Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Made it to a Thursday. We got football coming up tonight. Come on in, it's our one on the program. Gang's all here. The Minister of Humor is a little under the weather and we're trying to debate if having a cold means you're sick. But Fritzi is here. He somehow made it and it's heroic.
Speaker 3: It's a miracle.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Uh, give me the audience a little bit of what they can expect to hear today.
Speaker 3: I have a little bit of a froggy kind of voice. Okay, knows this stuff and it's affecting my So it's a cold. It's a cold with with a chance for to advance to being sick.
Speaker 4: Oh, it could have advance like.
Speaker 3: A player to be named later cold with the prospect of it becoming of course, and being said, hopefully I'll just stay a cold.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, you got your Peyton Manning Colts jersey on today day Eli's coming on today.
Speaker 3: I don't have an Eli Manning jersey, So I put a Peyton Manning jersey. I'm not even a Bronco when I put a cult one.
Speaker 2: On it, right, So Todd is a little under the weather, although we're not sure of having a cold. Old means you're sick. Could go either way, but we do have the glass partition between seatan and Fritzy.
Speaker 4: He's not going to fall for a banana and the tailblap either. No, No, he's not.
Speaker 5: He's not.
Speaker 3: So PAULI may be concerned about getting a waft. Is it because I'm coming.
Speaker 2: Straight to well, there's no glass. We have enough distance, I think, Okay, never enough distance. Okay, yeah, So Seaton's here, Marvin, Paulie, yours truly the back room guys as well. We're already in mid show form. Here is Todd. I thought Todd. I mean, not many people limp when they have a cold, but it felt like Todd was limping when he came in today.
Speaker 3: I think that's just a hemorrhoids thing. But they try to, you know, make it sound like it's a bigger deal.
Speaker 4: No, we're not doing that too.
Speaker 2: No stat of the stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Rapid Radios We Love Him, Instant push to talkualkie talkies with national coverage for a limited time. Go to rapid Radios dot Com sixty percent off, free shipping, free protection bag ad Code Radio get an extra five percent off. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock. Thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio over four hundred cities carrying this program. A little bit later on the aforementioned Eli Manning will stop by our good buddy Ross Tucker as well. It's the Bills at the Dolphins and the Dolphins favored by two and a half. It's a big game. It's a big game early Week two, and this is a perception win for the Dolphins if they beat Buffalo. Now they're supposed to, but still they're one in six against Buffalo. Here's to a tongue of ioloa on that perception that the Dolphins can't beat Buffalo.
Speaker 6: That's going to be what's written out there until we do something about that. That's going to be the narrative that we can't beat the Bills. And until we do beat them, we beat them consistently like none of that's going to change. And we have an opportunity to do that this year.
Speaker 4: We have an opportunity to do that. This Thursday.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not gonna say must win, but it kind of is inching closer to a must win against this team who you're going to be going against again. Now, the must must win for me is December when you face Buffalo. I think that's the next time the home at home. That's what I want to know. Can Miami win a game in Buffalo late in the year. They should win this game in Miami. They should win this game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Pauline, are you doing the must ish winning of the weekend in Week two?
Speaker 2: I Week two mustish win? Okay, Okay, that'd be a record, But I'm doing a must ish win for the Jets against the Titans as well.
Speaker 8: Keep going, bringing in Big Fella.
Speaker 4: The Bengals against the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: I can't say that's a must ish win because it I mean, they're what a touchdown underdog in that game, But it's like a semi semi semi must ish win.
Speaker 9: I'm comfortable saying that the Ravens must win. They must beat the Raiders. Ish is it feels like a mustish win?
Speaker 2: Well, how many mustish wins are there this weekend? I mean, I would say Miami, that's a Mustish win against Buffalo. Definitely, definitely. And I think the Jets going on the road, just the fact that they start over and two it's an avalanche. It's just everybody's waiting. And now Aaron Rodgers says, hey, if you're jumping off the bandwagon, we don't want you back on later in the year. Like we don't need to hear that. Just play football. Don't worry about who's on a bandwagon and who's not. And then you know the timing aspect of Aaron Rodgers is going to put out a documentary on Aaron Rodgers by Aaron Rodgers, and it calls it enigma. I mean, come on, like you, I would never call myself an enigma, but Aaron is calling himself an enigma in this spiritual journey, and let's put out a documentary.
Speaker 4: God, we're not even two weeks into the NFL season.
Speaker 3: Yes, Todd must win Cowboys home against the Saints, even though the Saints blew out a terrible Panthers team. Don't doubts they have to win that game. No, take them really, no, No, they lose to the Saints at home and they're supposed to go to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Every year and this maybe this, Well, nobody has them going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: This year, but they think that they should be right there.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, they've thought that for thirty years. But this is it.
Speaker 2: I don't think this is must winish mustish win for the Cowboys. You know, the Saints played really well. Now, do I think the Saints are a playoff team?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: But would I be surprised if the Saints won that game. I wouldn't, not the way they played, and they do have weapons. They got you know, both sides of the ball. But I don't think that's mustiche win. Yes, Martin.
Speaker 5: What about the Browns at Jacksonville?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I don't know if that's well, Jacksonville's favored. I think if you're a home team like Miami's home tonight, favored by two and a half, you have to win this game. Perception wise, you have to win this game. I'd say that's the most mustish win so far of Week two.
Speaker 7: Yes, I would throw in Colts at Packers mustiche for the Packers. No, Jordan Love, stay afloat. You don't want to go oh and two and that you know you have a bad month.
Speaker 4: I'll give you that mustache ish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll give you an ish a lot of issue, absolutely any other issues.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tom, Do.
Speaker 3: The Giants have to win at Washington or just not get blown out and look absolutely powerble against the Hut and Garnet.
Speaker 2: They mustish not look terrible again. Washington has to win this game. Yes, this is must lose thish for the Giants. The Giants are doing exactly what they need to do. They want the first pick of the draft. It's over Johnny. They can get out of their quarterback situation at the end of this year with Daniel Jones and comfortably draft his replacement.
Speaker 4: So you think they're already thinking about tanking.
Speaker 7: Not tanking, but the best thing that could happen for the Giants. They're not competing for anything this year. If you get the number one pick of the draft, you get to reset your franchise and calmly move on from Daniel Jones.
Speaker 9: Do you think Brian Dable has the latitude to walk into ownership and say, hear me out, I got idea. Just listen to me. Hear me out once again. We're just gonna tank this season. Trust me, I'm gonna do better with the next guy.
Speaker 2: But look, you gotta keep me though, because not many guys gonna sit through a season like this where we're gonna win three games. Like, promise me, I get to keep my job, but I'm going to do a really good job of not putting a quality.
Speaker 4: Team out there. Trust me, it's gonna be so good.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put the game plan in Danny Dime's hands.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, I'm not sure the Giants have to try to tank this. I think it could happen organically.
Speaker 2: See, I think they're going to be better than what people expect out of them.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: It might be five or six wins, but they they got a good receiver.
Speaker 4: I don't know. They got some defensive players.
Speaker 2: I like your doubting yourself. I know, I am, I am, I'm mister doubt fire. Yes, Marvin, they changed their throwback uniforms. They'll be in perfect shape.
Speaker 11: They go back to the Lawrence Taylor, Phil SAMs whoa perfect celebrate.
Speaker 12: One hundred years. Let's go, come on, Giants. He was with me, nobody see what's Paul questioned today? Well, we're gonna.
Speaker 9: Start with two that I thought were fairly obvious answers.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe I'm wrong, Okay, one of which we've already hit on. Do you consider having a being sick?
Speaker 3: Yes or no?
Speaker 4: Let's go around the road. I thought that's fairly obvious, Seaton.
Speaker 2: Do you think Fritzy having a cold means Fritzy is sick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, okay, Marvin, Yes, Paulie.
Speaker 7: No, a cold means you're under the weather, which is the little brother of sick.
Speaker 8: But you're not sick.
Speaker 4: It's sick.
Speaker 5: Is the flu?
Speaker 4: That is such a nonsense.
Speaker 8: A cold is not the flu.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm going to agree with Paully from the standpoint of you can have a cold.
Speaker 4: I don't think you would feel sick.
Speaker 5: It's sick ish.
Speaker 4: You sound sick. So if you were under the weather, okay, that would be akin to being more or less healthy.
Speaker 7: Less healthy than the normal day. Okay, Well we're talking about sick. So if you were to look.
Speaker 9: Up under the weather, what comes up is uh, if you say the phrase under the weather, that means you are feeling slightly ill slightly okay. However, then the word ill, unwell, poorly sick. Those are all cinnamon ill sinnish illish illage.
Speaker 4: I think Todd is ill ish.
Speaker 3: We're all technically under the weather unless you're on a plane above a certain number of feet.
Speaker 4: Now, I think under the weather stems from you.
Speaker 8: You're going to bypass.
Speaker 4: He's just let's not spend any more time on that. Yeah, I just said blue by that.
Speaker 5: But if you don't have a fever, you have to have a fever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then you're sick.
Speaker 3: But if you don't have a fever and just have a stuffy nose, no, you just.
Speaker 2: Sound like you're gotta stuck. Yeah, I don't think you're sick. Could you stay home from school?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can probably finagle that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I wasn't like that, though. I like getting the one hundred percent attendance certificate.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 9: Over the seventeen years of just this version of working with Todd, plus the three at ESPN, so it's almost twenty twenty, now I know his patterns of feeling under the weather like the back of my hand. In three days from now, this is going to turn into the most horrendous guttural cough we've ever heard, because it's going to move from his cute little button nose down into his hellish lungs. And at that point on Monday, when we hear Todd doing the is he going to be more or less sick or is it still just going to be like what he's just coughing.
Speaker 2: No, I think he's on the doorstep of being sick. But then it feels like he's always on the doorstep every six weeks pretty much.
Speaker 3: Once you start flirting with strapdoat and pneumonia, that is more sick, I would agree.
Speaker 4: I think you just sound sick. I think you're fine, you know what. I think part of it is too. I think that Todd, when he does get sick like this is the precursor.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 9: He's not fully blown sick yet, but he will be soon. His lips turn white, his whole face goes gray. He is No one goes from having a cold to within forty eight hours being on death's door faster than Todd. I'm not even kidding. I'm not kidding. He goes right, He's going to have a horrendous fever sometime in the next forty eight hours. We all know how this goes. We've seen it a hundred thousand times.
Speaker 4: I can't argue. I can't.
Speaker 2: But since I am hr I'm the boss here. I have to be you know, aware of Todd's feelings. How you know how he's feeling, and who thinks Todd should.
Speaker 4: Be sent home?
Speaker 5: That's nice?
Speaker 2: Wait, do you want them?
Speaker 3: No, I'm I'm happy that no one thinks that I'm in a situation where I get away from me go home. You should get no business being here now.
Speaker 2: I would only send you home if I thought other people could get sick.
Speaker 4: That'd be it.
Speaker 2: Which you keep saying that it's just you got a stuffed up nose and that's it.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the last thing I want to be is incentive to thinking that, like I, who cas about everyone else? I just want to go to work and if I get anybody stick too bad?
Speaker 4: You don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: I do not like you, and I help my presence here. Doesn't you know suggest that, like I don't care about other people catching a cold or something, because that's not my intention by being.
Speaker 4: Here today, not your intention.
Speaker 2: You didn't say, hun, I'm going to work and I'm going to get everybody sick, all right?
Speaker 3: No, I kept you from the get go and said I'm going to sit further away. We have the partition up and stuffing. I'm trying to make sure I'm not near anybody and still.
Speaker 4: Doing the other poll question today.
Speaker 9: This is also what I thought was fairly obvious, but maybe it's more up for debate. Is it the quarterback's job to make sure his top receiver gets more touches?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to talk about this with Kyler Murray because they have Marvin Harrison Junior, the third and he got three targets against Buffalo, and that's not his job. Apparently it's not the quarterback's job.
Speaker 14: Me.
Speaker 2: Okay to the quarterback, Yeah, Kyler talks about this. You know, let's take a break. We'll bring that to your attention if you haven't heard it.
Speaker 4: But I love that guy.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 4: Do you want some vitamin C?
Speaker 13: Todd?
Speaker 4: Is there anything this morning? Okay?
Speaker 3: I take my supplements and my vitamins and I have fucking candies to the throat the hole what it off drops, lootens.
Speaker 5: Halls, all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Can you some chicken noodle soup if you're offering it? If you're I know sometimes you're busy in the kitchen making stuff.
Speaker 4: I am busy. I mean, I'm entertaining a nation but if I have to worry about making.
Speaker 2: Me vicount make some soup for you some chicken noodle, maybe I could have, you know, one of the backroom guys go out and get you some chicken noodles.
Speaker 13: They do.
Speaker 2: Everybody has other roles here today, but uh, you know, just to get you through thoughts and prayers. All right, take a break, We'll be back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 15: Hey, gang, this is Jay Glazer, host of Unbreakable, a mental wealth.
