Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's Dan Patrick Show, Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Every Tom Slott, Go Lee. The TVs are Better TV is on point. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here in for DP and the guys live from the tire rack dot Com studios.
Speaker 2: Tire rack dot Com.
Speaker 3: We'll help you get there, an unmatched selection, fast free shipping, free road has a protection and over ten thousand recommended installers. Tire rack dot com the way tire buying should be. So we mentioned what the Cleveland Browns might do a quarterback or excuse me, at the number two pick, and the feeling is they're going to go with Travis Hunter. That's at least what the speculation is, and the question then becomes what's the long term planet quarterback? Well, listen, Andrew Berry, the GM there says it's a little too early to tell whether or not Deshaun Watson can play in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: I'd like to offer this up.
Speaker 3: Some would argue it's debatable whether or not he's played yet for the organization based on what has happened suspensions, performance, etc.
Speaker 2: Etc.
Speaker 3: But nonetheless, now they've got a quarterback room that's got Joe Flacco and Kenny Pickett. Joe Flacco was brought back. He want comeback player of the Year a couple of years ago, and so the discussion was being had with the fan in Cleveland. He was talking with Ken Carmon and Anthony Lima about the development of quarterbacks in the NFL and had this to say.
Speaker 5: I do think it's important for young quarterbacks to be able to learn. You don't want to put a young quarterback in a football game before he's actually ready, because you know, there's just so many things in the cycle in this league these days is just so quick. You want these guys to be ready. And I do think there's huge advantages to being able to sit back and make sure you get and gain that confidence in and really really learn the game and get get the team surrounded in a good way so that you can go out there and have success. And I think that stuff happens naturally through like competition in different rooms. And you know, like the more competition you have and the more people you have competing, the more conversations come up and the more people learn. I think that's true in not just in sports, but in every environment, you want good people in a room together that can push each other and then you'll get the most out of everybody.
Speaker 3: So that was Joe Flacco talking with the fan in Cleveland about the development of quarterbacks there.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, yeah, he's you know, forty years old now or you know, that's that's what it sounds like. I mean, when you played for as long as he has seventeen years, it's going to come off that way. And I think, look going back to his experience, he was a guy who started, you know, as a rookie, and you know, they had a lot of team success. He was good as a rookie. He continually got better and better and better. But you know, when you go back and look at the course of his career, he had continually developed into the position after his first couple of years to really be a guy that they could rely on, in particular in the clutch. And I think what he probably learned from his looking back at his rookie year and even just playing for as long as he played, is you know, and this is kind of happens I think to all of us as fathers, like you look at your child or you look at younger generations and you're like, oh, I remember going through that, like this is probably what they don't know or this is what they need to know in order to be able to do this the right way or be successful. And now again playing as long as he has, he's seeing all that in real time as he's you know, had to kind of come in and pinch hit, if you will, for a lot of you know, younger guys his Stinton Cleveland back in twenty twenty three, a couple of years ago, and even last year for Anthony Richardson, and I think he's very aware of how different things are now, you know, for quarterbacks coming to the league, where they draft them, they play them, and they rinse them out. Right, they don't get any time to really sit and watch and learn unless you're a part of an organization that tries to do a right or if you've got a Hall of Fame guy sitting there in front of him, or at least a Pro Bowl caliber guy like an Alex Smith or in the case of Green Bay, Aaron Rodgers and then Jordan Love. So that's really few and far between, right. Most teams are hoping they could find a guy who's gonna be a Pro Bowl caliber quarterback, let alone a Hall of Famer, and so I think is you know, his words are wise in the sense of probably everything he's experienced as a starter, as a backup, as a guy who Look, he's made a ton of money at this point in time in his career, He's won a Super Bowl. He's continually been able to prove that he can still do it, and so he doesn't need to. I think there's a desire of want too and at the same time being able to be a guy who's he's got five kids. You know, he's he's a family man, so he probably sees it from a lot different perspective, uh than a lot of guys who play the position, especially a lot of the young guys.
Speaker 6: Dang five kids, he can sling that pill. Huh, he's a quarterback.
Speaker 2: On in I think.
Speaker 3: I think he also said he was, uh it was kind of nice to get away from his kids for a little bit.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: He was kind of half joking, But I think he just wanted to.
Speaker 6: Break I think it's a I think it's a wise move to bring in Flacco for one reason and one reason alone. We could work from there. In my estimation, it's because you have someone that can stabilize an unstable environment.
Speaker 4: As as the quarterback.
Speaker 6: I think the Deshaun Watson conversation has created so much, so much confusion, so much you know kind of you know, is a conflict of how you want to feel about the situation, is it you know what's next for the situation. There's so much Deshaun Watson that has been an agent of deterioration for the Cleveland Browns. To bring a rookie into that equation, whether they're prepared for mentally, emotionally, physically to be able to handle it or not, it's really an unfair task and wait to put on the shoulders of a newly acquired, a newly hired talent for that position for your team and knowing that that element is still there, like whoever goes in has to accept the fact that Deshaun Watson still has to be a part of the conversation in terms of whose team is this at that position.
Speaker 4: That would be.
Speaker 6: The first thing that I would say would be the wisest move in bringing in a quarterback be to bring in a guy like Joe Flacco who things like that are not going to bother him he's already clearly shown you that it's not going to bother him. He's on borrowed time anyway. He's at the end of his career, and anything that he gets from this moment on is he's playing with house money.
Speaker 4: So he's going to go in there.
Speaker 6: He's familiar with the front office, he's familiar with guys that are in the locker room, and he's going to be a positive force to the players that are in there and the other people that are around, including the fan base. He's a positive asset to add to your team and to add to your room.
Speaker 2: And hey, if Pickett proves out.
Speaker 6: Then and is able to learn some things from Flacco during this time, and you get get a bonus and picket developing if you take a draft pick somewhere. They got a few. They got the thirty third pick in the second round, So that's that's a pretty pretty pretty good position to be in to either be able to move up maybe a little bit in the second round or sit there and somebody's going to possibly fall to you at that thirty third pick. I think that for what it's worth, and you may not hear me say this often. I think Cleveland played this particular situation the right way in terms of a quarterback that can handle what's going on right now in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: When he talks about like developing young quarterbacks and you know how to how teams go about or how they should go about it, it still blows my mind that And I know it's not an exact science and every player is different and all that, but it still blows my mind that you draft a guy as almost he's an investment. And I don't know a whole hell of a lot about investing, but I do know that it does take some time, and you don't want to, like, you know, manipulate your investment too soon, because you got to let it grow a little bit.
Speaker 2: You gotta let it.
Speaker 3: And Joe Flacco's point was like, man, I think we got to be a little bit more patient, But nowadays they're just not. They want to know, now, all right, can you play now?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: Who the hell knows?
Speaker 3: Like it could be situation, it could be time, it could be another scenario altogether. Alex Smith took years before he developed. He went through like seven coaches or offensive coordinators or whatever it was, and finally he found something. Had they pulled the rugout early on, he would have never developed into a guy that, you know, brought Kansas City to where they were before Patrick Mahomes took over and got him over the hump. You look at Sam Darnold Baker Mayfield, man, if you would have talked to the Browns back then, the book was written on Baker Mayfield. And yet for some reason, it just feels like, no, we got to know. Now we need an answer. Now it's an investment, but no, no, no, we got to have some answers. We've got to have some returns. Now with Watson, I feel like Baker Mayfield might have done something. They flirted with the wrong person or something man.
Speaker 2: And I thought, look, I think I think Rogers.
Speaker 4: In person, somebody's hey, he upsets somebody.
Speaker 3: I think Rogers, you know, has kind of made this point before to where like, man, there's there's got to be some trust, like some hey, look, we are trusting you're making the decision, and we're trusting this pick at this time, and let's let it grow. Instead, it's like now he can't play, he's got to go like and there's so many examples of that, and I don't get why in a in a business like the NFL, where you are dependent on everybody around you to be successful. Why it all comes down to, now that guy can't play well, no, like, you've got to produce the environment for him to play, and that seems to be lost in so many situations.
Speaker 2: So I keep going back to too, how different the game is at the NFL level from the college level. And I hope people understand this that RPOs they're not as capable or impactful at the NFL level because the rule that you could only have an eligible lineman, for example, downfield only a yard in college and high school it's three and honestly it's more like three and a half because it's so hard for officials to be able to see it at that point in the play. I mean, when you picture or think about an offensive lineman moving three yards downfield, that's a couple seconds into the play, right, he's moving through a gigantic human being across from Even if he's uncovered moving up to the next level, he's still trying to get a sense for what that linebacker is going to be because, don't get a twisted it is a run play, all right. There's different types of pass protections there's pass pro, there's run action pro. Where it's a pass play, the linemen know not to go downfield, but they are doing their best to block it like it's a run, and so their responsibilities in regards to pressure are off. They don't adjust anything they're doing. They are relying on the fate than a run action pass protection to be able to take care of whatever is going on and pre snap, if the quarterback sees something that he's like, this is a disaster, you get out of it right, You audible out of it. But it's entirely different with an RPO, it is a run play. That quarterback has the opportunity to hand that football off high school, college level, even at the NFL level, the way it's taught, and then you're triggering or you're reading off one player on defense, and so the game has become so simplified at the high school to college level to where you have one of two choices. You're either keeping it and you're gonna throw, depending on what that defender does, if he steps up to stop the run or if he stays back in coverage, you're gonna hand the football off. And honestly, RPOs have replaced what used to be quick game, the three step game, where even in three step drop it sounds somewhat simple right one, two, three, you're throwing the football. You're not really able to hitch up in the pocket because you're not getting any depth. You still had to read coverage. Even in a three step game, you had a one high or two high look, meaning if there was one safety middle of the field, you're working to your left. If there's two high safeties right, a split safety look, you're working to your right. Or there could be a three by one set where you're checking your backside singled up route. If you like, you take it. If not, you're probably working a quick progression to the other side. So that used to be like the simplest form of passing back when I was young, back when a lot of quarterbacks were growing up through an era in a time where you used to play under center a little bit more, or even if you were in shotgun. That was part of the quick game. The RPO game has essentially replaced that because you get the ability to put the defense in conflict much more because there's that run pass conflict of reading that overhang defender or whoever whatever defender it is to decide if you want to throw or run the football. And if you think about what three step passing game was, it was like a glorified handoff. It was a higher percentage pass that you're going to be able to to complete and not get a big gain, but move the sticks or at least get enough of a game where it puts you in third and manageable, or you're back on track if you happen to take a loss on first down and so you're back in third and manageable, right, you know in those instances. So to me, the subtle difference is in how the game is taught at high school to college and now's in the NFL. Is one of those things that it takes time, and you're making these decisions in seconds one one thousand and two, one thousand balls got to be out and you've got all these other things you have to be worried about. It's not really that way at a lot of the colleges, even with some of the NFO. You know, coaches that are down at that level or even what they're asking of you know what they're doing. And it's why the NFL has had to adapt a lot of their offensive scheme to what these quarterbacks are accustomed to doing because they don't have the time to develop and no one has the patience anymore to see if they can develop into being that guy, they have to be able to show it in their rookieyearse everyone throws them the wayside. That's weird, man.
Speaker 3: It's unfortunate for these guys that just get lumped in. Like think about Kenny Pickett, what's he on his third team?
Speaker 4: Third team?
Speaker 2: He just got drafted, he just got traded.
Speaker 3: He's traded twice, so this third team, like he just got into the league, Like not that long ago. We were at that draft in Vegas when he was when he was selected, and just the books apparently already written. It is two Pros and a cup of Joe. In for the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you in for DP and the guys coming up next here. Though, somebody's got a unique idea for the NFL Draft. Why though, We'll answer that question and we'll do it next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey Steve and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 9: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 9: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 8: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 9: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 7: I mean that says something, right, So check us out.
Speaker 8: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, shop it up. As they say, i'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 7: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 8: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 7: That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: It's a Dan Patrick show, Fox Sports Radio, LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn Jones knocks in for DP and the guys coming up here a little over twenty minutes from now, We're going to give you a little special glimpse, a little look ahead to the NBA playoffs. So that'll be yours here on Fox Sports Radio. Now it's like like we're talking money making opportunities here and we'll start with the playing games. So again that'll be yours a little over twenty minutes from now here on FSR. So we were mentioning this, Brady, you brought up that the Rams don't hold top thirty visits before the draft. The Jaguars are doing the same thing. I believe the Jacksonville Jaguars have announce they're going to be doing the same thing. Well, the Rams apparently are.
Speaker 6: Two different places in terms of success levels in each of these organizations.
Speaker 3: What do you mean Jacksonville has been in a couple of conference championship games.
Speaker 4: Really long time ago. Yeah, but you know what, when I was in.
Speaker 3: Hospital, you got to celebrate your success, you know, And Trevor Lawrence won that one playoff game.
Speaker 6: So I don't know why you have to be so dismissed. Almost almost had what almost had a big win the next.
Speaker 3: Round, right, Look, if you're trying to go ever since though, if you're trying to go at Pete Prisco, I don't think that that's the That ain't the way to go. That ain't the one you want to hire, you want to pick. You're right, let me stay away from He'll let it fly. He defends the Jaguars at all costs. Apologies, Pete. So, the the LA Rams per CBS Sports, they are going to be holding their draft at the LA Fire Department Air Operations. The LAFD will convert a room at the station into a temporary headquarters for the Rams and that's where general manager Less Sneed and coach Sean McVay will be set up for the draft, which runs April twenty four.
Speaker 4: Through the s.
Speaker 3: The LAFT will also be opening up space and adjacent hangar for other coaches, along with scouts, team personnel.
Speaker 4: And media.
Speaker 3: So look, I love that. Yeah, it's awesome. I'm just I'm just wondering.
Speaker 4: You're you're you're confused though.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just wondering because have they ever done just a draft at their facility? Like if they ever done one just there? And is their facility so unkept that they need to move this around at.
Speaker 4: Different places to be Why does that have to do?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm just asking the question.
Speaker 6: It's a little weird, like there's not a lot of fire station right, yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: Why not? I mean.
Speaker 6: Though I don't know what the the parameters or how it's done out in La County for firemen, But in Pennsylvania you are, you are volunteers. I do a ton of work with with our first responders in that area because the numbers are dwindling down. And maybe it's something that people aren't paying attention to, but the numbers of firefighters is going low. It's going down very quickly, and a lot of it has to do with the firemen that have been serving and servicing our communities are getting old, they're dying. We're not replenished. Yes, it's the true. We're not replenishing them with new firemen and new talent. And the funding isn't isn't there because the funding has to come from the communities. The people have to donate in order for the firemen to be able to have fire outfits, to have you know, fire trucks all that stuff. So I don't know how that is out here in LA but I know this, They've been fighting these wild fires and stuff like that. And I may have a lot to do with why they decided to do it at the fire department is because the fires that we just had here were just crazy. That was unbelievable, how bad that was. So to do something like this, I'm not going to go on the side of there being a conspiracy theory to why they're doing it at like you're doing Johnny, I think that this makes I think this makes way more sense to bring awareness to the fact that the first responders of what takes place in our communities. I think it's really cool to take a moment in time to collaborate and bring awareness and a moment where people are paying attention to who they're going to draft or what is this going to make our team better? It also serves a purpose and endearing yourself to your community. You know, if something doesn't go as well as it could for the Rams, the fan base is sitting there looking at it like, yeah, well, these guys are in our communities though, like they were at our fire station, you know, they did the draft there, Like that's really cool. I think community service, especially with first responders, especially here, I think it's appropriate. I think it's more than appropriate to just leave it at the fact that they're bringing awareness to the people who respond to you know, our emergencies and and and jeez, a tragedy like the La fires. I mean, I think this is a good moment in time, a good feel good story.
Speaker 4: Okay, Why they have it in a Newport Beach house? Huh? One year before, wasn't that COVID and another Malibu beach? Wasn't that COVID? Was that COVID?
Speaker 3: It's never their place, but somewhere else? Was it COVID that one year?
Speaker 4: Yes? Oh okay, I.
Speaker 3: Mean what about the other everybody did it when they were we did it at home. It's a it's a great story that they're they're bringing awareness. Obviously, we know what the fire department has gone throughout here. They're understaffed. It's like, it's terrible and that was a great tragedy that we saw take place, and it was awful for everybody involved and still trying to recover Malibu's businesses were destroyed.
Speaker 4: All all of that. I'm just wonder, did you know that Mastros is gone? Yeah, there's a bunch of places. The one that's in Malibu it's gone, like or Santa Monica Malibu, MO.
Speaker 6: Yeah, appreciated, and that's the one I really enjoyed going to. Yeah, it's gone. No longer there.
Speaker 2: I think they'll be okay, whoa, oh there we go, Oh oh there we go. Where are you going with this queue? I don't know. I mean maybe the Rams are playing during the draft process. Yust needs to feeling himself a little bit. The Rams are feeling themselves. I just look, I just want to know. I just want to hear a little Wheezy's coming out.
Speaker 3: I don't know how he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be part. I mean that would be cool. Wheezy Yeah La, so you got to bring in some like stars and make it fun.
Speaker 4: He lives here too, doesn't He doesn't he live in La. I think he lives everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like America's guest, he is. That's true. He was just down Bill Belichi.
Speaker 6: He was you see, Yeah, a little waye a little wheezy little yeah.
Speaker 3: Little too Chi the fire, little tongue in cheek, Little tongue in cheek.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, It'stucci listen. I just uh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would just assume that you could probably get better work done at your own facility, where you could concentrate on everything.
Speaker 2: This isn't the hay in the barn though. I mean, in all reality, you have so much time leading up to this, and I would imagine that you've got your board set, You've played out a lot of scenarios. I mean, you're doing this for hours every day, and you've probably unless there's some late changes in what you're thinking, or a late medical thing or character thing pops up that concerns you. I would imagine for the most part, though, you've got all the intel, everything you need, and you're ready to roll. So I don't know that you really need to necessarily be in your facility. I don't think it makes that big of a difference. I mean, it wasn't Bill Belichick's dog making picks. Like a few years.
Speaker 6: Back, Jones on his yacht with everybody playing yacht rock, Yes, winwood.
Speaker 2: Wait, does Jerry Jones have a yacht? He?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, dude, I know he had a tour bus. I thought, stay on that tour bus. Now I think shot Con and Dan Snyder of the yacht, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jerry Jones did the Jays on the yacht?
Speaker 4: Lee?
Speaker 2: Can you look that up? See if Jerry Jones is a yacht.
Speaker 10: Yeah, bravo Eugenia, a three hundred and fifty seven foot super super yacht. We're two hundred and twenty five million dollars.
Speaker 2: By the way, everyone always gives Dean a hard time. They're like, what happened on the bus, Dean, what happened on the cowboys bus? Well, what happened on the yacht? What people.
Speaker 4: Know about the Ask old Jerry Jones about that yacht?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I won't make some gloryho, Jerry?
Speaker 10: You animal two helipads asana, a massage, steam room, plungepool and rain shower.
Speaker 2: What do they buy two helipads for helicopters?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 7: Yeah, by the way, looks like, hell, you're so rich. That man.
Speaker 4: Bring like party.
Speaker 2: That man.
Speaker 6: When I say I'm bringing the party to me, I mean I'm bringing the whole damn thing.
Speaker 2: Wait, how big is the yachtling?
Speaker 11: Three hundred and fifty seven feet?
Speaker 4: Still a bit closer to uh two choppers.
Speaker 3: Now, I had a sixty foot boat before, and that was big, and I would be about it.
Speaker 4: It was nice.
Speaker 3: Mastro it was boat like, this is what you're a man of the people. That's the thing I am.
Speaker 6: Actually, yeah, that has nothing to do with I mean, actually it has everything to do with the money.
Speaker 2: That I'm teeth.
Speaker 6: I do have gold tooth, not teeth. It's not plural yet it's going to be.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, you can't even see it. It's like it's hidden back there exactly. I'm not a flossy person.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 4: That boat was was purely for enjoyment.
Speaker 2: I mean, the biggest flex you've ever made was the coy pond in the house. That's still the biggest flex.
Speaker 4: But they all died.
Speaker 2: Damn that was your fault. I tried to save them, I really did. But I'm just saying, like, I don't know anyone else outside of some Asian restaurants that I've been to that have had coy pons inside. I've seen coy pons outside. I guess if you count was like the Wind. I think the Wind Casino has one. Maybe they're in every win I don't know. I've not been to that many wind casinos and hotels, but you are the only individual, not a business, but an individual that I've ever met that's had a coypon in their house. And by the way, so many, so many that died during this. Not only did you name them, you had that many, but also the smell you talked about from them dying in that Yeah, I mean if it was one or two, it couldn't.
Speaker 4: Smell that bad. No, it was way more than that.
Speaker 3: Those fish good you were giving them wagou beef, right something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, The pellets that gave them was really good. I had a very very good Uh. I was gonna say that the meat, what are their taker? They eat pellets? I had some really really good I don't know, I don't know. I mean my guy handled it. I just I mean he would stock us up. I throw it in there and feed them.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Is a great meeting place too, you know, you like you sit down. It was right off of my my uh my grand four yer, which I made like the w hotel, it had a big Instead of having like a crazy expensive chandelier, I had a disco ball and that was pretty dope.
Speaker 2: Don't we all.
Speaker 4: I had a big ass disco ball.
Speaker 2: They do eat worms and insects, so in that pellet had have been ground up something.
Speaker 4: It might have been. Man, it might have been a five. I think it's called It's possible. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I wasn't getting the stuff. I was just getting it stuck by my my pond guy who.
Speaker 2: Bill tell me? You would never have a coy pon in your house. If you could build a house, have one of that size.
Speaker 3: If y'all want to see a flex, look at what I just sent you as this is. This is the draft gift I got for Abdual Carter.
Speaker 2: Just so y'all know. So if you're not showing me a picture of that coy pon in that house, I don't want to see it. Man, Do I have a picture.
Speaker 3: I'll show you a picture of it. A Lee, Can you pull up a cemetery and send it over to Brady.
Speaker 4: That's pretty that's pretty cold blooded.
Speaker 2: Man. Just for the record, I had played no part in this. I seriously want to see the coypon. I gotta see if I can find it.
Speaker 4: Dead Bond No, oh no.
Speaker 3: You imagine walking into that house though, I mean the house is so big you probably couldn't smell it, but like you imaginely like walking into Labar's house and just the odor of dead Koi.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 6: It was when that big ass storm took place and no one could get there. No one could get in there, so I couldn't get my my generator. I couldn't get gas for my generator because no one could get get to me. So we ended up going out losing power, and we weren't able to uh yeah, save them.
Speaker 2: When you look back on that, do you look at spending money on the Koipon and the Koi in general and regret it.
Speaker 4: Or you're like, no, that was a good purchase.
Speaker 6: I regret that they had to go out that way like that. That that bothers me. I think about them every so often.
Speaker 2: Hey, God's got a plan, though, man, yeah, God's got a plan.
Speaker 3: I felt really really terrible about it. But what's their plan? Somebody throw them down a handy.
Speaker 6: They did give us some some great years, though, they gave us some great years. They grew from little baby baby Koi to like really really big Koi. Like they got really big and they were very happy up until that that happened like like I said, it was like a meeting joint, Like we go sit there, we could talk, like they will come up to you like they they swim up to you, like very very energetically, like come up to you and they like be like you got something for me? Get I get you a handful of pellets, this, that and the other. You feed them, they'd be right there boom hanging out.
Speaker 2: With So you don't you don't regret the purchase.
Speaker 6: Obviously that's because they were so therapeutic for for all everybody who came in there like that.
Speaker 4: That would be where you sit like you sitting here to coy pond.
Speaker 6: There was a shuffleboard table nearby, there was a pool table nearby, like a lot of TVs.
Speaker 4: It was very comfortable.
Speaker 2: My only experience is when you walk into the wind, there's certain entrances, but they've got a coy pond and it is very relaxing. It's it's like just it's pretty. It's nice. It's like, oh, stay there of money in your casino, right. But the most my most recent terrible purchase was you know, we got our infants, so we're still get u in the middle of the night. Trying to get them to sleep through the night, and I was like delirious, and I had had this flavor of ice cream from Graters. They've got a limited dish it strawberry with like chocolate chip inside. It's it's amazing, sounds good, but it's a limited edition and I don't know when they're going to stop selling it. So I loaded up on like a six pack, and I told my wife this morning, said, hey, babe, I've made a stupid purchase last night. She's like what, I go, I just got six little many pints of strawberry chocolate chip. I go, I know you like it too, and she goes, yeah, I'm I'm kind of on this new diet. I'm trying to avoid dairy. She's like, you're a moron, and I was like, yeah, well, okay, I regret it. I don't know what I'll actually get to those things when I'll eat it, But if you can go out and try that, because it is absolutely delicious right now. Yeah, but they're gonna stay Jonas Jonas, I know you won't.
Speaker 3: You don't eat dairy, so no, yeah, probably there's no Graters out here, so really, yeah, you can't find any grocery stores.
Speaker 2: Lee, is there a graters out here?
Speaker 10: We Well, I used to get it all the time after being gifted some graters from Brady and me and the lady friend will get it all the time, but they stopped.
Speaker 2: Me and the lady Chris. Is there graters out here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: It's uh Jonas Knox's Christmas gifts.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but that you can like mail it and get it chipped.
Speaker 11: But I mean like no, no, no, no, no, God no.
Speaker 3: They used to carry it out one of the super market that they stopped, God forbid.
Speaker 2: But even then, I mean, you're not gonna eat it, Jonas. You that's gonna look like someone opened up for you who and poured it down? I mean that is true, That is true. That's discussed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brady knows better. You buy me a milkshake, there better be a pair of socks that come along with It's not gonna go.
Speaker 4: Well see what I said, hill I did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so who makes that for you to give to him?
Speaker 3: It's a collaboration Gold shots at Gold Gold the Gold Store.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see the g l G. Yeah, so that's out.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous. Don't you give me one of those because you're not sticks. You're not a stick my legs. I mean, your legs are sticks, but we're not a getaway.
Speaker 6: Sticks that I maybe maybe if we maybe, if we make it to the bigs, you know, maybe we'll we'll, I'll get us all change. Although Brady definitely won't wear a chain, that's not his thing, but he could put it in like you know, well trophy my defense.
Speaker 2: I don't like wearing any like I don't like wearing watches either. Yeah, I've tried every type. I don't know. I just something about like wearing stuff like I don't have to worry about that. I don't have to if it breaks or I lose it. I mean, I can't keep a pair of sunglasses, like I tell my please, no one ever buy me sunglasses. Yeah. I just had one get the lenses kicked out the other day that I think was a Christmas.
Speaker 4: Gift and they were probably huh it was mine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get one were out of like I get one. Were got to get those liquor store loaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I buy them from Amazon Now they're like ten bucks, and I still lose those.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 2: I have no I it's the only thing in my life like I lose on a consistent basis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very true. Well, hey r I p to to my Coy's.
Speaker 6: I hope y'all hear me up there in coy Heaven and shouts out to the Rams for doing it at a first responders fire department.
Speaker 3: Unlike Jonas, I do believe that that is pretty cool to bring awareness to our our firefighters. I also want to point this out Brady walking into Levar's mansion cold.
Speaker 2: We heard it smells we heard one more time, Jonas, where where are they having? We're the Rams having their draft party this year?
Speaker 12: The l A yeah, the l A F d Oh gosh, you guys, you guys are And you know what, people will blame this s on me.
Speaker 6: They'd be like, oh, LeVar, LaVar's got them playing the little the little wheezy guy, the fire fire man, little tongue in cheek and put you up.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, LaVar, can you tell Jonas how disappointed you were and the musical pics that I had for I.
Speaker 4: Was not disappointed what happened.
Speaker 6: I was only disappointed the fact that my song did not remain an hour.
Speaker 2: I'm playing fire Top, which is like one of the all time my I mean, everyone loves that song. LeVar could care less. It was just like you're doing that song.
Speaker 6: He totally took over, you know, Q took over and and put put the shows uh songs on and then that's that's fine.
Speaker 4: It was the Players Club.
Speaker 2: I'll try to picture like, you know, when I see you out, like on the street, we walk up to one another, you.
Speaker 6: Know, yeah, what up, dough wait, it's good to see you, Like, it's like really good to see you. You know, I think we do that. I'm gonna tell you why. I think we do that, because we be losing one another. Man, Like we people don't realize that when we come up out of them trenches like some of us don't. We don't last long like some of us get up out of here. And that's like when I say it's good to see once, a lot of times it's because one you're in good health. You look to be in pretty decent health. Some of us be limping around and leanked over or leaned back or bow legged out and stuff, fingers all jacked up. But you're here and it's like, man, it's good to see you, bro.
Speaker 2: Like you good man.
Speaker 6: It's good to like, I say good to see we every single time I see a VET, a retired guy, we all like, it's literally like four or five times you say good, it's so good to see you. Man, it's good to see you. But you won't get that, Jonas, So you don't never have to worry about that. You don't have to worry about that, my guy. Sorry sir, maybe in another.
Speaker 2: Life because you white dog.
Speaker 4: But McCoy won't get it either.
Speaker 2: No, they won't.
Speaker 4: Hopefully they didn't clog that toilet they jump down. No, they couldn't go down.
Speaker 3: By the way, still driving that rusty old ride or that trusty old ride. Keep it looking sharp with Maco from dense to faded paint. We've got you covered. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Maco by the way. Coming up next here, we are going to tell.
Speaker 7: You how you can.
Speaker 6: They're not fit down and we gave them proper burials.
Speaker 3: You can make some money on the playing games in the NBA. We've got those for you right here at FSR.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio App.
Speaker 3: It's a Dan Patrick show Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Harrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming off top of next hour. We'll call it a little over ten minutes from now here for the tire rack dot Com Studios. You're going to hear what the future could look like for a future Hall of Famer in the NFL.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that for you here on FSR.
Speaker 3: A reminder though, that you can stream this show in all of our Fox Sports Radio shows live twenty four to seven in the new and improved iHeartRadio app. Just search Fox Sports Radio in the app to stream us live. One of the newest features in the app is that you can select Fox Sports Radio is one of your presets, just like the presets on a radio dial.
Speaker 2: So be sure to preset Fox Sports.
Speaker 3: Radio and the iHeartRadio app and it will always pop up at the top of your screen.
Speaker 1: Time to put your money where your mouth is.
Speaker 4: I have been losing.
Speaker 2: I know you aligning low lifecambly the genuine.
Speaker 3: It's over under all right, we got playing action in the NBA later tonight lead to lap what do we got that's right?
Speaker 11: And you can go to DraftKings and find odds just like this.
Speaker 10: For instance, points, rebounds and assists for Anthony Davis total mind forty five.
Speaker 3: And that's for tonight at that Jonas over take the over over Jonas, Yea, I'm gonna take the over.
Speaker 13: I'll take the over as well too, Lee over on forty five points rebounds assists for Anthony Davis and the MAVs versus the grizz How about this number of grenade celebrations for John Morant night out a half?
Speaker 4: Oh God, over eat that. I'm gonna take the under. I think he likes to change weapons. Damn anybody. He might use a different weapon other than.
Speaker 2: A game time decision. Let me, you know, can I do have a chart kind of tracking this stuff? To give me a second. I'll take the overly.
Speaker 11: I think it's even more likely if he's on the bench.
Speaker 2: That he throws a grenade from the bench.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dang.
Speaker 2: If he does a blow dart, he listens to this show.
Speaker 6: If he does a blow dart, I'm going to the rest of his games the rest of the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, all right.
Speaker 10: How about this heat at Hawks heat our point favorite on DraftKings.
Speaker 11: Points for Trey Young in this game over under twenty six.
Speaker 2: Take the under.
Speaker 6: He had a crash out the other night. I'm gonna take the over. He's gonna well, yeah, I think he'll bounce back.
Speaker 11: Well, how about this?
Speaker 10: How about a number of road teams that win tonight in these playing games out a half heat our favorite at the Hawks Grizz or a favorite at home?
Speaker 4: Who's that?
Speaker 2: What was the last one and a half? I'll take the over.
Speaker 4: Miami will win what was the last game again?
Speaker 6: MAVs at Grizz, MAVs at Griz, MAVs at Grizz, and set the heat.
Speaker 3: At I'll take the over. By the way, it wouldn't surprise me. They both won Dallas so good the other night they did.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm gonna take the under.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 10: And how about this point total for both games combined four forty one and a half both games.
Speaker 2: Combined under under. Yeah, they'll step up defense for a sudden death or game elimination.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take the over.
Speaker 6: They're gonna score a whole lot of points.
Speaker 2: That's a whole lot of money.
Speaker 6: Where's a party, Where's a party, Where's a party?
Speaker 4: Weapon of choice? Yeah, I don't know he might come with something different.
Speaker 3: Man, No grenade, No, he can't do the shotgut anymore. Maybe a blow dart.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: He can do the grenade still though. It might be a could it be an arrow? It could be a bow and arrow?
Speaker 11: Sleep shot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but didn't didn't you say? Bolt?
Speaker 4: That's not destructive enough? Doesn't seem destructive?
Speaker 2: The same bolted the bone arrow? Right? He did the bolt because he's the bolt. You know that's a.
Speaker 4: Bolt, sir?
Speaker 2: Is that a bow and arrow? It's a bolt?
Speaker 1: Picture?
Speaker 11: Who did the bow and earl?
Speaker 2: I don't know what was it? Rocker?
Speaker 4: Did Rocker do a bow and arrow? He did something else in the chief chief safety, he did some different.
Speaker 2: Rocker let his mouth get him in trouble.
Speaker 6: Yeah, didn't they fighting mahomes? I don't know anyway. Yeah, that's a bolt for you saying bolt? Bro got you?
Speaker 7: Jah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, grenade