Speaker 1: The dog days of summer means it's time for the boards of summer to kick in the gear and the best way to cash in on your baseball IQ is with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Never bet on baseball before. It's simple. Pick a guy to go yard, hammer some live odd mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers. New Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings sportsbook app. Use Cold Shannon, That's Cold Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Hello, guys, thanks for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite unk, Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty Cities, own Madden Adjuster, Bengals Ring of Fame honoreed the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad O Chosenko Johnson.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit that button. Please make sure you hit the like button and.
Speaker 1: Guys go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. Like to thank each and every one of you guys for your support and your continued support. Thanks to you, Nightcap is the success that it is. Make sure you check out my shade by Laportier have a new drop and this one is very personal to me. I created a limited edition release to honor my brother Sterling, who is inducted into the Pro Football.
Speaker 2: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: This is just not a bottle, It's a tribute, a celebration of a legacy and once they're gone, they are gone.
Speaker 2: The Hall of Fame edition is officially live. Just head over to.
Speaker 1: Laportierkanyak dot com to grab yours while you still can do. Not miss this opportunity to own a piece of history and a special special moment. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platforms Shayshaped Media and my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: That link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: We've got Chargers receiver and the legendary than the son of legendary Jerry Rice. Brendan Rice is joining us a bit later to talk about Rashawn Slater's injury today and the Chargers offense. But first, O, Joe, Anthony Richardson was injured. Anthony Richardson was injured on the coach second drive. He dislocated the pinky on his throwing hand. Hey, we can't show this because it's NFL property, right huh Oh.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm saying the play that happened. O. Jo. Hey, I don't know if you saw the play.
Speaker 3: Yes, somebody blew assignment. I could I could have. Hey tell me not the titan went out right? Isn't the running backspore to pick muppet not go to the flat?
Speaker 1: Both of them pre released. O, Choe is hot. Everybody seemed to run the right route.
Speaker 3: Know what it was?
Speaker 2: Except him? Oh so the most remember Joe.
Speaker 1: You remember Justin Fields his rookie year, got his helmet take it off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he missed it right, the hot read It's.
Speaker 1: Two people seemingly ran hot. Just think about where the line went. The line went that way to the left. Yes, the tight end hooks up, the back runs a flat.
Speaker 3: Okay, So okay, okay, okay, So I thought for me.
Speaker 1: Somebody, look, I hope I pray it wasn't him, because in your third year, it can't happen on Joe.
Speaker 3: You got to be able to see that. But this is what I thought. I thought the tight end went on this route, right. Yeah. I thought the running back was supposed to step up and pick up the end coming up since this, since the line slid to the left, that's what I thought. The income and I thought the back of gonna pick up from where the tight end left. So I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: I hope, I hope it wasn't his fault.
Speaker 1: We might not ever know, but the a lot of people Jeff Schwartz said, this is day one empty protect an install BAMA for Richardson.
Speaker 2: He didn't see it. Kurt Warner an early.
Speaker 1: Pre Sison example of having pressure playing old line sliding to the left, quarterback responsible for the linebacker on the right. He comes ot correctly squeezed further Guy way hot Ar has to see this and dish to the running back or the tight end right away.
Speaker 2: Daniel Day one installed, Damn damn.
Speaker 1: When I saw it, I was like, I show, I show. Hope they blew this and not him, right, That's what I said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you got you gotta you gotta be able to see that. You gotta you gotta be able to see it. Obviously, obviously, when the quarterback comes to the line, you point to the mic. Anything outside of the mic. If more comes to the line, slide to the left and more comes and you can block boom, you gotta know you how got it? You got you got to You gotta be able to see it.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: I hope the tight end or the running back blew that. I really do, O Joe, I really do.
Speaker 3: If anything, it wouldn't be the tight end. Actually, I'm I'm assuming maybe.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to be somebody other than Richardson's. Yeah, yeah, because he's a quarterback that is really day one empty protection because the line goes one way, so anything that comes off that side, now I get it. Now, if you got if you got if you slide the line one way, and he was like, okay, tight end, you hot back. But but if that's the case, Ojo, why would it tight Here's the why. This is why it makes me think it's Richison. If the tight end think the back is gonna pick him up, he wouldn't need to be hot. You're only hot if nobody's coming if nobody's there to block it.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: It turns around. If he thinks the backs there, he's not hot because I got somebody. It would take two to make him hot. One doesn't make you hot because you got a blocker, right. That's what makes me think. Now I could be wrong, but.
Speaker 3: We played. Actually, if the quarterback points to the mic is too outside of the mic, that would make you.
Speaker 2: Huh, one guy came right.
Speaker 3: If the line is slide to the left, outside.
Speaker 1: Line slides to the left, it takes one. If why if the tight end thinks the back is going to take that guy, why would he run a hot route?
Speaker 3: I didn't even know he ran hot. I thought he went into his route. So you could be right, You could be right. I just saw the play at it.
Speaker 2: He only ran five yards.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, it's a stick which would which would be you know the equivalent of a hot rap. Maybe it's a built in hot right bill inside of just But my thing is is that and that's what made me think line goals here. Okay, if two come, yeah, we're hot. But only one came. So if the back was supposed to pick him up, the tight end wouldn't run hot. But like I said, the back could have blown aside it the black the back theoretically, Oh Joe could.
Speaker 2: Have that could have been his responsibility.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm afraid we won't ever know because nobody's gonna throw nobody under under the bus.
Speaker 3: Listen, even though nobody's gonna throw anybody under the bus, now you know you're gonna have unless you're gonna have punits that can gonna replay this tomorrow on TV on all football platforms, and they're gonna talk about it on Who's at Fault? Yeah, Now, just based on what I saw, I was thinking. I thought the tight end just went into his route, and I was thinking maybe the running back is supposed to step up and take on the end, which rarely happens because that's a complete mismatch. But you do sometimes get mismatches like that, depending on which way the line slides.
Speaker 1: Oh see, what they did is that they kind of ride a crossbuck right, the tackle squeezed down. Right, you take the most dangerous, you take head up, if you take inside, head up, most dangerous, man, I'm gonna turn the farthest guy. I'm gonna let him run the furthest distance because I know a guy that's in the gap, he has the shortest distance. I see the guy coming, he has a shorter distance than the guy that's outside of the tackle, that's coming from distance. So as I'm looking at it, they brought to mado. Ain't the I don't know if this the tight end, but all I know is he takes like three steps and get his head around the back.