Speaker 10: Podcast, and every week we will have on leader from sports entertainment like Sean McVay, Lindsay Vaughn, Michael Phelp, David Spade, Got Fiery.
Speaker 5: Also those who can help us in between the ears.
Speaker 15: Anyone from a therapist to someone like Ed Milett for John Gordon. We've all been through some sort of adversity to get to the top.
Speaker 10: We've all used different tools.
Speaker 15: Listen to Unbreakable with Jay Glazer and Mental Wealth podcast on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: I saw this story great headline PAC twelve rebuilding the conference targeting Boise State, San Diego State, Fresno State, Colorado State, they already have Washington State, Oregon State. Let's go. I'm excited about the possibility of keeping the PAC twelve. We'll have more on that coming up a little bit later on phone calls are welcome each seven to seven three DP show Operator Tyler is sitting by waiting for your phone calls. We'll settle on our pole question, is having a cold mean that you're sick? Todd came in with a cold and we're debating whether he is sick or not. Pete in New York, Hi, Pete, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: Six? Five?
Speaker 13: And I have two suggestions.
Speaker 16: First off, is there anybody you could possibly hook up an exhaust than to that cone of shame, so that way we wouldn't have to worry about Todd keetting.
Speaker 13: Other people sick?
Speaker 5: Fair?
Speaker 16: And then I can't believe you guys have not come out with this yet. Why have you not put in mass production the Crappensburg steak eulog ornament for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, we're on that now.
Speaker 9: That's a pretty strong idea. That is great I don't know if we've made enough Christmas ornaments.
Speaker 2: Yesule log, Yes, a muel log from Crappensburg, Stay, I love it. Yes, Yes, all right, we'll see if we can come up with that. I put the cone of silence over Fritzi. You can still hear him, but it's a it's a a cone of protection.
Speaker 4: I think, get a little hot in here?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 17: In there?
Speaker 3: I am actually okay. In about five minutes, that can change drastically.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody else, I think feels safer. They do now that I have the cone of silence.
Speaker 4: Jr. In Illinois, Hi Jr? What do you have?
Speaker 17: Hey, Bob?
Speaker 18: Six whole question. I think, if you're able to come to work, you're under the weather. But if you have to stay home, stay home from school, you are definitely sick. Todd, I love you, but I have to ask at Marvin not come in after getting the wisdom teeth pulled as you come in today? Is there's something else going on here?
Speaker 3: That's a very good point. He's made it very competitive. He set the bar, and all of a sudden you come back the same day, like an hour later from dental surgery. I'm going to stay home because I'm sniffling, that's not an option.
Speaker 2: Well, we did bring that up to Todd, and thank you Jr. Because Todd, I think feels like Marvin was showing off a little bit by coming back from having surgery and really, I think getting a statement across to everybody here, including the Dan che.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gauze in his mouth that he's sitting there. What is that about?
Speaker 2: He did he had some oral surgery there, but he came in after getting it done and took the lead most valuable dan at Yes, I think.
Speaker 9: Well, I have a couple of thoughts on this one. Todd was coming in sick long before we even knew Marvin. For a dozen years before Marvin even got here. Todd was on death's door, horribly ill and was still sitting right next to us all so that excuse doesn't fly.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 9: Also, I'm not taking away from Marvin's heroics because that was Are we forgetting that Todd was the original guy sitting in his chair with blood all over his shirt because his wounds from surgery had not healed properly and he was still that was in the old studio. He got a lot of mileage out of that he did. He did, he did. He's still a thing though, that he was still he was bleeding through his shirt because his wounds from surgery hadn't healed.
Speaker 4: He was our Kurt Shilling.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 2: And there were some people I'm not going to name names who thought that maybe Todd wasn't really bleeding.
Speaker 9: Maybe there was some my Kurt Shilling doctor. Yes, elective surgery. Yes, more like Kurt Shilling than we thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially when I dipped a French fry onto the floods.
Speaker 4: I want to do that a lot of fraud.
Speaker 2: But Todd is here. It's an amazing, amazing story warrior. Yeah, of course he baby.
Speaker 9: Early results on the poll question, by the way, do you consider having a cold being six? Sixty two percent say yes? Okay, that means almost forty percent say no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with the forty percent sixty percent or soft forty percent.
Speaker 4: You're with me? You're with me, leather, yes, Paul Dan.
