Speaker 1: Talking about a territory. Ladies and gentlemen, good morning. Yeah man. I was thinking at one point this is not worth staying up for. Holy cow, this is a miserable game here tonight. But they found a way to pull out this win. Monasterio playing the hero tonight. The bullpen absolutely solid here tonight. Man oh man. The Red Sox they scrapped in clawed this entire game. But they found a way to pull this one out. Like I said, I'm thinking, I'm like, oh my goodness, please find a way to win this one. This is gonna be a late stream here tonight. I am so tired. I am so ready to go to sleep. We're gonna do this very very quickly here tonight. I am not gonna take my time with this one tonight. I am ready to go to bed. I am ready to go to bed. We got a super chat here, mister Poe twenty two. I'll get to you in just a second. But Red Sox finding a way to win here tonight. Final score four to two. Record improves to fifty six and fifty one. The offense did struggle for the most part here tonight. I mean, obviously good things here tonight. That eventually led to a win. But this was a scrappy one here tonight in a ballpark here in Sacramento, where you feel like you're gonna be getting a ton of runs on the board, balls are gonna be flying over the place. I mean, we actually had quite a few long balls here tonight, so we definitely saw it. But man, oh man, I've been expecting a bit more offense in this series. But anyway, here we are. But like I said, Jacob Lopez, this guy was looking great for the Red Sox at one point, or for the A's at one point. I am so tired. Jacob Lopez does not picture the Red Sox, but Jamai Jones coming through with the home run here tonight. So garb with a good Night came through an RBI bass hit, ties it up in the six. Durbin with a good night had a few hits. Monasterio playing the hero here tonight in extra innings. Patrick Sandoval not a bad night for him overall, but just once again, you know, high pitch counts, not really able to put guys away. He gave up a couple of homers. Not a bad night, but you know, not amazing for Sandoval, just not amazing command, just not able to put batters away. But in the end, this bullpen was fantastic. Tyrone Guerrera for the sixth Slayton had to work around a bad umpire call. We'll get to that in just a little bit, but he had a big strikeout to end the seventh there whitlocked. For the eighth Chapman, it got a little dicey. It got a little dicey in the ninth inning, but Chapman was able to lock it down. That's where I'm thinking, Man, the A's why they're gonna walk it off here against against Chapman, aren't they. But hey, anytime Chapman feels like one might slip away, this guy just holy cow, he locks in. Really is reminding me of Craig call at twenty eighteen. A little bit big Shaban able to lock it down. This guy was nasty and Greg Weisert, Greg Weisert with the save. Man, oh man, they had to save Weiser. They had to hold off on him as long as possible, but he got the save. First save of the season for Greg Weiser. You gotta love it. Great night for the bullpen. We'll go over it here tonight. Everybody, if you can, all I ask hit that like button for me. And if you are just finding us for the first time, think about subscribing down below. Now, Like I said, I know we have a couple of supershats. We will get to those in just a little bit. But let's get to this one, shall we. Let's get to this one. Let's start off with Patrick Sandoval. And you know, like I said, it wasn't an amazing outing, but it was okay. It was okay. Obviously he did enough here to help the Red Sox get the win. But with Patrick Sandoval mostly sliders here today, just felt like he didn't have a great command on it overall. Just felt like he was trying to find it all night, just couldn't really get to it. He mixed in four seemers, sinkers, change ups. He had a lot of swing and miss though thirty nine percent with rate just not in the zone very much again going deep intoccounts. Gave up a couple of home runs Jonaheim in the second inning, Jonahi Man, this guy's just waking up as of late. Lawrence Butler in the fifth inning, went yard. Lawrence Butler almost he almost had himself a walk off home run here tonight. Oh col Lawrence Butler looking like that guy he was so good a couple of years ago. He's fallen off a little bit over the last couple of years, but he looked great here tonight. Other than that, not really much else against Sandoval. A couple of walks, a couple of hits. Again having trouble with the command, but found a way to get through five got the job done, got the job done, and the offense again, it was a scrappy night for the offense. They couldn't do anything against Jacob Lopez. I mean, holy cow, Jacob Loba. It's like a couple of nights now, a few nights in a row where it's like, man, these bats just can't seem to get things going. First few winnings, I mean they had a couple of walks, a couple of bass hits, but nothing else. Fourth inning, Durban Monasteria with bass hits, but then Romi pops out, so garb with a bass hit, but then Wong grinding into a double play. Can't help. But one I know long he had a long dog last night, but I don't know. The closer we get to the deadline, the more you wonder. I don't know, are they gonna do something about Catcher. Fifth inning, Red Sox are down one nothing at this point, but here comes mister Jami Jones, Red Sox killer.