Speaker 3: That's hot rock. That's hot rock, that's hot on.
Speaker 2: And and the back and the back, and the back goes to the flat. Look.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that one of those other guys, and I don't mean to put this on them, but this is a horrible look. If Richardson missed this, Oh Joe a third year guy and this is day one protection, This is not a good look. This is a downright awful, horrible look for a guy that's in his third year and he's supposed to be the guy that's gonna take you to where you want to go.
Speaker 2: You can't miss that.
Speaker 3: No, you can't you And listen you saw with Chase Daniels tweeted, right, that is one installed because when you install, you always install the hots for every single play, every every play has an install because at any point that they do blitz defensively, they're always at an advantage because you can only block so many people.
Speaker 1: You can only block so many the other guy can block. And Richardson blocked him with his chest. That ain't what you want, though. You don't want your quarterback to be a blocker. Because he got the ball Ojo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you look at the guy in the slot. He takes three steps and he gets his head around. You see the bat. The back doesn't even make it. The back tries to avoid it. He didn't try to touch it.
Speaker 2: No, So he's getting in the flat damn man.
Speaker 1: But here's the and and the thing is Ojo. He's looking so I don't know, man, I don't know. This is just a bad look. If he's the one that that that that goof this.
Speaker 3: I hope not. I'm hoping it's the ladder. I'm hoping I'm right, you know, for for his sake.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a question. I have no no knowledge of the extended injuries or how long it takes to recover this located finger. How long we're looking at.
Speaker 1: It all depends do they have to I mean, look, he can't throw it without a pinky.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen somebody throw it three fingers. I mean four fingers.
Speaker 3: Pinky is very very pinky is very important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the that's the one that How you gonna hold it?
Speaker 3: Hey man, where is the ac? It's freezing in here? Hold on?
Speaker 1: This is this is this is a bad look chat I just like I said, and and I'm saying this because as a quarterback, you cannot miss this. So maybe the maybe the slot receiver, which is they say that he's a tight end. I don't know. Uh, that's what a Kirk Kirk Warner said, he's a tight end. So I'm gonna take Kurt. I'm gonna take Kurt Warred for it. Maybe that's what they had him listed as, but he was he was in an up position ojo. So so basically the slot he takes three steps, he turns around, he gets his head around. Yeah, look at the back. The back is be lining for the flat.
Speaker 3: So you have two options to go with and get the ball at your hands.
Speaker 1: You should go to the back because if you look at it, the safety chiefs down.
Speaker 2: He takes that guy.
Speaker 3: Right now, So you should go to the flat right right away. Yeah, damn. And then not only do you make the mistake, making the mistake and not seeing the hot now you hurt. I could see if it was a sacking. Okay, look we get we get to come back. You've seen it on film obviously in your third year, so you should be used to that. Look, they're not they're not doing nothing. Everything is vanilla. It's the preseason.
Speaker 2: That is nothing exotic.
Speaker 3: Everything is vanilla. So you should be able to see it ahead of time. And I don't know, I don't know. I'm hoping. I'm hoping. We're gonna We're gonna know tomorrow though, because they gonna break it down. Everybody's gonna break it down. Yes, God, that's crazy, man.
Speaker 2: And the thing is old shoulder injuries.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's hurt. He missed thirteen games as a rookie. He missed another four last year due to an injury. That's seventeen games and thirty four, so he's missed half. He's missed half the snaps in his career. They said thirty four games seventeen and seventeen. He's missed seventeen, so he's missed fifty.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, so he hasn't had a full season yet even No, I remember his shoulder last year?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: Last year he dislocated his shoulder.
Speaker 1: Us the shoulder he dislocated as a rookie. Okay, and so but he it reinjured it if I'm not mistaken, damn man.
Speaker 3: And this is the year, this is to make a break a year, especially being in a quarterback competition with Dave Jones. Well, hell, Dan Jones looking no goddamn better, no disrespect. He didn't look no better. He didn't look too promising. Oh this is the quarterback of the future, Joe. But you got to realize he was also bitched. Oh yeah, for coming out the game. Coming out that's right.
Speaker 2: So he's missed more than half.
Speaker 3: What's next?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, he gotta he's got to figure this out of Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn.
Speaker 1: But I mean when you take a guy that's a and everybody said he's a project. He has phenomenal God, he has gifts, yes, size, his strength, he has a nice art, he has an unbelievable arm, crazy to refine the touch.
Speaker 2: But he's a project. He's a project, Graham.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 1: This is this is not a good look, I mean the first game of the season or second d.
Speaker 2: And you injured.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could imagine, especially as a quarterback on you already know I.
Speaker 1: Might mess up, but I ain't messing up something that's gonna get me hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know how much they have to deal with too, Yes, how much is on their plate coming to the line, you know, knowing what everybody's doing, being able to point out. I mean, it's so much. Remember when I told you sometimes that I go in the huddle and I know how much Carson has to deal with and I want the ball, And instead of bothering them or saying something verbally, I'll just tap his hip just to put it in his mind, just let him know. And then once I get out there, I'll still won't say anything, but let him know. Listen, I know you got a lot to go through. You got to reason to make you got to make it call and do your points. Talk to the office of line, just to let you know I'm there, just so yeah, subconsciously.
Speaker 1: That's the middle of the regular season. This is the first game of preseason. Ain't nobody running, ain't nobody, ain't nobody putting anything on tape?
Speaker 2: They want to run. This is this is day one? They won? Yeah? Yeah, obviously yeah, And I'm like, damn this all we got?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Cover one, cover three, you might get a look.
Speaker 1: I ain't doing nothing exotic at all. I ain't doing no two man, I might run, I ain't clouding it. I ain't doing I ain't banjoing no coverage. I ain't doing none of that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I just like I said, oh Joe, and and I hate to put this on the running back or the tight end, but it would be better if you guys goofed this than him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn, man, I was I was looking forward. I was looking forward to to him competing, you know for that position.
Speaker 2: You go miss time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they they probably went back in and the question is what's his pain tolerance?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. That's a good one. Well obviously you could you could take you could take these.
Speaker 1: Two no as a quarterback and throw the ball. That's his throwing hand. He ain't catching no passes, he ain't rushing no passes.
Speaker 2: You're a quarterback. You ever seen a quarterback take two fingers together?
Speaker 3: Only throwing hand throwing hand? No, there you go, and you saw his finger it was sideways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I've had it. I did my my ring finger like that and then I had to take two of them together. But I'm catching the ball. I'm not throwing the ball right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Damn man, damn.
Speaker 1: And his accuracy is is is challenged when all when five fingers are perfect. Come on, I'm just being I'm just being truthful, oh Joe, And so I mean, oh jo man, you look you know, when when aren't going well, you need to be You need to be Everything needs to be right.
Speaker 2: Your body needs to feel right. I mean it's already a challenge.
Speaker 1: Because you know, O Joe, when you injured and you don't have that, you just don't feel like, oh bro, it's hard to get open, it's hard to cover people, it's hard to complete peak complete passes. Now imagine that you're knicked. It's just it's not a good look. I'm and I'm not. I hate to be labor it, but like I said, I just hope and like I said, they can break it down. And Kurt said what he said, Chase Daniel said what he said. The gentleman said what he said. But it looked like to me the quarterback blew it. But I'm hoping somebody else did. Maybe the offense is Linder should have held off a little longer. I got to try to put it on somebody. Ojo he did, he he gapped it. Who eased it down?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make this guy run the fathers I'm making. It's kind of like on pump Protection. You make the guy that's the father's the way run the featheres to block the punt. I don't want to give anybody inside because they're closer to the punter.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: That's tough, man, that's tough. That's a that's a that's you don't want to start the season off like that.
Speaker 1: No, you don't want to get injured.
Speaker 3: Yeah at all.
Speaker 1: That's the last thing you did. You're trying to because you're not gonna play a whole lot, o Joe. You're gonna play ten snaps, maybe fifteen snaps.
Speaker 2: Damn. But I get nicked on ten to fifteen.
Speaker 3: Snaps, That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I think we've we've hit out enough for Yoe. Yeah. Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase made the best of their first preseason game of the season. Joe Burrow nine of ten, one hundred and twenty three yards, two touchdowns, chase four catchers seventy seven yards a tubod you saw it.
Speaker 3: Listen, Joe look good. Outside of that Aaron pass the T Higgins. That was a little high. But that's fine, that's fine. Is I will take. I will take what I just saw today. If we can do that next if we can do that next week as well. Get acclimated to the speed of the game. Get yourself ready, get in rhythm, because I don't care how much you practice the team going against yourself. When you play on game day, it is completely different. Let's be ahead of the curve this time this season. Okay, we done got our feet wet. We know what to expect, we know what it's going to be like. I understand Burrow. Okay, when I have to process a little bit faster, Okay, I got to get this ball out a little bit faster. I gotta anticipate a little bit better. It may be instead of having to do that and find all those things out and try to find that rhythm week one, when it's two goddamn late. No reason we should have lost to the Patriots last season Week one, as bad as they were collectively as a team. We shouldn't have to rely on anybody else towards the end of the season in December, relying on them to lose a game so we can make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: That's what happens when you don't take care of your business. Now you're you're hoping and wishing somebody else do your job for you.
Speaker 3: We won't have that problem here. I guarantee you that we are one in eleven, one in eleven.
Speaker 1: I mean you like what you saw a little bit of time there and that I just want to he hey, I don't care. Look, I want to score, but I want us to be sharp. I don't want penalties. I don't want mistakes. I want us to go in there. Ay, we got ten plays, we got fifteen plays. I wanted those plays.
Speaker 3: To be creep clean, and they were Chris. They were Chris. If I'm not mistaken, we digging down to the goal line had uh. It was it was under it was a tripping, it was a it was a low it was a low block, but he kind of fell, but he put the ref in the position with the ref had no choice but to call it because Mems was engaged with the d n or with the with the tackle.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh you call so he called a chop block.
Speaker 3: They called the chop block. But actually the guard fell and he went low and it looked like he put the ref in the back position. He didn't have a the call. We still scored on that possession, right, Quincy, He looked good. But of offense is the problem. Offense is the problem. We know we can score, we can know, we know we can put up points. Yeah, problem is on the deepen the side of the ball. Yeah, if we score thirty five, can we keep the other team from scoring thirty six and thirty seven?
Speaker 2: That's the y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all scored, y'all scored fourteen, gave up seven, and then the second quarter you gave up seventeen more. Tanner McKee with twenty of twenty five, two fifty two and two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Hey, Tanne McKee, Tane McKee, I heard you. I heard the grights about your offensive Madden rating. You look good tonight. You look very good tonight.
Speaker 2: Now not good? Well? Backups ain't complaining about no ratings.
Speaker 3: No, hey, they complained about the rating. If you look at my timeline, you probably don't look at the timeline. But chat, if you look at the timeline, you will see everyone talking about mckinne performing tonight and asking me to raise his rating based on what he's done in the preseason.
Speaker 2: And he's dead.
Speaker 3: He said in the clipping practice, Oh that's what my rating is. Okay, Well watch what I do on game day. And he went out there and actually showed out. He literally went out there and showed out tonight. It looked good. But I have a question. Do you credit what he did today against twos and threes and fours and other people trying to make the team as a reason to raise the rating.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious, No, because guess what he's playing with twos and threes and fowards and he's going against twos and threes and fowards. Okay, So that that I mean if Lane Johnson wasn't in there, if my a Loot wasn't in there, if Jergens wasn't in there, and Dixon wasn't in there, if aj Brian and Davante and sat Quan. So what we're talking about here, did they play the night? Let me cook, Let me click on this and see what they got going on.
Speaker 3: That's that's a. That's a good question. That's a good question because I see all the people tweet me and I didn't know how to answer it. Is a player really? Is it really justifiable? And to raise someone's raising based on what they do in the preseason.
Speaker 1: No, I don't see I don't see none of the names that I that.
Speaker 2: I don't see a J. Brown.
Speaker 1: I don't see Davante, I don't see Saquan. I don't see Jalen Hurts. Right, So he's going against He looks like he's going against the competition that did did your starter to play?
Speaker 2: Hold on? Oh? Yo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do realize your defensive starters played, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they played. They played the first two series.
Speaker 2: And you happy with that? Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm just checking.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: No, oh Man McKee twenty twenty five against your starters.
Speaker 3: I don't know, But I don't know about all that. Damn, don't don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: I don't do that. Don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, he did get a touchdown on the field goal against your starters. He got ten points. That ain't Jalen Hurts, that's not Davonte, that's not a j and that's not that massive, that mammoth offensive line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are, we sure? Are we sure? It was our starters that were in once McKeen is McKean. I don't want to Butcher's last name McKeen, right, McKeith, Oh, McKeith. Yeah, I don't know. I didn't really pay attention to what we did defensively, who was in defensively. I just was more concerned and making sure we came out offensively, explosive, clean, and we were just at those first two series.
Speaker 1: Look, let's not tell, let's not make a mountain out of a mohill is the preseason.
Speaker 2: The preseason is.
Speaker 1: To get an opportunity for your guys to go on and bang on somebody, hit somebody that's not there, that's not their teammates.
Speaker 3: Pause pause, pause pause, Come on, tight though, man, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: It's an opportunity for you to tackle block someone that's not in your uniform. Yes, sir, that's not in your locker room that you're not going to go sit in and dine in the hall and sit next to and Kiki key with. This is your opportunity to do that, like what you're going to do in an actual game in the regular season.
Speaker 2: So this is the first chance.
Speaker 1: So you want to see how your guys handle that because they haven't done this before. Your rookie is a lot of some of your first year players had never done this before in a meaningful situation like this, OJO, So I.
Speaker 2: Want to see how they handle it.
Speaker 3: Mm HM.
Speaker 2: College is one thing.
Speaker 1: NFL is something entirely different, So I want to see did they have how did they handle the.
Speaker 3: Moment completely different? I think I think for the most part, based on what I saw defensively, obviously there are things that need to be fixed. You get back, you get back tomorrow, watch and watch film and see some things need to correct. You're playing one of the better teams, one of the better well coached teams, is that, which is why I think the second and third stringers for the Eagles looked as good as they did against our defense, and you got to tighten it up. As far as stuff that there's to build onto. Offensively, you continue to build. You continue to continue to build on what we did tonight. Now come the second game. I don't know who we played the second game in the preseason, but I'm hoping the starters again once again Joe and Chase and t and Zach a little bit more to get another two series three Yeah, bingo, get get get three series. You know if if, if you can, then the third game, everybody shut it down. Yeah, everybody shut it down and get ready for Week one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I agree, I agree with that approach. The thing is, oh, Choe, the reason, the reason why I don't want to do anything complex. I want to be simple because I want my guys to play fast. I don't want to thinking, bro we got this is. This is as simple as you're gonna get. This is steam rice, this is broccoli, This is grilled chicken. That's what this is. This is no seasoning, this is nothing special. This is no added time, no extra anything. I just want you guys to play fast. This is what we do. We're gonna call defenses that will allow you to play fast. We're gonna call an offense that's gonna allow you to play fast. I want to see you play fast. Yeah, there'll be a time that. Okay, we're gonna add a little bit more now, o Joe, We're gonna ad a little bit. You know, you want a little season on this thing. I'm gonna give you a little seasoning. Yeah yeah, Now, now the third game, your starter is not gonna play. Okay, guys, see, I mean I like to me, oh Joe, I like that third game because we play four games. I like the third game because we treated it like a regular season game. And you come out at the half. What you do, because you come out at the half, you go right back in there. Hey, offense, there you are. Okay, defense, offense, be ready. Defense, you up first to get you in the mood of coming out of the game and coming out at halftime and having to go back into the game. Everything, that's it. Whatever we do in the preseason, O yoe. All this is doing is prepared us for the regular season. It's giving us a dress rehearsal for the regular season. You're gonna run, You're gonna run packages. We're gonna run a We want to look at, you know, short yardage. We want to look at our twelve personnel. We want to look at our eleven personnel. We want to look at our empty package. We want to look at our jumbo package. You want to look at gold line. We want to look at a lot of different things. And so we're gonna give us, give you an opportunity in the three games that you're gonna play. We want to try to put you through as many situations that's gonna come up in the regular.
Speaker 2: Season as we possibly can.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we just want to get it on film, Mojoe. We just want to get it on film. Nothing, nothing major, But I just want to see what it looks like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you and you know what's funny. You know that I also like about the preseason is it's football in its simplest form and its purest form. We line up and then just smashed mouth football.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: No, no, like you said, no seasoning, no creativity. We're not scheming for the Eagles, the Eagles, aren't. We just lining up and playing football. Can you get out there, make the blocks you need to make? Can you stop stop the court, stop the receivers. Can the receivers get open? Just just it's just normal football. Can you do that at a high level and consistently?
Speaker 2: That's all That's all I want to see, Ojo.
Speaker 1: Trevor Lawrence says he wants Travis Harder to play more offense. You say, selfishly, yeah, I if they want him on our offense more, I told him do you want to see you want to come catch touchdowns or do you want to maybe break up a pass or to a game. That's the decision you've got to make. Of course, as a quarterback.
Speaker 2: I hope he plays more offense.
Speaker 1: Travis was asked how difficult has this been to work both sides of the ball. It's not hard at all, if I'm being honest. The first off day that we had, I came back and did both sides, and that's the thing that got me. That got to me. After that, I've been good. Travel will play both sides in Jacksonville's preseason game against the Steelers. That won't answer Davante's whether Doc playing got a high level be cause flow, like I said, he gonna have basic defense on when he's playing the corner, You're gonna have basic plays on our offense. But look, until we get to the regular season, oh Joe, right, And until he has to play both sides, Until he plays both sides of the ball, we're gonna be watching the level at which he plays. That's what we can take. I think you and I and a lot of people are agreeing agreeance. Yeah, he can play both sides, but what's the level of what you're gonna play at because football is about levels, especially when you're the number two are to pick in the draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, you know that. You know what I like them, what you like his confidence? Huh? The fact that he believes he can do it. That's where everything starts with in the beginning, anyway, the belief that I can do something, having the confidence that I can do it, and putting the work in to be able to do it. And then not only does he have the goddamn confidence, he also has a skill.
