Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's hour two on this Wednesday, Dan and the Dan Net's Dan Patrick Show once again, thoughts and prayers with everybody out in Los Angeles, Pacific Palisades and the devastation. It looks like it's out of a movie, but it's real. And I mentioned first hour, I was actually texting. I woke up at two in the morning, saw a text from a friend in Los Angeles and he was telling me what was going on as he's evacuating his family. He ended up losing his house. I found out this morning. But the devastation, even when you get out, your family gets out, you still you've lost your home. And you know, we certainly went through this with Reggie Miller when they had the fires a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: It's just you know, you're.
Speaker 2: Watching it and you know, I'm thinking of those families. But I'm also thinking of those firefighters, because if you're a firefighter in the state of California, you're on call, and it just feels like it's not a question of if, but when. But the brave men and women first responders, my heart goes out to you because you're going to be there and they're trying to get this under control, but the winds are so strong, you know, seventy eighty miles per hour. And as my friend said, as he's getting his family out, he said, I'm evacuating. I don't know what direction to go in. He said, I'm and I'm supposed to be strong for my daughters. And he said, you know what, I'm a coward. I was like, you're not so pretty emotional last night for me at two in the morning where he doesn't know where to go because of the winds whipping around there and then ended up losing his home. Well, check in with Chase Daniel. Chase Daniel driving up from San Diego. He works for Fox, the Fox Sports one show, the Facility and I'm sure probably navigating these fires there and he'll join us coming up here in a little bit eight seven to seven to three. DP Show email Addressdpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP Show stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Good morning, if you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app.
Speaker 3: The Gang's all here.
Speaker 2: The Minister of humor, Fritzie Seaton, Marv Paully, yours truly in the back room, guys NBA tonight. I know it may not sound exciting, but it is for me. You got National TV. You got my Cavaliers against my Oklahoma City Thunder. Two best teams.
Speaker 4: Wait, let's wait, do you have both? They could both be yours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I was on their bandwagons years ago. Didn't I give you the Cabs where I said They're going to surprise?
Speaker 3: Didn't? Was I on the Cabs bandwagon early?
Speaker 4: You were okay?
Speaker 3: Was Ison okay? KC a couple of years ago?
Speaker 4: You're the only person watching?
Speaker 3: Yes, I was.
Speaker 2: And you have the Spurs against the Bucks, both national TV. So I got Wemby and I got Yannest. That's fun.
Speaker 3: And I said this. I know it sounded like it was hyperbole. It's not.
Speaker 2: I think Victor Wimba and Yama is going to be an MVP before he's twenty five. His like, his progression is crazy great and then he just kind of figuring this out still, and you watch him sometimes and it's when I saw him against Joker and then Joker said, you know what we're going to be talking about? Him forever. But if you can play offensive defense, he's he's skilled offensive player, and then you add the defensive portion of this and you probably have the best two way player in the game right now. Should have been Defensive Player of the Year last year. Yes, marmin if Giannis is the Greek freak. Is Wemby the super freak?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, oh super freak? A yeah, thank you, Todd, Yes, Paul. He's up to twenty six points per game. He's up to four blocks, both up from last year, eleven rebounds shoot. His three point percentage is up from thirty two percent to thirty seven.
Speaker 2: I know it's once again if if you don't get him now, you're not going to get him like he is now. They don't have a good team. That's a problem. But I kept saying, if you got him a good point guard, then I'd like to see what he can do, because he really needed somebody to direct him and put him in position. I did watch basketball last night, and I started out by going, all right, let me see how good Tennessee basketball is.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that was ugly.
Speaker 2: Florida dominated Tennessee. So Tennessee number one team in the country. They lost seventy three to forty three. Time a number one team lost by that kind of a margin. Houston lost to UCLA one oh one sixty nine. I believe that was in I don't know if that was the national title game, maybe it was semi but that's when Elvin Hayes beat Louel Sindor in the Astrodome when lou had the scratched Cornea. Then they played again in the nc DOMLA tournament and one oh one sixty nine your final that was nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 3: Who stall of a day?
Speaker 5: Stanta Day, Stella a day, Stellata day.
Speaker 3: This is the Stele of the.
Speaker 5: Day, nineteen sixty eight UCLA Bruins.
Speaker 2: So Louel Sindor. I don't know if you had Mike Warren, Yeah you do, Okay? Was Kenny Heights on that team?
Speaker 5: Off the bench?
Speaker 3: Was Lynn Shackleford on that team starting? Okay? Lucius Allen, yep? Who else would have been?
Speaker 5: This is wheelhouse for you, yeah, this whole concept, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah it is yeah, And I was so bummed. I was so bummed when UCLA lost to Elvin Hayes was awesome that night.
Speaker 3: I think he had.
Speaker 2: Thirty nine in the game in the Astrodome, but you know, Louel Sindor had a patch over his eye, and you know, we did not have a good night shooting and they ended up losing that game. But Elvin Hayes Sports Illustrated had a photo of him shooting a jumper. It's like, I don't know it said Bigie or something, but thirty nine I think in that game. But that's what It was a long long time ago. But Tennessee, uh, not ready yet. Florida played great though, give them credit. I watched Trey Young. He put up twenty four and twenty and the game winning shot. Steph Curry had thirty one points. Warriors lost. Steph Curry didn't have an assist. That's the second consecutive game that he has gone without an That's almost impossible, isn't it for somebody who has the ball that much? But yeah, he uh, he did that last night. What else did I see the Trey Young thing? You know, auditionel twenty assists? It doesn't happen very often because I don't they're not sexy stats. Now you want threes, you don't want you know, go back when Stockton was doing it. You had guys who took great pride in getting ten eleven twelve assists. Stockton I think had fifteen assists maybe one year.
Speaker 3: But I don't I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if it's that. I think you like to have a great pass. I don't think you like to be passing all the time.
Speaker 6: Yes, Marv, I think because the NBA lacks pure point guards like the Mark Jacksons of the world.
Speaker 4: Those guys, I give you the ball.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't miss Mark Jackson. Wait, I don't miss that style. That was boring.
Speaker 4: You didn't like him posting up, no.
Speaker 2: Backing in, backing in backing, and no, I did not like that. That was not good. You know, give me Tim Hardaway. You know, Tim, you could get you nine dimes and push off of the forum and then.
Speaker 4: Hit the jumper and a crossover from there of the area.
Speaker 2: But was iverson that first point guard who was about points?
Speaker 6: Wait, he was just a guard. I don't even think he was a point guard. The only reason they called him a point guard.
Speaker 4: Because he was sixty. Yeah, there's just an undersized too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Lebron had a dunk last night. Now, okay, people are going to focus on the dunk. The Lakers should be embarrassed. Luca didn't play, Kyrie didn't play, and you lose to the Mavericks. What are we doing here? But Lebron's dunk? Now, you know when they showed the Jordan highlights and in the NBA Finals, he goes in with the right arm and then he switches to the left. Arp mean, he doesn't have to, like there's nobody guarding him that he has to switch.
Speaker 3: But we're like, oh my god, did you see that?
Speaker 2: This dunk by Lebron is a thousand times more impressive than what Mike did with the I got it in my right hand and I'm going to bring it in my left hand and kiss it off the gladd Lebron down the lane with the ball in his right hand, switches over and then dunks it.
Speaker 3: Very impressive.
Speaker 2: The problem was the rest of the game, nobody was really impressive with the Lakers. They're just an average team. Yeah, they'll be one of the eight seeds out there. I'm guessing, how about Zion A Zion Williamson sighting last night and I'm watching, I go wait, Zion's there. So there's a steal against the Timberwolves and he goes in and he does the three sixty. Now I don't I like the three sixty, given that he's always hurt.
Speaker 5: I would have liked a nice crisp layup. I would how about a three twenty, just take a little off the top.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's impressive.
Speaker 5: And then Cooper Flag fly the flag that dunk against Pitt on the break.
Speaker 4: Oh coast to coast poster that poor guy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I felt bad for him. Yes, yes it was. And then the Cameron crazies went crazy. But yeah, that was That was pretty impressive last night.
Speaker 6: Yes, Mark, if you're a fan of the Jazz or the Pelicans, let's capture the Wizards.
Speaker 3: Let's play capture the Flag. Uh?
Speaker 2: And if you're Cooper Flag, are you keeping an eye on the standings? And at what point does he go?
Speaker 3: Let me see where am I going? Oh god, you.
Speaker 2: Imagine if he goes to them, that's not fair. If he goes to the Wizards, it's just not.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have Utah in there, Toronto's in there.
Speaker 2: Can't export him. Although maybe Canada is part of the United States then and then New Orleans is in there. I know New Orleans. I just don't think Zions, but I don't know what you get for the trade market. They've been trying to trade brandon Ingram like, I it's some that's a mess. Yes, Hun, Can you.
Speaker 8: Refuse to go to the Wizards like they do in the NFL? What's the rule per sport? And like I'm not going there?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you have if you start going a little further down though, maybe into it'd be interesting if they trade it up. Area at eight right now would be Oklahoma City. That's kind of fun. You have Houston at nine.
Speaker 5: At nine, Oklahoma City has more draft picks than anybody in the history of the NBA.
Speaker 2: They have more draft picks than everybody in the NBA right now. It feels like, but you can't pass up Cooper flag.
Speaker 3: You can't for.
Speaker 2: The Wizards or whoever that that team is. When you're on the clock, you're like, they shouldn't be waiting to get the card in. The commissioner should be like, I'm going to stay right here. Yeah, you're taking Cooper flag, right, okay, Man and the Wizard select Cooper flag.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes to.
Speaker 8: He can salute the flag in DC if he goes to the.
Speaker 2: B All right, question, We're working we're workshopping this. Capture the flag, salute the flag.
Speaker 5: Okay, anything else, half staff, a five game losing streak, Okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So poll question for hour two, let's let's clean up our one.
Speaker 6: Come on, I pledge allegiance to the flag.
Speaker 9: Well, let's pledge allegiance The thing when he does he have a shoe?
Speaker 3: Deal yet?
Speaker 5: Is that what you say?
Speaker 9: Pledge allegiance and it's him Cooper flag?
Speaker 5: So we got now, yeah, what kind of shoe is he going to have? You can't do the American flag on your shoe?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Mark?
Speaker 6: If he goes to the Wizards that their colors, yeah, red, white, and blue, Well.
Speaker 3: You don't just make him near colors, but they sixers maybe somehow yeah, probably, Yeah, he won't be going won't be going there.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Poll question for hour two is going to be.
Speaker 9: Well, how about which head coachless team feels furthest from the Super Bowl? We were discussing this earlier. Right now, there's one team with forty one percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: Mmm, the Jets, Jake, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 9: So if we reverse those though, you would think that then the teams with the least amount of votes would be closest to the Super Bowl, correct, Yeah, okay, and right now the Bears, followed by the Patriots, then Saints, Raiders.
Speaker 5: Jaguars, Jets. Okay, yeah, yeah, that's all happening.
Speaker 9: Then I put up a couple of other ones too, without really discussing them with you guys, but we kind of flirted with them little. That NFC road team most likely to win this weekend Packers at Eagles, Vikings at Rams, Commanders at Buccaneers. Right now, Vikings at Rams has about fifty five percent of that vote.
Speaker 2: Our good buddy, Albert Breer Monday morning quarterback says, Aaron Glenn will interview with the Jets tomorrow, then the Saints on Friday, and they of course have a bye week. I'm gonna guess the Jaguars and the Bears are going to be in there over the weekend as well.
Speaker 3: That's a good week.
Speaker 2: You beat Minnesota, you shut down Sam Darnold in that offense, a depleted defense, and now everybody wants to talk to you, and rightfully so. You know what happens during these broadcasts, and you probably noticed this. You'll have the analyst who falls in love with an assistant coach. And there's certain analysts where it'll be just that guy is you know, Steve Spagnolan. When you watch a Chiefs game, he gets mentioned almost as many times as Andy Reid, if not more. Yes, let's see what Spags dials up on this? Uh, Toddmunkins a lot of monk in the past three years, a lot of monkn Kirk kurb Street likes Todd Munkin. Yeah, what's he gonna dial up here?
Speaker 5: Yes, a big one last year and this year until he recently got FIREDO with the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, is dialing up a blitz? Yeah, not just a blitz. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's gonna be a head coach in this league one of these days. But then you get these certain guys and these uh, these assistant coaches. Coordinators must give these analysts a little bit extra, So you want to give them a little bit of extra, you know, like, oh, yeah, let's see what but Spags, Spags is always dialing up something, and it's fun to say their.
Speaker 8: Name is Anna Rumo Spags.
Speaker 3: There's one other pet peeve I have. Why is it the big tight end?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: I've never seen a real small tight end.
Speaker 8: Or ministerial tight end.
Speaker 3: Yes, really make a lot of plays. Yeah. All he threw it to is big tight end. Okay, yes, Paul.
Speaker 5: Also, I used to be bothered by young rookie quarterback, but now there's a difference.
Speaker 3: They give me twenty four to twenty five.
Speaker 5: All right, you gotta specify.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll talk to Chase Daniel. He watches a whole lot of tape. He'll be joining us on loan from Fox Sports. We'll take a break. We're back after this Dan Patrick show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 10: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 11: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 10: Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 11: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 10: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture. Stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 11: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something.
Speaker 10: Right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 4: As they say, I'd.
Speaker 11: Say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 10: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 3: That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Before we get to Chase Daniel, as I was walking into my side of the studio, Paula goes quick NBA quiz. I said, Okay, I'm all for quick NBA quiz.
Speaker 5: The NBA player and it has to be someone who played a long time. Okay, who had the most career points and fewest career assists.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: One name came to mind right away. I think he ended up with twenty six thousand points. Alex English. He is not in the top eight.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 5: This player was big in the seventies and eighties, big.
Speaker 3: In the seventies in the eighties.
Speaker 5: By big, you mean a big man, both both big man seventies eighties, like to shoot.
Speaker 3: Didn't like to pass. Marvin you got.
Speaker 5: Somebody, Nate Thurmy No, but you're going the right direction. Maybe a little bigger name, even definitely a bigger name.
Speaker 3: Okay, Todd, you got one, wes unseld No Seaton.
Speaker 9: Um Well, I was going towards a big man, especially those, so I went right to the like say, the top of the scoring list.
Speaker 5: But I don't know if Kareem now he had. I'll give you some hints. Here's some names on the list. A modern day guy, Dirk Novitzky, a lot of shots, not a lot of assists.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't pass.
Speaker 5: Bob mcadoo's on the list. Yeah, I can see that Elvin Hayes is on the list. I could see that Patrick Ewing is on the left. What about a keen Elijah?
Speaker 9: Want to see up there?
Speaker 5: This guy padded his rebounding stats. Dan padded he would get like stickbacks and go up for shots. And Pat Malone is correct. Twenty point six points per game one point four assists per game. Who is the active leader in most points US assists per game active NBA.
Speaker 3: Player Klay Thompson. Now I don't have him in the top ten, Okay, over.
Speaker 5: Most of are big guys. I don't really.
Speaker 3: I've only got a guard or two on the list.
Speaker 5: Carl Anthony Town's third on the list.
Speaker 2: It's not coming back out? Yeah, what they called Kevin McHale the black hole. Once it went in, it wasn't coming back out. Yes, Mark Julius Randall.
Speaker 3: Didn't make it.
Speaker 5: A couple of names on the list, the Marta Rosen, Zach Levine, when Banyama, Paul George not a big assist guy. Jason Tatum only three point seven assists. Okay, this guy plays on the West coast. The top two play and kind of play on the West coast.
Speaker 3: Kind of play on the West coast, yeah, Mark.
Speaker 4: Devin Booker.
Speaker 5: Kind of play is the hint doesn't always call Leon He's second. There you go, Dan, Okay, like that, didn't you see?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Who's number one?
Speaker 5: Anthony Davis twenty four points per game? Two dimes the game, as they the kids like to say, two dimes.
Speaker 2: Chase Daniel, co host of the Athletics, scoof City Podcast, host of The Chase Daniel Show on YouTube, and co host of The Facility on Fox Sports One. Chase joining us from his car driving through Los Angeles. How would you describe what it's like driving through Los Angeles right now?
Speaker 12: You know, I'm on the ten right now, then getting trying to get to work. You know, Fox is about six miles from Pacific Palisades. Also, there's a huge brush fire going in Pasadena. But I'm going through downtown LA right now. Traffic, a ton of smoke, maybe some fog, but it smells. I mean I started smelling smoke about ten miles south of downtown LA. So just trying to get through this. You know, it's a lot worse than probably what people think. Pacific Palisades one of the premier neighborhoods in LA. I mean, it's just burned to the ground. It's going up to Malibu right now. Just a really scary scary for a lot of these people. Thirty thousand people already evacuated and at zero percent contained. And the crazy thing about it, Dan, is there's ninety nine mile per hour wind gusts. Yeah, and so that's the difficult thing here for these firefighters trying to contain it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was live texting with somebody who lives in the Pacific Palisades over by Riviera, and he was evacuating, you know. He said, I, you don't even know where to go. He said, I don't know what direction the thing.
Speaker 12: Exactly, and there's some road closures around, so we're having to do that. But my wife and I literally were in Pacific Pile States Village. The whole thing is burning and the houses were hurt. We were there this weekend. We did a staycation up from San Diego where we lived and just saw it for the first time. It was just amazed at how nice it was. I think it was built in twenty eighteen and it's just completely devastated.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'll make the awkward segue so we do talk some football here. More surprised that you're Mayo was fired or Antonio Pierce?
Speaker 12: For me, I think it was drog Mayl. I think that was a surprise firing of the cycle. Look, I don't agree with it either. You bring him in. What did you think was gonna happen when you when you draft Drake may Your your entire team, really your offensive weapons not where you want it to be. Look what Belichick did in his last season, and you you know, you have this coach and waiting term for him that he's had for a while and you just give up on him for one year. Doesn't make a lot of sense. And you don't even start Drake May at the start of the season. I think things could have been different, Like they're like, oh, he's not ready, he's not ready. Well, he's played exceptionally well, shown some growth. This firing to me is two things. One I guess that Robert Graft and the Patriots didn't like the progression and the developmental plan for Drake May, and two like it just screams Mike Brabel and so it looks like, you know, who knows what direction go. I just think he got the raw end of the deal in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then Antonio Pierce gets fired, which I wasn't surprised.
Speaker 3: I thought Tom Brady's.
Speaker 2: Fingerprints are going to be all over this franchise, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 12: Mean there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: That was the one.
Speaker 12: You know, you go five and four as an interim coach, and I think they were four and thirteen or something like that. It comes down for me with the Raiders and Tom Telesca, which I like Tom. They didn't get a quarterback this past year. They could have easily had the mo to move up to get one of the top six guys. I mean, look at what bo Nicks has done, right, they end up with Brock Bauers. I understand that, but I mean this definitely has Tom Brady's fingerprints. He's gonna have a say and the next echo. So then you look at who who's out there for him, It's like, oh, well, Rabel as well. So it just seems like Brabel's name keeps coming up everywhere.
Speaker 3: Well, give me the best opening right now. You know.
Speaker 12: For me, I'm a huge Chicago Bears fan, and I like what the Chicago Bears have done. I like what they have on defense. I like what they have on offense. They got to get Caleb playing well. But one of the main openings that I think actually would attract some people. And you're gonna think I'm crazy for saying this as the Patriots job, because you do have your franchise quarterback. I would argue that Drake May, along with Jayden Daniels are probably the top two quarterbacks that have developed throughout the entire year. They have their guy in Drake May I fully believe that, and they have a lot of cap space to spend in free agency, so it depends on who they get.
Speaker 3: But I like both of those.
Speaker 12: I'd probably need Patriots for me.
Speaker 3: Do you have to have an offensive minded head coach? Like?
Speaker 2: What's more important to a quarterbacks development? Your offensive coordinator or your head coach?
Speaker 12: Oh, I think it's your head coach. There's no more there's no more important relationship in my opinion, based on the teams I've been in the Hall of Fame, coaches I've been with, and that relationship between a head coach and.
Speaker 3: A quarterback, right.
Speaker 12: I just have said this always about defensive head coaches, and I've been with few. I've been with two of them, Brandon Staley and the guy and Detroit who got fired, Matt Patricia. Everything is the quarterback's fault when it goes wrong, or everything is the offensive fault, right, And I think that when you have an offensive minded guy, he protects the quarterback a little bit. So when you have these young quarterbacks and when stuff doesn't go right, I've just seen things go awry when a defensive head coach takes over because it's never their fault.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Chase daniel co host of the Athletics Scoop City podcast, also the Chase Daniels Show on YouTube, which is great. He breaks down more film probably than anybody, and co host of The Facility on Fox Sports One. Speaking of breaking down film, I'm curious what if the Ravens go back and look at what Lamar did or didn't do these previous playoff appearances, and you're going against a familiar opponent here, what do you think the Ravens will do differently or Lamar differently to get them past that first round.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's a good question, man, and everyone knows.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 12: Lamar Jackson's career playoff record two and four, nine touchdowns, nine turnovers in his career in the playoffs a one to one ratio. He was at a five to one ratio this year. Dan, for me, when you're playing a team for the third time and I've done it a few times in my career, stuff gets weird. It gets interesting. You know them, the Steelers know you. I would love to see Lamar get out of the pocket early in the game and make them respect his legs. And I know you're like, Chase, you ran for almost eight hundred nine hundred yards.
Speaker 4: I get that.
Speaker 12: But I think when you get into a game where you know each other, they're going to have a great plan defensively.
Speaker 3: The Steelers are.
Speaker 12: I think if Lamar uses his legs early, I think it's going to get them off Kelter and then it'll open up the past game. And then obviously, you know Derrick Henry over nineteen hundred yards rushing. I think that is a big part of their deal, is like control the football, play some smash mouth football, you know how this is in the AFC North. I think this game will actually be closer than people think. I know the Ravens are playing really well as a way, and the Steelers obviously four game losing streak, but I think this will be close.
Speaker 4: Chase.
Speaker 2: There's a lot on the line here, and some of it is just the perception. Some of it could mean changes. John Harball hasn't been successful in the postseason recently, Mike Tomlin hasn't been successful recently. Lamar hasn't been successful recently. Russell Wilson's trying to hold on I mean, there's a whole lot of storylines in this game.
Speaker 12: I mean, it really is, and I think the biggest one and what we've been talking on and that was the biggest proponent when when Russell Wilson was six and one, I said, hey, let's resign him right now, you know, And then all of a sudden he's like, okay, you know, zero to four, a couple of big red zone turnovers as of late, you can't point the finger right at him. I think that's a big story. Then how does Russ play? If Russ doesn't play well, do they look behind door number two? This year for the quarterback. We had a conversation on the Fox Show of the facility. Hey is Mike Tomlin on the hot seat and I was like no, no, no, no. And the more you think about well, I mean, like, you know, sometimes this might be good for a change. I'm not saying that he's not one of the best coaches out there, but it could be time for a change. And then everyone knows Lamar thing. I think that's easily the number one storyline in this game is like, Lamar, you put up really you could be an MVP again this year. You could be a three time MVP, although I think Josh Allen will win it. You could be an if you go and you go two and five in the playoffs, what is your legacy?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 12: I think that's a great game for storylines.
Speaker 2: You hit them all man, all right, before I let you go, give me the surprise this weekend. There's gonna be a road team that's well, maybe even a home team like the Rams against the Vikings.
Speaker 3: But you got a surprise for me.
Speaker 12: I look, I would not want to go into Tampa and play the Bucks offense and Liam Calm and what they're doing, because they are playing really well. I think a team that can do it, though, is Aiden Daniels and the Washington Commanders. Even a rookie on the road. We all know what Philly did last year Layden egg in Tampa. It's just a weird place to play in the playoffs. But Baker's having the best year of his career. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan Quinn has some good defensive minded strategies to help slow down Baker. And then I think Jayden really balls out with his legs. I think zach Ertz sketches a touchdown. I think they might win on the road.
Speaker 2: More importantly, save travels this morning. Thanks for joining us. We'll talk to you soon. Chase, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 2: Chase Daniel, co host of the Athletics Scoop City podcast, also host of The Chase Daniel Show on YouTube, and co host of the Facility on Fox Sports One. A couple of phone calls in here. Let's see how about Steven Boston. Hi, Steve, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 7: I would do it today.
Speaker 13: Guys. Thanks taking my call first time. Two questions, Dan, listen, when it comes to the Patriots, depending on the coach, do you see the offense coordinator get inside because of the coaches particular? In second, depending on if they do get rid of an offensive coordinator. What do you think the development of Drake may will be? Will you think you'll take a step back because it's another program, another system, or do you think he's that decent of a quarterback?
Speaker 2: Well, it would help if you get him some receivers like he did well without having receivers there.
Speaker 3: I want continuity.
Speaker 2: You know you're bringing in a new coach, bringing in your staff at usually how it works, you don't want to inherit somebody's staff there.
Speaker 3: But getting somebody who.
Speaker 2: Knows what they're doing with a young quarterback is going to be imperative to the growth. Same thing with Caleb Williams. You know, Sean Payton was there with bon Nix. You're in good hands. You're in good hands with Sean Payton, Jim Harball who played the position with Justin Herbert, Like, you're in good hands there, and that's what you want. Somebody who has experienced this or they've coached quarterbacks who've had success, that's what you want, or that certainly helps with these younger quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Uh, let's see Grant in Charlotte. Hey, Grant, what's on your mind? GP?
Speaker 14: Appreciate the call. Hey, I just wanted to give you guys a suggestion for when you go to Wisconsin for the draft.
Speaker 3: New Glarus Brewery.
Speaker 5: Gotta go.
Speaker 14: It's a top notch brewery.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, spotted cow. Yeah yeah, spotted cow. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 14: If you're in Wisconsin, you don't go, you'd be remiss. So appreciate it. Fello.
Speaker 3: Let's have a good one, all right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I occasionally get a shipment of a spotted cow, not a shipment, but usually like a six pack now, just a nice care package. But yeah, we'll do what you're supposed to do when we go to Green Bay. Wayne in Iowa? Hi, Wayne, what's on your mind?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 7: Wayne?
Speaker 14: Wayne?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Certain Wayne. Hi, Sorry to bother you.
Speaker 14: But are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wayne, Yeah, I'm here. I'm doing a radio show.
Speaker 7: Wayne. Yes.
Speaker 14: Okay, I've got a suggestion Dan for your potential Iowa business. Okay, but I got a quick Adam Sandler's story. My wife and kids were in New York City recently with me, and we ran into Adam Sandler at the Nobu restaurant in Manhattan. Okay. I asked Adam to rate your acting skills on a scale of one to ten, and he gave you a twelve. I thought you might like to know that.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you.
Speaker 7: You've gotten fooled, I guess.
Speaker 2: So anyhow, Wayne, Wayne, you're not in a position to take a shot. You can't even answer your phone, right.
Speaker 3: So well, now I'm gonna have to let you go. Wayne. No, I gonna have to let him go.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's right, Wayne.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wayne Kanners for his phone, then takes a shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he took a shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess you got him fooled.
Speaker 9: Yeah, maybe that was one of those things where like you say something and you don't realize it's a shot, and then it's a shot and you're like, well, what do you send it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, that was yeah, yeah, yeah, Todd, I told you I'm sensitive.
Speaker 8: No, not like he was at work with the customers that way. Hold on a second, sound like you was saying that to somebody and then getting ready to talk to you.
Speaker 5: But oh, there you're a twelve.
Speaker 8: I'll give you a twelve.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 9: I thought it was gonna be one of those things where like mom is there and she's putting her kid on the phone.
Speaker 5: You're like, okay, what do you think of the Raiders coaching situation?
Speaker 3: You? Okay?
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Charles, how about we take a break because coming up next in or out you're either in on something or you're out.
Speaker 3: That's after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: David in New Orleans, joints Us. Good morning, David. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Good morning Dan? Thanks for taking my talk first time, long time, six foot two thirty. Yeah, I have I have a few things real quickly, A possible second career for Marvin. If you ever decided to leave the show, I can stand on the line afterwards if you'd like some recommendations from a local for the super Bowl week. But last night, while enjoying an ice cold mill life by stimbled across you and Levatard's Dan interviews Dan, Yeah, and New Orleans there in super Bowl Week. First, shout out to Steve is much much better half Robins for buying tickets to the show immediately. Second, who should we expect to have the better interview you the maestro interviewing Levatards or Levatard interviewing you.
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to interview each other and you can get tickets to this. You can go to Dan Patrick dot com. But we'll be a tip of Tina's fifth I Believe a Wednesday night and starts at seven, and it's Lebtard and myself and uh, we'll just be interviewing each other talking about a variety of things.
Speaker 3: We have long conversations.
Speaker 2: If Lebotard pulls, I say to my wife, gotta be out of pocket for an hour. Hunt and then he loves to FaceTime. I only FaceTime my son and my granddaughter, And I'm only doing that because of my granddaughter. Levittard is always like and I could see the FaceTime coming up and I'm like, Nope, not doing it. And then the one time I facetimed him, he's there with his wife and his shirt off, sitting on a couch and I go, Dan, don't do that to me, don't do that to me.
Speaker 3: Yes, tous is he one of those.
Speaker 8: Guys where they're not good with phone social cues when you're trying to let them know politely that you want to wrap up the conversation. M some people do that. You give him a stop. So anyway, I gotta go to my kids bleeding Salla, what are you doing there?
Speaker 2: You would probably know that better than anybody of social cues.
Speaker 8: And I go right through there, even though they're walking away, they're physically walking away from me and following them.
Speaker 3: Ye, still still talking.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's time to play in or out? Yes, PAULI, you have the topics. We have to decide if we're in or we're out. I can't expound on that. That's exactly how it works. Yeah, here we go. Mike of Rabel will get at least three head coaching offers, but will not take the Patriots or Bear's job in or out?
Speaker 3: Wow, will not take.
Speaker 2: That's a lot because he could get three, or maybe he could get two and then decide.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to take these two.
Speaker 2: Okay, it feels like there's two questions in there, Todd in arount.
Speaker 8: Due to the complexity of that one, I'm going to go out. I think it's a safe way to guess.
Speaker 3: Send that out.
Speaker 5: Basically, will Mike Rabel pass on the Patriots and Bears?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 9: Seatan, So the redo of that is, will Mike Rabel pass on the Patriots and the Bears?
Speaker 3: Yes? Sure, yeah, I'm in on that. Okay, Marvin, I'm in. Yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 5: The New York Jets will be the last team to hire a head coach, Todd.
Speaker 8: That seems very Jets like, I'm gonna go Inky Seaton.
Speaker 3: I'm in, Okay, Marvin, I'm out.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say I'm in only because Aaron Glenn might be coaching in a Super Bowl, so then they can't hire him.
Speaker 3: So due to a little as.
Speaker 5: Interesting addition, not just a pretty face, Todd, here we go. The first pick of the NFL Draft will not be a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Okay, Todd.
Speaker 5: Out, see in, Marvin out.
Speaker 3: And I am out. Here's a biggie, somewhat biggie.
Speaker 5: If Jared Golf wins Super Bowl MVP, He's going to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Done out.
Speaker 8: I don't think that's enough to get him in.
Speaker 5: See out, Marvin Out. I'd have to look at the totality of his career.
Speaker 9: Well, that's not the game, Dan, What the game's not called look at the totality of someone's career.
Speaker 7: Game.
Speaker 5: It's called in or out. Face value, no research, that's what we do here.
Speaker 3: Face value, I'll say.
Speaker 5: Out, Oh, you're so close to The answer is in. He has two d and twenty two career touchdowns, ninety four picks. This will be his fourth Pro Bowl. Also, he has about four more years of goodness ahead of him. He's gonna get the Kurt Warner treatment if he wins to Super Bowl. Here we go two more. Eventually, both of these guys will give up their media gigs and go back to football.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady and Nick Saban Todd out, Steven out, Mark out out.
Speaker 5: That is the right answer. He's having a blast. You think he wants to go back with transferred portal and stuff and I elm, he's swearing on Live teav Yeah weekly, Yeah, he gets to hang out with McAfee. Last one, Aaron Rodgers will do nothing next season, nothing not media, not football out.
Speaker 8: He likes the attention to my seats.
Speaker 5: It out, Marvin and I'm say out that's it in or out is out.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: We've done it well, will we right or not?
Speaker 8: Actually says when we're correct or not?
Speaker 3: Only the Jared Goff Sorry, that is correct?
Speaker 5: That is correct.
Speaker 3: With Jared Goff. That would be two super Bowls that he's been to.
Speaker 5: You get a win a Super Bowl MVP, you're assuming a Super Bowl MVP. You get big bonus points for doing with the Lions, huge bonus points.
Speaker 9: Yes, I think if there was a quarterback in the playoffs who could win the Super Bowl and not get MVP, it's probably Jared Goff.
Speaker 3: No offense to him.
Speaker 5: I don't think that.
Speaker 9: People respect him enough, and maybe I'm showing them great disrespect by saying these things.
Speaker 3: Point.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't think that people will look at him like that.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They might look at him differently, might be like, all right, be grudgingly buying Jared Goff.
Speaker 3: Legitimate MVP Canada.
Speaker 4: But grudgingly giving you the MVP.
Speaker 3: I guess we have to give you.
Speaker 2: That's what I would say, and here I begrudgingly give you the MVP final hour in the way, Mike Florio from Pro Football Talk try to make sense to all these coaching moves after this