Speaker 1: Kevin Kylie knows that this is not what you want. He knows that it is deeply unpopular. He knows that it hurts the people of fulsome. But he is not there to serve working families. He is there to serve himself and the billionaire class that put him there.
Speaker 2: Well, missus, Kylie, I think some of your constituents have a message for you. Don't vote to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut programs that the working class of this country desperately needs.
Speaker 3: Now, I wish we could talk to this Kevin Kylie person, but he's probably busy giving a foot rub to some oligarch right now.
Speaker 4: Oh, I tell you what typical of former English high school teachers. Kevin Kylie has become an unrecognizable monster, apparently, according to AC and Bernie. And we'll talk to the monster now. Congressman Kevin Coley of California's third district, Kevin, how are you, sir?
Speaker 5: I'm doing well. So nice of you to welcome me to your program, despite you know what you've heard from our friends Bernie and AOC.
Speaker 3: There, you're currently on your hands and knees serving as a footstool for an oligarch.
Speaker 5: Oh, my god, this is crazy. Did you see she flies first class for this fight oligarchy tour?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right, right, seriously, And Kevin, you're not going to blow your own horn, but if you if you knew Kevin a former high school teacher, son of a teacher, who believes in fiscal responsibility, educational choice, you know, American values, to call him some sort of lackey for oligarchs is hilarious. But how would you respond to the screeds that you've heard?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, where do I even begin? Well, for one thing, you know, I actually told both of them and I said, look, I'll debate you while you're in town if you want. But no, they much prefer to just stand out behind a telefronk and attack me from there than actually try to defend their ideas. But it's like when you look at what they advocate for. Okay, they want their socialists. They have a socialist vision for America. They believe in open borders, they believe in defunding the police. They believe in essentially attacking and effectively abolishing small businesses or at least making life miserable for them. These ideas have actually been implemented in the very states that they visited. In California, no more so than in places like San Francisco, or in Oakland or some Los Angeles, So we don't have to theorize about what the consequences are. We can see it in the real world that many Californians have had to live with, and what are the consequences we have at of control crime and homelessness and poverty, and ironically enough inequality. California has one of the most is one of the most highest inequality states in the entire country. So I'd say, just look at the reality that we have. Fortunately, I happen to represent an area where we do things differently, and precisely because of that, we've managed to maintain in a much higher quality of life than the rest of California.
Speaker 3: That's quite a crowd they drew, though enthusiastic crowd, as Burnie always does. You know, there's just enough chunk of people that buy that whole socialist vision that show up and cheer like crazy, and I can't. So they're trying to do what Trump did, where he would go into blue areas and draw a big crowd of excited conservatives that don't feel represented in that area and then call out the local person and then make a lot of news that way. So I guess that's the whole point is to get you to respond. I don't see how it benefits them exactly though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, And you don't know how many people come from, you know, the localaria and how our people come from, and so you know, look, I feel like, you know, people want to go and participate in that. I think it's fine. I think that people of whatever viewpoint they are is, whether you're far left, communists or wherever you are on the spectrum, I think it's it's a healthy thing to be an active participant in the political process. It just so happens that the ideas that ms Ocassio Cortes and Senator Standards are espousing are completely disastrous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, So you know, the Trump example is he's going around the country touting something that is majority mostly things that were majority popular or close to go ahead and nominate Bernie Ocassio Cortez. The lose forty eight states, So go ahead, you know, get as much attention.
Speaker 5: As you want, exactly. So, I mean, honestly, I think it's a great thing in the sense that they're providing a very clear contrast that we have a choice between radical socialism, which has failed disastrously everywhere it's been tried, including in places like San Francisco, or a return of the common sense that is sweeping the country right now and that is desperately needed in California.
Speaker 4: Congressman Kevin kyleie on the line serves California's third district to a very sane quadrant of California, not far from the radio ranch at all. So, Kevin, I love the point you made about the income inequality in California, and it brought to mind a couple of stories I've heard from friends who are small business people and or would be small business people who tried to get something started that would employ people, and they'reby feed and clothe them and educate their children, and the bureaucrats extorted them for either just exhorbitant amounts of money and permit fees and that sort of thing, or the paperwork was so dizzying it just discouraged them from doing it at all.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's right, exactly, And it's terrible at the state level in California. And then you go to places like Los Angeles, or San Francisco or Oakland, and then you pile on the bureaufracy there. And it's why so many small businesses are I mean, people in every community in California can tell you their favorite restaurant had to shutdown or their favorite small business had to shutdown. It's why you look at San Francisco, they've been leaving in droves. And you know, California also has the highest level of real poverty of every state in the country. Think about that. We've had one party rule for a long long time, Gavin Newsom and the supermajority legislature, and they've produced the highest poverty rate in the United States.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that that's quite a stat say that again, so I fully understand it.