Speaker 2: He's off on one the left, Jamai back to the wall and it is gone for Jamai Jones. We're tied in the fifth right on Q. How's that for timing, Jamai Webster, how do you like me?
Speaker 1: Now? So listen whatever they're saying, he's saying that it's worked with the staff and its teammates that allowed him. Jami Jones, Man, I mean, is it's just so eerie how much he reminds me of Rob Refsneiner. I mean, you know, going up against the lefties. Goodness gracious. I mean, these guys just hacked from the right side against lefties. Man, Jami Jones getting dfayed by the Tigers. But when that signing happened, I was one of the I feel like one of the few people out there to say, uh, there is nothing wrong with this move. It is a low risk, high reward kind of a move that there was no risk with this move. A guy that always hit well against the Red Sox always hit well again at Family Park, coming through here again tonight, fourth horm under the year, tied it up at one. Sixth inning. The A's did take the lead in the top half two to one, but then Durbin, coming through the second base hit Romi then flies out to right, Durbin able to tag up to second. The A's bringing Righty hayden yinger. But here comes Nick Sogard, who had himself a very good night. What does it mean, Oh, we got a spa. Of course. Every time I go to play the clips, it's always very good about not playing the sponsors. Sometimes we get one, though, hold on, let me get through this here and here comes Soguard.
Speaker 2: Two two Soguard on the line to center. Pultake coming on, has to play it on a hunk. Nick Sogard ties this game in the sixth.
Speaker 1: So guard having himself a very good night here tonight. He went two for five, drove in the run right there, did have a couple of strikeouts. But I've always been a big fan of Soguard. I feel like a guy that just comes in, plays the game hard. Seems like a good guy in the clubhouse, good vibes guy. Mister Nick Sogard able to come through tyme the game. There. Seventh inning relief picture. Elvis Alvarado coming in is a big guy, big guy coming in. He's got he had some heat upper nineties fastballs, but said he coming through with his twenty six double on the year, closing in on thirty doubles for the year. Wilson draws a walk. Well, actually sorry, Elvis Savarado. He came in after the Wilson walk, but then Durbin drawing a walk. Unfortunately, Romy not a great night for Romy. He grinded out the first eighth inning. You had a little bit more of a chance going on here, Monasterio getting hit by a pitch Alvarado with so guard up barked, so Monasterio ended up moving over to second base. So guards striking out though Nervaias striking out. Here comes the lefty Brady basso in and then Duran gronding at the first base. So you've had chances here in the last couple ninth inning SETI will you're striking out, but then Wilson and Durbin with bass hits. Caleb Durbin here tonight he went three for four. Man oh Man Caleb Durban. Guy's an absolute machine. But then Romey grounding out Man oh Man. Within the tenth inning, lefty reliever Jose Suarez coming in, ghost runner at second base. Don't forget but Angel Monasterio, he decided he wanted to go home. Two out him Ona Stereo.
Speaker 2: God, it hits it well, left build back to the wall, June.
Speaker 3: We're playing for multiple runs, Mohona Stereo. How about it? Last that bat got domed. He comes up here and you got button.
Speaker 1: You're on the row.
Speaker 3: A little different strategy, a different field right from Chad Tracy.
Speaker 1: Absolute shot from a Monasterio hundred two miles an hour off the bat fourage of twenty eight feet looked like it hit it over the freaking Pacific Ocean. For crying out loud, Mike Monico. Of a great call there, Man oh Man. Love him in the booth. He's awesome And that was all the Red Sox needed offensively here tonight. They take a four to two lead there, Greg Weissert, Well again, let's recap this bullpen. Great night for the bullpen. Guerrero solid for the six striking out. Cortes hungred one point seven miles an hour right down the middle, gotten him swinging Tyrone Guerrero man. He is low key, been a I don't know do you even want to say low key. He's been a big part of this bullpen, big part of this bullpen. Slayton. Let's talk about the seventh th inning with Slayton Wilson, Jacob Wilson. He gets on after a Monasterio error as short McNeil with base hit. Wilson ends up moving. Jacob Wilson sorry, ends up moving over to third. Mcsteele. McNeil steals second. I'm hanging by a thread here, ladies and gentlemen. It is almost bedtime. Tommy White, he comes up. He gets him O two, so got a good count, throws a sweeper away first base ump. Nate Tomlinson said, he checked his swing. Nate Tomlinson, we got to get the eyes checked a little bit, my friend. But as absolutely the bat went through the zone. I don't know what kind of a call that was. Lou Malone. He couldn't believe it, but then he struck him out two pictures later on a sinker down an end. Slayton was fired up about it. Whitlocke was solid for the eighth. He struck out Carlos Cortes on a sinker looking Chapman, he got dicey here, Chatman, He's been dicey as of late. Man. Butler deep drive Opo Taco to left center. I thought it was gone off the bat. I thought, all right, here we go, start setting up for the game. But no, I stayed in the yard. Butler thought it was gone too. He was watching it, and then he's like, oh, okay, wait, I gotta run. Ends up getting just by Duran off the wall. Wall with a sack bunt moves him over to third. So the Ages are still in a great position. But Chatman, locking in, strikes out Wilson on a nasty splitter, struck out McNeil ninety nine mile an hour fastball up and in. Chatman stood there like he does when he strikes guys out. Man, oh Man, Chatman, I mean, listen, he can get himself under these situations. But he's got that overpowering stuff. And here comes the greatest closer of all time. Greg Weiser strikes out White on a sinker down soda straw and exchange up, down and away, gets Jonahan to fly out. Red Sox win final score four to two twelve hits of the Red Sox here tonight. A couple of errors again the offense. They were laboring here tonight, and they were and they were klawned. They were trying to figure this out. I mean, Sandoval was laboring here tonight. Man, man, just a tough night. It was a tough win, a tough win. You know. Sure the A's they're at where they're at. But they got a lot of scrappy guys here. They got a lot of ball players here, the Red Sox. They dug in, they got the job done, and it was a tough, hard earned win on the road. Let's get to it here Game four tomorrow before they go off to face the Dodgers. Sonny Gray going for Game four here tomorrow, going up against the team that drafted him back in twenty eleven. Remember he was the eighteenth pick overall in that draft by the Oakland Athletics at the time out of Vanderbilt, going up against this old organization, no longer in Oakland, no longer in Oakland. But Sonny Gray coming off a tough performance in his last outing that was i'd say easily is worst outing since. Oh I'm sorry, I gotta say it again since Minnesota, Man, oh man, you give it five earned on ten hits. The Blue Jays, they just had his number. Hopefully he's We're gonna hopefully get Sonny Gray bounce back performance. Just felt like last time out the command wasn't there, felt like the breaking stuff wasn't as sharp as it's been. I don't know, because didn't see. He said he felt good in the outing, But it's just kind of weird, you know. It's like he said he felt good. I'm gonna trust Sonny Gray. If he says he feels good, then I trust the guy, right. But obviously something just wasn't there. So hopefully he figures it out here. But despite that bad outing, he's had a great year. He all RD at two point seven eight, fit at a three point seven zero, right around a full run higher, but still very solid overall, Sonny Gray hoping for a bounce back performance going up against Mason Barnett. He is good, well, at least as of right now, that's what it's projected to be. But I imagine this is more of an opener kind of a thing because he hasn't gone very deep. I mean, the longest he's gone this year is four innings in a relief appearance, so this is his first start of the year. But I mean, not really a whole lot going on here with Mason Barnett. I mean, as you can see, I mean, we don't have one thing red on the screen. So can the Red Sox please not do what they did against Jacob Lopez here tonight. He didn't have good numbers at all coming into this one, but he was able to get the job done. Let's have an easy going here tomorrow. Let's get some momentum going into the Dodgers series. We've got the Dodgers coming up taking a look here, So we got another late one. Unfortunately, we got some late ones this coming week again, got the Dodgers at ten ten Eastern time Friday night, nine ten Eastern time Saturday night, and then seven twenty Eastern time Sunday night. So I will actually say this every year, every year I've had a trade deadline eve scream. I usually do that on the main channel, on my main channel, But because we have to do the post game, we're probably gonna end up doing that here. We're gonna be kind of doing a nice little preview of the trade deadline we'll be live all day on Monday, but again the night before I like to kind of hop on and I like to talk about all the possibilities. So, uh, Sunday night, make sure you're here. Make sure you're here, Josh in the chat. What's the main channel, I'll drop it down to the comments for you. It's just our hide. Well, yeah, there you go. You can see me in the chat right there. So but yeah, over on my main channel, we're always live for the trade deadline. We're live all day usually eight to nine hours. So very excited about it. But yeah, we'll be previewing the trade deadline Sunday night. Again, we'll do the post game, but then we'll do a trade deadline preview after that. So but that should be fun. You got the Dodger series coming up, and you know, this is like I like the timing of this Dodger series coming up because it's going into the deadline. So it's kind of like, all right, let's see what we got against the top team of Major League Baseball. I don't know why I love the timing of that, right, I love the timing. But we'll see what happens here tomorrow. The Red Sox going trying to avoid the series split. Back to the chat here, we had a couple of super chats. Let's see what we get. Just the Poe well, the love of God, stop playing Duran and Romy their automatic outs. Get these sorry, Mofo's family friendly show off my baseball team. Jared Duran. It's rough, man, It's rough, and you can just see it. I am very curious what kind of moves Craig is is capable of making, especially like does he do something with left you know, you look at it here with Romy and I mean, listen, Romy, he just has to get more abs, right. I mean he came back halfway through. I'm not giving him an excuse, but you kind of wonder should he really, you know, be starting games at this point. You know, I don't know if it's the right spot, not sure, but he's obviously having a tough time with the bat right now. It is what it is. Hopefully they can add one more bat at this deadline. But I'm very curious what happens with Duran. I mean, do I see him getting traded? The only way I could see Duran getting traded is if it's like part of a package kind of a thing. And really, the what is giving Duran any sort of a surplus right now is the years of control that he has. He's having a just an awful year. Yeah, he gives you a couple of tools, right, a little bit of pop, he gives you the speed, obviously, but just overall this year he's lost at the plate. You kind of wonder if maybe he could be included in some kind of a package, if there was like a big trade to be made, or if they just bring in someone to play left. We've mentioned the possibility of, you know, could you maybe make some kind of a deal for say Tyler soda Strom, right, someone that can play left. I don't know, someone that can play left with a little bit of versatility possibly you know, maybe you know, play another I don't know. But you just wonder because the Rand basically feels like a black hole, like he'll give you a good game here and there, but I don't know, I don't know. It's tough, it's tough. It's gonna be interesting. What have we got? What have we got? Paul thoughts on getting another high leverage bullpen arm to try and shorten the games, especially with the young guys reaching innings limits. Paul. I think it's a great thought. I think it's a fantastic thought. Listen to the bullpen. They did a great job here tonight, did a great job. But hey, no Kurts in this lineup, right, So you know, I don't know would this have gone the same way? Hard to say, but obviously I've been saying it for a while. Well on one second, pulling up the box score here, I have been saying it for a while, and I think they really need to add someone else to the back end of this bullpen. Now, chatman, you know, he he he gives you. He makes you sweat, you know, he gives you that heart attack feeling like, oh man, are we about to blow this game? And then he just locks in you also, But like I would love to add another guy, another high leverage guy, to just take some pressure off right there, you know, man, I mean, I don't think it's gonna happen, But like, if I'm playing good old MVP Baseball two thousand and five and I had a shot to go get Mason Miller, I'm probably adding Mason Miller on my baseball team. But you know, I think if you can lay in and a lefty high leverage reliever right, someone to kind of pair with Whitlock for the setup role. That would be awesome, in my opinion, would be fantastic. I think that's a very underrated thing for the Red Sox. We're all focused on adding a bat. I think another solid option for the back end of the bullpen would go a very long way. So I completely agree. Again, you're gonna have guys Adri Morhan out there, maybe the Mets. I mean, I don't think it necessarily has to be a lefty. If someone like Luke Weaver were attainable, I'd be open to that. That'd be cool. I don't know. Could I see Craig going after like a Huasker braz A Bond, someone that you'd have under control for quite a while. I mean, this guy, he's got tons of e low. He doesn't get a lot of swing and miss though, but he limits hard content. I wonder if Craig would be interested in Braza Bond. There's a there's a lot of good qualities there. But yeah, bullpen option I think would go a long way. We will see what he does. Uh. Moving on here, Stephen Craig, what's going on? Like the pitch clock. Just make Duran and nervus automatic outs to speak things up. Oh man, diabolical, ugh Man, I really hope Duran figure this out. Man, I can't. I couldn't even imagine under a six hundred ops, under a two hundred batting average. You know, you just wonder we're all thinking about a bat. Also, we got some news about Curtis Meat. We got some news about curt Speaking of bats, we got a report here today from Chris Catillo. Looks like it's gonna be a timeline of six to eight weeks, which means, ladies and gentlemen, we'll see him in twenty twenty eighth. Please just come back in time. If it's six to eight weeks, Please come back in six to eight weeks. Don't give me this thing where oh I might just probably miss a start and then you never see him again. Roman, It's probably not that bad. Probably, uh be back when the you know, the fifteen days is up. Never see him again. He's in Fort Myers, h Curtis Mead, Please come back in six to eight weeks. Don't disappear forever. We need you. But like we've talked about, Curtis Mead, Yeah, that was a great addition. Obviously that was one of the most unlucky things I've ever seen in my life. But you know, there was absolutely still an argument to go after another bat Well, now that still makes sense. I feel like you're hearing a whole bunch of different things out there. We've talked about Otto Lopez, you know, guys like that, obviously, you know the usual suspects, Zach Netto, c J Abrams. How realistic are those guys gonna be? I don't know. You have some other teams that are popping up for Netto, especially the Rays popped up yesterday. I believe the Phillies popped up for him. That's interesting. I would imagine if they brought him in, the fit would be third base. I don't know, because you have Trey Turner and then you have Bryce and Stott up the middle. So I don't know how that works. But yeah, you got the usual suspects, and then there's gonna be a lot of like nonsense out there on social media. Gonna have these accounts that are gonna post stuff, you know, saying oh I'm hearing this, I'm hearing this. Be very weary of those accounts, right, always pay attention to the big reporters, right, you know, but there has been people kind of like mentioning this like idea of maybe Lindor you know, I don't know, I don't I don't know about that. I find that probably unrealistic. But like I've said, never say never, if you were to think about a possible Lindor trade, it could make sense. You know. It might sound ridiculous because he's obviously had the bad year and he's had the calf injury, but he has been hitting better lately. He has started to heat up, and if you think about it from like a logistics point of view, lining up on a trade, you know, could you send back say Trevor Story, who feels like he's kind of lost his spot on this team a little bit. You know, obviously he's coming back, and yeah, they'll they'll put him back a short but like you feel like they've kind of, you know, with what they've done over the last month without him, kind of wonder like, I don't know, like would they Could you see a scenario where they send him back in like a deal the Mets, you know, we take on the Lindor contract the Mets, they take care of the one year left with story and then like it's like trading a like Lindor's contract is underwater, but Lindor's popped up and you know, as a possible trade candidate. So I don't know, like, could you maybe line up on something there or even if not, well, I would imagine that you'd probably send back story in that scenario, maybe make it like a big old thing where you kind of swap those contracts and then other prospects or whatever get involved. Money. I don't know. I don't know. I don't think it's realistic. It's been floating around out there. I could maybe see the logic behind it.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I would say though, Lindor would be interesting because he would absolutely solve the leadoff spot. I mean, obviously Lindor with the track worker that he has, he's one of the best players in baseball. You kind of wondered what would happen with Arius at that point. You know, Lindor would be your your shortstop for the foreseeable future, and then I guess Arius would just play second. So I don't know you could make it work. I'm not advocating Lindor. I'm just I just what my point bringing him up. Is. I just feel like they're probably open to anything and everything. I am ready for whatever is to come here on Monday. I am ready for it because I I just got this gut feeling that something, something could really happen. You know, there's noise, there's noise out there. Yeah, Brent Bell, Yeah, you have to look out, you know, look out for that aspect of it too, you know, looking at the contract right again, I'm more so just uh, I'm more so not necessarily talking about Lindor. I'm more so bringing him up just to make my point that they could be casting a wide net, you know, like I think Craig is going to be open to any possibility to try and help the team get better. We'll see, we'll see. Also before I do get out of here, ladies and gentlemen, uh oh, we got a super chat a sir and fish do ninty nine, Lindor to Boston, Arius for Jordon Avaaz Oh man, give me Jordan Avarez and I'd be a happy boy. I'd be a happy boy. That would be amazing. Yourd on is the dream, David Ortiz two point zero would be awesome, you know, Lindor to Boston listen. I'm not gonna get mad about it. You're definitely gonna get if that actually did happen. I don't want to, like you know, I'm not gonna sit here and say that that's a possibility. I will tell you all, I have had a birdie talking to me a little bit. Have had a birdie. I'll give you a little bit of information. I have been told that Ironsen is getting looks out there. There are eyes on Ironson doesn't mean anything. There's scouts all over the place. This is the time of year, so you're gonna have scouts all over the place scouting a whole bunch of players. But I was told that by someone that I trust. Anthony Ironsen is getting looks. Keep that in mind. But before I do get out of here, ladies and gentlemen, I'm gonna give a little bit of a teaser. Make sure you pay attention for tomorrow. We got a fun episode coming up tomorrow. I'm not gonna say what exactly, but uh, I think maybe I could show you a little bit. Stay tuned for tomorrow, everybody. If you kind of the way out, hit the like button, subscribe if you're new. I'm seeing tomorrow night,