Speaker 1: Slevety book Club.
Speaker 2: Hey, baby, this is just a PSA. Today's huge episode. It's about Share.
Speaker 3: Baby, it's a big fat episode and her memoir is a real heavy one. So guess what, baby, we're breaking it up into two parts.
Speaker 2: Look, preser it gets two episodes.
Speaker 3: I sure as he'll do too, So please enjoy this. But now that there is one more big fat episode on Share to come next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so settle in and buckle up. Slay book Club, Cherylyn.
Speaker 3: If you walk out of that door, you're never coming back.
Speaker 2: Mama. I love Sonny.
Speaker 1: I don't care that man's not good for you. He's much older and Sicilian. I don't trust him. He's not as rich as you are.
Speaker 2: Pretty Share Please, babe, we're Armenian. Who cares if he's Sicilian? And he treats me right better than I don't know? Husband won two, three, four, five, five again six, Babe.
Speaker 1: Chroylynne, all those man I did for you, I found husbands that would provide for us.
Speaker 2: Mama, Babe, I just wanna sing. And Sonny's promised me that he says he's gonna introduce me to Philip Spector. Mama, where's my swede? Vest? You bought me at the sears.
Speaker 1: Last month, Chrolyn, I wore that swayed vest to a cocktail party with my other submin wives and they all said, that's a vest for a mature lady, not a young girl. You're just fourteen, little Chrilyn. You can't be going off in living with a Sicilian man. And let me tell you something about that phil Spector. He's never gonna give you the time of day. No, no, no, you're not the Ronettes.
Speaker 3: Oh you're beautiful, You're beautiful, my cup.
Speaker 2: But you can't sing, MoMA. I'm just trying to do what you wanted to do, which was sing, babe, do up if I could turn my chime. I'm sorry, Chlene.
Speaker 3: I know I heard you.
Speaker 2: Ollu Walner move in with Sonny, babe, and I'm gonna make so much money singing with that Philip Specter. I'm gonna buy you and dea house. I'm gonna come back here. You mock my words, Mama, babe. I'm gonna come back here with a big old check and a big old red Cadillac, and I'm gonna have a paper bag of money and I'm gonna jump it on the bed and We're gonna live hard class.
Speaker 3: But don't you say I didn't warn you when it all falls to.
Speaker 2: Mama.
Speaker 3: No, you can go through the window. That's more dramatic.
Speaker 2: I'm so thin, but it's not in style yet. I can justly loose window.
Speaker 3: Oh, get your skinny little lass out of here.
Speaker 2: My ass is gonna fat when I come back. I'm all this ciling and cooking.
Speaker 3: Who's that knocking at the door. It's all your friends, you filthy horse. Your husband's gone and you've got books the bottle of wine to kill. It's Hollywood, it's books, it's gossip. I'm sure it's memoirs Martini.
Speaker 2: Celebrity puff Club to read it while it's hot.
Speaker 3: Celebrity puff Club, I tell your secrets.
Speaker 2: We won't talk celebrity books.
Speaker 1: No, boys are a loud cleto say it loud and pound celebty poop club.
Speaker 2: Buzz me in. I brought the queer feel.
Speaker 3: Hey, best friends, her best friend?
Speaker 2: Hi, best friend. How you doing, babe?
Speaker 3: How you doing baby?
Speaker 2: It's a sunny day at CBS lot.
Speaker 3: Happen, New Year, Babe.
Speaker 2: Happen New Year Babe. We're recording live from Real Loss from Vegas.
Speaker 3: Where there's a heara underneath the tropic canna in the launder room.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, let's get straight freaking into it. Because the book we read was.
Speaker 3: Long, Mama, it was long just getting started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like we're gonna have to do like five other epps about this book and the second part we are talking about today. None, No, the the Mother, of course we're talking about.
Speaker 3: She's one of the ones, literally the ones.
Speaker 2: There's only a few.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's right up there with God and Madonna. Of course, we're talking about Share and.
Speaker 2: Her book, Share the Memoir Part one.
Speaker 3: He it's a heavy book. You read this book and you're just like, on page one hundred, she's still age four.
Speaker 2: But yet she's already moved in with Sonny. And then it's like your page let's say seventy five, and you're reading it and you're like, are we still on her great grandmother's childhood or her grandmother's child.
Speaker 3: She's very not a single detail and it ends in just like nineteen eighty and you're just like, oh, so she hasn't even like done any of her big movies or.
Speaker 2: Like, well, that's kind of actually, I would say the point of this book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is to say this was her first act.
Speaker 2: This was her first act. This book is about her great grandmother's childhood.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This book is about the South. It is about about the West. It's about the wild West.
Speaker 3: About America and mythology.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's about moving to California with a goddamn dream and the men who keep you from it. Yeah, but also the men who bring you to California. Yeah, and say you've got something about you, but then take it off from you.
Speaker 3: It's just like every week there's a man going you got something, kid, for like the first fourteen years of her life.
Speaker 2: If I may just situate you kind of in the past for a second, just so you know where you're just like, what the hell are you talking about? With like all of her great grandparents. You turn to a page and you're like, oh, this is like a tree book about the mines. Isaac blew up stumps for the railroad for a living, and that day he lit too close on the dynamite fuse. He was blown sky high in the explosion. Widowed and penniless, Margaret struggled the feet her family when she lost the small farm she could only afford to keep the two youngest boys send the rest to relatives. They didn't know Skinny, shine, tiny, and you're like, wait, what.
Speaker 3: You said that this book is They call a schoolers sketch about the past, and it literally is like you had another selection from the first fifty pages of the book. While in Reno, there was a local beauty pageant. Linda urged Mom to enter, even though neither thought she could actually win. I'm being southern now. Mom was amazed when she crowned the model Miss. She won a cash prize and her picture was in the paper for days. In one photograph, she was winking at someone in the audience, and when I asked who that was, she said it was my grandmother. My grandmother was even more excited when she spotted Ernest prim millionaire, who was a regular in the Gardena club in La where Linda was his favorite waitress. Ernie was a middle aged bald in Texan with the property and pilot included Rito's Pallet Club, Casino and the Prima Donna Club. It was a match made in heaven, my grandmother's greed and his money. Linda was eager to introduce a single daughter to the man she called the big bass.
