Speaker 1: I just think wings take taste better with pussy and and that's in the air. It's just the aesthetic will why crazy, Yeah, I just think at the end of the day, that's the You gotta.
Speaker 2: Like a wine pairing, you know, it's like a wine and cheese pairing where you're like, oh, yes, the notes of the subtle buffalo flavor bring out.
Speaker 1: It brings out the tannins in the one hundred Yeah, I think that's one hundred percent what it is.
Speaker 3: I didn't have the words for it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, It's like I also think there's like an element of the sweat in the air and then a little just a dash of desperation.
Speaker 1: And I would say the darkness that that nice darkness it puts on the wings where you you see some titties and then you gotta search a little for the wing. It just makes it this romantic sort of experience.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean, man, I remember in San Francisco they had this place and that the Gold Club.
Speaker 3: Good lunch is at the Gold Club. I have not been, but they've told me good things about it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, shout out to got me through some tough times.
Speaker 5: Are racist stuff I can't tell me.
Speaker 2: Basketball is my favorite sport.
Speaker 4: I like the way they dribble up and down the court.
Speaker 2: Welcome O Mama's and gentiles alike to another phenomenal episode of My Mama.
Speaker 1: Told Me, the podcast where we dive deep deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories and.
Speaker 2: We finally worked to prove whatever bullshit we feel about talking Today, I said about talking, and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: I listen anyways.
Speaker 3: You know, Pig, I wasn't gonna correct his sentence at all.
Speaker 4: I know it. It was just telling me I felt bad.
Speaker 1: You you could feel that that's not the way you wanted to say it immediately.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know what I've been thinking about though, This is what I came and I wanted to talk about those little robots that they have all over LA. I took a walk this morning. I realized, I think they make them look so cute and dispatch them in the morning because they want you to think about little kids on their way to school and feel like they're innocuous. Like because I was looking at it and it's just so cute and it's like it's stopped. It looks like a kid with a big ass backpack and big ass glasses walking school, and they want you to think that so that you don't understand that that's the enemy, so so that you.
Speaker 3: You want to protect them.
Speaker 2: That's it was so cute when I was walking, That's all I kept thinking. I was like, it was a cute little robot.
Speaker 3: I want to keep him safe. Yeah, look, big robot eyes he got stop if you can't walk wabbling And that's not we need ugly robots, bro.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I think that is like that's the future, is like we need laws that robots have to be.
Speaker 1: That is crazy that when they start building sort of these humanoid robots and they've already, you know, had versions of these things happened, they always make them baddies. They don't never make them a little ugly ghoul. That is probably frankly more common in the human experience than the batties are.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, they want you to fuck them. They want you to think they're c you.
Speaker 2: They want you to want to protect like they don't want Like, Bro, if you you get a robot that just looks like a manager at Sally's Beauty Supply, you're not gonna You're not gonna feel any way towards it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me that, Sam, Sam Cassell, Robot.
Speaker 6: Bro already mind this business, no episode. I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you know. But he doesn't care.
Speaker 1: He's all right, he's he ain't worried about what I'm talking about. I'm just saying that's what we should be looking at.
Speaker 2: We should be looking at. And I do want to known, just for the listenership. I like ugly people better. I do think that's cooler. I think it's like a greater distance to travel to be successful, especially in media and entertainment, if.
Speaker 4: You are ugly.
Speaker 1: I really don't respect really beautiful people that. Okay, Yeah I don't. I don't fully disagree with that. Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: There's no part of me that pushes back on that.
Speaker 4: Ugly people don't get privileged.
Speaker 2: Ugly people they get it out of her. Every ugly person. Bro, you don't really see ugly people in positions of power who were bad at.
Speaker 3: Ship, you know what I'm saying. You don't see a lot.
Speaker 2: Of ugly ass bosses who don't run the ship out of that start. Yeah, And that's like I think that's like admirable, you know what I mean, Wow damn oh yeah, very effective, very effective.
Speaker 1: He arguably the most ever effective person.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's but ugly though.
Speaker 2: I think he's quirky looking but ugly, but he's.
Speaker 1: He's like works really hard to get to this.
Speaker 2: That's true. PayPal Elon is bad looking. I think bad hair.
Speaker 1: I think you're really underestimating how much we we know for a fact, this motherfucker went and like tried to fix it.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, there's short guys in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying this is like.
Speaker 3: It's not a perfect here.
Speaker 4: It's just like I find the odds every day.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying in general, man, I I man, we need to go back. We need to have like ugly presidents. I think we need like, we need more ugly people. I don't I don't disagree with you. I our guest today. You've already heard his boy. He's already been participating.
Speaker 4: In the I'm enjoying the show. We're not gonna.
Speaker 1: That's what we don't want it to be. We came here, we came here to have very important conversations. All this conspiracy you brought to us, and so we're very excited you're here. He's he's a goddamn king of what was formerly known as Twitter. You know him from from his new film Memes and Nightmares. You know him from the most importantly, No Chill with Gilbert Arenas. He's hilarious, he's so talented. To give it up for Josiah Johnson.
Speaker 3: Everybody, shout out to everybody who watches gils Arena present about Underdog.
Speaker 4: We'll trying to get this bag always.
Speaker 3: I get it in the sponsor happy Yeah.
Speaker 4: Every day of the week. We should start doing that for sponsors we want.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to d Excel, the number one choice and plus sized men's clothing.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that's because.
Speaker 4: You're on the call side with you already. Know.
Speaker 2: We never think about that, to be honest, I'm.
Speaker 3: D XL cols, Like I only got like three or four places.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 2: It's like, I think, being a fat guy in those stories, you start to think the tall guys are a myth.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got the big section and the tall section together. Okay, so you got the T on the end of your shold for sure. Wow, I thought that I didn't even know what that was for.
Speaker 1: You thought they were just doing that to keep y' all comfortable.
Speaker 4: I thought it was to make you feel better.
Speaker 3: When somebody call you big man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like, come on, there's only one reason you're saying that.
Speaker 1: It's not tall, it's not cool because you're just yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Anyways, you gotta plug. You want to do it like you should. We should manifest plugs.
Speaker 1: Do I have a plug?
Speaker 4: He's got it. You gotta have a thing that you want.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, probably, but then it feels like it gets embarrassing very quickly. Oh really, just be open, okay, crunchy roll, I really want you to give us free past paths words, this to the country roles so I could watch anime all day.
Speaker 4: Ain't wrong with that.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be mad at me.
Speaker 1: That's why I didn't want to do it.
Speaker 3: I knew.
Speaker 1: The only answer I had was honest. It wasn't like a good joke, No, that was good man. I just want to be able to watch anime and and fucking nerd out all day.
Speaker 4: That's good man.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have you have an aspirational plug. You already got your real.
Speaker 3: I like basic ship Snapple like, these are the functional things that I like to use and drink around the house. So I snap, I'm a big Sousius fan. So I shot out Celsius every day before the show in the water. Okay, some of my castmates get mad at me, say it's bad for you. I say, look, I ain't gonna live forever. Let me enjoy, Let me enjoy my day. This heart's gonna explode at some point.
Speaker 4: Take calories, energy, shout out Selsa.
Speaker 1: Shout out Selsea and cuny room.
Speaker 3: Don't you be mad at me.
Speaker 4: I'm having a good time.
Speaker 1: Jasiah, you came to us today with the conspiracy that I frankly knew about but had never put a lot of thought into. You know, it's one of those that I think is rumored in such a way as like, oh, I don't know how to unpack the truth and not truth from this. But you said that my mama told me. In nineteen eighty five NBA draft was read.
