Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station for Covino.
Speaker 3: Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR. Hey, that's us Friday.
Speaker 2: Would you say I'm sorry Friday Friday?
Speaker 1: Friday, Friday Friday. I'm never eaven Cadino, Rich Davis.
Speaker 2: You never were.
Speaker 1: We're too cool to be excited that it's a weekend.
Speaker 3: Even if you love your job, the weekend feels good, really good.
Speaker 1: I've always said, don't love your job, chop your love. You've always said that.
Speaker 2: I know I love that job, your love job. That's a viral clip. If you don't know what I'm talking about anyway, it's not just any weekend.
Speaker 3: That was the viral clip where it was proven not everyone deserves a podcast.
Speaker 1: It was some it was some influencer girl.
Speaker 3: That's like what I've always said is, don't love your job, job your life.
Speaker 2: Everybody does have a podcast, and they're like opinions. Most of them stink. Cavino and Rich let's go all right, Hey, lots to get to today.
Speaker 3: It was an incredible moment at the Philadelphia Phillies game where a fan got to hop on the mic.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about that brainwave.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play that give away some prizes weekend hob nobbin.
Speaker 1: But let's dive in NFL. Is here. Last night your Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Game, Yeah, I bet rich watched a whole bunch of it, the same amount you probably watched of Quarterback on Netflix.
Speaker 3: I told you a Hall of Fame game I did watch, but Quarterback. I told you this weekend I was gonna watch. Well, you keep pushing it, or did I say last night? I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: Aren't you going to await this weekend? You're not gonna have time to watch?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, maybe like Monday, Danny, Yeah, I will watch Quarterback.
Speaker 1: I promise you.
Speaker 3: Before the NFL season, I will watch every episode of Quarterback. I think because it isn't focus. If I could take away anything to help me make my bets this year, I'm looking for a little hints.
Speaker 1: I think reading these guys, even.
Speaker 2: If you're Panthers or Cardinals fan, you're not necessarily glued to the game. I think it's just meant to bring the vibe back into action. Have it on, watch it, clean it, watch it over dinner, maybe right, but it's not in the background. And then it turned out being a way more competitive or closer fun. I should just say fun, because there's not a whole lot of steak, but a fun game.
Speaker 4: And watched high scoring because when it was seventeen seventeen, I saw people posting, why did I gamble on a preseason game? And I'm already in the L column because it hit the over right away dode.
Speaker 2: They both it was zero zero first half, first quarter, second quarter, they both scored seventeen. Ended up being thirty three thirty panthers. So it ended up being really competitive. Now we get it, you don't have your starters in there, but it ended up being a competitive game.
Speaker 1: And it's like when you and your buddy are, you know, shooting around and yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, let's not try to get hurt or anything, and then you start getting real competitive. The game got competitive, So therefore a fight game to watch, and I think high stakes for I'd say the quarterback, well, I think high.
Speaker 3: Stakes for everyone because these are the guys fighting to make the team. We always forget that. You know, you'll look at it and say, hey, congrats Panthers. I guess it's better win than lose. Even though it doesn't matter, you still want to win, right, But yeah, but cars fighting.
Speaker 1: Haines King, they put on a show man. These guys are all fighting for their lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know why, I guy like Bryce Young or you know, Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 1: The stars on either team. You guess what they have? Could we know?
Speaker 2: Security and money and jobs? Everyone that played yesterday, Yeah, they want to get noticed. Is fighting for a position and and a spot on that fifty three man ross and we reaped the benefits of that. So therefore a competitive game and fun to watch regardless. So again it was like a casual I'm just sort of not paying attention, but it's on. It's cool that Football's back sort of vibe to, like, oh man, we got a game here and some really good plays were made.
Speaker 1: And I know you got your thoughts on Carson Back. I have. I have a whole theory on Carson Beck, and but I have more thoughts on Hayes King.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's King twenty one for thirty four two hundred and nineteen yards three tuddies in the walk off Tuddy. That was huge, and you know, I think he left his mark. Like we talked all week about seizing the moment. You know, Anthony Volpi had his chance and.
Speaker 5: He blew it.
Speaker 2: Incomes of Lombard, Yeah, you gotta really take advantage of those opportunities. And yeah it's preseason and all, but that was his opportunity and he did not hold back. And that walk off touchdown was so awesome that the entire team was cheering around him. You mentioned Bryce Young, He realized what was at stake and he was pumped about it too, Like everyone was pumped for this dude because he was really trying to make his mark.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, King is from Longview, Texas. He of course played first at Texas.
Speaker 7: A and M and Georgia Tech. Right, Yeah, he was a Georgia Tech yellow Jack.
Speaker 1: He put on a sweet show.
Speaker 3: So I think my big takeaway, let's start this Friday Action Pack CNR with as you said the other day, seizing the moment. But I think these quarterbacks last night, Carson Beck and Haines King, while you could say, well, dude, like they were all backups in It doesn't matter to me when you seize that moment. What you've done now is you put yourself in a position to make an NFL roster and you look at Carson Becker in particular.
