Speaker 1: What's up, everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Buco Territory, presented to you by the Foul Territory Network.
Speaker 1: I'm Noah Hile's joining me as always are my.
Speaker 2: Co hosts Platinum Key aka Mark and Josh Harrison. It is the All Star Break edition of Buco Territory. The National League and the American League are set the face off a couple hours after we're recording this. Recording this at six pm on Tuesday evening, So who knows who won? Home run Derby was really exciting Monday evening. Really enjoyed their return to that older format. I think it made for a better show overall.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the All.
Speaker 2: Star Break is typically known as the dead period in sports talk in sports podcasting because there's just nothing going on. Yeah, in sports in general, there's not much going on right now, certainly not a lot of baseball to talk about. And while we can talk about the trade deadline and things like that, that's really gonna start heating up, like officially heating up next week because that's when the draft is over and now everyone's looking to improve their team for the second half of the season.
Speaker 1: So what are we gonna talk about? Today. Well, we just happen to have a.
Speaker 2: Guy who's he's been an All Star time or two two times to be exact, on this show.
Speaker 1: His name's Josh Harrison. He's in the middle of our screen here, and we're just gonna ask him about his.
Speaker 2: Major League All Star appearances. He was one in twenty fourteen and twenty seventeen, Is that correct? Yeah, yes, twenty fourteen and twenty seventeen, with both of those nods coming with the Pittsburgh Pirates. So we just have a couple of questions to take Josh down memory lane and reflect upon what I would assume are some of the cooler moments of his career, some of the better achievements in his career. Mark, you weren't even a Pirates fan back in these days. You were just wandering aimlessly without a baseball team, just so you kind of missed out on the whole Jay Hay playing experience. So this is an opportunity for you to kind of learn a little bit. I'm mixed our co host here. I'll let you started off with your questions for Josh.
Speaker 3: All right, So, Josh, I did do some research a little bit here looking in uh, just to get a little background here, and I just want to first start off with a stat I saw from the University of Cincinnati's website. They said you were the first person in All Star Game history to make the All Star Game with no more than twenty two starts at a single position in twenty fourteen. What was it like for you to be recognized as a utility player? I don't know if you even knew that, because obviously twenty fourteen you were all over right field, left field, third base, shortstop, second base, and by the time the All Star break kit, you hadn't even played twenty two games at a single position, and so you got selected as a utility player. And my first question is just what did that mean to you? Obviously now why you tility players get selected always. You're the first one since twenty ten to be selected. What does that mean for you as your first All start to be selected in that kind of capacity.
Speaker 4: Meant a lot long story short as short as I can be. I remember the first two weeks of the season, I didn't play. I didn't have a start, and ironically I think my first start or might have been Easter Sunday when we had the brawl with Milwaukee and I got two hits and we had the brawl or you know, like bench is clearing, and I'm like, man, I'm trying to keep playing, y'all.
Speaker 5: We can fight after, you know.
Speaker 4: That's what I was staying in between. But I remember talking to my brother, myltest brother, Vince at the time, and saying, like, man, what do I have to do this my third year up? And man, I'm still not getting a chance to play, and he goes, Man, I got a funny feeling that by the end of the year, we're going to be laughing at this. And when I found out I was selected, all my brother was like, we don't have to wait till the end of the year. I just got named an All Star and he was like laughing, like, see.
Speaker 5: I told you. But you know it started that.
Speaker 4: You see my freshman year, I played I think six different positions and.
Speaker 5: Then you know, so it was in my background.
Speaker 4: So when I got the opportunity in twenty fourteen, I remember when I got announced because Clinton Hurtle goes, you know, we got three All Stars. Cutch was obvious and the other two everybody's trying to figure out. We had an idea that it could be like Tony Watson and you know, because what he was dealing is like Tony Watson and Josh Harrison and you know, everybody. You know, I was shocked. Everybody was because I didn't start the season playing. But long story short, I think Matheny as they were filling out the roster, I think I might have been handpicked by Metheni, who is the manager, because obviously being within the division, he got to see me a lot and I played pretty well against him.
Speaker 5: But he was like, man, it was a no brainer for me.
