Speaker 1: Official Jets Podcast is presented by win Bet. Betty's a team sport, but together win Bet Eric own here at one Jets Drive. We got leg Duza Bowls joining us from parts unknown maybe Florida. And then Bart Scott is in Maryland Baltimore today, Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Bart? A lot of kids feeding the kids, well not the kids, oh man, my bat kids. Tonight, men and women, was last night?
Speaker 3: Plans for Thanksgiving? Fellas work.
Speaker 4: I gotta be in the studio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll be working. I gotta get up in first dake. Yeah all right, No rest of the weary baby, no rest of the weary Hey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got we got a CBS game, so I gotta I gotta be in the studio.
Speaker 1: Listen, we are blessed to be able to work in the National Football League. Don't have too much turkey, though, because I don't want either one of you guys falling asleep after that trip to fan.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm gonna say I'm gonna eat after after our work.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the big news here. The Jets make a quarterback change. Tim Boyle will start in the NFL's first ever Black Friday game as the Jets resume play against the Miami Dolphins here this weekend. Bart, your thoughts on Robert Solad's decision.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it was a once you Once you put Tim Boyle in a game, we knew that it was. It symbolized a bigger story to the end. I thought that when he did get in, the ball came out on time. They weren't in sync.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: You think about the hot route with with Dalvin Cook. You know, maybe we can get some of that magic that we had last year when we put in veterans and just seeing the field ball coming out early.
Speaker 2: Quick decisions, allowing our playmakers to make some play.
Speaker 5: I've been screaming for the Pony package probably for five weeks, so much so that you know, they put a whole package to me in different suits talking about the Pony package. I thought they used it effectively, but then they went away from it. I think that's one of the best personnel groups, and they have to find a way to keep Bruce hal and Dalvin Cook out there. At the same time. It's so many things you can do. Double screens, you can you know, fake the handoff with the swing route behind with the other guy, split backs go behind you got will Rows.
Speaker 2: We saw him using effectively last year Micael Carter as the lead blocker.
Speaker 5: So many different things you can do out of that double screens, chipping on the way out, helping out the tackles. So hopefully, you know, now with the with a quarterback that's a little bit more veteran, that seems to feel better, the timing is better in the offense, maybe we can you know, keep pace and try to make sure that that defense continues to perform the way it is that we can capitalize on that great difference play.
Speaker 3: Dudes, give me the scoutary report on Boyle.
Speaker 1: He's the guy who's bounced around quite a bit, but he's got familiarity with the system and the other thing that Bart said about getting the ball out quicker. I know the Jets have struggled mightily on the offensive side of the ball this year, but they're eighteenth in yards per play when that ball comes out within two and a half seconds. And well, from what I've seen of Boil is that he's gonna get rid of the rock.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's got an interesting story right started at Yukon, then went to Eastern Kentucky. It's just weird because if you look at his numbers, you would be like, I mean, this guy is the quitt essential story as far as never giving up, right, because his touchdown interception ratio was always in the negative, but he every time he had an opportunity, he took full advantage of it, even when he bounced around in the league. You talked about it has real familiarity when Nathaniel Hacket from his time in Green Bay and Bart alluded to it, Right, the ball comes out quick with boy. Right, he's a veteran quarterback, knows the system, knows where to go with the football. So some of the things that Bart talked about, right, not having that continuity with some of the receivers and running backs because he hasn't gotten those reps with them.
Speaker 4: So the only thing that kind of sucks is leak is a shortened week.
Speaker 6: Right, They play on a Friday game, so you won't have as many practice rep reps with those guys.
Speaker 4: To build up that timing and continuity.
Speaker 6: But this is a veteran guy, and to Bar's point, hopefully because he has played some football, he's been around the block, you know a few times. It's been in the system for a few years that maybe the offense executes at a higher level. That's what you're hoping when you make this play in regards to benching of Zach Wilson.
Speaker 4: Right, when you lose through three.
