Speaker 1: As Media.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to Natural Causes. I am doctor James Stown and this is my new podcast about going outside as well as the politics and practicalities behind it. With what two episodes coming out today for our first week, but after that we have one episode every Monday. This episode is a fun, little chatty episode with myself and Molly. What we're going to talk about have Alina, our friends who are not pigs, and their disrespect for golf courses, because one of the beliefs of this show is no golf, no masters. Golf is an affront to God and we're against it. But we also want to do some more serious stuff. I think there's a need for serious, unabashed journalism in the outdoor space and in the ag space. So along with this episode you'll also find another one where we talk about cyclospora, which is a diarrhea parasite affecting the Midwest right now, and we talk about what it can tell us about our food chain, the giant companies are dominated, and labor rights for agricultural workers both in the United States and elsewhere. Today, I am very lucky to be joined by Molly Conga, the Internet's favorite person who learns about animals.
Speaker 3: Hi, Molly, I'm so excited to hear about not a pig. It's not a pig. That's the only thing I know.
Speaker 2: Not a pig.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a great place because you're coming from a place of more understanding than like most people. I feel like today, Molly, we're going to talk about have Alina. Do you know what they are?
Speaker 3: If they're not a pig, they're a little friend. That's kind of evil, a little friend. Yeah, well they're evil in a good way. They're like evil for good. I love that they look like they have like little tiny high heels on.
Speaker 2: They're like, yeah, have you ever seen them at like full speed?
Speaker 3: I've never seen it in person.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a fucking sight to it. So like, I've spent a lot of my life in Arizona, like Tuson, Phoenixum and Yaki Territory, and I used to write bicycle a lot. That was my job. So I'd be riding out there on the dirt roads and the amount of times Ahaveolina will just pick up next to you and they are just booking it. It's like a coffee table. It's just moving. Because they're not a narodynamic animal right, and that their head is vastly disproportionate compared to their body, but they can carry some speed. I hit one once on my bicycle and that was an ugly day. They rub their little teeth together because they have two vertical teeth top and bottom, and they like rub them as a sort of intimidating tactic.
Speaker 3: That was intimidating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was intimidated. Yeah, first I didn't really know what had happened, right, So one nu I'm riding along the thing, I'm on the ground and here's this pekerey coming towards me. The other thing to know about them is the fucking stink. What you'll hear people say a lot about Havolenos. They have a second asshole and those people I'm wrong on his face.
Speaker 3: Is it a stink gland situation?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a musk I think. I think the technical term is a musk glund and a sexual musk. Yeah, what a revolting just It is funny that Elon Musk's last name is also the same name for the stink.
Speaker 3: Gland, the stink land on the nut pig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the not pig. But yeah, they do have a stink land it's kind of up on their back and they will use that to communicate danger to other members of their group.
Speaker 3: And is it just boys or do boys and girls have the stinkland?
Speaker 2: I think it's a unisex stink land. Okay, good for them, Yeah, stink dunity is like that. Yeah, everyone stinks. They've rub their scent on their territory and like that's how they know, like who's around right, They're walking around the going sniff sniff, Keithpin around here? You know he's doing fine. They have terrible eyes sights, so they rely a lot on smell that maybe that leads to the bicycle have Alina interactions.
Speaker 3: I know they're not pigs, so they don't probably share a wild pig's hostility towards the bicycle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they were not. They were really actively hostile. I think what happened in this case was the Havalina thought it could make it across and it to use the George Bush's and it misunderestimated my speed and so I hit the Have Alina right, lose the front wheel straight over at handlebars. Have Alina is now like what the fuck? I'm now like very confused. I'm lying on the ground and it starts going with its real teeth and smelling. It's a real full sensory experience. You got sight, sound, smell, pain.
Speaker 3: Where did they come from?
Speaker 2: So that is a good question.
Speaker 3: Are they supposed to live in Arizona?
Speaker 2: Well, supposed is an interesting term to use with animals and where they live, right.
Speaker 3: Like they were they born there?
Speaker 2: These particular pecoris were born in Arizona. Yes, they've been in the Americas for longer than people from Europe have.
Speaker 3: So it's not like a Hawaiian mongoose situation.
Speaker 2: No, No, it isn't like an axis deer like the pigs in Hawaii right there. Feral pigs in Texas is probably the best example, right of an invasive species which is replicating at an unsustainably high.
Speaker 3: Rate thirty to fifty every three to five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, that's the That's what we learned from Jamie Loftus's bug guys. I propose that there are people in Texas who make a lot of money from the hunting of pigs, and even though they know their invasive species and a halful species, they would also be sad if they went away because they make a lot of money from people in a helicopters shooting pigs with night vision from a helicopter. That is how like if the government wants to eradicate some think that's how it goes about doing it for the most part. Right, Like we had wild pigs.
Speaker 3: Here, air strikes on the wild hogs.
Speaker 2: The person is using a regular rifle in the helicopter and they're not like using like a mini gun.
Speaker 3: Right, but it's not like the most dangerous game. Just get down there on the ground and follow it around like a real man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the part of the value proposition for that kind of hunter is shooting a gun out of a helicopter.
Speaker 3: Right, you're just a little boy who wants a helicopter ride, grow up.
Speaker 2: That is a Yeah, that is an experience that has previously been unavailable to people outside call of due to your military service. And along that continuum, if you want to find the MiG point, I think it's shooting pigs from a helicopter. It's not my idea of fair chase. I'll say it that way.
Speaker 3: It's not honorable. But if it's that a Rhodesia shoot the pig, yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, there's a there's a pipeline that could have gone in a different direction. So they live in like South and Central America. They have significant populations in Texas and of course in Arizona. Right. The reason we see them so much is because they have adapted to live alongside people. Like they're like a Karen, right. They love a suburb, as we're going to find out, they love a lawn. They fucking hate a golf course, which is a stance I share with them, guys. Yeah, I love to see it every time. I love to see a golf course losing, like period could be natural disaster, it could be pigs. I just like I love to see a golf course destroyed.
Speaker 3: Is it the little high heels that are tearing it up? Or are they like disrespecting their surroundings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they're very They're getting in there with the snout. This is a podcast, right, and it's an audio medium. So what people can't see is that with my neck and head, I'm making a sort of like a yeah, like a truffle pig.
Speaker 3: But they're not pigs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, this is a golf peckery. Different deal. They have evolved right to find water in places where there is not water like Arizona. Like Arizona. Yeah, oh, all the water.
Speaker 3: Is under the golf course, No wonder they're there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all the water is in the golf course. We're going to talk about water and golf a little bit. I want to do a little bit more peckery biology. I guess first, they aren't really great for farming because they take too long to reach sexual maturity. So that's one of the things distinguishes them from your pig. Right.
Speaker 3: Are people eating them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, people eat them. Yeah. Yeah. Their leather is actually really expensive. Like if you want to drop four figures on a pair of gloves, they might be made from a peckery from a have Alina.
Speaker 3: Are they like super solved?
Speaker 2: I think they are. I think that's super flexible. They have a very distinct like spotty situation going on, Like you could see you would know if you saw a haleena glove, if you were in the know, if you're a leather understander, game would recognize game. Think in that scenario, literal game. They'll manage as gain in Arizona, so people can hunt them and people do eat them. You'd probably have to be pretty careful in the skinning and quartering process going around those musk glands. But that's the same with any animal that has those So unlike pigs, right, they take longer to reach sexual maturity, and that means that they're not reproducing at that crazy ass rate. And pigs are great for farming, right. They grow super fast, they reproduce super fast. They are an excellent machine for turning vegetables into meat. It's that is what you're looking at doing, then the pig is going to be a better option for you. But there is evidence that some people have kept them at some points in human history. It's a little little semi domestic swine, and apparently some folks who live in the Amazon rainforests still do. They'll bring them into the town there to live amongst the people. They don't really eat grass. I think people think, well, when they're fucking up a golf course, they're not. I think partially they're doing it for the love of the game, but also they're looking for water. Right. They do love to eat things like mesquite prickly pear acorns. They really do well in over grazed and kind of more barren areas. I guess, so like they're not competing with cattle. These aren't areas of public land or grazing land where you would graze cattle necessarily, right, So.
Speaker 3: No wonder they're dominating Arizona.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're They're crushing it out there in Arizona. They do love water and they do love shade because they're desert animal, right, so they're like, okay, they see water, they I've got to get some of that shit. So one thing they do enjoy is swimming pools. Oh no, a suburban neighborhood. Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: They travel in packs. So you just go in your yard. There's like seventeen of them in your pool. What do you do?
Speaker 2: Squadrons? They's a squadron of Haavelina. I've never seen them swim. It's a drinking situation when they come to the pool. I don't know if they can. So if you've got a video of a havelin a swimming I'd love to see it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be googling this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I would see them. I'd stay out with a buddy who was kind of outside of Tucson. He had a pool and I'd see they will have Alena come in and have a little sip sip from the pool. But they'll fuck up an irrigation hose in the absence of a pool too, Like if they see one right there, they may I don't know if they can hear the water or what, but they get in there and they'll them not ready up get the water out that way. So talking of irrigation, it's time to talk about golf. Do you remember the genesis of the have Alina hate golf moment? I don't think I do.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm imagining all the videos I've seen of them, just like tippy tappening down a suburban street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a good video of one in Tucson and it's sending it like it's a full speed and it's pretty impressive, and people have put various music soundtracks behind it and they're all very funny. This began because let me share this with you. So I'm just going to read it out for the benefit of the listeners at home. Come along with me on my carnage parentheses. I mean, course check this morning.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Yeah, it looks like somebody like used a rototiller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they'll fuck it up like it does look like a rotivator went through there. Yeah, and it's everywhere along this golf course just hits.
Speaker 3: Good for them. I wish they were still there. I would love to see them doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunately but fortunately for us. Unfortunately for MKC Turf that t RF. To be clear, I'm not aware of this person is transfer or not.
Speaker 3: I think she just I think she just loves grass turf rain.
Speaker 2: Oh Molly, she fucking loves grass. Let me tell you. I found an hour and seventeen minute long podcast, Tiger Turf Talk, in which she gives an interview about grass.
Speaker 3: As someone with a tense special interest that is difficult for others. I feel for her, but also I don't know about all that. Girl.
Speaker 2: I want you to just listen to the first tense Tiger Turf Talk with Drew Miller.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is intense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tiger Turf. I lend a lot listening to this podcast. Molly, did you listen to the whole hour aroune seventeen minutes? Yes? Wow, I learned a lot. Turf twitters relentless. Sometimes it's like guys, same team. I come from a country wear. Grass just grows by itself. Now, evidently there are specialist forms of grass. There was a prolonged clip of her describing the damage.
Speaker 4: If I could train them, they'd be amazing sawd cutters because they roll the sad Like a lot of the times you'll walk by and there'll be like a four or five foot section completely rolled over. So they chomp it up a little bit with their teeth and then they nose under it and push it. It just becomes so mentally draining when you fix the same fairway for the tenth day in a row, and it's like, why am I even doing this?
Speaker 2: Just absolutely destroyed by the Yeah, yeah, I think she went to war with the Havevelinas a lost.
Speaker 3: Like Havelina is one hundred mkc terf zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she tried to use million scovel unit like chili oil.
Speaker 4: You bought this million scobel unit chili oil, and we put it in the sprayers and we were spraying it on.
Speaker 2: The we're putting.
Speaker 4: Everyone's eyes are watering.
Speaker 2: Carolina Reaper, I'm your ass out of here.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately for me, the pigs liked it, just didn't even care.
Speaker 3: Oh does that deter them? How do they feel about spicy food?
Speaker 2: Apparently they don't give a shit.
Speaker 3: There's South American.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they come from the place the chili comes from.
Speaker 3: I use chili powder mixed with vegetable oil on my bird seed to keep the squirrels away from it, and that seems to be effective. But a squirrel is a little bit compared to this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's squirrels. Ain't got ship on a helena like I use it for for rats, possums and raccoons and all the other little creatures that have to come and eat my chicken food. It also makes a yolks more kind of orange yellow, which is nice, like a little redness to this un thinks of it. Let's talk about fucking golf, shall we. Golf is a scourge on humanity.
Speaker 3: Especially in Arizona. It should be against the law.
Speaker 2: If we're going to have a state and we're going to have a government, and that state is going to retain the capacity to do violence, I would like to see them direct that towards golf.
Speaker 3: State monopoly on violence against golfers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, if we're gonna do it, we should. We should defend something which is objectively in the public interest, which is not having golf.
Speaker 3: It's just an enormous amount of land for a couple of guys to fuck around on, and an inane amount of water and a lot of toxic chemicals.
Speaker 2: Mm hm. There are more golf courses in the United States than any other country in the world. Why it's hard to say. It's a very American thing. I think it's this idea, right that comes when you steal a large volume of land, that there is a limited space.
Speaker 3: I just want to do the least useful stuff imaginable. It's like a conspicuous land consumption.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let me be flagrantly silly with the land and water. Some more golf stats. There are only three countries on the planet with more golf courses in Florida. The United States has sixteen thousand golf courses, forty two percent of the global total of golf courses.
Speaker 3: Who's playing all this golf?
Speaker 2: I think we could probably pick out a certain demographic group of people who are dominating in golf participation.
Speaker 3: Everything's gender, right, everything's gender. Men are just afraid to say they want to hang out like they crave companionship. They just want to be dudes chilling.
Speaker 2: I played golf once in my life, actually, I guess I went to one of those driving ranges went with my dad. It was hot, sweaty, one of the rare hot days in the United Kingdom. I let go of the golf club.
Speaker 3: Are you're not supposed to do that. You're supposed to hang on to that.
Speaker 2: No, you're not supposed to do that. It went through the roof.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they're insured.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure. Yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 3: And also fuck the golf Manah.
Speaker 2: You can't do a crime against golf because golf is bad. The water, right, like the water use of golf courses is something that will never not make me that. I found some data from the Pima County Board of Supervisors.
Speaker 3: I think famously wet location.
Speaker 2: Pema County one of those places where do you think about it, think swampy water eave.
Speaker 3: Like a rainforest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a real grass Habitat five point five thousand acre feet of a year of water in Pema County use for golf, one third of it comes from groundwater. That's twenty twenty three numbers, so it might have gone up. That equates to more than two thy seven hundred Olympic size swimming pools. So it's about nine hundred swimming pools getting pulled from groundwater, which is not like recycled water. Right, that is draining from a resource that is finite and that we are very much we need to use more carefully. I guess have we considered.
Speaker 3: Pitting the golf courses against the data centers.
Speaker 2: One of the data center talking points was that data centers use less water than golf.
Speaker 3: Because Loudon County has unlimited golf courses and unlimited data centers. And I think they should fight.
Speaker 2: I would love to see I'd love to see this be a zero sum game. I would love to see a set amount of water much less than they're using now portioned off and then we can leave them to it, right, we can let them fight. That will be That would be my compromise solution. So let's talk about have Alina and golf. The golf course isn't being destroyed by havelina. The golf course is destroying the place where the havelna live.
Speaker 3: They're just outside, yeah, there, out there.
Speaker 2: All the time. No one has to irrigate them. They have been digging up juice to little roots for water, drinking from cattle troughs and pools, and thriving in this environment for much much longer than golf.
Speaker 3: I think these fancy ladies are just being responsible stewards of the environment.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If Edward Abbey was still alive, I think he would stand with the have Alina unless some of his more gross opinions got in the way, which they are far too often did.
Speaker 3: Fed with Abby Hee, Why is one of the pictures when I google Hawelena a pizza?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is this hafolina meat?
Speaker 2: It could be. I would imagine that the fat on a havolina is pretty gamy and if you wouldn't want to make it into like a sausage situation.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it looks like sort of like a brisket type texture and it's on top of a pizza. Why is that one of the top pictures of this animal?
Speaker 2: Why would you put it on a pizza? Treat it with respect? Our one Italian listener has now left the podcast. It seems to be pretty fucking stupid. I guess to build this big moist fair way in the middle of havolina's habitat and not expect the havolina to use it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a pie on the window cell. You're gonna You're gonna draw people with the smell of the pie.
Speaker 2: With the pie, and then you say the pie is only for golfers, and then they will say, watch me. It's so incredibly silly to expect the havolina to respect the private property of your gated community or golf course. Like the detachment from the way the world fucking works. That makes you think that the havolina, right, this animal which has learned to thrive often at the worldland urban interface by finding water, it's not going to come to the thing which you are pouring all of our water into. I don't know, it boggles in mind. I guess if people didn't expect this.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm barely respecting their private property and I can read and be arrested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, have alna.
Speaker 3: They can't read or be arrested.
Speaker 2: Why did they They're controlled as a game animal, so not like as as like vermin, right, So they can't just go out and shoot them all. You'd have to apply in the lottery, get your have Aleena tag and then hunt them during the Havolina season.
Speaker 3: Oh only in season.
Speaker 2: Yep, they have a season.
Speaker 3: So if they're just running rampant, there's nothing you can do. You just have to watch and suffer that rocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. They end up trying to make them go away with things like their chili oil, with things.
Speaker 3: Like shaking a can of rocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, putting up a sign it says get off my lawn, you know, like talking about the Vietnam War. I don't know what they what they do to make them go away. They've tried electric fences. I'm sure the pigs have to disrespect a fence, so that wouldn't surprise me. The thing is, people have lived with have Alena for a very long time, right, like in Central and South America. Again, like before European colonizers came here, people have Alina lived here very happily. I read a little bit about their domestication. I don't want anyone to go and try and domesticate have Alena. Animal doesn't have to be cute for you to care about it, for it to have a right to exist on its landscape, right. I think sometimes this is a mistake people make. I see it a lot with like marine mammals, Like people are like, oh, that seal is cute, shouldn't hurt it, Like sea lions are not cute. I know sea lions aren't seals. Sea lions are fucking evil. Look at their teeth. There's a reason they're called lions. If you're going in the water, like if you're spearfishing or something like those they will haras the shit out of you. But like they have a right to exist there.
Speaker 3: There's not many wild animals you should really be touching. I mean, even the prairie dogs have the plague.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't be touching a prairie dog like on the regular. The last thing I want to get into, maley is the mysterious fourth type of peckery, the rarest kind of peckery. So generally there are understood to be three peckory species, right, I didn't know that. Yeah, soja Aline is a collared peckery.
Speaker 3: Okay, because they got the kind of like rough yeah cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they look like like a Shakespearean guy. I mean, vaguely, I suppose. If it's not, it's not a close resemblance. You've got the white lip peckery and the chacoh and peckery as well. Oh who's he the chackhen peckory. He lives further south.
Speaker 3: He looks like a deformed, tiny buffalo. That's so cute.
Speaker 2: After a fashion I guess, yeah, like like a buffalo pig.
Speaker 3: Like if alf was a tiny buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they do have a distinct alf vibe. I didn't know what species alf is supposed to be. Actually, maybe Alfa is a peckery. He's from space, right, Oh, he's from space. Well, space peckery.
Speaker 3: That's the secret fourth peckery.
Speaker 2: That's no, the secret fourth pactory, to my knowledge, is space. It is the giant peckory.
Speaker 3: How big is it?
Speaker 2: It's pretty big?
Speaker 3: Oh, from like back when sloths were as big as an elephant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not quite that big. Yeah, it's not like a like a giant sloths short face bear situation.
Speaker 3: Don't email me. They weren't as big as an elephant, but they were really big, okay, you know, really big. I've seen it at the I've seen it at the museum.
Speaker 2: Its Latin name is Pecory maximus, which I think is pretty sick fair.
Speaker 3: He's the biggest one.
Speaker 2: Yep, they could make a film about him, so they reckon. He weighs about fifty kilos.
Speaker 3: That's like one hundred and ten pounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, about one hundred and ten pounds, which is pretty big. Much bigger than your regular peckory, right, Like your regular pecory is going to be like maybe two thirds of that that I had to guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wouldn't want to fight him on a bike.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, do you hate about a bike? You probably break a bike or part of yourself. It was quote unquote identified by a Dutch biologist. I think this is one of those things that most of us can realize. It's like the Dutch guy wasn't the first guy to see it, right, the two p people who live there, they call it the great pet that lives in pairs.
Speaker 3: Oh, it still exists. This isn't like an ancient creature.
Speaker 2: No, No, this is a this is a well it is a debated topic whether this is a different type of pecory or just a particularly.
Speaker 3: Or is it just one really fat one that people see sometimes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Like is he just the thickest peckori and he walks around on his own just presiciably, like no one wants to share food with him. Oh, he won't fear food with anyone. There is some variants right within any species. Right, so perhaps this guy just happens to be particularly large. It's distinguished from the other peckories which walk around in groups. I guess this one. It seems to be only walking around in pairs or around its own So like.
Speaker 3: Is this a separate kind of animal or is this a situation where it's a whole species of people my size and one guy is Shaquille O'Neal.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is this a natural variant within within the broad peckory universe or is this a completely different peccory up for debate. It seems like science is now moving towards it not being a different specie, and also moving away from peckory being its own genus. Sadly, if this guy was his own species, illegal logging and hunting might make it very likely that he would be extremely endangered.
Speaker 3: I think we should transport him to the nicest golf course and let him be happy.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is where I want to end this podcast with a modest proposal that iHeartRadio send me to the Amazon. I'll ride my bike around until I hit one. At that point I will.
Speaker 3: Wrestle him, put him in the helicopter exactly, yeah, and transport him to the Trump National Golf Course.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will. I'll be the one guy chasing not a pig in a helicopter with night vision for good and I will jump out. God, when I was a kid, we used to do that. Not a kind thing to do to animals, to be clear, and I think it's kind of a douche move. But when I was younger, we would ride on the sideboard to the land rover and then jump out and wrastle warthogs for why. There's a thing that happens between the age of about thirteen and eighteen two men where your brain doesn't work properly.
Speaker 3: Did you ever win?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of times. Most often you.
Speaker 3: Lose because the war hog's not going to tap out.
Speaker 2: No, no, warhog will fuck you up too. Like there, it's definitely like a it's definitely like a more than a fair fight. I mean, even you're on land rover, so it's a bit silly, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Have a stupid question. Yeah, they have warhogs in England.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I wasn't in England at that time. That I was in East Africa at that time.
Speaker 3: Because I don't think that's right. I don't think they have timones or boombas there.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Sadly, we had like the most exciting shit we had growing up was some emius and ostages that escaped. Just occasionally you'd run into one if you're in the right place at the right time. You know, you're going through the woods.
Speaker 3: It's just ready to have my whole world rock finding out that there's English warthogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys up to up there, that would be great. I don't know how long they'd survive. I mean, we had wild boar at one point, right, they thrived until we probably ate them all May's face.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever really looked a warthog up close before. That's there's a lot going on and I would not want to hurl my body at any of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't get the name by accident. It's not one of God's beautiful creatures. They're pretty mean that they'll fuck you up. But yeah, you do wonder how the face ended up like that.
Speaker 3: I'm so surprised. There are not more holes than you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there are a lot. There have been a lot of holes in me over the years. Like when I get an X ray sometimes a person just laughs. I've broken a lot of ribs. Yeah, I would not advise doing that to have Alina or really any animal. It's not kind to her animals because you think it's fun. So don't do that. But yeah, I would advise if you have a giant packory, get it into a breeding program and then let it go like free Willy, jump out of its enclosure and find a home for itself among the fairways and greens of your local golf course. Molly, thank you for joining me on my first podcast where we talk about animals. I am still committed to one day taking you to see a prong horn.
Speaker 3: I want to see a wild animal.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have a show budget for that. Now we're going to see so many. We will go on a pronghorn extravagance.
Speaker 3: I want to see a Halina. Just take me to too.
Speaker 2: So yeah we could. Yeah, we could go to sus On and stay in a suburban motel and you will see a have Alena. I've never seen one really, Okay, yeah we'll maybe we'll recreate my bike accident.
Speaker 3: We'll go vandalize a golf course.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Well we can just watch them with the thing. It's this zero risk. You just watch them, watch them, go enjoy them. Maybe we could get one of those little carts and drive around behind them or something. Get a couple of monsters.
Speaker 3: I would I would pivot to video for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that'll be the one. The one time you will see me streaming is when I'm when I'm with the have Aolino as they fuck up the golf course. Would you like to plug your podcast, Molly where people can learn more about other weird little guys that are not you know, poor signed?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah if you. If you think a peckory is a weird little friend, what about a weird little monster. My show Weird Little Guys is about right wing political violence. It's not as fun as a little not big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's great. It's a lovely podcast. You do a very good job with it, and people love it. They can never get enough Weird Little Guys. So you should listen to that.
Speaker 3: So an ASMR experience about the clan.
Speaker 2: We could have made this an ASMR experience if I had more have Alina recording, maybe I'll ask my friends to record. So we hope you'll subscribe. We're not just going to talk about funny little animals. It's just nice to talk about a funny little animal. We are also going to talk about some serious things. Our next episode, we'll look at cyclospora, which is the diarrhea parasite that is spreading through the Midwest. Oh yeah, we're going to talk about what we can learn about agricultural labor rights from cyclosporer. Then we're going to look at fire, because fire is coming for all of us, including the golf courses, and we're going to talk about what you should do when you get that little buzz buzz buzz on your phone and it says level three go now. And then we're going to talk about what we can all learn from indigenous fire knowledge. So I hope you'll subscribe and we will be dropping episode to every We have two this week if you're listening on the week this comes out. After that, we will only have one, I'm afraid. Oh. Also, yes, you can email us if you want to. If you have a picture of a peckery.
Speaker 3: Or a video of one swimming, Yeah, video of one.
Speaker 2: Swimming, I'd love to see it, or one going after a golf course, you can email us. Natural Causes pod at proton dot me.
Speaker 1: Natural Causes the production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website cool Zonemedia dot com. Or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can find sources for natural causes listened directly in episode descriptions.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.