Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Busts with the Boys. I am your host, will Compton. We are not even twenty four hours out from getting cut from the Raiders. I got back in town in Nashville last night. I probably landed around eleven eleven thirty, got home, woke up this morning. I got a little workout in, you know, playoff, Willie. I'm in prime shape right now, the best shape of my life. So in case any GM's are listening to this now, we are on the bus to talk through the roller coaster of the last week. Really, I mean we can get in this stuff before that even too.
Speaker 2: But here the boys back.
Speaker 1: Let's get some energy ya as. I just did that.
Speaker 3: JP started calling.
Speaker 4: Me because I wanted you to be like, oh, hang on, guys, act like it was a team.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I don't. I can't be on that level with you at all times. Like I know you got the genius spring going on back there. You saw the way I looked. I was like, come on, man, trying to do it show right now?
Speaker 2: Good show.
Speaker 1: But yeah, dude, where do you guys want to fucking start?
Speaker 2: MANU with Chevy?
Speaker 1: Oh there we go. I love that, great, great job. Alex Zero Rust. Twenty twenty one was a big year for Chevy. The Silverado made some headlines. And we're not talking just about the Silverado and the low Man Award or Coach Prime and all the goodness Dion's bringing.
Speaker 3: We're talking about product news boys.
Speaker 1: The Silverado z R two, Chevy's new flagship off road truck, was introduced in September, and in the spring you'll be able to see it at your Chevy dealer.
Speaker 3: Locally, we go to Freeland, Chevy shout out the boys of Freeland.
Speaker 1: And what's next for twenty twenty two, Well, just a couple of days ago, Chevy revealed the first ever all electric Silverado, built from the ground up on the ultium battery platform. That brings with it new power, new flexibility, and of course, a new range of what's possible in a truck. We've seen the Silverado ev really cool on the outside and on the inside. It's got all the all new kinds of features, all the bells and whistles, just a lot of first for an Evy truck. Head over Chevy dot com to learn more about and reserve your Silverado EVY Today, Chevy's bringing that electric truck man. I I legitimately have heard a lot of good things. I'm trying to get mine traded in. See if the boys over his free landle trade in the trucks that they let us use for some electric trucks, because everybody's talking about the performance of these, uh electric I've never driven an electric vehicle.
Speaker 5: If you guys been inside of electric veheals, I've never driven one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I've run in a testa.
Speaker 1: Those things are quick, Yeah, but uh, it'd be domp to get in. It'd be dombe to get in one of those new electric Chevyes or the f wort bleep that out does have one?
Speaker 2: Do they to do that? It's no chance that advanced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard it's it's pretty low grade compared to Chevy. But they got a lightning is what they call it. I love that they'll They'll never be a leg up on Chevy, to be honest, especially performance wise. Performance wise, nothing beats to Chevy. Are you looking at it right now? Is it fire? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Kind of looks like the old Avalanche.
Speaker 1: Bring back the bring back the Abby dude, bringing back some memories. But let's just dive into it. The boys number one. Knock on wood if you're with us Boys. The Raiders are in the playoffs. Super Wild Car Weekend. The Boys won in dramatic fashion, the craziest game maybe that I've been a part of. I know I have the short term bias going on right now. I'm trying to think of my career that could be the most dramatic game I've been a part of, just because of everything that was kind of on the line, Like if we tied, we're both in right and the Steelers are out. So literally the entire country is probably watching this game, wondering how the playoffs are gonna unfold, and and uh, everybody gets score what you good? Bloss threw me off. It threw me off back there, and how the playoffs get, how the playoffs shape up, and everything else. And also Steelers fans are watching because they just need an outcome to happen. But if there's a tie, which is like what a points zero zero one percent chance of happening, the Steelers are out of it and the Boys and the Chargers are in. So we're sitting there. Where were we up in the fourth quarter? We were up what like fifteen points, seventeen points? Or something because they needed the two point conversion and then they needed the Yeah, so we were up fifteen, I believe, and that's when they drove down in on fourth and twenty one. We give up that touchdown. We had some tough situational ball going on. I will admit we, the boys on d we were playing some really good ball. But when it come came down to the situationally, you know, we our we had our lapses. And on that fourth and twenty one and then the game the touchdown where they scored it and took us in the overtime, it's just like, holy fuck, dude. In the last minute of the game too, it was like a basketball game where everybody's just foling over and over because it's an incomplete pass every time. And then it's fourth and long and they converted How many fourth and longs did they convert that game on that driver? Just in the game in general, I think, I mean, you're converting six fourth downs every time they lined up for fourth down. I'm standing there. Whoever's next to me, I'm just like, hey, nudge them, here we go again, dude, And I'm standing there.
Speaker 3: And then a couple of times where you get to like the incomplete pass.
Speaker 1: There's a penalty that happens, and you're just like hands on these bent over, like, fuck, man, is this really about to happen to us? Are we really about to blow this this lead that we have? Are we about to lose this game? And we get into ot man, we get to receive, right, didn't we receive? It was also blurry, Yeah, dude, it was everything was Everything was happening so fast, man.
Speaker 6: Because you guys drove down to the field goals.
Speaker 2: Got it back.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we go down, we kick a field goal. Obviously you heard it from blost They kick a field goal. We're driving down again, and the clock's running down. Like nobody's calling anything. We're just running the ball. And there was a part of me that's thinking, like, man, if you're calling the plays or you're the coach or anything like that, like do you start thinking about a tie? Because of everything that had just unfolded. We were obviously winning and had control of the majority of the game, and then the momentum that they had kind of coming back in our stadium and everything else. The stadium was rocking, by the way, the most lit stadium I've ever been in, and I'm not saying the loudest is it is extremely loud, but as far as entertainment factor and wow factor going on due that place is incredible. We come out at halftime in Little John's performing at halftime doing shots Shots, and I'm just I'm just out there. The lights are off, they have smoke on the turb No, no, no, we're lining up to get ready for like I think we we received the first steps, so we were about to kick off, but shots is playing and I'm like looking around, like, man, this is wild yo, and people love it. Bro Like it is NonStop energy. It's crazy black and white lights just spending the whole time. It gets dark like how they did for the Nebrassa game. It gets dark in there. Everybody's got out their phones and the lights up. It's like you're at a concert. Dude. It's nuts. Man.
Speaker 3: But the way they will rewind.
Speaker 5: The pregame, was there talk before the game about the tie, like in the locker room or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Not like there was talks about the tie. If we tie, we both go in and guys would joke like wouldn't it be hilarious if we just need the entire game and saved our bodies and went to the next week. Nobody wanted to do that, but obviously those jokes were being made, and I was somebody who was like, yeah, I'll live for this content. We just fucking we take knees all the time, like let me take a snap and take a knee and uh. But no one was ever thinking that that game would actually almost end in the tie, and it was the last drive to where it's in your mind again the way the game was going when we kicked the field goal. I personally, I'll speak for myself, but I personally wasn't the most confident because I'm like, damn, the way these dudes are getting these fourth downs and the way some shit's going wrong with us at times, it's like they might fucking score and win this game. And uh, I want to say we got them in like the third or fourth and long and then they had that big reception that went kind of down the sideline. Was that all fourth down? Yeah? I think so you're just staying, yeah, you're just standing there kind of wide. I like, holy shit, man, I can imagine what everybody else is like thinking at home, like Steelers fans like, oh my god, these these dudes really might tie this game. And they go down. Thank god, we hold them to a field goal. So then it's like, oh, we can win this game. There wasn't a whole lot of time left, Like when when did uh when did our last drive happen?
Speaker 3: Are you able to get to that point? It was the tape out.
Speaker 6: At the three minute mark, and then it got all the way down to like twenty nine to thirty five seconds.
Speaker 2: When that moment happens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so seez is them kicking the field goal at four thirty left.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, so there's so there's four thirty left and then so yeah, you guys got the ball and we're all over there. We're just like, yo, give the ball to Josh Jacobs because the dudes just turning it on. He's getting better as the game goes on. The kids a stud and he's getting some yardage. We're like, all right to win this game because they still had their two timeouts left or they had something, and it's like, we just need to get a couple first downs and we can win this game, or get in field goal range and we can win this game. Obviously, he pops off a big run and as the clock's winding down, that face mask was bullshit, By the way, we got it a that face mask by that ref who's also wearing glasses, missing missing that face mask right in front of him. Dude, Spook's face turned around, and I don't know how you can't make that call right.
Speaker 5: There, he's right here looking right at it.
Speaker 1: Bro, he was getting verbally abused, and I can only sit there and think, like to myself, he's got to be staying in.
Speaker 3: They're being like, yeah, I fucked this one up.
Speaker 1: Everybody's pointing like, hey, look at the replay. Look at the replay. He's just staring dead on, just thinking, yeah, I'm sure I fucked that one up.
Speaker 3: I fucked that up.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you can't look at the replay and then throw a flag by just being like, hey, this is our mess up.
Speaker 3: Obviously nothing is changing with the game.
Speaker 1: But now that we see this replay on something like a face mask, you can't just throw the flag and be like, hey, that was a face mask. We can all agree, Hey, guys, run the tape again up on the big screen. You show the face mask, you throw the flag, and then you move it, yeah.
Speaker 6: Because you can't challenge a penalty like that, right.
Speaker 1: Right, No, No, you can't challenge a penalty point.
Speaker 2: Of having the replays to get it right.
Speaker 5: Why can you only get certain things right?
Speaker 1: I think penalties muddied it up a little bit because they tried experimenting with the pass interference and now they tossed that out because they were doing past interference penalties to review. But there's so much greyer in those that it was somewhere getting overturned. Yeah, but I feel like a face mask is so yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: So specific too, if you grab you know, I like it's such a specific right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right. My man was getting so verbally abused on the sideline though, just standing right in front of everybody, and everybody's just wrecking him. And I'm thinking to myself, are we gonna get a flag? He could throw a flag on us, but this dude knows he fucked it up.
Speaker 2: If he turned around into a flag on that.
Speaker 1: Right and it moves us back, yeah, oh my god, that would have been so savage. But if he calls that face mask, I want to say we are actually in field goal range, like we're That changes the game for us to not even think about this rumored uh take a knee situation that that has been going around. I don't personally know what was being said. I can say that I heard we were talking about taking a knee. It lost some offensive personnel from a couple of the boys. But because the way we were moving the ball, it's not like we were we were being urgent.
Speaker 3: It's not like we were calling time outs.
Speaker 6: We they called the final time out that led you all.
Speaker 1: The kid correct? Correct?
Speaker 5: It looked like on the broadcast that after the play leading up to when it looked like you guys might just run this out. Bisacia looked like on camera he was saying, we're done.
Speaker 2: We're done.
Speaker 1: That's it. Like he was waving and see on his face like we're done.
Speaker 3: Oh for real.
Speaker 1: See, I haven't seen all the highlights and stuff, but I can say that, you know, I heard that we actually were thinking of calling a timeout. Me personally on the sideline and I'm standing there, I'm like, man, if your coach, like, do you think about just going in a tie because this game has been so long, our defense, which is obviously a strength of our team, has been out on the field in the fourth quarter so much.
Speaker 3: I'm talking Max.
Speaker 1: Max Crosby is the most relentless motherfucker in the NFL. The way the gas that this dude has and the energy the entire time rushing the passer, whether or not he's getting a sack. The dude is affecting something every play. And to get up and to hype the crowd. My man is literally hyping the crowd every play. The psychology that's got that has to go into an offensive Lineman said, too is just like, oh my god, this dude just doesn't fucking quit, man. But he's a savage bro. But what I was saying was just to think of how much the boys have been battling out there, and thinking about the health of your team and just how exhausted everybody is from playing and again the momentum swing. It's just like you have to think of do we just do we just run this thing out and get a tie, get in the playoffs, and you know, I think we would end up probably what going to Kansas City. Wouldn't we have been the seventh seed if we just hied, Steelers would be out. So six and seven seats are there, and I think the Chargers have had the tie right around us, so we would actually been going to Kansas City.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the whole time that we were.
Speaker 1: Obviously there's the majority of people know well we were all everybody was playing to win the game because you want the best seed in situational possible going into the playoffs. But yeah, that's that's my that's my storytelling on the on the on the tie saga, the rumors going on and everything else that you have some JP or Alex I was.
Speaker 5: I just found the Basacia clip of him right here.
Speaker 1: They show him and then they show Basa and he goes, we're done.
Speaker 2: That's it, We're done.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the tape.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I I hadn't talked to Uh, I hadn't talked to I can't even say coach.
Speaker 3: I can't say Coach B's name.
Speaker 1: Coach Bisacia said anytime I say his name, whether I'm on videos, because he was making fun of me for the first video I did. When I got cut, He's like, you're over there drinking a beer talking about everything else. I'm like, hey, man, it's a piggyback. Don't get a twisted. It's not a beer. It's a piggybag.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's a cocktail. It's a whiskey cocktail. Go get you some, Like anytime you say my name on your radio show, I gotta get some kind of royalty bro. All he does is called a radio show. You're like, play a clip of me and practice or something like that, and hey, why don't you put that on your radio show? Yeah, oh man, I think. Uh. We were doing a walk through, and we usually have like a you know, my phone sitting in my pocket.
Speaker 3: Usually you have like a deep pocket.
Speaker 1: But I did a set and my phone falls out of my pants and I didn't see it at the time, but Dallan grabs it.
Speaker 3: He's like, hey, come here, here's your phone.
Speaker 1: This is like, this is the morning walk through when you get in you're having special teams meetings, and you're just kind of going through like a legit walk through. Some guys do, probably not all. I can't speak for everybody, but I know like when when you're out there, you go from sitting down. Have you seen the facility? You go from sitting down and you get up in the meeting and you just walk right out to the turf and you do the walk through, Like if we got up right now and just went and walked walked through something.
Speaker 3: It's not like we're all in Jersey's going out on a walk through.
Speaker 1: But anyway, for the for the sake of the story, Dallan's like Dylan, He's like, hey, com here you you drop your phone and he goes, what the fuck do you need your phone for? You got you got something to do with your radio show or something. No, no, my hey, my bad, coach, my bad, coach. You can hold this for me. But uh so, knowing that I can't continue to say Coach B's name is full name on uh on my radio show because I'm gonna have to owe him royalties. But I didn't have a conversation with Coach B about a tie situation or anything like that.
Speaker 3: My question was like, we're sitting around eating breakfast. I'm like, yo, is it true that we were really thinking about tying or something like that?
Speaker 1: And you know, you get that look like, yo, we were we were gonna call it, and uh, you can basically kind of off that video.
Speaker 2: Well, I just watched the rest of it.
Speaker 5: It does come back to him and he says that two seconds will call a timeout.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we would have tried and probably attempted a long ass field goal.
Speaker 5: So yeah, he's saying, we will call it time out of two seconds, and instead I think they called time out and that gave you guys a chance.
Speaker 1: To get a run, to get another run, yeah, all the time out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they basically just made it easier for you guys.
Speaker 3: Right right.
Speaker 1: See that's interesting, man, I don't know why he he would have coach would have called the time out in that situation.
Speaker 3: Did he explain?
Speaker 1: Why? Did you guys try and figure out why? I don't know, because if the clock's running down, you have no I'm not sure like what you're thinking strategically, Like you know, we'll get in the kick a field goal and maybe try and throw one up to get a field goal to tight at the end. If you're looking over there, yeah, see he holds up the two second sign. They would probably attempted a long field goal. Oh well, the whole me rumoring the tie situation whenever you guys can clip that, and it seems like I'm really giving some some dirt away. But uh, but yeah, we win the game. I'm taking selfies with the boys in the locker room because I'm literally in my head the whole time, I'm thinking this could be the last time I play Shower, you know, whatever the situation may be. I'm taking selfies with the boys, you know what I mean, whether they're naked or not.
Speaker 3: Call Hunter refro and a towel.
Speaker 1: Let me get this play because I gotta go around and take all these photos because in my head based off the week before. So now let's rewind to last week when I got cut and then brought back. So the Raiders obviously cut me. You guys saw my video that I posted on Twitter and Instagram. The Raiders had cut me last week because when everybody was out for COVID and everything else, they brought in more backers. The roster was crowded and everything else. Also, we're all getting activated off COVID. Guys are getting healthy the roster. You guys saw Darren Waller played again like there were guys coming back onto the team. Derek Carrier was another one that you got to shift and manipulate the roster round to fit, you know, those guys being back. So I figured that something might happen when I got activated off of the COVID list, which sucked, by the way, I had symptoms and everything. It was brutal and I went in the day before I got cut worked out. It was my first time back around the team and it was awesome seeing everybody. I'm talking did I can't say and I've said this and my videos and stuff. I truly can and say enough good things about the locker room, the team, the organization, all of it. The way that they were to me over the last few weeks. Man, as you know, this is a cutthrow business. You don't have to you know, I know my mom passed away and everybody was empathizing with that and all of that stuff, and they were taking really good care of me. But even after one game, and if you think Will's not going to be on our roster, you can easily cut me, like being in the NFL, the cutthrow business nature of it. They allowed me to stay with my family over the holidays for that second game because I was like, Hey, when do you guys want me to come back, and like, just be where you are, Be where you're at, be with your family, be with your dad, and just be there for him. Don't worry about it. We'll talk after the game. So that was the second game that happened. Then all the guys started to go down for COVID, the linebackers, and I hate you want to come back? Yes, I'd absolutely love to be love to come back and be around the boys. It was good to like, you know, you had your time and you're like in that suck of grief and and like sadness. But there's a party that's like you need to like change something up. You need to like get out, you need to go and be back around people and everything else.
Speaker 3: So I said, yeah, I'd love to be back around the boys.
Speaker 1: Fly back. That's when I get dinged for COVID. So I test for COVID. I had symptoms and everything, and then I had to quarantine in that house by myself, which was actually kind of brutal, just to like you're like alone after everything that had just happened, and you're like, man, I just want to I wanted to come out here and be with everybody.
Speaker 3: So I come back. I get activated right.
Speaker 1: After the Colts game, so I go in and see all the guys in locker room. That's where I go off to say, I truly love all those dudes in there. I'm talking guys i've barely known. There's the guys like Darren, Darren Waller, Derek Carr, Foster Hunter, all alec Ingold, all these guys I knew back in nineteen Max, And you know, I knew I would obviously be getting love and all that from them, but from the guys I had barely known and wasn't there that long with that are coming up to me. I'm talking was his name Blast forty nine or Salomon Thomas? Solomon Thomas coming up to me and like hugging me, and it was one of those things where I'm hugging my dude for a second. He's like, Hey, I'm really sorry, man, I'm having to kind of go and explain. And you know, it's a little bit like how many times is somebody gonna be like, hey, how have you been? How are you doing? But I know that it's their first time seeing me and they just want to They just care about what's happening. Solomon comes up to me, He's like, you know, comp how you doing, man, and stuff like that, because he has an incredible he has a story that I would love to him to come on and talk about on the bus because his sister took her own life and he was sitting there talking to me about grief and all this stuff, and Solomon was just all the time. But my man hugged me, and it was kind of one of those things where I hug him quick and I kind of like I dropped my left arm and I still have my right him around because he's still hugging me.
Speaker 3: My mans just holding me like tight.
Speaker 1: And that's like a moment where you sit there and you're just like, I don't know, You're just like, there are some just good fucking dudes in there and guys again that I've barely known, that are their arms around me. They come over and take a moment to talk to me, allow me to say whatever I wanted to say. Listen, be like and it's just I cannot again say enough like good things about that team guys, the Whistle or the Ever.
Speaker 7: Yes, the whiskey distillers at Whistle Pig Whiskey have cut loose, dude. They said it's a little tight here. They took the scissors, they cut it. This piggyback barrel aged Kraft cocktail in a can is so much better than a Seltzer, Dude, Seltzer's.
Speaker 1: Can we curse on these things? Can we curse or no.
Speaker 7: Look, if we can curse, we can say, well fuck the Seltzers, dude, Hell yeah, Seltzer's.
Speaker 1: Because this ship, dude.
Speaker 7: It's like having a bartender make you the best drink you've ever had.
Speaker 1: But then can't say save it for later.
Speaker 7: If you want, if you want to say it flatter go and save for later. It's maybe with one hundred percent estate grown rye from whistle Pig Whiskey Farm. Do you want to know where that is? Not gonna tell you why? Might be a secret?
Speaker 1: Might not?
Speaker 7: Would you just do one? See cramped my calf? Oh no, whistle Pig Whiskey Farm. Who knew you could innovate with Ryan so many ways? I didn't know that. I had no idea, but whistle Pig made it, made it a real the fruit it is barrel aged and whiskey barrels giving it those whiskey notes.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 7: Then when you talk about a note, it's not like a full like it's all in my mouth. It's just a little.
Speaker 1: It's a little.
Speaker 3: It's a little. It's a chef kiss in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 7: I'm losing my spot, But that's okay because I love it now.
Speaker 3: I am honestly.
Speaker 7: Wait now, I am a big whiskey guy, but this is going to be my go to for tail guys. I don't know why I'm reading this, because it's all true.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 7: I've never been in a tailgate my entire life, but if I ever go to one, I'm not drinking anything else other than this thing. All right, My favorite flavor is hands down. I gotta say, I'm gonna go with Will the fresh ginger lime. The fresh lime is the best. I'm getting the aroma. I'm getting the aroma and it's it's eight percent alcohol.
Speaker 3: I got to can ti right now.
Speaker 1: I know you can't try these until after the season, but trust me when I tell you, the fresh ginger lime is the best flavor. The other ones are good, but the freshinger lime. If you're a ginger, if you're a ginger and rye guy, this is the This is the can to be with. Let's land this plane Will all right, here we go. Now, you gotta listen very closely. Visit Piggyback.
Speaker 7: Okay, we're gonna try that again because you guys are probably trying to google it right now. Piggy Back Rye Smash smash Yep Piggyback rye smash dot com for more info, and make sure you grab a box and select stores.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't know why, Tennessee, right, They're all over Tennessee. You can find the Piggyback and you can find Piggyback in Tennessee. So if you're listening, you're in Tennessee right now, go to the store, get you some Piggyback, take photos with them, Tag the boys, and we'll have a lot of fun with it because we're gonna be selling out for these boys all year long.
Speaker 7: Gosh, this might make me becoming an alcoholic dude. Smell delicious. I might just gonna stop drinking these pieces.
Speaker 1: And so I got to go through that day of being back before I went in and got cut the next day, which was good. I got to see a lot of the guys, I got to do all the things. I got to work out, getting the steam room, all that stuff. Coming the next day, Like, hey, coach, Coach B wants to see you. I won't say it, Coach B wants to see you. And so I go up to his office. He's got a little shit grin on his face and I walk in I'm like, man, he goes, we gotta let you go, bro, and I was like, I get it, I understand. And we have a huge hug because he was somebody who sat there with me in my hotel room in Cleveland, just held me in all this stuff. And it was my first time obviously seeing him since being back, and we're talking through a lot of different things. He's like, you know, I wish it wasn't this way, man, Like you know, you watch watch you and KC. You did good, Like you didn't look rusty at all. You got Kyle Wilbur back. You know, he's not looking around like we have so many guys on this roster. We have to make a decision, and there's a lot of things that probably go into it, I'm sure, but at the end of the day, I'd only played that one game in Kansas City out of the four weeks I had been there, so it was truly no hard feelings. And he's like, I wanted to make sure, you know, we kept you until Wednesday so you could get paid.
Speaker 3: For the week. You know, do right by you.
Speaker 1: Obviously you won't get the credit for the game, but you know, I hope that I had gotten you your three games, like you won on my Yeah, I don't even worry about that. I got at that point it was four games. Oh, I got that. I truly do appreciate you, and made my rounds, went into Mayok and it was kind of the same thing with Mayok, like just you know, just first class treatment all around. Obviously I'm blowing smoke. I would love to be back with the boys, but that is real shit, Like that is a that is real shit on that floor with that organization. Dwayne Joseph. He's literally like, we'll do not go through all the rest of this stuff on your own. Please use resources here as my number, Like, seriously call any of us. We want to be next to you through all this stuff, because again they're cutting me when I just get back and like, seriously, man, we want to be with you all this all this kind of stuff. We want to give you support, we want to be behind you. And so I end up leaving, make my rounds in the facility, and Coach B text me that night, hated you make it out? Did you make it out all right? You get back to Nashville, check it in? And I was like, no, I hadn't made it out. Yet everything was unavailable today. This is on that Wednesday, after the Coach game, before the Chargers game, and he's like, all right, we'll let me know when you get back. Because I'm like, Nashville guy, like six inches six inches of snow. So my morning flight on Thursday was canceled. I was like, but I'll let you know whenever I do make it back. So I was either going to be there until like Thursday night or Friday, depending on the snow situation, the weather that was out here in Nashville. I get a call the next morning and wake up, take a piss. It's like seven thirty in the morning, go back to laid back down in bed and I get this call.
Speaker 3: My phone starts y brain and I pick it up.
Speaker 1: I see Coach B's name come across my screen, and I'm thinking, there's no fucking way that this is happening.
Speaker 3: And because I'm like, there's no reason for us to talk.
Speaker 1: We had just texted last night, like we had talked, we'd done all this stuff off and it's seven thirty in the morning, pick up, you know, he was he was talking about the situation that it happened, and he's like, you haven't left yet, right, And I'm like, no, you no, I haven't left, like y'all know I haven't left. You haven't but my flight yet. And he's like, do you want to play this weekend? Hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to play this weekend.
Speaker 1: He's like, I can only promise you this week and I was like it doesn't matter, bro, Like this is all I feel like I'm on borrow time anyway, Like this is all icing on the cake for absolutely everything, Like I would just love to be around the boys.
Speaker 3: She's like, all right, come back in. It's like eight in the morning.
Speaker 1: He's like he's like, I didn't wake you up, did I? And you know, before I answered, I'm like my throw and everything like moving my face around to like wake up.
Speaker 3: He's like, I didn't wake you up, did h No, I've been up for like thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, hold on, I still once that left.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, knowing that he did just wake my ass up, but I was about to go in there like hey, they called that, Hey, you can't come in yet. You have to clear waivers, which is hilarious because when I had gotten cut, coach vrabe somebody who's been keeping up with me again the whole time since everything has happened, and the Titans. A lot of my old teammates ex teammates on the Titans and the coach Raves and coaches on the Titans, they were reaching out and keeping up with me too. So when I had gotten released from the Raiders, I had been messed with Rabe like, you know, hey, what's up, sending invariable picture of like me and him when he used to coach me back in eighteen and stuff, and he just hit did the wave of emudgie to me, Hey, you trying to bring the boy back for the Super Bowl run? And he's laughing and stuff, and we're going back and forth. And so whenever, whenever I was getting brought back to the Raiders, I had textas verb again. I say, hey, man, you got three hours to get me off the you got three hours to sign these waivers or I'm hitting the market.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: And he just laughed. But no. I came back practice on Friday, got to be part of the craziest game I've been a part of against the Chargers. Then on Monday, go in and work out. My wife, Charles, she comes to that game and she had flew out on Monday, the day after the game this weekend, and she's like, did you hear anything? And I was like, no, I went in, I worked out, I did all this stuff on Monday. I'm like, who knows, Like I could be good. I could be in the playoffs, like I wanted to be in this playoff runt so badly. And I was like, I even I even'n saw a couple of coaches and nobody was really, you know, insinuating anything or hinting at anything. I was like, but I don't know. I'll know it for sure when I walk in on Tuesday morning. So fast forward to yesterday morning, because Wednesday, Yeah, today's Wednesday. Fast forward to yesterday morning. I walk in, Get some great sleep, dude, go to bed early. I was exhausted from uh because we were we were up late after the after the Chargers game, because I just like couldn't go to sleep based on the tour it all and caffeine that's in my system. My body's just exhausted from having those three a half minutes on the field.
Speaker 3: Literally, I'm laying I'm.
Speaker 1: Laying there like, yo, how would I even do a full season of this shit? Just feeling it in my legs and everything else. Just a body exhausted from them punt sets crisps to crisp too, And so I was exhausted on Monday night. So I get some good sleep. The boy gets some great rest. Tape over my mouth. I'm doing the nasal stuff. I'm like, I gotta start recovering and get my body back right, wake up, playing some music as I'm brushing my teeth and just feeling good. I'm like, yo, we're about to go on this run, playoff. Willie's alive, You're nine, farewell to it. We're all baby, and uh go in And right when I open the door, I like, h Right when I go in the door, I like peek my head in the door. And I looked for the dude who had cut me last week, who had sent me out to the coach's office last week.
Speaker 3: I didn't see him.
Speaker 1: I saw the gal that's usually working for the GPS we wear for all the UH for all the close contact tracing. I see another dude who's there every morning too, and I'm like, yo, it looks like I'm good. And then I get all the way to the right and just behind the wall, is the Grim Reaper, dude, the other Grim Reaper. I pointed at him, I said, I'm like grinning. I was like, are you about to fucking cut me, dude? And he like just drops his hands and puts his head down and he's like, yeah, man, I gotta take you upstairs. I'm like, no, fuck's standing there and very people around me and stuff. I'm like, damn it, man. I was like, but playoff, Willie, Yeah, to take you, man. He's like, I know. I was like, bro, I stopped. We start walking the stairs and I stop again. I'm like, man, I want to go on this run so bad. Are we sure that this is this is what we want to do? And he's laughing and he's like, bro, I hate this part. He's like, obviously nobody wants to cut you and stuff. We all love having you around. I go through the same kind of circuit. Coach B's not up there in his office for to uh released me, for us to have a conversation.
Speaker 3: I mean, where's Coach I see Mayak and everything else.
Speaker 1: I'd give me out the same spiel, like, you know, if anything fucking happens, you guys better call me a sap and uh I go back and Coach Be's downstairs in the in the cafeteria and they're like, let's go. Let's go clear through the training room, wait room and get you know, equipment and stuff like that, make sure you're all good to go. And as I'm walking down, I see Coach B in the in the in the breakfast room. He's sitting there talking. I just stoppter, I said, I said, I said, hey, Coach B. And he's like still talking to go Coach B. And he like turned, he like turns back around and said, well, you can't be up there and cut me face to face like a man, I gotta come down and look for you. He like drops his hands and we come over and hug and some of the boys are laughing. I'm like, hey, go win this motherfucker dudes. And I was bummed. Bro, I was bummed, man, the first one. Like it was what it was. I knew I was coming off. I was, you know, you're still kind of in the grieving probably you're coming off COVID and everything else, and you're just you understand.
Speaker 3: Why it all happened and everything else.
Speaker 1: Hey, I get it.
Speaker 3: You guys have been more than fucking good.
Speaker 1: To me and after this last game of the Chargers, boy gets a tackle using my hands. Well, pont sets are looking pristine and they're on the phone almost fumble recovery that I had. Yeah, we can check the tape on that too. But you know, I played solid. I played I played solid enough to think, like you know, to have that little bit of hope, like, hey, I could be in this thing. I gotta have humility in times like this. It's just bullshe one tackle. I'm in the statu sheet for twenty twenty two. That's all I know so this past season, and obviously I'm going to carry it over in the next season. I'm on the statue boys, let's go, come on, Jack, we gotta just start doing that knock on would But I was bummed, man, go through the whole spiel. Everybody's like, hey, stick around, you never know, stick around a couple of days. You'll be back tomorrow. You'll be back tomorrow. And obviously flew back, got out of there as quick asly as I could. I gotta get on the bush. But yeah, that's what's happened. Man. That's been the uh, that's been the last week. Wait, anything you guys got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a question about your fumble recovery. We we spoke on the phone, and you did say at the bottom of the pile, you tried to, uh try to do a little something, won't you.
Speaker 1: Why don't you tab the people.
Speaker 3: We double that ball?
Speaker 1: When that ball came out number one, I was having to try and defeat this block from thirty one the entire way down the field, which is the most exhausting thing on punt team, is fighting a block all the way downfield. Get off of him and the ball comes out, Get off them around you already want get off See the ball come on the ground. Bro, I am so wide eyed. I'm like, oh, let's go. Dude, Like, if I get on this ball, cancel Christmas. Did you see your teammate? No? No, no, I did not you. You barely see it. You're thinking, I'm probably gonna get the ball. Watching the clip, Yeah, comes out of frame. Bro comes out of sight on me and just dies right before I get on it. We're down there, and I'm like trying to like protect him and stuff like that. I'm also, hey, hey, let me get that, Hey, let me get the ball. I need this. I'm like trying to protect him and at the same time trying dig it the ball a little bit like maybe I'll come up with this, but yeah, if I could have that fumber recovery there yards somewhere else. Hey, but if he didn't get it, I'm getting that ball. I think that's pretty that's pretty much facts. No, I'm on the ground, I'm laying and I'm I'm probably smiling ear to year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta be smart.
Speaker 1: I'm probably grinning the ear to year dude like, oh shit, about to get up and run straight today, and so yeah, I was about to take that picture. I'm about to hit that celebration.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I was joking around I saw. I was like, if I make some kind of play where I get to score somehow score because everybody's making everybody's clowning me for the everybody's clowning me for the Monarchs, right, all the boys are on me. I said, Yo, if I make a play and I score or something, I was like, you know, I'm gonna act like I hit the lawn mower, like I'm mowing the more and and then just kind of hop around like I'm mowing the lawn.
Speaker 2: Dude, you hilarious.
Speaker 1: What's funnier me? Talking about the celebration and me thinking I'm gonna score a touchdown. Hey, the Nebraska game, whenever the Nebraska game, the Capitol one bole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I'm talking.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: Hey, we saw me and trust me, we saw you post that every New Year's.
Speaker 6: Did you in Austin exchange any words at all what you guys are on the field about.
Speaker 1: Not yeah, not on the field, but but after the after the game and stuff. We came up and we were wapping up and everything like that. Bro, I appreciate it. Do you need to your house next week? And for everybody who doesn't know I was, I was renting Austin Eckler's house out there, we have like a mutual mutual Did I already explain that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, Coach Eckler. Coach Eckler actually goes to stuff farther. Coach Eckler's brother, Bill Eckler was the one who put us all in touch because anyway, I was renting Austin Eckler, renting Austin Eckler's house, I had to h on my way out of his house too.
Speaker 3: I can't let this.
Speaker 1: I'm all about accountability and ownership. I did have to throw away one of his towels. I was living alone. You know how it gets U, Hey, what I wanted to do? I wanted to uh, I wanted to put h I got it, no, but I wanted to put. I wanted to go to Walmart and buy new towels and new rags and stuff for him, and just yeah from Walmart. Didn't get but put sticky notes on there and be like, hey, I appreciate you let me stay here. I had to buy these new towels. You can assume why. But this is my housewoman, goodt for you because it's a new house too. Like, there's not a whole lot in there. You guys just sit out there. That's what I'm saying. There's not all Yeah, there's not a whole lot. There wasn't a whole lot in his house.
Speaker 2: But he was a camera in there.
Speaker 1: He probably yeah, he's those cameras didn't work. But yeah, that sounds like what he'd say.
Speaker 5: Did you do you have any postgame conversations with Chargers guys on the field about the whole scenario, Like did you hear any talk going back and forth?
Speaker 1: Were you guys gonna run it out? Anything like that. Oh No, I wasn't part of it. I was just so excited that we had won that you're just happy about up? Yeah, yeah, I'm legit. Get the fuck out of here. Oh man, did.
Speaker 5: Any NFL officials ask you to fix the game, because a lot of people think the league's fixed after how close they was.
Speaker 1: No, but I was asking the NFL officials to fix the game, force and call something for me. Cleat the head official. He's a Nebraska guy, So I went up to him before the game. We had saw each other and uh, We're like hugging and stuff. I'm like, man, int're crazy, Like you're still out here. I'm still out here while you're refing these games. Because he's been with me and every team I've been on, and we've been on the field and spoke because when he first introduced himself when I was on Washington, was like, hey, I'm a huge Nebraska fan and I know a couple of people we had in common that we knew, and my man in the nuts like, I'm thirty two years old out here and you're still refereeing a game that I'm playing in.
Speaker 3: And I was like, hey, man, I'm gonna need don't be messed around.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you see my Instagram, but I had a block in the back, missed the Chiefs and I can't have that in this game. And I'm like throwing me a call or something like that if you have the opportunity, and he's like laughing, He's like, I got you. So I was trying to get the game fixed. But that's just me trying to do whatever it takes for the team, you know what I mean. Yeah, he said.
Speaker 2: He's coming.
Speaker 1: Oh, he texted you guys on the side, so here he has wanted to do the whole element of surprise Jack.
Speaker 2: But I have one more question for you.
Speaker 5: Well you should hide, Well you should hide?
Speaker 1: Comes in. Where's Will? Then? I surprised him. Yeah, Hey, who is your when? Yeah, we're here.
Speaker 4: Who's your guy that you stand by on the sideline that has to like listen to all your antics during the game.
Speaker 3: Anybody who's willing to listen?
Speaker 4: Oh, you don't have like one guy?
Speaker 1: And no, usually it's Kyle Wilbert. Because Kyle Wilber and I were kind of in the same situation. We're both like thirty two years old. We got brought in to help with special teams and just kind of fill a role because he he got there. I want to say the Denver game or the Coach game. He's only had two games right now. Yes, so he came for the coach game in this Chargers game, and Kyle was on the team back in nineteen. So Kylin and I are standing there the whole time, talking through, you know, making each other laugh, kind of the entire game.
Speaker 4: I just picture Will standing next to one person away from the team, just giggling on the sidelines.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have fun. I'm obviously locked into Like I was pissed when they were kind of uh, you know, hitting the ball on us on the ground in the first half because we weren't like just staying gat. We weren't keeping our gap integrity and stuff like that. So you know, I put the coach hat on and blow the whistle and stuff, getting the locker room, give a speech, kidding, hey, coach, let me get one, Let me get one. Yell the whole time. Nobody's looking at me. Here's Taylor right here. Boy, what's up something? A good a good media guy never gives away his sources. What that is? No, Alex is mad that you said that but I can't say yes and no anymore. I'm not going to. But even before the pots started, I was like, I hit the group chat for what time we're going to go, because I you know, you never know Taylor. He likes to not say much. And then you know he wanted the element of surprise.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why I there said everybody, but you well.
Speaker 1: Come on over, man, I'm still surprised. Like I'm happy here was Alix for sure. Here's why I said it was Alx because he fucking.
Speaker 7: Took Nebrasko and everybody else helps strong with the boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, no, we'll let you know when you get here. He's he's he's on pause right now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he's pill today.
Speaker 1: Hey, uh, Gary wants to know. JP wants to know if you have his number, because JP said he didn't get the text. I didn't put JP in the text.
Speaker 3: I don't think I have a number.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's tell it's all right, you'll get it, he'll get it.
Speaker 7: You The only thing, the only thing JP is I trust to shoot out, and I was I know he's for sure.
Speaker 2: Not a rat. Let's go. I'll take that. I'll take that.
Speaker 1: All right, But I'll seeing a bit weekend. I'll seeing a bit.
Speaker 2: I still remember that first deal.
Speaker 1: Might need anything else before the boy gets here, and we have all the fun in the world.
Speaker 5: We haven't talked Titans at all, so that'll be good.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing too. I was telling Mayok and those boys when I was leaving. I was like, maybe I'll have to retail the story when Taylor gets here. But I was like, man, because the boy the Raiders are a good football team like we are.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not gonna say the Raiders.
Speaker 1: We are a good football team, and we can do damage in the playoffs, like we can go on the Super Bowl run for sure. And I was like, what I'm bummed about is when we beat the Bengals, we have a shot of going to Nashville. And I was like, man, I was trying to play in that. I was trying to be a part of that game. So fucking bad, dude. Oh yeah, now, like we know, we thought about that. It just made it even worse. It's like pushing the knife in even more, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But you have something if that game happens, you have something maybe in the works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something in the works for sure. There's something in the works. We won't we won't let the we won't let the fans know. And we got Taylor. He's on his way here right now doing the pod. So if you want to take a minute, subscribe to the podcast if you're watching right now, hit that, like, hit the subscribe. That's how we roll, that's how we we tap into that algorithm and everything everything else. But it does help the boys immensely when you guys comment when you like, when you subscribe, Hey babe on fishing up the spot.
Speaker 7: This podcast is sponsored by Better Help Online Therapy. We can talk about better Help a lot on this show. We talk about Better Help a lot on the show, and this month we're discussing some of the stigmas around mental health. For example, some people think you should wait until things are unbearable to go to therapy, but that isn't true. Therapy is a tool to utilize before things get worse, and it can help you avoid those lows. God, these eyes, you go ahead and take it fire. I gotcha with the eyes. I need to go with therapy for my eyes. So they do that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you can do that to do You're a therapy for anything, man, it's not unbearable yet. Yeah, many people think therapy is for quote unquote crazy people, but therapy doesn't mean something's wrong with you. It means you recognize that all humans have emotions and we need to learn to control them, not avoid them. Better Help is customized online therapy that offers video, phone and even live chat set with your therapists, so you don't even have to see anyone on camera if you don't want to. It's much more affordable than in person therapy, and you can be matched with a therapist in under forty eight hours. Give it a try and see why. Over two million people have been using better Help Therapy online. This podcast is responsible about better Help, and our listeners get ten percent off their first month. Wow at betterhelp dot com. Slash busting that's b E T T E r h e l P.
Speaker 7: Dot com slash busting people helping people. That's powerful stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the boy, the fucking boy. Come on, let me tell you my thank you fellaws. So I'm missing you guys.
Speaker 2: What's up? My baby?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: You what we're dealing with that?
Speaker 1: This allience?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Come on, we're done with that, boss, We're done with that.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm mister budd, I'm sell you harsh.
Speaker 1: Us kill.
Speaker 2: Put it down, dude.
Speaker 7: This is uh, this is my first time putting my eyes on the on the piggyback. They actually theytails in a cant Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: The most thing.
Speaker 7: That's gotta be the most incredible thing anyone's ever thought of in their entire.
Speaker 3: Lives, whiskey cocktail.
Speaker 7: The fact that this isn't just roaming around the world like taking over like Amazon did a while back.
Speaker 3: This should be the Amazon of cans.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I agree.
Speaker 7: It is unbelievable. This is my first time laying eyes on it. I've heard about all the blends. I've heard about the Fresh Ginger Lime, that's your favorite. Fresh ginger line.
Speaker 1: Is my favorite, by far, fresh by far, Yes, Oh, the freshest, the nice, the perfect mix of ginger and whiskey, no ginger and rye.
Speaker 7: God, it's unbelievable that you make a cocktail, dude. You have a nice little bartender right there, right serving you up. Dude, right in the case. What else do you need?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 7: How can I help you? That's refrigerator says when you open it up. How can I help you?
Speaker 1: I'll just take one of these it's crazy having the doing a pot of a tailor again. It's just it's just been so long, dude. You know it's not the same one. We're FaceTime and you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, it's not like we haven't spoke, no, dude, but it's not the same as I can touch your leg like that, you know. Yeah, see you in my couch just like looking like an alien, like that's the shit I miss Yeah, did you want to touch on that first?
Speaker 3: Cause I know I do a lot. I do a lot of talking over just.
Speaker 1: You were saying. You were acting like I know I've missed you and I haven't seen you, and I you know, you on my couch. It just seems like I haven't seen you in such a long time. But you were somebody who showed up when my mom passed, because you flew in because you're a you had like a you had like a disc. Yeah, I heard you in my back a bulging disc. How wild is that?
Speaker 3: So I thought it was dope that like Rabe and them let you fly, you know, and surprised me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was super door when Rabel pretty much, I don't mean I don't want to you know how Rabel is about that stuff. You don't want to go into it. But when he said to me, hey, we're gonna not just to make sure you're safe because like with the back, I was like, if you go back too fast, you could get more stuff done or whatever, uh more bad things could happen. He was like, hey, this week, no, And I asked him like right there and there, I was like, hey, can I go to Will go to the funeral for Will's mom and that. But like when we talk about like sitting in the couch hanging, like, to me, that wasn't like us chilling for sure, but it was just like, you know, I was trying a good band aid on this thing.
Speaker 1: It was still you know, got the pause, Yeah, you got the arm, We got the arms around each other.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dude, that was nice. And Nikki, your boy did it out standing job. Picked me up from that airport terrible lie. Like I just had to write the eulogy. So I was like he's like, hey, I'm gonna go get a white shirt from Walmart. And I'm like it's like ten a night or something like that.
Speaker 3: Dude, Hey, I almost didn't get a flight.
Speaker 7: It almost did not get a flight, but I was about to drive low key, like I was gonna wait till eight thirty and if I couldn't get a flight, I was gonna drive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank god I didn't.
Speaker 1: Thank god.
Speaker 3: That would have been miserable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm letting you know I love you that much. But I didn't want to do it that I probably wouldn't have done.
Speaker 3: No, I would have done it, but I didn't want to. Yeah that stuff, dude.
Speaker 7: First off, if I may just have the floor for your the funeral, because I know you had a nice piece on that. I didn't watch it, but everyone who I talked to was like Morgan Cox, long snapper for our team, loves the pot and he said he heard your thing. He's like, I started to I called my mom immediately when you when you say a good deal, he said, I call my immediately. They talk to her. I So I've never like lost traumatically, like like somebody in my life, Like I had a teammate that passed away in high school, but like you know the thing in high school, like if anybody's hurtsboy pass in high school, like everyone's always there automatically their best friend all of a sudden, like you know, people that were talking about that person and the next if something happens, then a week later, that person's like we were best friends. Like no, dude, don't don't do this to jump on board, like the kid that passed away in high school. Like we weren't the best of friends. But it was still like a loss, like I've never dealt with it. So when I went to go see Will, in my head, I'm like, here's I'm going to be a shoulder to cry. Like I didn't know like how this like emotionally I would be affected by this thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you were on the phone with me that night, dude. I know.
Speaker 7: I got out of the car and Taylor was just standing there because she knew something was going on but she didn't know. But it like cause like just we just landed from Pittsburgh. Yeah, we just landed from Pittsburgh. And I was on the phone with you. Then we got off the phone and they called me twice and I was I was just calling back. Later as soon as I parked at my house, I called you back and yeah, dude, I thought you were laughing. Yeah, I explained like the way I explained it to Tail, and like I don't want to go into too much details because this is yours, Like I don't want to give up something that.
Speaker 3: Makes you, you know, this is your vulnerable moment, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But Will gets on the phone and he like text me and he's like, my Mom's not responsive, and then he just text me to my mom's dead. And I was like, well, like I thought, like because when we first met and we would call each other, it was more me than you.
Speaker 1: It was more me than you.
Speaker 7: But like if I would like call Will and he wouldn't answer, but I knew he was like either tweeted or something like that.
Speaker 3: But I hate an emergency, got to call me right now.
Speaker 7: And he would call me like what's up, Brong, Like nothing, dude, I just wanted you on the phone. So I thought he was getting me with that, do you I'm not, man, Joe.
Speaker 1: That's the first time I were legit talking on the phone like you know, catching and everything else.
Speaker 7: Twenty minutes before we like we're talking. You were in Cleveland because you was about to play the Browns. Yeah, and I was. I was on the phone with Graham Glasgow, who I played with that Michigan. He plays for the Broncos now, and that's when he called me twice. I was like, I'll just call him back, and when I saw that, I was like, I hung up on Grandma's like, hey, dude, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Here's the middle of a sentence.
Speaker 7: He's like, h okay, and I just hung up and I called Will and Will was literally it sounded like Will was laughing.
Speaker 3: I was trying to tell you first, and I was obviously in the middle of all of it happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like just.
Speaker 7: Found out like I saw like this. I saw like the I saw the non responsive text, and then as I looked at my phone, I was like, that's what the fuck's he talking about? And then the bubbles came up and then he said that she passed away. So when I when I called him literally sounds like he's like hysterically laughing. I'm like, this dude fucking got me. And then he like mustard it up and said that your mom passed away, and it was dude, like, yes, you going the.
Speaker 1: Most intense crying and I remember telling you not to like make it humorous or anything like that. But there's like this weird cynical moment in my head, Like when I was like, as hard as I was crying, it sounded like a version of of my laughter. So when he said that, I was like, it's it's weird that you say that, because again that cynical part.
Speaker 3: For a split second, I was like, man, it sounds like I'm fucking laughing right now.
Speaker 1: Is good a drink? Yeah? All right?
Speaker 3: Cool? No words is good? But uh, it was wild.
Speaker 1: But like.
Speaker 7: When I went in to see Will, obviously Will was surprised. We hung out, didn't get very much sleep, and I don't know if you probably told the whole story of like what happened, but like we woke up in the morning, like hey we if you go to the final viewing and I'm like, oh shit, Like I didn't know this was going to go down like that, and just seeing like you and your brothers and your dad. Dude, like I thought I was in legit. Thought I was gonna go there and be like like here for here for you. You know what I'm saying, Here for you, your dad, your two brothers, Like just be there for you, guys.
Speaker 1: I'm over there pouring I'm like pouring out my eyes. Dude.
Speaker 7: I was losing it and I went and sat in the back of like the whole like funeral area, and then they obviously Cathy was in the front, and they're like, hey, right, we're gonna start from the back and go forward. So I was like the first person to have to walk up, and I was like, oh my god, like I didn't know what to do. M and I decided, like I walked up there, and I was just like I didn't know what, Like I thought like I should say something. I just told her I'm going to take care of your boy, and I walked away. But then like I would just watch. It's amazing how many people loved your mom because watching from the back and like watching people walk up it was the most surreal thing because people were walking up like talking like you and I are talking right now, and then would get up to her and then just start bawling. It wasn't just like immediate family and then they would just it was like people just taking emotional punches to the face, like immediately as soon as I got there, and then having to watch you go through that, dude was awful. But really, like Billy Boy, that was tough. That was Dan, Yeah, that was that was a really it's just hard to watch your friend go through that. And you know, I loved her too. We didn't we have I didn't have years together, but like every time I was around her, like she kept up with my kids. She was always like keeping up with Kaylin and my kids and what they're doing, and she was always just dialed in, dude, just fucking dialed outstanding mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but your eulogy, dude.
Speaker 7: It's probably the best I've ever heard in my life. I've been I don't know half does he you know what I'm saying. But like the way dude will have people laughing, had people crying. Well, I was out there sobbing, and then your buddy kind of puts his hand on my leg and goes, it's gonna be all right. It's like, oh, I'm losing it like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was That was such a That was such a hard thing to like do. And I go through obviously, like I'm crying as I'm going through, and you have the little one liners that kind of breaks and we'll all laugh for a second, you know, but yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: Did an amazing job right in that. Thanks, an amazing job right in that she.
Speaker 3: Was, she would be stoked here.
Speaker 1: You know, she'd be stoked to know that I was talking about her that way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Taylor actually joked when we were first like got married, that like for one of our birthdays, She's gonna do a funeral for me. Like people can come up and say, like say things you wouldn't hear, you know what, Right, But yeah, dude, the ship you said was beautiful here, I am like masking my ego with these ship you said.
Speaker 1: Was tight, you know what I'm saying, Like I really like that ship was dope, Like you all right, we're getting better. We are getting better.
Speaker 7: It's tough, dude, It's tough to be vulnerable in those situations. It's just man, watching your friend go through that, crying, crying with you, crying with people you don't even know. I'm over here talking to some cat like I've never met before and we're both sharing tears.
Speaker 1: It's just a weird deal.
Speaker 7: Like you grow up and you're kind of told like you never like told don't cry. But it's like kind of like a thing like hey, you're dude, You're not supposed to crack when something happens. It's always like, hey, be strong for your family, be strong for this. Being strong means like standing there and being like, you know, putt your arm around somebody and you know, being tough and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a That was wild man, all to come off of us talking about how you know, we haven't seen it because we haven't seen each other since that time because then I went I went back to Vegas.
Speaker 7: Yeah have you You probably already talked about it. But the Raiders like nothing but love for them for the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Bro, the way that they've treated me this last month. Man, it's like, yeah, I mean there's there's no hard feelings. I will sit in the air. I'm like the second time I got cut, I'm like, are we sure that this is what we want to do? Yeah? Yeah, Cause I wanted to be in the playoffs man, Like you know, yeah, I was saying in the video yesterday, like I've played nine years and this would have been the third time going to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: We got booted last year on the Titans.
Speaker 1: I got booty of them when I was in Washington and we won the East one year we lost the Green Bay in the first round. But I've never won a playoff game and you just know it's that you guys went to the AFT Championship. You guys are in it. You guys probably feel in a very good spot now. But when you lose that moment in the AFC Championship, how down you get? And then last year we get kicked out of the first round. Like you don't just go back every year to the like the Titans. You guys have right off three in a row now, which is awesome, But the young guys who are in that locker room have no clue that it just it usually does not happen, Like, no, it doesn't come like that.
Speaker 7: Well, I was not actually talking to Nate Davis about that today, Like this is his third year in the league when the playoff every single year.
Speaker 1: Right right, Like you don't even know, bro, Yeah, he's got a delusional sense of how this thing works. Like everyone thinks they're going to be back. We get a little bit better at this position. We're all gonna be back together. You always think you're gonna go back on the run again, and in my nine years, it hasn't happened.
Speaker 3: Like all the opportunities are far in between, dude.
Speaker 1: And to think like you know this could be my last year going out going being in the playoffs with the Boys and everything, especially with everything that's happened and the way the organization has kind of treated me and taking care of me, and everyone's kind of put their arm around me. I was talking about it earlier, but it's just you want to be a part of that group, like while they do this, because not only I feel like, are the boys like playing for each other and playing for the Boys, but everyone's also playing for coach besides, and he's obviously an interim head coach, right, so they had to take over after Gruden got canned. And usually when you're an interim head coach, you're you know you're gonna coach out the year and that's probably gonna be it for you for the majority.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and like for everything you've said, like it seems like the boys like love the guy.
Speaker 1: Dude. Everyone would go get his tailors foot in the way. You want to move it for everything he said, Yeah, and then you're good. JP's reading to move it or not. I kind of liked it. It's like you hear him back there whispering. It's like, hey, we we just speak up, just say he's like, yeah, you can move it, No, you're good.
Speaker 7: That blows me away that everyone like, it doesn't blow me away because I don't know the guy, but it's rad that everyone loves him. Yeah, away they've come. Like you've said, dudes like are literally playing for that dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys want to play and win, like I said, for each other, but also like for a coach, because they want to see him continue to be there and the culture that's kind of been laid out, Like you walk around the building and obviously there's there's stuff to fix, the stuff to get better, but you just feel the energy when he's around players and when all the boys around the boys like everything's kind of the same, it all, it all flows with each other and it's just dudes fucking love him, man. And I've only played for him. I think I've played for the Raiders what eleven games total in my two years of my little stint with them, And you know, it's just crazy. He feels kind of just like a father figure. It's the it's the most wild thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it seems like he really has the best interest with players based on the things you've told me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean even in my own personal situation.
Speaker 1: He knew I wanted to be get a credited season and get three games, and he's like, I'll do everything in my power to try and get you that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, which as an interim head coach, you don't know how much power he's really got, right right right, I'm saying he probably doesn't.
Speaker 1: Have the majority power nothing like that. But he just looks out for everybody. Man, He does his best look out for everybody. And he's not he tells you how it is. He's straight, like he keeps it absolutely transparent with you every day. Because there's one day we're all about to get cut and he's like, hey, we might waive you today, but we would try to get you back on on practice squad. But I'm just letting you know so you can keep your head on a swivel. Yeah, And that was in like the second week I was there.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Is there six weeks I've been I was there for five weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd been nice if they gave you that snip on Wednesday, right right. They did last week, But you're saying, even for the playoff check now, it's just now I feel like I feel like i'd just be getting greedy, like, hey, am I Hey, you guys can't can't wait a day? I'm the boy. Yeah, you guys can't wait till Wednesday. It's not get this playoff bonus. They play Bengals. That's gonna be a good game.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a good game.
Speaker 1: We got. We have some good momentum right now, Like you string together four in a row and you win a dramatic game like that last week, and everybody's fired up. And I wasn't here when they played the Bengals the first time, but everybody feels like they were a couple of plays away before it got away from at the very end of the game. But yeah, dude, I wish, I wish I could be going to Cincy bad dude. Yeah, it's gonna be big storm there too, Yeah, which I think helps now being on the side being a media guy back on busting with the boys. Playoff, right, yeah, playoff? Will you still live? We're still gonna be acting crazy.
Speaker 7: On the internet, Yeah, exactly, right now, we're putting the media hat on you are.
Speaker 1: All yeah, all these I think we're in a better Yeah, I think we're in a better situation because you got the way Jamar Chase and Joe Burrow has been playing with each other. You got the snow factor. Now hopefully that dummies that element down a little bit and you gotta win the game on the ground. They do have a good running back in mixing. But yeah, I like what we got. I'm betting on black, you know what I mean. I'm going to the roulette table and I'm betting on black cool obviously, and then I hope what I hope happens. Yeah, I get it. You can't say nothing. Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 3: Talk about the Bills Patriots.
Speaker 1: I hope the Bills win. Is that I hope the Bills win. I hope the Chiefs win. I don't I hope the Chiefs. When I think the Chiefs are just gonna wind, Ben Roethlisberger is playing into some funny thing. You have to see it.
Speaker 3: But I want the Chiefs to win.
Speaker 1: I want the Bills to win, and obviously the boys in Black to win, because then the boys in Vegas come here in Nashville for the divisional round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is what my selfish hopes and desires are.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I loved hearing that. Yeah, support everything about as four your opinion.
Speaker 1: I thought it would have been. It would have been so sick and you never know. I could play Willy, could be back, could be back, could be back. Maybe I was telling Mayok like, hey, don't hesitate. Don't hesitate, bro what he's ready? He's like, all we want. I was telling the besides the saying thing. He's like, I don't know if you've noticed the theme, but we brought you back within twenty four hours.
Speaker 7: So if anything happens, like, yeah, I'm sure we'll call you. But do you ever have a sit down down with Mayok? Be like, what was what was my grade coming out when he was like a draft guy.
Speaker 1: No, but that's a good way he did. I did tell him he's got to come on the bus.
Speaker 3: And what do he say?
Speaker 1: He said, yeah, I'll be down. He lied.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't know that. You don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Hooters your go to spot for killer wings and ice cold beer and you know what else. Boys, that's it. But football season means all the big games on all the big screens with all the big Hooters, and it's the only place that as world famous Hooters girls, they love football just as much as you, and they're better looking than all your friends, way better. Hooters has game day specials to keep you hydrated and filled up on your Hooters favorites all season long, because we.
Speaker 3: Know you all go there, thirsty boys.
Speaker 1: If you can't make it to Hooters for the game, you can still get your Hooters fixed at home and save ten dollars with the code barstool when you order online. I'm sure they also have an Instagram that you can scroll if you want to do that. Check out Hooters dot com slash barstool for details. Get to your local Hooters as fast as you can. Yeah, I bet he would, you know what's clear? He would.
Speaker 7: Pat Collins, my agent ACA, told me, like, would they get right ups of players like they have like old gms and guys that used to do like scattering reports on like personalities and they like have my personality test from like the Eagles from like twenty fourteen. They probably have yours too. Maybe it'd be interesting to hear I've heard mine. They're spot on.
Speaker 1: Was it tough?
Speaker 7: No, it wasn't tough. I mean it was like, yeah, a little tough Jerry. They mentioned a fedora and they mentioned unique clothing. Jerry wasn't around yet, Terry was not around, but I'm sure that I don't think anybody take me in the draft.
Speaker 1: Now, you know this fucking dude, man, what is the wrong with.
Speaker 7: Wag job tell us saying that last night? Dude, were laying there, She's like, you just out of the box, aren't you?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I like it that way. Don't look it that way for sure? You got the uh no, you don't. Definitely don't have that vibe. I was gonna say, out of the box, the AB vibe going on, but he doesn't have the A B vibe.
Speaker 7: Hey, I was kind of disappointed in that podcast. I watched that podcast, and first off, love Bob. Bob and I have texted a couple of times, but never met him in person. Uh is he the full Send podcas never listened to him?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, we're good. I'm glad to be back. Boys. Uh damn, that's wild, dude.
Speaker 7: I'm like, yeah, whoa, sorry, Yeah, it's crazy now I feel like a piece of ship. That full That Full Sun podcast I never really listened to, Like, I've never listened to a pod, but when I listened to that one, it was actually really excited because I wanted to see him ask a b like real questions, and every time they asked AB real questions, he would deflect and they'd be like, are you right, dog?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying? Everything? Yeah, that's Selene kid. I lose anything, and like Bob, look, he tried to keep it real. He was trying.
Speaker 3: He was like, Okay, what about the wrapping thing?
Speaker 1: He's like, man, and he was like, oh no, I'll keep it real. I'll keep it really. Yeah, AB, you're the greatest, Like, come on, dude, what are we doing? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I feel like Ab, I'm I don't know if Aybe would if he ever did come on this podcast. We would love to have him, obviously, but I feel like it just wouldn't go well because I feel like we'd be like no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Dude, like what do you mean by by this right?
Speaker 1: Because I play like he was y'all play football, y'all go here, like who's better than me out there? Type of thing, Like he's doing all that stuff to make him seem like you're kind of inferior asking me questions, so I'll tell you what the real stuff is. But I do I think it's telling that he went on a pod like that and doesn't go on like a Busting with the Boys, a Pat McAfee show, Chris.
Speaker 7: It's also relationships too, because he was talking to Bob like, you know, you're my boy ball, I fuck with Bob. I'm here to be Kumbayan fuck with Bob like he said that, And so I think, like he knows.
Speaker 1: But he's a relationship thing for sure. Sure, but he's also not dumb, like he knows what he's doing. Like he's not going on like talking with Chris Long or anything like that.
Speaker 7: Maybe he's a superstar straight up. I heard a thing that Kanye wants to get on the track with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a celebrity for real, real, like he's a real celebrity or real celebrity.
Speaker 3: But I just think, like.
Speaker 1: When it comes to playing football, I think he's got just a delusional thought process on how everything is kind of unfolding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough, dude.
Speaker 7: It's tough because one of the hardest things to do as an athlete is live in reality because you're always gonna think you're better than you are, correct, you know, but you're never as good as you think you are, and you're never as bad as you think you are, right, that's just how it rocks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he is like ab is fucking good.
Speaker 7: And he's like when he had a comment about like, why is Gronk making what he's making and I'm going to prove it deal, And the simple answer to that is like, well, dude, I mean, if you look at the way the Chips have stacked with the Raiders, with the Patriots, like.
Speaker 1: His track record, no one trusts it, no one trusts you, and it feels about money, and you're talking about contracts and everything else. You'd have done everything possible in your power to be on the week one roster for the Raiders and you'd have made thirty million dollars. But then when you get cut and everything happens and everybody talks to you and hey, you're gonna have to probably be on approved deal. He signs for a low deal with the Patriots. Stuff off the field happens with him that allegations come in. The Patriots got to cut him and let him go. Tom Brady sticks his neck out for him and brings him into the UH, brings him into the Buccaneers. And you can tell by the way Tom spoke and we got to give him compassion and everything else. That actually made me feel bad on the way I was thinking about because I'm like, yeah, you know, Tom's Tom's like a leader. He's Shade. McCoy was just on im athletes saying he is the best leader and just dude, he's been around from a team perspective, and you can tell the way Tom was speaking that he was somebody who was trying to do his best and do right by a B because a B's like, well, you know what is Tom like me? Why is Tom my friend? He's my friend and likes me because I'm a good football player. Yeah, no, shit, we're in the NFL.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we actually had that conversation in the locker room and it's like we're playing football.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was talking with Jordan Ruse and it's like, yeah, like a lot of us if the world, if we didn't have football, wouldn't be friends, Like you know what I'm saying, Like we would in football at end, and we kind of like, yeah, I remember the so and so, and we were boys and it's kind of ended now. Yeah, you know, you get like a handful of days you're like your boys for life, right, talks about that with Will's wedding, like you only get if he's those seasonal friends, you know, And it's like, I get what AB's saying. And to argue with what AB said, just the statement, not like how he was saying it. All the shit was true, like God, to find your own happiness, can listen what other people say, like all that stuff, Like all that is true, but like there's a difference between saying something and living something, Like you've got to do both otherwise it falls on deaf ears for sure.
Speaker 1: And I'm strictly speaking from the standpoint of like him saying he wants to play football, and he's a football player, and if he's playing the victim mentality of what happened in that game, it's it's it's all wrong, number one, Like the way he just seems self absorbed in his own situation. We're playing a team game, like we're this is the biggest team business out there. Like when that stuff happens, you're literally you might as well turn to the bench and flip everybody else off, because there's more to it than just what is your situation going on? And from what I have heard about the way he is, he seems like he gets triggered on things fairly easily and gets mad. Yeah, and you know the way, just the way the way he was talking about everything else like this the Salim kid gets on I think he posts on his Instagram says, this is one of the greatest men I've ever met. I'm thinking, yeah, like I'm thinking, Okay, I can understand this is one of the coolest dudes I've ever met, or something like that, but I'm saying, one of the greatest men I've ever met.
Speaker 3: Like, what are we talking about right now?
Speaker 1: We're talking about being in an example as a teammate and a football player and everything else, And if we're strictly talking about that, if we're strictly talking about that, there's not a whole lot of arguments that he says that justifies what his behavior was. And based on the way players have spoke and also not have spoken on his behalf.
Speaker 3: To me is telling.
Speaker 5: He did come out and say, I think Newsbrook today that he was talking about how the taking the shirt off and the pads off that was probably overkill.
Speaker 2: He could have done without it.
Speaker 1: So he has taken he said that on a show or.
Speaker 5: Somethinganye last night and that is the quote that's been pulled is he says that that was overkill.
Speaker 1: I did too much there during my exit. I should have just walked off.
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good to hear because uh, and to be exact on what I was speaking to he goes, Bob asked him, is there anything else that you could have done? It was either Bob or Slam one of those. He goes, what else did you want me to do? Like? What else could I have done? And it's like, bro, come on now, like let's bring it down and actually talk to like what could have how you could have handled that differently.
Speaker 7: I think he spoke on that kind of makes you understand him a little bit more. As he said, when he came off the field, the Jets made him feel special. The fans mad him feel special the way they were appauding him when he was coming off the field. And I don't think if you really looked at like the Jet fans are applauding you, it's like watching a streaker on the field, like.
Speaker 1: A whole that fucking guy's getting it, you know what I'm.
Speaker 7: Saying, Yeah, going on, but I don't Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So I'm not gonna get comments on him as a person like I will. I'm just kidding. Just let me just keep going.
Speaker 7: It's just like the guy's a superstar, and like for us to be able to know what it's like to handle that kind of criticism. Twenty four seven be wrong because we were not at that level.
Speaker 1: You know, we're not at that level, but we're worrying. We we understand the level of being in the NFL. We understand a level of being in the NFL. Yeah yeah, but even in the NFL, even in the locker room, we don't know how levels that's true. We don't know how to be in literally anybody's shoes, anybody who's not in the NFL. We can't act like that we know what's going on with them either, like we're literally in nobody else's shoes. But you can still look at patterns and everything else and and have some you know, and being on the show too, it's like we we have opinions for this show and everything else, so we can talk about it, but you know, we we were not in anybody's shoes, so it's hard to it's hard to sit there and act like we know what's going on with any person, whether they're a superstar or they're not a superstar. Yeah, and you can still you can still have a you can still kind of talk about what you think is going on in this situation, especially when we know how to relate to being in those locker rooms.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I just don't I don't know what the Bucks locker room is like, but they like when we practice against them, they seem like they were all it was.
Speaker 1: It seemed like a close locker room.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the guy's kind of fucked with each other, right, And Tom as a leader, I don't know when I think of Tom and his leadership, like since I don't know him, and he like they say he's a great leader, I kind of get that. Like Last Dance, Michael Jordan vibes like he's gonna get on you, but it's only because he expects that out of himself as well, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And so it's the same thing with.
Speaker 7: Like Brady getting Gronk his million dollars in the last game, Like Tom was probably gonna try to do the same thing for ab. What do you need like eight catches and seventy yards or something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he had him like eleven catches the game before or something like ten catches or eleven catches the Yeah four. They try to get him that guy I had a B on Fantasy. He let me down in the championship game. It just this is where it is. Somebody's like, dang, well, it looks like you're gonna lose. I'm like, I don't know what you guys want me to do. My player quit on me in Mad Game. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just feel like like people, a lot of people think like AB has like mental issues, and they always bring up the Vonta's Berfect hit and like you never know ct and shit like that, Like it's a road I'm not gonna go down because I don't know a lot about it and I honestly don't even care to discuss it because it's just kind of scary to.
Speaker 1: Think about, for sure.
Speaker 7: But I just don't I think more than anything, like it's a it's a guidance thing, like if you it all depends on what the people you surround yourself with, the environment environment you surround yourself with, and if you have dudes all the time saying ib you deserve more, you deserve this, Like even if you have your head on straight, eventually that shit's gonna leak into your mind and you're it's gonna affect you one way or another. Like that's why it's so important to like have the right people around you. That's why, like in a lot of ways, when I started getting more successful, like just naturally, my circle got a lot smaller. Like when I first came to Nashville, was everybody's friend, right, you know, I walk into a bar and it's like you kind of you're getting given the double points to the bartender and then this person and that person because you're just like a little socialite ripping around.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's what.
Speaker 7: Once I started finding like some sort of individual success in the NFL, that shit started going away because I was like, I can't be trusting everybody.
Speaker 1: And if you have the right people, the right people kind of in your and helping you out too, like Mitt Taylor and everything else. Yeah, exactly, like he was like tightening stuff up or people you trust and they're like, hey man, you know it's be willing. You got to be willing to allow someone to say no to you. Exactly. Yeah, Like it's like because I'm with you you we can't sit here and diagnose and say all these things about ab and his mental health and everything like that. If there's nothing that he said like it. If you watch that too, it seems like this is the dude that he's wanting to be, Like he's a superstar, like he wants to be a celebrity. And if those are the antics, like I think, it's like, man, I'll be curious what happens because he's like, what do you mean, I want to play Football'm gonna get surge, I'm gonn clean it up. I'm gonna be back next year. I'll be curious to see how that all unfolds. Because if you wanted to take the exit of doing that, get on a Kanye album, get into a celebrity boxing match, do all this stuff, make his own music, do all these things he's doing in that game, it's that's not the wrong way to take because he's generating all this traffic, all this attention, all this popularity from it, because he does have fans that like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: JP and T about that. Yeah, these teams super comming.
Speaker 1: But like it's where where it caught me off guard was he's actually sitting there talking like I didn't do anything wrong. What else do you want me to do? No, I'm gonna still play football like I'm playing football. And then obviously his agent's writing all this stuff for him to make it seem like it's the Buccaneers fault and how they were handling him differently.
Speaker 3: You don't know what's youing, what's not for sure.
Speaker 7: But I mean, like I said, I don't know Bruce arians I met him one time when he's with the Cardinals. I was doing a draft visit. Dude, seem like an all time guy. Fucking Bruce. I was like, damn, I look, you want to go with the Cardinals now? Yeah, but they picked that twenty so it didn't work out. But yeah, that wasn't even meant to be like that wasn't even meant to be like that. Boys, that was not even Look but you know what I'm saying, Like he seemed like a dope dude. Tom wants had never been around, never had dinner with Tom, but like, fucking you watch Tom for so long it's like, dude, this guy's just awesome, Like you just root for him. I fucking love Tom, but I think he's awesome. But I don't you know, you don't know, you don't know that ship. Yeah, you kind of know him.
Speaker 1: That one shook his hand whatever, never been an issue, so I can't tell him how he's feeling.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, exactly. But yeah, dude, that was That's just crazy. That's I mean, it's never okay just to leave, especially in team sport. It's never okay just to leave a game like fuck this. Yeah, it's like all of it was too much. Yeah, ultimately he gotta sand on the sidelines and just sat there and said I'm not gonna play, which is not okay, but not to me, to you know, not even walk out, but just stand there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Ultimately, Yeah, I mean it's it's whatever you want out of life. I think I think what gets me is people uh swinging the sword for him and making it seem like, you know, he's been he's being done wrong in all these other situations and fighting like he's this or he's that, and so that's where that's where I'm like, let's let's talk through this, let's talk through these situations as a football player.
Speaker 3: But I'd love to have him on the pod. Yeah, I'd like to have him on the pod.
Speaker 1: Too.
Speaker 3: It'd be interesting, Well we've de end with him before.
Speaker 1: I want to say Alex was dming with him with the profile, right with the bust with the Boys profile.
Speaker 2: It'd be great for him to have to comb with you guys, what you're talking about the.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and once again, like the full sent podcast, Like it was very obvious in the beginning of that pot I kind of fast forward through a lot because they're like, hey, you know, Bob's like, there's an eighty percent chance he comes, there's a ninety chance he comms like at the end of the day, like they were just excited to have money like we would be. Also, it's not like we wouldn't be stoked to have a b on. We know what's gonna happen, how how many clicks that's gonna get, you know. And then it's like, you know, you don't want to say too much or have too much confrontation where he just storms out or something.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: And I'm not ridiculous to say that point, because I don't think you are ridiculous, And he just did it.
Speaker 1: He was walked out of NFL team, So I'm saying, and you if they were putting Bob.
Speaker 7: It's trying to preserve his relationship with it, right right, Bible slowed.
Speaker 8: Bob had to slow it down because Bob Bob Bob like yeah yeah, Bubba's like I was trying to make a joke and he's like, see that's the thing, Like, well you gotta It's just like, hey man, it was not even that serious, bro.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well he's just about what. It was like, I'm gonna do fries, but I want to do the fries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like but you you can't. Him like, yeah, where's this going?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't do the fries.
Speaker 1: I don't even burn your hand. You can't do the fries. And it's like, you know, can't.
Speaker 7: About five minutes into that thing, and I was like I've heard enough.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 7: It would have been cooler if they like, you know, stuck it there. But it was so fresh, like when did they have it? When didn't they get him?
Speaker 1: Two days got him when he was in New York, so they he was definitely out there. It was fresh show of that basketball game that he was a was what two days a day after, a day after, so they got him forty hours like that. Dude's still emotionally going through it. You know, his feelings are real too, A B. He's like, however he felt the way he handled it. You can argue all day, but his emotions were real. So like you got a guy in there who emotionally feels a certain way. Not unstable might be the wrong word, but you don't you know, you don't always.
Speaker 3: Gonna do well.
Speaker 1: He feels like on the pod, if you get certain questions that he you can tell he wasn't necessarily like that. He liked in that moment you're feeling attacks, so he can't given the mustard catch up vibe.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I got it the first time.
Speaker 1: It's kumbaya, but like we can kumbaya in the pod and I look, I'll I'll lay down my sword and ask and you know, try and ask all the right questions and everything and try to like the way we were handling Johnny Manziel. Yeah, like the way we were talking through Johnny Manziel in the time where I was like, you know, for somebody like me, you're looking at pissing away a certain opportunity. Whatever we got into, like as a the guy who's undrafted, watching him do his thing and kind of sabotage his career. Yeah, I see it kind of going, you know, being the same way that do a.
Speaker 5: Lot of understanding, I think for me at least, and I think for audience too, just watching the reaction for people to understand Johnny because he answered those questions, Like when he came out, it was like, Yo, maybe I just didn't.
Speaker 1: Love football like that, Like yeah for real, right that I.
Speaker 5: Had never heard from him before, And it was like, oh, okay, cool, I got you man, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Here I get on somebody.
Speaker 7: It's like, you know, if they have all town in the world, but they just don't love it, it's like, well fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it'd be really fucking good at something new. It's a lot of money and gets a lot of fame. Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to me, the way he was doing it and the state of mind he seemed to be in answered those questions.
Speaker 3: He wasn't feeling like attacked or nothing like that.
Speaker 7: You're kind of just like, damn, yeah, maybe yeah, hasn't thing he can really You're like all right, Like he did it for understanding and also the one the only thing that threw me off, The only thing that threw me off in that pod was like, when you asked him, would you do anything different? He said no, It's like I in my head and I didn't want to press that situation because he was giving, he was giving so much and being so vulnerable at the same time. But when he said he wouldn't change anything, I'm like, you know, as you grow and get more mature, you see how you affect people. Like when I look back on my final season at Michigan, there's a lot of things I would have changed, you know what I'm saying, just to interact with people enacted and I think, you know, as I think if he were to go back right now, guys in the locker room like Joe Thomas, who like you know, didn't sniff a winning season for what eight years or whatever it was, you probably be more empathetic to that and want to do more even if you didn't love the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's definitely a way. I feel like to say both because like, at the same time, you can assume that he's saying that, because at some point you can probably regret something so much that it takes up space in your mind and you're try you know, you've done your you've went through your process of letting it, letting it go, and forgiven yourself for it. But I'm sure you can at the point at the same time have the perspective like, yeah, you know, I would definitely would have done stuff differently, But where I'm at now in my life and in my headspace and everything else, like, I can't live in that space of regret because it just kind of holds you back. A great point.
Speaker 7: Not going would talk to him T I'm about to do the cross country mortgage ed and listen, there's a lot of talking points on here.
Speaker 1: Talk to them.
Speaker 7: What I'm about to do right now is way harder than just working with cross country mortgage. Yeah, the great thing about hanging with your boys or girls is you get a lot of different povs. That's not inappropriate, but nobody has all the answers every time unless it comes to we're mortgage. That's where cross country mortgage comes in. Whatever you're debating, whether a new home, a second home, or refinancing. They have everything to cover to cover everyone, and they close on average and just mid mind boggling twenty one days.
Speaker 3: That's actually unbelievable because I've done.
Speaker 1: A couple of loans and twenty one days tell them about your experience. One days is.
Speaker 3: Crazy, my good. Yeah, I love how.
Speaker 7: I love how Alex scrolled down to some smaller points to really save the boy. And I appreciate that Coss Coaching Mortgage has a team of loan officers dedicated to getting it done and finding you the best possible loan terms available. They've got a wide variety of loan types, which means they've got everything to cover everyone. Let's let's do the call to action, which is tough for me, boys and girls, really tough for me.
Speaker 3: So I need you to follow me. My reading level is not very high.
Speaker 7: Go to Crosscouchry Mortgage dot com slash bar stool and then it says, so that's probably a typo?
Speaker 3: Is that a typo? I'm like Ron Burgundy. Okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 7: Go to Cross Country Mortgage dot com slash barstool. So Cross Country Mortgage can take care of take care of you through the home buying process. Costachy Mortgage LLC n m l S thirty twenty nine. All loans set it to Underwriting Approval www dot n m l S Consumer Access dot org.
Speaker 1: They're not every with me. I get it. What's it like being in one season?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: What's the game plan going in the next week? Uninterested in talking about it at all. We're gonna see the We're gonna see the King. Is he returning? No idea?
Speaker 3: What else can we ask so we can just kind.
Speaker 1: Of the next week? Yeah, what's what would you predict?
Speaker 3: One team wins and one team loses. Who would you like to see come out of the wild card round?
Speaker 1: I don't think it really matters.
Speaker 2: Here's a question.
Speaker 7: There's no ties in the playoffs? No, yeah, yeah, you just play forever.
Speaker 1: You got I think, yeah that you got to.
Speaker 3: Get orange slices break that's what's that.
Speaker 2: Who's coming out of the NFC?
Speaker 1: No idea?
Speaker 2: That's not even the conference?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, dude, there's They're really good. The NFC is all really good.
Speaker 1: There's no way to tell you that.
Speaker 3: It's the playoffs. Anybody can win or lose, like I know we did.
Speaker 1: The Hey we did so like we do. I do want to give a second now for bloss. I haven't followed them the entire year, but I do know the first half of the year how down bad the Niners were, and we're like, damn we were really wrong about the Niners because at one point we were talking about three of those teams would be in the playoffs, and then it was like, oh, it looks like the Niners aren't gonna do it, and they really turned that shit around. What did they start off that was it kind of like the Titans when they were two and four.
Speaker 6: So they rattled off, they rattled off win, they rattled off with the two wins in a row, and then they went on like a huge down, like downslope where they lost like George Kittle for five games. They lost like their defensive, their their dbs all went down. Our secondary was completely hurt. We lost a couple of key linebackers. Jimmy Jimmy Garoppolo obviously got hurt. Trey Lance had to fill in for him for a while. But now, very similar to the Titans, the Titans just managed that situation, you know, or they they went through that situation a lot better than the than the forty nine ers did. They manage their injuries. They managed to obviously come out at the number one seed. On the other hand, probably affected us a little bit more. But they, I mean just obviously credited the Titans for being able to go through all that and really says a lot about Mike rabel right coach of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm trying to just like, how did the Niners start and then they kind of ended the year? You're going on something that way.
Speaker 7: He just starts bulling once he said he lost that bat, and he's like gotta like I think he goes, he goes.
Speaker 1: It's actually obligated to see all the credit to the Titans. I literally thought to myself, wait, where are we at? Where are we at in the combo right now?
Speaker 6: Making a comparison as to how both teams went through the exact same thing.
Speaker 1: One team probably just managed it a little bit better and wow, but yeah, they started off rough. Obviously got oh yeah, the Titans row in seventeen for the first quarter of the year. You don't have to speak on that, la. That's something I else speak on being a fan. And I was watching the Boys and you watch Twitter and social media unfold, like there's people ready to jump.
Speaker 3: They're not ready to jump ship.
Speaker 1: People were jumped ship and ready to They wanted everybody's head, yeah in the Titans organization, because I thought it wasn't gonna work out now the Boys are the one seed obviously Titans. Twitter's up, Jack, I did see your post. What'd you say, like, you know all the people who it was, Well, I don't want to misquote.
Speaker 9: Him right right, and it's you know, it's it's wild how that works because we were we were having a we were having a good deep talk after like maybe it was week four or five or something like that, and uh, you know, we kind of just rattled off.
Speaker 1: We're hitting back on the conversation where you guys started off two and four and then you right off and go to the AFC Championship and just the ups and downs and ebbs and flows of a season. You just have no clue how it shakes out. As long as you like, get a little momentum and just win one game and then continue to stack those wins. I think the biggest thing because I'll be excited. I do think coach Rabels should win Coach of the Year.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 3: I think he should win, and he's very deserving.
Speaker 1: Did he? I also think on the aim token, my first text will be to him will be like, man, nobody will be able to tell you nothing now, will be able to tell nothing. Yeah, yeah, like he's gonna, man, he'll be who knows what kind of jokes they'll have being Coach of the Year. But that'll, yeah, what that'll do to stage presence. But I do think he does deserve a Coach of the Year just because of everything that happened. I remember when we all remember when Derek went down, we were all talking excluding you. We were all talking talking about When he says excluding you, he means Taylor. Yeah. Yeah, for everybody watching. Yes, if you're listening, washing and go ahead subscribe, make sure to do that again. But I remember Taylor would walk out. I would look and tell the boys on my times are done man, I say, the boys might be done man, just because there's so much happening. I mean you it's you've had You've had a tough year going up and down with that on availability, like there was just so many, like frame said the coach through how many guys it's been on the roster on ninety Well we played eighty eight guys, eight ninety two, I mean ninety two guys. And it's changing every week. You lose your best player a J.
Speaker 2: Julio.
Speaker 1: They're down, you've been down, like you're going through guys on defense. The linebacker room was shifting around. When they invited me to have a workout. At that time, the only people who were available was like Rashaan It was for Sean h Nick and uh Dylan Cole. Jay On was kind of he had that quad contusion. H don't talk about injuries. Yeah, I mean he's he's he he's healthy now. Number one rule, I'm not a titan. Okay, he rapes out a shot to sign the boy. But at the time when I was getting invited for the workout, Jayon was going through something. David Long was still he.
Speaker 3: Was still on something, Sam but she still touched the areas.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean you're not talking about it. Just put your hands into a lot of public information.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but listen, listen.
Speaker 1: I don't have the type butthole that you might have sitting there. But clinched. Okay, Hey, they were thin a linebacker when I got the call to get an invite and nouries.
Speaker 3: Because of injuries and then the man a little bit a little bit of.
Speaker 1: Flim that might still be in the Yeah, yeah that from that vid. Dude, the VID tested positive for old Willy. Things have been around, but and now you guys, you know you're getting to where obviously you want to be. And I hate that you're on here talking about because I'd be saying the same thing if you weren't on here. But the Tiers are getting to the spot to where they've wanted to be the entire season, and that's healthy with everybody on the roster and everybody active and ready to go. With the addition of Zach Cunningham and everything else. It's just coaching and doing and keeping the culture right through all of that adversity is a tough thing to do and I'm sure as fucking stressful as hell. I know it was for players. I know it is for coaches. I think it just says a lot about what coach Rape's done. And that's enough of me blowing smoke. I was just asking you about the Niners for a second.
Speaker 2: But uh, I have something for you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh let's go boys. Look at that dude.
Speaker 3: Let me get a looking look.
Speaker 1: I'll put in the thing and then you put in that camp. We're showing you, guys. What we're showing right now is our plaque for getting one hundred Thuzle subscribers to YouTube we finally got our trophy.
Speaker 3: We we finally got our due.
Speaker 1: Man. Oh that's cool as ship, dude, it really is. I'm fired up about this year, bro. I think we're It's been a great year. It's been a great year. Been a great year.
Speaker 2: Maybe got to go back there somewhere.
Speaker 1: I thought something happened to the pod. When Alex showed up, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, are we getting robbed?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: They think think I lost this year. Ravee shows up, they froze up like this. I was like, I don't have to get shot. Ram just opens the door all talk. Hey, what's up right? Yeah, Hey, that's fucking cool. But to go off of what you said, I do want to get this out. Just let me finish real quick and you can back me.
Speaker 1: At least say this for me, because people are going to be like, look at Will trying to get on the Titans so badly. You know it pains me, You know, it pains me to blow that much smoke for Vrabel, But I do. I do think the man deserves Coach of the Year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wipe your lips. I think it's super important.
Speaker 1: There's still a couple weeks in the about from Rainfel Dude, that thing was, Yeah, yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: Now did I hit? And here I go talk can't bust out of my mouth. I one hundred percent agree.
Speaker 3: With what you said. You need the knee pads before you get down there.
Speaker 7: No, dude, these things are already roughed up. We'll be all right. I think Rabel deserves Coach of the Year. I mean, who knows if it happens when I thought AJ deserved Rookie of the or off it's ave rookie of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. Washington knows he's gotta like no, no, it's not even that.
Speaker 7: I just don't want to blow Vrabel right now, but I'm about to because he's a fucking great coach and he's an asshole, such a good coach, like I know, but here I got four years, I've learned so much more about football, and just in his team meetings a Friday, he does a Friday he does a Friday tab and.
Speaker 3: Just like literally verbally destroy the situations. And it's like somewhat funny.
Speaker 7: I mean, he thinks he's a lot funnier than he is, and he's playing to an audience that has to left. But like, like what the things he talks about that he goes through, like the situation stuff. Then he's quizzing, guys, what situation is this? This many timeouts, this much time left in the clock? What are you thinking out there during no Like in games when you go into a four minute we have like our rules in our head. We're in the huddle talking about score. Yeah, that shit was annoying. Go go score, Let me finish because we just scored to make it a one score game and there was like six minutes of the game.
Speaker 1: So my thought was, are we gonna do two minutes like we were?
Speaker 3: Are we going back to regular ball?
Speaker 1: Go let me finish? So I'll play a fucking ass on the on the thing.
Speaker 3: Got my ass, dude.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I think I mean, I think that's a big reason why so many guys have been able to come in and know what to do and play fast because he fucking he breaksh it down pretty like at a really good level. For players to absorb that and know it.
Speaker 1: You'll be in the game, like on the sideline in the game, in tune with everything, and you just know he'll be like, oh, that'll make the Friday tape, or you'll know what three over this, or hey, we're in the situation. You're just aware of what of what you can expect in any given situation. And I do agree with that that it's even even playing playing with the Raiders. I'll be I'll be in tune with the game and you'll just think, you'll you might see a guy swipe at a ball or something, and I think in my head, all that that'll be on that'll probably be on the Titans Friday.
Speaker 3: Tape next week, because you don't just wipe dude.
Speaker 7: It's a stab, right, It's proven time and time again you lose it. And I'll be in games bro and I'll see things happen. I'll literally say, so, hey, you can't swipe you a stab?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like an old lineman.
Speaker 7: We're seeing ship that and this dB is like throwing fuck up. Yeah, you know other teams like they'll go trying to swipe a ball from AGEBA. If you stabbed, you might have got it. Yeah, you gotta sad you might have got that. You got a stab in everybody and they called the bitch and then they walk away and I feel less than.
Speaker 3: Just trying to coach the boy up, that's all.
Speaker 9: Uh Rabel's that way because he is so fresh out of playing that the way he can explain things more relatable.
Speaker 3: Or is he just that's a good question.
Speaker 7: I think like the way he explains things maybe, but like knowing all those rules, he's just got a great mind for football, like he really knows.
Speaker 1: God that shit is so dope. No, I agree. I think obviously you probably learned a lot of stuff we haven't played on New England.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure the Patriots are have a lot of that same thing. Yeah, they're probably.
Speaker 1: He just has his own spin on doing it, being a player for fourteen years and everything else. And I know it's fourteen because again, you're so in tune with situations, you're also in tune.
Speaker 3: With this career because they'll tell you all about.
Speaker 7: It and you know, you know, you KNOWLT listen to our podcast. He's got the Jergins out right now. Oh bro, loving every bit of this. He was like, because I remember I texted it. I texted him yesterday when I had got cut. I was like, Hey, I'm just saying, you know, the boy got cutting again. I told you it was a bit of a blood bath in that team meeting'll be text me I know.
Speaker 1: Well, he laughed, He goes, no way, how could they cut you? After those stats I saw? And then he made sure to He made sure to also say on Twitter, Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He likes the social media. He loves hates media.
Speaker 7: He pretends to hate it. Yeah, but he has to. I feel like like he.
Speaker 1: Can't just be out and open him saying I love I love Twitter, right, which he's like us, Jude.
Speaker 3: He doesn't watch the news. He gets it on Twitter right right.
Speaker 1: And I think it's just it's such a collective, it's such an easy thing to say. It's way more sensible. Set I'm back. Yeah, social media sucks, man, And we're all just like, yes, that's brutal, Like who who's so stupid? Who gets on that? But you know, there's a everyone has a sight. You just enjoy laughing, you enjoy having a good time. But he was like, yeah, how could they cut you? I saw that. I saw your stats on Twitter. Like he's just bro, He's hilarious.
Speaker 3: It just came to Yeah, that one almost overcovery. More of a boy for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like the thing you were talking about We were like, yo, Rabel's kind of just treating me like a friend. He's look, he been doing that to me too, really yeah, And I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Chris Long had me on his pod and he was trying to get a lot of like he was. He was trying to get a lot of Vybel Coach of the Year stuff, probably running and like how cool was it to like play for Vrabel because he seems like such a player's guy. And I was just making sure. I'm like, listen, he is an asshole. Like I was, like, he's an asshole. The dude knows ball and the team plays. It's like an example of what he's like. Asshole football dude, and they know what to do, they know how to do it, all that stuff. But I was like, don't get a twisted. My man's an asshole. I enjoy being on the side of it where I'm not his player, and more so than I do being a player, because we have a it's like you have more relationship, Like the guy got me an air fry for my wedding, you know what I mean. It was the only thing you wanted. It was the only thing I wanted. It was my top thing on the on the on the registreet, and he did it for me, and then I felt bad.
Speaker 3: I didn't invite him to the wedding.
Speaker 7: So if you invite him to the wedding, that had been different, What do you mean because I feel like me, like I feel like me and Raves would have.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I thought it would been awkward if he went to the wedding. Yeah, I'm a player, you know what I'm saying. It would have been fine, But then like what if we both got drunk together and then like and then we're in camp and I like, I get a loaf and he's like, maybe if you weren't drinking at Will's.
Speaker 3: Wedding, you know, but he'd be right.
Speaker 1: He would have been right there with him. I'm saying, you know, he's got that firepower like that, he does got that firepower and if he gat coaches the year, he's going to have that fire firepower.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: But you had the playoffs, dude, which you played for playoff?
Speaker 1: Willie? He's here, Yeah, I love the Playoffs. I was trying to get a get I was trying to like, yeah, we can't really talk much more about Titans you can talk about the playoffs. I know I've talked about the playoffs. I talked about how I wish I was in love when he pops it up. I know I wish I was in that thing, bro, because I'll you you were here when I said I hope the Bills win the Chiefs win.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, I was in the radie minutes ago, and then the Raiders come on, I'm gonna what I'm gonna try to do is one tackle.
Speaker 1: I'm still just gonna try to get on the sideline now. Ay, yeah, I'm gonna wear my old Raiders Jersey.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna come on the to the Titans game not standing on the Titan side.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, Boston?
Speaker 1: Why is that crazy? Hang on? Hang on? I don't I don't want. That was wrong with me to ask because I was being confrontational doing that and being like, all right, yeah why.
Speaker 7: But it's more so, well I answered the question. I didn't take any of it. Okay, yeah, go ahead, because we're boys. You're my fucking boy, dude, You're my best friend. Okay, relax, Okay, take about ten percent off that, but you're my best friend.
Speaker 1: To take ten percent off because we gotta be tough. For a second. No, I was trying to answer damn question.
Speaker 3: You listen, you please, Hut, it's over.
Speaker 1: It's not over. It's not over. You're right. That was I was gonna be like Willie, now we're I mean it like that in my life. Let's say next week, you're not on a team for some ungodly reason.
Speaker 7: You're not on a team. Next next like, why wouldn't you be supporting the boys? Here's why, here's why.
Speaker 1: If the Raiders win, I get a super Bowl ring because I've been on the team. Okay, they signed me, they've they've they've they employed me at the backup of the year. I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go to Claire's and get one remade with Keebrick's codium diamonds on it.
Speaker 1: Then I'll get it.
Speaker 3: I'll give you one and they'll say playoff Willie on it.
Speaker 1: It has like the way I feel. I know this is a cop out. I do feel like I have two teams in the playoffs. However, if the Boys clash and play, what about the Niners. Yeah, I'm room for Kittle, I'm room for the boys. I'm room for the Niners. Well Blossy too. Yeah, I'm room for bloss for sure. I want I want, I want bloss to have a victory. I want the Niners to come out. I would love to see uh. I love to see McVeigh and Stafford have success. And Jalen Ramsey he's like my favorite football player, and then I would love uh. I love the the Bucks to win too, because the Levante David.
Speaker 2: So who's left.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the guys winning their games week one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't really know who I think might come out.
Speaker 1: I think it's got to be the Packers, right, I mean the Packers will probably come out of the NFC, is what I would think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a popular opinion, but I popular opinion in the AFC.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you don't say to say the Raiders, Oh yeah, Chiefs, the Raiders hang on? I do. I do want to say why because I'm not doing it for like friction or anything else. I just feel like being around the boys for the last few weeks, like I do want. I want to see them succeed with everything that has went on personally and as a team and the way they want besides you to win and everything else. I know you guys are the same thing, and I do refer all you guys' success, like I fucking love the boys, but I think given the last five weeks and playing for the Raiders and everything else, like, yeah, I just want I want the boys to fucking I want the Boys to upset some people. Dude, I want them to go on a run. I want to get a Super Bowl ring. I want to be partying with the boys. You know.
Speaker 7: The wild thing is the last time the Titans were the one seed was that two thousand and nine, two and eight you lost in the division game. The one seed really means nothing, Like it really doesn't mean a lot, like having a BIA is great, trust, Like I love it getting healthy advantage, and I'm this is not a shot, like when I say these words, like when I say what I'm about to say, like to the Ravens, Like we went to the divisional game against the Ravens and we had a lot of success and they had a whole week off, So it really doesn't like unless we come ready to play, it don't matter, Like like this one seed doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: If we don't win next week, it does not matter at all.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, you know, as the way the tournament works out, it's all about advancing, winning and advance now, but it's fart as far as setting up and setting yourself up for the best road to success. I think obviously being a one seed, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, it's it's great to be the one seed because of this week. Like right now, I'm no idea who I'm gonna play. Life is stressed free, right, you know what I'm saying. It's not like a regular buy because you know who're playing the league, you're on the bus. You can kind of look, yeah, I'm chilling fun, we're chilling. But if we go play whoever next week, it does like it really doesn't matter, like unless we come in and already right.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but yeah, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that you have the benefit of getting healthy right now, you're gonna play a fresh team and as long as you guys obviously handle your business, which we just bleue smoke up rabes ass for the last hour.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want I don't know why, I'm just getting all uh your but whole sex. Yeah, I'm folding right now. Ye acuse I'm here. But as long as all the boys come ready to play and everybody keeps it tight, like not saying you guys will begin, you guys are gonna win.
Speaker 3: That's just not You're right, that's not how it works. It doesn't matter after that.
Speaker 1: But getting healthy, having home field advantage is the advantage of having the one seed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, football don't care about nobody really doesn't care about anyone. Yeah, you know, both teams say prayers.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, you said. Matt Overton had tweeted what did he tweet? Exactly good season and said is good.
Speaker 2: I guess he just liked.
Speaker 1: That's what's hilarious. I just sit there and think, man, and both teams, we sit there and pray hard for health, success on the field, and like coming away with a win and no one comes out of that game. Not everyone comes out of that game healthy, any game healthy, and there's got to be a winner and a loser. Man, So games legit just hurt. Yeah, yeah, oh, Bro talks to me. I was hurting after that game. I couldn't really go to sleep because you got to tour it on the caffeine in you and my legs were just I'm wired after games, bro, and my legs were just dead. I'm like laying there. I'm like getting up, leaning my hands on my legs and stuff like that, trying to help myself up. And yeah, She's like, Charles's like, damn, babe, like you.
Speaker 3: Didn't play a whole lot like that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, yeah, bro, you know it like when you're injured and you're like, oh, okay, I get a day off of practice and stuff like that, and you'll be staying on the sideline at practice and everything in your back. Man kind of shitt He's just standing here the whole time. I feed hurt. Oh but dude, that's so funny. That's hilarious. Were answering the internet. Yeah, it's a long Yeah. Did you know this? You saw that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did. I texted him. He didn't text me back. That's cool. At Morris ninety six R. With Portnoy moving to Nashville for four months or so, are the boys going to lobby for any specific upgrades? Will you have him back on the bus? Definitely hit on the natty game talk Nashville sports fans been much said lately. I mean, well, okay, yeah, yeah, talk the Natty game.
Speaker 7: You know how don't know how to really land that place. Ain't at the end now, Yeah, I mean, obviously we want to have him on the bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why he's want to be.
Speaker 7: He wants to be in Nashville between what when's he gonna come to, Like February.
Speaker 1: Through February through April, April through February through April he said, April.
Speaker 7: Oh, if he's here in April, it's a good deal. But if you're here, I don't know, January to April, it's like, yo, this is not the place you want to be. Yeah, it's a bit of a deal. But yeah, all those things. He kind of like, I think, I don't worry. What are we gonna lobby for on the bus? So what do we do the more things we need?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if there's as much lobby on the bus other than like have him on and build the state of boys more.
Speaker 3: The boys are in the contract here.
Speaker 1: It's coming up. Oh it's started, Holy February. In February it starts. Yeah, that's what's crazy. Ja, I totally forgot it's twenty twenty two. Yeah, that's wild. Yes, he had contract here for the boys, So that's a big deal. Last sure as barstools, so you know it'll be good to have him around that.
Speaker 3: It's up to them.
Speaker 1: And I think, uh, I want to say, Barstool is opening up that spot down by Hampton Social.
Speaker 3: You know how they just opened a bar in Chicago.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna open a spot in Nashville that's right down by wherever Agne is off a First Street. That spot that's on the other side of the pedestrian bridge. So yeah, that'll be sick. Yeah, we do build around the boys. Barstool Nashville, bring Barceloa, build around you know, you got a good point. We're it.
Speaker 7: We need to get a barstool Nashville going, Man, I think there is a barstool Nashville just hasn't.
Speaker 1: Well it's a it's an account. I'm talking about an office in Barsol Nashville. Like you get a big spot pipe dreams here. Yeah, a big spot bus is somewhere in there, obviously, because we're building around. If you're looking for a nucleus to build around, it's the bus. We're in it. Boys, you have the nucleari Dude, do you need an engine? Not figuratively not literally because we don't have an engine. That's right, but I think you do it it. You can easily do it around bustling with the boys. Man, you don't need also a portnoihit on it too. I said it was trash. We're doing things nice over here. By the way I walked in, the voice had done an amazing job. It looks awesome. The blue lights gotta clean up a little. Yeah, I was gonna say, we've got a lot of stuff on the floor. That's all right, dude, But yeah, bust off Sessions is when can we say bustof Sessions is happening?
Speaker 3: January twenty fourth.
Speaker 7: Dude, I saw that clip of like the whole set up.
Speaker 3: It is awesome, dog. The productions unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Give a hand for the productions led by Garrett, led by Garrett and then all the boys. We got creative director Alex Legos, We got Jack McPherson, we got jpf He, we got Blosster Nandez, we got TBD management. But dude, Garrett, I know I called you and blue smoke up your ass like I was doing vable. But you really did do a fucking incredible It was outstanding, dude, And for everybody listening. You guys know bust Off sessions a little bit. I'm telling you, guys, Season two is going to be incredible, dude.
Speaker 3: That's a whole another level.
Speaker 1: The cameras, the different shots, the layout, the way this place looks.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: Man. We have we have some hitters brought to you by whistle Pig, sponsored by Whistlebink. I still can't believe it, dude, that could and the commercial you guys fucking did that. She was awesome. Man, I tell you what, it reminded me that we need to do though. We need to get you one of those fucking action figure things.
Speaker 3: Who oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The way we can like it looks like it looks like a commercial about Will Compton and whistle Pig. It's just spinning me around and stuff. I'm like, Yo, this ship is hilarious.
Speaker 7: This Stet's and Bennet kid, you're just putting on this TV right now.
Speaker 3: That kid is still drunk. Dude, Kid's a legend.
Speaker 1: Would love to have him on the bus.
Speaker 7: He doesn't have to pay for anything in Georgia for the rest of his life. No Ben, what's Ben Jones doing for him?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Ben Jon's gonna do it all after I bet.
Speaker 7: And Ben is as a funk about college football too, because every week it's like, well, you know, plays everything down and I'm the opposite.
Speaker 3: I play everything up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, if we got to get ant and going to the top, and.
Speaker 7: Men's like, you know, we've done We've been on once before and we've let it down. So you know, he just keeps it. He just keeps it steady. I like the turbulence, you know what I'm saying, make a fight more. It makes the fight more fun. But he, you know what, I do believe Michigan would have beat Alabama.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 7: I do believe Michigan would have beat Alabama. And I told Derek that and he looked at me, and they had four dicks on my head. I looked at I told that to Julio and he called me. He said, and word what and he looked and so it didn't go well with them. But I will say Michigan probably would have beat Alabama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy, for sure. It beat Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's funny is I said? Yeah, I'm like the uh Selim kid with the ab Oh. Yeah, man, Michigan's great.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna lie you the greatest base based off the showing. Yeah I did. I did say that. I thought I was like Dan, it looks like since he would have been Michigan by the way that it played out that night.
Speaker 2: Long.
Speaker 1: Wait, I know, I do think that's brutal that they all that they all imagine waiting a month before you play your playoff game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, miserable, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like everybody's momentum just weirdly off. Dude.
Speaker 7: So, North Dakota State they won their national championship or whatever Dylan Ratting's I probably said his last name wrong or rookie he went there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said.
Speaker 7: Between like the playoff, the last whatever playoff and the national championship is like a month. They have a winter camp. Dang, Like it's like camp but in the winter time. God, yeah, winter wild is that dude? I know, it's pretty self explanatory.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be a winter camp, like CA camp, but in the winter time, and then they play and then there's one week.
Speaker 3: Off and it's like back to ball.
Speaker 1: That would be wild, dude. That would be so brutal. Being a college kid too. You can't say nothing to the coast. I can't say, paid off one like ten natties in the last decade. All the natties, all the natties, dude, they really have Like yeah, if.
Speaker 7: They won ten of them, you know that'd be a full decade. My my math is correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your god, dude, like Camp in the Winter, we both had a little bit of a deal there.
Speaker 3: Huh that's wild. Hell yeah, that's wild Winter Camp.
Speaker 1: I transfer next year. I'm out of What are you all doing for the divisional game? Tail get at ACME. I'm coming from Cali and looking to meet you all. This is from Christopher. Uh look uh Nullian Newton, New guyanions. When what.
Speaker 3: We'll be at ACME? The boys will be at ACME.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we'll be at ACNE for the tail gate and everything else brought to you by Whistle Big of course. But obviously we'll be throwing the best of parties around the entire world act me feeding seed.
Speaker 3: I always say the world.
Speaker 1: I mean, it really is gonna be the best spot to go to. It's gonna be a hype little deal, hype deal bro. A couple of years ago when the boys, when you guys were making your run and stuff, that first night at Baltimore because the second that I was in Texas, but I saw that the line was outside the door for the Kansas City game. But yeah, bro, it's the best place to be is acme? So come party with the boys. That Baltimore win was one of the coolest wins ever. Yeah, that shit was most coolest shit. That shit was lit, dude. Yeah? Is that all the questions?
Speaker 3: Even the first one?
Speaker 1: Wow, even the first one.
Speaker 3: To burn it up with them too? Yeah, we did?
Speaker 1: Do we have any more? I mean we won an hour fifty Yeah, once we get across that two hours. Any boy, should we cut anything out? Yeah? Probably artificial turf. With the injury to Williams in the championship game last night, a lot of people have been bringing up the turf at Lucas Oil. Opinions experienced the thoughts of most players, the thoughts the most players there by hates turf. It's hard on the joints and everything else. But I personally haven't. I would like to be more educated on why why turf is bad for a cls and stuff like that, before I would just spew out some nonsense about why. Yeah, I'm not surprised you towards a cl they're playing on turf, man, Turf's terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I like the grip. It catches better.
Speaker 7: So if you put yourself in a compromising position, you're CLESI has taken on the ground more.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm saying? Like grass might slide.
Speaker 1: It's just a guess. Yeah, but well you had your aco, I mean you did yours on grass. But yeah, is that I mean, did you pick up anything on people explaining the difference?
Speaker 3: No, I never asked about turf. Sorry, you sound it smart?
Speaker 1: Right? That sounded good you said that. I wish you actually would have said, I'm just guessing. I wish you had just stuck too, because I was ready to say doctor lewan, we fucking you heard it from our You heard from our guy trainer. I'm a genius.
Speaker 3: But all right, cool sus seeing this is probably it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, dude, I'm exhausted. Came from That's fucking dope. Came from practice today. Shower pill love it? Yeah, haven't showered yet? Pop that in uniform off clothes on. I'm over here, cleanse you from the inside out. But who stitched alex.
Speaker 1: Hey before you? Before? They're gonna keep arguing. Subscribe rate five stars, lead review, There was Jack with the boys. We love you, We appreciate you, big cougs, tiny kisses, he and as always be a fucking wolf man. Love you guys,