Speaker 1: The biggest thing is obviously making sure guys are healthy at the right time of year, and as Katie just went through, we're getting some really key pieces back at the right time. Hello everybody, and welcome to a brand new live episode of Dodgers Territory. I am live from Philadelphia, Katie Wu is live from Philadelphia, and Clint is live in California doing all the things that he always does, putting this great show together. It is All Star break. That is why Katie and I are here. Happy that you guys are with us. Get your thoughts in the chat and we appreciate your conversations and your stuff.
Speaker 2: All Right, first half of the season, it's a wrap, kids.
Speaker 1: Katie, what is your I guess your assessment of the first half of the Dodgers season as we head into this All Star break.
Speaker 3: We just forget about the last week. Great and that's gonna happen, right, that's gonna have. But every team has highs and lows. We know all the cliches. But I think for the Dodgers, I mean they finished with the best record in baseball. They did so with out essentially an entire first half of Blake Snell, Tyler Glassnow and Edwin Diaz. They got a chance to test out their depth. Turns out that's pretty good too. Yeah, they had about a couple of clunkers to end out the season. He'd ever, you know, more step for the first time by the d Backs to close out the first half. But all in all, it's not what we expected, right, Yeah, this is.
Speaker 4: This is what you expect that of the Dodgers, you know, and this is now three years running where they kind of limp into the All Star Game, into the All Star break, they play like crap, I don't know where I'm sitting. That means that that bodes well for October and for you know, hoisting a trophy. But listen, nobody wants to talk about how this this the you know, first half of the season ended. There a lota We want to talk about the good stuff. I think our powers made Justin Robleski an All Star because that has happened between our shows ALTA. When you think about Robo the Shark, friend of the Show being added to the All Star Rust, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for him and it was well earned. I hate that it was kind of like via the back door, if you will, and obviously if you talked to Zach Wheeler, he's a little irritated.
Speaker 2: About being named to the All Star Game.
Speaker 1: But you know, a couple of things had to happen for Justin Rableski to be added. But you know what, all's well, that ends well. Robo is an All Star this season. What he's been able to do for this team. I also think it helps that Dave Roberts is the manager of the National League and knows what that guy can do. He sees him go out there every fifth, sixth days. So I'm happy for him, I'm proud of him. Is well earned, and the thing I want for Robo is to just kind of soak it all in, right. I mean, this is a guy that nobody even gave any sort of credit or credence to coming into the season. You know, it doesn't strike guys out, blah blah blah. We discussed it at length when he was on the show. We were like, is he a bullpen guy? Is he a starter? Or what is this guy going to do for this club? And he's been one of the most consistent starters. You see the numbers there, guys ten and two on the year, A two, six nine ERA and over one hundred inks pitch and that's what I love so much about him. He just goes out there and he shoves. He gives the team length, He gives him an opportunity to win, and I hope that he enjoys this opportunity and kind of picks the brains of everybody in the National League that he wants to learn from.
Speaker 2: And it's awesome.
Speaker 1: And also Kudo's and a hat tip as well to Christopher Sanchez who gets the start for the National League. Dave Roberts given him that call certainly well deserved too. But yeah, Robo, he's an All Star.
Speaker 4: Hey, now you're an All Star, Katie thought. I mean you were there, you were around him as he got the nod. I guess technically not he was on the golf courses he got the phone call, but yeah, how was he, you know, in terms of his excitement and you know, the honor for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he actually missed that first call because he was on the golf course.
Speaker 5: So we know it was very you know, I get it. Priorities.
Speaker 3: I think Robo did all the right things when the rosters were first released and then the initial subs were the replacements were named, where he said, hey, you know, like this would have been great, you know, would have been an honor, but I'm okay.
Speaker 5: And then we talked to him on Saturday.
Speaker 3: He goes, yeah, I was upset, and we were like, you know what, yeah, we know, we know you were upset.
Speaker 5: You deserve to be an All Star.
