Speaker 1: Okay, we are taking it back to the early Jersey days. Teresa and Jacqueline get an invite they can't refuse, but worlds collide and tempers flair when they come face to face with Danielle, fashion designer, actor, singer, and host of the podcast Hello Isaac. Isaac Msrahi joins me to break down this episode. His new podcast, Hello Isaac is on iHeart and wherever podcasts are, and it's doing really well. This is Real Housewives of New Jersey Season two, episode nine, posh spite. Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: We're doing rewise. Tell me you watched it.
Speaker 3: I did, of course, Okay, I watched it.
Speaker 2: Had you seen it in the beginning.
Speaker 3: Of course I had. You know, I used to follow Jersey. I don't really follow it anymore. I guess I could because it's really fun and funny, but I don't know why. I don't think I really liked it in those days. I think you know what it was. I swear to you. I think there was something about Carolyn Manzo that was so charming that kind of like pulled the whole thing together, Like she was a She was a steadying presence in that.
Speaker 2: Show, maternal figure yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And when she kind of took her leave of the thing, I started to like lose my interest. It's like Nini leaks when she was off of I don't know why, Like I can't watch Atlanta anymore. You say, live for Atlanta.
Speaker 1: It was the best one when when Cher said, who going to check me booth? And I said to Andy when he fired her, I was like, what the fuck are you doing? And they brought her back later I was like, what the.
Speaker 2: Fuck are you actually?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Nanie's probably the most iconic housewife of all.
Speaker 3: She is an iconic aside from you.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: So no, But so here's the thing, So I want to know where you are in this now because I, first of all, I watched this episode with you and mind like thinking about what you would be thinking. So we'll get into that. But then the world of housewives, which is so cluttered and crowded, and when we started, and when I started on it, they were just a one franchise, then two that it was really like Jersey.
Speaker 2: It was New York.
Speaker 1: I know, Orange County started, but who cares? And they're good and it's entertaining but New York. Ramona is right when she says, yes, uneloquently that New York did put the Housewives on the map because of the media, not because of the people.
Speaker 2: The media.
Speaker 3: And also, Darling, we're from New York, so we're gonna say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, but it did. It became It was like a nice, campy show.
Speaker 1: And then New York came on TV and we were in the city of the media, so there was more coverage because socialites in New York were more were pissed off that people like Jill Zaron were saying she runs with a fabulous circle of people.
Speaker 2: They were really annoyed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exact.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it like provoked.
Speaker 1: New York magazine. So but where So what's your relationship to the entire franchise now?
Speaker 3: Of the Housewives entirely? I watch see I do, stopped and I started again about two years ago or more recently, I watched that. I will never miss an episode of Beverly Hills because it's so fascinating. No, I'm telling you, I live for those girls, and I know some of them. I know Kyle a little bit, and I know Rina a lot. I know Na a lot from QC. And I'm gonna miss her, boy, I'm going to miss her on that show. And what don't know, I don't know. I just find it so And also the clothes, at least you you know what the clothes are or are trying to be on that show, whereas like on these other shows, Oh my god, the clothes, it's like, where do they come from? A I think.
Speaker 1: It's well, a couple of things. I know you hate the Burkins, and particularly the small one so Beverly Hills is fraught with.
Speaker 3: So I hate them. I absolutely love them. I just I hate what's happened to the whole symbol of the Burkin. It's like, exactly, it's so everyone and it's so shrunken. It's so like like when they shrink it down or like it. It's so pale by comparison to the rest of the clothes these bitches are wearing, you know what I mean. It's like, wait a minute now, if you if you know, wearing Darling, yes, you're be littling it. If you're Caroline Kennedy, right, and you're wearing a T shirt with a pair of jeans, maybe a manoale blanic kitten heel something and your hair is gray and you're carrying a burk and boom, you know. But if you're all dressed up, it's overkilled this thing and costume me bullshit. And you're carrying about burket It's like, wow, look how rich you are? You know what?
Speaker 1: And you see the girls putting them in the camera angle you see it?
Speaker 3: No, and they're always talking about it. It's like, oh, you know how much of this cost right? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, the show does. It's so funny. Even with houses. I used to say, you can never do that. I think that's so ghosh. But I find the g's, the f's, the seas, the over logos like costumes so insecure and ghosh. So I'm interested. What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Completely one hundred percent. You know. The thing is like, Darling, there's a when I grew up in fashion, which was literally in the last century. Okay, babe, Like that's how old And that's why no one wants to cares what I have to say. But I remember, like, and I'm not saying any of this is bad, but like when we were little or kids or young adults, you know, if you looked at something that was really hard to get in or out of. Right, if there were corsets and you know, if you had to do a million buttons and zippers and things, it wasn't modern, Like it was like, yeah, no, maybe it's good visually, but no, you know, I'm sorry, Like I didn't like it and you were taught not to like it, or if it was something that was extremely tight and extremely revealing, no, you know what I mean, there was a kind of hold on.
Speaker 1: There's a meaning to it, I think because I read the book written about Anna Wintour which said that, and I'm getting somewhere with this, which said that, like Tom Ford doesn't love the whole circus of the met Gala a because he likes when it used to be an elegant night out.
Speaker 3: Be I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with him either.
Speaker 1: And he also doesn't like the matchy matchiness when someone wears his whole outfit the way it is on the runway also because it's not being creative.
Speaker 2: I kind of get that too. I get it.
Speaker 1: I don't know enough about it. But Anna Winter, I think somewhere said like she likes when someone seems like they're dressing like themselves, like she doesn't want you to come in to work for her and dress like a version of what you think she would want and she But these girls all are dressing in a way that they want to, Like it's so forced, it doesn't look natural.
