Speaker 1: Hi am Kate Hudson and my name is Oliver Hudson.
Speaker 2: We wanted to do something that highlighted our.
Speaker 1: Relationship and what it's like to be siblings. We are a sibling rivalry.
Speaker 3: No, no sibling. You don't do that with your mouth revelry.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: Part two.
Speaker 1: Part in French, I would say it's not part.
Speaker 4: Gerald, Gerald, God welcome.
Speaker 3: I have a question, So when did you start to become known and what was that like? Were you super little? Do you even remember? I was like five, yeah, so you don't even remember on video.
Speaker 5: It's just crazy because I was on X Factor, you know, I was just having a time talking random people.
Speaker 6: There was one video that one video of her talking to fans and she was so sassy and she was like she.
Speaker 3: Was like, my sister loves Justin Bieber.
Speaker 5: Well it was Harry Styles and I lied saying that it was just In Beiber so technically I did.
Speaker 6: But it's the cutest video. She's like five and she's like she wants to marry him. She's like cute with like her little ring like curls like she was so's so cute.
Speaker 3: So you don't remember, like life before your sister was a big pop star.
Speaker 5: I didn't really see a difference, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah at all.
Speaker 3: It's just what you always know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it's just my sister. Like I don't see her as like the like pop star, Like it's my sister.
Speaker 2: I'm just your struggling sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't ever watch her and have sort of like do you get excited for her? Like when like.
Speaker 5: Confused, I like found out that like things were pre recorded on TV because we were on she was on X Factor and I saw her on the screen and I remember my shock of I was like, wait, if she's right there, she's also right next to me on the couch. And that's when I like figured out the TVs were pre recorded.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. Oh that's really cute.
Speaker 5: I freaked out when I was like, how is she next to me and on TV at the same time?
Speaker 3: Where did music come from for you? Was it your own or was it something you were around when you.
Speaker 2: Were around a lot of music.
Speaker 6: I think we have a very musical thing, but like singing, Oh my gosh, like my dad, that's like his outings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a karaoke machine.
Speaker 2: You know that. Vine miel I love that.
Speaker 1: Guy, Miguel, the R and B artist. I love Miguel.
Speaker 2: No, it's not Miguel Miel Yeah, like that's like his outlet.
Speaker 6: What's the name of it, Louis but Louise Miguel Oliver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and so did he. So he sings, he sings.
Speaker 6: Our grandma is obsessed with music. She would make like mixtapes of boletros, which are kind of like Cuban.
Speaker 2: Ballads, like we for Father's Day. We rewrote the lyrics.
Speaker 6: To this song to make it like about our dad, and we did like a funny music video to it was really cute.
Speaker 3: So okay. So so when you want.
Speaker 1: Such as an awesome family, I just it's you can pretty feel. I don't even know any of y'all. But if you feel like.
Speaker 5: A lot of love, thank you, I mean.
Speaker 1: For real, you know, especially with them being here.
Speaker 3: I know it's so true. And how is that for you? In terms of like I always say, for me that I know that my relationship to my work and my whatever that sort of celebrity is on the outside, which doesn't really feel real. Yeah, I'd have a very different relationship to it if I didn't have such a great grounded family, like for.
Speaker 6: Sure, because that can end up being where you want to get your love from, right. And I feel like to me, I'm always like you know, I also think when you were saying, like, what's it like like your sister's celebrity or whatever, I think she's also seen she sees all the behind the scenes of it in the sense of like when I'm having a hard time, when I am stressed by work things, when I'm always like, hey, wish I do about this? Like hey, like I don't really understand, Like I'm like I don't know about TikTok, like it makes me feel bad, like blah blah blah. Like I feel like you're always you really have helped me through a lot of those things. I feel like it's like that with our family, where it's like whatever we do, it's like an enterprise that we do together. Same with like your acting, Like I'm like, okay, like what's the best school that you.
Speaker 2: Can go to? What's the best you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So it's almost like your dream is like everyone's dream, which is kind of nice.
Speaker 3: But and you're happy. Do you want and you're happy totally?
Speaker 1: Do you want the stardom? Do you want the fame? It's a weird question because.
Speaker 5: Most of you know, I just like, I like very heavy on the fact that like, like movies helped me so much, and like whenever I'm like having a bad day, like I lock myself in my room and I watch like every movie like ever possible, that like comfort movies, and like I just like I want to be that for somebody.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what if I told you your passion?
Speaker 3: I got to ask this question. What if I told you that you would have that experience, but it would be say regional in one area, you would be you know, you would be able to have all of your dreams of making movies and acting, but you wouldn't be famous.
Speaker 5: I'd honestly be okay with that. Yeah, It's like then you still get you still get like whatever the money, you can do whatever. But like I can still walk around and like nobody like you know what I mean, if there's.
Speaker 1: No money, what is community theater?
Speaker 5: If community theater, well then I'd have to also have another job. Trust that then I'd have to do like psychology or like what if like my new job now I can't do acting while doing h.
Speaker 3: Kurt said to me, And like what if I told you it would only be community theater and like you would have to substitute, I'd be like, I'd still do it because I love joy totally and he and and the thing is is like that that is the because it's so tumultuous as you know, seeing what you know, anything like performance based or creative that is really about like it's only like if people don't want to watch it, if people don't want to go see it, then you're not going to be able to go do that and work. You know. It's like it's it's really reliant on it is so many other people and so many other things acting even more so than what you do. It's like, you know, if you get the job, like oh my god, amazing. So if what brings you happiness is like only that, then you're just so you're just fucked. There's just because you're gonna be so unhappy because it's like you're always reliant on someone else to get you that job. It's really interesting.
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's the only similarity I feel like with music is that the people that are I don't know, instead of a director, you're counting on people. The volatility and the ups and downs of whatever people's tastes are, what they like, what they don't like. So I think there is like there's an interesting concept where it's like there's a slight danger in the thing that you love that's a hobby also kind of being interwoven with business too, because you're like you would do it for free because you love it so much, but then suddenly it just kind of can get more complex.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't regret at all.
Speaker 1: Us How do you navigate that though, because you're navigating art and commerce, I guess meaning, yeah, okay, well this is what I feel like, but but now it's like labels or this isn't really what's hot totally totally how do you how do you do that? How do you go about that? Is it like one for me, one for them?
Speaker 6: I think it's honestly constant soul searching for me. I feel like it's like I never find the answer.
Speaker 1: Do you have to compromise being like, fuck, I don't really want to do this, but I know it's I know it's I know what, I know why I have to.
Speaker 6: I haven't in a really long time. But that also, you know, that's also sometimes you don't get as much maybe commerce that way. So it's something that I I'm always kind of juggling.
Speaker 2: And thinking about.
Speaker 6: But I do think that's why it's so important to I feel for for people who don't have that family system, because it can be like I want to get my love and support from these people, and for me, I'm like, you know what, no matter what, I have a lot of love in my life. Yeah, it doesn't matter, and I try to come from it from more of a source of giving in the sense I know that sounds terrible, but like, I don't want to make myself sound like, oh my god, like whatever. I'm not like a doctor or an astronaut or whatever. But from the perspective of like, how can I just like share my gifts with people in a way that brings them happiness and joy as opposed to what can I get out of it?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like this the latter.
Speaker 6: Makes me feel kind of anxious and graspy, and the other one makes me feel like, how can I make the best music in the best video so that other people are inspired.
Speaker 3: I remember when my ex fiance Bing's dad invited me to his show and I didn't really know him, as an artist. But I went to Paris and I, you know, got in the car with him and we were going to the show, and I didn't realize that he was playing like the stod like Stade de France and it was like ninety thousand people and I'd never seen him live. I had no idea, And I remember sitting on the side of the stage and he was like, oh, I see a little bit and I'm glad you're here, and I was like, yeah, great. And then I remember watching him and it was like watching someone just a completely different person go out on stage and the place just went completely insane and there he was like and people were just like they fucking loved him so much. And I was like, oh this, to know what that feels like, to be someone in that position is must be a total mind fuck because that is extreme adoration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like.
Speaker 3: What And then and then you add like mu u on top of it. It's very different than I think like acting, where it's like then you add the music on top of it, and it's just so ordained. It's so highly ordained. It's so like vibration. The vibration is so music, you know. And then and then that eras. It's it's almost like Hunger Games. You're like, what is this? And then you like walk off stage and have to like live a normal life.
Speaker 1: And that was the trip.
Speaker 7: For me because I met Matt's like this is my man, and he's like, I'm going to God in the bag, I'm have some tea and he's like this like slight little guy and he's like, you know, I was like, oh is he in Parliament? And all of a sudden, Okay, it's like come to a show and he comes out on the stage, his hair like spiked.
Speaker 1: He's like, is going on right now? Is this little man that just grew ten feet? You know? It was unbelievable to watch.
Speaker 4: It turns to me, what you think? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Who are you? Yeah, I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Oliver turns to me.
Speaker 3: We're like and the thing he turns to me, he goes, I don't buy it. I don't buy it one which character?
Speaker 2: Did you not buy it?
Speaker 3: But there is a sense of My point is is that like live performance and that kind of like like immediate validation is so different than when you live behind a camera and you exist sort of in a completely different world. In this like weird circus world where people are like totally out there and weird making these crazy movies and it's not very glamorous at all. And then all of a sudden you go on a red carpet and people feel like they know you, but there's no so that's all you know. And then you just have like people who write about you, you know, you don't get that kind of like and then maybe you know, you have people come up and go, I love that movie.
Speaker 2: I love your shows.
Speaker 1: Not that instant feedback.
Speaker 3: You know that just yeah, That's why I always like wonder when you see a sibling, like I wonder what that would feel like to watch her like go from being like, you know, the sister that's giving you this advice that you don't want to like I love that title for me, like like don't want and being kind of like more controlled no, and then all of a sudden she's like out on stage like shaking her you know, but like being all hot and owning it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I feel like I can always see like the weird sister through that, but like I like, I do think that it's very cool. When I was younger, I would be like a little bit more like starstruck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now it's like I know, like damn well, like she's tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can see it.
Speaker 3: You can see when she's like in it and like having a time.
Speaker 5: I can see like the complete Like I can see her lock in like in a matter of seconds and then she goes then I see her lockout as soon as she goes back.
Speaker 6: The more you see and I've found this too in meeting people that I listened to and people who were my kind of musical heroes, it's like the more you kind of know them and the more you see that behind the scenes, you're.
Speaker 2: Just like it's less of the facade.
Speaker 6: And smoking mirrors, and you're like, it's not it's not really them. It's like more what they represent. You know, that that that people love, but you kind of depersonalize it.
Speaker 2: You're going on tour, I am, and guess who my guess who are Pyro person is?
Speaker 3: Stop it bo, You're going to do this so exciting You're literally going to do the.
Speaker 6: Because if I give you advice, you don't want.
Speaker 1: Too many this one. Okay wait wait so yeah the tour?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when is it? When are you going on tour? Exciting. What venues are kind of venues are you playing?
Speaker 6: We're doing some theaters, We're doing some festivals, kind of a mix of things.
Speaker 1: You're going, you're going together. I mean, how incredible experience.
Speaker 2: She has this year.
Speaker 6: So she's not going the whole time, which which I love that for her going two weeks.
Speaker 5: This is my senior year. I want like my like summer of senior year. So I'd only be going for two weeks.
Speaker 3: So where and where are you gonna? You're gonna go to Europe? I'm like, okay, so you're you're blowing up in your and where are you playing in Europe? Do you know, like like which venue?
Speaker 2: Like where?
Speaker 3: Like what areas?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we're going to London. Okay to parents, We're going to Madrid.
Speaker 6: Jem.
Speaker 3: I went to Glastonbury four years ago. It was Paul McCartney's eightieth birthday and he was headlining. And my best friend is Stella or one of my best friends. One of my best friends is Stella Stella Okay, and then and then we did this really fun thing where we brought like there's this hotel that we love, it's right by Glastonbury and we rented the whole thing out and it was just our friends and family. It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: That's really fun.
Speaker 3: And then we all went in and out of Glastonbury and I'll never forget because we had this amazing writer director who I won't say, but who I am have so much respect for. And I don't know what happened to me at this festival, but it was like it was like I couldn't stop crying. It was like something hit me and I was like, I'm not living my authentic creative life and I I was. It was like and then then I had this thing about how like people change, and how art is like the most it just shapes culture and the importance of it, and like what are we really putting out in the world. And the day Row versus Wade was overturned, You've got the Beatles who are the most were the most progressive. Like, you know, I'm watching Paul McCartney sing. I thought about, like all of the things he's been through in his life, all of the revolutions that they've like started and been a part of, and and and yet we're still in this time where we're still trying to like figure it.
Speaker 2: Out, figure it out, and art.
Speaker 3: Is at this center of change. I was bawling my eyes and then I gotten this thing and this artist was like this writer director was like, you know, you don't comp and I'm like, but you have to compromise, and he goes, no, fuck that, you do not compromise your art. You don't. And I thought, wow, what an amazing spirit to have as she's she is very successful, he's very successful, But what an amazing thing to actually own is to be uncompromising. I'm still trying to figure that out because I want everyone to feel happy and I don't want to like create turbulence, and so therefore I feel like I compromise art, but like, what an amazing thing. And then out of that, like what amazing art we have to like put out, you know, into the world, Like if you actually think more about your art, like it's not about what you like or what the label wants or what they see they need. This is just purely like an expression and it's going to be uncompromised. It's so liberating, it is. Anyway, that's it was just a rant. It was just a rant. Still, I'm sure there was a thing, but I MADEHD and I just kept going somewhere. There was a question uncompromised art, and then I lost the question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's like it's interesting because I do feel like I think about it so much because I do think there is a thing to feeding people. For example, like you know, sometimes people don't just want the broccoli, they want like, you know, the broccoli with some soy sauce, like we're it doesn't Maybe it's like you you package things in a way where it's like the sneaky medicine, do you know what I mean? So I think about that with with art sometimes.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting because a true starving artist will never ever ever compromise, and they will die, you know, poor a lot of artists too, I think, yeah, so but there are I think you are you can start to be uncompromising once you've reached a level of success where then you can do what the fuck you want to do because you have to make a living as well, if in fact, you want to earn money doing your art.
Speaker 6: I also think that you know that the starving artist, maybe you know, it could be more self serving, which is fine, you know, it's like you're making it for you, yes, But then sometimes it's like, well, what if this makes it exactly? What if this is also what other people enjoy. I don't really know the answer. I think everybody kind of has to find it for themselves. But I do think about it a lot where it's like I think somebody told me, like you know that some artists told another artist like when you make music, are you looking in the mirror or are you looking at your fans? And I feel like I'm always looking in the mirror, you know what I mean. Yeah, But I was like, that's really interesting, like if I what if I you know, sometimes not all the times made some things that were from my fans, because also there's a lot of things that we enjoy that are like that. There's a lot of music that I listened to when I was younger and even now where I'm like, this is just fun. And maybe they also they didn't necessarily explore a new version.
Speaker 2: Of themselves with it that felt so good for them. But I really like it.
Speaker 3: I could more for from this from the thought of I am a fan, So like what do I like? Like I know that I know like when I love to hear a song and I it gives me something like artistically, I want to be creating what I would be a fan of for sure, you know, and and take me out of the equation, you know, which is really an interesting prompt, like oh, you know, you go, you know, when you go and you get inspired by another artist, it's like and you look around You're like, oh, I want to be in this and I want to create art for my fan for me as a fan, which you know, it's like what kind of movies do you love to watch? You know what kind of like but it means.
Speaker 1: So feel like starting out. You know, first of all, where are you at with acting? Like are you what's the plan?
Speaker 5: We just saw a school called the Stress But also I've been doing it classes with an acting teacher that my sister introduced me to for the past like year and a half or something. But now that I'm eighteen, it's like it would be time to like start actually doing stuff.
Speaker 1: And is it like theater in Florida, what's the what's the vibe?
Speaker 5: Well, I would be coming here to California just because next year, just because also in Florida, when my acting teacher was telling me that like in different parts of the States, it's like different types of acting, like in Florida. It's like advertisement and commercials. Yeah, like, yeah, so I would come here.
Speaker 3: You want so you want to you want to make movies and TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're an interesting place because again, you know, you have to sort of make money and compromise and get your foot in the door, so you might be doing ship that you necessarily aren't. My whole career is made doing things that I'm not in love with because I'm supporting my life and I love doing it. But you know, one day.
Speaker 3: I had this great teacher and he's gone. Now Milton could sell us. He he was a side. Yeah, he was very much scientologist, which which which was an interesting approach in in the way that he saw like being an actor, because his whole thing was like why are you doing this? Like it's not therapy. We're not here to watch you do your therapy. We're here to watch you give us like perform. We want to be engaged. And then he would see certain actors and certain people would come in I forget what it was called, like Deadhead Theater or something, and he'd be like, when was the last time you had a job. And when he asked that question, I was like, oh boy, here we go. And then you would be like a guy or woman or a man going like, well it's been like job, yeah, like an actual like here, and he'd be like why you know?
Speaker 2: I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: And he's like you have three months and and and you'd have to get a job or you were out. You wouldn't You weren't allowed to be in his class anymore. And what I liked about that was it was cutthroat. It's like, this isn't a business. This isn't a business for like the soft energy, like it's hard. If you get a job, you got to take the No, she's she's gonna she's gonna eat it up. Okay, rapid fire? Are you ready? Who's more competitive?
Speaker 5: I said it first too.
Speaker 1: He got in trouble as kids.
Speaker 3: What's a funny nickname you have for each other growing up?
Speaker 5: Kaki for her cooky, Cooky for Tophy.
Speaker 3: One thing you never agree on.
Speaker 5: Movies, I feel oh and music? Well, actually no music. You like my music. I don't like your music.
Speaker 2: Don't we agree on?
Speaker 6: Mama?
Speaker 5: This isn't very rapid?
Speaker 3: What kind of it?
Speaker 2: Never is?
Speaker 5: Also?
Speaker 6: Honestly, where to where to order food from?
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: What music. Yeah, this is.
Speaker 5: Because she's like.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: Because like I don't know, like she chooses the worst, like she likes like soulful music sometimes, and like it'll literally be like coincidentally, like the day that like I like break up with my boyfriend, and then she starts playing the most depressing music and I'm just I.
Speaker 6: Actually remember one time I think I was playing a bunch of like like the Taylor Swift album, like the and I was like, and I like yeah, and like twenty minutes later, I look and my sister's just like tears streaming down like the window.
Speaker 5: Trying to put myself together. And I was like, and it's a way of music. Do you like to listen to kind of everything?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Yes? But I love like it's like I'm very in the season's type of like like now in the summer, I'm like I make a playlist like every like week and right now I'm making like a car place for the beach, and it's like reggae hippie like some indies, some like the Sundays, and like it's just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's your favorite new artist right now? New artists on the scene like getting popping like a popping artist. There's a lot of them, know what about you? Like, who's somebody that you're like.
Speaker 6: I like Chapel rone Oh yeah, Chapel Roone.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really like Chapel Roon's music.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, she's a good writer too.
Speaker 2: She's such a good writer. I actually met her.
Speaker 3: I was it was she's so tiny. Yeah, I didn't realize she was little.
Speaker 2: She's like, you know, she was like tiny, like powerful girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really do. Yeah, because you don't expect it. You're sort of like, oh my gosh, because she's so bigger than she's like bigger than when you see like Shakira and she's like so tiny and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, that's so cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Okay, what who's more likely to cry during like a Oh.
Speaker 2: I'm like made of stone? What you mean? You or me? You? I don't know. It depends.
Speaker 6: I have to be like really emotional, we really fed up during a movie, like any any sentiment, sentiment.
Speaker 5: You But in movies I cry a lot more, Like there's like hardbreaking movies where Mom.
Speaker 3: That's true. Who's who cries more?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Mom says?
Speaker 1: What about first celebrity crush?
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm. Grant Gustin. Who Grant Gustin was my first celebrity?
Speaker 3: Who is the she pleased yes.
Speaker 2: And know his name was Grant Gustin Gustin. That's a lot of okay, Prairie styles.
Speaker 3: Actually he was justin.
Speaker 6: He wasn't my first, okay, probably like Robert Pattinson from Twilight was my or the Guy, or Lucas Till from the Hannah Montana movie, or honestly Zac from was my.
Speaker 3: Like going back through through the obsessive.
Speaker 5: Crushes, Zach was the first Czach.
Speaker 6: Troy Bolton or Cameron Boyce.
Speaker 2: I was obsessed with was.
Speaker 5: Who Cameron boys I loved him? I was obsessed with him.
Speaker 3: What about one word you would use to describe each other? Bubbly?
Speaker 5: For you? Me?
Speaker 3: Mmmm?
Speaker 2: I think you would be like precious.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I have I have one rapid fire question for for you?
Speaker 2: Can you say who your best like? You probably get asked this alive your best on.
Speaker 6: Screen kiss was It's such a stupid question, but I'm wondering.
Speaker 3: I have asked billy question I have and askews and I always feel so bad And they actually asked me this on a vanity fair like lie attacked your test yes, and I was like, well, how do I answer this questiss my favorite kiss? Oh that's a better by the way, that's the thing about acting too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Billy crud you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Sure, Billy Crudit Okay, was Billy for sure? He I tingled, No, I mean I mean I had a massive crush on him. I was like young, I mean he was like this hot, like like what does like our father?
Speaker 6: Like weird beauty eyes when you work with somebody who's been your celebrity.
Speaker 1: Crush, Oh, that's a weird question. If you could have to have a stage kiss?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nicholas Alexander Chavas on the door, the guy already chosen, you know, in the siblings that actually monsters, Nicholas is my husband and siblings to have friend right now, it doesn't matter. It's okay.
Speaker 2: They killed their parents, Victorian, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: We should have have that on you.
Speaker 2: Should but they're fictional siblings. The fictional siblings. That would be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that we tried to get the actual.
Speaker 6: What like somebody I feel like, I like, I have a boyfriend, so I.
Speaker 3: Feel like, is this known that it is now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I got when we when we cut, I'm going to find out who the b F is? We what about I would say my on screen? Who I would like to make out with would be mine. That's cute. M cuman, you're gonna you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, I'm.
Speaker 3: You want to beat up gossling?
Speaker 1: I do not want to. I'm saying, if it came down to it, I think I might be able.
Speaker 3: Are you hearing this?
Speaker 2: I feel like you have like some height on him, but he's got he feels.
Speaker 4: Like he can.
Speaker 1: But I'm very slippery and very quick.
Speaker 5: Interesting, He'll just slippery, interesting, stem.
Speaker 1: Very flexible if if he holds me tight, I'll be able to get.
Speaker 5: Slippery and flexible. Very interesting things to say about yourself.
Speaker 2: I think it.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm both.
Speaker 3: I think I don't have anybody like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like I don't.
Speaker 2: Do you have that?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Do you have any advice for.
Speaker 3: Sophie can ban her acting attorney? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, what kind of advice do you want? Because you didn't know, I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared to give you.
Speaker 2: I don't go ahead.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's some actual technical acting advice because.
Speaker 5: Everyone something wish that you could have told yourself, my son.
Speaker 3: Is acting okay and he's in n y U and he's twenty one.
Speaker 2: Okay. Cool.
Speaker 3: And my big thing is is when you're starting out, I just for me, it's like when you have to love it. You have to know why you're doing it. You have to really want to do it, because it's a terrible business to get involved in if you don't. The second thing is is it's preparation, preparation, preparation. You know your lines, Like, there's nothing more annoying when I'm the person that doesn't know my lines or my partner doesn't know their lines. It's one thing when you're working with someone and you know they're trying to find something and something doesn't feel right and they do know their lines. It's another thing when you're not prepared and you come in and you don't know who your character is or you haven't prepared something. And so my big thing is preparation, preparation, preparation. Don't have and then like, enjoy the work, enjoy workshopping things with people, and take those risks when you're doing something, be okay, being bad. You know when you go too far, be able, to laugh at it and be like, did I go too far? Because people appreciate people appreciate your risk taking, and that's you have.
Speaker 1: To look like an asshole. You have to be will too and.
Speaker 3: I then and then my other thing would be you. But also like it, it's you have to forget what you look like. You have to let go of your ego. Even if you're playing the most beautiful personal maybe that's a little bit different because you're playing it. But at the end of the day, you have to be comfortable being unattractive, being as ugly as possible. You have to love it. Be like I love being fucking ugly because it makes I just it right. Because if it's anything other than that, your people are gonna see right through your choices.
Speaker 1: I will say this preparation, yes, but the way that you prepare everyone is different. And as someone starting out, I would definitely say, learn it all and then decide what best fits you, because she does it differently than I do it. That Mom, then Kurt and everyone else. Cheetle Don Cheetle is a good friend of mine. I was like, what do you do? And he writes notes after notes in his script and I tried it and I'm like, I can't do it. I can't do it that way, you know, So learn it all, read it all, discover it all, and then figure out what vibes with you. There is no one right way to do it.
Speaker 3: And casting directors are your friends. They're your big cheerleaders. Know that every time you go on tape, every time you go work with it. There. If it wasn't for casting directors that I had connections with still to this day, I wouldn't have been casting almost famous, Like Gail Levin was one of the biggest cheerleader for me. And so I think, like everybody wants to get to the producer, you want to get to the director. Like the casting director is going to be the person that's going to be who's going to get you. And those movies are going to keep bringing you back for certain things and they're the best.
Speaker 1: And again even before you made a casting fucking hustle. Hustle, Yeah, use nepotism, honestly, use your use the use what you use what you have.
Speaker 3: Because of you're terrible advice.
Speaker 1: Not terrible advice, because at the end of the day, you have to prove yourself you can get in the door because of people, you know, but if you don't have the talent, but use every resource that you have to give yourself a leg up.
Speaker 3: What are our animals? And then we're gonna ask the last question. I don't know, I'm going to say, Okay.
Speaker 1: Ready, your animal.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to say everybody is, Okay, Okay, this is you're you feel like I don't know why, but you feel like a like a like a meer cat yest vibe yeah, or like a platypus, like a cute Okay.
Speaker 5: I could see you like the little finger monkeys, the ones that just like wrapper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you're a little like like or like something like you're cute and then you're sort of like you just like it's like you put your head up and cute.
Speaker 2: I didn't like meerkat.
Speaker 6: I like platypus because it's a little bit I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 1: Lay eggs and plats are interesting.
Speaker 6: I'm very down to be to be a platypus. I mean, I feel like that fits with I don't know what your narrative.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the spiritual thing is. I don't know. It just felt like a platypus is.
Speaker 6: I can see Unfortunately, I can see how I look. I look like a meerkat. I hate to admit it, but I can see it. No, but I can see how, like you said, your son looks like a giraffe. I can see how if I popped out of like a sand hole, it wouldn't be weird.
Speaker 2: You know, But Okay, keep going.
Speaker 3: Okay, you feel.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know if I can play this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know this is really hard.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say, I'm going to your cat if to me, you're you're like a really fast running cap moves really slow and you want to move so like a Pilma her animals so cool?
Speaker 2: How do I get? Marca said, suck and I just I hate this show is so cute. I got finger Monkey Miraca.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm gonna change mind.
Speaker 3: Over what is?
Speaker 2: No, they have to We're gonna we're gonna work. Okay. I feel like you're like, I.
Speaker 5: Feel like you're an eel.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's such an il you cut.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that.
Speaker 1: Looks like I guess I got paid back for the mirka.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like you're like you haven't I don't mind an eel.
Speaker 8: I mean necessarily you're like a more like they want to yeah, like a seagull. I like like she's a squirrel.
Speaker 3: I don't like being a just like eating peanuts and gladstone. Yeah, and what about what am I I feel like you're you're like a deer.
Speaker 5: I feel like you're a flying squirrel.
Speaker 3: I like a flying squirrel, or like a like a gazelle, like a gazelle, not a deer, but like a gazelle.
Speaker 5: That's a panda. Me, you're a panda.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, a panda is cute. Okay, how do we see ourselves? Our animal?
Speaker 5: For you?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll go koala for yourself? Oh myself?
Speaker 3: How do you see yourself? Come on, let's go fast. You said we're gonna do it, great white shark. Oh my god, jesus, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't think you are.
Speaker 1: No, you know what, I'm sort of like a lemur monkey.
Speaker 2: I can that's the animal that I think you are.
Speaker 3: Actually like you have a mere cat. Let's be honest. You're projected, but I feel okay, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I think you're a leamer monkey as well, you know, kind of.
Speaker 1: A little weird, yeah, shute, but ugly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Okay. I feel like I'm somewhere between a hummingbird and a dragonfly. Oh, you're such a hummingbird, I feel I feel like hummingbird has always been my at the top of my totem pole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you are.
Speaker 5: Too, Okay, what about you?
Speaker 6: Okay, I feel like I'm like like a blue whale or like an elephant, like just like like just like.
Speaker 3: Like a kind of yeah, pust but blue whale is better.
Speaker 1: Okay. We asked it to everyone. It's a two part question. Oh my gosh, what siblings. If there was one thing that you could alleviate from your sister, something that you could take away that would make their life better.
Speaker 3: I love this question.
Speaker 1: The second part is if there was something that you could emulate, something that you could take from them that you wish that you had, What would that be?
Speaker 5: Okay, do you want to go first?
Speaker 2: I'll go first.
Speaker 6: I would take away from her to alleviate any like whatever the suffering that I see. I mean suffering in like the Buddhistic sense, not like that. I would take away like your sometimes overwhelm or sensory overload, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, sometimes a lot of overload.
Speaker 5: I get over stimulated.
Speaker 6: Overstimulation, your overstimulation and what I would love to emulate from you. I think you've always been so like fearlessly yourself and and in not a people pleasing way, like she's like like it or not.
Speaker 2: This is who I am, This is what I like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't really care if it makes you uncomfortable, if you're not ready for all of that. This is who I am, and I think it makes everybody around you grow and aspire to that level of like authenticity.
Speaker 5: Thank you. If I could take one thing away from you, like for you to not have to deal with it anymore, it would be like your anxiety or like you're like OCD first or anything, just so like you wouldn't have to deal with that anymore. And if I could take something from you, it would be how nice you are because you see, like your your faith in people. That's so sweet because like you do have a lot of faith, sometimes too much, but you have like a lot of faith in people in the hell.
Speaker 3: I love you, guys, Thank you so much. This was so fun, so much, so fun was the best.
Speaker 2: We love you.
Speaker 3: We're going to exchange numbers and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah,