Speaker 1: He is Drinks Chants, Motherfucker podcast Make SI He's a legends every Queens rapper. He ain't agreed as your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop mionneer.
Speaker 2: What Up as dj E f N?
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean, and the.
Speaker 3: Most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans.
Speaker 1: Mother post d is new year CST. It's time for drink Champions.
Speaker 2: Drink up, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Mother? Would it gonna be hoping to? You?
Speaker 2: Said me as your boy in O R E? What Up is dj E f N? And it's drink chance, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You have to be man.
Speaker 4: And when we started this show, we said we wanted to give flowers to brothers who who came before us, who the wait for us. Literally, if it wasn't because of this man doing what he did, being the personality that he was, we probably wouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: We heard he started as an artist, then heard who Jay and said that's not it. I'm gonna find another profession. And he found another profession. He was one of the first people in hip hop that was multitasking, meaning having movies, radio, and television back then when that was unheard of early. He's a legend, legend of icon or icon, your favorite Rapper's favorite rapper has a story with him, and it's final to the day to give him his flowers, to tell him how much he means to our community, our culture, our society.
Speaker 2: In case you don't know what we're talking about, what your mother want to know?
Speaker 1: The motherfucker? That's right.
Speaker 4: I'm like to go now, now, do we got the.
Speaker 2: Language?
Speaker 1: He's easy?
Speaker 4: I was just saying, man, do you have the easy eclip signed up? Look, there's two part questions. I want to show you got the easy clips signed up?
Speaker 1: I mean, you ain't got the show to me show to him now, but we want to see your reaction. I'm going to number one video on the conference.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, I can't say I tell them what we have? What what's up.
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: You actually it says it labels it as a love of smacks easy Heat.
Speaker 1: Well, there's different different versions of that video with different different titles, but that's what that's what is labeled ass.
Speaker 4: But then when you watched the footage, you actually put it in your hands that's what we used to call back in the day, is a mush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the smash. This is something that I'm quite sure he's going to bring it up.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 2: Me and stretched from lock each other all the time, each other in the smash, like what you gotta. We even put our hands in each others pockets, take ship and throw it on the ground, just putting each other in the smash.
Speaker 1: I was talking with Easy, Easy, I just put the nigga in the smash. But y'all, y'all already had that kind of rapport with each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't understand.
Speaker 1: He was. Easy was the coolest thigga man ever. Bro Like.
Speaker 2: I remember one time we went and and we did uh n w A in l A and we was out and Compton by Compton swamped me. I had the dead wrong ass color on for that nigga, dead wrong pick up. I was freddy with them. When we got out to go into Compton Swamp Meet to shoot. Easy was like, yo, you got to sit in the car. Man, send the car for a minute. And he went in and he got me a black wind breaker. He got me a black braid. That's hatting a black. You got your neutral, you got me right. You got me neutral because he was like the O g got to do it to you. You're from the young ron niggas trying to get a rep. So he got me right. So yeah, Easy shit was crazy. So it's two things you asked me what you answered. One of the part is did you have a rapport before that? But then the other part was he whispered something into your ear? And everyone always wonders because y'all go into the video after that, right, well, everyone always wonders what was exactly did he.
Speaker 1: Whisper in your ear?
Speaker 2: And everybody gonna have to wait for that fucking bullet. That is one of the young bro That is one of the biggest questions I ever get in my life. You see people on the thread he he disrespected. He said some foul shit about shooting, and Easy was a businessman. Eaz knows if he'd have said some foul shit to me, he would have never got another video played on MTV.
Speaker 4: And by the way, it couldn't have been too crazy because it's still got And.
Speaker 2: Remember he had the pool. He used to have the pool party, which was fucking debauchery, nigga, The Easy pool parties, the Bachery easy easy pool parties and we'll get to that too. Easy pool parties was like what Luke was smart enough to do. Luke used to when we used to come to Miami with Luke. Luke would bring all the program directors, all the radio dudes all night and then bringing all the strippers and pay for everything. So when you left from Miami, you was like ship that nigga Luke. You always remember that Luke took care of you. So when you got back, like we was gonna play you on TV rets We was playing move something because Luke makes sure something move when we're done in Miami. So we was playing that ship. Bro Easy was doing the same ship. He was just doing the same ship. He had the pool party, went and wild and girls all over the place, Lika drains weed, whatever the fuck you wanted.
Speaker 1: He was doing the same ship. It.
Speaker 4: Wow, that was marketing. What do you think life would have been like if Instagram was back then?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 2: First of all, I'd have been fucking super wealthy because I probably had two hundred three hundred million followers world right easy, so I could have leveraged that corporately somehow, some way. But shit, Instagram then we'd all been fucked up for a lot of the ship that we was doing.
Speaker 1: We've all been fucked up.
Speaker 2: I've probably never been married if we had.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I heard you say in the very beginning, like you really were it really wasn't about money. I don't remember if you said you wasn't making money or really wasn't about money.
Speaker 2: You were saying you did it for the love. I would have did it for free, wow, honestly, because that's how much I love hip hop. That's how much I wanted to be a part of it. That's how much I really wanted to get myself involved in it. Like I've said on many interviews, I heard ll rhyme and then I figured I was the MC after that, right, well, just two nights and too young, yeah, fifteen. He was nice like and I was like, well on in them. They from my way. So we used to all rhyme. I was back when I was Eddie D. Everybody had a D on their name. I don't even know what the fuck the D was, you know, and running them would come in the park and you know, we rhyme would ron and and D come out. You know, D always had rhymes. So that was back then. But when I heard this young fifteen year old kid from Farmers Boulevard, Bro, I was like, nah, I can't. I can't even make records like that, delivery, his wordplay, everything. So I had to try to figure another way into this Himpi and it was your TV raps Bro.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you because at that time, it was really just about being the DJ or the MC. It really wasn't about being a VJ. You know, although we had Ralph before.
Speaker 1: That, right, the d Boys and the graffiti artist as well. Know what I'm saying is, listen, let me get to the point I was trying to make. Was like, other than Ralph, I didn't see too many vj's, right, So what made you and Dre like even one to to explore that? It was first?
Speaker 2: Okay average first, And when I saw that I saw the name Ted Demi on that Ted Demi was a dude that I knew from church. Wow, not from Queens. No, he's from Rockville. Uh, he's from Long Island. Okay, wow, yeah, he's right there, Rockville Center. That's where you're from, Rockville Center. So Ted Demi is a pisk compellion. His parents. My best friend Kurt Flirt. Shout out Kurt Flirt. His uketarian is episcapellion PRIs copal a pist compellion. So they would have the fellowship ship and they were going to retreats and kurt moms always like, bring Ed, you know, keep Kurt out of trouble, but youn't know that was more trouble. And then we met the little white guy from Rockville no Long Island and uh Rockville Center, and that motherfucker just knew hip hop and he loved the music and he knew all of this ship about us, and that was Ted. So we kept in touch all through high school. We used to take our block from our block to go to the rock Felle Center to play Ted and his friends, and then he bring his friends to us, and then we stayed with them all through college and everything. And I saw that name on them credits and I was like, what does Ted have to do with your on TV?
Speaker 1: Rats, Oh.
Speaker 4: Plug, I'm gonna tell you. I was doing a documentary called What What and When when Chris Lightdy saw it, Chris Ldy said, I need you to meet this.
Speaker 1: Guy in LA and his name was Ted. Dimmy I had that I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know, Ted Dimmy, Ted did your TV bath at the time, Ted Dimney, they make us wait, we're on a ping pong playing ping pong. Ted Dimmy comes out with a guy who looks like Johnny Depp and he just throws fucking cocaine on the table. And then Johnny Depp just sniffed the ship.
Speaker 1: Not Johnny Depp, the guy looks like him. He me out. So we're all this is like two way days. We're all like, yo, we texted each other in the same.
Speaker 4: Room, like, yo, did you see what I seen? Come to find out it was Johnny Depp? It was fake cocaine. They was promoting the movie Blow, Yo.
Speaker 1: But this this is there, was like should we use this as a promotional item? And that's what I knew. Ted was out of his fucking mind. Ted didn't blow did the movie blo.
Speaker 2: Directed? That directed the movie Blow? Ted directed the movie Life with Eddie mur Yes, Yes, yeah that's Ted did Who's the man?
Speaker 1: Who's the man? Ted? Who's the man?
Speaker 4: So what made you stick with him? Because all right, cool, you on TV blowing up? You have your chance to do your own movie, But don't cut through every day.
Speaker 1: I want to know when you connect with him and how you he actually gets it. So I started get to your TV right, So I started.
Speaker 2: I saw Ted's name, I got the number. I started calling him. I'm like, Ted, you gotta get me on this show.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I know hip hop like nobody else know what. I'm in love with it. It's my thing. He's like, we already got FAB. I was like, well, you know, hip hop touches everything and make everything dope. Let me come on and do a record report, let me do a movie review, let me do something. And then they decided they wanted to do a daily show because the show had blown up.
Speaker 1: The show the show actually blew.
Speaker 2: Up with Ronde and Willingham did the pilot for it from their tour. That's what really set the whole ship off. Then they hired Fab. You know, Fad was downtown. You know Deborah Harry. Everybody loved Fab. Debora Harry had Fab five. Freddy told me that is my wife. I knew the only person that was gonna come through.
Speaker 1: Fab five.
Speaker 2: Freddy told me everybody fly DJ Smith, so Fab was on.
Speaker 1: He was on.
Speaker 2: He was a graph artist, the ambassador hip hop at the time. Absolutely and him and Box Scout is like this, like there's so much layers the Fab that people don't know about. And then Fab didn't want to do the Daily Show because he was also directing. He had did like I think he did self destruction. I think he did care Rust One videos. He did a lot of videos, so he was directing too, so he did not want to do it. So they had to find somebody to do the Daily Show. Peter Dougherty, who was the executive producer, knew Dre from Dre being a tour d J for the Beastie Boys.
Speaker 1: Ted knew me. I did not know Drake before DJ yeah.
Speaker 2: For the Beaci Boys before Hurricane. Yeah, so you know Dre, Dre and T Money also co wrote I'm Proud to Be Black from run DMC off the Region. You know, he was signed to Death Jam. They had their group. They signed the Death Jam knowledge me. I mean that was them way before I even knew dra We just did it over when we did the backup off me out Ah, my wife is killing me geez. Okay, So we did that and uh Ted saw it. He saw Laurel and Hardy. He Dre had already auditioned went back and was talking to Peter and Peter's office upstairs.
Speaker 1: I'm in there with Ted and he putting me on tape.
Speaker 2: And then Ted called Peter and was like, is doctor Dre still in and Dre he was like yeh, I said, send them to my office and he come down. He said, I'm gonna put y'all on tape together. And I remember asking Drake. Ted had just come back from Jamaica something. He had the Dreadlock wigs in there, and I was like, Dre, do you can you speak pats Wild Like He's like, no, my father's Jamaican.
Speaker 1: I was like bet.
Speaker 2: So we put the wigs on and we did some crazy Jamaican ship and Ted was like, that's what I want, Laurel Hardy and he took it to MTV and m TV said we got money to pay one person, and me and Dre said we'll split it and we took it.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: Look, one of my favorite things to do is to when we come here is uh uh see if the artists on time. I knew he was gonna be on time, so I didn't take that back. I didn't take that back.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, his his his radio background and his professionalism.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna have he's not gonna be late.
Speaker 1: So then I've been waiting to be on this fucking show.
Speaker 2: Man, Hold hold on, but I'm like, this is my nigga.
Speaker 4: My second thing is to always know what the artist is drinking. Now you order one of the most unique drinks ever on drink Champs history. Let's let's see what that is. Okay, now what is that? That is Basil Hayden dog ride mis Bourbon. It's whiskey whiskey bourbon. Y. Okay, we put in a special order. Let's let's get this. Let's leave that there for him. We put in a special order because you're a special type of guy, and we had to do something special because we said we were going to make sure you got that, but then we got you.
Speaker 2: Hell hold on man, hold on, wow, whoa.
Speaker 1: Now this is special ship right here. I told you all my boys.
Speaker 2: My man Cam Newton's body got his spots of spot called fellowship, a Sira, life and times and pleasure chants, all of them is like bring that home, bring that home right there. That's special thanky man, Thank wow, that's crazy right. I'm so happy because I've been waiting for somebody to order a merry can whiskey and I'm like, yo, just just see what you order. And then who is it, mister Lee who sent the pits? And I was like.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I said that foret I think is that American whiskey? And I was like, yeah, I said, I hope he loves this pappy because we're going in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we're going.
Speaker 1: Now. You drink Pappy. I drink Pappy where I might chill it just a little.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit. I said, we're gonna do over a little ice. Yeah, we're gonna do it. I'm gonna do a little bit of let it breathe. Sometimes we can just drop a thing of water and just a little bit of water. But that's Pappy different, you know. Yeah, you know, so I throw a big ice Cuban rock, but that's Pappy. Save for that flake you you saved for that flavor that's hard to get. Yeah, y'all drink chances for real with that ship hard to they'd be having lines outside of like liquor stores when they throw Pappy.
Speaker 1: Dropping twelve year two.
Speaker 4: Hell, so, let me ask you, how.
Speaker 2: Did you get to Atlanta? I know I'm bouncing around.
Speaker 4: But I want to know, like you know, because I want to I want to get to a birthday party.
Speaker 1: That's my son over there. As you came to that talk about that first when we when we both lived in West Arms.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you glad you brought that up, because I swear I was going to bring it up.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't know. See's birthday party had Chris Lighty and yoah ruh the week there before John fifty Star Beefmith. That's right, I spin a gard. It was at my crib and Love was talking.
Speaker 2: To the only person and he's too young to even know it was asked.
Speaker 1: Fucking goddamn party. But remember Chris light he lived down.
Speaker 2: The Chris Lighty was my next door to next door neighbor god Rest, so he was my I tell you a quick Chris story.
Speaker 1: Let's go okay.
Speaker 2: So I lived directly next door to Chris Lighty. Chris Lighty had blacktop in his driveway. When I moved in, Chris was already there. I didn't have a driveway. I had the circular thing there, but it was dirt, so I called the paving stone niggas. I put these fifteen thousand dollars paving stones. I didn't think about Chris. I was just thinking about beautifying my house. Paving stones. They got an interlock. It's not blacktop. So Chris rings my bell one day and goes, that's what you're doing. I'm like, what the fuck is you talking about?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 2: He said, you see me, I got the asphalt blacktops. Shit, you're gonna put down the paving stone. I said, Chris, I wasn't even thinking about you, bro, I didn't put the past stock. He said, who's your paving stone, dude? So I gave him my paving stone, dude, paving stone dude. Come they tears, driveway up. They put down paving stones. He and Norri Will attested my take his asshole, Chris. Whenter time comes, I'm shoveling my ship. Chris got just as much snow as I got, he said. I said, Chris, you ain't gonna shove me your snow. He said, come in the house. He clicked the ship he had he put under the motherfucker so you can help doing me. And I loved him though, Man, I love that shovel and ship click.
Speaker 1: And I was like, wow, just that that was.
Speaker 2: That was a time.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I believe Laurence Hill lived one of the happy god damn hell yeah, sorry fellas like bringing that this ship on.
Speaker 4: So I remember Laurier Hill lived one where Redman lived down the block.
Speaker 1: Jar Ru lived here. I lived in Jersey. Yeah, Chris Lighty living I'm talking about in a twelve minute span like hip hop neighbors and Jaru and then Chris Lighty at love like and uh.
Speaker 2: And Latifa Lata had which called it kay she from Nordy Okay yeah yeah, but I would go to Shore Hills more and.
Speaker 1: This was this, for lack of a better term, Atlanta. This was like the first almost Lenox more like, because we would be deep in there but moving around. Uh. The death of Chris Lighty. I still don't believe Chris Lighty took his own life.
Speaker 2: I will never believe Chris Lighty took his own life. Chris Lighty was too full of himself that his life. Chris Lighty was too full of life, too much love for his children and too much love for his for this business for him to take his own life. I don't think anybody that was closely associated with Chris in any manner and you were probably closer to christ and I was. We were neighbors, but he was probably homies. I'm moving it in our own directions. We had barbecues together, we gave our kids someone Christian.
Speaker 1: You were there, Okay.
Speaker 2: He gave him the big birthday party and they both slept through it because.
Speaker 1: There was only one years old.
Speaker 2: It's been fifteen thousand dollars a piece on the fucking war since all kind of dumb shit, Chris. They turned it to the dope park, right, But that's how much life Chris had in him. So I will never ever ever believe, and I don't give a damn when nobody says that Chris Lighty took his own life. That's one thing that I will never believe. So your son's back to your son's birth Yeah, ye again. Okay, So Chris tells me, I'm going We're going by Norrie House.
Speaker 4: But in fact, I'm thinking joy at this time, faccause.
Speaker 1: Continue to continue.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking seeing that mean war report, were getting ready to hit the bridge. I'm not going to the fucking project and I get some money now, I'm not doing that ship. We turned the corner into this fucking beautiful fucking honey. And you know, okay, so I'm thinking, okay, the house is nice, but it's gonna smell reek of bead and feet and ship the stink.
Speaker 1: I'm living like a cost yo. When I want that fuck me up, I'm like, this nice.
Speaker 2: Way out of his cock because like a ship fucked me up. I had to, you know, in my head, I'm like, listen, what what normally shoot them up, kick the buildings over him, the component and this think of you like watching nice couch and shit a section.
Speaker 1: No, honey, Fat Joe told me the same thing, and he's like, people don't know you live like this. Sadly, I don't think I have in this house. I still do.
Speaker 4: So oh man, man, yo, look all right, let's get just get this. So just tell you something. We've been trying to do this forever. You know, I said it in the intro. If it really for you, you you you set the standards because there was other people in the radio, but I feel like there was other people that was imitating. Like there was one person on the radio, then when you got to meet them in person, it was a whole different individual. He was You're one of the first people that I got to see witness for myself.
Speaker 1: You were who you.
Speaker 4: Were in the radio. You were who you were when I sent you in Queens. You want you who you were in real life. So we want to give your flowers face to face man and man, mister Lee, we working up face gives thank you, well, you know something normal.
Speaker 2: That's what I always strive to be because I grew up listening to radio like everything Frankie.
Speaker 1: Oh bro oh god, wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, and it gives keep coming beautiful man, Thank y'all. I appreciate that. Yeah, this is the Frankie Cracker every night, right, you knew it was eight o'clock when I dare I go there Go came on the radio, so you know it was eight. And then I would listen to Chuck Leonard and the cats like that, and I love Chuckling and all that, but he always put on a voice list is Chuck Leonard, let's go off school radio school radio shit. So I was like, if I ever get the opportunity to get on the radio, I'm gonna be mean. And the same person that you're gonna get outside of the radio is gonna be the same person that you're gonna get on the radio. And my man Bugsy big Shot. The Bugsy was very instrumental and making sure that I stayed that route. And just all you can be is yourself. Man, you can't be nobody else. I'm a one on one. So that's the way I look at it. You know what I mean, I'm gonna do me no matter what. I don't even care. I'm just gonna be me fire But all right, let's bounce around a little bit.
Speaker 4: One of the most one of the first times the industry got to see pot be out of control.
Speaker 1: Like maybe he was out of control before that, but it wasn't documented. Was that your m TV rapp where you can kind of tell y'all got a relationship already, and you know what you're stopping is not going like because I don't think. I don't think when you were stopping him it was about you stopping him from this in the Huge Brothers, I think it was you stopping him. And you correct me if I'm wrong, you stopping him because you know where this would have led back then. The higher option of.
Speaker 2: People said that I was always a person that think a little bit sometimes, and uh, I knew when POC was going off.
Speaker 1: I was like this ain't gonna be good because you got a case.
Speaker 2: So you're actually going on television saying that you did what they accused you. So I was like, before you bury yourself anymore, let me shut you up.
Speaker 1: Bro, stop because you know and they subpeeded that ship.
Speaker 4: They didn't. You know what's funny about the four this? After I keep looking at it, y'all didn't have to bleep him. He edited his own self, but he didn't.
Speaker 2: When I look back at it, I'm like, why do I have a call?
Speaker 1: Can I vest on a no shirt?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is I think of that? I want some sexy ship.
Speaker 2: William, I'm thinking, why did I have a shirt on?
Speaker 1: Always look at the stupid ship? So you also I noticed this.
Speaker 4: Your show was on six days a week, Monday through Friday, twice on Saturday. Yeah, Dallas a successful as showy.
Speaker 2: I'm being successful.
Speaker 5: You guys were the front line and broadcasting hip hop to the world because there was You guys were the first one that would word to the entire country, if not even further than that.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, we're in around the world and people are recording it like maybe the world WI. Yeah, we're worldwide, bro, and for from my perspective more so than Dre, because Drey had already had a foot in the door and I really didn't. I was a fan bro Like, I would fan the fuck out when I found out certain people were coming to the shop.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, oh my god, public enemy is coming.
Speaker 2: I drink.
Speaker 1: That's how I am.
Speaker 2: Like. I was a fan of the music, so to be able to sit down and talk to dudes about their music and they and they art and they culture, and if you look back at it, at that time, it really was about the art. It really was about the culture of hip hop. It really was about the music. Look at some of them old videos. Nobody sneakers was clean son, nobody had afford, no wardrobe style niggas or whatever they had, it was no wardrobe change. So you had to They wanted to do this ship like you wanted to be known as being one of the best coming from your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: You want it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like they say pressure makes pikes, right, I mean I mean pressure makes diamond right. So when kras One hissed the hole and fucking tied queens, which pisched me the fuck off because I was like, all of us ain't got you got people for them, queens Bridge niggas.
Speaker 1: Sticking out on that south side. I was fucking pitch.
Speaker 2: It put the pressure on Queen And then look at what came out of Queens after that. Look at too notable ship that has come from that burrow that was so highly disregarded and disrespected. That's why I'm so fucking proud to come from Queens bro I'm so proud to be from Queens. I wear that ship like a badger arm. I got king from Queen's tattooed to my arm. Brom rocks fresh. They used to disrespect us like crazy, call us the desert. Yon is corny right now, Hey, they know it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Uh what's ill about that is five percent has made that that that derogatory expression the desert. It made it fly, right because five percenters took that and it was like, oh the desert, and it was like it was cool to people from the desert.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They said, Mohammed walked through the desert and all that screen. I mean, but uh, I'll tell you what me seeing run DMC, me C and l L come before me knowing where they're from. It always gave me hope. Was that something that that that it was in YouTube?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Being four blocks away from jam Mass and j no one want to watch them make it and watch Jay have like crabb feasts at his house and inviting everybody there. I was there when they sent the buses to Hollis Avenue said, anybody want to come to the garden, you come for free. That's the night run took the shoe off and held it up. They got the Adidas deal that night, So everybody wearing a DTA.
Speaker 1: Turn the fucking lights on. Everybody had any deda on And that's the influence. They got the.
Speaker 2: First shoe deal of a non athlete, first shoe deal.
Speaker 1: That inspired the ship out of me. Man.
Speaker 2: I was like, if they can do this, and ll can do it, and then salt and peppers from Queens, and krom is from Queens and cannon players from Queens. Veric b is originally from Queens. If you see Martin Lawrence, mart Lawrence was in Queens a lot. You got Molly and Shan and Chante and nooring them from left racking, all of these guys called Queens. Man running them was the biggest inspiration from me and Russell than anything else. Knowing that they were that close and they were touchable. Dmcus to always come around. DMC had the big ass bronco with a fucking freezer built into the back of it, with nothing before the ounces of old English, a black bronco, and he always had a round. I'm like, did you got a rhyme? You wass had to fold it up rhyme in his pocket? You pull it out, kick a round to you real quick. So he was very inspiring to me, very relatable, and a lot of people don't know.
Speaker 4: It was one time that they dressed like like different and then they took.
Speaker 2: The super nerves. Yeah, with the plaid jackets on over that corny ship. That was is their whole style everything. D don't deny it, run, don't deny it. Yeah, they said they got all that ship from j. J was the one that had the DA on the fucking big rope and ship Jay did all that. Yeah you know Jay isn't man damn Yeah. Rest in Pieces one of the one of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: Bro. Now, Also, we love the story. The Grandma y story was big.
Speaker 4: Well, well, I love that story because Uh, I don't know if Big invented that, But to this day there's people who drink half a bottle of shat pang and they will mix it with some whole other ship. But let me be out, that's with you, the first time I heard of any of that ever.
Speaker 1: It is you telling the story.
Speaker 2: You were Big. That's the night he died. That's the night he died. That's the night he got killed. Peterson auto monial music. Matter of fact, it's funny. Shout out Kenny Burns because I just got off the phone with Kenny Burns earlier today. Kenny called me because he said he was in the gym and he was working out and he was mouthing the words the hypnotized Mad loud, and he said some dude came up to him and say, yo, Mat, just heard ed Love talking about you and about the night. Yeah, we were all laying man, and uh, he was sitting there. He had had that car accent with seas he had the cane and he was sitting there and he used to always he would never call me Ed.
Speaker 1: He would Edwin all.
Speaker 2: The time, ed Dwyn and I called him Christopher, Christopher ed Dwyne all the time, and he gave me a bottle of dom pet and he.
Speaker 1: Was like a little Drea. Shoot.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how the fun I'm supposed to drink half a bottle of dom Pete. They got him trunk already bring it back to the halfway point, and then I did it. I took it around and we was all yelling and showed me the money because that movie had just came out and we was wilent.
Speaker 1: We giving everybody champion. I brought it back.
Speaker 2: The nigga reached down Paul of ball of Grandma. He felt it back up and smacked to me, Now I'm looking at this nigga, like, get the fuck out. That's what kind of duty was I think that mix? No, I d I get the rest of that ship out.
Speaker 4: I didn't drink for disaster, absolutely yeah, bouncing around right. One thing about you, I believe we did hot like Jamaica one time, right, you remember that. And one thing I loved was you immediately became the leader on the bus as soon as you came, Like I can tell this wasn't your first time there.
Speaker 1: Right, But I felt like, was that ship when you were in college fraternity? Like you? How I felt about hip hop. You just what I'm saying you, let me just tell you something.
Speaker 4: You that day you were angie like being the the OG's at that time, especially still now, but it was like y'all took control and that was showing us younger artists how to move even how to like yo you just how you check into the hotel, you to do that. I haven't felt like that since, Like it feels like it feels like it's more.
Speaker 1: Of a I want to battle you and be better than you than I want to teach you situation right, And I don't want to turn into that guy in my day. You know, we shoued to do this and do that.
Speaker 4: But I just want to also state facts like you embrace the new artists. I feel like Asie embraced the new artist. If flex like your record, he would embrace you and alert yeah, alert everybody right now. And I'm not everybody. That name was DJ's and TJ's personality.
Speaker 2: Because no artists. You're saying yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I'm saying yeah, there was artists at that time. Fund embraced me, Joe embraced me.
Speaker 2: Uh now it's embraced me. Mark Deep embraced me. But I don't see that going on. Do you used to feel that fraternity love, because I think I don't feel it because I think, first of all, radio has changed. Radio has changed so much, and it's okay, everybody wants to get their money. But I kind of feel like we were still fans.
Speaker 1: We know what we did, we.
Speaker 2: Know the impact that we had in the community, but we're still fans, and so at the same time, we're excited about talking to you, excited that you was coming, excited to embrace you on your new record.
Speaker 1: I feel like some of these.
Speaker 2: Radio personalities think they just as big as the artists that they're talking to.
Speaker 1: I never felt like that. I always felt the most important thing was the artist.
Speaker 2: So if we could show you by leadership, just how you can stop being an artist for a while. Like we're on the bus, Nori, we're in Jamaica. You don't have to be Norriega right now. You can just be who you are. Let's go to Dunge River Falls and fucking slip on the rocks and have a good time. Let's smoke some bug and chill out. I think Patrin was there and she cooked the fucking hot ass chickens killed all of us.
Speaker 1: It was delicious though.
Speaker 2: But that's the environment that we always wanted to set for everybody, that this is the time until you get on that stage to perform, you're around us. We're just here to have a good time. All the other ship. We ain't gonna stick, no micing your face, ain't nobody secretly recording nothing.
Speaker 1: We just wanted to have a good time with you.
Speaker 5: Like, but that sounds like true community where they got to a point now where like it's not just radieros all of media, but all of hip hop where a lot of people jumped into the fold. We didn't really care or were fans of the culture, right, so they get anything either.
Speaker 1: Right, oh this commit me money, I could jump into this lane right and not truly they don't care to cultivate, to take care of the culture, do right by it, just like when you decided to not rhyme because you respected that out of ll.
Speaker 2: How do how do we.
Speaker 4: How do we bring that feeling back? How do we bring that community back? Where I could call could call the baby and be like, yo, the baby you.
Speaker 2: Know man, I wish I knew man, because I would I would love to drop some jewels on these dudes on how to keep their money and how to how to fucking stay out of prison, and how not to react.
Speaker 1: I think that's one of the.
Speaker 2: Biggest things that that they have to learn and that a lot of people have to learn, just us period as people, that we got to move off of logic and not move off of emotion. You can't let every time somebody say something to you make you react towards them in a violent man or any other man. And sometimes you just gotta let that shit be workeed off of ducks back and keep going. There's many times in my career where I would be in the mall, even with my kids. Bro, I'm in the mall and somebody behind me like, yo, you know that's ed love. And you know when somebody trying to.
Speaker 1: Bait you funck that nigga.
Speaker 2: Man, nobody give a fuck about that nigga. Instead of me spending and be like fuck you too and get into some shit, I just go all right, y'all, come on, let's go, because it ain't worth it, man. It's they want to make a name, and especially today, the camera's going to start costing you money.
Speaker 1: It's like it's a trap. It's a trap. So if they listen.
Speaker 2: There's there's a lot of OG's like yourself, like me, and I would love to talk to them.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 4: I would definitely do, and be honest, I definitely would like to lend my expertise, but I also don't want to waste my time to like you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying. I was at that age and I know I wasn't.
Speaker 4: Listening to somebody, but if somebody listen to me, I would let my time absolutely. I would. You have a thought hip hop would get this dumb? Damn No, it's mean.
Speaker 2: People ask me that I think that hip hop would get this far.
Speaker 1: Yes, but this dumb?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it's dumb.
Speaker 2: I think it's some real, credible, great young artists out there that I enjoyed listening to.
Speaker 1: I really really do.
Speaker 2: I just think that the avenue for bullshit is why.
Speaker 1: Wide open bullshit makes more money. Yes, like we get how do we close that gap?
Speaker 2: There's other people that got something to say, and then there's no balance.
Speaker 1: That's the only problems we had. Balance.
Speaker 2: We had the balance, we had the ex clan and public enemy, and then we didn't understand why.
Speaker 5: To mew a in public, and he was the perfect balance at that perfect balance.
Speaker 2: And was too.
Speaker 1: He had here intelligence and he has treets on absolutely.
Speaker 2: So if bigging them was saying I mean not big if Snooper was saying, bitches ain't ship but holding tricks, Lativa say who you calling her bitch? I punched your dead in the eye. You calling the bitch? Uplifting women. We had Lauren Hill, you know, you had Nikki d and all of that Daddy's little girl. You had Eve talking about abuse being abused, you know from from the perspective of her looking at her girlfriend being abused. You had that kind of stuff on record as well as us enjoying the hardcore ship. Now it's just dumb ship and it's not lyrical at all. You really don't have to be nice, which pisces the fucking shit out of me. I hate it. You don't have to be nice, you just have to be catchy. And they'd be like, it's a vibe. It's a vibe. It's a vibe. Okay, this ship ain't for me. All right, I'm fine with it, but go make your money. I'm happy about that too, me too. Make much money as you can.
Speaker 1: Off the ship. You're very happy about that. Yeah. I don't ever like to blame the artists that are doing it because make your money. No, I blame the audience is fault for saying I want to be this dumb but they don't know. It's the artists for dude like I can't, can't.
Speaker 2: They will try to add off and then when that ship that they try and don't work, they go right to the low lows hanging front. Let's think about your face.
Speaker 1: I should be like, oh, ship, you.
Speaker 5: Couldn't get away with no crazy the lyrics in the late eighties.
Speaker 1: That's not true. There's always been whacking on, always been whacking.
Speaker 5: It has been whacking seas, but you could barely rarely get away with it.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. I agree with that.
Speaker 4: But there's always been people who who who got over that hump recome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's always been that career that so long you rapping dudes excutive executive to actually real hip.
Speaker 2: I see somebody interfiting with the wrapping duke.
Speaker 1: Yeah hell yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Vana Ice was trashed too. I love Rapper, I love Rocket.
Speaker 1: We went and we went to Russia together. I love to do. But he was not a great raperd we gotta take a drink to that. He's named after Pappy van Winkle, Robert, give him a new drink, give him hm hmm.
Speaker 2: So he came out he could dance though. That was the entertainment value into but as a rapper, come on, all of us was man at them.
Speaker 1: So Stretch, Yes, let's talk about the super legend.
Speaker 4: I wanted to say queens, but that that'll be so limited to New York City, New York City. I want to say worldwide, because if you bring up the beginning of pop right after Digital Underground, it goes straight to Stretch.
Speaker 1: Stretches from the live squad.
Speaker 4: Stretcher actually brung Tupac to Left Rack City. You know, obviously Stretched had a relationship with E Moneybags, who's from my building, grew up there before he eat money Bass. Yes, so let's talk about that era because you grew up with Stretch.
Speaker 2: No Stretch came to me when they was trying to get a record there, Tommy Boy. Yes, I got them signed the time you got them Sign of Time. I played here demo for tif Latifa, set up the meeting when Monica and Monica signed them, and then they did that short short form video. Okay, that was like three songs and short killing people. Yeah that was crazy. If there's like nine hundred thousand dollars on that video. Yeah, three songs and one long video that connected all the songs.
Speaker 4: And that's because that's the rumor is that Pop reached out because Park lighted that gangster ship, like he saw that.
Speaker 2: They met on a set of juice. Oh, they set the juice. Yeah, I was in juice. If you blink, you miss get her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Behind, I've been looking for you for when you announces came right behind.
Speaker 1: I don't say ship.
Speaker 2: I'm just standing there, but I'm there all day. Just ship that ship and we made and we knew.
Speaker 1: Pop because we knew Shock underground.
Speaker 2: We knew Shock, so we knew POC when Pok was roady and then Pac was playing Bishop and then them niggas smoked like Chimney. So they smoking and talking and the next thing you know, boom, they friends. Man, they friends, and they was deep friends.
Speaker 1: Too, real good stretch and Pop. Yeah, real good friends. Yeah. Go ahead, asked a hard question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I want to because I don't want to blame their relationship on big that they fell out because didn't they fall out a little bit before that.
Speaker 2: They were together when the shooting happened. That's gotta be the They was together. So, in lack of a better term, well, they went into the building together. They walked in the building together. Ah wow, Yeah, it was more than it was thinking. I think Freddy was there too, and I think not fab five fred but my man Freddy from Queens.
Speaker 1: I think he was with him too.
Speaker 4: And everybody knows that's from New York. I want to say everybody from Queens, but everybody knows in New York. Who was that crew that was affiliated with that Young Guns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, geez e money bags, Gam shout out Gam, shoutout homo e money all of them. Yep, so Madge, Stretch brother Mann.
Speaker 4: What would who would it be if Pak didn't go to Unique Studios that night?
Speaker 2: Unique or Quad Quad sorry Quad Quad whole different ballgame, bro. You want to tell me, you want me to tell you what I think Pak would have been today? Yes, the most impressive actor out of all rap actors, probably would have already been nominated for an Academy Award one and would have definitely been on the front lines of Black Lives Matter. Absolutely would have been on it. He was a panther at heart.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: He really cared about his people. He cared, he loved his black people. He would have been at the forefront of that ship. Definitely would have been at the forefront of him. And I believe he'd probably already won Academy Award. He was gifted. Bro, that good as an actor. He was just natural, right, There wasn't no work for him.
Speaker 1: He was natural. Now I'm bouncing around a little bit up.
Speaker 4: Come come, come back to that now one of the other I mean, have so many classic moments. One of the classic moments is like the first time I got to see Wu Tang all together.
Speaker 1: I gave it so early. Ghost Face had like a dog. He didn't even have the usually one of showing the space then.
Speaker 4: And I watched that interview. It's so funny to me because I know when you're coming up in the street. The street taught you at that time not to look at the camera, like to be like, you know what I mean, all of them is doing the same exact thing, but you and Ed is holding it down conducting.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: You're talking about when I had the karate gig, the karate gill on and that was propable.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's second time. That's the first time I had him on.
Speaker 2: At that time, them niggas was ready to kill me, my nigga. The niggas did not think that was funny at like, I'm behind him kicking in the air and bun yeahs was not happy son.
Speaker 1: Oh. But that was after they blew up. That was after they brew nigga.
Speaker 2: And the only thing that saved me that day is Meth started laughing.
Speaker 1: When Meth laughed, everybody eased up.
Speaker 2: They grey Kawan told me this, Jeers, we was really wanted to fuck you up right right there. But that probably the second town, the first time I met these niggas. Fucking hilarius. I'm on Joe's Beach. It's the Greek Fest on Jones. I remember we used to go to Greek Fest Jones Beach. I'm Jeans Shawts Tams straight New York Yankee hat wife, beat up. Nineteen niggas surround me yo and lover. I'm like, yo, what's good. We're the wou Tang clan. I was like world standing down in Brooklyn. We in here, yo, we won't give you our tapes.
Speaker 1: I see the Rizza and I said, I know you Prince Rock video.
Speaker 2: We love you Rocky. Them niggas lost, No, it's the fucking Rizzle Now. They wasn't associating with that Prince Rock kshit that she was trashed to them. I did not recognize that Jena because he was on GAFEIC. I said, the gens, but they didn't really want to associate it. They were like, nah, we're the wool Tang clan. We'll get you all tape, my nigga, you know what I'm saying. Blah blah blah. So they gave me the tape and it was protecting that on one side and the other side was method.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I remember getting in my car playing this tape and it's the most incredible ship I had ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: I was like, how do.
Speaker 2: They seamlessly make these many people sound out sound like unit? It was nothing like it? And damn all Right after that, they were the very first guest we had on when we signed on to do Hot ninety seven Morning Show. Claim was our first guest. Wow, first guess.
Speaker 1: The way it's from the music matched that exactly. Yeah, energy, but that's the Rizzord.
Speaker 2: That's the genius of sequencing from the Rizza understanding who sounds best right behind other people. I've asked him a question before. He told me he has a version of Dream that's him in ghost face.
Speaker 1: It's them too, but he probably like no.
Speaker 2: But when he put Ray and Deck on it, he heard it, he said that sounds better than us. I'm taking us off. So as a producer, how do you have so much love for your clan that you're willing to not shine so that they could shine? He said, their verses sounded better than what me and Ghost did, So we took me and Ghosts off the ship.
Speaker 4: Wow got out really and I believe Rizard and Ghost is like the only ones that's really family like even.
Speaker 2: Doing family by married by married my children, my children.
Speaker 1: You had a lot of kids, Yes, yeah, yeah, yes, with yeah, God damn they love sounded crazy sound to be too.
Speaker 4: Did you ever see you ever got to see uh Woo and Nas show together?
Speaker 2: Yes that I buy merch. I'm just a fan man our asks for ship.
Speaker 1: I want to go.
Speaker 2: Backstage and say how the niggas and just being in the presence of them, and they're so fucking funny because what they sound like on the record if you just around them, that's how they talk to each other. Yo, God, Yo, peace God. Like all the skits and ship, they the same ship. Bro, It's the same ship. And even when they did the TV series, the young dudes that played them, when they were around each other, they.
Speaker 1: Talked to each other like they were in character.
Speaker 4: Yes, I told you, just had me scared of death and out there he had had Japanese whiskey and vodka and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I ain't fucking with you because that do not go together at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had had he had Yeah, Yamazaki, I believe, and he had great Goose and I was like, I love Yamazaki, I love Hebiki.
Speaker 1: But I'm not mixing him with no great Goose. Non haveving hell no, hell.
Speaker 4: Now, i'mna ask you a question that you asked yourself earlier. You ever thought the hip hop and make it this far?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never thought that I would be this involved in hip hop or even even have people call me o g uh, call me an icon. I never thought that would happen for me, and I'm so grateful that it did. But I just knew that hip hop or something special, and I knew that all them cats like. I remember we interviewed Bruce Willis and he's like, hip I ain't gonna do this. I ain't gonna Yeah, he didn't like hip hop. My father didn't understand this. My father was like, what's.
Speaker 1: All that deep?
Speaker 2: Anybody can do that? I'm like, Dad, this music is poetry. It's the last poets. It's Gil Scott that you've played in the house for me a million times. It's pig meat Markham. Y'all played picmic Markham for me when I was a kid. He was rapid. Here comes to Joe, here ye, here ye to call the swing. I'm just about ready to do my thing.
Speaker 1: That's wrap.
Speaker 2: And it went just we took it and we did something else with it. We took something from nothing at all and made something special out of it. So I knew once it went that it was the youth movement. It was the youth music. It's never gonna go anywhere, never going anywhere. Hip hop will never die never.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you we used to it earlier. Change the subject for a second. Now you guys blow up. You guys get the chance uh to do this movie. I think it's new line.
Speaker 1: You got new line, who's the man? Three? Three pitch of deal?
Speaker 4: Yeah, three pitch of deal. But what made you say I'm gonna stick with Ted? Demi as opposed to going with Bread because because Ted put me on. He put me on.
Speaker 2: He had did a movie, a short film when he was in film school, and he put me on. So we went in and fought with new line, We're not doing this movie.
Speaker 1: Unless Ted directs it. Wow. Because Ted put me on.
Speaker 2: Bro Ted is the reason why I went from a high school safety officer in Andrew Jackson High School to being worldwide known the next fucking year. That's because of tag Ted. Ted pushed the green light. Ted's the one that said, I want this unknown guy named Ed Lover, and I want this guy named doctor Dre and this is what I want. And he fought for me, even in the early days when we were a half an hour and they was trying to make all these adjustments to the show. Ted fought for us. Ted and Peter god Rest both they souls. They fought for us. So it was a no brainer for me to say it's Ted or it's nothing. And what was Ted Roller?
Speaker 1: MTV?
Speaker 2: Ted was executive producer You on TV roll Wow and for he was a producer first, and then he was executive producer of Young TV Raps, and then you know, he just became a big film and television director throughout his career. Died way too early, too.
Speaker 1: And wasn't the show one of the highest rated shows on him the highest rated show in the fucking history at MTVS. Don't let me tell you. Don't let them tell you no, only different, right?
Speaker 2: And what fucking pissed me off when they did the fiftieth anniversary of Hip Hop and NTV did that thing. They didn't invite us, they didn't mention it, they did say ship. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with them. We've been trying to do our own documentary. They won't fucking loan out the footage and ship. It's just say they be on some bullshit.
Speaker 4: Bro Let me ask you, what would Who's the Mad Movie look like?
Speaker 1: Today? And all the Yeah.
Speaker 2: At one point I said, if I did a Who's Too, I would want my man from Saturday Night Live, the Due Order Impression, Keenan Keenan to play Dre's son. Right after drum line, I was thinking Nick Cannon to play my son and somebody would kidnapped Dre and I'm like a captain or a lieutenant now, and then they rookies following our footsteps to find out where Dre is. I can see that then, but now with all the young young cats in it. But now you got great cats like DC, young Fly and all all them cats that I'm so fucking.
Speaker 1: Can still blame. Even though he looks your age.
Speaker 4: Right now, he gives me your age age and out of your neck just right, keenan. So I heard that Dre didn't get his name because everyone thought either.
Speaker 6: Doctor Dre better for doctor Dre or doctor for doctor.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you to doctor Dre from the West Coast because we got to try to Russia because of doctor Dre from the West Coast. Because they call our manager at the time, Charlie Stetler, who played Beca and Crush grew Wow and was the Fat Boys manager. That was our manager for a long time. They called him thinking he managed doctor Dre from the West Coast, and they wanted him for the ship called the Festival of the White Knights in Russia where it only gets it sounded wilding me. I was like, that sounds so clanning ship yeah, what happens is it only gets dark for an hour and then the fucking sunshine again in Russia. So he was like, no, but I got doctor Dre and ed lover from your on TV raps and okay, bring them and then we bought salt and pepper and fucking uh your man vanilla ice with us and we just fucking had a great time. And that's because of doctor Ray. But Dre got his name from doctor doctor d J, doctor J, doctor J because Dre was a little chubby ball boy. For the next when they were in Long Island, is he also an Andre? He's Andre Andre Brown. Yeah, both of the may both Andres. But you know, man doctor Dres mac Dre right, Yeah, all kind of trades were not that many.
Speaker 1: Doctor Dre's not that many doctors.
Speaker 5: And back then, especially back then, you would be confused without social media.
Speaker 2: And when I was on the radio, I almost sent a cease and desist letter to a radio person no Atlanta called Chris Love.
Speaker 1: I was like, this, niggas not used on Love on the radio.
Speaker 2: It's only gonna be one because I went about it the right way. I asked scoop and scrap, I could I use love a scoo. You don't just buy the niggas shiit no ask. They was like, nah, go ahead. I was like, cool, this nigga pop up Chris Love of Love. I was like, oh, hell fucking know. And then it turned out to be Luda Chris. So I'm so glad.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that s been mad at me where everybody's little some stills like, how many decades of littles have we had?
Speaker 1: Artists?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Little's you know killed me with the who I thought should have been little I love the motherfucker.
Speaker 1: But Big Sean.
Speaker 2: The first time I met him, I was like, how you Big Sean? Yeah, maybe he didn't want to be little Sandy. Yeah, mad littles, little baby is not like Lily.
Speaker 1: They would face that out by now. But Littles is still going. He's still going with Matt going for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah you j Young hold Jay still throw Young hout. I like it took all the d's, the littles in the young, but but who's the man going back?
Speaker 5: Was the obviously the focus always to do a movie that was going to expose all these artists, put all these arts.
Speaker 2: That was something that Dre and I said, we wanted to remember. I don't know if y'all remember Gumball Rally back in the days, all them since used to have all these cameos, all these cack ball cannonball, cannonball run and all that. Even on like the airplane joints. They'd be mad cameo. So we was like, we have this opportunity, let's give all these rap art stuff. Was a muster roup. You know who was supposed to be in it. It didn't didn't show up. No Mary j Block. Mary's supposed to sing at the funeral. Oh, I don't know what happened, but we was there all day. They confined Mary. So we're like, like, look, you're singing full for you're already in the movie. Mary was supposed to be in that ship.
Speaker 4: To this day, if you're a hip hop fan and you watch it as a man, you still notice people that you're like.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know that was him, Like you know what I mean, this day it was iller because you don't you don't see these people camera all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I was still a lot of people, but it wasn't prevalent everywhere. But you're absolutely right, But to me, it's Ellen now because like you said, I knew these people voices, and now with the Internet, now I know how certain people look like Like I really didn't know how n w A looked for a long time, you know what I'm saying, because I didn't get it.
Speaker 4: I was in privilege to see their videos. But when I watched Who's the Man, I'm like, Damn. I still to this day, like, Damn, that's who that was right.
Speaker 1: There crossing that ship, right we had which with bell Ice team Love. How the fuck did you get all these people? As them just.
Speaker 2: Asked, had just reached down to ask everybody? Nobody said no. Everybody said yes it was. It was just that simple. Everybody's like, yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: And Guru too, Yeah recipes?
Speaker 2: Was there anyone who said no?
Speaker 1: Recipes?
Speaker 2: Cypruss is in it too?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Be real? Be real, is my man thom Yeah? Be real as hell. Man. I I went to l A one time. Be real. Uh invited me to one of the Tolo barbecues.
Speaker 2: So yeah, one of them like in the hood, hood like straight like Mexican mafia type ship. When niggas sitting on the porch with a shotgun. When I pulled up and the nigga looked, and then some nigga walked to the gate, you know, like when the baby Joker looking biggas and scared you sh whole head got a spider that kind of ship he walked me. You know, Homie had lover it right. I'm like, yeah, I got a fucking great time with them, had ball. And then when I was getting ready to go back downtown, the niggas surrounded me in their calls to make sure you got it, wrote me all the way back downtown, and then be Real calls me and goes, yo, it was one of the homegirls in there that.
Speaker 1: Kind of like you be.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, I'm not, no, no, no, be Real, I might be one of them niggas, baby little little joker, just a little something.
Speaker 1: I'm not fucking with them niggas, No, sir.
Speaker 4: Do you ever realize like the love you got, like you know, by you playing is nutube in the time where life wasn't nutu, but you was being newt you in that time and it's somewhat I'm not not somewhat.
Speaker 1: It gives you like I've never like And you can tell me if this is if I'm bugging out or I'm exaggerating, like.
Speaker 2: I've never really seen somebody.
Speaker 1: Mad at that lover like, and.
Speaker 2: I don't think you will either, Wow, because I'm on my fucking business.
Speaker 1: Bro. Even if i.
Speaker 2: Have a conflict with somebody about something, I'm always the one that say, Okay, let's talk about it, and we can talk about it, we get past it. I think that's one of the traits I got from from my dad, you know what I mean, if it ain't your business, it doesn't directly affect me, on my family, on my kids, It really ain't got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 1: So I didn't get involved in that ship.
Speaker 2: I was a little upset that Park didn't come to Stretches funeral. I was upset and me him and I talked about it was in New York. It was in New York, okay, And that was one of the ship was what Park was his daughter's godfather and so on. My so I kind of felt a certain way about it, you know, And you spoke about Pa about that. We spoke, Yeah, we talked about it. That's when she told me that he liked me because I stepped a pack as a man. He said, you know, we could have beat the ship out here. I said, yeah, I knew it, but he was like, you came as a man. I was like, leave him alone. He got something to say, leading nigga alone.
Speaker 4: What's the biggest difference between Tupac a Digital Underground and Tupac death Row.
Speaker 2: Tupac death Row was coming into his own as an artist. Tupac Digital Underground had to stand behind Digital Underground. You know, he only really had that verse when the client around, when the clown around. He was coming into his own as a solo artist right there, able to express himself to the heights that he wanted to express himself.
Speaker 5: But he did have the two albums before. It was the two or three before death Row days.
Speaker 1: It was like two.
Speaker 2: I think it was I think a big part of the difference.
Speaker 5: I mean, you knew him, but it seemed also the jail time too, you saw different side of them after the shooting changing.
Speaker 4: I always forget the shooting and then jail. I always forget that part. I forget the shooting and the jail part. All I say is Digital Underground. I always forget shooting.
Speaker 1: Was a fan of Park coming out of out of Digital Underground and his first albums were amazing.
Speaker 2: To me strict yeah, tw apocalypse now, Apocalypse.
Speaker 5: Now, and then you know he had the shooting with the cops and all that, But he was he was a certain version of himself. And then after the Quad studio stuff, then jail and then death Row, that seemed like a different person a little bit to me from outside looking in.
Speaker 2: It's he was growing as an artist, right. People got to realize he was young, super young, I said, And man, every time, every time I talk on on about Tupac, my nigga, I get so much Tubac hate.
Speaker 1: Both kids hate it on too.
Speaker 2: I love that nigga with all my heart and soul. We broke brand in my mama's house with this dude. I don't understand how people could say that I ever hated Tupac.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I'm just not gonna believe.
Speaker 2: But people try to tell me about Stretch, I'm just not gonna believe it. Like we say, you're not gonna believe Chris Lighty, I'm not ever gonna believe Stretch set pop up in the Quad.
Speaker 1: I'm not buying that. So you said that was because I did. I never heard that room, man, If I did hear that the nigga Dexter I think his name is Dex Lawrence.
Speaker 2: He was one of the dudes that ran in on Tupac trying to make a name for himself.
Speaker 1: For some reason, he wanted to say Stretch has something to do with it.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, come on, I'm not believing. I'm sorry, I'm not gonna believe it. I'm just not that's my dude, I'm not gonna believe that.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 2: But it's always niggas that wasn't dead, that's the shit that killed me. It's always some twenty nineteen year old nigga hit me on my DM and I'm to ask you how old were you? I'm ninety teen. And Pop said, that's a nigga. You wasn't dead. Shut the fuck up. You wasn't dead, nigga. I can't talk. All I can talk about is what I seen. That's all I can talk about. I can't talk about what I didn't see. I can't talk about an error. I can't tell you what fuck David Ruffin. I wasn't around the nigga. Come on, does these thigga want to tell me shit? Nother shit kill me? That kills me?
Speaker 1: Bro It kills me. I lived the gifted life.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I love that dude with all of my heart and soul.
