Speaker 1: What's that at the bed spooky? Hey juky, I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I said, Nandas. Please, Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to goos To by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal people that you like. Wait a minute, there's Satanist on the show today. That's true. My guests today are known as Twin Temple. Now here's the deal. I think this is the first time in the five years of the show that I have ever had oh open, out of the closet, good old fashioned Satanists on the show. And I'm not gonna lie. It makes me nervous sometimes to publicly align myself with Satanists. I've had a couple of experiences where, you know, these open Satanists want to work with me and do things, and I'm always like, I get nervous because I know how dumb people are. To be honest with you, none of you listening to the show, But I just I don't I don't want to deal with the people calling me evil and picketing me, and I'm not into that. I personally, it's not for me. I don't want to deal with people threatening me and stalking me and whatever because they think that I'm sacrificing children or whatever. I just don't want to deal with that. But these people on the show today are indeed Satanists, and we get into it, we talk about it, and I have met several Satanists and honestly cool people. I know all kinds of people, and I do really appreciate what these two are doing. They're a real life married couple. They also are musicians. They're a do wop group, and their music is so cool. When it comes to the creative side of it, they're doing something so different that you're not seeing in the current musical climate, and they're also bringing the theatrics to the music and bringing in this idea of this satanic married couple singing do wop music. And they do, indeed get a lot of pushback from people because they're Satanists. They're evil, But then you talk to him like, oh, these are just like cool people that are super open minded and not looking to like do anything too evil, and I like them. I think they're really cool. They also have ghost stories, which is super fun and oh my god, I almost forgot. It's October, my favorite month. That's also the month of my birthday. My birthday's on the twentieth. But to bring in the Halloween spirit, I think it's perfect that we have these guests today. And also another perfect thing happening this month. Why I do have my new videos that have been coming out on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, Louise.
Speaker 1: Me talking about him again. I don't know. I just wanted you to watch if you want. You know, it's called Ross Hernandez the Haunted Doll on YouTube. And also I just wanted to say real quick that I'm doing some live dates. You can see me on the twenty seventh in San Francisco doing Ghosted Live, the thirtieth, in Los Angeles doing Ghosted Live. The seventh of November, I am doing stand up in Raleigh, and then I'm going to Portland in Seattle in December to do Ghosted Live. And in Seattle I'm doing stand up. So I hope you enjoyed this conversation. I know I did. We had a really really good time, and I think I just made some new friends. They're friends with David Desmalchian, who was on the show recently and these are all some real cool people, so I hope you enjoy. Here's my conversation with Zachary and Alexandra from Twin Temple on with the show. Oh my god, oh learned. I'm joyed, just kidding. I'm joined by Twin Temple.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi, thank you for having us.
Speaker 1: You guys are so cool. You're cool.
Speaker 2: We're really excited to be here.
Speaker 1: You're not like, you're not too scary. I mean like a little bit, but I feel like, I mean, you guys are Satanists.
Speaker 3: I mean we try, but it's working right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't find you guys scary. I think you guys are cool. Oh.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I mean I hate to say this, but at this point in time, I feel so much more comfortable around you guys than like evangelical questions. I feel more safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've never met you guys, but I will say one time I saw you at a fleet market, but I was too scared to say hi.
Speaker 3: Oh was it the blood like dripping off our faces?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought it was weird. You guys have blood dripping down your face at a flea market. I was like, oh, they must have eaten something in one of those people that sells the stuff.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't give us a deal.
Speaker 4: No Sunday ritual for sure.
Speaker 1: But so this is my first time I get to meet you. Nice to meet you you too. So I feel like there's a lot we could talk about, because from what I hear, you have a ton of ghost stories.
Speaker 2: So many we couldn't decide.
Speaker 1: Well, we have to hear those. I want to just hear a little bit about the Satanism though. Okay, so you guys are really Satanists. I mean yes, So how long have you guys been Satanists?
Speaker 2: I mean, do you want to say the spiel.
Speaker 4: You've always been there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean to us, I don't think it's something that you've become so much as something that you're born, Like you're born a Satanists in our opinions, because I mean it's really to us, it's like like a set of.
Speaker 4: Values, you know, it's kind of just like a way of seeing the world, the way of seeing yourself in the world. Yeah, it's not really learned. I mean you could learn.
Speaker 3: It, I guess, but it's like in your core, Like it's like, do you believe that outdated norms should be kind of like destroyed? Do you believe in like individualism and like the pursuit of like intelligence and self actualization and knowledge. What are you drawn to like subversion and like shaking things up and rattling the cage. It's really hard to become that, right, right, right right, I think as far as means that can. Remember, we've always kind of felt like outsiders and not really felt like part of mainstream, at least the mainstream culture that they're feeding you, you know, in popular media, Like we've all been kind of freaks, and like we were born freaks and we were born outside of you know.
Speaker 1: So I get that. So it's like you at some point discovered Satanism and then you go, wait, this is describing me.
Speaker 3: We discovered the word for like what we are, but we'd always felt that we you know, that way. But then it was like we found other people who put a nice bow on it and.
Speaker 2: Called it what it was that we were feeling.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we fell in the vocabulary.
Speaker 1: Yes, were you both Satanists before you met each other?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Were you both practicing?
