Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy Armstrong and.
Speaker 3: Jettating and Arms range.
Speaker 1: Live from studio see signor a diddly lit room deep in them the bowels of.
Speaker 3: The Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. Wow.
Speaker 1: Word that Mike came up in the Diddy trial. I probably will what now vowels there's some ball or some awful lives. There's some awful words being thrown around in the Diddy trial. I wouldn't be surprised that that word doesn't come up at.
Speaker 2: Some golly gee, hope not.
Speaker 3: Hey, we were under the tutelage of our general manager. Arabs bearing gifts.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was a kid, I heard the saying you wear Greeks bearing gifts or somebody bearing gifts. It was kind of your old timey.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, if somebody comes at you say, I'd just like to give you a little gift, little token of my affection. There's a string attached. There's something going on. All the Arab governments are coming at Trump with gifts, and I'm wary.
Speaker 1: So how about the New York Times. I was just reading it as I was coming up in the elevator. They did a good job of laying out the whole Joe Biden had promised MBS in Saudi Arabia would be a pariah on the world stage after the bone sawing of Kushogi. Then gas got real high and we decided we need your help. So Biden went over there to meet him and beg for help. Fist bumped him. Now we're fully on back with Trump getting the red carpet tree Minton right and the handshakes and hugs all around and everything like that. So so much for the pariah state that didn't last long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was just an incredibly undisciplined thing to say, which is you know Biden's deal. Look, nobody's in favor of bone sawing journalists who are dissidents of Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not many people are in favor of it. But in geopolitics, a guy is not a basis for severing an important relationship, even if it's an unsavory friend of me weird relationship. Anyway, Biden was a Seena idiot back to you. So, so Trump's there and getting the full on I'm a king, You're a king. Treatment And I was just listening to the Fox Report on how Saudi Arabia has got a project twenty thirty that they're spending unimaginable amounts of money on it, especially for a country that size. They want to be the most technologically advanced place on Earth by twenty thirty, particularly around Ai and green that all the world. That will be the capital of the world if you're going to as a country or a business for you know, investments, or where all we're all where everybody who's anybody hangs out and that's where the deals are made. That's what they want to Yeah, well, and.
Speaker 3: They might pull that off. Well.
Speaker 1: Well, meanwhile, out in the you know, one hundred miles outside of town, you got a bunch of camel humper and fundamentalist Muslims who want to saw off NBS's head.
Speaker 2: But right sure, yeah, and are belly kept under wraps by the regime through bribery and threats. Yeah, boy, the whole we want to be the world's biggest on AI. Thing. That seems promising to me, But the isn't the bloom off the green grows.
Speaker 1: I think they're I think they've missed. I think they missed the reality of that one.
Speaker 2: Perhaps, Yeah, I mean the Euros are still making all sorts of noises and driving tight at right.
Speaker 3: That's what that is. That's to get the whole euro crowd.
Speaker 2: But friends, the populist right is on the rise fast in Europe. And one of the things they're just I think a little behind the US in that the populace is going to say, we're paying enormous amounts and having terrible damage done to our standard of living to realize these fanciful green energy goals.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't make a difference.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So, uh, can we change?
Speaker 3: Please? That's common trust me.
Speaker 1: I'm all for living in reality. Uh, you got to what other choice do you have? But man, I'm looking at the video of NBS and Trump walking through that palace, and I mean, it's just so, you know, you wouldn't believe that the world in twenty twenty five could still be that way, that people, because of their family that they were born into, live that life of luxury, because they own the country, because of you know, it's just you wouldn't think that could still exist on planet Earth.
Speaker 2: But it does because they were the fist camel herders back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred and fifty years ago.
Speaker 2: First to sign a big contract with the the Aramco, the big oil company FDR. I don't know, you know more about the history so out of Arabia in ninety.
Speaker 1: I think FDR in the original house Asad is when it started with this particular family. But it is something that continues to be a thing. And you know, we're as powerful as we are, we still got to deal with them. They got a lot of oil, they got a lot of money, and that's just the way that the world works.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: H Meanwhile, is Putin and earned Zolensky are they're gonna show up on Thursday to that meeting.
