Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into the cycle.
Speaker 2: I am Ryan Warmley, joined as always by Mike Mayer. We are talking all things fantasy baseball. On this segment, we were talking to by Lows and Sell Highs. We're also going to do our waivers central heading into next week, we will start what we always do with the bye Low's and mayor you can go ahead and kick us off here.
Speaker 3: Sure, So I went with Roman Anthony as my BILO who I considered, can you really buy low on Roman Anthony right now? Just because the sample size is so small? And I based on you know, my DMS and some of the comments we got on last week's episode where you know, we kind of talked about Roman Anthony and Pete Armstrong and Dynasty and I said it was absurd to move PCA ahead of Roman Anthony, and you disagreed, and some people in the comments we're all, we're also already ready to just move PCA up above Roman Anthety and I just think slower role here a little bit. This is still the best prospect in baseball.
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 3: I just I wrote him up in this week's Players to Trade Now by Low Sell High article on Fantasy pros and I made the argument that one of the main things about it is when I watch him, he looks like a professional hitter. He's you know, he's having some bad luck, he's babbab is still one thirty eight right now, but he just looks like he takes professional at bats, even against lefties. And the Red Sox are showing that they agree because Alex Korra, who has been asked all year about like, you know, why are you not playing Marcela Meyer against lefties or what you know, why are you trying kind of like protecting these kids against left you know, these left handed hitters against lefties, he's batting Roman Anthony high in the lineup, and you know, even in lefties against lefties, he's batting him second in the lineup. And despite some of the early you know, struggles, at least numbers wise, the Red Sox are showing a lot of faith in him, and I think they're justified in doing so because I think he's going to get hot soon. And despite you know, his what is his batting average right now, It is one fourteen with the two twenty seven expected batting average, but he's also walking more than eighteen percent of the time. Strikeout rates twenty five percent. It's not great, it's not terrible for a young hitter. You know, we just talked about some young hitters with a strike out rate over thirty percent, And I just think we're going to see him get hot, either leading into the All Star break or coming out of.
Speaker 4: The second half.
Speaker 3: We've again talked ad nauseum about these young hitters who come up and struggle. I think I think we're seeing the same thing, and I think it's going to click for him soon and he's going to adjust to the league and he's going to get hot.
Speaker 2: For the record, I don't think it's knocking Roman Anthony to say that pekrar Strong has earned a spot higher than him and Dinosaur rankings. It's not like there's a huge age gap. PCA is like two years older than him and he's already having a dominant season, whereas Roman Anthony hasn't yet done it. Like I don't want to put I put a lot of weight in general in my fantasy analysis. I put a lot of stock into pedigree and prospect frankings because I think they matter. It's not the only thing that matters, but I think they matter. But I don't want to overweight that when a guy like Peek Armstrong is doing what he's doing right now.
Speaker 5: So that's my thought on those two in particular. But yeah, I think this is a totally valid one.
Speaker 1: I don't know how acquireable he is.
Speaker 2: If somebody has been holding on to Roman Anthony, they probably are having a similar optimistic view to what you have. But I agree that if he is attainable, he's worth buying low on. I mean, hadding one fourteen right, just one home or one soule and base like he's not doing anything yet, but I think you will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think he is acquiable just because of some of the like the comments I'm seeing like in my DMS or like on the Fantas Spros discord where they're just like give me anything to Roman Anthony, or like I'm willing to cut roman Antic and I'm like, hold on, Like it's way too early for that, Like we've seen this story so many times, especially this year and last year. It's way too early to panic like that, Like you need to hold on and if you're going to trade him, you you better get fair value because if you trade to me, you know, I'm willing to, then I won't ask you each name. But like the the pictures I put out there that I would float for Roman Anthony, it was Nick Poveda, Code Sanga, Chris Boobich, Yusai Kakuchi who just had another good start. And then the most interesting one is if you'd be willing, you know, if probably the top name would be and Rabbit, you know, if you're willing to kind of like ex sell high on and Rabbit in order to builo on Roman Anthony.