Speaker 4: And well, I guess in satanism and like our practice of witchcraft are two separate things, you know, So like like Satanism isn't inherently magical, you know. I mean, obviously everyone has their own interpretation, but our interpretation is not inherently magical, and our magical practice is separate from Satanism, Like we don't do magic to like we don't you know, perform ritual to devil or Satan as a being. You know, we don't believe in Satan as a you know, as someone or whatever you want to call it. So yeah, you know, like practicing Satanism is more of just a way of living and viewing the world and viewing yourself and seeing yourself as a creator you know, and a god if you will, you.
Speaker 2: Know, so as like the architect of yourself.
Speaker 1: So are you guys more like Satanic Temple or Church of Satan?
Speaker 4: I mean we're kind of all, but none as well.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like we're our own Satanism. You know. It's like Satanic Temple is primarily a political organization, right, Church of Satan was, you know basically like at this point, it's like leavey worship. You know, it's like you have to acknowledge what he did culturally to like bring that idea, you know, into like the public space. But again he practiced magic. TSD doesn't believe in magic, you know, I think the majority of them that's kind of their gen sentiment.
Speaker 2: Well, but they do because then they talk about psychodrama, so I'm a little unclear what their whole stances, but they don't practice any kind of practical magic.
Speaker 1: Well, I think like with them, you and if anyone listening does not know about the Satanic Temple, Like, there's a great documentary called Hail Satan with a question mark that sort of lays it out there for you what they are, which is essentially they're just against Christian nationalism and religion and the government, and they're very much aligned with the idea of separation of church and state, which we're supposed to be. But it's like, I feel like you could believe, like you could follow their way of thinking when it comes to all that, but then also have your own witchcraft practice or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely that you know, that's kind of like ours. You know, again, we have the Satanism and then we have our practice of witchcraft, and it's all it's all separate.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's kind of unique to us, you know, totally it should be.
Speaker 1: I feel like in life, it's like build your own adventure, use your adventures sort of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially with the Internet, I feel like a lot of people's practice is very eclectic these days.
Speaker 1: Sure, why not? But like, okay, when you're as openly calling yourself a Satanist as you guys are, do you have a lot of like scary people you're dealing with that are opposing you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. We have protesters at the shows last tour.
Speaker 3: They were like laying it on real thick they had made like they printed banners.
Speaker 4: Yea, they made some. Well, the beginning of the tour, we had people with sharpies written on them like like that was the beginning of the tour. There was a real story over the course of the story.
Speaker 1: Was it the same people or.
Speaker 2: Different group?
Speaker 4: Sure? So maybe just some groups were better. Presentation was better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it started with sharpies Like San Diego showed up and there were sharpie t shirts and they were just like, is.
Speaker 1: Not it does not align with that world.
Speaker 3: And this was not even arts or crafts. This was like a Hanes pretty bloom with a sharpie like.
Speaker 2: God is not dead.
Speaker 3: And I was just like, you know, if you're gonna troll, like bring your egg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to like office or go someplace and get a.
Speaker 2: Second twenty four hour like print.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I think they got our feedback though, because towards the end they had banners, they had merched, they had shirts.
Speaker 2: They looked better.
Speaker 4: They did look better.
Speaker 3: But but the truth is they're not even like Christian groups. Really, they're just like anti queer anti like.
Speaker 1: Swing.
Speaker 4: I forget the name of the group that showed up, like.
Speaker 3: Down for Laveuhan and not down for queer people. It was really strange combo, like I forget what they were called. But I think their main platform was like anti gay marriage.
Speaker 4: They had some name.
Speaker 3: Yeah I don't know, but they had some name and that was their secret like mission or whatever.
Speaker 2: So I was really proud to have them out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know. And then and then we've had stuff show about our house, you know, Bibles show up at the house.
Speaker 2: Yes, actually yeah, yeah that was bad.
Speaker 4: We had someone break into our backyard rummage to our trash cans. They found boxes that we had ripped up. They put them back ripped to rip seemed to seem like that looking like a chucky dollar something. Yeah, taped it all perfect because like I walked out there and I just stood there staring at this box, like trying to comprehend why is the box I had destroyed like a week prior on the doorstep. How did it get put back together? And what is inside of it?
Speaker 2: But they did this with multiple boxes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it is so weird.
Speaker 4: It's so weird. And then like our cameras just happened to stop working at that moment, so there there's no footage of it, and it was just there and it was heavy, like it took multiple people to place these boxes on our doorsteps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a group effort.
Speaker 1: But this is the part that scares me about being outspoken and being you know, I think about it all the time. I feel like I bite my tongue because I'm afraid of the people a lot of times, people with guns that are like, you know, wanting my existence to not be vocal about my beliefs or whatever.
Speaker 2: For sure, I struggle with that too.
Speaker 3: I mean, they hate a woman who you know, speaks her mind. You know, they hate when we do that. So it's like I've chosen this path. This is like I've chosen to be a disruptor. And so it's just like when Bibles come to our doorstep. It's like, well, I signed up for this, but you know, we got a really good piece of advice, which was, if someone's going to kill you, they're not going to tell you first.
Speaker 4: You don't worry about the death threats.
Speaker 2: But so the death threats just forget about them.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be the ones who wants to come in, which then I don't know if that maybe I don't think I.
Speaker 4: Feel much better about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interaction, who gave you that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I won't say a friend?
