Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jack Katy and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: So in the governor's race, President Biden's former HHS secretary Javier Bassera has surged, now considered neck and neck with Democrat Tom Steier and former Fox News host Republican Steve Hilton. Now in the governor's race, the top two candidates will advance to November's general election, regardless of party. So there could be two Democrats or a Democrat and Republican.
Speaker 3: There's only one man on planet Earth that can stop Bassarah or Stire from ending up being governor of California, and that is our guest today.
Speaker 4: Steve Hilton, former host of the podcast California Rebel, based from our Fox News host and truth teller Steve Hilton, joins us. Now, Steve, how are you feeling Goodness?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 6: So, it's on me. It's all got to save California.
Speaker 1: Says a lot of guys, yes, and a few million voters. Yes, it's all on you.
Speaker 6: Well, how are you feeling on I'm good, I'm feeling good. I'm feeling confident. We feel that we are on track to get into the top two. Most of the poles, and there's been a lot of them in the last week or so, we have shown me either leading or number two. That's good news. However, there was one poll that showed me third, just slightly, just behind Paserah and Stye, a very close race. And so I got to tell you and everyone listening, I'm fighting light time third. We need to believe that one and act like it, because if we let this chance slip away, we are going to regret it so massively. Because I really believe that this is the year we can stop the insanity and get our beautiful state back on track because people are done with these Democrats. You look at the energy in LA for Spencer Pratt. You see the energy for my events up and down the state. And here's a very important number just in a poll that came out at the end of last week. Fifty six percent. That's the proportion of Californians who think that we're going in the wrong direction. In other words, there is a majority now for change in California. That means we really can win in November. But it's only going to happen if you get me in the top two. And so this is the very important point everybody listening has to understand in California. Today is the day to vote. A vote for anybody except me just helps the chances of two Democrats in the top two. And I'm specifically talking about the other Republican in the race, Chad Bianco. I know there are some Republicans out there who say, look, Steve looks like he's got this. He's leading in the polls, he'll be fine, he'll be in the top two. Let's give our vote to Chad so that maybe we can get two Republicans in the top can not happen, He's too far behind. I'm sorry about that. It's not personal, it's nothing to do with anything we can effect at this stage. It's just the math. It's a it's not just a wasted vote, it's actually a dangerous vote because it could help get two Democrats in the top two and then we lose our chance to change. Please don't take that risk. I'm really asking every single person who cares about the future of California, who wants change, there's really only one vote that can guarantee that the chance of change is kept alive. And that's a vote for Steve Hilton. Do it sext.
Speaker 4: That's one hundred percent true. But I don't want to skip over the more basic and important point that turnout is always small for these elections, for primaries, and it's the activists in the one party pixography of California who will show up. Those who are milking taxpayers dry will show up. So if you're not one of those people, by god, if you have ebola, show up and vote.
Speaker 1: I know, wear a mask about and turnout. Yeah, wear a mask, you.
Speaker 6: Know, please, finally we can agree we should wear a mask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, Steve. It's funny.
Speaker 4: In my voracious preparation for the show today, I came across three articles right in a row about giant corporations and or giant incomes leaving blue states and crushing those states' finances because they're so unfriendly the business and wealth creation that sort of thing. Are you how people understand how successful business benefits them, not government handouts, but but a vital economy.
Speaker 6: Well, they generate the jobs, the wealth, the opportunity. If you don't have business, who's going to create the jobs? If you don't have jobs. Who's going to pay the taxes? Everything depends on that, It really does. I've been a business I've been in business most of my career. People know me from Fox, but I've worked in business all over the world. Most of my career in business, I've started companies of my own, including a couple of restaurants, a tech company here. That's what it's all about. And as you say, we're driving away the jobs and the opportunity. This is why we today in California, we have the highest unemployment rate in America and the highest poverty rate in America, tied with Louisiana. And that's because Chief Executive magazine, in their annual survey, described that the ratings from actual business people California fiftieth out of fifty states for business climate. It is an absolute disgrace what's been done. That's why it's really that the heart of my plan to turn things around in California. My mission is very simple. Cut your costs, help your business, fix our schools. If we do that, we'll restore the California dream. Businesses will be coming back, and tax revenue will increase even as I cut taxes. Because here's the other part, We've got to cut the bloat and the bureaucracy. We've got this insane, bloated, nanny state bureaucracy in California that's built up over sixteen years of one party rule, bossing us around from morning till night, telling us how to live, how to raise our kids, how to run our businesses, what car to drive, what got our house to live, and how to cook our food. Enough, leave us alone, you're crushing us with all of this. We did a calculation. We put it out last week. The total cost of bloated regulations in California on the economy seven hundred and forty five billion dollars a year. If we cut that out, and that's my plan, we would overtake Germany and be the third biggest economy in the world. The business, in fact, the jobs will be here.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, the gas tax goes up again. July first, goes up another two point two cents tax increasing.
Speaker 6: Sure reason, I mean, you want immediate reasons to vote for me today. This is what we can get going very quickly. When I'm elected governor, we will the gas taxes something that we can deal with because the cost of gas is not just a tax. It's all these regulations that are driving the industry to almost destruction in California. I can open up oil and gas production in California to an agency called COLGEM. That'll start to get gas prices down. My target is three dollar gas. We can cut the bloat in the budget. The governor sets the budget, then cut taxes. Your first one hundred grand tax free. The best way we can put more money in your pocket is to stop taking so much out of it. Another example, getting rid of the small business tax, eight hundred dollars a year every business has to pay in California, even if you don't make any money, drives people crazy. Vehicle registration. We pay hundreds of dollars a year to register your car, your trucking maybe over a thousand to some people even attires two thousand. In other states it's under one hundred dollars. My plan is to strip out all the nonsense, so we just do the basic registration fee, which is seventy one dollars per vehicle per year. These are all simple, positive, practical things we can get done. But you've got to go and vote for it today, otherwise it won't happen because with Stayer, the billionaire climate fanatic, you're going to get nine dollar gas. He's going to make everything worse. But Sarah just the same. He's been a career politician in the Democrat machine for thirty six years. He was asked the other day the Kamala Harris question on the view during the election, Oh, is there anything you do differently? Remember she said, nothing comes to mind, saying with Pserah. It was on the same question. This is seriously what he said. This was on CNN Alex Michaels said. The host said to Bessarah, you know things aren't great. We got the poverty, the homelessness, all the things I just mentioned. Is there anything that you'd have done differently to gavin you someone who's been empowered the Democrat's been in powered all these is But Sarah says, well, you know it can't be that bad because lots of people are still going to Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we gotta get that audio. That is something.
Speaker 3: Hey, I know, I know you've got to go on. I want to put something on your radar really quick. Bill Maher Friday night, talking about how Mississippi's beating California with schooling. Texas is beating California with green energy. Those are great talking points. Anyway, have a great day, Good luck out there. I'll go vote for you, Steve Hilton.
Speaker 6: Get out body, Thank you, Thank you, guys, Steve.
Speaker 4: We'll get them. Yep, you got it. Got a chance, got a chance. See you're saying there's a.
Speaker 3: Chance, yeah, chance to get in the top two. Definitely, chance to actually become governor.
Speaker 4: I don't know, well it will get so much attention, oh, because he's a telling character. His arguments are crystal clear and they're they're right.
Speaker 1: He's he is a very very effective communicator.
Speaker 4: So you know, is it a you know, as they say it used to say in boxing, So puncher's chance, right.
Speaker 3: Well, one thing you learn by getting older is movements happen over time, and you get all caught up in like an individual person and the analytical.
Speaker 4: Or bowel just I'm trying to clarify her both, especially as you get older.
Speaker 1: All right, soon the movement, I think maybe by next quarter. Don't rush it, don't rush it.
Speaker 3: Movements happen over time, and you know, you fight this fight and he could lose. I hope you hope he ends up governor, but he could lose in a close race. But all those arguments have been had, and you got a bunch of people stirred up, and then maybe the next time around. And it's frustrating when you're young, because you know four years later, when you're twenty two.
Speaker 1: It seems like you know you'll be dead by then.
Speaker 3: I know, just because I have a couple of teenagers and the way they look at the world and time is so different than me. But it'll be interesting to find out California is still not miserable enough to try.
Speaker 1: Something new if that ends up being the case.
Speaker 4: Right, Yep, you're absolutely right. So what a beautiful segue. This is from our friends at Simply Safe in the US. There's a break in every twenty six seconds in California. That's probably every six seconds. That means somewhere right now and intruder is getting closer. And the problem with most security systems is they only alert you after the break in has already started, which is too late.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 4: That's why we both love Simply Save so much, using the Outdoors camera series two and Advanced AI alerts. Simply Save US based live agents Hell Oh, identify threats in your property and help to turn them, stop in crime before it starts.
Speaker 3: Now that's piece of mind. US based live agents. How much do you love that? If you actually have a question. Wow, simply if they earn your business every single day, no long term contracts, that means a lot.
Speaker 6: And yet it.
Speaker 4: Costs less than the junkie old security systems we all got used to with monitoring and turns plants. Starting around a dollar a day, everybody can enjoy the benefits of simply Safe. Probably get a discount on your assurance too. Makes it so easy to set up. Get the same peace of mind we have right now, get fifty percent off your new system simply safett com slash armstrong. That's half off as simply safett com slash armstrong. There's no safe flights simply safe.
Speaker 3: Trump yesterday said he really doesn't care if the whole peace talks thing break down. He's bored with the whole thing. He actually said that to a reporter, which is an interesting strategy. It's a message for Iran. I think it's an attempt to not look desperate. But anyway, we'll talk about Iran a little bit later. Have you heard the story about the plane that got turned around because of the teen and the name of his WiFi. Have you heard this tho, oh wow, that's a good one among all the things on the way.
Speaker 1: Stay here.
Speaker 4: If you're not one of those people, by god, if you have ebola, show up and vote, wear a mask about turnout.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wear a mask, you know, please, finally we can agree we should wear a mosk.
Speaker 3: Did you see any of the bombing in Ukraine from Russia overnight? And they're still bombing them might turn out to be the biggest attack since day one of.
Speaker 1: The war anyway civilian Instead.
Speaker 3: One of the things they blew up was a Chinese electric car dealership, just destroyed it.
Speaker 1: Now, I wonder how China is going to react to that.
Speaker 3: I gotta believe President she says, hey, yo, because they're really trying to get that going. You know, they really are trying to make a foothold, you know, get a real strong foothold on being the dominant car maker in the world alone, electric car maker in the world.
Speaker 1: And Russia just blew up their big dealership in Kiev.
Speaker 4: I'd say it's a minor wedge between them because the whole attack on Ukraine's been really inconvenient for China. I want to talk more about the Ukraine slash rush, Russia's situation, Putin's growing desperation. And one of the titles I proposed for the show was the Storm before the Storm. I got to explain what the big storm I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned, and then later this how we're going to beat the crap out of Scott Pelly and he deserves it verbally.
Speaker 1: Verb You're going to beat the crap out of me.
Speaker 3: And then I've got to lean back in the most pompous way possible and put my glasses in my mouth and look off into the sky. Oh my boy, he's hard to take, and he was hard wax a little bit under his sport code. Wait'll you hear what he said to his bosses yesterday. This is an interesting story here that came out.
Speaker 7: The stunning moment of United flight from Newark to Spain turned around mid flight. Someone decides to name their Bluetooth devices are in four letter words, so they're evacuating the aircraft. That four letter word the air traffic control was referencing was bomb. The screenshot shows what passengers logging onto their own devices. Saw that device named bomb on their list. A passenger who saw this alerting the crew. Flight two thirty six depart a Newark Airport around six pm Saturday, bound for bottom of the Iotica, Spain, with one hundred and ninety passengers and twelve crew on board.
Speaker 3: So we're about to hear from the pilot and what he said over the you can get a grand canyon that we'll hear the pilot here in just a second. But you know how you can name like your WiFi or your Bluetooth or whatever. Right, my WiFi at home is the bomb, So when I search for it, I never.
Speaker 1: Really thought about it.
Speaker 3: That was just a clever name for when I'm looking searching. You know, if I get a new TV and I got to and it shows me all the Wi Fi from all my neighbors, and then mine is the bomb, and I log it. This kid had named his Bluetooth the bomb, and the pilot said this.
Speaker 1: We're going to be returning back.
Speaker 5: To doors because we have one passenger that seemed to be thinking, Hey, a funny joke that.
Speaker 1: Isn't so funny thrown and it's going.
Speaker 5: To be compromising. The general agents will be coming on board and they will be doing a surgeon chriss at.
Speaker 4: And which it is.
Speaker 1: A very serious issue.
Speaker 4: So wow, here's my question. How long did it take the passengers to beat the young man to death? You're heading to Spain and they got to turn the plane around.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, my WiFi is named the bomb.
Speaker 3: So did this kid name his bluetooth bomb knowing it would get picked up on the plane because he thought it would be clever or is that just what he had named it? And uh so that's two things. And then I thought it was kind of interesting. You know, it's a joke, but you're still turning the plane around and doing this.
Speaker 1: I mean, you just.
Speaker 4: Expected strongly it was a joke. But they got regulations.
Speaker 3: Well I'm sure they do have regulations, but to me, this would be one of those.
Speaker 1: Can we put it to a vote to the passengers.
Speaker 3: Look, we got a teenager who thought it'd be funny to name his bluetooth thing the bomb. I don't even a reason to think there's actually a bomb. You look at the kid and it's some you know, you can just picture the sort of teenager that would do this. Does he look like a there's no do we want to turn around, or do we want to go to Spain?
Speaker 1: To Spain, I would.
Speaker 4: Vote bo Uh yeah, I'm thinking it must have been like a Bluetooth device.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because at least on one of my things, you can rename it. You could have it be Apple headphones if you want, which I just leave them named that so I know what that's I'm talking about, or he can change it to a name if you want.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I was just looking at that.
Speaker 4: Oh man, you know I can see from the perspective of a fifteen year old why that would seem funny. Oh Lord's son. Bad decision. But you know, human beings used to understand this. If the intent doesn't equal the disruption, and it's a child, right, you roll your eyes, you give them a good spanking, whether real or metaphorical.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Spain.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, I'll lift myce Angria to that idea. Hey, kid, kid, seriously, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I thought it was funny. All right, We're going to Spain exactly any who, I'm writing the cast in nets huh what no no physical violence?
Speaker 3: So Joe opened the show. I'm basically saying Trump is desperate for a deal with Iran, and is that what's going on? There was a fair amount of news yesterday around yelling at net and Yahoo and dropping f bombs and telling Iran I don't even care anymore.
Speaker 1: On board with the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, women and deal makers can smell desperation, and I think I smell it.
Speaker 1: Is that my problem? So we got no details on that coming up. Still here Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: Here at the White House. President Trump spent his time in meetings, including calls with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Etti, Yahoo, and the leaders of Hezbola through intermediaries over the weekend. President Trump says he's in no hurry to reach a deal with Iran. Earlier, he posted on true Social he thinks the negotiations will continue to rapid pace and earlier and an interview as CNBC News, the President did not sound as optimistic.
Speaker 4: Here's what he said, I.
Speaker 8: Don't care if they're over, Honestly, I couldn't care less, and added the protracted negotiations has started to get very boring.
Speaker 3: So that's an interesting thing for the president to say. Was that designed to try to convince the Iranian leadership whoever's making the decisions.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 3: He's not desperate, Like I don't even this is dragging on too long. I'm bored with the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I don't even care.
Speaker 3: Does I don't take it at his word. It's posturing, I think. But does anybody feel a threat from.
Speaker 1: Him at this point? I doubt it.
Speaker 3: I'd be if he like, really really, you know, started bombing him again. Anyway, Apparently Trump was pretty angry that net and Yaho was continuing to attack hesblah, because he thinks it's throwing off the whole uscending the war with Iran thing. And he was on the phone with Netanyahu yesterday. And here's a little reporting from MSNBC actually quoting Axios on this story.
Speaker 9: Axios has some new reporting on that call between President Trump and Prime Minister net and Yahoo. The President reportedly lashing out at net Yahoo during expletive laden conversation. That's according to US officials and a third source briefed on the call. According to one US official, Trump told yet Yah who he was effing crazy, and that the Prime minister would be in prison if it were not for Trump, likely refer any of the Israeli leaders years long corruption trial. The president adding quote everybody hates you. Now, everybody hates Israel because of this. That's the president of the United States.
Speaker 3: You're effing crazy. You'd be in prison if it weren't for me. I'm saving your ass. Everybody hates you now, everybody hates is Reel because of this. What the eff are you doing? He said?
Speaker 1: Now, I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 3: Mark Hauprin's reporting was this is like the fifth president because net Nyahho has been Prime Minister a few times and longer than anybody in Israeli history. So he's worked with I think four five presents, and they've all ended up frustrated by Bib Netanyahu in cussing at them, all of them. So the unique thing here is that somebody leaked out the private phone call, not that somebody was cussing it bb net Nyahu. Because Trump did Armana, Biden did it, and Obama did it, and Bush did it.
Speaker 1: I think maybe even Clinton did it.
Speaker 4: I wish I knew more about the context of when they did it, because I agree with what you're saying about the leaking.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a different topic.
Speaker 4: But all of those presidents contributed to what led to October third, and that is the idea that you sep. Seventh, sorry twenty three. I knew that was wrong when I said, I was like, wait a minute, one of them anyway. October seventh, The idea that you can negotiate with hamas Hesbela Iran and get them to be good actors if you cut the right deal.
Speaker 1: They're completely wrong.
Speaker 4: And I think Bob knew that at the time, but putting that aside, I happen to agree with. For instance, the Well Well The Wall Street Journal's news piece on this is entitled Trump pushes to end Lebanon conflict in a hope of unlocking a deal with Iran.
Speaker 1: Their editorial boards headline is.
Speaker 4: Iran gets Trump to rescue Hesbolah, and I happen to agree with that. I think Trump Trump is willing to subordinate anything to his personal interest, his ego, and his desired reputation as the greatest dealmaker who's ever lived. He's willing to subordinate Israel in a second to getting what he sees as the big win or avoiding the big loss, in a way that I think is really really unhealthy. BB has become completely convinced that there is no living with Hezbolah and Hamas and Iran. They made that clear on October seventh, when they were pretending for years saying publicly like.
Speaker 1: We've given up the terrorism game.
Speaker 4: We just want to govern, we just want to bring peace to the territories.
Speaker 1: We're nice fellas.
Speaker 4: And then the moment they saw the opportunity is slaughtered, raped, tortured, burned and took thousands of Israelis hostage and bb in the Israeli people said nope, that's over. We're going to beat you now, and anything that gets in the way of that beating I am against.
Speaker 3: So Trump watches a lot of mourning Joe MSNBC. He knows that a constant refrain on MSNBC is bib Netna, who runs a corrupt government, and the moment he leaves office, he's going to be charged with all kinds of things and he's probably gonna end up in prison. So that's on Trump's mind because they talk about that weekly on MSNBC. How true that is, I don't know because I don't follow internal Israeli politics, but it certainly could be.
Speaker 1: So that's what Trump was talking about. You'd be in jail.
Speaker 3: I saved your ass et cetera, et cetera, by getting you re elected, campaigning for you basically. But what's interesting is the media, the same media that loved the story whenever that was a month or so ago that net Nyahu came to the United States told Trump what to do, that he wanted Trump to go to war against Iran, and Trump did it.
Speaker 1: We're dancing to Israel's tune.
Speaker 3: We are a puppet of Israel and the Jews, which fed the left and the right wing anti Israel people and everything like that. That same crowd last night I was watching it was saying, and this is the way Trump talks to an ally. So okay, you're not happy no matter what happens. Either you're dancing to his tune or you're not being nice enough to him, which is it. Yeah, that's an excellent, excellent point.
Speaker 4: Ah Iran. You know, they are the living proof of you know, sung to and other military geniuses saying you must never ever underestimate your enemy, if anything, overestimate him.
Speaker 1: And I don't think Trump and I could be wrong.
Speaker 4: There could be stuff going on behind the scenes that it completely blows what I'm about to say out of the water. And if it does, I will manfully come to you, good people, and admit it. I think brutal religious zealot negotiators are playing Trump. They're playing Trump against net and Yahoo. They're trying to rescue their surrogate, their proxy, Hesbelah by saying, look, Donald, we would rush to the table and settle this whole nuke thing if only that mean Beebe would stop beating up on Hesbelah. Please make him stop, and then we'll make a deal with you. And they don't have a single laughing intention of doing that. God, I've been watching this for decades.
Speaker 3: Yikes, I'll bet Trump hasn't is part of it. Has not been following like the Palestinian conflict and all that over the many, many years. What about people who say Iran's gonna come out of this in a stronger position than when the war started. That doesn't make any sense to me, But I hear people saying it all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, No, it's a bad argument. They have the shred of truth in it, in that Iran's realized, Wow, we really can control.
Speaker 1: The straight upfurmus and screw with world economy. That was always that shouldn't make them stronger, that was always true.
Speaker 4: They just didn't know it apparently or didn't dare do it, and it was a different leadership at the time. But no, they're not stronger quote unquote. They can't project any power. They can barely defend themselves. It's ridiculous. More on that in a moment afterward from our friends at rough Greens. Closer to home, your beloved pop Jack had a funny idea for a movie a little while ago.
Speaker 3: On your way home with your new baby, you stop and get a puppy, right, kill me, kill me anyway.
Speaker 4: But we all know the joy and love and everything of having a puppy and a dog, and you want them to be healthy, you want them to live longer. Most dog owners don't realize that the dog food is not really enough for your dog's health and nutrition. That's where rough Greens comes in. It's America's number one dog supplement. You sprinkle right on their food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did we already say made in the USA? Because that's really really cool. For pennies a day, you can give your dog what their food is missing, live probiotics, enzymes. You gotta have the enzymes, go oils plus over twenty vitamins and minerals and it ain't gonna cost you nothing except for the shipping. To try it, get a free Jumpstart trial bag today you just cover shipping. Go to Roughgreens dot com and use a discount code Armstrong. Yes are you ffgreens dot com? Isn't that charming? Roughgreens dot com discount code Armstrong. Roughgreens They make any dog food better for what it's worth. And I think most of you know this. I Joe am not Trump deranged at all. When he's right, he's right. When he's wrong, he's wrong. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like he's getting played. I don't know why he doesn't go back to bombing. What's the main thing keeping him from bombing the crap out of him?
Speaker 4: He's desperate to open the straits and get the world economy humming again and gas prices to drop in the US.
Speaker 1: And if we were.
Speaker 4: To restart the kinetic effort to bring near on to heel, that would postpone that.
Speaker 3: So backs for months back when he said, you know, we're gonna wipe a civilization off the face of the earth and all that sort of stuff, and I never believed that he meant that, But was he never ever going to start bombing him really hard again, Was that never really on the table?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just think he's the number one legacy he wants to leave behind is that he's the greatest deal maker to ever walk the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and he sees a giant opportunity, like I said yesterday, and I do think this is true. We'll find out. I think what he's got going for him is that I don't think people pay much attention to this, and we have short memories, so he could walk away from this, and you know, to my mind, why did we do it? Wasn't a very good we didn't make a very good deal, blob. But nobody's gonna care and nobody's gonna pay attention. I don't think he's gonna get hurt by that. In the polls. Really, they'll try to make a big deal out of it, but most people don't care. They most people, the average person think it's over cool, good.
Speaker 1: Not care about the result at all. That's not good.
Speaker 3: I don't like that you should care about the result or whether they get a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 1: But I don't think most people care.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, if the irgc AT leadership was listening, they would be texting right now saying, fellas, we've manipulated every US president since we took power in nineteen seventy nine, and we're manipulating this one. And guess what we're going to manipulate the next one. Ha ha, Well they're going to get a nup. Then that is going to be a big moment.
Speaker 1: I truly thought.
Speaker 4: Donald J was finally the president who was going to do something about it.
Speaker 3: Well, remember really something after the epic fury began. George will in the Washington Post, who couldn't hate Trump more, said the return of American deterrence. He was so happy that we'd let the world know no more pushing us around. I'm not sure that's the way the world's going to feel if we walk away from this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the next two weeks to me will be what's the term they use in fancy pants circles? It will be a declarative, definitive something like that. Yes, that's what I was going for, because if two weeks from now we're having the same conversation, that's.
Speaker 1: I think everything you need to know.
Speaker 3: So Scott Pelley of Sixty Minutes yelled at his new bosses yesterday, like, really, yelled at him, got in their faces. See what you think of that?
Speaker 4: He accused Barry Weiss of trying to kill sixty minutes, not at all flamboyantly, overly traumatic, and flappingly stupid.
Speaker 1: Shut up, you idiot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it helps to get paid whatever. He gets paid twenty million dollars a year to get in your boss's face. But get that and other stuff on the way. Stay here, hey, Eddy.
Speaker 10: According to reports, Graham Plattner, the main Senate candidate with the Nazi tattoo, exchanged sexual texts with several women while he was married. Worse, he met them on the app Okay Hitler, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, that's funny. I love especially Joe. Listen, dang it, that's a good joke. You should listen to the show. It's good sometimes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was asking Syria question for this segment. Let says anyway, so people in the media love are you saying? I want to be in on it?
Speaker 3: People in the media love media stories, So I hope this is as interesting to you as it is to us. But they had quite the meeting at CBS yesterday, particularly around sixty minutes with their biggest star, and I'm the only one on the show. I guess that still believes sixty Minutes is a big deal, an important piece of media landscape, and I'll be sad to see it go. I think it's I think it's important. But Barry Weiss, So she left The New York Times because it was too woke and she couldn't work there anymore. And then she started her own thing and it made a gazillion dollars. Then got hired at CBS as the news editor in chief and has been doing all kinds of stuff over there, including taking on sixty Minutes, which had gotten too far from its original purpose with some ridiculously woke stories over the years that included, specifically oftentimes Scott Pelly, who features in this story. He's one of the lead journalists and has always been really hard to take. He's so freaking pompous anyway. So, in addition to the fact that Barry Weiss is the overall boss, the specific boss of sixty Minutes is this new guy, forty nine year old tech journalist named Nick Bilton.
Speaker 1: So they knew that this was.
Speaker 3: Going to be contentious their first big meeting with the new boss. Before they had reached out to Scott Pelly, over the weekend and tried to smooth things out before the meeting was even going to occur, to avoid the kind of catastrophe that ended up having yesterday. Nate reached out to Scott Pelly and say, you're a very valued part of this where we respect your passionate commitment to the show. You know you're part of the plan going forward. Were on board, but Pelly was apparently loaded for bear and as soon as they sat down, he launched into Bilton and Weiss being unqualified and all this different sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: After a fifteen minute fifteen minutes is a long time, heated back and forth between the Boss, Bilton and Scott Pelly. Bilton stands up and says, enjoy the bagels, got up and left the room.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Oh at first, he said, and I love this line. He said, you're not going to intimidate me in front of this group of people. I want that to be clear, he said to Scott Pelley. And then Pelly goes on and on and on about him being unqualified in this and that, and he got up and said enjoy the bagels and walked out.
Speaker 1: So that's how that ended yesterday. That's a hot meeting right there. Wow, I wish we had more time. We have so much good stuff.
Speaker 4: So Bilton really did a nice introduction to me about the journalism is the key, but the old style of TV is going away and we need to make sure we're relevant blah blah blah, and broadcast is an ice cube that is melting, okay, he said, saying that the show had to adopt Barry loves sixty minutes. She loves it. At that point Pelly jumped in, she is murdering sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: He said. It's his opening line. She does not love this place.
Speaker 4: She was brought in to kill it, and she's been doing exactly that.
Speaker 1: She has no.
Speaker 4: Qualifications for her job. You have slender qualifications for the job. The changes she's made at the Evening News have been catastrophic, So why should we expect any of this is going to get better?
Speaker 3: I don't know this big Nick Bilton's guy background, but saying Barry Weiss has no qualifications in the modern media landscape is hilarious. She might be the most qualified person on planet Earth to understand the current media landscape.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Scott Pelly has mistaken famous for important Those are two different things, and.
Speaker 1: He's and live in the past.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh, absolutely true, and resistant to change, extremely comfortable and very very rich, which might make any of us somewhat belligerent to and big change came.
Speaker 3: Oh I left out one part that's very very important. When he so boss stands up and says, enjoy the bagels and walks out after saying you're not gonna intimidaty crowd erupts in cheers for Pelley having driven him out of the room, and he could hear it after he shut the door.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, So that's what they're dealing with. I imagine, they said, I would imagine he's a big enough guy him and Buried to out be butt hurt over this about the personalities. They're just thinking, Okay, how are we going to handle this because we got a serious revolt on our hands right Well, what we didn't mention part of the reason Pelly was so butt hurt was that CBS had fired Tanya Simon, the previous executive producer, and her deputy along with Sheron ol Fonsi was insufferable in Cecilia Vega.
Speaker 4: An event that mister Pelley referred to is black Thursday. All right, Black Thursday, Ye, Black Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't really have time for this.
Speaker 4: We've got some great audio of got Pelly interviewing serial liar former acting director of the FBI Andrew McCabe, who is right in the middle of the Russia collusion hoax thing, and then doing an extra interview about how incredibly credible Andrew McCabe is and how he must be taken very seriously and Donald Trump is clearly a Russian agent. He was so careful McCabe about what he said.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So your guess as a guy in the media, does Scott Pelly keep his job or do they decide we can't obviously move forward with him there. He can't be lecturing us in the crowd cheering, We got to move on. You give it forty eight hours, let everybody cool off.
Speaker 4: You have another meeting with him, and if he doesn't come correct, you get rid of him.
Speaker 1: You fire him, clean house.
Speaker 4: The ice cube is melting with the all due respect to your affection for sixty minutes, which is still an excellent news program, and I enjoy it most days, most weeks.
Speaker 1: The ice cube is melting.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not denying I'm in I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm in this business also, and I've known. I've noticed the changes. Yes, No, the ice cube is clearly melking. I'm melting. I'm not denying that. So make it a big move to change. I think it would be fine. It'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and cheaper, which is always important.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk to lan he Chen about politics on this election day, among other things, in our three Armstrong and Getty