Speaker 2: Okay, my bylow is George Kirby, and I put this together before he pitched yesterday where he only allowed one and run six innings, just three strikeouts. But maybe he's kind of getting starting to shake off more of that rust and get back to what we expect out of him. So hopefully it's not too late to go after him. But like I said, I did put him in here when his ERA was still above six. But Kirby's just always a picture that I really liked. His walk rate is like double what it's been in his career, but he didn't get a spring training really like obviously he's coming, you know, with this injury that cost him the start of the season. He's only what seven starts into this twenty five year, he's one in four. He does have a strikeout per inning, which is better than he's given us the last two innings. That's largely driven by his fourteen strikeout game that he had a few starts to go. But this is a picture where the fastball velocity is where it was last year. Like it looks like he's, you know, reasonably healthy. I am just assuming that his slow start is simply rust and he's only twenty seven years old. Like I think he will be the George Kirby of old very soon. And if you can acquire him in a trade for somebody who doesn't I'm not gonna say has lost patience, but maybe doesn't have the ability to be patient because it's halfway through the season and you know, maybe somebody just like they need somebody who can contribute now because of where they are in the standings. I would try to get George Kirby because again, I think the second half he's gonna be that he's gonna be that same guy right where he is the era I think in the mid threes, Like he's not gonna walk anybody. He's gonna have a low whip. I like George Kirby a lot. The other thing worth noting, just as some of his numbers, the home run to fly ball rate is like sky high. His previous career high is ten percent and it's currently at almost eighteen percent, so that's that's obviously hurting him. His expected FIP is three five seven, which is almost identical to what it was a year ago. Its current FIP is four four nine, So I think the numbers will come down and he's going to look like his usual self going forward. So a lot of times we look at like the underlying numbers to make this case. This is more of just like the track record some of the underlying numbers, like that home run rate, and just trusting that he's going to shake off the rust.
Speaker 3: Random was tach comparison. I just noticed while looking at the stats while you're talking and kind of jumping between tabs, is that I thought I was looking at George Kirby when you were talking about his home run to fly ball rate. I was actually looking at Peter Armstrong and he also has an eighteen percent home run to fly already.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 4: I largely agree with you on Kirby.
Speaker 3: I was like a little not like down on him, but like probably like slightly blow Conciens is coming into season just because of what you said, You're not normally going to get that strikeout erinning, which is kind of what like a barometer of your that you're like looking for. But I think I agree with you. I think he's just off to a slow start. We've seen this with pitches before, like a Blake Snell last year who got off to a really slow start after not really having a spring training. A lot of us expected numbers are better, And I think I agree. I think this is rust whether or not we see it before the All Star break or maybe he just kind of needs to get to the All Star break kind of catch his breath, and then we see George Kirby in the second half.
Speaker 4: You see that a lot with players.
Speaker 3: It's like an unofficial like turnaround, you know, even though that's not like the exact in the first half second half of the year, like mid to year break.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you see players.
Speaker 3: Just like need to kind of like catch their breath reset, and then we just see a different player on the second half of Sometimes.
Speaker 4: It works the other way. A player that's really hot Cools off in the second half.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can even just look in June, like his first two starts came in May. If you take those out and just look at his June stats since returning, it is a three fifty four ERA, twenty eight strikeouts and twenty eight innings and a one to eleven whip. So like more walks than you're used to with him. But besides like that basically is George Kirby, if not maybe even a little better than last year with the strike up per inning Again, that is heavily weighted by the fourteen strikeout game he had against the Angels. The rest of his outings he has not had the strike out numbers that you usually want to see, but he like basically already is kind of getting back to what we expect, and the numbers it's still early enough that they're dragged down by those early starts. So I would I would try to get him before he goes on a tear, which I think is coming.
Speaker 3: You want me to look at a couple names that you would trade him for or no, sure, So he's pretty high in the trade value chart, all right, let me see, let me let me look for some comps here, is his value was pretty high, so he's not really devaluable.
Speaker 2: Well, this is what this is one that I was curious what your reaction was going to be in terms of, like, oh, he's not actually a by Low, or he's like at least too obvious of one that people won't be willing to like he's not attainable. So I was kind of curious what your thoughts were going to be on that side of things.