Speaker 2: Everyone is like a roven singer in like an old saloon that's taken on a child, but then like a dog goes missing, so they had to shoot their first son. There's a photo in here of her grandparents, and her grandfather looks like the scariest like hating of like an old man. And then she reveals.
Speaker 3: Fully from eighteen oh one. It's like he.
Speaker 2: Has like the craziest beard, these actually very kind of filson coated like oil tinned pants. And then it's like revealed that he snapped a kitten's neck in half, and they're like he was an angry man, but he was blown up in the factory five. So he got his.
Speaker 3: Because like the kitten was drinking milk, and they's.
Speaker 2: The depression, yes, the depression.
Speaker 1: They had no money for food, and that milk had to last the whole family for a week. So when that kitten started drinking the milk, well he snapped its next clean off. Well I never forgave him for that. I never did my grandmammy. But then he struck gold but lost it all, you know.
Speaker 2: So we were penniless again.
Speaker 3: And you're just like share are you even born?
Speaker 2: Which I also like really respect her for setting us in a place in time and doing kind of like a true epic memoir about this where she's just like, no, bitch, I'm sure you need to learn about Grandpappy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the Barber streis End thing where it's like, you don't tell share to edit her memoir. Now she says Part one will be four hundred pages and it's gonna stop in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: You're like, absolutely, absolutely, But even until the end of the book, when it's like so much has happened and there's still so much to tell, she's being like, so, I was in the Hollywood Hills with my friend Kate. We were at a Jupanese restaurant and we were getting an argument. I don't remember about what, but we were drinking a lot of socket. And then the next morning I said, I don't know, you could get a hangover from so much socket. You're kind of like, huh, so, Nolan.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna follow up with that one.
Speaker 2: And it's all leading up to this, like you.
Speaker 3: Know, the climax of the book. You get argument you don't really remember.
Speaker 2: And it sounds actually like the most like classic kind of empty Japanese place was free soake. No.
Speaker 3: I mean, we all know the two pm empty Japanese restaurant VI.
Speaker 2: But there's nothing better.
Speaker 3: There's nothing better than getting in a fight with your close friend and.
Speaker 2: You're like, you know what, bitch, this free house Saki is actually making me. Remember you said something seven months.
Speaker 3: Or something about like when the bill is fifty two five fifty two, it's just really and like make people be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So basically this is part one and it only goes till nineteen eighty, and you know we're in a big part one place Wicked has now been out for a month, yes, and two weeks, but like how a lot of stuff is like part one, Part one. I'm just like, but sure you deserve the part one because I also like that. It's like Barber stars and put out a nine hundred page book and it's like this was so long, but it was still feasible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no it was. And there are parts where it would really kind of get going and I would just be like, oh, I'm interested. There were parts when I was just like this feels daunting and I don't feel like I've really cracked it yet. The first like twenty five pages are funny because it's so casino, right, and then the first one hundred pages are like I'm glad I know this all about you childhood. But then I'm also just like, okay, okay, you got a bike for your sixth birthday?
Speaker 2: Right, because also you see like it coming You're like, we're at a hundred and we're a bike, Like when are we getting to you? And Greg Allman? Then you realize you're like, oh, we're not covering Moonstruck.
Speaker 3: And there's something about it because like she's not really that introspective, which I think sometimes I like in a book to not be like so like she doesn't seem so obsessed with herself. She we're just telling you what happened. But there is I would say an excessive amount of plot.
Speaker 2: Like it's really plot driven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in a way that's almost like this already feels like it's nine seasons of a show about her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Which is it's funny that you say this book is so plot because okay, so I find like a lot of her earlier music is extremely plot driven, which also was the style of that time.
Speaker 3: Has that thing where she says she doesn't like it, No, what's weird about this book. She never talks about her music at all. Yeah, like so then I was recording my seventh album at this time. But then it's like just a passing sentence and then it's back to like tons of drama.
Speaker 2: With her and the lot she's afraid of flying. I mean, I would say the most she talks about music, let's just kind of get into the music covered in this book.
Speaker 3: Is she literally thinks gypsy tramps and thieves, Like it's like your text, ohold story, and it's like, girl, this book is story.
Speaker 2: It's like gypsy tramps and thee is like the most iconic song she's tramps and thieves.
Speaker 3: But I kin think like is the reason that she doesn't really express a lot of interest in row music is because she's just kind of this old school singer because she doesn't think of herself as an amazing singer. She's just like the.
Speaker 2: Things of herself as an enter Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so it's like she shows up to the studio their land on tracks, other people are writing the song. She's kind of like, Okay, what are we singing today, honey, and then she you.
Speaker 2: Know, try this. Well. The beginning of her music career though it's also has to do with the self esteem, and I think basically like the insanity of working for mister Philip Spect, who was a tyrant and a killer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's also like my hair twin.
Speaker 2: It is wig like heavier than yours.
Speaker 3: So it's just like left uncamped like that is.
Speaker 2: So childhood. It's blah blah blah. Her mom is married like nine thousand times and it's so iconic, and everyone is like a different sexier hairin annict to than the next.
Speaker 3: And she's always kind of been like rolling her eyes being there, oh, okay, mom, husband number four, and she's like kind of implying that her mom is like an absolute like sex and love addict.
Speaker 2: Her mom needs to go to love addicts synonymous.
Speaker 3: And then also saying like this is the time women had to get married. That was their retreat money baby, and she just always felt safer in a marriage, and so that's what she was going to do over and over again, even if it was to a man who was penniless. But of course she preferred married men.
Speaker 2: Who were rich. And she literally her mom literally marries Harper Collins, the Harper Colin.
Speaker 3: Oh that was crazy. His name was just like John Harper Percollins.
Speaker 2: But then the reason why they divorced is because he was two into old juice, Babe.
Speaker 3: I was insane, Like so my mama, No, she was still a good Southern girl and she wouldn't want to have a threesome.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna just yeah, let's find HarperCollins. Well you finally let me give a little background. So her mom also was brought to La by like her iconic Oklahoma daddy, because her mom moved to La to become a star.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and her mom was being like so Barbara Payton in this way yeah, and also kind of like like not so drug addict, but just going of like normal alcoholic and then in a nineteen forties way, she.
