Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock mover's report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Master, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostick, and Scarlett Foo earning.
Speaker 3: It's crossing the wire qualcomm.
Speaker 4: Indeed qual common. Let's go right to the outlook. Fourth quarter revenue they're looking, folks for ten point three billion to eleven point one billion. That's above what the street is expecting, at least on the higher end. Ten point sixty one billion is what the street's expecting. Fourth quarter ad just at EPs more for the outlook two seventy five to two ninety five. The estimate on the street is for two eighty four. And again seeing let's go back to the past quarter. Third quarter just ADPs two seventy seven. That's better by a nickel in terms of what the street was expecting. And third quarter ad justed revenue of ten point thirty seven billion, pretty much in line with what the street was expecting. Tim ten point thirty three billion, Doc, little change is down about six tensive a percent here in the after mark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pulling up that earnings release here the company actually it's not even up yet on their investor relations website. That's how early these numbers actually came out. Worth repeating. The fourth quarter revenue outlook, though, does seem to be what is moving the stock in the after hours, ever so slightly, bouncing between gains and losses down about half a percentage point. The company says nine million. Excuse me, The company says capex at seven hundred and eighty five million dollars. The company also said third quarter adjusted revenue coming in just above estimates at ten point three seven billion dollars. Once again, fourth quarter revenue that outlook ten point three billion to eleven point one billion. The estimate was for ten point six one billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The promising sign in there, tim would be that there are signs of resilience and growth in the smartphone sector, and of course we'll be waiting for a read through on that that. When you're thinking about these large technology giants, the consumer exposure matters here a little bit. The high end phones though, are where they're doing even better, and so the question about that case shape for throughout the course of this earning season resumes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's kind of interesting too.
Speaker 1: We should point out we're also expecting to get earnings out of ARM, the UK chip maker, and of course we're waiting on some of the big heavy weights in the indexes. That includes Microsoft, Meta, also expecting Ford Albumarl, LAMB Research, eBay, and Western Digital, amongst others.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's just a reminder that not all tip companies are the same. So Quadcom maybe giving a little bit of a better forecast, but we've been getting from Texas Instruments, Intel, which also gave more cautious outlooks. So it's just a reminder you got to take a look at each of these companies and what their fundamentals are and really what markets they play into forward reporting.
Speaker 5: In just a couple of minutes. We've got to see an interview with the company CEO coming up in.
Speaker 3: Just about a half hour.
Speaker 5: We're also expecting of course Meta platforms a little later too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got to say, just to kind of get back to what we were talking about with Qualcommer, this is a stock that's only been up three point five percent this year, so there's a lot of room here for the upside of investors choose to read.
Speaker 3: It that way.
Speaker 6: But you're looking at it turn further negative here down up three percent.
Speaker 1: All right, Microsoft turnings are crossing the wire right now, So to his arm, let's start with Microsoft. The initial knee jerk reaction to the upside as the company says revenue in the most recent quarter seventy six point four to four billion, a beat the street was looking for seventy three point nine billion. Intelligent cloud revenue also coming in slightly above SIMN it's at twenty nine point eight eight billion.
Speaker 3: As you're another cloud revenue.
Speaker 1: XFX up about thirty nine percent in the border.
Speaker 3: The street was looking.
Speaker 1: For a gain of about thirty four percent in the quarter.
Speaker 3: I just want to point out one other quick thing.
Speaker 1: I know it's a much smaller business, but when it comes to the productivity and business revenue here you did actually see a beat there as well, thirty three billion dollars. And on the personal computing side, Tim Carroll, thirteen and a half billion, Street was looking for twelve point seven.
Speaker 4: I got to say, you know, I was curious about in terms of valuations for this one because Microsoft will fascinating to watch the trade here because it's bouncing around. I mean, this is a stock that's up twenty two percent year to date, and we are seeing off of these numbers initially a gain of about five percent, So investors definitely liking.
Speaker 3: What they got.
Speaker 4: I've got to say that as you're and other cloud revenue, maybe that's what's catching their attention. Up almost forty percent or up thirty nine percent, and that is easily beating the estimate of thirty four point two percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Satinadella, Chairman and CEO of Microsoft, saying, quote, cloud and AI is the driving force of business transformation across every industry and sector. We're innovating across the tech stack to help customers adapt and grow in this new era. And this year as you're surpassed seventy five billion dollars in revenue up thirty four percent, driven by growth across all workloads.
Speaker 6: And even beyond that, I'm looking at cap X numbers as well that came in for the quarter at least lower than expected. So that outperformance comes on the heels of not overspending either. I know a lot of investors are out there looking to make sure that they're getting a return on their buck, and you are seeing Microsoft just surging after this report because to your point, Carol Azora.
Speaker 3: Was really a big part of.
Speaker 6: What investors were looking for and making sure that more and more of that revenue was being driven by the AI initiative.
Speaker 4: And I guess I would say when it comes to AI, got to think about the Microsoft relationship with chat GPT. You know, they are kind of the king queen, if you will, in terms of what has set us going in terms of AI.
Speaker 3: We've got forward crossing the bloueb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to Ford for a second. We'll get back to Microsoft. Those earnings crossing the wire. Remember, the company had removed its guidance a quarter ago. It is now reinstating that guidance for the full year, and it does appear that guidance is lower than the one it gave before, saying that it expects earnings before interest in taxes so e BIT on an adjusted basis six point five to seven point five billion dollars. The low end of that range is slightly below the average street estimates, which was for six point eighty four billion. Also interesting, the company is trying to quantify the impact from tariffs, saying they see a tariff headwind of about two billion dollars. That's up from a previous guidance of about one and a half billion dollars, though they did point out that that number could be as high as a three billion, though they expect about one billion.
Speaker 3: Dollars in mitigation.
Speaker 1: If you will not quite sure what that means, that brings back down to two billion dollars.
Speaker 5: Well, speaking of high numbers, Meta share surging in the AFT hours up about three point six percent. The company sees third quarter revenue at forty seven and a half billion dollars to fifty billion dollars. The estimate was for forty six point two billion dollars. The company sees total revenue for the year to be in the range of forty seven point five to fifty billion dollars. It sees expenses to be one hundred and fourteen billion to one hundred and eighteen billion, so expenses were expected to be one hundred and thirteen to one hundred and eighteen billion dollars. Second quarter revenue once again beating estimate second quarter EPs coming in at seven dollars and fourteen cents. That's massively above expectations of five dollars and eighty nine cents. Second quarter revenue expected to be at forty four point eight three billion forty seven point five to two billion. Is the print share surging in the after hours up six point seven percent in climbing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's after Meta has been quite an now performer. It's up about nineteen percent year to date. Hey, let's go to some commentary and context saying they expect third quarter twenty twenty five total revenue to be in the range of forty seven point five to fifty point five billion, And they say, while we are not providing an outlook for the fourth quarter revenue, we would expect our year over year growth rate in the fourth quarter of twenty twenty five to be slower than the third quarter as we lap a period of stronger growth in the fourth quarter of twenty twenty four. So they expect full year twenty twenty five total expenses to be in the range of one hundred and fourteen to one hundred and eighteen billions, So that's narrowed from their prior outlook of one thirteen to oney eighteen billion and reflecting a growth rate of twenty to twenty four percent year over year, And currently expect twenty twenty five capex including principal payments on finance leases to be in the range of sixty six to seventy two billion, narrowed from their prior outlook of sixty four to seventy two billion, and up approximately thirty billion year over year at the midpoint.
Speaker 6: I also want to look at ARM here as well, because they're forecasting profit lower than expected, they're ramping up spending. Here. You do see shares down or more than five point seven percent after the market after saying that fiscal second quarter earnings will be twenty nine cents to thirty seven cents to share. Analysts had seen thirty five cents on average. So there you go. Softer profit expectations there.
Speaker 1: All Right, recoil quickly eBay those shares higher in the after hours trade. Guidance for the third quarter of two point sixty nine to two point seven to four billion, above street estimates on both the low and the high end of the range. For the most recent quarter, the company did beat on both the top and bottom line, revenue growing six percent tim to two point seven three billion.
Speaker 5: All Right, shares a robin hood up four percent in the after hours. The company is not giving a twenty twenty five outlook for operating expenses, but second quarter adjusted EBADAH was a big beat, coming in at five hundred and forty nine million dollars. Second quarter net revenue also beat, at nine hundred and eighty nine million dollars. Once again, shares hired by about four and a half percent.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.