Speaker 1: Man, if you don't get chills, there's something wrong with you. It's one more thing I'm thing, or you're very center state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to play the new military recruiting ad, which fits in with our buddy Mike Lions, who said on our show last year sometime they're talking about recruiting being way way down, is that they need to bring back the whole you know, being proud of yourself, be all you can be. I mean, that's that's what inspired young men to challenge themselves, not the crap that we're doing now. But anyway, we'll get to that in a second before we air that new ad for you.
Speaker 1: It's been too long since we talked to Mike, by the way, Yeah right.
Speaker 2: We got warn peace going on every freaking day.
Speaker 1: And semi war. This from thee.
Speaker 2: This is from the New York Post, which New York Post is a weird newspaper. It's it's everything from completely laughably stupid to take that with a grain of salt, to hardcore news reporting nobody else is covering like earth chattering news that they get right and nobody else does.
Speaker 1: Right tough reporting because they don't run with the media herd in a very admirable way. Plus stewartis fired says my booves were too big, or or they make a story out of Internet hates blah blah blah, and they pick out three tweets and build a story around it. I wish they wouldn't do that. Lessens the impact of the real news stories. That way, when they say Hunter Biden's laptop is real, all the people that dismiss him as a tabloid get to ignore it. But anyway, I didn't mean to get on that. We got this headline from the New York Post three city killing asteroids could strike Earth within weeks, generating a million times more energy than the Hiroshima atomic bomb. It's a little misleading in the headline. While it is true that they could strike within weeks, they also could strike a year from now or a thousand years from now. They don't have the slightest idea, that's the whole point. But in the you have no idea would include right now or the most sweet meteors of death. Didn't see that come?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was in the journal Astronomy and Astrophysics the other day. It turns out there's a whole bunch of asteroids out there that we don't have the ability to see until they get quite close. And they've just learned that for a variety of reasons, they're hidden behind other planets and gravitational this and all kinds of different things. But we didn't know that we can't see these pretty decent sized asteroids. They're not giant giant, but they're big enough they would leave a crater.
Speaker 1: We killed them in. We called can I have Take two, Michael? We call them in viceroids. I'm thinking of a fifties horror movie, gliban sci fi movie.
Speaker 2: The crater would be two miles wide from these size asteroids. And again if the power of a million times more energy than the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroschma, so not a minor deal. If it hits Los Angeles, in fact, it would kill everyone probably well.
Speaker 1: Then the shockwave from something that could achieve that level of destruction would have to level buildings for many, many miles.
Speaker 2: So there's no reason to think one's going to hit like and within a couple of weeks, like the headline suggests. But there's there's also mathematically no reason that it couldn't without us seeing it until it was too late. So that's an interesting development in the world of asteroids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say it's hard to know how seriously to take this, because that's kind of a staple of tabloid publications and websites and the rest of it is an asteroid is coming to kill.
Speaker 2: You, right, And I got to believe if it was fairly likely, it would have led other news organizations, as it would be a pretty big story, right indeed.
Speaker 1: But I think we can all agree that a woman forced to leave her field of employ because their breasts are just that large is unfortunate and unfair.
Speaker 2: So so the Pentagon for quite a few years has miscalculated in thinking that as they lowered standards and crowed about lowing standards and became more inclusive to a variety of lifestyles that would increase recruitment. You've got lower standards and you're including more people that you used to ban. It has done the opposite. It has taken a whole bunch of young men who I mean, this was the reason I almost I came very very close to joining the military and high school. I had the recruit at my house and paperwork holding and as I often say, I don't even remember why I changed my mind, but I was going to join the Marine Corps, and it was all about the challenge of, you know, seeing I could, if I could do this. It wasn't the oh, I'm glad they include uh trans people and they've lowered the standards. That's not what was motivating. It was like I.
Speaker 1: Could get to fight alongside a woman with skinny arms who can't lift anything.
Speaker 2: Or everybody can assume I got skinny arms and can't lift anything because everybody knows the standards are so low. No, you wanted to come out of the military having, you know, feeling like a tough guy, and everybody I've ever else feel like you're a tough guy because you've got to be tough to do it. You a tough guy, a strong guy, a resilient guy, all sorts of stuff, right, And Mike Clins, who's our military analyst, if you don't know that, said that's what he thought would bring recruiting numbers back up, making it seem like a challenge to young men, which.
Speaker 1: Brings us to this new commercial video. I guess what's a commercial these days? It goes viral on the web and people see it, so nobody's buying sixty second spots for this. Everybody who's watching it because they want to, but it was recently put out by the Pentagon. You will recognize the voices of Pete Hegxeth and Donald Trump in particular. It's ninety seconds long. The visuals are terrific. It is as you would expect, men of action and high training and capability using the very most awesome, cool and advanced tools of war, from attack helicopters to night vision gear. Some great pictures of training. It's really beautifully produced. Visually speaking, here's the audio.
Speaker 3: No more distraction, no more electric tanks, no more gender confusion, no more climate change worship. We are laser focused on our mission of war five.
Speaker 4: We will measure our success not only by the battles we win, but also by the wars we end, and perhaps most importantly, the wars we never get into. It go peace through strength.
Speaker 3: You look into the eyes of these young Americans who are giving up the best years of their lives in a uniform to.
Speaker 2: Serve their nation. They are incredible.
Speaker 4: Through our power and might, we will leave the world to peace. Our friends will respect us, our enemies will fear us, and the whole world will admire the unrivaled greatness of the United States military. We will replenish the pride of our armed forces and the recruitment crisis.
Speaker 3: We don't fight because we hate what's in front of us.
Speaker 2: We fight because we love less behind us.
Speaker 4: God bless you, God bless our enforce, You, God bless our men and women serving overseas, and God bless the United States.
Speaker 1: I've act.
Speaker 2: Much more likely to recruit a young man who doesn't know what he's doesn't know what his plans are for the future than the other approach without a doubt.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, by Miles and Miles and Miles. It wasn't Churchill, and it might have been Orwell who said something similar. But people sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. Not We'll take anybody and you can see interesting places. Right. It didn't work. It's terrible, it's stupid, it's woke.
Speaker 2: My thirteen year old's pretty hell bent on joining the military. But he's thirteen, and I know, you know, based on my story, can change your mind many times before you get to grown up age. But I highly encourage him. I think it's a great path. My brother, his uncle made a career out of it. My son, my thirteen year old, who is I've talked about this on the air a lot. He's he's been like a thirty year old his whole life. He always has been. And I'm not the only one who says that. Every doctor, therapy, teacher, everybody says he's like talking to a grown up. I know, I don't know why he's that way, but anyway, his thing is when I after twenty years, you retire with the pension, I'll only be thirty eight. I'll have my whole life out of me. That's not the way I looked at thirty eight when I was a kid. Thirty eight was you might as well be seventy eight, right, But that's his the way he looks at it. So whatever, Yeah, yeah, amazing, but that is true. You put in twenty years in the military and then get a decent sized check in healthcare the rest of your life. You're thirty eight freaking years old. You can do anything at that point.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you're a young man, you know. My final note is, and this is with all respect and admiration to folks who serve in our military. Whether he does that or not, we're called to serve our country. Some of them with a uniform on, some with not, some without that, some are not wearing one. Think about how you can think about what blows you can strike for truth justice in the American way.
Speaker 2: You should create an ad around that. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It has the time. Nice job Pete, Hegseth and company though, for putting that ad together. Pete. Pete is not a perfect guy, but by god, he's got that part of it right.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's it.