Speaker 7: Let's say you had a golf foursome with some buddies planned for Saturday morning, okay, and one of your buddies calls you up said I can't make it, man, I'm sick.
Speaker 8: Oh really, yeah, I've got a cold. Come on, dude, you give him the command.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Now, if you said I'm sick, I've got the flu, gotcha, man? Stay home?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 9: Now, what if we have the exact same person, but you're on a flight to Los Angeles sitting next to each other, and he's.
Speaker 14: Like, Hey, I woke up feeling like crap today, but don't worry, I'm not sick. Well, you may not feel and be like what the hell, dude, put a mask on or something. Then I don't want to sit next to you. Make sure your air's blowing on your face then so we don't get all that crap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you might get somebody else sick or whatever you have by being next to them. That doesn't mean you're sick. That means you have a cold, like Michael Jordan. If Jordan had a cold instead of the flu, I mean a cold.
Speaker 4: Game does it? Called the brown bottle cold? That's true, Called the brown bottle flu?
Speaker 2: That's true. Well, he had food poisoning. Oh, that's right, said he had food poison we're journalists bad. So if Jordan had a head cold, it just wouldn't resonate. He had the flu. Sounds far more impressive. Oh he had a head cold. Oh my god, that's incredible.
Speaker 9: Under the weather game doesn't sound quite a masculine.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jordan's sick question. Mark Bulls win over the Utah Jazz. All right, let me see. So there's a story that is coming out. After the Cardinals had a chance to beat the Buffalo Bills, Kyler Murray missed a wide open Marvin Harrison Junior, the third Great Game Competitive Game had a kickoff return for a touchdown. And here is the question posed to Kyler Murray, the Cardinals quarterback.
Speaker 13: What they take away Marvin?
Speaker 19: Honestly, man, I wouldn't say they was taking them away. I think you know, I'm just as a quarterback. Obviously you're going through your red Sometimes the ball goes to them, but that's not you know, it's not my job.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 19: You know, I have a I have a sense and a feel for guys when they don't get the ball, when they're you know, when they are getting the ball.
Speaker 2: But you know, I'll leave that up to Drew.
Speaker 19: You know, Drew always, you know, he tells me, don't worry about that type of stuff. Just keep playing a game and you know, get the ball to where the ball was supposed to go.
Speaker 2: All right, you have a guy that you spent a top five draft pick on, widely considered to be one of the great wide receivers to come out of college in a long, long time. You target him only three times. Now, the quote that's coming out of Kyler Murray saying it's not my job. I think if you gave him a mulligan, he might have a better way of softening that. We have to come up with a better game plan, something that's that's your go to guy, that's your number one weapon, and you're only going to target him three times. I find that pretty surprising. Now, I'm going to look at what the Bears did with Roma Doonza. He was targeted four times. Malik Neighbors was targeted seven times by the Giants. So these are the other wide receivers taken in the top ten. I'm I don't want Kyler Murray acting like, hey, don't blame me, No, I am blaming you. And really this and it started when he missed the game winning touchdown pass. If he you know, finds Marvin Harrison, they win, and then people are saying how do you miss him? Like you should always go to the line of scrimmage going I'm going to know where he is, and even if they double cover him. I mean, great receivers get a lot of attention. You'll have somebody on you. Maybe they rotate the defense, you know, to your side of the ball or where that receiver's going to be. I mean, everybody knows Travis Kelcey's getting the ball in the Super Bowl, and he somehow got the ball in the Super Bowl. Great players, great moments, but you have to have a quarterback who doesn't give up on them just because hey, they got double coverage. He's still my best guy. I still got to go in his direction. I might get past interference calls. Now, maybe you used him as a decoy. Who do the Cardinals play this weekend? Because I'm going to guess whoever the Cardinals as are playing, I would double cover Marvin Harrison Junior the third because in the first quarter he's probably going to get six or seven targets.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin, the Rams play at the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Okay. If I'm Sean mcvayh I'm like, hey, guys, we're gonna make sure that we double cover Marvin Harrison because now they're going to try to force it to him a little bit more.
Speaker 4: But if I have a weapon there.
