Speaker 1: All right, we got a brand new Second Date podcast for you today to start your weekend. Thank you so much for being here. Please like, subscribe, rate, do all the things.
Speaker 2: And today, I really feel is a lesson in how some people don't realize they're being weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then what you do with that realization afterwards.
Speaker 1: So, but before we get into the new Second Date, what's our favorite comment of the day, alexis who I saw them from Sampson, who said, I love how Jeff stands on business. Nothing throws him off from the mission, regardless of the situation.
Speaker 2: Get to ask them for another date, and he surely does that.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes we get to the end of the day and I'm like, why are you asking?
Speaker 2: It is so obvious that they either have to know.
Speaker 3: I know why.
Speaker 4: Our producer told him when he started the main host gig, like you have to always ask you the point of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: He took that so literally literally. It's like a lot of him. Yeah, we get in Jeff, let him leave them alone. Hold on, before I know he burned your house down. I know, literally, it's not a lie.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to this second date. Back in Joy and thanks for being here. It's fricking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Second date up dates.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you can tell right away if you're romantically compatible with a person just by how they order at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: At Suddenly you're talking Jose's love language.
Speaker 3: I know, Jose.
Speaker 5: Like, for example, if you're at a fancy steakhouse and they say, yeah, I'll get a side of onion petals, no sauce, and a wedge salad as my Maine, but with no bacon, no blue cheese. Can I sub the croutons for keen wafflakes instead? I'm like, uh, can we go ring shopping right now? Because that's the high maintenance dream girl I've always needed in my life.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want super hot, that's what you have to put up with. Yeah, well they have to make sacrifice.
Speaker 3: They can have a couple of bites exactly.
Speaker 5: That's how our listener Andy says he knew his date was just.
Speaker 3: The right girl for him.
Speaker 5: Oh really, we'll learn more about it in a second, But first Andy, welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Hey, guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Man, God, any time.
Speaker 1: We open these Andy talking about food, I'm immediately hungry. I absolutely want to know what was ordered and what restaurant, well, every food related item.
Speaker 5: We'll get to all that stuff in just a second. First, let's start with the name of this person, this girl you met.
Speaker 3: What's she all about?
Speaker 6: Well, her name is Carla, Okay, and she's awesome. But I've been recently even trying to kind of get out on dating seeing a little bit more okay, because i was out of the market for a while and now I'm back in and trying to get the lay of the land.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: One thing that I've noticed is women these days, they're so particular on their meals. I'm a laid back kind of guy, and it's like it's super annoying when they're like, oh this and not that, Like just get some fish.
Speaker 5: Look, people do low car but it's like, hey, no, rise, I need ve Jesus at adjustment.
Speaker 2: Like people are just more food conscious over both genders.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you're pretty tired of that. Did that happen on your date with Carla?
Speaker 6: That's the thing, not at all, That's all she had to do.
Speaker 3: She's like, I'll take the blank and you were like, I love you.
Speaker 2: Is that accurate?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It go. She was a breath of fresh air, very easygoing. We went to a Mexican restaurant and all she did was she just ordered the Sashidas was.
Speaker 5: Just like the chicken.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the fatas are the ones that you can put together yourself. You don't even have to ask them for substitution.
Speaker 3: You have to choose though, chicken or bee.
Speaker 1: So I mean already, like, as soon as she orders, does your whole mood change?
Speaker 6: And I was like totally under her and I was like, oh, moving with me mouth.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: Did you tell her about your experiences and how refreshing it was to see her order like that?
Speaker 6: After? Yes, I don't want to preampibly warn her so lest she gets all nervous when she's ordering her food.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, all of that sounds great. You got the green flag with the food order. Tell us what about anything else that stood out on the date with Carla?
Speaker 6: Oh? I mean she's cute. She has a great personality, and when she spoke about things, she would literally light up. Like one of the questions I asked her, I was like, do you think your cat actually likes you? Or just putting up with you?
Speaker 3: I like that question what she say?
Speaker 6: She explained like how they were like best friends. But it wasn't like in a corny way, it was in a very great energy kind of way. Just a pause.
Speaker 2: Asking someone about their pets is a good move always.
Speaker 5: Okay, that personally lost me for dating Carla, but I'm glad that you and her on the same page. You want high maintenance and pet yes, very low negative energy.
Speaker 3: If you're just yeah, we'll get zero.
Speaker 1: I think that what's sweet is that she lit up about her cat, and you are literally lighting up up talking about her.
Speaker 2: Sounds so excited.
Speaker 3: How'd you mess it up?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: What did you do? How did the rest of the dinner go?
Speaker 6: So the rest of the dinner was great. We hung out way longer than we should have been the dinner table, and then we decided we didn't want the night to end, so we ended up kind of going back to my place. We opened up a bottle of wine and we talked some more. We we had more conversations, like one of them was like about if you want to delete one app forever, what would it be? My answer was TikTok, and she was like, no, I want to believe Venmo so I'd never have to pay for anything again.
Speaker 2: Okay, and she's funny dude.
Speaker 4: Okay, now I'm coming back around on yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So how did you and Carla leave it that night?
Speaker 6: I mean, I didn't want the night to be over, but it was getting late and being respectful first date and everything, so I called her an uber and she went home and I haven't heard from her since. The weird thing, though, is like i'll text her and she'll like my text, but she's not responding, like.
Speaker 3: You know, are you yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you asked a question or are you just saying hi?
Speaker 6: No? I also ask a question like I'd love to see you again, when can I'll take you out again? Thumbs up, And it's like, okay, well, I guess it thumbs up as good, but I need an answer.
Speaker 5: Here unless it's not even her answering and her cat has the password to her phone and is just getting in there pawing around liking your.
Speaker 3: Your text message, It's like, emphasize emphasis.
Speaker 5: You clearly had a strong connection the first time you hung out, so it's weird that nothing's happened since.
Speaker 3: Was a mystery to me.
Speaker 2: She's given like some positive vibes it's not like.
Speaker 5: She's That's what scares me when we call and talk to her. We have to put up with those positive vibes and hopefully get an answer out of her when we come back and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks, appreciate you all.
Speaker 3: All right, hold on that second date update.
Speaker 5: I only do this maybe a couple times a year, but I'm highlighting this second date as one we have to get.
Speaker 4: This guy is so head over heels from Curiously, I'm actually compared to all the other calls that we've done this year, I'm actually gonna put effort into this one for our listener, Andy, you're not putting.
Speaker 1: An effort on the your body, Legg doesn't say that arms cruss are sitting down.
Speaker 5: This is my effort most because Andy, he's on the phone with us. Andy, you seem like a genuinely good guy. And the way that you described your date Carla to us, she seems like a really cool person too, because most guys that we have on here, they just describe how hot their date's bodies are and how they tricked them into spending the night.
Speaker 3: Recently, I mean, I told her how much I could bench press. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 5: And while we're all impressed by that stuff, for sure, you actually focused on Carla's personality and her words.
Speaker 3: So clearly this means a lot to you.
Speaker 6: Yes, that definitely doesn't. I appreciate the kind words, and I also I appreciate the efforts as well from Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rare people get it. So you should count yourself lucky.
Speaker 2: What do you think is going on? Why do you think it's been so hard with her?
Speaker 6: No clue to the alci, which is why I reached out to you. It's like it's we had a great conversation, we had a great time at dinner, we had a great time back in my house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a mystery to all of us, and we're running out of time here, so we need to call her.
Speaker 3: I'm going to dial her number right now. Good luck to me.
Speaker 1: Here we go, good luck to me, Good luck to It's.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hello, Hey.
Speaker 3: Is Carla there?
Speaker 7: Yeah? This is she? Who is this?
Speaker 3: Hey, Carla?
Speaker 2: Hi, Carla?
Speaker 5: Love your name. By the way, my name is Gross. It's jeff and I work on a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, she sounds like a real sailor when it comes in.
