Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, So a lot of people asks us how do they make a podcast? So I'm let you on a secret on the easiest, most productive way to start a podcast and get it up and running, and that is the app called anchor is free. They have all kinds of cool creation tools that allow you to record and edit your podcast right from your phone a computer. They will distribute your podcast for you to all of the major outlets including Spotify, Apple, Google, manymore, and you can make money from your podcast with no minimum listenership. It's everything you need to make a podcast in one simple, easy place. So if you're interested in starting a podcast, go download the free Anchor app or go to anchor dot fm to get started.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being forced BACKDROPSP.
Speaker 5: What's going on? What's going on y'all? Y'all back?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: How you doing today?
Speaker 5: We're doing great, We're doing great?
Speaker 3: My god, what's going on?
Speaker 7: We got a very special young lady, uh that everybody's been wanting to talk to.
Speaker 5: Everybody's been dying to talk.
Speaker 7: To her, and so we're very fortunate and very lucky to have her here with us tonight in e y l university shots.
Speaker 5: Everybody on YouTube that's checking in as well.
Speaker 7: It's Ashley Scott. She's a star on her own right, I'm telling you. Ever since we put out that episode, man, everybody was like, who is that young lady? She is amazing? And I said, yo, man, wait to you to see you in person, y'all gotta really see the energy that she come with. I mean this energy from the second you meet her to the second she leaves your presence.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: And so we, like I said, we are very fortunate to have you and glad you could be here with us tonight.
Speaker 6: I'm super glad to be here with you, guys. Like just whenever I get to be in your a King's presence, it's just a pleasure, honor. So I'm really glad to have the ear of your audience tonight and to share what I'm learning, what I know, and all the great good things that are happening. So I'm excited.
Speaker 7: And as I mean, we're not just we should mention that you are part of eyl University yourself.
Speaker 6: I am a part of EYL University. I am a learner. I don't play like I'm an earner and a learner. So I'm a part of EYL University. I was back there and my classes the other day listening to Doug talk about being the general contractor. I was listening to Chris Cinical talking about buying back the block. So I was in there getting my life the other day, like okay, and I'm like, if the way they brought it, I knew I had to come bring the fire tonight. So I said, let me get myself together, make sure I got these things.
Speaker 3: For the people.
Speaker 7: Hey, man, I might have to help, so being a learner and an earner, I might have to trade.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 8: Ass Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is gonna be good. This is I'm extremely excited. Thank you, thank you for joining us. And yeah, anybody wondering why me and Troy aren't together, it's the first time they ever probably saw us not together. It's blizzard. It's a blizzard in New York right now. So I stayed home and he's in the studio. But uh rain sleep snow or hell, eyl will deliver. We will never let you down. So this is something that's extremely, extremely exciting because I feel like we talk about real estate a lot, but not a lot of people have, you know, the experience that you guys have as far as like buying land and like surveying the land and developing the land, and that's that's a whole that's a whole situation, a whole vibe within itself.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited to have this conversation.
Speaker 8: I know Choy is excited to have this conversation, and I'm sure everybody that's in.
Speaker 3: Attendance is excited to have a conversation as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm excited to have it. I'm still going through a lot of the phases of development. It's a lot of planning. It's not a Bilin and then tomorrow you got a city, you got a subdivision built. It's a process. So I'm really excited to talk with everybody today about that process, how they can get started, where they can find land, and then of course to answer all of the questions that I'm sure folks have. So you know, I'm ready to get started.
Speaker 7: Whenever you yeah, I mean, so ask the Flora is yours, your co host, and so whenever you feel like you can, let me just let.
Speaker 8: Me just let me just get the rundown before she starts. So welcome to Welcome to everybody. This is a special edition of Euil un University. So what we do once a month if you're not familiar, So we have an educational platform called Eyo University, which we are honored that actually is a member of Eile University, and we do weekly webinars on a variety of different topics, so everything from cryptocurrency to real estate to pretty.
Speaker 3: Much anything you pick it, and we do.
Speaker 8: We bring experts in the fielding and they do webinars and it's a classroom style format, so they teach for about a half an hour forty minutes something like that, and after that it's question and answer. We open up for question answers for like twenty thirty minutes and it's really dope. People get a lot of value. It's obviously a way more intimate setting than YouTube, and it's a way to actually learn and actually interact.
Speaker 3: A difference from the podcast.
Speaker 8: With the podcast is obviously tremendous, but the podcast, somebody's like just telling the story and you're listening to it, where with the classes you actually get to actually engage with the people, ask quesquestions, They have slides, PowerPoint presentation, so it's more of a classroom type setting. So once once a month we open it up to the public on YouTube and this is called our open enrollment. So the open enrollment is like you get to just see, you know, for yourself, and if you're interested in joining, great, If not, then you just get free information.
Speaker 3: So this is this is this will be the last.
Speaker 8: Week of Eyo University for the year because we're taking our winter break after this after this week is over. But this week we have a class that we have orientation for all new members. We have orientation tomorrow at seven pm. Just to kind of navigate you through the website because what happens is that there's over seventy I think there's seventy three past webinars, so they get archives, so every single week you get archived on the website Euyouniversity dot com. And then we have a Facebook group, We have a movie club, we have a book club, we have accountability groups.
Speaker 3: So it's a lot of stuff going on.
Speaker 8: So it's kind of hard to navigate, but it's not an investment is the actual university. That's why we call it Eyo University because we really really want the top spot as far as educational platforms like Phoenix University, we really want to take them out and become the household name when it comes to education. So being that is the case, this is actually the last week of Eyo University as we know it.
Speaker 3: We're ending. We're ending this part of eyle University.
Speaker 8: We look at it like this is undergrad and starting next week, we're going to start our graduate school program.
Speaker 3: The graduate school program, we're getting more organized.
Speaker 8: So we have a professor series where we're bringing in the top requested professors that taught classes. So now instead of just doing one off classes, they're going to teach four classes a year, So once a season they're going to teach a class. So Miss Business is going to teach about taxes, ash cash, financial literacy, Sabine Purpose Attorney, she's going to talk about all legal matters. Brandon Wolfs want to talk of about real estate, Quentin Martin is going to talk about investing, Kwame Uncle, variety of different business topics. And we got the credit through coming in and talk about credit. So once once UH semester, once every three months, we're going to bring the professor back and then we're also we're also going to have a trade program, so we're going to have at least one class a season for a trade. So that'll be like hvac or that'll be flooring, because we understand that, you know, you got to learn a variety of different things. You just can't learn one particular thing, so h FLAG flooring. You know, we'll figure it out, but we're going to have one trade class a month, and then we're also starting a woman's initiative inside to empower women.
Speaker 3: So it's great, it's great. It's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 8: So I think I got to say shout out to our whole entire team. You know, we're really moving forward with Janet. We hired our first full time employee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hold on, can we get some fire moojis in the chat for Janet? Can we do that? Because Jen is amazing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Shot, the Janet were now.
Speaker 5: And that's he's our first employee.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a great it's a great story.
Speaker 8: A black woman that was working for Fidelity making making a nice amount of money for Fidelity, and she was a member of Eyo University and just showed a great initiative. So you know, we practiced what we preached, grew economics empowerment. We were able to take her from Fidelity, we were able to match her pay, and we hire her as a full time employee for Eyo University. So we're taking this serious. It's not like just a random thing that we just put together. Like we really investing a lot of money, time and energy into Eyo university and in twenty twenty one, we're really, really, really going to make a strong, strong push to make it uh the premier learning experience for business, not just investing business period, all forms of the business. And we really want, you know, our thing to be as big as Harvard, Yale or any other these institutions. So yeah, so we are running a last minute sale being at what I just said.
Speaker 3: We invested a lot of infrastructure, so it's changing.
Speaker 8: So the price is actually doubling starting next week, but we're grandfathering anybody that wants to join, So now we're running a forty percent off core and all of that. The price right now forty percent off is forty four hundred dollars for the entire year, and everybody that's been grandfathered in, like if you paid ninety nine dollars, your grandfathered in. So that's the great part is like the price only goes up not because we're being greedy, because we're actually investing in it.
Speaker 3: We have we're looking to hire two more people.
Speaker 8: Probably in twenty twenty one, so this has turned into a whole operation. So if you're interested, the price will be doubling next week. But right now it's forty percent off with Code Freedom for tonight. I'll put it in a chat COLDE Freedom. We'll talk about it more a little bit later, but that ground rules. So actually, let's get.
Speaker 5: Hold on shot. What's that?
Speaker 6: Because I like Code Freedom.
Speaker 5: I mean that was super attentioning.
Speaker 7: There's one more thing that you didn't say, man, and that is we also are recognizing some of the people that are in our community. So we also are handing out awards to our top earners, and we actually went through that process this week. So I just want to give a huge shout out to our top earners. And that's people that are just coming into the community and just saying like, I want to add value anyway I can. I want to add value, and so shout out to our top earners. The five people that we are recognized this week were Angelo, Tina, Liz McIntosh, and King none other than our man, King Arthur Man. So we appreciate all that you have done to help grow this community, and we look forward to acknowledging and recognizing so many more people that are just out here just killing it as earners.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you greatly for sure.
Speaker 3: So yeah, actually the floor is yours.
Speaker 6: All right, let's run it. I'm super excited, so earners, I'm gonna go ahead and share my screen and don't talk about me. I probably got a hunt absolpen busy. Okay, Well, thank you so much everybody for joining me tonight, for building intentionally how to buy land, develop it and eventually build the city. Because the name of this thing changed like three times. Thank you, Troy. He just sent out a million email blasts with different titles to it. But yes, I.
Speaker 3: Heard, I heard, I heard.
Speaker 8: We have a prestigious alumni in the building, none other than styles P himself. If you're wrapped in from a legendary group to lock so Styles, I guess it's interested in learning about developing land and buying land. So you never know who might pop up in these situations. Shout out to styles now a legend, a legend where we come from, for sure.
Speaker 6: Absolutely alumni at that and an alumni yes, so thank you for being in the class today, styles P, and then all the rest of you know, I'm sure all of us are illustrious guests in somewhere other and so we appreciate all of you guys for being here. You guys got me back on the screen. All right, let's do this so building intentionally, how to buy land, development and eventually build this city. That's what we're gonna get into tonight, y'all. Uh disclaimer, because what I do recognize is that we got earners from around the world. So what I need for you all to understand is that the things that I'm going to teach in this master class are going to not be the same in every state. So the most important thing that you can do with any information that you get is to research it for yourself, to get an expert in your area, whether that be a real estate agent, a legit business consultant, business strategists, and of course a lawyer, someone that you can trust. Is always good to have a lawyer stay lawyered up. So that's my disclaimer for tonight that these principles, these strategies, these things I'm gonna teach you, they are definitely probably applicable to what it is you need to do in your neck of the woods. But you have to find out for yourself if that thing that I teach or say tonight is going to have the same precedence in the areas in what you plan on building and investing in so now that that side of the way. I'm Ashley Scott. I am a realtor based in Stonecrest, Georgia. I am the vice president of the Freedom Georgia Initiative. If you do not know my story, I am My good friend Rene Walters purchased ninety six points seventy one acres of land just outside of Tombsboro, Georgia, a little sleeping town that went viral over the summer after we had the unfortunate events of George Floyd being murdered, amaled Aubrey being murdered Red Sharp Brooks. All of the energy that we have been dealing with around social justice issues made that article go viral and it caught my friend Renee's attention, and her being an entrepreneur a visionary herself, said, you know what, if we're gonna make change, we need to look at this town. And so she brought that to me. We went to an open house, we visited, we did our due diligence, and we decided to invest in building our own community and building a community that is intentionally created to serve and meet the needs of black families and black businesses. To try to create a replicatable model for other families to buy land and to create for themselves the kind of community that they deserve to live in. So the Freedom Georgia Initiative is just getting started. We purchased our land July twenty twenty, so that's been less than six months. I myself, as a realtor, have been a realtor for just over two and a half years, and I've been in marketing for over ten years now. I have a company called the Mobile Maidens. I'm a wife, I'm a mom, I'm an entrepreneur, I'm a leader at heart. I am a proud HBCU graduate. Shout out to Bennett College for Women and all of my ben at bells. Shout out to my sorority sisters of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated. And that's me in a nutshell. I am very civically engaged and always working toward a progressive realization of a worthy ideal. So it's time to buy land. Y'all for building more intentionally. Everywhere you look, it's clear that there's a lot of concerns. We've got COVID concerns. We don't know whether or not we are going to get over this hump. People are concerned about density and about how quickly the virus can spread because it's so highly contagious. And what we know is when you're talking about a highly contagious pandemic, it is going to have a bigger impact on dense areas. So we have to look at our housing situation as a whole when it comes to public our health and as a public health issue. Not only that, we've got climate change happening. We got wildfires in California and Oregon that is actually dictating relocation and trends. People are, you know, literally looking at relocating not just for climate change, but because of affordable housing. We're in the midst of an affordable housing crisis. We have more buyers than we have sellers at the moment, so this market and all of the conditions around it, we are going to probably see a huge influx of even.
Speaker 3: We have sellers at the moment.
Speaker 6: So this market and all of the conditions over and food insecurity, land is the direct opportunity to solve that problem. We gotta buy land. Social injustice, we have been facing high crime, high policing, and it creates a cycle of prison industrial complexes and until we buy land and change how the structures of our communities actually look, we are going to continue to see social uprising and social injustice. We have to change what community looks like to really have an impact on how we prison and police our communities, health disparities, this pandemic. Again, the reason why certain demographics were disproportionately affected by COVID is because of our lifestyles. We don't walk enough, you guys. We're not living in well being. We're not spending time and outdoors forest bathing. You probably don't even know what forest bathing is, but look it up. I promise you you are.
Speaker 5: Going to come back to that.
Speaker 6: You will enjoy forest bathing. Right, So, buying land is genuinely a way and a me means for us to intentionally create a better world. So that's why I'm so passionate about this, and I want to get into my little five step outline of building intentionally. So when I'm gonna cover this evening is the land, the team, the money, the build, and the charter. I'm not gonna go very deeply into the charter because you know that's a whole lot, but I am gonna touch on it just a bit but let's get started with a bit of insight before I start about But if we're going to talk about developing land, we're gonna talk about buying, buying back the block. We have to have a bit of insight, a bit of strategy when we talk about group economics, we have to really have a mindset shift. So one of the things I want to just get us kind of positioned with one. I hope you got a notebook. If you don't go get it, because it's about to be some note taking moments coming. Okay. If you don't leave with nothing else tonight, If you have no intention on buying any kind of land whatsoever, if you don't know if you'll ever develop any pieces of land, if you don't want to even consider living in community, or buying and building the block, any of that, take this with you tonight. There are seven seven habits of highly effective people. And for you to be able to actually see something as magnet, something as big as buying land, developing it into a subdivision, into a mixed use project, into a full blown community, an eco village, whatever it is that your heart is desiring to do with the land that you want to purchase, you're going to have to have some insight and some strategy, and your disposition in life is going to allow you to be more successful versus less successful in this person suit, because it will be easy to fail, and really to give up is what happens. You don't really fail, You give up when you get so many challenges. So if you don't have the right insight, the right strategy, you're going to give up when those challenges come. So I want to talk about these seven habits first before we get into the class, because I think mindset has everything to do with building land and buying land and developing land and eventually building a city. Right, So number one, be proactive, period poop. Begin with the end in mind. Beginning with the ending mind is essential in buying land and developing it. If you don't start with the end in mind, you're going to lose your shirt. You're not going to have an exit strategy, you're not going to be able to actually manifest the actual benefits, the profits, the things that you wanted from your land. If you don't start with the end in mind, put first things first. You can't tackle everything at once, and your core values and the end that you have in mind, that ultimate result that you want, whether it's some sum of money, whether it's a community that it's intentional and loving and thriving, whether it's creating a space and a place where your children feel safe, and then you can pass it down as an inheritance. Put first things first, because when you come up with challenges, if you remember those things that are priorities to you, you won't allow the challenges, the petty arguments, the things that will happen with contractors and permitters and all of the different things that go on. You won't let it deter you, and you won't get caught up on things that easily beset you because you know what the in mind is and you put that first thing first. Right Four, Think when when you're not going to be able to develop a piece of land unless you have a win win attitude, a win win mindset. It's not just what's in it for me, and it's never a sum zero game. When you're talking about when when it doesn't look like I beat this guy and that guy's a loser. You can't negotiate that way and you can't build community that way. You have to have a win win mindset of I get something. My brother gets something, I get something. My contractor gets something. I get something, my county gets something. I get something, my economic development authority gets something. It's a win win for everybody. Seek first to understand, then to be understood before you go rah rah rah. Make sure that you understand why things are happening in the fashion of which they're happening. It could be something that came up in your build or your project that was unforeseeable. So to understand first is always a great practice when you're talking about going through this path of buying and developing land, and then to be understood. Make sure that you are speaking up for yourself, that you are keeping your core principles and the core values of your project in mind. With the people you are working with. Synergize. Look for ways that allow things to get momentum, to work together seamlessly, strategic partnerships, people who are just a good fit. I have some great stories that I don't even have time to share, but anybody that we have brought onto our Freedom Georgia Initiative project has had good synergry and with very strategic about never working with somebody we don't like, we don't want to look at or that we think is not going to have to share the common goal, because if I'm going to do business with you, I want to make sure I feel good when I'm doing that business. And when you're doing the business of buying land and developing it. You're going to be in business with a person for a long time, at least eighteen to twenty four months, and you want to make sure that there's synergy with the partners and the consultants and the contractors and the people you choose on your journey. Sharpen the saw always I personally develop yourself, personally develop your team, find new innovative information in ways to do things. So keep that strategy in mind. It will serve you for what I'm getting ready to teach tonight. It will serve you if you get off the YouTube right now, take it with you, Okay. And that was Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. That's one of the books. That is my suggested refe by Stephen Covey. Let's get into it the land. I'm going to talk about why buy land. We're going to discuss world versus urban, the process, best features, and things to avoid. Just so you can see in the corner over there. That is my little land that I have purchased with my good friends and family, And that was our first event, the big Black camp out, So you're getting to get a little glimpse of where we are beginning. Our developments got beautiful views, and I just love it every time I go. Why buy land, Well, raw land investments are typically less competitive than residential real estate in the market right now. I don't know if any of you guys are in the market, maybe looking to buy a home, and you have been putting offers on houses over and over and over again, and it's like every time you look, you're missing out on a chance to get the home of your dreams. You might be an You're putting in offers and offers, and all of your offers are getting passed up because it's a seller's market. Inventory is really low, particularly where I am in my market of Atlanta, Georgia, because interest rates are just so low and this pandemic makes people uncertain about where they may move and where they might want to go. They aren't putting their homes on the market. So we've got a whole lot of buyers, but not a lot of sellers. So that's creating an artificial inflation of the prices in the market at the moment. So we really can look towards land investments as a major opportunity, especially when we look at these relocation trends, to be able to purchase a piece of land and develop it to really address this affordable housing crisis and to make yourself some money. Again, it's less competitive than residential real estate when you buy land. Sellers of raw land investments are a little more likely to be able to finance through owner finance. And now I'm gonna touch a little bit more on that when we get to the money section. Purchase price and holding costs are lower with rawland. So that's something that a lot of times we look at as real estate investors are holding costs over time, especially if you are someone who does birds and buys and holds, you're gonna want to you have higher holding costs, insurance and taxes and all of the things that you have to maintain when you're holding an actual piece of real property if you buy land as an investment and don't develop it but simply hold it, especially if it's in a location that's trendy, a location that's likely to appreciate in value over time. That is an exceptional piece of property that can then generate a profit for you, a return on your investment, and you can just hold it for time and hopefully it does become the next place for gentrification or revitalization and you're able to have that money that might have been sending in the bank turn into a chance to sell the property or develop the area and build a home and sell it for a large price. So that's the value of purchase price and holding costs that are lower. We're all land the appreciation potential. I think I just mentioned that the appreciation potential can remain high even with less than stellar market conditions, which is where we are now. You can buy a piece of land for affordable price right now, hold it, and then when this wealth transfer finishes, you might be able to have a nice return on appreciation on your land. There are countless development opportunities for the raw land. There is not just developing the land. You can put trees on the land and sell the lumber. You can create Airbnb experiences. You can rent the land out for cultural events and festivals. There is farming. You can lease the land. You can do so many things with ray land. The only limit is your imagination. If you notice at the bottom fine land on www dot landslip dot com, go visit landflip dot com. When you finish this masterclass, start doing your research, Start seeing where the land is cheap, start seeing where people are look for trends where people are moving to, and then go look at buying land in those areas. Google is your friend rural versus urban. There are I like rural land. That's just me. You're gonna find more rural land available at larger acreages at more affordable prices than you will in urban areas. Urban areas have all the conveniences we already know. It's close to the walmart, it's close to the jobs, it's close to all the things, the nightlife, the stuff you love. But there's setbacks to both sides of the fence. You again, beginning with the end in mind, have to have clarity on what it is you want to do with your investment, what it is you want to accomplish once you purchase your land. If you're interested in purchasing land in an urban area, you definitely want to find something that's going to be in a trendy area. That doesn't have a lot of zoning and ordinances, But be mindful that you need to check the zoning and ordinances when you invest in purchase urban land, because when you're an urban land is land that is inside of a major metropolitan area. For those of you who are like, what do you mean by that, So, if you're looking at a place like Metro Atlanta and even the little city surrounding it like Decatur and Smyrna, those are urban areas with high density, lots of traffic, and typically there's more crime in the area. They're typically higher police and again there's benefits like proximity to shopping, work in nightlife. There's more noise pollution, there's light pollution, actual pollution. So when you're looking at rural land, there's a lot of grants and USDA loans that might be available to you, as well as opportunity zones. You can find opportunity zones both in urban areas and rural areas. You need to be able to google it, go find opportunity zones. You put the zip code or the address of the area you're interested in investing in to be able to find out whether or not it is in an opportunity zone. Rural has minimum or no zoning or ordinances. Typically with your rural land, it's more of the countryside. It's usually about forty five minutes outside of the downtown or center city areas, so there's less density, there's less traffic, there's usually less crime, less policing. You might have a sheriff's department versus a metropolitan police department, so it's a different feel altogether. It's more abundant with trees, nature and natural resources, less noise pollution, less light pollution, less actual pollution, and there is the challenge of being further away from your modern conveniences. You might not be able to roll up to the walmart. It probably close at nine ten o'clock. Some of the stories you like, but you also again I'll say, begin with the end in mind. What is it you want to see with your land investment when you purchase, when getting started in land investment, I'm going to say it again, it's vitally important to understand the zoning the area. The way to understand what the zoning laws are is simply to get what your real estate agent to check out, the tax assessor's office, your county manager's office, your city office. There's usually a website that has zoning and ordinances. You can call your zoning department, your local zoning department in the city, or the areas you're interested in to find out what the zoning restrictions are. Zoning is essentially a map overlay that tells our city planners, developers, economic developers, commercial developers where they can build in the city's master planning. Is this area available for industrial stuff, This area is available for residential and mixed use, this area is available for commercial. So knowing where what the zoning is on the parcel of land that you intend to purchase is essential because you won't be able to build what you want to build without a lot of hoopla. I say hoopla. What I mean is going through the process of having a zoning variance issued by your city council or your zoning department. It's a process, it can be done. That's the great thing about America, Baby, anything is possible. You just need to be able to negotiate. But just know that that may be a challenge. Property buying timeline, so there's a plethora of timelines that are possible in real estate development, and it's going to be based on the type of project that you're building. When you're purchasing land for development, know that the more intricate your plans are, the more the larger the parcel is. The amounts of acres that you have will dictate your timeline just as well as your budget. So these timelines are very loose. But I bought and I was able to organize my nineteen families and buy that ninety six acres of land in less than forty five days with my collective. That's not normal, so don't think that that's a typical result at all. You can take years to find the perfect piece of land if you have an extensive project and vision in your mind for what it is you foresee building. But ultimately it will be varying according to what it is you plan to do in the area, of course, as well where you plan to do it. Because of the pandemic, things that have also slowed down significantly, and you have the fact that they're social distancing issues keeping projects from moving as quickly as they typically would because of being able to keep labor on the project. It's a lot going on. But visioning is the first step to your property buying timeline. I keep saying it begin with the end in mind. Knowing what you want to do with your land is essential and it's going to help lead your search. You need to take a few days and get clear about what the community is you want to build. If you're building an intentional community, if you want a farm, if you plan on building affordable housing, if you plan on just putting up one house and then doing the next project. Just know what your goals are. Then that goal will help dictate your search. Because there's a lot of reasons, in different motivations for why people are purchasing lands in this current state that we are in in America. So whatever your reason is for why you want to build buy land, and you feel pulled to buy land, write the vision, make it plain, and go searching for the land that's going to be most ideal for what it is you see yourself doing with this land development. It can take seven days, it could take one hundred and eighty days. I had a person who took my seminar how to Buy Land using group Economics that says she's been looking for land for over two years because she has certain criteria for her property buying. That being that it has access to water, that it has flat areas for food plots and flat areas for a home site, and it needs to have road frontage and access, and it needs to be just in this perfect location in Georgia for it to work. And so when you have those criterias and those fairy exact specifications, it can take your property search much much longer. So that time frame is a larger time frame because it varies based on what you want. Due dilaging. Due diliging is your due diligence period. You gotta do the research. You've got to hurt, you've got to hire the inspector, the appraiser. You need to do your soil samples, your percolation tests, things that are going to let you know that the site you are selecting is going to be adequate for your farming, for your building, for your community developing. So that due diligence period can be fourteen to twenty one days, I've seen them go as long as thirty days. And you can always renew that time frame or extend that time frame as necessary with what's called an amendment to the contract. Once you've placed your offer on the parcel of land that you're interested in perk, So that offer comes after you found that search. I should have added that as a part of my timeline. But you make an offer on that parcel once you've decided that you know what, it's got everything I need, and now you really make sure it has everything you need. You test the water. If there's a well, you get the well tested. If there is a lot of trees, you get the landscape or guide to come in and give you a quote for clearing the trees. You need to do as much research as you can on the political landscape of the area, who's coming into the area to develop it, what's the demographics of the area. This is very important because you can't get a Whole Foods or Starbucks unless the people who live there make a certain income annually and they on top of that, it needs to be a certain amount of people who live inside of the area for them to want to come to the area. So all of these things, this information is essential for you deciding whether or not your investment is going to be a viable investment. For you, knowing whether or not the land is inside of city limits or outside of city limits. If the land is outside of city limits, this is your chance to build a city. If the land is inside of city limits, ain't no help for you. You're gonna have to just do what's going on, or become civically engaged and change the landscape of your community through politics and civil activism. Closing typically takes forty five to sixty days on land, that is so that they can get the appreciation the survey. The survey is going to be priced according to how much land you are buying. It's tempting in juicy to say I'm gonna go buy four hundred, six hundred acres of land, and you might find four hundred or six hun your acres of land at a price that you could have never thought was possible. But you have to look at the cost of serving that land, of developing that land, and knowing what your goals are. It can take longer than you know. It can take forty five to sixty days to actually close on it. And so depending on the situation such as you're financing appraisals, due diligence, concern, tidal order, all of that can push your closing further away than the forty five and sixty days. You want to work very closely with your real estate agent. You're closing attorney as well as your lender to make sure that this project that you're doing is moving along okay. Best features you can find when you're looking for land. You're looking for scenic views, fresh water sources such as lakes, rivers, aquifers, spring You're looking for access to road frontage and easements. You are looking for access to utilities. You are looking again for that unincorporated county land that has minimal ordinances. You're looking for places that are home site ready flat where you can get on there, you can take that road and you can build your dream home and get it pop and quick. Road systems and food plots if you're into gardening. Those are the things that you're going to be looking for when you look at buying rawland. That's going to be essential features. Challenge is to avoid uneven, rugged, undesirable topography. If it looks like you wouldn't want to walk there, live there, If animals don't look like they want to walk there, live there, it's probably not a good investment. It's probably not the place you want to try to put down routs for a development or a community. Gridlock land you never want to play the game of buying a piece of land that's in the middle of four other five six other people's properties and lands and there's no clear deeded easement for how you can access that land. That's a no go. You can work to negotiate an easement avoid that if possible. No water, no well, no county water. That's another challenge. That's another expensive piece of infrastructure. You can essentially put a well into your land, assuming that there is some kind of aquifier or groundwater that is down there. You just need to understand that when you put or dig a well for water, because there's no county water hookup or no public water works in place, that's going to be dictated a bout how deep your well contractor has to go into the ground to actually find that water. So that can be a cost that is very hard to determine. But you can talk to the local person in the area who does wells and septic tanks, because they're going to know what the going rate is in your geographic location that you're interested in developing because they're already digging there and typically the water table the ground water for a well is going to be about the same for a geographical region or area, so you have to get in touch with that local expert. Challenge is to avoid again no public utilities. That's another hassle unless you have intentions on living off the grid, installing solar power, getting with Moses West for his atmos feared water generation technology being able to collect rain water like you, unless you're on that life and you about that survivor, you gonna need public utilities. So do not avoid buying land in places that have no access to public utilities. Also avoid buying land in areas that have overly restrictive zoning regulations, places that have very staunch conservatives and they don't want you know, cutting down trees or places that you know are laxed even with their zoning regulations and they just let anybody build whatever anywhere. And now you're dealing with toxic water being dumped into your neighborhood. So you there's a fine line to that. You just need to again do your due diligence and again exorbitant permit fees. Find out what the fees are in advance for the area you're interested in purchasing land, and when it comes to permits, you can find that from your tax assessor's office, your county manager office what the cost, or your city manager, your city zoning office. They will tell you what the fees are, what the process is. When you are building something that is a commercial project, the fees tend to be exorbitantly higher than a traditional residential project. So in any case, be mindful of this. I'm going to go back and mention for restrictive zoning regulations you want to build those types of projects in have to be open to that. You need to go find out again, go to your zoning an ordinance department in your city in the counties, call them up if it's an area that you don't currently live in that you're looking to invest in, and find out what they might have on the books as it relates to container homes, manufactured homes, eco friendly homes, all these new innovative things that you might be interested in doing. Because I know we got some innovative people out here who want to do some innovative things. So find out first before you buy the team. All right, So now that we've talked about the land, we're gonna go ahead and get into the team. I'm always happy to see my beautiful team on the screen there. That is my Freedom family. Shout out to the Freedom nineteen and my business partners Renee and Laura Riley Cooper. I love y'all, but you have to have a team, y'all. You cannot do this by yourself. Even if you decide to be a sole proprietor you have to. I still have team members in the area that are going to support you. That's going to lift you up. People who have certain expertise. You're going to need consultants, So let's get into this partners versus consultants. When you start taking on a development project, your partners are your LLC members or your corporation members, the people who put up the money with you to start this business. These are the people who are bringing the mental capacity to talent to this project. They get paid later when they share in the profits. They are accountable for the decision making to help grow the business or to make sure that this venture is profitable, and they bear the financial losses if the venture fails. That is a partner consultants different world. Your consultant gets paid now as they do the work or as you're doing the work so that you can be successful. They have a fiduciary and an ethical duty to do right by you. These are your realtors, These are your lawyers. These are the people who have went to school and are specialized in doing what they do. You need these consultants in your life, and they have a duty once they bring you on as once they bring you on as a client, to do right by you. But if they mess it up, or you mess it up, or some factors mess it up, they don't bear any of the financial loss if the ventures fail. So just know who your partners are and who your consultants are. And if you're really strategic, you make the people who are the experts your partner and your land development venture. So we're going to get into that. Your team players. You need someone who is administrative or business oriented. You need somebody who's exceptionally credit worthy. You need somebody who has a positive track record in real estate. Somebody who is a general contractor they've been a flipper rehabber for the last five years. Somebody has to know what they are doing on your team. In that partner capacity, you have to have a partner who has that track record. You need a spokesperson and in some instances you're gonna want to have somebody who's an ally if the people you want to purchase the land from don't necessarily look like you and don't necessarily want to or seem as if they're not willing to do business with you. An ally is someone who can make the transaction happen on your behalf. That person needs to be somebody you can trust. Everyone should have a history of financial stability. And when I say everyone, i'm talking about if you have a team of four people, all four people need to have a history of financial stability, fiscal responsibility, common sense, and congeniality because if you got that one hot head that cuts everybody out all the time is not going to work for you. Evidence of earned income. People want to know where your money is coming from, and you have to have documented income, documented ability to show where your down payment money is coming from, where the money came from for the contributions for your startup. So you have to have that evidence of earned income for everybody on your team. And you also have to have no conventions of fraud or deaf because it's just good business. It makes it easier to do business, to build strategic partnerships, to access government funding, grants and all of the different things that are available out here. Much needed expertise. These are your consultants. These are the people that you can't do this without. That's either your business culture, your business attorney to make sure that your business is structured correctly. If you are an earner, you got resources for that. If you are a part of any of these amazing platforms that are out here right now that a lot of us watch, like their Great Society, a Wealth Standard with nineteen keys. There's so many good platforms out here, including myself with my Freedom and Legacy building with Ashley Scott platform. Get a business coach and or a business attorney. Have somebody that can help you structure your business appropriately. You need a license realtor a real estate agent. Unless you are an experienced investor that's been investing for a long long time. You have a licensed realtor on your team, and someone who's seasoned, not somebody who has not done any deals, and not somebody that's so seasoned that they're too busy to get back to you. They're too busy to show you what you want to see. That don't want to walk around the land with you. You really do need someone who's going to be in the trenches with you, surveyor. You have to have somebody who is gonna be able to work walk through that land and tell you what the perimeters are, where your property lines are. And you don't want to have a surveyor who's gonna hit you over the head because when you talk about land acreage, again, the more acreage you have, the more it costs. And when you have a good surveyor like the one I have, they will say, oh, I'm the surveyor in this area, and you know what matter of fact that land that you want to buy that area. I surveyed that piece. I surveyed that piece, and I surveyed that piece. So instead of surveying all three hundred and sixty four acres, I'm gonna go ahead and survey this last piece of the front part. And that's gonna save you tons of money. Because they being a licensed surveyor, their work is certified. They're not gonna they gonna do what they need to do because they could lose their license. But it saves you money. So be very particular with the surveyor, and again, having a surveyor who's familiar with the area. That's one of those things you should do is have somebody again who's familiar with the area. The same thing for your appraiser. You want to get an appraiser of the land who's familiar with the area, CPA or bookkeeper. You are going to want somebody who's good at keeping track of all of these expenses. Particularly when you are talking about building and you get into the construction aspect of this thing, you definitely need somebody who's keeping track of the books and the expenses on your project. The developer or the builder, they are responsible for that part two, but they've worked hand in hand. Okay, your developer, your builder, they need to have a track record. They need to be somebody you have verifiable references that they have built projects and that they are in good financial standing, that they don't old people that they didn't walk off the project and didn't finish the project. Do your due diligence on the builder. To loan officer, you have to have somebody on your team that's going to help you with all the different financing stages. And a good loan officer is going to help you get qualified from the beginning to the end for what it is you need to do your particular project, whether that's an intentional community, whether that's farming, whether that is building a community for the purpose of building a subdivision. Your loan officer is going to work work hand in hand with you to make sure that you make it to closing. You're closing attorney. That is the person who's going to make sure that the title on your land is free and clear and that you are not buying a piece of property that has encumbrances. Encumbrances are claims to the land, claims that oh, my grandmama owned this land and somebody stolen and there is a cloud on the title because of it. There was something that didn't get marked down in the tax assessor's office, so there's some issue. Your closing attorney is going to do some title research, do the work of ordering your title, and that's the person who handles that, and that's the person who's going to draw up your mortgage documents. If you're going to have a mortgage such as seller financing or do an institutional mode, your closing attorney's going to also make sure that you walk through every single piece of paper before when you're signing it, so you know what you're signing. And then finally, once you are done, whatever the project is, whatever it is, your building that you are closing on, you gotta have a pr agent, a marketing team, somebody is going to strategize so that you can make sure that your project is a success. Because when you're buying land and developing land, and chances are you don't know also how to market the land. Most of us don't know how to do everything. And you want to have the person who has that experience on your team and let them do what they do. Okay, how to choose your team. When a person shows you who they are, believe them. Look at that track record, check out reviews, get referrals. It's not rocket science. Go with your gut, but also go with the information in front of you that you see. If nobody has anything good to say about this person, don't you give them a chance. You go ahead and find someone who is reputable, and that's how you build. About the money, this is the financing portion of your land and development. We're gonna talk about institutional funding, selling financing, private lenders and crowdfunding. Institutional funding. This is where the slides get less cute with visuals right, but it's a serious matter. Farmers dot gov is a website that I want to tell everybody to check out. You might not have any intention of farming, but with what's going on with food sovereignty, being able to purchase land through the USDA and loan products that are available, as well as being able to take advantage of any grants and different things that are available with food sovereignty projects, it's a no brainer. Look into Farmers dot gov. That is a great resource. You are purchasing land. Institutional funding is your typical funding. That's when you go to Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Chase, or Citizens Trust Bank, Unity Bank and you say, I want to buy this piece of land, I would like to build a home on it, and I would like to sell it. They've got the best rates that it's the hardest to get, so you're going to need to speak to the multiple lenders and you're going to do best by starting with a bank that you already have a relationship with. So this goes without saying. Before you try your hand at investing in any land, you should be credit worthy. You should have an exceptional credit score. You should have money and savings in the bank. At least you know twenty five percent of your disposable income should be saved in the bank before you start buying land and investing in this way. Yes, you can buy affordable land at affordable prices cash outright, and if that's the strategy you want to do, by all means, do it. But if you're going to do a development project of scale, you're going to need institutional funding and to get the best rates and to even be considered by a traditional lender, you are going to need exceptional credit and experience that track record. Again, there's ways to get around it if you don't have a track record and no one on your team has a track record. By partnering strategically with your constructor your excuse me, your builder, your developer, speak with multiple lenders. Set up your LLC again, talk to that strategy, that business consultant, that strategist, that business attorney. Put your LLC into position by having the best, most credit worthy people on your LLC, people who have experience in maybe they have been a general contractor if you have someone in your family or in your friend group. Use the people who are in the best position to be able to go after institutional funding. If you do that, seller financing is the better option if you know you'd have less than perfect credit.
Speaker 5: No hold on ask because we got to hear that. We got to hear that. The good folks at Zoom something your sound caps going in and out.
Speaker 8: They're trying to sensor you like your asking. Can you repeat that because yourself, yourself is cutting off like every like ten minutes for like a minute. I don't know, I don't know what's going on, But can you can you still back at the beginning of seller financing?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 5: We can't. We can't let that go on muted.
Speaker 6: Yes, I apologize. I probably have an unstable internet connection.
Speaker 8: It's all good anytime, anytime. Let you do that again because I.
Speaker 5: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one.
Speaker 5: Of our merch partners.
Speaker 7: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can on what.
Speaker 5: Matters most ready.
Speaker 7: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdi C.
Speaker 3: We don't want anybody to miss any information.
Speaker 8: Like when your sound goes out, we'll just start talking, because it's usually like only for like thirty seconds, So then we'll start talking, and then we could just bring you back into. Just so whenever you hair start talking, just know that your sound cut out, and then we'll just bring you back in when your sound comes back on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I got my notes ash and I'm like, wait, what just happened?
Speaker 3: Now I get the information hook a crook man. They can't.
Speaker 5: That's a fact.
Speaker 7: They can't shout out to every shout out to everybody that has their hand raised. We're gonna get to that when Ashley finis with the presentation, we see the questions.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get to that, all right, bet.
Speaker 6: Seller financing, what I was saying is it's usually a better option because seller financing typically does not report to the credit bureaus. Sellers typically just want to get their money, and as long as you pay them, they have no reason to report to the credit bureaus. So that means your debt to income racial not going to change because that debt that you have on that land is not going to be reported, so you know it, but nobody else is gonna know it. So seller financing means you could go and put loans out on twenty properties real quick and start flipping them on how you might see it as an opportunity, and your debt to income ratio is not going to change, and you'll be able to move on your projects or get institutional funding as needed or additional credit cards as needed without these land deals being on your credit report and pulling your debt to income ratio to a lower score. So with seller financing, it's scamming season, so be careful. People will put a picture of a property up at like they are the seller, and you go and you're like, oh, I just bought twenty five acres for five stats, and you did not just buy twenty five acres for five stacks. So make sure you are doing your due diligence, that you're checking the tax records to make sure that the person who says that they are the owner the seller is the seller. Check with the listing agent, make sure that the listing agent is an official broker, and you protect yourself in every former fashion by going through a closing attorney on your seller financing deal. That's how you cover your assets. Okay, don't go do a seller financing deal straight up, and you might not actually end up buying this land, unless, of course, you are again a season investor, a season real estate investor that's used to buying properties and putting deeds in at the tax assessor's office and with the court in the county. If that's it's not you. You need a real estate agent and you need to close an attorney to ensure that your transaction with the seller goes through smoothly. Another note, with seller financing, or what's also known as owner financing, you negotiate with the seller. You can negotiate what you want and they can negotiate what they need. So it could be a twenty percent down payment, it could be a fifty percent down payment. It can be a flat monthly rate of interest only with a balloon payment at the end. So make sure that you do good negotiating so that you get the best financing terms possible so that you don't end up overpaying for this price of land, because if that's the case, you hustling backwards. So negotiate. Make sure that you got your best negotiator doing the negotiating, and you don't lose your shirt because you're financing an exorberate interest rate, you're putting too much money down. Any of those things can be a bad situation, So negotiate, negotiate, negotiate, and make sure final note that the owner owns the property outright. Ideally, if the owner doesn't own the property outright, don't buy it. If the property itself has a mortgage on it, that's going to be more than the down payment you're going to pay, because when you pay that down payment, you want that down payment to clear the mortgage. Noe out. That way, you can end up with the deed in your name from that moment you leave the closing table. That deed being in your name means it's your property. You can get USDA farm benefits, you can get all of the things that you need. But as long as there's a mortgage on that property in that seller's name, this deal is a no go. In most states, you can't have a property and sell it while you still have a mortgage on it, So be mindful that that mortgage needs to get cleared, and if it can't get cleared, it needs to be assumed, and you need to go through the process of legally assuming that mortgage with the mortgage holder and do it the right way because you do not want to lose your money. Private money lenders highest interest rates, hands down, that's not the way to go if you can avoid it, but it's easier to get most cases. It's based on the deal. And you can also get private money from family and friends if you are lucky enough to have people who are financially astute and who have savings and are interested and able to invest in deals like land deills and new construction opportunities. So if you have somebody in your circle, go get that private money. First, negotiate, negotiate, negotiate, win win right, And if you don't have private money available to you in your own personal network, you can go to a hard money lender. Hard money lenders are essentially borrowing the money of all the people in their network to be able to make loans to you at exorberant interest rates. A good interpest rate for somebody who has a pretty good credit score who wants to bus and move before their business has been in business for at least six months. Because typically all of these financing options, except for seller financing, you're going to want to be in business for at least six months, unless you are doing a farming business in which you can use a USDA startup loan to fund your land purchase and your farming operational expenses. But otherwise you are going to need to have been in business for at least six months, unless you're again going with a hard money lender. If not your heart, your heart money lender is going to look at the credit score of the primary or the managing partner. If that person has like a seven hundred credit score or better, you don't have to have been in business for six months. Again, typically the deal will dictate the private money lenders situation where you might not need to have good credit, but you definitely need to go and have these conversations again negotiating with your private money lenders. My favorite private money lender is Direct Lending Partners. They typically do not do deals on land. Most private money lenders or hard money lenders do not do deals on just land, but again, this is America. Anything is possible when you negotiate and open your mouth. Crowdfunding less hoops, less successful crowdfunding. When we started our when we decided to purchase land and we were looking at Toomsboro, we went on to go fund me and we looked and seen about fifteen or twenty crowdfunding campaigns of people trying to fundraise the one point seven million dollars for the city of Tombsborough. Right, crickets on all of the crowdfunding, Like, nobody raised more than like a thousand dollars on any of these crowdfunding website on this GoFundMe. So crowdfunding, while everybody gets really excited about it as an option, it's not usually successful unless you're very strategic and you have a huge marketing campaign and a great story. We were able to raise over eighty seven thousand. We're almost close to our eighty eight thousand dollars goal, and we use that as a kind of like a building fund where we were able to clear our land and put down gravel and you know, lay down areas for us to do our pavilions and our stages and all those types of things. And so that was a long and hard process to raise eighty eight thousand dollars and we still haven't reached our goal. So I crowdfunding is an option. It doesn't take a lot other than a strong story and marketing campaign, but they don't tend to go as far or be as successful as you would like them to be. And it takes a ton of money to be able to genuinely develop large projects, especially when they don't have, you know, connection to certain infrastructure. So crowdfunding is definitely a later choice. And then there is regulation crowdfunding, which you can raise up to one million and seventy thousand dollars. I'm not very familiar with crowdfunding, and I would love if Troy and Rashad could get somebody who has done some crowdfunding in the ey L University at some point, because yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we did Chriscentegal, Chris Sinegal, and I'm sure he'll come back again and get he could do it.
Speaker 3: We can do a class on crowdfunding for sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had a very he had a.
Speaker 8: Very successful crowdfunding campaign that they raised over a million dollars.
Speaker 6: See what I'm saying, So we I can't speak to that, but that right there, this is how we really start to develop land. So that's something that you guys are gonna come back, have to become earners and come back and get this class when it comes. All right, So let's get to the bill. The discovery period. There's a master planning period, there's a design phase, a construction and marketing. Discovery starting from scratch means you need to discover the limitations and the restrictions of the land. I saw somebody in the comments say something about feasibility studies. That's this moment of discovery, right. You can do a feasibility study before you buy the land, but that's a whole lot of money to put into something and then decide not to buy it or go forth. If you study the area, you do your due diligence, you know what's happening in the community. You've got to clear vision when you purchase that land. You can do your feasibility study after the fact. Because developing land is really a lengthy process. It's not an overnight success type situation. It's going to cost for a civil engineer to come in to study the grading and the slopes of the land. There's gonna be someone who goes and drills into the dirt to see how much weight the dirt can withstand, so you know how high you can build and what you can build and what kind of materials there's going to be best based on the climate. I'm skipping ahead, but ultimately this discovery period is where you're gonna get your topographical survey done and you're gonna want to understand the demographics of the area. Again, what the median income is, our people graduating from college, is the crime rates high? All that good stuff. So that is your discovery period, your master planning period. This is where you're a person that you hired as your master planner looks at where we're gonna put everything at the infrastructure and the roles ingress and egress means how you go into the neighborhood, how you go out of the neighborhood, how you go into your driveway, how you go out of your driveway, waste management, stormwater runoff. They're gonna plan all of these things. You are not the person that does that. There's a master planner, a developer or architect, a civil engineer. There are a team of experts that sit down and do your master planning. If you're doing a large scale project. If you're doing a smaller scale project, you still need the same people, but you might be able to work with a boutique company that has two, three four people. Maybe that we're in the same hats. Master planning happens. Nonetheless, master planning can cost anywhere from one hundred and fifty dollars to seven fifty an hour, depending on the experience of the master planner, and so you could be looking again depending on the amount of the acreage of the project. Are we talking about developing ten acres of land, one acre of land? Are we talking about developing four hundred acres of land? That master plan to lay out those streets, those roads, all of that's designed from the information they got in discovery, from that topography report. They're gonna do all of that, and it can cost anywhere from ten to fifty thousand or more, depending on how much land you are getting planned and who the planner is. Design phase Designing is the next step to your development process. This goes beyond that initial discovery phase into building homes and structures and retail and commercial based on the climate the area, the needs of the citizens. Areas that are prone to like tornadoes and hurricanes, they will require different kind of building materials than places that are dry and don't have those type of climate changes and issues. So all of that can increase the cost of what you're designing. And this is where you can make a lot of money or lose a lot of money because you can overly design and you design something that's too high end for the area, and now you're not selling because it was not the kind of design for this neighborhood, community and culture. Purchasing land where there's wetlands, deep valleys, other tope of gathphical channel. That's going to create larger budgets because now you're talking about building bridges and how you lay in your foundation. So all of that stuff is a part of the design fast and it's going to create and have a certain budget that will change according to the complexity of the design and the uh, what's the word I want to use, the style, the aesthetic of it, Okay, construction. This is the second to the last stage of the rawland development process. In most cases, it's going to be the first year horizontal development. That's the grading of your roles, that's the curves, that's utilities. Eventually, you know you're gonna start building the property from the ground up. When you looking for a contract or your construction team, they're gonna get paid in increment from your construction loan, and once they have gotten all of the construction done, you're ready to go onto the next phase. And construction again can take longer timeframes based on the complexity of the design, the materials. Chant leaks in the supply chain or of trying to get certain materials to you. If you have certain materials that you are using because you're committed to green building, or you have a high end design, all of that can lead to higher budgets and costs. When you're looking for a contractor or contractors, you can google what state, what city you're in. If you want to hire you know a minority contractor, a black contractor. Google that. Put Georgia Minority Contractors Association, put Florida Black Chamber of Commerce, put DC Business League into the results. Call them up and find a reputable contractor if you don't already have someone you know. In branding and marketing, that's the last stage once you've gotten your building done. Before you've gotten your building done, to be perfectly honest, branding and marketing is what's going to sell this community that you just invested your time, energy and money into. Branding is how you sell, tell the story of why you built it, and attract your ideal residents to the community. And marketing is that active placement of materials and formats that will allow them to see that story and get that story in front of the masses so I can show you better than I can tell you that. I'm going to take you to a community right here in Georgia that's dope in marketing. This is called Trillist. This is a community that's been being built over the last ten years. It's actually a community that was founded by a production studio called Pinewood Studios. It's in Fayetteville, Georgia. This marketing is what attracts their ideal client. Their values is what attracts their ideal client. The community that they are building is for makers, entrepreneurs, and storytellers where they can fine fulfillment in every way. This is branding a community tailor made for storytellers. Well, it was a studio that purchased land built it up, similar to what Tyler Perry did when he purchased land in East Point to build Tyler Perry Studios. They built a community that economic development. It's got restaurants in there, homes and so when you are considering land development and what you're buying, things happen in phases. And so I wanted to show you this because when you start talking about doing a land project, you have to have vision and you have to know where you're going. So I wanted to show you, guys Trillis and I'm going to show you got close that door. Please start, thank you, yes man, Sarenbi Georgia again. Marketing. It just looks like the kind of place where you want to live. Right, They got goats. So when you start thinking about your project, begin with the end of mind and think about who's going to live here, and build for them, and build in a way that the story is compelling. That's what we're doing with Freedom Georgia. All right, now, I'm going to take you guys to the final stage. And I got three minutes before we go to questions, some insight and inspiration. Don't wait for opportunities to come, get up and make them, Madam CJ. Walker. The charter chartering a city. Listen if you are interested in chartering a city hit me up. But the reality is, as we begin to be more strategic and work these ideas and principles of group economics and collective economics, and we're building collectively communities that are safe, that are driving the logical next step is a city charter. A city charter is going to open you up for benefits that will give you more control over your community long term when it comes to how your community is developed, police, the zoning, the ordinances, the health outcomes, how money that gets sent down from the federal government to the state government gets distributed is based on these cities and their populations and density. So we really got to look at how being a city and taking these developments where we're building our own infrastructure, building our own culture of shared values. Then we turn go to the next step, which is a city charter and electing officials who are going to represent our values and do what's best for the residents that live in this city. This is called placemaking, is what we're doing. It's not just about land developing. This is about making places where people feel safe, where people have peace, protection, prosperity. And a city is a government structure that allows that to actually happen. So that's our next step. That's what we're going with this. So get strategic, work together with your comrades, with your partners, with your like minded business folks in the area, get with your economic development authority, get with your black chambers of commerces, and let's start building these cities according to our needs, our desires. This is how we be strategic. This is how we do this.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So that was that was powerful. Thank you, Thank you. That was that was an amazing presentation. So I don't want people to take that likely. It's like, you know, for all the years that we go to school, whether there's elementary, high school, college, even master degree programs. Me personally, I never, you know, was taught the process of buying land and this stuff is. You would think that this would be one of the key things that would consist of an educational experience because we all have to live somewhere and land is the key component of the planet Earth. And it never, it never was actually taught to ninety nine percent of us. So it's amazing that you were able to come on here and teach this and we're thankful, so thank you for that. And you know, it's also amazing that we was able just to even have this platform to actually educate people.
Speaker 3: And it's the very encouraging thing.
Speaker 8: And I'm sure everybody is extremely appreciative of it, but do not take it for granted. Sometimes when you when you get things and it's free, you don't fully appreciate it. But it's like, you know, this could have been Harvard, this could have been Yale, this could have been any any level of education. I would I would argue that this was this was right up there and better than when anybody else could have done, whether Oxford, anywhere in the world.
Speaker 3: So that's that's extremely powerful.
Speaker 8: And now, like I said, this kind of information can literally change the trajectory of our you know, existence in this country and is something that we have not known.
Speaker 3: About for hundreds of years, for centuries.
Speaker 8: So now that we're coming into this information, it's important that a we learn as much as possible, we apply it, and also we work together as a group. So yeah, that's that's something that is extremely extremely powerful.
Speaker 3: So once again, thank you.
Speaker 8: So what we're gonna what we're gonna go into now is question answers for about twenty minutes. So once again if anybody joined late. This is a special edition of eyl University. So once a month, every single month. So with eyl.
Speaker 3: University, we're educational platform.
Speaker 8: Outside what you see on the podcast, the podcasts are episodes where you learn a lot. This is more of a hands on learning experience. So every single Wednesday at eight o'clock Eastern Standard time, we bring experts from the field in and they teach a class via zoom and it's on everything everything from how to wholesale real estate, to how to analyze the real estate. They'll investing, cryptocurrency, you name it. We've had a class and we're going to have more classes. And then that's every week. And then every other Sunday is our book club headed up by Troy. And then the alternate Sunday is MG no mortgage guy. He has a real estate call. And then once a month I do a financial planning call. So those are all the things that are in existence of EYL University now right now. But as I said, we're actually we're putting Eyo University the undergrad department as you know it, We're gonna we're gonna end it this This will be the last week of Eyo University as you know it. We're taking a winter break for two weeks and then we're coming back in twenty twenty one. We're coming back in twenty twenty one with a whole revamped product. We're gonna have a professor series where we're bringing in experts to teach classes four times a year. So it's not just gonna be one off because sometimes it's hard to learn with just a one off class, So we're gonna do four different classes. This business is gonna teach about taxes, ash cash, you gonna teach about financial literacy. Brandon Rule will teach about real estates, so being will teach about all things legal. Quentin Martin will be our investor teacher. Kwalame Uncle will teach about a variety of different business topics. And Credit do will teach about the world of credit. And actually I heard it might be interested in being a professor also, so I don't want to put her on the spot, but I.
Speaker 6: Already said I am down.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you this, because you're you're a member of uy University, how has your experience been so far?
Speaker 3: You just joined a couple of days ago.
Speaker 6: Behind you, it was not a couple of days ago. It's been a couple of weeks, thank you very much. Don't trying to play me like I just signed up, Like I just jumped on your bandwagon. Bro Okay, I actually signed up. After I did the first E Y L University with y'all, one of my partners, Greg Mullen, shot out to him, shout to cav this, shout out to keV. He's also Erner. So I was like, oh, I can't have Kevin and Greg getting all this good information without me. So yeah, it's been a great experience. Like I've just been going hard in the real estate section. But it's like so many classes, Like I'm not even like it's too much. I'm like it's a lot. Like it's stuff. I've watched two classes. I literally sat there like taking notes, and I was blown away by the level of information and insight that I was able to get. As somebody who know a little something, you know, I still was able to learn, which is really cool.
Speaker 5: We always we're always gonna over deliver an under promise. That's that's that's kind of how we live in right now.
Speaker 3: And it's like the.
Speaker 8: Most the most successful people always are investing themselves in uh. But actually obviously she's an extremely intelligent person and she's like, yo.
Speaker 3: I want to be an earner.
Speaker 8: I'm not I'm not above being a member of Eyo University.
Speaker 3: And she joined.
Speaker 8: I didn't even know she was joining. She joined and she became a member, and she she's studying herself. So that's that's dope, and that's that says a lot. So thank you for that. So we're going to get to questions. But before we do, like I said, this, this is the last thing that we're gonna do for ey University. This this uh this year. On Monday, we're changing it and then we're gonna come back January first. If you're interested in joining Eyo University, Like I said, we're revamping this whole thing. We with the revamp, everything is changing, including the price. The price is gonna double because we have we're paying professors now, we got a full time admin. Everything is changing. We're really really taking it to the next level. If you joined today, it's forty percent off, which is four four hundred dollars for the entire year, including seventy classes, all stuff I just named your grandfathered them for that price.
Speaker 3: Next year.
Speaker 8: And yeah, so this is the last forty eight hours. You got forty eight hours before that changes. So if you're interested, I pinned it in YouTube. It's Eyo University dot Com into promo code freedom at the end at checkout. And I mean, like, realistically, four hundred dollars, that's that's like a that's a good dinner with two people in New York City. That's a good dinner, two people, a bottle of wine. So to have this level of education, I think that we there's nothing comparable to it, especially for that price point. I mean, people charge ten thousand dollars, nine thousand dollars for that level of education for a lot less. A lot less actually is.
Speaker 7: I always say, man, there's there's no platform that has this much information in so many different areas.
Speaker 5: Man. So like you said, this is this is this in college.
Speaker 7: This is like two textbooks that you're not even gonna use because they're gonna give you a new version of it the next semester.
Speaker 3: So Ashley.
Speaker 8: Ashley's presentation was a book that was actly like a book, like if you if you put that in book for him, that's about one hundred and forty pages.
Speaker 5: And that was a scaled down version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 8: So so yeah, we're interested in having all you guys join is pinned.
Speaker 3: I'll put it back into YouTube.
Speaker 8: It's Eyo University dot Com into promo code freedom, and the price will be doubling. It's the first time the price is ever double. But we can do that in good conscious because we're giving you your heads up. So we're giving your heads up that the price is doubling in two days. So, Troy, let's get a couple of questions.
Speaker 7: I'm going I'm going to my man. Let's see John Palmer. I'm mute yourself.
Speaker 5: You've been on mute.
Speaker 7: He's been putting questions in the chat. He's been really locked in. So John, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Yeah, sir, are you doing this?
Speaker 5: Even the fellas?
Speaker 10: Excellent man, excellent presentation.
Speaker 5: Actually, I really appreciate.
Speaker 10: The value you were putting out.
Speaker 3: So definitely.
Speaker 10: Uh So, I had a question in regards to which I think actually kind of covered but getting lenders who are to say if it's developed land. I was having a hard time recently trying to find ones who are financing and I had a bad experience with with one in North Carolina. So if you have any type of i say, advice on how to bounce back something like that, I'm I'm all airs to that, but I just want to kind of, you know, share my experience and see if you have drew any alternative ways to finance things as you As she mentioned, it's you know, there's different ways.
Speaker 5: But it gets you know, it could be an uphill battle.
Speaker 10: So that was really my question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so institution, Thanks John for listening, Thanks for your question. Institutional funding is hard. It's the hardest one to get. You have to be pristine, you have to have a strong business plan, you have to have a track record, and for a lot of folks that ain't us, right, So you have to be strategic by partnering with someone who does have that track record and really putting together a solid proposal for especially affordable housing right options. Because if you're not really talking about what the major need is right now, institutional lenders aren't really interested, especially being as though we're in the midst of a pandemic. These COVID cautions is what people are taking. They don't want to invest in someone who's never done this before. So your best bet is going to go be seller financing going to also be in getting private money, reaching out to your network of people who you know, who like no one trusts you, who know you have a good business mind, and again, having that really solid business plan is how you're going to be able to even attract those people. You can't ask your family and friends for money, and your plans not solid either, Like if you can't get it from the bank, you definitely aint gonna get it from your mama if your plans aren't solid. So you definitely should look to seller financing as an option and just don't give up. Keep plugging at it and refining your plan and talking to more developers, more contractors, get really involved if you're not already with a chamber of commerce or a development authority, so you can start networking and building more solid relationships with some of the institutional funders and people who might be in a position to help you make it happen.
Speaker 7: Appreciate, appreciate you, John, Thanks ash Oh, we're going to the H town. We're going to I haven't heard from my boys so long, Darius, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Mute yourself you've been unmuted.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's going on? What's going on? In my ladder clip. Yeah, b you're good bro.
Speaker 5: That's what's up.
Speaker 11: Hey, For everybody that's listening, For everybody that's listening, I just want to piggyback a little bit off of rope for Shad said, man, come and join Wakanda man. Following E y L on social media is just not enough. Following on YouTube is just not enough. Come and join the gang. Like real talk, were waiting on.
Speaker 5: Y'all facts, facts, my god, real though.
Speaker 3: We're waiting on y'all.
Speaker 11: My My question for our teacher is this right here. I'm personally kind of uncomfortable with the concept of pure land investing, right and just just from the perspective of it doesn't produce cash flow immediately. But I know there is a sub market of it, which you kind of spoke to a little bit, and that's the minerals. As far as going into land for the purpose of generating income, and I know that the main way of doing that is through minerals. Is that a difficult thing to accomplish, of focusing specifically on land that has valuable minerals associated with it.
Speaker 6: It's not that it's hard, it's like anything else that's got a business. You have to know the business. You're going to have to put together a business plan. You're going to have to hire the consultants to people who are going to actually help you to mind for the minerals, and mining is a whole process, and you're still going to need some kind of institutional funding to get the manufacturing or excuse me, the equipment that you're going to need and hire the people and the team to do it. So, yeah, it's not going to be an immediate return on investment. It's going to be more investment. And typically land that does have minerals on it, those minerals have been spoken for, unless you are discovering those minerals for the first time on the land that you're buying, and typically that's going to come out in discovery. And if you come across a precious mineral of some use while you are doing your discovery period checking the soil, drilling and all that jazz, then you'll be able to utilize those mineral rights. But sometimes those industries are all sewn up and people have been working in those industries for so long that they have the ability to potentially box you out. So you just need to do your due diligence when you're looking at that. Everything at the end of the day is going to be do your research, find people you can trust, and be mindful that if you do find minerals, it's going to likely come after the purchase.
Speaker 5: Gotcha, appreciate you guys. Gotcha, bro I was looking.
Speaker 7: I was looking on landflip dot com. Man, Texas got a lot of land. We're gonna have to talk.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, we got we got hundreds of thousands of acres available in Texas.
Speaker 6: You might find some oil. So like that's where the mineral rights can't come and play real good. But typically if there was already mineral rights, if they found that mineral right, that oil there, they got that locked up. They're not selling you that land in those mineral rights too. That's just not unless, like it's unheard of. It's possible any days, possible because this is American.
Speaker 7: Shout to Timmy. In the chat, she said her family has mineral rights on their land. There's an earner with with with the mineral rights. Shout out to you, Timmy, well kind of forever. Right, Let's go to Jennifer Green. I'm mute yourself. You've been on you to what's going on.
Speaker 6: Hello, Thanks again Ashley for all of the information you shared. So, I have a pretty decent situation going. My father recently, about a year and a half ago, gave me about fifteen acres of land in Georgia. It's cool, thank you. So he he gave.
Speaker 12: It to me basically and was like, you do what you want to do with it right now. It's in my name and my brother's name, and I'm currently paying just I think my.
Speaker 6: Taxes every year about five hundred dollars.
Speaker 12: So basically I'm kind of at a standstill about what i want to do with this land. And being that it's in a a it's in a completely rural area. It's outside of the city limits of Fort Valley, Georgia, which is Little Georgia, and I'm kind of leaning towards the whole situation with like using the land to grow trees.
Speaker 6: Yes, that was what I was gonna tell you out my mouth. So, yeah, that's what I was going to ask you about.
Speaker 12: If you had any experience or if you have any resources, I've got some insights.
Speaker 6: So let me tell you first and foremost, the thing you want to get with is the USDA's Department of Forestry, the Georgia Department of Forestry. You want to also get a farm land number, a Georgia Farmland number with the Georgia Department with the USDA. What you want to do is, if you haven't done so already, you put your land and what's known as a Conservation Use COUVA is what they call it agreement that's going to save you an immense amount of money on your taxes. It's a ten year program. But while you're growing your trees, the Georgia Department of Forestry you will pay you to plant the trees, to grow the trees, and the minute that the trees have matured, you cut those trees down. At the end of your COUVA agreement and you can to do it again or sell the land.
Speaker 1: Mmmm.
Speaker 8: That's a whole lot of game, yo, that's a free a whole lot of game. That's a whole lot of game right there.
Speaker 5: Sell the trees. So it's called a KOVA agreement ce u v A.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the conservation use agreement. That's your tech how you get text and you save on your text. It's almost sixty percent annually.
Speaker 8: I hope y'all soaking up this game right here. Man, this is this is crazy. This is crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 7: Let's see, Uh, Shannon, were coming to you. I'm you yourself. You've been a muted Jennifer, thank you.
Speaker 5: For that question.
Speaker 7: Oh so actually when we give them some time. But there's something we call no fridge breaks. So if you if you, if you got up to go to the fridge and we called on you, then we got we gotta go to the next person. So I'm gonna go to the next person. Uh Neia, Mayah, we coming to you. I' mute yourself. You've been unmuted.
Speaker 5: Piece to the guys, piece of the guys. You know.
Speaker 13: I want to thank everybody, especially Uyl. I've learned so much. You know, I've been an earner for about two months. But to get straight to Ashley, my family has land in Georgia, over one hundred acres. We've had at lease on that particular land for three years with a cotton company, King Cotton. The lease is up and now the question is the fact that the land has already been cultivated. Is it still I guess ideal or is it what's the will be the process? Or is there some type of way for us to develop it and build a city.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, it's a cost analysis that you have to look at.
Speaker 5: Ok.
Speaker 6: So if you wanted to build and are you you're in Georgia. So it takes six hundred and forty acres to build an actual city. So the one hundred acres for us was just to start, and you gotta get at least a mile rate in order to actually build a city. You can absolutely build a community, a subdivision, development, little town, but for you to get city hood status is going to take a few more factors, and having at least six hundred and forty acres is the land requirement, right. But beyond that the lease, you can continue to lease certain areas and work in phases. So instead of taking all hundred acres and trying to do something new, start with like ten acres and build a little subdivision. Then you see how that goes, and then you do that and then you get some experience because the more experience, right, right, the better rates you get, the more opportunities you get, the more leverage. Right. So I wouldn't jet I would the fact that you have the lease, especially if they plan on renewing the lease, that's money in the hand, Like we always know, a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you definitely want to look at Okay, when I renew this land lease, we're gonna, you know, let's go ahead and subdivide ten acres out because we're gonna go ahead and start developing on this first ten acres in time, you know what.
Speaker 13: And I really appreciate you saying that, because we were leaning towards that, because we were obviously inspired by the nineteen families purchasing a city saying where this is for us? You know. And I've studied case law for about six years now, and there's actually a case law of a senator in Florida back in like nineteen thirty or something like that. Right, he had a land that turned into a park after his death, but he put it under a trust, and a trust in denshed agreement basically stated, hey, this land is strictly for whites, but if we deemed necessary, we allow other races to you know, participate on our national park. And it got to a point to where, you know, he passed on and then the city had to live out his trust, his indenttional agreement, and they was like, listen, hey, no more blacks is allowed, and blacks were, you know, protesting people was hating him, trying to figure out what why we can't come on this land and fighting it, and they lost in court once they read the indentital agreement saying, hey, this man put this land under a trust and it's specifically for white use only.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 13: So once I read that case law, I realized the power and trust and owning the land, you know. So, but I appreciate that though. We really, I really just learned a lot.
Speaker 5: Thank you, and I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: We just got a whole social studies lesson. Man.
Speaker 6: Right, Look, you're like, I'm like, okay, case law.
Speaker 7: You know, you never know what's going to happen on here many.
Speaker 3: A case law. What he said, whatever he said I believed at that point.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Actually, I just want to give you credit and your entire team. Man, y'all really changing the narrative. I don't know how many dms or messages we got about people wanting to get involved there's a project like this, So I want to just publicly thank you for that. So anybody that has not listened to episode one, O, wait, shatty.
Speaker 5: You want to say you.
Speaker 3: Please doing yourself with tremendous disservice. That's the fact.
Speaker 7: Let's go to Leslie. Leslie was going on on mute yourself. You've been unmuted.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 9: Hello, my name's Leslie Valencia. I'm a city planner by trade. I am I studied it, but I'm very new doing it as a profession. I don't want to say the name, but I'm a city planner with one of the most popular cities in the Bay Area, and I identify as an artist. I worked in cooperatives, I worked in the cannabis industry, and I have these big dreams of living intentionally. And you kind of answered the question previously, but I wanted to just get your I think you're brilliant, You're amazing. My dream is to create a community now. It is to create my own city, and I just want your advice on like, what would you what type of advice would you give someone like me? Because I know that I have this great opportunity. I have a lot of privilege right now, and I don't see myself being a city planner forever, and I just want to be really strategic about what I need to learn and what I need to absorb so that I can, you know, make my dreams come true. And I just want to thank you for being like an amazing inspiration.
Speaker 6: Oh thank you, Leslie. Well, I'm super excited for you, because, like people like you, Leslie, is how we get to build dream cities. You know, like we have to network, we have to be strategic. So one of the first things, if you aren't a part of the Federation of International Communities, Leslie, start there. It's a nonprofit organization that does a lot of work with intentional communities. I just did a wonderful bipod panel with them about living intentionally and so what I would suggest is to start building your strategic partnerships as early as possible, because that's really what's going to be how you succeed in your city planning, having all of your stakeholders and the people who have that expertise to help you build a community with those intentional values that you want. It takes those stakeholders' voices to really flesh out the vision of that plan. And so getting with you know, sustainability communities. One of the things that I'm involved in is the Black Sustainability summit again, those chambers of commerce, the development authority. Just building those strategic partnerships is the first place to start. And getting involved in associations as early as you can, such as the Municipal Corporation Association. Uh, there's the National City the National League of Cities. So get involved in those if you're you aren't already, and take the fact that you are already a city planner and use that to your advantage and get as much personal development as you possibly can and partner strategically with those community activists, those real estate agents, those people who are you know, on the ground, who are going to have relationships with the people that you're placemaking for.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much, josh Ley. I feel like I got all the pieces scattered everywhere, and you've really been hopeful and trying to piece them together. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ashley. I see you have a special guest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we got two for one wants.
Speaker 3: To say what's up? She wants to say what's up.
Speaker 6: She's like, I'm getting ready for bed.
Speaker 8: She got it's.
Speaker 6: Time to wrap this up.
Speaker 3: World, it's almost over.
Speaker 5: We got we'll take one morning. We got special guys coming in.
Speaker 8: But that's the power I want. I want to all graze over that too. I want to high like that.
Speaker 3: That's extreme. That's the power of women.
Speaker 8: She's giving a mastermind presentation while still being a mom with her daughter in bed.
Speaker 3: She's about to put her daughter to bed.
Speaker 8: That's extremely that's that's if you really think about it, that's an extremely powerful visual right there. I'm sure her daughter, without even knowing, is soaking up so much information from her mom. And like I said, that's the power of a woman to be able to juggle and do so many different things. You know, if it was me, If it was me, I would be extremely stressed out at the moment. I would probably have my son like yo, go play a video game and just chill out for a minute. But uh, was putof to all the women out there that's able to multitask, take care of the family, take care of the home, and still still educate, educate us, educate.
Speaker 6: Out some of my ben sisters on here, like I see and my girls hot Like, I'm like, I know these people, so thank you, Christine Minor.
Speaker 14: I'm like, oh, my Ben sisters, my girls high girls are earners out here. So I appreciate that I see names and I remember my folks because and girls High are.
Speaker 6: Very small places, so you know when you see a name like I was in auto classes were shut out.
Speaker 5: Girl, Yo, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: If it was Rose of Verse and like my son was down here, I'd have to turn the video off.
Speaker 5: I'd have to turn the video off man. And it's just incredible to watch Mark. He's been waiting all night. Man been typing in the chat. Mark, You've been on mute to my guy.
Speaker 8: You can hear me?
Speaker 15: Yeah, perfect, I bet listen. I purchased a lot, right. I purchased a vacant lot last year, so I bought it for twenty two thousand.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 15: So right now I'm in the process process of going through the zoning because I'm trying to build a triplex. I was wondering if I could get an fa Cha two or three klon to build on it.
Speaker 6: For new construction. Yes, yeah, it depends on how much is it gonna cost.
Speaker 15: Well, I looked up the city limit and it was like six hundred the to build it is not gonna cost that much. It's only gonna cost around to something.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 8: Sound might have went on again. But well, I'll pick up for that. Hopefully, hopefully should be able to come back soon.
Speaker 3: But I was.
Speaker 15: Wondering if it's possible for the f a K two or three K to just build from the groun.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask. I'm gonna ask Matt.
Speaker 15: Actually yeah, I was trying to contact Matt, but to get take with him as hard.
Speaker 8: I'm a personally, I'm a personally asking that question that we're gonna put the answer in the Facebook group tonight.
Speaker 3: So just try to try to check the Facebook.
Speaker 5: I think he's back. I think he's back.
Speaker 3: I'm not even in the Facebook group. You should you do yourself with your service.
Speaker 8: Got on it.
Speaker 15: I just got on this because when I signed up for his blueprint, I learned all that information first, and then I went to this because.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, joined the Facebook group tonight. We're gonna we're gonna put the answer to that. Hopefully we're able to get Ashley back on. But in the meantime, Troy, can we can we get Janet on before?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 7: Man, you know I'm a wizard when to come to this. She's already here, bro Janet.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, how are you you guys.
Speaker 8: Hear me, got the officials, got the officials and all that. So we wanted we want to introduce We want to introduce Janney. We we talked about the young lady that we brought on as our first employee, our first full time employee.
Speaker 3: This is a big deal for us. First first full time employee was Janet.
Speaker 8: And Jannet was just a wonderful person that was a member of Eyle University, a strong supporter, and she was just like going over and above, like she was putting together accountability group. She was just doing everything and we're like, yo, she's adding so much value, Like we gotta like bring her on full time. And like I said, at the time, she was working for the corporate world. She was working for Fidelity, which you know, obviously it's a you know, it's a it's a good company. It's not early a leisure but it's it's okay. So we had to call, we had to come correct. She wasn't just working at you know, just anywhere. She was working at a fortune five hundred company and.
Speaker 16: Is the best job I've ever had.
Speaker 5: There. We go love, that's love.
Speaker 8: So this is how serious man. Nobody does it like early Allegian man. We took one of the top talents from one of the top financial firms in the world, and we were able to bring her to e y L University and she's gonna help scale EYL University to be the biggest educational platform in the world. And so yes, can you just talk a couple of minutes. I just want to introduce the people to you formerly once again, we appreciate you. You're you're You're an amazing person, extremely talented and hard working person.
Speaker 3: So what what.
Speaker 5: You got to keep?
Speaker 7: Hey, we learned a valuable lesson if you want to do something right a woman that's.
Speaker 16: Out there, I want to say a special shout out to Ashley. You absolutely killed it. That was incredible and I have like a dream of having my own little farm one day.
Speaker 6: So I'm like taking notes. We so thank you. I know you girl, we've bet some same groups together something. I'm like, you look just.
Speaker 16: I think you're my long lost cousins from somewhere.
Speaker 6: You know, you have an sup So.
Speaker 16: Yeah, thank you guys so much for this introduction. It's been an absolute honor being an earner and being able to help and be on this side is just amazing. I really mean it when I said I love doing this and as you guys know, like we've built this well, you guys have built this beautiful community and really it's so open and it's a safe place. And for me, it's like with ey L, it's tapping into my how do I say it, Like.
Speaker 6: It's like a hard thing for me. I don't know how to explain it.
Speaker 16: But like when I do this work and we're talking, we have book club and everything, it's like I lose time in it and I have to stop myself from working at EYLU sometimes because I just see it being there's so much that we need and like we you know, we always encourage earners to use their skills. It's a great place for you to practice what you're learning. You know, I wasn't always like I was. I'm still a little nervous right now, but you know, I've come a long way from being on these zoom calls with EYL and stuff. So feel free to use your skills practice with us. It's a very safe place and it's about lifting up our communities and working together and that's my biggest thing.
Speaker 6: And I love it.
Speaker 16: Like we are going to change our communities. We're not waiting for anybody else. You know, my block belongs to me. I'm a buy this block, right. So it's about us taking care of each other and sharing what we know. And Ashley is a great example of that when she's talking about nineteen families coming together, you know, having a safe place for our people, you know. And and so I'm just so honored to be here. I hope to see some of you guys tomorrow orientation where we talk about the Facebook page and the website and all these great things are rolling out in January. So yeah, I hope to see some of you guys on YouTube.
Speaker 6: On the other side.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the biggest, the biggest, the big the biggest in the game. Man, like you gotta you gotta appreciate what's going on. Man, this is a whole This is a whole, entire movement.
Speaker 3: Like I said, we started.
Speaker 8: You gotta understand how Ernie Leases started. It started in choice dining room with with just some iPhones.
Speaker 3: And now you know, we have we have a media company.
Speaker 8: We're gonna start producing podcasts, uh Eyo Networks. We have an educational company where we have a variety of different education and we're gonna blow that up. We have full time workers. Everybody that we employ is from our community, relates to us, know us. We're stimulating the economy and that helps stimulate our economy. If you can't respect that, your whole perspective is what That's a fact man. So Janet, once again, it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Everybody. If you are a member of Eyo University, you check out her.
Speaker 8: She will be hosting orientation tomorrow at seven o'clock.
Speaker 5: Zoom link and shoddy, real quick, real quick. I just want to say this.
Speaker 7: Janet is our first, our first person that we fired, but she's not gonna be our last. So we see the level of value that everybody is adding. And trust me, we're gonna need more help as we grow, So we trust me. All our top earners were watching, were watching very carefully appreciate.
Speaker 3: It's like just like to we're watching, We're watching it. We're watching the greats.
Speaker 8: Just like Tyler Perry built built his compound in Atlanta and he's hiring all these people. We're gonna have the same thing we're gonna have. We're gonna have people directing things for us. We're gonna have kids out of college We're gonna give young brothers an opportunity to get off the street corner. We're gonna give black women an opportunity not to have to work in corporate America, and they can they can really show these their brilliancy.
Speaker 3: So you know what I'm saying, We're gonna, We're gonna, were gonna do it.
Speaker 8: And then hopefully, you know, people can tell, like how we get inspiration from people like Tyler Perry, hopefully people can get inspiration from us, and then it's like a million different splinter cells all over America and we're gonna end up changing the whole entire world.
Speaker 3: So I'm encouraged.
Speaker 8: I'm encouraged, So I hope everybody else is encouraged, And yeah, join eyl University.
Speaker 3: Man, why not? That's what you got to ask yourself? Not why why not? On Eyo University? Forty percent off?
Speaker 8: The code is pinned is code freedom at checkout and uh in two days the price will be going up. It will be doubling. But we let you know, we give you a forty eight hour head start. But before we in this, we have to give the last word to our esteem. Professor Ashley Scott, what would you like to leave the people with Actually I love to drop.
Speaker 6: Jules because I don't want to die with information and my knowledge in my head. I want to give it out to my community. And so please y'all keep on showing up, showing out, being beautiful. I appreciate you. I thank you all for your time, and y'all can also visit me at Ashley Scott Hoolmes dot com.
Speaker 5: Peace all right, yo, shanty before we go.
Speaker 7: Before we go, Since it is our last webinar of twenty twenty, I just want to give a huge shout out to everybody who's lent their time and expertise to our platform, from Andre Hatchett, our first professor, to hit now Ashley Scott, and there's a long list in between. Man, I don't want to listen too long for me to try to name them are. But we greatly appreciate you lending your time again and your expertise to our community and to the advancement of our people. Man, we are greatly appreciative of it. And and debity y'all for that. Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and shout out to everybody that you know became a member, including Ashley.
Speaker 3: So this is dope.
Speaker 8: I think this might be the first time that we actually had a class taught by a member, right.
Speaker 5: Maybe yeah, maybe, yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: I think I think that might be the first time that we have a class to a by member. So I just make history.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, yeah, they just I just got hit on the line.
Speaker 5: Shout out to one of our OG's dal Freeman just joined ey L too.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, Darren Freeman. Daryn Freeman. But this is another thing too, because quens in the in the Facebook room. Daryn Freeman, Daryn Freeman. His episode is going crazy. That's that's the gentleman who started a company with two thousand dollars and sold him for twenty three million. He's this is this is this is this is so crazy. He sold his company for twenty three million. He texted me and Troy like, can you send me the link? I want to I want to sign up to EYL University. I need to learn more about business.
Speaker 3: I promise you, I promise you. He said that, so I.
Speaker 5: Might be able to put it on camera. I'm not sure we'll see.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking I'm thinking in my brain, like you you sold your company for twenty three million dollars. But that just goes to show you the mindset of somebody that's never satisfied, that's always looking to learn. He literally he didn't, He didn't ask for free anything. He was like, look, send me the link. What do I need to do to sign up? I want to I want to join, I want to learn, like I just need to learn more.
Speaker 7: So shout out to I'm looking at the text right now. Right before that, he reminded us about that that apple, that apple purchase that we talked about all the episode, and how well he was doing.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the child to free mane og free were calling him.
Speaker 8: Shout out to og free man got you got his whole set up in the Bahamas, a private plane, the whole situation. But you're never too big, You're never too big to learn. That's a powerful lesson. That's a that's a very very powerful lesson. So maybe we can get him teaching class.
Speaker 5: Well, i'd be crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, I'm sure, I'm sure he'll do it.
Speaker 5: Yoh man.
Speaker 7: It's been a crazy night man, And I want to think Ashley again. Janet Tomorrow, seven o'clock and everybody that is on the East coast, we are getting destroyed. Right now with snow, be safe out there.
Speaker 5: Please be safe. Corona is still a situation in our country and the snow is added to us being inside. So be safe, Hug your loved ones and again.
Speaker 8: Like like like the video, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel, subscribe to the podcast. This will be on podcast audio two on Friday for Study Hall. But yes, yes, spread love, stay safe, stay warm. We love you guys. We'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: Peace.
Speaker 4: Peace, peace, My graduates from my school being forced back and drop drop Mike, drop back drop my graduates from my school being force back, drop drop drotdrop droft.
Speaker 17: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. In prisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 6: Will be protected.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,