Speaker 6: Games in a row and the offense has somewhat been a kneemic, then you're always looking for quote unquote a spark.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: I really don't like using that word because I feel like there has to be a reasoning for something to change, right, But ultimately, when the offense has performed how it's performed, something is going to change, and ultimately they decide to switch up the quarterback position.
Speaker 1: Well, dudes, doesn't like that word, bar, but Ken Boyle actually provide a spark.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you know, you have to believe in something, right.
Speaker 5: So the thing is sometimes when you make a change, everybody's going to try and believe in that change, and you know, all it takes is a couple of good balls to kind of get momentum and belief.
Speaker 2: Right. I felt like the belief was gone. Right.
Speaker 5: We saw this happen throughout the league. We saw Matt Canada get fired today simply because it was a loss of belief, right, And when you don't believes like It's like one of those things. Those who say they can can, those who say they can are both usually right. And when you believe that you can do something, you have them to believe in, and usually that positive momentum kind of pushes you forward. Guys are understanding that, hey, we're at least the team and the coach in the organization if hearing our cries and trying to do something to win now with all the things that have happened, right and how bad it's been, you're still not that far away, right And like the.
Speaker 2: Football guys keep giving you an opportunity.
Speaker 5: Like teams are losing, Buffalo's got a tough schedule going forward. I'm not saying that the Jets don't, but if they can win one of these games, and that's what we're talking about, if they could split with one of these team, that just puts them in the mix and it gives them the opportunity to fight another week and another week. We don't know what's going to happen with Cincinnati with their tough schedule. We don't know if the maturity of the Texans will continue to play.
Speaker 2: And you have an opportunity to.
Speaker 5: Add to that, right and It's funny because the teams that people thought were out of it Denver, potentially the Raiders in yourself can still be alive if you just win a couple of games that you're not supposed to win it. We've seen the Jets do that, right, the teams and continue to get hurt. Now, the Jets aren't the most healthiest, but when you think about on the defensive side of the ball, they're still together that way, so they can they have a unit that can dominate and keep them in the game as other teams are losing key players left and right. I mean, you talk about that Buffalo Bills, and that's why I was hoping that they would put you know, boil in sooner. They lost two more of their defensive stars. Those are opportunities, right, and it's like the law diminishing returns, and that's happening throughout the NFL right now. And the Jets, at least the defense side of the unit are still healthy that they can play on a play with a mismatch in advantage because they have continuity. You talk about all the things that the offense don't have. Continuity healthy guys. You know, they got back up to the backup. The Jets on defense are strong, indeed.
Speaker 1: Dudes, how would you describe Zach Wilson's three years to date here in the National Football League? Robert sala He was quick to point out that, listen, an unfortunate series of events here this year for the Jets and Wilson offensively.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would say a bit of a roller coaster, right, I mean, go back all the way to twenty twenty one at Tennessee Titans game, where you know, he was throwing off platform, throwing the ball down the field to Corey Davis, probably one of his better performances. And then from the fundamental standpoint as far as footwork and being able to stay in the pocket and not evade the pocket when you don't have to, when pressure really isn't there, we saw him struggle in that aspect, right. We saw growth and that this year, but then we also saw regression in him holding the ball too much, So a little bit of a roller coaster up and down. I did see growth in him this year in regards to making the simple throws, right, that's where he struggled in his rookie year. But yeah, it's just been a bit of a roller coaster, And this is typical with young players, right. I mean everybody was looking at that draft class like it was going to be the best thing ever, Right, And we've seen Trey Lance already get traded, right, we saw justin Fields kind of happened up and up and down careers. So, I mean, you just never know what ricky quarterbacks coming into the league.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: It's all about being in the right system and do they progress correctly in the right way. Do they do the little things right, the fundamentals parts of the game, the parts that people get bored doing. Do they continue to work on those aspects of their game. So when you talk about Zach Wilson, I think the best word to describe it is a little bit of a roller coaster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's disappointing from the aspect of you know, I would say this is more disappointing than the Sam Donald because Sam Donald was coming to a team that didn't have talent, right, and this team has a little bit more talent.
Speaker 2: But it's a cautionary tail.