Speaker 2: Was Barbara Payne, but she was also I feel like they were pushing her to be kind of this like Shirley Temple like saloon girl. Like her grandfather would bring her mom to doc saloons and she'd be six years old being so Mason Ramsey singing. Everyone was being like, give that girl a penny.
Speaker 3: So then she marries I don't know if this is HarperCollins or a different rich guy, but like they moved to some huge house in LA and they have a walk.
Speaker 2: That's I think the HarperCollins guy.
Speaker 3: Thanks for him. I was sent to a fanci school next Steak, and for one glorious summer, Lobster became my favorite fool. Mom laughed a lot around him, who wore the most expensive of everything, and his home was decorated with impeccable taste. But Joe swung too far the other way from my mother too, because beneath the panache, he was a party animal who liked to drink and was too wild in the bedroom. When he told her that he wanted to be more experimental sexually and involve other women, Oh that was something naive Jackie Jean from Arkansas simply couldn't face. Shocked, she told him, you know, I love you, Joe, but I can't do that. They tried for a long time to work it out, as neither Joe or my mother wanted to face the end of their marriage, but the fantasy was over.
Speaker 2: I'm so obsessed that HarperCollins guy was just being like, babe, what about threesome tonight? And she's like, I can. I'm a lady from Markanson is like, but I don't want to divorce you and I love little sheer Lynne and they're like, the threesome tonight is non negotiable.
Speaker 3: She communicated about your conna about boundaries and.
Speaker 2: Needs because you're not getting your needs. Matt, Yes, I think it's kind of cool. He was being pretty honest, more honest than Sonny Bono. Later on in their marriage.
Speaker 3: Was actually cheating on her.
Speaker 2: With waitresses, vegas employees, production girls, assistance drivers, cashiers, makeup artists.
Speaker 3: He was running around on her in two times and there she.
Speaker 2: Was believe in him for every word. But so this is so fat, so he gave her Oh no, this was like a different husband. But there's a part where it's like her husband is about to cut off her credit cards. So she takes her daughters to like say, his Realbucking Co and she tells them to go shop and get everything they want. But like Shares being kind of like quote unquote like a tomboy because according to Share, I've always worn Favo ones, my grandma Wolfavo ones, my mother Wolfavo ones. It's boyish.
Speaker 3: She's skinny and let's just say it thin one.
Speaker 2: She invented being thin. But she can enter the hall of fame of her being kind of ugly and freaky and not accepted for her looks, for being tall and thin. Yeah, but I'll say this, her look truly wasn't accepted in the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's kind of not lying, and she I like that she situates a little more historically because at one point she says, my look wasn't a thing yet, and like she was coming out of like the pin up era where it was all about.
Speaker 2: A net food cello Betty painege Marilyn Monroe. It's like big knockers and a push up bra, snatched waist, kind of fluffy but kind of a little more like just a rabbit stuff.
Speaker 3: And like she was obviously like you know, I think tweaky like made being thin more of a thing. But like she was at the same time as Twiggy, and she was kind of bringing up the American side of Thinness.
Speaker 2: Well. But this basically someone says to her, which I think is kind of what really kind of gets it down to looks. He's like, you can be brunette and blue eyes, you can be blonde with brown eyes. You can't be a brunette with brown eyes.
Speaker 3: You're too exousted yes, you're too Arminian, miss Cardassian.
Speaker 2: I know literally like she invented calabasas she invented like being Armenia in La. I mean she's also part choking.
Speaker 3: Half Breed, as she says that the title of her seven nineteen seventy two album.
Speaker 2: Which can I just take a sidebar again?
Speaker 3: This is her just not mention her music career at all.
Speaker 2: The half Breed album and the Gypsy Trumps and Thieves album are so insanely and fab and like seventies and like the use of bells and like it is so amazing and like literally like half Breed, like the sounds of clumping and trolloping and cantering, like the audio design is amazing and so much for early songs have this like amazing kind of Phil Specter sound where you really hear.
Speaker 3: The wall of the wall of sound, which he pioneered.
Speaker 2: Yes, was he a horrible man? Yeah? Did he murder? Sure?
Speaker 3: You know? I saw Ronnie Specter at City Winery when I was an Yeah wait, fab and she like couldn't sing her like the Ronette songs because of like a licensing issue, like because he used toll like own the rights even though he like murdered her or whatever.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's so this book.
Speaker 3: And like the whole show was her. It's kind of like drunk and talking shit on stage and just yeah, I mean I feel it was a nasty man.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was iconic.
Speaker 2: Literally iconic. And it's like I feel like he probably was still alive when you saw her, because I think he like died two years ago. Yeah, And basically what he did is he invited a woman home to his big mansion. As Chare calls it, spooky Boots. He quotes of that spooky Boots and yeah, he shot it down.
Speaker 3: Wait, you're talking about the Phil Spectra story.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, okay, that happened in like the eighties or early nineties, and it was such a like aspiring B list actress.
Speaker 3: Because when she first like mentions him. So they're at gold Star Studios, which is like Sonny Bono is working there as like an assistant producer, like helping make all these there's like a real factory or churning out like these girl groups and the Rawnettes are recording there, and she's like not totally trusting Sonny it. He wanted to prove to me that he was working. So it took me to meet Philip at his hotel off Sunset Boulevard, and I didn't much like what I saw. He might have been a demigogue to many, but he acted weird, and I didn't like how he stared at me, looking me up and down. He made a dumb ass common in French in front of his friend Vulechevicmir He said, smoking asking me to sleep with him without break, gonna sweat. I gave him a look back and replied, wean, you could have knocked them over with a feather's trademark.
Speaker 2: Dead pant. I mean, she is a comedian, and you really realized in this book. It's like it's kind of crazy, how like the modern gay symbolism of share is so like about believe and you know, if I can turn back time and her thong.
Speaker 3: Her nineties like gay era of her being like I'm a full drag queen now.
Speaker 2: Right when reality she started out much more as just like this cool dead pangianine grab flow.
Speaker 3: So insanely thin and glamorous like that there's no one like, there's no one like her because like you know, you had the gen versus, you had the Carol Burnetts.
Speaker 2: Carol Burnet. She was as a caravan Amazon off.
Speaker 3: Show and they like went on Carole Burnett' show and like that's like kind of how they got their start, and then they basically they filled in for.
Speaker 2: Her, right they filled in for her, and then everyone was like, wait, your guys, this dynamic is like so cool and you're dead pan and like he's silly.
Speaker 3: And it was like he was the silly straight man to her being like dead pan, and.
Speaker 2: They were kind of wause she was like, Sonny was the straight man. But then it's also like she was the straight man in this way because she's like so dead pan sarcastic. So basically he would be kind of like, oh, I'm the Doufest husband a little bit, and then she would eye roll and like make a joke about his mother. They were kind of modeled after my favorite couple of the fifties, Louis Prima and Killy Smith, because Louis Prima was like, you know, crazy and kookie and a singer, and Keilly Smith's look is kind of a precursor to Cher's look, Like it's these like dark brown eyes. She had this insanely straightened bob and then she would just eye roll to Louis Prima's silly jokes Louis Prima Voice of Blue if You.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like she references Lucy and Desi as being the real also that Curt, but of course Lucy wasn't doing glamour in the way that Share was because Share. The obsession with shopping starts very early in this book, and I love that through line. So she has this part where she talks about how to shop with a man and how it's easier. So she's with one of her stepdads who's one of the rich ones, and this is when they moved to New York City, and like she is having to kind of go to all these like cocktail parties in New York with the rich father and she's kind of like thirteen but like sexy and like basically the whole also like have this book is about her being like this, like underage sexual object to older men, and oh is lying about her age. Honey, they didn't really want to know the truth, and I didn't tell them.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of the craziest part about this book is you realize she moves in with Sonny at age.
Speaker 3: She lies to him and tells him that she's seventeen, but she's actually sixteen and he's twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty seven because she's like by the time she's eighteen, they're celebrating his birthday.
Speaker 3: With Warren Beatty when she's like.
Speaker 2: Before that at fourteen, the fourteen and she goes over and like swims at his house and obviously like, well, she loses her virginity to like someone else, which was like the big headline with this book that she like quote unquote like loaned it out to like this guy guy who.
Speaker 3: Was being annoying and she thought that he was kind of like acting too cool around his friends with her, so she fucked him and then dropped him to.
Speaker 2: Get back out of revenge sex.
Speaker 3: Revenge sex, we've all done it, okay, But so when she's living in New York, she is teaching you how to go shot me with a man to make sure we look presentable for the grown up soirees. Mama wanted us to buy dress your clothes better suited to our new lifestyle. She still tried to choose my outfits moment, and I stubbornly wasn't having it, so I'd ask Gilbert to take me shopping instead. With Gilbert I learned the art of shopping with a man. I just made him think everything was his idea. He take a seat, Let me pick the things I liked, going in and out of the dressing room and showing him one outfit after the other. Gilbert would simply give his opinion, asking what I preferred, and agreeing to my choices. He never questioned the process of the styles I picked. It was a wonderful feeling. This is genius. So basically the idea is you go with the man and you let him take part in the evaluation process. You give them a lot of options and then they're choosing and the real circus you like all the options.
Speaker 2: Listen to this, Ladies, make a man think it's his idea, then wrap him around your finger. Okay, you got.
Speaker 3: Him hooked for life. I've done this with my father and it does actually work.
Speaker 2: What do you think we're friends? Baby, I've done this with you many times. Cut to me at Dover Street Market being like, what do you think is this shirt?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, your strict your baby.
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: So her style also like I know the flares were existing then, but like I feel like she and Sunny they fully like invented kind of like the boh dream Catcher flared style. So she sees these girls in La walking down the street. One day, I was walking down Sunset when I spoiled a beautiful blonde with her hair and long braids wearing the most amazing bell bottom pants that made me chase her down the street. I've never seen bells at the bottom of pants that huge. She told me they were called elephant bells. I was like, literally, we need to bring that back. A line called elephant bells and it's the biggest flares you've ever seen. Hers had big flowers all over them and were laced with raw hot. I asked to wear. She got them, and she told me my fronmysm and juicing herself as Colleen. She took me to her tannic cover hole the back of a drug cleaner on Sunset was she and a flame headed Irish girl named Bridget were creating pants and every color. And then her and Sonny move Colleen and Bridget into their house and like, Sonny buys a like industrial sewing machine and they just share designs the clothes, and then Bridget and Colleen are like sewing them, and then they're having this like amazingly flare factory.
Speaker 3: You just like find a girl in flares on the street and then you're like, you're moving in with me, and now you're part of my whole outfit factory. But you know, it was essential because the wordship was essential to their success.
Speaker 2: And then they go to London and like go on to shopping spree and like Carnaby Street, and then they come back where.
Speaker 3: Fashion was exploding in the sixties dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're being like, oh my god, London's crazy. Also, throughout her entire London trip, she was like, it was the most fun we ever had. The food was horrible that I mentioned that.
Speaker 3: I love that she keeps saying the food was bad, But I'm also like, sure you don't eat what the food was bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure. She was again like such a like big Carnabie Street table. There's like so many drinks and like weird plates, and she's like taking a sip of like beans, being so like this is probably what my memote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all just like so much boiled meat.
Speaker 2: And they come back after their trip to London and realized they've gotten famous. But I mean, which is also kind of fun. I'm like, yes, you invented flares and like suede, but that was also like the style of the time.
Speaker 3: It was a perfect storm where there's a little bit of mythologism where she's just like, I was so excited by this style that people weren't ready for. But then the British invasion and the Beatles and Carnabie Street got people ready for these like more mad silhouettes of just like the tighter pants and the flaring and the wilder colors. But her like excitement about it was what drove her to like create these outfits and like incorporate them into their act, and like that was really you can't fake that. She wasn't following Trench.
Speaker 2: She was she was creating trends. And then the thing that they did create is making the hairstyles where it was like her hair was totally straightened, so she looked like Cleopatra and.
Speaker 3: He looked like Caesar. And so they started going by Caesar and Cleo, which didn't really hit, and then they went by Sonny and Shai.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I have a question for you. Do you find Sonny at this time?
Speaker 3: Yes, he's got the mustache she's got the mop top like, I'm into it to me.
Speaker 2: Without the mustache, Sonny is funky boots looking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but with the mustache like it really works to me.
Speaker 2: It kind of goes to show kind of the control a certain type of man can hold over a woman, a controlling man, where I'm like, damn sure, this guy ain't that hot.
Speaker 3: He's totally hot. He's got a hairy chest. I mean, the hair is insane, I will say.
Speaker 2: I mean he's like kind of like Muppet us.
Speaker 3: It's a little muppetty.
Speaker 2: Yes, so kind of in this time, I'm you know, they basically they record I Got You, Babe, and it goes like freaking wild.
Speaker 3: You know that She performed at my mother's high school, at Louisville Girls High School in solo or with Sonny. So this was like in sixties. This was during this time when they were like gigging it up everywhere constantly.
Speaker 2: And as someone says about Sonny, if you told him there was a gig down the street, he'd speed right there.
Speaker 3: No. It was like if you had to go to a gig in San Francisco, he'd stop in San Berndino on the way to do another gig, like he couldn't get enough. He was working into the bone. And it turns out why, well, they actually had two hundred and seventy thousand dollars in back taxes that they are the irs.
Speaker 2: So this is kind of a classic story, and like everyone like, listen up, this is what happens. It's like, you can have a hit single and do I Got You babe, and you know, record your hit comedic nightly program with hilarious skits. But if you don't pay those taxes, yeah, you can get.
Speaker 3: Creative types just get really afraid of paperwork and business stuff. And I think that we have to remember to hire those accountants. Wait. I love when they're first dating. They're not actually dating. She's just like roommates.
Speaker 2: He thinks basically like she's funny, and he's like if you clean and cook, like you can just like live.
Speaker 3: Here because he's like, I'm not attracted to you, and she's like, honey, I'm not attracted to you. Like I'm sixteen, and they're living at this random apartment in Hollywood and he has like so many girlfriends and he's such a ladies man. And one of the girls who came to the apartment told me that she knew Sonny was cheating on her. That's just how he is. I suppose the news didn't supprime me well. Waiting for his divorce, Sonny started seeing several women, including one who claimed she was pregnant with his child, took us money for an abortion, along with two other men to whom she made the same claim, and flew to Hawaii together teeth fix instead. That chick was so smart she got a suntan and a teeth fixed all on their dime. I'm obsessed with tell you man, you're pregnant, then going to Hawaiian getting dental work portion money.
Speaker 2: A lot of this book is very like escaping to Hawaii in like a way that I feel like we can't anymore. No, although like later on she's with Greg Allman of the Almond Brothers, who has had a horrible heroin addiction, and they're like, let's just go to Hawaii to beat this thing out, babe, And like they're in Hawaii, but then they like can't even go to any restaurants because like men are getting like so mad at Greg Almon being like stopped taking like one of our women because they like think shares Hawaiian and they're like, stop dating our local beautiful Hawaiian women. And he's like, man, he's nodding off, and she's like, so from then on we just stuck to the beach. But I feel like everyone's been like we had to hut out.
Speaker 3: Wait, and you're saying, we can't do that go to Hawaiian anymore.
Speaker 2: I guess it's there's all these high rises and there's paparazzi in Hawaii. Now, okay, Share, I'm sure you could rent a huge villa and hide, but it's less of a like let's rent a like tiny little cabin and just like just hied away from it.
Speaker 3: All right. I mean, it's like when Kristin CAVALII, it was like sandals during the pandemic for like three months.
Speaker 2: We got the photos fast of her with the.
Speaker 3: Pigs, right, that's because she's posting them.
Speaker 2: Also, I want to talk about her and Sonny's divorce.
Speaker 3: Wait, but we actually didn't even talk about the vest thing, and I just want to get that quickly. Let's in terms of her fashion, there's this whole period in her life where she's basically seen fashion on the street and like running after it. One day, we were driving down Los Cienaga Boulevard when I spotted an amazing bobcat for vest blowing in the breeze outside a sandal store owned by an Armenian leather worker named Andrew Macochian. Whoa, so, I shrieked, stop back up? What he cried wondering was wrong? Look at that? Oh Sunny, I just have to have it. He parked the car, we ran in and I tried on the vest. It was too big for me, so I made Sunny trod on. He bought it a wore for years until he made the mistake of loaning it to Jerry Wexler for a costume party. The two already had bad blood, and after the party, Jerry said it was still that.
Speaker 2: Bard is so in. Let's break it down first. One, I set this audio to you when I was on the plane and I was leaving LA and I was like, wait, that is so me in a car like passing by a store being like wait is that a bowling shirt?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Turn around right now?
Speaker 3: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Son? Let's all just say this. She got babe from her her mother. Okay, so she started calling Sonny babe. He started calling her babe. They started saying babe, which created I think a California way of speaking. I think they and like, yes, her mom was calling her babe. I think in a little more like hey, babe, like kind of Southern. I think she invented literally babe, babe, babe, Kristen Kim, Kate Boe, Wurney, Luren Jessee Like, Yes, she created flares, Yes, she created teas hair. Yes, she created wearing like a song in a music video.
Speaker 3: Yes, she literally invented being thin with straightened hair, with straightened hair and like not having tits.
Speaker 2: Also wearing like kind of wide like boyfriend jeans with a little top. Yeah, little white jeans, little top for the white like jeans.
Speaker 3: But she also invented babe babe. What's funny because she's not a valley girl. She doesn't have like a vocal fry.
Speaker 2: No, I mean where Cher gets her amazing way of speaking?
Speaker 3: Is it just Armenian ness?
Speaker 2: Is it Kim's Armenian?
Speaker 3: She certainly doesn't. It's funny. You know, She's part of a long line of women with husky voices that become like sex symbols, like Demi Moore.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about Demi so much book because it's like Demi really kind of has her look the long straightened black hair, thin hot, like kind of like Col Rocker.
Speaker 3: You know, there's something almost like proto feminist about it, of like a woman with a deeper voice being a sex symbol, because I do feel like today's sex symbol women are so kim who like I talk like this.
Speaker 2: Baby always well baby, this was happening on the sexual revolutions, would stock baby.
Speaker 3: Would she like wasn't participating because Shenao lot drugs, but.
Speaker 2: She did love kind of back to the music, but all like when they started and it was so girl group. I think she really loved like Hendrix and Janis Joplin, but like she didn't like drugs and like Sonny was so kind of like Sicilian and just like cigar coded and drinks that they stayed away from it. She saw all her stepfathers be addicted to dope.
Speaker 3: You know. So there's this actually quite interesting part where later on she's like, we kind of miscalculated. So there's basically kind of like two eras of Sonny and Share. There's first them starting out as a music duo. That's when I Got You Babe comes out. This is in the sixties, and then there's all this political change happening, and she's kind of like acknowledging that it's going down. And obviously people are being super anti at the Vietnam War. There's a lot of drug use, and there's this counterculture revolution happening, and they're like, wait, we suddenly became like more conservative. So she's talking about Alan Ginsburg Timothy Leary, the Harvard psychologists who recommended these psychoedelic drugs for mind expansion. He became famous for his turn on tune in drop out message with I thought was dumb. I never took drugs and the idea of taking acid didn't turn me on. So while everyone else was tripping playing acid rock a machin in the streets to protest the Vietnam War, Sonny and I with a straight square couple who sang middle of the road songs, didn't engage in drug culture. And now in the era of free love, we became uncool for being married.
Speaker 2: Well, and they were like getting into this also very like TV couple vibe. So she was like liking that music and like didn't believe in the Vietnam War. But she wasn't gonna be so like merching the streets. I think also because Sonny was like, no, we need to market ourselves as like a kooky, sexy couple on TV that like everyone loves, yeah for like America.
Speaker 3: I think he had like, yeah, a slightly more anachronistic idea of like what would be a like popular Middle America couple like product because their music was a little bit more folk rock, and it was like, I mean, I guess that's also what like Janice Joplin was doing, but I just feel like it was a little bit more like retro if you listen to hipp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like if you listen to her like sixties records, they're a little more like girl group. And then her number one single is actually kind of more famous by Nancy Sinatra, which is Bang Bang my Barbis shot mood Down, which it's actually a little sound Yeah, it's a little more kill Bill new war Manson's Sunsets story very western, like their vibe I think was a little bit more about being like Hollywood and less like.
Speaker 3: By gay scary, really scary.
Speaker 2: But then they do this huge MLK concert and Chaer was really like proud that they were like part of this MLK.
Speaker 3: She's consciously realizing they need to recalibrate because they're kind of losing their edge at this moment when everyone's being hippy dippy, and when she sees Jimmy Hendrix at that like benefit for RFK, after he like dies and then like he's like, you got.
Speaker 2: Any stuff and she's like, what stuff, babe, And she's like a slowly realized he was talking about drugs, okay. And then there's this amazing scene when her and Sonny go to Salvador Dolly's house. Oh, and she's like, we walked in with a crew, and we realized we had walked in just at the end of an orgy, and she's kind of embarrassed that Sonny Bono and their other friend are acting so like silly, Like I feel like they're being kind of these guys that are like, oh, we're just gonna like laugh to cover up that they're feeling awkward about the orgy, and I feel like cher was kind of a little more interested in like what was going on. And then Salvador Dali, like who sounds honestly so fucking annoying, invites them to this big dinner and.
Speaker 3: Then leaves after five minutes and it's like we have a previous engagement and goes to sit at.
Speaker 2: A table like two tables over right, which is so like surrealist of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I've talked about surrealism. I do think it's annoying.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like we have a full up on Dolly and him being annoying, and it's like elephants coming out of a head.
Speaker 3: But she's also she's also being like, oh, I feel like such a Squaresville because they're all being such like.
Speaker 2: No, That's what I'm saying, Like, I feel like she would have kind of rolled harder with Dolly, but felt like she was with Bono and was like, oh, I kind of have to like roll with my guys.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, though, she literally doesn't like drugs, and she is not a New York person, like she is an LA person and she is being.
Speaker 2: Like La sober.
Speaker 3: She is like La sober, and so they're being so like New York glitterroddy where drugs.
Speaker 2: Drugs were rather permits. And ultimately she's a house not so she's big house. And throughout this book, she's they're buying so many different houses, and she's always wanting so many different houses. She's always been like fun of Loo, we had the house in the hills, but then she was being like, oh, Sunny, I'll stay with you if you like give me this house in Malanto.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she keeps meeting bigger houses until they're having that house with like separate masters that they're living in with their fake marriage when they're.
Speaker 2: But all the while, also why she's like kind of afraid of being more counter called her too, is she's like completely under his control and he slowly in the relationship does not let her literally see movies alone.
Speaker 3: All of Britney conservatorship, where like.
Speaker 2: She can maybe go shopping with one friend, but he'll like be very or Kelly and like be like you have to be back in the thirty five in a minute guy.
Speaker 3: To follow her. And like when they're in Vegas and like one of the band guys like sees her in the casino alone, he's like so scared because he knows he's gonna get in trouble. That share is like not with Sonny and is like out of the dressing room.
Speaker 2: And then this turning point comes where like she's like wakes up and hears voices in one of their big houses mm hmm and whispers, and she basically sees them hooking up yeah with his assistant.
Speaker 3: And like the check is then like leaving and she's being like what the fuck.
Speaker 2: And he's been like, oh, I'm so sorry. So then she's like, okay, two can play this game. Cut to them in Vegas. They also go this range of kind of like in your Sinatra were at this point also in the sixties, like you could kind of, I think, go a few routes of like Hendricks or like Vegas was starting, so it's like the Elvis and the Sinatras and you could like get a Vegas show and be a little more like fab and just like have a steady check.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But and this comes back to her like that's where she think fits more naturally politically. She was like, yes, I liked McGovern and not Nixon, and like my mom was so Nixon with her yard sign. But like she's like, yes, I supported RFK. I thought he was what we Bobby, Like I thought we needed Bobby. But she's like ultimately like I'm not being so.
Speaker 2: Like she's not in the streets on the streets, sobbing but she's not a preppy. Yeah, I mean, she's definitely more of a hippie, and Sonny does support mc governance. She goes to her mom's house when the mom does put Nixon signs in the yard, and she's being a little more like woke office girl that comes home from Thanksgiving and takes the signs out of the yard.
Speaker 3: She's absolutely we office girl and Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Less fully protests every day getting arrested like in a beret.
Speaker 3: But ultimately their Vegas act and their whole TV show, which we'll get into on part two of part one of Share, is like it is way more old school, like borshed belt hilarious.
Speaker 2: Like jokes about in law send marriages jokes, and.
Speaker 3: Like she's ribbon him on his height and he's ribven her for being so damn thin.
Speaker 2: Also, age was totally different then, so like Sonny was at this time like thirty three, and to be thirty three in nineteen sixty five is basically like being fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, age was so different then, because like the whole time, she's still just like twenty two, which is like forty for a woman.
Speaker 2: Right, and she's already like left Philip Specter, she's like I Got You Babe has come out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also when people were in their thirties, they looked one hundred because nobody drank water bag.
Speaker 2: So they are being a little more like Vegas, less like protest. Yeah, though of course classic all sixties like they are absolutely like sobbing when JFK dies in a way that just.
Speaker 3: Like all were, we all were, you know, the world as we knew it changed. I remember when the nuns wheeled in the television.
Speaker 2: Every Bird's and we got under our desks and I came home early that day and Daddy lit up his cigar and he says, I'm going to bed early. I've never seen Daddy go to bed early. Tunny's controlling, basically, guys, is the tea?
Speaker 3: Yeah the tea? Is he super controlling.
Speaker 2: Let's just say the beginning of their divorce starts in Vegas when she sleeps with one of their band members.
Speaker 3: Well, but she doesn't actually sleep with him.
Speaker 2: Then well, she kisses him and then they sleep together.
Speaker 3: No, but not until after they leave Vegas, remember.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then they have the conversation She's like, I want to sleep a bill and I want a house in Malibu.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then He's like, how long do you need and she goes two hours and then she goes, but she actually just talks to Bill and cries about how sad her marriage is and how controlling he is and how hard. Yeah, but then she does sleep with Bill in Malibu two weeks later.
Speaker 2: What's really sad is when they do kiss in Vegas. She's like, that's what I imagine as a teen kissing to be like Sonny didn't kiss, which is so sixties.
Speaker 3: That revelation's crazy that Sonny didn't like kissing.
Speaker 2: And she like had it, have like a kiss for years and she just like made out for the first time.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy. It's cool that she's still young then, so it's like.
Speaker 2: It doesn't it's not too sad. She's like twenty three Actually fuck turn mac segments.
Speaker 3: How does she live? What does she eat? Not mad? Not much, honey, because she's so busy like being a diva. But what does modern chare eat?
Speaker 2: No, I think we should share for this book share and then next episode will two part.
Speaker 3: So this is what a share eat in the sixties.
Speaker 2: And throughout this book which goes to nineteen eighties. So here's what I'm saying, I think it's sixties share eats like Spagodian meatball's midbust Sonny, and it's so like little apartment one pot.
Speaker 3: Portion sizes were so much smaller than.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's making kind of like a cartoon Lady in the Tramp spaginning meatballs for them.
Speaker 3: Do you think that he's making like three really big meatballs.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, for some reason, the money is sicilian. I kind of think he's being a little prego sauce and actually like not being so like his home.
Speaker 3: Sure him like chopping onions.
Speaker 2: I think he's chopping onions to a bottled sauce. What people do it?
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, the sixties was so like canned everything. Yes, Like my mom was like I never said until she was like forty, and they're.
Speaker 2: Being so like we were struggling out as honey, like we ate dinner on a cardboard.
Speaker 3: Box and he's making prey go and she can't even conceive like how to even do prego. She's like somehow burning the prey go.
Speaker 2: And then they would go to another Italian restaurant if they ever went out, because he would never let them like eat out because he was so like scary and controlling and was like no man can see he was so controlled. And then it would be like garlic bread, wine pasta doll of fifty and it.
Speaker 3: Was like a dollar seventy five with a glass of wine.
Speaker 2: I feel like by the end of the book, she's doing like sushi and Laurel Canyon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so she hadn't been invented yet in the sixties. She's doing obviously outfits. She's wearing flairs, she's wearing bests, she's wearing Bob Mackie. Yeah, it's a lifelong relationship with Bob Mackie.
Speaker 2: And its sequins. It's like also all about flares that she is having her girlfriends cut in like different sweded liners in so it's like oil tin swede patches as like a raver would do with like fleece and wide legs, do you know what I mean? Like they're cutting up flaars, adding extra frating.
Speaker 3: A panel of fabric to make the flair like complete.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And whether it's beat the Bell, Paisley, your stripes, or you know, fur, definitely. She makes a big point about how like in the sixties she was swayed in fur and how like now she's really anti fur because she gets so Lupita baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that reminds me her writing smile obviously if you've seen her Twitter, and she reveals in this book she's like dyslexic and has learning disability and had a lot of trouble reading as a child, and it was actually Sunny who first like gave her the confidence to like fully read a book for pleasure, which she still does and loves to this day.
Speaker 2: There's a picture in this book of her reading a book in bed with Sunny.
Speaker 3: But for a long time she was like bad at school and like teachers told her that she wasn't applying herself. But it makes me curious because she wrote this, she wrote this question mark because like, obviously this book is not the style of like how she writes. If you've seen her Twitter, which is like so kookie and so stream up consciousness, I'm like much more like just like kind of raw poetry. Yeah, I mean, are we thinking it's the classic thing where she had like many zoom calls with the ghostwriter and they basically like wrote it.
Speaker 2: Well. She reveals that her favorite movie is, of course my favorite movie Auntie Mame, and she's seen it a million times. And the way Auntie Mame writes her book In Auntie Mame is she walks around the room as a nerdy typist, just types a mile a minute, and she is being so share, being like, darling, my puberty was bleak in Buffalo, and then like the nerdy woman is being like, wow, you really lived. Yeah, Agnes is the character, so I think she it was tons of zoom calls and then I think someone was coming over and shares walking around, She's been like full dictation. Baby, I was so mad at Sonny in the spring of nineteen sixty one I could hardly eat.
Speaker 3: That does make sense why the sort of structure of the book is so like just deep till logical, where it's just like time, because you can imagine the team being like, okay, share now nineteen sixty one, this song came out like you did this, and they're giving her some of the time poles. She's like, oh, right, right, well, let me tell you this story, right.
Speaker 2: And they're being like, so in nineteen seventy one, you and Greg all men like were on and off, and she's like, oh, baby, we visited his mama in Macon. There were these two women. I think her name was Diana t Well. She had a barbecue stand. She's one of those people that I think of travel and the food is important. She will try the barbecue. I don't think she's ordering barbecue at home. But like if she goes to the South and someone makes her like an amazing blade of like chicken and beans and corn bread, she's eating it.
Speaker 3: She's not finishing the plate though.
Speaker 2: She's tasting each bite. No, oh my god, No, she's not licking it clean.
Speaker 3: Now, as Ruth Raschel said, a few bites will do.
Speaker 2: She's tossing her hair, being like baby cudding this recipe. I want to make it for chess.
Speaker 3: Okay, how does she live? Here's the real question. So she I feel like she's sot and there's been eras of share.
Speaker 2: So there's so many eras because at one point, when she's with Greg Goleman, her bedroom burns down and she sees it as actually a miracle because she's like, then I was able to import all this Bali wood and I made a modern Bolanese bedroom that was so like, this is my Bolanese tiki.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then she had her Egyptian phase, and then she had her like probably louis the fourteenth phase.
Speaker 3: So she basically is like died in the world Buddha and has ben Buddha forever, and she's like different iterations of Buddha throughout history and like what that would have meant for women throughout.
Speaker 2: History right the sixties when Buddha was just being created. Its being more DreamCatcher.
Speaker 3: I love the part with the brass bed where she was like, I felt so good when me and Sonny polished that brass bed because those other girlfriends would never have sat and polish to bed.
Speaker 2: That part was insane, where she's like, we discovered it was brass, so we got a Brothertle pads out and it's like basically she's saying she's a tomboy and like she is a guys girl and is down to school.
Speaker 3: I'm not just some girl who's gonna sit around like online shopping on Prime Day.
Speaker 2: I am and like current sunny, I think, really love to decorate together. And it's like, actually this very I think tos a couple things where she's like when we were good, we were good, and we would go to a small town and we would antique.
Speaker 3: And we would like we shop for the table and like shop for bulls together, making like kind of like a Japanese screen window shutter.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, that was crazy. They have like blinds.
Speaker 3: He's like busted Venetians.
Speaker 2: Busted Venetians, and he goes and buys like a beautiful woven Japanese tapestry and then cuts it and sews it to each part of the Venetian blind. I was like, literally genius, what can't they do?
Speaker 3: I know, but I also feel like it probably looked like a liv I think it may look like a little dork like it was maybe looking like a little bit wonky sima.
Speaker 2: It probably wasn't perfect, but I mean, she just kind.
Speaker 3: Of made me think of do you remember when in my first apartment in New York I had that dresser I made out of cardboard? Oh no, you weren't living in New York then, but on Tenth Street. Yeah, And I had like used boxes and I like fit them together. I like meet slits and like constructed a dresser out of cardboard.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was a little bit like that.
Speaker 3: It wasn't looking like a cool like you know, Donald ud It doesn't.
Speaker 2: Sound Donald Judge. It also made me think of just like me in college, like going to the store in Chinatown and buying a huge Chinese fan and that's.
Speaker 3: More you being like gay guy with AIDS and like having.
Speaker 2: A bird which is also so share which is also so I'm saying, like I like her style, is that because she's so like, yeah, she is like silk robe and and she starts to kind of, you know, say, like I love gay guys and like AIDS was happening a little bit, but we'll get into that.
Speaker 3: And part two, Part one she fully dates David Geffer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the sucks was amazing, babe, crazy. Okay, we haven't got to chas you guys. That's why we're coming back next week with part two. So part one, Who are you in the book? Right now? I'm a person who read five hundred bages of chair.
Speaker 3: No, you know who you are. You know you're Josita, the German maid who's really bad at her job. And they were like, she was the worst maid ever, darling. She couldn't find her ass with two hands.
Speaker 2: But they're like, Bob, we loved her.
Speaker 3: And then she like moves into some apartment that one of her stepdad's reads for her with Josie to the maid and they're just like being cookie and like burning the curtains.
Speaker 2: I know what it's like. I would so become like roommates with my clients and daughter, and I'm just being like, babe, let's go to the club. Babe, let's go to the club. You are, oh you hit Papa being like, come and play this saloon. I'll play piano, you sing, We're gonna make five cents each.
Speaker 3: This Arkansas like alcoholic minor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, who moves to La to be like I'm gonna make my daughter a star.
Speaker 3: I mean, what I want to be is the girl who's like saying she needs an abortion money and then using that money to get done to work in Hawaii. But I don't know if I have that gumption in that moxie. I haven't scammed enough men.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're not that. I mean you could also be so like SHARE's best friend who's like being her chica in Vegas. But then it's like, oh, girl, I need to keep my job. So I'm actually gonna stop talking to you because like, Sonny has hired so many mafiosos, and we'll talk about all the capo bosses in part part two.
Speaker 3: I give this, but.
Speaker 2: Definitely like it's hard to give the rating now, I don't wanna.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll wait till man, let's wait. We'll wait till next week together, Radin, stay tuned for part two.
Speaker 2: Now You're on the end of your seat.
Speaker 3: Art one a share of the memoir.
Speaker 2: Share Baby Baby bestst.
Speaker 3: This episode was produced by one of the best in the Bears all the Masters, a Master of Production and my Heart Baby, I Love You.
Speaker 2: The supervising producer was our Boos Defar. We were married for nine and a half years. I got pregnant, but then I left him because I fell back in love with my first husband. This episode was executive produced by my old galpal, Christina Effett. We used to run Vegas Baby.
Speaker 3: A sound engineer who pioneer the use of the wall of sound that you've heard and all the best girl groups in nineteen fifty nine. In nineteen seventy three, is Behe Rais He rested me.
Speaker 2: The music, of course, was a little proteg man Stephen pull Host, the young homosexual man that I met on at at Whiskey of Go Go. But his songs are pretty cool, so he did the third remix for Believe I heard the club once and I said, Okay, babe, I should do a theme song for this.
Speaker 3: Originally the game, This pollcast in Las Vegas, Nevada with Prolab Project. We were under contract for four years at the Venetian Basement. Not a lot of people go in there.
Speaker 1: Very dank, very dirty. They wouldn't let us leave, but we were locked up. But we ultimately found a way to part ways and set our assets evenly. And I wish them the best. They run that town with an iron.
Speaker 3: Fits and I wouldn't have an as.
Speaker 2: I love your baby. Look, I didn't want to used to be in the sixties with vinyl sales and everything. So if you want to head over to patreon dot com so I've seen to see the past. Sign up. We get a few more of our musics on music, Hollywood, sex, blove and drugs and rock and roll,