Speaker 1: Okay, So on the flip side of it, do you attract because here's what I think. Every time I've encountered Satanists, I often feel again with like the Satanic temple and stuff, I'm like, okay, cool, so many of my beliefs align with you. But then I also feel like when I meet Satanists, I'm kind of like feeling them out and unsure because I do think that whether Satanism is something that is meant to cause harm and you know, ruin people's lives, eat babies, whatever it is, whether it is that or not, I think there's people that are drawn to it and they want to be a part. There's the Nightstalker, Richard Ramirez types or whatever that are like, I want to sacrifice humans and do all this stuff, so I'm going to become a Satanist. And then there's those people, like do you encounter those people where you're like, oh, you're taking this like a different direction than us.
Speaker 3: No, If anything, I think it's like the Christians who take things way too far. I mean, I don't actually think there's any Satanists that I know of that are like involved in like.
Speaker 2: The stereotypical things. I think.
Speaker 3: And here's what I think. I think, for a very long time, anyone who's refused to be shackled to norms whatever they may be like, or who doesn't fit into the box of what you know society has prescribed for you.
Speaker 2: So if you're a woman.
Speaker 3: With some power, or if you're queer, or if you're a person of color, what they do to take your power away is they say.
Speaker 2: You're a devil worshiper.
Speaker 3: Right, you are a Satanist. And you've seen this for like a thousand years.
Speaker 2: The witch hunts.
Speaker 3: When we colonized America after the early modern period, Native American traditions all of a sudden are witchcraft are devil worshiped, and these were all used as a justification to oppress, to enslave, and in many cases to murder. So I don't think it's the Satanist doing the the murder. What Satanism has been used as a justification to hurt other people.
Speaker 2: And so what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Because we've always been kind of outside, we're outspoken, you know, we're like, you know.
Speaker 2: Been called basically witches.
Speaker 3: And devils and demons and evil our whole life for you know, the things that were just like literally harmlessly enjoying.
Speaker 2: We're just taking that power back. So it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I'm a slut, I'm a ways like I'm a Satanist. Go ahead, because at that point, there's nothing more people can do to you if you take it as a way to empower yourself, if you take it back, and then it's kind of fun to play with these expectations and you know, don this mantle of like evil and spooky and scary and like, you know, just messing with people a little bit, and it really shows you, I think, who people are, because if you want to test someone's truly like how open minded.
Speaker 2: They are, tell them you're a Satanist. You know, it's not many people that go, sure you do you? You know, like whatever floats your boat.
Speaker 3: Like I'm open minded, I'm okay with you expressing who you are as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, right. A lot of people aren't like that. They go, I don't like that. I don't think that ain't rat.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like whatever, I don't know who that was. They just came up. It's like the people who tell you, you know.
Speaker 1: No, I totally can. I encoached that all the time with like I'll talk to people about ghosts and they're totally down for it. But then it's like ouiji boards no, Yeah, that's where I draw the line. And it's just so fascinating because like the idea of demons and Satan and devils, like it's so a part of our society that it's so deep in people. Yeah, that they hear satan Satanists, they tense up, they instantly. Because I was raised Catholic, which I talk about NonStop I'm obsessed with. I am not a Catholic anymore, but I do find that sometimes when like I do think if I was on a plane going down, I might be like, do a.
Speaker 2: Hail Mary babe, remember me.
Speaker 1: But other than that, I feel that I'm very open minded. My my biggest thing is just like I don't like harm. Like I don't like people that are looking to cause harm to other people, and that includes weaponizing your religion if you think that. It's because that's the thing. The villains always think that they're the right one, you know, Like if you watch a Disney movie, that person thinks that they are like fully, I'm I'm in the right, And I think that a lot of times people like weaponize Christianity, you know, they weaponize it against you and they're causing harm. I don't like that. That's where I draw the line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I will say that our fans on the crowds that we draw are definitely the most diverse and like kindest, So I hear than any of the cross that they've ever been to, you know, So I know that we attract that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think too, if there's anything that we personally, I can't speak for all Satanists because it's an individual practice, right, but if there's one thing that we are trying to cultivate under the banner of Satanism or whatever you want to call it. It's just inclusivity, you know. So anyone who's felt like outside or been bullied or like us, like being called names or been called you know, witches growing up because we're a little bit weird, we want to be like, this is the place for you, come on in because we're freaks too, and like we're flying this banner and you belong, you know. And screw the Christians out there with their hate beliefs, you know, like totally, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's what we're trying to cultivate.
Speaker 3: And honestly, this is maybe like a controversial opinion, but speaking to a lot of my friends who grew up in the Christian Church, there is a lot of trauma there. And I have heard a lot of really wild story in ways that they've been harmed both physically by the people in the church and also what these beliefs do to you in terms of instilling this sense of shame, this deep shame that eats at you for being who you are and literally harming no one. I think that's so harmful, and not every Christian church is like that. I've also met Christians who listen.
Speaker 2: To our music and are like fine, and they're.
Speaker 3: Taking these principles of you know, love thy neighbor and whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: And I appreciate that, so I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think what bothers me most of all is judging people, telling them to not be who they are because you disagree with literally who they are.
Speaker 2: In their own life, like hurting nobody.
Speaker 3: So like that's what bothers me. I cannot stand that. And I cannot stand people who harass and torment and make a legal well, the ways we want to live, the people we want to love, like I mean, it's just like it's none of their business in my opinion. So I think in a way, that's why we hang this banner. It's like it makes people who have felt rejected feel welcome in terms of like harming people or you know, devil, there's none of.
Speaker 1: That, Okay, I totally get it. Yeah, And I apologize for when I put those boxes back together and put them back You're really good. I'm really sorry.
Speaker 2: How long did it take you?
Speaker 1: A couple hours?
Speaker 2: Because like I would have thought, like your life would have kept you busy.
Speaker 1: I've got time now, I've got time when it comes to that kind of thing. So I'll never do it again. Okay, we gotta talk about go. Yeah, so where do we start with that? For the two of you? I mean, so you both believe?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I guess shall we define ghost How do you define ghosts?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm very much like I don't know what any of it is, but unexplainable events, you know, these things that you really don't feel like you can come up with an answer for. But but it happened, and let's talk about it. I don't know for sure for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean all I know is I don't know anything.
Speaker 1: Great. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: I'm smart enough to know I'm not smart enough to know everything.
Speaker 1: No, I like that. I don't like know it alls when it comes to the paranormal. I don't like know it all because I'm like, we don't. It's called the unknown thing. That's the whole point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So did you okay, did you both grow up with an understanding or a belief in ghosts?
Speaker 2: Probably an interest. I remember those scary stories.
Speaker 1: Scary stories of tell in the dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like I just.
Speaker 3: Always loved a good story and anything macabre and like horror, you know, Yeah, I just gravitated towards towards it for sure.
Speaker 1: So when's like the first time either of you feel like you may have had one of these experiences.
Speaker 4: I would say the most clear cut and dry one was we took a photo of Grand Parson's ghost.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait a second, this is the place in Joshua Tree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joshua Tree Motel.
Speaker 1: I know it. I know exactly the place. Oh have you been there? I've never been there. That's okay, that's a good idea. I hate staying in haunted hotel rooms. Hate it. I've done it all too. But I also recently came up with this idea to start a YouTube channel where I go and do that for a couple of days. That's a good one. Yeah, that's a good one. I've stayed near it, but I've never done it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This was like my birthday and twenty fifth birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We stayed in the room next to his where Emulu Harris stayed the night he died.
Speaker 1: Yes, and what's the story with him? I feel like I don't know much about Graham. Yeah, yeah, yeah, tell me, uh.
Speaker 4: Well, Graham Parsons. He was a country singer, you know, and he kind of made it hip. You know in the sixties, late sixties, early seventies, you know, period kind of helped create this country rock kind of moment in like Laurel Canyon with other people obviously, like he was in the Birds, the Band of the Birds for a bit, okay, and then he went off and started Flying Burrito Brothers, and then he went solo and had just Grand Parsons. And that was a period when when he passed finally, he overdosed drinking and drugging at the Joshua Tree Motel overdose there.
Speaker 3: And we're big fans of cool music, and so you know, we wanted to get haunted on my birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we were out there and we.
Speaker 2: Went to and stayed in his hotel room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we stayed stayed with friends, and we were out there around around midnight or so. We were singing his songs, you know, and just verse believe being like, come on out, Graham, just inviting them, you know, you want to sing the song or whatever.
Speaker 3: We were drinking, yeah, and then which you know, invite spirits in, it doesn't sure.
Speaker 4: And then you know, her and her friend take a photo whatever. So I started taking photos.
Speaker 3: Because I think y'all are going to show this photo, and so I need to explain this hat.
Speaker 4: Okay, you can't even see.
Speaker 2: You can't see it.
Speaker 3: I just would hate to think people, you know, would think that this was my hat. So this room had very hobby labby chic decor, like a hat that was entirely made out of potpourri, you know, like like a skance like on one of the tables, and I just thought it was really funny.
Speaker 1: So you want to make it clear that is not yours your.
Speaker 2: I would like might just say I didn't go to show my hands and make this head.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're not going to try to ruin your.
Speaker 3: Have a reputation to you, pretet. This is the disclaimer on that photo.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So in order to clear the.
Speaker 1: Viewing of don't you worry.
Speaker 3: So I thought this because I am clown, So I took the popury hat and everything becomes a hat, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's literally was how this photo started.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like we've got a sounds and we are capture.
Speaker 2: Goes evil and spooky.
Speaker 3: It was just like drunk and then Zachli turned ashen gray.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm taking photos of her in front out of nowhere, like I'm you know, I can kind of see off my phone camera but also through the phone and out of nowhere I can't see with my eyes, but through the phone, I see the shape of like a head and shoulders literally float through the phone, walk through the phone, and I'm just snapping away as it happens. So I get we got one photo. And if you look at the photo, the light like it sucked all the light from everywhere, like every light source just got like put into this figure like it was glowing. Yeah, and it's got this crazy kind of like white to blue color, like it's just wild. And I watched him move.
Speaker 2: What's weird?
Speaker 3: Is too for Potpourri privacy, we won't be showing these. But the photo before and after is just.
Speaker 2: A normal photo.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So like when this photo happened, we got dark and this figure.
Speaker 1: You know, sucked it's like all the light.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like glowing as wild.
Speaker 2: You all ready to see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can we see it? Oh my god? What is that? Potpourri? I told Jealous, Well, anyone that wants to see this, that's ghosted by ros on Instagram.
