Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Colleen Wait and today we have very special guest, pop icon Diddy Jay is in the building.
Speaker 2: How are you hi, I'm fine, Thank you, and thank you for having me. I'm very excited. So this is I think this is my first cooking show in the States. I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: And you're from Serbia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm originally from Serbia.
Speaker 1: And her single right Now dropped it was I like it. It's number eighteen, Yeah, charts right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's number eighteen, and you're going to the top.
Speaker 1: We're going to the top. And that was within less than twenty four hours. Yeah, which is a really big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the song is great and the producer is amazing. I have a big.
Speaker 1: Support the producer on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no goes the kid in the song. He's a producer and Dallas Austin needs a distribution for the song.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, wow, big deal. All right, So tell me what you're it's a little smoky because I told her to turn on the so for no reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are doing pancakes today.
Speaker 1: We're doing pancakes, all right, go ahead. I haven't even so.
Speaker 2: It works out hungry too. Okay, So first we're gonna put some butter inside.
Speaker 1: So pancakes is such an easy meal. Yeah, surprisingly enough. I don't think we've had pancakes on the show.
Speaker 2: I usually I usually don't cook too much because I'm traveling and I'm like going to the restaurants or eating food. But some from time to time I can do. I know how to cook, but usually I don't have time. So I didn't cook honestly for a long time. So this is gonna be like.
Speaker 1: My it's gonna be a homecoming moment to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, so making pancakes.
Speaker 1: Yes, she has the instant pancake makes you just add water.
Speaker 2: It's very simple. Water, it's very simple. We're going to mix this together.
Speaker 1: So take me back to what was going I am I talking about what was going on in the time of pancakes. Yeah, pancakes.
Speaker 2: I always love to eat pancakes, you know, because when I was starting my career, I was so busy I didn't have time for lunch, and then I was saying, I'm just gonna make pancakes or I'm gonna order pancakes. I even love them with the fruit, with the blueberries or something like that, or with the maple syrup. So those are like one of my favorite foods to go, you know, Like when I'm so busy and tired and working, I just ordered yeah diet. When I was starting my career in the States, I was practicing music and dancing and how to sing and to perform on the stage, and I actually didn't have time to eat. I was so hungry. Yeah, it was very very when you.
Speaker 1: Practice your music in the States or eat. Serbia.
Speaker 2: I started actually my career in Serbia, and then I said to my self, oh my god, I want to go to the States and make my career there. Because since I was a young girl, I always loved Jaelo Madonna. And I was saying to my mom one day, I'm gonna be like Jelo. And she told me, like back in the day, you're never gonna make it. I mean not never, but it's very very hard. Because you're from Serbia. You would have to work like ten thousand times harder to achieve your dreams and goals, and like, don't be disappointed if you don't make it. And I said, okay, mom, just watch me. One day, I'm going to be a superstar in the States.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then that's why I started my career in Serbia. But I always wanted to be sorry in the US, and they knew it there. And I was telling to my friends, to my family that I'm going to make it one day. Yeah. And then I met Lady Kaga a few years ago and she told me. I told her my story and she told me, if you really want to make it, just fly to New York, do your music and start. And that's what I did. A few months after that, I moved to Atlanta, actually to one Wood Camp. We did music there. It was a writing camp. We did a few songs with a super great producers. We did a feature with Shaggy and that's how everything started.
Speaker 1: Awesome and then go ahead, yes in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna start making them soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you pour these fine. I think this is okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Should we start making them?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Start See I'm gonna use this man maybe two Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 1: I just don't laugh, please, I'm trying not to. Yeah, I'm having fun here, just.
Speaker 2: Like very very nice, very perfect.
Speaker 1: You got it? And then do another.
Speaker 2: One, got another one?
Speaker 1: There, you got it, Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, this is enough.
Speaker 1: That's morning enough. You got it.
Speaker 2: You got it. It's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no such thing as perfect pancakes. Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be so cool.