Speaker 4: Uh, given what you've been, you know, what you've done thus far, and you know, I was definitely grateful. I was excited because you know, coming into the season, as I said, I was asking my brother, like what do I do to have to play? You know, I'm just ready to play. And come to July here I was, you know, named an All Star and you know the rest was history.
Speaker 2: Josh, I want to kind of piggyback on that because I mean, twenty fourteen, Mark and I were talking before you got on and joined us, before we started recording. Twenty fourteen was such an interesting team, like an interesting Pirates team because you're coming off of that high of thirteen. You know, some of the guys that you added at the deadline aren't there anymore. There were a lot of injuries that year. Some guys kind of regressed a little bit. You did not start well.
Speaker 1: You guys started nine and seventeen on the season.
Speaker 2: You were kind of the spark plug that got them going, and there were a couple other guys too.
Speaker 1: But at what point did you think that that was a possibility that you could be an All Star?
Speaker 2: Because I remember just watching and seeing it's like, all right, like this guy, he's a contributor, but like how good is he? And then you get into man and it's like he's a piece of this. And then you get into junior you're like he's not just a piece, like he's kind of ly in the charge here. And then you get to July and you're thinking, like does the rest of the baseball world see this? And the Meffini thing is obviously a key component of it, right because you you torched the Cardinals. But when did you think that that was a realistic possibility or did you even think that you had a chance to make an All Star team that year.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest, it wasn't on my radar because.
Speaker 4: I just knew at some point I was finally getting a chance to play. So I wasn't thinking All Star this all start that. I was like, man, it's been three years of you know, waiting for my opportunities. So I was just grateful that, you know, one day I might be on right field, next day I'm in left. Now I'm at second third, you know, playing a little bit of short. You know, guys were going down and they were, you know, okay, go in. And I was always a guy that knew, uh given an opportunity to play, what I could do. And my first couple of years was a lot of pinch hitting, which was tough for me because not anything that I ever did growing up. But it was an adjustment that I had to make. But you know, my brother and my uncle John T. Bone Shelby, who's coaching the Brewers at the time, was like, always stay ready, you know, don't give him a chance to say that you're not working.
Speaker 5: You never know when your opportunity is going to be. And honestly, I wouldn't think an All Star.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking, like, man, I know I've played myself into, you know, being in the starting lineup. That's all I cared about, was, you know, being in the lineup to help the guys. And when he said we had three All Stars, I mean, in the back of my mind it was like, I mean, I could be announced, but I just honestly didn't know if I had enough games, and at batch I wouldn't keeping track of that. So when he named me, you know, it wasn't a surprise. Granted I know to a lot of people not in the clubhouse, but you know, there were some media questions and this or that, because obviously I wasn't like a well known person, because it was like, and this guy's coming off the bench. They knew me from the of his years. And even at the time, I think I only had like maybe four home runs at the All Star break, not like I had a lot of home runs, but you know I was hitting I was playing you know, good.
Speaker 3: Teaks and seven on base percentage at the break, Yeah, and you reach safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't really know. I didn't really know like what my numbers were. I just knew I was playing well. And you know, the question got asked to me, did it surprise me? And I said, obviously, you know, I wasn't setting out to make the All Star team, especially when I didn't start the season playing. But I wasn't a surprise to me because I have been an All Star at every level in the nor League's prior, So to me, it wasn't a surprise to say, oh, I made the All Star in the big leagues because every level in the minor leagues.
Speaker 5: I had been one.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, that that surprised me because I didn't set out to, you know, make the All Star team. I was just setting out to be a contributor. Like how I asked my brother, like what do I gotta do to play?
Speaker 3: And I'll piggyback off of that. So once you were selected, did that change your confidence at all? Was that like did you feel validated as a player or was there anything that felt different after that? Or do you just feel like, yeah, this is finally Like I knew that this was coming. It was just a matter of time.