Speaker 4: So but on the top right, so that was like the head so again like he's already kind of out of frame. But ye, so the top glow like roundish glows his head and then if you look down to the left, that's like the left shoulder, you know, like if you imagine someone kind of walking through the frame, but I guess maybe be kind of right shoulder at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was him, Like but it's like.
Speaker 4: You've got a head and then a shoulder and then just like the body. And it was like the same size as a human because.
Speaker 2: You could see us standing. He was about like our height.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's my best friend Jin and that's me and not my hat.
Speaker 1: That is cool, I think, especially the fact that it's illuminating like that and really really adds to it because a lot of times when we see like orbs and stuff like that on photos, like they can be easily explained, but when there's like a source of light coming out of whatever this is, it's pretty ld.
Speaker 2: Chet because you can see behind I'm like dark, there was no light.
Speaker 4: I mean we're outside in the front of a motel with.
Speaker 3: A flash on, so it's like the flash hit that thing and then darkened us in the background.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because we tried.
Speaker 3: We went on a quest to figure out if this could like how yeah, it would happen.
Speaker 4: We kept after it happened, we found it, we kept taking photos, you know, like, oh maybe it was a weird angle, like what happened with this, and we could not recreate it. It would not happen again. And I watched it move. I mean, it wasn't like like you said, you literally came into the camera and out of the camera. Like I watched him just float or whatever it is float through. I've never seen anything like that before.
Speaker 2: I haven't either.
Speaker 1: It's definitely one of the good ones.
Speaker 3: So, in your professional opinion, is this a ghost because this is your forte you're just amateur ghost?
Speaker 1: I definitely. I have a hard time, ever officially, ever saying that's a ghost.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you need like a gavel with like a ghost.
Speaker 1: That's what I say all the time. I feel like I should be the one that's like this is or it isn't. But I would say again, given the fact that that the light is coming out of it, it's so blue. Yeah, and if from what you say that the way you've described it happening, I mean, it's very convincing to me and it's huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I mean I don't know, but we have no explanation for it.
Speaker 1: I will call it a ghost Okay, Yeah, all right, ruled, ruled. So that's the first time, Zagary, that you ever like thought ghosts.
Speaker 4: Were real, right, I mean, I wouldn't say it was the first time I thought they were real. I believed in ghosts prior. I have some family members, my mom's uncle, he was like a spiritual advisor to the Barrymoores family, whoa yeah, and there was reports of his he had like a he lived in the desert oddly enough, in Joshua Tree, and he had this house with like these stone figures kind of lining the walkway, and my mom said she always felt like they were kind of watching her. So I feel like there was always talk about kind of like supernatural and he would try and like teach her with like tarot cards and like Xenner cards, like you know, see the symbol, you know, telepathically. So I feel like those ideas were already kind of swirling around, But this is the first time that I felt like I, without a doubt saw ghosts. I mean, we asked him to come out and then this thing happened. So, and what about you.
Speaker 1: Have had you seen a ghost or experienced one before this?
Speaker 2: Um?
Speaker 1: Yes, tell me, tell me.
Speaker 2: But it's a really sad story.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I have this thing when someone I love uh passes away, they visit.
Speaker 1: Me, oh soul.
Speaker 3: A few years before that, when I was twenty, one of my really good girlfriends died. She was hit by a drunk driver. And this was the first time I ever saw a ghosts. I woke up in the middle of the night and she was standing at my bed and I.
Speaker 6: Did the whole movie thing where I put the covers over my head and peeked down and she's still there.
Speaker 2: Was something I did, that whole.
Speaker 1: Thing that's supposed to make them disappear.
Speaker 2: It didn't.
Speaker 1: But it's your best friend, so that's yeah, it could be worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, And it wasn't anything.
Speaker 3: It was like she was just there and it was really weird and it scared the hell out of me. And then the next night she came to me in a dream and it was just like, don't worry. And this has happened with everyone who I've loved who.
Speaker 2: Has died shortly after.
Speaker 3: I will undeniably have them visit me in a dream like.
Speaker 2: Dreams are kind of a place that I, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, work a lot of magic and kind of draw inspiration from. And I have a strong connection to, you know, the lunar side of things in my dreams.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of a place for me. And I also like practice like.
Speaker 3: Lucid dreaming, where you like wake up in your dreams and there's it hits different when you are conscious that you're dreaming. And so in all of these instances, I've been like, I'm asleep, this is a dream and I'm seeing this person who passed away. This has happened like four times now, and each time they definitely have a message of like comfort. One though, was kind of like unfinished vibes. So I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you feel like you're a little bit psychic medium?
Speaker 3: No, because just ask sac I never know what he's thinking.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that is so wild. I am the opposite now. I try not to get offended by this, but my loved ones never visit me.
Speaker 2: I just don't like you girls.
Speaker 1: They're done when they say goodbye, they're done, and they know how A podcast about ghosts. They know how much it would be great for me to tell a story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's rude.
Speaker 1: My dog of fourteen years died. Oh I'm waiting. He is not interested. Yeah, I don't understand why he won't just pop by. He knows that that would make for great content, but also what would be I'm fretting a nice but so, yeah, it's I wonder why they do come to you, like, I don't know. I think it's great. I think it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe it's a good thing, like you've left them with no doubt that they can move on and that you'll be okay, and that you don't need to like dredge them up from the beyond.
Speaker 2: To like, you know, worry about you.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like that helps your mourning? Yeah, I would think so too. Yes, yeah, because they're like, I'm okay, everything's fine, and that makes me feel better.
Speaker 3: They usually have some sort of weird well, like a couple of them my grandmother's had kind of this. It wasn't so much words as a feeling like I don't even know how to explain it, but like some of the things that you've been dreaming of doing, or like really wanting four is like will happen for you kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: Just strange, Yeah, like it's weird.
Speaker 3: Shortly after like my grandmother passed away in like twenty eight seventeen, was it.
Speaker 2: Now, We've been trying to do music like our whole lives, like for.
Speaker 3: Hundreds of years and never really got anywhere, and like we were at the point of being like, that's why we started Twin Temple is like, well, let's just do a project where we get to do absolutely everything we want that like will never have like suits involved with that, will never like have to be anything but what we truly love. But I was at this junction where I was just like I probably should just you know, never dream of doing this anymore, and I should just quit and I should just keep doing these crappy jobs that I don't love and do music as like a hobby.
Speaker 2: And my grandma was like, nah, you're you're to do it.
Speaker 3: Like in so many words, because she always like followed my career and she cut the little, you know, articles out if we ever got a crappy local piper to you know, put my name in it or anything. And she actually liked singing and like wanted to be a singer at one point. You know, her dad was a singer, sang it like the pub and stuff, so she was rooting for me and she kind of told me that. And shortly after we signed with our agent in the.
Speaker 2: Most like it shouldn't have happened, Like.
Speaker 3: We literally cold called our agent who also like Books, Ghost and Slayer and you know, all these great bands, and we're like, we just emailed him. We found his email like out of the blue, like hunted it down. We're just like, hey, want to like fuck us on a tour? And he wrote back wow and was like yo.
Speaker 2: This music is brad Like yeah, I actually do when we're like what co So.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I had that reassurance from her, and it literally happened when I was out in England like at her.
Speaker 2: Funeral, and it was really strange.
Speaker 3: I can't really explain it, but she kind of said like don't give up, you know, and so it kind of gave me this strength to just be like.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: It was her my gavel, yeah, but it was.
Speaker 2: So strange that our agent, which is like yeah, hi, like I don't.
Speaker 3: Can you just email people like I mean, like Hollywood, I'm a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Do and they don't get that response. Yeah, so that's incredible.
Speaker 2: So it was pretty weird. So I don't know, you know, maybe too serious conversation.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we love that hair. Here's another question with you guys having your thud with the spooky thing, the imagery, the whatever. Now that I know you guys have like a belief of this stuff. You know, you're open minded to the idea of ghosts and all that, Like, do you ever feel that you might conjure up some dark energy?
Speaker 4: No, I guess, well, it's like other than me in the morning. I think I think about it, like the concept of evil is so subjective as it is, you know, because like, well we deem evil somewhere else in the world they do not, or vice versa. So I think, like the idea that there are just like evil spirits around doesn't even exist because they can't because it's so subjective. Because like I look at like a horror you know, a picture of a a horror film, and I'm like, oh, that looks cool. Another person gets scared or another person gets like queasy, So like there is no blanket good or evil. Oh, I do think though, in the practice of magic, you can you know, evoke or invoke energies that are just like reservoirs of energy that have been kind of placed there for certain like a tool, like you go to workshop and you grab a tool for something, so like you can't access energies that have certain and tools certain abilities. But I don't think they're evil or anything like that. You know, it's all how you use them. You know, like magic is like a tool and it's in the owner, you know, the person's discretion, you know, how they use it.
Speaker 1: I've been thinking a lot lately, like there's all these people that will find my social media and they'll tell me I'm evil and alone I'm just over here like making silly jokes about like I went on a date the other day, and they're like, yeah, evil whatever. So I'm like, you know what, I've always been so afraid that a demon's going to pop up next to my bed in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, because people call you evil.
Speaker 1: No, no, just I've just been scared of that idea. But now I'm like, maybe a demon would see me and be like, sucker, we see you. Yeah, what you're doing is great.
Speaker 2: Keep it up probably, Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's your interpretation.
Speaker 1: I love that pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Hell has all the cool people.
Speaker 1: That's what I keep thinking, Like, those are going to be our roommates, so you have to like be cool with all the people that are going there.
Speaker 2: That's why we're starting now.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why I invited you guys here because I want to be where the good music is in the afterlife.
Speaker 2: You know what. There's wait, so we got rock and Roll down in Hill.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: You also were saying that you have a story about.
Speaker 2: The Whaley House. Have you been there?
Speaker 1: Of course, I've been at Whale.
Speaker 2: Anything happened when you're there?
Speaker 1: The Whaley House in San Diego, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was another birthday. I have a pattern.
Speaker 1: I've been a few times there. I've never been able to like have it to myself, you know. I've always been there during during business hours. Yeah, and I can't say I've ever experienced anything, Okay, but you have.
Speaker 4: Well, when we were in the courthouse all the sentencing for the hangings.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've seen the things spin around like there's like a it's not a chandelier, some kind of lighter picture. One time that happened and I was like, Okay, that's something I don't.
Speaker 4: We just heard like papers shuffling and like you could just kind of hear murmurs, like it was almost like you were sitting in on like a like before you hear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was just like chairs kind of shuffling, like papers, like low talking, and we thought that you know how sometimes you go to museums and they have sounds that are like.
Speaker 1: Recreating like the time period.
Speaker 2: The time period.
Speaker 3: So we were like, oh, like we didn't think anything of it at all, and then.
Speaker 2: We asked the tour lady after, like what was.
Speaker 3: The happened in that courtroom? And what were like, what was the like noises supposed to be? And she's like what noise? And we're like we both independently heard it and didn't even really talk about it though, because I was like, you were that right, and he was like yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I was like it wasn't it was like courtroom ghost. So it wasn't like it's evabillating or anything, but it was a thing.
Speaker 1: It's like what they call residual hauntings, where it's yeah, probably sort of like these little moments in time that are just replaying over and over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was like super boring, like haunted by papers, haunted by like paper. Yeah, yeah, yeah, my paper. I feel like we have so many ghost stories to talk about.
Speaker 1: Tell me one more one mare.
Speaker 2: No, because you were there for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yea, that's true, you.
Speaker 2: Left me.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Okay. So we were on tour. And what is the name of the hotel?
Speaker 4: It's it's in San Antonio.
Speaker 2: Where Robert Johnson cut a record.
Speaker 4: He recorded as only like known recordings.
Speaker 1: Who's Robert Johns?
Speaker 4: Robert Johnson? Have you heard the story of like the blues guitar player who sold his soul at the Crossroads?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have heard that story.
Speaker 4: That's Robert Johnson.
Speaker 1: So can you remind me that story? Though I know I've heard it, But what is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So Robert Johnson? What like in the twenties, Robert Johnson is a blues guitar player who reportedly sucked, couldn't play at all, and he disappears from a little town and again supposedly sells his soul to the devil at the crossroads. Comes back turn for the ability to play, to play and sing now and supposedly he had this like double voice where he could sing and they would be like two voices coming.
Speaker 2: Out at once, like pitch harmonics.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't really hear that in his recordings personally, they're hunting, they're cool, they sound great. Yeah, and then he comes back and oh he's a guitar tredder, you know whatever. So he records it's for his only album there at this hotel.
Speaker 2: Gunter Gun, yeahn Gunter Gun something like that.
Speaker 4: I've got it. I've got a fact check some stupcoming, which it is. It is the Gunter wonderful.
Speaker 3: Well, I we didn't know anything about this hotel, but you just showed up randomly.
Speaker 4: We didn't even know it was Robert Johnson, which is cool because we're fans. That was what the heck.
Speaker 3: Well, he wasn't in the house though, Robert was not there, So I was in the hotel room and Zach was like, I'm gonna go out or whatever.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go out? And I was like really tired. Oh you you were doing I don't know ya, we just went out. You went out.
Speaker 1: What what were you doing?
Speaker 2: Probably carrying on like we used to back in the day.
Speaker 4: That's what you do, okay.
Speaker 3: I was just staying in the hotel room, and it was like I'm going to order room service and just like hang out and watch you know, TV and.
Speaker 1: Then what does the Satanist watch on TV?
Speaker 2: Christmas movies?
Speaker 1: Spooky Hallmark?
Speaker 2: Yeah those are the scariest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, I was just like watching random.
Speaker 2: Hotel TV and I had the full shebang.
Speaker 3: Lights flickered, it became icy cold in the room, like I could see my breath, it was freezing, and I was like messing with the thermostat and I just had that feeling of someone's in this room, and I was like, is it the room.
Speaker 2: Service that's here?
Speaker 1: Is what? Like?
Speaker 3: I got really scared because I actually thought someone was there and I was all broken alone.
Speaker 4: Or like I just yeah, and you started texting.
Speaker 3: I started texting him like I think someone's here, Like I don't know, I'm really scared.
Speaker 2: Can you come back? Like this is so weird.
Speaker 3: Of course, by the time he comes back, none of these weird creepy things are happening, so he was just like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're like a lie.
Speaker 1: She drag you out of the strip club or wherever you are.
Speaker 4: Rushed back, so.
Speaker 2: That place was just like what, you're cold?
Speaker 3: Like I don't know because you're I was just like, I don't know, it's really cold, so how did we figure?
Speaker 4: You started certain? You were like, this is really weird, so you started googling and then she starts texting me it's haunted, it's haunted, and I'm just like, yeah, yeah, whatever, I don't I don't know. I wasn't really paying.
Speaker 2: Attention, you know, yeah, this is our relationship. But yeah, So I found out that.
Speaker 3: A grizzly unsolved murder happened a few doors down from my hotel room, where they found a bathtub full of blood and no.
Speaker 2: Body and nobody no, Like, I think they don't know where her body is.
Speaker 4: I don't think they found it.
Speaker 2: I don't think they because I was trying to search what happened. They might have found it in like the water tower or that was.
Speaker 1: Like does the Cecil Hotel?
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, Okay, yeah, so they just had a bathtub full of blood and this young lady who was murdered, and then I lost it.
Speaker 4: I was just like, then I think we came back.
Speaker 1: You're like, did you find that out when you were there?
Speaker 3: I was like googling it afterwards because I was just like, what is this Why is this hotel so cold?
Speaker 2: Like why what is going on?
Speaker 3: Like that was like not the potpourri haunting. This was like you know, horror movie haunting, like really scary, Like it scared the living hell out of me.
Speaker 1: I do that all the time when I'm in a haunted hotel or what if I go to any hotel anywhere. Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's a ramata whatever. As soon as I'm laying in bed and I'm done for the night with my show or whatever and I'm just like chilling, I will google this specific place is it haunted? And sometimes I should do that before I get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'm gonna start doing that before.
