Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervb Are you ready? When you're ready, let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on or Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Tenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with Andrews Aian And yes, we are here seven days a week, believe it or not, not always the same person hosting the show. But Monday through Sunday we are here, and it is Monday here on the show, and you know what that means. Well, so we've got a lots to talk about because it is double or nothing weekend and I will be hitting to Vegas on Friday for all the festivities. Be there Friday, Saturday, Sunday, coming home Monday, and we got a lot going on if you're also going to Vegas over a Memorial Day weekend, We've got a dinner at Texas Day Brazil we're all going to be attending. We've got a Sweet party on Saturday night. We've got our own section at the Double or Nothing Show. We've got a brunch, a bunch of other things as well, and if you'd like to attend any of it, including the Brian and Vinnie Live Show, which is taking place on Saturday before ed in San Antonio's Poetair six well, tickets for that are available as well at for W online dot com slash Vegas. But we can go over the full lineup for the AW show. We had collision and rampage this weekend and a lot of people talk about a lot of things as it regards AW. Maybe we'll talk about some of it today. We've got a lot of other news as well, including raw tonight. The King of the Ring tournament continues. They also have a pay per view this weekend from Saudi Arabia, so we'll tell you about that. The lineup thus far, and there has been a couple of couple of well, you know, WWE does all this press, so we'll tell you about some of the things that have come out of that, including Cody talking about his time in aw Mary Gold ran their debut event, and Filthy Tom is on the beat. He will be talking about it on our show coming up at two Pacific five eastern here today, and a lot of other news as well. If you want to Texas four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six f W online at gmail dot com, as well as threads, Instagram and cameo at Bryan Elvers on Twitter. Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 3: Do you use the expensive blue or yell pills to charge your sex life? Are you thinking about it? What if we can promise you the same results for less than three dollars a pill. If you're paying twenty dollars a pill for the other pills you're getting taken to the cleaners, our pills deliver the exact same results for less than three dollars. You'll save more than sixteen dollars a pill for the same results. And right now Radio Collars will get forty four blue or yellow pills for one hundred and twenty bucks with free discrete shipping. You can save more than seven hundred dollars off pharmacy prices. Charge your sex life now and save a ton of money. Call now and get your forty four pills and save over seven hundred dollars and qualify for free shipping. Stop overpaying and call right now.
Speaker 4: Pay four by steel Man pills eight hundred nine six five one two nine five eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five. That's eight hundred nine six five twelve ninety five.
Speaker 5: Do you have Medicare and do you use a seapap machine. This is a National Healthcare alert regarding your SEAPAP supplies. Using a clean seapap mask and clean supplies is important to staying healthy. The best way to make sure your SEATPAP equipment is clean is to get new supplies. If you have Medicare, we have great news. Medicare will pay for you to have new clean supplies every ninety days. We'll even do all the paperwork for you to make sure that there's little to no out of pocket cost to you, and you don't even have to leave your home. We provide free in home delivery, So if you're a SEAPAP user and you have medicare. Staying healthy with new SEATPAP equipment is easy. Just make this free phone call right now to get started.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by Specialty Medical. Eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine. That's eight hundred nine one three at eighty seven thirty nine.
Speaker 6: Remember in the beginning, when you first started to build a life for you and your family, you never imagined it would come to this. Instead of living your dreams, you are living with debt. In fact, it's smothering you. Now there's a way you can take back control with one simple call. If you owe ten thousand dollars or more in credit card debt, you qualify to receive a free, no obligation consultation on how to get rid of that debt for good. Call the Debt Helpline. Now we work on your behalf to reduce your debt. We specialize in credit cards, retail store cards, and medical bills. One simple call is all it takes to get the ball rolling to a debt free life. Stop living with debt and start living your dreams. Call the Debt helpline now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred nine four three two one five three eight hundred nine four three two one five three eight hundred nine four three two one five three. That's eight hundred nine four to three.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperbeb on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simper viv also Wrestling Observer dot Com. Yes, what's going on?
Speaker 7: No, a whole lot?
