Speaker 1: Our two Sean Hannity Show to hold for you on numbers eight hundred and nine, Pool one Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. So we were in the Washington Swamp yesterday and I had a lot of time with the Vice President jd Vance. Part two will air tonight on Hannity. It has gone viral in so many different aspects, just different questions that I asked him that I guess people are very interested in. On the least of which was when I said, mister Vice President, what have you learned from President Trump talking about twenty twenty eight talking about his relationship with Marco Rubio. He said, nobody should think they're entitled to be the heir apparent to Donald Trump. And I body gave very good answers on this, but let's go to this interview. Part two will air tonight nine Eastern on Fox, also RFK Junior and Doctor Oz Tonight, Mis Vice President, great to see.
Speaker 2: Holl you welcome, good, appreciate how you doing it.
Speaker 3: And thanks for sitting out. Well, I guess we start with a little good news. Yeah, government is open, that's right, Okay, longest shutdown in history. Can you tell me what the point of all that was I.
Speaker 4: Wish that I knew, Sean, because here's what the Democrats actually accomplished. They caused a lot of stress for our troops. They made our traffic controllers.
Speaker 2: Not get paid.
Speaker 4: They caused a lot of flight cancelations. They had a lot of people thinking they weren't going to get their food benefits, all for literally nothing, Sean, because we could have struck this exact deal forty five days ago. In fact, we met with Hakeem Jeffreys and Chuck Schumer and said we will pass this exact deal.
Speaker 2: They said no.
Speaker 4: They put the American people through a ton of pain and suffering for nothing. And we knew this was going to happen, Sean. We knew the President of the United States said every single day. Eventually the Democrats are going to realize this is an absurd position. We've got to reopen the government.
Speaker 2: And that's what they did.
Speaker 3: As bad as it was getting, I'm trying to comprehend the thinking behind this. Except for eight Democrats in the Senate and six in the House, they wanted it to continue, and there's real palpable anger that it didn't con I think Chuck Schumer's cooked as a result, even though he did everything that is base on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let me say a couple of things.
Speaker 4: First of all, I do give a lot of credit for the moderate Democrats in the Senate.
Speaker 2: Who were with us from the very beginning, because if.
Speaker 4: You remember the original bill to keep the government open, before the shutdown even started, there were fifty two GOP senators three Democratic senators. They recognized where this was going, they recognized what was in the best inte of the country. But I think, Sean, there are so many far left people who run the Democratic Party Washington, d C. They just want to burn it down. They don't care if the troops don't get paid. They don't care if you cost billions of dollars of loss productivity. They don't care if you shut down the airline industry, which they were very close close to doing. They just want to get Trump, and they don't care if they have to burn the entire country down in order to get Trump.
Speaker 2: That's what they want to do.
Speaker 4: And I think that it shows how stupid that approaches politically, because normally you would expect the president of the United States to get blamed for a shutdown. The American people were smart enough to recognize that the Democrat were the ones who were sort of holding this hostage.
Speaker 2: They were saying that unless you.
Speaker 4: Give us everything that we want, unless you give us one point five trillion dollars of benefits healthcare for illegal aliens, we're going to destroy the country.
Speaker 2: We're going to keep the government shut down.
Speaker 4: And definitely, I think the President recognized eventually the American people are going to recognize this is the Democrats doing this.
Speaker 2: The Democrats, I think, made.
Speaker 4: A huge political mistake by continuing to push for all of these crazy things, and they said, if you don't give all these crazy things, we're going to keep the government shut down. It was politically stupid, but you're right. I don't understand the psychology of a Democrat who says we'd like to burn the country down in order to get Donald Trump. But unfortunately, it just drives home that's what their party is about.
Speaker 2: That was the thing.
Speaker 3: One point five trillion, hundreds of billions of dollars for health care for illegals, DEI programs are broad MPR PBS to fund them once.
Speaker 2: Again, and that's the hell you want to die on.
Speaker 3: During the process that any point did any Democrat any leader. Did you have conversations with them, say work.