Speaker 5: California has the highest poverty rate in the United States when you factor in the cost of living.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: That is sort of the one verdict for what these policies give you is they give you precisely the opposite of what Bernie and AOC are.
Speaker 4: Promising do some twenty twenty eight. Who's with me, so, Kevin, We've had an extended discussion over the last couple of days about the situation in American education K through PhD. And it's our belief that it's it's a huge challenge for the United States that so many of our educational institutions are teaching our kids to despise their country and Western civilization and that sort of thing. It's awful. You come from an education background, I know it's near and dear to your heart. Do you have any thoughts on how do we restore some semblance excuse me, of academic freedom without taking away academic freedom by you know, heavy handed mandates on college. Is that something you think about much?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's a great question. And you know, of course this is all coming to a head with this showdown between the administration and Harvard, But you know, we need to think about what exactly happened on that campus and a number of other campuses across this country. You had this absolutely abhorrent explosion in anti semitism. This isn't like some small thing that went wrong. It's one of the world's most abhorrent, recrograde, ancient prejudices that suddenly sprang to life in this horrifying way, that threatened the safety of students. That they took over buildings, they shut down campuses, essentially, essentially, people didn't feel safe on campus. And so I think that that has led many people to ask what has gone so incredibly wrong on these campuses. And it's not the sort of thing that the administration is saying where you can just have some whatever, some focus group, some passport, some committee that says, okay, well we'll try to do a little bit better. No, this is exposed something that is fundamentally wrong, problems that are deeply rooted in the culture of academia that frankly have in some cases been incubated at our universities and then spread throughout the country. And so I think that there this is a time where we need to demand fundamental reforms precisely to assure things like academic freedom. Because remember, even before the horrifying scenes we've seen over the last year and a half, Harvard, just to take that as an example, again, was the very worst college in the entire country when it came to protecting free speech. There was a survey one hundred and fifty one colleges. They ranked them, how good are you at actually allowing free speech? Protecting the First Amendment? Harvard was dead. Last I forgot heard that two hundred and fifty one.
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, we'll have to schedule a time to talk at greater length about this because again I think it may be the most important problem facing the United States. But you're right, we need to call it out, raise awareness, enforce the laws as they stand, and just chip away at the deal.
Speaker 3: Go back to making coffee for the oligarchs, and we'll let you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's the monster described by AOC and Bernie. I hope your children weren't frightened. Rhetoric, Kevin Kylie always always great to talk. Keep fighting a good fight.
Speaker 5: You bet, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: So my joke about he was on his hands and knees as a footstool for an oligarch. The reason, the reason that popped into my head. I was reading this book yesterday and I won't get bogged down on what it is, but it was about the elite private schools in England in the early twentieth century, and we talked about this before. Christopher Hitchins writes about how brutal they were. I mean, it's just it's amazing. I mean, if you were rich, you sent your kid to the hardest to get in school, gonna be raped or fondled, beaten with no repercussions from bullies, all kinds of horrible things. Anyway, at length, I was talking about the he went to one of your super fancy private schools. I mean, he was like your upper crust of England, and the headmaster, the guy who ran the school there, his wife would make two of the kids get on their hands and knees as a footstool for an evening at the school. Good work if you can get Oh my god, wow, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: Wow? That you know? Oh boy, I would love to talk to some some Brits about how that fits into the overall British vibe, you know, the culture. And because that's so abhorrent.
Speaker 3: Rich if you were rich, you sent your kids off to be abused, and everybody knew it. It was because most of them went to the same school. You went to the school and were abused, and then you send your kid to the same school to be abused.
Speaker 4: Right, it would become an obedient cog who repressed his feelings and behaved in a very British way. How That's what I was driving at. And there's actually some great pop music about this sort of thing, whether it's Pink Floyd's Another Break in the Wall Part two or Bloody Well right the Super Tramp classic about the British schooling system and how utterly dehumanizing it was intentionally.
Speaker 3: Wow, So they didn't come out of those schools, and thank God. One thing I'm never gonna do is have my kid go to some place like that.
Speaker 4: No, I did the opposite. Yeah, it's interesting and it's remarkably different than the American spirit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd say she would make a couple of kids get on their hands knees, so she'd use them most for a footstool in her evenings.
Speaker 4: That is, that'd just be weird. I'm not sure I want a human footstool. I mean, even if one were offered to me, I'm not sure I would take you up on the office.
Speaker 3: I agree, I wouldn't feel right about it. It takes it takes a certain personality to be okay with that. Yeah, yes, I will use you's furniture.
Speaker 4: Sure, don't get any ideas, Jack, I'm not coming in the studio.
Speaker 3: We got more in the ways there, arm Trong, Hey,