Speaker 2: Right, if you don't, right, at least you have the comfort and confidence in knowing that, Yo, I gave it my own I delivered. And with the depth of quarterback charts now and how people unfortunately they see you're on someone's radar.
Speaker 3: And I think Carson beck let's let's focus on him first. Because when you look at first round picks or just quarterbacks chosen all around in the draft this year, what rookie quarterback may have found himself in the best scenario?
Speaker 1: Tribe call questyle.
Speaker 3: Here we go, yo, he we go seven. What's the scenario? Well, every quarterback finds themselves in a scenario. Some are better than others. You might say, man, looking for the guy that shows up all of a sudden in a nice climate or playing on a really good team, or oh, he's gonna learn under a veteran quarterback. And then you could say the best quarterbacks picked might not be in the best position for success or playing.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, some guy that got drafted later on.
Speaker 3: Is like he sees the window of chance, an opportunity. Now, Carson Beck, I'm gonna make the argument that he is in the best position of any rookie quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Let's start other places, then I'll build the Beck.
Speaker 2: Okay, your dude, Mendoza, Danny, you say he's the first guy that comes to mind.
Speaker 3: Right, we all love Kirk Cousins. That's a project. It's not happening right away. I know you and Sexy Ryan are both Raiders fans. That's the only thing you have in common. What's up, Ryan, Yo, I'm also a Dodgers fan. I'll so you are a little bit of a winner.
Speaker 2: Shit always okay, and they both left to tournament iosam so they got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they both drive him crazy. But like you guys are sports.
Speaker 2: Buddy's, Dodgers and Raiders hug it out and they both give Sam Weggis.
Speaker 1: Mendoza will be the guy. But there's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 3: Everyone's waiting to see what this guy's uh, you know what, what's the kink in the armor?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with him? Because he seems perfect right like.
Speaker 2: Mendoza, Everything said the right way everything done the right way.
Speaker 4: Well, and he's been learning how to take snaps from under center because in college he was shotgunned.
Speaker 7: Yes, and then also rich.
Speaker 4: One more thing about Mendoza is that the Raiders O line is a work in progress. They had a crap coaching staff last season. Carol Junior, who was a clown, was was not coaching.
Speaker 7: That O line. If you know what I'm saying. I remember, I.
Speaker 1: Remember you talking about that nippets all.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But Rick Dennison is that dude is a baller O line coach and that's who the Raiders have in place right now with Kubiak, So hopefully that O line is one hundred times better.
Speaker 3: Dude, he signs the biggest rookie quarterback deal ever. Good for him, he deserves it. But that's a work in progress. We may see him mid season. You may see him on game five, six, seven. Who knows Mendoza put that aside. We know he's the number one guy. Then you go to Ty Simpson. I'm not even sure half the Rams coaching in front office wanted this guy.
Speaker 8: Remember remember the Sean mcvagh interviews where they did want him Riche it was just a thing of the David. They would have rather got him later in the draft and filled immediate needs. Yeah, they would have rather got a star wide receiver and then got Ty Simpson in the next round or too.
Speaker 3: Sean mcvagh pretty much said, like, what the helf are we doing? I mean, I like the kid, so I mean, and you gotta wonder your reigning MVP, Matthew Stafford. He could get hurt. I hope he doesn't. No one wants to see anyone get hurt. But if he doesn't get hurt, this guy's not going near the field. And if Stafford plays one or two more years and then says I'm done, I'm not even quite certain unless you see something about out of this guy, and in backup moments, you don't even know if Ty Simpson's their guy. He's not gonna play anytime soon. As long as Stafford's healthy, you're gonna see Stafford through the end of the final years.
Speaker 4: You'll see Simpson week eighteen when the Rams rest their starters.
Speaker 6: You never know.
Speaker 1: Man Brady wasn't expect did the play either, probably, But.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying conventionally, right, Drew Aller, I was talking to Beefcake Brandon I was like, what's the death chart in Pittsburgh look like, because you got Aaron Rodgers who's putting all out their final season. And then he's saying Will Howard could very well be number two, which means Drew Aller might be just hoping for being on the on the squad learning learn. You know, if they're carrying a third quarterback.
Speaker 2: That's definitely the plan, but it doesn't always goes that go that way. So you know, Rich's getting at something that is pretty obvious, the landing spot Master.
Speaker 3: And now go to go to Haines King, who last night impressed a lot of people like, oh, who's this kid out of Georgia Tech unfamiliar for some The guy ball to the point where you're like, all right, this could be a formidable NFL backup quarterback backup because you got a young for now like Bryce Young. You're not going to move off of Bryce Young, but it's nice to know that if you're Haines King, like you said, you did everything in your power to show I belong and Brice like Pump like he was the most pumped for him, and that's great camaraderie, and that's the type of chemistry you want for your team. Like again, it's preseason, but that's a good way to start it, better than losing. Well, Carson pumped Beck where it's at. He was looking nice, turn tables and a microphone.
Speaker 2: He was dropping dives and you were criticizing him earlier in this week. I just said he's goofy. Looking back, you should didn't say that. But it don't matter because he was playing like the man.
Speaker 3: He can't change that. But Carson Beck might be in the best position as a rookie quarterback because.
Speaker 1: He's where it's at.
Speaker 2: I told you I got to turn tables and a micut.
Speaker 1: To turn tables and some cars and bed.
Speaker 3: Jacoby Brissett, when compared to the other starting quarterbacks in the NFL, is a bottom tier guy. No disrespect, but it's true. He's a bottom tier guy. If you were rank all thirty two starters, no one would convince you that Brissett is anything. He's a bottom five right. Then, on top of that, the Cardinals are predicted to be the ass of the NFL. No one's saying, oh, the Cardinals might compete. The Cardinals are likely.
Speaker 2: When Rich says ass, he doesn't mean like sweet Bob I'm not talking about see he's talking like the flood flapjacket.
Speaker 7: Rich.
Speaker 4: They do have Lafleur blood now on the sidelines, Like you said, Yeah, I'm glad they have a pep in their step.
Speaker 1: Ba ba ba ba ba.
Speaker 3: But gets it, Danny, get this, Mike Lafleur, his offense caters to a guy like Carson Beck. And when you see Carson Beck playing the way he did last night, dropping some dimes, hitting his guys, the Cardinals are ass Brissett's a bottom tier guy. They're only paying Brissette. Remember they came to that agreement at the end of July. Sot Of went under the radar about fifteen MILLI year. Fifteen million year is not Hey, we're paying our starting quarterback fifty and we're sticking with him. We're investing fifty mil. It's a fifteen million dollar filler, right, That's really what Prissette is. He's a YO, you're good, you earned it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But Prisettes is one guy in to beat event, and he looked like he belonged. Again.
Speaker 3: I know it's not against premier NFL talent, but the moment wasn't too big for him.
Speaker 2: He was slinging. He looked like he looked sharp at moments. Looking at his numbers. Now, you know, just based on what I saw, I thought it was more than that. He just made such nice place. From when I saw and everything I watched, he was fifteen for nineteen one hundred eighty eight yards in one touchdown. But again, man, he really looked composed under the mighty.
Speaker 1: Had to look at it. Look at this past right here.
Speaker 3: Under yeah, under Michael, under Michael floor, Carson Beck could do well and listen, would you be shocked? And he was six or seven on by the way over ten yard passes downfield.
Speaker 1: He was sharp. I think that's what it was like. He was stepping up when it mattered.
Speaker 3: Now, when we talk about who's in the best situation, right if the Cardinals are straight up cheeks after like four or five weeks, if they're one and four, zero and four, one and five, you're telling me they want to be like, let's give Beck a shot.
Speaker 1: You don't think he has the best chance to really makeet that guy where you know, people want to see him get in there if they're sucking.
Speaker 3: I wonder if I wonder if there's a prop bet Danny for what's the first rookie quarterback that will see the field.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there is, and there's also one guy. I'm going to make our East Coast listeners happy right now in the state of New York. The Jets one hundred and ten overall. CADE club Nick has a good shot because he's behind Geno Smith and we all know Geno Smith is up and down like a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Wait, so make this clear though, Cade make get the first shot. But you're saying that Carson Beck is in the best position.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, as if the Jets, if the NFL is anything like soccer, the Jets would have been relegated years ago.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right when you said Jets, I'm like, oh, yeah, they still they're still allowed to play.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: I mean I wouldn't put it past the Cardinals Covino. If if Beck continues to look this good throughout the rest of preseason for him to win the job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what makes it cool?
Speaker 2: One again just preseas, but he did look rich, nailed it noticeably composed, noticeably composed.
Speaker 4: One of the reasons why is he's he played in big time college football programs in games and the guy's almost twenty four years old, so he is an older player out there.
Speaker 7: He's not a twenty one year old rookie.
Speaker 3: And as far as receivers go, Marvin Harrison Junior, Michael Wilson, Kendrick.
Speaker 1: Bourne, who we hung out at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Like Jeremiah Love, is more of a receiver almost than just to hand the ball to him.
Speaker 3: Jeremiah Love in that offense. So you're looking at a when that Tier one starting crew gets in there, they're much improved. They are much improved. I still think there's a lot of holes, but I think there's gonna be some possible fun moments for Carson Beck. And my money is on Carson Beck to be the first guy that gets a legit shot of these rookie quarterbacks, which proves Danny Draft Knight is really important for what the teams are looking for. But sometimes you could be drafted lower, but it presents a better opportunity for you. And I think Carson Beck finding his way on the Arizona Cardinals roster will be the best thing for him.
Speaker 2: I think he deserves all the props today. I'm glad you're giving it to him. We watched it. It was a great performance. I mean Ty Simpsons really kings the story. If you're on Ty, I think King's the story that dude own the night. If you're Ty Simpson and you're on the Rams, hey you may, you may win a super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Your rookie year is a backup that never touches the ball, for all we know. But do you rather that or do you rather get a legit opportunity? Because I think Carson Beck will get a legit opportunity. I think Mendoza will see the field. You're right, the Jets back up club Nick club Nick, he will see the field. I mean Aaron Rodgers is old. He might be Fred Gila for all you know. Drew Awler sees the field, but Howard Aller, they're in good good.
Speaker 2: The last to see the field, Ty Simpsons, the lands to see the field.
Speaker 7: Probably probably probably goes Fernando than Simpson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say Fernando because he's so protected, right, and Kirk Cousins and Golouch is no slouch.
Speaker 1: So last, and that's probably the best forum.
Speaker 4: If you guys, though, are making a strong case for Carson Beck after one pre season game.
Speaker 7: Else, Yeah, I was gonna say, what if.
Speaker 4: Fernando comes out and blows your mind any this season, and then that all the noise we've been here in the past few weeks from hot take artists will get even louder.
Speaker 2: That'd be cool if this plot thickens a little bit again. Carson Beck and Haynes King, I think both put themselves in great position to at least be noticed.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you can't tell, I get way fired up about football once NFL hits. I'm in a different zone. I think a lot of football fans getting that different zone. But I agree, I'm I'm the first to make fun of people that make sweeping judgments after one preseason game.
Speaker 1: But it's all we got.
Speaker 3: But it's it's what we got now, and we're Thurston. We're like Thurston hawl of a third bro love me. We're Thurston for some NFL football.
Speaker 2: So much so I'm watching the herd at the gym earlier today and then Collins.
Speaker 1: Talking about is Matt Lafleur on the hot seat?
Speaker 2: I'm like, they haven't played a preseason game, mano.
Speaker 1: The trust me, everyone that loves.
Speaker 2: Football is already throwing their takes out there. So I mean that's where we are.
Speaker 4: Enrich not to shoot down your entire first segment. But say Carson Beck gets in there against ones I know and falls completely on his face, throws.
Speaker 1: Four picks and fumbles twice.
Speaker 2: I know all you could do is what they did last night, and you gotta give them props for it right now.
Speaker 3: And Cam, you know you thought what I thought you were gonna say is all you could do is also make assumptions and judgments on what you know so far.
Speaker 1: And all we know is that we.
Speaker 2: Saw a really exciting fun Hey Danny g if what you said happens and he we gotta factor that into the equation. Now irrelevant but fun first game of the NFL. You know, great, dude, I was expecting nothing. I'm really excited about being that last quarter was great. I'm really excited to see we got the crown with us today. Isaac, any anything I say out of bounds, I feel like you're the voice of reason.
Speaker 1: Carson Beck looked like he belonged.
Speaker 2: And I know it's one preseason game against backups and backups, but but there was a composure there.
Speaker 6: Well, you remember who the standout performer of last season's Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Game was, don't you? Oh please remind me exactly.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I will say this, though, I'm glad you picked up hold ony, nommy, no emmy stop.
Speaker 1: Isaac just gave me a give you. He gave you a Bazinger.
Speaker 6: Very good. I will say this, was there some Tracy McGrady vibes in Carson Beck's facial countenance that because he just he looked. Let's put it this way, he looked really mellow on those tight camera shots into his eyes.
Speaker 2: Da he took the top shelf of drinks out of my garage ridge. He had a Cody Bellinger hazy sort of look.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's been memes since his college days about that look in his eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so hey, you know what I think. By the way, it was a Bellat Danger there rooting him on. I didn't see that a Bellet Danger. Remember she was there.
Speaker 1: She I didn't know.
Speaker 2: In all honesty, you could say I'm lying. I had no idea who she was. That I that makes you the most stet.
Speaker 1: The most noble guy in the studio. Does it make me the best of the lamest? I don't know, but obviously I had to do my research.
Speaker 2: I know her now, I didn't know her then when she was watching him in college in Miami.
Speaker 1: I know her.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, if anything, can we all agree me, you, everyone in this room and everyone listening that just having football back is a good thing.
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 2: It was great And honestly, on a personal note, Yankees were off last night.
Speaker 1: Perfect for me.
Speaker 2: I had something to watch and throw on and sort of zone out on perfect night. Lots of fun, unexpected. You know, But what Lowen krown Is said is true. You know, what does it really mean? But hey, it's better than sucking right.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, when your team goes let's say, back in the day when there were four preseason games and not for any more. But remember like some of the teams that would go zero and four, one and three would be the teams that would go twelve and four in the regular season when there was sixteen games, thirteen and three. The preseason is more about, like you said, the bottom end of the roster, who's making the team. When you watch hard Knocks, you get to follow some.
Speaker 1: Of these guys.
Speaker 3: You remember those heartbreaking stories where you're following your guy and he doesn't make the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's always heartbreaking. It is absolutely heartbreaking. So, hey, football's back.
Speaker 3: Enjoy We got more covene On Rich and this is a story in baseball that really is like, put the biggest smile on my face.
Speaker 1: It really did.
Speaker 3: There's a guy that got an opportunity that he's wanted since he's a kid.
Speaker 1: He's let's say he's seventy three right now.
Speaker 2: I think that the theme of this week on coven On Rich, the theme this week on our show, well, the theme seizing the moment, Seizing the moment. And yeah, this is another story. So yeah, Carson Beck, let's add him to that list. Haines King, who really stepped up. And this seventy three year old guy we're about to tell you, tell you.
Speaker 3: About more cn R on an Action Pack Friday show next right here on Fox Sports Radio. Now, every sports season is built on preparation, studying the trends, making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal. Investing deserves the same approach, and with wee bul you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help you make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs are more, or planning for the long term for you or your fan with IRAS Cash Management custodial accounts. Hey, wee Bile gives you the tools to invest your way, all on one platform.
Speaker 2: Looking to take your preparation to the next level, check out wee Bull's learn resources. Join their in app community feed to discuss every investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users.
Speaker 1: Globally and now.
Speaker 3: To help streamline your trading activity and elevate your strategy, try Vega we Bol's Personal market AI Assistant. You got real time analysis, watch list, insights and alerts when earning strus so.
Speaker 2: Get your financial portfolio game ready. Download the weeble app today. Visit weebul dot com. Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 9: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 9: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube. Again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 5: There's a destination a little up the road and the habitations in the towns. We know the play sweet saw the lights turned low to get and they get fresh flow. Yeah, uh huh, And that's what's up to turn tables in the microphone, bottles and cans and just.
Speaker 1: Your hands. Carson Dick, what.
Speaker 7: Is this Friday karaoke?
Speaker 2: Carson Beck had a night. I want to hear Rich freestyle Covino and Rich on Fox Card.
Speaker 1: He'll have Jarre Remiah Love and Harrasan. Why do you say it like that though? Jared love it, Harasan Man.
Speaker 3: Hey a lot to get through today live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Cavino, Rich, It's a really fun Friday, man, Baseball's you know, Britt.
Speaker 2: And I are straight up going off the cuff, off our instincts, off of what we saw last night. And then you know, during the break just now our hydration break, I'm listening to what Colin had to say about Carson Beck and and King and we all sort of witnessed the same thing. But he seemed extra high on on Beck, like as a bona fide starter right now, like he looked that good.
Speaker 1: Take it ease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, you do you have to put it in perspective and say, you know, it's a preseason game, but he was really high on everything I saw, So hey man, he had a night, but Haines King had an even better night.
Speaker 1: Props to both and Football's back. It's where it's at, Carson Beck.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you those weapons on that team, you know, it's what's the what's the best about football is that these teams could turn it around so quickly. We've talked about the parody in the NFL you make fun of because every year I'm like parody. Every year it's four or five teams in perod made it the year before, don't make it the following year. Just because there's gonna come a time where a team like the Cardinals, who are asked the last couple of years, you're right, Jeremiah loved Danny g combined with Harrison Junior, and if Beck turns into something and they get some help and they have a new coach, Michae Lafleur, there's gonna come a point where it's like, all right, they're they're gonna be good. And then a team like the Seahawks or Niners are getting older.
Speaker 4: You know, just takes a couple of good drafts, a couple of good free agency periods.
Speaker 3: Forget the Seahawks, meaning like the Rams too, Like the Rams, when Stafford's no longer with that team in a year or so that you know, no matter who they have, it will be a step down for Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 1: So that's what I love about football.
Speaker 3: You're never too good or too bad for too long if you're a well run organization, which is why you got to give the Chiefs and the Patriots and some of those dynasties even more credit. Because the NFL is so hard to continuously be good. Other sports you could stay good longer. I think, I really do. I think that your lifespan of being a dynasty so much, so much easier.
Speaker 2: Danny g is here on the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. You want to chime in with your thoughts about preseason football football being back because life changes, especially, can you know in the NX six plus months, you give a.
Speaker 1: Breakout player and what does he want?
Speaker 3: He wants the money that the previous guy got, and you're manipulating the salary cap trying to figure out how to fit guys in. Anytime a team wins the super Bowl. You're gonna lose a few guys because whoever was under who'sever's contracts up is now touting around like super Bowl champion.
Speaker 1: They want more money NFL. Oh, I love it so much.
Speaker 2: Sexy Ryan on ones and twos. He's on the two turnariables and the microphone. The Crowns got your updates in about six minutes. Remember, we're gonna play Brainwave giveaway prizes and weekend hobnobbing what you need to watch in world of Sports and entertainment on my birthday weekend.
Speaker 3: But there's a story that we have to tell you about. Oh is the story how the Mets are going to turn it around?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not that story. Oh no, I guess someone hit me up. Yesterday I saw the Mets got Benny Agbayani's son. What are they doing?
Speaker 2: I hope he's good. I love Benny Agbianni Hawaii five Home.
Speaker 3: I thought that was cool, though, But I saw a meme one of my met buddies that you know more mocking. It said if the Mets go thirty eight and nine over their final forty seven, they'll probably make the playoffs. And then it said that's been done one time before that rediculous record and it was Lindor with the Indians now Guardians.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 1: Impossible. I'm not saying this chance.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying yeah because they had a liquidation sale. But I think the story right now is how hot the Red Sox are too.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: You see they are the equal losses with the other tie with the Yankees in the lost car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had a.
Speaker 2: Crazy win yesterday. No wonder they're celebrating. They're in it.
Speaker 1: And to win it.
Speaker 3: To tell you why it sucks to be a Mets fan, it just caught fired as the thing tops the Red Sox. To tell you why it sucks to be a Mets fan is that you had the expectations and the money spent, like the Dodgers, but you saw other teams Danny, like the Red Sox and the Phillies and certain teams that were playing like trash somehow go go on this tremendous like three week run and they're right in the mix, and you're wonder you were waiting for the Mets, Like why.
Speaker 2: Is every why is every team with expectations doing that? But us, like the Red Sox, the Phillies, They're not the.
Speaker 7: Only one to either.
Speaker 4: I almost feel guilty because when you first wanted your manager fired early on in the season. Both Covino and I said the same thing. It's a long season, you know, don't panic, you guys have time to go on a little winning streak. Just does not happened for your team. Didn't happen. But here's something fun that did happen. I love this, which truths that dreams do come true, not necessarily when you want them to.
Speaker 1: They could happen to you.
Speaker 2: It could happen to you, but maybe the universe says you're ready. Maybe things happen when they're meant to happen. The seventy three year old guy, I love the story. He's a substitute teacher. I think his lifelong dream was to be a base bomb broadcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said, since he was twelve years old, he wanted to call a Phillies game.
Speaker 3: And you know what, you win an auction, you want to put up some money. Like you said, he's in his seventies. You know boomers are the boomers hate when I say this. Our parent generation they had an easier path than us. They could have a regular nice middle clash job and like survive.
Speaker 1: You know, our parents in their own struggle. But of course, but they hate to hear. And I only say that because they'll be the first to tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm saying they hate to hear the fact that like in the eighties or seventies, like a dad could have a regular job, a mom could be like a part time stay at home mom work a part time job and still raise a family.
Speaker 1: Now you need you.
Speaker 7: Get a baller house. Back then, seventy thousand.
Speaker 3: Dude, Homer Simpson, Yeah, al Bundy was considered a shlub and they had a huge house and the suburbs of Chicago. Al Bundy was a shoe salesman. Peg was a stay at home mom and they had a sweet house. And Bud was a rapper, I'm sorry, street rapper grandmaster.
Speaker 2: And Kelly, by the way, Christin Applegate out of the hospital, So wishing her nice.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, so times have changed.
Speaker 2: But that that guy seventies, he probably has a nice little nest egg.
Speaker 3: Probably bought a house for one hundred thousand dollars. It's now worth over a million, like all of our parents did. And uh, he won an auction to call a Phillies game. As you said, Danny his childhood dream. But not only his child did dream. He was ready for the moment, ready, like not like ready. I have to think about it.
Speaker 2: If he was younger and he got this opportunity when he wanted to, he might not have had this wisdom and confidence that you're about to hear. Now Again, we're supposed to be under the understanding that here's some guy that won an auction and they do this all the time. I'm sure the Dodgers do, the Mets do.
Speaker 3: I'm sure whatever team you were for does a the Mets do like a kid caster for a day and.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, you're right, Rich, We've seen this before. But as soon as this clip went viral, everybody was like, oh, that's got to be a ringer.
Speaker 3: He's too good is it's usually just some guy that won a raffle and he's like, hey, my name's Joe the one old pitch to oh Tony is a mall. Or it's some little cute kid that won like the Mets sweepstakes and he's sitting there with Keith Hernandez like I like Lindullar, Like this guy comes in like turtles, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, he hops right in too, like he doesn't miss a beat. Please listen, like they had to have a conversation right like I'm gonna introduce you jump right in because this guy delivered. And it goes with the theme of the week. What did Haines King do? What did Carson Beck do? What did George Lombard Junior do? In his debut? They seized the moment right and this guy he kept the theme going seventy three year old. It's his name again, something Cobb, Louis Cobb, Lewis Cobb, tig listen.
Speaker 10: We are headed to the third inning Phillies on top two to water. We're please to welcome Lewis Kobb from Medford Lakes.
Speaker 1: New Jersey.
Speaker 10: He is our Phillies Fantastic auction winner. He outfid the competition to spend an inning and do some play by play in the booth and Lewis welcome, glad to have you here.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Scott.
Speaker 7: It's a thrilled to be here.
Speaker 11: It's a lifelowing drain to be in the Phillies broadcast booth. So here we go, Peter with the first pitch to our teams. It's in there for strike one. Cob, what filled with two in the bottom of the second to take the lead. As we start the top of the third, Payter delivers. It's bounced foul towards the A Phillies dugout and the count one and one. Philly is winning the first two games of this series, one more to go tomorrow night and then the three games sent with the Blue Jays up at the weekend. Peyter delivers. It's a check swing, It's a called strike three.
Speaker 1: He got him.
Speaker 2: Wow, right, I mean, I want to know from Lowen Krown to a guy who's you know, who done his career and who's done this, and I see him nodding, Well, what's your first instinct when you hear this the Koran?
Speaker 6: To be honest, I can think of at least three current Major League Baseball broadcasters who he is better than just hearing that. I'm not kidding. And the second point, you heard how good that sounded. If you didn't know any better, you would think he was a regular, full time major leater diecaster. But also think about think about how nervous he must have nailed it.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you said that, dude, you know how your heart cracking The MIC's that's something he does on the regular. It's a moment he dreamed about his whole wife. His heart had to be pounding through his chest like bugs bunny when he falls in love.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And we've all been there, right the first time you cracked the mic. Take it from us. It's a nerve wracking experience. This guy's doing it on his on his biggest possible stage.
Speaker 1: He's a lifelong fan.
Speaker 4: Maybe he did play in the classroom to his student.
Speaker 2: Whatever he did led him to this moment where he did he as as we go to I love for the update, let me just give you to.
Speaker 1: Take attendance, all right, all right, let me give you guys a little inside.
Speaker 3: You know, Kavino and I have done everything from you know, radio to podcasting, to TV to live stuff to tape stuff. There are some things you encounter, and this is everyone's career, so this might be a question itself. Things that you thought were easier than they were going to be, or things that were way harder than you thought, or or some things that did come easy to me. I think reading a teleprompter was the easiest thing. I thought it was gonna be tricky, reading a teleprompter came to me like easiest could be. We tried to do play by play once at a fan fest. It was like an MLB fan fest. Kavino and I hop in this little booth and they give you like an inning of a game, and they give you some notes and they go, hey, give it a shot. We try this, and I'm gonna tell you what happened after we go to I Love for an update.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 7: Iilo?
Speaker 1: Now that's a team.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, you know what To be honest, I actually did the same thing at the Major League Baseball All Star Game fan fest when I was twelve years old.
Speaker 1: And is that where you quit the bug? Were you any good? Oh?
Speaker 6: It was freaking great. Of course I got a videotape at home.
Speaker 1: Dude, I would love to see that. If you know did a music video at a theme park? Is that the same? Remember those he did? Tiffany? I think we're alone now.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, that and the next eight years of my career. If you would listen, you would swear that I had not hit puberty until I was I don't know what sounded like, well, like Peter Brady, Oh, very good, Peter Brady, Oh, man, boy, I thought i'd forgot that episode. Well, you're talking about a baseball broadcast. We started in Major League Baseball because the Athletics announce that they have mutually parted ways with general manager David Forst, who is in his eleventh season as GM's presently forty five and seventy, they're tied for the second worst record in the majors. In the NBA, the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner has determined that the death of Memphis Grizzlies forward Brandon Clark back in May was caused by an accidental overdose of heroin and cocaine. In the NFL, Tennessee Titans guard Peter Scornsky has agreed to a four year, one hundred million dollar extension with eighty eight million guaranteed. That makes him the highest paid guard in the NFL. Buffalo Bill's guard Osiris Torrance not too shabby either. He's agreed to a four year, seventy eight million dollar extension through twenty thirty, with forty six million dollars guaranteed. Finally, Variety reported that the biopic Madden, with Nicholas Cage portraying the legendary late coach analyst in video game impresario John Madden will not be widely released in theaters and will rather go straight to streaming on Prime Video in November.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. This was unbelievable.
Speaker 7: What in the heck is going on?
Speaker 6: I still say they should have cast John Goodman as John Madden back do you guys?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 2: And by the way, straight to video isn't necessarily a fail these days.
Speaker 3: I was talking to our buddy Mike, who's a big movie buff. He Man, which did he he Man? Which did terrible in the theater, but was a great movie that was not even supposed to be in the theater. It was supposed to be straight to Amazon, and then they said, hey, let's give it a shot in the theater.
Speaker 1: So sometimes, and by the way, budget, why is it talking on the streaming movie in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he Man was trash? No serious, this is horrible on your mind, it's fantastic. Are you serious right now? You're the only guy I've heard say that. Yeah, honestly, you are the only person I've heard say that. Talk to more people.
Speaker 1: Ryan Sexy, Ryan clearly like he Man.
Speaker 3: Clearly not a fan of Trap draw. All right, we got more Covene on Wretch. Well, there's a brainwave midweek major all coming up right here.
Speaker 1: C n R on FSR.
Speaker 3: Oh Man, I thought it was great.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you haven't seen it, it's on Amazon Prime. You know what.
Speaker 2: The theaters are going to be packed with Spider Man fans. So I say, watch he Man. Watch it on my behalf. It's my birthday weekend. I love he Man.
Speaker 1: Did you really hate it, Big Ryan or what?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: He's such a comic book.
Speaker 8: Guy, So dude, the original is better, all right, Dolph Undry Baby Forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here, you didn't think it was hot, but you didn't think Skeletor was cool.
Speaker 2: Come on, you know it was pretty hot, all right. So we're Cavino and Rich Sexy. Ryan didn't like Masters of the Universe, but everyone watching it streaming on Amazon Prime loving it. Danny g is here on the phones at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox, and we're Cavino and.
Speaker 1: Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: And I got the uh, I got the result of us trying to do play by play.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a second.
Speaker 3: But reading the feedback, our buddy Rob Rob Baker down in Texas no represents Texas like any other state. No one represents their state more like Texas. Like if someone's from Texas, they take pride and everything as he goes. As far as the quarterbacks, we spoke of Kate club Nick who Danny you said you were you were thinking might get a shot Texas guy Austin Area, Austin Westlake, the same high school as Drew Brees and Nick Foles, so they just produced quarterbacks there. And Haines King, another Texas high school quarterback from Longview, Texas. So a lot of these Texas kids, everything's better in Texas.
Speaker 1: Who trust me?
Speaker 2: My father in law is from Texas and he's one of those guys where any anything you bring up, he's like, well, you know the first whatever was from everything was from Texas.
Speaker 3: Everything better in Texas. Shout out to places of everything in Texas. So shout out to all the Texas quarterbacks. And we're talking about this announcer who got an opportunity and sounded like.
Speaker 1: A pro Lewis Lewis Lewis Cobb, seventy three year old guy.
Speaker 3: Comean, I said, you and I done most forms of broadcasting there have been, I mean, TV, radio, podcasting, you name it we've done at live events. I handled pretty much everything pretty comfortably. I said, the prompter. I always thought it was easier than I thought it would be, getting a groove pretty quick reading a teleprompter if you do TV. We tried play by play, same as Loan Chrown. It like a fan fest.
Speaker 2: It was an All Star MLB All Star fan fest. They had the whole setup and you're supposed to call the legendary play.
Speaker 1: You get to pick. I remember, I remember the play we called.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: It was Gibson's walk off against Eckersley and Yo Isaac. You would think Kavino and I, who have worked together for decades.
Speaker 1: And I know it's about to happen.
Speaker 6: No, it's about to happen exactly.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you we struggle through it because you were like, and uh, pitch on the way, well that's a strike one.
Speaker 1: And you're like, what, it's not as easy as you think.
Speaker 3: I think play by play is one of those things that you see guys doing basketball, hockey, baseball.
Speaker 1: It is not easy.
Speaker 2: It is my top I'd say three of things you think you could do, but you can't. It is way more to give you another one you think play tennis. Tennis is up there, play tennis, do play by play, play by play, you know, color commentating a little easier if you could CounterPunch and you know, throw some zingers in there and things you think you could do that you probably can't perform well with a good looking woman. I think a lot of guys were play by play was way tough. So for this guy to step up on a major league level, and like Lowen Crown said, take it from pro loros, he sounds better than some actual, you know, professional announcer.
Speaker 3: I'll give you another one as we watch the girls softball Little League World Series. Guys that suck at sports, that think they get hit off a girl throwing heat when when Jenny Finch was dealing back in the day and all these guys like I could hit off from straight out bonds like, but I always think it's funny when bozo guys that you know played ball think that I could hit that. It's a different hectory. The ball's coming up, it's not going, nothing's breaking, the balls rising. I would love to watch female softball players dominate dudes that think they're good. So these are all things that you think you could do, but you can't.
Speaker 2: When we did it, we embarrassed ourselves. Some people expected us to be good because we're on the radio and we've worked together.
Speaker 1: We know the call, this kind of know.
Speaker 2: Any event, jumped right in there and dominated again. The themeless Cob sees the moment and props to you, and it's never too late. Seventy three years old made his dreams come true. All right, we got brain Wave coming up, we got weekend Hop nobbin. So a lot to get to this hour, So hang time. More Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.