Speaker 1: How's everything sounding sounding? Seems like it's sounded fine.
Speaker 7: Pretty good. That's when dial's over there. I was, I don't know what you're.
Speaker 1: Doing right now. I was. I was doing an email about something completely unrelated everything else, and all of a sudden I heard the music. There's my twitch. Boy, did I miss those guys this weekend? I turned it on at the wrong time. All right, Well, let's talk about some stuff, all right, Roz. Tonight we have got King of the Rings semifinal matches. Guntherur is going to be facing Jay and Lyra val Kaira will be facing EO Sky, and Sammy Zain will be facing Chad Gable in a non tournament match. So guntherer and jay Uso is interesting because both guys they don't beat a lot. Actually they beat jay a lot more than Gunther. But I do feel that good chance jay Uso is winning. Let me get the whole brackets all right, all right, King of the Ring twenty twenty four. Good thing, I had these up before the show started. Okay, so here are here's here's where we are. Okay, we're down to these semi finals. Yes, so on the one side of the bracket, Gunther and jay Uso and also Randy Orton Tomatonga. One of those four is going to be the new King of the Ring. Gunther, jay Uso, Randy Orton, Tomatonga. Now, I believe that it's gonna come down to jay us So versus Tomatonga. I think Juso is winning, but I don't put it past them to have King Tonga. I think that's a possibility. But the thing is, I believe in the storyline. I believe in the storyline. You know, Tomatanga is currently he's ranked below Solo and he's ranked below Roman Reigns. Right, Roman Reigns are the tribal chief. But he's gone Okay, So Solo's kind of the new tribal chief, which is a very intricate storyline by the way, because he claims he's talking to Roman all the time. I don't buy for a second. But anyway, so Tomatanga being the king ranked third, like you could do a story if you're gonna do like a power struggle. I don't think they're doing that right now with Tomatanga. Whereas jay Uso, you know, he can now say he's the king of the former bloodline. Plus, jay USO's do a big win.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: I talk to people the shows and they're like, you know, Jay's like the most over guy on the show. It's the exception of Cody. So I think that jay Uso is gonna win over tom A Tonga in the finals. Then we've got the women's side where we have Eo, sky Lyra, Naya and Bianca.
Speaker 7: Okay, m yeah, yeah, Well what's the matter?
Speaker 1: Well, I hate talking about stuff like this, you know, you know the you know the problem is with being me a lot of them. But one of the problems with being me is I am a a world renowned professional wrestling journalist and reporter, but I'm also a fan, Yes you are, so. I like to look at things through the fan lens and a humble fan, yes, and make predictions. But then sometimes when I do that, people presume that, well, I'm I'm telling you what's really happening, and then they write stupid stories on the Internet and people yell at me. You know what I'm saying. So here's what I'm gonna say about all of this. Okay, here's what I'm gonna say about all of this. So let's go back to the women's quarterfinals. Okay, all right, we had Shana Bezler and Eo sky Lyra and Zoe Stark and then we had Naya Jacks and Jade Cargill and Tiffany Stratton and Bianca bel Air. Yes, okay, yes, I don't know, man, whole thing's kind of weird. The whole thing's just kind of weird to me. Yeah, because there was a thing that happened with Tiffany Stratton where I won't go into all of the details, but essentially, and I could even be wrong on the details, but someone posted a video, I believe, on Instagram and it was footage of I guess Tiffany punching Jade. Is that right, Yes, and somebody had done a voiceover and said something that was certainly not right, okay, and Tiffany liked it, right, So what happened She liked it something, she acknowledged it in a positive way. We can say that, okay. So then you know, people were like what and then you know, they start looking, digging into her background and everything and finding things that they find questionable. And so it was. You know, I know that there are people that saying it was never a thing or whatever, but it was a thing. And I know this because I heard that it was a thing. I didn't even know what happened, and I had people that were telling me, you know, something's going on here, and ultimately nothing allegedly became of it. But you know, we had this this tournament here where I figured that Jade was going to beat Naya and Tiffany was going to beat Bianca, and so we would get Tiffany versus Jade in the semifinals. Okay, I thought Jade was going to win the entire thing. Okay, But what happened was Tiffany ends up losing to Bianca. Now, maybe listen, I want to make this clear. Maybe this was the entire plan all the way from day one. Okay, that is certainly possible. But coming off this controversy, Tiffany loses to Bianca, and I was pretty certain that they were not going to do Bianca and Jade in this tournament. So Bianca moves on in the tournament, and then Jade Cargill loses via d Q in the lamest finish ever to Nya Jacks. Okay, I don't know, man. I think that it's possible that Tiffany and Jade were gonna move on to the semifinals and that is where they were gonna do whatever they're gonna do with the Jade if she wasn't gonna win, I can't imagine that because of something that happen with Tiffany, Jade is no longer winning a tournament she was gonna win. But maybe Tiffany and Jade they were gonna do the same chair finish or whatever. Tiffany goes on to the finals and then either wins the entire tournament, which a lot of people have been saying maybe Tiffany could win the tournament, or losing to whoever wins the EO Lyra match. So I can't say that this happened. I don't know, but Nya, Jackson, Bianca, bell Air and this and then Eosky and Lyra, Like I just look at these four and it's like, what are the finals? Like, what are the finals? EO versus Nya, EO versus Bianca, Lyra and Bianca, Like it's just weird.
Speaker 7: I don't know, Well, Bianca and EO is just a really really good match, So you know you're going to get that in the Queen of the Ring finals, so you have that going for you. Maybe they were going to do Jay defeats Nya in the same type of finish that they ended up doing, and then in the semifinals because it's Saudi Arabia and you can get away with this kind of finish. There, Naya comes out and does something that trips her up, which lets Tiffany, you know, advance. I don't know. I don't know what exactly the plan was or if anything that happened with Tiffany threw things off or anything like that. But they are also really pushing Lyra hard right now, associating her with so her going to the final. Maybe you can do that in Bianca and you just say, hey, you're having a good match. Again, it's Saudi Arabia. I don't think that this is at the forefront of their creative right now. I think they're trying to just get this stuff out of the way. They had backlash, and let's move forward with these newly drafted rosters and get some things going that way.
Speaker 1: So then we've got the NXT show tomorrow. They have officially announced that the three way has been changed Wes Lee, Josh Briggs and Joe Coffee because Ivar was supposed to be in that match but Ivar is legitimately injured and it appears to be serious. And then we've got Jada Parker, Brinley, Reeese six Pack Challenge Qualifier, THEA and fallin same thing and Naddy and Karmen Petrovitch versus Shana and Lola. This was a tape show, so if you want spoilers, they're easy to find. Back in a moment, i'msu WeLive.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alfarez and Mike semper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back kind of the show.
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, apparently during the break there was like this giant debate because you know, last week got to talk about the show is every day, and then someone on Twitter was like, it's not every day. This actually is every day. It's Monday through Sunday. Yeah, and Jim Valley's there Saturday, and Andrews there on Sunday. And now people are arguing that it's really not because there was no show on Friday, and they're debating whether it was a show on Friday. And the answer is everybody, there was a show Friday, but it was not live Friday. It was taped and put up on the website. Yes, okay, So is that is that what we're good now?
Speaker 7: Controversy? Yes?
Speaker 1: I believe so. Really so, there were there were seven Wrestling Observer lives in the last week. Yeah, all right, okay, let's move on. Swift Bunch, Dynamite Swarms, Tricklin versus Nick Wayne in Bakersfield, California. Well, we have got Hook Shabata and Brian Keith three way number one contender match for the FTW title. I want to talk about that one in a minute, all right, Rodert Strong and Trent Barrett versus Orange Cassidy and will Ospray, Tony Storm and Mariah May versus Soriah and Harley Cameron.
Speaker 7: Another one just talking.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna run over the lineup that I'm gonna talk about this in great depth. Kyle o'reiley versus Malachi Black, Brian Danielson versus Sat Sing Can someone this guy in No Bullet Club Gold will do a promo Takesha versus Matt's sidel a preview of Willow and Mercedes at My Favorite And this is a direct quote. John Moxley will be in the building. I wish last week they would have announced as part of the Dynamite lineup. Producer Rob will be in the restroom.
Speaker 7: Carly Bright will be in the locker room to break up fights.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know it feels like we're all piling on aw lately, but it's just I don't want to. I had a good time at Dynamite. I really had a great time. I had so much fun at that show. I'm excited to go to Double or Nothing weekend. But let's talk about some of this, all right. Would it have been so hard for Swerve and Nick Wayne to do their match in Everett? Why is this match in Bakersfield? Can somebody explain this to me? The best. The best that I can come up with is their timing was wrong. They had to break up the Mogul embassy. It left them a week late, and so they shot the angle in Everett and they're doing the match in Bakersfield.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, let me play. Let me try to play devil's advocate on this a little bit and.
Speaker 1: Just say, I know what you're gonna say, but go ahead.
Speaker 7: He got revenge in his hometown by bloodying up the champion by doing the same exact thing to him as was done in the garage at his house. So there's that, let's sense up and it gave him a chance to kill Jack Cartwheel. It looked like a guy that is ready to step up and face the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'll be devil's Devil's advocate, go ahead. So so break the thing over his head the week before and say, exactly one year later or whatever in my hometown, I'm gonna pin you in the middle of the ring. Yeah, and then he beats Jack carrweel last week instead of this week.
Speaker 7: Or he could have been getting wins, you know, for a couple of weeks leading into this, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then then we've got this one. This is one of the biggest problems with aw I mean literally virtually every problem I have with his entire show in one match. Okay, it's Hook, Shabata, and Brian Keith. Okay, So last week on Dynamite, Chris Jericho said, Hook, if you want to shot at my title, you must win a qualifying match. And then Shabata showed up, and you know, Hook's talking about his match, and Shabada says, what if the opponent is me? It goes what Shabata goes, I want to shot it Jericho as well, and then Samoa Joe, who's been doing nothing except training. Apparently he had done a thing since losing the title. He just does training videos. He shows up and he makes fun of both guys. Okay, So I'm at the show, literally at the show as a fan. The show ends, I have no earthly idea what's going on in Collision. I only know that Hook has a qualifier. Maybe it's with Shebata and maybe it's with Joe, But I don't have any idea. Okay. So then we go to Collision and Jericho cuts a promo and he wishes Hook luck in his qualifier. Okay, so Hook then comes out. I'm like, okay, well, let's find out what his qualifier is. So Hook comes down to the ring and out comes Johnny TV. I'm like, who what? Okay whatever? So Hook beats Johnny TV and they say he is qualified for a three way qualifier on Wednesday.
Speaker 7: He qualified for the qualifier.
Speaker 1: You say that, that's exactly what happened. Okay, all right? So then outcomes Shebada, Like, who's he gonna face Joe? Maybe?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Outcomes Sabada to face Rocky Romero.
Speaker 7: But before he does, they acknowledge each other on the ramp.
Speaker 1: Yes, so he faces Rocky Romero. Hey listen, I love Rocky, but like what, he beats him. They announced that Shabata is now qualified for the qualifier. Okay, Now, I think I've got to figure it out because they didn't tell us. It's one of the many problems. They don't tell you what's going on. It's a it's top secret what the matches are gonna be. They don't even tell like the production people until like an hour before the show. I'm not even making that up. Nobody knows anything. He keeps everything top secret from everybody, which is another story. But I'll get to that later. So I'm thinking, okay, next out will come Samoa Joe, but instead out comes Brian Keith.
Speaker 7: They acknowledge each other.
Speaker 1: I thought, okay, Brian Keith, well he'll he'll get killed by Joe. So I'm waiting for them at Joe's music and instead, as God above as my witness, here out comes Jacked Jamison. That's who came out, and he brings with him. I'm hoping there are people in the chat that didn't watch Collision anything. I'm making this up. He brings out with him Beefcake Boulder, who's a big, fat, hairy guy, and he starts talking about his nipples and titty City. Can you say that this is also a qualifying match? What does Beefcake Boulder and Brian Keith have to do with anything anything? They ring the bell and they have this match. Titty City is a place everybody, Why are you angry at me? They have this match, Brian Keith wins. Brian Keith is in a qualifying match. He has won a qualifier to be in a qualifier for a three way. Oh, I'm like, what is happening? So now now let's break all of this down. First off, why the hell can you make this clear on Wednesday? What's going on on Collision? It was an absolentce, complete and utter mystery. If I had driven from Seattle all the way to Portland, one of the worst cities on the West Coast, Oh wait, no, it is to watch this show. And I went in not having any clue what was going on, and this was presented to me, I'd have been real mad. But anyway, so they do this bizarre thing. They don't tell us anything about it. Nobody in the building has any idea what's going on because they don't even announce during the ring intros is a qualifying match? They just announce these guys they come out for their match, and I'm like, okay, whatever's the usual problem. We don't announce anything. It's all a mystery. You just show up because you want to see a show, but there's nothing. Not shown up for anything in particular because you don't know what's gonna be on the show. But why is Brian Keith in here? Because it's the other major issue with AW and that is everyone stays at the same level forever. You can't do hook Shabbada and Joe because you gotta beat one of them. Well, we can't beat Joe. Clearly, we're not gonna beat Shabbada. We're not gonna beat Hook. So we have to have some rando when a rando qualifier between two randos who have nothing to do with anything in this feud, to put them in so that the word the rando can be beaten. So when this is all said and done, Hook is gonna be in the exact same spot he was before. Shabbada is gonna be the exact same spot he was before, and Brian Keith will be in the exact same spot he was before.
Speaker 7: And once again, nobody actually succeeds being suck to the vortex of Jericho.
Speaker 1: No, it's not even the Jericho thing, dude, but let's think about it. Forget, forget it's even Jericho. Okay, I know you're on the Jericho thing. Let's pretend that Joe won the FTW title. Okay, Joe beat Hook for the FTW title. You do this program here, it's leading to a three way, which presumably Hook is going to win. Hook is in a googo on the pay per view and he's gonna beat Samoe, Joe or in this case Chris Jericho likely and he's gonna win the FTW title. Okay. So at the end of all of this, whether it's Jericho, whether it's Joe or whoever, it ends with Jericho or Joe being in the exact same spot and Hook being in the exact same spot as the FTW champion, which has been for years. I'll be right back, Deserver Live.
Speaker 9: I'm still going for it. Even with higher stroke risks from atrial fibrillation in a regular heartbeat not caused by a heart valve problem. Over a three year study, Eloquist epixevan tablets reduce stroke risks better than Wafferin, and over ninety seven percent of Eloquist patients did not experience a stroke. A first stroke occurred in two point nine percent of warfaring patients versus two point three percent of Eloquist patients.
Speaker 10: Don't stop taking prescription eloquests without asking your doctor. It may increase your stroke risk. Eloquests can cause serious and a rare case is fatal bleeding. Don't take eloquis if you have an artificial heart valve, abnormal bleeding or antiphospholipid syndrome. While taking you may bruise more easily or take longer for bleeding to stop. A spinal injection while Oneloquist increases risk of blood clots, which may cause paralysis the inability to move. Get medical help right away for unexpected bleeding, unusual bruising or tingling, numbness, or muscle weakness. Medications such as aspirin products, insets, SSRIs, SNRIs, and blood thinners may increase bleeding risk. Tell your doctor about all planned medical or dental procedures. Learn more at Eloquist dot com or call one eight five five Eloquists.
Speaker 8: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of this six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published, Make your dreams happen. Call Dourrance Publishing right now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three, eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 11: Has someone in your family lost a job recently and now you can't afford your mortgage payment, or do you have a rental property and your tenants aren't paying you. Quick Cash Offer can come to the rescue and pay you cash for your home immediately. Yes, sell your home and get cash all over the phone, without dealing with real estate agents and risking your safety by showing your home to lukewarm buyers. You don't need to lose your home to foreclosure. If you have any equity in your home, we will buy it and give you cash within days, all in a simple over the phone and virtual process. Call Quick Cash Offer now before the economy gets worse. Sell a home you can't afford or just don't want to get the cash you need today.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five, eight hundred seven eight eight one four eight hundred seven eight eight one four ninety five. That's eight hundred seven eight eight fourteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: You were most to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: By the show, Brian Elvaz here Wrestling Observer Live. I don't want to keep going, but let somebody here goes if everyone say at the same level, forever Swerve never wins the AW title and Roddy never wins the International title. Hold on a second, we Swerve has the AW World title around his waist. Where is he okay? Imagine nobody has a belt? Where is Swerve now compared to where he was before he won the title. He's in the exact same spot. He's feuding with Christian who's claim to a championship match is I don't even know. He's coming off a loss in his last match for a title. He vanished and he came back and put himself in the title picture with some explanation about how we used to team or something like that. And it's not the main event of the pay per view. It's an underneath match in Everett. He was over, which he was before. He had a great match, which he had before, and the match was he went fifty to fifty with Brian Cage for twenty minutes. If you take the belts off, everybody where is Swerve now compared to But he's in an exact same spot. If you take the belts off everybody where is Roderick Strong now compared to was he where he was before? He's in the exact same spot. He's got his mustache, he's got his glasses. We almost never see him wrestle. He's doing commentary, and he's got a match coming up with will Osprey in the middle of the.
Speaker 7: Card for a mid card, but that has been a mid card.
Speaker 1: Belt when you have eighteen belts, when you have five singles championships on a single show. I mentioned this the other day. I went to Dynamite with my buddy, Bo knows zilch about wrestling. I don't think he's watched wrestling since like the Monday Night Wars. But he does jiu jitsu with me. No, he does jiu jitsu with me, And I was like, I'm going to the show. You want to go, Rob's gonna be there, and you know, he goes, sure, we have another buddy who trains nave and he I invited him and I was like, hey, we're all going. You want to go? He says sure, So he went, okay, had a great time. Like I said, I had a great time. Okay, but the show's over. We leave, start heading to the car, and he doesn't ask me one question about any of the characters or any of the storylines. He's not like, hey, you know what, what's the deal with you know those guys that are in charge of nothing. He doesn't ask anything. We just start talk about other things and got other things he wants to talk about. But then he does bring up one question and he just stops me and he goes, I just wanted to make sure we had three title matches on that show. I said, yes, there were three championship matches on the show. He goes, it's kind of a lot, isn't it. I said, dude, there's like eighteen belts. He went what I said, Yes, that was the one takeaway that he got. So the point is when you have all of these belts and everybody has a belt, but where whether they have a belt or not they're still slotted in the exact same spot. It doesn't matter if Swerve won the title and you put him against will Ospray, a double or nothing for the title in the main event. Now we're talking final match on the show. Now we're talking if his angle was closing out every single show, it was the main event segment. He opened the show doing a main event segment, He closed the show doing a main event segment. The show's built around the guy. That's something. Just putting the belt around his waist and leaving him in the exact same spot means nothing. Orange Cassidy's in the exact same spot. Trent is in the exact same spot. I could go up and down the roster, and you're Anna J's remember Anna J when she was first starting out man few years. It's same broken record. She's in the exact same spot. So that's a problem.
Speaker 7: Even worse than that are people that go for titles and end up in a much worse spot, like possibly Diana Parrazzo and maybe three to deep the way this thing is going, because she had a match against Anna J, the person you just mentioned, and it was a good match for Anna J. It was a good match actually period, But why did he go for so long if you're trying to get deep over as this babyface? And why would it be against Anna J? And why would you give Anna J a babyface comeback coming out of the break, And why does Tony then steal the flag and do a strip tease behind it as Serena goes running up the ramp and they'd hold on the shot for too long and she looks like a schmuck like, I don't get it. I don't get what they're doing. I don't get what they're doing with a lot of the show. And Pac Pac actually said something during his promo, Yes that was make me feel something, and aw does it make people feel a whole lot? And at some point MJF is going to come back and that is going to be great. I don't know right now. I mean there's things that they can do, but boy, you need some jolts to start happening here and well Osbury can be a jolt, but not necessarily how they're using them. Man, you kick off a show like that where Roderick Strong never put him on commentary again.
