Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff Where Flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 4: Now your hosts.
Speaker 3: Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross Shooting.
Speaker 4: Thursday.
Speaker 5: You look alive at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is eighty one degrees. The high is eighty five, the lowest sixty seven.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful. He is Shennon.
Speaker 6: That is Nate.
Speaker 4: This is Kurt Daniels. In the back is Chris bean Keeping is live a local. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent of Braille. People when we speak.
Speaker 5: Brought to you each and every day by Wingstop where Flavor gets.
Speaker 4: It's wee y'all smell it?
Speaker 5: First off, how are y'all? Maybe, how are y'all first time we've been together?
Speaker 4: How we doing? We're good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 4: Now do you smell it?
Speaker 5: Football right on the other side of that wall kind.
Speaker 4: Of underwere Olympics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's close OTAs. So anybody go out there earlier. Look care, nobody care, nobody cares. Great, okay, well nice show. Oh what are we doing? What are we doing? Why are we doing this again? OTAs have started? No Michael Parsons contract.
Speaker 6: What are we doing?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 4: Good job, Michael. We do like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, they say he's holding out not because of the money, but because missus Jones don't know who his agent is, his agent, it's like his personality.
Speaker 4: But why are we doing this? This is this is Micah not being here is common law. That's it. You pay the man his money.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking about that. I get that. I agree with Micah. Why we not paid the man? This is deja vu? What's the definition of insanity doing the same result?
Speaker 4: Cowboy forgot that tattooed on their why on their chest?
Speaker 5: You knew all you knew for You've known for how five years? Four years that this was going to happen at this time of year, and every year it cost you money, and it cost you collateral, and it costs.
Speaker 8: You and they always wind up paying them with due they.
Speaker 5: Okay, So my question is do they do this on purpose to stay in the news and stay relevant and have the buzz.
Speaker 4: So a good friend of mine, Happy birthday to my good friend, Jeffrey Cravinall. Happy birthday, Jeff. He had a theory that I when I heard it, I said, hmm. And the more I've thought about it, the more I potentially believe it. You subscribe to this theory, I think, so ell us.
Speaker 5: Please, so, Jeff said conspiracy.
Speaker 4: Jeff said that one of the reasons why the Cowboys wait till the very last minute to pay players is because they don't have the money. They have the money they want to keep. They want to keep money in the bank and or the keep growing interest. So if I pay him early, I can't keep collecting.
Speaker 5: Interest on this money business.
Speaker 4: That if I wait to the very last moment, I still get an opportunity. The money's gonna get paid right, like we're all we are all under the knowledge and sound mind of Mike is gonna get paid right, like he would be the He would be the absolute weirdest one that you decide not to pay right. You paid Zeke, you paid Zach, you paid Dak, you paid CD, you paid all the other holdouts tank and everybody hold it. They got paid. So there's no in my mind, it's not an if it's win. But the theory of that money continues to collect interest as long as it says, as long as it is in his bank account and.
Speaker 6: Not as he told you four years ago. And they laughed at me.
Speaker 2: I told him, I say, they just wait because it ain't like it's ten thousand dollars five percent interest.
Speaker 6: It's thirty one million.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, ten percentry because you dictate to the bank, I need ten percent. If you want this thirty one minute, I need ten percent.
Speaker 5: So according to chat GPT, the simple interest rate, which I'm sure when you have as much money as mister Jones, there's all kinds of bunky interest rates. Simple interest rate on Let's just say one hundred million dollars over one year is a million dollars.
Speaker 4: You up that to ten percent.
Speaker 5: That's ten million dollars, ten extra million dollars for holding on to that. Let's just say it's one hundred million that you have to pay micahh ten million dollars over the course of a year could be that's a lot of moment, that's.
Speaker 6: A lot of money.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, it's like that not a far fetched out. It's like, I'm gonna give them the money.
Speaker 5: So if it costs them an extra twenty million on the back end, they still made eighty million.
Speaker 4: Still eighty million, eighty million. Now I can go invest that in something else.
Speaker 5: I can hang on to that to the last minute and make another.
Speaker 4: See, they're playing money games that we don't even that's the business side of footbaight. We don't even we don't even understand that because we don't even in those fields. We don't don't that playground, that type of rich money playground.
Speaker 6: We don't.
Speaker 4: We don't play in that field. We pay taxes, they get around it.
Speaker 6: We don't. We don't get it.
Speaker 4: We don't play in that playground. And it might be far fetched, but.
Speaker 6: It's close to the truth. And what over these other guys making up.
Speaker 4: You're blaming for doing that, not the business side, would you? And that's the and that's the thing unless you.
Speaker 5: Only when we, I mean we you guys talk about this all the time, the star and the m and you know, the players talk about the tours and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: If if you don't have other as a football team. If it's just football, that that that stuff doesn't come with it.
Speaker 4: You your football football.
Speaker 5: Jerry has so many different interests in so many different business he understands that part of it. Like he understands like Okay, now if I do this that that I totally could buy into that.
Speaker 4: And like he gets that.
Speaker 5: That's how his mind work hits it.
Speaker 4: Like you said to him, Okay, if it costs me an extra ten to twenty million dollars in the back end, I'm still eighty million up right, I'm still eighty up And because we have to, we have to believe that there is enough financially literate people, contractually literate people that are roaming in this building. I mean, hell, you can get any Tom Dick or Harry to get on the internet and tell you how a contract is broken down, right, Like that's not a hard thing to do. There's enough YouTube pages. If you go out there, they'll tell you how this is slotted for this. All you have to do is go say who was the last person to get the highest paid nine quarterback contract. There's the blueprint, there's a foundation, and now we build off that. When Jerry and when Jerry came out of a month or so ago and he said, or they alluded to that, he and Micah had a meeting of the minds. They sat in the room and they came to some sort of figure, whether it be years, money guaranteed, whatever that number is. Jerry walked out of that meeting and said, cool, now I know. Now I know what the number is. Now I don't gotta sign it today because today doesn't change the number being what it is, give or take a million or two, right, And that's that's all depending upon if Trey Hendrickson gets a deal that now takes him over who is it, Miles Garrett has a last right like the last highest paid deal or whatever. Whoever's the last person to have the last non quarterbacks? Yeah, so what right, there's my foundation. Okay, I know that's whatever Max Crosby got. That's where I start. That's not a hard thing to deal with. Now we can kind of play a tuggle war with the years. Maybe if there's some other underlining thing, you know, off season bonuses. You gotta be here this in the third that's that's milutia in the in the whole grand scheme of thing. If I got the big numbers down, the years, the guarantees, if I have those down, it's now just okay cool.
Speaker 8: Do you think the player and agent recognize this and they're okay with it?
Speaker 4: I think if David, if if I think David mumlu Getta is as smart as I believe he.
Speaker 5: Is, sure he probably he probably loves it.
Speaker 4: But for his for for his thing is it's the quicker he can get it signed. The quicker it gets the interest, gets it his better right. The quicker he has something for David mullo Gatta. It's not necessarily the money. It is the money, right, But every passing day that that deal isn't signed is a passing day that something catastrophic can happen to his one of his most prized possessions.
Speaker 5: And in that business, you you eat what you kill.
Speaker 4: So he's like, hey, let's sign today because tomorrow. I mean, life is funny, right, Life is funny, And I'm not This is not me wishing anything negative, but I'm just saying, weird things happen, Weird things happen. Mike is very active. He's very active. He's traveling now, I believe something right, So wherever he may land anything. I mean, you can trip coming off, come out of first class wrestling, you can sumo wrestler and tear totin. I don't know, but for David Maulugetta, it's the sooner I get this thing inked, the sooner my client becomes the richest non quarterback deal in NFL history. The riches.
Speaker 6: Then to every college, you say, see what I did exactly?
Speaker 5: You ever heard of Michael Parsons I got, I got zero, I got the riches.
Speaker 4: I got the richest guarantee contract in Deshaun Watson. I got the richest non quarterback guarantee in Michael Parsons. I got the richest the cornerback contract in NFL history and j C. Horn Before god, I had the other one in Jayalen Ramsey.
Speaker 8: Right, So yeah, he wants to sign now, he has to take less money. If he wants to wait, then Jerry's going to get his on the I'm just.
Speaker 5: Saying, and I can buy into that, So just Kirk call me out if I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Though, Well, you know what the thing about it is, you don't have to buy into it. The bank accounts just scrolls, and.
Speaker 4: That's what this is.
Speaker 5: How this is how the mind works right around here.
Speaker 4: Is Legends.
Speaker 5: You've heard everybody's heard of Legends, right.
Speaker 4: The way Legends started was basically years and years ago.
Speaker 5: They're all these companies that made you know, concession companies, right like I think Levi and there's some other ones. And they would come into all these venues because, you know, sporting events.
Speaker 4: You're not in the cooking business.
Speaker 5: You're in the entertainment business, the ticket business, the on field of the business. So all these companies had a business where they would come in and they would they would out they would outsource your food, and.
Speaker 4: They brings big time.
Speaker 5: Caterer is huge for game days, big you know, thousands of hundreds of thousands of people. And you know, Jerry looked at that model and he was like, I can make a hot dog, we can make hot dogs, we make popcorn, we can make hot dogs. Let me see what they're doing. I can do this for my stadium. And you know what, if I do it good enough, why would I compete with you guys?
Speaker 4: So they formed Legends with you know.
Speaker 5: I think it was at the time, was a Yankee and his sacks and they were all partners and they did it, you know, as Jerry does. He gets in there, rolls and sleeves up, he figures it out and goes, you know what, we're actually doing it better than these guys. Let's go get that business. And then that turned into merchandising and ticket sales and premium seating sales and tours and now it's its own business and that's just the way. So yes, one hundred percent I buy it because his mind, just the.
Speaker 4: Is in half of NFL stadium and other sports and overseas, he's in like everywhere. So that's just he's making money at game that he's not even playing, so he's he's thinking that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think football is the most important thing in his life because I think he would do anything to win another one. But like, hey, that money's making money, and that money's making money, and why wouldn't So that totally makes it.
Speaker 4: One thing I'll never forget. And when I heard it, it made sense, but I was just show shocked. And this is how I know that I'll never be able to fully get to the depths of where and how and all the places that Jerry makes money. They were having a conversation about a year or so ago about playing overseas when they had the game in Brazil, right, was it Brazil? Was it Brazil? Yeah, Yes, the game was in Brazil.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And they were talking about it and they was asking Jerry, like, hey, would you have a game in Brazil? Yeah? No, And he said it so casually that a lot of people did just missed out on it. He said, basically no, but said, you know, I like that, I like that. I like Brazil. I owned a couple of car dealerships out there, and I.
Speaker 2: Said I remember that, I remember a couple of cars, and they and it is like right over.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, wait what what what?
Speaker 6: What's the follow up?
Speaker 4: Over? Like it's just he's just like you basically, no, I'm if I'm a player, I don't want to give home games up. And if I do, I kind of want to go to Mexico City, you know, the Mexico Mexico City type thing. But he said, yeah, you know, great people, great place.
Speaker 6: Owned a couple of.
Speaker 4: Car dealerships out there, and it just it just went on with the next question. I was like, wait, what.
Speaker 2: It's about, Like, he's just unreal, man, h some of the things, you know, Uh, one year he was number four, number five, or six highest, you know, wealthy wealths man.
Speaker 6: And two years later he moved up up the list and then.
Speaker 2: He just said it so like, oh man, they found out I owned a few more things.
Speaker 6: And he just kept right on talking.
Speaker 4: You just get like, wow, that's that's great insight.
Speaker 2: Jesse never yeah, thought that well, I promised. They laughed at me when I brought that up. I say, he's making more money. I wanted as elaborated, you know, specific, but.
Speaker 6: He's making money off of these contracts that he hold out.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's when I that's when I first found out that the more money you have, the more when you go.
Speaker 6: To a bank you can negotiate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you got millions and millions of dollars and you say, hey, man, I need my money for the eight dollars, Well, sir, let me check your account sir, what.
Speaker 6: Can we do? Would you like in advanced Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because if you take that type of money out of somebody's bank, you cramped their style. That lending ability goes down just a notch.
Speaker 5: Wow man, all right, that's one thing we don't have to worry about in this room.
Speaker 6: I don't big yes, yes, don't let your house go to chopping blocks. It will be like a vaulture.
Speaker 4: There will be signed spirk you create, it will be signed. If I forget that, well, I will be signs like you won't be here.
Speaker 6: I'll be here, you know. I laugh it, I peop, don't man me. If I had one hundred million dollars, man, I still come to work. Okay, why you're waiting to you?
Speaker 5: I'd still come to work, but it'd be a different business model for real business.
Speaker 6: You dub me. Why you're gonna go work eighteen hours a day?
Speaker 5: Visit all right, let's take our first break. When we come back.
Speaker 6: More interest thing things.
Speaker 9: Don't hang it with the boys, Hey, cowboy fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jar, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 10: Prescott keats it slides for the first.
Speaker 9: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a ricking crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Perfect throw My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the.
Speaker 9: Needle, Visit blockchain, dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierroo's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 7: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, A twenty twenty four football season is here and seed Gig is here to help you experience all the action. Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets the Cowboys football games or to any other live event, the seat Gig is the place to do it.
Speaker 6: Seat Gig is the official.
Speaker 7: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most disruptive idea ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed.
Speaker 10: Geek, how about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets?
Speaker 4: As we cheer for the stars on the.
Speaker 10: Field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets pat along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products, sure make game day special. Score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys. As you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game Day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 4: Back to Hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the second segment, I Hang with the Boys, brought to you each and every show by blockchain dot Com. Thank you Blockchain dot Com. We'll save seven eleven for the next break. Give them double plugs seven eleven.
Speaker 4: All right, football is back.
Speaker 5: And coach said they want to compete every single day at everything, everything pong, basketball, football.
Speaker 4: What coach doesn't say that? You know what you know?
Speaker 5: Pat him out the buildings four more months, my back game four week four.
Speaker 4: He got him out the building.
Speaker 6: My bad.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, You're right, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 6: Crushing him from the start.
Speaker 8: Coach say that, but players want that. I mean players are competitive by nature. By nature, I mean it's they're gonna remember when I was with the Stars, were just sitting around waiting on the bus, a bunch of guys playing. Before you know it, they're throwing quarters and get it closest to the wall.
Speaker 4: You know, it's just competitive.
Speaker 8: No, I'm sorry, there's always something man, No, no, tryers are built like that.
Speaker 4: Yes, you want to compete at everything, but I'm sorry, continue, No, no, go ahead, I don't know what. No, I just go ahead, finish.
Speaker 6: Do you like that?
Speaker 4: Is Every coach liked that. Every coach says that coach speak.
Speaker 5: It's we want to be competitive every day and we'll you know, play you wherever, the moon, the parking lot, whatever.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: That's all, but like saying it and then and then doing it right, like the ping pong table and setting things up for it. And I was going to ask you that we we talked about this last week.
Speaker 4: Why you were gone.
Speaker 5: It's a couple of the players have said they haven't seen an environment like this, right it's early on.
Speaker 4: It's you know, they've.
Speaker 5: Got ping pong going on. They're competing they're staying around.
Speaker 4: Just that Jesse brought this up.
Speaker 5: It's important to stay around and hey, just hang out with.
Speaker 4: The guys, spend quality time. You guys did.
Speaker 5: That a lot, right where y'allall were always at the facility playing dominoes.
Speaker 6: Whatever, even when you want to do playing cards, how the facility.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the area of the facility.
Speaker 5: Don't spend a lot of quality time after and before practice?
Speaker 4: Quality quality?
Speaker 5: How important is that to not like when the meetings are over, to grab your bag and go. How did how did that bond you guys?
Speaker 4: On game day?
Speaker 5: Knowing that like just you know, you get to know them, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get to know guys personally, their families, who's single, who's not. You know, you get to know the little nuances of what irritates a guy whatever, Because that.
Speaker 5: Translated into wins and losses, ends on the game.
Speaker 6: It has a little bit to do with it. It has it has a little bit to do with it.
Speaker 2: Because if me and Jesse are truly bond, you know, and he said, hey, man, I need for you to come do his show, you know, well, Jesse, I'll tell you I may have acted kind of nonchalant here, but tell him what happened Jess showed up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was like, you know what now, I.
Speaker 2: Just can't tell Jes to this and not so I showed up before they was ready.
Speaker 6: For me to show up.
Speaker 4: He changed because because.
Speaker 2: If you truly about somebody and you say your word is everything, that that And that's where Michael Irving got a lot of us, you know, because he would hang out he want a big domino guy whatever, but he would be there, you know, talking on the side, and he would get to know you to the point where hey man, what did you tell me by you say he was gonna work out?
Speaker 6: Or Charles had to say, hey man, I'm over here to work out.
Speaker 2: So it depends on who your leaders are and how they hold you. You know, every day guy like me and you we just to kick a old guy. We gonna do what we do, you know, but we go get out that door. But if you and Kirk got a real bunker, like where are you going? Man? Now, all of a sudden I see you like, well you come on, Shane, and like nah, I got told Curt, I.
Speaker 6: Don't do this.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden I got to wait on you. Next thing, you know, I'm called up in that workout, just like, yeah, so it just been known who them leaders are and what type of relationship they have.
Speaker 8: Okay, didn't work like that in your your round.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm telling you everybody can't. Everybody's not built to be a leader. I'm telling you everybody's not built to be a leader.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Uh, just because you're the best player.
Speaker 6: Don't make you the leader.
Speaker 4: Don't make you the leader. I mean, I know it sounds like one plus one should be two, but I'm just saying that that doesn't, I agree, necessarily translate to being how it should be.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's so much that goes into I mean, there's good on field leaders that aren't necessarily locker room guys. I would think I'm Troy because you gotta troll.
Speaker 2: Was that good on field leader? Now, even though he could give you a look and it you know, and it made you straighten up. He can give you a look you know, he'll look at you and it'll make you get in line.
Speaker 6: But off the field, he wasn't Off the field you helping guys.
Speaker 2: He was gonna well, he did help me with some commercials, but I.
Speaker 4: I mean that was that was a guy like I can't say, but that was like a guy like Jason Whitten, like he led by example. Yes, you know, hey, come to practice, do what I do. But it wasn't like.
Speaker 6: Watch film, big hangout guy.
Speaker 4: When he left here, he went home.
Speaker 8: Yea soul of guys in the locker room. Will they follow that guy who's just lead by example on field?
Speaker 7: Ors?
Speaker 6: Does he?
Speaker 8: Kind of?
Speaker 6: Everybody has their place and time.
Speaker 2: Everybody has the present time because when the game gets when the game gets tight, you know, you got your emotional leader in Mike. You know who's out who was our true team leader?
Speaker 6: You got him. But watch Troy. You know he he's historic, he's calm. You know, Mike over there got your geeked and hype.
Speaker 2: But you need to calm down, bro, You need to calm down there because you're gonna jump off side. Look at Troy. So yeah, each guy has this place. Charles Haley was different, he was a leader. He was different, Woody different. Every guy has this place, and every guy knew when to.
Speaker 6: To uh enforce who he was.
Speaker 4: You know, uh, do you think you think I'm sorry to cut you off? That's key, knowing when to as search your leadership. That's key because sometimes you know what, this is Michael Irvi's time. No, this ain't my time. This this, this occasion calls for a Michael Irvin cussing out yes for everybody, this is this isn't my time to come in and be Yeah, whatever I'm supposed to be, you know what I'm I'm gonna sit back and take it like the rest of us. Sometimes it's we need the rationale of a Woodie wood He gonna calm us and give us the rationale and give us a strategic type. That's his time, you know so I think that's that's key. It's you have a bunch of leaders, but it's it's the ones that delegated at the right time, because in certain tense moments, don't come in here yelling at me. I'm sorry, not this ain't this ain't the moment. This ain't the moment I need you come in here screaming whether my whether my energy isn't awful or I'm hot sprung. But you coming here yelling and fussing. Now, I'm yelling and fussing your situation worse.
Speaker 6: It made it worse.
Speaker 5: And if you hear the same message all the time from the same people.
Speaker 4: It kind of falls on deaf ears. Yeah, sometimes like you you that is so that's so good right there. That's so key, man. It's it's when when that leader asserts his or her type of leadership in the proper moments that that is key that can calm the storm, that can keep the train on the tracks, that can bring guys back together when you have the right leaders using their leadership style in the moments that is needed.
Speaker 6: Can you because Haley could could go Haley would go go, go, go off, and you know, into the secondary y'all need to do and would it be like.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay?
Speaker 6: And then but he'll pull his boys.
Speaker 2: You can see him say, hey, fellas, look here, I got this. Listen to my call. Just pay attention to my call. You know, everybody, just calm down and get back to you know, and Charles a bit, you know, be over there, you know, doing what he do. But I love our blend of guys, and I'm gonna tell you, fellas, winning makes it easier that bickering that you heard that two guys over there and the defense line was doing before the other guy went away. It's hard to listen to either one of those guys when you're losing because he's trying to enforce his will and the other guy's trying to enforce his will. And nine time out of ten, the way this team was structured, the younger guy was gonna win because time was not on the other guy's side. So even though he may be saying some good stuff by being responsible, being disciplined, they was not hearing it.
Speaker 4: Can you win championships?
Speaker 5: This probably translates to any sport, but football specifically without multiple leaders.
Speaker 6: Yes, you can.
Speaker 2: The smaller the sport, the more accurate you are. In basketball, it can be one of one or two guys. What about football football, No, you need some dogs. You need some dolls, and not ignorant dolls, not not rabbit dolls, just dogs run around with rabies. You need some you know it's hardcore, get out, strategic. Yeah, yeah, you need some. You need some leaders.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're gonna have Like Michael Irvin was our leader. He was the guy. He could mix with anybody, no matter who he was.
Speaker 2: But Troy had this place and it was special. Emmett had this place and they won. Everybody you know on defense, it was Woody, it was denn it was Charles Hayley, and now everybody can't be leaders. A lot of people are chirping and you don't even hear them. Man gets when sat.
Speaker 8: Down, You were there when Urban came into the league. How long did it take him to reach that?
Speaker 2: Not long, man, not long, because when he went because he had he was used to losing high school or college. And his brother's on the sideline crying. I'm like, man, bro I understand you crying. I said, well, we don't have great players, you know, I said, we don't have you know, I can't see how the forty nine ers with Joe roll up in him.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you see that right there, that just left him, Brock.
Speaker 4: We gotta do something, you know, I can just lose it.
Speaker 6: I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: And then when Jimmy came, he wrote that big long list of guys. Hey, man, get rid of this guy this. Yeah, yeah, man, Mike was the man that was the man.
Speaker 4: And if you want to hear that story, you can look at Jesse Holliod Michael Irving. He told that story.
Speaker 6: Yeah he did, he did. Yeah, man, Jesse.
Speaker 4: His story it's a great story. His old His whole sit down was great. My second favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's your favorite list, bro, Really the list I'm gonna rather list on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Theate's still dominating.
Speaker 6: Real, I'm gonna get. I'm gonna get.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get some of you guys see podcast podcast. I got to write a list of mister Jones.
Speaker 6: I wish I did that power.
Speaker 4: You could probably get it.
Speaker 6: You can. Still Derek is the bad, still the bad.
Speaker 5: I don't say you probably got more power than you think you do because you don't use it.
Speaker 2: I just stay out of the way. I'm looking for the longevity.
Speaker 5: Ten dollars a day over the course of a long interest.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 4: You had that compound interest on it once a week.
Speaker 6: And what we get that ain't bad. That has a lot of bus and a few times eat out. Bro.
Speaker 5: All right, let just take our last break. When we come back, more football talk on hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 9: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing, jargon, just the tools to help you.
Speaker 4: Win slides with the first down.
Speaker 9: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced drama of the NFL. The NFL season is where legends are born on and off the field. Some are last second players to turn the tithe and change your team's destiny, while others are of friends who follow the Captain to make a regular get together into the stuff of legends. Visit follow Thecaptain dot com. Please drink responsibly Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan, Rum Company, New York, New York Hey.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seed Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 4: All the action.
Speaker 7: Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event. Seed Gig is the place.
Speaker 6: To do it. Set Gig is the official.
Speaker 7: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works expect the expect it seed Geek.
Speaker 11: You know you want those Wingstop boneless wings. With the Boneless Meal Deal from Wingstop, you get twenty boneless wings and four delicious flavors and a large order of fries for just sixteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: More wings, more flavor, more bang for your buck? The sixteen ninety nine Boneless Meal Deal from Wingstop. Order now from Wingstop dot com foul at participating locations for a limited time on orders for pickup or delivery place via Wingstop dot Com or the Wingstop App. Prices may vary by location. See Wingstop dot com slash offers for full details.
Speaker 4: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging.
Speaker 6: With the Boys.
Speaker 5: Kurt, Yes, sir, did you know there is a five thousand dollars winner every single day at seven eleven Waiting shop with seven rewards like Jesse, then play the n app game for a chance to win five thousand dollars in cash new daily cash winners only at seven eleven?
Speaker 4: Are you next?
Speaker 5: No purchase necessary Ends one six, twenty twenty six usn DC ages sixteen and older. For full official rules and free gameplay, go to five k dash a dash day dot Com backslash rules.
Speaker 4: There you got a.
Speaker 5: Good time, Oh big golf, sir, just reads weird one.
Speaker 4: I got sixteen cent on gas the other day for being a rewards member.
Speaker 2: But per gallon, per gallum sixteen solid. You know what I'm gonna start going to? How How do I just sign up on the phone and all of that?
Speaker 4: And you can sign up in the store. Okay, okay, you know when you when you check out, put your number, put your put your email, your number in.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right right there, and you just all right right, and then do it at the pump every time you go in super Do you have the app?
Speaker 4: I don't have the app?
Speaker 6: So you do it?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I do it?
Speaker 4: So I put it in a pump. You get five cents every single time regardless.
Speaker 6: Okay, i'ma hit that.
Speaker 5: I'm'm gonna start doing that, man, all right, So I have a question as much as you if you know for you and Jesse can.
Speaker 4: I actually a personal but not personal question?
Speaker 6: Okay, it's personal. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: On do you you do you use a credit card to get your gas? Like do you use a rewards credit card to get.
Speaker 6: You It just all depends on where I'm man, how much it costs, because.
Speaker 4: You you, you would you would benefit greatly. You you and miss Michelle would benefit greatly if you got a reward like a points reward card that you just put just gas gas. You got points back from the airline, you know, one of the airlines. Who's Who's official airline of the doast opposite American? American?
Speaker 2: I got this, I got that card, I got that car. Yeah, I need I use it a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he doesn't get hotel points because he just sleeps on the side of the road.
Speaker 6: No, no, not no more.
Speaker 2: That's too dangerous. The fastest hotel. But bro, I am not step on the side of the road now, ain't real?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 4: Good for you? Yeah he looks like an omni guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, the money you know.
Speaker 2: What, thanks to the Airbnb's.
Speaker 6: Hotel prices are rapidly faulty.
Speaker 5: It's a good so quickquestions for you guys, Jesse will start with you.
Speaker 6: Nate.
Speaker 5: We kind of talked about your question on the show last week, so I want to get your opinion out that you're on the show. H Jalen Tobert said he's excited about having pickings on board. And when you're a guy that's in Jalen's situation, you know, you got a guy that comes in and you were in the running for number two slash three, and now all of a sudden you've moved down one notch on the depth chart like that. You gotta be happy for the team because teams success is going to be better, But personally, in the back of your mind, what does that do to your mentality and your psyche as a as a especially in the wide receiver room. You're happy for the team, but you're kind of like, how do you feel.
Speaker 4: Like what Jayln Tobert feels relieved? Okay, I was wondering. Now explain he feels relieved. No pressure on it.
Speaker 5: There's no more pressure now if he can go out, ball out, and there's no downside, right.
Speaker 8: Just worry about being a number two.
Speaker 4: You're not to worry about being number two solid number three. He's relieved. He's relieved because there was so much like relieved in the sense that I'm not put in the maybe category anymore because it was always CD and some maybees. It was always CD and the others, those guys, those guys and everybody myself included. Remember I had I had agend Otober agenda right, and it was like number two, number two, number two, number two, number two, step up, here's your chance, number two, number two. And as much as we want to push that, and I'm sure at some point in time it may be still floating around in Genitober's mind. It's the the want to of being because it sounds good, right, It sounds nice being the number two, you know what I mean? Like you know you you have to come to the realization is looking yourself in the mirror and going, I ain't even better than CD. Everybody likes a good old number two. I think he's relieved. I think the pressure is now off of him. He doesn't have to go out there and live up to this third round pick and coming in and being the guy. Now he can just come in. He'll be an eleven personnel. He'll get the worst defender, he'll get the worst defender in the secondary. Yeah, as long as CD and longest as pick is on the field, he's gonna get the worst defender in the secondary.
Speaker 5: The easiest gotta beat on the field at that time will be on him.
Speaker 4: And he had seven touchdowns with when he was the other guy. So hopefully that number can go up. Maybe the numbers yardist wise probably doesn't go up, do you ever, because we.
Speaker 5: Know receivers are built different mentally, right, They're more flashy, they're more look at me.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there is let's let's let's let's put let's put that, Let's put that in this in this proper context. Let's put in this proper context. Yes, we have the diva mentality that don't stay when you're not the guy. When I was, when I was the starting receiver at the University of North Carolina, was a diva. I was a diva. You know why? I was the number one. I was the one that the ball was coming to. I was the one that they circled the I can be a diva. When I became a Dallas cowboy and I was just trying to make the team, Guess who wasn't a diva? Guess who just get in when you fit in? Guess who wanted to stay employed. So it wasn't all that diva nonsense. It wasn't that you the diva moniker and the diva title that don't sit with everybody. That ain't an everybody title that that is a that is relegated, separated, hung up for the guy CD can be the diva. Maybe George Pickens finds his way to be a divay, no damn diva, don't think being ain't no damn diva. Y'all better get it where y'all fit in the cropper and and the rest of y'all diva So that'll better be on the first bus y'all better be at the stadium first. Y'all better be on practice field first. Y'all better be first in, last out. Ain't no damn divas.
Speaker 5: That's exactly my question when you when you, I guess morph into you know, when do you how long does it take to set in? Because you always.
Speaker 12: If you're if you have you know, I mean, but it's a little different question that at this level everybody's at alpha, right you you you were an.
Speaker 5: Alpha getting different alpha, different levels of different When do you when do you get comfortable with being a number three? Because you always want to be one better than what you are. Even when you're number one, you want to be the number one and number one.
Speaker 4: You know, do you ever get.
Speaker 5: Comfortable mentally to be like, you know what, I'm a number three, this is what I am and I'm gonna do my best, or you always like I'm gonna keep working until I'm number two?
Speaker 4: Or is it just everybody's different, if there is real like, let's see it any position, let's just chose, let's let's use Gelingtober for that, because he was topic of discussion. Right when you looked around and you were there was there were there were chances. Right when you get drafted, you look around the room and you're going, hey, they're a CD and a bunch of other guys that are like me. So my spirits are high, right, like I have a chance. And then you go out there and you're playing a little bit and you're going a tall task. This ain't this, This ain't this easy, This ain't Alabama stake, This ain't ain't what I thought it was right, and then just kind of you know, you're working a little hard and you get with Brandon Cooks and you see some other guys and you're saying, okay, all right, let's let's let's shoot at this thing again. There you go, boy at eighty eight. Special can't do things that he does. You know, we ran the same out route. Mine ended of the twelve yard catch. He broke two tackles for eighty yard touchdown. Consistently looked different. And then you start looking around and you go, my brother, George Pickles, huh, all right, well, I bet that's because number three spot I better beat out the rest of these babies. I better be the outphua of the number threes. That's where I better be. But you look around the room and you start saying, and then you also not that you pocket watch. But you start understanding the business, and you're going, he makes thirty, Yeah, he's cheaper than me. And then he made thirty unless extra specialty. Unless I set myself on fire and not get burned. If we're close to even, I'm gone. We ain't even close. That that number takes us out of the stratosphere. We ain't the clean close. Let me start looking at somebody I'm more comparable to. Now now I'm fending off the rest of these jokers because I ain't getting there no more.
Speaker 5: But you know, like that's what I'm I guess. My question is do you you you know?
Speaker 6: You know, you know, you know you know, And brock Coffin, it don't take long.
Speaker 4: Brock Coffin knows you. You had.
Speaker 6: You a year the thing that that that comes reality.
Speaker 4: Really I watched I would say about about a year and a half.
Speaker 6: I watched receivers.
Speaker 2: Mike came in as the number one pick, and I remember his growth. You knew it was something about Mike's and he was special because when he came in, I don't know who the receivers was, Mike like, throw me the ball. So evidently Mike saw what was out there and knew now it's time for the coaches to catch up and for Troy to catch up. So when Trus said, okay, he throwing the ball and the next thing you know, you see him and Mike working after practice. So now Mike starting to get eighty percent of all the balls or the position he played, trove was looked at him first, see what his coverage is, and so it didn't take Mike long. That may it took a year and a half for him to beat Mike or Irving, but it did not take him long. Well, it took Alvin Hopper even to be the number two guy. It took him a year to just feel his way through the league, because not only are you looking at the guy that's your number one, you're looking at who is covering you each game, and each team do it different. Some people will double that two and some people would will double that one. It just depends on what they think is best in their scheme. So that's why it may take a little longer, because you gonna face weekend and we got better players, you know, so some guys can get it quick.
Speaker 6: Some guys that take a minute.
Speaker 4: When I came into the league, my first team in Cincinnati Bengals, it took me a training camp to realize. I saw Chad Johnson run around. I tried to run around like he ran around, almost lost my leg. I said, oh, that's different. How he turned like that full speed. And you realize at that time why he makes eight million dollars a year. This is this is why who he is. And then you start looking around and you start you know, I get here and you look at a kid like this who don't even didn't even tie his shoes sometimes to go out there and practice with cleats ontied. Is there a difference when you're you know, your.
Speaker 5: Whole life has been about football or sports, right, and you you've done it on the basketball field, in the football basketball court, football field. When you watch it on TV, it's like, wow, that's special, But I.
Speaker 4: Can do that.
Speaker 5: And then when you is it different when you're there in person and you physically see it, Like so coming out of coming out of North Carolina and college, it's like, oh, I can do that, maybe not at the highest level, but I can do that. And then you get there in person, is it like oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is different because what you see because what you see TV is two seconds slower than real life. That's what hurts a lot of kids. They mamas and they dads.
Speaker 6: And see that son, see that.
Speaker 2: Even when you're watching a videos about to see that sun, you can do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're doing that on kids.
Speaker 2: You twice as fast. But real life brings you to real life, to reality real life.
Speaker 6: Like when I watch the.
Speaker 2: Hockey game on TV, I'm like them good dudes, al right, And then when I watch the hockey game live, I'm like, I couldn't do this In the many years you real life, when people can lay hands on you real life, it's a different story.
Speaker 6: And I tell people that you.
Speaker 4: Look out there like that's why I always get to like the tape argument fight type thing. People are like, oh, pause it look he could have done that right there. Come on, man, come on, hold on, he could have done what you see that snarling three hundred pounds in front of him. He didn't got hit by him three times already today. And you you're gonna send me a still shot about man, get out of my face because you don't understand. Like, I don't know how to explain it, but when you see people who are at sizes you like them, big black man do things that are at a rate that they're not that humans should not be doing. To that, you just sit back and you go. You you're in awe, and to be in awe and be in the group is all you need to know, Like to to Kurt, you're a baseball guy, to watch baseball legends, hall of famers, be in awe of Barry Bond's batting. Wait a second, you you're a Hall of famer and you sit there in awe of another dude. That tells me all I need to know about what that dude was. If the Hall of Famer is like, let me tell you something, that dude at the plate unreal and he's on and that the one speaking is of another world, that's when you know, like, that's when you're in the number and you're looking at the other numbers and you're going, that's unreal and I'm in the number. I'm up the one percent.
Speaker 5: I just wondered if it if it translates for athletes watching TV, it's like, oh, yeah, he's good, But then you get in person and it's like, oh wow, that's yeah.
Speaker 4: You can watch it on film, and then yes, in a person, it's like like you can watch it on filming. And then until you have Reggie White put his hands on you, you don't really understand how strong he is thrown brown, you know, until you until you have to deal with that type of yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yo, Okay, he clocked you upside the head. You go, hold on. That wasn't you know.
Speaker 2: It's so funny and it just goes to show you that when Michael Jordan did his documentary, you know, you had all of these people good batter and different saying things. Even players but one thing that was resting assure that one night when that first episode.
Speaker 6: Came on the world everybody watching.
Speaker 2: That's the Hall of Famous, non hall of famers, the Warner Bees, the Cooler Bees, the should have Beens. And I remember this dude, how good he was. Everybody was watching. And so that's that's what Jess is talking about. Man, Yeah, that's what he's when you see real live If you ever saw Jordan play real live basketball all Lebron in his youthful days, just when they was real, when they was pay you know, pay to go see him, and you'll realize, like, this is different. So when you come out of college and even though it's the kid, the kid that do supposed to be a great kid.
Speaker 6: When he gets to the league, he gonna see what everybody else saw. These things up here is real.
Speaker 4: Everybody like me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, what can I separate myself?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, we got to get out of here.
Speaker 5: We're late, Nate, I'm gonna save your question for next week.
Speaker 2: Okay, if we're all here, and that's what we're coming to the end of this thing, right, this one a week isn't aren't we?
Speaker 4: Chris? A couple more weeks.
Speaker 6: Finale.
Speaker 2: Train to get right around the corner, and then we get to see these guys for real.
Speaker 6: I really got the rams. I'm an open camp.
Speaker 2: We'll get to see a real real for real all right, fellas can go a little bit fun.
Speaker 5: Yes see, Nate hurt. We all got back together again. Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. Josh, thanks for keeping him saving Let me come. We will be back next week, same time, same place.
Speaker 6: We all.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.