Speaker 2: So it brings up to me what fashion really is.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, Like, now I'm gonna kind of like throw you for a little bit of a loop, okay, because if we talk about what fashion really is, darling, we'll be here like for the rest of the.
Speaker 2: Fir will stop this.
Speaker 3: Sorry, no, but I'm gonna say it's like, you know when I say I like watching Beverly Hills because I actually or New York because I actually know where they're getting these clothes from. And I don't know like who is making these dresses for these housewives in Atlanta or like in you know, Florida or in But.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that make what about this? Why do you need to know?
Speaker 3: No? I don't. I'm just saying it's just a funny puzzle.
Speaker 2: Manuzz exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: But also on the converse of that, when you're watching, you go like, okay, like where does a dress like that come from?
Speaker 1: Like, oh, it's interesting, like where in the whole where is the story? That's fascinating because you played, you play in the game show, You're like, oh, that's a blah blah blah, that's a Selene A.
Speaker 3: Little bit A little bit. Also, I'm saying to myself, like, man, some dressmaker, some queen went out of her mind to make that that, you know, because it's like if you look at it and you go, oh right, I get it, It's like it's Tom Brown, you know what it is like if you're just watching La but then you're watching and you're going, well, whose fantasy is that? What collection did that come out of? Like what your do?
Speaker 2: You do? Do you always?
Speaker 3: You know? But yes, I mean it's like it's one of a few things. I mean, or it's just a little dress you got on main Street in Easthampton and I saw it the window. I know, no exactly, I know, I know, because but you don't wear you don't do that, darling, you don't do that. You know that other thing from Dubai. Oh my god, the dress darling. And they go to lunch and they're literally have trains and like attendance not really lam squad, I know, I mean, well, it is real, darling, It's becoming real. That's my point. We don't know. We hate it, we hate it, we hate it, but it's not real except the children gag over it. They gag right, and they go, That's what I want to do when I grow up. So but give it ten years, twenty years. It's going to be people walking around with entourages and people holding their trains to go to the gym. I'm not kidding you, no, no, no doubt. Naby honey. If you wore anything in discreet at that time in the turn of the last century, you were you couldn't even show up the Ridgerton They wore the same dress. Well Bridgerton. You know what. I have a lot of problems with Bridgerton. I got I watched a few episodes and I found it just so kind of like, I don't know, I didn't like Bridgerton, okay.
Speaker 1: And I meant it okay, so, oh my god, we got so fascinated.
Speaker 2: I'm drunk.
Speaker 1: Hold on, but wait, you know what I mean though. What I mean though, is that there's a line between it being a reality show and that Denise Richards shows up on a balcony in shorts and everyone's in ball gowns, which they're doing for the cameras, so they're doing it for us. So it's theater, which is what the Metcal has become too, because it's a competition, but theater. But it's not really wearing today when the cameras aren't there. And I always wore what I learned today when the.
Speaker 2: Cats were well there. I don't get that me too.
Speaker 3: I mean, we grew up looking at Tina Chow and you know, like Maxim de la Falleis and Loul de la Falles and Son Laurent and all those Betty catrou and all those girls who understood that, like you could wear a white shirt and a bunch of bracelets and it was so fabulous, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you, and Todd Ford on that I'm with you, like, don't look so thirsty and forth? All right, So the jersey, so that we know your relationship to the housewise you don't you watch certain shows religiously. To me, first of all, it's fascinating. A jersey is about family. I agree with you about Caroline as a person as a and I like Jacqueline too, but I don't think I think Caroline is like almost too genuine or too good and too normal for the housewise, like she and her husband are talking about retiring.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bored.
Speaker 3: I'm a little bored.
Speaker 2: Oh and Albi.
Speaker 3: So I feel that the thing was Albi and his law career and all that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yes, and having a possibility. Yeah, but the retirement conversation. The show now probably wouldn't be as indulgent of those conversations, right because they're like not as like quick moving, you know, drama. And I find it fascinating. She is from a family of eleven I.
Speaker 3: Know me too. I clocked that one, honey, I clocked that, Darling. That's a lot of kids.
Speaker 2: Like think about that.
Speaker 3: That's like another kid.
Speaker 1: That's like you heard that about other countries, Like that's like an Irish extraordinary, like a.
Speaker 3: Play on you know of Martin McDonough play about a family with eleven children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was like, okay, screech marks.
Speaker 1: And it's funny that they all weren't more in this show because you see Kardashians and like all the spawn like making entire shows. I'm just curious about these eleven people. Eleven is enough.
Speaker 3: I mean that's eleven children.
Speaker 1: I always find it fun to watch these years later, not just because like the quality is different, not just because there were only four women, which was is shocking when you say just the.
Speaker 3: Four women shocking shop.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's like it's like that was back when the shows were probably trying to be a little more like Sex and the City, you know, with just the four girls.
Speaker 3: Or human you know, human. I mean, how many fucking stories can you follow with real deep interest? You know you can't follow many more stories, you know, I swear to God. Also, by the way, you had that, I remember, and it all came back flooding back to me. Remember the sort of like the gay the gay gay friends gay, the gay who was who didn't have any scenes this week, but I remember her. I remember this guy. He was like tall and ald built, and he remember.
Speaker 1: He was sitting a friend on the wrong show on.
Speaker 3: This show friend. He was gay. He didn't have any scenes on this episode. He may have already come and gone and this and the whole franchise, but there a lot. He was one of the kids friends. I think he was like Carolyn Manzol, like had kids that moved out and he moved out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was kind of Yeah, I remember he looks.
Speaker 3: He looked straight, but he was completely gay. And I remember in the day thinking like you might meet him in an alley some night.
Speaker 1: I would, Wow, he's not on the show. He's more accessible, well exactly.
Speaker 3: He's also probably my age by now.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I found.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of the concept that I tell people about when people are asked to leave the show or when people really succeed. Danielle is the hate to hate. Like there's love to hate, there's love to love. Danielle is the hate to hate.
Speaker 3: She's the hate. It's so true. She got really that's a good one. That's yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Right, you know what I mean. She's the first ever watch What Happens Live guest fun fact?
Speaker 3: Is that true? Ye? No, wait a minute, but by the way, like you know, she's the hate to hate character who literally is introduced as such, like she doesn't have a good moment from the fucking beginning of the whole thing, Like she literally comes in and you just like want to kill her. From the mid arc. There's no arc. She doesn't get there.
Speaker 1: She starts there, so like fascinating. Okay, So Kim Kim.
Speaker 3: By the way, Kim looks exactly like Sonya if they literally it's the same interesting, sure, the same lip. They went to the same lip person. I'm serious. Literally Kim him with the blonde Kim D. Kim D and Sonia Morgan booth. Okay, by the way, Sonia Morgan, I saw her in person a few times. She is literally a fucking like Burne Jones drawing. That woman is so pretty. She's so very beautiful and fragile. No, I'm not kidding. She has the face of like a burn like an angel, like a I don't know what.
Speaker 2: She's going to be so happy. This is going to make her life in the text.
Speaker 1: So Kim D is the quintessential first real Bravo example. Well second, because Jill's friend Brad was one is a real Bravo example in the beginning, when people didn't realize that this person's clamoring to be on the show, right, like.
Speaker 3: Why isn't she on the show? Right? Where's her? You know? Kind of magic.
Speaker 1: Well, she's like the Marlowe of this show, like a semi hateful friend that can't make the cut and I don't know why as the main character, but she's going to be a good side. And she's the smartest one on the show because her little store that is so cluttered gets the main stage at a country club in a local fashion show.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you know, Darling, can we talk about that country club? Can we talk about that fashion show?
Speaker 2: I mean and that story.
Speaker 3: You know, But that's what I'm saying. So it's all it's all of a piece. And by the way, like.
Speaker 2: But how Jersey, what do you mean? That's what that is? Jersey like?
Speaker 3: But I have to tell you also, it's a really really good strategy and sell to sell clothes. That's not just you have this crazy store that's tiny and it's just like full of all this stuff and you just have to wade through it. I think people like to wade through stuff to like I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: When they go TJ Max model except like.
Speaker 3: The Mini Mini Mini Mini Mini version.
Speaker 1: It can be aid producing though it has to be curated properly. Otherwise you hit the wall and you feel like you're panicking.
Speaker 3: Yes, the very I can't do it. I prefer like, you know, walking in and there's like a rack with like one or two things.
Speaker 1: I like organized, I can't I like organized, but TJ has a way of doing it where it's my organized section.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I agree with Danielle about that woman being off putting in a front facing desk position.
Speaker 3: Oh you do. I know me too. I don't understand. I don't understand walking into a shop and there being a desk with a w I don't get that. It was like, yeah, I didn't disagree with Danielle on that. I mean, she did kind of jump the gun a little bit. God knows what. Yes, you know what. I knew what happened to her on the way she came, she came to it, whatever it was, she jumped the gun. But but I do understand why she would think that, like, oh, really, receptionist, I walk into a store, it's a woman sitting at a desk. You know, because if you walk into a store and a woman standing there with holding some you know, holding some hangers with clothes, you go, okay, well I'll wait a second. But if she's sitting at a desk on the phone, by the way, on the phone, it feels like you're being screened. It kind of feels like you're being screwed.
Speaker 1: It feels like you're in a dentist office. It doesn't make any sense. And it's also like a giant tall desk. It doesn't make it. You don't walk into so I thought like, and she was also low at the desk, like it looked like a dentist doctor. You're low, you're like, hey, guys. Anyway, I thought she was off putting, like it was just like that's the place.
Speaker 3: I mean, she wasn't mean or anything, but she was a little off putting. And the fact that she was on the phone added.
Speaker 1: To the you know, I hate that in general by the when you walk into a restaurant, you hear their comment, put the phone down and greet me at the restaurant host.
Speaker 3: Oh no, darling, darling, darling. When you when you Darling's when you walk into a restaurant and they don't see you right away, that's just such a hard time or they don't say one second or whatever. Yes, that's very very That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They're like on a personal phone call and they're like not giving you eye contact.
Speaker 2: It's passag. So this was passag.
Speaker 1: This woman was passag But Daniel, it's just like some there was some like foreplay that we didn't see where Danielle had some institution happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she understood something. Some producer set her up or somebody set her up. You know, she did.
Speaker 2: She she knew that she was walking into.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a million things that could have been that morning, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like I think she already knew that, Like this was her friend who was like infiltrating Teresa because it's like noodle into the show to get your your.
Speaker 2: Fashion show in.
Speaker 1: So she felt like she was like friend jumping and then like there was some behind the scenes thing and that was interesting. But I found the best and most New Jersey Housewives line that I've ever heard that I didn't notice the first time around was I was next door paying my water bill.
Speaker 3: Wow, oh right, that's because you pay for water in Jersey. I forgot about that. That's which stuff. I remember when I was a kid, we used to go to Deal, New Jersey for the summer, which is a short town, and there were water bills and my father would always say, you have to pay for water out here, Like what the fuck? You know, by the way, can we just cut I know this is on your list of questions. I don't want to jump.
Speaker 2: The question jump whatever you want?
Speaker 3: Could I just go because for one minute, like, did you think that maybe Teresa at the end was kind of actually reaching out to her to like or what? Or did you think I like that? Was that? Was that a produce? Real? Like? Whoa?
Speaker 1: Okay, because I thought of it too. It struck me too. So what I think happened was, oh I know what happened. Okay, I know what happened.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: So before I know exactly happened, I had to just go there and be a housewife for one second. Okay, So you're going into a scene. You're going in to go to the night, the big night. This is the big fashion show.
Speaker 2: This is a big deal. This is a big multi camera maybe where you.
Speaker 3: Wear your little chinchilla jacket if you're.
Speaker 2: Full on, and then the little shrug for Jeff.
Speaker 3: Which was so good, that little shrug. You wish you had that shrug.
Speaker 2: I wish jeans though, so good?
Speaker 3: Or you know it's like a turtleneck and some kind of like a little tight skirt, Oh my god, so cute.
Speaker 2: Go Okay, yeah, should I got rid of my wife? Okay, So here's exactly what happens.
Speaker 1: You get there and this is also early seasons where you're actually listening and a producer comes into your car. Let them the other person's miking you, the sound person's making you, the producer's next to you, and they're like, okay, so tonight, this just happened with that which you're going to have to talk to Cam. You should definitely mention this to that person, and I think that should happen and make sure you get in that and make sure you do that, and make sure you invite Penelope to the Saint Barts next week. Like there are beats, beats that you have to hit.
Speaker 3: Let's get the beat, of course, but I'm going to give you is so much more interesting than what you could ever subjes.
Speaker 2: I don't like Yeah, I hate it. Yeah, I don't like that. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: It's not for me.
Speaker 1: But you still manage to absorb some of it. And you're aware as and I would never be always take at the fuck out my car, but you're.
Speaker 2: Aware in your mind of what you want.
Speaker 1: To get done because you're a good employee and you're a good team player, and you want to hit the beats. You're aware of what they've said, so Teresa has the only thing that this audience wants and needs by two people that actually are cast members of the show, is for these two people to get together. It's Serena and June in Handmaid's Tale.
Speaker 2: So we're not going to finish this.
Speaker 1: So even if everyone's thinking about leaving and getting their jackets, the producers putting going in a bathroom and saying, you gotta talk to Danielle before you leave, Like it's the Me and Kelly bensimone scene, right, you need to get that scene.
Speaker 2: You need that moment.
Speaker 1: So what's happening is Teresa's just sitting there and she's like, hi, like just trying to.
Speaker 3: Like she's trying to do something.
Speaker 2: Something, it's an interaction.
Speaker 1: And then Danielle is like, and I do believe it was probably Teresa that was told that, and Danielle is probably like, Okay, whatever, genuous and it was gamy and that like, fuck you, I'm gonna go where I wanted where I felt. Anyway, the reason I didn't want to talk to you to begin with, I was shocked, Oh she's seventeen. I'm shocked that we have like bookend shit show episodes like the last episode of the last season was Flip a table. Not that many episodes later.
Speaker 2: I know it's.
Speaker 1: Like like like there's a lot of cops and fights in this series. I never remembered it being so crazy that they're like very physical.
Speaker 3: Well I do. I remember it being crazy, and I remember it taking the lead in the franchise. It became like the most popular franchise because it was so insane.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly. Okay, So you know, here's the thing. Danielle seems I don't like to use the word nuts, but like she comes out of the gate paranoid and like she starts the fight before the fight is started. It's just so and I'm an aggressive person.
Speaker 2: It's so aggressive.
Speaker 1: Like it's like she's at a ten. She comes in hot at all times, is what I notice.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, Darling, it's like because there is a special kind of a gene that exists in anyone of the housewives. You included right where you're like going, this is a show that has to be interesting, it has to be feisty, there have to be conflicts, right, so you've got and she especially is very very sensitive. She's like a missile of like a heat seeking missile. She will find the drama if you set that woman up right. So you were talking about like having producers going well, this has happened, and that has happened, and you're going like, really I know it, mind her up, and there has I know, like kick the snake, kick the snake. You know, I don't think if you're you know, if you're a conscientious kind of Bravo employee, you understand that you're supposed to bring some kind of a drama to a you notes, no, you have to be promotes. But I think like in the case of Danielle Boy she is like and sometimes I think maybe a little too she is a little bit too highly strung and too sensitive to that, to that ability to she's half coughed, she's haf cough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's half coughed. And you brought up the best thing though, which is interesting. First of all, I have to remind everybody that like, there's no way to describe Andy Cohen doesn't even know what it's like because he does has never lived it. What it is like to involve heightened to women, to involve ratings, to involve producers, and they're all different on all the different shows, different types of producers, and then to involve alcohol, and then to involve the fact that you live in this vortex where you think all this stuff is important and it means a lot too at this time, even though it's not real.
Speaker 3: Yes, you brought up.
Speaker 1: Sensitive with Danielle, which I definitely agree with, And there's something about her to me that feels like like a caged animal that if you come at them, they're just going to like, I know, well.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about. And you know what, She's not the only one. Like I've been on Andy Show a million times and you can feel like certain of those women, Darling, they are they don't it's nothing stands in their way between you know, between the drama and the capturing of the drama. So it's like you don't even exist in the room. You know what I'm talking about, right?
Speaker 1: What I want to say those people, I always am shocked by how somebody could fuck up this job and get fired. And the thing is what happens a lot is some people. There's a couple of things that happen. People won't come a.
Speaker 3: Minute, Wait a second, wait a minute, Okay, don't you give me this, because what's good about you because you under sad drama. Drama wasn't as important to you as like, I don't know. First of all, you're a writer. I think you're like a writer. I swear to god. It's like you're writing in your head, like how many different fucking ways can this go down? And you not to blow smoke up your butt. I think that's why you were so good on that show, because you didn't go in half cocked. You went in phone cocked. Oh I'm kidding now, but I mean no, you went in going like, Okay, I'll do my best here, and then you recognize something as writer. Yeah, you didn't go in going anything.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like, oh, you're describing preconceived notions. You're describing a leg on a dance floor, which was obviously so self produced.
Speaker 2: But that's what I was just going to say. It's impossible for.
Speaker 3: Me to a dance floor. You didn't. Oh my god, okay, get me. No, of course I know.
Speaker 1: But oh sorry, No. What I'm saying is the pre like and sometimes it can land. It can land like Teresa. I'm sure she's semi planned that or in the moment.
Speaker 2: Planet, but it landed.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is preconceived notions. So people come into the Housewives, and there are a couple of ways they do it. They've they're coming in, they've watched it every single They're gonna be just like Bethany.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do it just like me.
Speaker 1: And he called me from a reunion recently and said, ex housewife is literally channeling you right now and trying has studied the reunions and trying to be right now.
Speaker 2: Andy, that happened recently. Okay, but that did happen.
Speaker 1: But you come in and you either want to be better then you want to act like what's going on with all these people like in Carol Radzivill, like I went on George Clooney and I'm a I'm a Kennedy and like what's going on? Everybody's so dramatic. That's one way. The other two is I'm gonna fuck with the most powerful one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna come in, put them down, goodbye exactly. Wait a minute, by the way, can I just say one thing about what you just said, which is before what's coming in and coming to Bethany? Right? The one thing I love already about Jenna Lyons, like the show premiered, Yet she says something in the Times like I think it was like a bold type of bold face kind of quote from her. She said, you know, I don't know what they're going to think of me. I don't know if they're going to think I'm stuck up. I don't know if they're going to think I'm an asshole. I don't know. And I was like, Wow, that is the greatest thing I ever heard in my life. That she's already kind of like knowing that they're going to think she's so stuck up because she's really smart. You know, Jenna Lyons is very, very very smart. And I tell you that's what that's what is great. Like, I think the reason I watched New York, the reason I watched Beverly Hills, is because you know, you've got some smart people. You've got some smart people. It's not just table thres, not many, no, no, no, but you have some Like That's what That's what I think is exciting about the New York reboot is that they're at least Jenna is very very smart, you know what I mean, She's smart enough to say, well, maybe you think I'm stuck up, you know what?
Speaker 1: I mean, like, but the most iconic housewives are not the smartest ones for the most part, just yeah except here.
Speaker 2: Well thank you. But there's an art to this thing.
Speaker 3: And and Kyle, Kyle's really smart. I met her twice and she is smart.
Speaker 2: You know, she's smart.
Speaker 3: Smart.
Speaker 1: There's an art to this thing, and it's not what people think that it is. So anyway, people come in and do that. And then the third category is a person who comes in and they're like, I'm going to burn this house to the ground, right, but it's disproportionate and it just doesn't land.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't land, and it's very, as you say, half cocked and not fully cocked. I gets saying fully cocked.
Speaker 1: Because I really like it, saying yeah, let's talk about Bailey's on the Rocks as an Italian drinking.
Speaker 3: Oh baby, And they had a name for it, didn't that, Oh no, it was Bailey's on the Rocks. I thought they kept saying babies on the rocks.
Speaker 2: Bailey so Italian. I love that good.
Speaker 1: Teresa's drinking a drink with an orange and a pink drink with an orange.
Speaker 3: And what about a second, darling, what about a coke with a shot of wine.
Speaker 2: Hello, I happened.
Speaker 3: That happened.
Speaker 2: That could be a TikTok sensation. I want to go.
Speaker 3: Maybe I know we should get together. You should have that should be like your new Oh. I feel like you introduced that moscow mule. I feel like you personally introduced the moscow mule to the entire like Western hemisphere. Yes, yes, on your show known as The Real House was Yeah, and I swear to god, it was like the first time anyone ever heard of a moscow. You may have to revive like a coke with a shot of red wine.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna make a tri yeah, okay. So and also I find it fascinating that Caroline and her husband keep talking about retirement.
Speaker 2: Paul and I are long.
Speaker 1: Distance, like we we don't We're not together all the time, and we both it's good because I'm with my daughter, then I'm with Paul.
Speaker 2: We have pot too, Okay. I don't need to be up anyone down all day.
Speaker 3: Long, arnold. We live in separate places. We come together for three or four days that he goes back to the city or I go to the city.
Speaker 2: And you're married.
Speaker 3: We're married.
Speaker 2: So this is a non traditional relationship.
Speaker 3: By the way, completely monogamous, unlike a lot of homosexuals who have open relationships, unlike a lot of new heterosexuals, and you know, polyamorous couples who do a lot of stuff. We are what is what was I going to say? We were non traditionally sort of.
Speaker 2: Oh, monoogamous.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are monogamous.
Speaker 2: But how long has it been like that? Oh?
Speaker 3: My god, always, I'm not kidding you. I met him, well, I met him about something like twenty two years ago, and then we split up for seven years and I just slept with everybody, you know, But then we got back together. We got back together in like two thousand and seven, and we have been monogamous since two thousand and seven. We got married in twenty eleven when it became.
Speaker 1: But monogamous, non traditional locationally and that just life dictated that you made a decision.
Speaker 3: No, no, you know what. When we chat about it, I'm like, oh, you know, we're monogamous. We both go I'm not sure, not sure, you know. But then it's like you try or something. I don't try. But it's like I approach somebody approaches or I approach her, I think, and then I'm like, that's not worth it. No one could be as sexy as my husband.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jacqueline's daughter gets asked to be in the fashion show, so right, that's another smart This Kim.
Speaker 2: Is a little minx. She like, I gotta lock this fucking fashion show. Oh yeah, it's o air.
Speaker 3: And do you believe that? Like Jacqueline's daughter says yes, like she's okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Why don't you believe it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I guess she does. I guess everyone. She just wants to be a she.
Speaker 2: Wants to be a model.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Danielle's daughter is stunning and seems really true.
Speaker 3: It is like Shay gorgeous. Really, you know who else's daughter is so beautiful. I've said this before a million times.
Speaker 1: And Ashley's beautiful too. I'm just saying they didn't ask Danielle's daughter.
Speaker 3: Luanne's daughter. Oh my god, she literally looks like she should do a Chanelle. She should be the fact that girl looks like a proof character. I'm serious. She is so beautiful. She looks like a nineteenth century like a like some I don't know, like a Baldini drawing or something. I mean she is so beautiful, that girl, those eyebrows. Oh Darling, at least she was. I don't know. I haven't seen her in a minute, Like sometimes they grow into something. But the last time I saw her, and she's out here a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's her name?
Speaker 3: Her name is what Victoria Darling? Last time I saw her, she was she should be. She looks like I don't know, she looks like in a still La fraisage.
Speaker 2: So that's shotspired. Not having Danielle's child in the show.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what shot inspired, like this woman, Kim not having shots fired.
Speaker 2: So now so now we're at the show.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: By the way, Kim does like a nice little apology on the phone, which was like a good obligatory apology, and she's like, let's just let's just start over. And I kind of remember that from years ago. I don't know why I remember that apology. It was just like Danielle, let's just like not we thought, it's okay, I'm sorry whatever.
Speaker 2: Like I kind of liked that apology.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Weird, just like by gone's bygones.
Speaker 3: Apologies to show you're so right about that, you know.
Speaker 2: I just like I like an apology like that, So all right, here we are, we.
Speaker 3: Are, and then the show, I mean the show like you need you need someone to walk down a runway to show like a ripped up to a printed T shirt with a printed jean leggings. Really, that's what you're going to show in your show. It's crazy. And you see the girls looking like, oh yeah, those are good leggings. I need the I guess what the hell.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious, it's ridiculous, it's so Jersey and it's so great.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's like a little bit like the Borsh Belt or something. They'd have one of these like fake fashion shows up there, you know what I mean, how they do like competition pictures, Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Something like on The Marvelous Missus Mais, Yes.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, like they do these like little shows like that's what this is with these because it's just a non housewife managed to jam in her store in a fashion. I wouldn't allow that anymore, like no Dwayne or one of those.
Speaker 3: Well, Duane was one of the best characters of the entire and I can't believe they don't see that. I can't believe they don't see Dwyane and like recognize Dwyane, like Dwayne show was the air, I mean the craziest person.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all, Who's Bentley? Was that the Kim g I don't know where that Kim came from, but she's another Kim. And they showed up at a four door black Bentley. That's like old school for the luxury cars that came into Housewives later, Like it was a four door like flying Well.
Speaker 3: By the way, I always say that to myself, like when I see the quotient, like the car quotient on The Housewives, I'm like, where's my may back, where's my fucking you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I mean it, it's very we got to get the car going for the show. Yeah, it's very like a different car each season.
Speaker 2: Who cares. If we build it, they will come.
Speaker 1: If we if we mortgage our houses ten different ways from Sunday, then the money will come. That's the Housewives model. You don't have to be rich. You just have to look rich.
Speaker 3: Look it for a minute, and then go into debt and get in trouble and then be on the lamb.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, I'd say, And but you always have to make.
Speaker 3: It to the reunion. No matter how on the lamb you are, you gotta make it show up to the reunion.
Speaker 1: Five to ten percent and that's a it's a I'm being generous. Five to ten percent of housewives actually got it like that right from money Stampoint. I've literally read fifty times when people say the net worth of housewives.
Speaker 2: They are so wrong with everybody.
Speaker 1: They say, Carol Radziwill's worth like several million dollars, like she's worth a couple, Like they go crazy with everybody. They're always wrong. Okay, So Danielle comes in with the bodyguard. Who was that guy?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, I don't know. And and also when she said that thing about what made me giggle? And you know again the bodyguard maybe giggle. But also when she said, Paris Hilton taught her to pretend.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know they were friends. That's like I said, my friend Gwyneth, and who's that right?
Speaker 3: Right? Right? But we didn't know they were friends. But also like, I love how Paris Hilton had to teach you to do that, right, It's like you would just assume that if you were on your phone, people would get annoyed. I love how Paris Hilton had to point really funny, it's really subtly funny.
Speaker 2: Funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like like if you're on your phone, then you might be engaged in something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something had that.
Speaker 3: Oh oh right, you know tell me that, Paris Hilton.
Speaker 2: But yeah, exactly, Yeah, that's important.
Speaker 3: It's important important.
Speaker 2: Asterisk that's hysterical. I didn't think of that.
Speaker 3: I saw way, you know, like, can I just say one thing? Because we've all been on Andy show a million times and they go, what do you think? And you're like, well that is really who would wear that? You crazy? You know? And then because in advance, I would say to him Andy, how am I going to say that this is revolting and that I hate that or that I like that? He says, Darling, you must say this, and I was like, but I can't. I can't, And he was like, but you know, these women, they open their lives up and so there it's open season.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, it's also an open season. I'll watch what Happens live for Clickbait Central for four days. You've never had more headlines about the ship you say on there than the next four days after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, what, But he's kind of right in that respect. It's like if you go on the reality show, you open your life up to someone going really her friend Paris Hilton. I mean, I'm sorry to say that, but it is very funny, and I do like her. I do like Danielle. I'm not kidding. I really like Danielle. But you know, I got to say that. And then and then, by the way, when I said earlier about how like you know, the children are gagging, right, the children are gagging and ten years everyone is going to be doing all this. They are already because of Bravo, because of the Housewives, because of you, because of Andy's show. Because I'm telling you, like life is imitating art. Life is fucking imitating art, whether we like it or not.
Speaker 1: You brought up something interesting, You brought up something I've thought about and I've said it, but like I forget about it. So you go on watch What Happens Live as a Housewife, and you know, you go into the super this is what's happening. You're there to play and so yes, you're there for clickbait, You're there for questions, you're for audience polls, You're there to get yes Okay, that's the problem I've had when.
Speaker 2: I go there now, having.
Speaker 1: Left that atmosphere, having chosen to paid, I just want to hawk my ship and be entertaining and go with Andy and like, you know, a little bit of clickbait, but I'll go there. I'm like, so Ramona was asked who the ugliest housewife of all time is?
Speaker 3: And and I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing this anymore. I'm not paying to do this anymore. I'm paid to talk about my products. A couple of j Lo Raleiota questions and you know, Sigourney when he was on which will God rest his soul? Because he was really funny on the show. But like, I'm not paid to come on here and get dragged by like poles and ship. So that's the funny thing that you bring up, Like.
Speaker 3: Because you're because you're so in the you're so so so in in the franchise and enough to be doing a podcast called Rewives Okay, blue blue fat boom boom, boom, okay boom. But anyway, but then but then the thing is like for me, I am not doing yes, of course, of course, but listen, but me, who I am not in that world? And I watch it like some crazy teenage girl. I watch it and I'm thrilled, and I go like, you know, I can't wait to go on that show, was going.
Speaker 2: On show saying really so fun. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So he's so cute and he's so like I just he's so mysterious and anyway, go on.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's open season and me too. If I'm gonna hawk what I'm hawking, I'm gonna take take the beating.
Speaker 2: And that's just what happens. So now I got to get to the biggest couple of moments.
Speaker 1: Now we got to get to what was the cocaine line that Danielle said about a seventeen year old? Did I miss something? What the hell was the cocaine line? She said something about coke core and I wish, oh was she talked about a seventeen year old girl.
Speaker 2: Something happened.
Speaker 1: She was at the table and she's talking about Ashley, and Ashley's been sending Danielle text I don't understand, and I would school my daughter like it goes two ways. Yes, we don't bring the children in, but she's almost an adult. And if she's texting Danielle like her mother Jacqueline, she'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, give me that phone exactly.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 3: But as there was no It's true. There was also a moment I couldn't tell because we couldn't actually there wasn't like, uh, you know, a what's it called an establishing shot of that show. You didn't know where the tables were. But there was a moment where Jacqueline's daughter Ashley was kind of looking over and she went like that no taunting, taunting, you know what I mean? So there you go?
Speaker 1: So there, Well, I mean, Danielle, here's the thing too. On reality TV, people played to the audience and want to do things that we will approve of. So Danielle, in fairness to being trying being who she really is, she didn't think about us. She was like, fuck it, this little girl who's seventeen is fucking with me, and I'm gonna say it, Like most people know better for the camera to not say that, but like, listen, there are friends of my daughters who I don't like it. She's only thirteen. Like I'm not saying it to them, but like the side, you know what I mean. Wait, I need a take from you on Danielle and Ashley. I think you're splitting the difference between child and taunting.
Speaker 3: Well, if she said that about crack core, because I don't remember that, that is like really not Okay.
Speaker 2: Danielle called Ashley a coke horn.
Speaker 3: She did, right, Okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Where the line is hard.
Speaker 3: You can't cross it. You cannot cross it.
Speaker 2: You can't know, you can't say coke, and you can't say who.
Speaker 3: No, let's say core. I can't believe.
Speaker 2: How was that not a physical fight?
Speaker 1: Like, how would Teresa sitting on a club chair in a in a country club saying nothing and no exchange and they get into a brawl and the co core thing wasn't a thing.
Speaker 3: Well wait a minute, because of the next episod.
Speaker 2: So she didn't hear it.
Speaker 3: She didn't hear it, but we heard yeah. But also in the next episode you have Ashley pulling hairs out of actual nicole of Danielle's head.
Speaker 1: Remember, okay, never get involved, but literally producers never should get involved. One time, a producer told me that Tinsley had gone to try and weddings when she wasn't engaged. It's very rare that they'll tell you something that you should be you should be finding it out yourself through the group, like they don't plant see it, they don't just come. But that time they needed someone to know and it paid off. This is a situation where a producer should either literally tell a person at another table it was just said, or send someone a messenger carrier pigeon over to be like, wait a.
Speaker 3: Minute, now, can we go back to Tinsley trying on wedding dresses? If you're Tinsley Mortimer going to like, what is it?
Speaker 2: I'm so where I'm sol That's where she went.
Speaker 3: I'm okay, right, you go to I'msol, right, or you go to Verro, you go somewhere to try on wedding gowns and you're Tinsley Mortimer, like, it's not gonna get out that you're trying. Of course doesn't she think it's going to get out? Of course she knows it's going to get out. Someone's going to say something to somebody that the fabulous Mortimer was trying on gowns.
Speaker 1: Well take it back one more. I guarantee the producers wanted her to. It was I was the one who originally cleared Am Saul when I got married, you know, when I got married. Yes, So the producers are probably like, we've already cleared that place and we know they're free to film.
Speaker 2: Let's get Tinsley to go in.
Speaker 3: And I mean, well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're saying the same thing.
Speaker 1: But I took the bait, went for the fish and killed, you know, cook the fish.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I'm saying, in the very rare occasion, do you want the other table to know something? And that would be a co court seventeen years old.
Speaker 3: Ok it's not okay, bad, that's just bad. But you know what, like in our lives, we say some bad things, you know, we don't expect people to hear. And maybe in her defense, Danielle was not up to speed yet, or maybe she just wanted everyone to know that she was just so.
Speaker 2: You said it an hour ago.
Speaker 1: She she comes in full cock and she's like, yes, keep bringing.
Speaker 2: It like she's not. And yeah, she comes into She.
Speaker 3: Is just gonna burn that thing down.
Speaker 2: She's Kalisi at the end of a game of Throne.
Speaker 3: She's gonna burn it exactly.
Speaker 2: A co Quardo seventeen.
Speaker 1: Year old is burning the kingdom down. So now we're in the hallway, we're almost done. Now in the hallway, Teresa's sitting there, like you said, like a little chesh ar cat.
Speaker 2: She's like, you know, the best is you know me, I'm sweet?
Speaker 3: Ah. I know. Of course I was like, yeah, she's so sweet, and what a sweet dear.
Speaker 2: She goes I'm sweet in twenty second.
Speaker 3: Twenty four minutes, exact twenty for seconds.
Speaker 2: I mean, she goes right like you like there's no palate cleanser. She's like, you know me, I'm sweet, so sweet.
Speaker 3: That was really funny because you know me, I didn't have a mean bonum. I'm so sweet. I don't mean anything. I don't mean to make anybody feel really so great say she.
Speaker 1: Said something like exactly like I'm a nice girl or I'm really sweet or I wrote it down, she wrote she said something. But the juxtaposition from her saying that exact thing, and and then and Daniel's like, yiada, I don't see that. And then she goes nuts.
Speaker 3: She goes nuts and she starts running, physically running. You know, it's really good. The one thing about Theresa that I will say, you know, I don't think that she is kind of like pregurgitating or pre producing shit. I think I just think that she has like a trigger finger, like she's just like she goes from like zero to a thousand, Like you saw that thing in that restaurant, which she was like yeah, but prophet, she was really going through something like that was a physical thing, right, it's physically like you know, crazy, she's physically she will go to a thousand, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Kendall has given me some insight. So Danielle actually a cocre whilst walking down the runway. I feel like that doubles it down.
Speaker 3: That makes it even worse. No, no, no, no, she didn't say she was. She said she looked like a co Core. She said she was dressed like a co cor or something.
Speaker 1: Or well that's another by the way, Jersey could be many many lines for you. Co Core could be a different line. Yes, heroin, she could be a different line. So, last, but not least, the trigger was Danielle doesn't like how Teresa calls her honey, which is oh, bless her heart, pass.
Speaker 3: Out, Oh absolutely absolutely, you know what and like and the thing is right now, it's very very funny what you can and can't say, like the word you sort of probably shouldn't say that word so much should come on. There was that whole thing in Beverly Hills where it was like oh no, no, no, you can never use the C word, blah blah. There are people who just don't like it. But no, but the thing is, it's like, you know, for some reason Potts is not as bad like what's no? But you know what I mean, like, oh my god, the bit you should say that word. You're not allowed to say that word, right? What else?
Speaker 1: But I think it's very British to say that word. And it's because it's very it's become a little more common in vernacular. I say the sea words not all the time, but but I add a why sometimes and it makes it okay.
Speaker 2: It's love you, But you.
Speaker 3: Can't go like bitch if you say, especially if you're a man going to a woman, bitch love like you can say it to another.
Speaker 2: Gay man, but you can you can't say you're.
Speaker 3: A bitch, right, But yet bitch is so funny. It's like, you know, if you say bitch and everybody laughs immediately because it's like it's a funny thing.
Speaker 2: You know what, video saying that bitch has good bush. Yeah, you can't say that if you say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, you can't. Yeah you can't. Yeah exactly, you can't. It's just not But it's a funny thing.
Speaker 1: It's by the way, No, it's back to the thing. It's if it lands, if it be funny.
Speaker 3: Ben, it's funny if it breaks, it's I love that.
Speaker 2: You know that crimes and misdemeanors.
Speaker 1: You've got to be able to land. You got to be able to land it. So's you can't you can't land. See don't play. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I'm not going to ask you to come on my podcast, but just listen to the damn thing because it's great. It's called Hello Eyes, and I'm not kidding. It just started and we're like number six overall. How about that in comedy? I swear to God, I swear to how that happened?
Speaker 2: Where are you on? iHeart?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anywhere you find. I love everything. I love everything.
Speaker 2: I love everything about podcasts, and you love everything about you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I love you. Bye.
Speaker 1: That was amazing and ridiculous. I knew Isaac would be amazing. Shout out to my producers for knowing to have Isaac Musrahie comment on a Jersey Housewives, country club, posh store, fashion show, genius.
Speaker 2: I just love it all. It's so incredibly stupid that I live for it.