Speaker 1: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning, and this is your Second Date podcast. But I don't want to give any spoilers if you didn't listen to yesterday's episode, but I will say it sounds like we got a lot of positive feedback about doing an awkward Thursday phone call.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did.
Speaker 3: We got hell yes, screw love and dates, give us more awkward. I'm so freaking happy. I'm constantly searching for old awkwards.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard.
Speaker 4: People want more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one said, I'm all for awkward Thursdays. Someone said Tuesdays and Thursdays are my longest days of college classes, so having them fits my routine matters.
Speaker 5: So awkward Thursday.
Speaker 2: We tried it yesterday. All right, if you haven't heard it.
Speaker 1: Go listen to yesterday's episode and then come right back here.
Speaker 5: Well it's funnier naturally Thursday.
Speaker 2: Or Tuesdays, probably Thursday. Well, there was good.
Speaker 3: I mean, people said it was the best sound effect ever, so fun.
Speaker 5: It was fun.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, go back and listen to that and then come right back here, because we got a Second Date update that is starting for you right now.
Speaker 5: Second Date Update on a scale of one to ten, How attractive, would you say I am. That's the question I don't want any in this room to answer, because I already know I was going.
Speaker 2: To ask if you were talking when we had to rate you.
Speaker 5: I already know that I am an eight point three five two.
Speaker 2: That is very weird number.
Speaker 5: That's the number that my mom rated me at our last Thanksgiving Day. Well, she's honest, and I like that. She said she didn't like that my teeth weren't straight enough.
Speaker 2: You didn't follow up with a retainer.
Speaker 5: It's something about me isn't straight enough and she doesn't like it. I can't remember anyway. It's always interesting, though, to rate yourself, because personally, I'd rate me a soft seven and that's moving extra generous to myself there.
Speaker 2: That's on a good day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so numbers are going to fluctuate based on the eye of the beholder. But what if you had a hack that could guarantee the next person you go out with is definitely up to your attraction standards?
Speaker 2: Really is a hack for that.
Speaker 5: Apparently, because one of our listeners, Blaine, says he figured out that hack and we all need to learn it today. So Blaine, welcome to the seven and underclub. Happy to have a bunch of over here.
Speaker 6: How you doing, man, I'm good, happy to be here. Well, also, I can't say that I I didn't come up with the scory myself, you know, like it was definitely a lot of social media helped with it.
Speaker 1: Oh, a hack ahead, take credit.
Speaker 2: Well that's really funny.
Speaker 1: What do you write yourself, Blaine before we go into your hack, so we know what your level is.
Speaker 6: I'm anywhere between like a zero to like a ten, you know, so somewhere in there.
Speaker 5: The whole scale. Okay, what would your mom rate you? That's a better question than my mom.
Speaker 6: She didn't like me very much.
Speaker 7: Maybe like a three.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it must not be hard to find someone up to your level.
Speaker 2: Blame if you don't really have a level.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I guess I'm a little bit. Uh, I like just shoot out of my league a little bit. It's got to be seven and up.
Speaker 5: Okay, good for man? High game high? Yeah, I'm super high, and that's why I've been single for what ten years?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, eventually one of these is going to stick. So tell us though about this theory that you found online.
Speaker 6: This thing said all the most attractive people in the world are born on the fifth, fourteenth or twenty third of the month.
Speaker 5: Oh, I missed it by a date.
Speaker 1: Ie, anybody here I was supposed to be born on the fourteenth, Does that count?
Speaker 5: No, you baked for too long. I'm the twenty fourth.
Speaker 6: I'm over as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're just looking at people's birthdays.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I started typing in the dates, and uh, I would kind of look and see the pictures that came up on my like suggested page, and if any of them were obvious, like birthday posts, where.
Speaker 5: Were you typing these in on what suggested page?
Speaker 6: On any social media? Tried to on a few different ones, you know, Instagram.
Speaker 1: And pap Okay, okay, See you just type in like, let's say October twenty third, right, yeah, or September fourteenth.
Speaker 6: Right, anything that falls in that day, and then you can click on photos. And so I saw somebody with a party head or like something on then I would look at it and be like, happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Said hashtag birthday.
Speaker 6: Yeah you know, yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: And how was the talent on those dates?
