Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like go.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boss, hanging with the fast, betting on the game.
Speaker 1: No woman's gonna tell us what donop be.
Speaker 3: We're here just drinking beer and making n baby. I'm hanging with the fellows, Busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: Bro, Welcome to another episode of Busting the Boys. Of this episode three oh six, we have a massive, massive show in store. We have Gilly, Gilly the Kid, Gilly the Kid coming on. We're gonna be talking surviving barstool. We also have Dan Coach, head coach Dan Lanning and head coach Dillingham joining the show.
Speaker 4: Dan lanningby and the Oregon Ducks.
Speaker 2: Head coach Yeah, Big ten, Big twelve champion Asu. Yeah, we're gonna be talking college wall playoff. A lot of fun things on the show. Before we get started, we need to shout out the one and only the Chevy Silverado. We are presented by our good friends at Chevy. And there's a reason we've never had a tear talk for best pickup Trucks, and that is because for Busting with the Boys, there is only one pickup truck for our hearts, and that is the Chevy Silverado. Why is that you might ask. Silverado is a partner, a partner you can depend on. We've all spent time driving and using the Silverado for all kinds of adventures and other shenanigans, and Silverado was a partner with us on the Spring Tour. They were on the Fall Tour, and Silverado brings grit, legendary grit paired with modern truck tech inside and out, massive screens up to eight cameras of fourteen different views to help make driving, towing, and parking all easier. We love the bold, blacked out look of the new Silverado HD Trail Boss and there's a reason the Chevy is America's most awarded brand for new vehicle quality over the last three years according to JD Power. You guys know, I rip around town with my blackout' ZR two shop Silverado. So head over to Chevy dot com to build your own Silverado or SILVERADOHD and check out all the current offers on the Silverado this holiday season. Discover a world of strength and capability all behind the world of our favorite truck. To Chevy Sovrado again. It has received the highest total number of awards compared to all their brands and the JD Power twenty twenty two twenty twenty four US initial quality Studies. Visit jdpower dot com slash Awards for more of those details. And again the awards are based on twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four models. And if you are listening right now watching, consider subscribing to the Boys, make sure you are locked in. You're getting notified to when these episodes drop. We bust with the Boys every Tuesday, the locker Room, every Wednesday night.
Speaker 4: Now Wednesday night. The rumors were true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out Jared Beeman. He's getting those things cranked out to where we can drop him on Wednesday night.
Speaker 4: Now, Big one this week, Big one this week, big episode drop in the locker Room this week. Something that everyone's gonna really want to.
Speaker 2: Very special guest, very special, very special guests that's going to be joining the show.
Speaker 4: Guy's a grinder. I'll say that.
Speaker 2: He's a grinder. He's an absolute. He originated the grind.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Big weekend, had a great weekend. You got a college football talk, we got NFL talk, we had all the people coming on. But there's a gift for you. We have a gift for you.
Speaker 2: You fucking didn't I got you something.
Speaker 4: I didn't get you something, but it's right behind you. Go and open it up for the people. I'll hold your cup, Hold your cup.
Speaker 2: Who got me the gift?
Speaker 5: But open it up, open it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm bustling with the boys. When you say you're gonna do something, you do it, right, fellas, when you say you're gonna do something.
Speaker 2: You do it.
Speaker 4: So we got something nice for Will, courtesy of the one and only George Kittle. Look at that. Oh it's a real one game warn helmet. That's his helmet.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: Those of you listening on audio, that was That was Will actually opening up the box right there, and it reveals a forty six George Kittle helmet. Now, while Will is putting the helmet on.
Speaker 2: The bet was that if Nebraska beats Iowa, I have to wear an Iowa helmet during Busting with the Boys, and if Nebraska wuld have won, he would have had to wear Nebraska helmet during his next bress conference. You look sharp, thanks, you look good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I might as well just put the helmet on all the way, strap it up, strap it up, dialed in.
Speaker 2: I feel like I can play cornerback right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he had them cheeks puffing out right.
Speaker 2: Now, get a little adjusted on these high ones. But it feels pretty nice.
Speaker 4: You were good face mask, Yeah good. You can have a lot of visibility in that thing right there. How do you what? What did you have the zip ups like that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because you know, back in the day when you were a young buck, you always wanted your chin strap. You wanted to be a little snug up here, so that way when you unstrapped it, that it would be sitting here like this, kind of like Deon Sanders' prime time. He always he would have the gloves, he would have the swag going on, so you would always want it sitting up here. So I always use the zip ones because it made me feel you know.
Speaker 4: When did the ziplines come in? Come into the fold?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or you think darkness is your your coffee?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 4: You look fantastic. Yeah great, there's a great gift is black and gold. Gift black and gold maybe the best high school football colors you can have. Black and gold is a hard high school football color.
Speaker 2: Just to help out, do you mind if I just sit it like this?
Speaker 1: I don't mind.
Speaker 4: You'll have to ask George, but I don't mind.
Speaker 2: I don't want to call George.
Speaker 4: Had a big one yesterday, Do what They had a big one yesterday? Yeah, boys came up and showed out big win had like two hundred and fifties six yards to the Bears three at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really thought the Bears would jump on top of that opportunity of an injury ridden forty nine er team that's kind of been up and down all year.
Speaker 4: Long, ump and down. No Nick Bosa, no Trent kil Williams had been playing better as of late.
Speaker 1: I picked it.
Speaker 4: I picked the Bears on the locker room, and I felt bad about it because I do love the the forty nine ers so much, but they just came out and dominated.
Speaker 2: Dominated the fay.
Speaker 4: Kittle's been on fire, like quietly, just been crushing it.
Speaker 2: A tough season because you got Brock Bowers out there in Vegas just having a year year, not just as a rookie but for tight ends, and he's the best player at the position right now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The most receptions as a tight end as a rookie, as a rookie tight end, that was from Mitch Carsley. He didn't have the microphone, So I just want to.
Speaker 2: Whose record did he break. Ditka Laporta.
Speaker 6: Was like that last year, and I want to say it was like Antonio Gates or before that.
Speaker 4: That's not very surprising. When we were in Athens last year for the South Carolina game and we set up with those those big wigs in the suite, impressive looking, they were all saying like this, he is the reason why George Is is as successful as they are. Like, he's not just a hell of a ball player, but he's also like a great leader as well.
Speaker 2: I know he's like number three in the odds right now, but he should seriously be considered for Offensive Rookie of the Year right now. You got Jade Dais, you got bow Nicks. Bow has been coming a lot stronger on the back of the year because Jade and kind of had a little lull in the middle of the season. And you know, it's like a quarterback driven league. Everybody's gonna be focused on the quarterbacks. But and the Raiders just they're not very good. They're not good. It's like Bowers has been balling bro Another one is that corner for the Eagles, Quincy Quinon Mitchell.
Speaker 4: He was taking in the first round.
Speaker 2: He was first round and Cooper was the second round.
Speaker 4: That's right, because that's when we thought the Eagles were going to take in the first round Cooper. Yeah, and he and they did some kid from Toledo. And obviously when I were like Queen and Mitchell is like.
Speaker 1: A Tarik Woolan on the Seahawks.
Speaker 7: He's like super super long and he's really really fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Bro, I mean, I'm sure he's up for Defensive Rookie of the Year because he's been balling.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: But yeah, man, Brock Hours and the Raiders. Now at the first two are we focused on today?
Speaker 8: Jack?
Speaker 1: What? What'd you laughing at?
Speaker 4: His phone just went off?
Speaker 8: No, what was it? The volume went off?
Speaker 9: His video of a.
Speaker 4: You see that video? I thought that was your house for a second, dude, How dumb am I? Oh you watched that video.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Oh, rattlesnakes down in his little barn. They're finding the heat.
Speaker 4: I didn't even have a barn. There's there's rattlesnakes in Nashville. I don't even have a barn. I posted a video on Twitter the other day of these two guys walking down into like a seller type thing, right, and there's like a snake and it's fucking it's just rattling. And then one of his buddies is tripping and the camera turns and there's literally a little snake like s slitherin his way down the stairs. Yeah, and I'm just thinking to myself, I probably just die.
Speaker 1: On the spot.
Speaker 4: Snakes are my Vegas fear By far Dude, they get a shit out of me. So yeah, man, Yeah, football happened. Football Titans, Jack and I get on a flight from Vegas.
Speaker 2: Even before we get into football though, how was Vegas?
Speaker 4: It was awesome?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 4: I was telling you this before the show. I don't want to say, like what actually happened because I think the vlog is going to come out this week, Right, they'll come out this week. The vlog is gonna come out this week. And uh, there was a lot of times when you watch people gamble, you see them just winning. The clips of them winning. Things didn't go so well at one point. But I will say this, it is amazing. There's no better feeling to learn a lesson in life that has changed you with zero repercussions for the actions you've made so I'm happy. I just know that I'm happy. But there was a moment there. Jack can attest to this. I was not happy riding up at that elevator.
Speaker 2: You're the type though, you you need the repercussions.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and elaborate.
Speaker 2: Remember, uh, remember when we were leaving Boost that one morning.
Speaker 4: That kid dog walks me walking out the Uh.
Speaker 2: No, you got in your truck and you were high tailing it down the road, got pulled over. But fortunately, you, being you, you get out of it.
Speaker 4: Well, this is a long time ago, great memory, and people think you FCT that's yeah, this is this is literally twenty twenty because it was it was during COVID. Yeah, I was going seventy five and a forty five. Yeah, and the cop, a cop pulled me over because I was actually trying to make it to a meeting on time.
Speaker 2: And uh cop pulled me up driving casually. JP. We we were in Indianapolis, Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: I got a ticket to it.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't you throw it. You pulled that, you pull it. Yeah, yeah, you didn't have your lize you pull up the Wikipedia on them.
Speaker 4: I did, yeah, yeah, yeah I did it. Well help Oh oh shit? So I've actually I've been pulled over. The thing that Will and jp're talking about right now is we were driving back from Indianapolis after doing the McAfee show and I didn't have a license. I've been pulled over without a license before in high school and they handcuff you and put you in the back of a cop car until they can identify who you are. So I did pull up the Wikipedia be like, this is me, this is who I am, So you have identification. I see the way it went. It wasn't meant to do that way. Did it help out? Yeah? It helped a little bit, which is interesting because we're in Annapolis. But I guess the question is is what lesson needs to be learned there? In which one I'm just getting where I'm going in a quick way.
Speaker 2: I think everybody can attest to that, Like you able to push the boundary a little bit and get away with something they kind of you don't actually learn the lesson for real. I mean there's situations with I'm sure everybody listening. I know myself. It's like if you get away with something, you almost feel like you can get away with it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess you're right. You know what I mean, I guess you're right. Well, all that to be said, next time I go to Vegas, I'm definitely not gonna put myself in that position again, because that was a scary one. That was a scary worked out worked out for us. Jackie himself too. He had himself a nice little weekend.
Speaker 2: Jackie had a good weekend.
Speaker 4: He had a sneaky I see.
Speaker 2: I see you didn't uh take my parlay. I see you didn't take my college foot all parlay.
Speaker 9: It never that Vegas. You can't gamble online there. They make sense. They make you go to the casino.
Speaker 4: Right, brick and mortar sports books right.
Speaker 9: Sucks because even though we're just staying in the casino and you can just walk across the building to it, you're like, what you doing your phone?
Speaker 2: So I and when you got the app, it's like you can strategize, Okay, what if I move this and what if I moved that one?
Speaker 9: I wouldn't had taken that bad because I took a bad.
Speaker 1: Heart.
Speaker 9: It was with my heart. I took that Texas line. And Texas lost that game every which way they could, the penalties and draw balls and just it was just messy. For them, and Georgia seemed to click a little bit when Carson Beck got hurt.
Speaker 4: What's his name, second best last name you can have on a backup of Jersey, So that.
Speaker 9: One hurt, and it was it was a lot on that but at the end of the day, you know, you win some you lose him.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Texas one was tough too. Yeah, that was that was the That was the scary one going into.
Speaker 9: Did you think what did you think going into that game?
Speaker 2: I thought, uh, Texas. I was going like I took Texas individually, but I didn't put him in that parlay because that was the only one where I was like nervous that Georgia could pull one out.
Speaker 4: And but yeah, so you you dropped the place stage the Starkesian, well he did the Mozilla halftime is like halftime update and he's like, I hope they get some calls too, they get some flagstone on them, because there was laundry all over the field in that game. Man, just crazy.
Speaker 2: One I wish I would have felt super confident about was Arizona State. I ended up taking the over which that hit. But that was another one I was kind of like on the fence about on if Arizona State, I mean they dog walked him Arizona State man again, pick to.
Speaker 4: Be last, pick to be last in the Big twelve, and they won the Big twelve. Maybe the hottest team in the country.
Speaker 2: Right right, Like they've been on outside of that last play against BYU, like, but they've been beaten teams, ass beaten teams. You would love to see him make a little make some noise in the Costball playoffs.
Speaker 4: Well, Garrett brot up a good point while we were get all set up for the bus, is like that is the team you don't want to be going in this break because they are so hot. They're trailblazing right now. They are crushing it. And now they're gonna take this two three four week break right and then have to go start right where they pick up, right where they left off. And that's a difficult thing to do. Some of these teams that are a little more washy, yeah, that have been a little more up and down, they have a chance to reset, recalibrate and get going. But Asu, you want to just keep it flowing, man, Yeah, you want to keep that lighting in a bottle hot. So this we can't show this play right, because it is like a we can't show this pin in the clips, but there is a play where the line slides to the left and seven this the nickel. He comes in and just smokes the quarterback. It's like forty five to seven at something this point, it's like the game is totally and hand I went looked at the depth chart. This kid's a starter. He's a starter on the football team. Two questions. Is he suspended for the first half of their first playoff game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And why does Dillingham have your starting nickelin when it's forty five to seven? You gotta throw them twos and threes out? Brother, you gotta Yeah. Maybe true, maybe they got a thin roster. But that is I thought that was a good clean hit.
Speaker 2: I mean it is. It's just like you know, you got the rule. You got the rule now in protecting quarterbacks like that is, like that's a that's a highlight hit you want?
Speaker 4: Like that is that's a great football hit right there, great football hit.
Speaker 2: Just ran through contra helmet right under their chin.
Speaker 8: God probably.
Speaker 2: Well, since his helmet's right under his shin. It's like the crown of his helmet's just like smacking him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's not. Like the whole point of targeting was to protect players from injury, from getting hurt, from leading with their helmets a little bit their spine, and that's a hit. As a defensi player, you dream about huh, no pain.
Speaker 2: They don't see you until literally the last second, but it's it's too late that they.
Speaker 4: Can't move, can't get out of that thing. Dude, that that's unbelievable. Let's check in with JP Clemson.
Speaker 10: I know Will's happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was going on that group chat?
Speaker 2: What am I happy about? Time out? Time out?
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 2: You know I love chaos, you know, I mean, I'm out of it. Like this is like I'm wearing an Iowa football home. This is what happens when you go one in nine against the Iowa.
Speaker 4: Still a successful season. But yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying I have no dog in the fight, you know what I mean. So I wanted to see a little bit of chaos, but also like I wanted Clemson. I wanted Clemson to win in a big way. I wanted Texas to handle Georgia so that way, Georgia is like a three lost team. I know they're saying that there's gonna be no implications on a losing champion a team that's in the championship game. But if you still have that like a dominating or a quality win on Texas and a dominating performance by Clemson, that helps the that helps the South Carolina fan base get that much louder for the College Wall Playoff because Clemson obviously gets in with the automatic bid. And if Clemson's left out, you're sitting there arguing Bama because again, SMU made that game close. If they don't make it close, if Clemson handles business like SMU's out of it, and you're probably putting Bam in there. But the chaos of you guys having a resume or an argument to be in there, that's ultimately that's why I want to Clempson win. Because you even alluded to it a couple of weeks ago in the locker room, alluded to what like the potential of South Carolina being able to sneak in like you beat Clemson. Say they go to the a CEC Championships and some shot in hell and then they have to win over the a CEC.
Speaker 4: Change That conversation started with, like South Carolina dominating Clemson. Right, you have to dominate Clemson, and then Clemson dominate whoever they play in the AEC and it's like, oh, Clemson's gotta be in. Yeah, but the first domino.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, I know this is a thous. I'm not happy that Clemson won to to like piss off South Carolina. I like Clemson wins. They're a three loss team, they you know, out of all the three loss teams we have in the country right now, Like they are not the three loss team that should be in the playoff, but based on the way the format is set up, they get the automatic bit in there, which needs to be changed. Yeah, I think everybody's realizing that they got to do something because even the way it's all shaped up, you like, you look at the path of Penn State, Like if you just rank these teams one through twelve on the twelve teams that get in, even if they're out like ranked outside the top twelve or whatever, you just rank them as they as they stand, like you're gonna get a better you get a better layout of the bracket anyway.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, if you're if you're Flimpson, it's not a horrible route for them either.
Speaker 2: And the frustrating part about.
Speaker 4: Clipson as can we pull up the bracket? Sure?
Speaker 10: No matter what. They're your biggest rival and we at the end of the day we pretty much know we're not. There's no way we're gonna get in. So the last thing we want to see is our rival get in.
Speaker 2: Because the way they.
Speaker 10: Talk after this bomb win a true freshman kicker nailing a fifty five yard field goal, which was impressive, but they are just taught. They're just stomping on art on South Carolina right now. Somehow I just keep dropping the screenshot of the score, like now, like, stay in your corner.
Speaker 2: We do own the state. They're like yeah, I'm just like, man, I feel you, because when when SMU got back in and tied it up, I wanted to see Ot and SMU win, even though my parlay I was like, well Clemson wins money line that Parlo hit. But when they got back in the game, because it was twenty one seven and a half time, it's like, man, Clemson's beating their ass, like SMU might fall out of the playoff now.
Speaker 10: Quarter and then Davo, oh my god, bro, this man tried to say that they deserve it.
Speaker 7: Bye, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 8: You don't even deserve to get in.
Speaker 7: You don't even deserve to be in the accoh.
Speaker 2: I mean they are the chances they did win.
Speaker 4: That they won the whole acc I know, bro.
Speaker 2: Because Miami Laiden like dropped one against Syracuse in those.
Speaker 11: Three teams, SMU, Clemson in Miami, that they didn't play each other throughout.
Speaker 2: The I know, like it's insane. That's where you're an SEC fan looking at everybody. You guys got you guys have to play each other, and yeah, I.
Speaker 11: Mean that that's we have to play each other. But non conference, I mean, like that's changing. We're supposed to play Notre Dame, Ohio State and like two other big non conference games out in like the next four or five.
Speaker 2: Years, which is in this format you don't want that. You don't want want cupcakes all the way. It's already been.
Speaker 4: Oh really yeah, I think you guys handle a hot state though that we they're they're done.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but like why.
Speaker 8: Would you risk it?
Speaker 2: Right like to to Jared's point, it's like you just have like you just said, the cupcake, you want those cupcake non conference because clearly they're not valuing you know all. Yeah, strength to schedule.
Speaker 12: You are still the only power conference that does eight conference games instead of nine, right, were they talking about changing that too? Now with like how big the SEC is. I think that was like being talked about.
Speaker 7: Still that doesn't help argument. Oh I know.
Speaker 12: I'm just saying, like, as far as playing everybody in your conference, but I think the ACC might be eight conference games too.
Speaker 7: I could be wrong on that.
Speaker 11: For each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at his bracket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Organ's in a tough spot. Look at the AP and then the.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Clemson is the AP, and then you look at the CFP bracket.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: How we were talking about earlier, like a sixteen team has the first round by because they won their conference, which I'm not down in issue because that's fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: For the Arizona State's twelve boys is nine, but yeah, they get they get a bye. It's crazy Isna.
Speaker 11: That they did not give.
Speaker 2: That would have been if they would have if they would have jumped, if they would have jumped Arizona State, I promise you. Yeah, it's like you see you see this format and it's like, can you go back to the formats room? Oregon having the the number one seed, like they went undefeated, won the Big Ten, all of that, like their their road and now they do have a bye, but it's like they get the win out of Tennessee and Ohio State, whereas Penn State, You're sitting there, you're playing an s m U team that you should probably be and then you got Boise State and based on everything, it's like, Yo, Penn State kind of has a better a better setup to get there than say an Oregon.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now the thing that saves Boise State is they're ranked in this bracket three and Franklin's for against top five teams, so technically Boise State is the three team. Right you can see boys, can see boys. I could even see SMU beating Penn State. I mean, it's just funny because they lost by what seven seven eight to the number one team in the country. And what's crazy and they put points on the board too. They were operating.
Speaker 2: Is if they're quarterback, who's at Drew Aller? Yeah, if he had some accuracy, Bro, there's some throws he's just missing well because they have a deal, like they can you see eleven running hit on defense that their linebacker. He looks crazy, bro, like a psychopath, kind of like a Michael Parsons. Yeah, he runs. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: That last little brecker right there in the annivers Notre Dame. That's gonna put Strum's hatred.
Speaker 1: To the test.
Speaker 4: Fraud off, he says.
Speaker 2: See, I think I think Indiana. I think Indiana could beat Notre Dame.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can you see can you Yeah? I think we can all see that. Can you see Clemson bidding Texas in a weird world? In a weird world?
Speaker 2: Like if if that the way, yeah, the way they're the way they're offense was just not executing and getting points on the board. It's like, you never know what's gonna happen. Bro, you got all this time to prepare. Now you're in the dance. Yeah, you're You're in it. You're in the tournament. That's all that matters. I can see Ohio State. I can see Ohio State in and up in the national title game.
Speaker 4: I think I think right now Ohio States feared by seven and a half against Tennessee. Yeah, I think Ohio State. I think right I thought I saw that. You double check it on the DraftKings double check it. But I thought I saw seven and a half.
Speaker 2: And if they beat Tennessee, you got a rematch against Oregon. Obviously you got to be a big time game. We got to see that one in person earlier this year, thirty thirty one. They in Texas, uh dk R.
Speaker 8: The stadium.
Speaker 4: Is known for their biggest upsets.
Speaker 12: They're always at home, Like they lost the Kansas at home. That to win Kansas scene, that beat him. They lost the Baylor and a huge upset, like I didn't throw out Baylor, but they catch a lot of ls in Austin.
Speaker 4: I do, I do kind of want to see Clemson take down Texas. For the path of a s U. I feel much better about Clemson a s U than I do Texas a s U.
Speaker 2: A has been rolling, man.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing we were just talking about, is like you've been rolling at such a rapid pace and now you gotta wait and wait, I do come out, rusty scatter.
Speaker 2: Everybody's gonna have all their rest. Is he like out?
Speaker 4: Who's the wide receiver?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was out. He was out that game. They didn't even have him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gotta look that up.
Speaker 2: I kind of like the bracket too. There's a part of me that likes the bracket, go back to that, Go go back to the uh he had.
Speaker 4: Surgery, Yeah, he said surgery on an undisclosed injury.
Speaker 2: It's like, you see the way the bracket is set up here, Clemson, they're gonna get an opportunity against an SEC school that and the only team Texas has lost to is Georgia. If you're the SEC and you're the dominant conference, like, there's all the opportunities to just walk through these guys. I mean you look at Georgia. It's like if Georgia dummies like Notre Dame or Indiana and they're going in against potentially Boise State, Penn State.
Speaker 4: And SMU, Georgia's in the national championship, right.
Speaker 2: Like if Tennessee beats Ohio State then takes care of Oregon. Yeah, you guys have the heart, you guys have the hardest walk.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But again, it's like you got a like a second tier SEC team. If they Beatlehia State, you're going against the Big Ten champion. So right there is like you know, there's a lot there's a lot of like bragging rights as far as conferences go, as far as teams go, Like Boise is gonna have a shot to win a game in the College Fall Playoff because they'll get the winner out of Penn State and SMU. Then you could go in like, hey, if you're actually an under, if you're actually who you think you are against these big dogs, you're gonna be probably playing a Georgia team obviously Indiana or Notre Dame, but you're gonna get that shot to beat them. Like ultimately, the path to being the national champions, you're gonna have to beat the best teams. And no matter what you can talk about, so and so has an easy pass, so and so doesn't. But once you get to the final four, like they're all gonna be they're all gonna they're all gonna be tough, right, Like every game is tough, Like you're gonna win the national title. Yeah, And it's like there's no there's no like bragging that you made it to like a final four, like maybe to some people for sure, but you're like in the dance to go win the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I feel I feel bad for Oregon, man. I feel like by being the one seed, they're hurt the most, they have the heart, they have the hardest path.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you you know, yeah, they have a buye And you know.
Speaker 4: I'm saying of the four sorry, yeah, you're right, you're right. I'm saying of the four teams that have buys. Like if you look at those four teams, who's coming down the pipe? Like you have to play either Ohio State or Tennessee, right.
Speaker 2: And you know Landing is psychotic enough to kind of love the spot that he's in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what. I mean to talk to him in a minute about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But if you're I mean, if you're Boise State, you gotta feel good. You gotta feel because sm you really could beat Penn State, really could the most favorable though, I think Georgia is in a good spot. You said Penn State gonna win.
Speaker 2: I say, yeah, just watch Penn State win it all.
Speaker 4: There's no way, there's no way.
Speaker 2: This is epic.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, this will just be awesome.
Speaker 2: The college football world finally got a twelve team playoff and everybody's so pissed off of how it worked out. It's just you can't write this up any better, I know.
Speaker 4: And I feel like in the in the middle of the year, it seems so clear the twelve teams, is like, all right, these are the twelve teams. Yeah, and then just October, end of October hit, November started to hit, and it was just went crazy for a while. It got to a point where Will was saying, yes, he sees the best conference. That's how crazy you got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one next week, I'll tell you what, JP, you guys are gonna be handled. You go, you guys gonna be able to handle the fighting ALIONI.
Speaker 7: Bro, We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Handle the fighting a lot.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this team is not built like the rest of these teams in the country where we're not gonna have a ton of guys opt out. Our dudes want to make history. This would be our fifth ten min season in college football. Taylor's laughing. The fourth one came against Michigan.
Speaker 4: No, I'm laughing. I'm laughing. I'm laughing because we were on this bus before and I was like, how are guys gonna do against Illinois're like the Bens, how many guys opt out?
Speaker 10: But no, But I've recently got intel.
Speaker 4: In the last ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know JP's connected out there, then huh. And you guys got a lot of good young players anyway.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we have so many young players will be showing up and it's a big bowl game over Alabama, so that helps from co speak terms of like right, hey, like they wanted us here. Yeah, we gotta let everybody know that we deserve to be in the playoff because we saw last year. Jack and I were talking about it. Florida State, them getting let off, them getting wiped in the bowl game.
Speaker 2: Not a good look. Now, and you see what happened after that, everybody hit the portal.
Speaker 10: So yeah, we got a different culture here. I like Illinois. That's gonna be a good would be like a fun game.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah. Where's the Citrus Bull at Orlando? Okay, so that's kind of the Capitol that's like the Capitol Wombowl?
Speaker 4: Right, No, Citrus buwl has been the Citrus Bowl.
Speaker 2: Capital Bowl is Capital because Capitol Wombole was Orlando because we played you all there January first or second. When's the Citrus Bowl? It's still in Orlano on New Year's Eve? Okay, Yeah, maybe I got that one wrong. It should be good though.
Speaker 10: Our old wide receivers coach he coaches at Illinois, So shout out.
Speaker 2: To who's Bama got, you know who they got Oh, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Alabama seven and five Michigan team going into a three loss Alabama team.
Speaker 2: What's that mean?
Speaker 4: Michigan's in a position, an unfavorable position because Alabama. There was an argument literally last week about why Alabama's being the playoff, people saying Alabama's gonna be in the playoff and now they're playing a seven to five ball club that doesn't put the ball. You guys just took down oh House State, Yeah we did, and so you know we could beat him.
Speaker 2: Don't sound too confident.
Speaker 4: No, I don't. I'm not Larry confident. And I said this last week. I could give two funks about this Bowl game. I do not care at all. Yeah, do another mustache bat now? He wrote the fucking bets again, I could care less about this bowl game. I'm so I'm on twenty twenty five like no one's business right now. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Quarterback just signed herb Street, bak recruit, got herb Street and I saw Herbstreet had a little post excited to watch my son blah blah blah going to Michigan.
Speaker 4: I just commented, say it, say go Blue, say it he didn't. But you know, we'll see, man, we'll see. I'm sure Alabama will figure out a way to make the game close, and we'll just scratch maybe scratch one out, maybe scratch one out.
Speaker 11: We'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the portal seems like Alabama is getting a little umbed in the portal right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was like.
Speaker 11: An hour after they selected the bracket and it just started.
Speaker 4: Guys, just could Alabama and be dead man?
Speaker 2: Five minutes five minutes landing?
Speaker 4: All right, guys, we'll want to any a quick break, but the people in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can. We can rip an ad read and then next time you will see us an here we will have coach Dane Lanning, head coach of the Oregon Ducks, the Big Ten champion.
Speaker 4: You know, we all needed to get a little more of off of our ass. With bold flavors and a refreshing citrus kick, Mountain Dew will get you off your ass and have you feeling like you're an actual mountain dude. Baja blast, cole red, code red voltage, all of it's delicious. Right now in my head, I have this Mountain Dew zero sugar right here. You want all the taste you want all of that taste with out the regret. This is the one for you. A mountain where the weather is always perfect. Your friends are are ready to hang in a day of epic proportions. Oh wait, dude, listen. Any people love to booze it up when you go to tailgates, have yourself an opportunity to grab yourself a due, give yourself, give your soul a tasty tree, putting that in your body, getting ready for extreme fandom. That's what it's all about. The mountain. The mountain is calling, so you should answer. Grab your friends, grab an ice cold mountain dew wherever refreshing beverages are sold, and do the dew. Now let's get in this, Dan Lanning.
Speaker 2: All right, first question, hold on what Wow, we were alive?
Speaker 4: Yeah we started up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are we starting now?
Speaker 4: But we're not just gonna start by saying, first question, this is Dan Lamb. This is a Big ten champion of the Oregon Dust. You're right, you're right. Give him a little bit of lie. That's on me. Yeah he was a first question. Yeah, but this is a good first question.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: How much credit would you say busting with the Boys deserves for showing up this season watching you Beatleha State and you guys kind of went on to go undefeated and run the table.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that very well may have been the spark that we needed, uh, you know, capitalized on this season.
Speaker 7: That we've had.
Speaker 6: But no, to be honest, you guys are deserve just about as much credit as I deserve, no shit, how many places did you How many plays did y'all make for us this season? How many plays did I make? You're right, zero players? Our players deserve that credit. Man, They've worked their tails off. But we certainly enjoy having you guys around.
Speaker 7: You're always welcome here, That's that's for sure.
Speaker 4: During that celebration, it was absolutely beautiful. We lock eyes, you and will see each other. Then you see me. We're the first time we're seeing each other. There's a big grab ass hug. Hey, we did it. The fucking boys are screaming, and then I go in for another hug. You think the second it's over, I go in for a second. Ef. I get excited. Were you throwing off on my second tactic by coming in for that big hug?
Speaker 7: You know a lot of that moment is to blur for me right now?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 6: You know, Uh, but yeah, that wasn't something I was ready for. So, uh, you know, I appreciate you keep me on my toes.
Speaker 2: Got to man, have to your first year in the Big Ten and you guys went undefeated. How are you feeling? How are the guys feeling your first year in the in the conference. I'm sure you're gonna have some great head coach head coach speak answering this question, but there's got to be a little bit of that evil grin that you guys coming to the Big Ten Conference, go undefeated, win the conference championship. How's the message been with the boys? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I told the team yesterday.
Speaker 6: You know what, as coaches, it's so hard not to think about next, like what's next? And we have a team meeting and I said, guys, let's just take a second to recognize what we accomplished, because I know immediately after the game that's exactly what my mind was was, Okay, what's next? Well we got You don't you don't even take an opportunity to really appreciate it, And that's the reality of it.
Speaker 7: You just don't.
Speaker 6: You're thinking about, Okay, who are we playing next, where are we going to be at? How do we prepare for what's our calendar look like. Uh So, we took some time yesterday just to you know, reflect on what we've been able to complish. And you know, I've been you guys have all been a part of it. Places where you might win a game, but it doesn't even feel like you won. And I always told myself, like, when we coach, I want to make sure when we walk off the field with a w you make sure that you have joy in your heart for what you just accomplished. And that's how I feel about this season, Like we accomplished some special things, but we certainly feel like there's still some more food on the table.
Speaker 4: That is beautiful. You talk about accomplishing a lot, especially in the Big Ten. You were you had the opportunity to play the defending national champions at their home and arbora Michigan, and in the fourth quarter you decided to take a nice time out to watch the fans of Michigan leave the stadium and then proceed to score after that. Are you happy that they're not letting a five lost Michigan team into the playoff because of how much that they actually beat Ohio State by more than you guys, did are you be nervous about seeing the Michigan Wolverines right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, so you know you'd be Taylor after our game the other night. You know there's a ton of Orgon fans there, uh, celebrating, and there's this one guy.
Speaker 7: I don't I have no idea what it is. Let me tell you something go blue for you. So, Hey, the Michigan fans are strong. Uh, you know, obviously a story program, really excited.
Speaker 6: We get the opportunity to play teams like that in the Big Ten, so they make this conference special for sure.
Speaker 2: What a politically correct answer, Yeah, such a pro I want to know the psychotic speech that you had before the Penn State game. You see that the clips coming out. You're bashing Washington Husky helmets at halftime. What was you know? I know you got that little Apex predators in the Big Ten? What was the speech? Are we are we able to get a little inside look at what you said to the fellas?
Speaker 6: Yeah, uh, and it'll be you know how we do our recap, so that'll be popping out probably today tomorrow, I assume from our our media team. But we talked a little bit about being keystone species before we ever came into this conference, and kind of what a keystone species is a species that gets introduced into the environment and completely changes the environment.
Speaker 7: And this was kind of the keystone.
Speaker 6: This was the last piece of us getting you know, put into the Big Ten. Uh and what the season you know, played out to become. And it's really a storyline that we've kind of had all season. So you like you talk about the wolves getting introduced to Yellowstone and how that affected the population.
Speaker 7: We felt the same way about us.
Speaker 6: Being introduced in the Big Ten, and there were some things that we had to accomplish to go do that.
Speaker 2: Juice me the fu that they said the wolves getting introduced to yellow He's he hit the keystone thing too before the Ohio steak aam goddamn.
Speaker 4: He really is a wordsmith.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh talk about the leadership of Tess Johnson, So they're obviously him what we're laughing about.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just thinking Tes Oh Tes makes me test Tes brings joy to my heart.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So in the in the fourth quarter of the Bath and Championship game, both of you guys are quorded as saying he came up to you and saying he needs your best fifteen minutes. What's it like when a player of that caliber comes up to you and talks like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my first reaction was like, hey, man, shit, I need your field.
Speaker 4: I'm not playing yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: But I love the fact that you know, Test is focused in that moment. You know, our focus is a team in that moment. We needed it. We needed every second of everybody's best effort in that fourth quarter because obviously you're playing a good a good Penn State team. But Test brings it every day. Man, he's got a juice and enthusiasm that's really rare. You know, the night before the game, he's texted me about coach, can I go to the stadium early so I can see how the lights are, And you know, he went over with our equipment manager.
Speaker 13: He calls me on the way back, he goes, the lights aren't going to be a problem. I feel good about it.
Speaker 6: He was great because he went off for like one hundred and eighty one yards, So the lights were not a problem for Test. But just his his focus, how much just being on the field. You know, he's one of these guys that really love football. It's not about everything else that exists right now in college football. For tests, it's about, you know, going out there and playing catch like you're out in the school yard or on the park.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: He just loves playing ball, which I love coaching guys like that.
Speaker 4: And that fourth quarter when was getting a little bit closer, was the statistic of James Franklin versus top five teams in the back of your head, knowing that it's probably gonna work out for you no matter what.
Speaker 7: It was. It was not. You guys are trying to get me.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: You're doing a great job too.
Speaker 2: You're with the boys, You're one of the boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're bobbing and weaving right now.
Speaker 2: Do you look at how you guys are positioned at all in the in the bracket. Obviously, you guys got a job to do. Your focus on the next thing. You got so many other things going on. But the college football world's kind of on fire right now talk saying things like it. It seems like Oregon they went undefeated, they're the one seed, and uh they got punished for their one seed because of you got Tennessee and Ohio State. The way the bracket is shaken out, do you see it that way. Do you put pay any mind to it?
Speaker 6: No, because it doesn't matter, right, Like, who cares? Uh, that's outside noise. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: Like at the end of the day, all we can control is what we do with our opportunity. And this is an unbelievable opportunity.
Speaker 6: Don't think there's anybody that can deny, Like if we take care of its like we deserved it.
Speaker 7: We've earned it, and that's.
Speaker 2: All we want.
Speaker 7: We don't want handoffs, right.
Speaker 6: You know, a couple of our guys said to me yesterday, coach, go put the ball down in the parking lot.
Speaker 7: We don't care, like they just want.
Speaker 1: To go play.
Speaker 6: And the fact that you get to play elite teams when an opportunity for us.
Speaker 7: And it doesn't mean it's going to be easy. Man, It's going to take some hard work.
Speaker 6: And you know, being a part of championship teams in the past, it means the ball is gonna have to bounce the right way at times too.
Speaker 7: Write like it. It takes some good fortunes, some good luck.
Speaker 6: But you want to do so much in your preparation that you can eliminate you know, those variables, the factors of luck, right, you want to be able to eliminate luck based on the way you prepare.
Speaker 7: You know, for those moments.
Speaker 4: After the bracket draw, you were quoted as saying winning a national championship isn't supposed to be easy. Obviously you watch the bracket draw with your team when you're when those first round of games are going on.