Speaker 1: Few times I have found like articles of like really murder occurs or whatever.
Speaker 2: I did not like it.
Speaker 3: I would not actively pursue that feeling, and I would avoid it because yeah, well, I mean, I'm never staying in that hotel again. I hated the experience. It felt awful, like it felt like you're, you know, dying kind of.
Speaker 1: Did you write a yelp? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I gave him like log to yelp.
Speaker 1: Are the review? Are there's satanic? Karens? Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Not that I've met.
Speaker 1: I think there's witch Karens.
Speaker 4: Oh, for sure, there's probably.
Speaker 1: There's paranormal Karens. There's there's a lot of like like, actually, that's not how you do that ritual you're supposed to like girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually, oh we have gotten that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, like more witchcraft. Like people like to think there's only one way, you know what I mean, it's just no.
Speaker 1: I totally know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: But yet as we're talking like, we have so many paranormal experiences.
Speaker 1: Actually, well, I hope you guys will want to come back again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we love to thank you for having us.
Speaker 1: Let's do one last thing because we do this pretty much every episode. Can I play some ghost voice through? Yeah, it's time for EVP or ev please. Okay, So what I do is I go to YouTube and I find EVPs Electronic Voice phenomenon. Okay, this is when people believe they've captured a ghost speaking. Okay, So I'm going to play two of them, and I'll give you an abc D option of what they believe the ghost is saying, and I want you to choose the right answer.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna a this.
Speaker 1: This first one was posted by someone on YouTube named Kenda Elise, and it is at their local Cracker Barrel Old Country Store.
Speaker 4: Cracker Barrel Ghost.
Speaker 1: They believe that their Cracker Barrel's Old Country Store is haunted.
Speaker 2: Haunted by the Biscuits.
Speaker 4: Wonderful.
Speaker 1: It sounds like they recorded this during business hours. Uh what is this ghost saying? Okay, okay, so you can hear yes, so you can hear some you can hear people talking in the background, but then you can hear this voice. It's kind of like, man, they're kind of thing. It sounds like they're singing like.
Speaker 4: A jingle, little R and B. Can we hear it again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can sample that if you're now we're gonna maybe, are you dude?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to give it some edge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not a bad guess.
Speaker 2: So they bob up.
Speaker 1: I'll give you some options. Okay, do they think it was A. It is Nancy, Nancy, I got name Nancy. Do they think it was B This.
Speaker 5: Food is nasty? C I'm feeling fancy or d ooh that's tasty?
Speaker 1: Okay, which one is that? I'm going to play it again one more time. Actually, I'll probably play it more than once.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be nasty.
Speaker 3: Yah, knowing what I know about the cracker barrel, it's definitely it is nasty.
Speaker 2: I'm not except any other it is.
Speaker 1: Actually, ah, it is nancy, now that we know that potatoes potatoes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I can hear the sea.
Speaker 1: You can kind of hear it. Okay, wait, I have one more for you. This one is another interesting one. It was recorded at a crossroads, or well sort of not a crossroads like.
Speaker 4: I like the vintage totally.
Speaker 1: Somebody was selling their clothes. Now, it was recorded at a train train tracks. That's the word. A train is going by, and they believe that they've captured a voice speaking as the train goes by. Their YouTube channel is called they still speak, okay, what is this ghost saying?
Speaker 2: Okay, it just sounds like a train.
Speaker 1: Well, there is a train going by. But then there's a voice that's like okay, okay. Now there's a squeaky as well that they need to loop up those train tracks. But there's a.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna need the.
Speaker 1: Okay. Did they think it was a would you eat B? I want you to teach C what do you mean? Or D where's the beef.
Speaker 2: That's grow? I still don't even hear.
Speaker 3: Is it the worst they.
Speaker 1: Believe it is? Be I want you to teach. Okay, now that we know that, let's see if we can hear that.
Speaker 2: I can hear.
Speaker 1: I think it's I want you to eat or something.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 3: I like option a would you eat that a ghost would haunt a train, just.
Speaker 2: To be like, would you eat?
Speaker 1: What did you eat?
Speaker 3: Like I'm assuming the person farted right, and then like they're just like smelling it and like haunting a ghost to troll them over the smell right?
Speaker 1: As I always say, farts and burbs are the ghosts of food. Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm going Option one.
Speaker 1: Wow, Twin Temple. I can't believe that the two of you have found each other. I think that there's something supernatural to that.
Speaker 2: I had to dig for a long time.
Speaker 4: Took a lot of digging six feet.
Speaker 1: You guys are cool. Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 2: I was so fun.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 2: I love your podcast. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I want people to listen to your music and support all that you do. So where do they do all that? Tell us what we need to know? You touring?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going on tour, Allen Angels tour, Twin temple dot com for all that stuff, and we're on We're on all the usual stuff and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well you're dark sided and I think that we should all send bibles to you. Thank you. Yeah you do not, No, I think you has a great Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you, this so fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Zachary and Alexandra from twin Temple. See, Satanists aren't always so bad, right, Please don't show up at my house. Please please don't do any of that stuff to be okay, I'm just a nice lady tell of jokes and having an open mind and giving a platform to people that I think are doing something harmless and wonderful. Thank you so much for listening. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came back. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at Ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at it's roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spookky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.