Speaker 2: This out with me.
Speaker 3: Did that happen behind the scenes that nobody knows about.
Speaker 4: Oh, of course, privately, we were having conversations all the time. And frankly, privately the Democrats would recognize the position of their far left was crazy. But they all feel a little bit like they're being held hostage by their far left. You said it very well, Chuck Schumer. This probably ended his career, and he was the person who was fighting more than anybody to keep the government shut down. So the far left, they're never going to be satisfied unless the Democrats are willing to burn down the entire country. Luckily, there were a few moderate Democrats who allowed reason to prevail. We have to step back and sewan and remember how crazy the demands were. They wanted one point five trillion dollars, a lot of that healthcare benefits for illegal aliens. They wanted us to undo all of the great border policy.
Speaker 2: That we've been doing.
Speaker 4: They wanted us to refund like you said, MPR and PBS, they were basically saying that we want the far left's priorities to dominate in the Trump administration. And unless that happens, we're going to set the entire country on fire. A really disgraceful moment for the far left of the Democrats, and frankly, a very revealing moment for the American people because they asked in Shawn. They weren't saying that we want to do great things for the American people. They weren't talking about jobs, they weren't talking about healthcare. They were talking about give us one point five trillion dollars for healthcare benefits for illegal aliens, and less you do that, we're going to make it impossible for you to fly home to see your family on Thanksgiving. It's just craziness that that was ever their position, but it was.
Speaker 2: When we get it back up and running fast, you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's going to take a little bit of time to get everything fully up and running. They actually brought the bill over to my house last night around nine o'clock to sign.
Speaker 2: It, because as the President of the Senate I had to sign it for the Senate.
Speaker 4: Mike Johnson signed it for the House, and then of course the President of United States had to sign it into law.
Speaker 2: Were eating bills from conversus basically, I mean the earleamentarian, the Senate parliamentarian was driving around in an ure, going from place to place to get this thing signed.
Speaker 4: But I actually I had this conversation with the President yesterday afternoon. I said, assuming the House is able to get this done, do you want to sign this tomorrow morning? He said, no, I want to sign it tonight because the only way to get the people's government turned back on as quickly as possible was to sign the bill as quickly as possible. But you know it goes to show the entire time the President, the entire administration, we were focused on getting the government turned back on, getting critical services actually funded so the government could function for the American people. That Democrats were focused on. We want to take you hostage. We want to make it hard for you to get home to see your family on Thanksgiving so that we can give your health care benefits to illegal aliens. What an incredible juxtaposition of priorities. We care about Americans, they care about illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: That's been true for years.
Speaker 4: They made it super clear with this government shutdown fight.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Obviously, the economy is always front and center for most American would argue that foundationally everything set trillions and dollars of committed moneyes for manufacturing largest tax.
Speaker 2: Cuts in history. It took a long quite a.
Speaker 3: While, over a year and a half for the Reagan tax cuts to kick in. Ended up with twenty one million new jobs, longest period peacetime economic growth.
Speaker 2: President Trump now has.
Speaker 3: Given us the largest tax cut in history, no tax tips, social Security over time, then you add the energy component. So for people now that maybe are still suffering from the Biden Harris economic hangover, when do we really see the engine of the economy start to take off.
Speaker 4: Well, some of it's already started on, but some of it is going to take a long time because we inherited a disaster. We inherited the highest peacetime debt and deficits in the history of the United States of America. We inherited the worst inflation crisis in at least the last forty years and I.
Speaker 2: Think probably longer. So a lot of Americans when we took over, they were struggling.
Speaker 4: They either were underemployed or they didn't have a job altogether. Their wages had been stagnant. And the President of the United States said, the most important thing that we have to fix is for people to be able to live a good life.
Speaker 2: We need a good job to pay good wages.
Speaker 4: We need people to be able to go to the grocery store and actually buy what they need for their family. That takes a little bit of time. And I know that there are a lot of people out there, Sean who are saying things are expensive, and we have to remember they're expensive because we inherited this terrible inflation crisis from the Biden administration. But you've already seen signs that things are getting better. The price of eggs has gone way down. The price of energy has gone way down, the price of gasoline has gone way down. And as we know, when the price of energy goes down, that starts to filter out into the entire economy. But that also takes a little bit of time. There's another component of this, Sean, which to me is maybe the most important, because I care so much about our young people being able to afford a good life. A lot of young people are saying housing is way too expensive.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 4: Because we flooded the country with thirty million illegal immigrants who were taking houses that ought by right go to American citizens, And at the same time, we weren't building enough new houses to begin with, even for the population that we had. So what we're doing is trying to make it easier to build houses, trying to make it easier to build factories and things like that so.
Speaker 2: That people have good jobs.
Speaker 4: We're also getting all of those illegal aliens out of our country, and you're already seeing it start to pay some dividends. Let me give you a very clear statistical example. Under the Biden administration, the price of a new home literally doubled.
Speaker 2: In four years. It went up one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Under the Trump administration, housing and rent prices are up about one to two percent. That's actually in line with what you would like to see. So again, we inherited a disaster. We're very mindful of the fact that there's a lot of work to do, but I think that we've made great progress.
Speaker 2: And the final point I'll make about that, Sean, is.
Speaker 4: The most important way to fix this affordability crisis is to make people's wages go up.
Speaker 2: And that is where the Trump economy.
Speaker 4: I think, just objectively, obviously I'm very biased, but I think objectively.
Speaker 2: Is doing better than any economy in fifty or sixty years.
Speaker 4: Blue collar wages are going up. Working people's wages, middle class wages.
Speaker 2: Are going up.
Speaker 4: And that's how we ultimately chip away at the Biden affordability crisis, is that we make an economy where people can afford to buy the things that they need. The best way to do that is good jobs and good wages, and that's why the president's focus is where it is.
Speaker 3: I want to see that manufacturing get online because those are high paying career jobs.
Speaker 2: They are you know, we are going to bring in house.
Speaker 3: We always imported, and we're relying on other countries for pharmaceuticals, semiconducted, chips, automobile manufacturing. The President negotiated out those deals. I want to see those jobs get online, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Speaker 2: It's right, Apple is going to spend.
Speaker 3: What five hundred billion dollars in Texas.
Speaker 4: They're going to spend at least five hundred million dollars in the United States, and that's just Apple. We've seen about eighteen trillion dollars of new capital commitment Sewan.
Speaker 2: That's to your point, those are good.
Speaker 4: That's whenever you're creating jobs, and nothing like that has ever happened in this country. If you go back to the Biden administration, a good year for the Biden administration was a few hundred billion dollars of investments. The president is getting trillions upon trillions of new investments. Now, of course, I'm mindful that people were suffering Sean because those factories don't get built overnight. These things actually take a little bit of time.
Speaker 2: But here's what's different from the Trump administration than Biden administration. The President is focused now.
Speaker 4: On getting people good jobs, getting people higher wages, and bringing down the cost of goods. We inherited a disaster. We've chipped away at a lot of that problem in ten months. But that's why you've got four year terms, because we're going to do a lot over the next three years three months to make sure that more people can afford a good life. They can afford to buy homes, young people can afford to start families, and we've actually got good jobs that put people on a career trajectory into stability. The biggest problem with the Biden economy wasn't even the affordability.
Speaker 2: That was the second biggest problem.
Speaker 4: The biggest problem with Biden economy is that people had the kind of.
Speaker 2: Jobs where they couldn't build a career out of it.
Speaker 4: They'd make fourteen fifteen dollars an hour with no promise of ever being able to make more. That is not how you build a middle class American dream. That's how you build debt servants. And that's what the American people were becoming under Joe Biden. It's so important that we stay the course, keep these economic policies going so that Americans can own a stake in their own future, build.
Speaker 2: The kind of life that every American deserves.
Speaker 3: Back to the home building part, it's interesting you wrote it a by you was obsessed.
Speaker 2: With AI as I am. I am okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm a grock guy. I'm a grock guy, grock GUYE okay, elon.
Speaker 2: I think it's the best. I think it's the best. It's also the least woke.
Speaker 4: I'm always asking myself if I ask an AI a question, is going to give me an ejectivevice throves it and puts it an extreme mode?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 3: Have you put it in an extreme mode just for kicks and giggles?
Speaker 2: It's a little oh if I have not? So on, I don't want the media to.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know, the neighborhood that Donald Trump grew up in, and the kind of language you probably heard every day.
Speaker 2: You put it in extreme mode, it's pretty funny. I could to all tuck like my grandmother and then yeah, we'd be in shape.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the housing shortage, the estimate is what between four and a half and six million homes were shy right now?
Speaker 2: For those numbers, yep, Okay.
Speaker 3: I met a guy that's building a company that seventy percent of a home can be built with robots at about two hundred dollars a square foot. Now, where I live in Florida, you're not getting any home anywhere near two hundred dollars a square foot.
Speaker 2: So will that be a factor? And then you have to think of, Okay, we're going to lose blue collar jobs.
Speaker 3: How do we transition people into the economy if they're going to lose those jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So a few things about that, Sean.
Speaker 4: First, we probably need to build about five million new homes, and if you look at the Red States, we're actually doing a very good job. One of the biggest challenges that we have in the housing market, aside from too many illegal aliens who are taking the houses, of American citizens is that in the Blue states, you're not.
Speaker 2: Building enough houses.
Speaker 4: So you go to California, why are so many people moving out of California?
Speaker 2: It's you know, yes, I have a guess, there's no no wa.
Speaker 3: Your friend gavenusm yeah, my friend gavenusum any. I mean maybe if they put water in fire hydrants and reservoirs.
Speaker 4: That might help, right, but they're not building houses. You look at those terrible fires that happened to Los Angeles. You have people who are still trying to get the permitting to rebuild their houses.
Speaker 2: This happens so long ago.
Speaker 4: So we've got to get our blue states to build enough houses for their citizens because our red states in the federal government is actually doing.
Speaker 2: A really good job. By the way.
Speaker 4: You know, the one of the biggest cities where you're seeing housing costs come down Austin, Texas, because they're choosing smart policies and they're building enough housing. Now on the AI issue, look, I understand why people are worried that. You know, if you have a robot doing that job, does a takeaway from a blue collar worker who.
Speaker 2: Can do that job.
Speaker 4: Right now, the evidence that I see is that if we really lean into robotics and technology. It's going to raise everybody's wages and make everybody better off.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll take a break, we'll come back. We'll continue more of my interview with the Vice President well part two tonight on Hannity nine Eastern on Fox, also RFK Junior and Doctor Oz together broadcasting coast to coast, order to mortar, and all over America.
Speaker 2: This is the show Hannity Show.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back to my interview with the Vice President JD. Vans from last night. Part two of that interview will air tonight. Also, I had time to sit down with Robert F. Kennedy Junior and also with doctor Oz. Will air that tonight as well. And the other news of the day. We have time for it all nineties to incite a DVR on Fox. It's gone pretty viral to this interview. But let me play part two.
Speaker 2: Of it for you.
Speaker 3: It's actually amazing because you'll see them. They'll do the framing, they'll put on the siding. They'll actually a robot will put on the roof.
Speaker 2: It's kind of crazy. It is crazy. They'll wire the.
Speaker 3: House, they put an insulation, they'll put up the wallboard, they'll paint the wallboard, and then the finished work in comes the craftsman. I'm not so sure that the AI is going to be able to do that, at least in the short term, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of the craftsmanship, a lot of the direction, a lot of the management, you're going to need a human being to do that. Nobody can replace. No robot can replace a great blue collar construction worker. You know, you see some of the houses, some of the things they do, the trim that they're able to do. There's an art there that I don't think a robot's ever going to be able to replace. But robot maybe make it easier for a construction worker to put more nails and more walls over a shorter period.
Speaker 2: Of time some of the road things. In other words, you're going to see.
Speaker 4: I think robotics help the construction workers, and I think that's going to lead to higher wages.
Speaker 2: And it's also going to lead to more homes.
Speaker 3: Firms are will love it and think a build the one big beautiful ballroom faster.
Speaker 2: The robot could do it faster.
Speaker 3: I think he'd hire the robot because I know that's obviously important.
Speaker 4: Well, but this is an interesting point, though, Sean, because if you go back to it to you know, there really are, I think, two different models of how you make people more productive, of how you create economic growth, of how you make people better off. The Democrat model was import low wage immigrants, and I really do think that hurt the jobs of our construction workers, that hurt the wages of a lot of our blue collar workers. But their idea was the way that we get more prosperity is that you import more and more low wage servants, and that actually, I think reduced prosperity because it meant that a lot of our blue collar workers were struggling. But if you use technology, you empower the blue collar workers rather than replace them with foreign labor. I think they're going to do way better. They're going to make higher wages, and the whole country is going to be better off. In other words, do you depend on low wage immigrants or do you depend on American citizens bolstered.
Speaker 2: By technology and innovation.
Speaker 4: That's the Trump model, and I think that's the model that's going to deliver long term prosperity for this country.
Speaker 3: You first become the vice president and I had my well first I interviewed you at the convention.
Speaker 2: Very first interview I did as a VPN first.
Speaker 3: Interview, thank you, And we had an interview right after you got sworn in.
Speaker 2: You're almost on the job a full year. Tell me about the job, and by definition you have to be ready at a God.
Speaker 3: Forbid moment's notice. Sure, I think that's a heavy weight to put.
Speaker 2: On anybody's shoulders.
Speaker 3: Obviously, if you obsess about it, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that'd be healthy.
Speaker 3: You seem to go with the flow pretty well. Do you have quiet moments you think about that?
Speaker 4: Honestly, Sean, I try not to. I mean, one, I serve under Donald Trump, who is very healthy. He has a big shadow. But if I served under Joe Biden, I'd probably be worried every minute of every day that he was going to croak and then I'd.
Speaker 2: Have to become president.
Speaker 4: But because I serve a president, okay, and it just happened like I'd never been able to sleep, I'd always have my cell phone as loud as possible. But no, the president one, you know, he's got a lot of energy, is extremely healthy, So I don't think about that.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 4: That's part of the job is you've got to be ready if tragedy strikes. But the thing that I try to do, Sean is I just try to be as much of a force multiplier for.
Speaker 2: The President and the whole administration.
Speaker 4: You know, if the President needs to talk to ten people in Congress, he can only make five of those phone calls, I can make the other five. If the President needs to meet with a business leader but he can't meet with him because he's meeting with somebody else, then I.
Speaker 2: Can meet with that person. If the President needs.
Speaker 4: Somebody to go visit a factory, he can't do it for one reason or another, then I go and do that. And what I try to think is so long as the President trust me, and so long as I'm loyal to the president in return, then he can just have me go and do something and not worry about whether it's going to get done, not worry about whether somebody is going to.
Speaker 2: Blab to the media about it.
Speaker 4: That's the way that I try to approach this job is the best use of my time is to be a force multiplier for him in the administration. That's what I've tried to do. I think that it's worked out really well so far. But part of that is also the president you serve under. When you talk to people about the job of vice president, it can either be a really high impact job, a real partnership with the presidency, or it can be a job where you sit around and hope the phone doesn't ring. And because the President trusts me, and because of the way that he does his job, he's made it possible for me to be very involved in the business of running the country, that's an awesome thing. It's an exciting thing. I pinch myself every day. I mean, look where we are, this beautiful room, and I try to remember that it's a great honor and a great blessing to serve and I just try to do the job that I can every day.
Speaker 3: The last place my parents ever thought I'd be just visiting. What if you learned from President Trump, I mean, he is a force of nature.
Speaker 2: He is I'm not inserting yours. Whatever you learn from him, You know a few things.
Speaker 4: Number One, the President is amazing at compartmentalizing things.
Speaker 2: When something is going on, there's always a crisis.
Speaker 4: The very best day in the West Wing, there's at least one crisis somewhere in the world that somebody's putting your desk. The President has an incredible ability to sort of say, Okay, focus on that for fifteen minutes and then go and focus on something totally different for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: That's not naturally how I am.
Speaker 4: If something bad is going on, I tend to want to think about that thing and solve that problem before I go on to something else. The President is incredible at that compartmentalization. I think it's one of the reasons why he can handle ten different problems at once is because he's able to troubleshoot and then move on to the next thing, troubleshoot and move on to the next thing. The second thing that I've learned from the President sean, and I've tried to absorb it as much as I can, and I think some of this is just who he is in his natural instincts, is he has better instincts about human beings than anybody that I've ever met.
Speaker 2: And again, the President of the United States.
Speaker 4: You think about this, You can't read every briefing in every detail about every single topic.
Speaker 2: One hundred different things are coming into.
Speaker 4: The Oval Office every hour, right, So part of it is you've got to be able to trust the people around you to delegate and to execute.
Speaker 2: But to have that trust for people, you've got to have very very good instincts.
Speaker 4: And the President has an amazing ability to know when somebody's trying to get something over on them, when somebody's actually thinking about things in the best interests of the country. It's almost a supernatural ability to read human beings. And I've tried to learn as much as I can about it. And again, some of that is just his inateability. Some of that is something that I think that you can pick up, and I've tried to pick that up as much as I can, because it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Sean. Let me give you example.
Speaker 4: There was a time where there was a meeting that I couldn't go to again because I had I think I had to be on Capitol Hill related to a big, beautiful bill, and I was really worried that I wouldn't be in the meeting because I knew what the people in the meeting were going to say, and I was worried that I couldn't push back against it. And I remember talking to the President about it later, and he knew exactly what they were going to say he knew exactly what their angle was, he knew exactly what their motivation was, and he just he reads people and tries to use you know, it's almost he's able to use people's own motivations to figure out whether they're trying to get something that's good for America or whether they're trying to get something that's good for them. And obviously, if it's good for America, he's all on board. If it's just good for them, he's going to be a little bit more skeptical. But that capacity to figure that out, I think it's why he's such an effective leader and why he's such a good president.
Speaker 3: To be able to compartmentalize as a skill, to have a discernment also, I think as a gift, sure, And I kind of feel like a lot of my life I had the ability to read people very well.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it served me my life.
Speaker 4: See, I think that I have that ability to but I think the President takes it up to a totally different level. His discernment is really remarking.
Speaker 3: The energy level is beyond I mean, I went on the golf trip with him, seventeen hours there, seventeen hours back, and he's awake.
Speaker 2: The whole time. It's unexpects you to be awake.
Speaker 4: Well, it's unbelievable. It's actually I joke with some of the cabinet because the President I can't travel together. That's one of the things. Never on the same airplane. And they're always like you say like that. I always say, you're so lucky because if we go on a twenty hour trip somewhere, he doesn't sleep the entire time. And of course if he's not sleeping, if he's working, he expects everybody else to be working to So again, the energy that the guy has really is off the charts.
Speaker 2: But again, you've.
Speaker 4: Got to have that level of energy to do this job successfully. For all of Biden's problems and all the policy disagreements that I have with the Biden administration, I really do wonder was Biden able to stay on top? Did he have the physical and mental ability to stay on top of everything that comes through is I can answer? The answer is no, of course not. And that's the one thing that agreer disagree with President Trump about it. Given issue, every Democrat and every Republican I think, deep down would recognize this is a guy who has the energy to do the job. That's a very very rare thing. But that's who you should be electing president United States. Somebody's got the energy for it.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking you to answer this question, but I am giving you a preview of coming attractions. Hopefully I'll be back a year from now. And there is no avoiding the question, okay, because we will have just gotten through the midterms. Sure, two days after the midterms we get into cycle, meaning twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Of course, war have you thought at all? I mean, I would think it has to go through your head. You're in the Oval office every day.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you know the times that I've been there to visit and they throw me out.