Speaker 4: No, my confidence didn't change. Anybody that's played with me, good bad, they know my confidence never waivered. That was even when I was on the bench. But it took me a while to kind of settle into knowing that I was, you know, an everyday player, because even after the All Star break, the first game back, I think Clint gives me the day off because he's like, man, you've this was been a whirlwind for you. It was like, I know, it's been a lot. It's like, as your manager, I'm giving you the day. I think I ended up hitting the walk off that's when I had to run down and hit the walk off double. But I just remember there was one game I like, roll my ankle, like I rode it pretty bad, and I'm like, I'm staying out there. I'm playing because you know I'm not anytime when I'm not playing, I can't afford to go down. And I'm like, if i'm in there, man, you're gonna have to wheel me off this field. And Clint comes up to me at the end of dugout. He goes, hey, I need you to go get yourself together because you are one of our guys.
Speaker 5: We need you to be good.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, but I'm still going out, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But it took.
Speaker 4: You know, even though I made the All Star Team minute, I wasn't thinking, oh I made it, because that was never that's not in my DNA.
Speaker 5: You know All Star.
Speaker 4: Now you know I'm gonna play if I can play, But you know, it still took some adjusting because I went from being the twenty fifth man three years in a row to you know, and may being thrust in a lineup and then becoming an All Star and then everybody, oh, man, you're the man, You're the guy, you know, one of the guys that's leading. I'm like, I've always been one of the guys, whether I was playing or not. You know, but it was it was nice to know that the opportunity I had, I took advantage of it, and you know, it was it was all god siming, is what I can say, because I was heading into orbitration.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing to talk to guys during their first All Star appearance. I've had the opportunity to obviously cover a couple of these, and I love hearing stories about how first time All Stars get to chat with other players that they're sharing a clubhouse with, like with Paul him getting to talk to Clayton Kershaw. I loved getting to write about that, And there are so many other instances. Who are some of the guys that you remember and it might not even be a great baseball conversation, but just kind of a conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, no, I got one in mind because I always tell this one it's perfect. But before I do, like it was a whirlwind because my oldest daughter Meal, she was six months or five months. So it was just crazy how everything happened so fast for you, it was. And I just remember I'm in the locker room. My middle brother shines there and my brother in law's there, but my locker mat was hundred pence and on the other side, and the other side was Madison bum Guard and I you know, Bumgardner is a cool dude. I'm talking a hundred pence and everybody knows he's kind of like a wiry, you know, quirky dude. And I'm talking to him and he's like, yeah, man, I drink coffee all day. I'll drink a pot of coffee before I go to bed, like that's what he did with his grandma. And I'm, you know, I'm laughing, like, man, that's probably why people think you're in the box like jittery. And he's like, no, man, I can drink it and go to sleep, like you know what I mean. So I'm like laughing, at these stories, but like I'm like, man, you know, it's kind of cool. And then Bumgarner I got pretty good success. He's like, man, it's nice to finally share a locker room with you for a second. Man.
Speaker 5: You know, just having those stories of where you interact with guys that you.
Speaker 4: Play against and you know you've battled against even you know, minor leagues up to the big leagues.
Speaker 5: But a Hunter Pence was cool.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: We was just chopping it up. And you know, as I was talking to him, he was drinking a cup of coffee.
Speaker 3: Fity nice. So my final question for you, Josh twenty seventeen, you played in both the All Star Game and the World Baseball Classic. Yes, I was just curious and so how do those experiences compare from the player perspective?
Speaker 4: So the Classic was wild. We started in Miami and we were to visit the team every.
Speaker 5: Game, whether we were home or not.
Speaker 4: You know, it was Columbia, Dominican, and I think Canada, So we were home when we played Canada, but against the Dominican and Columbia like that stadium was loud. But it was my first time getting to play international. So I'm a high energy guy. So I'm on the you know, bench dancing like rocking to the drums and stuff. So it was exciting. And I just remember I didn't even get to play that much in the Classic, but you know, it felt like a mini All Star Game to me because I'm in there with you know, guys that have been All Stars, a bunch of guys, and you know, we picking each other's brains for you know, two to three weeks working out and you know, just picking up on things with some of the best that you've played against. And twenty seventeen was like my first healthy year since fourteen, and I was able to take kind of that Classic feel and going, you know into the season.
Speaker 5: And I was healthy.
Speaker 4: And then by the time I got to the All Star Game in Miami, it was like, oh man, I was here in the Classic and I'm not gonna lie. The energy at both the Classic and the All Star Game that year was like, man, Miami's not used to this down here, So it was pretty cool. And that All Star game, my wife was pregnant with my second daughter, so both both All Star Games were some life changing events coming or whatever, so.
Speaker 5: Very memorable.
Speaker 4: My wife can tell you, I know, she was exhausted, but you know, nonetheless, they were very memorable and I enjoyed every bit of it, even though I was tired.
Speaker 2: And I guess my final question, Josh, is you know, your second trip, obviously it's gonna be different than your first one. Were you able to kind of recognize the feeling that you experienced your first All Star game when you would see the first time All Stars coming into the clubhouse and seeing the and soaking it all in And what was that like to kind of see that on those guys.
Speaker 5: Oh? Man, it was cool.
Speaker 4: And I think that year I was our only representative, so I was with myself basically, but you know, thank god I had Cutch and you know, Tony to help me the first time. And I remember the same time I'm in there and it's a little different squad but a few of the same people. But I remember one thing was on our jerseys. I got a star with it too on it, you know, for like two time All Star, which I thought was pretty cool. And then you're seeing guys with different you know, two loads in there with however he's got, you know, but it's just cool seeing that. But you know, ender n crt H, it was his first one, so me and him was like kicking it in the outfield and laughing.
Speaker 5: Both he and I you know.
Speaker 4: Shared the affinity for desserts like ice cream and stuff, so it was cool.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I think I was able to kind of allow him to, you know, enjoy the moment and kind of you know, bring him showing the ropes as it well to me, just because you know, that first time is kind of like, man, what what do I do?
Speaker 5: Do I go here? Do I get? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, you know you want to get stuff for family, then you want to enjoy the moment. Oh I got to go take the team photo and then you know, it's just a lot going on. But at the same time, the second time, I felt definitely a lot more at ease having.
Speaker 5: Gone through the first time.
Speaker 4: But as I said, I had some pretty cool experiences, and one I don't want to forget is my first one twenty fourteen. This is the one I always tell people is it was Derek Jeter's last yep. Yeah, so so that that that to me was cool And I think he let off for like a double down right field, so like it was cool. So so yeah, of course, but I mean, you know, it was just one of those moments where it's like, how how often can you say, let alone you watched it, but I was able to. I played in there, Juter's last All Star game, so it was cool.
Speaker 3: I was gonna bring that up. I thought would ask you. That's why I was like, if maybe not even someone on the n L.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know I before we close this out. I think another thing people don't realize is how expensive an All Star Game can be for the players. When you're bringing everyone there and you you talk about like getting merched, getting photos, going to events like all that stuff, like because you want you want to include as many people as you can. And I love seeing the entourages around baseball players who normally don't have big entourages. But it's a family thing and coordinating all of that can kind of be stressful.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I mean from not expecting it to Okay, I just got announced and we leave in.
Speaker 5: Five days, you know, you know, in the week.
Speaker 4: Like we gotta get flights from my parents, you know, her parents, my grandma, Okay, my grand We couldn't get flights. So my middle brother and one of his best friends drove my cousin to Minnesota. He's like, man, your brother's got to be there, Like, you know, just sacrifices that people make to where it's like, you know, yes, hectic, but you know you you want to enjoy these moments with the people that you love because you know it doesn't last forever. So that I said, I was extremely grateful for the sacrifices Mom made. And you know thet I won't say little bit of money, but the money that we had to spend, you know, was well worth it for me.
Speaker 1: Awesome. All right, Well, we're gonna take a quick break when we come back.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about the future of the All Star Game and maybe some potential changes that we would make to the Midsummer Classic when we come back here on Bucko Territory.
Speaker 6: Big second half of the season coming up. There might be a hot ticket, a rivalry series, a sold out experience they need to get your hands on, and Sea Geek is the spot for that. You can find good, good pricing. They help you with the pricing green dot good, red dot not as good, and they help you with your view of the seat for some big matchups coming up in August, September and eventually leading up to playoffs.
Speaker 7: Why would you not use seekeek if you want to view from your seat. You want to know if it's a good seat, if it's a good deal. It has all of it on the app.
Speaker 1: It's easy to use. It's one click boom.
Speaker 7: You buy the tickets, they send them right to you, get them on the app, and then you can go check out whatever game, whatever you're a fan of. If you can go to whether it's baseball, whether it's concerts, whatever you're into, you can find a ticket and you can always try to find the green dot on sekk.
Speaker 6: And for MLB tickets you can get ten percent off with that promo codever running all season long, Territory one zero. That's territory ten off your next set of MLB tickets at sea Geek. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added tier account so you can use it later.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by fan Duel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing and fan Duel is giving you a chance to call your shot with daily dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why fan duel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com Slash podcast. To opt in for daily dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer, playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 2: So the Midsummer Classic is in the books. Another one. I will say, as someone who's covered the All Star Game, I think it's the best All Star game in professional sports. I don't think it's particularly close, simply because you can't half ass.
Speaker 1: Playing the game of baseball. You just can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't have to sprint out of the box, you don't have to dive for a ball on the gap. I get those things, but a pitcher cannot ease off and a hitter cannot ease off like you're gonna get embarrassed or you're gonna get hurt.
Speaker 1: So you have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So that's what makes it so much fun. It's always a pretty competitive game. The Homer and Derby is always a great event regardless of the format, but it.
Speaker 1: Always could be better. So I want to open the floor.
Speaker 2: We'll each give just one suggestion here in this short second segment. What would we like to see that we think could make the All Star Game better?
Speaker 1: Mark, you can start.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, the one thing that's most disappointing for me this year as a Pirates fan, we have two All Stars, two pitchers, neither of them are going to pitch. And I'm not sure how you fix this. If you make extend the All Star break a little bit and start the season a little earlier or whatnot, because you don't want to necessarily push it back and have guys miss pitching for their own team, but find it finding a way so that pictures can pitch in the All Star Game and not screw up their schedules for their teams. I just it's easier said than done. Obviously, I don't know if you want to bump up the schedule earlier. We already see enough cold games and all of that. But at the same time, it's electric seeing Paul Skings take them out during the All Star Game, and it's it really stinks that we're not going to be able to see like Brax and ashcraft pitch or Paul Skiing's pitch last night as you're watching this. So that would be my suggestion change. Were you guys thoughts on that. Do you think that's feasible or something worth trying to change or no?
Speaker 5: I mean it kind of.
Speaker 4: It would kind of lie within kind of what I was going to suggest is I think there needs to be at least.
Speaker 5: One more day in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just break just due to personal experience. The first All Star Game I went to, we left from Cincinnati and flew to Minnesota, which was.
Speaker 5: An hour behind. Okay, we get there decent time.
Speaker 4: Second one, when I went solo, I was flying from Chicago and had to fly down to Miami and didn't get down to Miami till ten PM, And I mentioned my wife was pregnant and we're also checking in late, and you got people that's probably finishing on the West Coast that probably got in later than me. And then Monday is you know, it's all jam packed in the two days. And I just think maybe with that that extra day could allow for maybe somebody to pitch that probably wasn't gonna pitch, and it allows for a lot of things just to just to be spread out just a little bit more because it happened so quickly. But granted, I get it, it's gonna have to affect the schedule one way or another, you know, starting earlier or whatever. But I just know that my second one was jam packed because I got there late due to where we finished. And I know they tried to, but you can't really help where you finished that last game before All Star. So there are some festivities or some things that you might not really get to experience because you got there late, and vice versa. You know, that extra day I think would help with possible But that's something that they could maybe visit what you got.
Speaker 2: Noah, I was just going to expand upon yours. I think this should be a real break even for I think the only negative of making an All Star team is that you don't get an All Star break. And so if I were doing it, the way I would go about it is I would let everyone play their schedule all the way through Sunday, including the minor leagues. That Monday would be an off day. There would be nothing going on that off day. Tuesday would be the Futures Game in the afternoon and then the first round of the MLB Draft in the evening, and you keep it at the forefront. Make those the two big things. I think the Futures Game needs a little bit more publicity. I hate that it's played on a day where there's every Major League Baseball Yeah yeah, like no, that should be its own thing.
Speaker 1: That that could be a bigger thing.
Speaker 2: In hell, you could have a home run derby before that of your prospects, Like why not jam pack them into one whole day of action. So you make Tuesday, maybe Tuesday morning you do like a home run derby, have like your Future's game at three o'clock, and then at seven o'clock is the first.
Speaker 1: Round of the MLB Draft. Beautiful, So that's on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: On Wednesday, it's the home run Derby and in the morning of the home run Derby is always like the All Star of media availability, that's when they announce the starting lineup.
Speaker 1: It's the busiest day for anyone covering the event. You like don't sleep at all that day.
Speaker 2: But it's it's a lot of fun because as a reporter, it's your trying to chance to get access to Kyle Schwarber, Shoho Tawny, like literally anyone.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome.
Speaker 2: But having that where people who are playing in the game, people who are covering the game have had a couple of days to settle in, I think a lot of better coverage is going to come out of that, and there's gonna be a lot more anticipation. And then you have the home run Derby, Her home Run Derby that evening. Then Thursdays just the All Star Game, and you know, the MLB Draft can be going on while all these other things are going on. But like you, I think you need to make a bigger skeptical of the first round of the draft. But then yeah, Wednesday night, home Run Derby, Thursday night, All Star Game, Friday and Saturday nothing, get back to your families, get back to your team, and then Sunday should be the start of a four game series for every team, so you start in the afternoon, you can play a Sunday afternoon game, and then you just do like three seven o'clocks or two seven o'clocks and then a getaway day.
Speaker 1: So rather than having that weekend.
Speaker 2: Series like the Pirates have in Cleveland, you still play your Sunday game at one thirty.
Speaker 1: But I don't see who loses in this.
Speaker 2: I guess you're giving up a weekend of home games if you're an MLB team, which they don't love.
Speaker 1: But I think this improves the product.
Speaker 2: It improves the product as far as branding because you have a whole week at the center of attention. As someone who also publishes content, I know that like Thursday is just a better day for eyeballs than a Tuesday. For the All Star Game, Wednesday and Thursday are typically like your two best days for eyeballs aside from Monday, and you don't want your headlining event to be on a Monday, especially for like an All Star game, a day after.
Speaker 1: Games are ending rate.
Speaker 2: So I think you're getting more brand value by doing that.
Speaker 1: And also.
Speaker 2: Your goal should be to have every team as healthy as possible in the second half of the season and no one's one hundred percent healthy. In mid July, no player, no team is one hundred percent healthy. And if you give those guys an extra week to really catch up. If you don't make the All Star Game, go on vacation, you have a whole that Sunday, go leave wherever you're at, go to Cancun for a couple of days, come home, reset, get your arm right, or go home, spend time with your wife and family. Or if you're on the All Star Game, still that's more of a experience, like you're you're a little bit spread out, you're not hustling. You might have a day to Like if you want to take that Monday and go home and then go get into town for the All Star step festivities on Tuesday or Wednesday, you still get a little bit of a break too. And as someone who Josh, obviously you've lived it, but having covered seeing the gauntlet that Paul has to go through every All Star Game, where every single media person there has a boss telling them you need to talk to Paul. He can't talk to all of us, but like he has to, and just seeing what he goes through, or what Otani goes through, or all of these guys. It's exhausting, and then they have to go be great And I'm not, you know, crying.
Speaker 1: It's the world's alms.
Speaker 2: Violent You're paid a lot of money to do this, and it's a game, but it is. As someone who's seen it firsthand, it is draining. And it's gonna be better for everyone if guys are a more rested and more energetic and happier to be there, if they feel like their off field experience is better.
Speaker 1: And it will help the on field products. So that's what I just think.
Speaker 2: Stretch it out, make it its own week It's worth sacrificing a Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 1: Through the the through the turnstiles. In my opinion, I don't own a baseball team.
Speaker 2: I get that that probably isn't gonna ever happen, but that's how I would do it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: I do too, No no back laugh for me. I would have loved best schedule.
Speaker 4: I'm just glad, not even even not making the All Star team.
Speaker 5: I would have loved best schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you kidding me? And then I also think.
Speaker 5: That's a real reset.
Speaker 2: That's a real reset, And that weekend if you really wanted to, oh, there we go with my camera zooming in on me. If you really wanted to like emphasize profits or anything, you could use that weekend to really promote minor league baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like there's.
Speaker 2: No excuse why they're not playing if they had the Future's Game on Tuesday, like they should all be back at it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and also, like you know, you're minor leaguers. You don't need the rest.
Speaker 2: You earn the rest be a big leaguer. No, But yeah, that's how I see it, I think. I mean, there's been other ideas floated out, like people have suggested maybe like America versus International. I think that's what the World Baseball Classics for.
Speaker 1: I like, I love seeing.
Speaker 5: Enough that every night.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, seriously, So yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, and internationally, there's so many of them.
Speaker 4: It'd be so hard to pick because I mean, how many different countries are represented now that I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree, classic.
Speaker 2: Is keep it what it is, man, It's the best all star game the American League, in the National League.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad they found have the team's jerseys back on and so the the All Star jerseys that was that was.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I'm trying to think.
Speaker 4: I know, my second one we wore uniforms.
Speaker 5: I think the first one we did too. I can't remember first one team uniforms.
Speaker 4: Okay, my second okay, well, yeah, I like the team uniform too, and I don't something that I would want to possibly change. I know it's been a big issue, is voting, you know, because that and to me, I think I saw a couple of names that I'm like, man, what' this dude hurting barely played or this guy hasn't been playing well, or like I get fan favorites or you know, this team has a lot of fan followings to where they're voting for their guys, but there has to be some type of way the percentage of like, okay, this can't because it does take away from some people that are really deserving. You have some fan bases that are just voting, and I'm no, nothing against it, but.
Speaker 5: You know, it's almost like players. We see guys like.
Speaker 4: Dang man, I voted for this dude, but you know, and it's like, why should all of these votes wigh more than what we're voting. You know, we're playing, we know who's worthy of and not saying that, I mean not everybody's gonna get their NOD just because it's impossible. You know, there are gonna be some people that are what they consider being snubbed every year just based off of the limited space. But when fans have the opportunity to manipulate that, it does take away a little bit from, you know, the process. And that was just something that I observed. That So it's a little touchy subject because I mean, I don't want to take anything away from anybody, But at the same time, it's like, I'm sure some of those guys too, like, man, there's some people that are more deserving, you know. But at the same time, who was not gonna take an All Star Now I'm going too. Yeah, you know, but that that's just something that I would want to see completely agree.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: What I want to see is everyone watching this hit that subscribe button if they haven't already. We're on a mission of three thousand subs. Can't get there without your help.
Speaker 9: I also want to see everyone head to the Buco Territory Team store get your good old merch with our hoodies, our shirts, our hats, our bags, our coffee mugs.
Speaker 1: We got it all.
Speaker 3: Got a shoots appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at that. The fucko territory guy. Any final thoughts.
Speaker 3: To the second half, No, I'm just ready to watch some Pirates baseball again. It's gonna be a weird week not having any Pirates to watch in the All Star Game, having to wait all the way until Friday. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. It's gonna be tough. So so think of me. I'll be hanging in there.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say I'm gonna tune in a little bit tonight on the All Star Game. Uh is it still who wins determines home field events or.
Speaker 1: Ruin that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I wasn't sure.
Speaker 4: I was like, well nationally, yeah, hey, Pirates look like they might be making moves.
Speaker 5: I might need to do some work.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I I enjoyed this week. I think it's just a good reset for everything, and sometimes, you know, missing something.
Speaker 1: Allows you to enjoy it a lot more.
Speaker 2: And I'm very, very excited for this weekend series in Cleveland to see if the Pirates can remain hot and continue to build because their schedule does not get any easier, uh until August arrived.
Speaker 3: So I think they we'll be here to strength of schedule the rest of the way or something. It's it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: Yep, but we'll be here to cover it all. He's Platinum, Kyak and Mark. He's Josh Harrison. I'm no Ohio, signing off saying thanks for tuning in to another episode of Buck of Territory, presented to you by the Foul Territory Network.
Speaker 1: Take care.
Speaker 6: Do AT have to intend?
Speaker 5: Put the reactive