Speaker 1: I actually like roder Strong, accout you.
Speaker 7: Look I like personally he's such a jerk. But the thing is he's a comedic mid card douche. And you talk about, like, what did at the end of the day the Devil's storyline due for anybody. It didn't do anything for anybody, because there was a little bit there with Strong Taven and Bennett and they've just been bumble Putts's ever since. So I that whole thing I thought was terrible. The Bretta Cassidy feud. I'm sure there's somebody out there who's deep into it and they love it. I mean, look at the post and just let me skip to the end because and then I'll shut up about it. The post match beat down that went on for a long time with Lance Archer and uh Vinnie and Dude beaten down Brian Danielson in FTR. Why were the Young Bucks and Jack Perry not there to conduct that whole thing instead? It's just a long beat down, and then all of a sudden we get Daniel Garcia running out there, and it's like, I don't know, I don't know how they go about doing things or whatever. Maybe these all of these plans ought to not be so top secret and they might want to run through some filters and put some new eyes on it, because a lot of what they do does not make sense and it's not very intriguing right now, not to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a couple of people here, Well we should declare aw No, we should not declare AW dead.
Speaker 7: See there, and in fact, well there's the biggest.
Speaker 1: Here's here's my thing. Listen, if AW were doomed, like who cares, it's done, Okay. The point is they're not. The point is they have an incredible roster.
Speaker 7: They're gonna make a lot of money soon.
Speaker 1: They have an incredible roster. They're probably gonna get a greatly improved television dealer at least better.
Speaker 7: They're not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Nobody says i'd say fifty percent increase. Maybe you know, it's.
Speaker 7: About what wwe do.
Speaker 1: It does matter. Actually some people are respecting. But it's gonna be better. But here's a point.
Speaker 7: Bottom line is it ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 1: The point is it's frustrating because you have everything that you could possibly need to have a great promotion doing significantly better than it's doing right now. And so it's frustrating. When you have all of these pieces, you have an entire puzzle in front of you, a giant, beautiful, colorful puzzle, and you can't put the pieces together in a meaningful way. That's what frustrates me. I wouldn't care if it were sunk. Who cares? The point is it's not. There was a period where WCW was like so far gone, it was like all you can do is laugh at it, make fun of it. But you can't care that much because it's doomed. It is absolutely doomed. AW is nowhere near absolutely doomed. They're not doomed at all. What it is is a whole bunch of wasted potential, which is irritating. And it's like, it's not a lot of solutions that are difficult. It's not like you if you're poor. Let's say you make ten thousand dollars a year and you've got some issue, and it's like, you know what solved this problem? If I had thirty million dollars, okay, well brother, you're toast. Okay. But if you make one hundred thousand a year and to put your kids through college one hundred ten thousand a year, well, if there was something you could do to make ten thousand easily and you weren't doing it, it'd be frustrating. Just do it right. This is not out of me the realm of possibility. These are not difficult fixes.
Speaker 7: No, you're more upset about it than I am. I mean, it's frustrating, but it's one of those things where I've been reviewing wrestling for long before AW came along, and there is plenty out there to discuss if they somehow just poof went away, which absolutely is not going to happen, and people that take all of that and go, oh my god, the downfall of AW, or when you talk about the rating last week, which was terrible by any metric, I don't care if you put the playoffs in there. They had not drawn under three hundred thousand people since like July of twenty twenty one. I mean, it's not things aren't humming right now, and they're not exciting creatively, and it's not oh, wwe this, or it's you know, people's bad feelings, that's what it is. Oh it's something online. No, they're just not clicking right now, and there have been plenty of times when they do, and guess what when it comes to double or nothing when the pay per view happens, Just like almost every single pay per view they had. Regardless of any of this build up we're talking about, it's probably gonna be a kick ass show and worth the money, because those always are. But the fact of the matter is, from week to week, this is a tough show to watch. It's a tough show to get into, and it's a tough show when people leave it to then get back into it. And that's a problem.