Speaker 1: Set, has the end he has the instincts to be able to pull it off on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: Now you get a small sample size of that. Now you've done it in practice. Doing it in practice is one thing. Hell, you know what's coming half the time, you know it. They know what you're doing. But how you're gonna look in the preseason game you get a small symbol size. You're not scheming for anybody. You have joint practices. But again on game day, Chad, I don't know how to explain it to you. It's just different. It's just different. There's been some times in practice I feel like I'm running fast as hell, and I get in the game, and I'm moving, but it feels like I'm running in the sand, but I'm not. It just feels like I'm heavy. It just feel but you know, And I go back and I watch it and I go come to the side. I ask you, I say you, I don't know what's wrong, but it feels like I'm running slow. And he would look at me like, nah, it's not like it's not that you just don't feel like you do in practice because it's a game. The adrenaline, everything's moving. You know, you're playing fast. Okay, you sure? Okay, yeah, I'm good. But it's different. So I'm excited to see not how he doesn't practice. Yeah, that's one thing. When do they play? When When do the Jaguars play?
Speaker 2: Saturday?
Speaker 3: Saturday?
Speaker 2: Saturday?
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, they played? You know, I might go, please have Mester Jacksonville. I might shoot down to the game.
Speaker 2: Where's the game? Man? Please?
Speaker 3: Please say it's in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: It's in Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: Say less. Now, I got something to do. I got something to do. I could I could watch that right up and close in person. Okay, Ben, Hey, I'm excited. Man, that's gonna be nice.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, but it's it's it's gonna be He's gonna have to be locked in, yes, for the entire of the game, you know, a quarterback. I'm only locked in when i'm you know, I guess what, y'all. I ain't worried about what the defense do it. I ain't paying I'm not even paying attention to the defense, right, I got my responsibilities. He's never in a situation where he doesn't have responsibility.
Speaker 3: I think I think he's gonna be alright. Though, I think gonna be al right. I can't. I'm so excited. It's like I'm almost like a kid the night before Christmas, the excitement that football is here.
Speaker 2: That is happy.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm but then knowing, Okay, we got a dynamic player, an individual where everyone's doubting what he can do.
Speaker 1: You know, No, no, no, they're not what he can do. They doubting he can do it at the level. Yeah, so they know he could do it.
Speaker 3: So that's that's the part that makes me excited. That that that that has me excited. Let's see if he can. Let's see if he can. It's no different than the Canelo and Goddamn budd fight. That's coming up on again. Got me feeling like a little kid at Christmas. You understand how great Canelo is. We understand budd is going up two way classes against someone who is a slugger heavy he how's it gonna play out?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: What's up? What?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Listen? Man, if I had your hands, I cut mine off. What that's about?
Speaker 2: It all right? Without it?
Speaker 1: For the Ado, he was a former seventh round draft pick out of the us USC. Played two season at USC, played two seasons at Colorado. The sun legendary, the all time great, the Goat receiver Jerry Rice Brandon. How you doing, man, I'm good boy, I'm good man. Thanks for coming on, bro.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you most congratulations you and your brother both in the Hall of Fame. Man, that's huge.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that, man, Appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Earlier this week, the quote was Rice is coming off his best practice in the Charges uniform. Sunday, he caught two touchdowns and eleven on eleven, Lance attempted another fade to Rice.
Speaker 2: Rice jumped over.
Speaker 1: The corner Leonard and made a contested catch for a touchdown. You admit that you understand that I'm in a battle. I mean they ain't a whole lot of receiver spots available. It might only be one, and it might be two or three guys vying for that one spot. What have What has been your mindset coming into camp and what's been your mindset once you got into camp.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I've chased competition my whole life. So being in a battle never, it's never something new to me, especially dealing with like it's always adversity. There's always another thing that's coming upon you, and it's just how you go ahead and tackling each and every day.
Speaker 3: Hey, I got a question for you young boys, the pressures of having to live up to the legacy of your father. How have you been able to deal with that? Obviously having a father that is known as one of the greatest, and the pressures of you most of the time people expecting you to be and follow in his footsteps and be just as great as he is. Has it been any type of pressure on you to kind of get out of the shadows of Dad and create your own own way in a sense.
Speaker 4: Pre privilege?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that I got to write that down.
Speaker 2: Hold, Oh shoot, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Put that in my notepad. Say it again. What was that what you said.
Speaker 4: Pressure is a privilege. Yeah, I got the last name. You know. Shoot, I've dealt with it my whole life. All I felt was pressure. All I dealt with was people commenting. And you know that's what it is when you're in the spotlight. Especially when my dad did. He was super humble about how he approached certain things, put the work in each and every day. You gotta respect that. But I'm my own person as well.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this, if you could have a conversation with your Door, because we understand that his father is coach Pryme and there's always even though he didn't see the thing with you, the pressure is because you played the same position as your dad.
Speaker 2: Your Door didn't play the same position as his dad. But what advice would you give him?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I have no advice to give him. The Door got his head on straight. He knows how to go ahead and be that I would have to say that public figure in the media and how to go over ahead and handle certain things. The dude is awesome and it has been terrific ever since he was at Jackson State to Colorado man and how he carries himself and how that whole family is just structured. It's awesome to see.
Speaker 2: The news came out.
Speaker 1: I think it was official yesterday that Keenan Allen returned. He spent it, He spent all but one year there. He left last year, went to the Bears, had a phenomenal season. Now he's back, and you know, like damn it did bring it back for a reason. I mean, there ain't no sentimentality here that hey, they feel he can still play. But you but you understand. I'm sure your dad has told you that. You know, he got to where he got because of hard work, discipline, and dedication, and so you expect that, like I'm gonna come in, I'm competing for jobs. I understand that my last name. People are not gonna keep me on the team because of my last name, because he's not out here catching passes.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Yeah, man, like he already has just shown that he's that leader in the group. Off rip. You know, he's an old head. I'm giving him a little crap talking and everything. You know, both of y'all old heads too. Shoot, But just the way I've seen him go ahead and position himself and he's not coming in demanding anything of everybody. He's coming in, putting into work just like us. And I'm just watching his craft, the way he works and stuff like that, and it's something crazy, something that I haven't seen in like my whole career, my whole life anything. Even though yes my dad cool, I wasn't I wasn't of age yet, But like, just seeing that and see who he is just goes ahead and drives me to put myself in a position, handle myself in a correct role, put that work ethic in each and every day and let everything just let the dominos fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one thing about when you put the work in, work in and this is just not this is life in general. No matter what people do, whether it be football, whether it be soccer, whether it be in the corporate world, when you put the work in the foosia labor, they always rise to the top. You always get paid dividends for the work you put in. And obviously we know you put in in all the work every time you step on that field in practice, whether it be the preseason, that's part of your resume. Yes, that's your resume. So when the opportunities do present themselves for you in LA, all you have to do is make the play. That's all they come down to. Can we count on brother rights to make the play when it's number is called, Whether we call your number five times, what do you call your number one time? Can you make that play? And once you take care of that part of your what your end of the bargain, there's nothing else you can say. May the chips ball where they make Brandon.
