Speaker 1: What do you call two guys that were there when this happened? Back to return at Spurlock, Michael Spurlock of the Chimok.
Speaker 2: He's still the twenty. He's to the twenty five Parlo thirty to the forty yard line.
Speaker 1: We could see history.
Speaker 3: Fifty forty to the thirty yard light. Now Michael run, Michael Luck, Michael.
Speaker 1: Run, touchdown, Tampa Bay. There you go, and.
Speaker 2: That shotgun sends wee receivers left. Here's the staff of the glitzer has picked up Brady Unity caught ball ups.
Speaker 3: He has the record at the eleven yard line.
Speaker 2: Mike Evins becomes the first NFL player in lead history to record a thousand yards of more of this first seventh seasons.
Speaker 1: That want to throw by Brady?
Speaker 3: Congratulations Mike Evens, who can forget.
Speaker 2: Gann looking gat holds up the hats other side, Terrek Bucks thirty.
Speaker 1: Touchdown, Tampa Bay. Derek Books the most paluable player in the National Football League. There it is Dot Daggers in we are gonna win the Super Bowl. Here's the snap.
Speaker 3: Mahomes running to his right. Lookout he may run Mahome director.
Speaker 2: Now battle INTERCEVN picked over the ins on Fox.
Speaker 1: I gotta beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Where the chapters of the world and we still have I'm inn a thirty three ago Davin White, what a.
Speaker 1: Great second season. If that's it for Casey Focks are the Super Bowl champs. They can't stop the plot. We call them the Salty Dogs. Welcome everybody to the Salty Dogs Podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm Scott Smith, I'm Jeff Ryan or the Salty Dogs mm hm, and we're getting saltier week by week.
Speaker 1: I will say that was a pretty good effort. It was a great game.
Speaker 3: It was actually, if you're a football fan, you certainly had it all.
Speaker 1: It was a nice way to finish the week because the Sunday night game was kind of a stinker. Yeah, so if you're a football fan, you got treated to a pretty good game, especially at the end with Patrick Mahomes leading this team down there for gets hurt on the touchdown pass that ties the game.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Obviously every fan in that stadium was praying to whatever the finals were. Yeah. Uh and he limps off and then he they I think they forced the three an hour or something. He came right back on for the next start. I didn't miss a play and it was like it was like a conquering hero had returned to his home.
Speaker 3: Well, he actually went into the Blue tent too. He did go and it looked like they taped up his ankle. From from what TJ was telling us from the side, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, it was no surprise. And then he immediately leads a classic Mahomes Chiefs touched on dry to give him the lead, but then Baker came right back with a really nice drive to tie that game. So, you know, just to let you know, if you're new to the podcast, we talk about Buccaneers football mostly. Jeff and I tend to digress from time to time the bands on related topics absolute.
Speaker 3: And we want to keep you on your toes.
Speaker 1: We you can at the end of the show, as you could probably see, we don't have a player guest this week because because it's a short week after the Bible get back to getting player guests. And we also at the end of the show read fan emails and that can be questions, it can be trivia, it can be you want to vent we had one of those last week. You want to tell us we made a mistake, or you have a suggestion for something for us to talk about anything you want. Tell us how you became a Bucks fan if you want, and we'll read those at the end of the show, and if there's questions, we'll answer them. So you can send those two salty dogs at Buccaneers dot NFL dot com. Good job. What do I always say, Jeff, don't forget the dot NFL? Oh yeah, because it's a little different than what you're used to. But we won't get it if it's not in there. No. So, Buccaneers losing overtime to the Chiefs in Arrowhead thirty to twenty four a rainy night. There seemed to be stretches where I think we were getting bad luck, where it rained more when we had the ball.
Speaker 3: It just seemed that way, didn't it.
Speaker 1: But you know that's mother nature. That's noting you can do about that.
Speaker 3: Well, unless they're controlling the weather.
Speaker 1: That was a defense. The Chiefs defense was one of the best in the league. They're scoring twenty four points on them and moving the ball relatively well, especially down some key guys. Was encouraging.
Speaker 3: Right, Listen, when you lose your two top one wide receivers, you think, well, oh you're in major trouble. It does make a difference. However, I will say.
Speaker 1: Especially when we're talking about two guys like Mike Grids.
Speaker 3: Right, but I will say guys are stepping up.
Speaker 1: They didn't have our top three receivers because Jalen McMillan was out.
Speaker 3: Too right, and that was that was out of nowhere. It started out on Friday, and.
Speaker 1: I think he aggravated the one that kept him out of a game earlier in the year and hamstring, and yeah, he couldn't go. And as of today we're recording this on Wednesday. Coach has already talked once and he said that Jalen has not gotten better since Friday, so that's not a great sign. He didn't practice today. Neither did Baker Mayfield, by the way, which is going to be something you're going to see on every shows US. He said he's going to be fine. It's listed as a toe injury, but he did not practice today. It was a walkthrough anyway, so he could just stand there and take mental reps presumably, which is but I think this time of year, I think my biggest takeaway is that the Buccaneers have now played two overtime games and Baker Mayfield has yet to touch the football and overtime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that the overtime rule. And I understand because they want to speed the game up and they don't want you know, they cut down.
Speaker 1: At the quarter.
Speaker 3: It's only ten minutes, it's not a full fifteen minutes. But my only gripe I guess is if you change a rule for the playoffs, if it's that good to change for the playoffs, and why don't you just do that during the regular season. And what I'm talking about is both teams get a possession.
Speaker 1: Whether even after a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yes, And so that's the part I always struggle with, is if you're altering it for the playoffs because you feel like that's the fair thing to do, then when just not do it in the.
Speaker 1: Regularly, Well, you said it, Jeff. The reason they're resistant, the people in the league are resistant to changing the rule for the regular season is because they are very sensitive about the average length of the game, which is about three hours and four minutes now, and they don't want to mess that up. They're reluctant to adopt that rule for the regular season. They decided to do so in the postseason just because it just seems so ridiculous that you might have a Patrick Mahomes Josh Allen. Right, Uh, you know, dueling to get to the super Bowl and then only one of them gets to play, and nobody wants to see that, right, Yeah, well, well that is that is basically saying that these playoff games are just so important that we can't risk one driving out. But you know what, this game was pretty important to us. Yeah, and so was the Atlanta game. I'm agreeing with you as one I'm doing.
Speaker 3: And it also is very important to Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they they won the coin toss. The way we were moving the football, you could reasonably say, and you can't say for sure, but you can reasonably say whoever won the football was gonna win the coin toss was gonna win that game.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny. Baker today said he kind of regretted calling heads, yeah, no tails, because he called heads in Atlanta and lost, and so he thought, okay, I should probably go tails this time, right, and lost again, And then he said later I was thinking about it, like maybe percente wise better play was to go aheads again, which isn't true. There's there's no but there's no correlation.
Speaker 3: But I did like how what he said that the ground was wet and the coin didn't bounce, yeah, which was very It.
Speaker 1: Was very funny. He wasn't actually making that a complaint like it got stuck sideways. He just made a good joke that the ground was kind of muddy, so the coin just stuck, whereas it could have maybe flip bounce one more time, right flip right fu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and you know again you say, well make the stop and you don't have that poblem and coach you say that. But I actually believe whoever did win the coin toss was going to win that game simply because both defenses, more so the Buccaneer defense. I think they had thirty more plays defensively than the Buccaneers basically thinks.
Speaker 1: So overtime they ended up with like forty minutes of possession.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so you know, but both defenses were a little tired because when the Buccaneers were marching down and scored their tying touchdown, there was conversation that the defense, Kansas City's defense was starting to wear down.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think the most happiest whereas the Kansas City Chiefs defense when they won the toss. Okay, let them handle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they ran eighty three offensive plays when we ran fifty two.
Speaker 3: Crazy, right, And.
Speaker 1: Of course it would. We can't talk about the game and not bring up the decision making at the end. And I've I know how I felt.
Speaker 3: About it at the moment, I know how I feel about it now.
Speaker 1: Well, But I mean I've heard I've heard people arguing both sides, and I can get it. I don't think this is something egregious. Where it was, you could make an argument for going either going for two to win the game or not, or going for overtime, and we might be thinking differently if we had won that toss, yes, because I think I was talking to somebody that said, the numbers show that going for two in that situation does not on average increase your chance of winning.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: And had we gone for two and succeeded, had we gone for two and loss not succeeded, we lose. Had we gone for two and succeeded, Kansas City would have had twenty seven seconds left only any a field goal. They would have had to be aggressive. Instead, they went three and out and punted on And.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, And that's the difference. Is everyone's assuming because you made that stop that if you would have gone for the two points, you would have won the game.
Speaker 1: And we've all seen we saw mahomes need thirteen seconds. Yeah, in a playoff game, but against the Bills.
Speaker 3: Right, and so that's a different You know, they were down what you'd have to take me through that last series, But if I'm not mistaken, they were within the three yard line and it took them a couple of plays, they being the Buccaneers that too.
Speaker 1: But the first one was an incompletion. So okay, deal, all.
Speaker 3: Right, But so here's my question. Do you have three plays that you think is going to work in that situation?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, I think you do, do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You don't think we have three plays? I think we need to give it to Yar.
Speaker 3: I read somewhere someone goes, oh, you should have done a quarterback sneak at that time.
Speaker 1: I'm like a two point of area.
Speaker 3: No, And I'm like, okay, it's great, it's something to talk about. And that's again we're going back to what sports is all about. You can argue about it all the way. I thought it was the right call. I did not because, as you stated, you don't make the two points game is over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if I mean, you got a chance to win it right there. But otherwise your fifty to fifty given pa, I'm playing Devil's advocate here.
Speaker 3: Well, I am too.
Speaker 1: You're fifty to fifty givings. Patrick mahomes the ball first in overtime, and we've seen what happens.
Speaker 3: But you would have given him in twenty seven seconds.
Speaker 1: I know that's the part of it that that gives me pause because you're saying you agreed with the decision at the time. I still right and still still do And I say, I'm telling you that I had already gone down to the press commers room. So I was watching the game on a TV at the end and we're driving and I turned to some TV guys from Tampa were standing there, and I said, well, the good thing, because it's Monday night, you money down on the road. You really don't want overtime right now. I said, well, the good thing is we won't go to overtime because if we score here, we'll go for two. Because I just thought it was a no brainer, really, and so when we didn't, I wasn't thrilled with that. And I always think in these situations like, what does the opposing teams If I was hanging out with opposing a fan of the opposing team, would he be happy with what we decided?
Speaker 3: No, they'd say gop for two because I think, no way, no way.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't want to risk losing that game on one play on a basically a coin flip. No way, they would. They love the fact that we kicked there.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's always like you said, you're looking at the end results.
Speaker 1: So no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not I said, hit the time. Even before we scored, I thought for sure we're gonna go for two. Now I do. I was not considering how much time would be left on the clock. I get that. I completely agree. You could also say, and Todd explained it a little bit today when the play to who was It Trey Palmer got it down to the one yard line. That play was snapped with forty four seconds. We called a time out with thirty three seconds left. I also at the time said I kind of wish we didn't call a time out there, let the clock run down. I mean, you don't want to risk you don't want to let it run all the way done, And only have one play. You gotta have a you gotta have two or three shots in it. But if you let it run down to like fifteen seconds, maybe that's enough time for three passes into the end zone, right, And then by the time they get the ball back, maybe they've only got ten seconds, and it's gonna be a lot harder for my homes. But Todd explained that there was some kind of disarray at the time and they had to call a time on.
Speaker 3: Because they had to get the offense right right, and they had you had to score the touchdown.
Speaker 1: You couldn't risk And I completely agree with this being discombobulated, go up the line, get some kind of procedural penalty, and now you're back at the six yard right, and it's a lot harder. So I understand why it happened. If everything was smoother and you get that play and there's no disarray and you can say and you can have a second to think about it, or maybe you prepare this strategy ahead of time, I probably would have tried to let the clock. I know, I understand why we couldn't do it, but I probably would have liked if anyone to run the clock down to like fifteen or twenty seconds, and and potentially Kansas City calls the time out there if we don't correct, correct if they see what we're doing and.
Speaker 3: Let it rite down right right, And so yeah, you have all these I mean hopefully you know you go back and look at that game, and you know you had an opportunity to kick a field goal, but you get a holding penalty and it takes you out of the field goal range. So there are a couple of plays in that game where there were opportunities to put points on the board and it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: The holding penalty that was on w fredis, yes, it wasn't on Tristan.
Speaker 3: No, he got the face mask, yeah, where he grabbed the shoulder. Yeah, well that's where face thinks on.
Speaker 1: I think the logical next step here is that somebody frames Tristan works for murder. Yeah, I mean, because he keeps getting accused of doing terrible things and then you watch and you go did he though? But I always say, I go, that's Tristan.
Speaker 3: You can't throw.
Speaker 1: If he did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right right, Well, I will say this, I find it totally remarkable that the Kansas City Chiefs went through that whole game without a holding penalty or remark. You talk about you talk about start, do you talk about discipline, you talk about well coached, you talk about there are no no, there are no two steps before the ball is snapped.
Speaker 1: Ever, No, it's a great job. They do a great job. Yes, yes, yeah they did. That's why they're undefeated.
Speaker 3: Job. No, I think it's number seventy four his happy feet Taylor, Yeah, so it is. It is a uh, I don't know it.
Speaker 1: It's you know, careful, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: What it's going to say is Kansas City they do what they need to do to win the game.
Speaker 1: That's true. And so that's that. That's true. That's a good you know what.
Speaker 3: They're not blowing anybody out, truly, but doesn't matter. They figure it out, they stay in there. I think the Chiefs fans were a little surprised it was that close of a game, I really do. I I got the impression in the pregame that a lot of this stuff I was hearing on Kansas City radio. You know, I get there like five hours early, so once we're up and running, I like to listen to, you know, what the opposing team broadcasters are saying. And their big thing was it's you know, this is not the Tom Brady Buccaneers, this is not gron this team's not as good, you know. And I was like, okay, I get all of that, but that's like a few years removed. You didn't you're not taking an account of last year what what the team ended up doing. So I think they were thinking that it wasn't going to be as close as it was.
Speaker 1: Well, we were eight and a half point underdogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we be if even with considering that fan duel is really big on the side there at Kansas City that the tunnel. Did you notice that?
Speaker 1: So? Yeah, it really bugs you that that those organizations are advertising all over the NFL, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Well no, well no, I kind of like it. What bugs me is I'm not allowed to so and I won't because I worked for the NFL.
Speaker 1: I'm fortunate that that has never been attempted me. I've never oncet on a score. I mean, I've played fantasy football and I've been Super Bowl squares, but I've never with like a bandle or some kind of bet. I've never once placed a bet on a on a sporting event. And it's just not anything that interests me. I think I would be very very bad at it. Well, that's part of it, and so I'd end up losing money.
Speaker 3: You'd overthink it because.
Speaker 1: I'm not even winning fantasy football anymore. It's been years since I've won a fantasy league. Although I have a fantasy team that it leads the entire league in scoring, and I'm four and five. I'll lose like one to fifty five to one fifty and have the second most points. Yeah, I still lose that all that kind of year for me. I have the same record as the Buccaneers, who also have scored a lot. No, it is.
Speaker 3: It is interesting though that you know, you watch the point spreads. You see the point spreads, and usually I'm always amazed how uh pretty accurate they are. You know, they're good at it, They're very good.
Speaker 1: That's how that's how those organizations win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but i'd know, you know, you try to figure it out. But yeah, this this particular one, if you took the spread and you were in good shape.
Speaker 1: Or not not in good shape. Right, we're five and a half point underdogs right now to San Francisco at home, really and they're four and four, So that tells you all you need to know about what teams think about the what people think about the virtual strength of these two teams relative strength today.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: So we were driving it. So it's a Monday night game, so we travel on Sunday. It was it was gross day that day too. It was across the whole two times. With all two days. It wasn't too bad on Saturday. But suddenly I mean, uh, we're driving in from the airport on the highway. It's a long way from Kansas. It's did it seem to you like to trip back to the airport lasted twice as long as the trip in.
Speaker 3: I actually thought we were driving back to Tampa. It was taking that long.
Speaker 1: Now. I I worked for the Chiefs for a while, so I know off the top of my head that the this is one of the places where the airport's way out from the main from the downtown like half hour. But he's on the drive in. It didn't seem that bad on the drive out of focor on the bus for an hour. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well it didn't help too when they had to stop and open the gate.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, We're sitting there at the gate for ten minutes yeah, but on our way in We're driving down the highway about to go under an overpass, and there's one dude. I don't know if you saw him. There was one dude standing up there. A guy, an older guy, not older, a middle aged guy, on the edge of the overpass, holding up a Bucks flag, a bucket of a creamsickle Bucks flag. Just one guy, all by himself. There wasn't anything around. I didn't see a car, but it was probably just over the hill. Yeah, just one guy who knew when we were gonna be on the highway.
Speaker 3: How would he know?
Speaker 1: That's what I was wondering though. I was trying to figure that out.
Speaker 3: Had to be someone. He had to be friends with, someone in the travel party, I guess, had to be.
Speaker 1: Unless he stood out there for hours and hours and hours.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: If the guy happens to listen to this show, I saw you. I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but I saw you. It was really cool. He was grinning from ear to ear. Yeah, he was holding his flag over the overpass. Yeah wow, and old a bucco, a throwback flag. So it was very you caught your eye.
Speaker 3: Maybe he works at the airport and had insight him for.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but it was like halfway. It wasn't like it was right out there at the airport or had had to be.
Speaker 3: He had to know, so he had could he.
Speaker 1: Been standing out there for three or four hours, because how would you know when the team's coming in.
Speaker 3: I don't know sometimes.
Speaker 1: We're going So anyway, that was cool. And if by any chance you're listening to this podcast, thank you for that. And and uh and if you are right in and tell us how you haven't been to be there at the right time. Salty Dogs at Buccaneers dot NFL dot com.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to see what hold on?
Speaker 1: Just say, what are we doing? Schedules it says that it's a.
Speaker 3: Twenty five minute You said half hour. Yeah, I have a travel guide up over there and he usually marks it and it said twenty five minutes, So you were right.
Speaker 1: We took a different route on the way back to avoid traffic, but it seems to.
Speaker 3: For there's a lot of traffic. That is kind of an unusual way. The highways dump in there to the two stadiums.
Speaker 1: That was that was pretty It was neat driving by their their big facility. They're like our facility. Uh huh, because when I was there, all the offices were inside the stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will, I will say this.
Speaker 1: I got there.
Speaker 3: Around quarter to three Central time, and the tailgators were like everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're serious about it.
Speaker 3: In the rain. Oh wow, I'm and I'm thinking, wow, you really, I mean, I get it if you're standing in the snow, snow is not bad, but in the rain of rain, you know. And I'm thinking, geez, you know you're four at that because it was a seven to fifteen game there. You know, you're four and a half hours out. There's a lot of tailgate.
Speaker 1: We're probably pretty ready to get to holler and screen by the That was the other thing about traveling or or just playing on Monday, Monday night or Sunday night or Saturday or Thursday, is that we get a chance to watch more football than usual. Now, he didn't get to watch the one pm games, no, because of travel, but we got to see some after and my everybody already knows this, but oh my god, did you see the revert? Revertalvert it all. That's that's one of the most amazing plays I've ever seen on a football field.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure the guy that he jumped over is really taking meeting room. Like, you can't even daggle a guy and he's.
Speaker 1: Got his back back to you. Yeah, you didn't even touch.
Speaker 3: Touch him, he just jumped whip.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No.
Speaker 3: We found a sports bar not too far from the hotel, and uh they had every every game on.
Speaker 1: I think I went there later when we met up with Pat Brazil.
Speaker 3: I don't know his name of yours something Creek or no, no, which was your Johnny's?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was old school, you know, a lot of TVs all games and it was great because where I sat, I could see every every single one and we don't get to do that too often.
Speaker 1: Right you know?
Speaker 3: So that was fun?
Speaker 1: Well it was was it on Sunday night when Garrett Wilson made that ridiculous catch? Yes, God, that's an amazing catch. Right? So yeah, I also went out and got pick up, got carry out from a barbecue place. Uh huh, because it's Kansas City. Yeah, I'm not gonna say which one it was, because I wasn't particularly impressed.
Speaker 3: They were underwhelmed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got the burnt ends and sausage with hot barbecue sauce. A cheesy corn bake thing which was pretty good, and French fries. The French fries were pretty good, but I was just not the sauce has to be really good for me to like barbecue, and I just was very underwhelmed by the sauce.
Speaker 3: I I went with some wings at a barbecue place, No, at this place, and our server made the comment that we have have the best wings and I'm never you know, everybody says that, and they said, no, no, no, seriously, these are they're the way they're done. The sauce, yeah, I mean just really, it's all right, I'll go for it, and I have to say they're really good. Well it was like a barbecue, but with some spice to it, a lot of tang, you know what I'm saying, a little hotness to it. Yeah, it was very very good. I I was quite pleased with my choice. But what I found fun was how many Buccaneer fans were there at the bar. Yes, yes, yes, it was crazy, but a lot of people came in for this game because not too often, well it's been eight years since we played in Kansas City, so the Buccaholics traveled quite a bit, so a lot of people there we had.
Speaker 1: I have a pet peeve of mine reared it's ugly head in that game. Early in that game, I think it was on the chief score to field goal to start the scoring.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I can't stand when refs have bad touchdown signals. Oh yeah, there's Jeff, can see what I'm doing here and not the speed of it touchdown signals. Your arms should be straight up in parallel yep, because it's emulating the goalposts. And sorry, so you're necking your shoulders is the crossbar and then your arms are the uprights? Correct? Do you get these guys who do their arms out like this like they're lazy and they don't want to put them all the way up. They're like big like a bowl or you wait, come on.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, they like they're doing the YMCA song.
Speaker 1: Just do the touchdown signal? Right, Well, do what I do.
Speaker 3: I don't even look at them anymore because now in all stadiums wherever you're kicking the field goal, on the opposite jumble board video board on the other side is the shot of the field goal, so you can and you can see it go right in. Because I don't even look over there.
Speaker 1: Because when you're watching from the side, it can be a little difficult to tell.
Speaker 3: Right, So that is my I just look at that and watch and it gives you, you know, an end zone shot, so you can tell if it's a bad snap or or a bad of course something something's gone awry, yes.
Speaker 1: Or a bad touchdown signal by a referee. Come on, you have one job in that situation. I've always it's always bothered me, all right. If I had told you when the season started, and I'm not going to do your thing, if I'd have told you we'd be four and five at those parts, that's my Jeffrys. If I had told you that in week nine we'd have a viable offense going toe to toe against Patrick Mahomes, and our five wide receivers for that game would be Trey Palmer, Ryan Miller, r Kim Jarrett, Sterling Shepherd and Marquez Callaway. I would say you'd be up for a drug test and that we probably would not be fighting to be over five hundred, right. It's it's impressive still, not just that guys are stepping up. In this case, it was Sterling Shepherd. I think he stepped up quite a bit. Ryan Miller obviously caught the touchdown pass that was his only catch of the game, his first touchdown ever. Yeah, and coach coach shoke today, Yeah, they probably didn't expect us to throw it to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, he didn't get covered because no one knew who he was.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't Actually, that's a joke. That actually makes sense, because you're going to cover whoever's out there or try to. But yeah, he was the first option on that play. He was designed for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he did and he executed it, which is huge, so very exciting.
Speaker 1: So me reading those names is not meant to be little any of those guys. It's just you expected your offense to run through Mike Evans and Chris Godwin and in the in the running backs and Jalen McMillan. And if you're missing a lot of those guys, you don't expect to work anymore.
Speaker 3: Right, And and we can't, you know, we can't not say enough about Kate and the fact that that dude can take a hit. He caught that And did you see guys right in the middle of the back.
Speaker 1: Pop right up? I wonder and he's he's taken a bunch of those this year. Yeah, it makes me think back to maybe it was twenty nineteen something like that with Cam Braid and it was with Jamis throwing the ball. Jamis liked to throw the ball to him, but he got him hit a lot. And uh, I just remember that whole season just going oh Cam, oh Cam. And I think by the end of the year it did have some of.
Speaker 3: The accumulative fact I think Caid's ready for the buye.
Speaker 1: That's what Baker said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think a lot of people are ready for the buye.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, we're hoping that Mike Evans and Jamel Dean will be back after the bye. Yeah, so guarantee, but that's what hopefully that's the case.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you're you just got a text. No, I'm just making sure that no breaking news as we speak.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kate. So the thing about Kate Oton what was his what would you say, like coach anytime he's asked about him in his first two seasons and Caid was playing last year, playing like almost a hundred percent of snaps, which is almost in heart of for Grans And what would coach always say about him?
Speaker 3: He was very durable, well understands the game to me.
Speaker 1: It was like he always in the right place and does the right thing. Well, that's okay, So that's great. That's that's the picture of a dependable guy who you can count on. Maybe not like one of the league's most flashy or productive tight ends, right and you know, maybe never going to be the focal point of your your offense. Uh, but you're still gonna be a valuable player. He blocks well, he blocks he's supposed to block, He runs the routes he's supposed to route, He catches the ball when he's supposed to. That would be fine, That would be fine, especially if I think he was a fourthront pick. You know, if that's what you ended up with, that'd be fine. Well, we talk about young guys getting opportunities. Because Mike and Chris got hurt, Kate Otten has had the opportunity to basically step into the number one receiving role for this team for Baker Mayfield and a red hot Baker Mayfield, and it has opened up his game. And I don't think it's that he couldn't do these things, we just didn't use them in this way.
Speaker 3: He's getting the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't mean that in a vague way like he's because he was already getting snaps, right. He's running all kinds of routes now, all kinds of routes, all kinds of different routes that he hadn't been running very much in his first two seasons. And you're like kind of going, he's doing all these routes. Well, yeah, he can do all of these routes. And now you realize, man, we have a really significant weapon here. And so you know, Chris, Chris won't be back until maybe the playoffs, if we make the playoffs, maybe not even then, but Mike could be back soon, and you just it's almost like you unlocked another facet of your office again. It's still going to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to pay attention. You don't lose it, which is nice down this home stretch.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just I've been really impressed with Kaide and I'm with you. He has twenty five catches over the last three games. He's the first Buccaneer Titan ever to have at least eight catches in three straight games. Not Jimmy Giles, No, not Dave More, not Dave More, you know, but the thing I remember about Dave statistically was that he always had a high ratio of tight end touchdowns to his catches. Yeah. Also Dave Moore Levante, David just for passed him on the Bucks all time games played list. No, he's going to he just caught it. They both have played in one hundred and ninety games as Buccaneers. The only ones who played more Hall of Famers Derek Brooks at two twenty four and Ronnie barbera two forty one.
Speaker 3: Yep, Dave quietly played a lot of games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, he he knew how to make himself valuable with doing things like becoming a long snapper, being good around the end zone, like we're just talking about playing through punctured lungs or collapse long and he could block. So yeah, kids looked fantastic. He's reliable and he's a pretty good blocker too. He has to be for them. He's a true what do they call it f tight end. He's a true two way tight end. And that's the You know that's true because they would not leave him on the play on the field for ninety eight print in the snaps if he wasn't getting the job done blocking at least doing the right thing. Right. He may not be the NFL's best blocker. He might not be as good of a blocker as Gronk was at his right, but he's good enough.
Speaker 3: I think. Also I'm most pleased offensively is with the running game and how it's really come together and how the old line has come together.
Speaker 1: You know, the old line is the hidden strength of the offense right now, maybe not hidden but not talked about right playing great they are?
Speaker 3: They are. I mean, you get caught with a couple of penalties. It seems like when they do get a penalty is at the worst possible time. Now, you never won a penalty, but there are other times you get a penalty you can live with it. And every time you get moved out of the field goal range that really really hurts, especially when when you're trying to chase down points. But I've been really I really like how they've been using all the backs. I really really like it. I know, it's just when you think, okay, who's coming in next you and it's you got to pay really strict attention because they've been rotating them quite a bit, and sometimes they were running a two back set, So what are you looking at trying.
Speaker 1: To find the situation you're talking about when we were in field goal range.
Speaker 3: I want to say it was Baker mentioned it.
Speaker 1: It was in.
Speaker 3: I think it was in the third quarter. Instead of scoring a touchdown, we kicked the field goal, and I think that's what he was talking about, if I'm not mistaken, somewhere in that area.
Speaker 1: Well, the penalty that proceeded. We had gotten to first and ten at the Chiefs twenty eight and that's when Tristan got the face mask penalty, okay, and then we ended up having to kick a field goal.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's probably that's what it was. Was that, Yeah, you felt like you when that guy.
Speaker 1: Was wearing his face mask on his shoulder, remember that.
Speaker 3: I guess it was Halloween and it's a new place for it. I don't know what this say.
Speaker 1: We got it. We got a holding penalty to begin that last touchdown drive. So it's pretty impressive that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how about how about uh, you know, I have to say a lot of pressure was on Patrick Mahomes more than than people really are giving grid to a couple of times that he's Patrick Mahomes, I don't know, you know, he runs and then it looks like he's going to run and then throw and no matter. It's kind of like pick your poison because if you don't chase him.
Speaker 1: Yea. The touchdown was like that, yeah, yeah, which way?
Speaker 3: How do you defend that?
Speaker 1: I gotta say, as a fan of the game and not wanting to see great players get hurt. When he did that throw and rush, I was really worried about Achilles. So did I so to hear that it's an ankle instead, and obviously he was able to play through it is is good.
Speaker 3: Now, the question was did he go over the line?
Speaker 1: He didn't. He did, Okay, So you and you got to remember that that rule you got to be all the way over. One hundred percent of your body has to be past the line. If your heel is on the line and then the rest of you's over, it still counts.
Speaker 3: Okay, which is a weird rule. Yeah, because you would think it's I if I were.
Speaker 1: Writing the rules now, I would be like, if any part of you is over, you're over. Yeah, because that's surely the way lines work, like the gold line in football.
Speaker 3: If you touch it, you're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If if if you're over the line at all, then that's over line, but that's not the rule, right, and he knew it, he knew where he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did a great job on that.
Speaker 1: I was hopeful for a second or two. Whoever watching that play live th oh maybe he was over the line, but then they show real I.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, that's that was a hard go right there. But but I will say it was a fun game. It was an exciting game. Sucked that, you know, the Bucks couldn't pull it out.
Speaker 1: Well, you were talking about how much you like in the running game, which has been good, and we didn't have the ball enough to really put up huge numbers. But ninety five yards against one of the league's best run before that.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: On nineteen carries, so he averaged five yards to carry, helped out a little bit by a nice end around by Sterling Shepherd.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, even on the one he he had two of them and one was nineteen yards, which was awesome. The other one was two. But he came on third and one and he saw that he wasn't gonna get very far, so we made the cut when he did and got across the line. So he made those plays work. He's been good on end rounds for the most part this year. Anyway. The running game, I like that we are consistently seeing new wrinkles in the types of plays. There was a play with especially when we put both Bucky and Rare Shot on the field. I think, I know what I'm gonna get on those plays because I've seen what we've done. And then it's Liam's down something different, which is great, right you let them see something you've done before. It just looks like that and it's gonna be something different. This one, he did a fake pitch I'm pretty sure to Rashad going right and then ran like usually when you do a handoff the guy's right there. Baker ran several yards to hand it off to Bucky on the left, and then Bucky immediately cut back towards the middle and it worked. It was a weird looking play, but that's a good thing, you know. It's like, what the heck was that?
Speaker 3: I I really like the play calling too. I think it's it seems like the guys like the plays that are being called, if that makes sense, you know they're not. They're they're looking at it as Oh.
Speaker 1: I like this one.
Speaker 3: I like that one. But it also it looks like he's he's got a couple of plays in his head. He being Baker when they get to the line, Oh it's supposed to yeah, and he can check off, check down what he wants. And that seems to be playing really, really nice for them. So that's that's a plus. And you know what, Uh, you got to really respect Todd Bowles and the fact that every time he finds an offensive coordinator, next thing, you know, anyone wants to make them a head coach.
Speaker 1: Ye, So so uh, yeah, I think the play call has been great and he's had to adjust and has done so. And Liam Cohen is rightfully getting tons of tons of credit for keeping this offensive float after those devastating injuries, right, yeah, but you know you still have to have a quarter back executing it. Yes, So we don't want to lose sight of the fact that additionally and pushing the right buttons, Bakers, Baker's making it work. Man, Baker's doing. It's impressive.
Speaker 3: It's very much so.
Speaker 1: He still leads the league in touchdown passes twenty three. He's thrown at least two in six straight games, which is not only the longest active streak in the league, but the longest streak at all this year by any quarterback. Josh Allens, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, yep, Joe Burrow some really good None of those guys have done this yet. Yep. Not to say they won't, but they haven't yet. He's second in the league in yards passing, yard side is he's up there in the top five in most categories, and he's fun to be around. Yeah, and then he can do It's not quite to the same level as Mahomes, but he can do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We need we really need to scramble on third down on well.
Speaker 3: He almost made that one, that one first down where he scrambled like crazy and then got hit. He's like two yards short.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He had another one that he did successfully convert, but we got a penalty on the play, and then he got ten yards on the scrambling third down, but it was like they and fourteen, right.
Speaker 3: So that's props there. I mean, I mean, all in all, I think I think what what I enjoy most, it's a fun team to watch. Unfortunately, it's just not enough right now. I mean, this is a tough skid and they don't mean to be real salty. But this is a tough skid right now.
Speaker 1: This is this coming up on Sunday in San Francisco. Huge is a sneaky important game.
Speaker 3: You mentioned this at lunch, and I didn't think about it until you said it, So go ahead.
Speaker 1: But you're right. So the Bucks are four and five, Atlanta six and three, So that's two games you're down. Atlanta plays New Orleans this year, I mean this weekend in New Orleans. But still, who do you think is gonna win?
Speaker 3: That new head coach or an interim coach.
Speaker 1: They're they're trading away Marshall Land. New Orleans has probably rightfully given up on this season, and they just lost to Carolina.
Speaker 3: Right, so we'll make that a motivating chances.
Speaker 1: Well, you hope they get that new new coach, bounce that surge, yes, Antonio Pierce kind of deal. Uh huh. But let's just assume that Atlanta wins that game. If the Bucks lose, there will be three games back and then, but it's functionally four games because Atlanta has the sweep. So if you want to win the division, you can't end the season tied with him. You have to be one ahead of him and that's with seven games to play for the Buccaneers. Yeah, that's a hard road making up four games in seven game and Atlanta's schedule down the stretch isn't terribly you no, no, So that would be a lot to ask, and then you're at four and six and you're probably towards the bottom of the uh NFC wild card hunt.
Speaker 3: Well. The other thing, too, is like Todd said, don't I don't know how.
Speaker 1: We put it that, don't take don't get used to losing. Yeah, don't. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, don't get comfortable losing, but I think you said get used. Yeah, don't get used to losing. And that is that's pretty much because you're you're on a three game skid right now.
Speaker 1: The whole, the whole thing about this season is all right, we lost to Denver. I mean, you can argue whether we should have, but we did, and I can't. I can't argue with the Baltimore loss. We did some good things on offense, but we didn't stop them, didn't. And and then we just lost at Kansas City against the undefeated Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Two overtime losses.
Speaker 1: The Dames that are killing me in the Atlantic again. Both of the just will give us one of them, and you can easily make a case for how they can if there had been a face mess call at the end of the first one, and then what was the big deal? And oh, if there's been a pylon camera in this second one. I'm not saying we would have won, but you can certainly make a case that we had. You know, it could have happened. And so meanwhile, meanwhile, who are the top who have emerged as the top contenders in the NFC. Detroit, we beat Detroit.
Speaker 3: They've got one loss that was US Washington all of a sudden, that's a much bigger win.
Speaker 1: Handled them pretty easily. Philadelphia hasn't lost since we beat them. We handled them pretty easily. Our we've shown our street cred against what is considered the top contenders in the NFC, and now have San Francisco coming in. They're four and four, but they are the raining NFC champs. They've also dealt with some major injuries on all. They got guys coming back and they probably have Christian McCaffrey back, maybe Juwan Jennings as well. So it's a forget their record. Everybody still considers them a top NFC contender, right, and they are the raginning Conference champs. It's yet another opportunity for the Bucaners not only to stop their losing streak and keep themselves in at least a decent spot in the playoff hunt, but also to show it once again. Hey, these are the teams you think are the best contenders in the NFC, and we're beating all of them. Right. We haven't done that yet, so I can't say that, but we've beat three of them already.
Speaker 3: And what better way to go into a buye than with a win that changes everything just for those two weeks before your next game. It certainly makes things much better. And it's like you said, it puts you at five and you have seven games left, and I like the chances after that. But I think this is a huge This is a turning point game.
Speaker 1: I really really. No neither of us are saying that if the Bucks lose that it's over, no, or if that they win their a lock. Yeah, but it is. It is really such a you said turning point. It's like a folk room, yeah, on which the sea saw is pivoting, right.
Speaker 3: So I mean it's like you said, if you lose this one. I don't think you have a chance of winning the NFC South. If you win this one, you still have a chance to win it, but it also increases obviously, it increases your wild card chances. But if you look at the NFC East right now and the Central that's pretty much where the wild cards are coming from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you gotta catch Yeah, hopefully you have a little bit of those teams beating up each other. Yeah, in the second half and hurting their records. You'd like to see I'd like to just see Detroit and watching it run away with those divisions right and then the other teams start to get some long.
Speaker 3: I did watch that Detroit game. Boy, they they that's a good.
Speaker 1: And they just traded for Zadarius Smith. That's gonna happen, which will help them replace Aiden Hutchinson. Yeah. They they can beat you in a lot of ways, especially on offense. So that's a well and they probably are the best offensive lineup in football. That is a good team, and that's well, we beat them. Remember that.
Speaker 3: I know you look at that in Detroit. I think I think though, what you do is you will look at it. You go you beat the Lions, Come on, why don't we have more wins? Yeah, I mean it is just and since everyone's kind of on the defense right now that they're not playing as well as they should in that particular game, that's where you really thought the defense was coming into its own where that was a great defensive.
Speaker 1: Game, the Detroit one. Yes, especially at the end, very much.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: I mean we talk about how since then in key moments, the bucks of the defense is at a hard time getting stops. Like again, in overtime, they were twelve of eighteen and a lot of those were short, but they did convert to the longer ones too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. And we went into that game leading the league in third dunkn version rate and Kansas City was second, and after that game had flopped, now they're one and we're two.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean that, But you know that's that's week. The week you're only as good as the last game you play. Well, you're only as good as the game you're playing.
Speaker 1: Right. There was a there was a do you understand all of the kickoff return rules?
Speaker 3: I'm still learning the one The absolute.
Speaker 1: Best thing you can do as a kickoff team is have the ball land in the zone. In the zone and then bounce into the end zone and be downed because then it's a touchback that only comes out there to twenty. And that happened in that game, and it was a It looked totally on purpose. It was a line driver that hopped it around the two and then it hit Bucky about a foot in the yard in the end zone and he wasn't he wasn't able to fill it cleanly. So he made an an understandable decision to kneel there. But I think at that point you should run that one out because it's only coming out to the twenty, right. More so, you need to make sure you don't end up in a situation where the ball bounces you let it hit the ground. You got to come up and get that one. Yeah, And I can understand a returner thinking I'll just catch it on the hop, but you have to understand the rules as they are now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm beginning to like it.
Speaker 1: It's fine. Yeah, but Bucky more than made up with that for that with a forty six years kickoff return. That's set up I think the drive to put us ahead in the third quarter. Yeah, because it was a company kickoff of the second half. What a way to start, right.
Speaker 3: And now that was the other thing they won. They won the coin toss and they decided.
Speaker 1: To defer, which is the first time we've done that.
Speaker 3: This was I brought that up. I wanted you so what do you think? I wanted you to know that I knew who won the coin toss this time.
Speaker 1: That's right. So the Bucks have been bucking the usual tradition in recent years. Most teams that win the coin toss defer because they want to have the ball first to start the second.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get an extra possession.
Speaker 1: If you can just get us. If you stop the opposing team on the opening drive, then you've you've won that decision because they didn't score, and now you get the ball first to start the second half. But this time we didn't. We went back we had been all year if we won the coin toss taking the ball. Yes, And since most teams are still deferring, and when they won the coin test, they defer, so the Bucks were starting almost every game on offense. I wonder what the decision. Nobody's asked why he decided to defer this time, to see maybe he thought it was going to be a low scoring game because of the conditions.
Speaker 3: Or wanted to see what his defense was going to be like, or or felt like he really needed to have that second the first possession in the second half.
Speaker 1: I don't know we should ask that's a great question. No, none, But nobody in the media has asked. It's not that big of a deal. They got other things to worry about it.
Speaker 3: No, I understand. No, I'm just saying that is a good That is an interesting question. And you can't then then know what Lea Comb talks tomorrow. Maybe we can get someone to ask it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it wouldn't be his decision, but he knows why. Vita Van and Kalijah Canty. Oh boy, So that's what it's supposed to look like. When they drafted Elijah smaller DT very much unlike Vita, very very quick penetrator. Yes, you put him next to Vita and his powerful game and his and his size and his ability to ability to often occupy multiple blockers. They talk about some guys they talk about you got to get four hands on them to keep him at bay. That should be perfect for Elijah right often getting one on ones. But the thing about it is Vida, who leads our team in sacks this year with five. That whole storyline about how he kind of got himself in better shape over the offseason. Huh, that is bearing fruit, Casey Rogers. You probably heard one with Casey and Phillips on the show on Tuesday and was saying how he's just he's got so much more stamina. He played sixty defensive snaps in that game. Yeah, and he's just able to continue to dominate throughout the game and be on the field throughout the game, and he had ten tackles, he was in the backfield a lot, three quarterback hits. And then Kalijah also had two sacks. The two of them accounted for all four of our sacks. We clearly need more pressure from somebody on the edge, and if we could start getting that with what those two guys are doing in the middle, it could be one of the league's better pass rushers. Yeah, that's IFFs. Those are IFFs, I understand.
Speaker 3: Right, But there's the potentials there, The building blocks are there. And it's like you said, the edge rusher, I thought, defensively, they played.
Speaker 1: Really really well. You'd like to be able to get off the.
Speaker 3: Well, Okay, I'm gonna let me rephrase that I thought defensively, they played great until.
Speaker 1: They got to third down. You gotta get up, which.
Speaker 3: Is almost like a team goes ah, we got them right where we want them. We're third and long.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of those were short third downs.
Speaker 3: Where they where they Yes, I thought there were a couple long.
Speaker 1: There were a couple, but they had eighteen of them, so oh yeah. And then one of the third downs they didn't they didn't convert on a third and one. But then they went fourth and fourth and one and got in. So that's I mean, it counts as a stop, but it doesn't help the game. No, fair enough.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I know we were inside the press box, but I know what Arrowhead's reputation is, and it didn't seem that overwhelmingly loud.
Speaker 3: Well that's because you had the glass and so it was.
Speaker 1: It was as loud as usual.
Speaker 3: It was pretty loud. Yeah, it seemed loud, and the only reason why I'm going by that.
Speaker 1: Is what what I thought.
Speaker 3: Maybe I was saying, well, it dampened it, no pun intended, but yeah, I'm not a fan of not being able to hear the crowd. Well mean yeah, yeah, in our headsets. I mean, we had crowd. We had the crowd noise in our headsets, but it's still it's a very weird feeling and I'm not And they remodeled that like twenty ten, and you know, it's this big, thick, heavy glass, but it's like panels, so you have a sceam like right in the set and it's like, you know, right where your sight line is, there's a seam.
Speaker 1: You're like, who thought of this? You know?
Speaker 3: But it's also very high. I think it's thirteen and a half stories above the field because when you go in, you go down right, which is you know, and it's it's a cool kind of stadium. I thought it was. You know, you're so used to stadiums with easier access. That was a That was a long walk for the locker room to where the press box was, and then afterwards we had you have to roll through where the fans are. I guess the some kind of club there was right there. Actually, when we were leaving, I walked right past Patrick Mahomes. He was standing there talking to people and it was like there's no security around nothing.
Speaker 1: Nelson Louis said he was within like a foot of Taylor Switch.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he came into the well. He he came into our broadcast, but to give us information, and they were getting ready to they were showing it, and he goes, oh, I'm on there, I'm on there. You know we're oh, yeah, you're the guy in the corner there, because that's where the camera was focused.
Speaker 1: He didn't ask for autograph. I'm assumed, you know.
Speaker 3: A couple of people in the organization, uh got to see her and took a picture of her and she even said hi. So that was like a big, big moment. She hasn't lost yet at Arrowhead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they gave one, yeah, fourteen.
Speaker 3: Fourteen now, yeah, this was the fourteenth one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They they're a good team. They're a good team.
Speaker 1: And then of course they've won the last two super.
Speaker 3: Bowls, so they got a shot. They got a shot at going for three.
Speaker 1: It'll be Pat showed as his super Bowl ring from last year. While we're out, Oh yeah, when we're out on Sunday night. How was it? It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It was really cool, as cool as ours are cool.
Speaker 1: It had I can't try to remember how it opened. It had a way of opening. It wasn't a removable top. It was like a pop top something like that lid. I don't remember exactly, Yeah, but it opened and there was other stuff in there.
Speaker 3: I I felt bad he stopped by the booth and we were on the air and I didn't get a chance to say hello. But it's hard to believe. I think he's been out there for like nineteen years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think two thousand and five was when he started crazy. I remember because I had to make some changes on the staff softball team.
Speaker 3: Oh, he was usually bad third for us. You lost your one of her better headers? Well how about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was good to see Pat and he's obviously that move out there is working on now. He that was one of his hometowns growing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's director of video football video right.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the exact title was at this point, but he's the main video yeah, football video guy. Yeah. He had been with the Buccaneers since like ninety Yeah. Yeah, now that's Dave. They think it was ninety or ninety one. It was right before I got here. His dad was a coach in the league, which is why he lived for some time in Kansas City and for some time in Detroit because his dad was working for those teams.
Speaker 3: And he likes it in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well yeah, he got to go home and he originally got there Herm Edwards hired him. Yeah right, but now he's won four Super Bowl rings in his career.
Speaker 3: Crazy more for the thumb, I know.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, and they get increasingly blingy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So all in all, you know, there was things to like. I didn't talk yet about Tyke Smith ahead. He's he's a bit of a Levante David type in terms of being a ballhawk and going for the ball. Yeah, he got his third force fumble of the season, which is tied for second, just one off the league lead. And yeah, he seems to be doing that a lot. It was good to get him back.
Speaker 3: But you know, coach said, Todd said that he does that in practice. I believe he always is trying to knock the ball out in practice all the time.
Speaker 1: You know what was funny when talking about this game beforehand, Baker, he's using the line and I think he was quoting Liam Cohen and he was he was kind of talking about how you sometimes just have to take the loss on a drive and make sure you don't turn the ball over. And so the point the phrase that they like to use is every drive ins and a kick. So either you're kicking an extra point, are you kicking a field goal, or you're punting, but you're not turning the ball over or losing the ball on down. Every drive, every drive ins and a kick kick And it did in this game. Every Buccaneer drive in with a kick. Wow, there was three extra points. There was a goal, and.
Speaker 3: We're going to figure out a way to ease that into that.
Speaker 1: I like that every drive a KICKO makes you think about it a little bit because you don't that doesn't necessarily sound right at first, and you're like, yeah, because the other outcomes are turnovers and turnovers on downs.
Speaker 3: Yeah for a second direct.
Speaker 1: Or are you going for it on two?
Speaker 3: But right?
Speaker 1: I like it?
Speaker 3: And who and that's Liam's or Liam.
Speaker 1: Said that and Baker said that. I don't know if Baker was just saying it because Liam did, but they both said that the Bucks are six for six on touchdowns in the red zone in the last two games.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: And you can just tell from the way that from coach Bulls on down Toalk said, this is a team that is confident that if it just doesn't hurt itself, it can hang with anybody in the league. And I think you could say that for the most part, except for a couple penalties in this last game, they didn't hurt themselves that much. And that goes down to that every drive into kicking didn't turn the ball over.
Speaker 3: But Todd's been preaching that the last two games that's quit playing.
Speaker 1: The Bucks can't beat the Bucks and the opponent, Yeah, so they think they can hang with anybody, and then you know, wins over Detroit, Washington, Philly kind of prove that, right. Sure. So I don't know as as tough of a situation as the Bucks would be in if they lost to San Francisco. In terms of just looking at this team, and especially if we get Mike and Right and Jamel back after the break, it it seems like that team could win a lot of its games down the stretch. I don't think I'm overemphasizing.
Speaker 3: No, no, and I think I think it could be a lot like last year, where you're up against dire straits and things every every week, and then all of a sudden, every week you go and then you say, where has this team been all year?
Speaker 1: Why all you know, some of it has to do with strength to schedule. I mean, we still have two games against Carolina, we play a imploding New Orleans team again, we play the Giants, I believe. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You you when when the schedule came out, you knew it was going to be a tough road here. But at least you figured you're gonna get a few. You figured that you're gonna take one, one out of two against Atlanta. Su Yeah, the odds are you're gonna take one out of two New Orleans. You're like, you know, that game's always you know, you got a good you know that's always a battle. So you're there and then you know, well you had the Ravens, Yeah, that's going to be a tough one. Kansas City, oh yeah, had Detroit Yeah, and then you know, so this last the stretch that we're in finishing up with San Francisco, you kind of thought it was going to be a little dicey.
Speaker 1: These three weeks look like they were gonna be the toughest week.
Speaker 3: I think if you would if you would have picked up the Atlanta win, you might not feel as bad as you do.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, if we'd win one of those Atlanta Well, first of all, both teams would be five and four.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, and I think it's crazy you played Atlanta, you know in three week times if.
Speaker 1: You were, if you were four weeks but sure, three weeks apart, but twice in four weeks, right, if you If we had won either of those Atlanta games, both teams would be five and four. There would be no tiebreaker advantage. So basically you just have to do better than them down the stretch, and I think we would feel a lot better about the possibility that happen. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so stupid pylon without a camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now you know you gotta run. You got a good you can you can do it. What can happen? But I'm most excited about as we're out of the night Monday games. We do have one Sunday game left with Dallas, but that could be flexed, could be flexed, that could be determined depending on how I mean. They don't ever, there's another big game that weekend, the Eagles and the Commanders. Okay, that's a one o'clock game.
Speaker 1: They don't like to take Dallas out of those spots, right because there's such a big draw, right, However, that being said, Philly, Washington big markets, two.
Speaker 3: Big markets, and it's and it could be the NFC East crowning.
Speaker 1: Well I'm actually not going on that trip. No, that's not the one that is going to go on. Lives there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it still is gonna I if that game got flexed, it would still be a four o'clock game. It would still I don't think. I don't think. Well maybe not, maybe they'd go to one. Yeah, yeah, I mean Dallas would have to really really collapse for them to yankeet to a one o'clock game. But what's kind of interesting too, though, is the Carolina game is a four o'clock game.
Speaker 1: That's weird. Yeah, why did they ever do that? I have.
Speaker 3: No the idea why that is a four o'clock game.
Speaker 1: None.
Speaker 3: It's weird, very very strange. So so there. But but anyways, there's there's opportunities to be had, but you got to capitalize.
Speaker 1: They updated the media schedule, oh did they? So they're just gonna have a walk through, yeah, tomorrow. The originally we're gonna have a practice, but with so many guys banged up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they're gonna practice on Friday. It's gonna be more of a practice rather.
Speaker 1: But Friday is always a review. You do install on Wednesday and Thursday, and then you review on Friday, so the install is going to be all walked through.
Speaker 3: Well also, you know, a tough game, short week, but this.
Speaker 1: Was originally scheduled to be an actual practice, not a walk through.
Speaker 3: Okay, well they they walk through today. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably because so many guys are banged up.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's smart. I think that's smart.
Speaker 1: As they're gonna call him on Tristan next. Uh, I don't know, rough in the passer. Uh, false start, he gets backed into Bayfield and they throw rough in the passer on him. Conspiracy. You're really salty about that. It's just he's he's just so good. It's the whole thing, especially the face mask one, because I am in the the agreement that face mass penalty should be or lack thereof should be reviewable. Yeah, I'm with and that one would have been overturned. You can't. You can't argue otherwise.
Speaker 3: It was like a sweeping hand that never touched the man. He touched his shoulder, yeah, but it went across his face.
Speaker 1: Did you hocus poking? Do you believe in any conspiracy theories. Uh, no, none at all. No fake moon landing.
Speaker 3: No, I believe they landed on it.
Speaker 1: I do too. You know, none of them have any credit for I don't.
Speaker 3: Believe there's fake elections. I don't believe. I don't believe there is.
Speaker 1: What about that they froze the envelope in the year the NBA draft so that the Knicks could pull out and get the number one picking I have Patrick viewing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in aliens?
Speaker 3: I think I think there's a smarter life than which is which is on Earth? Yes, I do think there is something.
Speaker 1: Do you think aliens would come here? Uh?
Speaker 3: They might already be here.
Speaker 1: I don't. I agree that. I think it just because of the vastness of the universe that there's got to be life, somebody, intelligent life somewhere else. I don't think they've been here. I don't understand why everybody thinks that if aliens come here, they're going to do it stealthily and hide.
Speaker 3: Well, they probably did it before you understood what airplanes and everything work.
Speaker 1: But why would they be needing to hide if you've got the technology to be able to travel I don't know, thousands of light years, and you know if we try to do that now, it would have to be some kind of sub light speed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see what you're saying. If you're smart enough, it would take. If you're smartas if if you're smart enough to get here, why would you hide?
Speaker 1: You would think you would be technologically superior and have nothing to worry about from the from the place you're visiting. So why wouldn't you just come? Whether they're being hostile or or not hostile, they just show up and and I mean we and let's say it's some kind of great cloaking system, we'd detect them long before they got there, and you'd probably start up communication. And if so, let's say it's not hostile. They're just expanding their universe. They're seeing what other life is out there and meeting them. You think they're just becoming Hey, we're the Galaxians and we'll be there in two days, and if you want to talk, we're not going to do anything to you. We'll share technology with you.
Speaker 3: That is injury. Why are we hiding? Either we're going to be friends or we're taking you over.
Speaker 1: Either way, they should be way technologically superiorized, fair enough. So that's not really a conspiracy theory, because I think the conspiracy theory would be that there's already alien.
Speaker 3: There has to be something to this conspiracy thing that you you just brought up I.
Speaker 1: Was talking about. I was talking about Tristan and the conspiracy theory that they're targeting him for crazy call.
Speaker 3: Crazy calls. You know, you can't go that many years without having penalties, so they're.
Speaker 1: Just trying to even up the ledger exactly. Do you want to read some fan questions? Now? Sure? Why not?
Speaker 3: Okay, we have any Okay, fair enough. I hate this time change, by the way, because it's already getting dark. I mean, for crying out loud, it's already getting dark and driving home. I at first, I just you know, it's not even six o'clock I left here last night or ten after six. I'll take it back, but it was dark.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I understand the complaint, and I know that bothers a lot of people. I just don't really care.
Speaker 3: Well, here's my here's my feelings about this picket one or the other. I don't care what it is. I don't care what your time frame is just picket.
Speaker 1: Stay with it.
Speaker 3: You know, Hawaii does not change. Arizona does not change.
Speaker 1: Arizona doesn't change because they don't go on daylight saving exactly, because they don't want more sunlight hours in the evening. No, that's why they don't change. Well, I say, but most communities like want the extra You you you were one of them. You want the daylight and no one.
Speaker 3: Well, I act actually just wanted to be natural because if you stayed, if it just stays, you're not going back and forth.
Speaker 1: But isn't the whole point of of going back now so that it'll be lighter in the morning for kids.
Speaker 3: Bustops supposedly, Yes, that is the rumor.
Speaker 1: So you want the kids to be standing out in the dark. That's that's what you can so that you can see when you're walking.
Speaker 3: Nobody takes the bus anymore. Kids don't even walk to school anymore. If you're go past the school in the morning, it's lines of cars.
Speaker 1: I agree with you that compared to our childhoods, it's a vast we increase and people try their kids to school, but kids do still take the bus. I see them at the edge of our neighborhood. All right, Alex took the bus from.
Speaker 3: Oh, before we go anymore. Since we're talking about driving and everything, why don't you tell us you're exciting story that you about. Oh, I'm not going to say what it is out. Let Scott tell this story because it is so good.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. Well, you have to explain for anybody that didn't hear before or doesn't remember that I have shared anything. I've shared an unpopular opinion that I don't generally use my turn signal because most of the time you know where you're not necessary. Well, I know it's so that other people know where you're going. But if I'm turning into my neighborhood and there's nobody else around, why do I need to use my turn signal?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I am not in the habit like some people are of any time they change lanes or any time they turn of turning using their turn sgle. I have been reprimanded for that by specifically by one policeman in Europe. I don't remember which country was it, Germany the police officer anyway, he was a police officer, and he was explaining to me while I was wrong, and I don't think I have much of a legal leg to stand on here. But you know, an old dog has a hard time learning new tricks, right, So I generally do not change use my turn signal and changing lanes. Yes, okay. So I'm having to work a few days ago, and there was a guy. It's going down town May the major throw the major road through.
Speaker 3: Three lanes.
Speaker 1: Going north, I passed a guy who was in a work truck. It was it was like a mini van, but it was you know, you could tell us for a business. In my opinion, I passed him by quite some distance and then pulled into his lane in front of him. I don't believe I cut him off. I believe I just made a lane change, but maybe some people think you you always signal.
Speaker 3: You did your typical lane change continue.
Speaker 1: And then I got off on Hillsboro turned left, and this guy also did. He wasn't following me, he was just going. He pulls up next to me as we're stopped in a light and I have my windows down already, and he rolls his window down and it's like, hey man, your lights are out, and he's pointing to the back of the car. He's like, your light's are out. So I'm thinking he means break lights, Like really, he said yeah, and I'm I'm like, all right, thanks, and then he rolled his window back up. But just before he got all the way up, I'm like, I said, do you mean my brake lights? Because I didn't know if he remember my brake lights? And he rolls his window back down and goes, no, your turn signal because it's obviously not working because it didn't work when you cut me off back there.
Speaker 3: That's the best.
Speaker 1: And I didn't even I didn't get mad. I was like, I'm like, I get it, and I gave him the thumbs up. I'm like, that's a pretty good one. I'll give you credit. The only hole in the story is he was being crazy sensitive about being quote unquote cut off. I did not cut him off, but I make an effort not to cut people off because it drives me crazy when people do it.
Speaker 3: But that is your interpretation.
Speaker 1: How far ahead of him do I have to be that I don't need to use my turn signal?
Speaker 3: How do you know when to change a lane?
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you. How do you know when to change your lane? Broom when there's plenty of room?
Speaker 3: What do you use as a measurement.
Speaker 1: I am. Usually I was at least two or three car links ahead of him. There was no chance that he had to hit his brakes or slow down whatsoever. That's a big one for me. You should not cut in front of them. If they then have to slow down, yeah, then you've cut them off.
Speaker 3: Do you know whether he had to slow down or not.
Speaker 1: He clearly did not have to.
Speaker 3: However it bothered him.
Speaker 1: I didn't pay a lot of attention to it because I I hadn't cut him off, so I wasn't looking for a reaction.
Speaker 3: However, it bothered him enough to be able to say something to you.
Speaker 1: He's he was overly said, however I gave him. He's clearly one of these people who thinks you should always use your turn signal when you're changing lanes. Scott, he clearly is right. I disagree. If I were ten car links in front of him and I turned without using I changed without using my turnsigle? Am I wrong? Thead? How far ahead do I have to be?
Speaker 3: I turned my turn signal on even if no one's behind me. It's automatic.
Speaker 1: That's what I think is dumb.
Speaker 3: Why because it's.
Speaker 1: Because you don't need to are you gonna say it's called a turn signal, It's it's not called a change lane signal. You are I wasn't turn No, you're not. You're you're gliding, You're not turning turning? Do you turn the car like this?
Speaker 3: Would you realize people listening to this right now? Are you going Scott?
Speaker 1: Scott? Please write in if you agree with me, Anybody out there, if you're with me that it is okay to change lanes without using a turn signal. If you're not close to cutting somebody off, please give me some support somebody.
Speaker 3: I do like the fact that the guy did. It was a good, very funny. It was a good, very fun.
Speaker 1: Although I don't know if if I had not said do you mean my break lights? Before his window got all we rolled up, I would have never known the joke. I would have gotten to work checked my lights. Well, man, Then like, why did the guy similar.
Speaker 3: To Maybe he assessed it and said, yeah, maybe I better not mess around with this guy.
Speaker 1: No he wasn't not worried about me? Yeah he I guess he was. I guess he knew enough to know that I would ask a follow up question. Ah, but I barely got it in before his window clock. But he still did it though. It was a good one. I'll get credit.
Speaker 3: It has a good story.
Speaker 1: He's a little thin skinned about being quote unquote cut off, and I'll give you props.
Speaker 3: I don't give you props and not using your turn signals, but I give you props and bringing in this story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I knew you'd enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I did. I enjoyed it the first time, and I enjoy it now. And I'm sure our listeners right now have an opinion, and I look forward.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that are others that agree with you. But if I could just get one person to write in and say they're the same as me, that'd be cool.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: This is from Michael and Connecticut. Mike and Connecticut. Now remember he's the one who wrote in and had issue with my headline of the game story. Yes, after the Atlantic game, you had to explain to him that he was mistaken in my opinion. He writes back to say, hey, guys, I just listened to the pod. You caught me red handed. I was on a long boring teams meeting at work. Well I get that, and reading the books app to pass the time. I love it. I love it. That's so great.
Speaker 3: That's when you know a meeting's too long.
Speaker 1: If almost every meeting is too long. I'm a big believer in non meetings. There should be a maximum of five people in a meeting, and they should be focused on something that matters to all of them. When you have twenty people in a meeting and they're talking about things that mean that have no focus on you, that meeting shouldn't exist. Wow. Okay, I was still salty from Sunday and only focused on the first few words from the preview of the article and started frantically typing up. I stand corrected, Scott, actionary, I stand corrected, Scott, you made some valid points. I guess I just really wanted to rail on defense and you caught some friendly fire. I understand that. I totally enjoyed your rebuttals, and I love that I got you going for a few minutes. That's exactly what I love about the pod. Obviously, this is Friday, so no new game notes, but I did want to mention the podcast wasn't on Apple Podcasts again this week. Really, this is the second time in a few weeks. Not sure if you knew. I love the banner. Keep up the good work, gents. I did check and we have some resolve that problem. What was the issue? I don't know. Max told me there was an issue, But I asked Max, he fixed it. What does it matter he fixed it.
Speaker 3: I know it's a typical Max answer. Though, what's wrong?
Speaker 1: Max?
Speaker 3: It's all done. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: He didn't know. I mean, the good thing. The important thing here was Mike let us know. Yes, And it was either Mike or somebody else the week before who had let us know. And I didn't foulow up on it then, And I'm like, I got to foul up on this this time. So that's been resolved. But always let us know if that happens on any of the platforms that you use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we're on all the platforms you get your normal podcast.
Speaker 1: It's not it's we're on Spotify as an example. Yeah, it's not Jeff and I that put it up. No, So we're not aware when there's a possible.
Speaker 3: No, all I do is just tell them it's in a drop box, and whatever happens happens, and you know, and don't forget we're on the serious XM app. If you're looking for that on your serious XM app Just type in buccaneers and it'll pop up.
Speaker 1: All Anyway, The thing with with Mike's previous email was the headline for this for the story after the landing game that I wrote was something like turnovers stop Buccaneers from keeping pace and shootout. And he had stopped at turnovers stop Buccaneers and validly said it was really the defense that killed the Bucks in that game. Valid point. But my point was because of that, it was a shootout and we ended up coming up just shortened a shootout because the turnovers took away three of us two of our scoring opportunities. Right, So uh, maybe you know, in hindsight, it might not have been the best headline of all time. One thing about it was I would have rather said Turners keep bucks, But then I didn't want to say Turner's key bucks from keeping up and use keep twice in the same headline. That's bad writing, so I changed it to stop and I think that was part of the problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, this is.
Speaker 1: From Owen and he's from Galway, Ireland, and I'm pronouncing his name correctly this time. It looks like because he gave me the pronounce because it's spelled E I N, which I had assumed was eon, but it's Owen Owen And he told me that this time, which I appreciate, so I can get his name right because he's written in before Owen from Galway, Ireland. Hey dogs, watching the game again. These Monday night games aren't helping my sleep pattern.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for him, it's really because that one.
Speaker 1: Huh five hours. I have a prediction. For this week's podcast, Scott will point out that the Chiefs reverse play on their second drive great sack. Yeah yeah, is a reverse play and not a double reverse, as it will undoubtedly have been mislabeled by many, unless I'm the one who's mislabeling it. Also, love the way Liam Cohen designs plays, even if the tricks don't always work well. I agree with him on that. Yeah, I think, I don't. I didn't. I meant to look at the play on next Gen to see exactly what it was called. I think more than and I didn't, So your prediction didn't come true unless you count this right. Double reverses are actually are almost non existent. You almost never see a double reverse. For a double reverse, you would have to hand it off once that guy would have to hand it off to somebody going the other way, and then that guy would have to do it if you send receiver emotion, give him the ball and he goes around the end like like Shepherd did several times that game. That's not a reverse. It's an end a round. But you commonly hear it called a reverse. That's the one that gets me going. I can't recall on the top of my head, and I don't want to slow this podcast down by trying to find the play. But I don't think they a reverse. I don't remember a reverse. But it definitely was not a double reverse. If anybody called a double reverse there, Owen's right that they're wrong about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it was a double reverse. I think it was like he says it was on there. It looked like a fake hand second drive because it was. I mean, yah yah made an unbelievable play into Matt and coach you and brought this up. People do not realize how fast you know, yeah, yeah runs a four or five. No, really, that's what I think Coach said, only cow yeah for such a big man.
Speaker 1: It is described as Xavier worthy right in to Tampa Bay thirty for negative ten yards with the tackle by Diata.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they didn't they did.
Speaker 1: It was probably an end around, I would guess, and not even a reverse. Definitely not a double reverse. But just to pick knits here, owen, it's not a sack for yah yah no, because it wasn't the quarterback.
Speaker 3: It was a tackle for loss yeap, of which he had two in that game, and it did take him out of the good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. This is from Dan in Palm Harbor. Huh hoy, Jeff and Scott, also known as the Salty Dogs. Before I talk about the bucks, I'm responding to the candy thing last week. You know when we were talking.
Speaker 3: About oh right, yes, all the different candies and how you hate which one choices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the weird thing is in different settings, I've seen two other people say the same thing. What's that that three musk tears is their favorite candy bar. It's the most underrated candy bar, which is blowing my mind.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go, hey, he says, I will say this though, you did make a comment about if there is a bowl of candy and whatever's left, that's usually three musketeers. The other day, I did walk by someone's candy bowl and the only thing that was in there was three months, thank you very much. But I figured that's because that's all there was in that bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're probably wrong, Okay, he says, I don't like three Musketeers, so this is a smart man. But there's one candy I can't stand, and that's whoppers. I love are pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's a malted milk ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's got a nice consistency. It's got a little crunch but also a little bit of chocolate. Well, just the consistency is nice.
Speaker 3: I'm all, I'm all in on it.
Speaker 1: I can't say I eat a Whopper more than I can't remember last time I've ever had one. You can't have a whole lot of them, and there's not They're not a real popular Calloween candy, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Do you know what a snow cap is?
Speaker 1: It's chocolate. They call them non periles. Yeah, it's a little dot of chocolate with a little white What are the white specs on?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but those are my faves. Those are Seriously, I really enjoy you have the weirdest takes, man, I really enjoy those, especially when you're at the movies. It's not it's usually that's the only place you find.
Speaker 1: Him is at the movies. It's definitely not it's not milk chocolate. It's it's like not a very sweet chocolate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're called non pariles if I'm pronouncing that right.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what's his So he doesn't like a walk?
Speaker 1: Are snow caps just chocolate chips? In fact, each snowcap was exactly the same sign of blah. That's the the fact that these are simply chocolate chips with white sprinkles on them. Yeah, you're just basically eating chocolate chips out of the bag like that you used to make you Yeah, you're making chocolate chip cookies. The chocolate chips are not that sweet. No, No, I like it semi sweet chocolate candy cover with Oh that's what the Those dots are called non periles with white non purreles. Okay, I bet your money I'm pronouncing that word wrong. Wow, but I knew I could see it in my head. That is milky, Jeff, there's nothing wrong with them, But how can they be your favorite?
Speaker 3: I really like I don't do a lot of candy but those are the ones I like.
Speaker 1: You know what, Giselle, my wife was given out and there were leftovers of that. I've been eating too many of our milk DUTs, Oh, milk DUTs or milk duds. Yeah, you gotta worry about I'm pulling out your filling. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's another good movie. You know why because they last a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you can shoot one for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get your money's worth.
Speaker 1: Those little boxes for Halloween have like four of them in there, and it's perfect. Yeah, I'm with you all right now onto the bucks. Even though we didn't win, I'm so proud of this, fighting through adversity with no Evans and godwin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Still a lot of season left, so anything can and will happen. I agree. Hopefully we can win Sunday so we can get to five hundred before or bye week. Will you guys do a show next week even though it's a bye week. We were just talking about that today. We're not sure yet. Probably we'll have a game to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'll be here, I would say more. And most likely we'll probably do one next week, may not after the bye I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just depends because we want a game to talk about. Yeah, well we'll see. I think the chances are high that yes. Please check and see on whatever wherever you get your podcasts. Anyway, since you did, thanks for reading my email. Sincerely, Daniel de Maria from Palm Harbor, or Florida. Go Bucks, go okay, and then Alexander from Brazil Okay. Hope this finds you both well and probably sleepy and possibly wet. Well, not wet. I was very sleepy bits of Wednesday, now though I re covered. I was really very fortunate. I we took off.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the turbulence we had like fifteen minutes in. When we hit that turbulence, I fell asleep and I did not wake up until fifteen minutes before we landed, So I almost got two hours in.
Speaker 1: It's impressive.
Speaker 3: I was very impressed with it. And I didn't put my seat back at all. I just put my head down and closed my eyes.
Speaker 1: I worked. I worked a little while, and then I watched.
Speaker 3: I noticed you had a little bit of room, so you were very very pleased.
Speaker 1: Every time I get that chance, I do as much work as I can.
Speaker 3: You slid over it and you were working. Your computer was on the aisle seat. You were working away, you know, for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm starting to think we are needing a little bit of luck this season. Good point. You know, for you to win it all, you also have to be lucky, and that's almost always true. Like we were one of the least gingery teams in twenty twenty. Yeah, in twenty twenty one we had Godwin and Worf's injuries that proved to be too much to overcome against the Rams. This season, in Week five, nobody could see Irving's face mask being pulled and lost the coin toss. In week seven, we had Godwin in mic injuries in wee k eate we did not have enough cameras on the field last night, the coin was not kind to us. Again, yes, true and a fan of face mask. Anyway, we get focused on winning the next game. That's the only thing we have to worry about. Whin the next one, and I believe we will be in the hunt for the playoffs and who knows the division? I like it, since you did. Thanks for reading. Alexander Nessamento from South Paul Berzillaps. We are still waiting for Salty Dog's murders.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, that's fair like.
Speaker 1: I do like his attitude. This is from Colton in Idaho. Dogs. We have to do something about Baker. We have to teach him how to correctly predict a coin flip. Lol, Well you only.
Speaker 3: Got yeah, yeah, fifty to fifty chance, right, it doesn't really matter. Are the odds the same no matter what?
Speaker 1: Yeah you don't yeah, yes, yeah, It's not dependent on previous coin folks. Any given coin flip, Now, if you flip the coin ten times, if the first nine are heads, that doesn't mean choose Tales because there's any greater chance of it happening. Right, I was looking for a co But the chances are that if you flip the coin ten times, they're not going to be ten heads. But that doesn't mean after nine heads there's any more chances of the next one. Fair enough, Tales. When they showed the coin toss on the broadcast coin toss to broadcasts, you could tell immediately Baker knew it was going to be a lost when the coin landed on heads. I wish the NFL would look into the OT rules and make some changes. Possibly the traveling team always gets the ball first, and if they score a TD in hostile road environment. The game is over, that's never gonna fly. Just need to mention that it seems that Zebras have a smear campaign against the best tackle in the league, Tristan Wurfs. That the flags the last couple weeks against him have been questionable to say the least. Oh great, Just an fyi, the podcast didn't pop up on Spotify Spotify until Friday of last week. What got to check into that? One? On to the next one. Golden Phipps, Official Idaho Buccaneers Ambassador. All right, one more. This is from Robert Humphrey.
Speaker 3: When I when I send the email that this is ready to go, I'm going to say, please ensure that it makes it to all.
Speaker 1: Platforms and maybe specifically point out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've had spot Spotify and Apple and Apple.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, this is from Robert Humphrey. We've heard from him before. He says, hello dogs. I remember from nineteen seventy six to now, if we had nothing, we had a defense. Now the last few seasons we have an offense. After last night's game, it is easy to be the armchair quarterback or coach. With that said, do we not play to win the game? You guys filling the rest. He's talking about the not going for two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still I'm not in the camp of all, you got to go for two.
Speaker 1: I'm just not. I get you, and I think it's a valid argument. So it's not a situation where even if I personally in that situation would have gone for two. First of all, I'm not an NFL head coach, and I so I don't know how far you can take that.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing that people are forgetting. The Buccaneers had the ball and they were three and out or something like that. Then uh, Kansas City got the ball back, and the defense did stop them, and they allowed them enough time stopped Kansas City. We allowed the Bucks enough time to score a touchdown to tie. So your defense did show up at that point.
Speaker 1: There was definitely some things that Todd liked about how the defense played. I think third downs were the issue.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, So, yeah, I think us And if you would have if you would have tied and you wanted a coin toss and you scored first, then you're not even having that conversation.
Speaker 1: The arguments are there, Jeff, we get it. We've already talked about it a lot. I still don't mind if a guy like Robert here is of the opinion that you should have gone for it. But I think that's a valid argument.
Speaker 3: Is well, how many people would though, if you went for it and didn't get it and the game was over with you lost.
Speaker 1: How many people would what be upset by that? They'd be upset the outcome. But if they, if they, like me, before the decision which you should go for it, I'd have to it's just what I would have done, all right, that you will if I go. I said it beforehand, So if we had not succeeded, I would not have been upset about the decision because I thought it was the right decision. I'm not even sure I'm right about it being the right decision, but I thought it was the right decision, So I can't complain if it doesn't work. Yeah, and it was probably fifty five percent chance that.
Speaker 3: It didn't work, so but still, yeah, I know, you know, I like, yeah.
Speaker 1: It stinks that these games are coming down to that kind of.
Speaker 3: A well there you go, that's you said it best right there. It's things that it comes down to that where you're arguing about that, right, So all right, it is it is though. I will say this though, if the defense can just shore it up a little more, it could be a lot of fun because the offense is humming, which is if you're a Buccaneer fan, you're just not used to that.
Speaker 1: Since twenty twenty Yeah, even twenty nineteen with jamis other than the interceptions. Other than but I'm saying big numbers. Yeah, since and then the whole time Brady, Well, the first two years of Tom Brady era was probably the best two offenses we've ever had. Yeah, wasn't quite as good a twenty two and then I had a nice rebound last year behind Baker.
Speaker 3: And speaking of Tom, he'll be here calling the game and the broadcast. So that's all I got, Jeff, is that it totally well. This was good. Make sure you comment on turnson.
Speaker 1: I please, if you agree with me and give me some support.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to rephrase that if you have a thought or a comment about turn signals.
Speaker 1: Period please and the usage thereof and when it's necessary and why would I need to use my turn signal when I'm ten car likes ahead of a car?
Speaker 3: Okay, on that, I'll say, since you did, thanks for this