Speaker 1: I think I think all the guests are gonna go watching their pancakes.
Speaker 2: I'm doing the States really yeah, and I'm going to remember this moment forever.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I'm gonna remember it too. Yeah, I'm just messing with you. Let me cook, Let me cook. Once you see the bubbles, you not.
Speaker 2: Of Let's wait for a little right.
Speaker 1: So okay, so let's go back to Serbia. But when did you how? How? What were you doing in Serbia while you're pursuing the stream, Like, what was going on in Serbia?
Speaker 2: I started my career in Serbia. First, it was like ten years ago. I won a big music festival there and it recorded some songs in Serbia and videos and it's okay, it was like the best video ever made there. It was like a very very big video. And then then I said to myself, I'm not not happy here. I want to go to the States. I want to do my career there. I want to be like j Lo, like Madonna.
Speaker 1: So how are financing everything in Serbia?
Speaker 2: Okay? I have a a big company. I also have my beauty center. I do facials, body treatments, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah in Serbia.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're a successful entrepreneur in Serbia. And then you're like, hey, I don't have enough on my plate.
Speaker 2: Let me add I also work with many fashion brands. I promote brands. I'm also a fashion influencer. I go to old fashion weeks, for example Paris, New York, and I'm like friends with designers. So that's that's like how I work. Like, that's it. That is separate from my music career. Turn them.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okaycakes is like the go to ya.
Speaker 2: But they look good and and you see those bubbles.
Speaker 1: Take that black, flat looking yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and turn them turn okay, yeah, it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see.
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh it's good, it's good, it's going great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: D DJ pancakes, d DJ pancakes, all right, Okay, so these are thick pancakes, so this is all we need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're good, okay, So.
Speaker 1: Take me, So take me back to Serbia because a lot of us. We don't know what's going on in Serbia, what the what the lifestyle is over there, what they're embracing, because I wouldn't imagine Serbia to be that supportive of entrepreneur women. So can we start there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Serbia is a small but a beautiful country. I was born and raised there, and I really have my family there and great friends. But still when I went to the public and when I said that I want to make my career in the States, they wouldn't believe me. They said that I'm like only dreaming about that and I'm never gonna make it. So they weren't like very supportive that much about that. Okay, yeah, so because I'm the first Serbia making it ever.
Speaker 1: They don't have a top recording artist over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have, but only for the Serbian market. They never came to the States to do a career. So when I said I'm going to do it here, they said, oh my god, you're crazy. She's completely crazy, That's what I said. Yeah, so they didn't trust in me, I think.
Speaker 1: So you get out of when at what point did you know you wanted to pursue music from a very young age. So let's start. Let's take it all the way back to I was five. You were five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was five, and I said to myself, oh my god, I love music, I love fashion. That's my life. I'm gonna make it one day. And since I was young girl, I knew that something's going to happen with my career and that I'm going to work with the music.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then you get through high school. Are you doing? Am I talking about performing, performing arts and all of that.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't do too much. I was like practicing at home. I didn't go to a music school or something like that. I took classes like wocal coaching and you know those stuff, but I didn't like go into music school or something like that.
Speaker 1: So then after high school, what do you end up doing?
Speaker 2: I was going to the university in Serbia, and I was like already dreaming about my US career and how I'm going to make it. What should I do? Should I start doing music? And that's when I started.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so you start doing music? At what point does the how are you financing starting to do music? Because I would imagine it costs money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but my family helped me a lot okay, so, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: You come from a predominantly wealthy family or yeah.
Speaker 2: They're like wealthy family, like regular wealthy family, not like billionaires.
Speaker 1: Like middle class or wealthy.
Speaker 2: But in Serbia it's very wealthy.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did your parents do?
Speaker 2: Well, my parents. I'm actually married okay, yeah for ten years, so I live with my husband, you know, and we do everything together. Oh, my father passed away last year from cancer. Yeah, so that's a very tough story for me to talk about my parents right now.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, so you started your music career after you got married, no before before you start. Yeah, so your parents were helping you in the beginning of your career.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. At first they told me it's not easy. Just be careful, don't be disappointed because the music world is very hard today.
Speaker 1: Like it's fine, it's fine, you think it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said at first, like, you know, don't be disappointed, don't cry because you know music it's very it's a very hard job. And I said, trust me, believe me, I'm gonna make it. And then I made for a song. I went to a big pub festival there I won, and then they realized that I'm gonna make it, like really, So what.
Speaker 1: Was the first step to go into a recording studio recorders?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did record my first song, first music there in Serbia, and step by step I decided to go here, to come here to the States and start doing my music. I think that's the most important moment for me in my career.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you you record your first song, you enter a festival, and you win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I won the festival.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then what did you win when you want in the festival?
Speaker 2: I won a price? It was like some I got some money from that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, were you able to meet other people to make your Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah sure. I already was like popular because my cousin was a famous tennis player. She's also from Serbia, and that's how they connected us in the press. So yeah, they started writing writing articles about me. And then I went to a TV I mean, there is easy to go to a TV station or a radio station. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then how do you end up meeting with Lady Gaga?
Speaker 2: That was a few years ago in Vienna, actually in Austria. She was in a concert there and after a concert I had a chance to meet her for some people, and we were sitting together for almost an hour. I give her my piece of clothes from my clothing line. It was the dress and it was a T shirt with DDJ. I can remember what was right on it. And she she took the present from me and she said, if I'm gonna make it, if I really want to do this job, you know, and afrcan music, that I should like go to New York, move there and start working on my career. And I was thinking, oh my god, she's right, I'm going to do it. And a few months after that, I met a very nice person from Atlanta. She's a lawyer and she's also into music industry and she helped me a lot here. So that's how I started.
Speaker 1: So you moved to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't move completely. I was like traveling, VI didn't. Yeah, And we had like a few months there at the studio. We had a big house by the lake, and we like we were recording music there. And those are like my first songs that I did here for the US market. And I'm very happy when I'm talking about that, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so said it. So then when when do you cross paths with Dallas Austin.
Speaker 2: That was for my single, I like it because just released this yeah, a new one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you're recording in so you're you're recording in Atlanta, and then you meet Gaga. You meet Gaga, then you go to Atlanta the first I met.
Speaker 2: First, I met Lady Gaga, and then I went to Atlanta to record the music. And I was recording like all the time in the last few years, but I didn't like hit the Sharks. But this time I did like it. And together with the Cops, Kid the producer, and the Dallasaustine distribution, and we did it. Yeah, it's the Sharks. So like this is the first song which is like really really good, making like big steps.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, So okay, I'm pretty sure you can turn it off. Okay, yeah, turn it off. You got it, You got it, all right, I give you this, Yeah, go for it. Yeah, you're gonna give me the better look at one, So of course.
Speaker 2: I can do that for my friends. Yeah, and I'm going to get this one. Oh my god, I do a.
Speaker 1: Lot of sair. Look at your words. It's okay, it's okay, you know what, You're.
Speaker 2: Smart because I was talking to you all the time, and then it's.
Speaker 1: So hard, it's so hard to talk and cook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, right.
Speaker 1: Is perfect. It looks great. Yeah, you get to judge your own pancakes. Okay, so we try now, I'm gonna try it. Yes, I'm gonna wait for you. I'm gonna start cutting it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's try. Oh my god, I'm very excited. I will never forget this day.
Speaker 1: Your fans are going to be talking about it. And I like that you have the crisp bottom. All right, cheers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 1: You can't mess up.
Speaker 2: It's very good.
Speaker 1: It's very good. Right, are you proud of yourself? It's been a long time. Yeah, it's always goes if you have not you can like it if you have not cooked this in a very long time, and then you do a really great job cooking.
Speaker 2: It's very delicious.
Speaker 1: Kind of brings back memories, does Yeah. I can only imagine how tough it is to come from another country in come here as a states you know, as a woman that alone, a mom and a wife. Yeah, but I'm really trying to capture what it's like coming from another country trusting other people with your career. Yeah, Like, how does that decision making process go?
Speaker 2: It was really hard for me. At first, I thought like, am I gonna make it here or not? Like everyone they were like very nice to me and very kind here in the States, but I had to start from zero. Even I had some following from the Serbian, from the Balkans, from Europe. They said, I had some following before, like social media and everything, you know, but I had to start from zero here.
Speaker 1: But you have a massive following, yeah I have now. Yeah, how hard is it for you to get that massive following? Because even even us at eating while Broke struggle with following.
Speaker 2: It was very very hard when I started. I remember I was doing like everything for the picture. I was doing like pictures every day. Even i'm doing it like now still. But when I when I started doing my Instagram, it was so hard, you know. I was like thinking every day, oh my god, what I'm going to do so I can get more likes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was very hard and it is hard still.
Speaker 2: So I need to do like photo shows every day, to past every day, to talk to my fans, to answer on the comments when I have time. So I'm also doing TikTok videos, fashion videos and like dance videos.
Speaker 1: And then you're only in LA for like a couple more days. Yeah, you told me your schedule was crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was crazy. I was doing interviews all the time. Yesterday I went to a big red carpet. Then tomorrow I have my release party here in La. I'm so excited about that. We already did one in New York and one in Paris. It was amazing. Wow. Yeah, it's a lot, right.
Speaker 1: So okay, so you record? Did you record your whole album yet?
Speaker 2: Not yet? The whole album? We were doing it. I just did a few songs and we're gonna do probably a feature soon and more music is coming now.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me about your Eggy as alias?
Speaker 2: Yeahboration? That was great. We did a Marceillaga song and my manager said, should be called Iggy and ask her for a feature. And I said, oh my god, are you sure because she's a big star and I wasn't sure if she's gonna say yes or no. And in that period of a time, I was pregnant and she was pregnant, pregnant, and that was during COVID Yeah, yeah, yeah, COVID Yeah. And then I went to New York to the studio and she was recording in La and she was very supportive. So we didn't record at the same studio because of COVID, but we actually did it. We made the song and she was very supportive. She also, I think she put something on IX about me. She said, she wrote, Didja is an amazing person and I'm always gonna support her. She's so brave, working hard, and that's what she said.
Speaker 1: Now, what were the people around you saying, as a like, brand new mom with a baby in the belly and you're still trying to pursue music, what was everyone saying about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were saying that I'm very brave and they admired me actually, because you know, it's not easy to be pregnant, to be traveling, doing music, doing fashion, still doing my business beauty center. You know, it's hard. It's not easy.
Speaker 1: And how does your husband deal with all of it?
Speaker 2: He's amazing. He's very supportive. He likes my career, he likes everything that I do. So, yeah, we are great.
Speaker 1: And now who raises the baby when you're doing.
Speaker 2: All of this? I'm taking my daughter with me all the time. Oh, she's always, She's always with me, usually not only this time, because she's like she stayed with my mom Okay, yeah, because I'm traveling only for a few days, but she's always with me. She likes to travel, she likes fashion, she wants to be a model. She likes my songs, she can sing the songs. She likes Lady Gaga, she knows every song that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's only three three, she's four.
Speaker 2: She just starts for almost five in July. She's going to be four five this year. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you're really taking it on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I worked really hard and I'm very brave, you know, because I understand that I'm not I wasn't born here, so I need to work like much harder than any other artists from here. But I'm ready for it because music is my love, and music and passion and fashion art does my twol like passions. And yeah, I'm just gonna keep moving, pushing, working, and let's see where is that gonna take me.
Speaker 1: What would you say is the hardest aspect of your career?
Speaker 2: Oh, the hardest aspect is that Like transferring from Europe to the US. That was like really hard. But I'm so happy that the US fans they accept me the way I am and they're saying that I'm unique, that I'm different. They love my fashion, they love my music. So at first I must say that I was very scared if they can not love me here, so but I'm so happy.
Speaker 1: What kind of negative feedback have you gotten?
Speaker 2: Negative? Like? Of course I have haters like every artist.
Speaker 1: How do you deal with the men in the industry?
Speaker 2: How do you mean?
Speaker 1: I have the men been easy to work with for you or harder to work with for you?
Speaker 2: Well? Which was easy? Like I always choose the best team around me. I also love to work with the gay people. Oh yeah, first they're great, so like the biggest part of my team. They're gay, so I love them and they're very creative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where do you want to be after this? After this?
Speaker 2: I want to be in a Grammy.
Speaker 1: Do you want to win a Grammy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have like big dreams, like I told you. Yeah, i want to be the first Serbian ever meaning a Grammy. And I'm sure I'm going to make it together with my team. This is like the proof we have. I like it on the charts already, So I just need to keep working more myself.
Speaker 1: And now you stay in New York permanently now or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to stay in New York. Probably I'm going to move to La soon. I don't know yet. I'm just not thinking about that because I worked so hard and like music is my first first goal, you know, I'm working on that right now, and I'm just like thinking about the promo for my new song and everything around that.
Speaker 1: So that's the only thing that is your manager from Serbia?
Speaker 2: No, my manager is from La I don't have anything it's Serbia anymore. Like my team is from here from the States.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, you how are you accumulating your team though?
Speaker 2: I mean we are online all the time. I really have a big team.
Speaker 1: And like, how are we talk?
Speaker 2: We travel together? My manager travels with me. If we go to New York, we go. For example, we did I like it in Las Vegas. He came to Las Vegas and sinking, Like how do you meet them? Oh? Through my connections from my friends, you know, like I know many people here already, like I'm spending my time here for years.
Speaker 1: So oh wow, okay, okay, So what is your aspirations for New York? Well? I love New York.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing city. If you ask me which one I love more. New York or LA. I think LA is maybe more beautiful, but I have more connections and more friends in New York for now, Okay, but I maybe I would love to move to LA.
Speaker 1: To LA because of the weather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because of the weather. It's beautiful and it's fancies like just like me h.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are some things that your fans aren't aware of that they would be surprised to know about you?
Speaker 2: Maybe that I'm just a normal, normal, like a regular person. Even I have my fashion high fashion. I'm always in the high heels.
Speaker 1: Like see it's really cute.
Speaker 2: I the very high heels all the time, and I'm like glamorous. I have like big following photo shoots and everything like, but personally, I'm a very emotional person. M h. And I'm like, I'm normal, even if I'm already famous. I'm just a normal person.
Speaker 1: That's like that's me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're a Serbia artist, Yeah, coming all the way from Serbia.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, and I've been through a lot, You've been there a lot to.
Speaker 1: Get here, So let's start unpacking just from Cyber Serbia. Let's go back to you winning the contest. Yeah, and then take me through that step by step I'm here for you. I want to hear it all.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what happened? So I won the festival in Serbia. It was a pup big pop festival, and that's how everything started. I was recording my music there and did a few music videos. I've been on a tiv I've been everywhere. But I wasn't happy. I wasn't happy because I always wanted to have my career in the States. I know it was very hard to get here, but I said, I'm never gonna give up. I'm gonna fight, I'm gonna do I'm going to do anything I can just to be here and to be successful.
Speaker 1: What about the United States looked so appealing to you compared to Serbia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's very different because here people are very supportive. I cannot say that for Serbia because anything I do, they're they're not like too much supportive. They're saying that I'm crazy, that I think that I'm going to make it here, or that I'm just dreaming about it, so they couldn't believe that I'm going to really make it here.
Speaker 1: Are there a lot of recording artists in Serbia?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There are, Yeah, of course, but they're just from Serbia. They're staying there and they're like doing everything for the Serbian market. But me, I wanted to go to the US to record music here, you know, to be popular, to be on the Sharks. And I know it was like very hard for me. I was, I was struggling. I was crying sometimes because I was refused many times, like they said that I should start from zero. Sometimes I didn't get like to go to a TV show to do a TV interview. They said, they said, it's not time yet. You need to work hard. You need to like work more to be present here. And it took years for me to be here now with you and to have a I like it on the charts.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so you you were hearing all this like pushback and then you're like, well, I'm gonna still keep trying.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then was Lady Gaga like a pivotal moment in your career, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was. I had that advice from her, like and from a mom my. Mum also told me that I should like keep going, like don't never give up. Like, and I'm the person I'm like very emotional even when I cry. When I said, I'm like very like I'm struggling. Then the other day I say, oh my god, I'm gonna I'm gonna stand up, wake up, I'm gonna go and I'm gonna make it. So that's the way like how I do usually, And I said, I'm gonna make it here. Whatever I need to do, I'm gonna do it and I won't stop. And that's what I did. I came here and i'm here.
Speaker 1: With you're dominating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, dominating, and I will This is only the beginning.
Speaker 1: Well, number eighteen with the massive following is yeah, pretty dominating.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That's like a super like when when we're behind the camera we're talking about booking talent, where's like, okay, let's review the talent, and you're like, oh, this person has a three billion plus following. They're charting at number eighteen. You're like, wait, this is something going on.
Speaker 2: And also I think before I didn't have the right team around me here in the States. They were like promising everything and lying to me. I mussay, and I didn't get like what I deserve and I only needed one chance. So I think I got this chance with the go Ski the producer, and that was shausting and I'm so happy about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, now what did that whole coming together with those two look like?
Speaker 2: Well, Ghost is amazing producer. Actually he was the one who called me first and also said yeah. I was so excited when I got his text, Oh my god, is this serious? Is he fake or is he real? And I answered, and he said, let's do music together. I already started making his song for you. I said, oh my god, are you serious? Are you really gonna work with me? And he said, yeah, let's go. Let's come to the studio to Vegas. And then I flew to beya. I flew to Vegas to meet him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you fly with the baby or.
Speaker 2: No? Baby stayed? Baby said yeah, yeah, of course a few days. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah she stayed. And then I came to the studio together with him. We did like in a few days, the song we did together at the studio. We even didn't have the lyrics before it. I was coming into the studio to do I Like it, which is like on the charts, and we didn't have anything. We came to the studio and he said, start singing this, start singing that. Like we changed like for a million times.
Speaker 1: The lyrics and in the end when we said did you write on it too?
Speaker 2: Or no? Yeah, how a little? But Ghost was the one who did everything. Yeah, he's like he's amazing, so talented. And then we we did like it and we were like jumping from the chairs. I can remember when that happened, like we were so excited.
Speaker 1: So who was the first person you played it for?
Speaker 2: I played it to my manager because he was there, and I said, Joy, please come here, you must hear this. The song is amazing. Yeah, and he was very excited too.
Speaker 1: Okay. And then so now once you get the song, what does that roll out and push out? Look like?
Speaker 2: Well, we needed a distribution company and said that Dallas Osin would love to help, so we we signed a contract with him.
Speaker 1: Okay yeah. And with the distribution, what do they do? Do they market and how does that work?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think that that's separate. Distribution is something different. And then there is marketing plus that my team is doing.