Speaker 7: We actually didn't watch it with our team.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, I apology. That's that's bad. That's about journalism on my part. I apologize.
Speaker 6: No, no, I just like it didn't matter. Like so I'm just trying to give you the illustration like we don't care.
Speaker 2: You don't care?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when when when that first round of games are going on? What is Are you gonna watch it with the team? Are you gonna watch it by yourself? Are you gonna watch it at all? Or just the wait wait for the film to come out? What's your play on that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll practice that morning. So I'll practice that morning and then I'll watch it by myself. Our staff will watch it individually by ourselves, and at that point we kind of have a game plan for both teams and try to pick a lane and figure out what's different within that game.
Speaker 2: Being a head coach. Obviously, you're you're in the you're in the playoffs. How is your How do you prioritize or compartmentalize the portal opening up and while also focusing on winning a national title, because I assume that's got to be stressful with you know, again, the portals opening up, you probably have players that might be sneaking around or sniffing around the portal, or you have guys out there that you're wanting to get to Oregon. How do you kind of compartmentalize that and attack those different angles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have a great organization, right, and I'm really fortunate to have great people here.
Speaker 7: I mean, we have a personel department.
Speaker 6: That's their focus, right, What's what our roster looks like in the future, and what you know, becomes available to help our team be better in the future. So I try to make sure that everybody in the organization is farming their land, right. Don't worry about farming somebody else's land. You've got a job to do for our team. Make sure you're alert for what your job is and on top of it. When I ask you a question, you got to be able to fill me in. And we got to be prepared for it, and then I have to be involved in that, you know, like recruiting is a it's an everyday thing in our organization.
Speaker 7: It's not just a sometimes thing.
Speaker 13: And part of that's recruiting your own roster, right, Like we've done a really good job building a great roster here.
Speaker 6: We got great players that I want back that roll. Their role is going to grow, you know in the future. We got great players, you know that maybe their roles already big, and we got to get them back again, you know, to continue to continue that. So way more worried about the team that we already have than what we're going to add.
Speaker 7: But we want to be able to.
Speaker 6: Add the right pieces and we'll certainly always you know, keep options open for us in the future.
Speaker 4: Here, this this was is more of like a curios curiosity from a recruiting standpoint. When you're flying these players into the Pacific Northwest and they have to fly into Portland then drive two hours down, Like, what's your selling point Because a lot of times you hear about guys like hey, your family can come see you. It's much more difficult to get to organ to watch your kids play. How do you like combat that with all the traveling.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I think that's something you talk about sacrifice. What do you want? Do you want best or you want most convenient?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Like if I was picking most convenient, right, I'd be coaching at William Jewel College. Right, that's thirty minutes down the road, shoat out the same opportunity I get at Oregon.
Speaker 7: Right? So what am I picking? Do I want best or most convenient?
Speaker 6: Like when you get drafted in the NFL and you get drafted by the Buffalo Bills, guess we're your ass is going to move to Buffalo, Right, That's.
Speaker 8: How it works.
Speaker 6: So why not challenge yourself early in college to step outside the box, learn what it's like to live away from home and find something that's a little bit harder. And is that sacrifice worth it three years later, four years later, was it worth it going to the best opportunity rather than the easiest opportunity or the most convenient opportunity?
Speaker 1: Like for me?
Speaker 7: What matters winning?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: Is that higher on your list than convenience? It is for me?
Speaker 6: Right, Like my entire families from Missouri, We'll figure out how to get them out of here for games and the good news is you can fly into Eugene. Well you don't have to fly into Portland. So it's not supposed to be easy, right, it's not supposed to be easy, but uh, it's worth it. That's the key.
Speaker 2: So are you telling us your first one of these playoff games that you'll get the busting with the boys fellows comp for some tickets.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have no idea that.
Speaker 6: Like, here's who handles tickets. I'll send you Sophia's number. That's my wife. I said, don't talk about tickets, and I want to know about tickets. So Fia Landing is in charge of tickets. But I would love to have you guys sit in the section here. I'll shoot her a text afterwards. If you guys want to show up, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: And then we're just sneak on the field in the fourth quarter to celebrate again.
Speaker 7: Right, whatever whatever it takes.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 7: How you guys did it last time? Did you guys like pull?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I mean you're like you talked about you talk about your organization like you guys were some of the best hosts that we've had, Like.
Speaker 4: You, you would have thought we played for Oregon the way they seated us. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, legit, And so we were on the sideline and everything else, so we were able just to beat on there. And then when that play happens, it's kind of like we're just mosey on the field because everybodys talking about stor in the field, and then you happen to be on my right.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh fuck, he's right there. Let me tell let's do this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's awesome. Give me a point of growth.
Speaker 6: What can we do better when you guys were here, what was What's something that another school has done better that we haven't done as well?
Speaker 2: Fellas is question? Did you hear his question?
Speaker 4: That is a good question.
Speaker 7: You're not going to hurt our feelings. We're growth oriented, man. We will figure out how we can improve if.
Speaker 2: We maybe maybe if we if we could go live for pregame in the locker room for your pregame speech, that's probably yeah, Because again I'm sitting here thinking like there's really nothing.
Speaker 4: Truly well taken care of. Maybe a private jet straight in the Eugene that's nice, right, some sort of catering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the game would be good too, ye yeah, yeah, Well we'll throw some we'll Oh, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: JP.
Speaker 4: The traffic getting out of the game was hectic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, police escort, We got a police escort.
Speaker 1: Be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah that's now we're thinking, So what's talk about growth oriented? You've got? We got we have now when we come to the playoff game, we'll see what you got to do for us. There you go, Yeah, I love it. I figured my next question is kind of asking for another thing. And I don't want to pile on, but just Pilon william One of the teams that are also in the College Football Playoff is a s U. They won the Big Twelve after being they said they're going to be lasting the Big Twelve last year. We did coach their spring game. Oh this is a good one, and you saw how many success they've had. Is there any interest in having two interim head coaches during the Oregon spring game this spring? You don't have to answer that now, maybe says not Like headset on.
Speaker 6: I thought I was wondering if we'd ever get the opportunity to have you guys on our sidelines.
Speaker 7: So we definitely need a visit about this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, let me call zero. Let me call zero next and here's.
Speaker 4: The thought too, it doesn't have to be me versus will Maybe we get another podcast involved and we coach against that podcast. Possibly the pivot to bear something like that.
Speaker 6: You know what we've done here in our past that's been really cool is we bring back alumni to coach, you know, in games, like we've had Lemichael come back and coach games. Mark like, so we love Marcus Marioto's so maybe opposite you guys are some some uh, you know players I.
Speaker 4: Would love to take down Market. I would love to take down Marcus. And we'll holster it. We'll hot put that in the back pocket. Yeah, let's win a Natty and then we'll revisit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, revisit.
Speaker 4: That will be probably the first text he gets when Hey, congrats in the National Championship.
Speaker 2: We were talking about the spring game on the podcast.
Speaker 4: You remember, by the way, we like golf streams as well. When you flies into your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'd actually we'd love to have you here in Nashville and host you on the bus.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd love to get on the bus at some point. Yeah, we'll see, Uh, we'll see if we can ever make that happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll dial that in coach.
Speaker 2: Good luck man. We appreciate you for joining the show. Seriously, it's been fucking awesome. It's been awesome watching you guys this year. You're friends with us. You know your boy like you give You've given me hell about the Huskers, Like I don't have a dog in the fight, so you know what the fuck I'm talking about. I got, I got, I lost the bet. You know we lost the high yea, So I'm up here. I gotta wear George Kittle's helmet. I've had to wear George Kittle's helmet on the episode. Like I don't have a dog in the fight. But I am rooting for you guys and nothing but success. I hope you guys go fucking win the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Bro I did for well whatever, everything We'll just said. I'm the same way. Go ducks. Yeah, let's have a let's have a hell of a couple of games, but let's finish it up.
Speaker 7: Taylor, it looks like it's starting to come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do we got like that? That like twelve year old dust just coming up on the upper lept. I'm looking at a couple of guys in the back that have a phenomenal facial hair. If they're in the position I was, they had already have their mustache back. So it's coming slowly. But I appreciate you checking the me in these hard times.
Speaker 7: Hey, just trust the process.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: Shout out to the committee too. Man, shout out to the committee.
Speaker 2: Hey, shout out to the committee. All love and support to the committee. Love the Committee, Appius, appreciate you. See you shout out the boy Landing joining the fellas. But before we get into Coach Dillingham, head coach of the Arizona State sun Devils, the NFL season is rolling along and the contenders are separating from the pack. The one thing that hasn't changed the season. DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sportsbook partner of the NFL, is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Fade to the corn of the end zone, running back, bricks through the line, and galp sixty yards of the score.
Speaker 4: We don't care how they get them.
Speaker 2: We want them to bet on touchdowns, and DraftKings is the best place to do it. If you're ready to place your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player scoring a touchdown. Go to the DraftKings Sportsbook gap and make your pick and here's a reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance of their own. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with the DraftKings sportsbook Gap the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the app and use code bus. That's code bus Bus for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. When you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings, the crown is yours. And now we will get to the interview with coach Dillingham.
Speaker 4: Ladies, jentlemen, let me introduce a man that I actually went to high school with, a man that is his partner in crime, Charlie Ragel, who's a special teams coach at the school. Pick Last to be the Big Twelve, has now won the Big Twelve Championship and has a buy into the College Wall playoff. Kenny dilly Hamleys, gentlemen, Valley dude, how we feel like you've got to be on cloud nine right now. When you came in, you wanted ASU to be that fucking team and you have officially turned them into that fucking team. How does it feel to have that fucking team? You cried at the press conference.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm fired up. I mean, our guys are fired up. I mean I did cry at my press conference.
Speaker 8: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 8: The Internet. The Internet last forever, just like me arguing with the lot the refs. You know, it never goes away. But uh no, I'm fired up. I mean the valley's fired up.
Speaker 13: People are juiced up around here about ASU football, and I mean the reality is there's not many better places to live in the country than Phoenix, Arizona. So if we can create a good product, we can prove that we can develop people and win a lot of football games.
Speaker 8: I mean, hot, damn you.
Speaker 2: You got to have a nice chip on your shoulder. Knowing that when you came from the Pac Twelve into the Big Twelve, that you guys were projected last in the conference this year, and then to have the season you've had win the Big Twelve championship, that has to feel incredible. Is that something you've taken time to think about?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean it's just wild, to be honest, Like, when you're we weren't picked like fifteenth or like fourteenth or like thirteenth.
Speaker 8: Were picked like sixteenth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 13: Wasn't even close, like the margin of where we were to even be fifteenth in terms of votes. It was like significantly sixteenth. So there's a testament to our guys. Man, our guys have a chip on their shoulder. They play with a chip on their shoulder, like they play like dudes that have something to prove.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 13: You know, I said earlier in the year, we're a bunch of misfits and underdogs thrown into freaking Paradise City and they've managed to make you.
Speaker 8: Know, they managed to making it one of the best seasons.
Speaker 4: In a history in ASU history. We a couple a couple of years ago when we coached your spring game, I got to watch on the opposing team a young white running back run all over my squad for a little bit, not knowing he's about to take the world by storm. Young Scataboo. He was in his press conference after the game saying he should be a Heisman guy. Whoever whatever NFL team drafts him as getting a gym. What do you have to say about a guy like that speaking that bluntly at a press conference. A lot of coaches like their guys to be more vanilla, say hey, just yes or noser type of answers. But this guy is saying, ay, I should be I should be a Heisman candidate here. I should be a guy that should possibly be taking home that hardware.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I want my guys to be them. I want my guys to be cookie cutter. I want my guys to be who they are right and hopefully they're respectful enough to not say absolutely crazy things. But for him to have confidence in himself to believe he's the best running back in the country.
Speaker 8: Would I want him to think he's not? I mean, are you kidding me? I want the to do doo things.
Speaker 13: He's the best player in the country, and he's the most disrespected dude in the country. Because that's what makes him great is he plays with the chip on his shoulder every day is he shows up, he wakes up out of bed with a chip on his shoulder. He shows up, you know, I mean a little bit crazy, his hair's out of control, shows the team meeting room like I mean, like he's about to get after it. Let's just say, every single day he's just one of those guys you're like, oh my goshly what happened to him?
Speaker 8: And it's just repeat, repeat, repeat, And.
Speaker 13: That's how he plays. So I support it. I think he should be there in New York. I think he's one hundred percent one of the guys who should finish in the top five for the Heisman. I mean, look what he's done, not only for the statistics of what he's done, Look how he's changed and part partly changed a team that.
Speaker 8: Was picked sixteenth to winning.
Speaker 13: It's not just what he does in the field, it's the culture and the freaking juice that he brings every single day, which is why we're winning.
Speaker 2: How was your Saturday shacking up? Obviously, you guys beat the breaks off Iowa State. Are you sitting there without a worry in the world that you guys are going to get that by game? Or you watching the Clemson SMU game unfold and then when it ended the way it did, are you thinking, hey, we might have we might have just got ourselves a bye week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, people still don't think we're very good. So and that's good. That's how it should be.
Speaker 13: So I was sitting there, you know, saying we need a Clemson to win to get the buy because you know, I don't think enough people have watched how hard our guys play, the complimentary football they play with, the physicality they that they play with to.
Speaker 8: Really know who we are.
Speaker 13: We're still kind of this team that's like, oh wow, that's cute. They're there, and that's great. That's where I want to be, you know, I want to I want to be in there. So we were definitely waiting, you know, us and the staff were out at the mission. I don't know if you guys remember that the mission the Mexican restaurant in Old Town Scottsdale.
Speaker 8: Right, we were out there watching the game and we.
Speaker 13: Were going crazy when he made that fifty seven yard kick. You know, I think we may send, you know, Coach Sweeney, like a gift basket or something over there to them.
Speaker 4: You talked about you going viral on the internet never dies. One thing that was just electric this year is you guys having uh a fan base storm the field twice. And what what was the process like seeing the refs say, hey, we're gonna put one more second back on the clock, getting all of those fans off, seeing the video of a fan actually sitting in the blue tent of BYU. Do you see that clip because he's an ASU fan sitting in a blue tent BYU's blue ten waiting to restorm the field. What was that that ten minutes like waiting for a one more play that they actually almost they caught the ball like they were two yards away from winning.
Speaker 13: I mean, it was like being in It wasn't real, Like we're like, whoa, the game ended. There's thirty thousand people on the I'm having people jumping on my back. My security is we're gone. My wife is on the field giving me a kiss for winning the game. And then they're like, oh, no, one more. And I'm like, I don't have no clue where to even begin here. I don't even know where we start. How do we clear the field? How do we get them back? Is there going to be thirty thou fifteen yard penalties for too many guys in the field. I don't know the rules for this, and uh, it was just a surreal moment.
Speaker 8: And uh, but when you look back at.
Speaker 13: This season of just craziness from sixteenth, from worst to first, what's that song started from the bottom that we have started from the bottom right.
Speaker 7: And when you.
Speaker 13: Look back at that, is there any other thing that could have happened? Then, for the second time this year, a second to be put back in the clock because it happened to us in Texas state as well. It was the second time in one year we had a second added to the clock. And what else could you want? An absolute craziness in a year like this?
Speaker 2: Taylor?
Speaker 4: What you got?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: In the and then I had one? I just didn't know what you know?
Speaker 4: I didn't know for my next question, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I was going to ask, so I get my train of thought back. What is your message like in the locker room after that game? What is your message like to the team that now that you've had a couple of days to see the bracket shake up like it has, I'm sure you got a bunch of hungry dogs just ready to play whoever it is.
Speaker 4: How have you.
Speaker 2: Angled all of your messaging with the guys, especially since you also have portal season coming up?
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, one, we've had our exit most a lot of our exit interviews with our guys, probably fifty percent of our guys.
Speaker 8: Just explaining what it's going to look like for next year and.
Speaker 13: Having really transparent conversations because of the portal, even with guys like hey, if do you want to play or do you want.
Speaker 8: To be on the team, what are you looking for? I don't see you playing here.
Speaker 13: So if you do want to play college football, let us help you find a spot where we think you can play at. You can say on the team if you want finish the season out, but I want to help you find another spot if that's what you're looking to do. So we've had all those conversations. The one thing about me with our guys is the it's about as transparent as you can get. There's no really sugarcoating things like I'll sit in a meeting room and call it out is in front of a team, I'll sit one on one with you and have really transparent conversations.
Speaker 8: So I think for us it's the same message of you.
Speaker 13: Know, we're sitting there having an unbelievable moment as a team, something that hasn't happened here in a long time.
Speaker 8: And then people are saying, man, these.
Speaker 13: Teams lucked out because they get to play Arizona State in the second round, like that, If that doesn't bother you if you don't work your butt off to go from sixteenth the first in a conference and you're listening in this moment that you're gonna remember forever and people are talking about how you know, people got a good draw as they get to play you, and that doesn't inspire you to get back to work.
Speaker 8: I don't know what does?
Speaker 2: How are those some of those conversations, Like just as far as like transparency goes, Like you guys have a hell of a year that you do. There's obviously talent on your football team, and some of that talent is now in a spot to where maybe they want to hit the portal to go to a bigger or prettier school or make more money. Yeah, make more money. Like what are those put us? If you can whatever you can tell us, put us in that office on having those conversations, because I'm sure they're being had.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, Well, I think it's different with every kid because of the transparency. There's so much fake out there with all this money right now that I just have really transparent conversations. Hey, you're probably not gonna play on Sundays or I think you're a back end of the draft guy. If you come back. Anybody who promise you you more money than this dollar amount is just full of crap.
Speaker 8: There's lying to you.
Speaker 13: And or hey, you're gonna get offered way more money by somebody else to leave.
Speaker 8: I already know it, Like you're a high level dude. Do you want to be here?
Speaker 13: And I think the crazy part about this football team is every kid I've met with has said I want.
Speaker 8: To be here, Like coach, I love it here. Nobody could get me to leave now.
Speaker 13: I'm also aware that at the end of the day, money talks at some point, and so I'm not naive to that conversation.
Speaker 8: But our guys want to be here. I mean, I mean this is.
Speaker 13: It's sixty five degrees outside right now, and it's blue skies, Like our kids are in paradise here.
Speaker 8: We're not miserable. I have a massage share in my office that are starting.
Speaker 13: Safety comes and sits in even if I'm not in here right We have a basketball open our team meeting room which we play horse and pig before every single team meeting. We have a lot of fun winning and isn't that the goal of life when you enjoy it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can do all this other stuff. If you're miserable your.
Speaker 13: Entire life in the process, I don't care how much money you're gonna be miserable. We have a lot of fun winning a lot of games right now.
Speaker 2: What's a what are you like, Uh, what would be a move from you? Say you have a good kid who wants to stay there and he is getting offered a lot more money elsewhere are you taking that conversation? Are you going to the NIL collective? Like are you trying to have meetings with other people to try and make it all work and happen, like give an example of it.
Speaker 8: Like, I definitely educate people on what's happening. For sure.
Speaker 13: I can't be involved directly with NIL conversations, not just NCA rule, but I can definitely inform people of the market for both sides, got which kind of like, you know, that's just so weird weird rules right now. But I definitely inform people like, listen, this guy's getting offered a lot more from another school right now, and inform the people and go from there.
Speaker 8: But I know this, like this is it's crazy times.
Speaker 13: But the fact that our team is I mean, they're still focused on winning through all of this.
Speaker 1: Mess.
Speaker 8: And that's what's different about our guys.
Speaker 13: Our guys just want to win, like they truly want to win football games. That's their priority, and that's rare in today's day and age.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, Uh, in the BAG twelve championship game, in the second half, you guys are up. I believe it was forty five to seven. Your nickel Shamari Simmons comes off the edge and absolutely puts a beautiful, in my opinion, a textbook hit on the quarterback. He's called for targeting there and is ejected from the game. Is there an appeal process that you can go through to get him in the game when your buy is over and all that, because it seemed just watching him back over and over again, like, yeah, the crown of his helmet does hit the under under the face mask, however, it's like his face is up. Quarterbacks faces up. No one's in a position to be injured from where their spine would be. How do you go about that process?
Speaker 13: Yeah, we've already you know, I've already talked to the commercial of the league. I've already talked to the head of football for the league. And then where we are filing an appeal. You know, he came off the edge and I asked him about it. He said, he literally saw the quarterback looking in the other direction, so he like went through it in his head. In those for moments, keep your head up so we don't get targeting. Like he said, he like consciously did that. And you can see right at the end, the quarterback turns his head because he notices Shamari coming and he ducks a little bit, which actually is what his face max to hit the neck area, right. So you know, I think that's a decision that they got to make from their team or whoever makes.
Speaker 8: Those decisions on what it is. But it would be really unfortunate.
Speaker 13: For a senior to have his head up to go to make a play like that, to be the worst team in the league and now you win the league, to have a chance to play one of your last college football games in your career, and that play take away half of that college football is about the players. We should not take away half of a moment that he should have for the rest of his life due to that play. I think it's close enough that it could be called either way that I think it should lean towards allowing that kid to play.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Is there any part of you that watches that unfold and you're thinking, I should I should have sad him, I should have had him on the bench since we're just mopping these boys out here.
Speaker 13: There is that was actually our last drive, So that was his last play that I mean, if they that would have gotten us off the field because that was still the third quarter.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was gonna be to she's even worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it makes it. Hey, defense is your last drive. You guys handle business out here. You guys are done for the rest.
Speaker 4: Basically, your championship game is a preseason game. Hey, we're getting guys out of here arresting. When you look at who could be playing next Clemson or Texas and you have this this vision of Texas to teen p PCU kind of wants Texas right now to stop them in the ground. That where you start getting those recruits, isn't it.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 13: A lot of our guys are from Texas, so I mean when they that's exciting for them from that perspective.
Speaker 8: I really don't care we play.
Speaker 13: I mean, either way, we're gonna be not favored We're probably gonna be double double digit underdogs in either team versus either squad, So I mean double digit underdogs. You know, across the country. We were close to getting a game in the Fiesta Baal. Instead we got.
Speaker 8: A game almost as far away as possible.
Speaker 13: And I'm worried game in the Chick fil A Bowl where it's gonna be an away game and uh as the underdogs.
Speaker 8: So I'm excited. I mean our guys.
Speaker 13: There's something about our guys that's different and that's what excites me. And I'll say this, it goes back in all stems from one moment. I really believe it. I think it all stems from our first spring game and the motivational speeches that were given in that game by the two head coaches. Yeah, were transformative, that it was not something that was gonna change that season, but something that was going to change a program in the future.
Speaker 8: And it dates back to those two speeches.
Speaker 2: Found and people who have no clue we're talking about, we'll go ahead and run these for you.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: I took this job for one reason.
Speaker 14: That reason is about to be explained in about sixty minutes.
Speaker 7: We're gonna win this fucking.
Speaker 8: Game in three areas.
Speaker 14: We're gonna air rate the fuck out of the Bottomb's over fucking back. Then turned off one hit talk ship. We're gonna talk ship, They're gonna have fun, and we gotta win into the fucking trenches. I'm here, rumors we're a little light in the ass up from Hey, what day I'm gonna talk about we need energy all game. We need an hour of your time. Trust me, I know you guys want to chase ass. Seven minute quarters, fourth quarters, and I need the whole sidelo the entire time, the first time we scored, the entire fucking sideline, the celebrating, the ins, everybody celebrate.
Speaker 8: Guys, We're gonna.
Speaker 14: Fuck these things ass, and when we do, we're gonna take their women.
Speaker 8: We're gonna drink down here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonnagether hey, and we're gonna show play four quarters of.
Speaker 4: How you doing. My first off, I'm Taylor, the one from Arizona.
Speaker 15: We're playing out, Yes, the Gold team playing Will fuck Will's team.
Speaker 8: They give me this dainty ass hall sheet, this.
Speaker 14: Couple.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna find out who the playmakers are.
Speaker 8: In the first couple of serials.
Speaker 16: One, I'm gonna look at Chelseay do what the fuck you want?
Speaker 8: That time about wild.
Speaker 9: Confidence house costs.
Speaker 8: There's three types of players.
Speaker 15: There's bad players who do not know the rules, there's good players who know the rules, and there's fucking us, the ones that use the rules to their advantage. Find out we can get away with it and do business as business is being done. They run that fucking scorecard up and if we have a chance to go for two, we're going for two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you for you? You got anything else? No, I just want The only thing I want to do is check it out.
Speaker 1: My boy.
Speaker 4: How's Regel doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: He just fired up beyond belief, put a couple back the other day, having a great time.
Speaker 8: Fired up.
Speaker 13: I mean I may have to have him tell the story worry about his dog chasing the tennis ball?
Speaker 4: Yes, that that would be top three. That it was unbelievable.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: We were actually going back and forth about if we crossed past Chapero, but you ended up getting what you hurt your your senior year, your hurt. And then I came in after your senior season was over and you were coaching JV and all that. Man, it's so awesome to see where you where you came from, and what you're doing now, and the fact that ASU finally has a guy that truly wants to be there and not as a stepping stone. It's awesome. I'm happy for you. I'm happy for Arizona and all you guys.
Speaker 8: Man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: The uh there is there are a couple of question marks about your a cl tear. A lot of your seventeen year career in coaching stemmed because you tore your a cl Is that because you were playing or because you were just as a student. Just to clear that up, Just to clear that up for everybody there.
Speaker 13: But there's levels of playing. I would consider myself participating. Word, I mean I was. I was participating at that point on the team. Uh, not really playing and uh it actually happened playing like uh, I don't know what it was like pick up basketball or something in the offseason.
Speaker 8: It didn't even happen play football.
Speaker 2: Oh that's brutal, fucking basketball man, fucking bast us.
Speaker 8: What ruins people?
Speaker 4: Sure, what are you saying? Go ahead and say it, say it, say it on the mic.
Speaker 2: Sure it back with the game?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sure are we running it back for the spring game.
Speaker 13: I mean, if the Boys want to make it happen, I think we should do a boys versus somebody else, challenge the Boys versus another pod or another group, and I think we should have a uh, we should have a duel out there.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that idea.
Speaker 4: We'll go ahead and pencil that in. Now.
Speaker 2: We love those combo Yeah, we love those conbos. After the playoff, when you get into the offseason, trust us, we will be in that group.
Speaker 4: Focus on now and then we will talk to you the minute it's all over.
Speaker 8: Sounds great.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you, brother, Thank you so much for coming on. Good luck for you guys man, this is awesome.
Speaker 8: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Go Devils, go Devils. Forks up, Boys forks up. It's been activated. Sorry, sorry, that's a shocker.
Speaker 2: YEA. For a second.
Speaker 4: Post, you said activate the value. That was your whole thing, Activate the valley. It feels like the valley is activated. What's the next thing, what's the next shirt? The next slogan national chat is.
Speaker 8: The slogan keep it at Rock. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Activating continued continue to activate the valley.
Speaker 13: I made that up in the middle of my speech, and then people were like, this is great.
Speaker 8: I didn't prepare for that. That just gonna happen.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: That is awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, coach, I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two Legendsy that was awesome. Yeah, shout out you for getting that done. Sunday night text, Hey, this might be happening.
Speaker 2: I mean, bro, wh're we're in you know, not the flex, but we'll be sitting there in group chats with them. You got coach Landing asking while you had to shave your mustache. You got Dilling him obviously he's your boy. We got to coach of that spring game. And they're sitting there on you know, in this moment. Obviously they have much to accomplish and they're focused on doing that. But as a fan, you're sitting there, like, man, they're on top of the mountain right now, winning the Big ten, winning the Big twelve. See if they'll just join the boys on the next episode.
Speaker 4: And it would be sick to coach in those spring games. Yeah, bro, a lot of juice.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I was fascinated too, Like, I don't know all the intricacies of like the nil and the illegal stuff, what he can and can't do, but as he's sitting there talking through I'm like, yeah, it does like you you're sitting there, the portal's opening, the windows open until like late December. Yeah, you're trying to prepare her to win a national title. And I'm sure you're still having conversations like you could have a good kid who wants to stay there, they would want to figure it out. It's like, you know, how are I wonder how those conversations unfold, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And it's interesting just the way Dillingham talks. You can just see the absolutely gray area in the wild West, in the nil being like I can educate people, right, I can give it FA say, we need to get this guy more money, but he can tell the right people. Hey, right, he's being offered this. Do what you want with that information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm sure you're gonna get some kids who either aren't playing, they're gonna go to the portal and they're gonna go elsewhere where. He's being transparent with them. There might be some kids there's a little discon art, you know, they might have feel slighted some way, and they might be talented players that they're probably gonna go hit the portal. You got some kids that are wanting to stay and figuring out how to stay, Like, let me just get a little bump here a little. But because so transactional on the college football, it's nuts.
Speaker 11: I could see them having a lot of kids transfer. I don't know, this isn't disrespectful, but laterally like teams that are that same level. But they're like, I like what's going on there?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Got you? Yeah, I see what you're saying. Yeah, you know, there's nothing nothing as U right, And dell Ham's right, like a SU is a school that no one's looking at that logo and shaking in their boots when they think about football, and he's got a chance to make a massive statement that second round of the playoffs because they probably are going to open up as a double digit underdogs again, whether it's Clemson or Texas.
Speaker 11: Yeah, if you have a lower like a not as good big team or not as good SEC team, you might be like, shit, I'll go to ASU win big twelves in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt. And some of these schools are like not like stepping stones, but ultimately it's like, hey, if you want to get to the bigger show. It's like if you're in the Mountain West on a on a boys or one of those teams in that conference, and then you want to move up to a Big twelve, Like there's there's so much going on. Like I was talking to a coach recently and this is outside of the Nebraska world, but from a prominent brand, a prominent school that basically says like what the moment the season ends, and you go into these exit meetings like it's ultimately like, hey, here's my price to stay. And it's not even like you know, when you go in after a season in college, like I remember, you're sitting with your position coach. Then you go and sit with the coordinator, you go and sit with the head coach, and you're talking to all them about things that you can get better on, where you want to see improvement thanks to attack in the off season, and you're trying to look at your development as a player and how you're going to take the next next step the next year. Now it's like those conversations don't even take place. It's more of like the kids are walking into the office having an exit meetium. It's like, here's what my agent's telling me. Here's what we gotta get to to make it work, which is I do not envy being a college coach from that standpoint because there's no cap, there's no actual free agency. It's like the portal opens, your guys either going in or they don't. They got people in their ear from every different angle, whether it's agent, family, anybody, friend just saying maybe it's a player from another school, and it'say, hey, Taylor, I'm hearing over here in Nebraska like we can get you. You know, this left tackle is getting half a million dollars, so I'm hearing that we can get you like seven point fifty. And you're over there at Michigan and this could be just fucking DMS. Then all of a sudden, you're going into your coach's room kind of saying that just hear saying you're trying to posture it, and now I'm hearing that I can get this. It might not even be from a real, a credible source, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just nuts and it just sucks too. He's like, what's gonna happen in the next four or five years after Nil's fully taking place and you haven't been able to kind of get on these kids about development, about like their skill level of what they need to work on stuff like that is, are we gonna see maybe a h go downhill a little bit as far from like a skills standpoint, because you're not there shaping all those tools all the time. Right, Maybe the end of the NFL will be affected by this, because if you're if you're Dan or Dilly and you're talking to these kids like you have, there has to be a level of like you have to be hard on people as well when you want them to grow. And some of these kids are just seeing a dollar sign and if you're gonna be hard on them, they're like, well, I can get more money, and this coach is an asshole when the grass is not always greener on the other side. It's just it's such a crazy world.
Speaker 11: Do you think there's a chance that it could plateau after the four or five years probably longer where kids are not you know, right now, it's how can I get it and get it now quick? Do you think that burns out after a while.
Speaker 7: It's like okay, like.
Speaker 11: I'm getting money, but I still want to play and win, Like I don't want to just play to collect money.
Speaker 4: You think that some point, I don't think that's the answer. I hate Here's what I really think is gonna happen with an i OL. There is going to be a massive scandal in the next three to five years about an EYE and how things are going on. How like these gray areas are kind of like being like the boundaries are just there's really no regulation. Something uh significant is going to happen an i L. And that's what's gonna cause everyone to kind of sit back. Okay, we need to make a committee on this thing, an NCAA type of thing. There's gonna be a cap, there's gonna be these rules. There's this period, and there's that period, and there's gonna be more of a structure similar to NFL Free agency. Well, you can't just sit there and be like you can get this much in the middle of October. You have to wait till these periods. And there's even a tampering period that you can have in the NFL. Right, But there's gonna be clear cut rules. After some crazy scandal comes out, you know, or something happened, and then we look back at it and we found like a Reggie Bush type of situation. Where they're like you hear this happened, and because of that, all this changes. That's that. That's what I think is gonna happen with the nil Jack. You were gonna say something earlier.
Speaker 9: Breaking news related to this. Dereck Henry has cut his dreads off.
Speaker 1: What the.
Speaker 9: Inst but corn rows but he caught like a good foot of dad off.
Speaker 2: The playoff arc is going to be crazy so much.
Speaker 4: Oh my word, a.
Speaker 2: New king, Henry. Why don't you get that cut?
Speaker 4: That's crazy, dude. R I p the beasting the bumblebee. I know, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Give for him.
Speaker 4: We'll see if it helps the influence.
Speaker 1: That's the influence.
Speaker 2: It's a gift her a curse. You see Kyler Murray right now? Oh and three, since that new map dropped on Black Ops six near the graphic coop and to your point two g on like stuff plateauing, I don't think players will necessarily know it until you have enough data on guys whether they made it to the NFL, they didn't make it to the NFL. You have underclassmen making substantially more than guys who are you have cut their teeth into the locker room like all that stuff will work out to where eventually, I do think that there will be some type of cap almost it's like there has to be. You see Beelma coming out being like, hey, with the money we spend, we spend a quarter of with some of these other teams.
Speaker 1: With some of these.
Speaker 2: Other teams spend, like if we're able to spend that amount of money, It's like some of these teams are like the Yankees and you're talking, you're talking about Ohio State, all the money they spent, the money that all the.
Speaker 4: Guys miss going to spend. Yeah, missions going to spend probably be number one and I on the.
Speaker 2: But you also we're just we're just on zoom with coach Dan Lanning. He's got what's his name, Phil Knight, Phil Knight.
Speaker 4: They got Nike money, but he Phil Night came out and said, spend whatever you want, whatever it takes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that is crazy. It'll be nuts. It'll work itself out at some point, but right now it does seem like, yeah, that's just hell having.
Speaker 4: To recruit Michigan's got Illinois alumni fucking paying paying the bills. Now, it's just crazy. Yeah, what is his is the second richest person in the world, right, Larry Ellison has a kid that paid for Bryce Underwood. He's an Illinois alumni, but his girlfriend or wife is a Michigan is a Michigan alumni. And she told, she told Dave, she goes, she goes, Oh, yeah, she went to school when I went to school, she goes. I've been through the Brady Hoak era and I never want to go through that again. Catching a low key stray all good, but in that just wild North Carolina transition, there's no way, dude, a chance of rapes. I think there's a bigger chance that rape takes Ohio State than Bill Belichick coaches in college. Actually, no, I take that back. I think there's a better chance of Rave working out at Ohio State than Bill Belichick working out in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: I know this. Vrabel is not opposed to a head coaching college shop. However, if some of these coaches were talking about, like Ray Belichick, if there's like you know, if you're on the what you know that I don't carousel the carousel they get a job off in the NFL. I think NFL is obviously the move, but I don't think these coaches who are out of it right now if they don't get an NFL opportunity. What I'm hearing, what I've heard, these coaches are not opposed to a head coaching.
Speaker 10: Job and will be at Army, Navy, or the Citadel. Those are the only places he's going to be able to fit in with his style, you think, so, I don't think. Do you think he wants to play the game of college football?
Speaker 2: And if you go into it. I was saying it on either whether it was last week or the week before. If Vverybol's like all in on like going to any of these coaches, if they're all in on coaching college football, they're obviously a big part of them is going to have to want to play that game, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I feel like there's a struggle. You can put a structure in place too, of like having people do most of the recruiting and then hey, these are the big dogs. You go, you go the big dogs. Can day is not the most charismatic, right, but he gets like the best recruiting classes every year. Money's gonna talk. Listen, let me tell you something. As it stands right now, Ohio State might never beat Michigan again. If Rabel goes to Ohio State, They're automatically a tough ball club. He just whispered that no one heard it. Go and say it to the so the viewer can hear that state.
Speaker 11: And just flips the script.
Speaker 2: He will be your daddy forever.
Speaker 4: Listen JP facts.
Speaker 2: As a fan, I would love to see that. As a fan, I would love to see that.
Speaker 4: I would hate it.
Speaker 2: So we had, uh, we had Tony White.
Speaker 4: How about how about the group chat with Rapes on Sunday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wake up, wake up in the morning and Taylor's just catching astray at like what three or four.
Speaker 4: It was for It was for him. I was going through t s A in Vegas and it's a photo of me pushing Dan Lanning celebrating, and he just says, wish Taylor, wish Taylor blocks like this when he's the Titans. I said, uh, go and focus on the Steelers, and he said, consultant, you're saying up early. Yeahthing, I'm gonna I'll drop this screenshot when this episode drops. But yeah, no, that ship was hilarious. That shi it was. I just look at Jack and I'm like, what the fuck is this and just showed him.
Speaker 2: We had, Uh, Tony White. The defensive coordinator for Nebraska. He's going to Florida State with like t Night, Terrence Knight and who was the d line coach? Awesome coaches and so you know, I'm sitting there the other night and I just texted coach Bo Polini. I said, Hey, would you ever come back to Nebraska be the defensive coordinator?
Speaker 1: Say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hey? Hey, this is this is the text wish Taylor could have blocked like this for the Titans. Dot dot dot insane four am text Rabel, wolves don't sleep. And that's what I said, look focusing on the staid consultant. And then I just left it. And then at eight point thirty, Will the three cry laffy faces just body bagging me.
Speaker 2: He's like, well, I hope you're what do you say? I hope you're laughing at my joke. And I'm like, yeah, yeah, coach, all your jokes are funny, sir. Don't patronize me, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: God damn it.
Speaker 4: I hate Mike Rabel.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, game time, Yeah, game time. Let's get into the Gilly. Gilly's gonna be joining us for he's going to be joining us on the bus. We'll talk all things surviving and Gilly and million dollars worth the game before we get there game Time. This episode is brought to you by Game Time. Game Time is focused on togetherness this holiday season, and when you bring people together at live events, the experience is that much better and it's the perfect gift. You know iwmuch the boys love game Time, and now with their brand two game Time Picks feature, they're making it even easier to get to a game. Game Time Picks filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. Go check out Listen, the Collegewall Playoff is taking place. Go check out those tickets. All you have to do is pull up your chosen event, turn on the GT pick setting at the top of the screen, or browse the best local game Time Picks deals near you on your Game Time ap home page. That would be an awesome holiday gift. The Collegewell Playoff starts that weekend right after Christmas. Go check it out. Uh tickets. Now with game Time Picks, take the guesswork out of buying tickets. With game Time, download the Game Time App. Create an account and use code busting for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Just create an account and redeem code busting b U s s I in for twenty dollars off. Download the game Time app today.
Speaker 4: What time is that Game Time?
Speaker 2: Enjoy this episode with Gilly?
Speaker 4: All right, boy, start part of the episode. We had Dan Lanny, we had Kenny Dillyham. Now we have Wallow and Gilly. Yes, the collab nobody saw coming.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know Wala was gonna.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had no Billy.
Speaker 1: I had to comfort man.
Speaker 4: Well might you had to come.
Speaker 1: I had to come. You know, I had me and Will. A lot of people don't know when Will first is coming to barstool. Will was like he called me. He was like, wow, what do you think about borrow? What's this up with him? I said, this is a great place. Come on too.
Speaker 5: He's like, what should I do? I was like, bro, just like Temple Zoo defense bro.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: When we we just first started walking in. Obviously, the subject of conversation was surviving barstool.
Speaker 1: They got you, they got me. But listen, you know what's crazy fucking Will? I know Will so I'm like, damn, Will got because I don't don't. I don't know nothing about I don't know shit about the alliances. I'm just thinking, if you perform, you you're a great player. They're gonna keep your energy is getting my energy. I'm positive I'm with the team. I'm talking to anybody on it. You know, when we got the challenges and I feel it don't working my ass. So but when I go to the bathroom, I'm like, I remember, I go to the bathroom.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, we getting me out of here.
Speaker 1: Will Will just looked at it, he said, Nancy. But I didn't. I didn't. I didn't connect the dots. Will He said it like that too. And I'm sitting new Light, But I I'm thinking, like, what the fuck is Mints really gonna do here? Help us with the challenges, because I'm thinking about the more we win, the more our crew stated, stay there and we can battle it out at the end. That's how I'm thinking the game will be played. I'm not thinking we're going we want to be weak so we can't win challenges and we got to keep So I didn't know the strategy. I didn't know nothing, and I just definitely didn't think that that Smitty was gonna get kicked off.
Speaker 4: So when you got sniped, when they voted you off, did you know it was coming.
Speaker 1: There's no way in the world, I said to myself, I just do Mints was out of here, right. I don't know. I never knew, like you understand. I don't know his relationships. I ain't know what significant to the company. I don't know. So I'm like, he gotta be out of here because I just because I know. Listen, I'm not even thinking that I'm out of here because I'm like, I just ran up all these steps, came down first Tommy John Draws loaded up, I put all the balls on the table, I got down stair. I'm talking about it was crazy the whole time, grown and them playing dirty because when I run up the steps, I'm running up with a whole number team on my team. I think, will you went over that way I'm running up, rolling them is blocking me from running up the steps, so I gotta run around he blocking me. He's like, he's like, wow, what was you doing. I'm like, they blocking me? His team they got they like blocked, so I had to push through them, get upstairs, grab all the balls. I'm like, damn, I earned myself. I'm like, yeah, I earned my spot. I came back down first Lord of the Day the whole time, A big, big cat in them there. I'm like, yeah, they say, everybody seen me. I know I'm locked it. That's why you gotta think about it. And running up and down that steps, you know that ship was a workout. I'm sweating like crazy, Yeah, three days, but I'm saying to myself, Will, I'm like, I gotta get to this shower first. Is only one shower in the building.
Speaker 4: It was crazy watching because when you guys, when people win and lose, like everyone just goes in their huts. And I'm watching them back seeing you go to the shower. I'm thinking to myself, this man, right.
Speaker 2: After losing, right like, how we're gonna figure out who we're going to be cause we came back.
Speaker 4: We came back and won that challenge.
Speaker 1: So we're hanging out, you know why I should have asked you know what?
Speaker 2: And then Wallow gets up, I'm gonna go take a shower, and we're all kind of laying there thinking no, I'm thinking I gotta wait and see, like I could get gone, I could get God on this one, but somebody alludes that. He's like, did he just go take a shower? And it's like you gotta kind of feed that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy, right, this is crazy going to take a shower.
Speaker 1: This was crazy, though. I get voted off right like two days later, I'm in his breakfast by getting some sandwiches. Right, God walk up to me, Wow, what's up? You know who it was? What's his name? The first survivor over the Real Survivor Show, the first survivor, the first No, what's his name? Dere what was the black guy named? Who's the black guy?
Speaker 2: But I don't know?
Speaker 4: Black Survivor winner?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he wasn't the winner. He was on it. He was on the first Survivor.
Speaker 4: Ever, Black, first survivor ever. That's for those I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: He walk up to me, he said, Hollow, what's up? Almo's name from Survivor? I know this guy? You know what I'm talking about? To from Jersey. I'm like, damn, And I'm just like why I didn't know you right here? Ye oh yeah? So so so I see him and I'm like, how the did this work? Like that? I get voted off survival barso and I walked right into him and brother and we started talking is that third?
Speaker 5: And I'm like both with surviving losers bumping each other.
Speaker 1: So I'm just like, but I'm but I'm like, I ain't gonna front when when they when they kept saying while I'm like, everybody got me, So I'm thinking, like, who the fuck didn't get me? Right? So I'm looking and I'm like, I get a motherfucking as I'm leaving I'm going to the plane, I get a text in the uber what's the name from a from a big cat?
Speaker 5: I didn't vote for you while I voted for Nancy.
Speaker 17: Oh disgusting, dispecable he texted me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh man, I couldn't believe it. I'm like, damn, okay, well he did. I said will got me? I will? I thought will because I'm trying to figure out only one. It was like one person that didn't vote for me because I thought I'm like, because I was lost, and I'm like, what're fucking playing? I thought I was. I thought I was good for playing good?
Speaker 4: Did you at what point did you text?
Speaker 2: Well? He never text.
Speaker 1: Met Because you got to stand this I'm just it's a game to me. I'm not it's not personal to me. I'm there to play the game because like like when we got in the game, our whole thing was me and Gil. A whole thing is we giving our two hundred fifty thousand to our cameraman, our two cameraan and some people at bars who to play the game. I'm talking about. I'm talking about the aspects like that was that was That's the plan, you know what i mean. So I'm like, when I got kicked off, I'm like, damn, Gil gotta stay. So to see Gil still there, it was like it was it was just like bet he got it. I'm like, you know, I got it because I'm like they're unstoppable. They keep winning the challenges. I'm like, they got a fucking monster team. And I'm thinking I'm looking at our teams like we all a listen, I'm looking at it. We all athletic, We're gonna be got we got this. I'm thinking I'm looking at I'm looking at we got gods athletics.
Speaker 5: And was feel to be stuck in prison.
Speaker 1: We were stuck in prison.
Speaker 2: I didn't mind it.
Speaker 4: Ship Well, that's like he moves like that.
Speaker 2: I didn't mind it, just being in the being in the barriers with the fellas.
Speaker 1: I didn't mind crazy.
Speaker 5: That's some uh some locker room ship.
Speaker 1: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, build the chemistry, build the camaraderie.
Speaker 5: He can sometimes when you play eleven thousand football games in your whole life, stuffing like a day with the boys about it.
Speaker 2: That was crazy about it.
Speaker 4: And hey, when we lost our first challenge, you thought you were gone. You're shaking hands with you going behind being like, yo, what's up?
Speaker 1: I thought I was done?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Talk about talk about because I feel like the camera left off stuff on the strategy get Jerry out because Jerry was like a big player. He's a big character in the game, right, and then all of a sudden he got snipped. I feel like some of the stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's obviously gonna be from like just our point of views. I know that the girls had some point in it too. When I didn't find out did you watch the episode? Yes, So when I didn't know Roan was as close with Jerry during the show as watching it out, I have no idea him were close. I knew Jerry called everybody, but one thing happened is Jerry. I heard Jerry call like twenty people. He didn't call me.
Speaker 1: And then before the called twenty people, Yes you think people was going to talk Jerry.
Speaker 4: Isn't that crazy? Jerry?
Speaker 5: Jay told you we gotta make alliances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now, I thought all that was bolishly crazy.
Speaker 5: You're from Fillium, from Jersey where the East coast guys, Gilly you got I'm like, what he don't understand. I didn't know the experience before now, so I'm on the phone, I'm like, what the fuck is Jerry talking about?
Speaker 1: My whole thing is like lou Key got there.
Speaker 5: I was like, Jay's crazy, Like he's fucking crazy.
Speaker 4: The first the first challenge, he was walking around like he really was a mom boss. We go to the first challenge literally back he goes, you do good, you're in He to me, this is before the first challenge when y'all got the change said at the cage, and so we played. We ended up winning. But after I was saying to myself, bro, that is he really thinks he's just running the show. And then him and Kirk were kind of always talking and then but Jerry would always be in y'all's group, and then the pizza tribe, and so I mentioned it to Kelly and Moobs and they were because in my mind, it's like, I I assume that Kirk and Jerry were close and they had some servi alliance going on the way they were talking, and I just thought, you know, everyone was disrespecting the girls. So I was like, Okay, that's my way in to like further my my presence on this game because I don't really have the alliances. Will goes to Chicago every single week to do in the fall through the Pro Football Football Show. I'm not there every single week, so and I see you. You don't give a fuck what's going on. So in my mind, I'm like, I'm cool with Gilly. Gilly's cold me. We're kind of just hanging out, so I know, maybe if I need to come to you about something. And so at the next challenge, he says, yeah, I got Well. I started to talk to Roan and Run's like, I'll do whatever. So me what I think? Roan not looking knowing that him and Jerry were so close, and then the two girls are kind of like having our own squad. Because that was most worried about Kirk and most worried about Jerry. So after the second challenge, Jerry mentions another thing too, is like you've been doing well, you're in and myself like, yo, what the fuck is going on? Then we lose the third challenge and literally everyone's like, all right, we're getting Gilly and I'm thinking And Kelly was the only one too, She was like, I don't know if we should. We were kind of like talking about getting Jerry and You're like you're saying goodbye to everybody. This is kind of the perfect little move is to kind of just get Jerry. So we all get in the group like all right, well, hey, well what Jerry's in the group Like, hey, Jerry, We'll get Gilly's let's just we got to get him out of here. It is what it is. Kirk's fired up. He's that good and make con see in the room because it seems like smoke all time, like he's kind of fired up with the idea. And then behind closed doors, I was like, yo, if we can get Jerry right now, Kirk tells me I can't vote for Jerry. I promise him I wouldn't vote for him, but I knew we had the number. And then we were out on the patio hanging out and you're talking about what you're about to go do and all these different things.
Speaker 1: Oh gods man, it was fun.
Speaker 4: Not so fast. I was like, we're getting Jerry's ass, We're getting them. And right before we go out to the vote too, Jerry looks back at me. He goes, Gilly, Gilly, we're getting him. And to watch because you knew, you knew he was gone, but on the show it looks like you didn't know at all. It was amazing acting amazing.
Speaker 1: That was that was like Oscar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was, but running up and down. I love how they cut it to black the black and white like surveillance camera. You're just sprinting. Oh. Biz is another one too. Biz was also like a buddy, listen, just tell me what to do, Bro, Like anything you need, listen, I'll do. Wherever you vote, I'm gonna vote, all right.
Speaker 1: I got to now, now what was the thought right, because I didn't know what like, what was your thought? Right? Well, you all seen me go to the shower. The whole team was all like this for buddy. No.
Speaker 2: I again, like I was just trying to I'm thinking when we lose a challenge, like I'm on the chopping block because they want to get me out since I won last year. And so whenever you got up to go take a shower again, like, I'm thinking to myself, how can I talk to Wallow like one on one? Like I need to start figuring out what my situation is on this end because I'm with the I'm with wining big Cat, but I don't necessarily, like fully trust Big Cat because I know eventually he would want to get me out. So whenever somebody alluded to, hey, it's pretty crazy he got up to go take a shower, I'm almost feeding that because again I can't like it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I can't stand you take a shower.
Speaker 2: I can't like stand down and make a move.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, I'm thinking, I know I wouldn't do that. Felt great. I was like, and then you see and I walking and as I'm coming out the shower, see David in the huddle, They like, you just took a shower. Yeah you know, cool, Dave, you should take one. And I mean I'm walking through. I'm just chilling.
Speaker 2: And so when Big Cat alluded to it, it's like, yeah, let's do that, because Big Cat's a big target if he's the one making moves. If getting to the merge, you can almost you can almost paint the picture that he's made more moves than me because I had to just keep my target as well as possible, So I'm just falling into the crowd.
Speaker 1: That shit was great. I just think one thing that I did like because me, I look at shit different. What I loved about it is I love the production, Like, shout out, listen, a lot of people are gonna watch Surviving barstew and I want to shout out to people that probably don't get noticed. It was some extraordinary camera in there. The production was unbelievable. I loved the whole production of it. Shout out to everybody had something to do with the production from the editing, but the cameraman was just on point. It's like they was. They was like your skin because you had your own personal cameraman. Shout out to the cameraman. Shout out to the team. Shout out to tearing everybody, the whole staff that put it together, getting the food together, making sure you had your branded clothing, everything to travel. It was just like that whole name. I'm like, damn, this ship was done well.
Speaker 2: Right and to turn around like that's like a billion hours of footage.
Speaker 1: Cameras crazy, a bunch of cameras. I just think it was just great. Like the whole thing in Chicago bars, it was just like, that's the heck, that's that thing. Is that thing shipped on New.
Speaker 2: York, New York?
Speaker 1: It's like nothing and make New York like a crackhouse.
Speaker 4: I was in New York last month and it just doesn't even the same place. It doesn't feel like the same place at all anymore.
Speaker 1: That that was name is like the stuff you for for that whole for the whole surviving bar stud to be able to be created in there, and the different it was just beautiful. But just seeing it was like, damn okay. And the food was actually good that they was getting. Whoever was catering that food, shout out to you, Shout out to people that was catering it. But it was like I just was like.
Speaker 4: When Dave called you all about going on the show, was there any like hesitation? Was it pretty easy.
Speaker 5: Because you don't really know only hesitation. It was I'm like, Dave, I got to beat all them fucking days. I can't smoke.
Speaker 1: He said, no, you can smoke hill and smoking. You can smoke a whole forest. That's what he told me. And then I got there.
Speaker 5: And they was like, killy, you you smoking outside.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wait, Daves, that I can smoke? Stayed outside.
Speaker 5: I thought I smoked the joint of the day.
Speaker 1: He stayed outside there.
Speaker 2: We stayed outside, getting normal. I don't get high.
Speaker 4: Getting normal, I don't get high. Where'd you find that helmet?
Speaker 1: Bro uh? And I don't see.
Speaker 5: And what I don't understand is why they never explained the helmet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it does look like you're a little off right. You can't you can't get at things around here.
Speaker 5: When we first walked in, you know, when you walking in, they got the camera and you're put my looks and I'm like where everybody? They like in the gambling cake. So I walked to the game cave. People went in there and minute busting it up and I sat down and it was the helmet right there. They got all this on film, and I'm like, what fucking type of helm it is this? And I picked it up and I put it on. You know, somebody was like that that's a hockey helmet.
Speaker 1: And then we was outside. Then I was talking and I walked.
Speaker 5: I said, fuck it, it's been about twenty six minutes. I haven't smoked. I went outside to smoke and one of the ladies was like, I love your helmet. I had forgot I had the ship on him sitting there that. I'm like, she likes it. I'm gonna keep it on the whole show. I just kept the ship on the whole show.
Speaker 4: I want to compliment from a woman and came down.
Speaker 2: You need to get another one going. Yeah, I feel like it won't be right with you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know you wanted to. Oh, hold on, Dave out and then we outside. Right, if you going Gil, Gil, I'll leave Gil and my guy because first I seen my guy, right, Brandon, Right, that's my fucking guy, because I just think he's crazy as fuck. Right, Brandon Smitty, I'm like some of Rome Cayla somebody. But I see brand I say, yo, man.
Speaker 5: You off a roll dog, get a little so and so on.
Speaker 1: Right, I see him. I'm like, Brandon, what's going on? Man? Why you ain't He said, Wow, that's a long fucking story. We're gonna talk though, and he leave. He just disappear. He walked away, So I'm like, all right, cool I talked to me because that's my guy, right, And then he pulled up Gil outside. Gil was like, you're not gonna believe what happened. I said, what.
Speaker 5: So I'm sitting here o side smoking as usual, and somebody house out Gilly. So I look over and it's Brandon sitting in the truck and I'm like, what's up, Bee? You know we always we just make nicknames up on the fly. What's up, big bee? What's up with your baby? He pull up, he pull out and me pull parallels to me. He's looking out the window. I'm like, how you been and he says.
Speaker 1: I'm not on the game. And I was like when he told me that, I die And I said so emotional.
Speaker 5: But he screamed the ship at the top of his lungs.
Speaker 1: Then like burnt rubber.
Speaker 5: Like I'm like, oh, Dave had him hot man, Like what the fuck did Dave do?
Speaker 1: The big bead? Damn that old yo, Dave, No listen, Dave, David, do you know what? Dave full of ship? You know why Dave full of ship? Dave gonna call you when the time he called us. We gotta get alliance guys. I'm like, all right, Dave, I don't because I don't. We don't even know the game. Were thinking, I don't, we thinking it ain't gonna be to we thinking anybody gonna be by himself, right, so we just thinking like.
Speaker 4: You've never you never seen survivor of that, you never listen.
Speaker 1: I've never seen the real fucking survivor.
Speaker 7: In my life.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking like, so I'm sitting there like Dave, like, yeah, we gotta figure something. We got to look out for each other, guys. And then when I get down, like, Dave, you full of shit? How are we gonna look out for each other? We on different teams? Like what the fuck did Like, I don't even I didn't listen by time the game started, when it listen when the trailer was running about the first this seemed like as soon as the game started trailers running, I'm getting voted the fuck off already, So get him out of here him.
Speaker 2: Like I took a shower. We got to get him up out of here.
Speaker 1: You would have thought Dave played for a fucking team. I seen him in about nineteen different fucking huddles. Man. I kept every time I walk around, I go to let me go get some neat Dave over there. I go to the bathroom, take a piss, and pull my dick out. He under the toilet. Listen, I come, I come back. I go on my bed and lay in the bed when he hopped on the locker. Yeah, guys, cause we got like this motherfucker had nineteen Dave got nineteen hoddles.
Speaker 5: And he's a masterfucking Fanessa.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the fuck is you doing? Dad is just crazy?
Speaker 2: You know, probably transition, so we don't funk around the mess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we do know some stuff. How many of those you smoke? How many of those you smoke a day?
Speaker 5: I lost count?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, h you smokeing around with that?
Speaker 5: You only died once? Man, got a liver every day?
Speaker 4: Man, But what's going on with what you do?
Speaker 1: Just so it could stick? You know? He smoked?
Speaker 2: Like, hey, that is with him doing it so much?
Speaker 5: How do you not he wants to he loves to smell.
Speaker 2: How do you not join in?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know what, never smoke a drinking in your life? You've never never, But I learned I know good. I know good smoke when I'm around it from being with him. We didn't you understand, we didn't smoke with the top people. He'd have been around, heybody from Snoop around the world and a lot of people smoke bad weed. Yes, and he say and people be like, damn, why how you know I can smell it? I can smell because he's with He was with the gas lord.
Speaker 4: The gaslord, the gas god. How did you shape up against Snoop?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you the uses. You out smoke him.
Speaker 5: I mean we we Me and smooth Me and Snoop are both at a level where you can't out smoke each other.
Speaker 1: They just smoke.
Speaker 5: It's impossible smoke like and it's just.
Speaker 1: Big jars of just like the greatest looking sweet ever and you just grab something and just and I was looking at them guys like these guys you just they smoke everywhere.
Speaker 4: Yes, man, that is one of those guys that like, even if you don't smoke. And Snoop was running her hands, you your joint, you want to smoke that. I think there's a there's a video of him, he's bumping a security guard. It's here like it just takes anyway because it's.
Speaker 2: Snoop Snoops or something you have to.
Speaker 4: You have to.
Speaker 1: He's allowed to smoke anywhere in the world. Me too. Stoop Mike can smark up in the White House, he can spark. I can't do that. He probably can, Snoop.
Speaker 4: Pike, you could, Yeah, absolutely, because I knew.
Speaker 5: But Rock definitely smoked weed before he throw his lips. He got the dark lips like smoking.
Speaker 1: He smoked black.
Speaker 5: He smoked the grape swishes sweet. Some blew it down.
Speaker 4: Of all the guys, you guys are better of your who's been your your favorite? You know what, Let's actually stay in the weed. Who's who's had the worst weed?
Speaker 1: We can't say that. We don't want to hurt nobody feeling. It was a lot of worse week.
Speaker 4: I said, who is the best weed?
Speaker 1: Then Atlanta.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna say that that the city of Atlanta, and the uh the city of Shrieport, Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Some of the best weed to gill ever smooth Snoop came from Snoop. And currency the currency?
Speaker 5: What is going on that you? Yes, it's somebody calling me from fucking NAIGERI a NonStop. I don't know what it's going on your phone.
Speaker 4: Try to figure out barstool, it's Nigeria.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, it's not been nine stops since I've been sening here.
Speaker 1: Like how has the game been to y'all? Busting with the Boy how have it been? Like they come up in the game, you learn so much, you grow, you evolve, like you know you got at this ship going on, how has it been for y'all?
Speaker 2: It's been incredible. I think, like you know, when Taylor and I first got in it, it's it was one of those things to where what are you gonna do after football's over? Because you see all the stories of guys in the majority of how they go bankrupt within the first few years out and really too, it's like what are you going to find that you love and want to pour into as much as football because we did it our entire lives. So whenever we started to build Busting with the Boys and it started to catch some momentum, like through coach Vrabel talking about how you cut his dick off for a Super Bowl Jayalen Ramsey coming on talking about how he talked ship to the receivers and how he did.
Speaker 5: Coach he cut his dick off.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the first viral moment.
Speaker 1: That means that means his dick is already did. Yes, that means already. Ain't nobody doing that? You still work, you're not doing that? So, yeah, his dick one out.
Speaker 2: So I've been married twenty years. You guys will get there.
Speaker 5: No, you know, I've been made twenty some years to dig to nothing.
Speaker 1: You know what that is like?
Speaker 5: You don't even that's not even an option unless you dig one out on you.
Speaker 4: His is obsolete, it's not working.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I'm like. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: What you were saying. His wife was like, no more.
Speaker 1: This ship broke the volunteer. It's like when you got a lazy don't wake up anyway. It's like, wait, get rid of it. For a Super Bowl is a menace because this is a diehard Eagles fan. Yes, Now, let me ask you a question. If the Eagles could win the Super Bowl blowout fifty to nothing, would you put your dick on the shelf for a year? Right now? Right now? The Eagles could put no sex for year. You gotta put your dick on the shelf. No ship, you can't touch, you can't touch your wife, you can't touch yourself. No, you can't even get arouse. You just got to be literally, I can't make my not get hard. They talk about wake up, dick hard. What are you doing it? You can't do it.
Speaker 8: You can't.
Speaker 1: You just lost the Super Bowl. You can't do nothing, though, you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, nothing for no, nothing for a year.
Speaker 1: You can't touch your wife for a year.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not doing that because that's not on metering when it Superowl. That's what I'm grown ass. Men is getting pleaded.
Speaker 1: But this is you.
Speaker 4: Like Jennie pops out and he goes the only way for the for the Eagles. You cannot touch yourself or your wife for a year or anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fuck it? That he let had fifty nothing against the Chiefs? Do I get to pick the team?
Speaker 1: The Chiefs?
Speaker 2: Y'all might not make it that far.
Speaker 1: Let me say this in the playoffs, why wouldn't we.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, y'all, you saw a j after the game yesterday.
Speaker 5: We're not worrying about that. I already already handled that.
Speaker 1: How so come on, he reached out, He reached out. I handled that man. He'll reach out to.
Speaker 2: Some I'm just saying, like, do you Eagles you guys are a wagon like you guys do some damna?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you realize right?
Speaker 2: But you do not need some drums.
Speaker 5: I'm the team's psychiatrists. I just don't. I just told how the man gotta pay me man, I'm the team psychiatrist. So you've you've seen last year when it was playoffs time, who they brought down there to the locker room to talk to the team. Yes, but you know what, but you know what, you know what, I had a feeling that it was nothing I can say because anytime you had linebackers, What did I say in that What did I say in that meeting? I said, where's the linebackers? I don't want to see no fucking running backs getting up off of y'all because that what was happening all year. He was meeting in the whole whamn and running back not going this way, the fucking linebackers going this way. So it wasn't meant we had to reposition some things, get some people out of here, bring some dogs in who really wanted. That's why we brought in to Kobe Dean Georgia bull Dog Cooper, the Caucasian corner back, the caucas corner to call now and you know, but it's different. You know, if you got to Caucasian cornerback. You know one thing, he's a BM but he's a B m F. He doesn't go to the cookout. He throws the cookout. He knows how to lean with it, rock with it.
Speaker 1: He did his first year Howard. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: He works out in Sudan, but listen this, he has hip movement. He knows how to get in and out those breaks. Shout out to C. C.
Speaker 1: Cooper.
Speaker 5: And we're from Philly, where we say John Cooper dis John. Overseas they would say Cooper do Jean, but in Philly, he's Cooper.
Speaker 2: How you how'd you handle? How'd you handle the postgame drama?
Speaker 5: He reached out see see he see one thing about.
Speaker 1: Me, just showing me. He ain't got to say nothing. I don't do.
Speaker 5: Any one thing about me. I don't I don't do any lyon man, I'm just going to show you.
Speaker 4: When they just talked about on Tourvin Barstol, he knew that Jerry was going to go. And he also stood up in front of everybody said, it's been so much fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you well knowing.
Speaker 4: Jerry was getting murdered.
Speaker 5: Do what I sent him a message? Right, yeah, you know who that is?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, yeah, So so what happened? And I mean, let me just understand this. AJ is a great guy, a great guy, hard worker, and sometimes you get a little frustrated, you know how it is. You feel like I was open, I should have got the ball. And in his defense, he was open. He was open on a slant for a touchdown. He was wide open. But DeVante Smith caught the pass and he was open. So you know, when you are hard worker, you know how it is. The NFL wide receiver, he wanted to put that work in. We respect it. But sometimes it's not about what you say, is about how you say it and how you go about things, you know what I mean. So shout out to a j We're not gonna get on them. We're not gonna We're just gonna let him know that beast were the beast.
Speaker 4: And AJ is a fucking specimen. Ye look at.
Speaker 5: You want play with him, but you don't.
Speaker 4: Get him the ball. He gets frustrated, which is what I want my receivers to be. Absolutely, you want your skill positions to want the ball, But.
Speaker 5: You also want HEYJ to handle it behind closed doors. You don't want AJ to take it to the media because now you can get some friction in the locker room. We've grown ass men, you know what I mean? If if and then you definitely can't be mad after a win because it looks extremely unprofessional. It looks like, okay, now you're falling into Uh. This is the guy that only cares about stats. He only cares about himself. He's selfish, he don't care about winning. And that may not even be the case, but when you put that type of energy out there after a win on a nine game win streak, you tend to look a little crazy and you tend to look a little selfish. So it's not about you, It's about the group. It's about winning. Because we win a super Bowl and that that confetti fall down on you and they say a j will you're going and you say, I'm going to Disneyland. Every fucking body wins.
Speaker 1: The bumbs get paid.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the bums get paid, the Trump of bum bums. They get fifty million to go somewhere to show that they really was a bump and it was a great system. They was in around great players, so you know how it is, you're spot on.
Speaker 2: You know, we had a coordinator coach Manusky. He's like the linebackers coach at Denver, but when he was our coordinator at Washington, his whole thing was at the beginning of the year, it'd be like pouring into the team because when you win as a team, it'll all fall back on the individual going off like hey, you go and the confetti's falling on your face, whether you're a bum, like nobody's a bum in the league, but it's like, yeah, dudes are gonna get because hey that they got something over there that we don't have. We need to bring this mentality. We need to bring this leadership because everybody becomes a leader who knows about winning when you win it, when you have a Super Bowl title tea where you are, you're right about that.
Speaker 1: So this me, that's all I'm saying. This mind's great. With the whole NFL situation, I didn't know. I don't understand this. I think they need to switch. They need to shuffle the divisions.
Speaker 4: What oh you want to shuffle it up?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Because this is my grip with the NFL.
Speaker 1: No, this is why they need to shuffle the teams because I said, can I tell no, shut up? Just let me say this because this is my world. Imagine if the Eagles get a chance, get a chance to play the Cowboys in the Super Bowl for who the Eagles to play the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And are gonna make the Super Bowl for a wy No, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. What if you switched the divisions and move moved it around with teams slide? That will messed up its chess, Will stressed, Will Nice, he's smiling even from smiling, grabbing his chest.
Speaker 5: Say one thing, they running from this ship, boy, that's the fastest.
Speaker 1: That's different, Will Nice? Divisions because it's teams that can make it to the Super Bowl play they never play each other. There's teams that have never played each other that could play each other if it ain't got the divisions right.
Speaker 4: But you play everybody.
Speaker 1: Now I'm talking on the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you why I disagree with you. I think there's something that take the NFC. That's what we're talking about. Commanders, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys every year, but all those teams play twice and the storylines of the history of those teams playing as well makes it more fun to watch when those teams are shitty, like the Cowboys commit. I mean they're they're all right, They're way better than the habit in the past. But when the Commanders and the Cowboys play, there's all that history to lean back on and be like, this is why this game means so much?
Speaker 1: Do you how do you feel? Did you see what happened yesterday at the Giants game? Mm hmm, when the fans paid for playing the fly? Oh yes, I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say this. You know Eagles, you know they pissed about Sequin right, Like, how many people get like what is they doing when they fire a bunch of people? Like how do you let how do you let go? And he go down the Philly He go right down the street and go to funk Off like that? How mean who all getting fired?
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people get chopped out of the season. Yeah, you almost have to wad like they're almost saying it because Daniel Jones, they cut him.
Speaker 4: Somebody spent a lot of money. They were wrong. It's expensive to get those signs off the ground. Someone spent a lot of money to troll like that.
Speaker 5: That is tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to listen to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's jailing Carter the best defensive tackle in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's on the short list.
Speaker 5: It's Quinn and Mitchell the best cornerback in the NFL.
Speaker 2: We were talking about that earlier for the intro, him getting the defensive room.
Speaker 5: You know what they call it, right when you play against him, Welcome to Quintanamo Bay. Yes, you're getting locked up today.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: But you came up with that one.
Speaker 5: No, that's the whole Philly. That's what we call him.
Speaker 2: You never know he will his visitors dance with Zah.
Speaker 5: Yes, he walked in with the hoodie on said Quintanamo Bay on it.
Speaker 4: Why is why is Philadelphia such a nasty fan base?
Speaker 5: Because first of all, we're blue coalli city, hard working city. We're one of the poorest cities in the country compared to a lot of these cities. We're like a third world fucking city. Like we're fucking broke and a lot of our fresh rations and you know the negative things we go through. You know, for that one win on that Sunday, that ship mean everything. You gotta understand when the Eagles lose, they feel like a third cousin died, Like that whole week is fucked up. Like you know what I'm saying, Like your third cousin, Like you you knew him. You might have met him a couple of times, but you knew he was your cousin. Right, Yes, it's beautiful your guy right there, absolutely Philadelphian. Look at him like you gotta understand we we like did something.
Speaker 1: To Santa Claus Like it's.
Speaker 4: Like the most hostile environment every even your own fan base.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's why we love Nick. Like everybody wanted to get on Nick c Yanni because he wanted to move in and said what he said to the fan at the end of the game. I love that Nick and Brest is the Philly fucking mentality. Philly wanted him gone no no, no season, no no, no, Philly media.
Speaker 4: Year crazy.
Speaker 5: What fuels the fandoma since Philly, since the Nick has got here, he's done nothing but win. See, sometimes you gotta, you know, be careful of what the fuck you ask for. Nick has done, playoff, playoff, super Bowl play What the fuck are we talking about? I'm even confused to why Doug isn't in fucking here still because we well, I know some people would have cut two fucking pinky tools and they fucking pinkies off for a super Bowl. He come in winning super Bowl fastest ship and then we.
Speaker 1: Let him go.
Speaker 5: That makes no sense to me when we keep quarterback I mean head coaches longer that's never won his fucking super Bowl. Mike Toimblin won one fucking super Bowl in Pittsburgh. He's been there one hundred and eleven years, like and then the guy before him was there one hundred and eleven years with the big fuck that mustache more. I think you got to look good one for a son, though, So I don't understand. And then I don't understand the jailing hurts slander when uh, it's only one quarterback that's won more games than jailing hurts since she's been playing, and that's Patrick Mahomes. What are we talking about? All I do is win, win, win, no matter what. I don't care how to win come. We not a pretty city. We a gritty city. Let's be for real. We're a city that fucking leads the fucking country and homicides every year. We're not a pretty city. We're a gritty city. We're a run, run, run plans.
Speaker 1: If it got you, that's us.
Speaker 5: So it took the you know, the offensive coordinated a little minute to realize that jailing hurt Saint Dak Prescott. We don't want a motherfucker that's going through for five thousand yards every year and go home the first week of the player. All right, we tailor to his game. Okay, don't don't come over here and try to prove yourself. We don't want you to prove your fucking self. We want you to tell of your ship to jail and hurts. Don't make him tell of his game to you. We're eleven and two, man, and let's talk about this. Were really supposed to be eleven and one. He won four it on fourth down the twelve and one year and uh Sae Kwi had dropped the ball, remember for the first down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, statisicians, I would say everything.
Speaker 1: We love him.
Speaker 2: Everybody would agree with you on the outside of Philly over the course of the last two seasons, like wanting to call for Sirian said, and to me comes out of the fan base, you.
Speaker 4: Said you were you were like, I don't know why Doug's even gone. But there was an articleok came out like before the season said we want Doug Peterson back.
Speaker 5: I mean, and I'm not saying that I would want Doug back.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: No, we got nicknalled, but I never understood what I even got got rid of Ug That didn't make any fucking sense. We had one of the super Bowl ever in the history, and then we bring a guy in and with two years we win the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: He's supposed to say.
Speaker 5: When he's fucking leaving, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: So that that's how I look at it. Now we got Nick. Nick.
Speaker 5: First of all, let's be for real, man. Come on, man, there's no there's no there's no fucking head coach in the NFL like Nick Sirianni four f and four.
Speaker 1: Fuck it. Let's do it, man.
Speaker 5: That's telling you, guys, I.
Speaker 1: Believe in you.
Speaker 18: Campbell Campbell does Okay? Maybe Dan Campbell d guy, guy you want run in your locker room, Dan Campbell.
Speaker 5: I'm taking Nick every time over Dan, No disrespect. Nick went over to the fans. Yeah, Nick, that's right. If he gonna talk that ship to you during the game.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 11: Nick?
Speaker 1: Fuck you?
Speaker 5: Nick getting Nick out of here.
Speaker 1: You're a lo was her.
Speaker 5: Nick Nick should be allowed to go.
Speaker 1: Hell was a diehard Nick guy. When I went when I know, I'll never forget when he was on they did the fourth before he said this is my no. Gil was a diehard Eagles guy, right, And it threw me off because I didn't know what he was saying, right because I'm I'm in the bathroom, right and I'm, you know, doing my thing, and I just hear him screaming, that's right, big dick Nick. I'm like, whoa what? I said?
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 1: I said, what the fuck is going on, big Dick.
Speaker 17: You're the biggest big dick Dick. Yeah, I said, what the fuck? I said, This guy, man, he really loved Nick. He's like he really loved he loved the Eagles. Said this guy is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yo, man, this fucking guy's a liar, big he said. I didn't understand where he came from. I knew was passion. He was passionate about it too. He had a tear in his eyes. I said, came up. I said, he had a tear in you see how he went crazy. But he just was his campaign manager because Knick's that guy, you.
Speaker 4: Know, so they're losing their first round the playoffs.
Speaker 1: You're cool, we will never lose in the first round. Never did she doubts strong?
Speaker 4: No, I'm I'm I like doubt.
Speaker 2: I like the Eagles because what that like even though he's saying the fan base didn't want this, the fan base didn't want that a moment like he was talking about earlier where AJ says what he says in the locker room. All all things he was saying was right. But when that moment.
Speaker 4: Happened the Eagles, the fan base like explodes over it, like it is.
Speaker 2: It becomes the distraction that ultimately would come to their downfall when they do reach the playoffs. No, because because their fans are psychic or psychos.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, who went in the Super Bowl? The Eagles? No, I'm asking them, man.
Speaker 2: I think it's hard to bet against the Lions right now. What you guys match up with them the best. I think that's the most exciting game, the physical championship between you and the Eagles, because you guys are both physical teams. You get in the second half against the Eagle was in the Lions like you guys run them down physically, emotionally, spiritually like you guys are those two teams. I just think the Lions have more going.
Speaker 1: They've been blowing blowing them out.
Speaker 2: Panthers almost beat you all.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, but the Panthers almost beat Kansas City last week.
Speaker 4: Everyone's almost every year, everybody in the.
Speaker 5: Week before that, they almost beat the team the Chiefs Georgia's game. Okay, let me just say something. When you won nine games in a row, eight games in rows, kind of fucking hard to get up for the Panthers.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not A win is a win.
Speaker 4: I'm on that the Lions consistently cover consistently covering drafts.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that, like you guys, are both similarly built teams.
Speaker 1: The Lions.
Speaker 5: Do you realize, like we said, do you realize how many points we give up a game? The Lions just beat the Bears twenty to twenty three on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 4: Come on, man, you play the Packers, who's also a sneaky good team.
Speaker 2: You played?
Speaker 5: You look at you look at the Lions rest of their season, and you look at the Eagles rest of their season. You tell me who's getting to buy That's the big thing. The Lions toughest part of their season is now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the Lion's got Bills, Okay, they got the Bills. Who they got Bills just lost to the Rams. They got the Bears that they've already been and on Thanksgiving the Niners brutally destroyed by the Niners. The forty Niner is a hurt team who just Vikings Viking tough.
Speaker 1: And then you see who we got.
Speaker 4: Pull up the Eagles schedule and I want all the Eagles fans watching this, because I know your squad's walking in this bus with the Boys episode right to make an opinion. I like the Eagles. I had their fun. I think the times that I've played there, even in a preseason game. Look at that Eagles are psychopath fame.
Speaker 5: Commander's Giants, Cowboys and the Steelers cake walk cake Walk, cake Walk cake walk just like n Day.
Speaker 4: See it and your wow, you should watch them up for that Steelers.
Speaker 5: Game that they got Russell Wilson brother.
Speaker 4: Mike Tomlin is a stud when he's at That's what.
Speaker 1: Mike Tomlin don't do.
Speaker 5: Tackle motherfuckers.
Speaker 14: Bro.
Speaker 1: We give up.
Speaker 5: We give up like sixteen points a game. You're not how hard it is to be the team that gives up sixteen points a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, nobody's disagreeing with you, Barkery.
Speaker 4: We need to make something clear.
Speaker 1: We like the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're talking to you, an Eagles fan. We're playing Devil's Advocate. But also your fan base is crazy, Yeah, and you're in it.
Speaker 2: You look at the Lions like, yo, this is a fucking.
Speaker 5: Detroit will never take the Lions serious? That's the Lions.
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 5: What the fuck have the Lions ever won? How can you take somebody that's never won ship serious? You know, somewhere along the line, what are they going to do? Crack like an egg thrown off the project roof.
Speaker 1: You know it.
Speaker 5: It's just just dying to happen. It's waiting to happen. Let's just think about this. The Lions, their best players in their history, retired in their prominence.
Speaker 1: So I can't do this shit no more. I would rather go home in my prime than play with you motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Think about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were going to only sixteen. Now are they have the one set right now?
Speaker 1: Think about that?
Speaker 5: Their best players in their history, not just one player, two players said I can't do this shit, no more, y'all not gonna trade me. I would rather go to fuck home and eat granola bars and play with my fucking kids and turn all of these millions of dollars around bag saying, is before I get tackled by a whole fucking NFL team. Every fucking game for you, eleven people was tacking on Barry. He had no block, and then he still ran for thirteen fourteen hundred. Kelvin Johnson like, I'm catching everything thrown to me.
Speaker 1: We still can't win.
Speaker 5: Shit. I had seventeen catches for four one honey yards and we lost.
Speaker 1: I can't do this ship no more.
Speaker 18: That is heartbreaking, heartbreaking stack he said, you're gonna pull that up to product.
Speaker 4: That is wild shirt. That's crazy man, Damn DV that is a crazy photo.
Speaker 2: No wallo, how's he? Going back to the very first question you asked me, how's the game treating you?
Speaker 1: It's good man. You know, you learn every day. I'm just always learning something new a they to learn from, you know, just the podcast world of business world. You just it's always something new happening. You know, you just got to stay on top or anything. And I'm just thankful to be here.
Speaker 5: He's fucking ship, he's sugarcoating, he's living a fucking life. Shout out to this guy. He did twenty years in jail. Some people in your audience might not know. He went to jail at seventeen. He came home at thirty seven. Just think about this. He got locked up in jail for having a cell phone. Right when somebody told them, bro, you could google yourself and it to tell you all your information. He was like, what that can't be real. I'm a fucking dinosaur. I've been in jail forever. How would my name come upon he googled himself. He couldn't believe it. He gets caught with the same cell phone in jail. He comes home and he's the cultural advisor at YouTube.
Speaker 4: Cultural Advisor, Yes.
Speaker 1: Community too. Think about I created a program called YouTube Avenues where we go around different cities and put like four or five, sometimes tax hundred people in the room and educate him how to start the YouTube scale on YouTube, mont tize of YouTube all through YouTube new shit.
Speaker 4: But he you started that while you're in prison.
Speaker 1: No I started out here.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean that is still nuts, no matter what.
Speaker 2: So no, he said, what he's saying, is he's got to this point after you know, being locked up for twenty years, he gets out, puts in all this work, they start million dollars worth of game, and now he's positioned himself to be asked for it to be on the Uh what'd you say?
Speaker 5: It was cultures?
Speaker 1: So what they do.
Speaker 5: So what they do is they went around to how many cities you did? We just left London just no way?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oakland, New Hilly, Baltimore, Miami, Houston, the Bay, all that ship we did.
Speaker 4: So that's incredible, bros On that when you spend twenty years in prison, like when you get out, what like what's going through your mind of how to start.
Speaker 1: Up whatever you want to do. I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Make sure you're talking to then.
Speaker 1: I've seen that the phone was everything that was a media company and it was over after that. I just started with the phone. You would do anything on the phone, and I realized a lot of people wasn't doing a lot of stuff out here. So it was just easy for me.
Speaker 2: How you figure out podcasting?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 1: I called him? Uh toal, I said, we already heard about it. But what happened was I woke up one morning, it was early twenty nineteen, and I seen an article I spoted Catch the spot off. Spotify allocated four hundred million of podcasts in the first quarter. I said, we got to do something, and we already had an audience, so I said, let's go.
Speaker 2: Now, did you have an audience before the podcast?
Speaker 1: No, we had an audience. He had, like I had a half a MILLI he had a meal.
Speaker 2: Yes, saw you were an actor back. So we did that.
Speaker 1: So when we did that, we started it, we put it out and like and I was on the charts. I was watching the charts and like seven hours we went to like comedy. We was number two under Joe Rogan and we was number four in all categories in like seven hours. I was putting our first episode out and I was like, oh, yeah, this week, but.
Speaker 5: A million dollars worth of game started in twenty twelve. He was still in prison. Well, I used to give a million dollars worth of game out on social media to the youth. You feel what I'm saying, So it was something that I used to do with a day. You feel what I'm I would come on there, taller youngins out there, let me give you Yeah, taller youngers out there. Let me give y'all me and ours worth for a game real quick. Stop chasing women and chase money, because when you got money, women chase you.
Speaker 1: Right this ship.
Speaker 5: It was back when you can only speak for fifteen seconds, so I would have to come on and pop it real quick. But it was always something that people would be like, Yo, that was funny. He's telling the truth though, and it's funny.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 5: Instagram allows you to do it for a minute, so then I would do it for a minute, and then Instagram allowed you, and then one day I said, I'm allowing y'all to send me some questions and I'm gonna give y'all some game on the questions y'all sent me, and then that's when it exploded. So people always used to be like, Gilly, you need a podcast, you need a YouTube channel, you need but I never knew what a podcast was. So then by this time he comes home, now we're doing what we're doing, and then he sends me the article and I was like, wait, they gave out four hundred and twenty one million dollars from January to April.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Break them fucking microphones out.
Speaker 1: Fast.
Speaker 4: How quickly between learning that information and actually standing up the podcast did it take?
Speaker 1: Was that a week? Maybe two weeks? That day I got the name, the name everything.
Speaker 2: And walla, you just got the research.
Speaker 1: As far as the research, I'm one of the research. I just do all research. And I got up on it, got the other logo done, got the lower everything. Like in the day we was on that ship. Number one article that came out, You know what crazy because the guy a lot of shit don't get his attention. I woke him up like four in the morning, like five or some shit, and I called him and when he called me back, I'm like, no, he's not because he don't be listen right.
Speaker 5: Our first episode came out in April, Yeah, came out of the article says Spotify alloy caates four hundred and twenty one million to first from January to April. Our first episode came out in April. That's how fast we moved.
Speaker 4: No shit, And was there any other names you guys wanted to go off of or as million dollars with a game.
Speaker 5: There because it was already branded, right, and people had came to me for advice, like the craziest shit like killy, Killy, let me just ask you a question. I knew you've been with your wife a long time. But people be jumping in my wife DM and they be saying I don't like that shit, and it be causing arguments in the house, and you know what, you think I should do OJ, and then I just give them some game on it. Or people jumping my wife DM all the time. But if my wife didn't look like nothing, wouldn't nobody be trying to jump in a DM. It's not up to them to jump in their DM. Shoot your shot.
Speaker 1: Play.
Speaker 5: You can't make a basket lest you shoot your shot. But my wife better be god damned to Kim Bae Mutombo Yannis, she better be god damned sha kill. She better block every goddamn shot, every basket layup, and she damn sure bet not net a motherfucker dunk.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, And then I post I would show them and them in the Instagram writing me the message, but I will blur their face out, and then I showed my response thousands on top of thousands on top of thousands of comments shares.
Speaker 2: Every day, so it was already there.
Speaker 1: It was already there was.
Speaker 4: The first episode difficult for you guys. Did you guys know that game plan what we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 1: Never, we just turned the mics on and talk.
Speaker 5: Just go from there.
Speaker 4: Did you have a guest on your first episode?
Speaker 5: No, we didn't have a guest for the first year and a half.
Speaker 4: It was just y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And when did you guys start like monetizing on all that stuff, because obviously the charms come out and there's a big.
Speaker 5: He was monetizing from the gate. Really, we uploaded everything through bus Sprout.
Speaker 1: We did buzz Sprout, and I immediately went out. We went out and got sponsors. If you go all the way back to the beginning, if you go to the first episodes, you will see go all the way to episode one, episode whatever, two three, you will see, Uh, we had sponsors. I went to local businesses and we stepped right. We had a car dealership, spring for Hogh Day, we had boys, funeral home, we had all types of we.
Speaker 2: Just had funeral. Let's talk about the funeral.
Speaker 4: The funeral hall was.
Speaker 1: I was at this funeral and one of my homies looked like he was still living. And I seen the lady write that you know that, uh that owned that. I've talked to her and then somehow she was like, now it's way before that number one was like we wasn't even on bar stool number one. So I went to her and I said, damn, we can do some marketing for you somehow, like you did a good job, right. She was like that'd be great. Nobody really market on podcast like what's name? So you know, I remember it was like this episode of May and Ours where the game is brought to you by Boy's Funeral Home. One thing about when you die, you want to die and you want to be dead, but you want to look like you're still living. Once you go out of style, you need to get a boy's funeral home. This place is fat and I just went and just broke it down.
Speaker 5: How but they're gonna make your family members glow.
Speaker 1: You'll be dead, still live.
Speaker 4: Push a lot of business away.
Speaker 1: And they called us and said they wanted to stop.
Speaker 5: She said, keep the money that we already, but please don't run. And I have too many bodies.
Speaker 4: Has how many ads did you do for that?
Speaker 1: We did a lot, a lot, but oh no, we probably didn't know. I ain't even they ain't even make it a whole month. We only even doing four episodes. Like what I used to do is she did a little little more and she she she paid for Machinet won it all. But so what happened was I used to when I used to hook the deck up, I used to go I used to sell minutes. So the way I did it was I didn't do like what certain people do CPMs. I didn't never build leave none of that. I went to people. It was like, we got visibility, you want tracks, and this is what it is. So I used to sell minutes four minutes a month. You know what I'm saying. It's like that's all it is. You're getting a minute add on an episode. So I would sell that, you know what I'm saying. So I was getting, you know, twenty five thousand for four minutes of you know, the car dealership when you first this is when you first started, we first got, we already had, we already had. Because the way I would sell it this right, the way I would do it is I do like this. When I made the deck, I say, all right, bet when we do your PODCT say we came to bustle with the boys, be like then y'all want to y'all want to do somewhere. But yeah, the way I wrote, the way I had the deck rode out was this, you don't just get mentioned on the podcast. Your name is this copy of your upside, your logo, every post that we put up concerning like we was one of the first boys really putting up a lot of clips and our culture from podcasts. A lot of people doing it just laid my podcast is out. We was putting up clips. So every clip we were put up, every time we put a clip, we're presented by our sponsor, by and the joint. So you get not just on the podcast, on the social media posts that we're putting up, you're gonna start getting So that that was the whole thing. So we had a whole pack and they loved it. They was like, we gonna get that too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out to Springfield Honday, right, because when we went to them, we gave them the number. They was like it was kind of high. But they had a son who he was he was entrenched in the culture and he was like, I'm telling you, Dad, I'm telling you, like, these are the guys. So the dad was like, Okay, can we do a three month deal? Okay, that's twelve minutes.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 16: Cool.
Speaker 5: After the first month he called and said, fucked that three month deal. We had the biggest month we've had since we've opened.
Speaker 1: We made up a whole character.
Speaker 5: When you get there, ask for backdoor Bobby because he's gonna take you to the back door, but you're gonna drive out the front door. These motherfuckers are showing it.
Speaker 1: We went back door.
Speaker 2: What's what made you start pivoting the gas?
Speaker 5: We didn't start pivoting the guests, won't until we was maybe about five six months on the bar stool.
Speaker 2: Oh so you started the gas when you got the bar stool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is it because of Barstool today.
Speaker 5: No, we had told Barstool you know, we did it like this because when we first met Dave and Erica and everybody was like, we did it like this because we didn't want our ship based around who we brought on the potcasts. We wanted it based around us in the game that we was giving out. That's God, it's attention, motivation and education. That's what million dollars worth the game means. So then when we got on Barstool in six months were still just doing us. We said, Okay, now it's time. Now it's time to show our power because we're gonna run around and get the biggest motherfuckers in the world because we already know they fuck with us. We already know they want to come on the podcast. They've been asking, we've just been holding them off. Now's the time. And then we just went crazy. Snoop Floyd Young, Thug Dirt, Mike Tyson, Michael and Donald, Kevin Durant, Kevin Garnet, you name them, We got them.
Speaker 1: Whoever you want. You know what I'm saying. Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan's y'all had on some hitters. You know what y'all had on some hitters. What was the decision to go with barstool? Obviously barstools are very like white driven culture.
Speaker 1: What happened was we got we heard from the head that Spotify got a call from him. He was the first person Courtney Hote reached out and at that time he was childing at us. And then Rome is the one that told Barstool about us because Room from Philly. We went up there, we met with him and uh Erica. They they was they wasn't bullshit. And they was about their business and that's what we liked it. Back then. They had Gin there. Jim was you remember I think you talked to Gen. I was like Jen, good, people's gien. You remember when Jim was like running the whole bar stood that time. J Simmons, Yeah, Jen Jin shout out to Gen. And they just had a good They had a good infrastructure. They knew, they knew the business of podcasting.
Speaker 2: You didn't think of it in any fashion too, like choosing to go with barstool, with the culture and fan base that you have, that there wouldn't be question marks going in making that kind of call.
Speaker 5: Didn't give they had so it was like if some of they fans come over, they come over. If they don't, it don't matter.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: We understand. See, you gotta understand. From we first met Dave and Erica at thirtieth Street station. They caught the train down from New York. We walked into the train station. By the time we left the train station to go to dinner, they had already understood what it was because every white person walked up on Dave and shit, oh shit store president that time, Oh my god, and a few of them was like Jelly and Wallow, but every black fucking person in that fucking train station.
Speaker 1: Walked up Jelly and Wildo. So it was like, oh shit, these guys are kind of big. They're kind of a big deal, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Because it's this nine stop. It's like oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, old shit. So it's like, let's get the fuck out of here because this is not going to stop. And then we want to to dinner, and we pretty much you know what I mean, I got it done.
Speaker 1: Yes, is there.
Speaker 4: But if you guys have the infrastructure you guys already had and Barstool being like pretty like pretty much a white company like most like white frat guys and people who've graduated white white graduated guys from the frat life. What was the reasoning that you guys would want to go there? Like? Why would you guys?
Speaker 1: Just what the whole thing is? They had the infrastructure and bar stoods an amplifier, they'd take you to that. They understand business.
Speaker 2: You learn.
Speaker 1: It's not just like you go over there. It's like the thing about bar Stood is not a place where you go at and they hide information. They tell you whatever the fuck you want to know about what's going on, how to do the like, and then for you to see it, for you to be inside the bar stool and see it. There's no way in the world you're not walking away with a business mind from you walking around that office. If you if you, if growth is in your mind, you're going to black all right, and you're gonna learn. You got access to everybody self. You got access to that, or you got access to the grab, you got access to the merch people. And that's just what I seen. I was like, Oh, this is what this is where it's at.
Speaker 5: I mean, And and also too, they came in and offered a shipload of money that we was making money, of course, but when they come in and they like, no, I don't want to fuck with nothing you guys got going on. We're gonna send you guys some ads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to pour gasoline on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking go.
Speaker 5: And in the fact that they respected as that it was a beautiful marriage, you know what I mean. That's why it's been running smoothly the whole time.
Speaker 4: So when you guys go to your having guests on your show for the first time six months in the barstool. You guys have already said, like you had everybody kind of saying we want to come on the show, we want to come on the show. How did you make the decision for your first person? And who was your first person?
Speaker 1: I don't even know the first person to come on the show.
Speaker 4: First person, you're come on your show because you were saying you got all these people hitting you guys up being like we want to come on with the game. So obviously when you're about to open it up our first Oh no, no, we had.
Speaker 1: The guests before we got the bars. Snoop was one of the first guests, one of the first big ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, when we Yeah, well we were at the old spot. We had had Danny Garcia.
Speaker 1: We had a porn star, Pinky count Pinky, but we only.
Speaker 5: Had like three episodes out of the way we had guests.
Speaker 1: We did have.
Speaker 5: We had Danny, but that's more like the first star Pinky.
Speaker 1: That's my guy.
Speaker 4: He's just coming in out, you know, just talk a little bit.
Speaker 2: What are some of the moves you started making when learning about the business of bar stool.
Speaker 1: You learn how to run your business, you learn, you learned a lot of shit. You learn how to run your business?
Speaker 2: Like what show? What shows have you built since joining barstool?
Speaker 1: Gilly on sports? On sports?
Speaker 5: Okay, doing the Eagles games and Sixer games and Colorado games, and you.
Speaker 2: Always have the funniest video after Eagles win. You're just out in the front.
Speaker 1: Understand.
Speaker 5: Man, When when we won the Super Bowl, I cried, Man, I'm talking about real fucking tears. Is a video out there somewhere I want?
Speaker 1: It was crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, started those verticals they're streaming if do we work?
Speaker 1: You can't believe that ship. We was out in Philly the night that night and it was crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, y'all should have one a couple of years ago and gets the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: Yes we should.
Speaker 4: We were there that holy call man wild those are Arizona right, Yeah, yeah, I remember watching damn. But yeah, starting those verticals, especially the stream stuff. You walk into Chicago and you see them doing the streams. Yes, it's just it's printing for them and they're just hanging out with their boys watching the game doing all that. That is it makes barstool makes it seem so easy to have a business.
Speaker 1: I think that's what makes like no, because you know what it is Barstow is like a bunch of homies hanging out, and it makes it feel like, but they got the infrast you can never miss out the infrastructure, the framing. It look like it's regular, but.
Speaker 4: That's but that's what makes it seem like anybody do it if you watch what barstool does, and it seems so effortless because it is just a bunch of dudes hanging out and you're like, oh, I feel like I'm with the boys right now. I feel I'm hang out with a group of friends. But really they're just they're selling ads and you're like, Oh, I'm gonna go my grandma just died. I'm gonna go to that funeral home because yeah, I see the boys hanging out doing that.
Speaker 1: But Barstool right too.
Speaker 5: They like one thing about Dave, like Dave will fucking hire any fucking body, anyone like like my man Glenny, No, no, not Glenny. What's my guy man? Frank the Tank, Frank the Tank. When I fucking heard the story of how Frank got fucking hired, I was like, wait, what.
Speaker 1: It was like he was just in the subway screaming.
Speaker 5: He was mad because he couldn't make it to a game and the subway was running late and he snapped the funk out and.
Speaker 1: He was like, get that guy.
Speaker 4: I was like, wait what, I did not know that story?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I'm like, wait, I'm a little confused, but I'm like, but the ship works, right, you know what I mean? So, you know, shout out to Dave and bar Stude for being able to see ship that I couldn't see. Because the motherfucker just snapping out because he can.
Speaker 1: I'm not like, get him on, man, I was worth a game. Hurry up.
Speaker 2: Like, how many people come to y'all trying to whether do a podcast? Work with you in any type of fashion. I would assume, like a lot of a lot of young kids.
Speaker 1: We give a lot a lot of game to him and just try to give him an education about it. I just think a lot of people just think this would have just I think of the misconception that people just think you could just open to get a couch and a mic and just do a show. They don't understand that. It's do people really care about what you talk about? Do you have an audience? It's multiple things, because you gotta as you can see, you got a thousands of shows outready that nobody even look at right, and it's just about why do you really want to do this? Because you could get into space, you get in the podcast space. But you could be a camera man, you could be an editor, you could be a graphic designer. You don't have to be that. But I just think everybody. We live in the world now where everybody want to be popular, and social media gave everybody this, uh this drink that got them drunk off of popularity. So that's why you got people sitting on the couch is wasting their time, a lot of people trying to do it and they not going to learn and study the game. Like, yo, how did this really go? How did this really work? Like y'all had an audience, y'all had people that believe y'all came together, y'all built this shit. Nobody in the facility is fucking wonderful. Yeah, nobody thought about the shop. Yes, another shop your.
Speaker 4: If you're talking to somebody that is so consumed by the ideas of going viral but don't know how to do it, No, don't know where to put their infrastructure, what would be the first thing you would tell them?
Speaker 1: I would tell them I would tell them, don't worry about going viral, just create dope content, right like, because and see the whole thing with us is like we're so great about us. We don't have to create content. We just document in our journey. Content is something that you create and you produce. It's like, it's like this this idea of oh there's a scripted like uh, you know surviving bars DoD That wasn't That was just people just in there tripping the fuck out. Which is the best stuff that people want to watch. They don't want to watch nothing, oh read the script action. It's just that you're going So I just think, like, you can't go viral. Trying to go viral, you go vibra. Viral moments is not nothing that anybody know that's going to happen, right, I've never seen one of my moments that went and I knew that was going to happen. You just do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't be calculated and you have to be yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean for me, I just think, first of all, a part of going viral, when you really think about it, most of the people that go viral, they don't give a fuck think about it, right, They don't give a fuck when nobody think about them. One of the most viral clips on surviving barstool. It's me, but what is everybody saying the whole show? Gilly don't give a fuck about nothing.
Speaker 1: He's Gilly, He's just I don't give a fuck. Yeah, when you care too much? Oh wait, what if I put this up?
Speaker 5: What if they say this and I might get back last for this?
Speaker 1: And wait? You care too much to go viral?
Speaker 4: Is that a way you've always operated? It's not like just not being worried about other people's opinions, because it's a difficult thing when you live in a world with a camera in front of your face the whole time for some people not to worry about their image.
Speaker 1: I just be me.
Speaker 5: I don't really give a fuck.
Speaker 4: What have you always been like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Always, He'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Always. It's to the point I don't have an image. It's to the point whereas though, like, you got to be uncancellable. And the thing is, you got to be able to just do you because in this world you got a bunch of people that just sitting back mad because when success happened, it's a lot of hate to come with success a lot of it, right, So if you're not ready for the you know the side effects the success, which is the hate and all other things that come with it falling out by like it ain't for you. Go go get a nurse job or something, Go work at a Hooters or some ship. But don't, don't, don't, don't do nothing. You want to be great and you want to be successful at it, and you can't deal with the hate. You got to really know how to cut it off and be like, Okay, me getting into this is gonna be some hate that's gonna come. Fuck it.
Speaker 4: Shout out the nurses.
Speaker 5: And because I've been canceled three times, what you can canceled for I don't even know.
Speaker 1: He just where you high? Yeah, yeah, And I don't think forirst of all.
Speaker 5: I don't disrespect people, so you know what I mean? And if I ever disrespected someone, I don't have a problem saying I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I apologize. People make mistakes.
Speaker 5: You're gonna hate me forever because I made a mistake.
Speaker 1: What the fuck are we talking about here?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So I'm the motherfucker that wake up like y'all get into me yesterday but I'm still fucking here. It didn't work like I'm still here, So I don't believe in that type of shit. I just believe in being me and some people gonna like me, some people not gonna like me. If you don't like me, that's whatever you got going on and your problems that you're facing and your life, that's on you. Because I'm a very fucking likable guy.
Speaker 4: They you try to please everybody, you'll please nobody.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, will fucking likes me.
Speaker 2: I fucking love you have, either of y'all met somebody, Rubeduvil's with somebody, sat down with the podcast with somebody where you're just like, yo, shit, I can't believe we're fucking doing this.
Speaker 1: I love Mike Tyson, dude, that's the that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Mike Tyson is one of the gas.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean those perspective. Most obviously, you guys have built something special. We got some you have access to all these different things. You've got new experience and.
Speaker 1: Saying that you know, we took to right. So it's like that's our guy.
Speaker 5: Like for me, it'd be it'd be the guys like Kevin Durant. He's a basketball you mean Kevin Garding that shut up you made? And Lillard? Yeah, I mean when I'm playing one on one against Donovan Mitchell. You know, when I'm playing one on one against Trey Young. Because me, my dreams, my first love. And I tell my wife this, my first love was going to the basketball baby, you my second love. Let's not never get this thing on twisted. My first love was basketball, so I thought I was going to the league. Unfortunately, Oh look at that you see now, all right, I'm gonna forgive you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna forgive you. Look, oh, look at this ship. Three time, back to back MVP, three years in a row.
Speaker 2: See them clips. I always catch the clips.
Speaker 5: I catch show some highlights, the wallow ones.
Speaker 4: Oh the motivation, motivation lights, Lazi. I' when we interrupted this episode to bring new something near and dear to my heart, and that is Lucy, not just Lucy, but a Lucy breaker. I am obsessed with these things. I put them on my lip feels good all day. It's a nice little lip pillow that put in a nice little gap between your gums and your lip, and it feels good. A nice little surgeon nicotine, get you going, get your move and it's.
Speaker 1: Had a cup of coffee.
Speaker 4: Lucy is the obvious choice for the true nicotine pouch connoisseur, and that's why we're there. The official nicotine pouch partner of Barstool Sports. Lucy pouches go to twelve milligrams in strength and have a unique shape that feels great. Lucy Breakers are the only pouches with the hydration capsule inside. There are a totally new kind of pouch only available from Lucy. Each Breaker pouch contains a hydration capsule. Think about that for a second. Sometimes when you put a nicotine in you you put it in your lip, it's like, oh, it takes a bit of a minute to get going. Not with Lucy Breakers. Once that capsule you break it with your teeth. You put that in that things already surging immediately. Each Breaker contains a hydration capsule that you crack them with your teeth before tossing it in your lip. The capsule releases a burst of flavor which helps release the nicotine faster. For an experience that you can't find in any other pouch. Gas Station pouches get the job done, but once you try Lucy, you won't want anything else. In your pocket. Get Lucy scroll down my quick Oh that's it there it is, yep, go and zoom in there. That's perfect. Get Lucy ship straight to your door. Visit Lucy dot co, forward slash bust and use promo code busting to get twenty percent off your first order. Subscribe for another fifteen percent off and shipping is always free. Now quick little announcement here, Lucy PROCs are are only for adults of legal age. Every order is age verified. Warning nicotine that contains Sorry warning, this probably contains nicotine and nicotine is an addictive chemical. Let's get back to the episode.
Speaker 2: What do you think? What's next for y'all?
Speaker 1: Only a lot of big stuff coming out. But right now on the twenty, if we got Gillian Wallow knockout party Wilmington, Delaware, Chase field House is going down. We be killing them. So we have back the House pay per view all that shit.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's like a north Star for million dollars worth? The game, whether it's the next deal where you want.
Speaker 4: To be like?
Speaker 1: Deals is easy? Right? It came so easy. Like me and Gil talk about we know what we talk about. We really talk about sitting around talking shit, watching the kids, you know, play sports and leaving the game. That's what me and him talking about. My next dream.
Speaker 5: My next goal in life is to be the next LeVar Ball. That's all you want to do, and that's all I want to do. I just want to go to my uh my grandkids and my nephews games and be on the sideline talking crazy. They all going to the sixers. We're gonna win ten championships in the row. I don't know why y'all put your babies against They different animals.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to they just chill because people don't understand, like, you got to enjoy it because we worked so hard. Everybody works. Nobody thinking about leaving like we're gonna be happy we get we ain't got a wake up and post no more. We always talk about that. Wait till we ain't got a wake up and we're just out the game.
Speaker 4: We talk about, well, do you guys have sid about an exit strategy?
Speaker 1: We got we got Yeah, we've got a few of them.
Speaker 4: You got a timeline for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got about like five years. We probably be done five years. That might be a little too long.
Speaker 4: Now, you want to build something that will sustain itself.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be something that sustained itself. And we we we we're gonna be from here and we're still watching oversea.
Speaker 4: Every sustainability are you talking about like your weak company you have, or you're talking about from like a podcast, from a media standpoint.
Speaker 5: From a media standpoint, from the front of the ball. On the marijuana strand, I like to call it flower, you know, shout out that it's expanding every day, going into more and more stores, gros Strands, Gilly Grows. I got three strands, Gilly Wonka, PERP thirty and mule Kick.
Speaker 4: What do we just that Gilly Wonka's gay. I had one hand and I feel like, you know, that's why that funeral.
Speaker 5: I was about to swing it back around. But Will, he's sitting over I saw him. Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you be able to finish this.
Speaker 2: I'll be I'll be mute here after another.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when we smoke, it does either get really talkative or Will just sit there with his mouth open smile.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I mess with Will man. I fucking love you.
Speaker 2: One question.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you one question because I got a lot of athlete friends NFL, NBA and a lot of them struggle post league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a lot of them.
Speaker 5: Like, like, I just had a friend hit me up, like he like, Gilly, Man, I've been out the league now for three years. Man, I'm kind of going through it like he like, financially, I'm good if I'm straight, like, but I don't, like, I don't got no purpose, Like, how was it for y'all?
Speaker 2: I mean, we were fortunate because of the blessing with the boys, but it.
Speaker 4: Kind of fit you kind of. I don't know about you, but I kind of feel guilty talking about it almost because it did seem like once we were already doing the podcast while football was happening. Oh, so it was like a seamless transition of like you're going from one purpose to the next purpose, Like you feel like your identity, whether it's wanting to be in the light, still wanting to make sure your name has some sort of recognition, or you want to build something of your own, Like you just kind of went from one to the next. Yeah, And it's kind of like you do feel guilty because you talk to so many guys that are either trying to still be in the league or out of the league now and whether they're financially good or they're still got to work. It's like people go through that where like you go from being basically you get your ass kiss twenty four to seven from the time like you get a scholarship all for the minut you get a scholarship boffer. Your ass is kissed every single day until it's over, and it goes from like, hey, it's so awesome what you're doing. I remember I was in the car with somebody the other day and I was like talking about my knee hurting and they're like, yeah, man, that's your fuck now, and just talking about how like your body, Like people played high school fall and they have injuries and now like that like the hero part is over of being an athlete the end, they're all like, man, that sucks. You have to put your body through that. And it's just like some guys don't have anything to grasp that still gives them that same feeling of whether it's playing football or basketball or hockey or whatever it is. And I feel for them too, because that would be a very lost feeling to have very lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I don't feel gifty talking about it because it's like we we obviously put in a lot of work to get to a spot like this. I know for me, it was like it was year six and I was a backup and special teams guy, and in my position, you don't wish injury upon anybody, but you almost need that to happen if I'm gonna get some time to get on the field, get some film. So I knew I was gonna be I knew going into that next free agency, I was gonna be like a minimum paid guy. I would have to be on a ninety man roster to make the fifty three. So I remember we first started talking about it and I was journaling about it, but it was like, Yo, what am I going to do if this game is done? Because at the end of the day, like, yeah, I'm still gonna play football, but I'm gonna have to grind to make the team every year because again I didn't have the role I was in in Tennessee that year. So when we started talking about doing Busting, it was like, you know, it was something. When we did our first episodes and again when we had on our first guests, and then Barstoll reached out to us. I remember we got our first sponsor from local It was like local anheuser Ajax Turner, and I couldn't wait to call Taylor because it's like, bro, this podcast just offered us, you know, fifteen thousand dollars for ten episodes, and I felt the excitement I had in that moment was like getting my first like NFL check. It was like, Yo, we could we could make a little bit of money doing this. And then Barstil reached out and they want to do a partnership and it's like yo, a media company like bars Little Sports is wanting us to be under our umbrella. Like we got something, and I have joy and going. I love doing this stuff, like getting the still be because everybody misses the locker room whenever you're done playing, Like that's the one thing every ex athlete says. It doesn't matter what I missed, the conversations, you talk about, the winds, loss, all the good times and bad times, but ultimately you like miss the fellas. So getting to do something and create something in the in the stratosphere of like still getting to sit with the athletes, still getting to sit with people, kind of like having your foot in it in the game a little bit more, but getting to do this and transition and maxing money doing it and owning your intellectual property. That was it's it's fucking yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: That was crazy getting that first offer from that local bus because yeah, I was when there we started this, it was legit, like, yeah, we'll just see what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah it Hunter Bridley the real estate company. Yeah, it's a holy ship, bro, like we have we could have. It's wild because once you get off the roller coaster of the NFL, because it is it's like you you reach the top of a mountain and you're you're getting patted on the back, you're getting like you have struck sure around you. You're playing for your playing on the you know, the biggest show every weekend, and then when it's gone, you usually don't know when it's gone, and usually somebody doesn't tell you. You probably get cut, and then you just don't get a phone call again, even though you're working to like, oh, the next call is gonna come, next call is gonna come. But then when you officially know that it's over, there's no the logo's not calling you to make sure you got a job the next day or to make sure you're in good hands, like you got to be in a moment, you got to ride this high and you were kind of catered to the entire time, and then when reality kind of sets in, that's where you kind of get lonely. You kind of you're trying to figure out what that next purpose is. We're in a lot of competitors' minds, what that next roller coaster is. Gilly Wonka is coming out.
Speaker 1: This was a collaborative episode of Busting with the Boys, me and Ols with a game we came through.
Speaker 4: Before we let you go, we have to do one question presented by Twisted. Yeah, I guess now we're talking about sponsors. We want to give a big shot of Twisted tea because Twist tea is refreshing hard ice team maybe with real breutee in five percent alcohol, full of flavor, very refreshing. Twist Tea goes down smooth, there's no carbonation. It makes it easy to drink all day long. Twist Tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game Bait is a perfect alcohol for game day, whether tailgating in a parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home. Twisted Tea is at a turnp your game day, Keep it twisted. Grab a refreshing twisted today. While I was actually just saying I don't drink. I don't smoke, but if I was to ever drink, it would be a twisted tea shout out that our question today, Gilly, this one is for you. Let me just pay a little picture for you. All Right, It's February, the Eagles are in the super Bowl. It's pregame. You have one minute, in thirteen seconds to tell these Eagles right before they're about to go out, listen to national anthem and kick off in the Super Bowl. What are you gonna say for that woman? In thirteen seconds? The floor is night. But before you go get your thoughts about you, I'm gonna start this timer for women thirteen seconds. Okay, you ready go.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, come on, bring it in, bring it in. I'm gonna say, let me tell ya something, fellas. Y'all know what y'all been doing your whole life playing football. Hey, j You've been catching passes your whole life. Queen Yi, you've been locking it up your whole life. Man Cooper, Man, you've been making pleased your whole life. PG. I know you heard, baby, but we're gonna bring this one home for you, Jailing. You've been doubted your whole life. Think about when you was at Alabama, you wasn't good enough. He had to go over to Oklahoma. Think about that. When you got to the league, you wasn't good enough. Think about that, just two super bowls, Jailing, none of the other quarterbacks ain't been in the Super Bowl yet, you're good enough, Chilling Carter. They was comparing you to the next Aaron Donald's. You're better than Aaron Donald. All right, let's not overthink this ship. This ship is football, fellas. That's all it is is football. Let's go out there and make the Please everybody, just do your part. Don't overdo anything else. Just do your part.
Speaker 4: One minute in twenty four seconds. Hey beautifully said it was good, cool, very nice, very nice.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you guys so much for coming with it, coming that it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: We appreciate y'all. It's awesome to see how much y'all kill it. I loved hanging out with you Gilly during war and barstool dude, that was a great time.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, man, Appreciate y'all. Man,