Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's Listener Q and day Time. We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 3: Listener Q and a Time. Mike D. What's up? Thanks for joining me in the day We are in part three, make sure you go check out part one. We talked about all kinds of updates, potentially, Mike D and his wife getting an animal, braces, friendship, our thoughts on podcasts, life, good stuff over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my leg is falling asleep.
Speaker 3: That's how intense Affir's uptod was.
Speaker 2: My leg falls asleep so easily, and I hate it. And it's always like in a weird situation where I'm like, all right, I need to move out of here, and then I try to walk away and I'm like, oh man, my leg's asleep.
Speaker 3: You're like, I can't. That dead leg feeling is not fun.
Speaker 2: Oh, and it starts to come back to life and you're walking and it's like.
Speaker 3: Uh, listen, Mike D. Right now. I went to a concert last night, So I currently have blisters in between my big toil and my foot on both feet.
Speaker 2: I always have some kind of blister on my feet.
Speaker 1: There is Oh, it's so annoying.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I think annoyings more of the world, Like they're painful when it first happens, and then you're just annoyed.
Speaker 2: It's because it's not like it doesn't hurt like a real injury, but it's nagging enough to where it's just like frustrating. Yeah, and you know, like it's a blister.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like and I'm like, pop it? What do I do? Okay, we're not gonna talk about that.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't pop it.
Speaker 2: I've been there before, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: I what is the number one movie you have watched but we'll never watch again? Morgan? Which show Kins?
Speaker 2: This is not me, by the way, It's not me that I'll never watch again. For the longest time, it was the first Joker movie, because when I saw that in the theaters, I loved it, and I didn't want to feel a different way about it. But I did rewatch it before watching the sequel.
Speaker 3: Oh and how did you feel? The second time?
Speaker 2: It was still just as good, But I still wish I didn't rewatch it. Really, it's not one of those movies you go back and like, ah, yeah, this is all It hits the same way. And it was also one of those movies that a lot of people say is overrated, and I didn't want to buy into people that saying it was overrated. I was like, no, I watched it. I loved it. One of my favorite movies of all time. Rewatching it, I'm like I could see a little bit why some people didn't enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Really. Yeah, I had started it, and it's one of the one movies I've never finished.
Speaker 1: Too dark.
Speaker 3: I think I wasn't in a place to watch it because it was so dark, and I was like, it wasn't because I didn't like it. I just was like, Okay, I need to come back to this at a different point. And then I just never went back to it. I want to say. I was like forty minutes in and I just stopped.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think most movies that I don't want to rewatch again are movies that people say are overrated. Like everything Everywhere, all at once was one that won a bunch of Oscars. Yeah, And whenever a movie gets a lot of attention like that, the people who watch it because of all that attention, they're like, it's overrated. And then I'm like, I don't want to go back and feel what I didn't feel the first time, and now that I've had this overrated mentality going into it, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Get a little jaden and it kind of excuse your vision of what you experienced the first time. That's fair. Mark from Tampa. What are some of your favorite indie movie theaters that you've been to?
Speaker 1: Ooh, this is a great question.
Speaker 2: In Nashville, I love the Bellcourt, which is a nonprofit and it's been here for like one hundred years, Okay, and that is if you come to Nashville and want to see a movie, like, that's the place to go. I've never seen a bad movie there because they don't traditionally carry like all the biggest movies, but they get a lot of the smaller, more independent movies. Like I'm really into foreign films and I go watch them there and you can see movies in every language. So I love supporting places like that. We became members there where essentially you pay like a monthly or yearly thing just to keep them afloat, and I'm like, cool, I'm a member there.
Speaker 3: That is cool.
Speaker 2: So I love That's probably my favorite movie theater in the entire country.
Speaker 1: I've been to.
Speaker 2: Other when I go and travel to other places and I have time to watch a movie, I will seek out independent theaters. Like when we're living in Los Angeles, I went to a lot of movie theaters there that were really cool and really small.
Speaker 1: So I try to seek those out.
Speaker 2: But as far as my favorite, it's definitely the one here in Nashville. One of mine that was in LA is since shut down, and I was pretty bummed about that, really, Yeah, because I mean it's it's hard for small theaters to stay afloat, and when I go, I try to like buy concessions and do the whole thing because that's how they make their money.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I need to go to the Bell Court. I've always seen. It's always so pretty and I've never been in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they do a lot of things where like they'll have people come in, like Nicole Kidman is a member there too, and she'll do events there all the time.
Speaker 3: Wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What movie would you never watch again? Even for money? Nancy and Kinderhook, New York.
Speaker 2: I think I will never watch for His Gump again. Oh, I think I've seen it too many times, Okay, And I take I think it's a movie that it is a lot of people's favorite movies so much so that it's like built itself so much that it can't quite possibly hold that reputation. And I also think we're kind of aging out of that being the best movie of all time. I think for the longest time it was like in the nineties, early two thousands, but there's been so many more great movies since, and I'm like, we got to move past Forrest Gump to keep going in the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. When did Forrest Gump come out?
Speaker 2: With the eighties or ninety nineteen ninety four, Okay, one of the greatest years in film of all time. I'm really like, I can pretty much tell you when any movie came out. If it's a big movie name a really obscure movie, that's harder for me. But as far as like all the big movies, I can pretty much identify the years just because I do a lot of like Oscar history of like when things were nominated for Best Picture, and ninety four just happens to be a huge year where Forrest Gump came out, Shawshank, Redemption, Lion King, Pulp Fiction, like all these, like Core these movies all came out in one year.
Speaker 3: That's crazy that was making me think too. For you, what is your favorite movie of all time, all time.
Speaker 1: All time?
Speaker 2: For the longest time, it was The Dark Night from two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: Such a good movie, and it's.
Speaker 2: So hard to not knock that one out because yes, it is a comic book movie, but it's so much more than that, and it just kind of changed the landscape of not only superhero movies, but of any movie on that scale. And I just can't quite push that one out of my number one slot because there have been a lot of great things in the last five years that I've really enjoyed, But I almost feel like you need a good ten years to put your movie as the best movie of all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: And it's like the only movie I can continuously go back and rewatch and still feel the same way about it. Like there's no overrating of that movie. If you it's a movie that I feel, you can't watch and say it's a bad movie. You can watch it and not like it, and that's understandable, but you can't say that's a bad movie. Yeah, and that's very rare.
Speaker 3: M H. I wonder what it has on Rotten Tomatoes. I've never looked.
Speaker 2: Let me see, I would assume at this point probably like it's low ninety two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it got knocked from that one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when it has so many ratings, it dips down a little bit. It is currently at a ninety four.
Speaker 3: So wow, that's insane. It is. I mean, Mike, that's my second favorite movie of all time.
Speaker 1: What's the first?
Speaker 3: You know, it's a ready player one, and I just have such an attachment to that movie for some reason, Like when I just first watched it, I think it brought all the genres that I love together, from sci fi to virtual reality, to love to comedy, like it just in pop culture. It was so blended of everything, and when I just watched it, I had such a cool experience that first time, and that's what I really associate it with. And now still when I ever I watch it, like if I see it on TV, I'm putting it on. It's just so good. I get like this enjoyment out of watching it. So something about that is attached to that movie for me. I don't know why, but is that is my first one.
Speaker 2: They're still like trying to make the sequel to that movie. It's like waiting for years. Oh that's the hard part about whenever they announce these movies, Like I have three movies I'm looking forward to and it's like it's all three years out. I don't know if I could wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, well it actually happened, because like, what's gonna happen in the world. Yeah, it's so tough. Should I run in the Nashville or Memphis Marathon? Love you guys, Stacey in Florida, Well.
Speaker 2: The Nashville one's coming up next weekend. Nashville is tough. I've done it twice. Nashville is a really tough terrain because it's so hilly and the way the course is here. You start downtown on Broadway and you start going downhill and you feel like, oh, this is easy. I'm gonna start running really quickly. I'm gonna crush this. But then immediately you turn one corner and it's uphill for like mile two to four, and it is brutal because you feel yourself one because that's when you have the most momentum when you first start. There's so many people cheering you on on the side, and you feel pumped and you start to over exert yourself. And that's where I struggle. That's why I'm not doing it again, really, because I struggle with the buying into the hype of everything, and by mile ten I've probably used way more energy than I should have, and I usually bonk out around mile twenty one, where it's like I'm I'm done. My legs are doing things they don't normally do by not moving.
Speaker 3: They're jello complete at this point because a mile is twenty six.
Speaker 2: Point five, twenty six point two, twenty six point two, and those point two you think it's not much, but it ends on. Those last four miles are the hardest four miles you'll ever do, so I would. I love the Nashville one because you go through literally the entire city, with starting downtown, going through like twelve South, which is a touristy area, now going through literally the entire city, so you see everything. It's just a tough terrain, so if you are prepared for that, if you don't hate running hills, I think it's a great one. The other marathon I did was in San Antonio, which is a lot flatter. I feel like I could do a lot better at that one now because it's not as crazy as a terrain m hm.
Speaker 1: And also the.
Speaker 2: Weather here when they do it in April, it can be hit or miss. It could be hot, it could be cold, it could be raining. So it's like it's not guaranteed if you're not used to running in different elements that you're gonna get great weather that day.
Speaker 3: You know what, It's true. They like when I think I've told you this story when I decided to pick rollerblading back up because I had done it all the time growing up in Kansas, Kansas's flat, enjoyed it. I love to add rollerblade my neighborhood all the time, No big deal. I try to roller relate in my neighborhood here in Tennessee. And I broke my tailbotte than five minutes because it's so hilly here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very hilly, and.
Speaker 3: It's so unexpecting, like you don't realize it when you're driving or even kind of walking. But man, if you're doing any other activity besides those things, and.
Speaker 2: They're long, big hills where you're going uphill for a long time. I have run in Memphis two before, and it is more it's flatter there. But I ran by the river and it was very muggy and humid. Okay, so that was tough terrain as well as far as like I would rather run hills than running in humidity and just like because that gets me more because then it just feels like I'm running with the sweater on and it's like in my lungs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you gotta kind of pick your battle which one you're able to run the best in.
Speaker 2: I would love to run the Chicago Marathon because that course looks awesome, or the New York one because that just that's crazy to see the distance it goes and like how many cool things you can see m m. But I think it's harder to get into that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't you have to like win your way in.
Speaker 2: To I don't know if you have to qualify for the New York one. I think it's very selective on how you get in. Like the Boston one is really.
Speaker 1: Tough, Okay?
Speaker 3: Is the Boston one like the hard one?
Speaker 2: Boston is like the original marathon, like you have. I think for my age group, I would have to qualify by running a sub three hour marathon. Holy crap, and my best time was a three thirty eight. I'm like, how would I shave off.
Speaker 3: Thirty Yeah, holy crap, how would I.
Speaker 2: Shave off thirty eight minutes just to qualify? And I think you could have that time and still not get in, So that one's really tough.
Speaker 3: That's insane. Also, both of them are insane, like that that's a qualify, But also you run that many miles in three hours and thirty minutes. I run one mile like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: It's just crazy to see like the different paces where you see somebody running like a six and a half mile pace, like it doesn't look that much faster, but when you like think they're doing that for a long about time, how much it adds up.
Speaker 1: That's hard to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh, that's crazy. Okay, I need to go work out. We break, we'll be at d What was the hardest part in the beginning of your weight loss journey and what did you do to hold yourself accountable?
Speaker 2: Joshua I would say the hardest part was the times I'd failed before I try to go all in quickly where it was like, Okay, I'm gonna stop eating sugar, I'm gonna stop eating all these things that are bad for me. I'm gonna stop drinking beer and I'm gonna start working out at the same time, and it caused me to be miserable. So that hardest part was me telling myself that it wasn't gonna be instant and I think that's why I struggled so much, because I was like, Okay, I'm gonna do this for two weeks and I need to see results. It doesn't happen that way. It takes at least a month for you to even feel better, and probably three months for you to even really notice like a major difference, probably for to six months that other people start to notice. And it's not Yeah, it's not easy and it's not instantaneous, and I think that's why a lot of people give up on it, because you feel yourself working so hard every day, trying to eat right, trying to exercise, and you're like, I'm not seeing any results. It'd be easier just to go the other way, which I failed many times by doing that. So I think the hardest part was getting over that and telling myself that I have an ultimate goal that I want to reach and I have to stop focusing on looking at the scale all the time and feeling like I'm not making progress and just.
Speaker 1: Look at the bigger picture.
Speaker 2: So for me, it was getting over that and just finding little ways to improve myself instead of trying to do all these major things all at once.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm. That's really good advice, Mike, because gosh, that bigger picture it's tough, especially when you like really just want to feel better and do better. That's hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think it's just telling yourself, like giving yourself an ultimate goal that you're working towards and stop thinking so much about like I need this to happen now.
Speaker 3: That's really good. How many miles you typically run in a day, Tanya and Chicago, we kind of talked about it, But.
Speaker 2: In a day I run three times a week. I'll do my long run on Sundays, which is usually in the twenty mile range.
Speaker 3: You're wild, You're wild then, and then.
Speaker 2: When I run during the week the other two days, I'll do like ninety minutes, and that's usually like ten to eleven miles night.
Speaker 3: I'm done. I'm not even gonna try and put that in my brain. That's insane, okay, but also awesome, Like that's so cool that you can do that.
Speaker 2: So usually I hit like forty to forty two miles a week is.
Speaker 1: Usually what I do.
Speaker 3: I don't even think I hit forty two miles walking. I don't think I get off my couch enough to walk that far.
Speaker 2: And the way I see it is like I follow other TikTokers who are like running influencers, and they like run eighty miles, and I'm like, I do like half.
Speaker 1: Of that, So I think that's the whole perspective.
Speaker 3: That so like. So for you, you're like, oh, half. For me, I'm like none. You're like you're there because there.
Speaker 2: Are some people who are like real runners who run every day and that's how you hit eighty miles a week. I'm like, I couldn't. I couldn't do that like I need to. I also get bored of doing the same thing every day, so that's why I try to break it up. Like I'll run, I'll do some weight training, which is an also big part of running, of like strengthening your legs, which I think is important to avoid injury. So I had to go back and forth between doing different things otherwise I'll get bored. I couldn't run every day, I'd go crazy.
Speaker 3: Listen, this is also why I had your your back in the fight, Like every underestimating I was like, no, I've seen my dear at the gym.
Speaker 2: I think that's the thing for me is like when it comes to anything, whether it's lifting weights, whether it's running, whether it's like some boxing that I do, Like, I'm not going to be the best at it, but I'm going to be the one who keeps showing up and is relentless about it.
Speaker 3: And that is a huge important part to be able to find a battle. So I had your back. Nobody believe me though, and then I had to ultimately choose Bobby Siver. Sorry, but I did.
Speaker 2: Have you back.
Speaker 3: Everybody else didn't listen to me. They're like, now, Mike, I was like, yeah, I know. If you had to work with someone else from the show the way you work with Bobby, who would you pick?
Speaker 1: Hmmm. I think it would be you.
Speaker 2: I figured.
Speaker 3: I feel like you and I have very similar work style.
Speaker 2: We're so similar in the way that we know how to accomplish the goal. I think we approach things very similarly. I think also we're both so structured in the area of.
Speaker 1: Multitasking mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Or I think if there was a draft of who to take from the show. I think I would take you.
Speaker 3: You would be my first victor. Mike, Like I was thinking about that with that question. I was like, yeah, it would be Mike, like we just we get a lot done. You and I together would be like if we have the same thing that we have to accomplish, like you give us a barometer of like ten tasks against other people, Mike and I would dominate.
Speaker 2: Because the way I look at it is who is the best at hitting a deadline? Because that's all this job is is deadlines. Like no matter what it is, there's some kind of deadline on it. Yep, ticking clock always is always just looking at the minutes, whether we're alive, whether we're doing other things, that's all it is. I'm like, I take you, yep, like a you know what.
Speaker 3: People won't take us on the island or in fights, but like we got each other, Yeah, it's okay. Which one of us would knock Lunchbox out first? Lauren?
Speaker 1: I think you.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I haven't boxing a long time. Mike. I honestly think it would be you.
Speaker 2: But I feel like you would have more to prove in that situation. That is true where I wouldn't. I don't think I would go into it as fiercely as you would to start. So I think you would get there first because you would hear all the trashies there's been like him just saying like there's no way of that happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I feel like you would have that drive in you to want to knock him out quickly. And I feel like that would be your tactic too, of like you don't want to go into it too for too long. You want to get in there, get it done, and knock him out.
Speaker 3: That is true, because the more he talk some more is just gonna put me off. You know. You convinced me of myself that is probably true. But I do think you could take him easily, like yeah, no shot, So I believe.
Speaker 2: I believe I feel it in me too.
Speaker 3: If you could put anything good or bad on the wheel, what would it be, lindsay in Virginia?
Speaker 2: Oh good or oh? I've had a lot of ideas for the wheeling and don't.
Speaker 3: Get yeah, I've seen some of them come through or like in rejected tagments, I'm like, dang, Mike, you were really throwing up to the wolves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I would like I like the idea of somebody having to shave lunchbox.
Speaker 3: I don't like that idea, as you sa.
Speaker 1: He said it of like every part of his body.
Speaker 2: Like I know, I think he's the waxing thing, but like to shave his head, to shave his eyebrow, to shave every part of his body, I think would be hilarious.
Speaker 1: And like his legs.
Speaker 3: There's just like totally hairless. Yeah, because I look like the naked more from Impossible.
Speaker 2: I think those things are funny, but I also think it's like, oh, you gotta go home at the end of the day. That's like really altering somebody's life.
Speaker 3: That is true. That is going to be him with his syphilis hat and T shirt. Do you think he's actually gonna wear it in public? Though I know he has to, but like, do you think he actually is.
Speaker 2: Going to I think he finds a way not to go in public. Yeah, he'll just stay, or he'll he'll find some loophole, like he's all about loopholes. Yeah, so he'll wear the shirt but wear like a hoodie over it, or he'll wear the hat backwards or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is true. And to your point, if you shave him like, you can't hide that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: You live with it.
Speaker 3: This is there until all girls.
Speaker 2: I think I would also like to put everybody's name on the wheel and we do like a credit card roulette where it's like everybody's name is on there. Whoever it lands on has to take everybody out for breakfast or lunch or something.
Speaker 3: I love that. I think it'd be awesome except Lunchbox yesterday when we were doing all the amy stuff with the basketball and I was like, you think she'd win. He's like, no, but as soon as she does it, she has to buy his breakfast. I'm gonna order one thing off of the entire every single thing off the menu. So like, then you have people.
Speaker 2: Like Lunchbox, Yeah, who would abuse it?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm like, so you'd also buy meals for your kids.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh yeah, but imagine if it landed on him. Oh, it'd be so funny and gets the most. I would order meat, even though I don't eat meat.
Speaker 3: Just so it would be more expensive, like the seventy five dollars steaks or whatever.
Speaker 2: The most expensive thing on the menu.
Speaker 3: Please, I know you don't know steaks for breakfast but taken eggs please. Oh that's funny. Hey, I like these ideas. I'm here for it, but don't put me on for shaving mouth bonny. I'm good on that one. The credit card for let.
Speaker 2: Let's do it or dying hair would be good too.
Speaker 3: That would be an experience for sure, all of you guys, because you do have your hair grows faster. You do that to my hair likes, I'm stuck for like life.
Speaker 2: That's true. I think having all the guy and Eddy didn't have hair.
Speaker 3: So what would you do if it was like temporary hair where it's just like a weekend because there is temporary hair dye? I would do that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you could do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would do that. I've thought about it. There's sometimes where I wouldn't put little pink streaks in my hair. I never did though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be much of a punishment for me. I've dyed my hair before.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was gonna say, like you had, like your punk face, I probably were dying it, but for.
Speaker 2: Like lunchbogs, you would hate it.
Speaker 3: It'd be funny, all right, Michael, thanks for being here, Thanks for answering all the questions and all that good stuff. You want to tell the people where they can see you find you, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can listen to my podcast movie Mike's Movie Podcast. You can follow me on Socials, Mike Distro on Everything Nice, and go.
Speaker 3: Subscribe to the Bobby Bone Show YouTube page. Eddie myself in Unfortunately Lunchbox. We'll all make some money off of that. And I say unfortunately because I still don't quite understand why he is in it. But it's fine, it's fine, and yeah, that's all I got. Okay, Mike, dy have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: Wait, what would your what would you do in this scenario if y'all hit it? Would you each take the money or play the game for the thirty five hundred?
Speaker 3: No, listen, I love a game, love a game. I'm not playing games with you, guys. No, I know you all too well.
Speaker 2: You don't feel like you would know even if it's like a game where everybody has like it's not trivia, it's it's something skill based that anybody could win.
Speaker 3: No, because I have, I have been on the show long enough, just as you just have. With Lunchbox. Eddie and Lunchbox both find loopholes. I don't trust them.
Speaker 2: I feel like I would want to find something that would give everybody a chance that nobody would have an advantage, no loopholes. If you could find that, would you be open to it.
Speaker 3: I'd be open, but I'd still be skeptical because I.
Speaker 2: Know show I know those seriously. Is that I feel like I would also just take the guarantee. Yeah, because it's it's like all that work for nothing, but to the extra taking it all.
Speaker 3: I know, I hear you, but you know, not very often you get offer one thousand dollars from Bobby, so like sometimes you just take it aware you can get it, and that happened. But we'll see TBD. Okay, if you can find something with zero loopholes and there's no way anybody has an advantage, I'm open. I'm open, okay because I got some good luck, but I also have really.
Speaker 2: Bad luck sometimes, so I'll start making a list of things.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bye, everybody.
Speaker 1: Bye. That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 2: Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 1: Platforms and follow ed web girl Morgan to
Speaker 2: Submit your listener questions for next week's episode.