Speaker 2: I gotta I have to find ways to get the ball in his hands. Yes, is it on the offensive coordinator, absolutely, But the quarterback has the ball in his hands. You're on the field making decisions. I don't need to hear. Hey, basically, it's not my fault, it's his fault.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 11: And if you're the starting quarterback, can't you go to the offensive coordinator and say, hey, we need to go to Marvin a little bit more than we normally. You know that we have been during the game.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I think it, unless I'm mishearing him too. In the begin the ending of that SoundBite, Kyler Murray says, well, I wouldn't say they took him away, Like they didn't take him out of the game, referring to Marvin Harrison, like that was sort of his out, Like well, they had him doubled most of the day or something like that, they would have given him an out. But he's like, well, I wouldn't say that they took him out of the game. Well, okay, so he was still available or open and you just chose not to or what was it him not getting open, then it was on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a good look. And Kyler Murray, you know, needs a good look. He needs something that all of a sudden we remember just how dynamic he can be. You got Marvin Harrison. You gotta know where he is game on the line. Who am I going to go to? Larry Fitzgerald's not out there anymore. You got to find him. And even if you force the ball, how many times do you hear a quarterback saying, hey, I just threw it. I knew he'd make a play. I'm going to rely on him to make a play.
Speaker 11: Yes, Marvin, if you're Kyler Murray, you don't have a say, and who gets the ball.
Speaker 4: Or not you have the final say.
Speaker 5: Right, it's not my job.
Speaker 4: And he's been in the league for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: It's not one of those where you got to acquiesce to the coaching staff and say, all right, I'm gonna do what I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 4: You gotta find your guy. That's why you got him.
Speaker 2: You've got a difference maker, a game changer, and then you're gonna go opposite him or you're gonna forget about him. On a play that will win the game for you. I just I find that surprising here. Maybe I shouldn't, but I do.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 7: After hearing the quote in context, I'm actually a little more bothered by it than I was initially. There's phrases like it's not my job. If you're a quarterback, remove that from your vocabulary. The media will seize that and go ask blank, Go ask Drew the offense quarter Take that away from your vocabulary. That's a rookie mistake in a postgame press conference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta take ownership here, and your track record's not very good. You got to not only take ownership, overtake o ownership of this. You have to be all in to say, you know what, bas on me, I got to get him the ball. We have to get him the ball. We have to come up with plays. He's a dynamic player. Don't say it's not on me. Don't don't blame me. That's true. Yeah, go ask the offensive coordinator. Imagine the media scurrying to ask the offensive coordinator. Kyler said to ask you, and you're like, uh, well, yeah, let me let me fall on the sword here.
Speaker 8: Offensive Coordinator's like, I'm not supposed to do interviews. I'm not the head coach.
Speaker 9: This is only week one, and now that dude' is like, oh, you know, I certainly could have done a better job calling play yes to put our players in the best position possible.
Speaker 2: But uh, I'll talk to Kyler about yeah, you know, we'll come up with a different game plan for the Rams.
Speaker 5: Yes, And he's the franchise quarterback.
Speaker 11: It's not like he's justin Field's trying to play for Like, you know what if I played well, no, you've already got the big No onah, kids, tell me, come on.
Speaker 2: He's not Gardner Minshew right, like you're Kyler Murray. All right, you're a number one overall pick. You've got a great wide receiver. Find a way to get him the ball. But let's say you don't find him for a majority of the game with the game on the line.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm at a loss for words that I wouldn't know where Marvin Harrison was because That'd be like we get in the huddle and I'd be like, all right, hey, Marvin, I'm looking for you. You might have to make a play, all right, break Like that's what I would expect in the huddle.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 2: Hey, here's the play if it breaks down. Uh, you know, do this. I'm looking for you here. All right, we'll get to more phone calls each seven to seven three DP show.
Speaker 9: Look, he turns out Marvin actually just isn't that good? And so okay, find you want me to be honest? Oky, Yes, the guy sucks. Okay, he wasn't any good. He never got open even though he was. Yeah, I wanted to draft Molik Neighbors.
Speaker 4: I mean it was a waste of a pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Why wasn't Marvin open?
Speaker 9: Apparently the apple does fall far from the tree because this is not any Dad. He's just not any good, not like Dad.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Deshaun Watson situation not much to add other than he and his legal team denied everything with this uh newly refiled civil lawsuit and it stems back from twenty twenty and so both sides, you know, they're posturing here with you know, we're going after him and he knows what he did. And then Deshawn's side of this is denial, denial, denial, which you expect both of these sides to approach it this way. I don't know if the Cleveland Browns knew about this. That's really that's all we need need to know about this story. All you need to know about the story is if the Browns knew about this, then they're going to be fine. If they didn't know, the ability to then look at his contract as we did yesterday and the clause that's in there that would allow them to get out of this contract conduct detrimental whatever the language reads, it would allow them if they wanted to to get out of one of the worst contracts in NFL history, one of the worst trades in NFL history. Would the Cleveland Browns want to get out of that? And that, to me is what's worth watching for the next couple of weeks or so. Not going to go on the Commissioner's exempt list, at least the NFL said that, But the NFL is monitoring the situation. Let me see a couple more phone calls here, Doug in North Carolina. Hi, Doug, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Well, then, I am so inspired by Todd showing up today when a lesser man would stay home, that I want to make an offer like you. I'm a collector. I collect mic flags, and this won't make any sense to your radio audience, but your peacock viewers will understand this. Polly talked about selling a show used mike windscreens, the fuzzy things that go on top of the mic. I want today's Todd's disease infected windscreen. I want it. I want it for my collection. What do I have to give up?
Speaker 4: What do you have to offer in return?
Speaker 13: I've got two good kidneys. You can have one of those I have. I don't have any children to name, so, but yeah, I don't know. I'll come up with something. You will have my lifelong affection. Is that enough? Mm?
Speaker 4: I think i'd take the kidney.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's good to have a backup, like you can never have enough kidneys. But uh, you know what, Doug, We'll put you on hold and Tyler get your address and I'll check with management. Let me check with management management. What do you think? Yeah, I think we could do that. So, uh, we'll get Todd's windscreen on his microphone.
Speaker 3: Offering organs for this thing.
Speaker 5: It's wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just a kidney on the on deck circle, that'd be nice. Now, I don't think he's gonna ship a kidney. I think if I need a kidney, Doug would be there in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: You gotta put it like a freezing year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a meat Friday coming up tomorrow. So, uh, you know, how about some kidneys?
Speaker 7: Yes, I have a buddy in Wisconsin. You've actually met him, the judge in Wisconsin. He needed a kidney and a fellow judge gave him her kidney. And there have been friends before, and of course it'd be friends for after. But it's like a running gag with them. She always goes, I need a ride at the airport.
Speaker 8: Kidney.
Speaker 7: It's just puts kidney in the text message that you're you're locked for life. I would think so if you give a kid yeah, I would think, so I need some help moving?
Speaker 4: Yeah, kidney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might get a little bit tired of that where you're going to regret the getting the kidney because you're going to be constantly reminded. But if I was going to take a kidney from anybody here, Todd, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 3: But I don't drink alcohol. I drink and I've had my share of mountain too, but I take a lot of water.
Speaker 2: Uh, kidney stones, yeah, Yeah, I don't want that. I don't want that seating. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: You definitely don't want my liver.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure about my kidney, but stay away from the liver.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Marvin. I don't think you know he's done any damage to his kidneys. I think i'd probably go with one of your kidneys.
Speaker 5: All right, I've lived a pretty clean life.
Speaker 2: You have, Yeah, you have, like occasionally you'll get after it a little bit on. Yeah, you have.
Speaker 5: Old fashions are going down way too, you know.
Speaker 2: I kept saying, you know, I'm watching you drink old fashioned. We're with the Keeper's Heart people, and I'm like, who is Marvin Man?
Speaker 4: He's different than we went out?
Speaker 5: Was that Friday night?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It woke up one pm next day.
Speaker 2: Day, I'm like, guys, come on, and they're like, what, it's my day off? I go technically, you're right.
Speaker 9: There was like a huge, like an enthusiastic group of being like, Hey, we're gonna go to like a distillery at eleven am. Hell no, hell no, I'm not even close to get in a book, get up for breakfast.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 10: Crazy.
Speaker 2: It was one o'clock in the afternoon, and then I see these guys and they look like one o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh my god.
Speaker 9: It was like one of those moments where I got in from the bar with Marvin and everybody, and I called home because my wife was just starting her day already, like she had gotten up and had breakfast. Right, I'm like, hey, babe, I'm just getting in. But what time is it there? I think it's like five point thirty A. Right, We'll take a break here. Our play of the day is up next here on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 8: Oh my God.
Speaker 2: Of the day. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 13: Check this out.
Speaker 2: Oh two hit high in the.
Speaker 1: Air, deep right field, plend our Swingston.
Speaker 20: Sends it out to tie the game and deliver heartbreak to the Blue Jays. Francisco Lindori and then ninth has tied the game up and one, ripping the no hitter up and one of the Mets on the board with their first hit and their first run.
Speaker 2: Bowden Francis had a no hitter second time in his last four starts. He lost a no hit bid to a home run in the ninth inning. It's the courtesy of the Mets Radio Network. That's your play of the day. The day brought to you by tire rack dot Com. The Way Tire Buying should Be. Go to tire rack dot com, slash Dan try the tire Decision Guide. See the full lineup of michel entire special offers, free roade, hazard protection, mobile tire installation, tire rac dot com. The Way Tire Buying Should Be. It's official PAC twelve and the PAC twelve is back. Boise State, Colorado State, California State University, Fresno State, so California State University, Fresno, Fresno State, San Diego State University, joining Oregon State in Washington State.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: PAC twelve back. Maybe a few more schools to jump in. That'll be twenty twenty six twenty twenty seven academic year that the PAC twelve Board of Directors unanimously approved applications from the schools that will join Oregon State and Washington State.
Speaker 4: This is what I want to know. Do they get their automatic bid?
Speaker 2: Whoever wins the PAC twelve into the twelve team playoff, that's what I want to know. We'll talk about that coming up next hour, all right, eight seven, seven to three. DP Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. So PAC twelve is back ish. Now, if you're col Stanford, do you go, do we really need to be in the ACC? I don't think they can get out of their ACC contract. But this is a game of musical chairs and you kind of go, Okay, where's every wait? The big ten doesn't.
Speaker 4: Want to well, where can we go? Big ACC?
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden the music stops and you go, let's just sit down for a little while and go to the ACC, even though so your marquee schools went out of the ACC at least football wise, Yes, Tom, he's.
Speaker 3: Saying Stanford at Boston College doesn't make a lot of sense these days.
Speaker 4: No, no, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: But Indiana against UCLA doesn't make a lot of sense either, And that's what's coming up this weekend. A few more phone calls in here, Eli Manning coming up next hour. Uh Renee in Georgia joins us. Now, Hi Renee, what's on your mind?
Speaker 21: Hi? Dan? I am five four? And a woman never.
Speaker 2: Tells a way okay, fair enough.
Speaker 21: My husband watches you and the d nuts every day, and so since I'm in the living room, i'm my recliner. I'm wrong. I hear you most of the time, and I heard you guys joking about kidneys and donating kidneys, and I just wanted a call because.
Speaker 16: I am.
Speaker 21: I am a recipient of two different kidney transplants. My first one was in a three from a live donor, my friend, and it lasted the average fifteen years that a kidney does last. And then she's doing wonderfully. By the way, she's five years older than me, but she's doing great. And then, after two and a half years on dialysis, I received a kidney from a deceased man of fifty two years old. And one of the things you were joking around was that maybe you wouldn't receive a kidney because then you would think about it all all day. And I'm like, no, this kidney, well, both of them, but one at a time was mine and it's my kidney now and I'm ever so grateful both to my friend.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wouldn't think about my kidney. I would think about the person who donated the kidney. And I'm glad you're doing better, Renee. But that person we were joking that they would constant remind you of, hey, can you do this for me?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I gave you a kidney, So that's that's what we were kind of joking about that.
Speaker 21: My first donor Lynn.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we we understand it.
Speaker 8: Kidney humor sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean sometimes it's lost on me with kidney humor or my audience.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin, my.
Speaker 11: Grandmother got a kidney a transplant. She was like, mm this brand new kidney. Sad that person died, but happy for me though. Yes, Tod, we kidney because we care, Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: Sometimes kidney here is tough to process.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, yeah you for cut. Okay Todd in Georgia, Hi Tom.
Speaker 17: Hey, good morning Dan danetz Uh long long time listener and watch her on Peacock uh six four twenty retired maybe submarine, sir. I got a little bit of a bone to pick with you guys. When I saw you guys over in Ireland and you had no navy gear on, I was like, well, I got to get those guys some navy gear. So give me your sizes. I'll get you some navy gear, Fritzy viotamin c stay in bed. And then about the kidney. Here's a question. I'm giving up a kidney. But if Ron White knocked on your door and said.
Speaker 4: I heard you need a kidney, what would you do?
Speaker 13: Who is it?
Speaker 5: He said, Ron White?
Speaker 2: Run he's a comic.
Speaker 5: Comic.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I don't need a kidney. I would say, thank you. I'll stay in touch with you.
Speaker 4: Tater salad.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all righty one hour in the books. Eli Manning will join us.