Speaker 6: Look, the scale was pretty right on, like it was it was eights and tins all the way through absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, were able to use that to your advantage in some way?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So I just kind of compile a list and then I just copy and pasted like a generic DM that was like, hey, your profile popped up for me, and you have the same birthday as my sister and it's the numbers game. So I sent like two hundred of these.
Speaker 5: Who oh yeah, I'm busy.
Speaker 2: That is a big net, sir.
Speaker 6: Look I've been striking out for a while. TI.
Speaker 4: I mean it was like, it's true, man, you got a castlewat and I like your honesty.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Okay, how did you do with your two hundred messages to beautiful women?
Speaker 6: So didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I actually thought that'd be higher.
Speaker 6: What I would say, like ten or fifteen of them message back and said OMG, no way, small world like type of thing. And then I kind of looked in the ones that were really close to me, and there was one Yeah, and I did get a date out of it, actually, with one that I really really thought was cute the whole time.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, one hundred the widest net I've ever heard cast, and you narrowed it down to one girl in one date.
Speaker 2: This is awesome. I feel like this is like sales cold Calleen.
Speaker 6: Is what it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so sorry. I know you mentioned what was her.
Speaker 6: Name, Delilah?
Speaker 5: Delilah? Yeah, okay, and what did you and Delilah do for your meetup?
Speaker 6: So, I mean we DM for a little while, and then I finally asked her out to meet up for a happy hour at a bar. And she was really cute and she came in and uh, she brought a Starbucks gift card and it was like, hey, give this to your sister because she's my birthday twin.
Speaker 2: Guilty because you lied at that point.
Speaker 6: I still feel real guilty. She still doesn't know that my sister's birthday is not the same as that. But I mean I looked at it. It was cute. It was only for like ten dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, so it wasn't even really a very good birthday gift anyway.
Speaker 6: I tell you, I'm she doesn't even know my sister, you know, all right, as.
Speaker 2: You have one. I guess, yeah, I don't know her birthday.
Speaker 5: That's a good start to the day. How did it go?
Speaker 6: I thought it went really well, but there, I mean, there was a few things that I kind of have honed in one that, uh, like, my anxiety brain won't really let go.
Speaker 5: You're thinking something like you did was wrong.
Speaker 6: I mean I won't say wrong, but I think maybe it probably took her back a little bit. I don't know, it maybe came once too strong because I compliment her maybe too many times about how pretty she was, like six or seven times.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I haven't been on a date with somebody that's attractive. And then I don't know, I was a little drunk and feeling myself, so I was just kind of trying to be completely honest.
Speaker 5: Friends. I mean, as long as you left it like you're so pretty and didn't elaborate all the details about why, then nothing might be safe.
Speaker 1: People love compliments, but there is a point where it's like, why are you so shocked?
Speaker 5: Okay, so how did that date end?
Speaker 6: Oh? Just a little kiss?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 6: It's something she went inside and I heard from room. I mean, if you reached out at all, yeah, I'd Sarah techon MESA and she hasn't responded yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, And maybe she found out your mom rated you with three and so then she lost interest. But we're gonna come back, We'll called Delilah for you and try and get you your second date. Update. Right after this second date update, we just learned about a brand new hot dating hack from one of our listeners, blame. That made us all turn our heads and say, wow, this is ground breaking. All the ground is literally cracking. I am never gonna look at the world the same ever again. After because Blaine was not having success on the dating apps, and he saw a social media post saying all the most attractive people in the world were born on either the fifth, fourteenth, or twenty third of the month, whatever month that is. So he went online, put those dates into Facebook and Instagram, and if a photo of an attractive woman blowing out birthday candles came up, he made sure to reach out to her sex.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, every single woman he saw.
Speaker 5: Two hundred hundred messages were sent, and out of all those, a handful of conversations happened, and he ended up going out on a date with a woman named Delilah. And as far as we know, she has no clue, but maybe just knowing all of the lengths that you went to in order to find her would actually impress her. Blaine no, when does that story come out?
Speaker 6: I think I'm gonna have to wait till she does that. We'll date for a while. She does something really bad and then I'm like, oh, I forgive you okay, so.
Speaker 2: Toxic, really bad. You're like, I knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew we needed the only one out of two hundred that messaged me back something.
Speaker 5: But we really don't know what the issue is, what's going on with her, why they're not hanging out. But we're about to find out.
Speaker 2: That's the fun part. You ready for this plane?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I'm ready.
Speaker 5: We're gonna try our hardest. Here, let's style number. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Delilah. Hey Delilah, hope you're having a good day. That's about to get even better because you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Delilah.
Speaker 7: Oh hey guys.
Speaker 2: Oh you know the show? Sweet?
Speaker 7: I don't, but it's cool to hear from you.
Speaker 2: You're a radio station, are you?
Speaker 4: Are you this nice to like scammers who call to sometime like I don't need a car warranty, but you sure have a great day and family?
Speaker 5: Aren't that nice? To us. A pleasure talking to you, but we do have a reason for calling because we're doing something called a second date update. Okay, that's we're One of our listeners is trying to get a hold of you to hang out one more time. You've been out with him once. His name is Blaine.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Blame you like blame Blaine.
Speaker 7: We're really cool. We had a great time. We kind of met on social media.
Speaker 5: Okay, And I'm going to stop you real quick because we've actually spoken to Blaine before we called you, and we kind of heard all the details about how you met and how you guys went out to a bar and you brought him like a cool Starbucks gift card.
Speaker 2: Gris sister. He thought that was really set.
Speaker 7: We have the same birthday and sister. Yah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So the question that Blaine has that he's going through us hoping to get some answers for is why are you not wanting to see him again? If that's true?
Speaker 7: If I'm honest now, because I wasn't honest then I stretched the truth about my age on my social media and we were having such a great time. I felt a little guilty about being dishonest.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 5: You know, I think a lot of people stretch a little bit, like if you're twenty seven, you'll say twenty five. Sure, how much did you stretch the number by? Its we go in like three years or forty years?
Speaker 7: About four years stretch four.
Speaker 1: What's interesting about that is he didn't notice at all, would have brought that up to us, like you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think feel bad. You know, four years isn't that big of a difference at all, you know.
Speaker 7: But I just felt really weird about it because he bought it up on the date and I didn't correct.
Speaker 1: So, like he said, you're I mean, what are you saying you are on social media?
Speaker 7: Well, my social media says that I'm thirty two, okay, but I'm thirty six.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, And can I.
Speaker 2: Just ask why why do you lie about it?
Speaker 7: You know, it was just something that I did, and I just never went back and changed it.
Speaker 5: I mean, she's not putting it onto like a dating app trying to like trick guys. It's just something on her personal social media page that I think.
Speaker 3: My Facebook says I'm whileder because I wasn't allowed to make it at the age when Facebook, Yeah stretch.
Speaker 5: Okay, but I mean that doesn't sound like he did anything wrong. That sounds like you're just feeling guilty that you didn't one hundred percent come clean.
Speaker 7: Right. I'm just a really honest person, and it felt really weird to start off this new relationship on a lie, Okay.
Speaker 1: And so it was easier to go to him than to come clean and tell him the truth.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I didn't want to look stupid for life about something so small.
Speaker 5: Okays. Well, I know you're an honest person. On this show, we tend not to be sorry.
Speaker 2: But if we do have any guilt about it, that is.
Speaker 5: That's what this is so hard for me to be honest with you and let you know that Blaine has actually been on the other line listening this entire time.
Speaker 7: That's not true.
Speaker 5: I wish I could say that, but it is, Blaine. Are you there?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: Hey, Hey, I don't know what to say right now.
Speaker 6: I mean, I can, I can start it. Uh, that doesn't bother me. I don't care, Like what age is, just the number.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: You look great. I honestly thought you look younger than thirty two, So.
Speaker 5: I don't think you're saying she doesn't seem like she's a thirty six year old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, you can kind of choose your own age, right, I don't care.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's a good rule to live, but oh yeah, that is my thing. I think the government. Look what you've done.
Speaker 6: Somebody says you look twenty six or twenty six. I think that's how she thinks that.
Speaker 7: That is so right, right, I hear that. It makes me feel a little bit better, But I just I feel really bad when you brought it up, blaming on the date, Like my eyes got really big, and I didn't know what to say to you.
Speaker 6: So I could I could probably make you feel a little bit better. So the whole when we first started talking, I kind of lied to you about my sister.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 6: Wait, you don't have a sister, No, no, no, no, I do I have a sister, But I just I don't know. You're so beautiful, and I really wanted to talk to you, so I just kind of lied about the about her birthday and your birthday being the same, just because I don't know. I just kind of wanted to start a conversation with you.
Speaker 7: Wait, you lied about her birthday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, it was just the way I wanted to talk to you. You're so beautiful. I wanted to you said that.
Speaker 7: So where's my gift card? I want my gift card back.
Speaker 6: I'll bring it back to Hey. We can go in a second, and I'll pay for Starbucks. How about that?
Speaker 7: I don't understand. How did you figure out that my birthday? How did you figure out when my birthday was?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: God, look all right, come on, I don't know. This is too much to say. On somebody said at one point that most attractive people's birthdays are the fifth, of fourteenth and the twenty third, So I kind of made a Facebook search for people with those birthdays. Oh my god, what a shows you like? I didn't. I only messaged you.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: Did you hear what she just said about that she caught you a loser?
Speaker 2: Bro? No, maybe she's talking about the guy who came up with that theory on.
Speaker 7: TikTok, I mean both of them.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he was just having a hard time. You know how hard dating is.
Speaker 7: It's really hard to find honest people. Also, that's why dating is so hard.
Speaker 5: Delilah, you were just saying how guilty and horrible that you felt about yourself that you weren't completely honest with him, and now.
Speaker 7: It was a mistake.
Speaker 6: Well, look, you said that I was a really cool person and we would have never met up if I hadn't gone through all that and gotten in touch with your over social media.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I didn't know you were an online creep such in the dirt web for people's.
Speaker 2: Birth it is.
Speaker 5: Living in the.
Speaker 7: Dark ages and even light on your sister, No.
Speaker 5: Successful relationship has ever started with total honesty. So like, this is actually not a bad place to jump off from, and we'd love to send you out on one more date that we would pay for. Not you do, iwa, not with the gift cards or anything on us one hundred percent give him a chance.
Speaker 7: I just I really hate dishonesty, so I'm gonna have to pass.
Speaker 5: But coming from someone pretending to be a thirty two year old online that was an accident.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know how this call devolved into what it was, But coming from this twenty three year old GQ model, I think I think love is possible if you just give it a chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, I your career, Jeff, Well, where's the line.
Speaker 6: You're right? Love is possible. That's why I'm messaging two hundred more later today.
Speaker 5: A successful second date update lurky Jeffrey in the morning. Man, people are just not forgiving enough anymore.
Speaker 2: You think that's what it is. I wanted them to go out. I think they would have been so cute.
Speaker 5: I think that's the problem. It's like it's forgiveness because let's recap. Delilah was not honest about her age, and Blaine heard that and said, you know what, it's okay, I don't care. I like you, and then Blaine goes, I also kind of wasn't honest about my sister's birthday, and Delilah went, how dare you you deserve to suffer a lonely, painful das or something along those lines.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know that she went that far, but basically tell me.
Speaker 5: That effect it should have been. Even Stevens have been like, Okay, I lied, there were equal lives. We're both honest.
Speaker 1: They I think we're concentrated the wrong thing. There was honesty at the end. That's the thing that we should have. But once he said a d M.
Speaker 2: Two hundred women, why why.
Speaker 5: Is that it's no different than meeting on the dating apps, you're messaging probably five hundred women there and only going out with one.
Speaker 2: It just makes you feel like a loser.
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: It just I'm sorry, it's just how it is.
Speaker 5: Why can't as a society we just be more accepting about the creative ways that people connect online, because you know, nobody wants to meet in person anymore in public, but no girl wants to be one of two hundred messages either like you got to have a middle or.
Speaker 1: Why can't we just agree that there's some things that just shouldn't be said, even if we love honesty.
Speaker 5: There you know, I'm gonna say something so mean right now, but you know what I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna restrain, restrain myself and just say, you know what, if you want some help with your dating life, email the show.
Speaker 2: What are you going to be?
Speaker 7: Mean?
Speaker 5: Just bank you man, I don't know all that person who hasn't calling you back