Speaker 1: First day of follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Lauren is on the phone today for our first day follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Tommy. So in a few minutes we'll call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her a second date. But first, Lauren, how long has it been since you heard from Tommy?
Speaker 1: It's been about a week now, Okay.
Speaker 3: Pretty standard for the like freak out moment. Yeah, have you been reaching out to him.
Speaker 4: In that time? Yeah? Yeah, I texted him, but you know, because I wanted him to text me first. I didn't hear anything from him, so then I figured I would send him a text. But I haven't heard anything back.
Speaker 3: Such a stressful game. Well, why don't you tell us about the date?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I really liked him because he just had that effortless music guy kind of vibe, you know, like a worn and denim jacket, that messy hair that it looked like it just was effortless, but it probably took him actually like power. He also, yeah, he also knew every lyric without it being annoying, and he just felt really passionate, grounded and electrics to me, and the date was fun. He invited me to see one of his favorite bands at his local dive bar, and it was fun. They had really good nachos there, and yeah, the date was going really great. He got me a drink, He introduced me a couple of his friends, and he kept saying things like just wait for the bridge, this part changes lives, and then something awkward happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's an awkward thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is.
Speaker 4: What I think made him ghost me potentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, during one of the slower songs, I thought it would be cute to vibe along, so I lit the little tea light candle on our table and I waved it gently, like you know, a concert lighter. Yeah, but the wax on the candle melted and it flattered all over his jeans. Oh yeah, yeah. He jumps up yelling all my legs on fire, and I was like, oh my gosh. I tried to help by patting it down with a napkin, but that just neared the wax everywhere. And it also probably looked pretty awkward with me doing that on his leg in public, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that was a really awkward moment for me. I wish it didn't happen, but he actually laughed it off and even joked, oh, you really brought the heat tonight what you said.
Speaker 1: After that, I was like, Okay, I thought.
Speaker 4: I really messed up. But you know, he made light of the situation and didn't you know, take it too seriously, didn't make a really big deal out of it. So we stayed for the encore, We danced a little bit, we even shared some fries on the way out, and then, like I said, nothing, I didn't hear anything from him, no text, no follow up, no response to my text that I sent to reach out to him.
Speaker 1: So I don't know exactly what's going on.
Speaker 4: But I'm thinking maybe did I ruin his jeans and is he mad at that? Okay night because of that, and maybe his trust in candles because of the wax smelting on him. I'm just not sure what's going on now with him.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we'll play a song, come back and then call him and see if he'll tell us and maybe get you a second date if you still want one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, yeah, thank you, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll get your first day follow up next right middle of your first day follow up and if you're just joining us, Lauren is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Tommy, and we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her a second date if she still wants one. But before we do that, Lauren, why don't you break down your date again for us real quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Tommy was like this cool music guy. I was really into him. We had a great and fun date at this bar. We saw one of his favorite local bands there and it was fun. But at one point things got awkward because I lit up the little tea light candle on our table and I waved it like a concert lighter, and then the whack melts it onto his jeans. I tried to, like awkwardly and quickly, you know, wipe it off, but that didn't really help. That seared everywhere.
Speaker 5: And he ended up actually laughing it off. But I still felt awkward about it, especially now that he apparently has ghosted me. So I'm not sure exactly what's going on and if he's upset with me for that or whatever the reason is Okay.
Speaker 3: The wax comes out. But anyway, yeah, we'll see if that's it. Are you ready for us to go on?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: I am okay, here we go. Hi mespeaking to Tommy please, Hey Tommy, how are you? This is the Jubil Show. It's a radio show.
Speaker 3: Hi Tommy, I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria and my name is Jebel. How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm a little confused, to be honest. What's this?
Speaker 3: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Sorry, okay, hey, that's fine. We do a segment on the show and it's called the first Aid follow up. What that is is if you go on a date with somebody and you end up ghosting them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting. And we got an email about you from somebody you went on a date with that you're not calling back any idea who that would be?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Is this Lauren?
Speaker 3: Yes? It is so. Lauren emailed us.
Speaker 2: She said that she thought you were awesome, but you haven't gone back to it all after your date, and she's wondering if if you wouldn't mind telling us why you're ghosting her.
Speaker 6: Uh, yeah, okay, well, that's going to be a little awkward. But she I ghosted her. She was fine, she was she was she was lovely actually, but I ghosted her because she uh she bowed the opening act.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She told us, you guys went to a bar to watch like some a couple of bands that you like or whatever. She thought that you might be ghosting her because she spilled wax on your pants with the candle.
Speaker 6: Oh god, no it was wax. I didn't care. That was that was fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like how was she just like boo or like boo, get off the seat, you suck?
Speaker 6: I mean, uh no she uh? I mean the opener started, and that's my buddy up there.
Speaker 3: She was bowing your buddy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, she she brewed my buddy. She she she stood there mid song and said, boo, this is not the vibe. And dude, I just wanted to die. I was still embarrassed.
Speaker 3: I spent a long time I've seen somebody actually boo somebody like that. What did you say to her? Did you say anything like that's my friend?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I told her, you know, I wash he was a vibe. You know, he's good, And she just kind of old her eyes at me. So, uh that was it?
Speaker 3: Oh man, Okay, so you made that decision early in the night that you were just out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, finish the day. I didn't walk out on her. I just finished the day and chalk that up. Took bad evening.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, thank you for being honest with Tommy. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Now I need to let you know that Lauren is actually listening and has been one to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Really, my friend is a vibe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hi Laurence.
Speaker 1: Hi Tommy. So I think that's that's pretty ridiculous to me.
Speaker 4: He goes to me because I booned the opener.
Speaker 6: You you told my friends he sucked. I don't see why I should want to be around you again.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Oh, I was just joking, and he even laughed about it.
Speaker 6: You said, try singing from your diaphragm. W ego. I don't think you're a lot there for us, hun.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know what, And that guy was wearing fingerless gloves and quoting John Mayer. I'm pretty sure he'll live just because I bowed him. You know, I don't think that's such a big deal. And honestly, Tommy, he wasn't good. I mean, it's just constructive criticism.
Speaker 6: You don't yelp review bands in real time. That's insane.
Speaker 4: Well, I felt like you brought me to see.
Speaker 1: A middle school talent show or something. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They shouldn't be up there if they can't handle any back, especially if it was constructive feedback like how I was providing.
Speaker 6: Booing is not constructive criticism, Lauren, And that's something that the teacher in kindergarten. I think we're done here. I don't want to talk to you anymore, Lauren. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, well I'm sorry. I mean, I don't know what to tell you. Tommy, but he just wasn't good. What did you want me to do?
Speaker 1: Just live?
Speaker 6: No smile and nod like I had to do for the rest of the day.
Speaker 4: Oh see, even you thought he was sad, you were smiling and nodding while he was performing.
Speaker 3: Tommy was like another day with larn We'll pay for it.
Speaker 6: Not a chance in hell, my, man.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, just have fun with.
Speaker 4: Your music that no one wants to listen to anyway besides you, I guess. And your friend's never going to get better with an enabler.
Speaker 1: Like you for a friend.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 1: And if you ever change your mind, just call me, Okay, all right. Juble's first day follow up