Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to I Do Part two.
Speaker 2: This is the podcast where we get to talk to people about their relationships, what they got wrong, what they're getting right, bottom line, if you got it wrong the first time.
Speaker 1: This is the podcast for you. And we love talking about hope and second chances and third chances, and that's what this is all about. And today some of your hosts are here, Amy Roeboch and my partner, my love TJ. Holmes, and look, we do get to talk to a lot of people, but man, we have a very special person to talk to today.
Speaker 3: I had to said when they first came to us about I Do Part two, and we said, okay, it sounds fun. They gave us a couple of names, and then they told us about Kelly bin Simone. I was like, okay, cool, fine, and went back and watched her season, yes, our seasons as a real housewife yep, and got one impression. But then when we met her, she is absolutely one of the highlights of agreeing to do I Do Part two. She is just this is a compliment, Kelly, You're a hoot. That's a compliment. Okay, she's a hoot.
Speaker 1: She's full of life and enthusiasm, and I would just go with this. You're passionate, Kelly, and I appreciate someone who's invested, and that means sometimes when things are good and sometimes when things aren't so good, but you know exactly where you stand. And I appreciate people like that. You don't mince words, you don't pretend, you say what you think, and you mean what you say. And so we like people like you.
Speaker 4: Kelly, oh Amy, you guys are the best. I mean, you know, I started this with you, and so I'm actually really excited to talk to you because I've changed. I know people are like I've changed, No, but I genuinely and inherently feel a fundamental change, not only in the way that I see myself, the way that I talk about myself, but the way that I uh handle myself with other people, and how I and the expectations I have for myself and the expectations I have for other people.
Speaker 3: What prompted the change, Kelly, Uh.
Speaker 5: It was a very cathartic moment. We've seen some very strange things. We've seen some like Alison wonderfully, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Ah, I cannot say that, No, but you've been really open, You've been really open about your love journey, and we actually are coming to you for this podcast because we want an update. You actually had a first date in real life. You were set up by one of our producers here on I do Part two, and we cannot wait to hear the details because this was weeks in the making. Correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean we've had a lot of fun. You know, Jenna Kramer and I have had so much fun. She I like literally was dming movie stars with her and new friends that we've been Cheryl Brooke has been a really good, good new friend of mine.
Speaker 5: I've made some other new friends on the podcast.
Speaker 4: We've been doing all these fun and wild like antics to meet new guys. But actually, my executive producer, she's like, I have this great guy for you, and there's a reason I want you to meet him, and you're gonna tell me.
Speaker 5: Why after you met him.
Speaker 4: So we start talking and texting first, and then I'm chatting on the phone for the past like two weeks. I'm stellar human, highly educated, beautiful family, respectful to his ex wife, really good genuine father. You guys are you guys are great parents. You can really appreciate that. Just a very stellar human and you know, it's interesting because she's like, how was the date? And I was, you know, saying we were kind of I'm gonna talk about that. But before we even talk about the date, the thing that for me is just so wildly important is that I, Kelly Calaurin Ben Simone, can finally date.
Speaker 5: A stellar human.
Speaker 4: I have confidence to actually date someone who I respect, and I think that is.
Speaker 5: Something that is so new for me.
Speaker 4: And I'm just you know, very very happy that I got to meet mister Tennis.
Speaker 3: You know it also Kelly called me crazy. This doesn't sound like a transition. What you're explaining here is something that would happen overnight. How long have you been going through this thing? I mean, has your and tired, tired dating life been that other Kelly who was maybe dating someone that you shouldn't have been dating and now here you are? But how that has to be a year's long process to get to this point.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it's been really full on since I met you guys last fall.
Speaker 3: No, seriously, so you prompted it, you are, you know, this is why we're here. We're here to do good work.
Speaker 4: Seriously, and you know, it was really interesting because, like you know, talked about how you know you met me and you know you you know you watch my shows and then you then you met me in real life, and you know when I sat down with you, with you guys for the first and I've been interviewed by a lot of people, and I just felt immediately very drawn to you guys, and I my my executive producer. She was like, when you first did that interview with them, She's like, I could tell you really want wanted to tell you know the two of you more. But I was just so like wound up and so guarded that I was afraid. I mean I was even like I wasn't even looking up the entire the entire podcast.
Speaker 5: I'm looking down like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what. You know what it is, though, Kelly. I think when you've lived a lot of your life, or at least the life that people know of you in front of a camera and you know you're viewed through that lens only you know people are looking at perhaps maybe your weakest or your least proud of moments and defining you by that, you start defining yourself by that. You don't feel like you're worthy, you don't feel you can look up because people have seen you not just at your best shining amazing self, but maybe at your at your not your worst moment, but at your less than best moments. And that's tough to know that they live on and people can watch them and then form opinions of you before they even meet you. That's that's not a fun space to be in.
Speaker 5: Right, And I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: I think you never hear the good because you're not really focusing on the good.
Speaker 5: All you do is hear that. You know, people are like, oh my god, you're awful, You're this, you're that.
Speaker 4: And so I was just wildly insecure for so long for obvious reasons.
Speaker 5: When you spend a lot of time.
Speaker 4: By yourself, it's not like you're like, great work, You're awesome, good job, you know, it's like you're just like, you know, a one man band. And you know, my ex husband was significantly older, and we weren't, you know, we didn't have that kind of virgin River love where you know, you see people and they're.
Speaker 5: Like, how is your day? I just really care about how you feel. My exis was French. He never he didn't even know what was he gonna say? Oh, your feelings, how are your feelings? We never asked that.
Speaker 1: I love that you made a Virgin River reference. I'm obsessed with that. Also, just such a false narrative of what life is or love is. But anyway, still get sucked into the narrative of it all. That's hilarious.
Speaker 4: So anyway, my point is, and then from that on, from that and you know, moving on to different dating different people, like you know, being a television and dating people that were not the right people for me. But you know how in the housewives world, you know, you guys are in the news. We're in the funny business. So it's like, you know, people treat you because they respect you, and they they can't wait to hear what's coming out of your mouth. For us, it's like it's a show, what's happening, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: We became both Kelly just so you know, true.
Speaker 4: And yet I thought it true true, But I mean just for the birth, like you know, the ninety percent is like the good news, and so I guess just from being a part of that narrative, which was very difficult for me to navigate and also be raising two kids alone, I became I was around people that were like if they liked me.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, they like me, of course, you know.
Speaker 4: I wasn't like, I'm going to wait, I'm going to kind of figure out what, you know, what are the things that I I am looking for in my life? And so I kind of gravitated towards those love bombers, you know, the super fast we're going to get married tomorrow, all of that kind of nonsense. And you know, now we know of them as red flags, but like I am focused on the green flags. I am focused on all of the good news, the slow and steady wins, the race, the stellar humans, the the.
Speaker 5: Good the good news, like the good Bears.
Speaker 4: I don't you know, I'm not interested in anyone who wants to like, there's no song and dance.
Speaker 5: I don't want you know, that's that's the past.
Speaker 3: All right. So let's talk about mister mister green Flag. I guess we call him mister Tennis, but he's going to be mister green Flag as well. Only how long were you all talking and you just met, But how long before the meeting had you all been going back and forth on text and film?
Speaker 5: So two weeks?
Speaker 4: We've been talking for about two two and a half weeks do.
Speaker 1: Ingen have we texting? Facetiming, no FaceTime, noaill how long of the phone FaceTime?
Speaker 4: I didn't want to FaceTime because I didn't want to. I didn't want to, you know, be like, oh, I'm going to look at him and I'm going to feel a certain way. I just want to eat human real life, because when you meet people in real life, it's like the way they smell, they're the way they look, you know, on a FaceTime it's like people's got the people on their phones right up in their face.
Speaker 5: You don't know what they're looking like. They're like driving a car.
Speaker 4: Sorry people, you know, people are doing things that are like you're like, wait, just.
Speaker 5: Is that his nose? What is that like?
Speaker 4: So I just wanted to meet him in a real way and you know, just to get take again.
Speaker 5: I'm like all focused on.
Speaker 4: Like taking my time, like being like I'm being very like cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, Kelly, we know we saw the you saw his picture. At least you knew what he looked like. How did that compare to what showed up?
Speaker 4: Very very similar, you know, very that is it's very good like the cold packfish. Some you know, things like you know, it's like the new narrative. So he looked exactly like he did in the photos and handsome, very athletic. He really is like a really really good tennis player, like very very good. And I love that too, like I love that he has like a sport that he really loves and that's not just about like what restaurant he went to, but more like what he's doing to better himself, Like I love that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you didn't FaceTime, You just talked on the phone and you texted and he shows up. Did you where did you first meet? Did you meet in a public place? Did you pick him up in the airport? How did that all go down?
Speaker 4: So he came to my building to meet me to go to go to dinner, and the doorman just let him into the hall, which they never do, and they let him come down the hallway. I think that they were thinking he was somebody else. I don't think that they were thinking that he was like a date. They were they were like, he's like, I'm here to see Calay and they're like, oh yeah, wow, he got.
Speaker 3: Some security concerns.
Speaker 1: He looks so, you know, impressive that people just assumed that he belonged there.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try that, Kelly. As you're building, they're going to be paparazzi shot to me in handcuffs.
Speaker 5: Was like at my.
Speaker 4: Door at the doorbell rang, and I'm like, no one ever rings my doorbell.
Speaker 5: So I was like, okay, So I opened the door and it.
Speaker 3: Was hit, Okay, that's awkward and awesome. What happened? What'd you do?
Speaker 5: I hugged him.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome, that's good.
Speaker 4: I hugged him because I was so happy to see.
Speaker 1: Him, all right, And then what's not gonna lie?
Speaker 5: I was taken back. I was not.
Speaker 4: I was expecting like for me to like walk down the hallway, give myself a little moment like and then you know, have him like see me.
Speaker 5: Like the big reveal. But no, he came and like ding dong.
Speaker 3: I was like, what wait, Kelly, wasn't that better? I love that you were caught off the art. You didn't have a chance to try to get yourself together and you just answered as the big old, beautiful, bouncy, lovely Kelly. Here I am.
Speaker 5: That's awesome, totally totally that is me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, bouncy, very bouncy Yes, and that was and I had come. You know, I was in work clothes, so like, I mean, normally I would be like my one of my really good friends, she was like dressed super casual, like wear a T shirt and jeans. I'd have time and change, and so I was like, you know, just to work clothes.
Speaker 5: And so we went.
Speaker 4: We went to go have dinner at this restaurant called the Corner Bar, and he was very polite and very interesting to learn about, soho and you know where I live and what I like to do, and you know, very chatty. And on this other podcast, this woman told me she was.
Speaker 5: Like, I like to ask a lot of questions. And I'm like, I'm not really like a question.
Speaker 4: Person, Like I like to have a conversation, you know, like you guys are asking me questions today, but normally you just you're like how are you? And then you just kind of organically speak. You don't sit, there's no like waiting for the follow up question like normal life. I mean, I'm not like that.
Speaker 1: You don't want to do feel like a job interview.
Speaker 5: That's what she said.
Speaker 4: That's what she does, she says, she does that, and I'm just like, I'm I'm like, oh, you like red shoes? What kind of red shoes?
Speaker 5: Like You're like, how was your law agree? Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Were you attracted to him at first sight? How did he smell? How did he look?
Speaker 5: He doesn't have a smell? I was, I was. I thought that was like. I was like, la is probably.
Speaker 4: Going to be like wearing some kind of like tom Ford scent of the day.
Speaker 1: No, like I was.
Speaker 4: I was like, we are like ivory soap, like nothing, like just very clean, simple like nothing. I was like, okay, and then dressed like very you know, got like a pool peat coat on and sneakers and like Converse sneakers and jeans and very casual.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean his date. You know, he's a day job, he's a lawyer.
Speaker 4: So I think that he was coming to New York and he wanted to be like casual and coold.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, I'm all dressed.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you didn't dress, you didn't change into the jeans and the teacherts time what wait a minute? And when he came to the door, did you invite him in or he had to stand outside the in the hall?