Speaker 1: Every time you step on the field, just remember you're auditioning for thirty one other teams. The Chargers are not the only one pay players. There are thirty one other teams that film. That's that's your that's your yo, yo, your your tape is your resume. Yes, and so you just make sure that every time you step on that field, you make sure you update that resume. They say you're supposed to update your resume now every six months, but in sports you get an opportunity to update it every day, every other day, once a week. You make sure that when you step on that field, you putting that resume out there for thirty one other team. Hey I'm the Chargers. Yeah, you got first change, you got first crack at this. I'm giving you first a first opportunity to buy this.
Speaker 2: But if you don't, Yes, sir, that's that's how.
Speaker 1: That's how you have to approach it every even when you year two, when you in year three, when you're in year four, it does not matter. Because all I want is if somebody get tired of me, I want somebody else want me.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm yeah, hold on, hold on, say say that again with somebody what I got. I gotta put it in my notes because they ain't got.
Speaker 2: But you got.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you know how it is someone doesn't want you.
Speaker 2: You want someone else to want you. Oh my god, oh Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Brendon the big news out of training camp today, Rashaun Slater signed a massive contract. Offensive lineman rushed this for tell attendant. What was the mood of practice? I mean, because obviously you don't know the severity of it. You just know he goes down, he's in grimacing in pain, and if I'm not mistaken, I think I read they carded him off the field, But you don't know the severity of it. Now you know the severity of it, What was the move when it happened? What was the mood around the team?
Speaker 4: Around the team, everybody just kind of gasped, I would I just have to say immediately said a prayer for him after. You know, he's one of those guys that handle business off and on the field and carries himself in such a manner. Rashaun Slater just in the time being around him, he is nothing but being greatness. Honestly, he's great at everything he does. And shoot, the worst part about it is as a team, as a unit word, we're in the next man up mentality, even though that definitely is gonna hurt us, but we got to move on and push ourselves to the next episode. We can hopefully win the super Bowl this year.
Speaker 1: Look, you were there, you've been there for two years and you've seen Justin Herbert phenomenally talented athletic, but like people, the criticism that he gets is that big games and winning in the playoffs. What's the biggest misconception that's portrayed about Justin in the media that you can say straight like, it ain't like that.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I have no misconception and stay even at dress this dude literally had it came into the hall of the other day breaking us down. He's like, honestly, I have nothing to say to y'all, I'm tired of speaking. Let's just win this damn super Bowl like straight like that and the Dudey's phenomena. I kid you now, I've seen him make some crazy throws, but I've never seen somebody like this in my life. Just the way he carries himself and everything. Yeah, yeah, y'all gonna see y'all just prepare yourselves.
Speaker 3: Hey, I got a question. The fact that you play receiver son to the grateful receiver of all time, but when it comes to studying the craft, the artistry, when it comes to route running today, who would be your top five receivers in today's game? And whose film do you watch and try to steal bits and pieces from them?
Speaker 4: Okay, number one, I'm dead when we go on Julio. I watched Julio like crazy. That's a good one, Yeah for sure, just from my archetype and everything my body right, and the way he's able to break down, get in and out of routes. It's beautiful him. Calvin Ridley, Oh of course I watch you, big dogs. Yeah, just so we know it would be like a twenty pound difference.
Speaker 3: Waitt, I'm too, I'm too twenty right now, right now, when you played when I played out of like one sevente.
Speaker 4: Exact, yeah, gave me three so far, A J Brown for sure, crazy and my last one I would have to go to Brandon ayuk Ooh that's a one.
Speaker 3: When it comes to your style of play, are you? Are you one that enjoys and welcomes contact like a like a Julio and and the AJ Brown Like if somebody touched me, the play is over. Like I'm not I'm not I'm not getting off. I'm just saying, all you one that can play through contact and it is comfortable, allowing hands to be put on you, being able to put you know, pulling tug and do stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Of course. Of course, shoot, context is my friend.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm bigger in the weight room, benchmore. I do all that type of stuff a little bit differently, So I want to go against certain corners. Yeah, that's my friend. But of course, no receiver like being touched now.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, And and for me that was that was my weakness. I know what my weaknesses were. Contested catches. Don't do it. I'm gonna lose every time, which is why I had no choice but to create the type of separation I did when I played because I suck at contested catches fifty fifty balls, Dude, I can't do it. I suck at fifty fifty balls. Now everything else I'm good at. But my coach is understanding my weaknesses. Never put me in those positions to what I was exposed. Yes, sir, that's though. That's dope. Here though, that's dope. That's dope.
Speaker 2: Brendan.
Speaker 1: Did you find obviously Jerry being your dad and everybody knows what he means and meant to the league and how great he.
Speaker 2: Was, did he put pressure on you or did you want to play?
Speaker 1: Did you just want to play football and just happened to gravitate towards that position.
Speaker 4: Well, to be honest, off, rip, Me and my pops didn't have the best relationship growing up. Okay, so football was my gateway. It was my out and that and Christ himself man like the way, I just went ahead and developed into the game and took it as just my It was my escape from reality. And even though we yes I'm playing the same position, everything felt as though I was getting closer to him by playing the game of football. And then I went ahead and put so much work into my craft and studying the game and everything like that that all I wanted to do was get better, get better, get better, and hopefully, I don't know if there is one, be the first father son due on the and a hall of fame just like yo, man, shoot hopefully.
Speaker 2: H U s C big ten. You like the chances this year? Come on now, come on, man, come on, we we bleed that. Come on, fight on bad, y'all.
Speaker 1: They do too best fighting on though, Brandon, last couple of years, y'all have been fighting on. Y'all been trying to fight them off.
Speaker 4: You know, they always knock you when you're down. Man, It's okay, It's okay.
Speaker 3: Should yeah, hey, you know you know what I want. I want to ask about Lad McConkie's lad. I called him Ladarius. I'm at yeah, I'm called you Darius McConkie. Is he is he as good as advertised based on what we see on Sundays?
Speaker 4: He's better, He's better the things that y'all see on sun Days or just a glimpse of his greatness and what he is put into the game. I saw this dude go over here justin through a beautiful ball on just a you know, a deep cross and he did a late hands between two defenders and it was nasty. Man from his route, running his technique. How he carries himself each and every day. Yeah, he des only saw a glimpse.
Speaker 2: He's special.
Speaker 1: Well, Brendan, thanks for stopping by giving us a few moments of your time. Best of luck, stay healthy. Hey remember thirty one others to watch it.
Speaker 3: Watch hey, don't forget man, come come hot, Let you boy a minute receiver wide receiver workshop next year.
Speaker 4: Man, Man, I'm trying to get him work in sooner than that. I'm seeing you some tape over soon.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, send it to me. I listen. I've had a lot of a lot of players. I don't want to say no name because I got in trouble last year. DeVonta Adams sent me some one on one film and I was so excited he got in. He got in trouble. Oh shoot, I was like, why you posing? But man, send me some stuff.
Speaker 4: Man, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: A best of Luke Man, stay healthy. Thank you all right, bro, appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe Roma Doomsay has an incredibly high ceiling for Caleb Williams. ESPN Jeremy Fowler reported Roma Doomsay told me Caleb Williams can literally be the best quarterback in the NFL. O Joe, can you see Caleb making that big.
Speaker 2: Of a jump?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? I can see him making that big of a jump simply because of the person that's calling the plates. I can see him making that kind of jump simply because of the person that's calling the plays. Ben Johnson is phenomenal. If you see what's able to do with Jared Golf right and the tools that Jared Golf had at his disposal, how can I get the best version of Jered Golf? You understand what he has around him and how to put the players in position to their strengths, and you go from there. He can do the same thing with Kayler william because Kayleb Williams has all the tools. We saw the magic at usc y limps of what he can do with the Bears last year. Now he got DJ Moore, You got a Doomsday? You got Comet? Did I say that right?
Speaker 2: Cole Comet?
Speaker 3: You got Comet, Man, They're gonna be all right. He knows what Kayleb was great at He knows his strengths, he understands that, and you just make the play calls. With the creativity that he adds to the offense. That's why Room was able to say what he did about Kayleb being one of the best in the game of to day.
Speaker 1: Packer's offensive coordinator Adam Stenovich was asked last week if he liked Jordan Love to run a little bit more. Absolutely, Stella Bitch said bluntly, I think it's a huge weapon, and Jordan has that ability to make some big plays down the field. We encourage that for sure. Loved ranked thirtieth in quarterback rushing the TEA today. Love said he's going to run more this season. I think every game that there's a couple of options or instances where I could have took off and run.
Speaker 2: You look back and you're like, man, I could have took off and run. Excuse me.
Speaker 1: A little bit is just understanding what the defense is doing, what coverage we're getting, how the d line might be playing some of those games where they start twisting and doing different things, Understanding where holes in the pocket might be and have the opportunity to step up and eskate and then just understanding that maybe sometimes maybe not go back to the checkdown right now, maybe take an extra second to final lane, get out there and create an opportunity with your legs. So I think half and half with the injury and then some understanding of where those times are to take off and use your legs.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 3: I like it, it's cool. But there's a reason why he was thirty in the NFL and rushing on, yeah, was the reason. Have you seen that Effan's receiving core over there reading Hickson watching and hold on, hold on now now, Golden, I mean, man, listen, there's really no reason to run because there's so many viable options when you're throwing the goddamn ball. There's a reason he was thirty in rushing last year. Can't he do it in certain situations? Being add is a dual threat. He can run these not the slowest, you know, slowest quarterback in the league. Yes, he can do it when he needs be. He's a dual threat in the sense, but when you had that kind of weaponry around you, there's no need to have to run, you don't. They gotta goyd by one team an underrated young receiving corps. Right, run for run for what when you got all that?
Speaker 1: But you want to, you know, keep them mind this because you know o ya, I set my defense, but I know you're not gonna run. I'll play certain coverages I want I want every I want you to. I want you to. You have to worry about that. You see what happened when Patrick Mahomes started taking off. Now they couldn't defense it anymore. Now he'll take it. He don't want to run, but I tell you what, he'll jump.
Speaker 2: Through the cra right.
Speaker 1: Just have that ability. Look, we're not asking you to be Lamar. You don't need to be Lamar. You don't need to be josh Allen. You don't need to be Jalen Hurts. But there are times there are times.
Speaker 3: Who just sprinkle it in a little bit, sprinkling it in there that the partially Parson.
Speaker 1: That's that is all you have to do, just enough to have so the defensive coordinators say, hey, we need to close that off. Well, if I'm thinking about closing that off, I'm not just thinking pinning my ears back, thinking about getting to the quarterback, because now I have to rush with a little bit more respect. Yeah, because you want those d livelars because they're respect you.
Speaker 2: They come get you.
Speaker 3: Hey, ears pinned back.
Speaker 1: See, you just can't just you just can't willing they just go back there.
Speaker 2: Oh I better knock Lamar's head off.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, oh oh oh.
Speaker 1: I better tell Josh up. Okay, you mess right and run past him if you want to. And he jump out the wind on you.
Speaker 3: You be mad. You won't catch him to like ten fifteen yards down the field exactly.
Speaker 2: So I think that's a situation. I mean that's what he said.
Speaker 1: He said, Look, I just got to understand the coverage what they're doing. Okay, they twist somebody vacate, and our offensive line do a great job of picking it up and pushing somebody past. There's an escape, hatch, I might as well take it. Yeah, sure it might come open, but let me go and get this easy team right now. We come back to it. Yeah, now, because the coach, you're gonna tell him, Son, you can't do that. You can't get out your lane, you can't get pushed, you can't get washed that far down, you can't get that far up field. Now he's thinking about a whole lot of other things as opposed to just come.
Speaker 2: In and get me right.
Speaker 1: He who hesitators beat time, whether you play offense or defense. As an offensive player, I'm trying to make the defense hesitate. As a defensive player, I'm trying to make the offensive player hesitate. Well, if I can just go out there with no hesitation on Joe.
Speaker 3: Woo right, listen, he'll have those opportunities if I'm not mistaken. They go from open a lot to the opening, they run spread a lot. He's in the gun a lot. Obviously he is under center. If I if I have the statistics or the percentage in which they go from the gun, I think it's more than being under center. I think on third down would be we'll probably be most of the times where he would be able to be a dual threat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, Yes, Yes.