Speaker 3: I think that's an exciting story.
Speaker 1: Haven't heard anything lately of you, Well, Zelenski's still saying he's gonna show. There hasn't been a word out of Russia about it was his idea, Hey, Putin, it was your idea, dude. You're the one who said you wanted a meeting. He said okay, and then you haven't said a word. What's going on there? The old tricker room, you'ld switch a room, the old bait and switch.
Speaker 2: Oh it's one of those. Certainly. Yeah, I still am highly skeptical that it will happen. I think Putin may have written a check for more what do they have over rubles than his his mouth can cash or something something like that.
Speaker 3: And then so it's the old switcher roo. I don't know.
Speaker 1: And how much time should we be spending on the qataris give Trump a plane story that for much of the mainstream media is a very big gift.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's not a good idea, it's a bad idea, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Said yesterday, who turns down a gift? Who turns down a free plane?
Speaker 3: Who would do that? That's what Trump said yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know what, I've got a great example of that, A fabulous example of that. Would you like to hear it? Yes, you would. He's taking a drink of water. I'll answer for you. In certain highly dysfunctional families, sometimes gifts come from a controlling parent, and you know there'll be strings attached and hell to pay and guilt designed and the rest of it. You turn down a gift when you know this is going to ensnare me and do something unsavory and that's the quitar is evil folks.
Speaker 1: Well, is there a chance Trump thinks you think you're gonna ensnare me into something? I'm gonna take your plane? You ain't getting nothing from me? Sure, yeah, yep, that's possible.
Speaker 3: I was listening to the.
Speaker 1: Just from a technological standpoint, the how would you take that plane apart to make sure there's not you know, any sort of like listening device or tracking device or you know, stores data somehow you how would you do that? You'd have to take it completely apart, wouldn't you? Like every joy goodness goodness knows.
Speaker 2: I am not up on the state of the art of listening device, sweeping and surveillance equipment, you know, a detection. But could there be anything more complex and difficult search than a zillion dollar wildly tricked out seven forty seven I mean, great, Scott, It's got miles and miles, hundreds of miles probably of wiring, right for instance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every tiny little piece of metal could be something.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, and to be tricked out to be Air Force one. It has astounding capabilities of you know, evasion and self defense and communications and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't just take the plane from the Qataris and then say, oh cool, there's a USB plug in here right next to my chair.
Speaker 2: I'll plug my phone in and charge it. Mean he could work like that. Yeah, I would love to hear from somebody. I wonder if we could seek out a guest. What is the state of the art in A hiding and B detecting the sort of surveillance devices that we're talking about here. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know either.
Speaker 1: We should start the show officially before we get in trouble. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe getting on. This is Tuesday, May the thirteenth.
Speaker 2: We need a plane, the A and G force one cool, probably Ford, a little Cessna. Don't need as much gold then these work missing one wing. The Saudis like their goal.
Speaker 3: They gold.
Speaker 1: They got the same sort of decoration thing going as Trump does. It looks like a Trump property, that big Saudi building they're in right now. I'm looking at it. So what is it about certain mindsets that really like lots of gold and chandeliers.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is exactly. It's not my tastes.
Speaker 1: Particularly, they're twenty twenty five Armstrong in getting we approve of this program. You're more a chandelier fashioned out of a wagon wheel type con exactly.
Speaker 2: Handler's yeah, all right, let's beg in the show now. Officially, according to the FCC Rules of Regulations, here we go at mark.
Speaker 4: Their economic plans are really focused on how do we keep the Chinese Communist Party in power? How do we keep people employed, how do we keep people happy so that their regene can stay in place? That they're economic goals. They're just different than ours in the West, and we have to figure out a way how to fit us. We're peg into a round circle, if that's possible.
Speaker 2: So true came across a great piece by one of America's favorite business thinkers about how rotten China is to deal with. Our theme seems to be frenemies this morning today, because China is the weirdest sort of frenemy that I've ever observed on the world scene. Honestly, to be this entangled and this at odds weird.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to be dead soon, so I feel like I should say everything I've ever wanted to say, oh good about any topic. I mean, I think I'm gonna be dead soon. Of the whooping cough. I didn't mean oh good.
Speaker 2: I meant that seems like an appropriate thing to do, given your you know, hell love it.
Speaker 3: You said, oh good, Yeah I did.
Speaker 1: I meant to be supported, said I'm going to die, and you said, oh good. I mean, go back to the tape if you want to, perhaps you have something you'd like to say about that, for instance. I meant to be encouraging that. Oh you're going to say all the things you want to say. Oh good, that was my Oh good, there you go, Yes, express you to get.
Speaker 3: It off your ches. That's the way I took it. That's the way. Were good. Thank god. And we got Katie's just don't croak. We got Katie's.
Speaker 1: Headlines next on the way and our text line is four one five two nine five k FTC. I noticed the pencil store near my house and taking down there going out of business sign.
Speaker 3: So they're very excited about things. The turn. Everything is taken.
Speaker 2: America's doll and pencil imports and continued now been reinvigorated. Thank god. Hey, there's all sorts of stuff going on. Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green, Katie Well with USA today to begin.
Speaker 5: Inflation eased to a four year low in April as Trump's tariffs took effect.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, four year low on inflation like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't see any reason it shouldn't continue to stay low, honestly, go with the tariff roll back so far.
Speaker 5: From ABC, of course, you guys talked about Trump lens in Saudi Arabia for big Middle East trip.
Speaker 3: He's not going to Israel though.
Speaker 2: No, there are signs of a little several signs of a little discomfort between the US and Israel, some space between us. But the Israelis said the other day, Hey, we're not lockstep. Sometimes when you tango, you step on each other's toes.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 2: I didn't know the tango was so big in Israel, but that's what the guy said. I thought they did the more of the haven the thing.
Speaker 3: But whatever.
Speaker 5: From Fox News, Colorado Capital, female staffers fear retaliation after filing bathroom complaint against transgender AID.
Speaker 3: Oh really gotta do it in their bathroom.
Speaker 2: They don't like it. Boiling that down if you're not hip on the modern lingo from the Washington Post.
Speaker 5: From Elephants to inline skates, a history of foreign gifts given to presidents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in the first time. Who got an elephant? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, who gave who an elephant? When I need the details on that, I'll look into that story, Katie.
Speaker 3: That's up the.
Speaker 2: Elephant wearing the inlinees case. Now you've got something exactly a roller blading elephants.
Speaker 3: Somebody gave Harding a roller skating.
Speaker 5: Elephant from Axios.
Speaker 3: There is no there.
Speaker 2: It is skating on buy.
Speaker 5: From Axios exclusive. As new book says Biden Aids discussed wheelchair use if he were re elected.
Speaker 2: Wow, apparently that's in Tapper's book. Really Yeah, yeah, well that's not surprised given his decreasingly you know, ambulance or he show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: From the New York Post, rfkge Junior takes a dip in DC Creek, known.
Speaker 3: For high levels of fecal bacteria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that seemed like marka Pope again.
Speaker 3: It seemed like a hit piece on RFKA Junior when I read it yesterday.
Speaker 5: Right from the Wall Street Journal, United Airlines adds caviar service and Jammys in race for super premium travelers.
Speaker 3: There you go, they're gonna give you pgs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is for their Polaris studio suites that they have and can just wear something comfy.
Speaker 2: Where am I changing in this scenario? I guess do they have like little suites?
Speaker 3: Wow? Interesting.
Speaker 5: Caveon from study fines this ping pong playing robot can return balls with precision at thirty one miles per hour.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: That seems like a lot a ping pong robot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what have time to be alive? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be kind of fun though, if you know you had nobody to play with him. You want to keep your game in shape until.
Speaker 5: It keeps kicking your ass because it can hit the ball.
Speaker 2: At your thirty one miles per hour.
Speaker 3: You surely you would have settings.
Speaker 1: You put that us, You put that on top of a roller skating elephant, and your life is complete.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's no reason to get up in the morning. You've seen it all.
Speaker 2: There, he's doing another lap around the studios.
Speaker 5: From Newsweek, study warns that psychopaths are more attractive.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: Said something about someone who is a narcissist makes them look more trustworthy.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, that's troubling. I'd like to know more about that. Perhaps you could bring that to us later.
Speaker 5: That's odd and finally from the Babylon be Trump accepts generous gift of him curial class start Destroyer from Emperor Palpatine.
Speaker 1: I think they're trying to make a point there. Star Wars person, is that a Star Wars reference? That's the the the evil evil list of the evil. That's the head evil guy. You don't want to be ensnared in his web of deceit.
Speaker 5: And it was Reagan that got the roller skating elephant, I'm sorry, just the elephant.
Speaker 3: Elephant? And who gave it to him?
Speaker 5: Do we know this presented to him by a President Jawar Regene of Sri Lanka.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you say that. I kind of remember it. Yeah, it lived, it slept in the Lincoln bedroom there for.
Speaker 2: Several hours, questioning the accuracy of that report.
Speaker 1: Was it some sort of a gift of the people's because one of those they go straight to a zoo, one of those.
Speaker 2: Kind of yeah, yeah, like the pander Bears.
Speaker 1: So that girl that PDD Combs had by the hair and was dragging down the hallway, and the video everybody's seenes she is going to testify, it looks like and she's got some pretty disgusting things.
Speaker 3: She's going to testify too.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if I want to say him on the air, but if she does testify, that's going to be the trial. I don't know if there's any bouncing back from that, among other things we have to tell you about today.
Speaker 3: I hope you can stick around. If you miss the SEC we get.
Speaker 2: The podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: I think Trump is setting up a two front strategy. You've got the oil leverage in the Middle East, the economic leverage on China, so expect Trump to look down to his Middle East partners with the tech and the arms and those trade deals to freeze China out of the region.
Speaker 2: So Trump is on the road in the Middle East to cutting all sorts of deals and managing all sorts of interesting relationships.
Speaker 3: I would like.
Speaker 2: To take a few minutes to kick the Kataris at some point during the show today, as they have unholy influence in the US, particularly in our college campuses, and I would like to talk about that. But and a completely different topic. First of all, this preamble disclaimer, it's more disclaimer. We usually don't talk much about the big budget bills as they're taking shape. No budget conciliate reconciliation, grand compromise stuff. For a couple of reasons. Number one a strategic reason. When you go into any depth of these things, people's eyes glaze over. They quickly become bored, and our strategy is to have listeners, and so it doesn't seem like a great idea to drown you in that. The second is a more practical concern. They change so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've always talking about what actually gets past is interesting, but all of the hypotheticals leading up to it are mostly wasted air. Well, right exactly.
Speaker 2: If you're some budget wonk policy wonk inside the Beltway and this is what you do for a living, that's fine. It's like I will talk about April baseball games with you just because I really like baseball, but they don't really matter that much to who's going to win the World Series anyway. Having said that, there are some really interesting trends going on right now, and they're not super great. I'm going to hit you with a handful of headlines then get to a piece. Ron Johnson, one of the real fiscal conservatives in America, wrote headline number one, Alicia Finley, the great editorialist welfare as we know it is back, and it's bipartisan. It's the Clinton years in reverse. Democrats and some Republicans refuse to reform Medicaid. Combination of swing state folks and Republicans sensitive to how easy it is to demagogue people losing their health insurance, even if it's a healthy, working age male who's getting unholy subsidies from the federal government.
Speaker 1: More on that another time. There's another heavy meet the press on Sunday. They had the governor of New Mexico on in New Mexico, for whatever reason, has the highest percentage of people on Medicaid apparently, and so they had the governor on there and lots of sad stories about people that would lose this or that if the Republican plan went through.
Speaker 3: So that's the sort of demagoguing you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And if you pull that sort of stuff, it's so easy to get people convinced that, oh, oh, I heard the Republicans are cutting taxes on the rich and canceling poor people's insurance. I mean, it's just so easy to sell that to low information.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I've never reacted that way to those stories, even when I was poor. No, I don't neither.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but I've just always been get a job with healthcare like everybody else.
Speaker 2: Then there's this from the Wall Street Journal editorial Board, the case for fixing food Stamps. Its work requirement is evaded, and states don't share its costs, and it's wildly out of control. More than forty one million Americans are on food Stamps. Forty one million. The program long ago seems to be temporary help for those who fall on hard times. Enrollment doesn't shrink in strong economies, and the roles include millions of adults who can work. The program is contributing to one of America's most pressing social ailments, Prime age men attenuated from work. That's not a word, I use that much kept away from working or induced to not work. And it's a tendant to disciplines and contributions to society. You know, we have a huge challenge with working age men who don't work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I just has been growing our entire lives.
Speaker 1: I suppose people who are willing to gain the system will realize, well, there's money out there to grab in a variety of ways. If I'm willing to make this claim or that claim. So yesterday we did the big sixty minute story from Sunday night that there was a trillion dollars of theft of COVID relief money, a trillion dollars, and the number one text reply we got, uz, why didn't I figure out a way to get some of that at some point?
Speaker 3: That's what you think. I thought the same thing I thought, Geez.
Speaker 1: I should have claimed I was a business in Florida and just sending the paperwork and see if I could have grabbed one hundred thousand dollars or something. Right, Yeah, no kidding, I'm not a thief, but I mean if a trillion dollars a taxpayer money is going out the door, you know, it reminds me of the situation that you have in like former Soviet socialist republics Russia, obviously in Ukraine and will name them, or like in Afghanistan, places in the Middle East where Americans say, look, there's so much corruption, and the locals say, we don't.
Speaker 3: Call it corruption.
Speaker 2: We have a different word for it, like in the Middle East or Afghanistan is bakshish. It's the fee you pay to get things done, and they don't see it as corruption. At all.
Speaker 3: They just see that as a way of life.
Speaker 2: And if you were living in the Soviet Union, you know, you might have had derogatory words for the way you get ahead by bribing Communist party officials are getting to know, or your uncle is the guy, or whatever. But that's just the way you run your life. And I worry we're getting closer to that in this country where people think all my neighbors are scamming the system and they have a better life than me. I'm getting in on it, right, Yeah, that's that would be a bad tipping point. I don't know if we're already at it, but anyway, I could howl about the food stamps program and how it's feeding healthy, working age people, but I'll move along.
Speaker 1: If you're an a shame, That's what I've been talking about forever. You should be ashamed of yourself if you're grabbing food stamps and you're an able bodied man, ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 2: Shamed ring a bell baby, show it out.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: This editorial have medicaid courage Republicans. The politics of reform isn't nearly as dangerous as some of them think. And again they point out that the Feds currently pick up ninety percent of the bill for able bodied adults eligible under the Affordable Care Act, Obamacare's expansion, but the federal share is a tiny fraction of that for like a pregnant, poverty stricken lady. So Obamacare distorted what medicaid is wildly. And then the states play these games, and I wish, you know, there's part of me that would like to describe them to you, because you get an idea of how crooked our system is. But like the states, they put all these people on Medicaid, and then they charge these taxes to hospitals and healthcare providers that then beefs up how much money the state is spending. But then they get that back from the Fed, and then they give it back to the hospitals who know what's going on and wink and nod because it's all induced to get more federal money going. It's it's just a you want to talk about corruption, good lord, And the Wall Street journal is trying to convince the Republicans, guys, you gotta do something about this, but the Republicans are afraid anyway. That brings us to the main point, which is a piece by Ron Johnson, the ugly truth.
Speaker 3: About the big beautiful bill.
Speaker 2: Year after year, I'm sorry, years after COVID, the overspending continues even with the Republican Congress. The one big beautiful bill the Congress is working on is certainly big, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Too often, the reality these budget debates gets obscured in details, politically charged issues in demagogurey. Let me attempt to clarify the current discussion by focusing on the most important facts in numbers. In fiscal twenty nineteen, federal outlays total four point four to five trillion, or almost twenty one percent of gross domestic product. This year, according to the CBO's report, total outlays will.
Speaker 3: Be seven point oh three trillion.
Speaker 2: Why that's more than two and a half trillion dollars more than twenty nineteen, a growth of almost fifty percent, and gone from almost twenty one percent of gross domestic product to over twenty three percent of it. That's a fifty eight percent increase over six years.
Speaker 3: Well, the country doubled in size, so good lord.
Speaker 2: The CBO projects federal outlays will total There are so many numbers here, here's where we get into the glazing eyes.
Speaker 3: But this is important.
Speaker 2: The CBO projects federal outlays will total eighty nine trillion dollars across fiscal twenty six to thirty five. Much of the blame goes to pandemic spending, but lockdowns are long over. There's nothing now to justify this abnormal level of government spending. Pathetically, Congress is having a hard time agreeing on a reduction of even one and a half trillion dollars from that ten year amount. That's a one point six to eight percent cut, a little more than a rounding error. My guess is that much of that minuscule decrease will be backloaded to the end of the ten years for which Congress is now budgeting, increasing the probability that those savings will never be realized. There are a handful of Ron Johnson's and Chip Roy's and guys like that who are being pushed to the edges of the Republican Party. And I think they ought to be our heroes. I think they ought to be the guiding lights the north stars, and I just am starting to lose hope.
Speaker 1: Well, how would you not, I mean, from twenty nineteen to this year, We've gone from four point four or five trillion to seven point h three trillion with roughly the same population of people. So I mean, explain why that's necessary.
Speaker 2: Well, right, And once the program has started, it just doesn't go away because they're cutting look ato one armed dimish farmers, the a that they depend on to feed their children. I mean, it's just it's so nakedly obvious a scam that DC wants more power, which means more money. They will come up with any rationale for it. They will call a giant green energy new Deal, the Inflation Reduction Act, and guff faw as it echoes down the halls of Congress, just the laughter. And then because it appeared once upon a time, those those spending levels must continue. Otherwise you're you're yanking chicken soap out of the mouth of blind little girls in America votes for it. So I know, I give up a monarchy now.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: You know what Trump is over there in the Middle East is learning how monarchies work, because that's.
Speaker 3: Our only hope.
Speaker 1: And neither party even pretends anymore to care really, and and the public demands that one dollar ninety cents worth of government for the price of a dollar and is willing to borrow against it. Yeah, it's it's a it's frustrating, it's.
Speaker 2: Very very Has anybody still got their tea party hats and T shirts and placards and stuff? Can we fire that up again? And then the media will say it's about race again. That'll be tougher to call. Well, it's Hakeem Jeffries is the minority leader of the House and these crazy white people.
Speaker 3: Are against him, so clearly it's racism.
Speaker 1: If you're an NBA fan, everything changed last night. Jason Tatum, one of the best players in the league from the defending champs, went down. He may never play again, certainly probably not going to play next year, let alone this year. So everything's up in the air in the NBA right now.
Speaker 2: That's the Dallas Mavericks, who made what may be the worst trade in the history of sports, got bailed out by an incredibly unlikely pulling of the ping pong ball, and they get the number one pick in the draft and get that gifted bmth from.
Speaker 3: Duke Yeah yeah, what's his face? Yeah?
Speaker 1: God, I can't imagine what it's like to be twenty seven years old in the peak of your career. I meany you're young, godly rich, but then to have an injury that might all be over, that'd be hard to wrap around your head.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: It's a wide open season, now, wide open playoffs. Now we got mail bag on the way. Hope you can stay here. One of the Shark Tank guys takes his puts both fists. I'm sorry, I'm trying to read and talk at the same time.
Speaker 2: One of the Shark Tank guys beats the hell out of China for the trade policies and says they're the tariffs against them ought to be four hundred percent plus. Cutter is trying to win the hearts and minds of your children by turning them into Islamists. So more on that to come next hour. I hope you can stay around. First, your freedom loving quote of the day. I absolutely love this from legendary sci fi author Robert Heinlein, who I read avidly as a youth. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. If I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I'm free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. Like that, just have to be willing to take the repercussions. As we've discussed many times, the brave little would be Chay Guavera's at our nation's universities who like to chant and commit nets of civil disobedience and vandalize and block Jewish students from going to class. Then when you arrest them, they squeal like hurt little children, say you're hurting my wrists. Mommy, mommy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: Mailbag perups note mail bag at Armstrong and getty dot com.
Speaker 3: I want to get this one in from Poolo.
Speaker 2: Guys, you're talking about is there some sort of unified explanation for all that troubles us these days? We're talking about, you know, whether it's anxiety and depression and weird sexual stuff and incumbents being thrown out of office and the established political parties losing power and just there seems to be a global angst and dissatisfaction anyway, Powell says.
Speaker 3: Polo says, I.
Speaker 2: Honestly don't know what it is, but I always enjoy theorizing i e.
Speaker 3: Making stuff up.
Speaker 2: So I think we're changing our environment much faster, and we're able to change ourselves right now. I don't think any species has ever done that. If humans expect to live satisfying lives into the future, we'll need to radically modify what it is that gives meaning and satisfaction to our lives. For example, much, if not all, of the work we do now will eventually become unnecessary. That should be a good thing, not a bad thing. The reason we get satisfaction from doing work is that it's been necessary for us to thrive. Feeling rewarded for doing that work is an important survival mechanism. In the future, of very different things will be important to us. It's up to us to learn to derive the same or even greater satisfaction from these new things. If we can't do that, maybe the human race just doesn't cut out for the long haul, and then we have, of course, Katie, the planet of the beavers. Here's the problem, though, You can't will yourself to have different fundamental primal urges. I mean, we're the beast that we are because of millions of years of experience and evolution. I don't think you can just will yourself as an average working guy or girl all of a sudden not need a life of purpose and just write like groovy poetry and lay around and feel good about that and amuse yourself.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's making an excuse for giving up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's well, yeah, but if there's no point in working, there's no need to or what have you. I don't. Yeah, Paolo, I wish you were right. I wish you could will yourself to do that. Let's see, you got this from Brad. Your coverage of the teriff issues have been mostly terrible. You continue to not discuss the impact of these tariffs on small business. The explains how no small business can handle that kind of price shock on stuff they've already ordered. In addition, lead times are weeks and months.
Speaker 1: These changes can't be fixed because Trump played golf is chesion ping. These changes are devastating two thousands of business, says. You always say you stand up for the little man, but only the large corporations had any reasonable way to mitigate these drives to consudden changes. Shame, shame, shame. He hits us with a triple shame. I wrote back to him, We've.
Speaker 2: Talked about that specific aspect of this many times. But thanks for your hysterical shaming. Nonetheless, best wishous. Yeah, we've talked about that a bunch.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, you've covered the hell out of that.
Speaker 2: We've covered how tariffs become a cesspool of swampy lobbying, yea, And how favorites get picked and winners and losers are chosen by government and how that's that's awful in a what ought to be a free ish market.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But you know what, Brad, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe A, if you're gonna come at us with that sort of you know, tears running down your cheeks shaming, A, you got to listen to every minute of the show, and B you've got to.
Speaker 3: Like take detailed notes.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what we talked about last hour, you know. It's so yeah, Wow, ease up, brother, that was a beating. Yeah, he triple shamed us. Let's see. Kelly writes the plane is a trojan horse. Obviously it's something like that. Beware a Katari's bearing gifts more to come. Stay with us if you can't subscribe to the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand armstrong and Getty