Speaker 2: Is you know I pinched myself.
Speaker 3: I never thought as a kid growing you know, my mom was a prison guard, my dad a waiter, and a family corporation guy. I'd ever been in that building. Right, an amazing country is an amazing country. So many made a mistake. But in all seriousness, this is coming fast.
Speaker 4: Sure, Sure, thinking about it all, I would say that I thought about what that moment might look like after the midterm elections.
Speaker 2: Sure, But I also.
Speaker 4: Whenever I think about that, I try to put it out of my head and remind myself. The American people elected me to do a job right now, and my job is to do it. And if you start getting distracted and focused on what comes next, I think it actually makes you worse of the job that you have.
Speaker 2: And here's what will happen. I mean, look, we're very focused on the midterm elections.
Speaker 4: I think because what the President has set in motion is a long term economic revitalization effort for this country. I really want us to win the midterms because of the Democrats get in power, they're going to try to screw up a lot of the great things the President of the United States has done over the past ten months. Again, trees that have been planted, some of which won't even bear fruit for a few years. I don't want the Democrats to screw that up. So we're gonna win the midterms.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do everything that we can to win the midterms, and then after that I'm gonna sit down with the President of the United States and talk to him about it. But let's focus on the now, because we've got well over a year to do as much as we can for the American people. And my attitude, Sean is, Look, if we do a good job, the politics will take care of itself.
Speaker 4: If we do a terrible job, the politics will take care of itself in the other direction.
Speaker 2: So I'm just going to focus on the job that I have.
Speaker 3: I found a really interesting and actually intriguing comment that you made saying that Marco Rubio is your best friend in the administration.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And by the way, some.
Speaker 3: People I would think would naturally think, well, maybe they might eventually one day be rivals. I didn't get that impression at all in your comment.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't feel like that at all.
Speaker 4: And I mean, look, if Marko eventually runs for president, then that's that's that.
Speaker 2: We can cross that bridge when we come to it. But one look, if you get to out Trump one to design the next ticket, I know this. I know I don't take control of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, but people have asked me, well, do you see Marco as a arrival?
Speaker 2: First of all, if if either one of us end up running, it's a long ways.
Speaker 4: In the future and neither of us is entitled to it. So I think it would be ridiculous for me to say, well, Marco's arrival, No, no, No, Mark is a colleague. The preside the United States has asked each of us to do two very important jobs, and that's what we should focus on. And this, when I say that Marco is my best friend, that's no insult to anybody else in the administration, because you know, when I came into the Senate, Marco was a bit of a mentor to me.
Speaker 2: He's one of the younger guys in the Senate. He's got, you know, by the standards of Washington, he still has a young family.
Speaker 4: He's got kids who are in law school, in college, and so there's just a lot of commonality that we have. We're both people of very strong faith, and our wives get along.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: It's just he's a good guy, and I like come to work with him, and I like talking to him about the things that confront the administration, confront the president. But let me just say one other thing about this. Here's why the presidential focus the twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight folks I think is bad.
Speaker 4: Is because if you wake up in my job or anybody else's job, asking yourself what's good for my future a few years down the road, you're not going to do a good.
Speaker 2: Job right now.
Speaker 4: The question that I try to ask myself is what is good for the President, the administration, and the American people right now.
Speaker 2: That's what I have to be focused on. And I think so long as I do that, again, politics take care of itself. I think it's a good message for everybody. Honestly, do your job.
Speaker 3: You think about something else, do your job, do your job that day. I think that's a good message for everybody.
Speaker 1: All right, quick break, we'll be right back. Don't forget Part two my interview with Jadvans tonight on Hannity, also RFK Junior Doctor Oz. Then your calls coming up. Eight hundred and ninety four one Shawn. As we continue