Speaker 3: The first thing he canna do is they gonna play man, unless they want to bless him, They're gonna play man, and everybody gonna have a back turn and you'll be able to use your legs, and that that would be advantageous for him. In adding that arsenal being a dual threat and just running a little bit more.
Speaker 2: And plus they don't expect it. Mm hmm. I mean on third down, thirdy like, I gotta play it, I got I can't. I just can't.
Speaker 1: Arbitrailer willy nilly, because Lamar gonna get that, Josh Allen gonna get that. Tellen HR's gonna get that. They're not looking at Jordan Love as one of those one of those door threat quarterbacks. So he has the element of surprise.
Speaker 3: You know who has it too? Speaking of quarterbacks, that is not even a surprise anymore, especially off of what he did last year. Jamee Dais.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but see Harry O. Joe the Man, Oh Joe the Man wasn't the Heidsman Trophy. You know, he got wheels. He ain't got no.
Speaker 2: Element of surprise. He ain't got an element surprise.
Speaker 1: You trying to make him beat you from the pocket, and then you say, you know what if he beat me from the pocket, Oh Joe, he can run for a hundred yards. I mean it's like, you know, guys like Lamar and guys like Josh Allen, they can run for a hundred yards. Jane Danieus can run for one hundred yards. You just can't just like, oh yeah, he can beat you with his legs.
Speaker 2: The thing is is like.
Speaker 1: When Brady used to have the ball off on thirty one, you clap, I'd rather running back have the ball than Tom Brady. I don't giving damn who the running back is. That's Tom Brady Peyton manning hand the ball off like thank you Jesus. So Jane Daniels with the ball up on his arm, No, I want to I'd rather you throw it right.
Speaker 2: Who gonna tackle it in the open field? O joke? Good luck getting him down? Now?
Speaker 1: Hit them, hit them, broke the line of scrimmage. And you think the first guy to see him gonna get him.
Speaker 3: Down because it's always gonna be someone on the second level and they are not good in open space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the second level. Try to hope I got an anger so I can push him out of bounds. I don't want to be in the middle of field with him. I don't want to be between the numbers with him.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. And he got a two, he got a two way go mm hmm. I'm good, right, I'm good.
Speaker 3: When Whendam Broncos played, That's what I don't want to know when when y'all.
Speaker 2: Play all I know we made the playoff last year? Y'all? Who playoffs?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think if.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't know nothing something, you wouldn't know nothing about.
Speaker 3: Last year made y'all made the playoff last year, Right, but then you end up in the same play You ended up in Cancun with us just a week later.
Speaker 2: Right, we got an extra check. We made more money, y'all.
Speaker 1: Did you know a little playoff check that you know that hey, oh Joe got to keep it for about a month or two.
Speaker 2: The more playoff check they.
Speaker 3: Hit, Yeah, they nice, they nice. So hold on, are you saying are you suggesting? Are you suggesting based off what you saw the small sample side that you saw from my Bengals to night? You really think that the Broncos is gonna be better than us offensively? Oh?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 1: I saw what about you think based off that sample size? I saw your defense, y'all gonna be better defensively?
Speaker 3: I mean, from based on what I saw what I saw tonight, we can put.
Speaker 2: Up forty a game. Huh.
Speaker 3: I think we can put up forty a game based on.
Speaker 2: Give up forty three.
Speaker 1: Let's see how saw you put up I saw Joe Burrow throw for four hundred and lose. I saw it throw for three seventy and lose. I saw you score thirty eight and give up forty one. I saw you give up score thirty four and give up thirty five. So what you're talking about? So what you're saying.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a new year, right you talking about what we did last year?
Speaker 1: You know if it's still say, okay, tell me the improvements that you made defensively. Your best defensive player has yet to get on the field.
Speaker 3: Oh, here'll be there, he'll he'll be he'll be there, he'll be there. But we're gonna be better than y'all. I can tell you. I can listen. I can tell you that right now. And I hope I hope when the Broncos do play, I hope bo Nickson in the offense. I hope they get out there for a full quarter two. I hope they do.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about what we do. See there you go, you worried about us. I'm just I'm listening. I'm just I'm just We're just talking football, that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. All I know is that our defense is better than y'alls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, now I can give that. Now, listen, I can give that. I'm a man, I can be a man. I can be really about myself and living reality. Your defense is better than ours, it is.
Speaker 2: That ain't saying much. That's like saying water wet.
Speaker 3: That's not necessarily, that's not necessary. There's no need to take a shot at my team.
Speaker 2: Like that shot at your team. I just tell the truth.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm saying the Broncos defense is better than the Bengals, Like okay, shan and like, wow, you really went on a limb on that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, but our offense is is twenty times better than yours.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go that far. But your office is better. Yes, your quarterback is better than ours. Your receiver there better than ours offensive line.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You can go either way. Yeah yeah, but do we.
Speaker 1: Play Ballace is out and that's why the game was so close last year because it balances out because our defense.
Speaker 2: And that was a rookie. Bo Nick's not gonna make those mistakes that he made last year.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, we don't play all this year? I'm assuming right.
Speaker 2: No, I think we do again. I think so mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. You want to put someone in that game or.
Speaker 1: Know until you put fifty in our hundred in my pocket. I don't want to bet you no more. As a matter of fact, I'm about to stop talking to you. I covered real clothes, hey, battles, that'll say, my daddy covering real clothes.
Speaker 2: Out to talk with you? Ojoy?
Speaker 3: Hell no, how about it in the week a week honestly, matter of fact, we can make it really interesting. We can really make it really interesting. Is you can put the dog on the line. Yeah, put the dog on the If you that confident in your Broncos and as confident as I am in my Bengals, I guarante you we go further in this season. Season at that then y'all do matter. Y'all might not even make it. And if if you if, if the Broncos lose, you got to give me thanos for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, you're going too much?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna? You can travel with me? You can travel with me. I got a bag and you fit right in.
Speaker 1: No, he said, he don't want to travel. My man, my man, hey, my man, fading fast on me?
Speaker 3: Oh yo?
Speaker 2: After what up?
Speaker 3: Twin?
Speaker 2: I know? Okay, hey, let me go, let me go. Put in the bed. All right, take it over, you got it.
Speaker 3: Holdo on, Hey, I'm gonna get a chat one of my spir my spoken words stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh Lord, have mercy.