Speaker 2: And the last thing we said to each other when he was coming out of that hotel and I at the Betty Boot Bar with fucking Goious, Bishop Donon and all of them they got they try to give me a home, they try to get me a hole. I don't have the capacity. And we talked.
Speaker 1: We talked, and he said, are you come to Son's Club?
Speaker 2: And I was doing something for Chris Latimer on that night, and I was like, yeah, I might stop by. For the back of my mind, I'm like, it's the East Coast, West Coast beef, y'all get drunk. You're gonna beat the ship out of me.
Speaker 1: I'm not going over Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a Vegas that night and I said, I love you bo. He said, I love you too, walked out. I ain't never been on no track that park was talking about.
Speaker 1: By the figure everybody she kills me.
Speaker 2: It hurts me too. I wish niggas wild stop doing that, right, but yeah, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: You want to explain it on the game.
Speaker 2: By the way, part of me wants you to.
Speaker 1: Just the this or that talking about coming.
Speaker 4: Part of me wants you to drink some of this, but then the other part does no. I just want to be selfish and just drink this dog. This is because this is so good man, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I want you to say that. Mama, Mama, Yeah, you're ready, all right?
Speaker 2: So well, you know you know the rules.
Speaker 1: Then you know the rules.
Speaker 2: If I don't take one of the if I go neutrog I still got to yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: And then you know this is not meant to this nobody.
Speaker 2: I hope nobody gets some stack because'm gonnanswer honestly.
Speaker 1: Your stories to any story stories you got TUPAC or d m x PO.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know he's gonna say that this one, this one, I think we skin a shot.
Speaker 1: But X is one of the illest niggas that everly.
Speaker 2: You got any crazy story with x X. I had X when I was a member. I went to Power one of five yes, and they bought a starmbuck wild. At the end of the morning, I went to the afternoon. They still had me on the contract to do the morning in case the niggas do something crazy, and they did against interview, and that's how I ended up back on in the morning. But remember when I was in the afternoons, I had Oprah. Yes, Jamie Fox took that up, so I had Oprah. So X comes in the afternoon. So I'm asking x X, how'd you get there? I drove, I said, you just got arrested. Fucking drop that I got a call ding my ship definite and he had to share with him, not to sure. It was his first wife. So the niggas standing there and he's telling me this ship. He goes, yoh, go ahead.
Speaker 1: You know, music is playing. We just talking.
Speaker 2: You know. The first time I ever met my wife, I told her I loved her, right, maybe first night I ever met her.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, he did.
Speaker 2: He told me love it. I said, Dad, to get the pussy.
Speaker 1: Then I realized.
Speaker 2: Then I realized that I really did love her. I still got the pussy. Told me that nigga told me, say yo, I did.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I was going I did what they really want for the bitches. I did that song and I took the ship to death jam and it was like, yeah, it's good, but you need somebody to sing on this ship. This shouldn't sound good. And I was like, well, who you're gonna put on there, what we're gonna do. The nigga said, le's let's get the nigga Cisco. He's on the label Lazard. I didn't really you know the nigga, you know, you know the nigga the blonde head. I didn't know what the nigga was like, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: Is a character? Yeah, he genuine as a motherfucker.
Speaker 4: I tell you, crazy X is my dog is this big X came over my crib and made my dog a pit bull. I promise you, t cup yokie, this nigga DNX, it's on film. I promise you it's on film.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 4: He's this big a DMX came to my dog and was like, m and I've never seen this in my life.
Speaker 2: My dog was like, I didn't even know he had those teeth.
Speaker 1: That's how X is.
Speaker 4: Okay, Nas or jay Z queens no, okay, alright, cool, I miss no disrespect.
Speaker 2: Jay J to me is the probably one of the greatest living rappers right now, because I'll say this about J and NOAs Nas is an artist artist. Like when Nas did the ESCO ship and niggas started clowning him about the ship. He finally realized that I'm going to do a lot of arts a lot of times. NAS don't give a fuck if he make a record album with a radio single on it, right He's going to make the music he wants, he wants to make. He's from Queens, so I'm going I'm going with but Jay is incredible. If Jay made a record right now, everybody'll be like what he jumped on?
Speaker 4: What we And you know what I like about both of them. All of the latest materials sound like them now? Yeah, don't sound like them then? And I mean that in an accompliment because absolutely, yeah, absolutely when he did the four forty five four four.
Speaker 1: Jay did? Who did that?
Speaker 2: I always told Jay I always loved the more more introspective Jay than any other j because he's a lyricist and I loved him, like when he did the pop Love Me raised Me that ship. They get prospective Drake jay Z. That's the jay Z I love the most.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're updated verses of themselves.
Speaker 2: Wu Tang or n w A Wou Tang Woo Tang and I love n w A but EP two albums. Yeah, yeah, Wu Tang and the reason why I say Wu Tang is because of what spawned off of Wu Tang, and it's access that everybody that spawned off of Wu Tang had.
Speaker 1: If you do that, then you could do that. Lem as a legitimate.
Speaker 2: Easy was first and then Dre of course, Cube of course it's a great it's a great argument.
Speaker 4: There's a two do it the Colombian and the Dominican over there. Those are the two of these questions.
Speaker 1: Tracked the Leniens to Kendrick from n W A absolutely, you know, absolutely l L or Big Daddy Cane ship take a shot. I can't. I gotta say l Man all right.
Speaker 2: I love Kane, but I got longevity counts right, Yes, yes, that that new album is still fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta go l L new album. Yeah, Okay, okay, yeah, it's fine. Ready Yeah.
Speaker 2: Lauren Hill or Missy Elliott Lauren Ya none against Missy. I love Missy. I love Missy. I mean I love Missy too. I took Missy down, so.
Speaker 1: I look, I take it down. She know I love them, she knows I love my wife. You know I love Missy.
Speaker 2: Come on, I took definitely love me miss miss beautiful beautiful bro. I like the big Missy too, a little chubby.
Speaker 1: I like to hear he has God's back. That's the one for me, sir. Hell yeah, I love miss I love you, beautiful missus love. I love you, baby, Red Man or methey Man, drink.
Speaker 2: Let's drink on that baby. They drink to me, meth Red is one of the most underrated rappers.
Speaker 1: Ever than me. Red Man, you said, Red is one of the hell He's one of the Illis bro and both of them together, their kindred spirits.
Speaker 2: Man a little my nigga one time? Oh God, you said, you said, story or let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm a l a. They playing the House of Blues.
Speaker 2: Remember the House Blues down Sunset Nor Remember that ship, remember that if she was right there. So the niggas called me, they'll come hang out with us. We're doing the House of Blues. They right across the street at the fucking hotel. I'm in the hotel with them. Why did I decide I'm gonna smoke weed with these niggas. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why did that? Don't tell me it was dust? I know what done. I never been dust.
Speaker 2: Now I smoke weed with them niggas and we go across the street. They send the Sprinter to get the niggas. The niggas like, fuck that Sprinter House of Blues is right there. We're walking across the street. We just fucking walking out in traffic on sunset. We don't give a fuck the high as fuck. We get backstage, they get ready to go on. I said, I'm gonna go in the audience and watch the show. I went home.
Speaker 1: I was so fucked up. I went home. The fucking leg was no know where I was at. I went the fucking fun bred man and member and many and niggas always got this ship.
Speaker 2: With us that we just we just not on each other. We see each other. It's not like a hello, It's not like yo, what's good? How the kids just always look at this big note taking those with boxing gloves, fans nigga That's what to this day, That's how we are. So I can't choose between them two.
Speaker 1: I would expect that Gangstar or Eric being rock Kimp.
Speaker 2: Ericbing rock Kimp okay, and only because Rock Kim is probably one of the most important mcs we have ever seen on the faces earth.
Speaker 1: He's the god MC.
Speaker 2: He put words together his lineage. If you go look at Rock Kim's lineage. Nas is on that tree, Jay is on that tree, Big is on that tree, Guru's on that Wrapped is on that tree.
Speaker 1: That everything was aggressive before. Rocky is on that tree. Is definitely. We've had a lot of people from Nigga you on.
Speaker 5: The tree, a lot of people from different parts of the country, from the West coast, from the south that you would have thought and they would say, Rock Kim, They're part of that lineage as well.
Speaker 1: I love when we have people from.
Speaker 4: The West Coast and then they give us the top the top five and they and top top three of them usually is the real mcs from back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rock Kim is is dumb important, you know right? He said ship. Yeah, and then he said ship.
Speaker 2: That made me say what my name is? Rod Kim inlaw and RRA A stand for Rod spinning around.
Speaker 1: It still comes out on and it does like what the fuck the seven of them season?
Speaker 2: The line is one of the fucking you know one of them? Yeah, takes seven more before yeah, twenty one and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like the out Yeah, And he was gangster without without cursing, absolutely and without saying gangster ship.
Speaker 4: Just think about it, like back then, people used to be like, yo, uh, don't let their kids listen to rap because of the curses.
Speaker 1: It was never because of the content. People can't really understand metal for us.
Speaker 4: So Rock Chim is probably only people that kids was listening to, and parents wasn't catching on that this was gangster.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, absolutely, he's still He's still one of my favorite dudes.
Speaker 1: Man. I remember I had this Gucci chain on.
Speaker 2: Big stupid Gucci Linguae ship hollow as the motherfucker I bought off the ad.
Speaker 1: Right ship was huge. I'm supporting this ship.
Speaker 2: So I'm around Eric, b Rock Cam, their whole crew, Supreme Magnetic all them, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So them niggas is.
Speaker 2: The Puerto Rican Supreme Magnetic right and fifty with them real. So the nigga tell me, you know, I was gonna get you for that chain.
Speaker 1: I was like, what what was that? You know how I get down?
Speaker 2: I'm about to get you for that change, But Eric and Rod said, you know that's my man at level, leave him alone. I said, so, fifth, what the fuck do you think it was gonna be the oe coming? You're robbing me like you think you're just gonna rob me? And I was gonna be okay with it, like the are you talking about? But the nigga told me he's gonna rob me. Thank you Eric being rock camp and got the locks of Run dmc oh, come on take a ticket shot, Yeah, come on. Longevity plays a part of it, but the Locks have more longevity than Run indeed. But they the most important motherfuckers that ever happened to me because if it wasn't for them agreeing to do that pilot, I would have never been on your own TV raps talk about man hell yeah, man, oh my god. Super important to me, super important. The queens the period, you know, so geez, the first ones on MTV, the first ones on Rolling Stone, They did live aid like on it was doing stadiums. I remember I did a commercial with Run. It was when Beats first started their streaming service before they sold it to Apple, And a lot of people don't know that's what Apple actually bought. They bought the streaming service and took their headphones and gave very like a billion dollars in Jimmy I V and all them right, But it was the streaming service because they had the infrastructure already, and Apple wanted the streaming service so they bought that. So me and Run did a commercial together that actually aired in the Super Bowl. And I asked Run, I said, who was your stiffest competition when you was rhyming?
Speaker 1: He said, we did Peter Piper and I said.
Speaker 2: We got one and he said, I got it from fairy Tale Lover from UTFO the song fairy Tale Lover.
Speaker 1: And I said, d we need to make a song like that.
Speaker 2: So we started writing Peter Piper, Pig Peppers and Run rock Royn and he said I thought we had him, and he said that Nigga LLL came out with I Need Love. He was like this motherfucker right here. And then I asked him another question. I said, care us one disc y'all subliminently, hechers wear crowns.
Speaker 1: The teachers stay intelligent.
Speaker 2: Talking silly Rhyn's on the mic is still relevant, especially when you not college material.
Speaker 1: That was a diss to Run dmc jans wear crowns.
Speaker 2: I'm the king of rock, but teachers stay intelligence here right, So I asked Run, why didn't y'all say something about it. Run said I was doing stadiums and he was doing clubs. If I would acknowledge him, I've been pulling him up to my level. I said, okay, that makes sense. And then he said, and the nigga was nice me, and they didn't want to fuck with that. That nigga was nice. Podcasts of radio, podcasts, podcasts, and I'm on the radio and I'm staying and I have my own podcasts. Come on, come on, podcast, I'm gonna tell you why radio have to stop operating like it's nineteen ninety three or eighty three or eighty seven. They need to go to the FCC and say, after a certain time, we need to be able to say what the fuck we want to say, because that's the reason why people come to podcast because you could say whatever you want to say.
Speaker 1: You could be as raw as you want to be.
Speaker 2: You could be as opinionated as you want to be. You could be who you want to be. That's why they're trying. These companies that have radio stations are investing in podcasts because podcasts is raw.
Speaker 1: As you see television change.
Speaker 2: You get the ship roll you get, you know, you get the House of the Dragons and crazy ship like that. You get dext you get the ship that Dion Cole got. You know, the average Joes. It shows like that. It ain't the cosmis no more, and radio is still dealing with it in that manner. And they don't want to make stars no more. Radio used to make stars. They made flex a star, They made Me and dre and and Lisa stars. They made Angia star, they made the Breakfast Club stars. They not want to They don't want to be invested in that because they don't want to pay no fucking body.
Speaker 1: So podcasting all day, bro. It's funny the way you say the uncensored part, because that's why Pirate Radio, at least down South so big. That's right that we took it was radio, but it was uncensored doing we want to do it Luke or Oconelly ockets from Queens. But I'm gonna say Luke. I'm gonna say Luke because Luke was the first dude that I saw that had his own resting plants, his own trucks, his own everything. He was Motown before Motown.
Speaker 2: And Luke gave us Trick Daddy, he gave us pit Bull, he gave us two Live Crew, wrest Brother mar Keys, Poisoned Plan. All that Luke is like to me, one of the most important label owners before anybody else. Luke had no middle man. It wasn't no Arister above him. It wasn't no Sony above him. It was no Interscope above him. Everybody else had a boutique label. Luke had his own real fucking record label. I used to watch the niggas press his records up in the warehouse, sleeve them, wrap them and put them ships in the truck and go out across the country and on the Luke record, Luke Skywalker records before they got them for the Skywalker ship, and and and take that ship all over the place. Plus Luke's for for our rights to say what the fuck we wanted to say on how.
Speaker 1: Luke. Absolutely, we just had Luke go on ahead.
Speaker 2: That's talking about don't get dilly.
Speaker 5: I love Luke talked about he took advantage of all the Caribbean and all the pressing plans being here for the Caribbean and for because he did took advantage of it, was l.
Speaker 1: Two coming long, not be He's a legend man. Yeah, arranged me for the petty oh yeah, big up dog and Luke and I played in the same playground because I came down here and KOD's and all that ship.
Speaker 2: So okay, absolutely, I remember. Get to the airport. We come down here to do the look shop a week work for your TV rats were looke. We come to the airport and it's limo for Ed Love, a limo for doctor Dre, a limo for T Money, a limo for Ted Dinny. We got four different limos. So I get in the limo and there's two naked girls in the back of the I get out the limo pulling my pants up, and she getting out the limo, both of them. So no, Luke said, we with you for the night. God, bless you little thank you, very God. Sell the fucking right. Moved something nine times in the row. He was moving money. I'm moving some of that, my wife, Baby, I'm keeping a real mob deep or m O P mam Okay, I love m O P too. Billy and Fame two of my favorite dudes to be around, because they're just such great dudes. And it's it's wonderful to see m ops growth right, like they've grown men. Now they got family. It's great. Like the niggas was scary, m O b was scary niggas, but Mom, because you know, Havoc is so ill and recipes and lifetime in between the papers.
Speaker 1: Lines on the quiet strong niggas who fight rounds p y you heard of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah a mob deep bro Peper or jj Fad Salt and Pepper all day. That's not even close.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love JJ Fat too, but you don't have the history, the amount of hits and all that ship that Salt and Pepper had, Yes.
Speaker 4: To push it video push Yeah, ain't get up. I was at that video said push push it, get up.
Speaker 2: Everybody get up. My nigga acts Trench. Did you trust tell y'all introduced him the Pepper? Did he tell us that nigga? I had a crush on Pepper? I sent Pepper teddy Man flyers on telling Yeah, she didn't like me, how about I'm good with that.
Speaker 1: She liked Trench, So what's at the screen break? And she was like, what's up with Trash?
Speaker 2: And I was like, but what's up with me?
Speaker 1: He's like trash?
Speaker 2: She liked trash and I was like, yo, treusch Pep want to holler at you. And then Pepper turned around, introduced me to my first wife, and me and Trench laugh all the time because none of this shit worked out. We do get vid, We got beautiful kids out of the wet.
Speaker 1: I wasn't ready for the explanation.
Speaker 2: Click rigger Andre three thousand. God damn drinking drinking because I gotta take in long chevity.
Speaker 1: I'm drinking. I'm drinking three thousands.
Speaker 2: Ain't doing goddamn three thousands one of the ellis. But slick Rick has been sampled, probably as a rap artist more than anybody else.
Speaker 1: Like his voice.
Speaker 2: He almost James Brown a rat. Yeah, absolutely, and that Great Adventures of slick Rick is such a fucking moment I feared he's still doing it crazy. My favorite slick Rick shit is uh uh. The pussy started going and he grabbed his clothes. He wanted to leave this place. At the first he wanted to see the vagina face to face. He opened it up with his bad two Dumbeys hall crabs with speeds and then.
Speaker 1: Nobody can do.
Speaker 2: Everybody that does double rhyns, everybody that eat from sloop to give me the loot, give me alu by Biggie that do two different people is because of slick Rick. And he gave us Dana Dane the Kingo Crew. So I'm gonna give Slick his props all ways, but three thousand had a longer Wait wait, wait tell him. I threw a slick Rick and Dana Dane used to battle each other. They were in the same crew called the Kingo Crew. But they but but but wait a minute, they.
Speaker 1: Were a crew called the Kingo Crew. Fan's right, Slick Rick Dana day. Oh, we said they have beef.
Speaker 2: No, no, wow the niggas what ballet's in and you know all them ship the fly Baallet's in the fly green socks.
Speaker 1: Wow, you picked Andre? I have to pick Andre. He did. Jeffuary the shot. We took a shot. Took a shot. Don't bind me. I'm drunk. I want to make sure we accurate. Okay, I took the shot. I'm all right. Oh the symphony Hatbanger Symphony, he said that quick. Yeah, like that symphony. The head bangers are pretty important too, though very important.
Speaker 2: But but the symphony. No, no, absolutely, because there's no scenario. But I'm gonna take I'm gonna take this. I'm gonna take the symphony just because Kate said put a quart.
Speaker 1: In your ass and he played yourself. That was crazy and it's one of the first possas like that, Yeah right, fat as Scoop or Biz Markey rest in peace to both rest poth them take a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would never disrespect either one of them. This was a friend. Scoop was a friend. School was a friend. School. I put Scoop on the radio. Wow.
Speaker 2: People don't know that via not directly saying highest Scoop, But Scoop worked for Tommy Boy and he would come around with the big bottle of Scope all the time and he would try to listen to this record, listen to this record, and I say, brother, why do you have this? Why do you got this? I just call him big Scope and he was liked, brother, you gotta be you got to be friends. You can't be talking when you're talking to the program directed brother right on, Brother solid goal.
Speaker 1: At least say that.
Speaker 2: So we took to go do a drop to say, listen Andre at Lisa on the radio, fat Man School right on Brother Solid Goal. And we started playing that this Steve Smith rest in Peace and was like who is that guy? And I was like, that's the guy from Tommy Boy. Yeah, wow, you know.
Speaker 5: And I feel terrible because we hadmunications for him to come on and it's like a lot of people and just never ends up happening.
Speaker 1: Grand Dad, that you is my biggest thing, like that. I wanted to make it happen. You didn't get you know. That's my favorite rapper of all time. I heard you say that.
Speaker 4: I love grand brood Daddy. That's hard, right then, only built for Cuban links A reasonable doubt ship, drinking, Yeah, okay, drinking.
Speaker 1: I can't do that.
Speaker 4: I can't do that, and is that both day first person, first solo album?
Speaker 1: And Jay was right, we laying down on reasonable Now.
Speaker 4: No, I ain't gonna lie to you. I always say this on this show. I always say reasonable doubt went over my head because I think I.
Speaker 2: Was broke at that time. Like maybe that for me, for me, like not for you, but for me, because he stays I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't broke, but I still wasn't doing the ship. He wasn't laying to certain ship. And then years later I was like, I get it down, but is it twenty two that what he said?
Speaker 4: He said a four point on a four point six, You said forty grands, Oh my god, I can be there, And I was like, damn, I didn't know there.
Speaker 1: Was a difference like the game was in my lifetime, was like, what the fuck? Yeah? This yeah, no was JA was ill man.
Speaker 2: When Jay say we don't drive a file as we get him the baby mothers, I was like, God, damn Niggasu.
Speaker 1: Niggas out in the street.
Speaker 2: Je niggas take from the range robe and take the four point on plat off the back of the range row because the four point six scrolls about forty thousand dollars more.
Speaker 1: He made niggas actually.
Speaker 2: Get a fuck if you had a four point on you took to get ship off. Jay's influence on pop culture is unmatched.
Speaker 1: And he made you wear throwbacks and he made you take off. He made you wear the throw back and then he took the ship off.
Speaker 2: I don't wear throw backs from the first player jeans Nigga buttoning.
Speaker 1: Up, niggas buttoning up. We're all butting up. Jay z s like no.
Speaker 2: Love hold man, whole man. That Nigga's social impact is readdigu.
Speaker 1: Yeah he stay in the Dominican section. Nigga, Hey, hey, hey, we did speaking to a letting Mark Yo. We did. We did powerhouse. We did a powerhouse one time.
Speaker 2: Right, So the Bentley Dealership I mean, I mean the Mercedes dealership in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Let me holding may Back for the night.
Speaker 2: So I come to the Powerhouse and I parked my may Back downstairs next to jay Z's Mayback to my ship right there.
Speaker 1: So after the show, Jay go, Yo, who'se Mayback? Is that right there? I say that that's me Hope. So, oh, Eddie, man, I'll see what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yo. Let's go to forty forty club. So me and this nigga get in and day back to may Back. I got me and my man d my assister were rolling Jay and Beyonce another joint.
Speaker 1: We rolling.
Speaker 2: We're going to forty forty club. Traffic is crazy going through the Lincoln Tunnel. Jay rolling window around, he waving that people. Nigg I rolled the window down and it's like, fuck me. But I had to tell a nigga at the night. We want you to know that's not my may back. It's a loaner because the next time you see me, I'm in a hot cord. Yeah, make back that night in front of that that Eddie.
Speaker 1: Do that. You can't do that.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna see this ship tomorrow. A big L Biggie L's life is cut too short. Yeah, big amazing man, he would have been fucking amazing.
Speaker 1: Yea. I ain't gonna take nothing away from Big.
Speaker 2: Signed the rocket. Big he would have signed the rocket. Oh my God, that whole was the children of the corn, all them cam Him's bloodshed, God rest his soul.
Speaker 1: And Big l Niggas was lyrical right there, Bro's Big lyrical. I watched it. It is what it is, what it is.
Speaker 2: Both still they still murder Mason. I'm I'm still waiting for you to go in one day.
Speaker 1: To drinks and look like, say want at first then and I would say, y'all niggas inspired me.
Speaker 2: Chet this out though, Yeah, them niggas right there, man, Yeah, Big Lay he was eighties or nineties hip hop nineties. Okay, queens or Brooklyn queens all day. I knew that I was born in Brooklyn, but it's going to be queens all day. Who's the Man or Juice?
Speaker 1: Come on, you guys, are juice really? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: Juice had a bigger impact than Who's the Man? Dad? Whose man was dope? But Juice was better't I didn't think that? Do you think how people say that they think that drinking wrong? You think that Park playing bishop.
Speaker 2: Really, people think he took on the former bishop. He was already that way, right, That's when them young niggas as seventeen and that's what they think. No, that was already he was already on. That was he was always going to be pop. Wow, it was gonna be No.
Speaker 1: No. Juice was absolutely the catalyst that blew him.
Speaker 5: They just showed how talented he was. Absolutely right. Fat boys are the beastie boys.
Speaker 1: I'm drinking.
Speaker 2: I'm drinking and the only reason why I'm drinking is because Charlie used to manage the fat boys and they had an impact. They had a huge impact. I think they don't get enough. People forget about them. People forget heavy, and I don't know why they do that.
Speaker 4: We were talking about heavy heavy then Biggie pun Yeah okay, but have made it cool to be a big name.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay. After the fat boys was first, but fat boys more novelty. They were not to say like that because I loved the fat boys, but they wouldn't fly.
Speaker 2: They was fat boys. They were fat boys. You you were cool, fat boy. It was cool and it was cool because I'm flop with all that stuff. I'm making dance in France to you and pumps no way of me. You' miss stuff, big stuff niggas like I'm big nigga. Yeah, that's it's cool.
Speaker 6: Heavy was flying fucked your big and Doss Sales went to the room. Yeah, absolutely, Rochester big and but what fat boys did? I think also for hip hop is also entered the Hollywood space with this. They did, they did like and they were image.
Speaker 2: They shotted that and then after that came Uh Canning playing ship yep, and then right after that came Lo was the Man.
Speaker 1: They opened the door for up. That's why I think they're underrated and they deserve more props.
Speaker 2: Analog or digital. Analog, Thank you analog, because digital is any and everybody. Analog you had to be good, like what analog. You had to spin three hundred dollars on a two inch tape and you couldn't fuck the ship up and you couldn't do it in your base We're going to start with, right, You.
Speaker 1: Couldn't do it in your basement.
Speaker 2: You couldn't get in the studio studio one hundred and fifty two hundred three fifty an hour. Yeah, unless she was at the ship and Queen or maybe DN d Early you could have fought no fucking studio time, No analog. Definitely, That's why the sale of vinyl is gone through the roof, because analog is just better. It's better because you went to the store to get the record. You went to the store. I remember when get Richard died, trying came out and Christmas my next door neighbor, but he didn't even have a copy for me. And I was running around the record store is trying to find trying to find canes, long liveded Cane, trying to find that record so I can have the hard copy. Y'all have look a man, Remember you said about owning your music, throwing around my record breaking up.
Speaker 1: I remember the stuff you gave me on racks. I still have it.
Speaker 2: That ship means something to me. Like Bojo said, if I don't pay my phone bill, I lose my music. I own it.
Speaker 1: It's it's a different thing. So I'm gonna go analog. Yeah, I love that. I love that Kris Won or cool Gie Wrap.
Speaker 2: I'm drinking, okay, yeah, I'm drinking. I'm drinking only because g rappings from queens. We drinking Boden and Chris is one of the Ellis Niggas. Oh man, I can't treat that both to riches.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm cheating because as we go on, the shots get smooth. They do not get harsher, they get smoothly. That's an illusion.
Speaker 1: Now we're pappy Pappy. I was just pat delicious. Yes, it's delicious, red lure or kicking pree mm hmm. Drinking okay, cheerious than send them two legends. Yeah I'm drinking.
Speaker 2: For real?
Speaker 1: Or yeah, drinking? Damn Now I feel like he just wanted to drink. Drinking drinking.
Speaker 2: Ain't telling us no stories and he's started for Oh yeah, what yay?
Speaker 1: Me and my man Tom.
Speaker 2: Big up to my man Tom, one of my best friends, one of the first ones to ever do parties in Mars twenty one twelve, Yeah, we did a Latrell's free Well, welcome to New York.
Speaker 1: Can I stop me for one second?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me just describe what he just described to you that Mars w one twelve, was that what year?
Speaker 1: Can you tell us what year?
Speaker 2: Because I wanted to tell you And where's this place?
Speaker 1: This is in New York City? This is New York Square, Right. I couldn't get in this club at all. I wanted to.
Speaker 2: I wanted to know what year is this is? It is a welcome to New York LA Trou's Freewell just signed to the New York Can you can you figure out? So Paul on the sports LATREUS three well signing to the New York next?
Speaker 1: Yes, what is this?
Speaker 2: And outside the club was a young man by the name of Kanye West that couldn't get in the party. And he introduced himself to me, said, my name is Kanye West. I'm ana producer. I produced for Rockefeller. I'm over here, and what do I need to pay to get in the party? And I said, man, you just come on and you're down with hovering up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on in? Yeah? And for real he was, you know he was, you know, for real? Is the motherfucker that wrote All I want to Do is that's a classic classic right there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Teddy do the talent show to get the niggas a deal and them niggas is producing.
Speaker 1: Teddy was taking the credit, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Beef between tribing them. But yeah, that was crazy. That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I can't I can't choose Clips or dog Pound Clips.
Speaker 2: Push your t is one of my favorite mcs bro and with him and Malas together, my nigga.
Speaker 1: The ship them niggas was saying. The ship they were saying.
Speaker 2: Was real like drugs dealers, like real drug dealers. Knew that they were telling the truth. It wasn't like making up ship like you were telling me. You could tell.
Speaker 1: Like he was like he was like a print so I could do this and that. Two little black niggas fight like that. Like no, they were real and really quick. Dog Pound new album is dope, and I'm looking forward to the new Clips. Yeah, I heard about the Clips album. I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: I like when niggas don't stop making records, that's a sign that got a new album out.
Speaker 1: I love the ship. I just like when niggas just don't stop, like.
Speaker 2: You don't outgrow and and are in general like the other art form. They don't stop and still got ready coming out while we got to stop.
Speaker 1: One one is going to church and one is still drug dealing. But they both went. You know what, that's balance, that's balanced.
Speaker 2: Malas is back announces performing again with his brother. Yeah, drinking.
Speaker 1: Anna sit, I feel like he's gonna be on that rock ship, like it's gonna be hardcore.
Speaker 4: Praising the Lord. I don't respect that. He ain't gonna say no crazy ship. But he out in the clubs again. I respect that too. Yeah, son, God bless you me with you at least in the Louis guitar clubs. I've seen him in there, Brand Nubian or Tripical Quest.
Speaker 2: Try and there's nothing against my I got a personal relationship with Lord Jamal.
Speaker 1: That's my man. My wife and his wife are really good friends. That's my man.
Speaker 2: But Tribe bro low in Theory Midnight Marauder's tribe bro Tri Tribe was the Layman's Daylight Soul Tribe was more relatable, you can because Daylight so ron patterns, was so fucking incredible. But a lot of times he was like, what is these niggas talking about?
Speaker 1: And Daylight came technically first, right, yeah, just because said I look acute.
Speaker 2: He say black and black, remember, Yeah. But besides that, a lot of the ship to be like, what is they talking about?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorite records, and I kind of still don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 5: From you know what it is that we're all just getting daylight now like all the props unfortunately that.
Speaker 1: But we just get It's like they deserve everything they was.
Speaker 2: What where everybody talking about relationship goals lots day that's relationship goes. They could do whatever they were and none of the niggas ever made a solo record, Positive and Dove never went so long they did they together, They could have easy, you know the way the Locks respect each other to do their solo ship.
Speaker 1: But they're still Locks no matter what. They respect their group more than they respect Yeah. Well yeah, but Jada, them niggas get Jada and Style is getting that solo money and she absolutely getting that solo money. Motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Jada is getting ready to come to Cobb County, Georgia, cop Energy Center coming up.
Speaker 1: I think in December with a symphony. Uncle Street'll be there to shout out to Jada. Now that's Jada by itself or the hotel.
Speaker 2: Of course the Locks will be there's Bill as Jadakiss like Jadakiss pause in Panama with Jadakiss man doing some ship with them for somebody didn't think Florida, Panama, Panama and I got to hung out, hang out with Jada and my nigga the ship that he was some of the ship. He was telling me, like, Yo, I got tired of get apart from my ship.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of niggas didn't know until the beef, until the day until the.
Speaker 1: Ship, people didn't know that that nigga rose. So what you want to do? Only you know your DJ.
Speaker 2: A lot of the regular niggas ain't know that he wrote that ship.
Speaker 1: Ain't know that that's well they got out of Dodge the Rock or Rough Riders Rock Rock.
Speaker 2: Jay z is too is to important access to because X was like, what the only nigga that had to number one album.
Speaker 1: In the same year, but he put up Yeah, last question a quick time slime, did you get back to the interview? Loyalty or respect? Respect? Why?
Speaker 2: Because loyalty wanes depending on what you're giving. If you keep giving, motherfucker's gonna be loyal to you. But respect lasts a whole lot longer. Like me, I have been respected for such a long time that I would rather have respecting fake loyalty.
Speaker 1: Loyalty sometimes comes at the courts. Respect pretty much does to come at the court. So I would rather be respected Okay, this makes a noise for that. Now. Is it true you and miss Jones had a beef at one point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she was with Staring Buck wilding them in the morning, talking reckless about me and I'm don't want to put it on the radio, but it's all going under the bridge.
Speaker 1: But what happened, like I mean, especially if it's water under the bridge and it's all gone. So what happened?
Speaker 2: You put Miss Joe Jones came because she had that way I want to be joint out.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I liked her and I thought she was dope. And I told Steve about her because she was up there a lot and see Smith.
Speaker 1: Steve Smith.
Speaker 2: And then she got with them and there was some words said, you know about us when we was at Power and they think they were still at Hot ninety seven, and.
Speaker 1: You know, they took go on a beef for Hot ninety seven.
Speaker 2: They was for Hot ninety seven and me and Dre and came back from LA and Wiz on Power. There's some foul ship said, and I was like, remember I got on the phone. I was like, Jonesy, we don't own these stations. What the fuck are we talking about? Right?
Speaker 1: Now, but but you know it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I remember at one point I could go to South Carolina and they could hear me in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Immdiation, like they didn't have no beef.
Speaker 4: Immediately when New York opened up another station beef from the get on the gate, it was like it was like bloods and grips, like like I mean, let me not say that because if you have, because you went to because that power. Okay, So this drive us the situation because outside is looking in.
Speaker 1: You guys to us. And I had beef with Murder Height what the fuck? Yeah? How I had beef for Murder Inc.
Speaker 2: Because one of the dudes that they had signed to the label had got shot and killed an ol'connell Park, a young dude.
Speaker 1: I can't his name, God rest.
Speaker 2: And I said something, and I said, it's no disrespect to death Row or Murder Ink, but there's a certain order that's going to happen when you name your company something like that. I said, death Jam was d e F Jam, And I said, no disrespect. They went on staring buck while trashing me. Wow on me, it's soft murdy ruling, ruling, fucking herb.
Speaker 1: And I called my sister My sister was the receptionists in Death Jam.
Speaker 2: Oh Wow Wow song your numbers my sister and I told my sister, I said, tell her I'm coming up there to see him. She said, don't come up here. Premump here all the time dreams with them. And I said, okay, now it makes sense, right, Why yall niggas talking hard? And but it's all water under the bridge because Ron Gutter, who is John Ruth's best friend, it's my niece's father, see how to work out.
Speaker 1: Came together.
Speaker 2: So then I just did the least Alsa Cold Jam movie and Ron Goutn's a producer on it. So it's all going under the bridge. Words get exchanged where they really don't mean nothing.
Speaker 4: But but but still, I know, I know it's water under the bridge. But I want people to understand, how cuci you? It was for New York rated because I could give my part of it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I had a record called Grammy Grabby was number one. It was a shootout in front of hotinety seven. I got banned in front of everything. I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: You weren't even there, right, They just did that on on TV one, You know that, right? No, I did not know they just did the whole little Kim ship about that. Yeah, they said you wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I was not saying they said I wasn't there. Finally you were there. They actually said, look like.
Speaker 2: And I was kind of pissed, but I was like, why y'all ain't talked to a few more niggas that were actually around that day?
Speaker 1: Yea, because I wasn't. He wasn't. But what I'm saying is, so that shit happened.
Speaker 4: I got banned from every radio station, even radio stations that didn't like and it's broadcast at the time.
Speaker 1: That's what it was, right, and it wasn't clear. Channel Right.
Speaker 4: Still took their side, and Russell Simmons, who you picked up earlier. Russell Simmons personally came went to what her name, Tracy Clarity or Tracy because Clarity, Tracy Clary Church Clarity, and said, you can't spank somebody for a person that that wasn't there, Like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, you can't. You can't, right, they can't fault you, you can't fault me. I became back number one because Grimy was number one in the whole country. But when Honey seven pulled my record and it's broadcast.
Speaker 4: It's set a thing. But then Power one five came like a couple of weeks later. Remember Mike Cat Mike Kyser saying to me, it's my boy, Mike. There's two episodes in the world and talking. But everyone was saying, we flipped the switch. I was the only artist that technically wasn't allowed to say.
Speaker 1: Just got back. Just so if you listen to Earler early drops, I have all the early drops. So all Power on Fire.
Speaker 4: Every single person that Death Jam, you know Death Jams was enforcing this label. Was like, yo, we're not only going to have you know Hot, We're gonna have this laby and by the way, I'm gonna be honest. Power on five first came out, people didn't think it was going to work.
Speaker 1: Right at all. It was the underground. It was the anti Hot ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Flex got into a beef, right, yeah, because because I was on Power and Flex was on and Flex was on Hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got into some ship.
Speaker 4: Yea was yeah, I was okay, okay, Steph Love okay, but y'all was friends before you and absolutely friends now, right, So so what was.
Speaker 2: The Steph Love us ship? He had him and Steph got into something, and Steph was with us in power okay, and they got into something about her being around there something, Flex had words something. I was just on the radio like, yo, man, you can't get on a girl like that. Then he went on his show that seven o'clock wilding on me. And then I just came back like dog like, let's meet in forty second Street com squad, just me and you are like I'm a fucking punch in your face, like the fuck. And then we got on the phone. It was like, Yo, we don't own these states. It's like we're fighting up some ship that we don't own. Like this ship is stupid, it's retarding. And Flex has championed the ship out of me ever since I've been back on ninety four to seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: He is champion and that is the correct.
Speaker 2: No, that's a whole different that's Odyssey. Oh, that's company, a whole different company. But Flex, it happens like that sometimes.
Speaker 4: Man, who's who's on Odissey right now on that station was on there, Siphon is dead, Miss Jones in the morning, okay, scratch, Kelly Wade, me, DJ big Ben and we just lost Missississist on fat.
Speaker 1: Man Scoop had just started. Oh wow, yeah, we lost school.
Speaker 2: I never understood why these radio stations with beef.
Speaker 1: Like it was some s It was territorial. It was never going to mount anything.
Speaker 2: But some of the talk was crazy. Talk was ridiculous, like you should have expens shretened me and I threaten niggas right back they doing crazy ship.
Speaker 1: It was we're going to get that. I don't play with my family.
Speaker 4: And it was clearly at one point like if you give you a record to Power.
Speaker 1: One O five, stay there like get that part.
Speaker 4: And then it was like you give you a record to flex clue, ain't taking your ship. At one point like and it was just like damn, like you really had to draw a line. It was really like some gang ship really had to go one.
Speaker 1: Over the other one. You know.
Speaker 2: One of the first times I interviewed Nor as a solo artist, he came to the station and the first thing I asked him is due the Neptunes really got a cockass fan because I thought it was all line you know, run last around the English channel. Nettunes got a Coga spank.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, the niggas had a cops.
Speaker 4: Crazy like I ain't got you say some ship like that, because back then we were laying guns to dogs, so we were saying back wilders and so if you listen to the lyric, I said, Neptunes, I got a cocko span you, meaning like I got the little due.
Speaker 1: But uh yo, do you.
Speaker 2: Realize that you were kind of like an influential your rhyme pattern kind of influenced Ghost Face, not ghost.
Speaker 1: Because he don't say any thing. Let's take a shower, take a shot.
Speaker 2: When Norman was one of the first niggas that would say ship, that don't mean no ship, said.
Speaker 7: Quitted that my life, say the ship, but there the colored felfy ropes to, like, what the fuck is that?
Speaker 1: Like, what are you talking? Norman? Was that nigga? Kick right? Norman? Was that nigga the congo span your ship? Oh come rord umberto? What's the fuck the Unberto like a Mexican you would say Spanish? When he said it didn't even make sense. I was like, That's what I'm saying. Yeah he was trying. Yeah, nobody would conrect me in the studio. I would always listen to him, like what the fuck is Normy talking about? But I got it. So then when I heard Ghosts, I was like, that's a lot of norri right.
Speaker 2: Gloria said, ridiculous ship on records, but it was flying.
Speaker 1: Ghost ship is flying.
Speaker 2: What my favorite ghost records is the Halla Halla, the nigga rhyme with the niggas still singing.
Speaker 1: On the records.
Speaker 8: The niggas like me, I'm coming you and this nigga's rum man. I'm like, yo, she didn't give a fuck was coming. All he did was come back in all.
Speaker 2: I was like, Oh, this niggas hell, That's that's hip hop for your ass.
Speaker 1: I put it together, put together, I put that together.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of right there. So road call, did you get y'all got that from the Baker Boy? Yes we did, and I asked my mission, shout out to the Baker Boys. Shout out to the Baker Boys all. Steve Smith problem wanted to jack the ship straight.
Speaker 1: He just told, you're gonna say, this is what the Baker Boys is doing.
Speaker 2: Listen to this, y'all should do this. I said, I'm not doing it until I talked to them.
Speaker 1: Now, the bigger boys is in l Let's. It wasn't there in San Francisco. L I went to l A for a summer of ninety two ninety three and I heard him doing that.
Speaker 2: They were doing the road call, so Steve gave it to us, right tape, listen to this, here's some work.
Speaker 1: In New York. I said, I'm not a bier nigga. It was against the law, especially back then, right. I said, let me call them, get him on the honorable man. Let me ask, and they was like, yeah, y'all got ahead to do it if you want to. I was like, okay, let me put a little spin on it. And the ship took off like crazy. I still got people that walk up to me and like was on the road called. I was like fifteen, like that ship was crazy. Shout yeah, man, shout out to them. Many left, Yeah, man was legend. They used to be used to play the trumpet. Mm hmm, what the fuck is the trumpet.
Speaker 2: That ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah, trump bone? He said, trump bone. That's a clarinet three three only three correct to be wrong? Oh yeah, how you correct me twice?
Speaker 2: Wrong?
Speaker 1: Wrong instrument? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I played the trumpet for along. I was in a funk band. B they I got Yeah, I love it presents a lot mixtape.
Speaker 1: But then I was playing the instrument.
Speaker 2: They I got pictures of me in Pink Span Dex boh Funk Ship, High Boots, Rick James Ship Confunction Ohio players, Like that's that was mine on Guns and Roses ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was on some Rick James.
Speaker 2: Ship, like for real, Like I'm still real cool friends with all of them. And that's with ed love and a mixed live mixtape band is just full circle for me.
Speaker 1: Three hundred and sixty degrees.
Speaker 2: I got two fantastic singers, uh carry Outs and and and my man shirt Wood.
Speaker 1: I got a full band, and I just do all arounds. I do all around. I do j I do fucking mind playing tricks on me.
Speaker 2: But it covers.
Speaker 1: We do cover.
Speaker 2: That's dope. We do covers and everybody just come out because it's it's it's for the people. I remember this music when the music was pure, when the music was was great. I do Nelly's ship. We do everything, man, we just have a good time. We sold out, we just came off the city Wanted Retort, sold out every city and we're just having a fucking good time man, just doing music. What is the newest MC right now?
Speaker 4: I'm talking about new under ten years that I listen to that that you at least like a song from them or something.
Speaker 1: Ship none.
Speaker 2: Under ten years because I fucked with j Cole and that young Lady three three D ninet. She's fucking dope to me, man, snow a leg ru she's a singer, right, n you know, No, because Young Thug been around for more than ten years, right.
Speaker 1: Ye, young dug?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the migos, I love them niggas. I was surprised the niggas knew who I was when I met him on TV raps jackets when I met him, no way. Yeah, it's like my uncles used to watch your He look at this ship like, I was shocked. They gave me so much love. Young Thug gave me a lot of fucking love.
Speaker 1: Really, Where was this? Where was this? That?
Speaker 2: In?
Speaker 1: Uh? In Atlanta? I met him atlant Atlanta. But yeah, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: The new new Okayli Chopper, the.
Speaker 1: Fucks with him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Complex left him off the list, and I'm with him. I'm with him yet Complex, y'all wild and Chopper but on my owner list maybe top five on the list of twenty in the twenties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not trash. No he's no, he's not at all, and he got a character too. I love you know that. You know what I love.
Speaker 4: You Know what I don't like about someth all new mcs is they give you them two three word answers when they're doing an interview. Because if I like your music, I actually want to like you as a person too, because I don't want to appreciate the bot. I'm not Ali Chopper. He's one of those guys that gives you a full interview.
Speaker 1: He talks straight to you. You tell he's you know what I mean? Whatever? Whatever? So damn I like Chop. I agree with you. How about no, No, you said that's it. I don't want to I don't want to say somebody that you say something crazy interview.
Speaker 2: It's not nothing disrespectful. I'm sixty one years old. The niggas don't make me like you know what I mean? What's my man name?
Speaker 1: Got locked up in Utah? Gonna be a young boy? I like him too?
Speaker 2: Is that under ten years he might be like like eight, ain't crazy as fun? Even nigga you need to talk to to call him the funk down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he needs a nb A young boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got a career if he learned not to react to everything a nigga say to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Females like I said, uh, wifey baby, she out of Atlanta. She's out of Atlanta. Uh three three D I said, And I like all, I like Megan, I like, you know, I love fucking Cardi Man, car Is the Brons.
Speaker 4: And I think is really say I feel like I feel like ed Love was a lot old person.
Speaker 1: I like a whole lot.
Speaker 2: I think she's really like if she just let herself go lyrically, it just really raped, wrapped away. I know she can wrap the way I heard her rap with Jamain first Ada, she could go with my nigga.
Speaker 1: She got, she got bolls A lot of what was signed the people. Yeah, Jamaine had on that on that not.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: The rap game, rap game, lot of dope, bro don't don't get it. Fucked up of a lot of them, don't. How about Ice Spice some Bronx niggas. New York. I'm a rerap New York, New York. We saw Laura London, Lady Lady London. Now she's sucking my nigga a boogie with the hoodies.
Speaker 2: Hey, boogie with a boogie with the hoodie.
Speaker 1: Is he's hot here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my man, DJ on my nine there used to be my DJ. Hey, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, always with the hoodies, DJ.
Speaker 1: My niggas out of here.
Speaker 2: That nigga had me introduce him and in Chicago and lollapaloozas. There's ninety thousand niggas out there. None of them niggas knew who I was. He said, this is uncle ed lover right now. Like after that was I was fucking Golden's make a boogie shout out, Oh my nine man, My Instagram went straight up.
Speaker 1: Niggas, little niggas that this niggas every book. I'm taking this shot.
Speaker 2: You got.
Speaker 1: Got that? Hey you put me on? I like what the young niggas put me on like that, son, And it's how many shots we took to see you know. So we're getting off. But but that pappy look at that. Yeah yeah, that pappy. That pappy is so smooth. Can I have some more place? Yes? Please?
Speaker 4: A little I got This is how I know. That's how I know you are O G O G. You got the battery pack extra ship.
Speaker 1: God damn right, I got yo. So the apples ship. They did you make that ship? Man? You gotta have that ship, right, So.
Speaker 2: We always gotta talk about the come on. So now I said, I want to go do this before we get to come on son. I said that when I do drink chances, I'm just smoking a cigar. May I part take on one of them blunt? Now I must wan you what ash hash? Old school hashn't smoke?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, none of you straight from blood, straight straight all joint a joint.
Speaker 1: Give me something old school no hash, no no hash. Give me some straight weeds.
Speaker 4: You remember you remember straight human hash back that it's weed. But the black weeds, the black yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, cocaine.
Speaker 2: Give me straight, give me straight.
Speaker 1: You want to blood or you want to joint? I want what? What is it like?
Speaker 2: Like the walk came, they got papers, they got papers, old Give me to give you my old school nigga.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I separate my weed on the album.
Speaker 2: Couple of niggas like I smoked with the seeds niggasig.
Speaker 1: So, So what's what's what's doctor Dre status? Right now?
Speaker 2: Doctor Dre is recovering diabetes. Fucked him up real bad. But we're getting Dre together and It's probably very few people on this earth that I love more than Drake. So as long as I'm right, Dre is going to be right, you know, and he's my partner, man, And you know what, you know, you go through You went through your ship with Capone.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Pone's a crazy nigga and I spoke Pone, But uh, you're gonna love your people no matter what. Dre is my dude. He's always going to be my dude. And when you get healthy, we got a lot of ship that we got on the table that we're gonna do together because that's my guy.
Speaker 1: That's just what it is, and nothing else about it. We get.
Speaker 2: We don't have to talk to each other every day or every week, but when we're on that phone, it's like we just caught back up like a doctor or some ship like that. Like Drake, you know, said ship, this hippopship been good to us.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I got kids with master's degrees on fresh That's right. I ain't got a master degree.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? He said, the NFL helped pay for some of the master Absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They tried to steal my ship, bro, They tried. They try to steal again.
Speaker 2: They come on, son, Okay, come on, I say, come on son, before they did come on man, the same ship and you see it, they right at the same So I was like, yeah, Keshan, you know what you did. So you tried to come at me and was like, now I've seen him. I was like, yo, bro, you know that's my ship. Nah I did now. I was like, bro, I got my hit on YouTube way before y'all started this ship. So segment that he started doing, he started off of come on son, okay, yes, and we sent them a seaze and desist and I was like, fun, damn, I wanna take my grandkids to Disney World like, and they just they came right or to a football game.
Speaker 1: They came because you might have kicked out of I might have kids everything and.
Speaker 2: Football Giants games. You settled, Yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 1: They might have put you out of what's that ship tail game? That's crazy? How much? Yes, yes, Disney everything, Disney owners and you had to you.
Speaker 2: Had to contact him, but they yeah, but it was my ship, not on the trademark, so they can't fight that, and you just fight for your own ship.
Speaker 1: Man. Let's talk about the original. Well, how did you come up and come on son.
Speaker 5: This is l.
Speaker 2: G Z and Drama had a beef. Okay, j Z had his company and he hired Drama to DJ. Drama knew that he had beef with Gucci, and at the party, Drama dropped some Gucci ship and Jez went fucking ballistics.
Speaker 1: So there was beefing and I was like, but.
Speaker 2: The nigga, the nigga Gucci was hot, Like how can you not play Gucci ship at the party? Is?
Speaker 1: I was like, come on, son, you know, come on son is something we always said to York.
Speaker 2: But it's like son.
Speaker 1: You know niggas that don't understand why we say son so much.
Speaker 2: We just say son. Well understand that we understand it. I know we understand, But it was come on, son. It was what I wanted to say. So I shot a video for it, and I didn't have I couldn't. Kyron KYIRN is the way MTV us to put our names on the bottom of the screen. It's called kyron, and I had that little white map, the first one. I didn't know how to do that shit. I don't think there was a way to do it. So I held up a piece of cardboard. I just moved to my house. I ripped a piece of cardboard off and rolled in Magic Marca. It's just like that.
Speaker 1: Let me get that ship. Come on.
Speaker 2: We paid.
Speaker 9: And I was talking ship and I was like, right, FuG got it, fifty had this is fifty dot com.
Speaker 2: So my nigga uh was over there and I sent the ship to him and he posted it and the ship got like sixty thousand, this is fifty do on they my ship and the ship went crazy. But I read the comments and niggas was thising me crazy. Fuck that old nigga. He don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: And my nigga said, come on, son, you know my nigga.
Speaker 2: My nigga said, they watched it, right, that's all that matters is they watched it.
Speaker 1: Do another one.
Speaker 2: And that was the beginning to fucking come on son, And now was come on.
Speaker 1: So the podcast all right, so let me.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna point out to certain people in the room, and you tell me if I'm telling the truth or not. And by the way, you're telling me if you are, you're telling the truth. But the time is with the sign that's going okay.
Speaker 1: He eats the most Jamaican food in the whole place. The guy with the red hat gus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that look that nigga looked like he eat think nigga was something everything you're making that nigga eat a beef patty. Okay, well I fail going it? Yeah, you don't thank you guy, any of them?
Speaker 1: What this guy.
Speaker 4: He's listen, listen, listen. He's pescatarian. Do you believe him or that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I have to rack before I came over. I christ in front of y'all. The nigga something niggas going.
Speaker 2: To Mcdowne's the way shortly finished.
Speaker 1: You're going to McDonalds. You yeah, because mister mister Lee, stand up, mister stando, stand up. You heard him.
Speaker 4: He said that he learned English through music. Do you think he learned English through music or selling crack up town?
Speaker 2: I never learned English.
Speaker 1: This nigga got an uncle that work on Dykeman right now. They got.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: So that's what still said.
Speaker 4: All right, this is my friend Diego, Diego, get up. He's on maternity League right now. Okay, Sonny sonny d He's he's the only Haitian that webs Haiti but never been to Haiti.
Speaker 1: On that about it that ship. I think, wait here, he ain't a cloud. All right, this is our director. His name is i Rast.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to be a vegan, but Sonny the godrom Haiti caught him with a shrimp pizza one.
Speaker 1: Do you think he really make vegan?
Speaker 2: He ain't no funigg just as much vegan as.
Speaker 1: My fucking not alcohol with drinking ship the funk out of here ship. Vegans don't smoke weeds, Get the fun out ship.
Speaker 2: I wasn't read that make you a little more Haitian than Nigga little I got stumped up for why cleft?
Speaker 1: What did you talking about it?
Speaker 2: He's a thinking from veganism. I wasn't ready, man, there's a round table of bullshit going over there. Maternity leave.
Speaker 1: I before.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's rewind the last I think it had been the last episode good Weed. I knew it was gonna be good, Yes, fantastic, the last episode of Young t Reps when you had everybody there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, last. I know you probably talked about some million times, but can you just describe what that meant to you?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: But for me, it came together.
Speaker 2: Actually defens for me, it was after it was years after because you don't you'll know the shit when you're in there in the moment, right at the moment, right, you don't realize that this shit is like the most epic shit. It was sad for me because I knew it was the last episode and I didn't want it to be. I wanted to do at least ten years of your on TV rap and they're like, it's the last episode.
Speaker 1: Charlie. Our manager knew. He's like, they're going into That's the reason why.
Speaker 2: I took the Hot ninety seven job, because he had already forecasted that they was about to get rid of your on TV raps because they're playing more hip hop and mainstream in the mainstream regular time, right. So he's like, well, if they're gonna start doing that, what's going to be special about your on TV raps? So he's like, take this radio job, and you know, he told me what how the stern was making. I was like, shit, I can make almost close to that. Let's make something happen. So it was a bittersweet for me, But at the time I didn't realize that many people were in the room. I once heard Search tell a story about his beef and hammer and Hammer was there and apparently ran up on hand or some ship.
Speaker 1: I was like, if it did happen, I don't know. Did he did talk about that here?
Speaker 2: I don't remember him talking about it.
Speaker 1: But everybody was there, Like everybody that was on the East Coast at that time was there.
Speaker 2: So it was it was kind of like a bittersweet moment for me. But looking back on it, I didn't realize how epic it was going to be.
Speaker 1: And it was really an organic like we'll call the people like it was.
Speaker 2: Like, Yo, we're doing the last show you on TV rats. Anybody want to come come And it was just like our idea that like you know, Fab said, we got all these m season here, let's do a cipher Yeah, and was just and if you look at it, that's what ra City. He'll try to duplicate on the last episode as well, and that was dope too, but always.
Speaker 1: Still a Rap City got that like the freestyle segment over the last episode of Yom TV RAPS, I.
Speaker 2: Would think, I love taking is a great friend of mine. But I always say that the difference was Rap City was a national show. We were an international show. We were all over the world, you know, like Lee's saying, as he tells everybody that come in here, he learned to speak English from them. A lot of people tell me actually that, yo, I watched your TV raps at four a m.
Speaker 1: And Nigeria.
Speaker 5: That's how I learned to speaking Was it because of the actual syndication? Was actually those country.
Speaker 1: TV was all over the world.
Speaker 2: It wasn't all over the world right before the merger, before before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back then we were all over.
Speaker 2: I remember Dream and I going to Japan and we get off the plane in fifteen thousand Japanese out there waiting for us that don't speak a spec of English or they watch us like every fucking day comes pushing you got in Japan?
Speaker 1: My share amount what Luke said here, this is yo yo. They don't even speak English, thinking when the fuck?
Speaker 2: It's just like.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know how you fuck somebody that can't speak English, Like how you do that? What did you say?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what to say? Like she's got nigga got into bed. I guess me fucking he said, I guess And there was no car doing now now, got you bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You fucked up ship like that? What did Willy Nelson say, he said, you know much Connors, cause back then he said who he said, he didn't know.
Speaker 2: You know, that's the only nigga Snoop taking out smoking. Yeah, Willie Nelson, Yeah, he said, Willie Nelson is the only nigga that can out smoke. He said they had the bomb, they had gas mask and all kind. I think he breathes weed.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: He said, I'm passing ship. He passing me, Shiitty, can't I smoke that? I can't smoke with Snoop either. Snoop is a ridiculous smoke.
Speaker 4: Oh he's one time smoked. Yeah when actually in New York. Yeah, really it's documented. Yeah he stopped its all right, buddy, Them.
Speaker 2: Thinkings don't know how to stop smoking. This is the only way that I'm going to smoke all day. But normally don't have no lip here. I got no chill button.
Speaker 1: No, no, don't no, I ain't gonna lie. I don't have no chill button.
Speaker 4: When I'm in front of person like you, my dude, I've been with more so I've been so happy to give you your flowers to make sure that you understand how ill you are to this community. Our show is about you know, when people get ten years or twenty years in this game, people want.
Speaker 1: To write them off and tell them they old and they old school. That's not what this show is about. This show is about giving your flowers while you alive. You bro, I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: You like I said it, I said it earlier. You made doing black media cool. Yeah, there's people that was doing black media maybe before you and Dre and there was people doing black media, maybe in a different way, but no one did it in the style of the hood.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Saying like even when I look at you know, cameon shows right now and I love that show. I love it, but they're doing it in that.
Speaker 4: Style, meaning like they're being there, being the barbershop with the song, right, they be themselves And that's what you were. The first people that was being themselves looking like us, even when you walk karate outfits and you know what I'm saying, and no shirts, but she was being like us, looking like us.
Speaker 1: Real quick you that.
Speaker 2: But humor is really.
Speaker 1: Stand you had no shirt on the concernile cameouf no, but for real, like, you know, we were so happy to come home. Even when I did the print ad for lux you were still loving me? Whatever? What the the print ad for lugo nasty work flex you flex.
Speaker 2: Le. I never bought into lugs.
Speaker 1: I took the check. I took the check. Sure, I took the check. Should you didn't let take it? Did you ever wear lugs in public without the She was nasty too.
Speaker 2: Quickly went back to TA. They made your feet hurt immediately.
Speaker 1: Like because what was love supposed to be Tim's competition?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were trying to get into that market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just trying to get in that market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that market was huge and TIMS didn't even understand that market at the.
Speaker 5: Time because they didn't originally come in for hip hop. No, we just we make everything.
Speaker 4: And Tim said, oh ship looks they sent us the lug ad immediately look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I told you that's a nasty nigg that don't show that show that discussing. I loved stupid right there, un But it's good to admit that you did some dumb shap for the check though.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Olsen that we just found up the Mars open in February nineteen.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety nine. That was when probably right around the time after that, that my man signed to the next Litt Trust's Free web the three before we had to poll before he choke PJ call. That went on, the next, that went on, the next, different, different squad, and that's when I met fucking Kanye West for the first time. That's dope.
Speaker 1: Look, geez, I need another drink. I got, I got one more left in. I have not touched this basil hating and that's the damn problem. Drink that to take this? What you still got?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Take that? I mean with you? Yeah, we still got pappy when I'm drinking. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. We bring back to old school, said relaxed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know. She don't we drink it all? No, yes, no, no no, We're gonna let you. Just being that you order this. I wanted to impress you as my friend, well, thank you, my brother. I wanted to let you know how much you mean to me. And that's what I said. I love making sure are people taking people drink orders. And when you said American whiskey, I was like, Yo, I got to bring out this pappy and I bring out the twelve year.
Speaker 2: That pappy is special, bro, especially I know about everybody all, all, all my fans back home. That's gonna watch this. It's gonna watch and watch me drink this pappy and be jealous. Yes, my wife is going to be like smoking weed. You really don't smoke weed like that?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm a drink champ, babe, damn right the big time. Hey, yes and so, but this is why I.
Speaker 2: Saw y'all niggas in Atlanta. When I do, I stepped here and saying, what the fun? You're not gonna be on drink chain, my nigga, and I'm min we already stepped to you.
Speaker 1: So but hold on. This is how I know you're a real cigar smoker. You bring your own cigars.
Speaker 4: See when you made the drink order, I would expect you to say, hiss my cigars. But this see real cigar motherfuckers to smoke their own cigars.
Speaker 2: Right, because y'all might fuck my cigar order, just leave a Master Blend number three, no, number two, and number one. We're fucking amazing. So when I saw this, I was like, I gotta get the Master Blend out here.
Speaker 1: I got this.
Speaker 2: I brought these frimps from Atlanta. Oh wow, wow, Yeah, absolutely. I just didn't have the torch because niggas take your torch the air point and I didn't check no bags, so they wasn't gonna let me bring my torch on.
Speaker 1: So your man was kind enough to go get me a torch.
Speaker 2: Because if I had have lit this ship with a big lighter like you got right there, the niggas would have told me, oh my god, my stogies on the rocks crew, they would have killed me.
Speaker 1: I would have been banned. I should have been on punishment on the rocks crew.
Speaker 2: There's a social club in New York, community of I have my community like fellowship, siray. Those are the places Cigar City Club. I smoked there. I smoked at Life and times. I smoke Patio two patios. Yeah, I smoke all over the place. And they know it's against the rules to light a cigar with a big lighter.
Speaker 1: It's against the rules. It's not a gas lighter because it's not fast enough. It's not a gas. Look, we learned something to bullshit. It's good for this.
Speaker 2: You can get with this, you can get with that.
Speaker 1: With that. Hast been good to you. Atlanta's wonderful to me. So I heard you got over the sports job.
Speaker 2: I got offered the sports job on ninety two to nine the Game, but then they decided that they didn't want to hire outside of what they already had. And that's part of audisty too. But sports is something that I'm really into that I really love. I've been a sports fact. I'm a New York Giants fan unfortunately, but.
Speaker 1: I'm a sports guy.
Speaker 2: I like sports, and I think at the time what they needed was somebody that can give you sports in a layman's term, like I talked directly to people that watch sports the way I watch sports that talk about politics, the way I do that talk to people the way you talking to me right, the way you guys embrace me and talk to me.
Speaker 1: That's how I talk to people.
Speaker 2: I don't give them the well the right God pulled this way have to people bodies, right, I don't do the technicality. That's for dudes that played the game, and I respect the shit out of them too. But I just liked sports.
Speaker 4: But being that, you said, Jamie Fox broung Oprah to your show. Yeah, Jamie Fox is now viral whoa which is.
Speaker 2: Ship with Jerry Jones talking about niggas dicks Paulus on that.
Speaker 7: What the fuck was he that? Did we have to bring this dream hats? No, that was like a slave thing to me, like I thought slavery. It's real SHAMEI turned that ship off right when he said he's this tall, this amount of weight.
Speaker 2: His hands are this big and he got an eight and a half inches nine inch cock.
Speaker 1: I was like, how the fuck do you know that? Yo? And that's the first thing I say, yo, yo, oh, No, come on, sign how you know that? So I give me that? Give the fuck hey, Jerry Jones, come on.
Speaker 2: Phone, crazy ship. You can't buy baby oil no more. I can't buy no baby oil, nigga. This is what I want to say about that real quick, because Diddy is my nigga, right, I want to tell everybody that there's a difference between did he parties and did he freak off party? I've been to a thousand Diddy parties that did not turn into freak off parties. Maybe I wasn't famous enough to be invited to them shits, I don't know, but those parties were not the parties that I went to. And amen, goddamn right, That's all I want to say about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know, amen. I ain't never been in the freaking up party to either, but I've been with my wife, so maybe.
Speaker 2: But I didn't see it. I didn't see it personally. And when the Feds get you, as you know we saw it where murder inc. They want to milk your bank account till you ain't got shit left. The Feds don't lose nigga. They come only niggas I ever know that beat the Feds for fucking irving him. They come when they come in barely, huh and barely and barely. They don't come until they got some real shit on you, right, So they putting puffing the trick bag right now because of the.
Speaker 1: Way they defined sexual trafficking.
Speaker 2: But now was a teenager. We went to the whole straw. We went to Hunts Point. We was talking a bit in Queens Yeah, yeah, in the Bristol hotel that l around about the holes used to be there Park Avenue South before they cleaned that.
Speaker 1: Up in the loose right now, he's like, Louke, No, but I got but let's be fair. Hugh Hefner had freak offs absolutely like this. He had a grotto that was made for sex.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Like, I mean, I didn't funk when I went to the grotto, but you went to the grotto. I've been to, let's hear about it. Yeah, I've been there, but I ain't. None happened because you as old as fuck. I don't even think the nigga knew who I was.
Speaker 1: I was there.
Speaker 2: I was just sitting there, like, oh, this is the grotto. But it's different.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, the spokes a weed do something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's different because of the way they view where the laws all?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Now right, because we all seen the movie Taken. We love the movie Taking with Lee and Neeson, right, they snatching women off the streets.
Speaker 1: It's the movement of people. It's the movement of people that's the problem. Difference, it's the movement of It's the movement.
Speaker 2: We're not defying it.
Speaker 1: That's no, it's true. It's the moment. It's the movement of the people.
Speaker 2: Once you move them across straight state lines and paying them for sex, they call that traffic.
Speaker 1: Key.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and with all due respect, we are not qualified to talk about this on drink chance and saying we shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Because I ain't sex traving nobody. We're celebrating his legacy.
Speaker 2: Were hefn nor? You don't want to know the craziest ship. My mother is eighty six years old. So the shit came out. My mother called me baby. I'll say, hey, man, are.
Speaker 1: You on the freak freak tape? I'm like, I said, no, let me tell you why she say that.
Speaker 2: She's said, because I standing in the church is real good right now, and I don't want I wasn't messing. Yeah, I said, it's called the freak alls And no I'm not on none of them tape.
Speaker 4: But that's that's a beautiful thing that you you because I remember you saying when you was in l A after Big died, that was one of the people who called you a second la was your mom was my mother and say, no matter how, you have to get out of there and get out of there because the vitriol on Big was disgusting.
Speaker 1: On the radio, it was disgusting. Yes, when he died, Yes, they were going crazy.
Speaker 2: Uh, poet is who's a radio personality?
Speaker 1: I love? She was on the radio.
Speaker 2: She openly took calls and the disrespectful Big people she didn't respect. She didn't disrespect Big. She was sad and say we lost one of the greatest. And the vitrioll that came in, the disgusting words that they said. But let me about big made me feel like I need to get out of here, right could she.
Speaker 4: Had because she had edited that part or at that time live radio and live radio.
Speaker 1: It was live radio, so so when they took calls, you couldn't edit that no time. Okay.
Speaker 2: If she would have recorded him, she could, Okay. I don't think she wouldn't let it go. And it was just like his fat ass ain't had no bisness. You know, we didn't like him. After Park died, good good for him his family like it was.
Speaker 1: It was crazy, bro, and he's playing it a live radio. Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: And I heard you also say, contrary to popular belief, Pop died, New York was showing them nothing but.
Speaker 2: Crazy love, you know nods. Our homeboy allowed me to step on his stage stage and Nash college him and announced that everybody that that pocket passed away and he had be for Pop and he allowed me to do it.
Speaker 1: I told him because I heard Angie say it.
Speaker 2: I was on my way to the concert and Angie said, Park just died, and uh, I set the nods. I remember he had on the red leather. Another nigga had no shirt on it any time, but that's noth I go at him too. So the nigga had on the farmer's joint leather joint, red joint. I say, yo, Pop died, Man, I think you need to tell everybody. He said, I can't do that. Here, give me the mic, so go tell everybody. Pop passed and we did a moment of silence for Pop. But in La nigga went big did They didn't give a fuck?
Speaker 5: Can I play Devil's advocate for a second. Yeah, And I know it's not the same thing, but couldn't it be said that the same thing happened in New York when the Dog Pound and Snoop were filming the video.
Speaker 1: Died and people but you're correct, you correct, people were shooting. Yeah, but said, hey, why would you? He said, why?
Speaker 2: A lot of these niggas will come in and that be the similar. It's very similar. But nobody died.
Speaker 1: We lost toward the greatest one when somebody nobody.
Speaker 4: In fact, first of the shooting shootings didn't occur until Atlanta.
Speaker 1: That shooting that happened. What do you mean with shoot and puff. No, No, people got shot. People were shooting in New York.
Speaker 2: But that ship nationally when sugar Man got killed. When sugar Man got killed, I can't say I was dancing. I don't know, but allegedly by Wolf was what sparked the whole ship. It was never East Coast West Coast bad Boy. I think everybody hip hop knew. It was a lot of dumb niggas out here that don't know that.
Speaker 1: Really was in the culture knew. It was never East Coast, West Coast.
Speaker 2: It was this time because came Q came to New York and did Americans most warning. So how do what the fuck was we hating on? The Boss Squad produces out right.
Speaker 1: The most New York shit ever, made, the most epic public in coast out Yeah. Ever, that was my dad called him to the public talking about yeah yeah. But we we didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't.
Speaker 1: We never disliked.
Speaker 2: We embraced and loved West Coast music, even though sometimes we were so full of ourselves that we couldn't understand what was coming from the south and the and the West in the.
Speaker 1: West and south east right right, But we embraced it. When we got it. Sometimes it takes people a longer time to get it. Do you think we talk about it here often? And you know what, I hear a story that you said that one time, that not one time, but this time particular. It is a wonderful week, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yes, that when I believe Big died, and I believe on a Saturday, and you couldn't leave to a Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you had to get out of town.
Speaker 4: So when you finally got your car service, I laid said you laid down, bro, you laid.
Speaker 1: That's how it shook. I was.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie. Ain't no such things as halfway crooks. This thigga was a shook nigga. I'm yeah, I'm on the West coast. You said that, Yeah, I'm on the West Coast. And when my car finally came and got me that morning to take me to the airport, hood on on pull tight you know, robbery, hood get a stick a nigga, And I laid down on the back seat till we got to the airport, until I got in the terminal actually to my gate is when I took the hood off. Wow, because I was that scared, because we didn't know where it.
Speaker 1: Came from, and you didn't know if it was for everybody right right, like they.
Speaker 2: Could just were like were killing every East Coast nigga.
Speaker 1: I'm out here. I gotta get home.
Speaker 4: My mom was like, they're wanting to kill the minus out. I want to sign that because I wasn't there at all. I wasn't there the source of I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't come out till till ninety seven, ninety eight. I believe Big died ninety five ninety seven, right, So I wasn't lit. So I definitely had no budget to go out there. You know what I'm saying, Like that's very simple, real nigga shit. And but I remember like actually having a budget afterwards, and I remember me not having a choice.
Speaker 1: But I land in LA.
Speaker 4: They had security for me, and I, you know, I was like, you know, like a hood nigga at that time, like I don't need security. And they had like almost insurance policies on almost every artist after Big and Pop. I don't want to ever say that's Paris theory. I want to say that's our culture who led that to that?
Speaker 1: But what what if? What if?
Speaker 2: What if? What if I'm naive.
Speaker 1: And what if that was? Do you think there ever was conspiracy theories for I think.
Speaker 2: It's unfortunately not conspiracy coincidence. I think that it became so big that it got out of their hands.
Speaker 1: That's deep. That's what I think.
Speaker 2: I think once Park died, I think it was on even.
Speaker 1: Though even though people know that Big didn't have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they still know they be.
Speaker 1: For so bid.
Speaker 2: It was so bad, Yes, you know, hit them up and all that and record and who shot you added to it, which wasn't really at Park dumb before Pocket it shouldn't have been put out and who they said, I'll put that shut out?
Speaker 1: It shouldn't have been really know that. We had a debate with I think Tony.
Speaker 2: We debated.
Speaker 1: I said no because as a child, YEA, the most loyal nigga.
Speaker 2: The most loyal.
Speaker 1: I had that record who shot you? Before that? That like, before they really released it. I'm saying it was before anybody passed thinking FN played that ship, didn't he Yeah, what I'm saying before it didn't relate to that when I played it.
Speaker 4: I'm saying you when you had it, you didn't relate it to to the to the pokh because the pro didn't happen.
Speaker 1: It was like, did we get white labels, We'll get like press you know, like test pressings. And I was on Pyate radio and I'm playing yeah. But but when it went went like on radio commercial.
Speaker 5: Radio and everybody was relating it to the shootings, I'm like, nah, bro, like that's not what.
Speaker 2: It was, right. But I look like that to the general public, the general public, and I think that was a huge mistake. You could have held that back and then god damn. I still don't like to hear hit them out. It still bothers me. Yeah, I'm nowhere it was and I know why he did it, but it's still it's still fuck with me, bro, And it's.
Speaker 5: Crazy how big it's such as a huge it's an ill record though, but it's an ill if you wanted to just out of context, like I mean, as a as a hip hop historian, look at a battle record.
Speaker 2: It's one of the greatest ones up there with no vassal.
Speaker 1: Vassilion up there with they not like uh the bridges over, bridges over Hey man, it's up there.
Speaker 2: It's up there.
Speaker 1: Man, you left right you want. I don't give bridge Over was just a queen.
Speaker 2: We can't know what I realized about the bridges Over. I looked at krass ones age. There's no way he would have knew this ship he was talking about. He was fourteen. Wait, wait when he did the bridges Over? No, think about what the times he's talking about the hip hop to look as wise as seems, I didn't hear a peep from a place called Queens.
Speaker 1: You were fourteen, You wouldn't have heard it.
Speaker 2: Are you saying we still got a case? Yes? Weday, all right, cool?
Speaker 1: This is like murder. This is like murder.
Speaker 4: We can bring this back up, bringing charge back up, bringing charges back up.
Speaker 1: Cares We're not We're not taking it, taking that ship from your empty. Shan is the judge. We got em.
Speaker 2: Shann makes a lot of sense. She shan't makes a lot of sales ever before.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fucking love Shance, one of my super he's a super legend.
Speaker 1: But when when he was trying to funk with LLL at that time too and cars brought that out. But yeah, you need to take your man with ll You need to take your man off the crack. Oh, my god, damn smoking crack back then. Yeah, but Shampan thought about it. Yeah, he didn't say he was smoking crack. I mean, I don't know about that part, but he thought us about his addictions.
Speaker 2: Like I love chanting man should up to empty shand real quick, because I want to go back to something you've talked about on Drink Champs in relation to Biggie and everything that happened when you and and Mob Deep did the record l A l A. That what Biggie told you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went straight to the tunnel.
Speaker 4: We did it because I mean, obviously we weren't on, so that was like the way to get on, like to like, you know, New York. This is right after the New York York. The only rebuttal from it was a friend of of my hood. His name is Chaz, and he brung me up. He was on the DJ list that was called and long story short, we went in there. We just did a response. We never really like dissed them back.
Speaker 1: The only person that like related to l A was the Prodigy said JFK on our Way to LA And that was the only part the whole record that kind of seemed like it. But I stepped in big. I don't remember if it's that night or whatever night, but I still the big was like, yo, we went back at him for you. You know what I mean? L A l A he was because remember it was bad Boy mixtape. Remember had.
Speaker 4: Clue had one first was ironically being from Queens. He didn't, he didn't shout to do he didn't. He didn't, he didn't, he didn't put us on on the record. So stressed Armstrong did big of a stressed Armstrong and big up the barbeto. But although this is a stressed Armstrong move by itself, and I remember stepping the big and big like nah, he was so smart. He was like, nah, we can't use that on the Bad Boy mixtape. We won't use l A l A.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 4: You were spawning to them because what he's accusing me of how they do? And I had at that time, I was so naive and young. I was like, what's wrong with them?
Speaker 1: I'm represented for you, And years later come to find out like, like what he said to me at that very moment was real, Like I had, I got nothing to do with it. He's accusing me of right, how does that make?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Was big?
Speaker 2: That was a big path on the whole ship, on the whole ship. It's like what he's saying, I love this dude, Like this is my guy. He always took the higher road on that. Like I have heard stories that Big went back into the studio and took Pop's gun out of the piano.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard that. I don't know if it's true. But he put in his pants, we walked out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was him, but he sent somebody or him.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They have a catch charge.
Speaker 2: I catch the gun chok. But Big, so I'm like, why would you do that? If you had something to do with it? And I think I know for a fact. Big was very hurt Bond. He's expressed in the interviews like I'm fucking hurt, like I love his dude like it. This got out of hand man, and sometimes ship beef like that happens. It just gets on the hand. Niggas gasing you up, You gasting yourself up.
Speaker 1: It's nasty. Nobody wants to back down. Nobody wants to back down.
Speaker 2: And they were both Gemini and God blessed the Vibe and my sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get them both. Yeah, you get it. God bless the Vibe magazine, But the Vibe magazine they put their fuel on that fucked everything up, everything up everything. The media exacerbated that situation absolutely.
Speaker 2: They exacerbated to the point of no return, And the point of no return was that we lost two of the greatest artists that we have ever had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it sounds like so like very like crazy, but we can't really blame anybody who covered that in that way at that time because we didn't understand that that was the end result.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how can we not blame.
Speaker 4: Them because there was no other example of that, like you know, like like if right now, like fucking Kareem and Draine play Skelly and then one of them have to jump in the pool afterwards.
Speaker 1: That's the first example of that. You know, I'm using that because that's very I don't get it. But go.
Speaker 4: If it goes iral, yeah, yeah, which was what which I was doing back then.
Speaker 1: They made it go viral, but that was viral. This is my thing though, I think all of us looked at the Vibe and we were all young people at the time, and we looked at the article and we all were like, no, that's a little bit that they're reaching, they're reaching. They did reach, they're reaching. I think all of us as young people. And honestly, it was dis records before the really but no, but no disrecords led to death at that time. That's the reason why I like, I do blame them, but I don't. I don't blame them because there was no example of that now, any publication that made coverage of that and and led to that.
Speaker 2: Like right now, when I'm looking.
Speaker 4: At you know, all these cases because it's fucking mad cases and hip hop, Like you can look the cases in hip hop in Atlanta too.
Speaker 1: They're getting locked up. Yeah, we got to start asking ourselves real questions.
Speaker 5: How much has hip hop made excuses for ship for ship that's gonna get us all fucked up?
Speaker 1: How much has hip hop helped or hurt the black community. It's helped a lot.
Speaker 4: We helped help more, but the emphasis was on how we hurt, right, But we helped way more help. The MX said something, he said, he don't dis whack rappers no more because one rap, one rapper period saved sixteen families. And I believe that one rapper, whether you whack or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all had the nigga young on here. He gave the best description of d MX I ever heard him.
Speaker 1: Young was ill bro. He was the best queens too from Queen. But he don't claim us at all. You don't claim us. No, no, no, he claimed La. No no, he claim queens bro relaxed. Don't tell me that. We asked from Quick John's line. He don't know what he said, is he because he made his chops in La. He did, That's what he That's why he claims La the way he does. He's a queen's inga. He said it, Yo, come on so but but but he went, if you don't came Queen's nigga.
Speaker 5: This is it?
Speaker 1: But is it? He went back to Cali and he never came back. Yeah he didn't. Yeah, you know he made his bones and Cali he did. He made He was on the West Coast all stars like he's on the.
Speaker 2: West Coast more than he was in New York. With that, he's not wrong with that. But he did say something about X and XS rom style. And I've told people this a million times, extra ram any fucking thing, and it would have sounded dope because of his voice. It's a lot of people that could do that. Yeah, yeah, Excell could have did. Mary had a little Lamb and the ship would have been ill.
Speaker 1: He did, He did, had.
Speaker 2: Married Lamb, and the Lamb of fact, I love the Lamb loved me because I'm d.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, that nigga was ill. The whole dark communities a word. I told people on top.
Speaker 2: You can put d MX on any fucking record, any record, country music, and the ship was still bad. You can put Dolly parton nine to five working nine to five. Well, the way to make a lead. See that ship is crazy. So X go with everything.
Speaker 1: That's just saying that everything go everything.
Speaker 2: And then Swiss told me the nigga didn't want to do Party Out. Swiss told me that, Wow, that nigga hated Party Up. Rough Riders Anthem was Swiss's first. He didn't want to He didn't want to do that record, and that records the creator, the Illis Records, ever.
Speaker 1: Son Swiss second placements, Badfoot TV. We continue bad TV.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah we already heard how you fucked that up because he said, wung it up.
Speaker 1: He said he wanted to make a beat and you didn't let him make a.
Speaker 4: Beat because that was like he gave him a loop. That record was what you want me to That's one of the greatest part records.
Speaker 2: Didn't you say that?
Speaker 1: List a hundred another drink hold not even know I wanted to drinks. It's a nigga record. It's not a girl record. The girls don't love band from look at the DJ and you No, yes, yeah, nigga.
Speaker 2: Normous said I'm never making a record with you, even if your woman fun the whole crew. I was like, he's aspect Yeah, I was thinking, but then he still did it.
Speaker 1: No, never intersectional, like he said, I'm gonna put I'm like, I'm like, who is this nigga? Come on, come on. I didn't expect it. I expect the gambling shoot out to the backyard house.
Speaker 2: You need to have shoot out in the background.
Speaker 1: Ironically, it's really that I see him word that. I promise you. They got pictures and everything that proved. I say, you remember this. It was a little little yeah. Yeah, it was a cookout. Yeah yeah, just smelled good. Yeah. This is not I was not seen at that time exactly. It was I think, like ten, oh, I see you have to remember something. No, No, West Irish and West remembering something because.
Speaker 4: You're twenty four now, so this gotta be yeah, this gotta be yeah, because it's gotta be eight years.
Speaker 1: By the way, I got to flip coming.
Speaker 2: I got the flicks because if not seen was twenty four, he was one and she's twenty five.
Speaker 1: So let me just tell you something.
Speaker 4: Here's here's here's after this happened because Daddy came to my crib that level.
Speaker 1: It's like the only one time because I was coming to your crib. Yeah, hold on, look, so this the only time Chris he came to my crib. And then joh U was there and he's managing joh Ru at the time. I don't believe he's managing fifty at the time. He wasn't.
Speaker 2: Next week he started managing fifty knowing that was the yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he bought his bread bread and then fifty dropped the freestyle.
Speaker 1: He said I know where no he lived, you live by Norri crib. I said, oh s moved, Yeah, there he got. He thought it was me that y'ah moved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was getting that like that j Long money right and the writing he did on Mary right.
Speaker 1: He made a lot of level right.
Speaker 4: And then fifty made a freestyle. I know where Norri lived, Yo? You live by Norri krib How.
Speaker 1: Does the manager managed that? That's what I want to know, Chris managed. It makes a noise for Chris like you got that hold on.
Speaker 4: These niggas got an ice cream section, yo, yo yo, This nigga league got an ice cream section? Coldly is I ain't gonna lie he taking he's taking a bathroom break.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna. I'm enjoyed this, pappy me too. Brother, Thank you, brother, yes, yes, thank you, because I got listen. Listen you.
Speaker 4: You being my olgi from Queens is one thing. Being my og and hip hop is another thing. You being my og overall is everything absolutely and you my friend too.
Speaker 1: I fuck with you.
Speaker 2: You ain't never changed on me, and.
Speaker 1: You never changed on me. Bro.
Speaker 2: You know what when I saw you outside of of the fucking rock the bell ship and was like you good, I was like, that's my nigga right there, Like the nigga was like are you good? You had a thousand niggas with you? Yes, I did, and I'm still worried about what I'm good. And then I came he y'all there gave me.
Speaker 1: A ball you.
Speaker 4: Goddamn do you want another one? Yeah, go ahead, because because for real, like nah, that's for real ship.
Speaker 1: And let me say this before the same thing.
Speaker 2: I am so fucking proud of you, thank you, because you've pivoted it. Yes, right, and you made something that everybody is following. You Gotta realize everything you're doing right now is what everybody else is trying to do right now, but they can't do it the way you do it. Because when I watch you, I mean, like this nigga, noway did this? Like this nigga actually did homework, Like you're not just asking niggas regular ship.
Speaker 1: You bring up ship niggas be like, how the fuck you know that?
Speaker 2: Because y'all are doing your homework, man, and that's why y'all deserve what y'all getting, and that's why y'all a number more motherfucking podcast.
Speaker 1: Like goddamn, not to say, I ain't coming for your ass. You know what I'm saying, No, no, no, no, no, yeah, come on, come on all time.
Speaker 2: But I admire it. But I admire it and I learned from it. And my wife is my podcast partner.
Speaker 1: Right now, you got a couple of relationships, yeah.
Speaker 2: Miss fruit. That's my that's my wife. They call her fruit, okay, and she's my podcast partner man. And we just we talk our ship. We don't always talk relationships, but we just I'm in a good place right now.
Speaker 1: How much more? Not probably after this week, but let's let's finish that pappy me motherfucking ed lover. And if you don't drink a little bit of pappy, you know what, you.
Speaker 5: Know, my wife told me you probably might drink some of the ship that they're gonna drink because ed Love is gonna tell you drink a little.
Speaker 1: Something, a little pappy. You gotta have a a little bit of this, give me a little And my wife told me to be careful.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I'm gonna fall to the trap and she told me, can I get a little bit of it?
Speaker 1: A little bit? Come on, No, we share out because I need you to have I need if you never you've never had this, relax, buddy, have you had this never? Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna understand why this is the best ship on the market.
Speaker 1: I drink Mahanna don't taste like then it's gonna taste like cream soda.
Speaker 2: And then I'm gonna be like henna.
Speaker 1: Taste like root bell. So we killed that whole bottle of papping is not damn, this ship is smooth.
Speaker 8: Broke me up, but absolutely I'm not doing anything else.
Speaker 2: Good hold on, relax, pause for for reaction.
Speaker 1: You're a drink champ. You're supposed to already know that he drinks everything.
Speaker 2: No, no, but yeah, but we stick. I stick to my own ship. I'm very happy. I asked me to drink that mama wana.
Speaker 1: I was, but I drank pappy. You gotta drink my majuana. Look and trust me, this is not as bad as I already knew when I came here. I have to drink. Let's go. That's it, to the drink champs, to the drink chances and family.
Speaker 2: Here we go, super super super something. God damn, I'm not taking a home. You can't go from that. I need some plastic.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, you can do voodoo with this whatever you want about. I mean, we're gonna make sure we got back. You got a case. Where's the case? You got the case at case of what we want to John case of the high School Blues and go, man, I appreciate you, and those are gold flowers that will not die because your legacy will never die. Thank you, man man hold on not for real.
Speaker 4: I want to thank you for the out of my heart and when whatever I said, I'm pretty sure comes with my partner.
Speaker 1: We love what you did. We love the platform that you laid out.
Speaker 4: Whenever you see somebody being theyself on a hip hop platform, you need to pat yourself on the back.
Speaker 2: Because the one mean.
Speaker 1: Descent truly becomes from you and your partner.
Speaker 4: I don't want to forget him because he's not here, and we wish him at speedy recovery.
Speaker 1: We wish him you know next time we come, dre gonna be with have it so dope.
Speaker 4: But we want you to know, same way you told me every time I've seen you anywhere, that your platform is my platform. And this is the three sixty that kaya your live show is the three sixty of me telling me telling you that our.
Speaker 1: Platform is your platform. I don't care what you want to promote. You want to promote candles that comes with toenail wax because and we killed that pappy together. Well, thank you so much for joining us, hanging with us, and letting us, allowing you to give you the flowers that you deserve, because this is real ship. You deserve everything that we said. None of us is exaggerating. This is something that we all came out we want to do.
Speaker 5: Drink Champs is a drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our soul that's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Noriegon I g at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drinkchamps dot com