Speaker 4: Well, my oldest, my youngest daughter was in the apartment, so I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, my goodness, I wish I had I could have seen this scene. But you're at the dinner. What what if you didn't interview him kind of what was the back and forth, the conversation, a lot of laughter, where the drink's flowing. It was an eye of how that went.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so we went to the corner bar. We're at the bar. This was one thing that he did and I thought was very sweet. They the bar at the corner bar is like this highly coveted bar, and they were going to give us two seats as you walk in, and it was a very it's very, very very cold in New York, and so he was like, oh, no, no, no, I don't like those seats.
Speaker 5: I want seats that are over there.
Speaker 4: And so I just thought that was like he was making an effort to create an environment that was, you know, calm for him, but also like I wasn't sitting in the cold, which I thought that was really sweet, because most guys just be like, we'll sit there, those are those are two were available, We'll.
Speaker 5: Sit there bad complaining obviously.
Speaker 3: Well not a good play. That's okay, but.
Speaker 5: We are in the world right now.
Speaker 3: But but once you got to uh, chatting it up. What was that conversation was? Again? Was it? Could you tell we have chemistry? You laughed? It was easy, not an effort, Yes.
Speaker 5: Very easy, a lot of chemistry. You know.
Speaker 4: I could tell that he really liked me. We just get along really well. We were talking and we're having fun talking and I and he even said he was like he has two children, younger children, and he said the one thing about me that he was he was nervous that I wasn't going to show up, that he was going to fly to New York and that I was going to you know, that he was gonna like I wasn't gonna I wasn't gonna be available.
Speaker 1: Wow, And did he come just to meet you? He didn't have business in New York?
Speaker 4: Well, he had a meeting on Friday morning that he arranged.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he made the meeting because he wanted to meet you. The trip was to go and meet you. And he was there all weekend. Yes, all right, So what did you do? Like, that's a lot of pressure. It's your hometown. So what did you guys do for the weekend? And yes, it is really cold in New York. We can attest to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so really cold in New York. We just walked around, you know, we went to a really fun mart. We had the rest, you know, we were at the restaurant. It was really fun. And then he's also very chatty with other people, which I liked. Like there was someone that was talking to like, hey, Kellen, he was like, oh, yeah, we take your picture. He wasn't like, you know, a jerk and was like why is he taking your photo? Like that's so awkward, or like saying things like don't you hate that? I when guys say don't you hate that, I'm like, that's part of my job. I thought that was very like easy cool. So the things that normally guys would do he did not do.
Speaker 5: He was very easy going. And just the conversation that he was having.
Speaker 4: He's like, he's like, well, when I when I'm dropping my daughter off, but you know, lessons you know I can talk to you about like oh my god, you know, the traffic was crazy and you know she was upset and she was doing this and this was happening, and.
Speaker 5: He's like, you just didn't you were you were never like.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, call me back in thirty two seconds I was like, oh, you know, call me back when you're done. And you know, sometimes if I say I'm going to call you back, it could be five minutes, it could be four hours. And he was just is very cool about that, and he was very he liked that I was easy going about that as well. He said that he said that being a single dad is difficult because a lot of women take that, you know, time away as being you know, like inconsiderate towards them. And I just think, like, people are busy, and I know he'll be like, hey, I'll text you or.
Speaker 5: So there was that, there was that, there was there was that kind of bond.
Speaker 4: That we like had as well about just being easy going with each other and.
Speaker 3: Not be.
Speaker 5: So demanding.
Speaker 1: All right, so when you said goodbye for the evening, if you said goodbye for the evening, I don't want to assume or presume anything, but was there a kiss. Yes, it's like soft.
Speaker 5: Lips, yeah, very very like sweet.
Speaker 4: Also like I'm not the kind of person like listen, different people are different people do different things.
Speaker 5: Like again, like I heard the river.
Speaker 4: I was watching the scene last night with this girl like hops on top of the bar and like like jumps on top of Preacher and like starts making out with him.
Speaker 5: Like I am not that kind of person. I'm very like, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, if you want to you touched my hand, I'm like, oh that was nice.
Speaker 1: Another Virgin River reference.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't get any of these reverences.
Speaker 1: I know Preacher, Yeah, I know, I know that scene.
Speaker 3: He would never Preacher Preacher creature.
Speaker 1: Preacher is one of the characters. He's the bar, he's he's the guy who runs the bar in the kitchen. Yes, Jack's restaurant.
Speaker 4: But anyway, right, so, and he's you know, I am not an assertive person like that.
Speaker 5: I will not. You know, my friend Luanne, she's like she was giving me tips on.
Speaker 4: Dating, and she's like, put your napkin on fire, send a note to the bar, to the to your waiter that you think that guy's hot.
Speaker 5: Like these are things I would not.
Speaker 1: I would never do that either.
Speaker 5: First, anything on fire now.
Speaker 4: But she's like, yeah, I just make a little sea and I'm like, I'm five ten, Like you cannot miss me in a restaurant.
Speaker 3: You are the scene, Gilly, Yes you are.
Speaker 5: No, No, I mean that I didn't feel like that. I'm water if you miss me.
Speaker 3: You're like, you know, you know what is but you you had the date that night, but was there any other date time? Did you have a second date? He was there for the weekend, right, So what else did you do besides the dinner that night? Did you take him somewhere in the morning?
Speaker 4: Okay, So we went after the After the restaurant, we went to this really fun bar for Las, which is like the best bar, cool scene, like everyone's having a great time.
Speaker 5: Like the bartender who I know, She's like, he's the answ on, He's so cute.
Speaker 4: And she was asking all about La, and everyone in the whole bar was talking to him about La, and it was just he was having a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: He was having a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: And then uh, he walked me home and he gave me another little kiss and then but it was polite. It was like very like polite and like well done. Like if he had stuck his tongue down my throat, I probably would have.
Speaker 5: Been like, ew, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Ew?
Speaker 4: Yeah, total like I would have been like what are you doing? And then the next morning he texted me He's like what are you doing. I'm like, I'm going to dance bodie. He's like, okay, I'm going to pick you up and I'm going to walk you there. And he walked me to my exercise class and then went to have a He went to have brunch at Square Diner and then met me and then we walked home and I had to work again, and then he met me later on and we had like a little lunch like a salad at sant Ambrose and we just walked around. And then he wanted to get tennis sneakers because I told him when he came, because he's a tennis player, I said, you should definitely play tennis at Vanderbilt. You have to play tennis there. It's the coolest, coolest court. So he got tent He was like, I need to get tennis shoes. So we went to the Wilson store on Broadway and he's like, what are you telling you about?
Speaker 5: What is going on here?
Speaker 4: They have a tennis court in the back of the store, which we discovered, so we're like literally playing tennis.
Speaker 5: He taught me how to throw football.
Speaker 4: We were like, you know, shooting basketball. It was really like fun. I felt like I was on the Bachelor. I was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: This is like, Kelly, this is cool. We've gotten to know you a little bit. And yes, as you described our first meeting in that first episode we taped, we agree. But you are on fire right now looking at you, and the folks can hear it in your voice. I'm sure, but you are excited as well. You should look at her. She looks smitten. That's the word. You look smitten. And you should stay there until further notice.
Speaker 1: That's nice because it could have been awkward. It could have gone sideways. You could have realized there was no chemistry. So this is like, it sounds like best case scenario. Do you what I've got a question in here again?
Speaker 5: Not that night?
Speaker 1: You went out again that night? Oh that's awesome. Whoa Okay, continue.
Speaker 4: We were not up that night and we went to this really great restaurant, was a big restaurant, so fun. Then we went to this this bar that was next door. My daughter was like, Mom, you took him to this place. He's gonna love it, and it like makes you look really cool.
Speaker 3: Hey, what place is this? Can we ask?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Kyu? And then went to temple bar afterwards.
Speaker 3: We're not cool? I know k I've heard a Temple Bar.
Speaker 1: Yes, Temple Bar, yes, but.
Speaker 4: Kyu is like it's like Korean fried chicken, it's a cauliflower.
Speaker 5: It's amazing and a very cool vibe.
Speaker 4: So we were there, We're having so much fun, and like we both were like we'd like we like like to you know, he likes to listen to like different conversations that people are having, and I'm like that too, and I'm like it's like chatting. We're like talking to each other, but we're talking about the people next to us. And it was really He's very fun. He's a really fun guy. And then we went to Temple Bar and he walked me home again and we had little kids and then he was like, I you know, I wish you would come over and hang out and watch TV.
Speaker 1: And I was like, nope, not yet.
Speaker 3: And he was at a hotel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was staying in a really nice hotel.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, I'm not that's not like again, like I'm not that kind of I'm just not like that.
Speaker 5: I just i mean, even.
Speaker 4: If I'm like super super super, you know, this guy's a really you know spect I said, he's a stellar human. So it's like I'm not going to screw it up by being like, oh my god, let me go hang out in here, you know, kiss you and be like weird, and then like have it be weird and like I'm taking my time, like's god, I love that on my timeline.
Speaker 5: I'm not on anyone else.
Speaker 1: Are there plans for a second date? Are you going to come out to California? What? How did you guys leave it?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, that would be great.
Speaker 4: I would love to come out to California and say hi to him and see how he is and see his real life. And it's interesting because my friends were because they were they were like, have you ever done, you know, had a long distance relationship? And I've never dated anyone long distance and never dated anyone that wasn't that was so far that was far away period or like out of the same city.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 4: It was just interesting to hear him, to hear him kind of like try to figure out like how we were going to date, how we were going to meet up, where we're going to meet up. And then all the advice for my friends are like, well, you guys could meet you know, in Chicago, and I'm like, I don't want to be in a relationship where we're constantly on vacation, like I want to be in real life. I want to see like I want to walk around like Century City and like I want to I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, and it's winter. We don't want to meet anybody in Chicago right now. It's no good, Kelly.
Speaker 1: I was thinking more like Miami, New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Kelly is you can't let me.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: He just just left, so you just saw him, but there's not a plan yet. Do you'll have a tentative plan, like for sure the next time you see each other will be you.
Speaker 5: In La right, That's what he said.
Speaker 4: He wants to do that, and you know I and he was like I want to you know, He's like I want to do things that we can like have things to talk about. So I was like, let's read the same book and we can chat about it and just try to like have like just a different narrative versus like, how is your day?
Speaker 5: I have no idea what you're talking about? Oh, how is your day?
Speaker 4: I have no idea talking about? Like I just wanted to have like some kind of conversations that were like about things that we're doing versus what everyone else is doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kelly says, have you seen that last episode of Virgin River? He says, no, I haven't.
Speaker 1: He should want, Kelly, you and I could do a Virgin River club. I would love to dissect that. It's funny though it's such a girl I'm sure guys out there like it too, but it's such a girl thing.
Speaker 6: It's very funny.
Speaker 1: I have here. Do you already have pet names for one another?
Speaker 5: I told I told him that he was Trouble.
Speaker 1: Wow, his name's Trouble.
Speaker 3: That's not a good name.
Speaker 5: And he called me Malibu.
Speaker 1: Malibu is cute. I like that.
Speaker 3: Why Trouble like.
Speaker 5: Malibu Barbie, even though I'm Burnette. Okay, you're more Malabo than I have.
Speaker 1: I'm Robes. TJ gave me a pet name or a nickname, like it's Robes. My name is Amy Roboch. But he's the only one who called me Robes. He called me Robes on the air when we were at ABC News together. He just he never called me by my first name ever. I cannot remember.
Speaker 3: I never saw you as a Barbie. She's she's tall, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm only five to five, Kelly.
Speaker 3: What do we Oh my goodness, this sounds so exciting about the guy if you were giving you came on, You've been a celebrity mentor to a lot of people that that we've had on and who are trying to find love. What have you now learned through your ex experience that you're really ready to pass on because you were giving advice earlier on before you kind of came around, before you became the whole, new, full, new Kelly. So what advice now are you able to give given the new Kelly and the new experience that you're going through.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just it's interesting because I've been doing so much talking about relationships and so with him, I talked a lot about relationships, and he really liked that. He liked hearing He likes talking about his relationships. I think that he appreciated that I was open to hearing about whatever he wanted to share with what he was doing and what he was going on with him. Like, I think that that is something that's new to me. I mean, I'm not I've never been the person that's like, tell him about your ex, can't wait to hear all about her.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I don't care. Like I literally was like I did not care.
Speaker 4: And I just been a dated you know, men who have had such wild exes that like, I really have zero interest in hearing about people's exes.
Speaker 5: But I I asked him.
Speaker 4: Because I just was like, you know what, I'm not going to be that person. I'm not going to be closed off. I'm not going to be judgmental. You know, everybody has everybody has people in their in their orbit. And I also, just like I said at the beginning, you know, the top of this just about how like I just have more self respect, and so it's easy to say to somebody, oh, you have an ex, I'm sure she's so stupid and ugly. Like I used to say, like, oh my god, your ex wife, she's so skinny, she hasn't eaten since the ice age. I think those are the things that I used to say, which are awful, and I don't want to say those anymore.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: I just don't want to have that narrative.
Speaker 1: Well, it's about you. It's not about their past. It's not about comparing. It's not about the comparison or the contrast of what he had versus where he is now and all of that, and that's incredible growth I'm curious.
Speaker 5: I was interesting.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to interrupt you, and I apologize to you, but it's interesting that because I didn't come to when we were talking about his exes or what he was doing with his life, because I didn't come with like defensiveness or negativity. There was just like a conversation, Yeah, like you and I having a conversation versus like, you know, me being like competing with someone I don't even know.
Speaker 5: Does that make sense? Yeah, I feel like that's what happens.
Speaker 1: Or feeling threatened by someone who seems like they have it all together. Stranger right, A stranger.
Speaker 5: Right correct, and we don't know anything.
Speaker 4: Like they have their relationship, but their relationship is their relationship, and my relationship with him is my relationship, and I just want to keep that.
Speaker 5: However, you know how it is.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you, Kelly, for people who are listening, for folks who are listening and they are just starting off, maybe they're they're in your boat, they're they've just started to date someone new and they really like them. How often do you text them? How often do you call them? How often do you like do you wait before you return the text? Are you still playing little games or are you just being vulnerable and open and sharing your feelings or are you withhold Like I'm just curious. So that's always the dance. People don't know what to do and what the right thing is and what what would be a turn off, what would be a turn on? Are is that all in your head or are you just going with your well?
Speaker 4: I mean, of course it is like, like, you know, I'm a single female. I've been single, you know, for fifteen years, so I and you know, it's interesting because most people are like, oh my god, you've been single so long, You're just a player.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, no, no, no, not a player. That's one thing I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm just very like whatever I feel like if I feel like calling you, I feel like texting you. I mean I was like thinking I was just because it was so nice. I wanted to write him like a little thank you note, just thanking him for you know, I'm just a very open and like, I'm very like loving, but that does not mean that I'm in love, do you know what I mean? Like I'm just a jet I'm just a very love loving person. So I just, you know, I text him things but I'm also, you know, dating other people, so it's not like he's the only person that I'm dating, and I just want to be open to myself and to my new journey.
Speaker 3: Why he's not the only one you're dating? But why is he the only one we're talking about? Kelly?
Speaker 4: You know why you know what we're talking about him because my executive producer set me up with her best friend's brother.
Speaker 3: Okay, but is this guy? Is he the Is he a front runner? Though? Kelly? Is he a front runner and all the guy?
Speaker 4: That's my point, that's my point, Like he is someone that I'm being introduced to by someone that I respect, and so I am definitely giving this person, you know, like open eyes, like you know, let's see what happens.
Speaker 5: You know, It's not like I don't feel need to be.
Speaker 4: Guarded because I am interested in him and I and he's already been vetted, so there's a trust. Whereas everybody else at I'm meeting, I don't necessarily know them or I know them kind of through someone.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: The last guy that I was dating was younger, and he was very sweet, but he was like love bombing me and saying like after like the first date, he was like, we're getting married.
Speaker 5: You're my person, which was very.
Speaker 4: Kind and I appreciate that. But you know, his actions, you know, actions speak louder than words, and so you can just say how much you love me, but if you're not like making plans, making you know, trying to make situations, doing stuff that does not that does not make me feel like you're in love with me and you want to get married to me. So I'm like learning my lessons slowly, but surely I'm going to make a lot of mistakes. You guys, I'm going to fall through a lot of holes, so you might have to pull me out.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you're doing great. I sounds like you're doing great, Kelly. My only my last thing is how does he feel about dating you? With you telling your entire dating story essentially to the public.
Speaker 5: So I asked him that, I said, what is it?
Speaker 4: How do you feel about He was like that, He was like, that's.
Speaker 5: I think that's amazing.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: And he there's a lot of confidence too, And that's another thing, Like he has a lot of confidence.
Speaker 5: You know, he's not intimidated by what I'm doing. He just is happy for me. And excited for me to you.
Speaker 4: Know, he just said to he said to me, it's like, I'm just so happy to have met you, which is so nice.
Speaker 1: That's a very sweet thing to say. And it sounds like he followed up with actions exactly.
Speaker 4: And actions speak louder than words. So to answer Amy, what you're what your your question? Actions speak louder than words. And I feel like if you like someone, you know, I mean, I wouldn't be sending like heart emojis every two seconds, but you know, thinking of you or you know, hope you meeting went well or but not like what we do tomorrow? Gun your coffee, I can pick you up Like that would make me. I mean that would scare anyone, you know, like, oh my god, what if it hasn't been made clear?
Speaker 3: Fellas do not love bomb Kelly Ben Simo, Okay, right.
Speaker 4: You know when you're like in school and you're like writing down.
Speaker 5: And you're like, Kelly, love this is like I'm in my fifties.
Speaker 4: I can't be doing you know, It's like you have to be like, like be open to like everything.
Speaker 3: Kelly. I suspect that when you were a kid in school you didn't do that either. You weren't writing little notes, Kelly love it just studn't.
Speaker 1: See she watches Virgin Rivers.
Speaker 5: That's my bad die Hard romance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love love. I well, when you told me you watch Virgin River, I know, well, Kelly, we are so happy for you, and I know everyone listening is excited too, because it's one of those when you hear something good happen for someone else, someone who's been searching, someone who's been single deliberately for fifteen years, finding something that could lead to something, that there's that little spark, that little excite. It's it's hope for everyone else too. That yes, it's never too late.
Speaker 4: It's and I totally agree with that, Amy, and I appreciate that. And it's also like you know, I always talk about like there's like two kinds of energy. There's kinetic and there's frenetic. And when like something good happens, more good things aren't going to happen.
Speaker 5: And so whether it's mister Tennis.
Speaker 4: Or mister soccer or whomever, I just feel like he is such a He's really he's such a I will I will if whether we end up together or we don't end up together. I'm just very grateful for what happened over the weekend because it's really been good for me and just so healthy and I've never felt like healthy in an emotional romantic space before.
Speaker 3: Oh Kelly. That really we are huge fans of yours, not because of anything you did on TV, but when you walked into that iHeart studio in Manhattan, we just fell in love with you. From the GEU were vulnerable with us and we did dode. I think you got comfortable with us and we were comfortable with you and it all worked out. But we just adore you and appreciate any time we get to spend So congrats to you and mister Tennis. And it sounds like there's a mister soccer, mister golf, of mister Badminton. It may be a mister basketball. But whatever, whatever you're doing, enjoy your dating time, Kelly.
Speaker 5: Oh, oh Kelly, thank you.
Speaker 3: We will talk to you very very soon. And folks, if you're out there and you want to be dating like Kelly and you want some dating advice, you can call or email us. You can follow us on the socials. All the information will be in the show notes. Make sure to rate and review the podcast as well that's right.
Speaker 1: So that's going to wrap it up for this edition of I Do Part two, an iHeart podcast where falling in love is the main objective. Have a great day everyone, I'm Amy.
Speaker 3: Roboch oh day home.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I figured we should say our names.
Speaker 3: We'll see y'all