Speaker 1: We'll go to transmitting.
Speaker 2: Liza, Welcome to Thursday Show Mona Studio. We got a good one today, so I want to play this clip. This is a mom nicolled a few days ago and she was like, my son's had a bad day.
Speaker 3: The bus it forgot on his first day of school.
Speaker 4: I was wondering if you all could help me turn my son's day around. Today was his first day of middle school and he was really really nervous, and unfortunately those boss forgot about him, which resulted in him being about an hour late to school since we live pretty far from the school.
Speaker 2: So we did a whole thing on the air, and then I said what does he like? And she said, he likes the kan City chief Saint Louis Cardinals. He loves baseball. So I'm going to show you guys the package that I've put together for him. So we're sending it off today. So first of all, I'm giving him one of my cards. It's a Patrick Mahomes twenty twenty three prison It's worth about thirty bucks. It's in case right, it's great a card. He likes the Chiefs, We're gonna send him this. He likes baseball, So all of us signed a baseball I wrote, Jonathan, you're cool, I'm not, and then I signed it and then we all signed around the baseball.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna sendhim a show signed baseball. I have a new set of baseball cards that have me on it, which is pretty cool. Oh yeah, so I'm gonna sign that and send it over to him. And then I have this, which are these custom batting gloves from when I was MVP of the Celebrity Softball Game.
Speaker 3: Dang, so I wrote.
Speaker 2: MVP and then uh seven thirteen twenty four and it's it's the batting gloves from that's cool.
Speaker 5: They say the All Star Game on it, you know, it's literally from the All Star Game.
Speaker 3: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: So these are in a box and it's what they gave all the players. So we'll send all these to him. That's gonna be in the box that we're sending him, just so you guys know, because my wife will do that at Christmas.
Speaker 3: With me, like, hey, we got them this just so you know, that's part of a marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're not surprised, and then thank you for yeah yeah, so so you guys know we got them this so we're gonna mail it all put in a package today, and I doubt he's listening this early.
Speaker 5: If he is, surprise, run, I threw a card in there from ya. But you know what, man, that's really nothing compared to what you're throwing. So don't worry about what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still Patrick Mahomes, that'll do you kind of shadowed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, so that's what's happening. Let's go around the room and check in with everybody. Amy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Well, so I had to fill out some paperwork yesterday and it's something that I've been thinking about probably for the last year now that I've been divorced. Anytime I have to fill out something where it asks me my status, it'll say single, married, divorced, widowed.
Speaker 3: And interesting, you're single and divorced?
Speaker 2: Are you divorced? You're not single? It's single only if you've never been married, right, yes it is.
Speaker 6: But also at some of these places that I'm filling this out and like, what what is it your business?
Speaker 7: I am get angry and girl, well, I guess I.
Speaker 6: Just don't know why that's necessary information. And then every time it's this reminder of like divorced, you know, and I can't imagine if I was widowed. Widowed yeah that you bring it up like it stirs up emotion. So I don't know if they're just as part of collecting data. I mean, I think at certain appointments it helps know, okay, if you're married, or do you have insurance or how many dependents, like all that sort of stuff. But some stuff I'm filling out, I'm like, this is not necessary. I could just put single and be done with it. But then I'm like, well, I guess I've better divorced.
Speaker 3: Yet they have a nunia.
Speaker 7: Box y, I'm gonna add that you're.
Speaker 2: In you nya in the drawbox and check it yourself. None, that's funny, Eddie.
Speaker 3: What's going on with you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 5: So, my dad passed away, you know, a few weeks ago, and I've just kind of been dealing with it kind of just normally.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: I think you know, my family and I we talk about it, but just for the most part, I've kind of just carried on with normal life every day. And man, just the other day, I reached for my phone, I thought about my dad and I almost called him, which was bizarre, and I stopped myself in the middle of being like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Do you normally call them at the time that you were about to call him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be the time when I'm like on the way home, driving home from work, and I'm just like, oh, you know what, I saw one of those Volkswagen electric buses or whatever, and we had talked about that. I was like, oh, man, I'm gonna tell that I saw that, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, he's not with us anymore.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, And it happens. And then you'll also have like because my.
Speaker 2: Mom, Amy's dad and mom, they've all passed away, So you'll have random times where it also just comes at you out of nowhere that does nothing about any sort of pattern you're already in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where it's like.
Speaker 2: A random song or memory, and eventually it gets to be good. Every once in a while it's still kind of sad, but mostly most of those sad ones turn into good ones.
Speaker 3: At least mine have like the memories.
Speaker 2: Just because you're like, you've mourned, and it's kind of a reminder in a good way, more than a reminder of they're not here anymore.
Speaker 3: Sure, but it'll shift.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I feel like grief is always there. But it's sort of like the analogy they have the grief backpack, and sometimes the backpack's a little bit heavier, and sometimes the backpack's light, but it's always.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of that. Amy's got a lot of sayings, you know.
Speaker 5: And you know I thought of Amy too, because, like, you know, I feel bad I've made fun of her so much about seeing cardinals and her thinking that that's her mom. Like now, sit in the backyard. I'm like, come on, blue Jay, let's bring it on.
Speaker 3: You're free to sell many fun of her.
Speaker 7: No, you'll know, you'll know, you don't know what kind of is going to be, but you'll know.
Speaker 3: Does you have to be a bird?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Why can he be like a raccoon or something? Maybe I did see a raccoon the other day.
Speaker 2: We'll lunchbox anything from you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I got a question.
Speaker 9: I need to know at what age is it okay to start doing a sleepover because my four year old got an invitation to a birthday party and it said we are excited excited to celebrate Jack's.
Speaker 3: Birthday with a sleepover.
Speaker 9: The invitation said we will play games, eat pizza, and celebrate Jack. Drop your kid off at five pm and then we will see you at ten am on Sunday for pick up.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, excuse me, do they invite other parents to stay too if they want? Always said drop your kids drop off? Is that a lot of four year olds is a little young for a lot.
Speaker 7: Of four year old Bok shows up with the sleeping bag. Hey, guys in.
Speaker 3: Full pajamas with a pajina hat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, four, we're too young in my opinion.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: I thought it was way too young and a I mean, how do you know these parents?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, then no, for sure?
Speaker 9: No, I mean no, even if you know the parent. I mean, it just seems weird to want four year olds to have a sleepover.
Speaker 3: What's the age where you let it happen?
Speaker 7: Golly? For sure?
Speaker 6: I mean I can let my daughter at like yeah, ten, I mean, but I got my kids late. She was ten eleven, so I guess she got a friend. I like eleven twelve, so my kids were a little bit later. But it's so hard. I'm like, let's do it in my house. I like having that control.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think our first time was eight or nine. Yeah, and it was weird.
Speaker 3: Too, didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't like having all those kids at the house. I didn't like it at all.
Speaker 2: Seemed so young. Glad you guys are here. Thank you nice checking everybody. Good here for everybody. Gud you all me it to work today.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You're welcome.
Speaker 8: Welcome A question to be.
Speaker 3: He loot Bobby Bones.
Speaker 2: I recently said something to my boyfriend of more than a year about him liking a bunch of racy pics of a girl we went to school with. He said it wasn't a big deal, He's just being nice. But then he made his Instagram account private, so I can't see his posts anymore.
Speaker 3: I haven't said anything.
Speaker 2: To him about it, but I feel like he's acting suspicious and trying to hide stuff.
Speaker 3: Is this a red flag? Should I let it go? Or ask him? What's up?
Speaker 2: Signed Instagram girlfriend? Well, this is a weird one because it's like an idiot move followed up by a more idiotic move. Usually, when you do an idiot move, you go oops, got caught. Don't do that anymore. You don't double down on doing stupid stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I would say red flag, but maybe he.
Speaker 5: Really believes that he didn't do anything better.
Speaker 2: But it's so stupid that it's like, I'm almost like, this is so stupid of a second decision he made that maybe he's not up to anything, shade, he's just an idiot.
Speaker 7: Well, look go back and read his response when she brought it up. What did you say?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: He blocked, he no, no.
Speaker 7: No, I know what he did. But he said something to her like didn't he say like you?
Speaker 3: He said it wasn't a big deal and he would just.
Speaker 6: Be a nice Okay, So when you tell someone if they're having feelings about something that is not a big deal, like that's he's discounting how she's feeling about it.
Speaker 2: Correct, But that's not the question. The question is is he up to no good? Yeah? I think it depends your age. First of all, if you're between seventeen and twenty four, he can just be an idiot. And sometimes you got to grow out of the idiot stage if you're a dude. Also, if you're in a relationship, just as it heads up to guys, don't be liking pictures of anybody in your life that's opposite sect in a bikini.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't need to worry about being nice to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's not in a bikini just because of what it might bring you just not worth it, So I would say, what's wrong? Boosting's almost confident. This is just a double it's such a double stupid though. I think the person's just stupid and not shady, because to be shady you got to somewhat have a strategy, and strategy when you get copy and stupid, it's not to be more stupid. He also hats to be blocking you to be like prove a point. But definitely Redflex said he's stupid. Why do you want to be somebody so stupid?
Speaker 3: That is so funny. He said he was just doing it to be nice.
Speaker 2: But also I can see like an idiot dude being like I just liked her. I just i'd see her if I saw our work or something. That's gonna be nice, idiot, But I'm not sticking up for him. That's you need to figure out if he's an idiot or if he's shady, because I could be convinced either way, but it is not good either way, and you need to figure out which of the two quickly.
Speaker 7: Y'all don't like photos like that of other people right now?
Speaker 5: Oh are you kidding me. We like to be married. No, we just look at him, don't we us?
Speaker 3: Don't we?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: But I don't like him? No, that make me vomit. Disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something's up. Just figure out if he's an idiot or if he's shady. Either way, probably not your dude. If he's going step one, step two like that?
Speaker 3: All right, close it up.
Speaker 1: On the Bobby Bone Show, Trew, is this the week we're doing it?
Speaker 3: Away?
Speaker 11: This is it? Brother?
Speaker 2: So if Drew hits number one, which I think you're a three this week.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So we're three this week on media Base and five on Billboard.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's just keep it on media Base. It's all we care about right here.
Speaker 2: I like three this week at two I think was everybody get tipped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and then at number one.
Speaker 2: It was uh ah, try Jack, try do So we've set up for this number one.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: The thing about Drew, if you've been listening to the stuff that we've been doing over on the Bobby Cast, if he reaches number one on media Base, he'll be the first ever self funded artist to reach the top spot with.
Speaker 3: Their their song.
Speaker 2: That's amazing self funded artist?
Speaker 3: What is self funded?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 11: And Drew Well, I just had to create my own record label to do this, so I had to hire my own staff, and uh, you know which is which is a lot. I mean that's why artists, you know, back in the day really couldn't do. We're very lucky that streaming exists to kind of fund the staff to help send a radio because it's like, you can't just have a label and say hey, I'm sending song to radio and everybody just starts playing it. You know, you got to have people that rep you, that go out and say, hey, can you please play this? Please play this? And we're just very lucky that radio has been so kind. You know, I've been in Nashville for thirteen years now chasing.
Speaker 2: This overnight success is what I hear. I don't know about you guys. Never been a better example of overnight success. Talk about the song for a second. So she's somebody's daughter. How long ago did you write the song?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 11: I wrote this song six years ago after meeting my wife's dad for the first time. She was just my girlfriend, and it was kind of just like one of those things of don't mess this up, like treat or write you know, I wanted to message to myself to remember that. So I wrote this song back in twenty eighteen and I was on a record label and we put it out in twenty nineteen and it just really, it really didn't do anything. There was a girl at that time had a song on to Neil Towns had a song called Somebody's Daughter, which was a great song, and I was like, you gotta be kidding me. And it was such a god blessing because we didn't put it out to radio and the label I was on closed in three months and because of you, not because I don't know, but it was just that they just wanted to shut their doors. And I thought, man, I'd get a new record deal. And twenty twenty came and COVID hit and nobody would you know, take meetings, and I almost quit. I lost my record deal, I lost my manager, I lost my booking agent. And the thing that I did was I said, Okay, that's kind of one last straw. I'm just going to post on my TikTok and just say hey, I'll play in anybody's backyard that wants to have me. And I thought we'd get like five requests. We end up getting I think close to twenty thousand requests. And I went around the country for two or three years and just played in three hundred people's backyards.
Speaker 3: Just the least amount of money you ever got for doing a backyard.
Speaker 11: Oh man, I think five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Okay, still respectable, kah. So no one got you for like two bucks and some milnt in their pocket, like oh man, yeah, oh crap, I forgot to bring my wallet. And what was the most anybody ever gave you?
Speaker 11: Man, I think, uh, you know, it's hard. I'm trying to remember. I think like five five thousand dollars to go play, and and that was I mean at that time, you know, everybody thought I was doing them such a favor, like, man, you being here as awesome. I can't believe in your yard. And I'd be like, man, no, like what you're doing for me is life changing. Like I have a son, you know, I have a wife, and I'm trying to live a lifestyle and stay in Nashville. It's expensive here, and just like they helped me so much. And now it's crazy to think that all those people we played in their backyards and I'm seeing posts every day. It's like this dude's almost got another one record. He was in our yard. You know, it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: And sometimes as a porchpirate, not even playing the show, it was just trying to steal stuff to get by. Yeah, so we feel like this could be the week man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean right now, there's this thing called real Time that shows the chart in real time, and we're a number one. Guys, we're a number one in real time, and it's such a blessing and I just can't believe it. I mean, you know, everybody looks at media base. I'm also like a Billboard watch or two and we're three on Billboard, and I'm like, oh man, we're so close, Like it'd be cool to hit the number one on both. But I was talking to someboddies yesterday and they're just like, dude, just you're number one, Take your number one song, Take the number one. And it's just such a blessing to know too. Like we did it by ourselves, Like there wasn't no fancy strings being pulled, there wasn't big money pockets behind it. It was just like making take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dark political money.
Speaker 2: He didn't take it.
Speaker 11: No, he didn't make it. Man, it's just cool. And also I can just say it's the fans. You know, they drove this song. I think you know they've had like a billion views on TikTok and like have driven driven this song to number one. It's really them, and they've become a part of my life and part of my family. And it's really special to watch a song that so much to me, that I wrote about my wife and her dad, and now watching it mean so much to other people, and hearing people sing at shows, like I've been here for thirteen years, I've never had anybody sing along at a show, and so like my bass player, the first time that happened. He's been playing bass for me for eleven years, like right when I started. And I remember the first time it happened. It was last year and people started singing. I was like, dude, do you remember people singing at our show?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: Never, nobody's ever sang. I've been waiting on this for ta I was like, oh my goodness, we finally got a song that people know.
Speaker 2: Whenever you write a song, let's say four, your now wife and you play it for her, you're like, this was inspired When you write a song inspired by her dad?
Speaker 3: Are you ever You're like.
Speaker 2: Chuck, come in, I want you to listen to this song I wrote. How did that get back to him? Cause that's kind of you know, it's it's not awkward, but it's kind of I wrote the song about.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I just I didn't show him, you know. I showed her and it was like, hey, if you want to show your dad, you can, and I have this really special video of the first time, like, you know, we're getting married, and she said, Dad, I got the song we're gonna dance to. And I made, you know, the twenty nineteen versions, like this real up tempo thing. And we got married in twenty twenty one, so it was a couple of years later. I made a special wedding version just so she could dance to it with her dad and just me and a piano and a cello. And so she pulls it up in the kitchen and just starts dancing with her dad in the kitchen to it, and they're crying, and I like sneak my phone in on the side of it and watched, you know, get to watch them have this special moment of her and her dad. And that was really cool for me as a as a songwriter to be like, man, I've been writing songs since I was sixteen in my bedroom, and like, never thought I'd write the song that my wife and father in law would dance to, and not only that, but so many around the country at that time. It was just literally I did it for them, and we posted the video on our honeymoon. I'm just like, hey, if you like this wedding version, I'll put it out. And it was a Wednesday and we woke up the next morning with almost ten million views on the TikTok and I was just like, me and my wife were dancers, Like every record company is gonna be calling us now, baby, you know, and nobody did.
Speaker 1: We laughed now, but not so funny.
Speaker 11: So funny now now we're laughing because it's like, yeah, we freaking did it by ourselves. But back then it was like, oh man, everybody's calling and yeah nobody did. And just watched it happen. So many other dads use this song and it's so funny now. In meet and greets, I have these cowboys that come up and cowboy hats and real manly man and they're like crying. They're like, don't tell anybody. I'm crying. But that song right there really means a lot to me.
Speaker 2: Are you those dads matcha man? Ready savage?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: Everyone sounded like, yeah, have you played any any weddings this song?
Speaker 11: Any weddings I have? Yeah, there's some really awesome TikTok videos too, where I just kind of surprise some people. Like I get messages all the time, and I always reach back if I see them, like where's it at? You know, if I'm in the area and I'm touring, like and if I have time, I'll stop by, you know, and if it works out, it does, and if not, you know, I wish we could do surprise more people. But but yeah, we've done a couple of them. They've been really special. I had one in Salt Lake City that really stands out. They reached out and they're like, we're using you know, she's somebody's dollar. I also have this song called can She Have This Dance? That I wrote for my mama to dance to at our wedding, and we put that out too, and like my husband's dance into that song, We're also going to use your son. I was like, well, man, this they're using all my songs, tribute show, You're still a lot tribute I'm still here. So we would show up and we got to play those and that was really cool. But those, those are some special moments because you just get to be a part of people's lives. And I just think that's what's so cool about country music is you know, music's made to make memories too, and man, when you can be a part of somebody's long, long term memory of getting married, you know, that's that's really special to me.
Speaker 2: I know, for a long time, you were booking all of your own shows too, like you were a DIY. And what's cool is you've learned how to do it. But now have there been people come along that are now joining the team.
Speaker 11: Yeah. So from twenty twenty to twenty four, I managed myself. I booked myself. That was my own record label. I don't know what I was doing.
Speaker 7: Would you talk like yourself though, or would you be like right question? Let me go check his calendar.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So what I'd do is I just had a Drew Baldridge Management email on my Instagram and I still do you know, it just says Drew Baldridge Management and Gmail and show inquiries would come through that and I'd just be like, thank you so much for being interested in Drew Baldridge. This is what we require, and so yeah, I'd just run that email, and you know when they would ask to get on the phone, that's when it would get hairy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 11: Then I'd have to kill my tour managers, like, hey, man, do you care to call these people? This is what we need and this is what we're doing. But yeah, so I ran it by myself for four years. We got We did it all the way up to top ten alone with no manager, no agent, no record label, and then the last month I got a manager now, which is super awesome. I don't feel alone, and I have an awesome booking agent UTA where I'm not having to you know, run all those phone calls. I got a I got a son, I got a wife. When I'm gone all the time, then i come home and I'm on the phone till nine o'clock at night. My wife wants to kill me halftime probably you know I would if it was reversed. And so getting a team to start helping this is awesome, but it's also like I've been doing this alone. So I'm like it's really hard to give it up, you know. I'm like, no, you don't know. You might not know what you're doing, but I know what I'm doing, you know, And it's like, no, I'm finally starting to feel like, oh, I can just relax, Like, oh my goodness, we're about to have a number one. I actually have a team that knows what they're doing. They know more than I do. I'm just you know, it's been it's been a journey for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm saying a bunch of shows pop up, like more shows.
Speaker 11: Yeah. Man, we just announced a tour just last week where we're gonna go out and kind of celebrate this She's Somebody's Daughter, journey to Number one, and and you know they're all on my website at Drew Balter's music dot com little plug right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Starting by the way, it's a bunch of the cities that wanted to September sixth, Greville, North Carolina, but all the way up until December sixth, Bakersfield, Vegas, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Des Moines, just some of the places that our show has heard. So you guys go to Drew's instagrammer's website and you can see all the shows there.
Speaker 11: Man, thank you for that. Yeah, we're excited, and you know, we hope that we have more people come out. Never you know, I was I've been touring for you know, twelve years, eleven years, and you know, just now having a people sing along. So it's really nerve wracking, like headlining your own tour. I'm sure if you talk to artists that come in here, you're like, man, I just hope I sell one hundred tickets. Like you want everybody to win. You want the person that's the club that's having you there. You want them to make money. You want to not be broke, and you want the fans to enjoy it, not come out because I played so many shows where there's like three people you know, and you're just like, hi, guys, this is for you. You know. I guess you.
Speaker 3: Learn every one of their names.
Speaker 11: Yeah you do. And but you know what's cool now is people come out and they have their backyard shirts on. And that's what's been really special is you know that says Baldridge and Bondfire's what we called the tour and they have their Baldridge and Bonfire shirt on thems like you're here when nobody was. You know, it's just a different kind of bond with these people.
Speaker 3: Can I suggest a song called He's Somebody's Son.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of people ask I mean it just all to be fair, go, yeah, he's some mootist son.
Speaker 11: Didn't have the sing, doesn't doesn't have a sing.
Speaker 3: You even heard all the lyrics, Yet haters you write that bring it back.
Speaker 2: I really get in touch with my personal side, and you guys are like it doesn't hit the same. Yeah, Drew, I'm happy for you, man.
Speaker 11: Well, thank you, and you you've been such a big part of this too, Like allow me to come on here when you know I don't really have.
Speaker 2: Your a total loser. When I found you, I was.
Speaker 11: Like, what do you need, sir? But no, this means a lot. Since I moved to Nashville, IVE always dreamed of being on the Bobby Bone Show. This has been a special moment for me to come in here. And you guys don't have to allow me to come in here and tell my story. And Bob you've told my story so many times as so many of your listeners. I'm just very thankful and humbled, and you know I've had deals and I've lost them, and I don't take anything for granted anymore. So like, this is special being in here with you guys.
Speaker 2: Today we're gonna play She's Somebody's Daughter. Do you want to play like twelve times on repeat?
Speaker 11: Please? Please? At least you know, once every hour. There we go every morning.
Speaker 2: Drew Baldridge, She's Somebody's daughter. Drew, Congratulations on whatever run this is. I hope you get your number one. That's amazing. Whatever you do next, but don't fall into that trap off going. Okay, now I got to do it again. There'll be a time for that this week.
Speaker 11: Let's thank you because it's so it's easy to stress out because everybody's like, man, what's next, Hey, you're ringing the bell once, how do you do it again? I'm like, I don't freaking know. I'll be honest, I don't know how we're gonna do it again, but we're gonna try and and so you can get caught in that trap, but I'm really just trying to enjoy it. Next week, I took vacation, me and my wife. We're gonna go to the beach for four days and just try to, you know, if we're number one great. If not, we're just gonna celebrate the journey of this of like, hey, we did this together.
Speaker 2: After you get back stress out exactly, take a few days you just enjoy it.
Speaker 7: Are you able to really disconnect?
Speaker 6: Like do you think when you go on vacation next week, like you'll be able to truly unplug.
Speaker 11: I don't know, I'll be honest, I don't know. My wife has already said you got you got to, but she was like, you're gonna be on the phone so much with people saying congrats, congrats, and so I was like, at least that's better than like them saying what's next, what's next? You know, they're like what are you doing now? And so I think there's gonna have to come where I just shut my phone off to really disconnect and just enjoy it, because already it's getting to the point where I'm getting a lot of text of congrats and I feel bad I'm not being able to respond.
Speaker 3: To Johnny Come lately is what I call them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm not trying to do that, but but like I said, next week, I'm really gonna try. I'm really gonna try because my wife deserves that too, and so does my son and so, and I feel like we do too, how busy we've been. So I'm going to try to shut it off. But we'll see. I mean, it's also fun to get congrats from buddies and and I've never had really anybody congratulate me about stuff.
Speaker 3: It's just sad.
Speaker 2: He's like, no one's ever really liked me.
Speaker 3: That sounds like I would say.
Speaker 11: Wow, I just mean about you know, did sound terrible?
Speaker 2: Then I'm going to do you a special favor and I'm not going to text your congrats.
Speaker 11: Oh well thanks you tell him now.
Speaker 2: Though, No, just a little gift from me to him. I'm just gonna ignore him for a while. As everybody else is like, you're the man, I'll be like, you know what, I'll take three steps back.
Speaker 11: Tell me the next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then I'll be like, what's next.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 2: That's cool, man, Congratulations. I'm sure I'll talk to you soon. But yeah, you are an example of what I think a lot of artists are going to look at and go, dang, I'm thinking about giving it up. But they get to see your story because you also had those thoughts, as you said, and you did, and you found a way in the ways that other people are going to find are not going to be the same. But it does show people if you don't quit, you work hard and you strategize, and then you modify your strategy constantly, like there is a way.
Speaker 11: There is a way. And I think that's what's been one of the most cool things out of this whole thing is so many artists have reached out and be like, dude, this is awesome, Like can we go get breakfast? I'm like, one hundred percent, let's go do that. Cause there's so many great artists in Nashville that come here, they get a record deal, and then their first song doesn't work, or their second one, then they don't get to go to radio again, or they're just dropped or they're lost, or they become songwriters and they still have that artist drive. And it's been awesome to give some people some hope of saying, like, no, man, you have the right song that you believe in that you'll put you know, or give it a real shot, a real chance, put your whole heart into it. It can work. And that's what's I think so cool and so cool for our community and our whole town and even radio it's awesome, like, hey, you have a song, it's working and and people love it, radio will play it, and you just got to believe in it and and you know, take a whole year of your life and you know, we send it to radio August twenty first of last year. So it's been almost a full year. But but it's been fun to have a lot of other other artists reach out and be able to give some some love to them.
Speaker 2: At Drew Baldridge Music, you can finally link there for Last toward eight's you can just I don't get I don't guess you get paid for Instagram though, do you?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 2: You can't just like watch a video over and over and over again I put money in your pocket.
Speaker 11: No, but you can. You can stream the music, yeah, exactly, stream the music and but come out to.
Speaker 3: Show the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to a show and buy merch. Here the merch is what helps the mercher.
Speaker 11: Yea.
Speaker 2: At Drew Baldridge Music, Drew, good to see you, buddy, everybody said by Drew. I think so, and we're rooting for you to see what's next.
Speaker 3: I love all right by Drew.
Speaker 11: So you got.
Speaker 1: It's time for the good news, ready, ra Cooper.
Speaker 5: He's a ups driver and he's driving delivering packages on a hot, hot Georgia day.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred and two degrees. He pulls up to a house. Is what is that?
Speaker 5: It's an elderly lady passed out, face down, groceries all over her driveway. He pulls the truck over. He gets calls nine one one says help help, there's a lady that needs our help. He kind of stays with the lady till the paramedics show up. When the paramids show up, he helps the pyramidics get her on the paramedics, and then after all that's done, takes all our groceries, puts him on her doorstep.
Speaker 2: Which is so cool. It's awesome. He's a hero. Then the news covers this.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a local furniture store where Rahiem has been shopping lately. He's looking at this item. He's like, I really want it, but I can't afford her right now. The furniture store, they recognize him on the news. They say, Rahiem comes the store, this.
Speaker 3: Is yours for free. That's like a double tell me something good?
Speaker 2: That cool him helping him stacking her groceries hopefully he put the parishables like oh yea yeah, yeah, yeh yeah, and then he got to free finit shir because they were also watching.
Speaker 9: I mean, don't you think he should have taken it in a home put in the fridge.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, I don't think so. He still he's got kids.
Speaker 9: If you leave the groceries here on the porch, raccoons, I mean, that's just they're gonna go bad White Hour in this story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I make pretty excited.
Speaker 5: He got a free furniture though that They didn't say what he got, but I'm assuming it's one of those like you know, those big sofas that go around the plow.
Speaker 2: I would assume it's one of those like chairs that has like a cooler in it, like next level lazy boys at Piner cup Holders.
Speaker 3: Is like a cooler in the bottom of it, a charger.
Speaker 2: Maybe a TV maybe maybe like a yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: That's all our fantasies right there.
Speaker 9: And that's why you always want to put your face out there, just in case someone else sees it wants to reward you. Yes, and all these people I don't want I want to remain anonymous. Nope, you don't know who's watching the.
Speaker 2: Raccoons five minutes ago? All right, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 2: As a kid, I loved Beetlejuice. Michael Keaton right with the Beadle day, like come and won.
Speaker 3: That was awesome, And so they're remaking it.
Speaker 2: And Jenna Ortega who was Wednesday right on Netflix, so she's in it, and she was like she was scared of everything, including the original Beetlejuice movie. Was anybody as a kid scared of the Beetle Juice movie? That freak anybody out? Now?
Speaker 3: That was funny me too? And I freaked out at every movie. Now?
Speaker 2: Was there a movie as a kid that probably freaked you out more than it should? Because mine was Grimlins. The first time I watched Grimlins, I didn't want to feed anything, humans, animals, anything near midnight. That movie freaked me out so bad that I didn't like scary movie. They still don't like scary movies. No horror for me, but Grimlins was the one that scarred me as a kid. And when we had dogs, I would the closer I got to midnight, I don't want to feed them, just just in case they did. What the Gremlins did, which they turned from Grimlins like what were they called it?
Speaker 5: Guys, the gizmuch would turn into like crazy.
Speaker 3: They haven't remade that movie because that was that's pretty good. Yeah, so that mine's Gremlins. Amy, any movie is a kid that scared you?
Speaker 6: Candy Man, that's a real scary one. Yeah, I mean it was scary, so it should have scarred me.
Speaker 3: But went, my money, is scary.
Speaker 6: Like go in a bathroom with a mirror and you know, and then of course my sister and her friends they would do that and be like Amy, Common would be like say, candy Man in the mirror, and it just freaked me out. Anytime I would have to go to the bathroom after that.
Speaker 7: In the dark.
Speaker 5: What do you say candy Man like three times and you turn or something? Don't do it.
Speaker 2: Let's watch any movie as a kid that there was a couple scar the stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh that was the worst movie. He has scary it's yogurt.
Speaker 9: Hold on, hold on, you're telling me, as a six or seven year old you watch that, you wouldn't be terrified to eat yogurt and that like you, I thought.
Speaker 3: You are listeners. The quick story of what this stuff is about the stuff. Is the scariest movie of all time.
Speaker 9: And it is like this yogurt and the government makes it to take over your body, and it's in this one town and these two kids. This one kid's like, I'm not going to eat it, and his whole family's like, you will eat the yogurt and he's like putting it down the toilet and it comes alive and tries to eat you.
Speaker 3: Terrible fighting as a kid. Another one, Children of the Corn, Oh, that was legitimately scary. My goodness. Anytime we'd drive my corn, I'm.
Speaker 9: Oh, go go goat, so scary all corn. You're out nightmare on Elm.
Speaker 2: Streetcar And I would say those were actually scary movie.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you, you don't. Juice to her was like, I don't watch it to freak me out.
Speaker 2: Gremlins to me, I don't watch it a freaking out like yours are like normal, healthy, you shouldn't be watching those as kids anyway.
Speaker 3: Well, Keith may just watch them.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to think of a normal teeth.
Speaker 3: Didn't teeth Keith for you.
Speaker 2: You guys, remember Christine is scary.
Speaker 3: It is Stephen King movie and it.
Speaker 5: Was like an old fifties car that like came alive and it would start with like an oldie song like twisted in Shout, and then the lights came on and it killed people.
Speaker 2: Dude. That freaked me out. Man.
Speaker 3: The car would just drive on its own. Dude, just run over people. It's like yogurt, yogurt, No way Morgan anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine was Casper.
Speaker 3: See now we're talking the friendly ghost.
Speaker 12: He yeah, man, what are you still a ghost? So after I watched it, I thought there were ghosts everywhere, and I thought a Castro is gonna pop up every time I was walking around the house, and I was like, is there Casper?
Speaker 1: Is this real? I thought it was legit?
Speaker 3: How friendly is he really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He's friendly moosedly, but he can get anywhere.
Speaker 3: Completely agree.
Speaker 2: I felt on a Casper Raymond anybody with the freak Jaz as a kid, mine's kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 3: But Jumanji. Now we're talking with.
Speaker 13: The Ouiji board, and my mom told me how evil it was, and she said, if your friends ever tried to do that Ouiji board, don't because that's when the evil spirits come out. And so my friend was super popular. It made it in Middle school. So they would all grab a wiji board and I just go in the other room. I told mom, I wasn't a part of it.
Speaker 3: They did it, so.
Speaker 2: You'd let yourself out, you'd show yourself out if they wiji.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very terrified of it. We never wiji boarded. We were too scared of that stuff in general, Like, we didn't do that. But it's funny that Ray would leave the room as his friends did it.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: You guys are all normal, Ray Morgan, We're all screwed up.
Speaker 2: That's true. We let normal movies mess with their heads. Let's play loser or not a loser. I will tell you a story from the news. You tell me if you think this person is a loser or not a loser. So this guy's getting married. They have the ceremony, they go, they have the first dance, and he realizes that in the first dance the band they hired the singer, because again at the ceremony, you don't really see if it's a DJ or the band. You don't see them because you're doing the ceremony, not the reception. His wife put take care of all the music. The singer in the band is his ex girlfriend from fifteen years ago. Right, it wasn't like the one that was right before this wife. It wasn't like this ex girlfriend plotted to get into the wedding. Somehow his new wife had booked the band and he didn't see her until okay, let's walk in the bride groom and he's like, it's my ex girlfriend singing. So it wasn't comfortable with the X being there. He after the dance goes up to the band and says, hey, I'm gonna need you guys to leave. Lizar As she didn't understand and why he cared so much because it was fifteen years ago when they dated decade and a half fifteen years ago. The band left the venue helped them get a DJ pretty quickly, which they had to pay money for as well. They had to pay the band out as well. But the guy was like, you need to go loser, not a loser. Amy has jumped in early on this one. She's locked in with loser.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, loser, Okay.
Speaker 6: What yeah, because like just enjoy your evening. It was fifteen years ago, like move on with the night, Like why cause this disruption and then have to pay more money and then have the venue scramble to get a DJ.
Speaker 7: I mean, just I don't know. I don't see what the big deal is.
Speaker 2: If I'm the wife, and this is why I'm going to sign him as a loser. If I'm the wife and I see him get so upset about an X, I'm thinking he's still in love with.
Speaker 3: That ex good point like this is not otherwise who cares?
Speaker 10: That's thought thee okay, and I'll let you guys have your piece. But I'm going loser because if I see him get triggered, that means an emotion has set forth an action, which is exactly what happened. Why is he getting emotional over somebody from fifteen years ago unless he still feels extremely hurt or still in love with them. And I'm upset if I'm the wife, and I'm going loser.
Speaker 2: And even if you feel that way, because you're gonna look like you have to play a cool you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't do what you just did. You're a loser. We got two losers in lunchbox.
Speaker 9: No, this dude's a hero. He's saving his wife from the awkward encounter. He is trying to make sure that his wife knows she is the only woman on his special day.
Speaker 3: The wife didn't care for that. You don't want that.
Speaker 9: That girl trying to weasel her way in saying, oh, yeah, I'm gonna try to ruin the wedding and be a bad singer, have bad music, mess up the soul.
Speaker 3: Terrible.
Speaker 9: Women are spiteful, man, Women are vengeful. Women are crazy. You don't know what she could do, and you want it to be all about the bride, and you don't want your friends to being like, hey, dude, isn't that the girl we met on spring break? Oh can't have that. Get her out of here. It's all about the wife.
Speaker 3: What a hero.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we have two losers and one not a loser, Eddie, I.
Speaker 5: Too, am going to say not a loser on this is a testament of his love for her.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 5: He's saying like, look, you hired my ex girlfriend. I know as an accident, but I don't want anyone else that I maybe could have fallen in love.
Speaker 2: With earlier in my life. I love you Now she's out of here, but the wife just is. The wife has got to be like, we're gonna spend extra money, You're gonna make my dad spend extra money. Baby, that's how much I love you. What I don't want you to do that?
Speaker 3: Why are you acting that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Then that's when Bobby's point.
Speaker 6: I think that that Bobby made one of the most valid points here, and it's that she's going to look at you and be like, what is the big dealer?
Speaker 7: Are you still do you care? Or like why are you.
Speaker 2: Now that you say?
Speaker 5: Did you invite your ex boyfriend here? Of course now you don't want him here, you don't love him anymore. But she wasn't invited as the ex girlfriend. She was a singer of a band. Okay, all even we got your tiebreaker, Morgan, loser or.
Speaker 12: No loser, I'm I'm going with not a loser.
Speaker 3: He down. Okay, she's gay, she just got broken up with.
Speaker 7: They've been broken up year.
Speaker 12: I hear you, guys, and I I do understand completely what you guys say. I think there's a level here. But here's the thing. This is his wedding day. He doesn't want to have any past memories of that, like bringing up on a day that's supposed to be the day to start his future, regardless if there's good, bad, any feelings whatever of the.
Speaker 3: Crazy crazy.
Speaker 2: This is not stopping him from starting that new life somebody from fifteen years ago. One two three hero Ready, that's not what It's not a loser, Okay, Amy, they won the guy's not a loser a parent right.
Speaker 3: If you're listening, sir, you are officially not a loser.
Speaker 2: But we wrote the dissenting opinion, Amy, and I did like the Supreme Court heavily a loser in our minds.
Speaker 3: Here's a voicemail from yesterday.
Speaker 14: Hey, this message is from Morgan. I stumbled upon your podcast to take this personally, and it was the one with Missy Franklin.
Speaker 3: And it was awesome.
Speaker 14: She did such a good interview, and I just wanted to let you know that I was really impressed with the podcast and I plan on continuing to listen to it, So thanks so much for putting.
Speaker 2: That out there.
Speaker 3: I had no idea you were friends with Missy Franklin.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's one of my good friends. Now we have friends.
Speaker 12: Well, I met her, like gosh, a couple of years back. We had mutual friends, and then we just kept running into each other, so we've become friends over the time.
Speaker 3: She got like, how many gold medals, five gold medals. Wow this swimmer. Yeah, she was Wow, that's crazy. And she's a guest on your episode this week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and she came on. It was crazy.
Speaker 12: She was talking about how she had some like really hardships during the between the twenty twelve and twenty sixteen Olympics.
Speaker 3: Carry ran all that all that weight. That'd be hard all the fil Did she wear the medals?
Speaker 7: No, she didn't bring the medals.
Speaker 12: And she's so sweet, Like, you know, somebody who's won that many metals could come in and just be so not humble or whatever, but she was.
Speaker 3: She was really kind. Man, if I came in, I would not be humble. That'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: Check out the episode Morgan called Take This Personally. One of her guests is Missy Franklin.
Speaker 1: Pile of Stories.
Speaker 6: In a new poll, people were asked, do you wash your feet in the shower?
Speaker 3: Wash them?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I mean yes, but no, you.
Speaker 7: Just like stop at your ankles.
Speaker 3: No, I don't scrub anything below about mid waist.
Speaker 7: You don't.
Speaker 3: You gotta have it.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of you gotta keep.
Speaker 2: If I don't have like standing dirt, it pretty much washes away.
Speaker 3: I have like a scrubby loof the thing. But I don't really do much bending.
Speaker 7: You just loof of your upper body. Yeah, this is fascinating.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 2: It's mostly the waterfall takes I don't have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no, do you feel like the soap?
Speaker 3: You are the same.
Speaker 2: But I don't rub my feet when I'm in the shower. I wash, I wipe and clean the bottom of my feet every night before I get into bed because my wife doesn't like me walking around getting dog here on the bottom my feet and getting them into bed.
Speaker 3: But I don't do it in the shower. Going well, I justice for.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well you're not alone.
Speaker 6: Thirty seven percent of people pold said no, they just let the water run over them.
Speaker 3: I really thought that was most people.
Speaker 2: If there's dirt, I will go down and clean the dirt off, like have I been playing ball or something or I've been outside?
Speaker 3: Fine, but no, I let it run between the toes.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you don't with what I can't fingers or never, never do you pick up the bottom and just like rub the bottom, No what.
Speaker 7: Your foot.
Speaker 3: Because I'm on the clean tile.
Speaker 6: Okay, So, if you're a Dorito's fan, a Space fan, and a Saint Jude fan, I have something for you because Dorito's has made many cool ranch zero gravity chips. They're going to be going to space later this month, and well, we're not going to space.
Speaker 7: We're just here.
Speaker 6: We can actually get in the running to get some of these chips if we make a two hundred dollars donation to Saint Jude.
Speaker 2: I thought they'd be chips that here on Earth zero gravity float, like they invented a chip that it just floats on your desk and you just grab it out of the air and eat it.
Speaker 6: That would be cool, be cool now, But when they do go to space later this month, they will float and they are bite size, so that way people in space when they're eating them, it goes right in the mouth and there's no crumbs that would float about in the cabin.
Speaker 3: So we pay tw hundred bucks, we don't even get the can. We're in the running.
Speaker 7: You're in the running. You're in the running.
Speaker 3: Great, Yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Can hit up Dorito's dot experience dot Stjude dot org. Thomas Rhett sat down for an interview on mental health, and he said that one of the biggest battles of his career was when people said his second album wasn't country enough, and that ever since then, he's been thankful for it because it's made him stronger and he has a better shield for when the arrows come.
Speaker 7: But he got through it with the help of his wife and a therapist.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what n was on the second album. I don't know either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just got a bunch of hit songs. I do think we ever said that, so we don't know.
Speaker 2: We're just like, that's good stuff.
Speaker 6: Well, he said there was a little more pop and R and B feel to it, and it wasn't received well by the public.
Speaker 2: Tangled Up the second studio album, Well, let's just see what was on Tangled Up and how we feel about the songs now as we look back at the songs, because it's him and a T shirt And here's the track list.
Speaker 3: Number Die a Happy Man.
Speaker 5: That's a great song, right T Shirt, that's a jam My T shirt.
Speaker 2: Crash and Burn Jam Yeah, jam Vacation but that they tried to failed that one, But I liked that song anyway.
Speaker 3: Tom's try sucking out, Buddy. Your album was good. It was good.
Speaker 6: It was good, but it just shows like even with success, someone could still be struggling mentally because.
Speaker 2: It doesn't show that that album was awesome and we should just celebrate.
Speaker 3: It as that.
Speaker 7: Which Thomas right, he's going to be in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yes he will be, and I will tell him that. I'll be like, hey, buddy, you're still to us lots of value. All right, thank you, Amy.
Speaker 7: I'my. That's my pile.
Speaker 1: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 2: Like Bobby, there's this video game. It's combat video game called Morty how and so they had a whole tournament and you're like, oh, Nerds, I wouldn't say that because I play MAD and I play in C double Football, I play NBA two K, so I played those games. But this game in this tournament was put together because there was a fellow player who had blood cancer and all the guys that played around played the game and online.
Speaker 3: What you set me up? I was thinking, Nerds, And then yeah, it was for something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they all jump in the tournament and to raise money for the family's medical bills.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's cool.
Speaker 2: When word got out all these kids jump in the tournament, they were able to raise thirty six thousand dollars or so and then they put up the crowdfund and other people. So he's still in need of money for this. But all his buddies and all the people who played video games with had this tournament in his honor and raise money for him.
Speaker 3: And that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That's really And there would be haters here, but I hit him with the cancer raise money for cancer.
Speaker 9: I thought they were gonna set a record or something playing a nerdy game, and turns out.
Speaker 2: That you go to teen mom book signings, I do big shoutouts of those teen moms for writing books.
Speaker 3: But it's everybody likes different things. You know what's crazy about teen mom? I saw Pharaoh Abraham's daughter turned sixteen. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: He's as old as her mom wasn't she had her Yes.
Speaker 3: Wow, that means I'm north Pharaoh for suiting for that long sixteen years. She's been part of my life. You've been watching watch her if you've known her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And she bought me on Twitter. Yeah, all right, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 2: And that is the end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 3: That is the end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 11: Is the end of the first tip of the podcast that is the end of the first time of the podcast.
Speaker 2: You can go to the podcast too, or you can wait till
Speaker 3: Podcast to come out.