Speaker 1: So you're on the marketing yeah okay, yeah, and then he's doing the distribution.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is for like digital downloads.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Spotify, iTunes, platforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you have to take on all the marketing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, that has to be a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We are also doing we are still doing the promo and promoting the song because it came out in February, right, we still need to do social media promo. I'm just trying to promote. I just like did my new choreography for the song. I'm trying like to dance with those moves like on TikTok and Instagram, and I'm just working hard like every day.
Speaker 1: Now, have you started performing the song yet?
Speaker 2: Not yet? Not yet, Yeah, but I will, I will. I'm having my release party tomorrow evening, so maybe you from there. Yeah, you have to perform at the Sparty party. It's at nine pm, nine pm, Yeah in La Yeah, in La where yeah? Abby?
Speaker 1: Abby?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Abby? Yeah, that's Holly.
Speaker 1: So that's why you're doing a lot of press right now. Yeah, and then and then after La you're going back to New York. Does your New York run look.
Speaker 2: Like I'm also doing press there, team interviews, radio interviews, podcasts like photo shoots.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you planning to release another follow up single?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, I need like something like a spring single, like something from the spring summer. So we have we have two songs already, so I'm thinking which want to release first? But first let's let's do let's work on I like it more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I like it.
Speaker 2: It's more promo yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, And then what else can people be looking forward to?
Speaker 2: To my social media, to my platforms. I'm on Instagram, d DJ official or some TikTok the same name, d DJ official, the id i J Official, then Spotify, like I'm on all platforms, yeah, all of them.
Speaker 1: And then how would you describe your music to fans that don't already know how to keep up with DDJ?
Speaker 2: My music is pop up dance, like fashionable because I put fashion into everything special you need? Can they must hear it first so they can decide, like what they want to hear from me, Like, but I think I'm unique and different. That's right, hard, that's right, thank you. Yeah, that's very important for me. And I'm so happy that I'm having already founds from the US. They love me, They're very supportive. I'm so happy about that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you're scared.
Speaker 2: I was scared if they're gonna like me or not? You know, I must say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I think yeah, if you're gonna put something out. You're constantly looking at the fans what they're saying. Guys gotta be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their opinion and their support is everything to yea.
Speaker 1: And when you get a bad comment, what do you do? Do you ignore that stuff?
Speaker 2: I ignore it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Usually I ignore it for some strange reason.
Speaker 1: When I see a bad comment, I don't know, A sick part of me likes it.
Speaker 2: You want to answer, I have fun with it.
Speaker 1: I have fun with it. I've had people call me like, why is this old person wearing hats? I've had people. I've had so many people make jokes. But first, like I'll see a million good comments and i'll see one bad and I'll just think about the bad. Yeah, but more in a like a humorous way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are always people who's going to love you or don't you know that's like normal? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Pretty music show be yeah yeah yeah no, we get it here all the time at eating Well Broke. Yeah, I'll tell you this. You make a good pancake like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: You're going to see me finish the pancakes and I'll.
Speaker 2: Give your mind too.
Speaker 1: Did you like Wars?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it. Yeah, yeah, sure here making sure.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, thank you for having a crazy schedule.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm excited with us a little bit about Serbia. Yeah, culture us Serbia, I would love you. If you have anybody, I'll go. I won't even think twice about it.
Speaker 2: You must be my guys there and try Serbian food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm down. I just I just sometimes I think when I see people from other countries, I just wonder, like, because people look at the US like US is great, and I'm always like, do we pretend like we're great? Are we really? Is America really that great?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It is? It is the favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Serbia and your second home. Okay, okay, but you would never leave Serbia entirely.
Speaker 2: Yeah no not yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm gonna move here, but still I have my family there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and yeah I can only imagine. All right. Well, thank you guys for tuning into another episode of Eating Well Broke Again. I'm your host Coley Went and today we have special guests d d J in the building. Check out her single right now, I like it popping really high in the charts. You can look her up on Instagram. D I d i J official of course official on Instagram and all other tiktoks and all that yeady yady YadA stuff.
Speaker 2: He said so much