Speaker 1: Why why do y'all keep doing this to me?
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to doing the show, to talking about serious issues, to talk about things that matter, stuff that's substitutive. But oh no, y'all can't get enough of this dude.
Speaker 3: Step I don't act like for once they requested you because of me.
Speaker 1: It's a cold open. You're not allowed to speak until I say so. Zip it.
Speaker 2: To Stephen A Smith show dedicated to nephew Josh coming up.
Speaker 1: Why do y'all keep doing this? Why do y'all keep requesting this dude?
Speaker 3: For what?
Speaker 1: Why? Why? Why?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I guess I shouldn't be talking on the cold opening.
Speaker 2: It's some hot it's not cold open now, but now you can talk so the cold open.
Speaker 1: Can't talk of the cold because.
Speaker 3: You're hot, saying I'm hot, you're hot? You know what they say?
Speaker 2: Usually women call themselves hot. I'm sorry, women call themselves how dudes. That's some dudes, you know they call it. They call the women hot. You don't hear a dude calling himself hot.
Speaker 1: You do know that?
Speaker 3: Right now? You say you hot as far as like what's going on right now? Not physically hot, but if you was born after the eighties. You know what I'm talking.
Speaker 2: About because I'm up born before the eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't got the same lingo. You wouldn't understand. That's why everybody I would understand.
Speaker 1: Well, how come I wouldn't understand?
Speaker 2: You should have been showing me this stuff for years.
Speaker 1: I don't listen to you.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be dressed down Fridays. Once again, he's looking like he's dressed like Baraq, And it's just like, you don't got nothing.
Speaker 1: Don't you admire Barrock? Don't you look up to the former president?
Speaker 2: And I said, for the fourth president of United States of America, don't you look up to it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's my second favorite president.
Speaker 1: Who's your first?
Speaker 3: Bill Clinton?
Speaker 2: Bill Clinton is your favorite president ahead of Barack Obama?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean me and Barrock. Me and Barack got like as far as the looks we got, you do stuff like that. Me and Bill Clinton is more like, h what we're talking about. You know where I got it from. I don't do that.
Speaker 1: You say this stuff on camera. That's what you do.
Speaker 3: That's the difference between me and you.
Speaker 2: I say it on camera, So you have no kouf is what you're trying to say.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to say, I live my I speak and live my truth. I'm like, you know what it's. I ain't gonna say too much. I got it, I get it from similar, We got it.
Speaker 1: We got some videos, some videos, some videos.
Speaker 2: You got calls, we got tweets, people wanting to holler at us, and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So I said, all right, I'll bring a man and let him sit here for the show with me.
Speaker 3: Say I'm here that just a segment.
Speaker 1: Can handle that, because that that that takes a little while.
Speaker 2: Are you capable of sitting in that chair and and and giving the audience content for more than five minutes?
Speaker 1: Are you keep doing it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do a few things more than five minutes. Do you speak to me like that four minutes? Five is kind of long?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh lord, he just said five was kind of a long. Let's go to the videos, please, for this boy gets himself in more trouble.
Speaker 1: Let's go to videos.
Speaker 5: Every time you got some smoke, you go right to the source and have a respect for conversation about it. I want to know why that's not talked about more about how you not ducking no smoke?
Speaker 3: You're going straight to it.
Speaker 1: I don't see that a lot.
Speaker 5: It seems like everybody talk around each other and you go straight to it, but it gets swooped under the rug, trying to see what you think about this man?
Speaker 1: What you think?
Speaker 2: I really really appreciate that brother for sending that video in because I'm really thankful. I'm grateful that he said that about me, because it's so many people in this business that just do their thing and then they go home. It's like they ain't coming on to talk to the people that get at them or anything like that, or address directly accusations that have been made against them in uncomfortable environments. You know what I'm saying. It's one thing to send on your own platform and speak up. But you know me, I'm like, you know you got something to say? Where you want to meet up?
Speaker 1: We can talk about it.
Speaker 2: We can talk about it in front of the public, we can talk about it privately. Don't make no difference to me. Are you willing to give your uncle at least that much credit?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I give you some credit. You show up, speak your mind and stuff like that. But it's gonna happen even more now because I'm here.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: What you mean, this is gonna be more direct and sometimes I'm an answer for you from my seven burners.
Speaker 1: From your seven burners. See, you can't be doing that.
Speaker 3: Now I'm gonna respond to manseuit.
Speaker 1: You can't be doing that.
Speaker 3: Man, when I'm gonna cross the line. You know, one guy was disrespecting me and I checked this page and he was a dollar tree cashier. Now I'm not trying to knock that. You know, I'm not trying.
Speaker 1: To keep making an honest living.
Speaker 3: And what I'm doing, excuse me, what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: According to you, nothing You living off me. That's what That's what you've been telling.
Speaker 3: And that's why I'm better than him. Next video, next video.
Speaker 6: Hey Steda, it's your boy or eb from Hoop Social. I obviously know you don't remember, but I remember big time that I used to call in on your radio show all the time and you were call me Corey from Maine.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I'm wasting time, steven A.
Speaker 7: I have a legacy question for you, now that we're legitimately almost twenty five years away from it. Is Alan Iverson's Game one against the two thousand and one Lakers the most impactful legacy boosting single game in NBA history.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. That's a good question. I'm not gonna dismiss the question.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: That was a big time impactful game because I remember when I talked about it in the City of Philadelphia's Thatt right for the phill Off the Inquirer, and they wanted to be fired and banned because I sat up there and said, on June fifteenth, the Los Angeles Legers were winning that series.
Speaker 1: In five games. They were like what, they said, You're not giving them a chance? I said, no chance. They was like why. I said, shack, shack and more shock.
Speaker 2: And oh, by the way, Kobe, because Kobe was coming up and Shaq was already in his prime.
Speaker 1: And then they said you saying the seventy six is gonna get swept.
Speaker 2: I said, no, AI will get you one, and sure enough he showed up that game dropped forty eight. That was the first night I ever met Denzel Washington. Denzel Washington game. It wrapped his arm around my shoulder and said, so, what's gonna happen? What's gonna do because he was nervous about the seventy six because the alloxon I said, oh, they.
Speaker 1: Gonna get you one.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get you one time, but then after that, you're gonna smoke him. They don't, they can't. They have no answer for for Shack. But was it the most impact? Here's an interesting point, Kobe Bryant. I think it was either Gay four Gay five in Indiana when Shaq had fouled out and Kobe had to save the day.
Speaker 1: In the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: I kind of think that eclipses AI's performance personally, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't mean to be picking the other side here, but the best, one of the best playoff moments I know is when against Detroit Lebron scoring twenty five street We didn't think he was gonna beat Detroit.
Speaker 2: That's true, twenty five straight and twenty nine in the quarter, right, Okay, okay, okay, legacy defining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if the Big three Celtics don't put that team together, Lebron doesn't figure out how to get to the finals. Yeah, he lost to the Spurs, but I think, you know, with a couple more roster.
Speaker 1: That's not Roston most that's not a bad take. Yeah, that's not a bad task. Next video, what's up? All right? Steven, and I got a good one for you.
Speaker 4: So if you could create a starting five of species of birds, what would you pick?
Speaker 1: And why? Of species and birds?
Speaker 3: A species of birds, A species of birds?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, do eagles count? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's one, Cardinals, cardinals, two blue jays, I'm using teams, A species of birds, pigeons. That's four pinkuin.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I love the show penguin.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what is it on now on HBO?
Speaker 1: Oh I love that show with Colin Farrell. Oh, I love it. I love that show, so love it.
Speaker 3: That's pigeons, blue jays, cardinals, eagles, eagles and a group of birds. I'm meeting up with tonight.
Speaker 1: Next video, Stephen A.
Speaker 4: Smith, what's good? It's your boy two tone superstar, please say the superstar. I have to ask you, how come we are giving a pass to say all Canelo Alvarez for Duck and David the Mexican Monster Ben a Videz ain't given a pass to Terrence Bud Crawford for not fighting Juron boots Innis.
Speaker 1: And I say that respectfully.
Speaker 4: Because nobody asked for Canelo versus.
Speaker 3: Terrence Bud Crawford.
Speaker 1: Because that's musty energy.
Speaker 3: Musty energy.
Speaker 2: Bro, who's giving Canilo a pass? I've been complaining about him not fighting the Mexican monster.
Speaker 1: David been a Vitas forever.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you bring up Crawford versus Boots Ennis, I wanted Crawford versus Challo for the for the junior middleweight title. That's what I wan on it. So I mean, ain't nobody giving them a pass? But this boxing, and you know cats are making money, making fights based on the money, and anything that's gonna jeopardize the money.
Speaker 1: Because the promoters control.
Speaker 2: The sport, you end up having to deal with that. I didn't want Canilo versus the smaller Challo. I thought that cat who is best friends with Erol Spence after Crawford beat up on Spence, I thought that would have been the perfect fight.
Speaker 1: So the fact that that didn't happen bothers me.
Speaker 2: And even though I know Crawford is waiting for Canilo and sure he wants that fight, he personally told me he think he could take Canelogu's our boxing, et cetera. My whole point is I don't like the fact that these guys aren't as active as they need to.
Speaker 1: Be. I need to see them in the ring. That's where I'm at with it. What about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nah, I think I'm cool with the Canelo versus Crawford.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with it.
Speaker 2: But you know, David Benivetez deserves that fight more the Mexican monster. He gotta move up to light heavyweight just to get a fight because Canelo and them ain't dead for it.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a problem.
Speaker 3: So once you have, you got Crawford losing because he's.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: I think that Crawford.
Speaker 2: Listen, I think that Crawford would out box Canilo for twelve rounds unless Canilo caught him and knocked him out. I think Canilo's only chance of beating Crawford.
Speaker 1: Is knocking him out. I don't think that.
Speaker 2: You know, Crawford is too marvelous of a boxer, so I would not choose him to lose in a boxing match to Canilo other than Canilo catching him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, agree with that.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel. So you're learning, you're learning. Next video what you got?
Speaker 8: So Steven, Nah, I've been having this debate with myself. As great as Kevin Durant is absolute future first ballot Hall of Famer, two time champion, but with his movement from team to team over the past few years and what looks like he'll be on another team next season, is Kevin Durant the greatest journeyman of all time?
Speaker 2: We can't call Kevin Durant a journeyman when he's a two time champion and a two time NBA Finals MVP. And by the way, as great as the Splash Brothers were, as great as Golden State was, he was still.
Speaker 1: The best player on that team.
Speaker 2: But he does get indicted because the only time he has won is when he was on Golden State, which means that this is.
Speaker 1: What the bottom line, Josh.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant forces you to look into and wonder about what the hell is he doing with his life off the basketball court, because you find yourself looking at him and saying, situations from a leadership perspective have to be pretty good, if not close to perfect, around you in order for you to win.
Speaker 1: You're so great even when you.
Speaker 2: Departed from Steph Covey, you played with Kyrie Irving. Even before you went with Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, you was in Oklahoma City where Russell Westbrook. Why is it that the situation needs to be perfect in order for you to win? Why aren't you able to milk and soak out of the talent around you in other places than Golden State the way somebody like Lebron and others have done.
Speaker 3: So that you say, what, well to that, I say, once again, we owe Kevin Durant an apology because he's weak.
Speaker 1: Who's weak?
Speaker 3: I'm a new part of the media, so I shouldn't even be saying weed. But since it's our money, I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, you ain't no damn media. You just giving up for you just giving an opinion. You ain't a media. Stop that. Stop that, so go ahead.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying is y'all keep saying like, why y'all even looking for leadership out of Kevin Durant? What is the coach doing? Why do you make the salary that you make. I'm Kevin Durant leader. I lead the team at school that's leading. I lead him in rebounding. Maybe I'm second, third, third and assists. How much more I'm supposed to do? Why is my occupation? Why is it added that I have to lead the players that aren't that good? That's what the coach is supposed to do but the coach is supposed to do it.
Speaker 2: But clearly Frank Vogel wasn't capable of doing it. Mike Budenholz, it clearly isn't capable of doing it. Steve Nash wasn't capable of doing it, and you let Steve Dash be the head coach when Kenny Atkinson was there and you and Kyrie wanted him going. He's going. He's an assistant in Golden State. Now he's a head coach in Cleveland. They got the second best record in basketball with this man coaching.
Speaker 1: You had a coach. And so the point is.
Speaker 2: Is that because you that superstar, you could kind of get things the way that you want things, and the kind of chaos that has been around you, you don't have to tolerate that.
Speaker 1: If you know me, this is what I do.
Speaker 2: So whether it's here, whether it's first take on the ESPN or anywhere else, you know, there's was so much stuff I'm gonna tolerate because I'm trying to win and anything that I think gets in a way of winning is gonna get removed.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to make friends. I'm trying to win. That's my mentality. I believe that's what it takes to win.
Speaker 2: And some of the great great players that we've seen in NBA and in sports history have.
Speaker 1: Had that mentality.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm on the show. You want to win?
Speaker 1: Come on last video please? Wow.
Speaker 9: Question I have for yours, mister Stephen A. Smith, is does your current significant other have the right to know.
Speaker 3: Your ex?
Speaker 10: And?
Speaker 9: If so, why and are they entitled to that information?
Speaker 3: What he said is your current your current relationship? Is the girl supposed to know about your ex? Is she supposed to know your ex?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: What was he asking is in your current relationship? Is your girl supposed to know about your ex?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Not necessarily.
Speaker 2: I mean these women out here don't be telling us about their axes. I mean, listen, as long as you ain't messing with them, now, what's the problem?
Speaker 1: I mean, I listen. I will say this, if you got a woman and you used to.
Speaker 2: That your woman is interested in somebody other than you, then you got to be man enough to move on.
Speaker 1: You know you you.
Speaker 2: You can't be you can't expect to be happy accepting a role as a constellation prize. Now all of us play the fool sometimes, as the old saying goes, it's no exception to the rules. But if you are aware that you are a consolation prize and you accept that clearly you.
Speaker 1: Are lacking confidence as a man. Is that possible for you? Josh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I don't want to charm too much in this because you're speaking about half my lineup.
Speaker 1: What is that supposed to be? What do you mean half your lineup? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the girls that I own. You told me not to talk like that on the camera. Can we go to the next video? On the next video? No more videos, it's no more you keeping that tweets?
Speaker 2: Next right here under Stephen A. Smith Show with just do back one morning man. All right, everybody listen up with all the big time sports action that's happening each and every day, The Stephen A. Smith Show wants to make sure you are taking advantage of it all. That's why we've partnered with the Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports. The app is really easy to use to make a lineup. All you have to do is pick more or less on a few player stats. Choose from any of your favorite players, Luka, Doncic, Jimmy Butler, and Zach Lavine all in the same entry.
Speaker 1: Then sit back and watch. The list is absolutely endless.
Speaker 2: You can play Prizepects in over forty states, including California and Texas. Best of all, Prospects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollars lineup wanna.
Speaker 1: Lose, You'll get fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Just use promo code says and download Prizepects right now again. Download the app and use code sas to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollars.
Speaker 1: Lineup Prize Picks, run your game. Welcome back to the Steven A. Smith Show. Provide swag with this dude.
Speaker 3: Swag to the segment.
Speaker 2: Uh see how he got his own thing, nephewtism josh Man.
Speaker 1: You see that that hust I just said. I just said I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I was gonna do it for him, gonna dedicated show to him. So we go into the tweets next. Now, we did the we did the videos. We're gonna do the calls later. I'm scared of the calls, by the way, because we don't know what the hell is gonna come out of his mouth. But now we're gonna do the tweets, so let's go right to him so I can hurry up, get you out of here.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, man, sus is yours Nick? You want to read him?
Speaker 3: Do you think dem should support abolishing the twenty second in order to run Obama against Trump in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that the Constitution should be altered. I don't think that Trump should even have a chance. I don't think the Democrats in the position to be arrogant enough to think they would beat him if he did pursue a third term, even though he would be around eighty two years old at the time. I don't believe it at all. I don't think that's a chance you take. I don't think you mess with that stuff. The Constitution is the Constitution. The twenty second Amendment says no president shall serve more than two terms. We should not be allowed to circumvent that. Once you open that Pandora's box, who knows what they could.
Speaker 1: Do with the constitution next.
Speaker 3: I don't like it, and I feel like if that were the case, why would we need barat when we run it.
Speaker 1: I go with that prove that message through that message. I like that. Let's go we running, know we running? Okay? With that man, You'll get me, I'll lose.
Speaker 2: I'll lose by landslide with you as a runner, mate, Go ahead and read the next woeman.
Speaker 3: Would you take a cappy barra as a pet over a dug?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Why would we do that? Why we do that? That's what I'm saying with some of these tweets. Let's go to the next one. It's a big.
Speaker 1: Right that looks like a big rats. Hey, I want to go that far.
Speaker 3: Current day Jordan and you versus Lebron and Shannon Shaw who wins in a game of twenty one?
Speaker 1: In a game of twenty one?
Speaker 2: How current day Jordan's in his sixties. I'm fifty seven. I know Shannon got bad hips even though he's a mammoth of a man and probably tackle me all day long. But Lebron can beat all three of us by himself. That's not a smart question.
Speaker 3: So when you say Jordan's in his sixties, you need to steal my line and say we or there you like fifty yeah, you right there? And second of all, so you're basically saying Lebron is a go. He could beat all three out at the same time.
Speaker 1: Now he's fifty, Lebron is forty.
Speaker 2: About fifty, Lebron is twenty plus years younger. Excuse then, Jordan. Listen, I'm not gonna get into all of this because it'll be accused of hating me. Telling facts would be accused of hating Jordan is the greatest ever.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to talk about. Next tweet what you got?
Speaker 3: Read it when you got.
Speaker 2: Down so people can talk me. And by the way, people want this shine the Lakers Forum.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I'll be telling you.
Speaker 3: I hate when you do that, but I'll do it the Lakers at the Lakers Forum. Who you got in the street fight? Tell Tubbes or the Wonder Pets.
Speaker 2: That's that's for you to answer, since since you sonowledgeable and I'm so outdated because I was born before nineteen eighty, you the one that can answer this ahead of me.
Speaker 1: What you got, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna take the Taeler Tubbies. Yeah, I'm gonna take the Teler Sevys.
Speaker 1: I don't want to why.
Speaker 3: I don't know you want me to act like I watched the Telo Tubby's or the other show at all. I don't know what neither one of these things are. So we're gonna the Lakers form. Don't send any more two meets? Can you say that, Yeah, you don't send it.
Speaker 1: No, right, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 3: That's a lot to read.
Speaker 2: One at just Jeff five sixty. That's a lot to read. Sounded like you don't want to read?
Speaker 1: Oh what? Oh? How is kay not more on an MVP discussion.
Speaker 2: I know it's no seventy win season that the OKC could have if they went out. Is a player that turns fourteen wins a year prior to over forty wins? Is that not more valuable than a player that has his team number one last year to having them number one again this year?
Speaker 1: You can look at it that way. That's a decent argument.
Speaker 2: That's not a profound argument because they got a different coach, different system, and obviously things have changed a lot. K can Ball, no question about a mad respect for him, But he ain't SGA. Let's not get that twisted. He's not Yes SGA and he's not Jokic. So let's cut let's let's let's cut that out. Let's cut that out. I know you ain't gonna disagree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jokic's fresh off for a sixty ten and ten game and you want to talk about I like K two, But he also answered his own question in the middle of the tweet. I know it's no seventy win season and that OKC can have if they went out. That's it is your MVP.
Speaker 1: Next week, next tweet.
Speaker 3: Please you like how I handled that? Steven Abould, you rather swim across a fifty yard leg infested with alligators and other swamp creatures or be locked in a zoo exhibit before gorillas for two hours?
Speaker 1: Jesus, you can't swim so well.
Speaker 2: Not just that, even if I could swim, you could have convinced me that I'd make it.
Speaker 1: See with the gorillas.
Speaker 2: My answer to this would be, I'd rather be locked in the zoo exhibit with four gorillas for two hours because I'd rather get beat.
Speaker 1: To death than eating to death.
Speaker 2: It's very very simple, beat me to death rather than eat me to death.
Speaker 1: Now that's my answer to that damn question. It ain't nothing but that in no way in hell.
Speaker 3: And you know I'm not answering this question because he just went crazy. Next week, Why.
Speaker 1: You're not answering the question next week, why a you not answered? What did I miss? Something?
Speaker 3: You missing them? You're gonna catch it? I said this lat that said, what.
Speaker 1: Is he talking about? What did I miss? But I'd rather get beaten to death than eating you know what I'm saying? What am I missing? What am I missing? I don't understand it. I don't understand it. Your calls to close out the show?
Speaker 2: Up next right here with your boy Stephen A and a crazy nephew in a minute, Welcome back to The stephen A. Smith Show, the special edition of The stephen Ate Smith Show, which really is a The Stephen Nate Smith Show because it's an episode dedicated to nephew.
Speaker 1: To them, as they say with Josh himself.
Speaker 2: We already did your videos, we already did your tweets.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to get to your phone calls. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 3: Ready?
Speaker 1: Behave yourself? Please? Please?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to Anthony in Illinois, your Live with Stephen Nate.
Speaker 1: What's up? Anthony?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 11: Stephen Nate? As my question to you, my question to you brother is can we make your nephew.
Speaker 12: A regular on your show?
Speaker 11: Why your nephew.
Speaker 3: Is my anti TV too.
Speaker 11: He must he must see to me, Stephen, Why why why the man is the man is quite entertaining, He swagged out. He's smooth with hell sitting on your on your podcast with you. It should be you should you should change the name to the Smith Show.
Speaker 3: I ain't even I ain't even gonna say nothing like that?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you seeing him?
Speaker 3: Are you seeing how? I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 1: Nothing, Anthony, you know that that you seeing him? He swagged out. He swagged out.
Speaker 2: Anybody could take a bunch of Jean's and take a scissors and.
Speaker 1: A bunch of bunch of holes in them.
Speaker 3: That Anthony and Chicago, you got a pH d something like that. You sound extra smart, and Steve Stephen, they has a pH d that they gave him at his school for being famous. But we ain't gonna talk about that. But you said extra so so me so.
Speaker 2: Me graduating with honors, being one of the most successful graduates from the institution in the institution's history.
Speaker 1: That has nothing to do with me. See receiving an honorary doctor, It's only because I'm famous, That's right.
Speaker 3: Honorary means be giving it to you again.
Speaker 2: You got a bachelors because because because I've earned it.
Speaker 3: You earned a bachelor's degree.
Speaker 11: Hey, Steven, and he got to be on your show, man, he gotta.
Speaker 1: Is he not on that?
Speaker 2: You gotta give him, you gotta take him in the listen. He could always have his own show. He don't have to be sitting next to me and don't bother me. But we both know he don't want that, no matter how much is sorry he has to.
Speaker 3: Say otherwise I do. I just gotta use I'm gonna use his credit card and star my own show. Ya. Don't worry about it. It's coming to say.
Speaker 11: He I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Trouble maker. You need a more trouble maker, Anthony.
Speaker 2: We read the love bro be read to stop stop it all right, let's go to Tyler.
Speaker 1: You're live with Steven A. Tillerand Omaha. Talk to me, steven A.
Speaker 12: How's it going man?
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm near the nephew. How you think is going for me? Man?
Speaker 12: How you think his family?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 3: You know what it is?
Speaker 12: Go ahead, bro, So recently I was in a relationship. I don't know if it's the Omaha women down here something like that. Everything was going well, right, we're paying back and forth on dates, the camaraderie, the banter was there, and all of a sudden, she just hits me with a text that's basically like, hey, this isn't going to work. And this came out of left field. We had just gotten off going on a date pretty much right after that text came out. So stephen A, how do you not even how do you bounce back from that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 12: How do you make sure that kind of shit doesn't happen?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to a couple of things. A couple of points.
Speaker 2: You said y'all were going out and dates and was back and forth paying for the dates.
Speaker 1: Is that what you said?
Speaker 12: I paid for I paid for the majority of them.
Speaker 1: The majority of them. But she actually paid for subdates.
Speaker 12: One of them. And that's it. And that's basically because I had gotten up and she had paid for it.
Speaker 1: How old are you, bro, I'm twenty five. Okay.
Speaker 2: Secondly, I got to ask you a personal question. Okayeah, did y'all connect with each other intimately?
Speaker 12: Uh? Not on that level?
Speaker 3: Now? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if you didn't, well then you know, I mean, I mean you know, yeah, I mean she did?
Speaker 1: She she she wasn't feeling you.
Speaker 12: Bro right, I mean we did, we did. We didn't go all the way. It's just like we did. We did a little bit, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I don't I don't know what you mean a little bit. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, all right, Well, let me say this to you. You know she wasn't feeling you. I mean, you know you might have got close enough and it wasn't enticing enough for it to continue.
Speaker 3: How many dates did you did you pay for?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 12: Just about all of it? I can't remember how many did.
Speaker 1: Remember?
Speaker 3: What was it more than like can you count your hands?
Speaker 12: It's pasted like double digits. I think we went on like ten or eleven days. It was like once a week.
Speaker 3: Listen, I got if you if you're following me, which it sounds like you need to listen. I got her budget. I don't spend more than two hundred unless you know I cracked that third note. Crack yourself.
Speaker 2: You get up it, watch them out and stop lying to the public because you know that's not true. David, you know, don't give me a C note and analysis. Be quiet, Be quiet before you incriminate yourself. Even it's not small okay, and you're playing around too much.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 1: Next next call, let me.
Speaker 2: Go to let's go here, Let's go to Johnny in California. You live steven A and this dude, what's up Johnny?
Speaker 13: Hey, stephen A. I just want to say before I start, I'm a huge fan. I've been watching you since I was like fourteen years old, and I first started getting into American sports. I'm Mexican, so really I just follow like soccer, but I started watching you, and you got me into basketball and football more. So I just want to start off with that my question. I just want to give a little bit of context. My girlfriend and I just a couple of days ago. You've been together for two and a half years officially.
Speaker 12: And.
Speaker 13: Basically the last few months haven't been so well. Haven't been going so good. Me and her both lost our jobs, and we also lost the apartment where we were living at, so I had to come back to live with my mom. And it's obviously it's hard not having a job, seeing my mom work every day, and there's not really much I can do. But besides that, I'm trying to keep my relationship happy, and I'm sure the circumstances have something to do with. I can noticeably tell my girlfriend isn't in like the best mood, not towards me, but I guess towards like the world. And I'm kind of just like I wish I could be that that pillar for her to be like. You know, I know we're both in a rough spot, but I'm here for you and I want to try to do everything that we can to get out of this mess. And I've heard you tell your story multiple times, so I know you're not you know, you're used to being in those type of difficult situations. So I wanted to see if you could give me some advice.
Speaker 2: Wow, a couple of things. First of all, I'm very very sorry for your situation. You're gonna be a little bit quiet on this one. You understand what I'm saying, because it ain't like you're gonna give him some sound advice.
Speaker 1: Or just sit back.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the deal, Johnny, and I want you to understand that I'm not saying this out of selfishness. I know what it's like to be unemployed. I know what it's like to wonder whether or not you can pay your bills. I know what it's like to, you know, be at home with moms and having to depend on that because you can't find for yourself.
Speaker 1: I've been there.
Speaker 2: Having said that, here's the point that you need to understand, Johnny, can you still hear me?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: His stuff that you got to understand.
Speaker 2: Don't prioritize saving your relationship, prioritize keeping yourself back on your feet because the relationship is partially in trouble because of your circumstances. Certainly, she's miserable because she lost her job and her ability to take care of herself is compromised. But if you were still employed and you were in a position to help handle your business and ultimately help her handle her business, it wouldn't be as trying. The fact that you are in the same situation as her means you can't do anything for her. And if you can't do anything for her, why would she be happy. It's already unhappy for her to look at her own inability to really take care of herself at this particular moment in time. How you think she's feeling if she turned around and she looking at her man and he can't do anything.
Speaker 1: For her either.
Speaker 2: So what you have to understand is that and it's not right or wrong, it's nothing like that.
Speaker 1: But what you have to understand is that.
Speaker 2: When you are a man, your priority is to provide and protect, and when you are unemployed, you can't usually do either. So when that so, when that is your reality, that is a license. It's not to say you don't call it. It's not to say you don't reminder you love. It, not to say that you don't show affection whenever you can, but when you and your circumstances are bad, you have to prioritize doing what you need to do to make sure you take care or you so you can position yourself to take care of her. And you tell her that you like, Listen, I love y'all, want to be with you. I miss you the whole nine. But y'all, I gotta take care of me so I can't take care of you. So understand that's what I'm gonna be focused on it you tell her that that's what you do. I'm gonna give you an opportunity, Josh to add. You ain't gonna add nothing, think.
Speaker 1: You can be as.
Speaker 13: Thank you God, conversation.
Speaker 2: Thank God you have nothing to add. I'm serious, bro, Johnny, Johnny.
Speaker 1: You can't take care of it.
Speaker 2: You cannot take care of anyone if you cannot take care of yourself.
Speaker 13: It's funny you say that, because I was just thinking, like, I have my own stuffy and I'm luckily. Before I lost my job, I took up a property and casualty license. Of course, that's what I'm working on right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, what I'm saying, I don't I don't need a soliloquy.
Speaker 1: I don't need a dissertation.
Speaker 2: All I'm telling you is you have to be able to offset her struggles.
Speaker 1: That don't mean you got to go and pay her mortgage and pay her car and.
Speaker 2: All this stuff, but you got to be able to do something for your woman. Otherwise, your woman one day is gonna look your way and be like, why am I with him?
Speaker 1: He can't do anything for me. That's what happens yet.
Speaker 13: Okay, I was trying to like this soliloquy. I was trying to add to what you said that you kind of just pushed me to doing something. I was scared. I was just saying that I have you know, I have thought about telling her we got to do this ourselves so I can do what I gotta do. But I guess the fear of losing the relationship is a scared you gonna.
Speaker 2: You're gonna You're gonna lose it any way, if you don't take care of you.
Speaker 1: You gotta take the only listen.
Speaker 2: When you are healthy and you have the capability to do for self, that's entirely different if you were disable to couldn't do anything from you, and you got a woman in your life that's dedicated. Now, she ain't gonna hold against you your limitations and your limitations. But when you healthy and vibrant, but you are devoid of opportunities and stuff like that, women expect you to go out there and get those I've been trying to tell this boy for years that reality if it listen for every brother who won't there as a neighborhood will always remember that. Never underestimate that. When it comes to a woman, that's just a fact. Not with every one of them, but with a lot of them. That's the reality and the situation. And as a man, you should be thinking like that because it should inspire you to want to get yours just so you can have something to give.
Speaker 1: Period. You need to listen to that. Don't argue last call Keisha in New Jersey. You're live with steven A. What's up? Keisha? How are you?
Speaker 14: Hey, Stephen?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 10: I you?
Speaker 1: How's everything?
Speaker 14: I'm good? I'm good. So I really have a question for Josh.
Speaker 1: Okay, we this, yes, go ahead, go ahead. It depends on what it is, Keisha, but go ahead.
Speaker 14: It shouldn't be too bad. Hey, Josh, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hey? I'm good?
Speaker 14: Okay, So this for contects. I'm thirty nine, I've been divorced for six years, but I am trying to get back into the dating scene right now. I do want to reconnect with somebody from my past. But how should I know? Like he's the one out of all the others, you know?
Speaker 2: Right now, hold on before Josh answers, let me get this straight, Keisha. Yeah, you are a grown ass woman. You are thirty nine years of age.
Speaker 1: You are divorced. Okay, you are an adult. You are divorced, which.
Speaker 2: Obviously means you've been married, and you call up to this show because you want Josh's advice about how to how to get back in the game per se.
Speaker 14: Well, see, you know, sometimes I want to disagree with Josh, but he does make sense, like in the weirdest way of thinking, and I just want a dude's experience or just advice because God.
Speaker 2: God bless you and good luck Josh the floors or go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, so so real quick, I'm gonna make it fast.
Speaker 1: Take the time. I want to hear it. Don't rush. I want to hear this. So I want to hear this.
Speaker 3: So so the next guy you meet, right, I know how, I know how you like to like hold out and stuff like that. Oh my god, please do it on the first night. And I'm gonna tell you why you do it on the first night.
Speaker 1: Do not listen to that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, let me let me tell you why you do it on the first night. What you don't want him to spend the next few months trying to convince you to do that, So you might as well get it out the way on night.
Speaker 1: One time out. There's a huge difference between the first night and months down the road. Why I got to be the first night? How come it can't be a few weeks, couple weeks something like that.
Speaker 3: You didn't have to say the first night because if she finds out that he's a waste of time, I don't want her to waste weeks, find it out on night one, give it out.
Speaker 1: Excuse me? You have a daughter? Uh huh, I do too. No, that is not advice that you give any lady. You don't sit up there and give literal advice.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: The first thing that you value your body, You value your soul.
Speaker 1: You value what you bring to the table. You value that.
Speaker 3: So you don't value the only thing that you can't get back, and that's Tom.
Speaker 1: Well, it's better. That's a good question. Of course you value that. But the flip side to it is that who's to say that that's everything matters?
Speaker 2: But the point that I'm making to you is that it also matters what you're giving up. Because let me tell you something, Keisha, Okay, And you'll know as a woman that I'm telling you the truth when I say this, It doesn't matter how much you enjoy yourself with a man, you always walk away thinking about what you gave. Because you're because your body, because because your because your body, your heart, your mind, et cetera. That means a lot. If you walk away thinking about what you gave, you gotta be cautious about what you give.
Speaker 1: Now again, I'm not telling you to wait forever?
Speaker 2: Will you do it at the pace that you want to do it, that you feel comfortable doing it. If that's one night, one month, six months, or whatever. Fine, But the point that I'm making to you is you do what makes you comfortable. You don't listen to this man to say, oh, I gotta give it up on the first night, so a while.
Speaker 1: Because why waste my time?
Speaker 2: That is horrible advice to give to any young lady out there.
Speaker 1: She horrible.
Speaker 3: She called into nephew tism, not uncle tism. And now I can't even get a word out. So you know what you do?
Speaker 1: No, No, I ain't gonna say that.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, it's too late. You just DM me and then uh I did.
Speaker 14: But wait, I already DMed you and you didn't respond. I think you thought I was trying to ask you for money, so you.
Speaker 2: Left me all right now, I kind of think I think, knowing him, he probably thought you was trying to ask for something else.
Speaker 1: This dude is unbelievable. How did you possibly give that kind of advice?
Speaker 3: This is you right here? Keisha, Yeah, Keisha in Jersey. Yeah, all right, Well we're gonna end this show, really because we in Jersey.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, set your ass down right now, shows over. It's not over.
Speaker 14: I'll be waiting enough, excuse me, I'll be waiting for his response.
Speaker 1: No, no, Keishi, he was talking about getting up to see you know.
Speaker 3: That boy said thirty nine. But I'm just.
Speaker 1: Any other questions. Keisha can't believe this.
Speaker 14: I think I'm gonna just wait for him to hit me back and see where this goes.
Speaker 1: You're wait for who to hit you back?
Speaker 14: Uh, mister Josh.
Speaker 1: Okay hit you back for what?
Speaker 2: Because you want his advice on a guy that you're interested in from your past.
Speaker 14: I mean he doesn't look too bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, hold on, you're talking about Josh.
Speaker 14: Yeah, hell to.
Speaker 1: The No, oh my god, oh my lord.
Speaker 2: So so in other words, Keisha, you weren't being totally forthcoming and honest when you called into this show.
Speaker 1: You said, you said hold on it, you said.
Speaker 2: You have you are divorced, and that you want to date, and that you have somebody from.
Speaker 1: Your past that you were interested in seeing.
Speaker 2: And in less than one hundred seconds, you looked at my nephew and was like success, saying, yeah, you know, I mean he doesn't look bad. And all of a sudden the dude from your past is not the subject matter.
Speaker 1: It's Josh.
Speaker 2: You do unsand that right, choose up, choose up. So in other words, Keisha, you really called in here because you're interested in my nephew Toby. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't, I don't know. She probably one of the few day guys.
Speaker 1: Lets another call, Kesha, you have a wonderful even Let me take it.
Speaker 3: Lady lady, lady keys, i'le gonna hit you, yeah, hurt.
Speaker 1: That's it for the special edition of The stephen A. Smith Shaw. Lord help us all until next time.
Speaker 3: Lord help Keisha.
Speaker 10: Watch your mouth, lady girl.
Speaker 9: H