Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to an episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Josebe Bryant. What's up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us? Yes, Skin, what's a gang gang gang game? All right? Like we okay, fine, Jiza is a lot going on and we're not going to keep y' all along today. We just want to like make sure we touch base with you guys, because we love y'all so much. Yes, we do, yes, and you have some Halloween prepping to do so yes, yes, so happy Halloween. And okay, wait a minute, are you going to give our candy? Yeah? I will, you are yeah, Okay. I want you all to know Robin's house is. Oh the house next door to Robin's house is completely decorated. We're outside with Halloween stuff. It's so funny. I was going to ask you the other day and she was like, oh my gosh, Okay. I went to Ashley's house the other day and there was a very live, a very real looking fake dog that's like on her porch and if you touch it, it's like it's insane she said, our kids love it. So our kids were out there decorating. They were putting out like Jack a lantern cute. No, she said, it was too much. Like they out there putting spiders and webs and it's too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird. Like I, you know, Halloween definitely for me, is like for the kids. But I always kind of like stay away from all like the ghoulish stuff, you know, like the spiders and the skeletons and the yeah, the witches and all that. I'm like, what about like dressing up is a pizza man or something, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I would love that. That's cute. Or one can dress up as the ups man because we know loves that. And I want people to like give me Skittles without the red the red ones. Yes, we gotta get the purple pack. Then oh there's a purple pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the berry the mix mixed berry, wild berry pack.
Speaker 2: Wild beer. Okay, yeah, I don't really eat skittles, but anyway, Okay, so we have we have advice. Somebody wants advice, so we're gonna we're gonna give you guys some good old advice.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so this is from our girl me me, Hey me may Yeah, she says, hey, Ray, Robina and Jizzi, it's your girl, mem and I'm so hype to see you in Vegas and this season of rhope.
Speaker 2: Okay. So, and and at the end of this week, we will be in Vegas. Yes we will. We will be Bravo conning it up. Yes.
Speaker 1: So the next time you hear from us, we'll have some Bravo con feedback, right, we will have.
Speaker 2: No, we won't, No, we won't, we will.
Speaker 1: The next episode will be that Monday, right after Bravo Conka, So in a couple weeks we'll have Brava con feedback.
Speaker 2: Okay. So have you speaking of Vegas, have you heard of the Sphere? Yeah, I've seen it. You've seen this spere? Yeah, it's really cool. Oh you went to the Sphere? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I mean I've just I've been in Vegas and I saw it. I was in Vegas this summer.
Speaker 2: That's right. Oh, it was already done. It's super cool. It's super cool. Okay. So Jason mentioned it to me. I didn't know what he was talking about, and I like looked it up or whatever. So I think I'm gonna get tickets to like check it out because I get there like the day before you what's going on in there for you to They have like it's like a little show, Like maybe it's like a light show. Yeah, did you see the when it was trolling the people playing golf? No, Oh, it's the funniest thing ever. So the way that it's situated, there's a golf course that you can on the golf course, you can see the sphere. They were putting a moji faces on the sphere based off of how you hit your golf ball. So if like you hit something and it sucked, moji face would be like like it was. It's pretty funny. It's funny. So yeah, that's cute. No, it's really cool, Like it's it's pretty cool to say. All right.
Speaker 1: So she says, I have this friend that's dating a guy and she knows the is a cheater. She knows he is no good and I even showed her proof that he's seeing another woman. I tell this friend all the time she is too beautiful to settle for less, but she is sure that they will get married even though he doesn't want a relationship, okay, and they will have kids together.
Speaker 2: So this is where I need help.
Speaker 1: How do I tell my friend that she is settling for less and she should move on and find herself and find and find herself and find better without her feeling like I'm overstepping my boundaries or trying to ruin her situationship. So then I had follow up questions.
Speaker 2: I was like, how old is she? How long they've been dating? So she says she's twenty nine.
Speaker 1: They've been dating for three years, but she caught him cheating with another woman in his house when he invited her over to bring him food and ruined. She ruined property and had to pay three thousand dollars in repairs, and she went back and it's currently with him.
Speaker 2: Now, why if you don't leave that man? And this this is the advice you as your as the friend, needs to just be straight up and be like he is of the worst and leave him.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, as a friend, definitely offer your advice, but do it in a way that you're like, Okay, you know, this is just my advice, this is my opinion, but don't let it change our relationship because that's the problem, you know, And I think that's why you're a little hesitant to even say anything because a lot of people think, oh, I'm going to ruin our friendship if I say something about her relationship. But I think you wouldn't be You would not be a friend if you did not speak to her from an honest place.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, and then you tell you know, do what you want with this.
Speaker 1: This is just my advice, my opinion regardless, I'm still gonna love you blah blah blah, and keep it moving and.
Speaker 2: Keep say it once and keep it moving. Yes. Yeah, but you can't just like stand by and watch all this nonsense and say nothing and call yourself a friend. Right, Yeah, so like speak up and if she continues to be with him, which she.
Speaker 1: Will, right, you have to support it, right, And a lot of times it's like people go through stuff and she has to almost learn on her own.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So it's like you can say something, she might get mad at you, Your friendship might actually suffer for it. Yeah, but I promised you, like one day, she's gonna come back to you and be like, girl, you were right.
Speaker 2: I left him, You know what, you were right? I was wrong. Yeah, she's got to learn for herself, yes, very much. So all right, So this is from Adriana more and she says, Happy Halloween. Happy Halloween. Okay, hello ladies, this is Adriana again. I sent an email last week. I've been listening to you guys, and I'm almost caught up on the podcast. That's nice. That's a whole lot of listening, right, yeah, wow, don't judge, Okay, she said. I was listening to one of the earlier episodes and Giselle was talking about a vacation she had with her girls, and she was trying to get someone to take a picture of them, and the lady she asked said I'm blind. I'm blind. If she did it happen? That was in Miami, yep. I could not stop laughing. It was hilarious. Since we're in the spooky season, I wanted to ask if you both had any personal paranormal stories you'd like to share. Thank you again for so many labs. Have a beautiful day. Do you have anything that like a ghost, like ghost spirit, a ghosts something? Okay, so all of mine are positive, like, yes, people have showed up. I gave you an example, or this is the one that comes to mind. I was I was riding with this one of my girlfriends in her car. I think she was drunk. She had a curb okay, busted the tire and we were trying to get to a party and we were also in the hood, and it was just kind of like I knew, like we got to get out of the hood, right, okay, so we know what to do. We were like, holy shit, we're on the side of the road out of nowhere. Three dudes walk up mm hmm, changed the tire. They wouldn't speak to us. This really happened. They would not speak to us. What they changed the tire? It was dark outside, and then they disappeared. What disappeared? The hell? We got in the car and we drove to the party and we partied like rock stars. What Yeah, And it really happened. That wasn't a dream. That shit really happened. Because we get to the party and we told we told everybody we ran to a curb and these these it was like the three Wise Men. Yeah, it was Shadowrack meet Shack and the depend to go is something. Okay. I was the first lady. Sorry anyway, So yes, that was God who sent those three dudes to change and get us out the hood. Wow, because God want us to make it to the party. That is weird. Yeah, that's creepy that happened. Yeah, that's very interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So one would in our old house, first house we lived in after college, wam wauld be in the basement and we had like a bar and there was an ice machine down there, and he at times would hear someone rumbling in.
Speaker 2: The ice machine, like getting ice.
Speaker 1: Okay, while it would be like nighttime and he'd be like, you know, fall asleep on a couch watching TV or whatever, and then all of a sudden he would hear someone like getting ice in the ice machine.
Speaker 2: Was it the ice maker? No, No, it wasn't that. No, it wasn't like the.
Speaker 1: Ice maker doing its typical making ice. You know, it was a different sound, like he knew the difference. It just literally sound like someone going in there getting ice. And he would look and there's like nobody there, and he was convinced it was his mom because his mom like.
Speaker 2: To eat ice.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Was he scared? He yes, it was weird. He was like scared.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, so, I'm like, why are you scared if you think it's your mom, Like, it's nothing to be scared of. But yeah, so he was a little creeped out about that. So, like fast forward to the time when we met with the medium and it was you know, they showed some of some of it on the show, but of course they don't show the whole thing, and it was he said something kind of that alluded to her doing that, like getting ice in the ice machine, that like she has been She said that she's like been with us.
Speaker 2: She was in the house, like she would.
Speaker 1: Get you know, get the ice, and then she would also be like stand over Carter's crib something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, so she kind of like the medium communicated that she alluded to her being eating the ice in our house.
Speaker 2: That's so crazy, right, Do you believe it? Yeah? Me too, Yeah, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I believe all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe it. Yeah, because I mean he's convinced. He's like like he knew that was his mom in the ice machine.
Speaker 2: Wow. He should have like honed in and been like tried to talk, try to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but but he was scared for whatever reason, Like he was like freaked out, you know what I mean. So I think he would just like go upstairs or whatever, like he just be more spooped out. But probably now yeah if maybe looking back, he probably should have. Hasn't heard it lately, but it's interesting, like she hasn't followed us to any of our other houses. Wow, yeah, it was just that first house.
Speaker 2: So do you feel like you should go back and visit? No, okay, we've moved on. Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I don't think we would be able to spend enough time. It's not like we can just like we can't just like sit in someone's house, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. I think if Robin and Juan showed up, they would let you sit yeah, yes, in the basement and listen price, I am sure of it, all right, and they would take pictures in video the whole thing, right. Yes, I don't, I can't. I mean a lot of things. I feel like a lot of things happen and they're like kind of unexplainable. Yeah, but I always believe that, like there, you know, God is out there doing his thing to make sure we're okay. Absolutely, yeah, yes, So it's a good question. Yeah, that was actually an excellent question. All right, we have one more Okay, we gotta we gotta blow this popcorn stand all right, let's see here, here we go, Hijaz Allen Robin. I hope you are both are well. This is from Kashif. I listened to the podcast every week. My question is if you can go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I think we talked about this a lot, right like where should probably have? Yeah, like at the moment, I would like to go to Africa. Like I would like to go to Ghana first because I have a lot of Ghanian friends and you know, I always appreciated their culture. Yeah, so that's I think that's that would be my best You first, my first, okay, and then where are you going after that? Hmm? You know, I don't really know. Yeah, I definitely want to do like, yes, Africa, but I would want to do like the Safari, like the Kenyan Safari, go down to Zanza Bar, spend some time there on the White Beach. I would also like to do Bali and the Maldives and all that. I haven't done that yet. I will. I was waiting actually for a dude to do that. Well, but whatever, Yeah, anyway, I have to go on my own. You'll get there, I'll get there. Yes, yes, yes, are you gonna meet me there, sure, sure, yeah, but I feel I feel like it's like a day to get like a long long time, I know. Like so I feel like once you get to that side of the world, you have to like you can't just do a couple of things. Yeah, you can't just turn around to come back. Yeah. That's why I always feel like, like Susan, I would say, Australia is that close to Maldives. Yeah, maybe I would have to look at the map, Okay, you know my geography. I think that would.
Speaker 1: I think Australia would be fun to visit, just because it's like so far away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like it's it's it's so interesting how it's so far away, but it's its own beautiful continent.
Speaker 2: You know. I was telling somebody. I think I was telling cow that when I travel far, like when I went to Thailand, when I've been to China, South Africa, I get huge anxiety about my house. Oh so like I feel like, oh my gosh, I'm so far away from my life. Yes, anything can happen to me. Is my house gonna be smashed apart? Am I gonna be able to get back to like my regular life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like a whole different You're in a different what like world, or it's like like that your house in your life doesn't even exist because you're so far away, so.
Speaker 2: Far away, which I wonder if other people have that feeling. It was like a it's like a feeling and if I think about it too long, it can like overtake me.
Speaker 1: So are you when you were when you traveled recently? Where you like watching your all the time a lot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the time because I have twelve thousand cameras. Yeah, it's like I'm living on the app. Yeah, but yes, No, anytime like it goes off, I'm like looking, I'm making sure like I know what's going on. And it's not just I'm looking at my house, it's just like that's my surrounding, that's where I live, That's what I know. And am I going to be able to get back there? And I feel like when I'm far far away, I feel like I'm not going to be able to get back there, right like oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Yeah, like you don't have a lot of control in that moment. No, And airplanes all of a sudden stopped working and I'm left in Thailand. Then you start a new life in Thailand, Robin, you had missed me so much, I know. Do you know how many tears you would cry if I just lived in Thailand it never came back. Thank God for FaceTime? Oh God? All right, this is our last one, guys. All right, so this is from Sabrina. Yeah, this froms Brina. Hello all, thanks for a great episode. Although I'm not an educator, I advocate for challenging school curriculum. I took all the challenging courses coursework in high school. I honestly don't remember most of it. However, those classes teaches children how to think and navigate their problems and think creatively. Oh didn't we ask? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So this is in response to our podcasts a few weeks ago where I was like, I don't understand why our kids have to learn or and we even learn or why are we learning physics? Why are we learning geometry? Like we're not doing anything with this as adults.
Speaker 2: So she goes on to say, as adults, we are faced with so many problems where we are not going to know all the answers, like how to manage COVID in the early phases. So having the ability to effectively analyze information, form judgments, even apply past knowledge to new situations creates great leaders and effective citizens. Sabrina, you know what, that's a good perspective. It's a great perspective. I totally appreciate it. They should this should be read by principles. When it's like a PTA meeting, when the when the adults are there, when the when the moms and dads are there. Because we have to get on board with the bullshit that our kids are learning. Right, Like, they come home, we don't know how to help them with the homework. It just looks a mess. They need to reiterate to us, like this is how them their brain think creatively and allowing them to be effective when they get older with the challenges of the world.
Speaker 1: Right, But you know what else would be nice as as kids are learning stuff, I think a lot of times it's like you teach them the concepts, but you don't teach them the why. You know, It's like if they said, okay, you're learning about whatever, Newton's law and all whatever, all this stuff in physics, like this is why this is important for you to learn it? And here is a present day scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, want you want to be practical, to know what's a practical right.
Speaker 1: Because I think when you are teaching someone and whether anything you're teaching them, if it's something in sports, it's like, Okay, a coach shouldn't just say, okay, slide your feet. They need to tell them why they're telling you to slide your feet or whatever whatever it is, you know what I'm saying. Like, And I think when you tell people why they're teaching you something or why you're learning something, then you can retain it more and you can reflect back on it and you can say, oh, this is is why I you know, oh I learned this in ninth grade physics class.
Speaker 2: You know, you can make it make sense. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I feel like a lot of teachers they just teach you the you know, the the concepts, but they don't teach you the why behind the concepts.
Speaker 2: You know. When when Jamal would prepare like his sermons, he was great about like taking something from the Bible and applying it to every day life and applying it to what's happening in the world today, applying it to a rap song, applying it to things that we can really relatestand and appreciate. And I think that was like the you know, beauty to his sermons, because like you were, you were tied in and you really were like, okay, this is some good ship. Oh I get it. I get it. And then you know, he might have made it, made up some stuff and every now and again. But anyway, I think that's what teachers need to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they need to just apply modern day lessons the reasons why they're teaching stuff, because like I said, I don't remember one thing I learned in physics, No, not one no, and I failed. I think I'm sure you did not. I'm sure I probably got a C in physics though.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I'm pretty sure I got to see Okay not Robin, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I think it was one of those things I was like, Okay, this is not my thing. It's not going to be my thing. I'm not even going to pretend.
Speaker 2: Well. When I got to Hampton, I was a finance major, and then I started taking finance classes and I started to get start getting f's. Yeah, so I was like, I'm no longer a finance major. Changer, I went to that administration office so fast. I was like, I need to change my major. I can't know this. I called my dad. My dad was like, oh my god. My dad was like, I tried to tell you, like you got four years of my money. I was like, okay that So what was your major? Marketing? Okay, me too, Oh really, yeah, you're a marketing major. I did not know that. Right. We have so many commonality we do. Is that right? Is that a word? Yes, commonality? This is a word. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Finance class was hardship, but you know, it's so crazy. So I took Finance.
Speaker 1: The whole class, like the whole semester was difficult for me, but for whatever reason, the final exam was completely open notes. Oh and thank god for my line sister who was in the same class. She had a beautiful front and back open page of notes and she let.
Speaker 2: Me photo copy it.
Speaker 1: And I went in that exam and I got like a one hundred on it that gopitalized. Yes, thank god for Alicia my line.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I had my line sister, Erica Lewis Yea let me copy her. I don't know what class it was, but it was like one of the finals and it was like the bubbles or whatever or the scan drunk. Yeah, and she let me copy her. She held it up so I could like get it. I was like, thank you just for this is for pledging. It's all right, okay, that's why yeah, yea, because I would still Badhampton. Yep, that's why we joined our sororities. Oh my gosh, all right, we have to get out of here. Guys. We love y'all so much, you know what. That's what a door says to me. She's like, Mommy, I love you so much. I know. So we love y'all so much. Yes, don't never forget to either live your life reasonable or shady or both. Heye. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady