Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com.
Speaker 2: Andy is on the phone today for our first day follow up, and he's getting ghosted by a girl named Serena's. In a few minutes, we're gonna call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting her and maybe get him another date. But first, Andy, how long has it been since you heard from Serena?
Speaker 3: It's been two weeks.
Speaker 4: Have you been counting?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's so frustrating. Have you reached out to her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've reached out. I've sent her some texts and stuff, But yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard anything back.
Speaker 4: Why don't you go back and tell us about the date? How did you meet her?
Speaker 5: So we met him bumble, and we spent a few weeks talking and facetiming before we actually met up the first time, so it's like, I feel like we got to know each other a little bit. We eventually planned to meet at a cafe that we both are into, and uh, we were going to do a mike ride and drink slater and stuff, and I was really excited to meet her in person, but he yeah, she never ended up being.
Speaker 3: Able to show up.
Speaker 6: Did not actually have the date?
Speaker 5: No, actually, because about twenty minutes before I was, you know, I've been sending way to get the coffee shop, and she sent me a text that her dog was sick and something got picked so she needed.
Speaker 3: To take them to the vet.
Speaker 5: And I never ended up happening, and I and I was really excited, Like I ended up wearing a T shirt, these plaid shorts and sneakers that you know, she's kind of like telling me to wear beforehand so that she could find me.
Speaker 3: But you know, I was, I was happy.
Speaker 4: You were happy, So she told you what to wear. You guys planned this whole date. And then so her dog got sick. Did she ever give you an update on her dog? Like what happened with that after that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I haven't. I honestly haven't really heard.
Speaker 5: So that's where yeah, I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 4: So how did you respond to that text?
Speaker 3: Cause oh yeah, yeah, sorry, yeah, yeah no. When she sent me that, I that's okay.
Speaker 5: So I responded like I just kind of said bummer, and I said, hope your dog is okay, because I was.
Speaker 3: I was really sad at the time, But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've looked back and I've read that text a million times, and I feel like, maybe I maybe I wasn't a little cold.
Speaker 4: Would she have expected you to say more?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe uh, maybe I should offer to go with her.
Speaker 4: So has anything happened then between that text message and maybe all those face times? You know, like if you're talking from the past couple of weeks, you kind of start to build what is it about her that makes you want to see her again? Like if this girl just disappears, like, don't you kind of feel like screw you?
Speaker 1: Then? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I think she's first of all beautiful, and I felt like our personalities kind of balanced each other out, and you know, she seems like she does once and I'm happy to give that to her.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, And so she just ghosted you basically for the date, like she didn't show up and then hasn't responded to you since, saying that she couldn't make it because her dog was.
Speaker 5: Sick, right, And yeah, again, like I don't know if I just responded wrong at the time, it wasn't you know, nice enough.
Speaker 3: But hopefully, hopefully we can get it worked out.
Speaker 4: What if, like something really bad happened to her dog.
Speaker 3: That's also a concern of mine too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would I be mad at a bummer, Like if somebody responds bummer if your dog sick?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe I would have been like, Okay, maybe, yeah, maybe that's It's like bummer is more than a bummer?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Maybe? All right, Andy, Well we'll try to figure it out.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song and then come back and call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and.
Speaker 6: Maybe get you another date. Okay, all right, thank you. All right, we'll get your first date follow up next.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of today's first date follow up, if you're just joining us, Andy is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Serena. So in a second we're going to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another day. But first, Andy, why don't you catch everybody up on your situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I met Stringa on Bumble.
Speaker 7: We've spent a few weeks talking facetiming before we finally met our plans to meet up in person. And then during that time, you know, I wore a tea shirt, pad shorts, white shoes that she told me to pick out.
Speaker 5: I was waiting for her and I got a text that said her dog was sticking, that she ate taking to the vet.
Speaker 3: So the day never happened, and I haven't heard from her sets.
Speaker 4: And it might be because he responded, bummer, All.
Speaker 6: Right, Andy, are you ready to call her?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, man speak to Serena. Please. Yeah, Hi Serena. My name is Jewbell. I host the radio show. It's called The Jewbel Show.
Speaker 4: Hi, Serena, I'm Nina. The whole show's here. Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 2: We're calling you today because we got an email about you from somebody who listens to the show and they wanted us to call you.
Speaker 6: Okay, So we do a segment on the show. It's called the first Date follow Up.
Speaker 2: What that is is if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, they can ask us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So a dude named Andy emailed us. He told us about your date. Well, the date that didn't happen. And then asked if we could call you and ask why are you ghosted him?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's really cute. You know, he's that far to see what happened, so.
Speaker 6: You think it's cute.
Speaker 4: Is your dog? Okay?
Speaker 1: No, No I didn't.
Speaker 3: He's just not what I thought he would be.
Speaker 6: And uh, the dog is your okay?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: And Annie, do you.
Speaker 6: Have a dog?
Speaker 4: Even?
Speaker 1: Whoa? I mean we chatted for a while in a bumble. It was nice getting to know. Yeah, and he also like, I actually don't have a dog.
Speaker 6: I figured that's where it was going than.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when I step to go to the date they wouldn't go on, I saw him sitting there like a puppy dog. He had like a rose and some dirty white sneakers and I'm just like, I'm not busy, but how am I? She sept the sneakers just.
Speaker 6: Kind of you know, so it's the dirty shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like, I don't know, just it wasn't he didn't look like he did any pictures.
Speaker 4: Wait, but he had a rose there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's just like I was just sitting there like a like a bad puffy dog.
Speaker 4: Like it's just like, I don't know, you felt like you could bulldoze him. I mean sometimes sometimes that's sometimes that's the thing. I mean it sounds a little shallow, but sometimes you know, if you're gonna like be too much for somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if I did have a dog and.
Speaker 3: He replied bummers or your dogs, just like come.
Speaker 4: On, Okay, so it was because he was sitting like a puppy dog and he had dirty sneakers. Oh so what did dirty sneaker say about him? Man to you?
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, it's the first date.
Speaker 1: If you can't like seeing your shoes or like wear some like, come on.
Speaker 4: Like was it a nice like fancy restaurant that you were going to.
Speaker 3: I mean it wasn't a fancy restaurant. It was just like a cafe.
Speaker 1: But still, come on, like, come on, just at least wash your shoes or buy a new pair on a first feat.
Speaker 4: I get presenting yourself nicely. I wouldn't and you don't have to go as far as buy new shoes, but I mean keeping them, you know, do you think about that? I do.
Speaker 2: I try not to wear dirty shoes if I go places. But also yeah, but I'm one of those people that always wants you know, tries to clean my shoes and stuff too. Right, some people don't care, though.
Speaker 1: I mean, well I cared, and I was just sitting there with like a road like not even like a bookcase, just like a rose. Come on, now, it's really blimpy, you know.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, thank you for telling us.
Speaker 2: And now, Serena, I'll let you know that Andy is actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: What scaly. Wow, I'm a wimp because I had dirty shoes and a rose. You lied about having a sick dog. I mean to be, I was weirding what you told me to wear.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell you to wear dirty shoes, and you know, come on, first impressions or kind of big Well, I.
Speaker 7: Went out and bought a new shirt and plaid shorts because I didn't have any I wasn't thinking about my shoes.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Well that's a bummer.
Speaker 8: So you just so you saw me sitting there, and instead of coming up to me and saying anything like an adult, you just walked away and hid lied about having a dog that was sick, and you're saying that I'm awa, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean a little bit, and you don't even look like your pictures. So you know what, you didn't look like your pictures either. You didn't look evil.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that was the appropriate time to ask Serena, would you like to go on another day with Andy?
Speaker 6: We'll pay for it.
Speaker 1: No, thank you, No.
Speaker 3: Buck, though I wish you the bye, Candy.
Speaker 4: Somebody's gonna appreciate your rose.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I think I'm dodging a bullet, you know.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll pay attention to if you ever do end up getting a dog, and I'm gonna call a spc I on you because yeah, you shouldn't be owning an animal.
Speaker 1: Jubile's first date follow up