Speaker 3: Uh, let me use the words wisely, because I'm hoping to get credential by the NBA some day.
Speaker 4: I used to the King NBA.
Speaker 3: Quitter that wasn't very fruitful and actually getting any love from the league so long tickets, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Every every time.
Speaker 3: So we put credential requests out and I'm literally at this points, like two or three days a week before the event. So let's says our weekend summerly, whatever it is, your credential has been denied.
Speaker 4: I'm like, damn.
Speaker 3: But I see all the people that are there, and I know I'm working hard for the league. But I'm a big NBA fan. I love the leave. My dad played in the NBA back in the day, and for me, it's like you look at leagues like the NFL. Right, you're the worst team in the NFL, you get the number one pick, as it should be. You have the worst record you deserve to have. So the NBA has always had this like ping pong lottery, like as you know, I think eighties was when it first started. But they tell this story back in the day, David Stern obviously, Nick's you know, Patrick Ewing coming out of Georgetown.
Speaker 4: And in New Yorker David Stern, which is important and New York or Patrick Ewing if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: From Boston, but then then went to New York by way of Jamaica. Yeah, he's Jamaica.
Speaker 3: And Jamaica queens confused but shout out, shout out to Patrick Ewing. But number one player in college at that point. So they show the video and if you go through and watch it, they basically like have this big like tumble thing with all the different envelopes in it.
Speaker 4: So they spend it a couple of times.
Speaker 3: But you see him kind of reaching there, feel around, and there was always saying the envelope was frozen or it was a little bit lighter, and there.
Speaker 4: Was something going on.
Speaker 3: He just happens to to yank get out. Hey I'm not looking, but hey, Yank, get out of here. The New York Knicks get the number one pick and they end up getting Patrick Ewing obviously, and you talk about the league that even nowadays with viewership issues and even stuff we saw in contemporary draft lottery time like the one that was recent, it always seems to work out that way. You got Lebron James coming out of high school after in Ohio. What do you know, Cleveland Cavs get the number one pick.
Speaker 2: Derrick Grosse has a Denver pers native. Not a great time for me. Oh you you thought you had a shot. I thought I was like, man.
Speaker 4: I ain't good mellow, so shit.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it was cool, but I was like, we're getting new jerseys, We're getting.
Speaker 1: Lebron You know what's crazy. I never thought anyone else had a shot. I mean because you weren't number two though, you know what I mean. It was I feel like it was like we were close enough that it was like, no, this could really really you really believed in the possibility of what this could be.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, it's going to be that we're gonna have some great colorway that's coming out to I was like, the city is gonna change.
Speaker 4: And then they hit us with sky blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a bad run.
Speaker 2: Brother, it was you know, it's like it's like the way my heart sank when I saw it, and I'm just like, oh man.
Speaker 4: That ship was really upsetting his baby.
Speaker 2: Blue is a terrible color, especially for fat guys.
Speaker 4: It's not it's not good. It's not flattering. It's not flattering at all. It's like black, come on.
Speaker 2: And then it's like, you had a jersey that can make a guy like Kenyon Martin not look cool that it was impressive. That's work, that's work. Yeah, gonna watch this oh man man.
Speaker 4: Look cool and everything. Yeah, dug night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so you obviously that you're a kid at this point, I'm three years old.
Speaker 3: With three years old, it's happening.
Speaker 4: So you're more than eighty two obviously, Draft eighty five.
Speaker 1: You're you're you're not aware that this is happening. At what point does this get on your radar?
Speaker 3: Well, when you just see over the years how convenient it is even now twenty twenty five, MAVs trade Luca to kick off Black History Month, bring him to the Lakers. God bless Nico Harrison. Nico gets a lot of heat. Hated person in the league. They booing him at medieval times.
Speaker 1: More here you mean just eating him alive?
Speaker 4: He looked like Jafar from Aladdin. What the grill grill look?
Speaker 3: But so Trey Luco away for seemingly not a ton of return, right, no disrespect to to Anthony Davis or Max Christie or one first round draft pick. But we've seen Rudy Gobert go for five six first round Andrew saw mchal Bridge is going to the Knicks for five first rounders, Like, yeah, good generational talent, you know what I mean? All NBA perennial First Team All NBA. Yeah, we didn't we getting Max Christy in the first round pick.
Speaker 4: We thought it was highway Robberts.
Speaker 1: And Anthony Davis. That don't look even close to the Anthony Davis hes.
Speaker 3: It gets hurt, I think before that came back, got hurt. But then they end up going they make the playing win their first game, and it's like and then I do a show with Gill and Gil the whole time, like what the fuck y'all doing? Man, Like, like you have a chance to now build through the draft, Like why would you ever want to go to the playoffs? End up, I think they would have got the AC end up getting swept by the thunder. You're not gonna You're not gonna do anything. So his whole thing, and I agree, is like you're not gonna win the championship. There's like four or five teams every year that are trying to win a championship. If you're not trying to win a championship, you might as well not tank it, but not just give your best effort whatever whatever's in between there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels it feels crazy that the playoff team got the pick, not like objectively that feels nothing where like we historically don't ever see that of like you went to the playoffs and you still get the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seems it just doesn't. It's not like a it's not like a fair situation.
Speaker 4: It's a bullshit.
Speaker 3: I think there were eleventh overall of the fourteen lottery teams in terms of I think it was like one point eight percent chance of getting that pick. Meanwhile, you got the Hornets who are trash, You got the Jazz who are trash. You got the Wizards who are absolutely trashed.
Speaker 1: Don't forget about the Chicago Bulls were always rooting for them.
Speaker 3: But the Bulls got him. That giddy shot still haunts me man like watching that. We do Workings Company playback, so we stream live game. So we're doing that game, going crazy thinking the Lakers go win, the fucker has a half quarter.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: But the Bulls getting screwed. I think it's the second time, if I'm not mistaken. So I want to say the Bulls and the MAVs have the same records with basically a coin flip to see who got that eleven spot. That eleven spot ends up getting the number one overall pick. Bulls get kind of screwed out of it. I want to say the second time it happened with them in the MAVs. Think the last time I have drafted Lucas. So it's kind of you know, ship going on.
Speaker 2: Here's my question. I feel like we open it up and we just say it. I feel like we've talked about it a lot on this podcast. How rig do you think the NBA is? I mean, that's what we're beating around the bush, right.
Speaker 3: The NBA is entertainment. So the NBA similar to wrestling entertainment. They don't really classify themselves as the sportsly we do. But I think, you know, when you get to you think they don't. I think they do it entertainment because it gives a little bit more leeway and flexibility in terms of how they operate from behind the scenes. It's entertainment rights there to entertain Uh.
Speaker 1: That's like lawyer talk. They hired it very powerful lawyers.
Speaker 3: The Crews all lawyers Deaver starting back in the day, like successful lawyer I believe worked for the league before ended up coming commissioner. I want to say Adam Silver followed a similar trajectory. I'll tell you jumping come come on.
Speaker 7: And for those who know that one of them boys put the ball on the court, not one you.
Speaker 3: Talk about behind the scenes ship like you know, strong army. You know, Gil's got his dock out on Netflix now shooting guards. We were just watching and something he said, and I have no problem telling everybody on your show. But he said repeatedly, it was like Gil is a loophole expert, right, so Gil should.
Speaker 2: Have been a lawyer. I could really see that.
Speaker 3: So before he brought guns to the locker room, he researched, all right, what a long as I can get suspended. It's like, all right, you know player X brought it in. He got two games. This player shot a gun. He got three games, like most, I'm gonna get his five. That's this is how he operates the life.
Speaker 7: But I thought it was just being a silly billy. He's like, no, I'm gonna make sure. I'll put it into everything. So I'm like, must get his five games, but I'm gonna do it. That's how his mind was.
Speaker 2: He says the reason he felt like he got punished is because they knew he was moving guns around, right.
Speaker 4: So that's what it ended up becoming.
Speaker 3: But if you go back to why he initially got suspended, it wasn't because the guns in the locker room, because they can never prove anything, right, This thing came out like a week or two after the fact. It was kind of just going around the locker room. Somebody ended up snitching to the press and then it went crazy. But that's all these dudes and you guys know, like we might have a situation here, we want to fight each other.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Now we're cool, but a week from now, we hear you know, we've moved on. We passed it. Everybody now was like, man, we've heard about that ship that went down. It's like, yeah, I forgot all about that. All y'all did bring thus in the locker room and I'm tripping, But you watch this guy.
Speaker 4: It is not that kind of environment here, though it would be crazy.
Speaker 3: It would fuck us up.
Speaker 2: Energy two guns and put on the couch and said, pick I tell on all y'all niggas immediately.
Speaker 4: But then you dig.
Speaker 3: And that's that's even the situation with John, Like John really get jammed up for the gun in the strip club, right, it was more like, well, how the gun get there?
Speaker 4: And oh really, how did you, how did.
Speaker 3: You what's the relationships you bring that on on a team playing on a team bus, because now it becomes something deeper.
Speaker 4: But Guil didn't get suspended for the guns.
Speaker 3: He got suspended because he was in warm ups fucking around and he did the the finger guns. And then David Stern saw that and was like, all right, dog, like, I'm not the strong arm your ass one where the other.
Speaker 4: Is a crazy thing to do, though.
Speaker 1: I think what makes it nasty though, is the fact that they can't prove it right, like, especially with the Josh situation. They because what they told us via the media was that he was bringing the guns into the locker room and onto the planes.
Speaker 3: But they don't know.
Speaker 4: That for unless he says I did it, which I don't think he's done.
Speaker 1: But that's just but the point being, it's not like he got on the plane and was like, hey, y'all, look at my gun.
Speaker 3: He's in a strip club, tons of ones on the ground holding in Colorado, which is I believe an open carrias.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I was gonna say about the Josh situation. Wrong strip club, you go to Dandy Dan's. That shit doesn't happen to you brother, Yeah, you go up the Federal though that you like. He was just ship like you should have guns. It's like trash.
Speaker 4: You only go there.
Speaker 2: They got steak on Tuesdays. That's all they got going.
Speaker 4: Well, that's that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I love a strip club that bounces as a culinary eating Magic City. Post made it to me.
Speaker 2: Man, Honestly, if we're talking about drop ads, we want Magic City highways.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're in agreement on this. That would be agreement. No, okay, because I was I was doing some stuff with TNT. I was in Atlanta, got them Post made it to the to the hotel. Was not impressed when they were like baby, I'm like, damn, what's going now?
Speaker 4: They gave me the bottom of the barrel winder. You got to come in money on Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need to take a break.
Speaker 1: But before we do, my question for you, leading uh I guess into this break is what do you say to the issue of it being Dallas specifically, because that is not a major market. It's not one that we've ever historically championed, right in terms of like sinking the money into it, and more importantly, there's not that many incentives to make it good again if you just straighted away Lucas. So how do we justify that part?
Speaker 4: I think that is still top ten market if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: I think that. I mean, I don't sound like it, but because I saw the same thing, I'm like, yo, like you know, we kind of look at the MAVs like they're a small market team, but top ten everything.
Speaker 4: Mark Cuban came over to do.
Speaker 3: But Mark Cuban ends up selling the team, giving up control of the basketball operations to Aldiser family, who owns the SAMs Corp. Who's heavy in gaming. So the initial rumor was they wanted to bring a casino to the arena. We're salty that the state of Texas was kind of hating on that the legislature wasn't letting you get through. So they're like, all right, well fuck you. We're trading the Golden Boy, now what, and we're gonna make bread either way. This franchise is gonna be valuable either way. You are still coming to games like we've seen before. Steve Bomber took over the Clippers. He's done amazing job. But Donald Sterling, my dad played for the Donald Sterling Clippers. Most embarrassing organization probably in the history of sports. Used to practice at the YMCA, played at the sports arena.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, now shout out to the mc LA. I'm not big, yam C a guy. That's another, that's another there this morning. Yeah no, well it was like man bro Is, it was like twenty eight dollars from the house. I couldn't justify it. I just got ten thousand steps in the team right on back.
Speaker 4: It makes it. But YMC a great for common folk like us. Imagine your NBA.
Speaker 2: Team just six eight common we're just just but just three common dudes over.
Speaker 3: We're just three comedy. But imagine your NBA team practicing and you got to Lea Pilate's classes coming in.
Speaker 4: What is going on? So you got a bunch of naked art median dudes. You gotta go our time on who you are?
Speaker 3: He's not to finished the court. Yeah, they say that it's time to play a.
Speaker 4: Bunch of dudes who in jeans half court? Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: So the new new management group comes in, new ownership group ended up making the trade for Luke And like I said, we heard that trade, everybody thought it was nuts. Everybody shadow over at Nico Harrison myself included, you know, fire Nico chants all that stuff, but the massive raised ticket prices after the Luca trade. So it's like, let me scratch my head here, some ship's going on. Now.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not gonna call the league.
Speaker 3: There's been a ton of people in the media who are expect to say, oh no, this process just happens the way it is. But I think the percentage of the team three teams that got it, mass Furs and Sixers we got the first three pictures zero point one percent of that happening, obviously much lower than the lottery, but even the MAVs winning, I think it's one point eight percent. And we talked about on the show that'd be like me putting a stack of cards saying, hey, pick the two of diamonds and you're reaching in boot to a diamon. Is like the percentage of that potentially happening. So it's not nuts. Not only is a magic trick trickery, it's convenient.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not zero percent, but it's say silly number close to zero.
Speaker 3: Person as wild shipped to see it actually happen and now then be able to get Cooper flag, who's the great American white hope Luka European of course, but one favorite replacement.
Speaker 4: We've got American Caucadia.
Speaker 2: I mean, if we have to qualify it, I don't know, because maybe this is just because of the Nuggets thing. I kind of like the European whites.
Speaker 3: Joker, like the fast, sloppy. Look, don't look will Cook. You got those scary around my city.
Speaker 2: Even though when he's gone, they bro I know a girl, I know somebody who lives in their building, and she was like, he's gone. As soon as the season's over. They're just up there. They just don't know, okay, just lurking around.
Speaker 3: I like that, man.
Speaker 1: I love that they're like, man, we ain't going back there.
Speaker 3: We really run this city with the horses representative.
Speaker 2: They are outside and tight, tight T shirt.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: Good for them, good for them, and frankly, good for the Dallas Mavericks.
Speaker 3: I think Dallas y'all figured it out.
Speaker 1: Whatever the game was, you you fucking mastered it perfectly. We're gonna take a break. We were gonna come right back with more Josiah Johnson more.
Speaker 3: My mama told me.
Speaker 7: We're not gonna let Joe Biden and Kamala Harris cut America's meets.
Speaker 4: That's that on that.
Speaker 2: That's that on that, and we're not gonna let the NBA continue to rig our league we.
Speaker 3: Love so much.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want the alternative as much as I think I do.
Speaker 4: I mean, wrestling is as fun as any other thing, right, and it.
Speaker 1: Does create sort of this weird commitment to your teams in a way that that actually makes the the the experience more meaningful.
Speaker 3: I would say, do you know what I mean that?
Speaker 1: Like when I remember as a kid, my favorite team growing up was that Sacramento team that almost you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean and.
Speaker 1: Teaming Yeah, that team was nice.
Speaker 4: Team done.
Speaker 3: I got a funny story. Actually, yeah, so this tattoo. So one of my teammates U s l A. Mike Bibby's cousin, Ryan Walcass, my guy. We still ridings to this day. So they used to have tattoo Day, Uh, the Bibby family from Phoenix. So I'd happened to roll in during the off season. I think Mike was doing a camp or something. It was tattoo day. So I rolled up to the tattoo parlor. Mike Bibby brought me this uh this one right here to Pitch Johnson, which is my last name, official last name. But he was like, you want to yeah, Mike, fat are those characters also saying people? I know? So I got them? Uh, I get it, but you got to see. No, Marcus can't be like the big Chinese symbols work away back then. I can't speak a lick of Chinese, probably one of my biggest regress in life. But I own it and I wear it like a badge of it's supposed to say fear no man. But my Chinese friends are kind of like, ah, nigga, not this time.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 1: If I had to explain the embarrassment on.
Speaker 3: My body, it was a cool thing to do.
Speaker 1: Ain't no shaman tattoo shaming.
Speaker 3: We don't do that. Marcus can't be, though, Mark, you have the big ass Chinese symbols. You no, niggas had no connection to China whatsoever it was, which they still do, but.
Speaker 9: That might be its. But I mean, I'm talking about the Francisco era. There was a lot of dragons running. Man Jackie Chan had a cartoon. He did the Jackie Chan Adventures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all remember that.
Speaker 4: I do remember that on channel on the WB.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like the more like it was like almost anime a little bit.
Speaker 3: It kind of had like a more advanced you tune.
Speaker 4: You are you leveraging for Crunchy roll again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, crunchy If you got that Jackie Chan cartoon, go ahead, let me watch it. I'm trying to watch it for free.
Speaker 4: Jackie Chan did rush it for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was going crazy.
Speaker 4: That was a big rumble in the Bronx guy. That was my Jackie Chan.
Speaker 1: I will say, now that we're talking about it, then this is my conspiratorial brain really triggering. I do think they kind of gave Tom Cruise some of Jackie chan ship.
Speaker 4: Whoa wait, expand.
Speaker 1: I think Jackie Chan really has been a I do my own stunts motherfucker for a long time.
Speaker 4: Because he came from like the Circus, right or something like that.
Speaker 1: I think he just came from karate.
Speaker 4: I think he's like a.
Speaker 10: Classics but but more importantly, he's a dude who's been cooking at that from the moment we met him.
Speaker 1: Tom Cruise went through like fifteen evolutions before he became the idea guys who like truly did all his own stunts. Also, Tom Cruise couldn't he couldn't share a bill with Chris Tucker.
Speaker 4: That was a terrible movie.
Speaker 3: You want to watch that back and forth.
Speaker 2: Tom Cruise and Chris Tucker. Tom cur like, don't touch my radio.
Speaker 3: He's like.
Speaker 7: You you and I want to listen to Kholm mood.
Speaker 4: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: No, I think they gave jack I think Jackie Chan.
Speaker 3: I'm about to just take would be the first time we've seen the colonize and gentrifying.
Speaker 1: Because I don't think that Jackie Chan would be opposed to jumping out of a plane, you know what I mean. I don't think he'd be scared to like bungee jump off of the fucking waterfall.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Here's what I think it's it's they just were like, now we'll fund Tom.
Speaker 4: In all of this.
Speaker 2: Here's my question in true gentrifiers status, are the stunts Tom Cruise is doing more difficult than the ship that Jackie Chan was doing?
Speaker 4: Think so?
Speaker 2: I mean the Jackie ship was like I don't I think one could go one way, I don't think the other.
Speaker 1: Could go you you know what I'm saying Jackie was so athletic.
Speaker 4: I don't think that Jackie Tom Cruise could do the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jackie Champer, you're saying that that it actually is much harder to get legit kicked in the face off of like a box tower than it is to like have this massive rig that ensures you won't actually ever get hurt. You just have to be brave enough to.
Speaker 2: When he jumped off the ship and rumble in the bronx and he broke his foot or whatever. Like, I just think that, like, I think the degree of difficulty might have been higher on Jackie champ because Jackie jams approven like he's like he's a martial artist. It's not like Tom Cruise was like, oh I was mad athletic and then I became a movie starter.
Speaker 1: I think he's kind of just a guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really want to die. Yeah this happens. I'm disappointed that Jockey letting me down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah the church, the church doesn't doesn't approve of suicide. So I'll figure it out another one in a movie. Damn, that's dark.
Speaker 4: I'm acting. That's how he's about to check out Mission impossible. Impossible.
Speaker 3: I'll just say that too at some point the mission they're possible, eight of them. You could do it.
Speaker 4: He's doing it. That's what you do.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you on a logical sense, but they are strong films.
Speaker 4: They're good. All these missions are very possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very difficult. They're possible.
Speaker 1: They should be hard ass mission, hard ass missions they got. There's all these conspiracies running around and Michael B. Jordan is about to be the replacement for the Ethan Hunt of the upcoming mission impossibles, and I wonder if they're gonna make that hard ass missions.
Speaker 10: When it becomes black people. Yeah, it's as hell hell y'all gonna do that ship. I couldn't be me, That's what it's gonna be. You got, it couldn't be me with with Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan's I would.
Speaker 2: Rather have a black James Bond than a black Mission impossible guy.
Speaker 4: Oh really, yeah, I think it means I think it means more.
Speaker 1: I think they're just gonna really be So you got to remember British racism when it they finally do it. It's that peer ship, that's true, that's.
Speaker 3: Behind the times. You're before they.
Speaker 1: Give you that peer ship, and I don't like how that feels, and I don't want to see that happen to Idris or whoever is Like.
Speaker 3: You been out there before, Yeah, I've only been out there one never been out I'm good.
Speaker 1: It's actually, you know what's funny, it doesn't feel that way when you're like, like amongst them if they feel like a more liberal, frankly more like welcoming people than we are in America. But on the flip side, I just think when they do get racist, like look how they reacted to Megan markele right that bitch is barely a color and that they were upset.
Speaker 2: When I went over there, it felt like a boring New York Yeah, that's really how it felt. It felt like just like kind of a like stuff shuts down earlier, but it is like ingrained in them to be I.
Speaker 1: Think it's at their root, and that's why the paparazzi is so mean and crazy.
Speaker 2: And I've always thought about this about their media. On some level, at least within their media, they are better about racial stuff than we are, Whereas like you'll watch a British movie even from like the nineties or something, I have a black guy and a white guy be a best friend, and that's not the point of the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, That's what I mean is like they know how to present progressive, but when you get to some ship that they really don't want you to do, they turn up.
Speaker 4: Royal family man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't want want that bloodline looking like what you're offering.
Speaker 4: No, right, stop shut out to Megan and Harry.
Speaker 3: Uh went to I think Lakers playoff game a couple of years ago, and so I had a little bread at that time. So I was sitting in like B level sweets might have got a I think it was Lakers busy, but they were at the game once we know, we look over like, oh ship, they just low key holding it down, got their own little security, but fucking with the Lakers.
Speaker 4: I had to roll with, you.
Speaker 3: Know whatever going on, y'all feeling out the Lakers game.
Speaker 4: So I'm brother with it.
Speaker 1: So funny you're willing to forgive the roots of racism because he didn't.
Speaker 3: Didn't it cool? You liked it for a while. Then he stopped liking it. Harry said, fuck the family, y'all moving out here, Santa Barbara. We're gonna pull up the Lakers games.
Speaker 1: We moved different, y'all. Y'all, y'all go ahead, y'all enjoy. Okay, I'm sorry me. Yeah, I ain't family.
Speaker 3: Like Harry.
Speaker 1: I'm teasing. I'm teasing.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: My my next question for you as it relates to this, uh.
Speaker 4: Are we going back to that? I thought we were not. Let's do it?
Speaker 3: No, yeah we can. We can go over now, let's do it.
Speaker 4: I like it. I do want to ask. Yeah I did.
Speaker 1: I had a question about it too, My, my, My next question for you is do you feel like you've been cheated out of any of the quote unquote rigging as a Lakers fan.
Speaker 3: No, Lakers, we haven't had like a fuck you trading. Actually I said that look of what traders in February. So, but CP three, I think was the one of the few times when the Lakers actually got got but buying large. For the most part, you guys are the favorite. You looking at the gassault trade back in the day, trading for his brother and Marcus saw ended up being a great player, but he wasn't ship at that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wasn't.
Speaker 3: And he never became pow. He just was. He was his own guy. So as much as the league talks about parody and being competitive at the end of the day, no disrespect to the Nuggets, but even looking at the playoffs right now, the ideal matchup as this stands, right now, you want Timberwolves Necks, right, you got the Julius Randall kat like, yeah, Yo, Kich is a fucking great story and God bless you, but that and fans got mad at me when it was that Nuggets he's there.
Speaker 4: I'm like, the league don't want this ship.
Speaker 2: I don't want this ship people are watching. I was watching the game with Langston last night and I was like, you know, how hard he to have your team be the least cool good team.
Speaker 4: And it's a great team.
Speaker 3: Nonetheless, I remember Westbrook guy, I love Joker, like I love that squad.
Speaker 1: But like as far as like cool guys on a buskeetball team, Nah, it's.
Speaker 3: Like Joker literally tell you to your face, this shit is just a job for me. I'll see y'all when I see y'all when it's done. I don't even like doing this shit or be around Josh.
Speaker 4: He watched to race horses on that little cardis gout.
Speaker 1: I watched the post game interview yesterday with you one where they catch them right at the a end and they were like asking him, like.
Speaker 4: Yo, you know, how'd you do what?
Speaker 1: It was this And the whole time he's just looking like this past the lady as he's talking to her. He don't give up. He's like, I'm I am, I am checked out of here.
Speaker 4: Going right back to the crib.
Speaker 2: And when we and when we do have cool guys, they don't want to be there. No, even for football, it's the same thing. They don't want to be Memo. Wasn't having a great time living in Denver?
Speaker 3: No, I like that. I like these mellow cruise, okam. I mean it was nice, great time.
Speaker 2: What what was it the twenty on nine Western Conference finals with you guys? That was like before I started comedy. And then maybe if I have a child or get married or whatever, that'll also be great. But that was the greatest time of my life. Like the bench was deep, it was it was man, it just felt so good. Yeah, you guys were fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Were on.
Speaker 1: We were exciting God, and it was it was like a bunch of dudes who, like the year before, were being labeled like knuckleheads and misstits buggets, Yeah, buggets.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: It was like, oh, we we've given up on these these terrible youth And then suddenly it.
Speaker 2: Became Barack Obama was president. I swear like that Nuggets team Barack Obama and the death of Michael Jackson pushed me to follow my dreams, move to California and start doing comedy.
Speaker 4: Was like, that's how much like if that doesn't happen, If that.
Speaker 2: Doesn't happen, I am a manager of a call center in Englewood, Colorado right now.
Speaker 1: That's a nasty little crossover of like perfect motivation.
Speaker 2: I forgot also duhy, but that doesn't matter, bro. It's like all that stuff stuff came together.
Speaker 1: No, because it's beautiful because because you you had all the motivation for yourself allah Barack Obama, you had all the personal joy in your life allah, the Nuggets, and then on top of that, you have all the motivation from fear allah Michael Jackson's life being cut short. You combine that ship profofall shout out to propofall you.
Speaker 3: I want that purple false I need my milk. I'm like, damn that milkound kind of good with it, but damn you know how bad I'm trying to go to bed right now. That nigga was sleeping good though.
Speaker 1: I got two kids. I could use some rest, Purple fuck please.
Speaker 3: I never heard the shi before that.
Speaker 4: It never came up.
Speaker 3: If the King of Pop is calling that ship his milk milk, I'm sure he was sleeping good as fun. That boy couldn't go to bed.
Speaker 1: They said he died multiple times before he actually died. This is the theory, is that literally he had died and they resuscitated him on different days. Man, and he was.
Speaker 3: Still like, give me ship my milk.
Speaker 1: Dad. Michael was already up out of here.
Speaker 3: He did enough, he accomplish. Yeah, you ain't got none for men. Niggas ain't getting on my level.
Speaker 1: So how much better was you going to get for him? It wasn't going to get better.
Speaker 4: That's sweat.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably the hard part about being truly great. It's something being truly truly great, is that the back end, it feels like, I mean, yeah, even if you have a family or whatever, you're like I was, I was number.
Speaker 1: One, and we already had done some man crying right there, Yeah, crying about it. Have some of the finest tequila made by a man who is.
Speaker 3: Interesting getting drunk on that Uniggs. Still let me give you fifty What the fuck I'd have left, came back, left, came back, made a movie. Still ain't doing ship Brown, still sun He really I'm a Lebron guy. But when I look at it from that limb, but.
Speaker 1: He really lives so high on the level above everyone that there was. We didn't even debate if there was a better person.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: Now every every fucking week somebody's claiming Lebron ain't the greatest, you know what I mean, Like he'll spend his life with that, even like as more players, they're gonna give it to Wimby so fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but do you know what I mean, Like we've seen it with Wimby and that's the whole thing. And this is the point because somebody asked me early on would I rather go Chet or Wimby?
Speaker 4: And I said Chet. But they're two big, tall dudes.
Speaker 3: But what we've seen, like the Yao ming and just when the dude is that tall, and you hope that winny because Wimby does everything to take care of his body. I think this blood cloud was just some unfortunate ship. But he's got to be able to sustain because we've seen it. When he plays, he's the highest level of that we've ever seen in our lives. It's a fucking cheat coat. But you're a big ass motherfucker. So y'all make ship. And because of a toe shack toe, and you know you just think about that.
Speaker 4: My damn toe hurt. I can't fuck it.
Speaker 3: I gotta retire life. It's a big toe, big toe, and that is the base of everything you got cracking. But as shorter hoopers like oh, I'll be good in a couple of weeks, like these niggas like I got, I'll check out.
Speaker 4: Come on my ship.
Speaker 3: Little you can you can take it up.
Speaker 4: I don't, but you hope like you want to.
Speaker 3: I mean, you see the dude when he plays, and just how phenomenal he is shooting threes, you know what I mean doing. But then it's like, all right, I had to miss this season. Hopefully they bounce back, you know, popkinting old having a stroll his old ass are trying to stick around too long, just as like you know, my last kind of thing. I'm gonna get back to the league and get won't be ready to go, so I can go on and do what I'm doing. But so Pop it his retirement shit. It was like, damn dog, Like seventy six nigga, you can't keep up with these young niggas.
Speaker 1: And you're you're just standing there. It's not like you're like running up and down, but there is a level of like just keep it logically, keeping up energy running up that you gotta match.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell everybody, encourage all you guys out there, Like I do a show with Gil, we go like two and a half hours live and like just sit on the couch, go sit in the gym, just stand up for two and a half hours walking around And I do that shit every single day. And see how much your back hurts your leg? I coach high school, my ship, my knees and back be are I gotta go take a seat in the big chair for a little bit too, like juvenile, but he's seventy six having to do that.
Speaker 1: It's like, come on, man, man, get it, get it out. You got a scowl when he doing it, he'd be mad. That wears on your body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it takes less bad. Nope, I have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, now we both let each other down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I'm sorry. You know it's a given and take relationship.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: You had would you you had the question that you said you wanted to ask.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just wanted to ask about the nineteen eighty five draft. How ballot manipulation, like the idea of it was frozen or it was bent or it was light.
Speaker 4: Do you heard you hear the different theories?
Speaker 2: Do you feel like that's a real possibility. I also want to ask because you said your dad was in the league. Yeah, does he have feelings on it as well?
Speaker 3: Well, he's still employed by the league, so he has no feelings working with the Milwaukee Bucks. Hopefully he stays out there. But I'm just like, you can do shit. I'm playing site right Like you know, I'm a big fan of magic. You see all these magic tricks, Like it's very easy to do shit and manipulate the eye and do all those type of things.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we're giving you.
Speaker 3: It's like, why do all that? Why not just worsting the league? It's the number one. Why do we go through all this shit? Right? Balls, all these different things. We want a competitive balance where you had three teams were literally the fucking worst teams in the league, and neither none of those three teams got the top three picks in this draft.
Speaker 1: What's funny is before nineteen eighty five, which was sort of the source of us starting this conversation that was so nineteen eighty five is the first official draft lottery, Yeah, which is why it was a big deal that Patrick Ewan got that. Before it was a coin flip between the first and second worst team in the league, which.
Speaker 3: Is how levers get magic. I mean, that's that's even silly in itself. It's like football has right, you are the fucking worst team in the NFL, you get the first pick. Yeah, yeah, let's keep it if you tanked or did whatever the fuck you did.
Speaker 4: And now it's like the league trying to punish tankers.
Speaker 3: So we're trying to punish your losers for losing by making you lose more, right, And that's how.
Speaker 2: You get You don't get people to come up on top, right, Like, it doesn't you don't.
Speaker 1: You can't get new blood that way. Yeah, unless you got doing I guess, well, and that's the argument it is that and well, I guess what makes it more complicated is that if this were rigging just for the sake of narrative. Right at the end of the day, what makes wrestling enjoying? Enjoyment, enjoy Have you got it?
Speaker 3: The reason niggas like wrestling is because.
Speaker 1: It is because they they ultimately are weaving the story with the intention of just selling you the best story, right right, But the NBA is going, well, I'll sell you the best story that serves financial fucking back end so large that they're almost hard to keep track of. But it's that makes it kind of wat.
Speaker 2: But it's also ultimately because they're serving the best story for the biggest crowd, their crowdsourcing it still and I would argue that is the same thing in w W is saying they're just letting the they don't have to worry about a market they have to worry about. We bring this wrestler out, what do they think of him? But they're still served.
Speaker 3: So has to dangle that carrid of small market teams being able to get to the highest level and win champion and ships. But when you talk about the league that's bitching about viewership and whatever, like the Lakers gonna have the worst team in the league. People are gonna watch those games, right, like the Knicks. Right now you're seeing Knicks Celtics that series, and I see it. When we do the show every day, people kind of bitch at us, like, man, you don't talk about cass. You don't talk about Pacers enough. And it's like when we do talk about it, you motherfuckers don't watch right, you didn't want to show already has opinions on how we should do the show whatever, But when y'all do it, like y'all don't talk about these teams either, and it's like, oh, but the Cats are doing so good. Yeah, but we know the casts are going to get packed up, Like, no disrespect to Cleveland love you guys. We knew the Caps are to get packed up allowing that, Like what the fuck you guys think is going on? Like we got the Celtics in the Knicks both playing high level basketball. You think even the Pacers now they got to deal with that, and by grace, they gotta Pacers be able to get to the finals.
Speaker 4: More power to them.
Speaker 3: But you got the Knicks or Celtics coming to town, Like, who do you think we want to get to these finals? So here's here's my question.
Speaker 4: To that.
Speaker 1: How how day today do you think they're actually able to to present these stories? I guess you know what I mean? Oh, like, how much control do they have over the day. I always took it to be like they're just setting it up so that this team is good this year. I didn't think they were setting it up in a way where they're like, a, right, calves are cooking, but we're gonna make sure that they don't get some.
Speaker 3: I mean, sometimes the teams will do that to themselves. But like you look at that uh Knick Celtics game, what game five? Whatever it was? Jaylm Brussey gets five fouls in the third quarter. This is the superstar of this team. But the series is three to one. Okay, I for I got five fouls in a single quarter. Right, that's just not That's not how it's going down. These ref know was going on. You're trying tell me the ref didn't know? Yeah, five, they're not tripping because Tatum goes down like shit, we gotta stretch it shit a little bit, a little bit. Like it's not they can't win a game like ship.
Speaker 4: We gotta stretch it a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not total manipulation. They're not They're not figuring out the box score. They're saying like, hey, do what you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly right out there. You still might be able to win with these variables. We're gonna make a little bit more difficult for you because that's what they can do.
Speaker 2: They can adjust factors, right, they can like adjust little things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, take somebody out, Like Halliburton got two fouls in the first quarter. I think they end up winning that game, but it's like, okay, going down.
Speaker 1: That's the argument you always see with like they they made it a bunch with Draymond in the in the playoffs this year of him just tackling and falling and tacking.
Speaker 3: Like Draymond found loopholes though, because like they weren't fouls, so they had to be text So he had like all together, I want to say, like nine or ten of them. He can get combined before you either get suspendish. I can get like three fragrance and fucking five texts and I still get they were literally a favorite fouls that's just found me being him in the head. It's not a foul on me because the foul has already been caught. I'll just give him a tex at stand all right, he can stay in the game.
Speaker 2: And that's that's some five games suspension for bringing a gun, thinking.
Speaker 4: Jill mastermind.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you talk to Gil, and Gil literally gene because he'll literally explain, I'll tell you guys like you And I saw, like I think Telfair had had to say, situation.
Speaker 4: He got like two games.
Speaker 3: I saw Stephen Jackson like shot a gun in front of a strip club, and he might have got three or four. So I'm like, shit, I ain't getting no more than five. This is president. But now he comes, you know, thinking he's he's a genius to David Stir, and David Stir's like, fuck you, nigga, like yeah, you're gonna take these fifty games.
Speaker 4: I'll let you keep your bread, but you're gonna take this fifty man.
Speaker 3: I see why ESPN was scared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: It took them a minute and then they were like, I don't know because if he think like that, he might say.
Speaker 3: Something on camera that we don't. But but you can't. We can't sponsor anymore. Like he's fucking what was I think he was like yoker, just like the worst three time MVP ever some shit. Yeah, but when you look at the numbers, it's like, well, who's he better than on this list? It's like Larry Bird, Lebron whatever. It wasn't like a slide of yokers, but he knows how to They're the pot of people.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: They'll be like, fuck you idiots, you don't know what you're talking about. Then they go, look like, here's the list. Yeah man, you know, like all right, fine, like whatever, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, there's nobody you would actually put it.
Speaker 3: You can't put him, you know, you can't put it. That's no disrespect to Joker. But he really literally like thinks about this ship and I hear him sation. He he words it very specifically just to fuck with people, just to see you prove me wrong. But when he's on his pen, he's in the suit, he's doing what we got to do, so is straight, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but I know was scared of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, he tells the story like he did uh the jump or whatever it was back in the day, and he's like, all right, what what what words can I say on TV? So they give him the list. Here's the words you can't say. He's like, oh shit, douchebags not on here, So I'm gonna use that. And then it's like, yeah, like come on, Doug, Like man, I respect that level of petty and diligence to loopholeing.
Speaker 1: Do you when when this loophole in, when all the different sort of like strategies are in play, do you feel like there's something dangerous in the way that like we are now always aware of it before it actually even plays itself out.
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 3: Well, I think going into this ship, you can make the jokes about Maps getting the number one pick or whatever, but that shit is so far fetched you don't think it's gonna happen, And then you sit there and watch it happen real time. You watched six Ers get the third pick. He talking about a mass team that was in the NBA Finals last season, talking about a mass team that, without injuries to Kyrie and a D would be a top five, top six team in the West this season. So now you're literally telling me a team that has championship level aspirations trades away their franchise guy gets a D in that crew, which is still a very formidable team if they're healthy, And now we're gonna add Cooper flag to it because Kyrie is down for you know, most of the next season, and we still need you guys to be competitive. So here take the number one overall pick.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, it doesn't add up one of the biggest names, buzzing, one of the talking about.
Speaker 1: But then but then I go, but as a fan, right if I'm thinking about it more as like a fan of this whole thing. When I really loved wrestling was what I believed in wrestling. Yeah, and now it's this era of wrestling where nobody believes in it. Even kids don't believe in wrestling.
Speaker 4: Well, kids are assholes now, and they're intelligent more than me.
Speaker 3: They can operate an iPad better than me, Like, now, you gotta do this like eight years old ago.
Speaker 1: I guess I worry that that then takes the enjoyment out of it if I become too self aware inside of the inside of the beasts, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Gil scares me.
Speaker 1: I guess it's is that he's just exposed the whole thing and that I'm gonna be a dumb dumb who thought magic was real.
Speaker 3: But I think we all got to just watch with him as we grew up watching wrest and we grew up watching all these sports. I grew up watching the NBA. I read an article and just take that ship to face value. Now, it's like I saw something the other day about rust came out the ESPN article. It's anonymous players, and I was asking the guys on the couch, I'm like, can you tell who the snitch in the locker room is? He's like, yeah, just go go see the first person she comes up to when she pulls up, or who's the who.
Speaker 4: You in the locker room?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 3: You know, God damn well, it's one of you. Two niggas right here are the ones who did? He said, all this ship in my ass. I know he's not talking to her, he don't funk with her like her, but she walk in and who she wapping up in? Fuckingout that? So we used to read these things and like you watched the Last Dance and I think it was like Horace Grant, who was the one on that team that was kind of breaking all the information down or whatever.
Speaker 4: We would just take all that ship to face value.
Speaker 3: So I would say, if this guy's bad in the locker room, like you've heard all this stuff about Russ's whole life like Russell you Steel, like I'm known Russ since he was a young pup, like has all this negativity surrounding from a fan standpoint, and the media kind of feed into that.
Speaker 4: But everybody who's played with Russ.
Speaker 3: Buying large, nobody always available, fucking you know, works his ass off. Fucking that's a good culture in the locker room. But you see Nigga miss a couple of lambs to shoot a couple shots off the backboard, and you put this narrative out there.
Speaker 4: He's just like the worst human being ever. And when he says you, he means me last night.
Speaker 3: Okay, but that's the Westbrook experience, Livom.
Speaker 4: We experience.
Speaker 3: You'll be ready to choke his south. Then he'll come to get a big steel here.
Speaker 4: Crazy exactly, that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: But it's every it doesn't stop. Every game is one way or the other. Sometimes you get both within the span of like two minutes.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he really sends you on a journey.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: That's true, and that is in atainment. That's entertainment, and we got to take a break. We need to take a break. We're gonna take one more break and then we're going to do some voicemails. We'll probably give them one voicemail. We'll be back with more. Josiah Johnson or my mama told me.
Speaker 12: Hey, would you say that you're racist?
Speaker 3: Not at all. No, Look at a dog. He's as black as can be.
Speaker 2: Come on, we're back. We're back as the blacknest could be.
Speaker 13: Shout out to the dogs, shouting out to them, dogs, dog damn.
Speaker 3: They get so racist. It's Spanish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, uh. We we want to do a voicemail with you, or listen to a voicemail from one of our little mama's at home and see what they talking about.
Speaker 8: Here we go readings niggas, niggas wiggers and.
Speaker 1: Well, right, yeah, I don't I don't like that.
Speaker 4: I don't like that he yet, I don't like that he put that in there.
Speaker 1: That feels odd that he makes me.
Speaker 4: I don't know which at anything that that's the rest.
Speaker 2: I've also never heard the term wig at till today.
Speaker 4: I've seen it. I've seen it.
Speaker 1: I've seen it for sure. I Yeah, white people, I think are trying to do a little magic trick with that word wigger.
Speaker 4: H oh, like it's not.
Speaker 1: I think they're trying to make it a bad word.
Speaker 4: No, you think so.
Speaker 1: I think white people are now trying to be like I shouldn't say that. They're the ones who say, and that's their And then I think it becomes this magic trick of it suddenly like our responsibility to police some ship that we didn't even make up in the first one.
Speaker 3: That's it always goes Now it's d I is the the safe word for yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was like, damn, everybody got hired just if they're not a white man, Like they just went unqualified and uncapable of doing anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like everybody doesn't have jobs. No, it's crazy who they'll call it D? I hired where it's like, hey, man, I get it, I get it. You whoever's that your work might be upsetting you. But we got to chill with how we're labeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I say it every day now. I'm just like, wow, man, they really flipped the script. But woke how that became? Yeah, I don't want any woke shit here.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: They don't know it or not it's too woke. It's like, huh what does that mean? Yeah, it's nasty define it.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 2: No, you don't want to talk about that part, all right, enough, I just keep doing what I do anyways, wig as wig ats.
Speaker 1: Let's find out what they're talking about.
Speaker 8: All right. So check this out, y'all. My mama told me white people love to see black people slip. Hear me out, not just black people, but black boys mucifically.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 8: Now, think about this. Anytime you've gone to a basketball game, whether at a big arena where it's college or pro or whatever, they would always have mainly college, they would always have some underprivileged group come in and do flips in front of everybody. At halftime, you got skinny niggas doing something, twists and double axles and all kinds of shit. And I grew up in Tennessee, where you know, we had a whole group that did this thing. And the crazy thing about it, it was called flip. Oh means it gets dark. The word around the campfire was that Flippo was actually getting these boys booty.
Speaker 1: Oh my flip.
Speaker 8: I believe dude with the jail forward, or at least he was charged with it.
Speaker 3: Flippo.
Speaker 8: You know that, you know you cannot have a legit dude trying to get young boys to turn flips for white folks. You can't have him doing that. And beyond you know he's trying.
Speaker 2: To get those Some of these guys are just gymnastics coach.
Speaker 3: You gotta relax.
Speaker 4: Say, this thing was so many different places.
Speaker 3: I was rolling with the black man flipping part, and I'm like, damn, they do have niggas be flipping it.
Speaker 4: But this feels like a personal thing.
Speaker 1: I guess Flippo got crazy flip. I feel like Flippo's worst enemy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like and I heard the nigga was sucking them kids.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bro, that's different than the conspiracy.
Speaker 1: You bro, you bring in some some personal ship Flippo situation.
Speaker 3: They call a number and leave this voice. Yeah, just go as long as they want.
Speaker 1: They can go, like two and a half minutes.
Speaker 4: Because that was fucking journey.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's not done.
Speaker 1: I will say I will say uh on the subject of the little Black Boys slipping. My former stepfather I famously uh spoken about this. My former stepfather was Benning the Bull at one point. Okay, wow, I did not know that he was, in fact the most infamous Benning the Bull of all time because he got fired for selling weed after a game to one of the players. Your hero's journey is so crazy, and and just to top it all off, he didn't become my stepfather until after all of that.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, wow, just way way.
Speaker 1: After we could have benefited from any of his success.
Speaker 14: How did they find out he was? He was? He was weighing three point five grams.
Speaker 3: Taking that off of you to give him you don't take care of his man. I wonder if the players team cat among surveillance camera, like I.
Speaker 1: Think it was caught on surveillance camera.
Speaker 3: Haters, man, Yeah, did you was that the Nuggets game or the Wolves game? And did yesterda dude do the he did? It's on Twitter right now, but he's boom boom hit it up. But which one of the games?
Speaker 4: On Twitter? All day? I was like, bold, it's either Nuggets or Timber. That sounds like something.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's one of them things where where, especially as a white person, you go like, I mean, what are they really gonna do about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, I mean, yeah, what are they going to You can't sell we do the players like, no, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I genuinely it's crazy, but also it's like, well, you knew what they would do about it. But I bring all that up to say that he was a part of a group called the Jesse White Tumblers, which was sort of like famous group of little black boys that do flips across the city of Chicago. Okay, it was like Flippos flip town. If niggas are flipping, they are Jesse White.
Speaker 4: Tumblers, and without Jesse White exactly flip in this town. You give me my kick back.
Speaker 3: I heard there's a boy over here who liked to flip.
Speaker 1: Hey for that mattress to get moved.
Speaker 11: Flippo holding down Tennessee, Damn man. I mean, that's a different thing than what we need to be. He's he that's personal. I do believe him about Flippo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wouldn't have done that.
Speaker 3: He felt inclined and inspired to leave a voicemail, Yeah, to give you a whole conspiracy about flipping at games and looking at a little black boys flip to let you know that Flippo was out there grabbing booty.
Speaker 1: And I think that maybe that's why that conspiracy was triggering for him. Yeah, He's like, now I've seen that I've seen the history. I know how there, I know what they have to go through to get here. And if it's just for white entertainment, then that is there's something malicious happening.
Speaker 8: I mean, think about this Jordan Childs. She grew up in the hood. She's from Compton, but she's a small lady. She's a gymnast. I know dudes that turn flips that grew up in the hood. They weren't gymnasts. They were so shall think about that. Every time you see a group of black boys flipping, turning flips for exhibition, it's for white people. They love that she is flipping. I do hope y'all see titty today.
Speaker 4: That was really nice, man. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: He really hope that you myself titties today. Yeah, No, I do like that.
Speaker 2: I will say, now that I'm thinking about it, I think that black people flip at a higher percentage.
Speaker 4: Than any other rate. Are we more acrobatic? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I've seen more black men flip than any other race.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I seen I never black men are the only ones that I seen. Fat guys. Yeah, I never seen a fat like I do a flip.
Speaker 1: There's those two Spanish dudes that do that, the two fat that flip.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but I'm saying that's as.
Speaker 1: Close rocket shirt you're talking about when they're like popping and.
Speaker 3: The trade spaces. I still don't even know how it works.
Speaker 1: I just know that one flipped over the other and practice that.
Speaker 3: I don't think that was their first time. They're like experts are doing that, and they saved that for those moments. They do that every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to do that. You learn to do that in a basement.
Speaker 1: They wake up, they brushed their teeth, they practiced a flip, then they have breakfast. That Yeah, I I I do like what he's saying though about sort of this being a grander black The fact that black kids, black men specifically are not being like fed into a gymnastics community does feel sinister.
Speaker 2: In some brothers and gymnastics. But he got that in Europe, right, my little brothers, like a world class.
Speaker 4: He's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like world classes international competition there. He did one Internet one or two international where it's like seven or eight.
Speaker 1: That's real good in his world class. Yeah, you were trying to be protective to not like make him suddenly an Olympian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't want to seem like that, but he is like top top tier. Hell, but they didn't do that for him in America. You had to move to Europe before that. In America, my man was just trying to play soccer and ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I I think I think it's exactly that.
Speaker 1: I think it's this strange lack of instinct for putting black boys into gymnastics spaces, which is why when there's like a black dude on the team, it's like, oh, oh, where where'd that come from? But the whole time they've been telling us we're the most athletic people and we're equipped to win every sport, then why not gymnastics?
Speaker 3: Right, that's fair, That is fair. They said, just got to flip it basketball game for.
Speaker 1: Yeah king lot.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's where you see the chef the Jesse White Tumblers came out for a three on three tournament I did when I was in sixth grade.
Speaker 3: Man, that's shit's low, you know what I mean? Like that wasn't.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 1: I think we were going to split like one hundred and fifty dollars check.
Speaker 4: Flip for the love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, they flew.
Speaker 1: They drove them from the South Side to get to us.
Speaker 2: Three amount of black men. I've seen flip with no formal coaching. They just figured that out, which is brave, which is just joked around trying to do a foot to figure out you could do that, there's like a level of bravery you have to.
Speaker 1: It's extremely brave. They don't even have you, or they didn't have YouTube to like teach them the beginning steps. They just figured out they could do it. They just jumped off a thing and they were like, I didn't I didn't die, So yeah, I think I can do that now. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm with you. Flipo is maybe your own thing, but I am. I'm against footbo as well, but I'm with your conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I rock with it.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not going to write any letters on behalf or against flip Oh. I'm staying out of it. But I do believe Flip Oh is a criminal, and I hope that he's he's met accountability.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, I think we did it. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: This is great. This is so good. Can you tell the people where they can find you.
Speaker 4: I'm at the stage of my life.
Speaker 3: I don't want anybody to find me anymore, so I just appreciate y'all let me pull up, because they start finding and start asking for jobs and ship and I don't have job. I'm barely trying to keep my job. But now on what is it x now, King Joe Side fifty four, I'm on threads now too. I'm really trying to do some things off red threads a little bit more peaceful, less cancer wishes death, threads a little bit more more night. But I also missed of robots over there though. But my thing with threads is like I missed that ship too. I need one or two just to keep me on my toes every once in a while. Be if it ain't my best ship, like please pack me up. Yeah you you.
Speaker 1: You really got to search through the crates on threads to get the nasty sort of like gutter stuff, and I do. I feel the same way.
Speaker 3: I miss it a little bit, like yeah, one or two is fine, but just not the plethora of it. But yeah, King Josiah on a social media King Josign fifty four, excuse me, let me remember, because.
Speaker 4: I want King to Side to get all the love. Yeah, yeah, my ship the fifty fourth in line, fifty.
Speaker 1: Fourth in line, but but number one here to go, appreciate it and boy what you got?
Speaker 4: Cool guy?
Speaker 2: Joke City seven on Instagram, little Field, Brooklyn, New York, June fifteenth, That's the one I'm gonna be. I got some Bay Area dates a week before that. I don't have them in front of me. Little Field, Brooklyn, New York, June fifteenth. Hell yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Follow me at Langston Kerman on all social media platforms. Watch my special it's called Bad Poetry. It's on Netflix, and most importantly, like subscribe, rate review, send us your own thoughts conspiracies. If you have a team that you think got rigged out of the opportunity, send it all to my Mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you, and call us at eight four four Little Moms. We love hearing your sweet voices and your nasty conspiracies, and most importantly, call your mama Bye, bitch. My Mama Told Me is aduction of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Creet it and hosted by Langston Kreukin co hosted by David Bori Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Olivia Akilon. Co produced by Bee Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin.
Speaker 1: Kommon, music by Nick Chambers.
Speaker 4: Artwork by Dogon Kriga.
Speaker 1: You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel