Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan. It's listener Q and daytime. We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions. Well, here we are, lunchbox. Do you want me to say it now?
Speaker 2: Go for it?
Speaker 3: No no, no, don't don't don't don't do it now you already miss your opportunity. You can't come back and do it.
Speaker 2: But technically it is another opportunity to do it. But again it still feels too unspecial.
Speaker 1: Lunchboxes.
Speaker 2: Here the legend from Price is Right, or as most of yours from the Bobby Bone Chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for being here.
Speaker 3: Oh you're welcome, Thanks for having me. It just feels amazing to be known as the guy from the Price Is Right. Like that is a pretty cool moniker that I've always wanted in my life, and now I can put it in my.
Speaker 1: Portfolio, and now you have it.
Speaker 3: Forever, forever, forever, ever, forever ever, Evan never seems so long.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, we have some shout outs to start.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, shout out, shout out.
Speaker 2: Drew in Massachusetts said, I knew it made my morning, so happy for you, lunch.
Speaker 3: I love you, appreciated, Drew.
Speaker 1: We've got Tracy in Washington.
Speaker 2: I love LB and so happy he crushed the price is right secret best bit. We've got Brandy and Tennessee so proud of you. We've got Sarah who said lunchbox is literally the best. Congratulations on prices right.
Speaker 3: It must have been my sister.
Speaker 1: Now is your sisters? Name is Sarah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jen and Tennessee. I legit teared up watching him on the show and smiled like it was my own friend who made it on so big shout outs there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I did see one comment I don't even know where it was, and some guy named Mark Nelson comment, I was his eighth grade math teacher. But that's all he commented, like, nothing good or bad, just I was his eighth grade math teacher.
Speaker 1: Is that funny one that happens?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And I was like, oh, that's interesting. But I mean I did have a mister Nelson as an eighth grade math teacher, so it must be him.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's just all he wants, that's all he.
Speaker 3: Wanted to say. I guess I have no idea. I don't know if he's still teaching or what, but uh, yeah, is it we shout out mister Nelson, shout out eighth grade teacher. He was in the portables at Marcuson. Like, if you walk out the doors, you go the second portable, he's right there. And if you sat on the porch of his, which I did a lot because I got in trouble, you could see mister Brown's portable over there diagonal.
Speaker 1: Your schools were portable.
Speaker 3: We had some portables. Oh wow, you didn't have portables.
Speaker 1: No, ours was all in a building. There's one giant building.
Speaker 3: Oh man, we had so many kids they put portables out there.
Speaker 1: Heck, yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Is that what you called him? Portables?
Speaker 2: No, because we didn't half of them. Oh, I just was going out before you just said, Yeah, they're.
Speaker 3: Called portable, and that's what I called them. There are two classrooms in one little building outside and they have it. They're connected by the little walkway by the bathrooms.
Speaker 1: Is that why you portables, because it's by a portable bathroom or something.
Speaker 3: No, that's just what they were called. All right, you're oh, this class is out in the portables.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, mister Nelson, what up? I never knew his name was Mark.
Speaker 2: We did talk a whole the entire part one is all about prices right, his entire experience. I had a whole lot of questions for him, So do check that out. We have a few more listener ones here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let's bring them on, man, because that's what we're here to do.
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to do it for the first half and SECONDLF. We'll get into some more normal ones because we did spend the whole part one.
Speaker 1: Who cares about normal a lot of it? What did the green ribbon on the tech stand for? On prices?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Vanessa and Austin, Oh, Vanessa and Austin.
Speaker 3: Well, I've seen a lot of theories online. Some people thought it was for the camp that got flooded. Some people thought it was for this mental health awareness. But I'm pretty sure it was for kidney awareness.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're pretty sure? So somebody put it on you, Yeah, put it on you.
Speaker 3: I think Lisa was her name. There was two ladies in pink. I can show you their pictures and maybe they have it on their shirts, but they are the ones that put it on me. Oh would you mind wearing a ribbon for kidney disease awareness? I think? And I said, oh, I wouldn't mind at all. I would love to do that, and I put it on and I forgot all about it till the show aired, and I'm like, oh, I did have a ribbon on my shirt. I forgot all about that.
Speaker 1: Didn't take it off. Was it lime?
Speaker 5: Green?
Speaker 1: Dark green?
Speaker 3: Let me hold on, We're almost there.
Speaker 1: I pulled up all the different greens.
Speaker 3: Let me show you here it is. Let me show you where's her picture? Here? She is, Oh, I can't.
Speaker 1: See no, boy, I'm gonna be here for a minute.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you what her shirt says.
Speaker 2: It does say mental health is one, environmental causes is another.
Speaker 1: But then there's also organ donation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kidney because it's dialysis queen is her shirt.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it must be organ donation representing living organ donation and kidney disease.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kidney disease, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there you go. So yes, that was I love that you forgot you had it on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forgot I head it on until this show air and I'm like, oh, I do have a green ribbon on my shirt.
Speaker 2: How do you plan on handling your new celebrity status? Matt from New Hampshire, Ah, you.
Speaker 3: Know it's gonna be tough. It's it's been hard to go out in public and everybody you know, hounding me and talking to me even more than usual. So we'll probably keep a low profile, stay in the house a little bit more.
Speaker 1: On the real though, what has anything really changed?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Not really, okay, no, no, just sure, because you had to go a little bit viral, No more than a little bit. Last I checked you is one million? Is it over that now?
Speaker 3: Uh? It was like one that's just ours.
Speaker 1: I haven't checked any other one, so it was like.
Speaker 3: One point four million.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you dig a viral, yeah, in a moment, so it's possible.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people from viral can recognize. So but on the real yeah, nothing.
Speaker 3: Really is changed yet. Nothing really is changed yet, And you're.
Speaker 1: Just gonna plan to handle it like normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna, you know, sign autographs, bless babies, just what I do.
Speaker 2: Why don't you use your real name on the Big Show? Do people all know you by your real name at the studio Halle in Kansas?
Speaker 3: No, No one at the studio knows me and by my real name. May never call me my real name, never, will never have That's just the way it is. Even the salespeople don't know my real name a lot of the time, so that's how it is. They'll have to email me, Hey, how do we get you? What's your real name?
Speaker 2: It was funny to see I think equal parts reaction to your name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a little weird, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, I didn't know that was his name, and holy crap, now we know.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like that was a huge part of a lot of the engagement that was happening.
Speaker 1: Also, the fact that they were excited.
Speaker 2: You had like half excited, half freaking out, and then half that were like so freaked.
Speaker 1: Out by your name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was something. And some of the comments, let me tell you, Like some of the comments were so dang funny, Like what the the one comment that made me so laugh out loud some guy. I mean it was obviously a price is right fan, Yeah, said that dude would make a value nervous. I thought that was so funny.
Speaker 1: That is funny, Like that is hilarious.
Speaker 2: I love your ability to laugh at all of the comments like hilarious.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: And you responded to some of them funny. I love a snarky, funny comment back like it's entertaining to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like what I mean some of the coments like I'm so glad that idiot lost. I mean I was cheering for him to lose, and I wrote, you misspelled, heartbroken?
Speaker 1: You take it all in stride. It's so many about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm gonna tell you one comment I wanted. I wanted to respond, but I didn't. Someone coming. I don't even know who this dude is, he goes. I used to play soccer against him in Austin. He wasn't very good. What what does that have to his prices?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: He's the one that inen?
Speaker 3: But what a weird comment on the prices run, you know what I mean? Like that was no nothing to do with anything. And I was just like, what a random and I loved him. I was like, I don't know who you are. I was like, you must have sucked too, But whatever, that's fine. I'm still love that.
Speaker 1: That one was the one that round you up just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I've been living rent free in his head for how many years? I mean I haven't lived in Austin in thirteen years, So he still remembers me whooping his all over the field. I guess.
Speaker 2: Was okay, I didn't put two and two together on this was he on both The Price Is Right and Springer with a girl named Tamika Amy from Illinois.
Speaker 3: Amy from Illinois put some respect on her name Springer. Her name was Cu Cu Meka with a K, and Tamika was the girl on a Price is Right. It is kind of crazy that they had such similar names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Meka part is pretty unusual that they.
Speaker 3: Don't even know each other and we were side by side in both episodes. That's crazy and I never even noticed it until people pointed it out once it aired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a few people that questioned that.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know that I even listened to the names, because to your point, it was very loud. Yeah, it was even with the audio of them being over and calling things, it was still loud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that was definitely Cumika on Springer still talk to her to this day. Texted her to watch the episode. She did not respond, so I don't think she watched.
Speaker 1: Do you still talk to her regular or was that a random type?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, Kamika is still VFF with my sister. They lived right by each other. They're still tight still hang out, still grab dinner. Yeah, such an interesting We went to a wedding. My cousin, Jessica was getting married back in Austin, and we it was a no kid wedding and so all my family was going to be at the wedding, so we didn't have anybody to watch our kids. They stayed. They went to Kamika's.
Speaker 1: I thought you almost said to me, Ka there for a second.
Speaker 3: No, Kamika. Now, Kamika watched him for us, and then we went and picked him up when the wedding was over.
Speaker 2: And yeah, shout Outka and Tamika. Yeah, Camika Woods, we're going to take a break.
Speaker 1: That is all for our prices right again, if you want to go check out part one. We talked.
Speaker 3: Oh that's it, We're done with prices, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had some other You don't.
Speaker 3: Have any Drew carry Drew Carery didn't ask a question.
Speaker 2: Drew Carrey did not ask I don't think he follows me on Instagram.
Speaker 3: I got a question. Do you think if we if you talked to Drew Cary, if he ran into him, said hey, do you think he remembers me from six months ago? Or has he flushed out of his mind.
Speaker 2: I think it depends how many he does a day, and how many I mean three a day.
Speaker 1: I bet he would remember you in some former fashion.
Speaker 2: I think you had such unusual energy and you gave him such a belly laugh. I think you don't forget that easily, but maybe a year from now it just gets blured.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many he does?
Speaker 3: All right, that's valid. That's a valid man. I'm not going to argue or either way.
Speaker 2: I just I do think I think that moment, especially if like you even briefly recalled it, I think he remembers that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, like that that was such a genuine belly laugh.
Speaker 2: And if you think about like all the times that you're like, oh yeah, I really belly laughed at It's just sometimes it gets a little fuzzy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if you do that a lot. Oh he does it a lot, so I think he will. It's just like kind of in there.
Speaker 3: Got it? Okay?
Speaker 1: Do you just worry?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I have no idea. I just I wondered if I ran into him six months from now, could I be like rumor me and he'd be like no.
Speaker 2: I think he would on some way, also depending on your look because sometimes.
Speaker 1: You have your beard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you have your beard, no way, if you're kind of a different person when you have your beard.
Speaker 1: But if you look like you looked that day.
Speaker 2: Yes, Also you don't wear a tux correct, so like you're kind of incognito.
Speaker 1: I think it would also depend on how you show up to him.
Speaker 3: Okay, what if I can bounce it up to him like I did on the.
Speaker 2: Show, then you might remember you, Like, I think it's all about who you were in that.
Speaker 1: Moment to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But if you showed up to.
Speaker 2: Him right now, chilled out energy, you're in your hoodie, you have a little bit of a beard, you like, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Who you are, valid valid energy remembers.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, we're gonna take a break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: What is your most cherished childhood memory? I said that word, Carrie in Missouri. You're most cherished childhou memory?
Speaker 3: Oh, cherished childhood memory? I mean, how do you have one cherished childhood memory?
Speaker 1: I have there one that just like pops in your mind as soon as it's said.
Speaker 3: I mean I have so many. I mean I have and it's all different, Like I mean with my boys and throwing things at cars, toilet papering houses. Those are such great memories, like we had so much freaking fun in our neighborhood. And then I have family memories driving to Grandma and Grandpa's and you know when they lived my dad's parents, when they lived in Topeka, and we would drive up their gravel driveway and just the noise of hitting the driveway, or driving to Chicago to see my mom's parents and they had little gravel right in front of their garage and it was just like a little bit you pull off the street and the crunch was the sound of us getting there, which is something I will never forget. So there are so many there's driving to Chicago to see Grandma and Grandpa and my mom thinking, oh, I'm gonna do something fun and I'm gonna read a book to my kids, and she read Where the Red Fern Grows and I mean, spoiler alert, spoiler alert. We are pulling in to Grandma and Grandpa's. As you know the end, Dan and Anne they passed and we were all in tears. I'll never forget that.
Speaker 2: That's a terrished one, yet it is hardcore memory.
Speaker 3: I remember being like we drove a van, my grand my dad's parents van up to Chicago, had a trailer to the back because we're going to bring some furniture back. I don't know what we were doing. And my sister just turned sixteen and they let her drive some and I was asleep in the back of the van, and I remember her I'm lost. I don't know what new. How do I turn it around? And we were stuck trying to turn around when I woke up and it was nighttime, and I do remember that. I don't know where we were, but I know we were on the way home. I remember that. You know, usually there's a lot. I can't just pick one cherished memory. I remember there was a green three thousand GT a car that lived in our neighborhood. Husband and wife, they had matching ones, and I mean we would just fake like we were throwing something at that car, and that dude would hit that and reverse and chase us and running through the woods. I mean, it was unbelievable how mad he got. And we didn't even throw anything. We would just fake throw it, like I fake throw, fake throw. When a card be coming, we'd yell, fake throw, fake throw, and we didn't have anything.
Speaker 2: How you didn't end up in jail until the show does shock me a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I remember getting busted by the cops when I was ten years old and being on my knees in the sideyard and them yelling at us and yelling at Jackson because who's the oldest one here? What is your problem? You think you're sending a good influence for these kids, Bob, and just yelling at them. And I think he may have pooped his pants.
Speaker 1: Oh it was Jackson, like.
Speaker 3: Twelve or thirteen, not much, no, And I remember being on the fin and about the don't you climb over that damp e fence?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: All right, get down like they have their flashlights house, I mean as so, Yeah, I don't have one like core childhood memory I remember. I mean time at the ballpark. Time at the ballpark.
Speaker 1: All the memories go on here forever.
Speaker 3: Around running around the ballpark and being there every night with your friends and just playing buns up and you know, playing paper cup baseball and racing around the bases after games. And one person goes towards third, the other person goes first. You almost run into each other's second base and I mean, it's amazing, So I don't have one riding our bike to the store under to Sonic and getting you know, thirty two hours shakes which we would not be able to drink. And I remember one time I went with Josh Thickpin and we rode all the way to Sonic, got all the way back and we're turning onto my street and Josh hits the curb and drops his shake and explodes right there in the street. I'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's around really good. And I feel like if I don't stop here right, how you're going to keep going? I mean, I have so many I can't I know, I know, but this is not just a chop in your podcast, so we have to keep me well.
Speaker 2: She asked me for one, I know your most and then you went on like ten different ones.
Speaker 1: Are any of your kids following in your soccer footsteps?
Speaker 3: James in Virginia, James in Virginia, all three of them following my soccer footsteps. They all love the game of soccer. They play it so much more than I did at that age. They play it all the freaking time. They play it in the house, they play it in the front yard. They play it in the backyard. They play every day at recess at school because the first graders and kindergarteners go out at the same time. So my two older boys always play soccer at recess every single day. They love soccer.
Speaker 1: Have you tried to tell them there are other things that they can also play?
Speaker 3: They play baseball, they play basketball, They do it all them. They love sports. They are sports addicted.
Speaker 1: Well, you are their father, so correct. That tracks correct. What is the next TV show you want to be on? Susie from South Carolina? I think we kind of determined that surviv.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to be on it, But I got I mean here's I got to get in shape to get on Survivor. I got to get in shape. My muscle, my my my stomach issue. Haven't been able to run in almost a year, and so I am out of shape. As you could see my heavy breathing on Prices right. My cardio is not where it needs to be. And I'm still going to physical theory be trying to get this right. So but if Survivor call today, I would have to tough it out.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you are into momentum, right, now, so you might have to figure that out.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'd just go I would. I mean, I'd say screw it. I'd just be in pain. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Just make it as far as you can make it.
Speaker 3: You mean to the final tribal council where I get to I think lobby the jury. Why I deserve a million dollars? Absolutely, I would. That's what you mean. By making it as far as you could, my torch would never be snuffed.
Speaker 1: Give me a call.
Speaker 3: It's Jeff Propes. Give me a call on the selly.
Speaker 1: Hey, dad, did you hear that called Jeff Propes?
Speaker 2: They?
Speaker 3: Oh, get your dad knows him.
Speaker 1: From high school. They haven't spoken really since high school. So, I mean, that's about it.
Speaker 3: Do you know how amazing I'd be if your dad put in a call to Jeff Propes for me.
Speaker 2: Well, if they have a high school readion anytimes? Jelly go, Well, what was I gonna say? I think you would make it to the end of survivor in your best condition, But right now.
Speaker 3: Hey, the best condition people don't make it. It doesn't matter. Really. Physical ability is not is just a part of it. It's all about the social game and being able to make connections and alliances and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I listen, everybody thinks they're going to make it to the end. Everybody goes on that show thinking they are so good and they're going to make it.
Speaker 1: Everybody thought that about prices, right though, And you did it.
Speaker 3: That's very true. I did do it. I mean it all the way to the end.
Speaker 1: Just saying okay.
Speaker 2: Last question, what is your favorite golf course to play in Austin any part of Austin?
Speaker 1: J Michael, Oh, Jane, Mike.
Speaker 3: We'll see. Here's the thing. I was not a very I'm not very good at golf, and I can't play at the expensive courses, so I would say my I mean, Bluebonne is no longer there, Lions Municipal. I've not played it in forever. I would love to play it again, just because when I was younger, I thought it was the most impossible course. I thought it was so freaking hard, And now I kind of know how to hit a golf ball. Not great, but I kind of know how. So I wonder if it's really that hard or was it just that I sucked so bad?
Speaker 1: Were you when you played it? Oh?
Speaker 2: Nine?
Speaker 1: So different, different stage of life, different stage of golf.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't very good. But now I can at least hit the ball sometimes. Yeah, and so I wonder if it's really that hard, what else is good? Where else did we play?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Uh, Kaiser, I love Kaiser. Kaiser was good. And then the one in south of town? What the heck was it.
Speaker 5: Called dude Dude Dude not blue Bonnet Dude, Dude, dude, dud dude do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to think of Creek, Barton Creek.
Speaker 3: Oh, I never played Barton Creek. I ain't that. I ain't Rich. Riverside, No, Riverside is rock, I mean Riverside, Jimmy Clay's.
Speaker 1: Okay, Falconhead, I played that. Falcon Head is good, Okay, grey Rock, Great Rock is good.
Speaker 3: I played that.
Speaker 1: But these are not the ones you're thinking of. No, Plum Creek.
Speaker 3: Plum Creek's a good one. That's it.
Speaker 1: I was the one, that's the one. Pump Creek was one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't have a favorite. I mean, like I said, I just like whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well now we're gonna get out of here.
Speaker 3: Well that's it. That's all the questions. There won't heard any questions this week.
Speaker 1: No, there was eight. I have to do eight. You like to talk for a while, so I gotta spridge you out.
Speaker 3: Oh how many we do? We only did like three?
Speaker 1: We did eight?
Speaker 3: We did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, answer any questions and there's five shout outs?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, good balance, Okay, lunch Thanks for being here, and go watch them on prices right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you guys. Make it the most watched episode ever, please mount Plus, I got a question. When they do reruns, you think they'll play that one again?
Speaker 1: Depends you definitely.
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like it was a highly watched one, okay, and I think you had a lot of responses to it, so I think they would like to have that.
Speaker 1: That's what any TV show would like to have, so I would say yes, good, good, good, okay, good job.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Check me out on Instagram Radio Lunchbox. Check out the Sore Losers podcast. Please we need it. We need the help. Our numbers are dipping, guys, No one cares about us anymore over there.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe this price rise is gonna bring it's gonna boost us.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's gonna boost us.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for ving near bye, everybody. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms and followed web girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.