Speaker 3: I think he's trending towards not being a by Low. Like it's it's probably one of those situations where the window's closing, and maybe it already closed in some leagues, and maybe it's not closed yet another leagues.
Speaker 4: But I think.
Speaker 3: When you make a trade offer to someone and they look down and they see George Kirby's RAS five point four, I think there's still opportunity to buy there, even though he's pitch better of late. But I will say our trade value chart still hasn't pretty value valued pretty highly, and like he's in the range of Christian Yelich. Which would you rather have Yellich or Kirby rest this season?
Speaker 5: That probably just depends on what I need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alex Bregman, he just got hurt. But zach Netto like, these are pretty good names, so that tells you kind of where he's valued on the on the trade value.
Speaker 5: I think i'd rather have Bregman.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what's really to expect the injury stuff with him, but if he gets back healthy, I'd rather have Bregmann. But I'd rather have Kurby than that.
Speaker 4: O your boy, Say a Suzuki is in that range.
Speaker 5: Say has crushing it man?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I love Sir Lawrence Butler.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's pretty highly valued, I think is the ultimate takeaway here, but maybe worth trying. But maybe he's not a buyelove. And if he is not, then I apologize, But you're right. The season long numbers for him so far would suggest that he is. All right, let's go to your cell high.
Speaker 3: My cell high is Clark Schmidt, who is someone who's been on a heater and if I can scroll down to my notes so I don't just fly blind here. So Clark Schmid is a is a picture who's been really hot lately. Through twelve starts and nearly three months of the full season, he's got a two point far eight four ERA one point zero six whip and a four and three record to go with sixty five strikeouts in sixty nine and two thirds inning, so almost a strike up running. And after kind of a rough April, we had some bad luck, he rebounded with a solid May, and he was even better in June. And he's running hot right now, making it the perfect time to sell high on him. And he has a nearly identical era to when he posted over eighty five innings in twenty twenty four four versus two point a five, and so it could just be, you know, kind of his expected numbers are like slightly worse than that. It could just be that he's a pitcher who just routinely will outperformance expected numbers. I don't think we have a large enough sample size for to know that that's true or to think that that's true. So I do think that regression is coming, negative regression, if I want me to clarify, and so I lean towards the regression coming for him. I don't think he's this good. I don't think he's bad, but I don't think he's this good. And I think it's like again, like when you when you present a player like this in a trade and you look at those stats, and you look at that he pictures for a good team. I think you can get a decent value for him. And one of the names I flipped for him is a name we mentioned in our previous video. She wanted to go back and see us to talk about some rookies. I posed, can you flip him for Jack Hackling right now? You know, maybe that maybe that's selling too high, or maybe that's aiming too high, But you know, that's kind of where I would start the conversation. And maybe I can if that manager is frustrated and it's already gotten a few weeks of just below two hundred batting average to Jack Kygileione, he's only got those two home runs, he could do some pitching. Maybe he's willing to get out of the Jack kygli on business, and I'm willing to get into the Jack kagli on business.
Speaker 4: And so that's kind of where I would start.
Speaker 3: And if not there, maybe I'd take a flyer on a new look Maximnsey now that he's got glasses.
Speaker 4: TJ.
Speaker 3: Friedel, who was ironically sell high for me last week, but I you know, I would sell high slash, you know, on Clark to buy high on Friedel. Maybe his his stackcast profile is kind of all over the places. But lewis Arias he's got it really bizarre stack cast page, but he kind of always does. Or someone like Tommy Edmond, who is kind of you know, slowing down a little bit.
Speaker 4: He might be able to acquire him. For Clerksmith.
Speaker 5: That was a lot of turn Well he I think you could get kagleon, do you think so? Well, maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get again, the young guys struggling is like a really common thing now. So if somebody again we're talking redraft, of course, but somebody says like I don't have the ability to wait on him to figure it out, and I need pitching help. I could see managers saying, oh, this guy's pitching for the Yankee, so he's gonna get win opportunities the ras under three, Like, yeah, I'll take that for I think that's doable.
Speaker 3: And on the trade value but well I would I don't think you are way up because that's one of the reasons I picked him is that on the trade value chart they are within that same range, you know, and sometimes it takes you know, rookies a little bit longer to kind of a grocer fall, but you know where they are right now on the trade value chart, they're pretty pretty even, all right.
Speaker 2: My favorite sell high is Byron Buxton, who has been like kind of like, is it fair to say he's been sneaky awesome this year. I mean he's been on a heater as of late, which is which is really helped. But he's been insanely good. And it's a lot of red on the stat cast that there's there's some blue there too. There's not a lot of middle ground. It's pretty much every category it's either very red or very blue. You know, still has a pretty high wiff rate, strike cut rates of twenty seven percent, but he's hitting the ball really hard. His hard hit rate is over fifty percent and he's got seventeen home runs and thirteen stolen bases. Batting average is two seventy nine. Expected batting average is lower, but it's still over two fifty. This is like, I can kind of keep this really simple. It is strictly a this guy's never healthy, and if he's on this much of a heater, I would try and sell high while you can and get somebody back that you're a little more secure with, because you know, players don't tend to get healthier as they get older, and he's into his thirties now and obviously has a very long history of not playing full seasons. In fact, since twenty seventeen, he has played one hundred games in a season once. It was last year, and he only played one hundred and two games last season. He has not had four hundred plate appearances in his season since twenty seventeen, So, like, we know what the history is with this guy. He's playing so well right now, basically leading off every game with the homer that I think you should sell high while you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exclamation point co sign. I don't have a ton to add there, completely agree. I you know, he's kind of one of those talents that we were just robbed of because if he stays healthy for his entire career, like we're talking about a Hall of Famer here, because he's that good and can be that good when he is healthy. He's just never healthy. And then we've also seen him be kind of bad when he's healthy, but he's also he's so he's been so injured and so banged up throughout his career, Like it's impossible to know, like when was he like banged up when he put up those like poor numbers and just like leading into an injury kind of a thing. But you're always going to get that power speed.
Speaker 2: I will say, despite the fact that I'm saying you should sell high, I think his rest of season right now, King's really low. Like I'm very surprised by it. Overall, one hundred and twenty seconds. I think he's he's thirty fourth among outfielders in our consensus rest of season rankings. Like when healthy, he's going to far outperform that, and when not healthy, he's going to obviously be useless. So like I would have him higher honestly than Like, right right now in the overall rankings, he's one spot behind Anthony Santander.
Speaker 5: Like that to me just feels like that is a mistake.
Speaker 3: All injury, it's all people worried about the injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Santander is hurt and has been garbage this year, So I like that. I mean, he's just the first name that I saw.
Speaker 4: But what's this consensus outfield ranking.
Speaker 5: I think it's thirty four.
Speaker 4: Oh, I haven't below that.
Speaker 5: I was just looking at it.
Speaker 4: What's that I have him below that I haven't had forty three.
Speaker 5: See, I think that's great.
Speaker 2: Dude is thirty combined home runs and steels halfway through the season and is playing well.
Speaker 3: I don't have him above Santander, who I have at fifty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's more fair. Where do you You said you have forty three?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean he's really good.
Speaker 3: He's behind Michael Christia, Randi, Rosarana, Riley Green, Jason de Mingez. Maybe I should broke Jason ming Is down below him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he should higher than Jason de Mingus in my opinion, I'll move him right now.
Speaker 3: But it's all it's all like injury, because it's like, sure, buying Buckson is better than him, but like, what if he's not here in August?
Speaker 2: Would you rather have for the rest of this season Mike Trout or Byron Bucks Mike Trout. I mean they're equally likely to get hurt, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I have a lot invested in Mike Trout, so I need him to be better.
Speaker 5: So you're digging in your heels.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I took a firm stance before the season, and gosh darn it, I'm going to go down with the ship.
Speaker 2: I mean, Buckson has been like much better this year, and both have injury concerns, so like I would rather have Buckson than Trout.
Speaker 4: And Buckson is still running while Trout is not running much.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Buckson is when he hasn't been in the last few years. But I mean this is his most stolen bases he's had in a season since twenty nineteen, and he's only one behind that number, So he's like two stolen bases away from his second most in his career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's wilds down.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right.
Speaker 2: If you are struggling with lineup decisions, our lineup assistant recommends optimal lineup suggestions to maximize your team's performance each day or week. Just sink your league for tailored guidance based on your roster and league settings. Download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app or visit Fantasypros dot com slash MLB My Playbook to set your winning lineup today. Let's do waivers Central. I have Dominic canzone. Who is We often write down like where these guys are available? Sometimes I think I tend to go for the guys are who are much lower and it's like the kind of the deeper league, like something where your guys tend to be a little bit more rostered. This is an example where rather than writing down the percentages he is available everywhere there are I think it's like three percent rostered on fan tracks, one percent on Yahoo, one percent is like he is availab pretty much anywhere. I'm not saying this is this guy's gonna be a league winner for you the rest of the year or anything like that, but he is on a hot streak. The stack cast data is not he hasn't had enough at bats to kind of qualify for stuff, but it's pretty red. Is expected batting average to ninety two. Expected slugging it was over five hundred. His average exitvelocity is ninety two miles per hour. And what really stands out to me is his max ex velocity, which does kind of like reflect how well you're hitting pretty early on, it's one hundred and fifteen point nine miles per hour. That's top three percent in baseball, so impacting the ball like very hard. His strikeout rate is twelve point eight percent. Last year it was twenty eight point two percent. Again, these are in somewhat smaller sample sizes. He only h had under two hundred play appearances last year. He has under fifty this year. Still, that's a pretty steep drop off. Walkerates a little lower, but the striker being that low is you know, kind of makes me raise my eyebrows. This is one where I kind of just want to pick him up and ride the hot streak and he becomes a very droppable guy if he starts to fall off.
Speaker 5: But for the time.
Speaker 2: Being, if you need somebody who's on a bit of a power hot streak that maybe he maintains it longer than you expect, but if he doesn't, he becomes a droppable piece. I like having that kind of player on my team, honestly, So that's why he is my pick, despite the fact that he is at HEA's twelve percent roster on a fan tracks, so that's going up. But yeah, what do you think of Canzone.
Speaker 3: I think he's probably more of a deeply target for me, just because I don't know if there's a very high ceiling there. But yeah, I was trying to look at some of his like minor league stat members to see like because of the strike out Nomber is so low despite being higher last year, and he's kind of bounced around so much, but whether it's like between teams or between like levels, it's almost kind of hard to like pinpoint what his two strikeout number is like supposed to be because it's like it's like twenty five games here, twenty one games here, forty four games here, thirty five games here, and it's like it's twelve percent strikeout, seventeen percent fourteen, twenty two, nineteen, twenty thirty three, So it's kind of all over the place. It's we might just not know what his strikeout rate is supposed to be because a lot of times you can.
Speaker 2: We've had over he's had over twenty five at bats since his last strikeout.
Speaker 4: That's pretty corazy.
Speaker 5: His last strikeout was June fourteenth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he usually walks more.
Speaker 3: According to some of these sample sizes, you know, in like Triple you know, like in seventy one.
Speaker 4: Games in twenty twenty three Triple A, he.
Speaker 3: Walked him with thirteen percent of the time. His his walker was toow point eight and his strike card was third thirteen point two, so almost identical walk to strikeout rates. He's got a little bit of power, like a little bit of speed, but like not a ton of both. So the ceiling probably isn't really high there, which is what I kind of like consider with some of these things. But so I think it's either like a deep league target or like you said, a streamer of like if you just need a warm body who's like, you know, going to produce in the short term for you, but not a long term answer.
Speaker 4: I would say no.
Speaker 5: And I'm not trying to paint the case that he is. All Right, who's your favorite here?
Speaker 3: So mine is, uh, someone we've we've talked about a lot on the show that we both really like is Chandler Simpson, who got called up. And the reason I included him here is because he was called up like earlier this week and in a lot of leagues you may like missed a window to pick him up because it was like after like lineups locked. I know there were a couple leagues where I was able to, like if I was stashing him and I was able to like sneak him in before you know, like.
Speaker 4: That position locked.
Speaker 3: But he's still only thirty one percent roster around Yahoo, and so he's still widely available everywhere. He's only eleven percent ROSTERU on ESPN. And one of the reasons I stashed him in in a couple of leagues is because he's like a stolen base cheed code. He's the kind of guy where if you're struggling, especially in like a rot league, if you're struggling at stolen base, he's good for like four or five spots in the standings just by himself. Just he'll he'll just pull, you know, assuming the Rays keep him up and he runs the way he can. He's he's a category changer, and he will almost carry that.
Speaker 4: Category on his own.
Speaker 3: And you know there are very few players who can do that with one category. For you, He's not going to offer much power, but he's showed he's gonna he can have a really good average. He's going to score some runs and steal some bases and uh, you know, especially the stile bases alone.
Speaker 4: You know, he's a game changer for especially in ROTO.
Speaker 2: Like totally agree, I was stashing him everywhere I could for the exact reasons you laid out. So if he's available anywhere because of him getting dropped from the surprise send down, like pick him up. I want to start him in every categories league that I can, because he, like you said, he'll single handedly get you to competitive and steals if not winning steals for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bonus I had there is Austin Hayes, who's working his baby way back from an injury, has been really productive this year and was dropped in a lot of places because he's just been like, I don't off the injured.
Speaker 4: List if I look at his roster, right.
Speaker 3: I looked it up before and I almost didn't include him because I thought it's roster I was going to be too high. Eighteen percent on Yahoo, so he's still widely available, only twelve percent in ESPN. So if you need an outfielder who's capable of producing for you, Austin Hayes is available in a lot of places, so I would pick him up for sure.
Speaker 2: Two pictures that I'm going to give you, I considered both Orioles, guys who have been kind of pitching well, as of late Trevor Rodgers, who ended up not being my main choice. But I just wanted to shout him out because he's made three starts since getting called back up, and two of them he's been like really awesome. He legitimately shoved and the velocity is up for him. I didn't actually write down what it was, so I'm gonna pull it up while i'm talking here, But the fastball velocity was looking much better than it had been previously in the last Yeah, it's up two miles per hour over last year, and that just gets it to ninety three point seven. But in the last game it was like he was like sitting ninety five, like touching ninety six.
Speaker 5: So whatever the Oils did.
Speaker 2: At least three starts in appears to be working pretty well, even with one bad start in that mix. He's got a one sixty two ERA, thirteen strikeouts in sixteen and two thirds innings, a zero point seven to eight whips, So I.
Speaker 1: Don't know how it's gonna last. But this is somebody they.
Speaker 2: Went out and traded for last year, giving up two like reasonable prospects and Kyle Stowers and Connor Norby.
Speaker 5: So and he's only twenty seven.
Speaker 2: He's had a good year in the past, even though it was like four years ago, so I'd be interested in him. But then the other the Orols picture that I really with is Charlie Morton, who's thirty six percent roster on Yah who thirteen percent ESPN forty seven percent on CBS, And like, his season long stats are going to look terrible because he was so bad, I thought he should retire after April. Like he he could not have been worse in the first month of the season. In fact, the first six starts he made he got the loss he gave up at least I think it was four earned runs in each one of those.
Speaker 5: Like he was, he was horrific.
Speaker 2: They they kind of gave him a reset, put him in the bullpen for a few games in mid May, they brought him back to the starting rotation, and he's been really good since then. What he didn't have in April was the use of his curve ball, which is his like, you know, his main best pitch, and it was not working for him in April for whatever reason. This guy's in his forties, Like sometimes you just lose it. It's been working for him since coming back since May twenty sixth. These are his outings six innings, two earned runs, five strikeouts, seven and two thirds innings, no earned runs, seven strikeouts, one bad start in there, two and a third innings, four earned runs, five strikeouts, five innings, no earned runs, ten strikeouts, six innings, one earned runs, seven strikeouts, and then five innings, three earned runs, three strikeouts. So even in the games that are now bad for him, there are not disastrous, going to ruin your weak type of bad. Like we saw against the Rangers. He wasn't his best attic, but it was still three and run in five innings. Like, if that's your your floor at picture, with what he's given you as a ceiling last month, I think that's pretty good. I'm not saying I'm gonna hold on him the rest of the season, but I want to be picking him up. I want to at least have him rostered in case like this turnaround is legitimate and he's something close to Charlie Morton of old moving forward, because that's basically what he's been the last you know, five six weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of hard to get that floor out of your mouth when you've seen like what he can be. Also, what do you how many more stars do you think he makes for the LS before he gets traded.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he does end up getting traded, though he's likely going to a better team and more opportunity for wins, so it's a reasonable question he in the oh. I was looking at this the other day and now I don't have it up in front of me. I was looking at just kind of where he ranks amongst all pitchers since mid May. I think I put the number at like May eighteenth or something, and he is like, he's been very, very good.
Speaker 5: Like it's not just that he's improved.
Speaker 2: From the point I'm trying to make is that it's not just that he's improved from where he was in April. He's been one of the better pitchers in fantasy baseball. Not the best, but one of the better pictures in fantasy baseball for over a month at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for me, the only thing I would like would be hard for me to forget is like, is you know we've seen what like the bad bad can be from Charlie Morton, and like when you pick him up and you're starting him, like I would always be wondering, like, please don't let this be the Niner and run start, Please don't let this be the Niner and run stars.
Speaker 2: And then Rogers say I'd pick him up and like auto start him, but like I would just want to get him on the roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then Trevor Rodgers first off, bad trade, Like I didn't understand that trade at the time. I don't get it now at least he's finally starting to pitch good. I wrote a pitch well, sorry bad English, but I remember being like liking Trevor Rodgers in Dynasty five years ago and then just wondering kind of what happened, because he came you know, twenty twenty one, one hundred and fifty seven strikeouts and one hundred and thirty three innings like mid twos CRA and you were like, all right, like this guy might be something. And then he came out the next year and he just dunk five point four to seven ERA. And then even when he kind of came back worked his way back from some injuries and was back in twenty twenty four, it was almost five YRA, and he wasn't like, you know, we saw one hundred and fifty seven strikeouts and one hundred and thirty three innings. Now he wasn't even striking out a bat or perinning. It was ninety seven strikeouts and one hundred and twenty four innings. So I hope for his sake he is really back and is like turning into the you know, the pitcher who you know, this guy's a former first round pick, Like he's not just a crumb that they pulled out of nowhere. You know, he does have some some pedigree that people saw coming up, and so for his sake, I hope he figured it out. It's a really small sample size, though, it's kind of hard to know what we're looking at here.
Speaker 5: All right, run me through your favorite pitture.
Speaker 3: So my favorite picture is Jacob Lopez, who just kind of he kind of did come out of nowhere, maybe not necessarily, but kind of kind of came out of nowhere. And he's just been continued continuing to pitch really well. Mid three is era fifty five strikeouts and forty three innings. He's just been pitching even better of late. You know, he just against the Tigers, you know, one of the better surprisingly better teams in baseball.
Speaker 4: Seven shoutout in.
Speaker 3: Six strikeouts, and that was his third quality start in a row with he had six strikeouts in that start and then his previous stew he had nine strikeouts in each of those quality starts and only wonder and run over those last three starts. So he's on a heater right now, pitching really well. And you know, I don't love that he has to pitch in that home ballpark, but overall, he's someone who's like streaking running hot right now. And if you can, you know, get a pitcher who's doing some good things, he is one of them.
Speaker 4: My bonus.
Speaker 5: The other guys my boness I wrote.
Speaker 3: That a few My bonus is Ema She and who you talked about last week, and like you talked about how you wrote up or you talked up Chase Burns and then got called up. I talked up m and she and it got sent down and it was no fault of his own. They just like needed some bullpen help. But it seems like he's gonna be coming back up soon. They have some limitations and when they can pick him back up just because of the rules unless there's an injury. But the Dodgers need so much pitching. But I think he's gonna be back up soon, and so I would definitely pick him up and stash him for now because I think he's gonna be back up soon and he should be pitching pretty well for a really good Dodgers team. And you can kind of get him for nothing now. And then, first and foremost, because of the timing last week, like we talked about Chandler Simpson, Chase Burns was also kind of called up at an interesting time. And so there are leagues like like I'm in tgfbis is n f NFBC league. You couldn't pick up Chase Burns before we made an appearance, And so he's available in NF NFBC leagues this weekend, and he's going to go for massive fab bids like four hundred dollars fat bids of a thousand dollar budget like forty.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 3: And you know, in our ESPN Fantasy League for work, I picked up Chase Burns today because it's a daily roster league and it's like really small rosters. I know when to picked him up yet, and I had just not considered, Like I'm you know, every whenever I think about like a player like that, I'm like, oh, he's already rostered in my leagues. And I was like, let me check that ESPN league. I bet he's not rostered. I already wasn't, So I picked him up. I ended up dropping Kevin Gosman for him. What do you think about that move.
Speaker 2: Bad Kevin Gosman shoved today, that's all right, eight shutout innings.
Speaker 4: Nice. I think I actually got at it for that start.
Speaker 5: Oh, because of when he picked him up. Then that's helpful. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I am in this league, yes, I like that. I don't know how I feel in other leagues, but in this league, yes, I like that move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'm kind of in that league.
Speaker 3: For context, we we end the season this week and already start like a long playoffs and then we have like multiple leagues where you have to win your league and then go to playoff against someone else. And I'm already trying to like I'm in first place or no, I'm in second place, but I'm like tied with the first place person, and we're head to head this week for first overall in that league. And so I'm already trying to like line up my playoff roster because you because of like the different rules and stuff, you're limited who you can pick up. So I want to burn some my roster.
Speaker 2: Now I'm facing our pal fits to try and make the playoffs in that league.
Speaker 3: Concerns for me in that league because you know it's over in July.
Speaker 5: Exactly, all right, very quickly run through your deep league targets.
Speaker 3: All right, So deep league targets pitchers who should be pictures and hitters who should be available in most places. They can help you either like short term or yeah, mostly short term. I would say a couple of them are more longer term, but more mostly short term. Ryan Nelson, a pitcher for the Diamondbacks, has been picturing pretty well. Edward Cabrera is surprisingly not rostered everywhere, and we'll talk about him a little bit on the next video, and we talk about streaming pitchers, but he has an upcoming two start week and is pretty available. And you know, someone that we've liked in the past, Colton Gordon, the pitcher for the Astros, is pitching pretty well. Tyler Anderson. I feel like I've mentioned him just kind of throughout the year. He continues to be under rostered and continues to be very valuable in deep leagues, continues to pitch well. He's just a savvy veteran. He doesn't have like sexy stuff, but he's just really good at limiting hard contact and continuing to put up, you know, solid numbers in deeper leagues, not necessarily in like your standard league, he's not going to do a whole lot for you, but like in those fifteen team leagues, absolutely you need to roster Tyler Anderson. He's been doing really well. Connor Norby is someone I've been surviving on third base in some deeper leagues just you know, like a little bit power, a little bit of speed, a.
Speaker 4: Little bit of production.
Speaker 3: They didn't really have a whole lot else going there, and so you know, in a deeper league, Connor Norby is available and can help you out at a week third base position. Gary Sanchez your boy now that Adley Rutchman is hurt in two catcher.
Speaker 5: League, not my boy.
Speaker 3: In two catcher league, Gary Sanchez is available. It's been doing some things. You know, it's kind of gross to think about in twenty twenty five Gary Sanchez, but in two catcher league he's he can help you. And then when Seale Prez is the last one who's been hitting pretty well and is still available in a lot of leaks.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll go ahead and wrap up this segment. There, be sure to check out Round on the Bases.
Speaker 5: If you miss it should already be posted on YouTube or wherever you listen.
Speaker 2: To your podcast, and keep an eye out for our Pitching Streamers segment coming up later this weekend.
Speaker 5: For Mayor, I'm Ryan Warmlan. Thanks for tuning in. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 1: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us.
Speaker 2: Is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB