Speaker 1: This is Suckers.
Speaker 2: I'm Keeling Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared Han at iHeartRadio podcast. Hey, welcome to an old new episode of Suckers with Jared. I forget what Dean said he was going to call this podcast. I don't know Suckers daddy, I don't really know. Probably words, it shouldn't be the same sentence. Once again, my name is Jared.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 2: It's me myself, and I hope you guys are doing well. It's interesting working in the restaurant industry. If anybody out there is listening right now and works in the hospitality, you know that, Like, weekends are just not a thing. And honestly, it boils my blood when somebody who works in a restaurant posts like, oh thank god it's Friday, and they only post it because they want to be basic when actuality, they're like working Friday night, working Saturday. If they're lucky they have Sundays off. We all know if we work in restaurants how that works. You know you gotta work your way up to get Sundays off. I me the biggest Patriots fan, the biggest Tom Brady fan you'll ever meet in your retire life. Had to watch the first half of Super Bowl forty nine, which was the Seattle Seahawks versus the New England Patriots at the Providence Oyster Bar because I was working and nobody would work it for me, because I work Sundays because I'm a team player and at the end of the day, like I prioritize work over my own personal enjoyment. I had working Sundays, but whatever, you gotta do, what you gotta do. But it was the Super Bowl and the other manager who I asked to cover for me, who didn't like football, didn't watch football, was like, oh, we're already like going to this Super Bowl party, and I said i'd go and we have plans, so I can't cover for you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh I could have killed him, could have could have ran them over. God, I was so mad. So anyway, my dad was very nice. He was recording the game, so I said, Dad, listen, we close it at nine. I'm going to make sure i'm out of there by nine oh one. The game starts six point thirty. As soon as halftime comes up, you pause that game. So I have to watch the first half at the Oyster Bar, which of course, I had the TV is on blasting, and anybody who complained can go to hell.
Speaker 1: It's the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: He paused the game, so I ran rate to my parents because there's only about twenty minutes there, closer to there to than my house. And I didn't miss anything because he paused during halftime, got there, started the game, fast forward to the commercials, and then of course we caught up Blake late in the third quarter, early in the fourth quarter, and then I watched one of the greatest moments of my life happened, which is when Malcolm Butler intercepted the ball at the one yard line. I don't know if you guys know what I'm talking about, but I had to just put that in there. Also, big news, it's a boy. We announced the gender of our newest edition to the family, coming in July, Ashley's two days July twenty ninth, and it is another boy.
Speaker 1: And I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, like, fuh, it's great.
Speaker 1: Like of course, the most.
Speaker 2: Important thing, obviously is the health of the baby. As long as we have a healthy child, that's honestly all I care about. Everything else, like if I'm complaining or talking, it's it's it truly doesn't matter. It's just me spewing words. And even though I feel that way, I know it's not important. So I hope that comes across. But you know, it's a podcast, so I gotta talk. I can't be like, you know, hey, as long as everything's you know, healthy, it's all I care about. And it's like, of course that's what I care about. But like, you know, let's talk about a little bit more here. And one of the things I want to talk about more is how I wanted a girl because I just see my friends and you know, I see the difference between boys and girls, where boys are obviously just so close to their mother. Well do you got daddy's little girl? But I guess my, oh, mama's boy. So obviously Dawson is very much a mama's boy, which makes sense. You know a lot of my friends who have boys, they're mama's boys. A lot of my friends who have girls, they are daddy's little girl. So the girl is so attached to the father. And also, let's be honest, we're just going to keep it real. From my experience, girls are much easier at a younger age than boys are. Now Granted, I have no idea what the future looks like. I could easily see girls being much more difficult in the future than boys, because boys probably just go with the program, or a girl is like asking questions and you're like, listen, we're doing this because I said so, we're a boy's just feel.
Speaker 1: Like you sure, whatever, cool, let's go. When did we get ice cream?
Speaker 2: But uh, but yeah, it's just Dawson was hard. I love Dawson so much. He's the best, and he has such a beautiful personality and he brings so much happiness to this world, to me, to Ashley, to our family. I love him so much. I wouldn't change anything. I really wouldn't. But it was hard. You know, he doesn't stop. He hasn't stopped. He's better now, he's so much better now. I can really kind of talk to him a little bit, and I think he's understanding when he can or cannot do certain things.
Speaker 1: He's learning, he's learning. He's two years old, you know. But man, he was just such.
Speaker 2: A fussy baby, such a fussy baby, did not stop crying. I'm nervous Number two's gonna be like that, because if we have another really fussy kid like we had with Dawson, who isn't sleeping that much through the first year eighteen months and also just cries a lot.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Plus Dawson, you know, plus we'll have a toddler in the house. Know, man, I don't know as what I was nervous about, but I mean, what are you gonna do? You know, we want a family for want Dawson to have a sibling. Then it will be all fun. It's gonna be all fun.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just one of those things that we just got to get through. I think Ashley and I really need to like focus in, you know. I think that's a big part of it as well, is that, you know, we just really need to It's hard because I try to talk to Ashley about these things where it's like we need to really kind of check in and like of course checking on each other.
Speaker 1: But what I mean is like.
Speaker 2: Schedule things out and like have things planned, and you know, our weeks are months, they are planned, you know, because we have to keep our sanity. I want to keep my sanity. I work all the time at Audrey's, you know, I come home. I know Ashley's tired. I'm tired too. It's just hard. Her parent goes to the exact same thing. So I'm not telling you anything new, but I think for me what I would like to try, and I try to talk to Ashley about it, and she has a more difficult time doing this than I. It's really just trying to say, Okay, like Monday, we're gonna do like we have this and this and that. I know, it's like, hypothetically, in my dream world, say we had a night nurse, be like, okay, let's plan.
Speaker 1: Let's let's get a night nurse on you know.
Speaker 2: Two days of the week, so like two days of the week we get full night's rest, you know. So it's like, okay, Monday night we get the night nurse, and then Friday night I don't really know, but and then it's like, okay, then we have you know, Dawson being taken care of by the nanny on these three days.
Speaker 1: And then you know, the new kid.
Speaker 2: You know, we'll try it, like, you know, I'll try to get my parents be like I need you at least once a week.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's h sucks that her parents are so involved with the down of Virginia. My parents are great.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 2: So much, but they're just not nearly as involved. It's just a fact. And it sucks because they only live like twenty five minutes away, half hour away, but.
Speaker 1: I mean a full Tran experience. They just don't help out that much.
Speaker 2: And her parents are so hands on, specifically her mom and her sister. They're just so helpful. So I understand why I actually wants someone to Virginia. But you know, that's a conversation for a different day. There's a regular that comes into Audrey's.
Speaker 3: She's the sweetest, so she's in her fifties maybe early sixties, but she's a new grandparent, and her daughter comes in and her grandson comes in as well, and she comes in on Saturday mornings with her grandson because she takes the grandson every Friday night.
Speaker 2: So every Friday night, the parents have a night off where they can sleep or they could just watch whatever they want to watch, and the grandparents take the kid for one night of the week Friday night and then Saturday morning. That must be just the best. It's not like I know alone my kids. I love spending so much time with my kids, but like it's so stupid that I feel guilty about saying yes, I would like some alone time.
Speaker 1: I mean for all of our lives.
Speaker 2: It's like as a parent, as I get older, I just respect my parents even more. But like the idea that we are raised and we like for thirty how old am I thirty five? For thirty two years of my life, I didn't have kids for thirty two and a half years of my life. The majority of my time, my effort was put towards me selfishly, obviously, but that's just what we do, that's what humans do. And so the idea that now I have a kid and I devote so much of my effort and time to my child.
Speaker 1: Which is what I want to do.
Speaker 2: But also, you know what I want to do is I want to donate a minuscule amount of time just for me to play sports, or to work out, or to just like.
Speaker 1: Go hang out with my friends. And I'm not asked for much.
Speaker 2: Like honestly, if I got to like get together with my friends to play sports twice a month, I would be a static. During the summer, I play softball on Sundays, which is just the absolute best. But it's tough. Ashley is very supportive. She's I'm not trying to like diss Ashley. She's the best, but she's come around on softball.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that.
Speaker 2: Ashley's already halfway through the pregnancy. July's gonna be here before we know. It's March. You want to know something amazing. I was thinking about yesterday because the sun was going down and it was five point forty and it was still light out, and I was like, guess what, Jared talking to myself. In a week and a half, it's gonna be six forty and it's still gonna be light up because we change the clocks March tenth.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait. Oh, you can't wait till we change the clocks.
Speaker 2: It's just so much life is better when the sun goes down later.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why we keep doing this to ourselves. We need to for all the restaurant people out there, we need eighty six daylight saving time.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's affecting anything anymore. I was trying to look it up. I know people say it's for farming. I think it might still be, but it's also for like other things. I think I should really look this up before I started recording, But I don't think it affects anything anymore. Okay, technology has gotten to a point where we do not need daylight saving time. Let's just keep the sun out later in the day because it makes everybody happier. And you know what, sometimes we just need to do something else as society to make us happier.
Speaker 1: And that's okay.
Speaker 2: There is nothing wrong with passing a law because it makes people happy. Now, we shouldn't do that all the time, obviously, but every once in a while, I'd say two things come to mind. One, make the day after the super Bowl a national holiday.
Speaker 1: I think I've talked about it on this podcast before.
Speaker 2: Make the day after the super Bowl a national holiday. Why because it will make people happy and that's a good thing. And Secondly, make a law abolishing daylight saving time.
Speaker 1: You want to know why, Because it will just make people happier. Okay.
Speaker 2: I think we all understand that we are living in very angry and divisive times. So let's do something that we can all rally around and all just put a smile on our face. Be like, you know what, guys, this is for you, This is for everyone out there. Bye by daylight saving time. Sun's going down at seven year round love it. If I was running for president, I would run on that campaign, and you know what, I probably win. Obviously we'll talk about taxes and the economy and foreign affairs and the border. But you know what, guys, you know what Number one on my docket is getting rid of daylight savings time boom. President put me in twenty twenty four. Who my vice president would be? Hay Bon and Ben? Ben Haiggens is very presidential. I could see that. I'll be Ben's VP. You think he'd picked me Higgins and Habon h and h It's got a good ring to it. He was definitely the president. I'd be his VP. I think Kaitlin could be president just my popularity. She'd be a fascinating president. Ashley's birthday is coming up March sixth. Make sure you wish her a happy birthday.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do. Try to get a babysitter, maybe go out to dinner.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm just get out, Like I try to get her things to do for herself, you know, get her a massage, but she's always like I want you to come, and I'm like that's so sweet, But like I don't want to do it like I want you to enjoy. You know, every time for a Christmas or Birthday, I get things for her and her sister to do because she always wants to do things with her sister. But then just get annoyed because she's like, I want to do things with you. I'm like, we do so much together. It's so weird being married when you really think about it, this whole term of quality time, quality time, quality time. Oh, there's just so much time. I understand quality time.
Speaker 1: I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: You need quality time, we need quality time. But we spend so much time together, you know. AnyWho just Grinding Grinding podcast. I got Audrey's. We had Caitlin there this past week.
Speaker 1: It was fun. She killed it. God, she was the best.
Speaker 2: She is the best, greatest bacheloret of all time. And my bias, yes, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong. She was awesome. She killed it. It was fun, so that was cool.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just gonna continue juggling. It's I'm an Yeah, she called myself the juggler.
Speaker 1: I like that. Maybe I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Make sure you guys are obviously listening to the main podcast Suckers with Dean, myself and Kaitlin.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for all the wil wishes too when we.
Speaker 2: Announced the gender. Really do appreciate it. We really are excited. It'll be fun two boys. I mean, we're just building either a basketball team or a boy band, maybe both.
Speaker 1: We'll find out, but it will be fun.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited for when they're a little bit older, like five six, somewhere around that age where Dawson has games and it's like, all right, well, Dawson has a game over here at eight o'clock, and then the other one has it. I'm only calling the other one the other one because we truly don't have.
Speaker 1: A name yet.
Speaker 2: And then the other one has a game at nine o'clock, and then I got to bounce back to make sure.
Speaker 1: I pick up Dawson then go to this game. But I want to watch them both.
Speaker 2: But I'm coaching, because I obviously will be coaching my kids a little league, and it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Very excited for those days.
Speaker 2: But until then, keep listening to the podcast, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Once again, love you guys, Make sure you tune in next week. We're hopefully we suck just a little bit less