Speaker 1: He is drink Chess motherfucking podcast make He's a legendary Queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't agreed as your boy in O R.
Speaker 1: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. One up his DJ E f N. Together they drink it up with some.
Speaker 2: Of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source.
Speaker 2: For drunk fast drink chans mo d is New Year's Eve. That's it's time for drink champs. Drink up mother mother.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hank sagree, hope you Savia, it's your boy and dot oh dot R dot E what of his d J E f N.
Speaker 2: And it's drink Chess mother bucking broadcast.
Speaker 3: Right now, we have what I would like to call the King of hip hop, what I would like to call the King of alternate. What I mean by that is, after your career has been done, he's the person who put out the blueprint for what you're supposed to do after your rhymes. This motherfucker is the King of Queens. I'm saying it. I'm from Queens. I feel like I have the authority. He's the King of Queens, the King of New York, the King of hip hop. First artist ever signed to death jam rackets, which means that.
Speaker 2: I might not existed if it wasn't for this one.
Speaker 4: A lot of.
Speaker 5: Jam.
Speaker 2: This is real ship.
Speaker 3: And right now we got the god father. I might I might just call him the father a motherfucking Queens, New York and everything else we got. L appreciate that love, l L listen.
Speaker 2: Can I call you? Of course in my mom and my mom I always call you uncle L. In my mind, I don't know what like.
Speaker 3: I like even when you say with something me, I'm like uncle, you know, like I just I got so.
Speaker 2: Much respect for you, Thank you for you. And then and then you.
Speaker 3: Came to my hood though, do you remember came to my hood. It made me like and then run DMC came to and Diggie Simmons came, and then Diggie Simmons he smashed me all the little girls in my hood.
Speaker 2: Now, but.
Speaker 4: You put a found into around but L we got.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you say. It's but I gotta, I gotta, I gotta tell you how how important you mean. The queens.
Speaker 3: Thank you man, uh, not only queens, because if you look at queens, you look at people like you nas run DMC.
Speaker 2: You gotta look at the whole spectrum of hip hop.
Speaker 3: So if you say a person was a leader of queens, a person was actually the leader of a whole generation. So now you have people like Drake, you have people like jah Ruh, you have people all these people who actually they can't say they didn't pattern their style after you. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, you know hip hop is, you know, hip hop is a complex thing, man. I mean, at the end of the day, like you know, you know, if you're a decent look at fella, you gotta damn kill yourself to be accepted by dudes, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean? Yeah, pretty much the best. I mean, look at Pop.
Speaker 6: You know it's a handsome dude, but look what he had to do with you guys, accept it, you know. I mean, if if I made one more chance, it would have called it a love song, but from Biggie with something else, you know what I mean. So you know it's kind of like, you know, you gotta you gotta have it takes courage to do what you love and to do what you believe in, you know what I'm saying. And that was my thing. It wasn't a matter of you know, I just wanted to have girls, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You know my friends did too. I mean, you know, I figured I made some songs and.
Speaker 6: Trying to get some you know, I didn't you know, I didn't realize that that was like you know, because you know the thing with hip hop is that you know, if you're not if you're not hit, if you're not spending gun balls and talking about packs, that gold title is gonna be alusive for you because you know, most of the time the voting members, that's what they really you know, the fellas really, that's what they really want to to you know what I'm saying. But you know, I just decided that I was gonna do what I wanted to do. I had the balls to just do what I wanted to do, So you know, I did hard records and love records and hard records and weird records and creative artsy ship.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think?
Speaker 3: Because I think that al perfected the hard record and then the crossover record after that, and then Biggie kind of took that style and the reason why I want to ask you, have you ever thought like that because of the flavor in your air. It was like they kind of try to keep you closer.
Speaker 2: This is me as a fan. I have no flavoring I mean flavoring year first of all.
Speaker 6: Flavoring Year is so crazy because so many people thought he ship. They're doing some of my trainings or some ship. You know what I mean. You know what I.
Speaker 2: Run around here talk about that shout out to my man time fight.
Speaker 6: That was something that we used to say all the time, you know, saying just when it was on and popping. I had no idea that when they was gonna spell out the syllables, we was gonna be and you know, all with all love and respect, you know, Tranningville, you know what I mean. They know he's gonna be there, you know.
Speaker 2: With all love and respect to everybody, you know, do what you want beefing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But uh yeah, you know, look, man, whether it's Big or Nas or you know the other guys, Like I respect all the artists for what they do, you know what I'm saying, and respect anybody who's original and and does it from the heart, does it from the soul, like you know, I was listening to that Kendrick record, and when he had said, uh, you know he does it from the soul, you do it, you know, for you, it comes from the meds something I'm paraphrasing, you know what I'm saying. I just love I love hip hop, you know, I love the culture. You know, I love everything about it. But the thing was, you know, also at the same time, you know, I was never gonna be a slave to the music business, so meaning that the first time that I went and sigh down and said, oh, I'd like to get X amount as an advance to this album, and somebody like they shoulders shook a little bit when you.
Speaker 2: Radio that.
Speaker 6: Hero, we forget it, so, you know, but I just you know, look, man, I just like to do everything.
Speaker 2: You know. I don't feel like you should limit yourself.
Speaker 6: You know, if you have the talent that if you have the talent to do many things, you shouldn't be afraid to do that because dreams don't have deadlines. And you know, a lot of times, you know, in our culture, especially in the black community and as young males, you know, we get boxed in to what marginalized. Well no, not just marginalized by mainstream society, but boxed in in the sense that you know, you feel like there's certain things that you might have dreams, but you don't think it's cool.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You might want to you might be in ourgami, you might be in something.
Speaker 6: Like knitting like blankets, like and putting them over gates.
Speaker 3: Like think, because you're not a rap off or you're not a basketball player, you're not cool.
Speaker 2: And we got to take that.
Speaker 6: We do that to ourselves with our music too, because we don't give yourself We don't give ourselves freedom, you know what I'm saying, Like, we don't give ourselves the freedom to do what we want to do. We always feel like, you know, every every time I make a song, I got to worry about what with this particular set of friends thinks forget my imagination, but I might be imagining some other ship. It's not that I don't want to make records that my friends like, but what if I.
Speaker 2: Think of something else? Why can't I do that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Why can't I do that?
Speaker 6: And so that's the thing that I kind of always acted on that impulse. You know, I never you know, I never was like I just wouldn't listen to that, you know, you know what I mean, like, I just do what I want to do because oh.
Speaker 3: Your love, but I gotta, I gotta get to this. I never you know, I've been seeing you for twenty years and I'll never asked you this question.
Speaker 2: What is pink cookies in the plastic back getting crushed by building I've been going with whatever, any nigga said, I'll tell you. I'll tell you what it means. It makes sense now.
Speaker 6: I was on the phone with a girl right and you know what I'm saying, Marley Studio, and she was talking Molly, Mam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 6: Had I had smelled some weed, but I didn't in hell, you know. And uh, you know after I smelled the weed, you know, after smelling the weed, I laid on the couch and I was talking to this.
Speaker 2: Girl and she said, I was like, you know, yeah, yeah. She was like, what are you talking about? Said baby, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking about cookies in the plastic bag getting crushed by buildings right now, she said, she said.
Speaker 2: And what she said what I was like, that's.
Speaker 6: A song, said your mother said, your.
Speaker 2: Molly, let's get it. So I went downstairs. You know what I mean Molly made the record, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: So it was so complicated that I knew the explanation.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah yeah, you know yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not even I ain't coming here to line run for office. You know That's what it was, you know.
Speaker 6: And I had the miniature satellites floating in closets, fine and pockets.
Speaker 2: I had a few of them. I got more of them jumping out.
Speaker 6: Of a football jumping out of a helicopter into a football stadium filled with cotton, candy and ship kind of money.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you some crazy ship.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you one thing. Al I know you don't know you taught me this. I know you don't know you taught me this. But I was on the Top forty tour, right, and I only have seven dates on the Top forty tour.
Speaker 2: You had like seventy, right, And I didn't ride on the private jet. I was commercial everybody.
Speaker 3: But if you fat Joe Puff daddy Jah rule, this is this is that tight. But I got seven dates. So every date that I had had with you, like you had your room and then you had your room for your people and I never disrupted you.
Speaker 2: I never came in there. But there's one day I was like, you can I speak to L And I was like, who is it?
Speaker 3: And they said nor He said, let that, nigga, And I felt like you was shadow boxing. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That before.
Speaker 3: You came in and I said, yo, L, because you had gave out roses this night. You had gave out roses, right, So I said, hell, Like, I'm eighteen nineteen at the time. I'm so young. So I'm like, oh, every girl in the crowd is for you. Why are you not out there? And you know what she told me. You said I rolled my wife And I said why he said, because I never get in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yeah. And let me tell you something to this day, I rolled my wife. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Why you you really don't you know? Why get the money back? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like like, and you know, you know the crazy thing is, younger brothers come up to me and be like.
Speaker 2: Yo, Nory, why are you rolling with your wife? And I just be like, I'm gonna use that now? Would you say? I don't want to give but you know, you know, you know I have moment Snory in my life.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, I have you know, you know, uh you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I you know, but at the same time, yeah, we can't. Yeah, he had a he got easy tiger. You know this raw it's raw, it's rough out there some water out there.
Speaker 3: Then I didn't know though when you told me that, I was like, I was bugging well and then I had to actually live.
Speaker 2: And then when I lived, I said, so you thought he was bugging out when he told you that.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I in my mind that part he said, of course, like and then years later.
Speaker 6: I was like, you got I understand. Reminds me of a story I was. You know, I won't say his name because I want to nobody.
Speaker 2: Right, it's wrap du you know.
Speaker 6: Back and day he came to me like, yo, yo, L you know, let me hold something, you know, some paper, Well, let me hold something, you know.
Speaker 2: I tried.
Speaker 6: I tried to tell him about He's like, yo, let me hold something. And I tried to tell him, you know, talk to him about stocks and bonds and ship like that. He was like, yo, L may telling us some stock. Let me hold something stocks and bonds. So that reminds me of that, Like at a point, so you're not. You only can understand it when you're.
Speaker 2: Ready for it. You did what sound ready for it, and a.
Speaker 6: Lot of times, you know, and that's true with music too, because you can do music and put it out there and people just don't understand it and it flies over their head and they catch it later, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that happens too. Whoever seen all perform before I raise your hands?
Speaker 3: God damn it, it should be more people raising your fucking hands.
Speaker 2: Let me just say you something. At one point in the show, he takes off his shirt. He just get every woman a flower and they super wet. You could just tell because their heads. I'm getting wet. It just like, damn are you wet? Like that's the goal. And you know so, I'm a kid, I'm eighteen, nineteen years old. Chris Lighty's like, Yo, you gotta go, you gotta follow l L.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, cool, and I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: They're all on private planes. It's okay, I'm getting there, just commercial. What is okay?
Speaker 3: I'm still happy and I'm like OL and L.
Speaker 2: It's like he knocked none of them down, believe it. Like first I was like yeah, yeah, yeah, and you were so you know, content and now you know you can't handle it.
Speaker 3: I live like, do you approve my lifestyle?
Speaker 6: Lord?
Speaker 2: Can you seven wives?
Speaker 7: And hell?
Speaker 2: Can you? Ain't judging the last two days?
Speaker 6: Ever?
Speaker 2: Gonna judge you is me? No, I may need you to prove my life to say I approve this message. I lived ten years behind you, because you know my I got Halloween in my closet. Time now now.
Speaker 8: All type of bones and toss and type of bone away from that list bones spines hanging over the closet door school album.
Speaker 2: Man, I gotta ask you this for this.
Speaker 3: This is not for the for the podcast, This is not for anything. This is because I sincerely respect. I love COOLJ. I looked up to our COOLJ. But you did kind of crush cannabis career early and I never knew why, like me personally, like you know what, no, I know the industry answered why. I mean, you know, the real he disrespect you in the session.
Speaker 2: What happens because you're a queen's nigga, and I respect.
Speaker 6: What happened, you know, I mean the real, honest answer is that you know, one day, you know, we was I was on my way to student and that came up to me and you know, and you know, my you know, uh, because it's a little taller than me, I'm not going to crush his career.
Speaker 2: It was a little taller than me a.
Speaker 6: Little bit, so you know, he walked up and he was like, yoll you know yo, you're tattooed. Man, like your tattooed and get one like that. I said, now, you know you gotta get your own.
Speaker 5: You know, I didn't understand that, like mentically, like I just didn't understand that.
Speaker 2: It's your own joint, Like I didn't really know. I just didn't understand it. Like it was no disrespect. I was like, you got yourn I'm give one like that.
Speaker 6: And then after we had that conversation, when I got when I went in and heard his boss, he said, is that a mic on your arm?
Speaker 2: Let me ball that?
Speaker 9: And I just like was like I just did not understand it. I just you know, I couldn't understand it. I just bl okay, And.
Speaker 4: That was it. Take me from that moment he already had is tu that you already had your version and then you changed it?
Speaker 6: Is that No, that's not the truth. Is I went in I heard what he said, and I responded, to the ship that's on your record, you ain't off.
Speaker 2: I was too ignorant for that.
Speaker 5: A smart guy, you know, jay Z would have took him off the record.
Speaker 2: You know, let's do it smart. I was an idiot. Everybody ignorance, ignor. I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you. At that time, I was.
Speaker 3: Running around and now for some reason, and he said, do you know what's going on?
Speaker 2: I'm acting like I'm dumb.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, l L is battling cannabis.
Speaker 2: Serious And he was looking at him, but mother, I know what's going on.
Speaker 3: But I'm like worn, But he's like yo.
Speaker 6: But then yeah, but see the thing is what people don't know is that I you know, after that I saw him cannabis and after.
Speaker 3: You crossed his career.
Speaker 2: Well no, no, I saw.
Speaker 6: Him and I said, yo, he was just debating about putting a song about me out.
Speaker 2: I said, yo.
Speaker 6: I went to him, I said, yo, you know what, Okay, it happened on the record. Said first of all, nobody's gonna know if you don't make a record.
Speaker 2: I said, that's the first thing I never knew. And now that's a very important part of YEA.
Speaker 10: I told him this, so you saying, before before.
Speaker 6: We record came reaction record came out, I met with him, I know, I said, yo, I said, don't put no record out of nobody's gonna know.
Speaker 2: Just leave it. And you know, I got a little high hand. It's between us, leave, he said, if I don't put it out on the politics.
Speaker 6: And and I'm like, you know, and and then why cleft's over in the corner and the betting.
Speaker 7: And ship cuts him up, you know, up the now why no, no, I love, it's all good.
Speaker 6: But then he put the record out, and then you know, then the rest because I told him, I said, yo, let's just do a record together.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean said yes, I said that, so yes, I said.
Speaker 2: We should have did a rec Let's just do a record together.
Speaker 6: We could, you know, because I didn't really want the drama, but you know, it is what it is, you know. And then you know, I just responded and that was it, you know, and we we did what we did, and you know.
Speaker 2: You know, around you crusted. His career's makes annoy for so we ain't gonna make him. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna make no sway, and I don't don't pad in him too.
Speaker 3: I'm going to going to cool. But how did the ship started? How did that start? Because it seems like al al now, you might not start it, but you definitely finished.
Speaker 2: What I said.
Speaker 6: I said on the record, I said I'm only eighteen, making more than your pops.
Speaker 2: And he felt offended by that. What making more than your pops?
Speaker 6: And he was offended because he thought it was the wrong message he was making.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, he thought I was.
Speaker 6: Sending a bad message to young kids out there like I was because I you know, looked when I coming up. When I was growing up, you know, sixteen seventeen eighteen, like seventeen eighteen nineteen, I was always with rich Porter. I was always with al Po and a Z and my man Big Chuck from Mount Vernon took me with them. So that's who I used to be always hanging up with. I would be on one, three two, And you know I was always uptown, not not fact Cat, even though he was from Queens. I know Prem and I knew you know, the for Tartle brothers and all of them. I knew, I knew them.
Speaker 2: But I was like to make no, no, I was. I was a shorty.
Speaker 6: So when I like, when I knew that for titles, they was giving me warm champagne.
Speaker 2: Like, hey man, you begging for champagne, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But when I started hanging out with Chuck, yeah, I got all the champagne.
Speaker 2: I don't take it, personna. Make sure.
Speaker 6: So when I you know, when I used to hang with with you know, with our Poe, and when Chuck would take me around to hang with our Poe and Azy and and Rich and all of them, and Black just used to come a little lady, he rest in peace.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I just came up, you know, in a different you know, thought process, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And I just tried to do things right, you know what I mean. That's all basically.
Speaker 3: Did you know Benmy was the biggest drug dealer in Queens when he was hanging with him at one point, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I know then was my man. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I with Bem, you know, you know the whole time, you know, I was.
Speaker 2: In some of his initial escapades. He got you.
Speaker 6: But you know what the thing is about that when people have to understand about that is that first of all, we don't want to glorify that.
Speaker 2: No, it's not cute. We do not. And it's a tough.
Speaker 6: Life and it destroys lives, and most of the guys that are really doing it for real wish they weren't, okay, and the ones that are really successful at it really wish they were successful.
Speaker 2: At something else, anything else.
Speaker 6: This is a horrible way to live, okay, And we confront nack like it isn't, but it is.
Speaker 2: It's a very tough way.
Speaker 6: To live because I've seen it firsthand for real, and but you know, it taught me a lot. Though I learned a lot. You know, I forgot the point I was trying to make because I was.
Speaker 3: No because you know why, you know, I'm telling you the point that you're trying to make because at one.
Speaker 6: Point so so basically he thought that I was glorifying that lifestyle when I said eighteen, so he wanted to, you know, be conscious about that. But what he didn't understand is that, you know that I'm an eighteen year old young man and I don't know anything else but this.
Speaker 2: I'm growing up in the hood. I'm just growing upout yeah, But when you're growing up in the hood and I.
Speaker 6: See a car drive by, that's all I know. It ain't And I see a guy how he gets it, That's.
Speaker 2: All I know.
Speaker 6: It's not about I'm not even thinking about right and wrong and consequences and ruining my life. And you don't even think on that level. That doesn't even coming to your brain. The only thing you think.
Speaker 2: Is I'm here and the money's there, and where do I gotta go to get it? That's all you really think about.
Speaker 6: Now when you're older, you get in your thirties, your late twenties, and you know, maybe even forty, you can start reflecting and kind of cleaning up your life. So I think he had the right attention, but that the problem was that he wasn't merciful and understanding that.
Speaker 2: I was a young kid, and this is all I was thinking now on the MC level.
Speaker 6: You know, you know, I've never shot away from trying to snap somebody's head off.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna lie, you know. I feel like you're still in the battle right now. Right now, I feel like it's still on a battle right now. I felt like he was gonna beat Charlamagne. Recently, what happened. You know my think, no, no, no, My thing. My thing with Homie is, you know, you know.
Speaker 6: He he he likes to get on the radio and bully people. You know what I'm saying. I don't like bullies me neither. You know what I'm saying, I really don't like bullies. And you know, I understand he's a smart guy. I get that, but the bully thing didn't work for me, and I felt like he was picking on me and undermining my my, my, my brand and my my my my five you know what I'm saying. But I wasn't gonna go up there and do the baby thing.
Speaker 2: I just told him. Look, I just told him, listen when you.
Speaker 6: Go, I love baby, that's my man.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't doing that. I'm not gonna go to your show.
Speaker 4: Your show.
Speaker 2: Why you make money when you're not doing that?
Speaker 3: By the way, that's the most viewed, I'm sure, and I'm sure a lot of seconds.
Speaker 6: Yes, But my thing was, look, you know, I said, look, let's just botch the charity.
Speaker 2: You know, I give you thousands and to beat people up. But I was accurate, You're gonna get so no, not for child when you're boxing for charity.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm gonna be honest with you. Nobody want to box.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to, you know now I don't, but I don't want.
Speaker 8: I'm not.
Speaker 6: I have no problems with him. I wish him the best. Just leave me alone and don't.
Speaker 2: Pick on me.
Speaker 3: Just so you don't pick on I don't like to get you.
Speaker 2: You can everybody watching his pocket, No I can't. I don't plan. You can beat everybody in hip hop, you know. No, I don't get Carrid, but there's some crazy one. But everybody watching.
Speaker 6: This podcast, don't bully, don't be bullied, and don't pick on people.
Speaker 2: Because that was my only problem with that. And you felt like he was picking on yeah, because.
Speaker 6: He's always got something to say, like he doesn't understand. Like I give you an example, like, you know, everybody was mad at me, and I understand their point of view, but everybody was mad at me about you know, the whole accidental racist record.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And that was a big conversation, right, and they thought, you know or El's you know, Aiden in the betting us forgetting your verse.
Speaker 2: Your verse when the change yeah, they did.
Speaker 6: So what they didn't understand is that, you know, now fast forward and look at the shape the countries in and you think about what me and.
Speaker 2: Him was attempting to do.
Speaker 6: It was ideological, but look at where to shape the country is in now. You people at that point thought that I was out of my mind for talking comparing a do rag to a Confederate flag. But now you're seeing little brothers get shot down every day because of the outfits. Whether it's a hoodie. It may not be a do rag, but maybe it's a hoodie with Trayvon. Maybe it's some sagging jeans. Maybe it's a brother outside of s UV getting shot down. That's the thing I was talking about. I was trying to humanize us. I would never suggest that we forget our history. That's absurd, Chris ludicrous. But you gotta be willing to Like I give you another example, Like people was mad at me when I.
Speaker 2: Said, oh, r P. Robert E. Lee, Oh I hate hell. Yeah, I could say that robberty E Lee, r P. Robbert E. Lee. They hated me.
Speaker 6: He was a general and the Confederate Army. Yeah, and I understand how people feel. But when that racist dude ran up in that church and he shot up all of those people and that black church down south, and then those black people got together and said, you know what, you know, we're praying for them, and we forgive them and we want.
Speaker 2: To send love to him. The country held.
Speaker 6: Them in high esteem because they were able to get pon their emotions and see the bigger picture. And that's what I was trying to show people, you know what I'm saying. But it took four years and all these people dying by the hands of corrupt police, because not all police are corrupt, you know what I mean, but dying by the hands of some of these corrupt policemen and dying at the hands in the wrong way for people to understand that what I was saying and what me and Brad were attempting to do was very real, you know what I'm saying. But that's why that hole. They laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win.
Speaker 2: Thing. It's true because they laughed at us.
Speaker 6: Then you know that's and now everybody was laughing at us, you know, But then when you really and then they ignore us.
Speaker 2: But now look at what's going on. Now they're trying to fight that same.
Speaker 6: They trying to promote those same vibes, those same values that we talked about. So you know, that's about the courage, that's about art. You know, that's what art does. It provokes people.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I just want to say to you if you don't know how much you appreciated in the hip hop, No, but I appreciate hip hop.
Speaker 2: No. But listen, let me just tell you something.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't for L cool J, there wouldn't be a NOAs it wasn't for Nas, they wouldn't be a mob deep it was for a mob deep, they wouldn't be a component or Jega.
Speaker 2: So me personally, I want.
Speaker 3: To look at you face to face, out the eye man a man, and tell you how much that not only queens because we're not queens.
Speaker 2: It's limited. Even though queens we won the world. Yeah, can make that. Even though queens we won the world. But that's pretty funny. I did hear that, Yes, I did hear you. Give me I had a condo around the corner from his from his being raised for twenty years. God damn it, had a condo around the Trump God damn it I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I was this close to buying a condo next in his building because it's it was cost effective.
Speaker 11: Course effective, the Trump joint that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you came one day, I'm shooting a black Money video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the most disrespectful record on my album.
Speaker 3: And I call for l L cool J to come through, and l J comes through my motherfucking hook.
Speaker 6: So I always love your music. No, no, no, I always loved your music. I always felt your music.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. What all of that?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 2: I mean you introduced world to the Neptunes and all that. I mean, you put you, you put on the man. But I met for real because of you. I can't. I should have meant for real.
Speaker 6: And that's when I did love you better and I ended up ultimately doing love you better than all the americords. But you know you, You've done a lot. You know you're an important person.
Speaker 2: What we're doing.
Speaker 6: That's why the podcast is so successful. I've been watching it, watching episodes.
Speaker 3: And CBS and me and e F Fam. We got some deals to bring you.
Speaker 2: I got your covet I that's a lot of stuff. Yeah, yeah, I got something.
Speaker 3: And the lip sync Battle. Yeah, was that your idea? Always have somebody else?
Speaker 6: Well, the idea came from John Krazinski and Steve Merchant and they brought it, you know through jam sound Rich.
Speaker 2: I don't know who they are, but they sound rich there Rich.
Speaker 6: Now it came to us and uh, basically you know, but I own the format along with my partners, and we've sold a format and over one hundred and fifty countries around the world, and we have like a partnership with like Carnival Cruises, and uh, you know, the app is starting to grow now and really.
Speaker 2: Doing well, the lip Sync Battle app, and I mean the show.
Speaker 6: And we've also we have different versions of the show around the world, so like in Tiland, it's like a you know, it'd be a tie host doing and we just did like Ukraine, and we did a deal in Russia, and we did a deal you know in China. We just did a big deal in China for Phillips in Battles. So that thing is global. And then you know, for people don't know as with like n C I s l A, I also have a vested interest in the show. I'm not just an act on the show. I haven't now that's the guy with the shooting people's a terrorist, and that's in two hundred countries around the world as well. You know what I'm saying. So it's it's you know, it's really going well, it's going well.
Speaker 2: You know, listen, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: When I looked at hip hop, right, I was tired of hip hop. I was just tired. Like I mean, I loved it. I still want to make it. I couldn't, God bless her dad. After Chris Light he died. I couldn't actually attack it the way I wanted to attack it. So I said, fuck it, let me just think of something else. And all I did was look at you. I looked at you and said, what the fuck is l doing?
Speaker 2: And ll because are you in shape? I'm not. I wasn't in shape back then. You said you're good. Now I'm a little okay. You look like you know you're doing handsteads something. You got something, watch it, watch watch your Instagram, but.
Speaker 5: Watch your instagram killing me.
Speaker 3: But I sat back and I said, what can I do to do something else other than the hip hop? Because music just gets boring, even if you're making money, music just gets boring now.
Speaker 6: But you know what, let me tell you something I don't. I don't feel that way. I think my thing is I just never limit myself. Like I said, if you have more than one talent, you should utilize them all. You know what I'm saying. If you're a Dion Sanders and you can play baseball and football, play both. You know, music is not off the table for me. You know, I'm not telling you that I'll never make another record.
Speaker 2: It's just right.
Speaker 13: You're gonna make another record right well, right now, my priority is TV. I'm sorry, certain it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: So I'm not saying this off the table. But you know, you gotta you gotta try different things.
Speaker 6: You gotta you know, you gotta move, you gotta you know what I'm saying, like make things happen, and not be like afraid to like fall back for a second, Like I'm not afraid, Like I don't feel like, you know, if I if I make a song, it'll be like I.
Speaker 2: Never left as soon as after the record go off.
Speaker 3: Because N two D Yeah this movie, oh yeah, that was yeah, that was stuck pull Stick of the Nigga as Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Eight ball back Pocket. I didn't know you actually took. It's just eight ball to I'm sorry, I didn't know. You want to pull you win, you win that. Yeah, but you know, don't worry out.
Speaker 6: Don't worry out the videos, you know, the movies and so out.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, no, it's all uncle.
Speaker 6: When it comes to the movies, I don't limit myself with the characters, whatever role it is. You know, I'm not above any roller blow, any roles. If I respond to the role and I feel like it's something good, I'll do it right now. Playing Sam Hannah on n C, I s little say Angel, this is a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: We're going into my next season. I know that you put your gun very professional that, but let me tell it. Can tell what you learned that? No, he talking about getting you at all?
Speaker 6: You know? Yeah, yeah, Now, I went down to like Camp Pendleton and trained with like the Marines and the Special Ops guys, the sailors down you know, hung out with a master gunnery sergeant from the Marines who taught me a lot. I went to SWAT school, you know, and did a lot of let's go back.
Speaker 3: To you stick the nigga and yeah, yeah hit him, yeah yeah he got the next question. Yeah, yeah, Well yeah, they sucked.
Speaker 2: Me up in real life. Yeah, him up and I knew you. I was good. But when down like, I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: He was like, oh yeah, you know that's a brutal scene.
Speaker 2: If you haven't seen it too deep, go check it out. It's a brutal scene. Is a brutal scene. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But going back to music real quick, you're one of the first New York artists to kind of be by coastal when you worked with Pooh l A Posse And how did that?
Speaker 6: I'm about basically what happened was, uh, you know at that time, you know, after my first album, Rick Rubin left def Jam, and uh, we were trying to figure out what my next move is gonna be because he produced my first album, the whole first album. Yeah, yeah, we did the whole first album together. It was his first album to first full album.
Speaker 3: And so after that, he can't just say that it makes a note that.
Speaker 2: Makes Yeah.
Speaker 3: So after that, Volt Cameras, you gotta start clamming to clapping too. I understand filming, but listen, Volt Cameras, you gotta clap too.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you too, guy, all right, terrible, terrible, I'm sorry. So now, so you know, uh, you know.
Speaker 6: I went and Russell had heard, you know, the L A Posse because they had made some records that he felt was in the zone to introduced me to him. I met Bobcat, big up to Bob, you know, yeah from l A L A L All.
Speaker 3: Wasn't on the radio who mine?
Speaker 6: My first album was Radio. My first song was I Need to Beat. My first song came out in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: It was I Need to Beat.
Speaker 3: Then I had I was born in seventy seven. Yeah, well give them my child.
Speaker 6: Then the second one came out like eighty five. The album came out like eighty five, and then it went from there. But the second album came out around eighty seven.
Speaker 3: But the first albums on Death Jam.
Speaker 2: It was on death Jam. Yes, this is Cela Rock.
Speaker 6: It's Yours was on Death Jam Productions. It was an imprint on Street on Party Time. It was Party Time Records. It was Death Jam Productions. And Rick was having problems him and Russell have and problems getting the money from Party Time for the is Yours Records, so they decided to start their own label. And I was the flagship artist and we made the first album and I actually, you know, first regular, I know that I owned a piece of death Jam as well, and I sold it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I sold it back to them. Yeah yeah, you didn't know that, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: But the first record was radio radio on Rock the Bells radio.
Speaker 2: All of that was on first record. Yeah, and they went and.
Speaker 6: Got to deal with uh when got to deal with no, no, no CBS?
Speaker 3: CBS Yeah, Columbia, we got CBS right.
Speaker 2: Here in the building. CBS. Yeah. Yeah. You know, queens niggas get money with CBS. Oh yeah, certainly there's an answer to that.
Speaker 4: Ya.
Speaker 2: This is what I want.
Speaker 3: I want you to describe back in the days, because it was so rough walking down Jamaica as Oh god, I mean, I mean, listen, people think it's rough walking to Jamaica ad in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: They have no idea what it was. He's in the nineties. Can you describe?
Speaker 6: It was like every any piece of clothing that you had on that was moldly, mildly or remotely valuable was like asking people to rob you.
Speaker 2: Like like if you.
Speaker 6: Had to be at Gazelles on you buy somebody, your gazelles would say to.
Speaker 2: Them, excuse me, because you take it.
Speaker 5: It was like the gazelles. We're talking if you had a sheepskin and be like, hey, get me rock please, he said, help me.
Speaker 2: Come on please.
Speaker 6: It was crazy, Yo, it's crazy, and listen crazy describe to people.
Speaker 2: Listen, let me describe to people.
Speaker 3: Because one day Nas just told me, he said, one day me and is just kicking it, be talking and nah, I said, And he came to.
Speaker 2: Left Rack and he's like, he came to left Rack.
Speaker 3: He was like, I can't believe the amount of respect that nobody don't bother you here.
Speaker 2: And I was like, this is my hood, he said. Do you imagine what l L went through those days? Mind you, we had no fact. But remember remember I.
Speaker 6: You know, you know I was hanging with you know, the guys I was hanging with you.
Speaker 2: I wasn't really having a lot of problems like you knows right, yeah, you know, you know I was.
Speaker 6: I was with guys that were so official and thorough in the street that you know, you know, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Wasn't having those issues, you know.
Speaker 6: And and I wasn't looking for me either, because you know what I've learned, I don't I never, I never in my life have tried to be a tough guy. And I never hung around gangsters and tried to act like I was one, because that's how you get yourself in trouble. Just be who you are, be yourself, you know what I mean. And so I never had a lot of issues. I had a few fights, you know, I grew up fighting. You know, I wasn't, you know, having a shootout.
Speaker 2: We could tell you a couple of down we knew you could fight, you know, a couple of people.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I had to come doune moments.
Speaker 6: I tell you a funny story when a little kid just a little mischief. So when I was a little kid, you know, when it was snow outside, we decided it was a good idea, you know, take like no, no, no, to take rocks and cinder blocks and cover them with snow and then throw them at cars.
Speaker 5: Like don't ask me why we thought this was a good idea, right breaking, you know what.
Speaker 6: So one day, so one day I'm in my grandmother's yard. Not to throw a god damn big ass rock with snow around it, because you know the car is not gonna stop. They say, oh, look at the little kids with snowballs and They're like, sh right, why didn't yo?
Speaker 2: We were so we was in there.
Speaker 6: A man came around the corner and I was looking over there and I seen the window roll down like that. All I see was a little flash, and like you all was running. I hit behind a snow mound. Did you hear me?
Speaker 2: A snow man?
Speaker 6: Snow bullets got snow man. And then I like ran fell down at the basement.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was soon flashing lights. Was the gun going off?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Flashing light lights?
Speaker 2: You know the lights lights?
Speaker 6: And I'm like rant and you know how to Queen's the basement windows got that that? I don't know what you know, it's like a you know, it's like a thing down in the house for the so you can open the basement windows. I found out there. Tore my ankles up and all that. So I had a little mischief in my life a little bit, but for the most part, I stayed out of trouble, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry to bring this up, but I have to bring it up. We're always managed by violator management. We all was under the tutors. I don't know if that's a word, but you know what I mean it is of Chris. Lady, I asked fifty cent this, I asked, all violator are that's when they come on here?
Speaker 2: Like because it affected me.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, I love Chris deeply, and his daughter Tiffany is a good differend of my kids, and she's at the house all the time, and uh, you know, she hangs with my wife and hangs with the kids and all that. First of all, Chris and my relationship was a little different from probably yours in fifties because Chris got in the business after me, so we had a different You was already an yeah, yeah, I was already. So you know, we had a different type of relationship, you know, and you know we were friends, right and we were you know, I looked at you know, we looked at each other's counterparts. And he managed me. He did he made a lot of things for me. But our relationship, you know, was what you think, all right, what you think, Let's get axt let's get wild, like I remember when he was interning at Death Jam and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But the thing I remember most about Chris.
Speaker 6: Is that he was a really really, really really smart guy and he was a good dude. Right, and he wasn't soft like I remember Chris used to let me in the tunnel when he was a bodyguard at the tunnel.
Speaker 2: Christ used to do security. Christian to do security tunnel and he would be outside. I heard he was running the tunnel. Heard his security. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. He he was christ Christmas.
Speaker 6: Chris was you know, he may have been involved in the business aspects too. But when I seen Chris, he had a bulletproof vessel on outside the front door, like yo, And I like this.
Speaker 14: Man, mister man, come on in, YO. Know he's like a good fella. You know, he was a gagster, you know, Christmas. It was a real guy. I'm glad I met him later he was Yo, I'm telling you.
Speaker 6: And but I mean all of your all of the people you know, like I'll tell you just to switch gears for a minute.
Speaker 2: Like Leo. The first time I met Leo. Leo was a promoter in l A.
Speaker 6: And when I met him, he came to pick me up from the airport because I had a show.
Speaker 3: Where he was a promoter and promoter Angels.
Speaker 2: When you say l A Los Angeles, Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: And the driver's daughter didn't open. I mean the passenger daughter and opened you had to get in the call through the driver's side, both of us, and we drove and he was telling me how we're going to change hip hop and let.
Speaker 2: Me tell you something.
Speaker 6: He was prophetic though, because everything he talked about came true. But he was very much you know, I mean, this was a guy that was walking around with you know, no lasers in the sneakers, you know, behind like chasing behind jam as to Jay joint in his mouth, you know what I'm saying. Like he was a real like like he wasn't this the corporate titan that he ultimately became. But I always had respect for him because Leo is the one who made the deal. See, I owned my whole catalog. You still own I didn't, but I owned it ultimately with my deal. You know, when I got to a certain position with death Jam, I did a deal with I owned my catalog, right. Leo is the one that did that deal. So I have to always respect Leo for that because you know, he and have to do it. They were trying to figure out how to make a deal that was rich enough for me to want to stay, and you know, at the same time they wanted to come up to a certain number, but not go beyond that. So you know, I said, well, you know, give a catalog, and they said, okay, we work that out and we got the catalog. So deaf Jam has a really small interest in my catalog.
Speaker 2: I own it. And so when you hear llll cool.
Speaker 6: All that, when you hear ll Cali, yeah yeah, Mama said, yeah. You know, so when you hear my records and movies and on TV and stuff, I've licensed that.
Speaker 2: You know, anytime you hear llll cool j song, llll has licensed it. That's another goal I'm going to take after you. Yeah, I took I took the white Ship. It worked. But let me tell you so, let me be, let me be transparent. The reason the reason I'm sharing this.
Speaker 6: Is because I don't think the hip hop community understands a lot of the things that you know, I've been doing one in my career. I think that it's been kind of a mystery. And I never was a guy that like asked my publicists to get me in Forbes. I've never been the guy who really went out of his way to try to market myself as smart. And I just never did that because I came from all of a pure place of just wanting to rock the mic, you know, And it was never like I give you another thing, Like there was this whole rumor back in the days that ll cool J, you know, he's upset because he didn't become the president of Death Jam, which is can I can I just say something like I can't even describe to you how ultimately and utterly ridiculous that is. And let me explain to you why why would it look I wanted you to be there?
Speaker 2: Did Michael Jackson want to be the president of Motown?
Speaker 3: Like I ain't confronted.
Speaker 2: I don't relate to Michael. I didn't. I never wanted that. I wanted to make music, see but.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get a budget from you.
Speaker 6: Maybe the thing is I just always I just wanted to be an artist, nory, Like I'm not ashamed of being a rapper, like I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't need to. I don't need to convince you.
Speaker 6: That I'm more than a rapper, Like I'm okay with that. So when that's all I want to all I want to do is be a rapper and be the best rapper, Like.
Speaker 2: That's what I grew up going to do. So let me ask you something, right.
Speaker 3: Right, when you hear stories like Lil Wayne, right where Lil Wayne is getting maybe taken advantage of it, we don't really know.
Speaker 2: Ye we already do what we see. There's nothing, you know what, Let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: There's nothing that Lil Wayne did wrong, and I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why because, like I told you, I own my catalog and I tell you that ultimately I got a great deal. But you know what, if Russell was the worst person in the world, he could have easily taken advantage of me. He could have easily gave me one of those bozo deals that you hear nightmares about.
Speaker 2: But you know what, Russell wasn't that kind of guy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, early on we did my publishing fifty fifty. Ultimately I got all my publishing back, of course, but early on it was like that.
Speaker 2: But even then with my first contract, he only went fifty to fifty. He didn't take it all. So so a lot of that.
Speaker 6: A lot of times when you hear about guys with bad deals, that says more about the executives that they were dealing with than the actual artists.
Speaker 2: It's not about them being dumb. It's not about them being.
Speaker 6: Dumb, because, you know what, some guys I give them credit, like some of the guys you know, like I told you I hung around a lot of street guys, but I wasn't. That's not who I was, right, I wasn't a hustling personally. Those were just my friends. But so some guys who are actually hustlers and hustlers and actually had that life, they get to benefit from all the experiences that they had hustling, so when they come into the game, they're able to make better deals earlier. But some of us, because we weren't hustlersm because we didn't experience.
Speaker 2: You know, getting cheated and screwed and scammed. We didn't. We were just innocent kids rapping.
Speaker 6: May have been from a rough community, but we were really just innocent kids who loved the rhyming.
Speaker 2: So when you go in and you sign your deal, it's not the greatest deal in the world because you're just excited to be there.
Speaker 6: Then you don't have that maturity and that grit and that you know, that grizzle that allows you to you know, make a better deal early. So some of these guys did benefit. There were benefits for some of them. Some benefited, some didn't. But I don't blame any of these younger artists.
Speaker 2: You know. Now, what I would say.
Speaker 6: Is that now with the Internet, because the Internet wasn't what it was, well, there's access to information. You have information out there, so you got to want the information. You got to want to make a great deal. Do you want to make a great deal? Are you patient? Do you have the bulls to say no? Because are you comfortable saying no?
Speaker 3: That was the crazy thing is when when def Jam we got theyself together, I asked them like, are you bringing back l And they never asked them my question. Well they do. But you know, to be to be fans of your death Jam is Leon Kevin Russell Simmons, I'm asking now what.
Speaker 2: It is is that you know?
Speaker 6: Look, you know, when you're young and you don't know how to play the political game, you rup you can rub people.
Speaker 2: The wrong way.
Speaker 3: Like you are the Death Jam, But you didn't rub nobody wrong.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, But you can't.
Speaker 6: Like what I'm saying basically is that man like you know, nobody's perfect.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't you know.
Speaker 6: I don't begrudge those guys nothing, because you know the resistance that I you know, you know, pressure makes diamonds, man, you know, it could bust pikes, but it makes diamonds. So the resistance that that I felt and the little things that they did just encouraged me to go out there and do something greater.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Oh, now, if I drink another bottle of rolls, you know we might fly to Queens.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest, yo, I have never been a man more than I was the man when I had you come to my hood. Now, I had you listen this day. I had Cameron come to my hood. I had Jim Jones come to my hood. I had run DMC come to my hood. I had everybody come to my hood. But the one thing that everybody said was like, we're not going inside. L was the only person said I'm going inside.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking at you like you sure you said you said, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I'm good people, But I still feel like you don't feel like you don't really realize.
Speaker 2: No, No, let me give you a promise because I have to do it.
Speaker 3: I still don't feel like you've realized how much that you meant to people in Queens. Now, if my partner's from Miami, he's born in la he might have a whole totally different thing. But for us in Queens, there was no other nigga that we wanted to be. I mean, nas, I mean, I remember one time me and Fat Joe we had an hour and a half conversation.
Speaker 2: Or who means more to him? L L to him or to me? That beautiful.
Speaker 6: That's the first time I felna fight.
Speaker 3: I said, Fat Joe, you can't claim l you from the Bronx last you gotta stop.
Speaker 2: I love Joe? Was like, what, I love Default.
Speaker 3: You don't love him as much as I love him, but Default and he just didn't like I'm talking about we seriously arguing.
Speaker 2: I felt that this argument happened six times.
Speaker 6: That's crazy and it's a blessing.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: That's That's how real hit. This is what Drink Champs is about. I don't know if you know, L Drink Champions is about giving the stars flowers when they could smell them, and give them trees when they could inhale them. Yeah, because every other genre, every other music, when these people become icons of classics, they support them. Why doesn't hip hop have that platform?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, L yeah, you're doing this. You're doing it. You aren't doing it. God damn it. Five get smarter than me. You get smarter than me, don't you listen? L cool J can the Left Right City. And I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: I was so embarrassed because I was like, I was like, yo, you know what you need to walk through?
Speaker 2: You walk through.
Speaker 3: I was like, I hope a crackheadn't pee and it.
Speaker 2: Was mad and I'm looking at him. I'm like, this niggas gonna leave. Well he didn't smell the.
Speaker 10: P he didn't see the being that I don't know.
Speaker 3: But not only that, you not only filmed the video, you actually came and chilled and compones Van Fantastic and we started watching I remember, and you actually like people got to really understand how cool because you know why we put you on a pedestal in Queens and we should you deserve that pedestal and you should stay in that pedestal. But at the same time, people should understand how cool you are, how down the earth you are, how how you you'll say anybody you.
Speaker 6: Know what, man, even no matter what I'm doing in my life, you know, I always tell people, you know, I'm in Hollywood, but I never went Hollywood.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. And you know, keep talking like what happened? You take the cameras he's taking. Yeah, I talked to so you know that was the thing. You know, this is a funny moment, right man, But you know that was the thing. You know, that was the thing for you. You know what I'm saying. Whatever happened to cut creator? Man, See, I'm gonna take the DJ opportunity. Yeah, No, Jay J. Phil Potter is my man. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: We just I just felt like creatively, I wanted to stretch a little bit and try some new things. But that he's always my friend. He's still my friend. We speak and he does like Tom Joyner, he does.
Speaker 10: Different cruise, he does different parties.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. He's work, Yeah, yeah, he's still working. You know.
Speaker 6: But I've been using z trip you know what I mean. And Z Trip have been you know, DJ Z Trip has been DJing for me for.
Speaker 2: Damn featuring the toilet Man. That was crazy. Remind me the five heart beats or some ship toilet flushing and all that.
Speaker 6: But now he's good. I'm with z Trip for about almost ten years. Yeah, yeah, that's my man. Now I'm saying that's been like a vibe.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm gonna be honest. When you walk through my hood.
Speaker 2: This guy went to hop and come right back on it like that's what you do. That's that's how it happens. But I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I wish my nephew was here.
Speaker 2: You got to relax. I was talking about you in theory. That's my naw. Look here yo, here ya holdie. In the video, I was talking about you in theory. I didn't know it was. Yeah, but it meant so much to our hood. It meant so much of.
Speaker 3: Our neighborhood when you came out. Because we've been to Farmers. We understand what Farmers is, the red block, the red, black and green rock. How crazy Farmers Boulevard is like from back then. See, a lot of people aren't like Farmers is almost gentified now almost a little bit.
Speaker 2: You got old fools. You gotta hold listen. No, no, they still got to you know.
Speaker 6: Nah, hell no, they might have old fools over there, but it ain't. It ain't gentrified once you got a old fools. I don't think it's a whole fools over there.
Speaker 3: I feel like you gotta juice ball once, you gotta juice balls over.
Speaker 2: Not that Jamaican's is running it.
Speaker 12: That was.
Speaker 6: Jamaican fruits and juices. That's a dreads now, queasy. Now, Farmers ain't gentrified. But you know it's a beautiful community. It may not people may have may not have a lot of a lot of money, but they got a lot of dignity and they want to you know, they want to make something better for their families and they want to have a life, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And that you got a melting pot of people.
Speaker 6: You got Haitians, you got Jamaicans, you got Dominicans, you got you know, people you know from all different you know, just like all in that community.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful. I think it's a beautiful place. You know. Well, my friend Steph, Steph is from Farmers, right.
Speaker 6: Okay, can we ask him if there's a whole Foods because I'm really not sure.
Speaker 2: No, he's crazy, he's taking mad. I can't even talk. But I love him. I went to I.
Speaker 6: Went to my people was like, oh my god, why are you going there?
Speaker 3: But Stepp is from Farmers Boulevard. So I used to go to Farmers Boulevard. I used to sit on the rock, the black I just sit on it as a chat Oh that's crazy as a chad. But this then then you came out and I was like, oh my god, I got killed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that area now it's you know that area has been some it's definitely it's like all any other. No, no, no, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Want one shot, you know? He said to me shots would listen? I would you take care? Fifty took ninety he took more than that. How many cel city actually take one of or the five? Five? Okay?
Speaker 3: He taking one?
Speaker 2: Fifty took five shots? Is crazy? Fifty seves at the ball? How many shot city takes me? Thank you out man? Now fell together the way you wanted to hear, Big you up, because he got big up to fifth. That's my man. That's my man.
Speaker 3: But I don't drink though, I don't drink like that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: I drink occasionally, but now I don't drink like that occasions. What you like, he's drink Champs. I'm in a podcast called drink Champs. How can I sit here and drink?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm gonna city and drink all right, you know what I mean? Let met some more champagne. You want to good, I'm good. You got to take a shot this more.
Speaker 6: Already we had to pay a presson talking God drink the house.
Speaker 2: We had carrossid we had had a million. Carros had a million times. I can't lie had a million.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to cannabis because I just want to. I just want you to. I just want you to understand how you destroyed a man's career.
Speaker 2: But it was dope. I mean, but he can't eat. I brought him out at the Barclay Center when I did the.
Speaker 6: Concert, and yeah, but he's already broke. But put my mom around him and brought him out there.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was too late.
Speaker 2: You crushed him, too late, too late. Baby.
Speaker 3: But in your mind, in your mind, you said, I gotta crush this little nigga.
Speaker 2: But why did you do that?
Speaker 3: Because you know why, I was defending myself because he was he was he was like computer literate at this time when nobody else he was the only nigga writ in rhymes on a computer and I had a session with him. I said, what is he doing? He wrote up round Gonna Caele. I didn't like it personally, but you you acted on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ain't like it.
Speaker 7: I'm not.
Speaker 2: How far form being petty? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I got some petty pills. I take a petty pill every now and take petty pill. You take a petty pill every now and take a petty pill every day, not every day.
Speaker 6: I don't take it every day, you know, I try to do my you know, they go, they go low, I go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send lady in the petty bills, the petty pills just in case. It's definitely a little you go out with that. I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it to Claudy behind because.
Speaker 6: I wish, I wish hold me the best though. You know, I don't want to see anybody have.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, because you know, some people they don't understand that when you crush a person's career like you actually crushed their life.
Speaker 2: Do you are you ever like?
Speaker 3: Because you know, Cood has never had a hit record since you you slaughtered him.
Speaker 2: Why why? Why? Why? Why? He never had a hit record after you dissed them.
Speaker 3: I'm just throwing that's awful.
Speaker 6: You know, man, listen, man about his decisions. You got to make your own decisions. He got to make decisions decisions. You know, you get you know, you get to the crossroads. You got to pick right or left?
Speaker 3: O you crush these people career? Can you say something nice for them?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 12: No, not.
Speaker 3: Nice, but say something the reason why? Because why did I do what I did?
Speaker 2: Because very simple.
Speaker 6: Please, I'm making me I make it very easy for you. My thing is this, you know, this was my feeling. My feeling is you know, I have a fan base. I have people that you know, look to me and enjoy my music and celebrate my art. If you come out talking about, you know, me in the foul way and trying to undermine me, you're trying to get in my pocket and you stepping on my toes and you're in the way, and I got to get you out of the way immediately.
Speaker 2: That that was my thinking on it.
Speaker 3: And Mama said, not you out at a minimum?
Speaker 12: A minimum listen, listen, Oh God, could be your story. I'm that was That was it.
Speaker 3: That was it, and and and but Cannabis. I just felt like no, because you know what, I noticed my nephew that relax.
Speaker 2: Why you tapping me?
Speaker 3: I want to ask him sound, ask him sounds to fight itself with Jamie Fox, Like.
Speaker 2: Any given Sunday, I've seen that. I seen that movie yesterday. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: This is why God is good time. I'm I can't sleep because you know what, I still listen, Petty.
Speaker 2: Pills, just keep you up. I can't Petty, I can't sleep. Let me tell you listen.
Speaker 3: Whenever I interview an artist, I want to give them the most respect ever, because because hip hop should be a celebration. And I sat down with Leo Combs the other day and he said, the reason why you're winning.
Speaker 11: Because sibration this is going to be.
Speaker 2: You are actually celebrating it. It's a world.
Speaker 3: Don't look at I'm looking right and then and again it's Sunday is on my TV. So I look at it and in mind you, I forgot I had did like two or three songs for it.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, oh, my Visitior.
Speaker 3: But then I'm looking and I'm like damn. And then when you and Jamie Fox actually interacted and me hearing the rumors, I'm actually looking at it like.
Speaker 2: This is great cinema. This is a really great cinema, Like this is actually now I'll tell you what happened, tell us what happened. We don't know what really happened.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 6: The real story is that I am you know, when we were doing the scene, you know, I think you know, Jamie, although he was experienced to someone, he was still a little green. I wasn't quite as green, but I was green too, and you know, you know, meaning inexperience, you know what I'm saying. So we were doing the scene, I was being aggressive and I was like, yo, you got but this is character to character.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, you gotta.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm seeing that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: What he did something like that. I did a huddle and I'm like, yo, you gotta. And I'm slack.
Speaker 6: But his shoulders and this and that and you know, but yeah, okay, but he's got equipment on it. It's not like, you know, we're not in the pool. You know, he's got a quickment on you know, yo, yo yo. So he got upset and he's like, yo, you know, it's not being so rough with me. So I was like, you know, that didn't compute.
Speaker 2: So we came.
Speaker 6: So we did another take and I was rough with him again. And then you know, I don't know why, but you know, he thought it was a good idea to puns me in my face.
Speaker 2: Not in the script. No, it wasn't the script. No, this wasn't scripted. No, no, no, you're not keeping the honey with you. You want me to keep it, honey, keep it honey. He punched me. He pushed me in my face. So I looked at him. After he pussed me my face, I said, what do you do that? You looked that up? Yeah, pushed me in the face and looked at him. I said, I would you know what I said, I feel like like that. I said it like that. I could not quite. I looked I was a little tight. I was tight. You know, I was giving him tight. I was tight. I was giving him I'm like, looked at him. I said, what'd you do that?
Speaker 6: He said, look and he like was turned to the side. He had his helmet on. He had his helmet on, he was turned.
Speaker 2: To the side. He said, I told you before, don't put your hands on me period.
Speaker 8: So yo.
Speaker 6: When he said that, my left hand grabbed a face mask and as I was pulling this helmet.
Speaker 2: Off, my right hand was.
Speaker 10: Punching his ship, you know, like you know what I'm saying, queen. And then you know, he was laying there and I was like, I thought he's faking because he was sleep. No, that's not what they Then the whole team jumped on.
Speaker 2: Me, right, so they wrestled me down, you know, the whole team bring it up.
Speaker 6: So so so I'm under the huddle and I'm like yeah, yeah, and then somebody tries to reach in and like give me a little eye gall did that right? So oh yeah that was but not a good idea because I turned my head to the side and went he caught his head and.
Speaker 5: I just like, that's the three with the whole m m A thing. Yeah, you're gonna give me a leg lock. I'm biting you a sophagishole like all that leg locks it. I'm gonna bite your throat off me.
Speaker 12: Like we go.
Speaker 2: We got to get it in like this ain't the rules is out her to the side and he pulled his.
Speaker 6: Hand out the thing and then they finally broke it up and then and then, but but since then, me and Jamie got cool and we.
Speaker 2: Haven't laughed about it. I heard we have laughed about it. We made songs together like cool. So I don't I'm not telling the story now, but you know what it is. It's just you know, but you know, Oliver's crazy, Oliver Stone.
Speaker 3: He had Yeah, he was the dressed action the guy that's actually the sports announcer and given he's actually yes, that's in there and I'm leaving, he's.
Speaker 2: Like, he's who wrote scarf fake face so tune. You know, he's amazing. So you know, it was just a funny time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But you know that was the thing.
Speaker 6: You know, It's just you know, Jamie, you know, he just got off, you know, he was he was on this Willie Beamon and I couldn't take it and all that. But like, you know, you know, you know, you know, and under the right circumstances, you might let a punch slot.
Speaker 2: You might.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know it's not impossible. Now, everybody's not a straight murderer all the time.
Speaker 2: Dude hits you.
Speaker 6: Under the right circumstances, you be like if you would have said to me like, you know, you know, I just and I'd have been like, you know, I don't even know if I could have took it.
Speaker 2: Then I take that back. I could have took it, I couldn't take I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't handle that ship because you didn't handle it.
Speaker 6: You drove me as saying I would have been waking up in the middle of the night just like you played me like I just couldn't take it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So because you even beat niggas up who broke in your house, the niggas that broke in your house, you pounded them out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't want to That's that's a rough one because the difference with that is that that wasn't funny because I was terrified.
Speaker 3: Oh world, will of course.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, man, if it's one in the morning, you know, and you come down.
Speaker 6: From this is Kelly, why I gotta show you your segues on the questions.
Speaker 2: You're very smooth and it's very expective. It's a very smooth and subtle. It's a nice thing.
Speaker 5: You do it because you hook a scene, you get nice your baby, you set it up, you see it up and the next thing you know we're gonna talking.
Speaker 2: It's money, Kelly. That's good. That's good. That's good. Attorney, that's good. That's good. That's good.
Speaker 5: That is good to me.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, very smooth, I'm so sorry. It was amazing, Like it was like it was wonderful to watch, you know, that was that was crazy at me too.
Speaker 6: But now when the dude broke in my house, the difference is that, you know, I had fights growing up, and we've all all of us. I'm sure everybody in this room had fights in the hood and different things, you scraps or whatever, But but how many of us have really for our lives.
Speaker 2: Maybe dudes in jail you might get that feeling. You know, you did a big you feel like you're fighting for your life, fighting.
Speaker 6: For your life, doesn't it's not the same funny feeling like fighting like in the whole just.
Speaker 2: You know, let's get it, let's get it.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, I'm like, I'm really scary anything. This is a for keeps. You know, I'm gonna get it in like whatever. Only read it on TM.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was idea And so it was one in the morning, and uh, you know, the the alarm pad went off, but it's you know, how you have an alarm, and like for those of who have an alarm, it'll give you a minute to put your colt in, it'll go and you have to turn your alarm off. Well mine just went, and so I went to the keypad some on sleep and I'm looking at the keypad. I'm like, family room. And she said family room, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: And so I'm thinking, you mean when telling you.
Speaker 2: With a default is the default?
Speaker 6: I think that's the word. So you know, you know, I'm in my draws this one in the morning, so I just say, you know what I'm thinking. It's like my daughter sneaking in, you know, I don't know she come in. And with that, I'm like, oh, don yeah, me go down here.
Speaker 2: And see what's happening. So I'm just walking downstairs my draws.
Speaker 6: I turned the alarm off, walk downstairs, come down, And when I was going towards the kitchen, he's coming out of the kitchen and then we face the face.
Speaker 2: And he's got all black on, he's got a.
Speaker 6: Big bag, he's got the man the lawn mant in big boots, you know, and he's looking.
Speaker 2: At hussy black. No, he's white. He's a white dude. Oh you you pounded him out. I mean, oh god, oh god, let's let's go there. Oh god, I mean, you know fine, like it was freaky. It was freaky.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, stupid mother, stupid mother, stupid mother, stupid mother, mother, stupid mother that you have, stupid mother, stupid everything you get, every stupid mother you get.
Speaker 2: Driver but everywhere.
Speaker 6: And I was like, you know, and then I you know, I got him down, and then it took the police about you skipped.
Speaker 2: You got him down. I don't want to, but we rock for a minute. And you hit him with that cross.
Speaker 6: And when you got your draws on, that's some real like, that's some real gorilla, like the grilla.
Speaker 2: I feel like you like for the old school dudes.
Speaker 5: I feel like penite. You know, my draws all the ship. You know, No, it's like melhe I'm swinging and rooting.
Speaker 3: It's like it's made so mund you walking downstairs.
Speaker 2: You don't you don't know, you think yo, yo, you and your draws everything. I don't care.
Speaker 6: You in your drawers in your house, going to get some juice, drinking out the juice.
Speaker 5: But that nobody knows you drink out of and the same one you gift all your guests.
Speaker 15: Nobody knows if you tear that. You know, you know, you know, And I just went down in their homes, came out of nowhere and it was just like, you know, it was tiring.
Speaker 6: He was like, I was like, and it's just you know, we just had the rock like now and then you know, and the pro I'll tell you the deepest thing though, you know, this is the part that's not fun even, is that there was a point when I had to decide whether or not he should stay alive. You and him know, when I had him some dude, because I didn't if he had anyone else with him.
Speaker 3: Some dude.
Speaker 6: When I had him, when I had control of the situation, when I had him on the ground, on his back, on his stomach, finished and you know, laying there, I had to make that decision because I didn't know if he had someone upstairs. You know, I didn't know if people were coming from so I had to think I didn't have rope available, like I'm not playing.
Speaker 2: Like you know, ll Max and.
Speaker 6: Rope around the house and just in case I have to tire up somebody, you know.
Speaker 2: So I'm like looking at the dude, and I had to make a decision, you.
Speaker 6: Know, you know, and I credit I credit someone because she's like just just just wait the gouds.
Speaker 2: She's calling the cops. She got on the nine one one. You know. I saw my daughter come down the steps and she's like, God's like with the with the drawers on.
Speaker 6: I'm like, this is freaky. And my youngest daughter slept through the whole thing. She had a playmate, she had a playmate or a play date, and she had you know, somebody over the house. They slept through the whole thing. And then her parents was the interesting thing. Her parents called the next like that morning when we woke up, there was like, oh.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, she can stay. You know, it's no problem, Like is that my daughter?
Speaker 7: Like I'm just.
Speaker 2: Oh, just what I'm like, yo, they must be having a really good time whatever they're doing. They got some really big rings because.
Speaker 3: You know, so that was it because people were telling me you gotta leave and I gotta respect you because I really love you. But before we get up out of here, I need to know about.
Speaker 2: Raised down.
Speaker 6: She was raised represent queen. She was raised out brook represent Queen. She was raised out in Brooklyn. What about it?
Speaker 3: I just needed you to break that down.
Speaker 2: I represent Queen because Angie Martinez forever. I thought it was about her. They're serious not saying the record was about her. Oh I'm saying he represented that record. Okay, let me get.
Speaker 7: My first.
Speaker 2: What happened a lot?
Speaker 16: I didn't mean like that, but I mean like because she was oh yeah, yeah, no, no, it's just a record, like you know, that was it was what it was, you know, it was.
Speaker 6: It was funny because you know that was a beat that Rashard had let me hear. It's lights of blinking.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. Oh, I thought that was the real I just uh that beat.
Speaker 6: You know, Puffy actually had wanted that beat for Biggie, and you know he called me, I want my beat back, saying not so much.
Speaker 2: And nah, but you know, Puff my man and Big understood. You know what I'm saying, It was mine. It was what it was.
Speaker 6: It was just like you know, you know how producers they play everybody beats and Biggie you know, he really, you know, God bless him me recipeces and talented artists. He really had his heart set on that one, you know, but you know that's how it went.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite producer? Producer? I'll getting a studio? What I mean, there's some.
Speaker 6: Amazing producers out there. Man, it would be I mean, give me one. I don't even want to.
Speaker 2: Say, man, give me two. I don't even want to say.
Speaker 6: But yo, it's some crazy producers. Give me a top three producers, some top three, top three?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think, uh I think Dre is serious. I agree. I think I think Timberland is serious. And uh I didn't expect that one.
Speaker 6: You know, it's been a while, but you know, Molly was really really serious, you know what I mean in Primo and Primo, you know, Promo serious.
Speaker 2: Really I really wanted you to say, Molly, ma I really I really do, like like yo, yo, listen man, you know I love all of these dudes.
Speaker 3: Man, my son, My son is scared to walk through yea, give them five, Give them five, yo.
Speaker 2: VI and you're a revolt.
Speaker 3: TV got that man, because this is because this is because you know, your people is telling me you got to go, and I.
Speaker 2: Gotta respect your people.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so and you know what, because I respect you because if it wasn't for you. In a lot of ways, it wouldn't be mean. And I always respect I respect you too, but I have to ask because I feel like you brought this to hip hop.
Speaker 2: The go the greatest of all time. That phrase came from you know, I got it.
Speaker 6: I got it from a LEI. You know what I'm saying. We didn't know that from you know Ali. You know what we're saying, the greatest all time, But I made it to go.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, creates a go all time. I think I probably have one of the greatest careers. You know.
Speaker 6: I think that on any given days, somebody can make a better song. But it's really about a career and it's about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are the greatest all time. I feel like I feel like, you know a lot of times, a lot of times. You gotta remember that.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 6: I don't know, you know, but if I got pop one Mama said knock you out, came out, maybe people would feel different about me.
Speaker 2: You gotta relax because you want that, you know, you want what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm saying like if something had if I was you know, got shot or was finished out or got.
Speaker 2: Done, you got if somebody didn't, let's not wish that. No, I never I don't received that at all.
Speaker 6: God, No, I don't know where you're saying, like, oh if Rock Kim would have went away. What I'm basically saying is that that there is something magical that happens with great artists when they're not here.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they get you know, look at people grow to appreciate them.
Speaker 3: But it's magical happening with you right now while you being doing TV.
Speaker 2: I'm blessed magical. Just in case you're on the Lip Sinc Battle. We are all sitting based like everything's hip hop, all the moves I made.
Speaker 3: You have to be here, but but I.
Speaker 7: Wanted to be here because and you came here because you hip hop and you and you fucking hip hop.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you out.
Speaker 3: But I just want you to know that if you never heard it before, even though you brung this phrase.
Speaker 2: To hip hop, you are the greatest of all time.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. And what's what's really you? Alive? I am? I am, I'm truly I am.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people say this all time recipes, that's true, that's true, recipes.
Speaker 2: I'd much rather be alive and debating it about that one. We say the greatest alling on. You know, we're saying the greatest on time this time, you know, Rome for this time. But listen, L, we really appreciate you, L. I know you gotta go. We know you're on a schedule. We understand everything you do.
Speaker 3: This is what we do, what our culture, our society. Excuse me, everybody up, there'll be quiet. Our society is about giving our legends flowers when they can smell them, and give them trees when they can hell them. And because you know why, our culture, when you get the thirty years, you get to forty years, you get to forty five or fifty years, they.
Speaker 2: Ride us off.
Speaker 3: But meanwhile Motley Crew was out there torring meanwhile fucking rolling stones.
Speaker 2: And I don't got no beef with them.
Speaker 3: I don't give them myself, but I want to continue to support our culture.
Speaker 6: And you know, also what would help that, I think is, you know, if the veteran artists make better decisions and if they value themselves. Because you know, I am humble, that's true, but I do know my value, no, and I understand who I am. I'm clear about that and you know, my business decisions and the moves that I may reflect that. Yes, and you know, you know, I think a lot of our artists that you know, they forget who they are and then you know, they think that it's about your last hot record.
Speaker 2: But it's not. It's more than that. It's more than just the head.
Speaker 3: It's not everybody be quiet because I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I need to hear it.
Speaker 6: You know, It's about your career. It's about you know, that's one of the things Russell taught me earlier. It's about having a career.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I could go out and play, you know, you know, and have fifty sixty seventy thousand people out there. I can go out there and you know, do festivals. I can go do different things. And I think that, you know, our veterans sometimes they forget that, they forget.
Speaker 2: Who they are.
Speaker 6: They get lost, they get discouraged because they make it about the radio.
Speaker 2: They make it about only fourteen year olds. They make it about but.
Speaker 3: You can't live it out your radio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, why I got a television now, you know, destroy me, you know, So I just you know, I just think we just have to know who we are. We got to believe in ourselves. You know, I wouldn't. What I would say to all the viewers is that you got to remember that dreams don't have deadlines. And you got to remember never to limit yourself. You know, Colonel Sanders started Kentucky Fried Chicken at sixty five years old. There are no limits on this thing. You can be successful as long as you want to be successful. You know, Michael Jackson had made Rest in Peace, had hot records, he had a Soul World tour coming. He was fifty years old when he passed. Don't under don't you know overestimate the gift of youth and underestimate the gift of experience. You know what I'm saying because you know, and like I say to all the artists out there, like there's a lot of a lot of people found out when they put their records on SoundCloud that is not as easy.
Speaker 2: To make hot ship as you thought. It was four views, you got them four or five views? How's that, Frie? How's that worthing for you? You know, remember when you remember when you were critiquing my album, but what you said was trash.
Speaker 4: You know, trash?
Speaker 2: Does it only wait gold? How do four views, feel like now you know what I mean? You know, you know, can you thetty gang me? Because you know, because like they.
Speaker 6: Threw the It's like if one thing I will say about hip hop is a funny to the sidebalk if hip hop was the NBA. It's like they took the ball and threw it to the stands. It's like the mic, like we just said, they just threw the audience in the crowd and say y'all do it. So now everybody's you know, because for every chance the rapper who is truly talented and amazes, for every one of them up, there's a thousand of them that didn't do it. So what am I saying? Basically, what I'm saying is there is some skill involved with this and it does take talent, and it isn't luck. We all need a little bit of luck sprinkled in our lives. But the guys who made it yourself, some of the other artists, you name some of these guys, your favorite.
Speaker 2: Rappers and artists, and they are talented.
Speaker 6: And you know, so what the Internet has showed us is it's given us the opportunity to find out that guess what rappers really are?
Speaker 2: Talented.
Speaker 6: These guys really have talent, they really are artists. Because if that wasn't true in everybody, we're beyond Yeah, there's a few hit what one hit one is here and there, But this thing takes talent, you know, So you know, I think that that's just something that and those old school guys out there, they need to just make better decisions and remember that they're talented and not be not be overwhelmed by this idea that you're obsolete and irrelevant. This is not You know, when you're thirty five years old, you don't need to keep going back.
Speaker 2: To your prom. You know, you don't have to live life like you're going back to the prom thirty nine exactly. I'll be forty this year, young young relative. I'm doing three parties LA, New York and Miami. I love it.
Speaker 3: Can I have your part of one of them?
Speaker 2: I don't know why in the I don't know what happened. I'm trying to, I mean, how you feel.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you, I mean, really look around at the life you've created, like like really look at this, like this is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: I love pon yo, listen, I'm gonna snuff him sooner because he told me he's.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Because let's said, listen, listen, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't invite him to podcast. But when he hit me earlier, listen, you know I lie because I'm come from violator, So I lie to him. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. Had you locked there in two thirty?
Speaker 3: But I told him, of.
Speaker 2: Course you did, because I come from Chris Lighty school. I know, tell you two hours. We can't.
Speaker 6: We can't fall asleep in the getaway cardo. You know, people fall asleep in the getaway cars, like take the bucket and check off the lap and get out the call place. It's like, you know, we gotta you gotta be on time. That's another thing. I'll be on need discipline, be on time. Can we teach the youth about being on time? Because let me tell you something just now. Recently, I've been, you know, doing what I gotta do. T le All hits me and Leo All goes.
Speaker 2: I need to meet you at the Polo lounge right this is in. I know it's loaded. His skin is already set. It's like he's already to meet you at the pull up I haven't believe it's like this. It's like me, Ali ran the actor. We set it all up, but me and Ali is only there. So we pulled up at seven forty five.
Speaker 3: Leo's already there, but he told us to meet it's at eight o'clock. But this is what I'm trying to tell young people is on he told me to meet him at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: We pulled up at seven forty five and he was already ready. There you go. He's sitting there like this, let's go. And I'm like, holy shit because he had the best chair of the meeting and all that. You get the.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 2: So this is what I'm trying to tell young people.
Speaker 3: Is you're not supposed to show up at eight fifteen when it's eight o'clock. For me and people, show up at seven forty five and scope out the joint.
Speaker 6: And also I would also say this, I would say that, you know, the cockiness is great for the records.
Speaker 2: Yes, if I make a redic come to business, If I make a.
Speaker 6: Record tomorrow, it's gonna be the cockiest thing you've ever heard in your life.
Speaker 2: Right, But in between, it's okay to be humble, no humility humility is Okay, I didn't say suito. I didn't say suito. I don't know what suito means.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know I'm talking. Yeah I'm fourth, But you know that's not false like you know for day Zy, you know, you know, but just be humble, you know what I'm saying. And you know people want to help you. Then you know you ain't got to be you know all that all the time, you know, leave it on the records, leave it on your music, leave it on stage.
Speaker 2: But other than that, just be you. You know what I'm saying. And I think you get a lot a lot further, you know in your career.
Speaker 3: Okay, before we get you about it, because I know you gotta go because Clauda is over there.
Speaker 2: I know you gotta go.
Speaker 3: But you actually have it's not just lip Sync Battle.
Speaker 2: It's not just you know, you playing these others.
Speaker 3: You actually have a production describe to these young black kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we can actually help help people.
Speaker 6: Well, I co produced the Grammy nomination show for for about five years. I'm a producer on lip Sync Battle as well.
Speaker 2: Did you know how lightly he said that. You know what I'm saying, I think we should make noise for that.
Speaker 6: If somebody has you know, if somebody has you know, TV ideas or ideas that I think are worthy, I'm not gonna like everything.
Speaker 2: If I don't like it. If I don't like it, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Tell tell the person like I can send to Claudine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. So we gotta be easy. It's a million people. Let me just tell you something.
Speaker 3: One thing for Charlton Insertain when Violator dispersed, Yeah, it was probably the saddest day of my life. It was crazy because I didn't know anything other than Chris Lightighty. I didn't know other things other than Claudine, Laurie Dublin's and so on and so forth. Know this guy, I didn't know nothing.
Speaker 2: I feel you.
Speaker 3: So when when when Chris went away, it was probably the saddest day of my life.
Speaker 2: I feel you because I just didn't know. I don't know what to do. Called Bust and Buster was already had another and he had no no, he did another James. He was James at that time for a minute, but it was like another management.
Speaker 3: It was. It wasn't like James was Valley at that time, and I was just lost, like I'm just now finding myself met a great job. Me personally am one of the the very first person's people.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I said, persons, I'm like dyslexic.
Speaker 3: So it's Claudine, And I said, Claudine was She has never ever made me question her.
Speaker 2: She has never ever done anything.
Speaker 3: And the fact that Claudine is with you lets me know that you're really living out violator.
Speaker 2: And I love you, my brother love me, I love I love that woman. I love that woman slow.
Speaker 3: I love like Claudine. I love Claudine like you don't understand. And she asked, She said, yo, I want to meet your wife. And I made sure my wife came just to meet Claudine because she means so much to my life. Like I'm gonna be honest with you, and I went and looked for her.
Speaker 2: And when I said, damn, she I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't afford her.
Speaker 2: Came last year. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, but I can't thank you enough, because you know what everything, that's what we old Chris Lighty, Chris light to keep his leg First of.
Speaker 2: All, you know, I old Chris on so many levels.
Speaker 6: I mean my mister Smith album him connected me with the track masters. We did that whole doing it record you talked to Chris was down with me when we did that song. You know Chris, you know queen, she was raised. That's the first time together and I.
Speaker 3: Gotta meet yeah, well you know, yeah, well.
Speaker 6: But yeah, Chris was. He was a special guy. And you know he's definitely be sorely missed. And I try to pay it forward by, you know, looking out for Tiffany. You know, when she's in l A, she stays with me, you know, making sure that she's good.
Speaker 3: L Nori and Buster created a new violator And because you know, you know, let me just tell you something, el And I'm sorry this is gonna get very touchy, not for you, not for anybody here.
Speaker 2: But the other day DMX performed right where in the Barclay Center. Okay, the whole hip hop.
Speaker 3: Said, oh, damn X, don't look good DMX.
Speaker 2: You know, he looks like he's smoking, he looks whatever. Whatever.
Speaker 3: But isn't it hip hop's responsibility to say that this man gave us ten million records, this man gave us such and such. Why don't we just come take him and put him in the rehab or put him into whatever. He needs to do to be safe. But you know what, hip hop don't have a union to do that als great? Nor He's great, Ian finished great, Rich Blanco is great, Brandy Actor is great. Shouldn't we give one percent of something so that if anything like this happens, like Chris Light passing tifferently, don't have to worry like DMX you know, have to go in the rehab.
Speaker 2: We can take care of that. I feel like hip hop, ohs hip hop.
Speaker 3: That at my bugging.
Speaker 6: Now, no, you're not bugging, you know, but that's that's a very complicated thing. You know what I mean, you know what you're talking about. I mean, you know, sons can I don't understand sons can't get their mothers off drugs.
Speaker 2: Man, you know that's a tough one. No, no, no, understand what you're saying.
Speaker 6: But in terms of you know, unionizing hip hop and and you know, it's something to think about. Strong management can you know, can create that kind of a vibe. It's not, it's not, it's nothing wrong. Look the laborers, look the people, the guys on the ground floor, the guys who had three four songs, the guys who you know, it would be great.
Speaker 3: If they had the medical court. Come on, we're talking about.
Speaker 2: But three, but three or four? Look, Rob Based and DJ Easy Rock don't deserve to be they the first. Don't mean like, okay, look at you're mad. Okay, I think, yeah, I don't think it's nothing wrong. I think that's a good idea. But you think, people, it takes it.
Speaker 6: It takes a lot of time and a lot of commitment. There's real there's you know, you have to be real about things like but if you gave.
Speaker 3: Ten years of hip hop right right, you're dedicated to hip hop.
Speaker 2: Now you you develop, you develop some type of disease.
Speaker 3: It only takes forty thousand to get to take to get rid of your disease.
Speaker 2: And there's people like us who have it.
Speaker 3: I'll give a band, You'll give a band, jay Z, give a band whatever that person's.
Speaker 6: You know, I would always be willing to contribute to something like that as long as I know.
Speaker 2: Dudes, ain't you know?
Speaker 3: No, No, No, it's transparent. It's transparent.
Speaker 2: Getting low profile got them new pariunt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, it's transparent. We got be transparent, yes, because you know why, Because the thing is, I don't want to give an extra five thousand that I don't want to.
Speaker 6: I would totally, I would have no problem with You know, look, you're not gonna be successful if you don't give period anyway, that's just part of it.
Speaker 2: You know, that comes with territory.
Speaker 6: So if you think you're gonna be able to be a selfish prick and be successful, it's not gonna happen. You're gonna be because the people that are successful are successful because of the things they do right, and the parts of their life where they fail, they're unsuccessful because of the things they do incorrectly. And so you know, because a lot of times people think an evil guy is successful because he's evil. No, he's successful because he's doing something right. He also will reap the rewards of being evil in another area, so don't confuse him. People are successful because of what they do right, period, and they lose because of what they do wrong.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. It's like sports, you win because of what you did right. They'll be repercussions for the but there's repercussions for other things. Flagrance, you know, whatever, you know, turnover like so you know it's consequences.
Speaker 3: You're mass small. I just gotta make a noise for you being mass small, but picture one drop piece of love.
Speaker 2: Y'all. You did any shaping and gold. No, no, I'm good.
Speaker 8: I got you.
Speaker 2: Whatever you're gravy, I'm great. Thank you, thank you,