Speaker 1: It's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning, and we've got a second date for you.
Speaker 2: Where a guy tried to lighten the mood at dinner by pulling something out of his pocket.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, which, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Almost got him kicked out of the restaurant. You're going to hear what coming up, but we love to start with your comments. What do you see like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nova said, Jose has been talking about getting a dog forever.
Speaker 3: Dude, get you a puppy. You aren't dating right now, so it's a good.
Speaker 4: Time in my head. I know exactly the puppy i'd buy. I think I know his name.
Speaker 1: Do you mean a rescue Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm totally kidding. What would you name him?
Speaker 5: I think, well, I want to get a little wiener dog, like a long haired one, and so I wanted to name it after a Jimmy Changa, so I'd name him Jimmy.
Speaker 1: That's Jimmy.
Speaker 5: I want to get a little golden one, so it looks like a Jimmy chunky little.
Speaker 1: I really thought he's got plans. I think the dog is going to happen someday. So yeah, we're maybe be a tough first dog. But it'll be cute, but so much. All right, let's get to your second date right now, the.
Speaker 6: Second date update.
Speaker 7: Is there anything more exciting than moving into a new place and getting to redecorate so much? I mean for the first couple hours to be a whole new person. Yeah, plates, new hand soaps, new whipping posts, fresh and clean, and the dances. Glad I moved out, even a new girlfriend to go along with all that. That's how Logan, one of our listeners, recently met someone.
Speaker 6: Logan, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you, you unboxed a girlfriend.
Speaker 8: Man. I wish you know. We had a great time, but I'm not getting her to text me back.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm curious how you met her?
Speaker 6: Well, first, let's get her name.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Megan, her name is Megan.
Speaker 6: Okay, and where did you meet Meghan?
Speaker 8: I met her the good old fashioned way in person.
Speaker 1: Oh that happened? Still, where in person were you?
Speaker 8: I was actually at a department store. Moved into an apartment so I had to furnish it, and I went to the store to grab some stuff, and uh, and there she was. Wow.
Speaker 1: I only go to thrift shops for that.
Speaker 6: So look, how did you connect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So it was like it almost was movie es. I had to grab a hand vacuum and there was one left, and I'm literally grabbing it off the shelf as she's right there and she's like, oh, you know, she wanted it. I grabbed it. So I was like, you know what, take it?
Speaker 9: What chivalry isn't Yeah, you seem like a dirty girl.
Speaker 8: You probably.
Speaker 3: You're a woman.
Speaker 8: Exactly, But I said, I don't mind, but maybe in exchange, I could take you out to dinner or something.
Speaker 1: Whoa, you just went straight there?
Speaker 8: Wow, went straight there. And I didn't know if she was single or married, Like, I have no idea, but were you drunk?
Speaker 2: I just can't imagine like that coming out of somebody's mouth, like second sentence.
Speaker 8: No. Surprisingly, she said yes, since she was like kind of like very upbeat about it and said yeah, and it.
Speaker 4: Was like you take it, No, you take it? No, you take you want to go to dinner?
Speaker 10: She must be.
Speaker 6: Really desperate for that vacuum.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Right, So that's cool. Did you guys end up going out?
Speaker 8: Yeah? So we swapped phone numbers and you know, we texted for a few days.
Speaker 4: That's always good. Get to know each other a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what'd you do?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: We ended up going to one of those hibachi restaurants where they like cooked in front of me.
Speaker 2: Men. Yeah, what were you feeling meeting her there?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: Hunger, I'm assuming is one feeling.
Speaker 3: I mean you've built it up.
Speaker 2: You've said, like there's this movie moment where you guys med. I mean you're obviously really attracted to her. I'd be nervous.
Speaker 8: I was nervous, Yeah, of course, But I have a plan to loosen the mood. You know, like I'm I've been to the Sabachi place before. I know how they do things.
Speaker 5: Let me get you busted out a hand vacuum and sucked up the young.
Speaker 4: The volcano.
Speaker 2: Do they do it the same with every hibachi the onion volcano?
Speaker 1: I know every time? So what was the plan?
Speaker 8: So, like, you know, they do the egg thing where they cracked the egg, cracks the egg. He turns back over to his cart to grab something else, and I grab a piece of bacon out of my pocket and I throw it on the grill.
Speaker 6: That's so funny.
Speaker 5: Bacon in your pocket and not just baked raw bacon in your pocket.
Speaker 3: That is so good.
Speaker 11: You can't.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get kicked out.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 8: Oh my god? So she thought it was the funniest and we are both just cracking up and laughing. Dude, No, the plate was pissed, Like I almost got kicked out.
Speaker 3: I can't believe almost you did? They let you stay?
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course they let me stay. I mean it was just a little piece of bacon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a piece of like wood covered bacon from book.
Speaker 8: I had it in a ziploc bag like it was fine, Okay, it.
Speaker 1: Does feel better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, better than loose bacon.
Speaker 7: The okay, anyway, thank god they let you stay. How did the rest of the dinner go? Do you have anything else to throw on the grill?
Speaker 8: No, it was just that it was hilarious, right, it was really funny, like we got kick out of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you had that moment, But like, was that it was that the highlight?
Speaker 8: Well no, not really, so the highlight was probably actually when she came back to my place.
Speaker 1: Then you did the sausage trick.
Speaker 7: God, yeah, yeah, you do your own.
Speaker 6: Trick for her.
Speaker 8: That's what you want to call it. You go ahead and call it whatever you want to call it, all right.
Speaker 4: We had some desserts, y'all.
Speaker 1: She stayed the night.
Speaker 8: She stayed the night.
Speaker 6: Oh good for you.
Speaker 4: People laugh at you about that.
Speaker 7: I mean, this all sounds so good on our end. Like, why do you think she's not calling you back?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know, and this is kind of like what I'm getting, just like the Okay, So I had to get up early and I just let her sleep, right. I'm like, I got out of there at like six am. I left her at my house.
Speaker 1: Did you even know or anything?
Speaker 8: I sent her a text so that way, it was on a phone when she woke up. So I came back later in the day and like, my house was just spotless. I'm talking completely clean.
Speaker 6: She stole everything.
Speaker 1: She cleaned for you.
Speaker 8: She made the bed, she did the dishes, she did everything.
Speaker 5: Somebody is good at making dessert.
Speaker 7: I like, how amazed you are that she made the bed like it hasn't been made years.
Speaker 1: He's never seen it that way.
Speaker 4: Gorgeous.
Speaker 7: Okay, So now now what's going on is is you've been talking to her still?
Speaker 8: No, that's the weird thing. So I sent her a text and I was like, thank you so much for what you did. And she has never responded ever, nothing like why why I'm so confused?
Speaker 1: Maybe she's one of those people that has to angry clean and she was.
Speaker 6: Actually we're gonna find out.
Speaker 7: We're gonna call Megan in just a minute here, and we're going to ask her exactly that. Why why won't you go out with him one more time?
Speaker 6: We'll find out what your second day right after this hold on second date update.
Speaker 7: You want to know how to give off that bad boy vibe to let.
Speaker 9: Your date know you're a dangerous dude. You take her to a hibachi grill and when the chef turns his back, toss a slice of raw bacon on that. Soon she's gonna be eating bacon right out of the palm of your hands.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like a boss.
Speaker 1: It worked kind of for him, Yeah it did. I mean it worked for twenty four hours.
Speaker 7: I don't know why Megan isn't calling back our listener, logan, because she even spent the night and cleaned his place the next day. Jose won't even do that for his own apartment.
Speaker 1: That one time.
Speaker 6: So we need to get.
Speaker 7: To the bottom of this and figure out what's up with Megan, Logan.
Speaker 6: You ready to do this, man?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I need to know.
Speaker 1: I can't believe she cleaned your house. I would never do that after staying the night of key move.
Speaker 4: I've had girls.
Speaker 1: That's a wifey move either.
Speaker 4: A lot of girls have done that and it is very much appreciated. But it normally means you did something right. So I don't know why you wouldn't be calling you back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were turned on by the cleaning, right logan?
Speaker 8: I thought it was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should have.
Speaker 4: Texted her back, messed this bed back up, you know.
Speaker 6: No, Okay, lots of fun activities. Here we go. Let's just down Meghan. We'll see what she has to say.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, is this Meghan?
Speaker 2: Is this she?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: My name is Jeff. We're from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: You're on the radio.
Speaker 1: Hey Meghan, Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hi.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hey.
Speaker 7: You get lots of calls from lots of different radio shows all the time.
Speaker 4: No, yes, we're first.
Speaker 7: Yes, all right, this is gonna be fun because we're doing something called a second date update. Okay, okay, maybe don't know what that is.
Speaker 6: It's where no call her, Jeff. That's true.
Speaker 7: We're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out on a date with recently, a very sexy date from all accounts, involving involving some bacon on a hibachi grill.
Speaker 10: Oh logan, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, break and rules.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm not one hundred percent sure what's going on right now. That was just a really speared awkward situation.
Speaker 11: Like I don't know what he told you happened.
Speaker 6: I mean the bacon was awkward, or the date, the whole thing.
Speaker 11: No, No, the date and everything that was fine. It was the next day, oh, like.
Speaker 2: The morning after, because we heard you stay to night at his house.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I did, and I woke up and like, I'm a clean freak, so like I cleaned his house.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe you did that.
Speaker 11: Oh so he told you I did that then?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I mean he was happily surprised when he came home that day and found his bed made and dishes done, and he was.
Speaker 1: Really nice of you.
Speaker 4: Nice to have a freak, but a clean freak. Oh man, different enough?
Speaker 7: Well he I mean he reached out to thank you for it, but you never responded, so he's just a little bit confused.
Speaker 11: Well, see, after I did.
Speaker 10: All of the dishes, which she had a lot of. I just wanted it's a vacuum and it was clogged.
Speaker 6: The vacuum was clogged.
Speaker 11: Yeh, never call him again.
Speaker 6: Doesn't even have a Dyson.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would just probably give up at that point and be like I did enough.
Speaker 4: No, I mean.
Speaker 10: I probably should have gave up then. But I went to empty it out and I found a few acrylic nails, what like, some long acrylic nails.
Speaker 2: I thought he just moved into this place, like from other women that had been at a spot.
Speaker 10: Is that what you mean, that's what That's what he told us could be apparently, and he supposed to just moved in like the day before.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you're finding these acrylic nails inside of the vacuum.
Speaker 8: Is.
Speaker 2: You know, just any nails somebody else nail a pile.
Speaker 1: Of real nails of nails in front of it. It's absolutely disgusting. Yeah, why why.
Speaker 6: Is it such a turn off to you? Megan? What what does that tell you?
Speaker 10: It just was obviously another woman's I don't know if you have another girl over, like, if you have someone there had the day before?
Speaker 8: Me, Like, I have no idea.
Speaker 6: Well, uh, we.
Speaker 1: Could ask him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the easiest way to get to the bottom of this is to just ask Logan directly, because I'll look at that.
Speaker 6: He's on the other line right now. What a weird coincidence.
Speaker 4: Phone with acrylic nails in your hand?
Speaker 8: Logan, Hey Megan, how are you?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 8: Logan? Oh, man, you're killing me here, you're killing me.
Speaker 10: Well, it kind of killed me to find other women's nails in your vacuum when I and I saw the new box for the vacuum, so it couldn't have been an old vacuum.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is incriminating.
Speaker 8: Well, let me start off by saying, no, I do not have a girlfriend. I do not have a wife.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good start at that apartment.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Let's get to who do the nails belong to? Do you know?
Speaker 8: They were probably my mom's nails, you know what.
Speaker 11: Logan know?
Speaker 10: Like, does your mom wear a hooker nails?
Speaker 3: Moles?
Speaker 11: No, it was the kind that were like really long, has all.
Speaker 10: Kinds of like little desire, not classy whatsoever, not classie whatsoever.
Speaker 6: We don't know what Logan's mom does for a living. It's not fair.
Speaker 4: She's definitely not a classy light.
Speaker 3: Long nails could be classy. Where are you gonna eat on that? I mean, they could Does.
Speaker 1: Your mom have acrylic nails? That's the first question, Logan, she does.
Speaker 8: And she's very in the fashion and she's always dressing up and looking different.
Speaker 4: And why are your.
Speaker 7: Mom's nails just popping off left and right inside of your apartment? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Not very well done either.
Speaker 4: Yeah nails alert?
Speaker 11: Yeah, like you just moved in. Was she just fair?
Speaker 8: I know, wasn't your mom?
Speaker 11: Come on?
Speaker 8: Even if Okay, so even if I had, even if there's somebody else's it's like, I'm calling you like this isn't like, I just don't see how it matters what happened before you and I hung out?
Speaker 11: Like, yes, literally the night thought.
Speaker 3: So he's young and he's dating whatever.
Speaker 1: It's bed though, made he's not cheating.
Speaker 2: If he was cheating, why would he call a radio station to publicly call you for another date.
Speaker 11: He didn't know that.
Speaker 10: I I have found those when he called you at the radio. Okay, So now he was saying it was his mom, and now I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Oh, maybe it was somebody else's.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you left a window open and they just outside.
Speaker 1: Crows really like those shiny objects.
Speaker 10: I mean, we should be going through this after our first date.
Speaker 11: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 7: This is your last chance, Logan, I mean, just full honesty.
Speaker 8: Okay, So, yeah, they were another girl you might even know where?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, who would know?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 6: Why would she know her?
Speaker 8: The girl that came over from the department store. The girl that worked there. Was helping me with other stuff and she came over.
Speaker 10: So you just date everybody that I work with?
Speaker 11: Is that what it is? You work there too, at an apartment store?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you were another were.
Speaker 10: Walking around helping other customers, and like I met him and you know, you know, he was trying to date the whole department store.
Speaker 1: Oh did you call.
Speaker 4: Your coworker hooker?
Speaker 2: I mean I would recognize Alexis's nails if I found them in my house.
Speaker 10: Yeah, to think of it, I think I know who it is now, and thank just makes me so.
Speaker 11: Much more angry.
Speaker 6: You know what, That's good?
Speaker 7: Use that anger to get back at your coworker by going out with Logan one more time.
Speaker 6: What is you'll pay for that date? If you're willing to go out with him again? What do you think?
Speaker 8: Megan listen, Megan, whatever happened before you and I met and hung out is whatever. Like, I'm calling you. I had a good time with you. You're the one I want to see again. I'm over here car on a radio station just to try to get in touch with you, Like, I don't know what else to do or how to convince you. But I mean, I'm calling you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the department store worker of his heart.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: We're running out of time here, so we desperately need an answer yes or no.
Speaker 10: Megan, I really want to say yeah, but I feel like I feel like you should just maybe use that money and maybe six se girl stills that I work with and try to ask her out on a date.
Speaker 8: But oh.
Speaker 4: Better now that she doesn't have.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to have to do this, but I'm gonna have to offer you another date with Megan's co worker, and we'll send you to the Habachi grill on our dime.
Speaker 3: Don't go back to the same place.
Speaker 6: He needs to do a bacon trick for her to see.
Speaker 1: We will not provide the bacon.
Speaker 6: Logan. You cool with that, well, I go call her up want because we're out of time.
Speaker 7: But congratulations, Logan, we got to you another date, just not what the person you'd really want to ride.
Speaker 1: All right, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: You know, he really didn't seem thrilled with getting another date at the end there, But.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, nevertheless, we're still going to chalk this up as a win.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't matter who we got him a day with. It was another date.
Speaker 2: Though I liked how you liked the jealous girl better than the other one.
Speaker 1: With the nails.
Speaker 6: I do have to say I was a little bit surprised.
Speaker 7: Well, I guess it's not that surprised that Brooke was so cool with him hooking up with another girl the night before from the same department store that she works out That was still warm.
Speaker 2: I did realize they both worked at the same place, But isn't that just what dating is? Period?
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty four hours.
Speaker 7: I would say, brook Not everybody is okay with that. Some people in this world prefer to wait for someone who's like, really actually means something to them.
Speaker 6: Yet changes Can we agree to give people a little bit of grace though? Can we do that?
Speaker 4: I don't think Brooks.
Speaker 1: She was a little clingy, but sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, I guess we're all going to disagree on this one, but hey, but we got him a date and.
Speaker 4: That's all that mattered.
Speaker 1: And really the theme of the whole thing is never clean a dude's apartment. It's always going to end.
Speaker 6: Is that what we learned, Don't clean it's apartment, all right, That's going to be the lesson today