Speaker 1: Are you leaving? I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 2: Either way, we want to be there. Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a termino and gage aid.
Speaker 1: We want to send you off in style. We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 2: Tell us all about it. We scared her? Was it fine?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Porn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do your need to.
Speaker 4: Ride with Karen and Chris.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 2: This is Karen Kilgariff.
Speaker 5: This is part two in our epic cliffhanger saga where the last you saw me, I was about to go off a jump in a truck, but I froze in midair.
Speaker 2: Frozen midair. Anything could happen in mid air?
Speaker 1: Oh? Could boss Hog lose interest and stop chasing me? Perhaps?
Speaker 2: What if boss Hog got a hobby and started leaving the Duke boys alone?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he started wearing more leisure wear, fewer white suits, maybe.
Speaker 2: Going on a couple casual coffee dates just to see who's out there in their little town.
Speaker 5: It is strange to me that one of my favorite shows as a child included a vehicle that on top of it had the rebel Confederate flag, And I do remember my dad saying that's bad.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's a bad flag. Well it's not a bad car. Turn it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not good to have something that bad just there for the kids to enjoy. That kind of shit where it's like, yeah, this this the racism is long held tradition in this country.
Speaker 5: Well it was during that time where people were like, oh no, this flag's of history.
Speaker 1: It's a historical. And because they had the.
Speaker 5: Characters like no, we have all types of different friends. There was no like hate in the scripts. But that just on the car that yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a man, it's crazy to think that now. Anyway.
Speaker 5: I like on the show how they were driving and there's a green screen behind them.
Speaker 1: Of course they're just sitting in a car that two gaffers are shaking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they everyone's what's so bad at acting like they were driving. It's like they never had driven before. Just oh, I'm under dirt road, so I'm gonna gyrate side the side like Chris Farley character.
Speaker 2: Also, how long did they have to film like that where they're just like, okay, now, okay, we have to pick up another one of these for scene five, scenes eight, scene twenty, Like that's all they did.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right, change your shirt. We have another driving scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we have to race around.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's driving that we can't relate to, or certainly you can't because you are a calm, fluid driver.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no no no. That's the other thing. Their horn was the fucking Dixie's. That's also racist.
Speaker 1: That's like a battle horn.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, that guy's sick of waiting for me to Goh. The thing that I when, uh, I think for me, my real awareness of how crazy the Confederate flag being places and people offending it is was I think it was probably during the George Floyd protest and someone was like, it's a loser flag. Why do we have to look at it? They lost? And I was like, oh my god, that's so true. It's like you don't all these statues or these flags are all those things, those are the losers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember that being and it being such a small period in time too. The Confederacy was just like a handful of years, right, and why is it being remembered in that way. It was really and we know the answer system. Oh, the guy that blew us off the road looks like he was a big fan of I don't know.
Speaker 1: I judge trucks, don't judge.
Speaker 5: I judge big black trucks with big American flags on them.
Speaker 2: But you know, Thin Blue Line Guy.
Speaker 5: Which is a documentary. I forget his name, Eryl Morris, Errol Morris, and it is what you can do recap that for me. I'd love to a documentary I haven't seen forever. It's a story of a vehicular stop.
Speaker 2: I can't remember where it took place, what state it took place in. Essentially, the cop ended up shooting the person, and the way it got covered up and worked through the system. There was a witness, there was a person who was murdered. I don't really remember much else, but the way Errol Morris oops, the way Errol Morris did it and directed it. It was kind of like, here's what was presented, and then you watch it that way, and then you see it again and here's actually what happened. And it was just a very fascinating and kind of provocative way to explain a true crime story.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: He also made another documentary about that autistic woman that through Temple Granted Temple Grandon, they hold the weighted blanket and they thinking of humane slaughter methods because she was like a four h you know, she's like a teachers at a college.
Speaker 2: And she was like me, a four eh superstar.
Speaker 1: Yes, early four superstar who was like, hey, this.
Speaker 5: Old way with the no country for old men bolt gun is bad and figured out the maze where they're comforted or whatever at the last minute. There's an Arrol Morris documentary about her. And there are people I know in Denver that went to school in Fort Collins and she was their professor.
Speaker 2: Did they like learning from her?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think everyone liked her.
Speaker 2: I bet she would be an incredible teacher because she really loves and cares about her subject.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, passionate about it.
Speaker 2: And also she really helped people with the cow hugging machine concept, which is certain people are very comforted and soothed by that kind of pressure, which I don't think people understood before.
Speaker 1: Have you ever tinkered with a weighted blanket?
Speaker 2: Oh? Hell yeah, that pink It looks like it's a big crocheted blanket. It sometimes is on my couch. Yeah, that thing weighs twenty pounds.
Speaker 1: It's like chain mail.
Speaker 5: It's like BB's yes, and you put it on your chest, you are out.
Speaker 2: It's the greatest. It's also you may have experienced it at the dentist's office when they put that lead thing right that were X rays used to be my favorite. I'd be like, can you leave this on for the rest of the time, and my dentist would laugh at me.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, he's like, oh, she's comforted by a deflecting radiation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it puts it asleep.
Speaker 5: But then at three am suddenly it seems like someone's chitting, like shitting sitting, or they could be doing both and on your chest careful.
Speaker 1: It's a terrible way to wake up.
Speaker 2: Either way.
Speaker 1: Yeah panicked, Uh yeah, but yeah I am.
Speaker 2: There was also Did you ever see Doctor Death? That's one of the most incredible documentaries ever. It's about the guy who worked on the electric chair and became he became a Holocaust denier because he got pulled into he started speaking. It's the most you have to see it. It's the most amazing documentary what is.
Speaker 1: The name of the.
Speaker 5: Podcast that's about the murdering doctor. Oh, that's that you've talked about on your other fav.
Speaker 1: That's not mister Death.
Speaker 2: I think it happened in Death Soon Death. That's not also doctor Death.
Speaker 5: I feel like it is which you know, one's a podcast, the show.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's doctor Death is the podcast, Mister Death is the documentary.
Speaker 5: I think the documentary is call me Greg, mister Death as my father.
Speaker 2: I think it is mister Death, The Rise and Fall of Fred. Ah. Okay, that's it.
Speaker 1: So he's not a doctor, it's me. That's the difference.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the actual point of the whole documentary, and that will help me remember it in the future. Uh, he's not a doctor, he's not an expert, and yet he starts putting together this theory about how the Holocaust didn't happen, and it is so insaneikes and so awful. And so it's this example of people getting caught up in like the glory and the compliment of a group of people going, you're an expert and we believe you, right when he's like, it's like, no, you're not.
Speaker 5: It's because there's a third one that it's something death, and it's a doctor that kept putting plastic trachea like doing what would have been maybe state of the art dipping plastic devices implants in stem cells, like maybe eventually would be the future of certain surgeries, but just trying it out on people and everyone was dying, and they kept moving him to a different hospitals, very much like I think that's monsignor death.
Speaker 1: No, it's another.
Speaker 2: Promising A Catholic priest was also a surgeon.
Speaker 5: This is another doctor one. And I swear that there's too many doctor deaths.
Speaker 1: There's many of them.
Speaker 5: And this wasn't the guy that that podcast is based on, the drug addict guy that.
Speaker 2: Was killing people a spinal surgeon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, scary.
Speaker 5: There are people just with unshakable confidence and also.
Speaker 2: No compassion mental illness. Mental illness is what I'm trying to say, that's what you were looking for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I find confidence to be a mental illness.
Speaker 1: That's how I was raised.
Speaker 5: I read doubt myself in Sabotage my own comedy, but I know it comes from a place of health.
Speaker 2: Also, I think maybe the thing you're talking about was it was like the third season of Doctor Death. So it was the podcast with a different doctor doing the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it's a Netflix thing. I live a moving picture shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Town to town, Oh got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, up and down the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look out, a lot of them are pickpockets.
Speaker 2: A lot of doctors are pickpockets.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I mean especially if you're not insured, they'll take your money.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yoh yeah.
Speaker 1: Very excited for today's guest.
Speaker 2: If we if we could, just if we could just get there.
Speaker 1: It's very deep part of town.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're so far into the valley that it's nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 5: Something happened where that La River. And believe it or not, it's a real river. You see it in Greece and other movies because it's surrounded by cement.
Speaker 1: It's an actual river and if you don't navigate it correctly, you've got to drive to go around it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah I could have said that better, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, I think a lot of people got to know the La River during this last what the press called a life threatening storm system that blew through La and the La River got very full.
Speaker 1: It became an I think they called it atmospheric river.
Speaker 2: It wit you know the atmospheric river was just the rain itself in the sky. Oh okay, and then our river got very full. It was like, look at the river. And then a bunch of other people were like, yeah, hey, real quick, that's what it's supposed to do, right, This is all according.
Speaker 5: To plant right, that's why the cement embankments are embankments.
Speaker 2: Is that a school? It is?
Speaker 1: It's geel?
Speaker 5: What kind soccer camp? Those kids are forced to play soccer in bright white.
Speaker 2: Clothing, religious soccer.
Speaker 1: And look a skate park? Hey where are we we're.
Speaker 2: In We're deep in the valley.
Speaker 5: Now I feel like I'm about to get on a private jet.
Speaker 1: Isn't there an airport over here?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, those were my opening for famous people.
Speaker 2: Days, your private jet days.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now I just get on big old commercial airliners. That's how I like it, reve and elbows with the public. No more private jets for me. It's a choice.
Speaker 2: Yep, you're in charge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just what I prefer.
Speaker 2: I prefer never being on a commercial flight because there is literally no more space to be on a plane anymore. It's so psychotic.
Speaker 5: Oh right, They have slowly, without making an announcement, taking away all the leg room and the ability to recline.
Speaker 1: In most cases, yeah.
Speaker 5: Unless you go really you know, throw some money at one of the big Delta United, you pretty much have to stay still and no recline.
Speaker 2: And you have to hope that you don't have a person who doesn't understand physical boundaries with other people.
Speaker 1: Yes, someone that takes their shoes off I know here.
Speaker 2: In parentheses, or someone that just splits their legs apart like their like that's a choice, and they get to come into your area because they're a man. Let's just say it. Well, yeah, yeah, it's men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I spend time. Yeah, it really happened.
Speaker 2: Weirdly, spreading their legs to a degree where you're just like, what's wrong in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And a lot of times do you think they're doing that because they want to chat or.
Speaker 2: Just because they belie believe that that is their right to do it, and everybody around them is like, I'm afraid he'll kill me if I say anything, right it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where I always wear a hood. What I just say, you can put it over your head. Oh okay, yeah, they don't want to kill you after that, and you.
Speaker 2: Don't have to talk well, yeah, they don't have a choice to. Yeah, but I mean it's kind of understandable because there is no space or room. But those are the kind of people. It's like, there's no space or room, I'm going to do this, And it's like, right, you're not punishing Delta right now, you're punishing me, right.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, your punk rock legs spreading is not against the man.
Speaker 1: It's against the one man next to me.
Speaker 5: Please stop being so punk rock this man right here and put your socks back on.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is the grossest of all time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Also the women that slip their hair over the seat and put their long hair.
Speaker 1: That's always surprising. That one's nuts because if.
Speaker 5: I had long hair, I would be so terrified if it was hanging beckoning someone behind me.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've seen video of people cutting people's hair that do that, which I'm like, yeah, that's your right.
Speaker 5: And it's weird. It must be a past life. But my biggest fear is it being dipped in an ink. Well, you know how they take your pigtails.
Speaker 2: You're acting like you're the one with the hair right now though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yes, I'm the victim. I have blonde pigtails.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: And my name is Laura.
Speaker 5: Angles and you know, yeah, it's why my dad always said don't dip your pen in the company ink.
Speaker 1: I think it was about now that was something else. Little house, Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was about little house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a little house, reference a little one.
Speaker 5: I'm very excited for a guest. I'm also excited for a pond pickup. I'm going to take.
Speaker 2: Off my jacket because you're quite warm.
Speaker 1: I am quite warm. That's one thing about the sea. And in this town, they will change on a dime.
Speaker 2: Absolutely got a layer.
Speaker 1: I brought a jacket because it gets cold at night.
Speaker 5: It's pretty cold at night, like not compared to other places with blizzards. But daytime, it was surfing safari shorts.
Speaker 1: It's just that time of year.
Speaker 2: This morning, though, I went out at seven am, as I like to do to greet the day. It was fucking freezing outside, truly freezing.
Speaker 5: Did you what do you do at seven am? Like just leave the house and hit the streets?
Speaker 2: No, no, I just want, you know, me and the dogs go outside, yea, and me like see what's going down? And yeah, drink coffee outside and listen to birds. I watched a thing on TikTok that said listening to birds song is like one of the best things you can do for your mental health, which I didn't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and for dogs, letting them go out and smell all new smells is very important to their mental Yeah, you gotta do it.
Speaker 1: You gotta let dogs stink different.
Speaker 5: Smells, stink it or smell different stinks. I think you know, is this the house? This is straight out of I mean it's beautiful, It's I.
Speaker 1: Really like it. Look at that foliage.
Speaker 5: Here he is ladies and gentlemen. He's standing outside my window. He'll know to come in soon.
Speaker 1: You know him from clubs?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, just a couple of minutes I.
Speaker 3: Was I didn't see you, and then I sort of just go out and I saw you were over here. You are good to see you.
Speaker 5: Our guest today has done clubs and colleges throughout the continental United States as well as Canada. Put your ears together for our friend Brett Weinbach.
Speaker 3: Hi, thank you are already starting yet. Yeah, I'm do you say? How am I I'm good?
Speaker 1: How How are you?
Speaker 3: How am I?
Speaker 1: I did the opposite with your Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: You mean you said my name without an R E no, no, no, without a wait without an N, and then you added an R to THET.
Speaker 5: I knew there was a consonant floating around looking for a home, and I just picked the wrong one in the wrong place.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a beautiful house that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I don't what you were waiting outside of a different house, I think, And I wonder if you think that's the house.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so funny.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the house that we were kind of in front of.
Speaker 3: No, they think you were in front of the next house. Oh no, sorry, which is fine. I mean, you know there's more of a mistique that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: You just have no idea. You didn't really probably absorb in any of the houses.
Speaker 2: That were around, and so yeah, we have no idea.
Speaker 3: You have no idea the shack that I live in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there were shacks left and right, and we got sucked in by the beautiful foliage next door.
Speaker 3: Well that mansion. Yeah, it's oh yeah so that yeah, well that the mansions have voiliage. So, but shacks don't have foliage. If it doesn't have foliage as a shack.
Speaker 2: Basically, how was the shock during the recent rainstorm. Is that you did it all fall apart?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would just rebuild it. You know, we're it's still a work in progress, you know, but hopefully next time we'll I we'll use brick this next time. Yeah, and hopefully it won't get blown over.
Speaker 1: The third time. It's a third time.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I'm using what is it straw this time? Yeah, so I'm going to test that out. It probably won't work out. Next time will be brick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's weird that you started with sticks and then went to straw because traditionally, and I'm no contractor or.
Speaker 1: Pig, it's or wolf.
Speaker 5: Or a golden haired girl looking for a comfortable bed. Am I confusing stories?
Speaker 3: I mean you aren't that well No, I mean you wouldn't be. I think the same character is in Little Red Riding Hood. I think that the wolf, same wolf. It couldn't be a similar wolf. Maybe maybe they're related to this idea. A quick question, where are we going that care? No?
Speaker 2: Where do you have anywhere you need to be?
Speaker 3: I was trying to think of something that we could do, and I mean I was thinking maybe I could we could pick up I could pick up some sandwiches, a Paris Bagett amazing that maybe some pastries as well. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do they have a drive through?
Speaker 3: No, it's not a drive through, but it's a quick running and get it. Or is it better if we just stay in, I mean, do it? I don't know. It was just a thought. You know, it's back the other way though, if you.
Speaker 2: Should we do like some sort of a pastry tasting. Yeah, you want them for yourself?
Speaker 3: We could do that. Why don't we do that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you? What are you interested in? Not to get away from the big bad wolf. We can get back exactly.
Speaker 5: My back started to sweat because I thought we weren't going to revisit this wolf thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll talk about the pastries when we get closer to the spot. That was just an idea. By the way, we could go to Trader Joe's also and find some treats there.
Speaker 2: But maybe I like pastry. Its fancy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, let's do that.
Speaker 5: And people, that's one thing we've learned about this podcast.
Speaker 1: We love They love when we eat into our microphones.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. What's the name of the place, like Paris bag Get. You know it's a chain.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've never heard of Paris, but yet.
Speaker 3: It's a chain. Look, I could I don't mind getting some sandwiches there for myself that I could stock up on for the tomorrow or something, you know. And they have this one sandwich that I like. I mean, I would almost go as far as say I love it, but that's a strong word. But it's it has bree cheese and apple in it, or maybe even pair and that could really kind of get me going. You know, the sandwich has pear and bree cheese in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll loot light a fire under your taste buds.
Speaker 2: Is that the sandwich where you tuck your napkin into the top of your shirt before you eat it.
Speaker 3: I would do that with any sandwich I think, Yeah, yeah, just to keep it clean, you know. Yeah, I practice safe eating safe.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, I think probably fourth grade, we're supposed to design.
Speaker 5: And invent an invention as if it was going to get patented. It was just a project and mine was, oh yeah, a tablecloth, and my mom helped me make it for an entire table that had a little tail on it that you chucked into your shirt, so you were it was like a bridge for all the food, so you could be the ultimate sob. And I still think I should take.
Speaker 1: That to it.
Speaker 3: It's not a bad idea. I have seen that that not with a tail, you know, not so designed, you know, but I've seen.
Speaker 1: That just a red lobster bib.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: No, I've seen someone were in a cartoon or something use the tablecloth as a bib, right, but not designed for that to happen, you know what I mean. That was sort of their own, but you're kind of adding this extra piece to it that can make it more practical.
Speaker 5: It would be funny if my invention actually just came from the same whatever cartoon when you watched, because this is also a cartoon wolf.
Speaker 3: Well, I you know, I had to do an invention thing too for school, and what was your mine? Was so lame compared to that. I think it was just it was basically this idea that I'm trying to remember now. It was some kind of travel toothbrush m where the all I did was what was it? I had baking soda just attached to the toothbrush, so that you could just carry the toothbrush with baking soda to brush your teeth with baking soda or something like.
Speaker 2: That little yellow box.
Speaker 3: Well it was I think we got a little container to put it in to attach it to the toothbrush. Okay, it's just it's not really an invention. I was just sort of gluing stuff together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just cutting out the toothpaste. Mental man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's already got the baking soda on the bristles.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I maybe the reasoning was, oh maybe the baking SODA's I don't know, lighter to carry around or something. I don't know why. Why the baking soda.
Speaker 5: But you keep that that toothbrush in the fridge and it keeps all your food fresh.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: There, It is there, it is figured it out.
Speaker 2: Or if you're a toothpaste isn't salty.
Speaker 5: Enough, I'll give you eighteen thousand dollars and I want twenty percent.
Speaker 3: Hey that sounds like a deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good deal.
Speaker 3: It's a deal for that. I just blew it for the travel for the Brent Winebag patented travel toothbrush baking soda kit. That sounds like a deal. I yeah, I just I don't know. There must have been something more to it. But I'm afraid it was that simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what great?
Speaker 2: What grade were you in do you.
Speaker 3: Think I think it was probably second grade or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's advanced for second Did you have to do that, Karen?
Speaker 1: Did you have to invent something?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, they didn't ask us really to. I was in like Montessori school, so it's all like do you feel great today? It was a lot of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I did not know you went to Montesssauri school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, grammar school. It was all like we had dot cards, so no one was called like advanced, middle or behind in front of anybody. It was doc card. So you were just in a color group. So nobody had to feel bad if they weren't as fast or whatever as anybody else.
Speaker 3: I had the I had the Monascory school. I think, just a little bit before kindergarten. How was it Do you think pretty good? Now? It was?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I don't know, I don't I what I remember is not I got sick once and I didn't go to school for two weeks, and it was really hard for me to adjus going back. You know, so this is age four ish to five ish or something, and you know, gosh, remember that when you get sick and then you get used to not going to school, and then it was really hard to go back to school after that. So I remember that. I have that memory of that.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 3: I remember counting beads, you know. I remember nap time, you know. And I remember vultron you know. I remember someone had a vultron and they brought it there. And I remember the sand pit.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and walking the plank. I remember people.
Speaker 3: Peeing in the pit. I think that was a thing, you pee in the pit, right.
Speaker 1: Sure. Oh Man school was filthy.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, was kidding me. I used to get boils all over my body. It was so filled. I was a filthy kid.
Speaker 5: I think every time I got sick it was because I was playing in sand.
Speaker 3: Box that was a urine for cats yea all the time.
Speaker 5: And we finally figured it out. Oh it's the sandbox. It's also where the cats hang out for bathroom time. It's funny that we figured that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Montessori school. I mean, I don't know if I really got to feel the difference between Montesssori and I don't know, other schools.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you were there in the beginning that's almost like kindergarten feels different than first grade, where you're like, well, yeah, of course that's different because that was like stage one and now you're in it in the machine.
Speaker 3: Right right, So it seemed Yeah, it wasn't. I guess it would have. I would have really sensed the difference if I went to Montessori school for fourth grade only or something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta have a contrast, gotta have a control set.
Speaker 2: I did the My control set was K through five. Yeah, essentially Montessori because that all the same teachers. It was a small school. And then I went to Catholic school in sixth grade and had the shit slapped out of me. But not just conceptually, not literally.
Speaker 3: I could have been one of those schools, you know. Yeah, maybe it was if they did martial arts there, you know, you know, if they did you know, it was if you went to you know, the Chuck Norris School for yeah, you know whatever, you know, I don't know from X Montessori school.
Speaker 2: It is for people who are sick of monesssory softness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the Chuck nor School for sheltered boys and girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some school that Tarantino dreams about.
Speaker 3: I did take martial arts when I was in elementary school and actually all the way into high school. How to go, Well, I got this. I got slapped around quite a bit, you know, learn how to be a real.
Speaker 1: Man, any belts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was a black, I got I became black. Yeah, oh wow, I went black and I never went back.
Speaker 1: Now, so you could handle yourself in a tussle, I.
Speaker 3: Probably couldn't handle anything. I mean I might be able to handle you know, if I got into a fight with a maybe a monastery school kid, now, I could probably handle that. Yeah, anything older than.
Speaker 2: That, slap the beads out of their hands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as long as it's anything above seventy pounds.
Speaker 1: I'm not trained.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean it's been too long, I think, you know, but I was pretty disciplined back then.
Speaker 1: You know, were you how serious?
Speaker 5: Because one time at a party, you just started playing piano. I didn't know that you had this background, but you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean martial arts really gave me a lot. You know, you went to playing.
Speaker 1: And what belt did you earn in piano?
Speaker 3: Piano?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Black and white?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, black and white.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hear I alternating, I know, that's about the keys.
Speaker 3: I played piano somewhere where you were once.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it was a party, like it had to be.
Speaker 3: Was I playing chopsticks? Which would explain the martial arts?
Speaker 5: No, you were like, full on, I'm a musician. I'm like, where the hell is this coming from?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I could have been an emotion in Natasha's Yeah. Well yeah, no I did that too. Actually I kind of transferred from martial arts to piano for real. Well, I mean I did take piano seriously in high school. Yeah, so that was one of my extracurricular activities. Yeah, piano, jazz pian. Actually.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was going to say, were you ever in a band, but were jazz?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We did. I did have a jazz band in high school and played in some jazz bands and stuff.
Speaker 1: Any grass in that band? You know I used to blow on the trombone.
Speaker 3: Oh you played trombone?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: We had a couple of cats in there. We had we had a guitarist, you know, on, a bassist, you know, drums, I did key, I was on keys, you know, we did our songs footprints you know.
Speaker 1: Cats, I know about you cats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I was third chair I had the driest spit valve.
Speaker 3: I tried to play a horn at one point because I wanted to be smooth like stan Getz, you know, I believe, but I didn't.
Speaker 5: I wanted the cool one that saxophone or even trump, anything's cooler than trombone.
Speaker 3: Trombone, it can be cool.
Speaker 1: I guess if you squint and you don't focus, I.
Speaker 3: Just don't because you could with the trombone. You know.
Speaker 5: That's why they assigned me the trombone. It's because they I think I whistled or something. They're like, you have an ear for music. Here's this instrument that has no discernible note making.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the beauty of it. It has an infinite, infinite possibilities of the trombone, and.
Speaker 1: I never really looked at it.
Speaker 3: That's how I'm looking at it right now at least, is that you're not just restricted to the notes, to the traditional notes that you can play, but you can play every little microtne because the scale is as is, as wider, is as vast as as you telescope you know whatever, yes, slide slide the horn or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: You know, it never went low enough, though I remember firing that thing across the room because I'd.
Speaker 3: Extend, huh, and you wanted to low and need it longer. So the longer this extension, they lower the note.
Speaker 1: And then you have to have other people they are operating it with you.
Speaker 3: That sounds like the invention need to work on. Is the super extended trombone, you know.
Speaker 2: And it goes so low that it affects other people's physical bodies and the police or government could buy it from you as a weapon against.
Speaker 5: People, and you need someone to help you, like a second ad uh trombone operator.
Speaker 3: I mean, we can get this extension really really far. I mean, this could be the fully extended trombone. I mean, I don't want to really call it a tromboner in a sense, but it is kind of like it has It is kind of extended, you know, it's like extends. We can call it extends, you know. And not only does it increase the length of the trombone, but it also makes it last longer.
Speaker 1: Really, what about the width that too?
Speaker 3: Well, that's something else we need.
Speaker 5: Are you still do want to join together and have a viagra jam in my garage because me and some other men of a certain age are looking for an outlet.
Speaker 3: Right right, you need to kind of you need to play the rest of that energy off.
Speaker 5: The earliest commercials actually had that was how they were selling it. Oh, this person's just gonna are they having a medical emergency.
Speaker 2: They don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: They're like a cow and a temple, grand and maze right now, they're being soothed.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty new car.
Speaker 1: I guess we could honk.
Speaker 2: What if they don't know how to drive this car?
Speaker 3: I think it's so new they're still figuring it out.
Speaker 1: They're not a person.
Speaker 2: No, there is.
Speaker 3: Oh, I kind of like it. I think it's peaceful. Yeah, we are. Just there's a stillness you know that I can appreciate. You know, it's very you know zen or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so often I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the Encino Town Center, and right then seem like a nice, cool, relaxing break.
Speaker 2: Go all the way around, because your place is back there, right, No.
Speaker 3: It's down that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah there's.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean that might not my place. My own place means the place we're going to.
Speaker 2: It's your new place.
Speaker 1: No, you're Sandwich residents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your second home.
Speaker 5: Where you and you're gonna buy bulk sandwiches for the whole week, right.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna buy two. I want to get my if they got that breath one, I want that? Are we're all gonna go in? Does that work? Or no? We can't know?
Speaker 2: We can't but you can't. But I mean, do you want to buy sample pastries with that twenty dollars bill I found?
Speaker 3: I'll do you? Would you guys want my macarones or something?
Speaker 5: Or what.
Speaker 3: Macron? Do you guys want my macarons or something else? Oh, I'll just hear it. You can do it later. I'll just get use a card because I'm gonna do it. Buy my sandwiches, sir, or whatever you know? I mean?
Speaker 2: Or if you put that in your pocket. Oh, just get things that look interesting that are different. How about that?
Speaker 3: Something different? Okay? But you want it to be sweet though? Yes? I do. Okay, So you don't want a fancy hot talk because they have those, they have fancy hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Do you want a fancy hot kind of want to?
Speaker 3: You do? Want something to?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 1: I want a savory as hot dog?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can I have the sweet equivalent of a hotel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll get it a sweet dog.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I haven't had a hot dog for years, but I think I want to try one, do it.
Speaker 1: I know they're bad for you.
Speaker 2: This is perfect.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be very special for you. Okay, I think it's gonna be kind of special because it's fancy.
Speaker 2: And while you're going and just see what happens.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna drop some blueprints for this extended.
Speaker 3: You want to come into Chris and see what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm going to join it, but I'll be off the record.
Speaker 3: Who it was?
Speaker 2: Okay, save it for the record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, save it.
Speaker 2: You guys got challenges.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: You'll see.
Speaker 2: Did you want to take your jacket off?
Speaker 5: Yes, thank you very much to my Dennis the Mens Little Kids shirt.
Speaker 1: And also it was a failed mission, Oh yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: I mean in many ways, I would say.
Speaker 5: We First of all, the minute we walked in, we both tripped and fell flat on our faces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really bloody.
Speaker 4: We had it.
Speaker 3: That's why we took so long. We were wiping up.
Speaker 1: I said the wrong things. We didn't. We grabbed pastries and didn't learn what they were called. First so then we went to pay for them. I just had this nutty.
Speaker 3: Round thing, so they were they were out of the sandwiches that I wanted to get, So no sandwiches, this is like, and even the pastries, everything was gone. It was just all kind of done.
Speaker 2: Because it's the afternoon.
Speaker 1: The mosts donut.
Speaker 3: What's what we got you here? Is a mochi nut.
Speaker 1: It's a mochi nut, so it's.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a donut made with mochi kind of Yeah. I think there's a mochi element to it. And it's a bisk It's a bisc off or something or some kind of bisc off type thing. The cookie, yeah, it's it's got airplane cookie. I think it's got airplane cookie sprinkled on it.
Speaker 2: I think for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean honestly, I didn't. I wasn't too intrigued by most of the patriots there, and I just I got the same thing because I didn't just to do it with you, you know, should we do it? Yeah? I mean you are you able to do that and talk and watch that everything?
Speaker 1: Watch me?
Speaker 3: I actually surprised that you're able to sort of do this podcast behind the wheel.
Speaker 1: You know who can't and tried you for years?
Speaker 3: Is that right? Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sorry.
Speaker 3: This crinkling is probably horrible for the sound here environment.
Speaker 1: I have a soft bun that has crab in.
Speaker 2: It because saying oh, okay, yeah, is it gonna smell like fishing here, Chris when I'm trying to eat my mochi? Maybe let's see.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's that? Oh?
Speaker 2: Someone doesn't know their seatbuild them?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh what how did that happen? How did that happen?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Mine's really good?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is really good. Well, let's talk about this mochi nut for a second. It has that chewy mochi quality to it. Yeah, and that's all I have to say.
Speaker 5: And you, but it's where's the bisk off cookie?
Speaker 1: And am I saying that? Right?
Speaker 3: It's there's crumbles of it on the on the nut.
Speaker 1: That's yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, this is quite a flavorful. There's a lot going on that I didn't expect.
Speaker 3: It's a surprise, right, Well, I do like I've had mochi nuts before, and I do. I haven't had this flavor, but I do like that kind of chewy moch e quality.
Speaker 5: Is there an element added of enjoyment when in the background.
Speaker 1: There's kind of a crabby.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It makes me feel like I'm on the back on the docks.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, the do at least that that sizzler when you're a kid.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it makes me I'm hearing whispers in my ear.
Speaker 1: What should we dip the but doesn't the gravy, boy doesn't?
Speaker 2: It also taste a little bit like they're doing something with coffee in there, because there's like.
Speaker 3: A Oh, do you think maybe that's the bisk Off. It's kind of a bisk Off to me. Sounds like the name of a man. Yeah, to bisk Off, you know, to bisc Off buildings, go condo.
Speaker 5: There's a comic in Houston named Craig Biskoff. Oh really, I'm pretty sure that was its name.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a really wealth and affluent name.
Speaker 1: Now you look like a bass player, big do t is?
Speaker 5: Now that I feel bad about the I'm eating the equivalent of like tuna over the sink right now?
Speaker 1: Pulled it up.
Speaker 3: I fancy fish stick that you're eating in a way, it's like, yeah, it's like a it's a crab filled jelly donut.
Speaker 5: It's uh, you're both joking and you're right, it is a sweet It shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Making me this happy.
Speaker 5: And if someone said it's a savory sweet crab pocket.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, I'd usually run for the hills. Oh is it sweet away from the.
Speaker 5: Sea, the out the actual bun part is they're sugar in it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that kind of turns me on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I kind of like the idea of that. You do mean sexually, right, mm hmmmmm.
Speaker 3: It turns me on sexually and every other way too. Fish electrically, it turns me in, turns me on in a fish way.
Speaker 2: I hate fish so much.
Speaker 5: It's jam band all really, so i've really I do open a can tuna here.
Speaker 2: It must be pretty fresh, and doesn't it doesn't stink like fish?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't smell anything, right, and I wish I did, and you know, because I like that smell technically.
Speaker 1: Is a I believe crustacean?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, that actually I don't. I actually don't like shellfish myself, crustaceans and stuff. I do like regular fish. In fact, I love it, you do. I mean it's a strong word love, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 5: I feel good because the sandwich you loved and fell on the fence about.
Speaker 1: They did not have the fruits, yeah, the pear and apple, and.
Speaker 3: They didn't have that. They didn't have just a regular ham and cheese kind of sandwich that I wanted to get. And they also only had one version of the fancy hot dogs, which you know, I mean if I wish Chris could have seen the variety of fancy dogs that.
Speaker 2: They have and can you maybe put your finger on what exactly makes them fancy flaky?
Speaker 5: I saw it and I almost got it, but I'm trying not to eat hot dogs and pigs.
Speaker 2: But you were the one that was all like, I.
Speaker 5: Know, Oh, I wanted it. I wanted it. It was much like this sweet bun. It looked like.
Speaker 1: A fully woews.
Speaker 5: It looked like a pastry, but I knew inside, well, it's flaky. And it drizzled on top. Oh, very flaky. I could tell from a distance. But what there'szzle frosting was drizzled thin stripes of ketchup and mustard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they kind of just Oh that's part of what makes it fancy, is they just sort of drizzle it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not just.
Speaker 3: Squirted on there, you know what I mean, it's a drizzle.
Speaker 1: And the hot dog barely poking out at each end.
Speaker 3: That one in particular. There's another fancy dog that they have there that wasn't there today, and it's you see the full length of it, but it's in a sort of flaky bun of sorts. It's not really even a bun, but it's a pastry of sorts. But would you guys need any napkins or anything? You have napkins here? I got extra napkins if you need that or want that, I.
Speaker 2: Would take one.
Speaker 5: I'm keeping my crab bun caged up because I don't want to ruin everyone else.
Speaker 3: It's experience, it's not it wouldn't ruin my I don't smell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really didn't smell. And I'm very impressed by this quality of fish it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have that a little later.
Speaker 2: You're gonna microwave that in the office.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yes, there's there's a little mayonnaise in there, so it's time to make it hot.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I've learned about hot.
Speaker 2: But Brent, you've had the fancy hot dogs, you know whereof you speak in that regard?
Speaker 3: What do I what I have to say about them?
Speaker 1: I mean like they're good I've made a mistake.
Speaker 3: You're saying, well, I think they're good if you want a hot dog.
Speaker 5: Right, That's the part I was on the fence about.
Speaker 3: He changed his mind. He wanted a crab croquette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: So hey, I'm I'm happy with whatever you wanted to do and you pursuing your dreams.
Speaker 1: Really, He's like, are you sure about this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That looks like some sort of not anymore. But did earlier? It look like some sort of other world.
Speaker 1: Oh this little promenade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it looked like some sort of slice of Europe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was undulating bricks and cobblestone.
Speaker 2: That could be your third space, Brent, if you want to make it that, go bring your book up there and a scarf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your own private little Spain.
Speaker 3: Spain you went with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I went.
Speaker 3: I was thinking more Luxembourg. Well I was thinking more San Marino.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I only reference the place as I frequent and I'm a man who goes to Spain.
Speaker 3: Wait, do you go to Spain?
Speaker 1: I went once?
Speaker 5: I went once Sairn Expedia commercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 5: They shot it in Spain for one day, but they let us stay there for five days.
Speaker 3: That's uh, what do you know why they shot it? There was there something particular.
Speaker 5: I think I lucked out and I was on some weird hidden tax ride off trip because the guy that was camera operating, uh and and uh, you know, giving me notes before I booked it ended up acting in the commercial.
Speaker 1: I'm going on this trip too.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, that's that's weird. And so we're in Spain and uh, it was so beautiful all the like the Goudy esque architecture and the everything was mosaic, and everything looked like it could be in a skate park, like everything looked like a skateboard obstacle.
Speaker 1: And uh.
Speaker 5: We shot two commercials, one in English and the other one was French actors.
Speaker 3: Who get it with Spain.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, this could be a beach anywhere you could have colorized the water to look blue and green, but no, we went because it was a beautiful beach.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that it was a French in Spain because it makes me almost think of putting an taking an N out of a name and putting an R in another word, you know, that kind of mix up. Look, I apologize, no, I just said. What I'm saying is I think there's some consistency to the sort of.
Speaker 1: No, it's time we cracked this open.
Speaker 5: Since I met you, I've alternately called you Brett and Brett yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I usually run off and get it try and just run away. I know he didn't know.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing oftimes when people say Brett, I think they just have a stuffed up nose, you know, I think, oh, they must just be stuffed up. They might have allergies or.
Speaker 1: Cut to see her again.
Speaker 3: I really honestly think that people just have a nasally or some sort of stuffed up sound. That's normal for them too. Maybe they don't have allergies, that's their normal sound.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't put the blame on my deviated septum. I actually have messed up your name way. And this goes back to when you had a mask of your own face when I first saw you at the punch Yeah that was Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just as a tree, oh my god.
Speaker 5: And later on walking around the city in that tree, did you know I got accosted?
Speaker 3: I think you told me that later some years later.
Speaker 2: That yeah, yeah, by eco terrorists.
Speaker 5: No, by a regular regular old give me, give me some money, I thought. But he came up behind me and grat put his arms around me and squeezed, and I think he was acting out what he felt was the most perfect, perfectly timed tree hugging joke. But I just looked at him and saw that he was desperate and scary, and so we had a and.
Speaker 1: Very young you know it.
Speaker 5: He run at the end of my extended trombone and we got in a bit.
Speaker 1: Of a fight.
Speaker 5: He slammed him down, yeah, and which I'm not bragging him felt terrible because he had a look on his face like why is this happening. I just did the funniest tree hugging joke. But he was following me before that to ATM.
Speaker 3: And this guy was a Montassori school student. He was he was young. He was a young man, No, he was.
Speaker 5: He was desperate and looked looked like he was going to cause trouble. But as soon as I was.
Speaker 2: Punching him in the face, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't punch him. I just slammed him on the ground.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 1: Driving back, it was like, look at that tree attacking a man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't punch it. We just did a pile Driver.
Speaker 5: I do that series, the one I'm not proud of it. It was a it was a it was a it was a dark.
Speaker 2: Knight, well and darker still when Brett walked up with a mask of his own face song that.
Speaker 3: Was Halloween costume. That's so, I just thought it would be kind of funny to just have a mask in my face. Yeah, and I did a set with that with that mask, you know.
Speaker 2: And I was a paper mask.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, it was paper mask, just made.
Speaker 1: Didn't you print hundreds of them and have the whole audience with them? Or did you?
Speaker 3: I did that some years later, and as part of my Edinburgh show, I had Yeah, I kind of had promotional items. I've made these masks.
Speaker 1: I maybe I just saw photos of that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. So there was the last I think the last night of the shows. I had everybody in the audience where we took a picture.
Speaker 2: So that's awesome.
Speaker 5: It's funny and you and I, you and I have known each other for so long and we've done so many of the same shows because we're from a lost genre of comedy known as alternative comedy.
Speaker 3: I mean, one could call it that. I just call it comedy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: Some people call it a kaiser blade. I call it a sleep.
Speaker 1: I know you're yeah, I know you killed Dwight yol come that one time. Yeah. I of course I.
Speaker 5: Almost got offended when people said that, because I'm like, no, I want to work everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to create.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not trying to put myself in a hole, you know. I you know, yeah, let's do them all and clubs, you know, clubs and.
Speaker 5: College and I've seen you do well in those situations. And and any comic that knows you would say what you're doing is risky or making it harder by being not going for what everyone knows it's relatable, or like because you don't have that.
Speaker 1: Gear in your head. You do what you want to do and everyone likes it.
Speaker 2: I am I've never seen you.
Speaker 1: I've never seen great.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, and I I have not done great before. But I will say that I also am very I do. I do strive to appeal to as many people. I don't want to be challenging or you know, I don't want to do what I'm doing for uh, I mean, I don't want to only appeal to a certain I want to appeal to.
Speaker 5: All, and it used to I think a lot of working comics are road dogs. From when I first started, thought that I was trying to be different on purpose, and I'm like, why would I do that?
Speaker 1: Of course I want everyone.
Speaker 3: Of course I have heard that before that I do. Oh you want to challenge the crowd. No, I don't want I want them to want to be easy for them, you know, just easy laugh, as easy as possible. I don't want them to have to find the laughter somewhere. I want it right there in front of them.
Speaker 1: Well mochi nut Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: It's off on top of your comedy, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it gets so that has that affluence kind of energy to energy. It appeals to the lowbrow.
Speaker 5: And hi, yeah, don't forget it's a little nutty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think most people, though, if that's their goal, they're like, oh, let me do all relatable premise like hacks.
Speaker 3: Well look there, you know, it's all about to me about appealing to as many people as possible, but also doing it from a place of you know, that's true to myself or your guns stick stick to my guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At the same time, but it's about finding the bridge.
Speaker 5: You know, do you still do stand up well open carrying a firearm stick to them?
Speaker 2: Can I ask you about my favorite thing that you've ever done, which is, and I can't remember if I've talked to you about it, but I probably have, maybe not is your Annie lennox y video that you recreated shot for shot, which I every time I saw it on the internet, I would retweet it and be like, this is the best thing that's ever happened. But how did that come about? And what was the behind it?
Speaker 1: I've never seen this?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: And I've seen all brands.
Speaker 5: Anyone listening right now, their chances are you've seen the one nine hundred gangster video, right it is am I saying that, right, that's.
Speaker 3: A good way to describe it. It's not one nine hundred gangsters, but I mean it's I mean, it's I mean, no, I think people know what you mean. Yeah, pick up the phone. The why video Annie Lennox, Why well Annie Lennox for for just to start is she's a very striking woman, and she has very striking features, and she expresses herself visually in a very intense way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Willem Dafoe or Tilda Swinton.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's true. They're all kind of all the same. I don't know, school, yeah something. And I thought I was watching that music video one day, and I've seen it a million times, but there was this one day when I thought to myself, this would be really I thought it would be funny if I just did it, like if I if if instead of any Lenox it was me doing it because and I just thought that would be funny for some reason, you know, I think it's it's what I would I would discribe this. I was I'm about to say something kind of pretentious.
Speaker 1: But no, this almost I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say, it's no, No, it's I wasn't gonna say that. I was gonna say, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Say you're as pretty as any let.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I should be, Yes, I should be the anty Lenox of music. I should be you know, a multi platinum anyway, the uh I I get. I was going to say that it's a really kind of postmodern comedy thing where the joke is not the joke isn't just recreating something but with certain things change, but it's it's not even making fun of something. It's just recreating it. That's to me very much of postmodern comedy thing is when you kind of just recreate things and or you simulate things to as much of a precise degree you can. And then also, but there's something off about it too that makes it its own thing too.
Speaker 2: Well, because you didn't have any makeup on.
Speaker 3: Well, that was okay. The reason I didn't put makeup on is because I didn't want it to come across like it was some kind of cross dressing thing, right, And I wanted it to be clear that the joke of this is me in this, And because and if I had makeup on, it would want to be maybe like a cross dressing thing, but also it would look like too much like Anny lenox that I wanted to look like. The comedy to me is me. You're seeing me in my face in this, not any lenoxes. So yeah, and being.
Speaker 2: That dramatic and sincere and all of it without yeah, without eyeshadow, without any of the actual drama. That's what I loved about it is you were giving a thousand percent to make it like what Annul is out any wink. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks, I mean it took a lot of memorization too, because there's certain long takes of things that you know, it was kind of having to rehearse it, you know a few times and memorize the moves for each shot, some of them being long shots, you know, just kind of knowing where in the music cues that it was Okay, here's the part where the brush is kind of going over the in between the eyes.
Speaker 2: And because she's also doing this thing, she's staring straight into the camera the entire.
Speaker 3: Time, well, she's also she's staring at the camera. Well, she's also staring at herself a lot of times too in the mirror, which I think is interesting about her. She does that a lot. Well, I think she does that a lot. She does it in another music video which I also considered, you know, redoing as well, because it was is this one where she's staring at a mirror the whole it's her face against a mirror, and that one she's pretty expressive into. But anyway, yeah, you know, she's really it's it's just I don't know, I just thought it would be funny as all. You know, there's no that's pretty much it, and so I just told I told funnier die. I just said, hey, how about this is a videos? Why any Lennox but said, alys is me. We just recreated exactly, and so they produced it and they went for it.
Speaker 5: I forgot that that was kind of like you go in there and pitch it to him, much like Shark Tank, and they would produce videos and then the success of that video would be based on voting, did you yes, yeah?
Speaker 1: I think funny or does it die right?
Speaker 3: Right right? Exactly? Initially I think that initial concept was based on Hot or Not dot com. I think you remember that. Remember how or Not?
Speaker 1: I thought Hot or Not became Facebook?
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's what I thought it.
Speaker 3: Was, you know, I think it did. But then I think that this kid thought hot or Not? What if we did that with comedy, I think, And then he told his dad about it, and then they made the company or something and his.
Speaker 5: Dad was Will Ferrell something like yeah or Adam.
Speaker 3: It was Adam, And I think think guy's name is Kwame.
Speaker 1: Or it starts yep, it's ringing a bell.
Speaker 3: Michael Kwam does that ring a bell? And it was.
Speaker 2: Literally the same thing of the objectification of general people of like we decide if you're good or bad, but with like people's sets or people's videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just the comedy videos. But I think that they I don't think the voting system was in place by the time I did that, right, that video that was early Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have voted for you five times.
Speaker 3: No, thank you. I appreciate your appreciate your votes. Every vote counts. I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for your votes.
Speaker 1: So you know that brings get out there.
Speaker 5: Rock the vote, right, all the musicians are doing it, celebrities are.
Speaker 3: Lennox Is doing it? Then you could do it too. Rock the voat four.
Speaker 1: Up, next the rock and jock pop.
Speaker 3: Next, we're gonna hear a new cut from Rollins Band.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then Eric Nice is gonna show you the most recent dance moves.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's where a simpler day.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you know, by the way, do you know how I just learned this today? Do you know how MTV started?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: So, Michael is it Nesmuth who's in the Monkeys?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: He created a show for Nickelodeon, and I forgot the name of it was called pop video or something like that. It wasn't pop up video. It was some show and it was basically music videos, and it was just supposed to be a show for Nickelodeon and so they and that was sold to Time Warner or something like that, and they thought they just they thought, oh, this shouldn't be a show, it should be a whole channel. So it was kind of semi created by Michael Nesmyth and the.
Speaker 5: Making little movies for a music like Let's Start with the Two B's or video Killed the Radio Star. That seemed very strategic, like, hey, this might ruin music if people are more concerned about what people look like it. But I don't think that they were. I think that's just a weird, ironic coincidence that that was the first song.
Speaker 3: No, there does seems like there's some kind of calculation there.
Speaker 2: I think they were planning that for sure. But I think, well, there's a really good When you asked that question, I was like, God, I want to answer this. And I have no memory of that documentary, but there's a really good documentary about MTV. Because I was eleven when it came out, so it was like we were absolute cult members. We watched it all day every day.
Speaker 1: Yep, me too.
Speaker 2: We loved it. We were like obsessed and like there would be like you know, like a family or you know, like neighborhood function. There'd be like twenty kids in a room, dead silent, all watching it and just like we couldn't believe it. It was so finally TV was good and it was like TV for younger people, which it wasn't like that before, and we were obsessed. So like that documentary is really amazing because it kind of shows all the different ways, like you know how it used to go and the MTV logo would change. They would just call up all those artists that they liked in New York and have them all submit and they would just use everything.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was a really.
Speaker 3: That was There was different versions of that because I just recalled just the.
Speaker 2: One song, guitar on one song, different logos, so there would be the original, but then.
Speaker 3: There was like the reason it changes is those are different artists every.
Speaker 5: Single Yeah, right, gotcha, Sorry, that's cool. Guess the notion of like my sister having all of our best friends come over for the premiere and it was advertised of Duran Duran was going to have it was a video or maybe a concert, but I remember them down there screaming and and or the we are the world thing globally this uh this video with all the artists in the world to fight fam and in South Africa there's all artists in the world.
Speaker 1: And darod feelings. Did you watch that documentary.
Speaker 3: About why Dan?
Speaker 1: They never address it. They try and move, but it's more.
Speaker 2: About like friends with somebody or are just in the building.
Speaker 5: They he had just uh, I don't know why he was and you could tell by the look on his face He's like, why am I here? But that's also what Bruce Springsteen and and Bob Dylan felt already talked about this, but.
Speaker 1: They're they were wondering why he was there.
Speaker 5: They know that not that traditionally they aren't vocalists that are like, oh, I'm going to hammer it out like Diana Ross. So Huey Lewis Springsteen, who had a sore throat. He just came off of his Born in the USA tour that night and flew to be in this room of geniuses, and they it's funny who's self conscious and who is like, oh, yeah, this is just a walk in the park. And no one was more nervous than Huey Lewis. He's like because they interview him now too, and he's like, I knew that I had the worst voice in the room, but.
Speaker 1: He nails it, like, yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: It's just it showed all these stars and some of them very relatably are self conscious and other ones are like, you know, Diane Warwick's like, I'm the only one that belongs here.
Speaker 3: There was certain and Prince of course, you know, you know he was invited, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's the only one that didn't show up. You got to watch this thing if you know that.
Speaker 3: You Madonna, Oh really, yeah, she was kind of I guess, maybe not taking I don't know. Maybe some people didn't take her seriously.
Speaker 5: Because culaper was there, but people did take her seriously. And there is a great scene where it's like, something's wrong with the recording. There's a scratchiness in your voice. And then they finally realized it's all of her jewelry was banging together and they're like, yeah, there's interference. Maybe it's these necklaces.
Speaker 1: Whoa, wow, he almost got touched by a cement man.
Speaker 2: What's happening? Am I not in a lane? This is so weird?
Speaker 3: I think, well, you're getting into a lane. Yeah, I think you're on your way to your.
Speaker 2: Transitioning, but these guys want to go before me.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: He thought he could squeeze in, and he just knows the dimensions of that vehicle.
Speaker 3: She just knows what's going on.
Speaker 5: This is going to make her nervous. But I know exactly how many inches I have.
Speaker 2: But I've never been more confident.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was going to say that to bring it back to us knowing each other for a while. Chris, Yes, we you know, you and I were both in a sort of I don't know, maybe perhaps pastiche of we are the world. Yeah right, I mean you know, I mean it's cut together, we're in the same video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your line is so open up your mine?
Speaker 5: You remember, Yeah, I remember, because we everyone had their I'm glad we did what like you and Bronger and I just riffed a made up thing.
Speaker 3: I did sing some real lyrics too.
Speaker 1: Yeah me, I like what they used. It was. It was weird, but.
Speaker 3: I kind of did it as a character, kind of you know, I had sunglasses on, and well I mean people wearing sunglasses anyway, but I mean I was kind of doing as a character.
Speaker 5: I think I tried really hard to say. I'm like, I'm gonna belt something out.
Speaker 2: What was it for?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: It was for the LA Food.
Speaker 5: Bank and it was Scott Ackerman and BJ Porter. It was a comedy death Ray group We are in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and weird Al was in.
Speaker 3: It with hard and Firm and I think that to introduce it or something right.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 5: And here's what he said, here's what he's so it's the funniest. It's worth watching this comedy death Ray Christmas thing just for the Kurt Russell in Crow, because he goes.
Speaker 1: The end of the Introy goes.
Speaker 5: We all know that laughter is the best medicine, but food is the best food, and he delivers it with such a committed dry.
Speaker 1: He paused extra long for food.
Speaker 5: And just from that alone, I'm like, Oh, Kurt Russell is like the funniest.
Speaker 1: I wish, I wish.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: A lot of his movies are comedies.
Speaker 2: You know, it's true. He's less dramatic and more yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: Blisk and a dramatic character that's comedy. There's a there's a video of him and his His son's an actor that I didn't realize was his son, but looks a lot like him. And there they keep laughing. He's making fun of his dad for watching.
Speaker 1: He caught him.
Speaker 5: Came in and caught him watching one of his movies. Yeah, and and and they just both start laughing and they had identical laughs.
Speaker 1: And then he was like, oh, I didn't know you were coming in.
Speaker 5: He made like a oh you walked in on me watching like porn or something joke. And they kept going back and forth and they kept I watched it over and over because the.
Speaker 3: Son was masturbating to the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well that's where the interview gets weird because they start doing it on camera together.
Speaker 3: So let me show you how to do that. The first of all pop up extends and.
Speaker 1: But no, they just it's just like a dad and son. It's fun. It's just something you watch and it makes you miss your dad and that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like to get it said.
Speaker 2: There's also a real good documentary because Kurt Russell's father, who would be Wyatt Russell's grandfather.
Speaker 1: Wyatt, that's it, that's his name. Wait, thank you?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, what's say?
Speaker 2: What the son of is Wyatt? But the grand the grandfather, and Kurt Russell's father was a he was on I think gun smoke for years. So he was like an old school fifties Hollywood actor, and he when he was getting older and getting cast less, like he had worked all the time, and then to a degree, and then it was like after he was fifty, he was like, I can't get work. So he moves up to I think it was Portland or maybe Seattle, and he starts like a Triple A League men's softball team. He either starts already takes over ownership of it, and Kurt Russell plays on the team and he basically brings this team to glory and it's all these like it's a great documentary. It's like a Bad News Bears for adults.
Speaker 1: But Kurt Russell was already in like Disney.
Speaker 3: Movies, yeah, because he was a kid actor. Yeah, he was in commercials and stuff too.
Speaker 2: But in his twenties, I guess he went up there and was like, I'm gonna go play like un non professional softball.
Speaker 1: I guess, for the fun, for the sake of having fun, for the fun.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 3: When's the last time you guys saw Bad News Bears.
Speaker 2: I've been ten years easily.
Speaker 3: Well, I watched it recently. What was you gonna say recently too.
Speaker 5: No, I've been meaning to because when I worked at Fuel TV, it was across the street from The Bad News bears Field, and so I was like, oh, I gotta watch that.
Speaker 3: Oh I hadn't seen it for a long time. I mean maybe you know, whatever, forty years or something, but I I saw it recently, and it's really good.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 3: It's such a good movie. It's not it's not even doesn't even seem like it's really for kids. It's Walter Meth yeah and yeah, so that and it's it's really good and it's not it's structured. I mean, I don't know. Just a lot of things about it are really good.
Speaker 2: And well there's parts where he is so awful to those kids while he drinks, right, while he drinks beer and stuff, and it's so refreshingly funny, and it reminds me of like, oh, that's what my uncle Steve used to be like, where it's like adults would just say whatever to kids and be like, yeah, like none of that what's best for the child in any way?
Speaker 3: Right, there's a lot of realness to the to what happens in that movie, and just the way it plays out too. I'm not to spoil anything, even though it's pretty old at this point people should probably, but it just plays out not the way a typical sort of baseball movie would play out. I feel like, are you.
Speaker 2: Talking about the picture at the end and.
Speaker 3: His dad, Well, I mean that, but also just ultimately what happens, I mean, like overall, you know, for everybody. Yeah, but also the way that there's a lot of silent moments too in the movie that feel real too. And yeah, just it's it's a kind of a in some ways a gritty movie and it's really good. It's just really good and it Yeah, it's about this alcoholic guy and he is drunk. Yeah, and he's coaching this team and oh anyway, really you haven't seen The Baddies Bears in a while? Yeah, I recommend it. Like I said, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid.
Speaker 1: It was just yeah, tonight.
Speaker 2: For that so funny. There's a lot of swears. There's a lot of bad swears, bad swears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll bring my jar.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's interesting actually the swear words.
Speaker 2: That are using, yeah, really very seventies.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, there's words used more freely in that movie. That you would not use to Some people wouldn't in those some people would maybe use even more freely. Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't do Yeah, but anyway, not to sorry, not to get off topic on from Russell. No, it's in the Russell family.
Speaker 2: But also that I also loved when I saw it originally and then when I rewatched it, it really felt like tatimonial being a picture and all the ship she went through and like being the best picture and then but whatever is like it's so now and today where it's like she's getting the job done and everyone's still pissed. Anyway, it doesn't work, And I don't know, there were so many things in it that are like, oh, this is gonna this isn't the thing that society is going to solve. This is always going to be an issue. There's lots of those kinds of lessons. I think.
Speaker 1: Oh, and it has that Earl Hainy.
Speaker 2: You know it's Jackie Earl Haley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was in that. What does it bring away?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And the other one that's about like the Vegas kids with with Matt Dylan, like the Rumble Fish or something.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: City he's in a lot of like cool like seventies movies that I've like.
Speaker 3: Wait, is it no Matt Dylan movie, is it? It's not The Bodyguard? Right, No, not the body But is that what it's called My Bodyguard?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That era?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a good movie.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It was Jagged Edge.
Speaker 2: Did you say breaking away?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Over the Edge, over the Edge, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all that stuff.
Speaker 5: It's like, I want to watch this, but I feel like my parents won't let me. And I missed the boat. That's probably the reason I never had a BMX bike.
Speaker 2: Also, Jackie ol Haley was the pedophile in Little Children, which is he was so creepy. That was just like return to the screen.
Speaker 5: I've never seen that. I just know he's like swimming in a pool looking creepy.
Speaker 2: It's such a good it's such a good movie.
Speaker 5: And do you live anywhere near the dress Also, how do people watch the Dress Up Gang? It felt like we were going to that house for some reason. I always imagine, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, oh, that's the house for Dress Up Gang. I thought you're gonna say, well, everybody lives everyone lives near dress Up Gang because it's on the internet, and the internet is everyone I.
Speaker 5: Thought it was real, so that lives on the internet. But I thought all the characters in real life lived together.
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of true they did at one point, right, Donnie and Corey used to live together. Okay, is someone Corey lives in that house?
Speaker 1: Okay, it is.
Speaker 3: It's actually not even a house. It's a it's sort of an apartment complex that of houses of sorts or something like that. Yeah, I mean it is some sort of apartment.
Speaker 1: And we were nowhere near it in your neighborhood. That's funny.
Speaker 2: We were literally looking at that house that we thought was your house, and we're like, oh, look the dress up.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. Not only was it not my house, but it was also not the dress Gang's house, which you thought it was.
Speaker 5: One day, we'll get to the bottom of what TV show that house that Stranger's house was in.
Speaker 1: As we ignored you standing by the wind.
Speaker 3: I can talk when I was looking for you guys, and then I decided to just go out. And then I saw this car here and I thought, oh, that must be probably that's them. And I walked over there and I said, hi, I remember that, Yeah, you might remember, I said, so dress up you know, I think it's on TBS dot com, but it also I think most of the episodes are on YouTube. I think, yeah, you can find it if you look for it. All the episodes are out there somewhere.
Speaker 2: And it's so funny.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no thanks, I I those guys who make it are really so good and so talented. They're so funny, and just their sensibility is so good.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you're good.
Speaker 5: And your character on it is somewhere a near jazz guy talking about.
Speaker 3: More. He's a little he's kind of jazz maybe but a little more, a little more hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but he.
Speaker 2: Has a sensitive side too, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's kind of kind of any Lennox too. Really well, degree, you know, got a little bit of everything, you know, I got you know, what are those people call the TV killed the radio star.
Speaker 4: Googles, the bugle buggles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it's got a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of a bugle boy, got a little bit of hot a bogle boy. Does he's kind of a bugle boy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Zipper on the cargoes and you gotta peg the cuffs.
Speaker 3: Do you think that would be a good line to work these days, you know, if trying to meet somebody. Excuse me, are those bugle boy jeans?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You think that could work. Yeah, well there's a line to pick up, pick somebody up.
Speaker 1: Someone age appropriate. Hell yeah, I remember those.
Speaker 5: Remember Gennaris hyper colors when I get married?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hyper color? Yeah, I believe it or not. I had a hypercolor shirt at one point that was.
Speaker 2: Hyper I was too old? Was hyper color? You touched it? Changed color?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was like, uh teen wheels or turboteen. Uh getting angry. He turned him into a trans am. But you want him to be a high school kid again, you get him cold wet?
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was the most bizarre cartoon ever.
Speaker 5: His teeth turned into a bumper, his hands fisted up and turned a rubber time, and then all of his friends.
Speaker 1: Got up in him and they dropped the reaction and then they're like, He's like, I'm still a car.
Speaker 5: You guys are like, oh sorry, and they hose him off and he turned to a kid in a letterman jacket.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 5: I know it seems like I'm making this, but yeah, Gennaro was like, if you yeah, you breathe on it it would get dark, like a pink sweatshirt that gets dark.
Speaker 2: Was it anyone? Was anyone concerned? Like I immediately am concerned. Then you put that shirt on and now you're a sweaty pig like it is cool.
Speaker 3: Then it was up to somebody else to change the you know, then they could touch it, put their hand on it if they were warm. Yeah, and they could put their hand on and you know it would make a handprint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just changed.
Speaker 5: Like the cool part is you're indoors, you wearing purple, you go out and recess all of a sudden it's pink.
Speaker 1: So it's like whoa.
Speaker 3: And they had different gimmick ones like an invisible man that there was this invisible man one where it shows the man and then once it heats up, you just you know, it just becomes the hat and the sunglasses something like that.
Speaker 2: Incredible.
Speaker 1: But there's another golf course, right yeah, yeah, I don't think. Yeah, I've never done this one.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to this one.
Speaker 1: It's a crappy part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, forget that one.
Speaker 5: I will not hit off rubber mats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh, it's.
Speaker 3: What do you talk about usually on this podcast? You talk about old.
Speaker 5: No, No, we're getting too Yeah, we got a whole script that could so I gonna get into the politic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm just wondering if it's been too Uh. Listeners don't like you talk about something they don't never even heard of.
Speaker 5: Problem, you're so surprised, Yeah, I I we anytime we try and plan something, they're like not loose enough.
Speaker 1: They'll get upset. Oftentimes, the original.
Speaker 5: Plan with this podcast one was to take someone pick someone up or take them from the airport and provide a service. The airport became the worst place in the world to go to. I had some mental breakdowns. Now we go and drive around neighborhoods, and we used to talk about, Hey, how was your gig or how are you looking forward to your gig.
Speaker 1: To provide a comfort.
Speaker 3: You get support for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you have any gigs you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: So here we go.
Speaker 3: This is not a road gig, but it's a there is a sort of I don't even know if I call it a gig exactly, but there is a sort of thing that I'm having here Los Angeles coming up that I can mention.
Speaker 1: A corporate event at dinner party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a corporate event. You have to be working. If you work for Chase Bank, then you're definitely invited. It's mandatory, you have to. So my sister and I do this weekly live stream on Mondays at six pm Pacific time.
Speaker 1: Is your sister a musician?
Speaker 3: She is a musician, but she's really funny too. She's the funniest person I know.
Speaker 5: And I've I did not know that was your sister. I've of course watched clips. Oh yeah, okay, you're so fun together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's really well, who did you think it was just.
Speaker 1: A friend of yours that I've never met?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, so she's she's a musician, but she's you know, she's funny and.
Speaker 1: Does why you're so good at reading each other?
Speaker 3: It's oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a lifelong that's cool. And it's called the Chicken Coop. And so we're doing our one hundredth episode. So that's online normally, right, and it's on my YouTube channel, which is YouTube dot com slash Brent Wyback. So you know, it's usually online and we interact with the it's live, we interact with people watching and stuff, and but lived in so this is it's yeah, just so it's that one there, but anyway, yeah, it's beautiful. Thanks. I mean, if you're just I don't know if you're just saying that, or it's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: We love it. We do love it.
Speaker 1: The one with that swing wait let him do is playing? Sorry?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, it's not not right directly that we're in front of here, but over one.
Speaker 1: Oh good, that's the best one.
Speaker 3: Oh were you saying the one with a swing? No? Yeah, yeah, the one over the beautiful house. All right, sorry for the one hundredth episode, for the hundredth time. The uh, it's we're doing a lot an in person version of it that's going to be at the Crow in Santa Monica and that's on March fourth. I don't know where this comes out. Maybe this came out or this didn't come up, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Come out, No, it might be perfect timing.
Speaker 3: So March fourth, it's a Monday, and it'll be that eight pm so and it's at the Chrow and it's gonna be basically the same thing we do, which is we watch old commercials from the eighties and you know, just talk about nostalgic stuff kind of like what we did a little bit today. Yeah, there's a little taste actually yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, joke around and stuff, and so that's gonna be in person March, yeah, March fourth, so you know, if you're in the Los Angeles area and yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And if not, if they can't see it, can they watch it on your YouTube?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's archives of all the episodes is on the playlist that's called the Chicken Coop on my YouTube channel. Yeah, and that's so that's something you can check out, yeah, if you want to.
Speaker 1: And watch all all of the videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dress up gang and then you know, my friend Doug and I do this web series called Poundhouse and a new season was released recently and those are all out now. You check out the new season of Poundhouse.
Speaker 1: And nominated for a streamy I believe it was.
Speaker 3: It was one point in the past. Not yeah, I mean I think maybe the third.
Speaker 1: Have good memory and I did you open up your.
Speaker 3: Did you how did you know about the stream that was? That's old news, But I mean how did you know about that?
Speaker 1: That that is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that but the lyrics there ain't no looking that up.
Speaker 5: That's a memory, all right, Yeah, because I haven't even watched that, right, I don't watch it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Yeah, check out Poundhouse and check out that and I don't know, the pound Cast is the podcast to do with Doug and that's pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad to find out that's your sister.
Speaker 1: I've been wanting. Yeah, you guys are great together.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Yeah, she's she's hilarious.
Speaker 1: You know, so check out Brent Weinbach and Brett Weinbach.
Speaker 3: Brent Weinbach, you know that probably I bet you might find stuff under Brett Winebach because people probably make the same mistake. Well, maybe find stuff that we don't even know about. Yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, it just find out all the iterations.
Speaker 1: Successful car dealership.
Speaker 2: Watch any version of Brunch, Brett Winebo.
Speaker 3: Look up Brett wing Lash, Wingspan, Yeah, Wingspan, yeah, wing Berg. Actually, I bet you people do Weinberg. Yeah, you look that up. But there's maybe something under that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds like controversy.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks, thanks for everything. Thanks say the same thing, Thanks for everything, Julie Newmoar.
Speaker 5: Thanks for with love. You've been listening to h Do You Need a Ride? D y n ar Aar.
Speaker 1: This has been an exactly right.
Speaker 2: Production produced by Analise Nelson.
Speaker 1: Mixed by Edson Choy.
Speaker 2: Our talent booker is Patrick Cootner.
Speaker 1: Theme song by Karen Kilgarriff.
Speaker 2: Art work by Chris Fairbanks. Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar pot That's d y n Ar Podcast.
Speaker 5: For more information, go to exactly rightmedia dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Oh, You're welcome.