Speaker 5: And uh, we're not trying to shock you too much, but we're calling as a favor to a really cool new friend of ours. We spoke to him on the phone, and you've met him before. He's a guy named Andy.
Speaker 2: Oh oh whoa interesting?
Speaker 3: That was a negative?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean maybe it didn't come out right.
Speaker 2: You remember Andy?
Speaker 6: Right again? What is this about?
Speaker 7: I'm just I don't know what this is all about.
Speaker 3: This is a segment we do called second Date Update.
Speaker 5: It's about your date and Andy, according to him, said that when you guys hung out, it was a lot different than most of the other dates that he's gone on this year in a really good way. So we're just trying to figure out if there's a reason why there hasn't been a second meetup because he's really hoping for one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know. I just I feel like I probably didn't have gone to his apartment.
Speaker 2: Gone to his apartment, he said, you guys didn't fool right, und or anything.
Speaker 3: What was weird about his apartment?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I'll just say this. There were a lot of framed photos.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: Usually, usually bachelors can't figure out frames and picture together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bought with a frame, Like, why were framed photos a red flag?
Speaker 6: To you?
Speaker 7: There there were framed photos of him of Andy.
Speaker 3: Wait, well, I would hope that they would be him in his own apartment. No, bro, I'm.
Speaker 2: Talking about my art, like him or him with people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 7: Just him, just him when he graduating, when he's like heading a tiger. I think it was, Uh, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Well, what's a red flag about that? To you?
Speaker 7: There were twenty of them him.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: But listen, he's a solo guy.
Speaker 1: He lives by himself, and obviously maybe he just has him up because he wants to remind himself of all the cool places he's been.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe should put up.
Speaker 5: Some stuff so Brook you you would see this and you would think this is normal.
Speaker 3: Twenty plus pictures twenty's a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't know about normal.
Speaker 1: But I'm just like, I don't know that it's like nefarious or means that he's a bad person.
Speaker 5: She doesn't say nefarious, she just said it's odd or it's weird.
Speaker 1: Well, she used it as a red flag, and it's the reason that she's not calling him back, And I don't know that that's fair.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying. I think if he's like cocky too, but I don't know that it is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, were there any cocky pictures of him? Do you think, Wow, this guy's a real.
Speaker 5: Chir wrong Jack, Well, I think it's so.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He had a photo of himself flexing.
Speaker 3: Did he have muscles?
Speaker 2: Did he have muscles?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Was it good?
Speaker 6: It was okay at best?
Speaker 5: I mean okay, I mean we could go into detail and talk about what was inside of all of his photos, But I'm still trying to understand what the underlying problem is.
Speaker 2: See you don't see it is a red flash?
Speaker 3: What is it? He's confident in himself and.
Speaker 4: Likes him absorbed self absorbed, or you're worried that he doesn't have friends.
Speaker 7: I did feel like it was clear to me after being there for half an hour it would be difficult to date someone who's already in a committed relationship with himself.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Maybe it's that motivational thing people do where you put a photo of yourself as a kid in the mirror.
Speaker 3: He just has twenty of them. Well, he's talking to the graduate.
Speaker 2: Just came across as such a good guy.
Speaker 5: I just felt, But I don't know, maybe we got a totally wrong read on him. And he's absolutely obsessed with himself because he is on the other line right now listening in on this conversation, which I guess in.
Speaker 6: A way is about oh, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And he does want to talk to you, Andy.
Speaker 6: Hi, Carla, how are you?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 5: For you?
Speaker 6: And this is like embarrassing for you.
Speaker 7: I don't want to put you on black on the.
Speaker 6: Radio because I thought we had a great time and then and you weren't necessarily responding back to me, and I didn't know You're gonna be kind of hitting on all the photos of like big moments in my life and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: And he's they're everywhere. There's one in the bathroom, Like, whoa, it is weird.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm sorry, I'm I don't have very good interior decoration skills. I guess you can say you make it seem like I have a big crush on myself.
Speaker 2: That's okay, you could crush on yourself.
Speaker 5: Can we ask, bro, like, when you were putting up all those pictures, why, like why did you.
Speaker 3: Put those up.
Speaker 6: I know they're just big moments in my life that it's nice of when I'm walking around being reminded of them, Like you mentioned the tigers, Like that's a trip I took with my parents when I went to Africa. Or I do I do have a shirtless Jim selfie on my well oneie?
Speaker 5: Is that the bathroom one? Because I would understand it might have fit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like.
Speaker 6: I mentioned before, I've been off the market for a while, I might have gained a lot of weight, and so like this is a picture of like after I hit my goal.
Speaker 3: Like, Carl, are you hearing him?
Speaker 1: I'm hearing this.
Speaker 7: I just feel like maybe he could have asked one of his friends and like is this too many photos?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like it didn't register with him at all.
Speaker 1: Like have you ever had anyone else comment about the excessive amount of photos?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't really, I don't have a lot of people come over, to be honest with you. And then you think about decorating with sock target photos of like red sucking up plants or whatever.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, let's not hate on people that like to decorate from Target because they have some good stuff.
Speaker 3: You should use a woman's touch. Maybe you two can help each other. I'm just an adjusted a little bit.
Speaker 1: Maybe you have a reasonable amount that he should have, Carla, is there a number in new head that's okay?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 7: Like three macs?
Speaker 6: How the world I choose just three moment?
Speaker 5: Actually, Andy, I have a good suggestion for you. They have these digital photo frames. Now we're all rotate through like five hundred, and you don't have to limit it down.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm definitely open to some options here, but I mean some of them need to stay up.
Speaker 1: He's taking this instride.
Speaker 2: Some people could have gotten really defensive about it.
Speaker 3: He went through all of this effort just to get in touch with.
Speaker 1: You, and look at what he could look like. I mean that gym picture is was okay.
Speaker 3: Well, no room for improvements, is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 6: So I mean, if you give me a second date that leads to the third, fourth, one hundred dates, then we can start hanging up pictures of us.
Speaker 3: Together, twenty pictures of you.
Speaker 5: So, now that you know everything, Carlo, you've heard what he has to say, would you consider going out with him again? We would pay for it.
Speaker 7: I mean, I feel like he was kind of in the dark about it. It's not like he's in love with himself, which I was really worried about. Yeah, I would be interested, but he has to take down some of those photos if I'm going back, or at.
Speaker 1: Least turn them around so not all of him is looking at you at the same time.
Speaker 5: Okay, you guys can actually do that on your next date.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, pick your top one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm totally done. We'll go out to dinner. Then afterwards you can go back and have a redecoration partylations.
Speaker 3: Andy, you got another meet up with Carla.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate your how we set.
Speaker 4: A goal to get them together and we did it, guys without even one picture of us.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, ask that is our effort for the entire year. We can go back to not caring. Any can bail it in.
Speaker 2: It's freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know, today's second date was a good lesson for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to put effort into things.
Speaker 5: No, because I have lots of frame photos of myself up in my place, my thing isn't in any of them.
Speaker 3: I tend to capture other stuff.
Speaker 2: But I almost asked what was and that was, no, you.
Speaker 3: Didn't come over and check it out if you want, I'm good, I.
Speaker 2: Get this printed like a public place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, now I know I need to limit them down to just three. So that's good to know.
Speaker 5: But I do think Brooke actually said it best during the segment because he seems genuinely surprised that too many photos of himself could be something.
Speaker 3: That derails a date.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, but good for him, he was open minded, he was willing to change and adjust. That's literally the number one thing you can do to be in a successful relationship.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's so.
Speaker 1: Hard for people these days to hear's up being like maybe a somewhat critical about themselves and think, yeah, oh okay, well I can fix that. But that's a great thing to think after that.
Speaker 5: They really were a great match, and I hope that we do get an update from them soon. And you could be the next couple that we get an update from. If you email the show, we call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts, they're available at Brook and Jeffrey