Speaker 5: When you think about Trey Lanz, you think about Zach Wilson. You know, experience matters, and it doesn't matter where you get to experience football or football you talk about guys that have struggled wherever you want to go, all the way back to Mark Sanchez, who I think is a better version of these players when you think about he didn't have the experience, but he had the support and the support that you have to have with any young quarterback is a solid offensive line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not able to really do that.
Speaker 5: So, like now, what happens is that the fear of the physical part of the game. And you know, also he wasn't, you know, physically mature. He still hasn't physically mature yet. He's going to have to get a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger. But the fact that they couldn't support him, when you look at all the guys that have came in the league and struggled immediately, they've gone places where they can't protect. You talk about Justin Field, who the guy who can protect himself with his legs, and he's a bigger guy, he's still struggling. After this season, he'll be on his way out. So you'll talk about three guys, you know, within that draft that will find themselves probably on new teams next year because the lack of protection where Trey Lance just wasn't didn't have enough experience, and he ran into a team that needed to win a Super Bowl, was ready to win a Super Bowl right now, and he got beat out by a guy who had a lot of experience playing football, and all he had to do is see what he was supposed to see and be able to anticipate throw. And that's going to be the downfall of exact that Zach wants to rein in this league. He doesn't want to be like Mitchell Tubisky, doesn't want to be like Ponder, doesn't want to be like Josh Rosen. He's going to have to learn how to take a step back and learn how to process right.
Speaker 2: You can't process at a dial up type.
Speaker 5: Of you know, to beat you have to come up like you got five g right, because that's what that league is about.
Speaker 2: This league is not about handling the ball off thirty times.
Speaker 5: I don't care who you are. They just don't do that. It's about being able to drop back and process a lot of moving parts at one time to get the ball out the games.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: The Jets are four and six, three game losing streak. They've started five different line combinations in the last five games, seven different line combinations.
Speaker 3: Overall, in ten games.
Speaker 1: Thirteen different offensive line men have taken snaps for the Jets this year, saying, how do you patch it together?
Speaker 3: Here? Like you're talking about it's short week?
Speaker 1: You got Miami who oh, by the way, they're playing really good defense, right, Yeah, in South Florida.
Speaker 6: You almost would say that over the last couple of weeks that team has actually been led by its defense, right, because two in that offense haven't been able to put up a boatload of points like they did in the beginning of the year when they were dropping seventy versus Denver Broncos. So, I mean the axcension and the return of Jalen Ramsey has really given them something on that.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: We've seen Jalen Phillips and Chubb on the outside become healthier, right, being able to get after the quarterback Christian Wilkins is in an a contract year and each playing like it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: So this is what I think Mike McDaniel was thinking when he decided to trade for Chubb halfway through the year, to trade for Jalen Ramsey in the offseason to pair him with Xavier and Howard. So now you have essentially what the Jets have, Right. You have two star corners. Yeah, you have two star corners that can lock down your two top guys. And what they're saying is how explosive our offense is. There's no way you can go toe to toe with us. If our defense holds you to like seventeen to twenty points, you're not gonna beat us. And that's been their formula and they've been able to do it. And Bart knows this playing linebacker as many years as he did in the NFL. If you have a team that can just give you like a ten point lead, I mean, it makes it so much easier on defense, right, because now you can squat on things if you're a corner because you got a guy over the top and d line, you can really pin your ears back and get after the quarterback. So I always say, going into the season, and this is before Rogers had the injury, I didn't think the biggest threat to the Jets was the Bills.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the Miami Dolphins. Right. The thing that concerned me about the Dolphins was the debt. Right.
Speaker 6: They have a lot of star power up front, right, but their depth they lack debt. But the thing is all their star power is getting healthy at the right time. And Barton knows this, right around this time, this is when you got to be playing your best football, right around Thanksgiving and going forward. And that's what the Miami Dolphins are doing. Now. Get The offense too, has turned the ball over more a little bit lately than we're accustomed to him doing. But because of that, defense has come to the party, right, they can overcome some of those issues.
Speaker 1: Bart We saw the Jets try to go big early against the Bills twelve personnel, thirteen personnel with a new quarterback. Do you think you'll alter that approach and maybe try to spread it out a little bit? I mean, how do you attack it in a short term against Miami?
Speaker 5: I mean me, honestly, I would probably go with the pony package, and I would take that tight end Rutger, who's our best blocker, and I wouldn't put him on the end of the line of scrimmage. I would split him out and I'll run and I'll run power runs out of that that formation, which is typically a light formation, but it'd be regular, but it would play as three wides, and I would I can do all my powers, my zones, my stretches. You know some of their best plays, what's the outside stretch play where you got to go get it to him, much like edgwm James used to get it.
Speaker 2: Because what happens is if you bring all these big bodies in, they're just gonna pack it in.
Speaker 5: They're gonna You're bringing more people to the party, so you're closing up all the lanes. Especially if you don't have offensive lineman that can win one on one, somebody's.
Speaker 2: Gonna give up something.
Speaker 5: So if I put Brucker out and split him out, now somebody or or conference, somebody has to match. And if they decide to go out there and that's a linebacker, then I have a matchup with the linebacker one on one on the safety or on a linebacker the tight end. So it gives me opportunities. But also if I do that, and I'll release the back and chip them out. Now, I got two great guys that can catch the ball in space against linebackers, right, So if they decide to match with Nickel and Big Nickel and do it that way, then we're gonna run the ball down their throat. If they decide to come out there and heavy it up with their regular base package.
Speaker 2: See what you want to do is you want to get teams in.
Speaker 5: Their base package because their base package doesn't have a lot of exotic glitzers.
Speaker 2: They have linebacker blitzes.
Speaker 5: It's hard to blitz a safety when you split split the tight end out because that's the first thing you see.
Speaker 2: But these are few blitchers off the edge.
Speaker 5: Now you have two lots two running backs on the outside that can just chip on their way out or pick up the blitterer from the outside. If they bring them an inside, you got them scand it. So basically it turns into five seven man protections right because you have two tailbacks in the backfield, five linemen.
Speaker 2: That's seven men in protection, three men on the rock. And then what.
Speaker 5: Happens is as they're fighting in the route and nobody's winning, they turn around to become an easy like the Jets struggle with the check down the day, Like five five yards guy turned a five yard dump because everybody's gonna be getting tremendous depth. They turn that into a five to ten yard game because you catching me. Now you're ask the linebackers to continue to tackle breech haul in space and also to tackle gallon cooking space. And if one guy misses, everybody especially damn man and man if somebody miss it's a rap because you got on both sides right. So imagine they both split this way and then run what the new England pages is run with the gator route where they cross but they come out of the.
Speaker 2: Back of the cross.
Speaker 5: You're running linebackers off and it's but they're chipping their way out, so you protect it. So it gives you so many different options when you go to that pony package, and the people in your pony package are your best players.
Speaker 3: Dudes.
Speaker 1: Boil Is been in the league for a couple of years, but he's relatively an experience. You're talking about his fourth career start Vic Fangio. What will his game plan be against a quarterback who's taken over in a tough situation.
Speaker 3: I mean, bottom line, this is a tough situation.
Speaker 1: Because we talked about the lineups, the personnel up front, and the Jets just haven't been able to score and third down has been a monster problem for this team all of eleven.
Speaker 3: I guess it was somewhat encouraging against the bills.
Speaker 1: The Jets converted four of their five fourth down opportunities.
Speaker 3: But Fangio, what is he going to do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, think about Vangiel, He's like people almost always think that he's gonna blitz.
Speaker 4: It's not what he wants to do.
Speaker 6: He wants to let those front four get after you, right, And that's why they went and got Jalen Ramsey because if you look at it, when he was at Denver, right, he had two really good corners there too as well. So he wants that front four to get after you. That's why they traded for tub Right. That's why Jalen Phillips has come to the party as of late.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: That's why you know guys like Zach Zeiler inside, who's a really good, underrated player who can rush the passer as well. He's gonna put these offensive linemen on the islands, right, He'll show that he's gonna listen, then they'll back up out of there, right, And he wants to know if you got your protection protections down.
Speaker 4: Bart was talking about this earlier.
Speaker 6: I think something that Jets should do is with their running backs, they should check inside then swing out. I don't think we've done that enough this year in regards to protection, right, it's like our running backs are getting out of there quick. But we know eric Ea, you told us the stats, right, thirteen different linemen have taken starting snaps for the Jets, six different.
Speaker 4: Offensive tackles has started that offensive tackle and the interior three.
Speaker 6: There's been seven different players that have swapped out in that interior three.
Speaker 4: So as far as.
Speaker 6: Having that continuity and having everybody on a string, they just don't really have that because they haven't been able to get the reps with the same start and five ever this season. So I think was talking about as far as the two guys chipping out, right, they should check in first, then chip out and get out.
Speaker 4: My thing is protection is the number one thing, right.
Speaker 6: You can't worry about the run back getting out out of there so fast to be an outlet to the quarterback. If the quarterbacks on his back, it doesn't matter out on routes if the quarterback is literally on his back. So BIG's not gonna blitz, He's gonna show, right, He's gonna show blitz. And then maybe every once in a while, I remember he did this earlier in the year, right, he showed blitz. But then dropped the end and it still was only a four man rust and Rex Ryan stuarts all the time, Cad and cohu off the slot would come off the edge. So the Jets do need to be prepared for that because Vic Vangio, he's real strategic in when he does blitz right. He doesn't do it often, but he's gonna dial up when you least expect it. So the Jets have to be ready for that. So I think protecting is more important than getting people out on the route because even in zone coverage right, if you have time, guys will uncovered. Bart knows this, right. We always talk about the scramble drill. Everybody plastering on the backside. When we say plaster staying tight to your coverage. Eventually guys get dropped if you have a lot of time. And the thing is ball has to understand if you're throwing anywhere near Ramsey and you lay with the football, it's going the other way. He had another pick just this pas last weekend right undercutting the end breaking route. So you better not be laid on any in breaking routes because he's undercutting everything.
Speaker 3: I will go ahead.
Speaker 5: Bark, that's that's why I love the the the the split backs because the bats when they're split, they're going to be basically right inside the shoulders of the tackles. So now what happens. Also you can play with that and you can go into eye formation. And really the first team that really did this to us was the Buffalo Bills because we were blitch a lot. They were going to and they were going eye formation and they just fake the ball. And they have the two running backs that take the d N. So you got two on the d N and miss and they can fly the entire line, you know, to the right or to the left, based on who's who's who needs to help. But then that's that that back and still check out like Keith Miller used to do for Ben Roethlisberg, he'd be blocking, block and blocking. Ben Scrambler can't find nobody turn around. You lose people when they're engaged with blocking, you lose them. And if you miss your block, you just swing it become the automatic.
Speaker 1: All right, a couple things offensively, then I want to ask you a couple things about the defense here for the Jets, dudes, Breese Hall has been devastating as a pass catcher.
Speaker 3: When he gets in the open field.
Speaker 1: Number one is if I'm a defensive back, I don't want any part of that. And oh, by the way, those guys who are getting part of that, they are going down because he's such a powerful runner man. And then something that we talked about actually yesterday, what's the counter now? If the Dolphins are playing their squatting routes against Garrett Wilson, they got safety help over the top, what's the counter? What does Garrett need around him so he can get some space.
Speaker 6: They gonna do a lot more bunts formations, right, get rub browse, get guys on different levels. And also pre snot motion. I mean I remember earlier in the year they were motioning them a lot, not as much in these last couple of days. You just got to you got to motion them just to see what the defense is then. And then also I think Alan Lazard has to come to the party.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: If guys are sitting on routes, Bart, you know the slugs, right, we need to run double moves. I was screaming it at the top of my lungs during a Buffalo game. I'm like, they are sitting on hitches, stop routes and comeback routes the whole game because they had no respect of us throwing the ball down the field. Well, Bart, the way to get out of that is you hit a dB with a double move and that will break them up out of that. So I think that needs to be done this week in regards to getting boiled some easy throws. If you got to put Garret Wilson in some bunch sets, that way, you could push guys up and run him underneath, even if they do have a bracket up under him. Garrett Wilson has proven to be able to run away from the first guy, run him on some drag routes underneath.
Speaker 4: That way, Bull House easy outlet to go to.
Speaker 6: There was a play that I think Tony Romo broke down during the game where they pushed the two receivers up and they brought Xavier Gibson underneath. Right, They need to do some of that with Garrett Wilson. That way he can be a run and catch guy as well. And you talked about it, EA, I think that Breese Hall should get at least five or six targets out of the backfield the game. I mean, even if you split him out and they brought him on some drag route things. I like what Bart talked about the two back sets that could also be beneficial to the New York Jets. But I think Breecee Hall in the open field you talked about it. Linebackers don't want no part of that, and for sure DBS don't want any problems with that. Like you said, every time somebody made contact with him, they were down on the ground. Again, we're not saying we're enjoying injuries out there, but that's the physical nature of Breeze Hall. He just has to be a little bit more consistent in catching the ball. He's had a few drops the last couple of weeks, but they definitely got to get him the ball in the air out of the backfield.
Speaker 7: Jets fans, we're in our final push and the clock is ticking. Wind Bet is giving you a golden opportunity to win VIP prizes for the twenty twenty three season. The win Bet Green Room is the most exclusive space at the stadium with all inclusive food and beverage, lower level seats, and appearances by Jets legends and celebrities. New Jersey customers. All you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars on win bets sports book or casino. For New York customers, all you need to do is wager at least one hundred dollars on win bets the sports book. The best part you get an entry for every one hundred dollars you wager.
Speaker 1: Dudes, I wanted to ask you about the defense. Jets defense has been so good throughout the year. Obviously, the Bills laying at some paunches against them, and that was the first time I really saw the Jets defense in that kind of position.
Speaker 3: Are you worried about that?
Speaker 1: Not from the sense of physically what they're going to bring to the table, but the wear and tearror This is taken on them mentally because they haven't got to support elsewhere throughout the year.
Speaker 6: And that was the perfect word to use, thea mentally, right Bart We know this human nature is human nature, and at the end of the day, you do get frustrated, but you have to realize you have a job to do and you have to understand what the standard is like no matter what's going on the other side. And this isn't just ball speak or coach speak. Right If you want to be labeled as the top defense in football. Your job is if you have a blade of grass to protect, go out there and protect it. So Bart, you know this playing as long as we've played like, there's certain situations and the Dets have always been the tories for being a really good defensive team where you're not getting as much support on the other side, and what do guys do, Bart, They start reeling, right, they start trying to make plays that aren't plays to be made.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: You see guys trying to jump routes when they're not supposed to jump routes.
Speaker 6: We always had I think DT would always say make sure you always secure that back on before going at the ball, especially if you don't know you for sure can get the interception right. We saw that a few times. We saw with Brandon Echols, we saw with Saws Goner.
Speaker 4: And you get it right because you feel like you got.
Speaker 6: To go make a play to change things around. But when it's your time to make a play, just make the play that's required of you, right, don't live outside yourself. And again it's easier said than done. To your point, EA, when you feel like you're not getting the support on the other side of the ball, You're like, I gotta create a spark, right, But at the end of the day, just do your job and a play will come to you when you're supposed to make it. Perfect example, Josh Josh Allen and Josh Allen fashion almost threw one to us earlier in the game.
Speaker 4: When that comes to you, I believe on the out route to the left.
Speaker 6: You got to make those plays, right, And we also had I believe a strip and we didn't get the fumble. Like, those are the plays that we have to routinely make to turn things around in the game, right. So like the plays where you're trying to live outside yourself and try to make a Pro Bowl or all Pro play, you don't need to do that because those turn into exposive plays if you miss it.
Speaker 4: And that's what happened with the.
Speaker 1: Jetspar How difficult is that mental battle because the first play this game is a turnover and the Jets defense is on the field. The first Bill's possession fellas four plays minus nine yards. Quinn Williams comes up with a sack, and they played so well in the red zone early and then was like the damn finally broke in that second half.
Speaker 5: Well, the big issue is they're finally starting to miss al Woods. You know, they they're trying to get cute with the NASCAR package and they put Jermaine Johnson over there, and teams are just saying, Okay, we see this guy standing up at six ' five and I have a guard and he's standing up moving around. I'm just gonna have my guard fire off because he's gonna get to his chest. He won't be able to anchor and we can hit you. Either hand the ball off there or we do a quarterback draw. That's pretty much.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: They won't do that with two a tongue by low, but that's that's been an automatic check because that's a bandaged offense. No matter how good Jermaine Johnson is, he's not a guy that's built to be in there anchoring. So sometimes they're catching the Jets off guard because they do it with huff sometimes, who isn't a bigger guy. And listen, whenever a three hundred and twenty pound duke can roll off and you're standing up giving him your chest and your stern, they're going to do that.
Speaker 2: So they have to self scout and understand If you're going to.
Speaker 5: Do that, you better have a linebacker back there sitting in that gap ready to fire and come down hill because it's gonna be a quick hitting play.
Speaker 2: You got to those gaps up.
Speaker 6: Or also I would I would I like to change up and putting JFM in there and having him stand up and be the spinner guy, which I think to your point, Bart, you got to start mixing some of that things up because teams, like you said, are scouting, right, they they self scout, They scout what the Jets are doing, and they understand that Jermaine is setting up in there.
Speaker 4: This is a pass down. But if it's third and five.
Speaker 6: You know what, we maybe could hit a quarterback draw here and get a first down three five yards because we feel like with our guard, yeah, our guard, he's gonna knock Jermaine off the ball. And then especially if it's a scoop block, with a guard and tackle of working together, they can work to that linebacker that's off the ball, we can get an easy five year. So I think even moving JFM into that spinner package and having him stand up, I think that could be a nice little change up.
Speaker 1: What gives this week Tyreek Hill. He gets his against anybody. But with that being said, Saws, Gardner and DJ Reid have been outstanding this year. I mean, I'm watching that game in the first half, and yeah, Digg's finish was with about.
Speaker 3: Four catches but less than thirty yards receive it.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if Gave Davis played Fellas nothing against.
Speaker 4: Go ahead Bert.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, they're playing at a high level.
Speaker 5: You talk about the one mental laps and then you believe it was covered three and it should have been a white head down there and Saus try to come over and kind of save the day. You know, I understand it's gonna come down to those communications late in the game because teams are always gonna take their shots, especially a team like the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have about one or two shots called, you know, a quarter.
Speaker 5: So you gotta deal with eight shots, and you got to make sure that you communicate because if you try and double Tyreek Hill, you better make sure you put hands on him at the line of scrimmage because if you play off and let him a good opportunity to run. We've seen him split double team until put it up there and he runs and go get it, and you know you think you're gonna be flat footed if your white hand or somebody like that, that's not gonna work. You got to put hands on him and have help over the top. That means you got to stop stop the run with a light box, no eight hand, But that also means that you know Mustard, you know can they're going to have the advantage. And you know when you're you're trying to start with a six man box, you know you need your guy to be a player and a half. They can't just be one player. It's got to be a player in a half. Somebody has to win. You can't get up the field because it's going to create lanes. You got to make sure that you sit on the two gap, and you gotta understand you'll get the tour when you can't but moost people that are beaten to it. Has been able to keep him inside of the of the pocket. He's not a guy that can buy time for itself. And if the play is off timing, he doesn't know where to go with the football.
Speaker 2: He usually takes the sack, so you get sacks. Now with covered.
Speaker 5: Sacks, you're trying to get up the lang him opportunity to step up and get him a vision. Remember he's a shorter quarterback. He needs lanes to throw to as well through as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and if you look at our dvs more specifically saw in Dj Reed, they I've been playing at Pro Bowl level. You talked about Gave Davis and Stefan Diggs not really having a day.
Speaker 4: I think we really miss Michael Carter.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, secure Khalil's secure had a really big game against the but all of that, most of that happened on a one seventy plus yard catch and Bark alluded to that play earlier. Now you get you know Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Wattle coming into town, and you know this bar anytime as a dB, as a D line, as a linebacker, if there's a guy on the opposite side that has a name and people have been talking about him all week long, you want to stand up for the challenge, right. So I guarantee that Dj Reed and Salt Garner are looking for this challenge. And bar you talked about the shots down the field with Tyreek Hill. Sometimes it's not even the shots down the field. It's as simple in breaking routes. If you don't take the air out of Tyreek Hill in zone coverage.
Speaker 4: He will run past you. We saw him do it versus Raiders this last week.
Speaker 6: They were in a simple cover two and he ran past four dbs and scored a touchdown.
Speaker 4: So you got to take the air out of that.
Speaker 6: You got to condense some of that, and like you said, you got to be physical with him at the line of scrimmage just to throw off that timing. The thing about too with tongue of baaloa. He's accurate, right, but he throws with so much anticipation. But you have to throw off that timing by disrupting the receivers at the line of scrimmage. So we know in a game like this the Jets will have a plan for Tyree QB. The guy that you need to circle is Jalen Wattle, right, because he can be a game breaker as well with the speed he has. We'll see if a Chaine is able to go. I know they took him out of the game for precautionary issues. Supposedly, we'll see how heard he is. But Raheem Mostrid is a viable back that has speed as well and runs very physical. So we know that the Jets have been creased the last couple of weeks a little bit in the run game.
Speaker 4: They got to come to the party.
Speaker 6: As far as like Bart talks about having a light box, the big boys up front got to come to the party this week.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this podcast, subscribe, subscribe, rate, and review. Also, if you're watch it on YouTube, bang the like button and subscribe as well. Let's out here, fellas. Happy Thanksgiving to you in your respect to families. But for the Jets, this I believe will be their sixteenth quarterback in fifteen years to be starting a game here Friday against the Miami Dolphins. But if you're Tim boyle Man, this is every kid's dream, isn't it? Playing Thanksgiving? I mean, this is a fourth career start. But listen, when we were in the backyard playing, or Bart was playing in Detroit growing up, playing in that big Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Game.
Speaker 1: As far as your friends and families concerned, this is what we all talked about.
Speaker 3: This is what we all dreamed of playing on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: This is more special. This is an inaugural game. This has never happened before. He'll be a question on some sports show, who was the first person who's the first two quarterbacks started.
Speaker 2: Black Friday game. So this is a way to be immortalized.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, not putting limitation on Tim Boyle, but I don't think he's going to be a Hall of Famer, But you know, this is some way where he can be mortalized and be remembered in his game, especially if he plays well and he's the winning he's the winning quarterback.
Speaker 2: Nobody remembers the losers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in regards to Tim Boyle playing in this game, we saw how this team last year when Mike White came in, how they really galvanized on him. He has that opportunity to really have the team buy into him being the guy going forward.
Speaker 4: Right, And Ea, you talked about it.
Speaker 6: It's one game at a time, but even throughout what the Jets have been through, they're still in the thick of this thing, right, So you have an opportunity to vision foe if you're Tim Boyle, I mean for most of your career. We talked about it earlier, Right, it's had a negative touchdown the interception ratio.
Speaker 4: I mean, we know he has the big arm. Just go out there and let it lose, man.
Speaker 6: I mean this is an opportunity that who knows if you'll get another one like this, right, EA, to go out there, play loose.
Speaker 4: Literally all the.
Speaker 6: Pressures on the Miami Dolphins, right because now they're trying to keep pace with the Ravens and the Chiefs in regards to try to get it one seat, especially with the Chiefs losing last night.
Speaker 4: If you're tim boil like, they have all the pressure right they.
Speaker 6: Have to make the plays. Just go out there. I'm not saying live outside yourself. Don't be timid either. Just go out there and cut it loose.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 1: In Black Friday, Jet's going to be an all black so they will look sure up against
Speaker 3: The Dolphins, all right, fellas great stuff,