Speaker 1: My guess is a season CPA and Master tax advisor with over twenty five years of industry experience. He has developed a proven system that helps entrepreneurs achieve financial freedom within five to seven years through strategic tax planning and well built Please work with the Money Making Conversation masterclass.
Speaker 2: He's a master.
Speaker 1: Michael Wadi Ali, How you doing, Michael?
Speaker 3: I am great. Thank you so much for having me on your show. It's society to be here.
Speaker 2: Let me just tell you straight.
Speaker 1: I got a degree in mathematics, a mining sociology, and I am afraid to do my taxes. Okay, so I just let you know. You're talking to a guy who's super confident everywhere, Michael. But when it comes to the taxes, I am intimidated.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a good thing. Let me put that out there. It is that way just because that's the framework most people have had over the years, which is the tax code is supposedly very complex and it should be left to just professionals to deal with. I do disagree with that. The one thing I always say to anybody who cares to listen is the fact that weld.
Speaker 2: Cannot be delegated Okay.
Speaker 3: You can delegate marketing, you can delegate human resource administration.
Speaker 2: There are lots of things in running a.
Speaker 3: Business that you can delegate, but when it comes to you building wealth, it's always going to be your action that matters the most. You can have advisors like me and many other folks around you, So you got to embrace tax coods. It doesn't require that you become an expert like I. Okay, it does not require that. What it does require is you need to have a good tax advisor who is not just telling you what to do, what is properly educating you in a street language so that you can understand he's reasoning behind the recommendations that he's giving to you.
Speaker 1: Because it's an education. You know, there are a lot of things out there how you can save money. And then could you read about you know, millionaires and billionaires pay small taxes and they out there living a big life. And you see a person an everyday employee and have their check is going to tax. So explain how that works there, Michael, you know, twenty five years in the business CPA Maxter master tax expert talk to us.
Speaker 2: So let me let me say this.
Speaker 3: If you've ever read that book reached that product by Robert Kiyosaki. Right, Roberts popularize what is known as the cash flow quadrant. Basically, and I'm going to just put this at here on the table for your listeners. The tax code was not written for the little guys. Let's let's just be real and honest to us, okay. The tax code was designed by the very rich. They leverage and influence what they wanted to become law.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And the reality about the tax code is irrespective about whether you are rich or or whichever side of the cash flow quadrant you belong to, if you understand the rules of the game, you can get the same benefit that the big boys get. Now, the reality is most folks they don't genuinely care to figure out what the tax code is all about. So all they are doing really is they're not getting into it. They're just whining and griping about it, all right. So if you just whine about it, then you're not going to get any out of it, because the tax law is a set of incentives that the government has put in place to make us as citizens behave the way the government wants us to behave.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: That's what the tax good is. And why do I say that. I mean, the United States is one of the greatest country in the world today in many respects. I have the privilege of coming from a different part of the world originally, and I can tell you that there are lots of things that the US has been very successful in doing.
Speaker 2: And one of the ways.
Speaker 3: The country has been very successful in achieving all of that is leveraging the tax code. Because when you leverage the tax cood, that drives money to that part of the economy. Okay, for example, a lot of people rave about real estate. You want to ask yourself, why are there so much benefits tax benefits in real estate. The reason for that is the government doesn't want to be responsible for providing housing for citizens, right, So what they've done is they've created the capital incentives to drive money into that sector. So the idea is to always look at what is the tax code saying today and be able to use that code to your benefits. See the rich people, they don't take their tax bill on this office. They are very intentional in what they do. The tax code is one of your fastest way of getting to financial freedom and getting wealthy.
Speaker 1: If you know how to leverage it, Michael, before I asked the next question, how do we get touttoed you?
Speaker 3: I have an email address that you can put on your real taxes at SMITHSPA dot coms in terms as in Apple X, as in Zero's ears in Edward as in at SMIDCPA dot com SMEDCPA dot com. It's the very easiest way to get me because there is two folks who are just constantly monitoring that emails. Because I get you, who's low people trying to get to who?
Speaker 1: You don't want to miss an episode of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. So right now follow a subscribe to Money Making Conversations.
Speaker 2: It's free and you can find.
Speaker 1: It on the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Please don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back with more Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Welcome back to Money Making Conversations Masterclass with me with Shan McDonald. You have a proven six step system they have entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs achieve financial freedom within five to seven years. I'm not asking you to reveal the entire concept, but how did you come up with this concept and why does it work.
Speaker 3: We call it the design E E c ID. Okay, it's a six step framework. This stands for Discover your Wealth DNA. Basically, what that means to us as advisors, if you come to us and you want to walk with us, the first thing we need to figure out to get you to make us know is how in the world are you making money? Because in the life that we live in, every dollar in the bank are not equal when it comes to taxes.
Speaker 2: So we need to know.
Speaker 3: And understand how you're making money. So that's what Discover your Wealth DNA stands for. And the next thing is the E stands for we engineer tax freeze structures. See how you do business drives in the long run, how much of the money you make you are going to be able to keep. Okay, there's one thing to make money. There's a different thing on how to be able to keep more of that money than Uncle Sam wants to take. By the way, the Uncle Sam is not asking you for more money than you deserve to give to them. It's just that most people don't know how to do that. So the EAST stands for engineer tax free structures. The SEA stands for we tasue you how to capture your growth and appreciation and freeze them here because if you don't freeze wealth as your wet is green, what that is going to do is someday when you transition out of this world, your beneficiaries who inherit your wealth, Uncle Sam is going to be waiting in the corner to take forty five percent bite.
Speaker 2: Out of that estate. O care. So that's important.
Speaker 3: And then we do what we call we integrate very advanced tax strategies because really these are what you were saying about the very wedy's going all over the place. Believe me, there's nothing they're doing that is illegal, all right, otherwise they we all have been in jail. Now, the this stands for we defend against tax erosion. And lastly the E is we then also teach and put in place how to empower the multi generational legacy that is following you.
Speaker 2: That's the decide.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've done this over and over and over, I'll say since twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen. And the answers to why it works is because within those six steps we are going to papsure whatever any entrepreneurs situation is and be able to bring them to a happy place.
Speaker 2: So that's why we've decided to trademarket.
Speaker 3: The trademark application is with the Trademark Office and it should be out in the couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on that and thank you for the breakdown or the desired framework, as Michael's proven six step system help entrepreneurs achieved by the actual freedom within five to seven years. There are actually tricks of the trades of things you can give advice on, like how to legally play your kids. You know, I've heard that method. You don't have one child, but there are some people have more than one child. Their their tax coach a tax setup where you could legally play your kids and then right off the deduction.
Speaker 2: Uh So the answer to that is absolutely yes. See, these are exactly these are not these are no means, these are nothing illegal, These are nothing, These are not unethical things. These are not imral thinks. So, by the way, anything any good tax advice or is telling you, you got to check it against theory frameworks. Is it legal? Is it ethical? Is it morrow?
Speaker 3: It has to meet those three tests all right now? The question you just ask, honestly, that's is taxation one O one in my fame, all right. Okay, hiring your kids, that's not an advanced tax strategy, all right, that's not some sof skateed thing.
Speaker 2: It's so basic.
Speaker 3: Everybody should be doing that if you have a business. See the tax code allows for it, all right, The tax code encourages it.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: Laws didn't just come to be. Laws are put within the framework. Again, I said at the beginning of our time together that look, these things were designed by the rich. But you know what, you don't need to be rich to implement them, all right.
Speaker 2: You just only need to know the rules of the game.
Speaker 3: How do you employ your kid? Oh my god, most of us have home offices, all right. Your kid doesn't necessarily need to be coming to your physical office location to do the work that they need to do.
Speaker 2: All right. You can give them some things to do at home.
Speaker 3: They can be the one taking out your trash from your home office.
Speaker 2: They can be the one washing that car once a week.
Speaker 3: That is a business, big I mean in my office we have taken seven ideas that kids can do in their businesses of their parents. Okay, and then when you do that, you are allowed to pay them up to fifteen or sixteen thousand dollars, which when you look at that, that child ends up not paying any taxes. You as the business owner, get sixteen thousand dollars. Right, That is off your taxable income. That is passing onto the kids. Now, whether you like it or not, your minor kids, you're already taking care of them anyway, instead of you just bringing the money.
Speaker 2: Out of your pocket.
Speaker 3: Literally, the government is subsidizing your upbringing off your kids now. But even better than that, I can tell you I have lots of clients. I have one particular attorney. Every time she meets with mess like, Michael, my kids are going to be thanking you because all of them are going to be millionaires before they become twenty one.
Speaker 2: Do you know why?
Speaker 3: Because since her kids were five and seven that she's been our client. I have taught her how to implement that strategy, and she's been putting all that money away into an individual retirement account for those kids, okay.
Speaker 2: And I have taught her what to.
Speaker 3: Do and how to move those moneys from the IRA accounts into a rough account when the time. So my point is that whole issue of employing your minor kids is a no brainer.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, thank you, and I hope everybody listening and watching took notes because Michael Wadiali knows what he's doing. He's a master, you know, tax strategist and a CP over twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Correct, Michael, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Let us talk about this. You know, I much about business owners and taxes. You know, you know, you get the basic taxes, employee taxes, you know, property taxes, all use utilities. But there's a general tendency that owners of business overpay in taxes.
Speaker 2: Why is that.
Speaker 3: Eighty close to eighty percent of small business owners.
Speaker 2: Over pay in taxes.
Speaker 3: The reason for that is there is this profound fear for taxes, and so most people have come to have this love hate relationship.
Speaker 2: And what they do is they completely avoid these subjects of taxes all through the year, okay, and so they only meet with some guy who do tax return when it becomes very clear that April fifteen is around the corner. Okay. You cannot operate like that and win the game of money. You just cannot.
Speaker 3: Really, taxes must be one of the tripods upon which your wealth is built, because if you can really plan your taxes legally. That's why we say we help you get to financial freedom five to seven years faster. And that's a very conservative number really, because when you are not doing tax planning, you literally put yourself into a tax jail for like eighteen years.
Speaker 2: What do I mean by that? When you don't do any tax planning.
Speaker 3: For every average of eight hours that you walk every day, almost three hours out of that eight hours is given to the tax guy.
Speaker 2: Wow, Now, yeah, I'm serious. Think about it.
Speaker 3: Because you have taty seven percent margin a tax bracket at the federal level. If you're in the state that has stayed taxes, you got another five to eight percent. So if you are not doing any planning, three hours of that eight hours it's going to the tax guy. Now, if you slip that with the guy who is doing tax planning and it's giving only less than one hour a day to the tax guy, who do you think we make more money and get faster to their goals the guy who is doing tax planning.
Speaker 2: Most people.
Speaker 3: They they don't know they work with tax preparers.
Speaker 2: They are not working with tax advisors. They see difference.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so a tax preparer is just the guy who is just taking all of your documents at the end of the year and feeding it into a software, and the software spits out a number and tells you this is what your tax situation looks like.
Speaker 2: That's compliance.
Speaker 3: And that's why to your question about eighty percent of small business owners, they are overpaying in taxes. Now, if you are doing planning, you are meeting with an advisor at the very minimum, no less than once every quarter. You are very intentional and how to be strategic on all the money decisions.
Speaker 2: You are making.
Speaker 3: In fact, before you are taking any money decisions, you're talking to your tax guy, okay, and he or she is making you understand and know how to structure that transaction in the way that we optimize your tax situation.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: In fact, when you are doing tax planning, you've already designed the end game before the years starts, and so as the year is going, all you are doing is like you're driving. Sometimes your slow dance because you come into a cove. Sometimes you speed off because the road is straight and clear. So that's what tax plan is all about. People are over paying taxes. They are over donating money the government has not asked them for because they have not put in the time to work with good tax advisors.
Speaker 1: You don't want to miss an episode of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. So right now, follow a subscribe the Money Making Conversations. It's free and you can find it on the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Please don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back with more Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Welcome back to Money Making Conversations Master Class with me Rashaan McDonald. Digital currency and bigcom mining. That's another area where I will tell you, Michael, I've been I've interviewed probably over one hundred people. I still don't get it. Can you educate me and my listeners are simplified to show us how that process works? You know, the digital wallet and all these things.
Speaker 3: So, like I said, now I decide the first thing is the DED which is discovery your wealth DNA. Right, So in this case, you're saying, hey, sitting across the table from me is a guy who is trying to get to that place of financi your freedom right through digital asset. Now, there are almost three components if I'm to break that down. One is the tax component, which of course is my forte every day. The tax component here is to look at that line of business or that line of how to make money and say, okay, what are the tax benefits in the air? Okay, how does this persing? How is the ires wanting to tax this guy or this bootload of money? I have a tax PAYI client. He makes on the average anywhere from two to three million every year from his digital asset treading.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, the kind of strategies of structures were put in place from him is very different from the guy who is a manufacturer. Okay, So that's why I said how you make money is important. Now let me go to the cross of what I think your question is just trying to explain what is digital assets?
Speaker 2: All right? Okay, Now when you really look at it, let's kind of zoom back to win.
Speaker 3: The United States currency was back by good. I mean, most people don't realize this. It's only as recent as nineteen seventy two that that requirement was removed by the then president. In the past before then, every time that is in circulation, there is a corresponding amount of backing or collateral, if you will want to put it that way, right, that is sitting in a good deposit boat. Now, with the taking away of that requirement, what has happened is that many governments are not free to literally print money.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 3: I mean, so if you look at what happened during the COVID era, we don't a lot of money into circulation, and that was what created our inflation. Now, why is this whole digital currency, Bitcoin.
Speaker 2: And all of that coming into place?
Speaker 3: All what I just explained about the big print, It has put the next generation in the place where they are a little bit neighbors.
Speaker 2: They consign that there is a whole lot of thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So there's just this consign that all of this is a mirrd and so that is how digital assets or currency began to gain popularity. Now what is digital currency really? It's really science. I mean it's awesome. I personally pregate it may not be in our time, but I personally pregnate we are going to get to an era where digital assets will be the main currency of doing business every day because it's a system that does what we call a double entry check, Meaning if I send something out, science puts us in a place where the person receiving it and the person is sending it out it matches at the same time. Now I'm trying to give you high level what all of this bitcoin digital assets are all about. It's just it's just a it's just a blockchain, all right. A blockchain tells you, Okay, if this thing has a side, it has a face. And so that's why there is the belief that it's going to supersede all of the fiat currency. Fiat currency being this is money. This is the United States dollar, this is the euro, this is and all of this are just getting their value by reason of what the government says. It is, not because there's something backing it. But it's different when you are looking at the need to assets. Digital assets are back back. It's it's following a strong fundamental supply and demand logistics and because of that, it's only a matter of time it will definitely surpass the fiat currency. Okay, I don't know if that helps anybody listening. I know everybody is different in terms of how they embrace any new concept, but I personally, I'm a fan believer that it's only a matter of time it will become what it is.
Speaker 1: Here's a quack question that should take quick My daughter when you graduated. We gave her my wife and I gave her graduation gaire financial guilt, and we to look put this in a compounded interest. I want to make sure I'm giving a good advice. Okay, compounded interest account. Was that the right advice to give her or she we have steered her into other options?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And by the way she's listening.
Speaker 2: That was a good advice. But this is my advice.
Speaker 3: You you go, you should have done that even when she was three four five, because what is well wealth really is compounding interests less taxes.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's.
Speaker 2: What wealth is.
Speaker 3: So really you kind of lost anywhere from eighteen to twenty years of that same money compounding before you give it to her, So I know you definitely will know this. I mean a lot of people talk about the Rocky Feller method. I mean, what's all of the Rector Feller method. All they've done is they figured out how to kind of continue to pass well on from generation to generation tax free, okay, and then they leverage good insurance products in the process, which is tax free, to be able to make sure that worth.
Speaker 2: Is passing on.
Speaker 3: I mean, what you did, if I'm to look at it on the spectrum of what is wrong and what is extremely great.
Speaker 2: What you did for your daughter was in the middle of that spectrum, okay, meaning you gave her a gift and you said, look, put this money away. Now what she can do for herself is allow that money to compound and not be eating up by taxes.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, at the point where she want to transition it at from whatever that instrument is, that's where the good tax advice or she'll be talking to her and say, okay, yes, what we need to do so that when you transition this money at from this character to this next one, we freeze or we do some discounting of the value so that about sixty to seventy percent of that group is shielded from taxes.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you you know, we've been going in circles trying to get your most showed because you're very busy man, and I appreciate it. But the knowledge you presented to me on the show today, you know, people pay for people pay for and they give it for free. On my podcast, Money Making Conversations, Maclaed. As we exit more time, give us your email address, Michael.
Speaker 3: My email address is taxs t A xs in Zero's ees and Edward s as in some at Smith CPA. That is spelled s I S in Sam and I said Mary double e as in ed or ds in David see us in Charlie ps in as in Apple dot com.
Speaker 1: Brother, fantastic. I like your demeanor and I love your confidence. That's key when you're dealing with people's money. Man, like you say, you, your your your legacy of consistency, and the fact that you like you said, man, your your talents and your demeanors are incredible. Thank you for coming on. Money Making Comments is a masterclass and we will talk soon.
Speaker 2: My brother, I appreciate it absolutely. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Now, if you want to be a guest on my show, money Making Conversation Masterclass, please visit our website, Moneymaking Conversation dot com and click to be a guest button. If you're a small business owner, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, influencer, a nonprofit, I want you on my show.