Speaker 1: All right, One last thing before we go onto the next topic. Yes, sir, Bakersfield, as of Friday, according to wrestle Takes fifteen hundred tickets could.
Speaker 7: Have did five thousand an effort if you would have advertised swerve in Nick Wayne.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that, but it better. And we've also got double or Nothing, which you know in years past. You know, it's a great example years past, Double or Nothing sold out boom, sixty four hundred tickets right now, I mean set up for seven thousand and the MGM Grand Gardneria, And let me tell you something. MGM holds more than seven thousand, like significantly more. Yes, you could double that easy, but there's sixty four hundred. And you know, I don't care what anyone says about me, what I'm saying, whatever they do double or nothing in Vegas every year, and this year sixty four hundred. That's not basketball, that's not whatever. That's significantly declined interest from your hardcore traveling fan base. So hey, I do want to congratulate cool Hand, Ang and Ruby. So the Actually they did get married this weekend, and a legitimate marriage, and on our front page it said they have seemingly tied the knot. They definitely tied the knot. I got married this weekend and very happy for them. They got their their child coming. So I love to see stuff like that. Sleep now well you can, yes, all right? Uh, I had really nothing else to talk about.
Speaker 7: Just wrap it up for a day on Friday in anymore, they'd never be able to work them again. Right.
Speaker 1: We could talk about Anderson Silvan Schale Son and fighting for a third time in an exhibition boxing match. Holy wait, when did I jail is a glutton for punishment?
Speaker 7: Look, I didn't realize until they said it on SmackDown. So Jake Paul and Mike Tyson is only eight days away.
Speaker 1: That's what they said.
Speaker 7: I'll be damned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's winning?
Speaker 7: I hope Mike Tyson?
Speaker 1: I think there's a decent chance Tyson wins.
Speaker 7: Look he hit some one time. I'm just I'm sorry. Have you seen Mike Tyson train too well?
Speaker 1: Listen, I've seen we saw Rick Flair tray. Okay, here's the issue with training footage. Okay, easy. Anybody can look good for thirty seconds or a minute. If this thing goes twelve rounds, Tyson a winning It takes a half second, but he can knock this guy out in the first three rounds. So please please to Paul's down in one weekend. Please back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: You know, regarding that Tyson training footage, I've been training pretty hard lately.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I have been.
Speaker 1: So today's workout was you do twenty full burpies with the jump in, the full push up twenty and then twenty kettlebell swings with a twenty pound kettlebell. Then you do thirty seconds rest, you do the circuit five times. Okay, So I did this first round. I did the twenty burpies, full push up, full jump grab, that kettlebell. I did twenty swings. I put it down. I swear to god, if you would have filmed that first round, you'd have been like, this guy's on TRT or something. Holy smokes. I felt great. I'm like, you know what, I've supposed to wait thirty seconds. I bet I could do another one right now. But I waited a little bit. Did the second set. Didn't fel quite so great. After that second one. Did that third set, I'm like, I think I can make it through two more. Did that fourth set, I was like, it's been a long time. I probably could just quit right now. I was ready to die after that fifth set, like die. So that's and I don't I forrag how long it took to do one. But you know, one round is gonna be three minutes for Tyson. He's gonna look great in that first round. People are gonna be like, oh my god, he's turned back the clock. But let me tell you something. Put a couple of rounds in. He's I'm forty What am I forty eight? Forty eight? Yes, so he's he's ten years older than I am. Okay, I'm ten years younger than him. Now, grant, I'm not Mike Tyson, but I bet you anything that thing goes past about four rounds, you're gonna see that guy's fifty seven years old.
Speaker 7: You're turning forty nine.
Speaker 1: By the way, not yet. I got a month. But the point is, the point is he's got to get this done quick. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, exactly, do that when you get by the way, go up to Twitter and check out the pictures from the Ruby Soho wedding and make sure you check out Tony Storm and all the pictures. Thank me later, we'll talk to you next time. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.