Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for comedo Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Oh Man.
Speaker 1: We are halfway there. We're living on a prayer. It's a home day, everybody. Yeah whoo, which means two things. Midweek major with Sammy Sweetheart, the biggest stories in sports and pop Cultureay, we decide are they mid stories week or major stories? Oh? There's some juicy stories today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it's been a good decade since that Camel Hope Day commercial. Is it retro enough? What you can actually jokingly say it? Now? Bring it back? I'm bringing back winning. I'm bringing that back. What about?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I'm bringing that back to? What? Fox Sports Radio Nation. We're also debuting a new game today. Do I even announce the title? You know what? Let me think about it. Let's rock out perfect Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. We're gonna be giving away prizes. Let's just say, Mike, who runs this place is gonna stop by, but we're gonna try something new. Mike who runs his place, And you know what I'm doing today, I'm called out jealous fatties. All dude, that sounds like fighting words, jealous fatties, you know. I there's a lot of fight stories Allah the Braves and Angels last night. But we're broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. If you miss any of today's show, you want to catch the podcast, search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and be sure to rate, follow and review. You can say rate and rock, rate and rock out with us, right and of course we're streaming live as we speak at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube at Covino and Rich FSR. I hope you had an Amed Rosario sort of night. Dude hit two bombs last night from my Yankees. I hope you had a do I call this guy the moon guy. Let's just say the coverage at the Rays game was last night was just as good, if not better than Artemis too, because I saw a full moon last night. It's all over the place. Is this guy's fat ass all over social media, television everywhere. Before we dive it today today's show, like that guy did in a row d oh, and that was horrible. Question is so funny? Question is one of the best clips if you have it. This the beauty of sports. You always see something new. If you haven't seen it, I don't know if you post it. I posted at Rich Davis on my inside post at the minute I saw it last night. So my question is this the fat dude that dives to the ball and his pants completely fall down. Can we go over how that even happens? Okay, I want to go step by step, Like, all right, foul ball comes are at Tampa. There's a foul ball into the stands. This don Vito looking fat guy sun, This don Vito guy, He's like, I got it, I got it, I got it. Oh, and all of a sudden he misplays it. He misplays it. He's tracking down this foul ball. He's like by himself in the premium seats. His pants completely fall down, and he moons there's a lot of Moon coverage this week. He moons all the fifty fans that are there, and then everybody watching on TV, and of course it goes viral on social media and the announcers. I think they mute their mics because they crack up laughing behind the scenes because there's like broadcast silence for the next minute and a half. Well, to quote Reggie and the Nutty Professor, it's a full mode tonight exactly what that was hilarious And if you have not seen it, I don't know where the hell you've been, but it was one of the best crowd shots in the history of sports. It's more popular than this guy today.
Speaker 5: He like lunges for the ball too, Like he's all by himself in this section and like he kind of goes one direction and then like his.
Speaker 1: I was about to call Danny g and be like, track this guy down for tomorrows show, and I'm like, there's no way this guy would ever do anything.
Speaker 2: He's hanging low. He's hanging low.
Speaker 1: Imagine if that was like dad or uncle or he's hanging low. While you saw the frontal shot, I didn't see the frontal shot. Answer hanging low. So here's the question, though again, before we dive into all the rest of the fun we have today, please figure out I don't know what it is, and I'm not here to get down on heavy set folks. But like, I see a lot of people that are bigger and their cracks are hanging out, and I'm like, do they not feel the wind? Like, You'll not even get used to it. Problem, You'll never catch I feels like a nice breeze. You'll never catch me with my crack hanging out. Because what do you feel if your underwear was hanging low or something? It happens. I mean I could tell, but it happens. Sometimes. The thing is, I think he's wearing sweatpants and the string gives or something in the moment. But if he was pants fall right down, and that would be embarrassing in any setting. Imagine you're at a ballpark. Imagine if it's on camera, Imagine if it's all over social media. That's the crazy part of this story. This dude's asses everywhere. If you remember in the eighties or nineties, we all lived in the culture. Maybe it was just my high school. You guys remember the old prank. It was wrong, but you were probably a victim at least once. And you watch people pants someone. It was very eighties or nine. Did you call it pantsing or d pantsing? We called it pantsing his pantsing, Yeah, yeah. Like, let's say I was Sam was on the playground talking to a girl. Someone would sneak up behind Sam a little and then he'd stand there in its tidy white he's like, Oh. There was a kid whose reputation was permanently ruined at my elementary school because we were playing kickball at recess. Someone snuck up behind him and gave him a little wow. And it wasn't that he was in his undies or he had a Spider Man underwear. His reaction time was so bad. Instead of pulling up his sweats and be like, you guys are a holes, he just stood there with his hands across for a good ten seconds total shock, to the point where I think some of his buds were like, dude, by the way, the best way to pull this trick off. My favorite antic back in the day was let's see who's taller, and let me see how much taller I am, or vice versa, and you stand back to back and yep. But this guy, he went for it and his asses all over the place.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: What is it is? It was he wearing like big fellow sweats that the d like you said, the last to go the string or something gay think something just popped down. Does that Guys wear their pants one of two ways you do the farley of the Dumpty Chris Christy the Dumpty is the Chris Christie move where that's where you put a belt along your belly right over the farley is under the belly where the fact guy's belly flops over. I think this was an under the belly situation farley. Yeah, it was a farley because it would it would have traveled much further if it was over the belly. And is it was so embarrassing if you don't know the Dumpty picture that Chris Christie picture where he played in like a charity softball or baseball game. Look, it's the Dumpty Like he was using his belly as the belt. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Do we know if this fan ended up with the ball.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He ended up with embarrassment for him and his whole family, that's what he ended up.
Speaker 2: I was just hoping he got the ball. After that.
Speaker 1: However, he did go viral, and in today's world that means something. So hey, congratulations to him, because his ass is all over the news, all over social media. It was all over that game and all over the coverage. So again Artemis two didn't capture that. You know, we got it.
Speaker 5: I watched that like twenty five times and I laughed like a NonStop for a twenty.
Speaker 1: This is so we all know the embarrassment, but imagine it at that level. It's so funny. So who would have thought the week where we got the best pictures of the moon in the history of planet Earth, they weren't even the best moon funnels. And by the way, if you're in the car, you know, keep your eyes on the road. We'll post it at Covino and Rich. We made a whole little montage of it. Spots working on that as we speak at Coveno and Rich on social media, and you know your thoughts. I hope you I hope your neck was better than his. Remember I said yesterday how the old timer who can't print out as Dodgers tickets as an opportunity for the Dodgers. Oh, old man Errol eighty one years old. And I was like, the Dodgers could have Otani print out the tickets, give it to him, or maybe Spectrum or T Mobile has a partnership, Like give this guy a smartphone. This you know, you think the Rays need to do something. The Rays forget the raise. One of our sponsors, Dude Wipes needs to break out the you know what do they always say extra large dude wipes could clean up any mess they need to be like if you got it, ask like this guy and then just you know, flash that dude wipes. I don't know if due wipes can clean up that mess, man, But I mean everything has limits. Yeah, you know, maybe maybe it's a sponsorship for like some sort of Haines underwear, some sort of partnership with depens or something.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The guy was wearing underwear, I mean as far as I could see the elastico. Maybe who knows. So that was last night. There was some brawls, there were some booties. Imagine you're there right by the way, You're close enough to this fan. They got it on camera and now the guy's everywhere. But imagine they didn't. You would never have been able to paint that picture to your friends, like your guy in the next section fell and his asses out, like you would have never been able to tell that story good enough? And Sam, do we have the audio because the announcers like I hope everyone's good down there or something like that. And then and then it goes completely silent, to the point where they stop calling balls and strikes for a minute because they're probably all dying watching the replay in your studio. If you're on our YouTube, Chattel Spots just did the still frame that. Imagine if that was your uncle Veto and his asses all over the place. That's hilarious. I mean, granted, he's okay. Just like the fight last night. I don't condone fighting, but I love it when everybody's okay. There was no injuries, so I love it. I love that moment. I love the brawl. And it was a pretty pretty decent Tuesday night. You've been talking about baseball's poppin'. We had a fight and an ass last night. Yeah, incredible, And speaking of fights in baseball, I'm fighting about baseball. You hear me out for a minute before we get into our new game and midweek major and everything else. And by the way, I say all that respectfully as much as I can when I say, like the thoughts, but I'm just saying, like, I just don't understand how bigger folks, and listen, we all have friends and family that are bigger. That doesn't make it. I am, You're right, I'm still offending. But I never understand how ass cracks are out and people don't feel it, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know what, a girl's booby's out on the beach, like a wave hits her, but it takes her way second to it's always out. You get sort of used to it, right, But they're not all plumbers, dude. I can't imagine just walking around town and the crack is exposed. You don't feel the draft. I don't know, like it happens once in a while you notice it, but yeah, I notice it. So you're right. Have you been to get working on something. You're in the yard and you feeling you you pull up your your boxer brief You're like, oh, his whole pants fell down. We're already getting phone calls about it. It was one of the highlights of the night, I mean, and it was a good baseball night eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. So get this, Sam, I pictured you laughing, by the way, because when you sent it originally I think who sent it first? I did, Yeah, yeah, and then Danny Santa screenshot of just his butt, can I tell you, Sam, But it was it wasn't just the jan fill down, it was everything surrounding it and the reaction to the people who were closest to him or the security guard just goes what's going on? Maybe the Rays do like a belt night and just hand out belts to the first about a suspender night? How about a bubble ass bobble ass. Yeah, that's working as his suspenders night, every portion of it. You're right, the tracking down, the ball, the misplay this because he's like he goes one direction and then he goes the reaction. But just to show you how much I love you, I'm laughing hysterically, but I'm laughing even more picturing you laughing last night because you kept hitting us up saying guys, I can't stop watching could and you.
Speaker 5: Laugh that hard for like twenty minutes straight, and you feel so relaxed afterwhard You sleep so well when you have a good belly laughing.
Speaker 1: You know, because it's real. It's like pure comedy. It's like something Chris Farley would do in the movie. Yeah, it's like a three stooges. He would like fall the table just for laughs. Andy would say, that's that's how I felt. Remember when he was one of his first appearances on like David lettermany kept backwards. This guy don vito't look alike with his ass out, all right, So anyway hear me out? Yeah, I love chopping it up and talking baseball right baseball season And I'm on social media and you could say I'm being trolled. You could say I'm falling in the trap. That's fine. I gotta tell you something that's going on, and there's a bigger question at hand. I don't expect you to care about what I'm about to tell you until I get to the question. I saw a post and it says dad, it's a picture of Oswaldo Cabrera. You know who Oswaldo Carrera is. I do. He's a baseball player, baseball player, and the Yankees broke his ankle. Remember that that play at home broke his ankles. Utility guy for the Yankees. I like him a lot. That's part of the story. I really like this guy. So this is not a knock. This social media post says dad, who is the Yankees utility guy before as Waldo Cabrera? And it's a whole manta of who this person thinks was the best utility player that the Yankees had. And there's been so many great utility players in baseball in years, right, but we all have an idea of what and who utility players are. Right, this guy, this bird brain makes a whole montage of a guy who was a bona fide starter, who was a batting champion in two different leagues, who was an All star, who was a highly paid player, a Gold Glove winner. He posts DJ Lemayhew. Everybody remembers DJ Lemayhew. Right, that's not even le Mayhew's not a utility guy. I'm glad you said that, because that's exactly what I responded. Respectfully. I'm like, hey, great video, DJ Lemayhew, great player. Respectfully, he wasn't a utility player. He was a bona fie starting player. He is the definite. And I get the response from all these younger people on TikTok and I'm like, oh, jeez, do I really want to engage just how you think your knifef you go so your Nike Keno's. I was fighting with kids on TikTok and laughing at this as but I have a question based on this. Yeah, he goes. He is the pure definition of what a utility player is. He played every position in the infield. He even played the outfield sometimes. I said, that's called versatility. Yeah, he was versatile. That's what made him an exception, DJ le Mayhew. And he's not the only guy, but he was an exception, meaning he's a guy like Mookie Betts who could play different positions, but he was by no means a utility player. In fact, by comparing him to Oswaldo Cabrera a utility player, that's an insult. So you're essentially insulting one of your favorite players. He was a starting player who had an injury and that's why he's not in the league anymore. He never became the same player again. But it's not about DJ lem Mayhew. I then got into a debate about what is a utility player, and I said, utility player is a guy that comes off the bench and that's versatile enough to play multiple positions. But he's a guy that usually comes off the bench. Lemayhew was a starter. That's not a utility player. He's just first. His first Before the show, when you and I were chatting up, I brought up Mookie because I was saying, based on this argument you had with this kid on TikTok, Mookie Bets could play outfield, thenfield anywhere. So you tell me Mookie Bets is a utility This kid got me with a bunch of kids started chirping at me, and he got me with a bit of a singer. What is it? Dj le Mayhew? Again, he was like, again, is the definition of a utility player? Utility? In fact, he won the first ever MLB Utility Gold Glove in the first every Gold Glove category for utility players. So again, you win one for first base second He won the first ever in twenty twenty two utility player for utility Glove. And then it dawned on me. Yeah, I still respectfully disagree, and he goes, what do you know? He called me? He goes, listen to know what he said to me. Yeah, I don't know who taught you the rules of baseball? Dog, but you're wrong, she said, dog Dawg. I said, well, if you want to hit him with this, I stooped low and I shouldn't have did it. I said, hey, you want to talk about it, Buster Brown? I didn't say Buster Brown, I should I should have that what I have said that would really put him in his place. I said, if you really want to discuss it, dog dawg, why don't you call the show today on Fox Sports. Ready, I'll be hosting eight seven seven ninety nine on Fock. You're fighting with a teenager because I think I know what a utility player is, all right, I watched baseball my whole life. But then it dawned on me if they're giving out gold gloves, Bro, I'm on Fox Sports today. Here here's the thing. Though, then it dawned on me. Yes, even though I'm doubling down on I'm right me, Bro. Definitions of words change throughout the years. Yeah, and maybe a younger person's definition of what a utility player is what ours was growing up and even still now. Like the word fat had two meetings at one point, right, Like the word goat. Growing up, goat meant like you blew the game. He was the goat. Now it means you're the greatest of all time. There's a viral movement online of young kids hating when their parents use their terms incorrectly. Like there's dads. There's videos of dad saying, Hey, Kyler, you hooking up with Joe tonight and he's like, hooking up? You think I'm making out with Joe? Yeah, you guys hooking up? And the dad means, are you guys getting together? Like Lincoln, are you linking up? Are you going out? Like? Things change meaning over time, and in sports, I'm wondering. A utility player for us was a guy who came off the bench. He didn't start, but he was versatile and he played all different positions. Does a younger person have a different impression or definition of what he has? The definition changed, much like batting average mattered and now it doesn't. Is a utility player a different player to a young player? Before we think about the younger generation and then and then Rich and then Rich. Yes, is it foolish to chop it up with people on social media? Are they just trying to get get at me? I love that you engage with like, yeah, is this a solid move? If you see someone saying some wrong stuff, like do you want to correct them or not? That's that's the second part of the question. Before we go to the feedback take the bait. Let's ask her other room Danny g Iowa, Sam Dan Bayer, When you say utility player. Could a utility player be a starter? Could a DJ Lemayhew and Mookie Betts? Like, will you say utility with that logic? Aaron Judge is a utility player because he plays all outfield positions, So that logic is flawed. You're a starter or you're off the bill. Like there's a guy Oakland A did I say Oakland? I meant athletic former met Jeff McNeil. McNeil would play left field, second base, third base, first base once in a while, Like does that mean? It just means to personal they're exceptional, They're exceptions, that's what they are. Can a starter be called the utility guy? That's my first question because it was driving me bonkers trying to convince these young kids that I know what I'm talking about, and they're telling me, I don't know. Baseball dog Danny Mookie, you can't say, like Mookie's the best again, but Mookie's not utility guy.
Speaker 7: I don't think of them like that when you say that, I think of a specialized guy that can fill in for injuries or fill gap.
Speaker 1: Like there's a guy on every team that you're like, yah, we got an injury, or someone's banged up. You know that guy could play second base, center field. He could also throw in the first base glove and play first base. Like, that's a utility guy. Off the bench, off the bench. You're not paying utility players superstar money. Guess who got superstar money. Guys like DJ Lemayhew, guys like Mookie Betts, they're not utility guys. But I am given the benefit of the doubt that if we're given utility player gold gloves out now, maybe a younger fan has a different definition and impression of what a utility guy is. I have a you don't take the bay. Ever, I have multiple words that have changed meaning enough over the years that it will drive me nuts or U nuts, okay them. So we'll get to that next. Plus, we're gonna talk about some fights, a really fun promotion they did in Toronto and it involves hot dogs. We'll get to all that. We'll have some fun today Rich Nosweni's so we'll get to that more ce in our next right here on Fox Sports Radio. Everything can turn in a moment in AUGUSTA that was very dramatic. Was I like get Jim nance type aerie. It was a little like a little bit of a pause. Draft Kings Sportsbook, America's top sportsbook for live betting, has action from the first t shot to the final putt, so you can react in real time. On new sportsbook customers betes five bucks and your bet wins, then you get three hundred in bonus bets. Instantly download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Now use code c our show. That's code see our show. You can turn five bucks into three hundred in bonus bets if your bet wins. In partnership with Traftkings to crown is yours gambling.
Speaker 8: Problem called one eight hundred gambler or one eight hundred My reset New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why Connecticut call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino in Kansas. Wager tax passed through may apply in Illinois twenty one plus in most states, Voyden Ontario restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets, which expire in seven days. Minimum mods required for additional terms and responsible gaming resources see Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com. Slash promos limited time offer.
Speaker 6: Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowhard, Stu GOTTSID Company, Live, Cavino and Rich, The On Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Benmaller Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio on YouTube. Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away. There's a fall on tonight. Cracking up at that footage on and off the air, and you know what the funniest part about it is. I mean, I don't know, maybe the world needed that last night because I don't know. It was cracking me up. If you missed it. There was this Don Vito looking guy going for a fount ball in Tampa against the Cubs. He falls, his pants fall down, his ass comes out, he's trying to get up. The thing is when you fall, anytime you fall, right, you try to you try to jog it off and hope that nobody saw. And there had to be a moment where he was like, oh, what if I just stayed down everybody saw like you always hope that nobody sees. There's a part of it's like I'm just gonna stay down here forever.
Speaker 2: The announcer is going dark. I think it's the best part.
Speaker 1: You know what, we have the audio or if you missed it and we're posting it at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio against maam.
Speaker 6: Flip all down the right side and it'll twist off foul.
Speaker 2: Oh everybody, okay down there.
Speaker 1: I'll everyone say okay down there. But you hear the ooh, I hear that. You hear the oof of disgust and embarrassing, and now it's just quiet.
Speaker 2: It like it just keeps going and their mics are muted.
Speaker 1: Because they muted their mics and they're dying laughing. I'd imagine, did you just hear the like the radio atmosphere, the baseball sounds and just embarrassment. You feel that guy's embarrassment in the microphone. But anyway, your thoughts on that and your thoughts on this, Yeah, first of all, am I wasting my time trying to teach these young weeniels on social media? A thing or two about baseball. I have a question about words in terms that change meaning. Ken, Okay, we're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Don't let employee turnover slow down business. Express Employment Pros finds the talent you need to keep productivity on track from the warehouse to the front office. Express staffs all jobs. Visit expresspros dot com today. Also today we're gonna do Midweek Major and debut a new game that involves Mike. Who runs this place? Oh, Mike, We're getting a ride, Mike. So stick around eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Mike Mike. Ever get them to print out of Dodgers tickets or no? No, I don't think so. The long story short, The short long of it is, I saw a post and it says that DJ Lemayhew was their favorite utility player. Yeah, and I kindly responded, Djlmayhew was not a utility player. And I got all this backlash, all from young nose picking kids, being like, he absolutely was a utility player. He won the Utility Gold Glove the first ever in twenty twenty two. I'm like, dude, he was a bona fide starter. He was just for allah. So has the definition of utility player changed because growing up it was always the guy that came off the bench that played all different positions. Well, it poses a bigger question, what words, what phrases, what things have changed definition in our lifetime that that maybe a different generation will be like, I'm sorry, what did you say? I wrote that A few I have I think I have like my top three. But I want to give a little honorable mention to every young woman that says letter la when she means figuratively, that's what I mean. Like they're saying it, Oh my god, I literally, no, you didn't no figure.
Speaker 2: Basically they mean the right thing, basically rich.
Speaker 5: But basically they use literally when you like you say like I just stubbed my I literally just stubbed my toe.
Speaker 2: Just say you stubbed your toe.
Speaker 1: But don't you feel in a way they're trolling you because you want to correct them, but it's like not even worth your time. But literally it's a big one because again, anytime someone says something figuratively, they literally The girls would say literally, I got I got a few that come to mind from me. In old timey time songs, in holiday songs, you know, people used to be joyous, happy and gay, like gay wasn't a sex and gay was not only a sexual term. Gay apparel. People wore gay apparel the Flintstone theme song I donned my gay apparel? Or on the holidays, didn't they Peter Contail make your Easter brighton gay too? I believe he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Secondly, you said you alluded to it before. I think if you ask a boomer, a gen xer, a millennial, or a weenie, what's the younger generation called jen alpha jen alfalfa? I think if you ask any generation, yoh, yeah, we hung out, you know, I hung out with that girl. We hooked up? What is hookup?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Does hookup mean you just hung out together? Does hook up mean you got it on? Or does hook up mean like you slept with them? Like because some people be like, no, no, hookup means like you just you know, you fooled a round of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hook it up in the nineties for me just meant you made out. Yeah, you kissed and made out. But hook it up I think now means like, yo, they did it? Wow?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Oh man? Yeah, see things change? Did you hook up? So even though I think I'm right about utility player. Maybe it's changed to a younger generation and uh and what else? Shout out to my dad, who hey, Greg, who listens every day? And I'm not going to tell them to change it because I find it funny. Our parents, I don't know about yours, refer to their flip flops as thongs. And my dad, he must really love that Cisco song. My dad, well, in the summer, I was, ah, you know, I went to the pool, went to the beach. I wear my thongs. And every time he says my thoughts, does he say my thong? Don't don't dog? I'm like, I think a lot of old Cisco's singing about flip flops must really like those flip flops?
Speaker 5: Can I Can I offer something here though? Do we take the term thong the footwear? And because it the like the piece of cloth is like a y shape and goes between two your toes. That's kind of how it fits on the bottom. Do you think that they or owed that, Yes, it's a thong flip flop. I get that right, Like it goes into the crack of your toes and then in other ways it goes into your.
Speaker 1: So we stopped calling flip stops thong. My parents did to That was a part of my uh. I think as a kid, I called Mexicon for a long time. And but tim if I then became slides. If you came over my place for a little barbecue pool party, oh yeah, you would have been like I got my swim trunks and my thongs? Would you? Would you say?
Speaker 2: Confuse people? They'd be like, all right, let's see it.
Speaker 1: Let's let's see it. Maybe that guy last night who fell over was wearing a thong. We just couldn't see it. Buried in there. I was buried, man. Uh. Words, things they changed meaning. But was I'm right about the utility thing? Too right?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: But then again he won the Gold Glove for Utility Players eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. We got a few phone calls and then we'll get into some other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's start in New York with Sean Hey.
Speaker 9: Sean Hey, guys, when when I think a utility player Yankees, especially at Miguel Cairo, Yeah, Miguel Cairo, Maybe Jerry Harrison, JR.
Speaker 1: Harriston, Guys like Randy Vallardi back in the day, Like dudes like that, g shout out a shout out a reliable utility Dodger over the years, Think of a Dodger or Padre or giantly.
Speaker 2: Because well, you could say, kek he came off the.
Speaker 1: Bench and yeah, great answer, because he's the best answer. He just plays big and big moments. But he was still a utility guy. Absolutely, Thank you, man. But I'm telling you, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just it's viewed differently, just the same way batting averages you differently, doesn't have the same importance that changes over time. Thanks for the call, man. Who else do we got? Eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the Desert, Indio, California.
Speaker 1: Dan, Hey, Dan, Well what up?
Speaker 3: How are we doing?
Speaker 1: Well? Good Dan? What's up? Hey?
Speaker 3: A couple of things.
Speaker 10: Hook up.
Speaker 3: If you've ever been deep sea fishing, that's what you yell when you hook up.
Speaker 1: So you got a totally different meaning good when you.
Speaker 3: Got a marlin on when you got an alba core tuna on the line. Yeah, well forever, you know, for many many years, I've been doing it. That's what we called it, all right. The other thing about the thong, I stopped saying thongs a long time ago for foot flaps. But I saw my first song.
Speaker 1: Yeah that'll change, man. But this guy's this guy's uh, you know, hooking up with thongs on completely different story, so other words that change. Meaning leave it at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio, or you can call it at eight seven, seven ninety nine one Fox.
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pu up the live chat too, And can a utility player be a starter? And since when? I don't know, so, I don't know. You know, I think I retire from arguing with idiots on social media. Rig. Yeah, that's not true.
Speaker 2: You'll do it.
Speaker 1: You'll do it tonight. Now, all right, let's go to our buddy and yours, Dan Buyer for an update. dB. What's up, Bud?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 11: Kid Cunningham expected back for the Pistons tonight. He's going to play against the Bucks after missing the last eleven games because of a collapse Lung. Spurs will be without Victor Weben Yama and Stefan Castle tonight against Portland. Oklahoma City faces the Clippers. With an OKC win or a Spurs loss, the Thunder would wrap up the number one seed in the West. Angels DH Jorge solaire A Braves pitcher Ranaldo Lopez each suspended seven games for their role in last night's brawl. Both are appealing their suspensions. Braves lead the Angels right now five to two. In the fifth inning. Dodgers and Blue Jays are tied up at three apiece in the eighth. Former Dodger great Davey Lopes died at the age of eighty. Red Sox blank the Brewers today five to nothing. Guardians took care of the Royals ten to two. Padres were eighty two winners against the Pirates and the Orioles one against the White Sox five to three. Rich your Metz trail the Diamondbacks right now nothing in the sixth. The Rockies over the Astros in the seventh, eight to one. Cardinals have a three to one lead on the Nationals in the sixth. Then the Phillies trail the Giants by a kind of three to nothing. That's in the seventh inning. Some news of the NFL as the Texans are picking up the fifth year options on the contracts of quarterbacks C. J. Stroud and defensive end Will Anderson. Junior Falcons and former Chiefs tackle Juwan Taylor today. This on the heels of the retirement of Caleb McCarry, who announced he was retiring after six seasons. Does your afternoon need a boost? Try the new Starbucks Energy Refreshers. These Starbucks Refreshers you love now with an added boost of caffeine to power your afternoon. Get your favorite flavor, or try the new Mango Strawberry Energy Refresher or Mango Dream Energy Drink. Get the new Energy Refreshers at Starbucks today or order one right now on the app. AUGUSTA National Chairman Fred Ridley said the club supports the USGA at RNA's decision to roll back the golf ball in the sport guys, back to.
Speaker 1: You, Thank you, dB. Now, we have a lot of people on hold too. At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, So Hank Tight, we're gonna get to all your phone calls and again a new game involving Mike who runs this place, So your chance to win some prizes. Danny Keill break it down. We'll be taking your phone calls. At eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. We are Cavino and Rich. Now, every sports season is built on preparation, studying the trends, making the necessary adjustments to reach that ultimate goal. Investing deserves that same approach. With we ball, you have access to real time data, market data, advanced tools, and intuitive app design to help you make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs and more, we're planning for the long term iras, cash management and custodial accounts of the kiddos. We Bowl gives you the tools to invest your way, all on one platform. Looking to take your preparation to the next level with Aaron Neville, check out wee Bowl's learn resources and join their in app community fee to discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally and now. To help streamline your trading activities and elevate your strategy, try Vega wee Bole's Personal market AI Assistant. I could give real time analysis, watchless insights and alerts when earnings drop. So get your financial portfolio in check and game day ready by downloading the wee Bowl app today or visiting we bowled dot com. We both Financial LLC member SAPC FENRA Investing involves Risk.
Speaker 5: For more information, visit wheeple dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash disclosures. Oh, I really love that song about my thongs. Oh yeah, they made a song about my thongs. No, Dad, that song's not about your flip flops. What do you mean.
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 1: That girl look, oh my flip flops. Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Does your afternoon need a boost? Try the new Starbucks Energy refreshers. Ooh are so good The Starbucks refreshers you love. Now an added boost of caffeine to power your afternoon. If you listen back to yesterday's show, we were so boosted courtesy of Starbucks. Oh. I tried the new Mango Strawberry Energy refresher. That was fantastic. I want to try the uh the dragon fruit one. Oh yeah it's good. Hey they have the Mango Dream all at Starbucks. Order now right on the app. And it's time for a tyrec play of the day, the Don Vito guy with his Sorry there were fist flying though in Anaheim. Oh, it was an airmail to the backstop. Oh oh, and now here comes Solaire. They're gonna start to fight. They're throwing blows.
Speaker 12: We got major differences here as they're throwing haymakers and now a big pile on the first base line. Cholaire was hit by a pitch on the third inning, and we got a riot here in La I kind of love that. Here come the bullpen spreading in from left field and a pile up on the first base line. In the blink of an eye, that turned into a heavyweight bout with Sholai and Lopez throwing blows at each other.
Speaker 1: You know, Reno still hit him with the ball, even though he missed the bean ball. He hit him with the ball. Yeah, he had the ball in his hand, landed a shot to the face that was wild.
Speaker 2: How about Walt Weiss?
Speaker 1: Yeah, waltwhis sixty two year old Walt Weiss making the tackle. That was great and the Braves wound up beating the Angels seven to two. That call was courtesy of Braves Radio Network, our tire Rack play of the day, and for over forty years, tire Rack's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tire raq dot com. The way tire bron should be Rich You ever feel like you're living in the Twilight Zone often, Yes, seriously, what happened now? Because I'm reading feedback and you know, you grow up thinking you know or you know what a utility player is, and people are like yo. So by your definition, Scott Femeyer hits us up on the live chat Coveno on Rich FSR. So, by your definition, Covino utility player is not good enough to start? Yeah? We how do we all not know what it is? Or did it change? Utility player can start a game, but he's a guy that's just versatile. He doesn't always start everyday guy that's a utility player. At least that's what it was growing up. I don't know what to say. I've been fighting about this for twenty four hours with people like how is this not an obvious thing that you need something better than your left to fight about. Maybe let's go to the feedback. Danny G's on the phones and we got them all lit up, so let's take your feedback. Say what's up to the Fox Sports Radio Nation, and then we debut a new feature with Big Mike, who's very excited.
Speaker 7: Loaded lines. Right now, let's start again with Jerry in Phoenix.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Jerry? Hey, Jerry.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's Jerry.
Speaker 1: What man?
Speaker 10: Okay, I wanted to make a comment on you earlier were talking about plumbers crack. Yeah, Okay. Back in the seventies, I was at a Kansas City Royals baseball game and I got up from my seat. I think I was going up to go to the restroom or whatever. And I'm walking up the aisle and I see this old guy sitting on the chair right on the aisle, and uh, well, anyway, I'm an old guy now, but back then, I mean, this guy was sitting there in shorts.
Speaker 1: In shorts is wearing thoughts.
Speaker 10: Believe it or not, His fact was hanging out. I could not believe that he would not know.
Speaker 1: This has been your memory for seven years childhood man. Ever since then he's been addicted to plumbers cracked. Yeah. Like, I just never understand when people don't realize traumatized.
Speaker 2: So let's go to Michigan. Mark is in the house.
Speaker 1: He I should a call man? What's up? Mark?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, how's it going to taking my call?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 4: I just I kind of disagree with your definition of the utility player having to start a lot of utility players have started consist I.
Speaker 3: Mean Brandon Inge.
Speaker 4: I grew up a Detroit fan. Yeah, Detroit Tigers, Brandon. He's a perfect example of utility player. I think he's the only player to ever start at three different positions in a championship series.
Speaker 1: Even if you look it up on Chad gbt's there's exceptions to the rule. I get it, But a utility player usually is off The is a guy who comes off the bench. It doesn't mean he doesn't start a game. You're in their value A lot of times is that he might not have the numbers to start one hundred and sixty two, but he's there. Sometimes I picture a utility guy a guy that could even catch once in a while, like a guy that could catch, maybe play first base.
Speaker 7: I mentioned Kik He's started a lot of games over the course of his career, but also he's come off the bench so many times, even to pitch. Yeah, they've used him as a pitcher in blowouts.
Speaker 1: But he's not your everyday second baseman. He's not your everyday outfielder. He's not the everyday guy. There's a difference. It's just bonkers to me that this isn't common knowledge or benefit of doubt. Maybe it's the view have changed on it. Like Danny your every day first basement for the Dodgers, Freddy. Now there's people that could play first base if Freddie has the day off, if they want to give Freddy the day to d h or something that's a utility guy a lot of times, if there's if there's a guy like a like I said, a Kik that could play multiple positions. Again a great example, not a met anymore, but on the A's Jeff McNeil could play first base, second base, he could play left field, you know, and those type of guys they might play a lot. I don't know what makes a utility guy and a guy versatile. Is that if he's in the lineup every day, because there are guys that are going to start one hundred and thirty hundred and forty games. I don't know if he's a utility guy anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of like a hybrid situation.
Speaker 1: Nowadays, utility guy can be here if someone goes down with injury, all of a sudden, he's your starting dude. Yeah, that could change. But back to the phone calls eight seven to seven ninety nine, Oh Fox, who do we got.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Washington State, Zach.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling Zach. What's up, guys?
Speaker 9: How you doing?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 9: So I want to talk about the kind of like older generations using words that kind of mean different things. Now yeah, yeah, Well marijuana is now legal in twenty four of the fifty states. Can we get old people quick calling it dope?
Speaker 1: Dude? That's so funny? Do you know? I wonder my did your parents always say crank calls to like growing up? The crank crank calls? That's really funny. Yeah, Like I don't know do I am? I am I showing my age? Do forty year old say weed? Like do younger people say kind of bis like the weed, the weed, the weed? Like what is uh yeah dope or like hash? Like what a older people say they're smoking dope, they're smoking the grass.
Speaker 2: The way we the whole reason, the way.
Speaker 7: We say dope has never changed because kids even still use that as But.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting. You're right, that is funny older people and they're used what they call weed. It's really I feel like if you're roughly forty something, you won't you won't call the weed.
Speaker 5: Let's go back to fast times at Ridgemont High when mister hand accuses.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's just what are you people on dope? Are you on dope? Mister Han on dope? All right? Two more phone calls, Yeah, talk for one. Tacoma, Tony quickly, Tacoma. What's up, guys?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: Well, that's the whole hookup thing in the nineties. That just meant you you got together with someone.
Speaker 10: That was it.
Speaker 1: You hooked up at the mall. I hooked up with John at the mall. At think you were making out, and then it turned into, uh, you hang out with a girl, you hook up. It's like something happens. I think now hookup means like you did it all. I did not know that. I hope you're wrong. More CNR next right here, Fox Sports Radio