Speaker 3: I mean, we saw the status up there with a lota just now up in the top ten in multiple categories for the National League, and it's well deserved, because sometimes I think the Dodgers get a little Dodger fatigued, right when you look at all thirty teams. I understand other fan bases might be like more Dodgers, seriously, but I don't think like Justin Rabuski should be punished for that because he put together an all Star caliber first half. As we've seen, we think about his importance to the Dodgers club in the first half, you can argue, outside of the big stars that we talk about every day, he's one of the more underrated and important guys on this roster, just based on what he's done for this rotation. So to see him get rewarded not just in that clubhouse, but from a national scale. He'd been here in Philadelphia with the rest of the guys taking it all in. It's well well deserved for Justin Rabuski, who's having a breakout season and continues to show why he's so importan, and not just for the future of the Dodgers, but right now too.
Speaker 1: You know another thing too, Katie mentioning the fan base that there might be some Dodgers fatigue. I tell you what, the fan base, every fan base wanted to see sho hey Otani, and that really bums me out that he's not here, and he's not here because he was supposed to get his knee drained on Sunday. Of course, he's still dealing with some inflammation in the knee. We knew he wasn't going to pitch, but he was going to serve as a dh for the National League.
Speaker 2: And he is so well beloved around the world that.
Speaker 1: I kind of feel like that's a reason that Murataki Murakama, I can't even say that name correctly. I apologize got added so quickly to the home run derby right because the Japanese contingent is so big observedly so, but Shohy was like leading the pack in terms of that, So he's not going to be here. He's not participating, which is a bummer obviously, But I guess more of the question is Katie, is he going to be good to go? I mean, is this going to be enough of arrest for him to be ready for the second half of the season when this All Star break is over?
Speaker 3: They think so, he thinks so. So when now we just wait and see. He was supposed to get his knee drained after Sunday's game, a couple of days of rest and recovery, possibly an injection that we haven't confirmed that, and we'll just see. Because technically, the Dodgers can restructure the rotation with four days off where show Hay can pitch at the end, right, he can be that sixth guy to go if he's going to be in the rotation. We have a couple of off days too, in that ten day, nine games, ten day section that we have coming out of the break, So the Dodgers can be strategic with how they use Otani as a pitcher. If they want to buy him more days again, they can pitch him later in the series.
Speaker 5: They can move him back if they need to.
Speaker 3: But I think the big thing for show Hay is figuring out how to make sure this doesn't keep happening. And when we talked to him Saturday after the game, he said, you know, I feel the knee pain more when I pitch rather than I hit. And I asked him, is it because of how you're planting, how you're finishing pitches?
Speaker 5: And he said, it's hard to tell, but that might be it.
Speaker 3: Probably, So he's going to have to make some mechanical changes to ensure that the impact on that knee is no longer going to be to the extent that it is.
Speaker 5: We talk about this all year long. Guys.
Speaker 3: It's true the Dodgers need show Hey Otani in October. So if that means he's resting in July, as much as we want to see him in the All Star Game, it sucks.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 3: He's obviously the biggest space that you're gonna see and you're gonna want in events like this.
Speaker 5: But the Dodgers need him for October, so this is the smart play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need him for October. I don't need to see him try to pursue a Cy Young Award finish or whatever I mean at this point we're not going to get there. That's that's a ship that has sailed with how good Misowski has been and all that kind of stuff. But yeah, bubble wrap the dude. I don't care if you miss a couple of starts. Obviously he remains in the lineup.
Speaker 6: As a hitter.
Speaker 4: You need to have that slug in the lineup. But protect show Hey at all costs and have him ready to be one of the first three dudes to pick up a baseball in a starting capacity for the Dodgers in October. You got to have him around. More good news on the injury front. We had some good Blake Snell progress. We had some great Edwin Diaz progress who went out there and pitched a game for the Ontario Tower Buzzers down the road for me. Keyky Hernandez said, hey, boys, I'm gonna be back like after you guys are finished with your East Coast run. Katie tell us a little bit more about the Blake Snell situation. It seems all signs are great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's just do an injury rundown.
Speaker 3: We'll start with Blake Snell, who will schedule to start a rehab assignment around this time next week. Which is all things considered a huge deal, especially because we just didn't know what that recovery was going to look like. Yes, he had the same surgery by definitions T school, but we've said this, I think Schooble said it.
Speaker 5: Blake has said it as well.
Speaker 3: It's you can't compare the two surgeries because two different people, two different recoveries.
Speaker 5: So we knew he was going to.
Speaker 3: Come back as early as Google did. However, with Blake, I think this is such a benefit because when he first went down with this injury, like, is this gonna be Is he gonna be back by September?
Speaker 5: We just don't know. It's already May.
Speaker 3: What's the recovery process look like if you're gonna lose his season? But now the Dodgers look like they're gonna get him back right around August, which lines up right with everyone's favorite phrase, just like making a trade at the deadline.
Speaker 5: It's not. But this is a huge first step.
Speaker 3: So Bake Snell scheduled to start a rehab shortly after the All Star break. Edwin Diaz made his first rehabit appearance, as you said, Clint, with Class A Ontario eleven pitches eight for strikes two punches perfect, so he'll make a couple more. Again, we talked about this because he's a closer, he doesn't need to make multiple innings, so it's all about one inning stance.
Speaker 5: Can he pitch well? Can he recover?
Speaker 3: That's the key thing, and hopefully the Dodgers get him back shortly after the All Star break. Tyler glassnow threw a bullpen on Friday at Dodgers Stadium. Was around maybe fifteen pitches fastballs only, but an important first step. That's the one to me where the Dodgers can't afford another setback with him, because if he's shut down again, we look at the calendar, it's already midgell. That ramp up period can take six weeks or so, so then you run out a runway. So for Tyler Glass now, it's important that he is just working consistently, not trying to rush back. So he might he's going to be a little longer, maybe mid August, and then Keigy Hernandez got to be back for the homestand so four key players making the returns for the Dodgers huge.
Speaker 2: Right after his bobblehead day.
Speaker 1: It was so funny too, because I was looking at Keyk's bobblehead day with his family and obviously Penelope throwing out the first pitch, and then I saw the baby. I saw Santi sitting on the ground next to that bobblehead. I'm like, why is Santi the size of the b I was so confused. I was like, is this a perspective thing? And then I realized the bobblehead was like gigantic, So anyway, it'll be good.
Speaker 2: It'll be good to get those guys back.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Kik is such a huge just a jolt of lightning into the offense, and obviously, as the calendar turns closer to October, it's important to get him back as well. All right, guys, much more to come on this brand new episode of Dodgers' Territory, the All Star Game Break. But first, a word from our friends at Foul.
Speaker 7: Many people have this problem. I want to eat healthy. I have the willpower, I don't have the time and the organization. I need help. What do you do?
Speaker 6: I mean you go to factor. I got two boys that are looking for the gains and they always come in the house, which is I'm looking for food. Now they have actual healthy food that is great for them and you know what, it's ready in the fridge for them to pop in and make it right away.
Speaker 7: And they have meals built around your goals. It could be weight loss, overall, nutrition gains, more protein, fresh never frozen, over one hundred rotating weekly meals, including globally inspired flavors like Mediterranean and Asian. I get all kinds of different salads from Factor that I love quick easy. They can be ready in two minutes. Head to Factor meals dot com. Slash foul fifty off and use code foul fifty o FF to get fifty percent off and free daily greens per with new subscription only while supplies last until nine twenty seven, twenty six.
Speaker 4: Guys, want to remind you subscribe to the channel, because we haven't said that to you yet. I should probably push the button subscribe to the channel. Trying to get to twenty thousand subscribers. We would appreciate it if you would help us get there. We're not too far. It feels like we're super far because we talked about it so much, but we know a bunch of you guys watch who aren't subscribed. It's free to subscribe. It helps us out. It helps everything out moving on. We have played well, they've already played the first half of the season, because eighty one games is a long time ago. But now the unofficial official first half of the season is over. The Dodgers out the best record in baseball. Dodgers have scored a bunch of runs. I think they've allowed the fewest runs in baseball. They got eleven a half game lead in the NL West. Alana, what are your blankets thoughts on the first half of the season. Doesn't need to be grandiose, something simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the blanket thought is they're doing exactly what they need to do. I mean, they're doing exactly what the Dodgers need to do. At this point, you're checking off the boxes. Right. It's already leading the division by a wide margin. I mean, you could just be leading the division by one game. That's all you want to do is win at the end of the season, and they're doing that with a pretty pretty hefty lead in the NL West.
Speaker 2: So that's you know, that's a check.
Speaker 1: The biggest thing is obviously making sure guys are healthy and at the right time of year, and as Katie just went through, we're getting some really key pieces back at the right time obviously to continue to push this forward. And the next goal is obviously to get a buye right to not have to go in as a wildcard, and they'll do that in home field advantage and all of the things throughout the postseason.
Speaker 2: So my blanket statement is good job.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're doing exactly what you're expected to do with the roster that you have and the experience that you have coming into this season to try to make it a three p And you know, my only concern is where are we going to be And we can talk about that going into the second half in a little bit. But yeah, he a minus just because I mean, we can't give them you know, it can't be a plus. That would just be too unrealistic and not objective at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you survived the first half. I wouldn't say survived it exceptionally healthy. But as we talked about, as you just mentioned and as Katie mentioned before, like trending in the right direction with everybody on health, you'd probably like to see some better updates on the Will Smith factor. But we will hopefully eventually get there as the calendar gets into August. Katie what about your thoughts first half of a season covering this team? You know what's the good, what's the bad in your opinion from the first half.
Speaker 3: So when I took this job, I was told to be prepared to be bored, and I was like, what do you mean.
Speaker 5: This is like a team flu superstars. I'm not going to be bored.
Speaker 3: And I get what people are saying because they win so often, and then whether you have what seems like a dire injury or a big something that could be potentially disastrous for the season, they just have next man up mentality and someone steps up and everything is fine.
Speaker 5: They continue to win.
Speaker 3: So yes, it's boring in a great way if you're covering the Dodgers, because any time there's potentially a big story, they fix it. And that, to me is the key to their first half was just your ear as good as your death is right, and the Dodgers unfortunately had to rely on their depth a lot, especially on the pitching side, but it gave us a breakout star like Justin Rabuski Edgardo Enriquez might be my underrated pick for the bullpen of the first half. That stuff has always been nasty, but the command is there. He's become a true weapon on the right side for Dave Roberts and his staff. You look at guys and that was something that was important yet to step up with Edwin Diaz being injured so early in the season. Same with Tanner Scott. We're seeing the Tanner Scott that the Dodgers ideally would have had last year. So when there were key injuries to guys that the Dodgers thought they were really going to need to rely on, their depth stepped up. I know Dalton Rushing has been a lot to talk about, but if you're looking just at his play and what he's been able to do as a backup catcher, Yeah, that the offense is tapered off a little bit, but overall, he's finishing the first half with ten homers and ops over eight hundred, and he's learning to navigate and pitch call one of the most accomplished staffs in baseball. That's a lot to handle for someone in his first full year getting starting reps.
Speaker 5: I think he's done a nice job with that.
Speaker 3: So that's my spin on the first half is how good was the depth and we see it right now over eleven game leading the Division, best record in baseball, like you said, Clint, and they did this without several key players. So yeah, things again remain good in Dodger Wand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely a lot of great things in there. And you mentioned you're kind of an under the radar guy. I appreciated the narrative here of your column that you dropped. I believe yesterday you mentioned some of those names in there at Gardo Henriquez. I figured we could have a little bit of fun, each picking our own under the radar guy. I'll all go first, because I mean I was leaning Henriquez, and I don't know that an All Star can be an under the radar guy. But I'm gonna go Max months because we keep talking about Munsi and every offseason, I am somebody who's very guilty of always looking at grass being greener on the other side, and wondering if at some point the Dodgers need to look to get younger or look to the future at third base, How can they do that? How can they address third base? But Munsey has gone out there and honestly quietly put together an all star first half, and we can forget about the last week. Defensively, you know, things have been a little wonky for months, but he's got the power. What seventeen homer second on the team, he found the clutch with runners in scoring position. The ops is solid around eight point fifty. And he has been, as you know we've seen over the last couple of years, he has been the most vocal leader, at least media side, public facing, the most vocal leader in that clubhouse, navigating a team through interesting, sticky situation. I'll also add, for fun, as Katie kind of noted there, I'm giving the award to Dalton Rushing for the most on the radar guy this year, our viral sensation. But hey, Dalton, for all the reasons you said, wou like he has done great in his first half of essentially being a full time player the first half of the season. Like he's got a lot thrown on his plate and he's handled it okay enough and keeps getting better. But yeah, what's your name again, Alana?
Speaker 6: What do you think of? Who's your under the raid?
Speaker 4: Listen? I'm trying heresurdly, Wow, who is your under the radio?
Speaker 1: The mighty have fallen? So quickly has my career come to this demise?
Speaker 2: Am I under the radar?
Speaker 1: And kind of along the same lines of what you're saying. I'm not certain if it's fair to call somebody that's an All Star under the radar, but nobody outside of us knows. Justin Robleski, guys, and I wish that people nationally could see what he's been able to do for this club on a on a team that has an unbelievable amount of quality starters and big name starters. Right you're in a rotation with shohe Atana, You're in a rotation with Yoshinobu Yamamoto, who is the World Series MVP last year. You're in a rotation with the likes when he comes back of a two time say Young Award winner in Blake Snell, Tyler Glasdow. Obviously, when he's healthy, we know what he can do. But Justin Rableski has been every bit of this team's ace this season. And I'm not saying it by definition, but what I'm saying is he posts we just talked about it.
Speaker 2: He's ten and two.
Speaker 1: He goes out there and gives you a chance to win every single time. He has a sub three ERA. And this is a guy that was allowed to be himself and has worked very diligently with Mark Pryor obviously, and Connor McGuinness and the entire pitching staff with the Dodgers to really involve into a pitcher that has been incredibly impressive.
Speaker 2: So if you can be an all star and under the radar, I mean, he's my.
Speaker 1: Guy, and I think that, you know, the nation in the baseball world doesn't really quite know who Justin Robleski is yet, but he's been an under the radar superstar if you will on a team full of superstars.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Katie, you got a quick one. You're definitive under the radar guy of the first half.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, Dave, you got to throw robusting inning tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Put him on the stage.
Speaker 3: We saw him go toe to toe and the World Series last year.
Speaker 5: Get robustate inning and then we'll all be happy here.
Speaker 3: But no, I really think I'd like to spend on Erika's just a little bit because when you look at his Baseball savon page he jumps off there is so much red there. And this is you know, I cover the team mostly every day, so what you're watching, Enrica is you're like, Okay, you know there's some potential there. Then you see him slowly climb up Dave Roberts trust tree if you will, and he gets hired and higher leverage, and you're like, wait a second, he keeps getting out of it, and then by the time, you know, a couple weeks ago, I was like, let's really look at the changes that he's made, And there haven't been a lot in terms of the numbers, but it's the stuff and the command that he's made because he's always had nasty, wipeout stuff.
Speaker 5: Two fastballs over one hundred miles per hour.
Speaker 3: He technically has five pitches, although his secondaries doesn't throw as much, but because he has so precise command of the fastball, he can go to the breaking pitches and get the you know, he's not going to blow you away with strikeout stuff if you look at the Salon page, but he's pretty good at inducing the chase because he is able to pitch out of the zone on purpose. That's key for mister Enriquez here, who was out of the zone a lot accidentally last season.
Speaker 5: So watching his.
Speaker 3: Progression, looking at what he's been able to do to solidify that right side with diaz Ou, I think this is going to be a guy that's going to be instrumental for the Dodgers in the setup role going forward, and I'm excited to see what he does to finish out his Here leaves some love, guys.
Speaker 2: I think that's so funny.
Speaker 1: I should go on the quote board when he was out of the zone accidentally versus out of the.
Speaker 2: Zone on purpose.
Speaker 1: One really quick follow up on Rableski though, I had just said that, you know, nobody outside of us and those that cover the Dodgers really know him. But it's starting to get to the point where people are taking notice. Yes, the Shark, right, so Pedro Martinez. When Pedro Martinez is starting to talk about you and then calling him the Shark, you.
Speaker 2: Know something good is about to happen to this kid, right.
Speaker 1: So when the national media, the likes of the Pedro Martinez Is of the world are starting to pay attention. And again, the game was probably on TBS or whatever it was where Pedro was able to watch him start. But people take notice because I think this is going to be a name that we hear a lot more of in the future, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and deservedly so. Again, he has been great. He has turned himself into an innings eater for this team. He posts every six days in a role that he was not expecting to be in but always hoping to be in. He's handled everything and still kind of again the would we say the weighted dog has been great as the season has gone on. It's not the same as we saw in the World Series last year. He's been a little bit calmer, a little bit more tame, but we know that animal is in there. So we are at that point though, where we're trending towards the second half of the season, the official unofficial second half. And of course there are concerns with this team. We just talked earlier about all the injury updates, and so instead of diving into direct concerns, I think all of us would agree it is the state of the starting rotation, because that is something that could be very, very strong, or one of those setbacks happened all of a sudden, you're worried. If you get through the trade deadline you haven't made a move, you're gonna get a little worried. So in the spirit of this, if there is an X factor to a good second half of the season, and you don't need to say in the starting rotation, I am. I think the biggest X factor is Tyler Glass now him returning, because that's somebody you can start for game three, you can start for game four. You saw him pitch and relief last year for this team in October and be an important weapon. I feel confident Blake Snell is gonna return, but an X factor for me is Tyler Glass now's health and him being in the rotation by I don't know, mid to late August and continuing to post from there, Katie, do you have an X factor for the second half?
Speaker 3: Now we're just so aligned because that was exactly what I was going to say. Everything about Tyler glassnow there is true. I'm also confident about Blake Snell coming back. And you look at if the Dodgers at full strength and you run their post, he's in rotation of Otani Yavamoto Snell Glass. Now you're like, oh gosh, if you're an opponent, or like, I don't want to do that. But without Glass Now, it's not that the Dodgers can't win without him, but they are just so much stronger with him, and he, to me, is the biggest question mark of his recovery. But Quinn you were all on it about Tyler, so I'll go my secondary is Blake Snell. Even though I'm pretty confident that he's going to be fine and he's going to pitch well, you just never know. I think the Dodgers can be just fine without Evan Diaz. Certainly they'd like him, but they've proven that they can pitch without him. Starting pitching is the most pivotal thing for contending teams going into the postseason. So having a healthy Snell, healthy Glass now is pivotal. And if you're the Dodgers, it's absolutely going to shape your trade online thinking because you have to say, you know, do we have enough protection here to in case something happens to one of these guys where they go down or are you banking on their health and say no, there's other avenues that we can go and improve our roster for the future. That all depends on the next couple of weeks. As both pictures, you know, Snow starting that rehab in Glassdownchin closer, how they look with their health journeys.
Speaker 5: It is always.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be crunch time for Andre Freeman and his staff come August third.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I would say is another sneaky end of the radar guy or not under the radar, but X factor. Getting River Ryan healthy, just to help fill out some meetings as they Maybe he doesn't end up being a part of the postseason roster, but they need, they need some innings out of somebody else. We saw the return of Landon Nac did not go great. Happy to have him back for sure, but need to get him back on track. But anyways, I just want to give a shout out. Hopefully you weren't going to say River Ryan. I don't think you are, but Alana, who is your second half X factor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, River Ryan definitely as a cushion for an innings eater at certain points throughout the regular season, second half and the postseason.
Speaker 2: We shall see.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go one picture and one position player. I think my position player. Again, this is not a knock on this person. I would just like to see more of what we are used to in twenty twenty four, in particular Taskar Hernandez. The two forty three average. You know, it's just it's just not the lack of power is kind of problematic for me too. Just the eight home runs thirty six RBI. I'd like to just see a little bit more from Tao, just that you know, two forty three average three nineteen obp seven oh six.
Speaker 2: Ops.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see more from him. You know what we kind of got from him in twenty four, twenty five a little bit. Certainly twenty four was impressive. So a little bit more Tao, I think my picture. I do need to see what Edwin Diaz can do. I think the closer you get to the postseason and more of the postseason games really relies heavily on a bonafide closer.
Speaker 2: And I know that Dave Roberts has done.
Speaker 1: A masterful job of having to, you know, work a bullpen in a postseason that has not been ideal for a lot of teams, but he was able to maneuver it and put that piece of the puzzles, the pieces of the together in the right way. But I would love to see the dominant closer return that we were so excited to get in the off season. And you don't know what he's going to be like when he comes back. I mean, he hasn't pitched in months, so I'm hopeful that he can just be a really solid compliment but also be that like put that fear of God in the opposition, like oh Man, game over a type of situation. Not to say it's like Eric Gannie, I know, game over, but like to be like many and they still have Edwin Diaz in their pen that type of thing, because the bullpen has done a really nice job this season, and to Katie's points, the Dodgers have pitched well without him. But I would think, like she was saying with Tyler Glass, now they're stronger with Edwin Diaz than if he's not on the team.
Speaker 2: So I guess those two are my x vexors.
Speaker 4: No, I mean that's great. You know, we're talking about adding an all star closer to the back end of your bullpen. All of a sudden, everybody moves down. You have a lot more optionality with Tander Scott and with all of the great stuff that Edgardo Henriquez has been able to do this year. Getting Evan Phillips back pitching again, that's what's so crazy about the scene. It could be so damn good in the second half and into the postseason with the pitching. You know, I think while you were talking Therez and we'll move on to last slicks after this, but I started worrying, like, are we going to look back at this particular conversation and be like, we probably should have had bigger concerns about the offense because there are a lot of guys that have stressed they've put a bunch of points on the board, but they tend to do it in bulk, So hopefully we don't. I'll speak for myself that I don't end up being a Noaster dumbass later in the season. But anyways, we got a little bit more DT coming up from you. But first, Rizz is going to tell you about our friends at FanDuel.
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by fan Duel Baseball Fans, the MLB season is in full swing and fan Duel is giving you a chance to call your shot with daily dingers.
Speaker 2: Joining the action is easy.
Speaker 1: Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com Slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com Slash podcast to opt in for daily Dingers and make your free pick on Who's hitting a homer, playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler. All right, guys, we're going to continue to promote Scotty as he is still looking for a forever home. He had a little bit of a reprieve this weekend. He went to a d friend foster home that was able to get him the exercise and the long walks that he needs and deserves it. He absolutely flourished. Exercise is key for this guy. He's three years old, he's healthy, he's phenomenal with other dogs and people.
Speaker 2: He's good with kids.
Speaker 1: I mean, he is a big boy, so I wouldn't have him in a house with little kids that he could topple over just because he's excited. But he's not at all. He has a mean bone in his body. He's a pity mix and wonderful. If you are looking for a great active partner, Scotty is your boy. He is being fostered in Huntington Beach, California, but he is adoptable in anywhere in California and we would help with the transport. So thanks for letting me talk about Scotty. He is very deserving of a forever.
Speaker 2: Home.
Speaker 1: Home Run Derby is tonight. It is over on Netflix. Our girl Lauren Shahati will be hosting that on the field of Prior to I've heard of her. Yes, prior to that. We have the media day and Katie and I will be headed that way momentarily. So Home Run Derby, Clinn, who are you taking to hit the most dingers?
Speaker 4: You just you can't not pick Kyle Schwarber in Philly. Dude has been an absolute powerhouse once again here in the first half. I think, what leading baseball with thirty six homers or something like that. Schwarbs is my guy. Yeah, we're commedy a little bit sneaky pick as well, Katie, who's your who you pick?
Speaker 3: Do you think I'm going Junior? I think Junior Kemini is the al MVP. Yeah, and I think he's so underrated because he plays in Tampa Bay, small market. But if this is a Dodgers show, I understand what the people want. We're going to be Team Dino. So Bryce Harper take it away.
Speaker 5: A good call.
Speaker 2: That's a good call.
Speaker 1: I would run through a wall for that guy, for both of them. By the way, congratulations to the evil family. Another another kid headed.
Speaker 2: To the Brewers. We're proud of you Tree.
Speaker 4: Congratulations big Brewers family over there.
Speaker 1: Listen, Linda, you have a son that get drafted into major league based I don't think so good.
Speaker 4: No, I would never have a son that sounds awful.
Speaker 6: Children in this economy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna yeah, really, no kidding, I'm gonna pick Also, Kyle Schwarber. I know it's not a sexy pick. Everyone's doing it. I'm not going out on a limb. Thirty two home runs, major League Baseball leader in home runs he had this is what third major League Baseball home run derby appearance.
Speaker 2: He did it in eighteen and twenty two as well. So Schwarves. Schwarves is my guy.
Speaker 3: Good pick.
Speaker 4: It's a good pick. The reason everybody's picking him because dude's got pop watch us also sneaky Wilson concerero is gonna be sneaky he is? Will he get ejected?
Speaker 5: Ejected?
Speaker 2: That that is the better question.
Speaker 4: Share your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Could he get ajected from the All Star Game?
Speaker 1: I could see that the fan dual odds on Wilson contreres getting ejected three times in the last week and change.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we appreciate you being here, Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: We will be back back on Thursday for our regular scheduled programming. Go to the store Dodgers Territory Shop dot com. You can also scan that QR code. We appreciate you guys very much. Enjoy the All Star Week festivities and we'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Bye,