Speaker 1: All right, it's Tuesday, which means two things. We've got awkward Tuesday phone call today it's a brand new one, and we've got a brand new live video up of one of our second dates today, and.
Speaker 2: It's taco Tuesday. That's three things.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I wasn't going to put that in there because it's not really our thing, but yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, but I do like to promote it as well. Go eat tacos, then go to Brook and Jeffery YouTube. Make sure you subscribe this stick around for this brand new episode, right yeah?
Speaker 4: Do we want to get in comments right now? Gotta say. Elijah Waina said on one of our second dates, I won't listen to this one. I will wait for the video version to come out first.
Speaker 2: You know what, some people may want to see it.
Speaker 4: Waited weeks and now one is up for you. So I hope it's the one you were hoping for. I hope. So toot back next week. Wait a minute, yeah, all right, your brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 5: Hands in the room. Who here has been held for ransom?
Speaker 6: Not me?
Speaker 2: What? How about kidnapped?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, you're holding your hand up. Does that count?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I think he just wants us to put off.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was by choice, that's not kidnapping, going with someone.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I paid, I paid for it.
Speaker 4: You didn't know what it was happening.
Speaker 2: I know what's happening with the henchmen.
Speaker 5: Honestly, weren't quite what I was hoping to get, so I did ask for a partial refund.
Speaker 4: Too soft of hair.
Speaker 5: Yes, But the reason I bring it up is because we're dealing with a less serious emergency experience involving one of our listeners who says he is stuck in a foreign country and the only person who can help him won't answer her phone, and even worse, it's his girlfriend, yike.
Speaker 2: So we're going to.
Speaker 5: Try to step in and help in a special international version of the awkward Tuesday phone call right after this It's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: We got an emergency email this morning from the Great White Noise, and it wasn't you.
Speaker 2: Explain that for people that don't know.
Speaker 5: It's not a Game of Thrones reference. No, it's from Canada. And the thing is it wasn't from an actual Canadian. It's an American named Corey who says.
Speaker 4: He's stuck in Canada.
Speaker 2: I really don't know a lot of the details here.
Speaker 5: So Corey, from here on out, Brooke is going to be your official hostage negotiators.
Speaker 2: So Brooke, go for it.
Speaker 1: I mean I maybe just stay yeah it, Corey, Welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 6: Thanks, you believe me. I'm considering just staying up here, but I would like some help before.
Speaker 2: I do that.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Well, what's going on? What made you email the show for help? You said that you're in a kind of a desperate situation.
Speaker 2: Should you be talking to the US embassy again?
Speaker 6: Not yet? Not yet, Coach. I have a long distance girlfriend. Her name of Stage.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 6: I have a girlfriend who lives in Canada. But she's real. I swear.
Speaker 4: When you say she's real ized where you've touched her skin before.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's a weird way to phrase it's.
Speaker 4: But you can't say I've seen someone because you don't know.
Speaker 6: I have seen her in the flesh. She recently just stayed with me for a month. Okay, it's totally real. It was very recently. She came to visit with me.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry, tell me her name again.
Speaker 6: Sorry, her name is Sage.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're gonna have to say it seven more times throughout the course of this call.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: I canmell her now because her name, she's got.
Speaker 2: A word association.
Speaker 5: So you said recently, Sage stayed with you for a month.
Speaker 6: She stayed with me for a month. It was really nice. We went out to restaurants, we saw some sporting events, and like it was like we were regular dating. It was really nice.
Speaker 2: Did you do some of that skin touching that Brooke was talking about? Wow?
Speaker 4: Wow, important that you got to get a lot of that in because you're going to be not ye.
Speaker 6: Then yeah, I had had to make up her lost time.
Speaker 2: Okay, good for you, but I missed her.
Speaker 6: But you've went back home. So I decided that I wanted to surprise her, and I booked a flight the next day to her hometown.
Speaker 1: The next day, like the day she left, and the next day you booked a surprise flight to see her.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 7: Right, She's not gonna expect you to boom be right there.
Speaker 4: Maybe she needed a break after a whole month.
Speaker 2: Some people would call you clingy, but not us. Do you think it's romantic?
Speaker 6: I appreciate your support.
Speaker 2: Guys, okay, well it's a nice gesture. So you flew to Canada.
Speaker 6: I flew to Canada and I go to her apartment and there's no answer. She's not home.
Speaker 1: Oh well, she's not expecting you didn't tell her, right, So it's fine.
Speaker 6: I hang around for a few hours and she never came back. So eventually I just went to a coffee shop and wait, did you not like.
Speaker 4: Call her during this time? And just ran in and be like, hey, what you doing?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, well eventually I did, right, So, like after a while, I texted her and I said, hey, what are you up to? Like, I didn't say that I was in Canada.
Speaker 5: She could be like, I'm out with a friend, and you're like, oh that's why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm on a weekend get away with my mom.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, sure sure. But she didn't even answer, didn't text me back.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, well but it's Canada. There's a lot of spotty cell service.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so she's not answering your texts.
Speaker 6: She's not. And then I tried calling. She's also not picking up the phone. So I went back to her place and I saw a light on in the window, and I ring the doorbell and then the light went off.
Speaker 2: Oh, she didn't pay her electric bill.
Speaker 5: The day is this?
Speaker 1: And is this an apartment where you can walk straight up to her door? Or are you buzzing in at the front?
Speaker 2: Oh, like at the gate or at.
Speaker 5: The These are the important details that we were Like, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 4: I think it's important because I want to know if she can see that you're out there, Like did she see you and then flip the light off? Oh, because if I don't use it my door, I'm shut off my lights and pretending.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, that's what I'm wondering, is if she saw me like on a on a ring cam or like a camera I didn't see her something like, I'm wondering if she's avoiding me, Like, I just don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: So you're still there.
Speaker 2: I'm still here outside her apartment right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well I'm not outside, No I'm not, but like I'm here, I'm in Canada and it's getting to the point where I just need to like get a hold of her and find out what's going on.
Speaker 4: How many times have you tried to call her?
Speaker 6: Like I've tried to call her three or four times? And that never happens, like it never happens that she just doesn't answer. We always answer each other or that quick text like I'm busy, I'll call.
Speaker 2: You in a little bit.
Speaker 4: You are so calm.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know she didn't know that you were coming in, but if I was in your position, I would be mad, dude.
Speaker 2: And you you us have so many thoughts going through.
Speaker 4: Your head, like like mad and sad and what are you feeling?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm more confused right now, and I just now want to know what is happening.
Speaker 5: Clearly something is up because she's acting or not even acting at all, not even responding to you.
Speaker 2: I'm finally home in my own bed sleep.
Speaker 4: You know, when you're on vacation for a while and you finally get back to your.
Speaker 2: Own bed, you go into like hibernation mode for two years.
Speaker 1: I'm just crossing my fingers for an automatic light timers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well, whatever it is, we need to figure out a way to get you some answers or you'll be stuck in Canada for no reason.
Speaker 2: You're Canadian.
Speaker 4: I think he can go home.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Oh okay, I've heard it's like a prison, but.
Speaker 5: I don't know negotiation anyway, we need to think of some advice to give you if we can get your girlfriend to answer the phone so you can figure out what is going on with your long distance boo when we come back and do your awkward Tuesday phone call in Canada right after this, hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward. Used a phone call.
Speaker 5: We've got Corey on the phone who is making a long distance call from Canada as we speak.
Speaker 2: So let's make sure we dragged this out as long as possible.
Speaker 1: Cell phone bill, I think it's usually free between when you travel back and forth.
Speaker 2: Is that what your cell phone company told you?
Speaker 1: It is no good, You're good, You should be fine.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see. This is what we know. Corey is an American.
Speaker 5: His long distance Canadian girlfriend, Sage, stayed with him for a month recently, and they had such a great time that the day after she went home, Corey hopped on a plane to go surprise her in her hometown. Yes, so he's there right now, been to her place several times.
Speaker 2: She's not answering the.
Speaker 4: Door, but she is turning the light off.
Speaker 5: On and then off as soon as the doorbell rings, so that's a little suspicious. And now she won't even pick up his calls or his text so something is definitely up.
Speaker 2: And we never really discussed this in the first part.
Speaker 5: But how many of us, in the back of their minds thought she could be cheating where she has a Canadian boyfriend and Corey is her hot young American side piece below the border.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 7: But I project from the thousands and thousands of second dates I've heard.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's definitely got something that up.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, I might need a break from him after a month.
Speaker 4: Like we said, I mean area codes, why not country codes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, different bros and country codes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you guys are making me worried. I'm getting really nervous.
Speaker 4: How are you not already jumping?
Speaker 6: Well I am. Look, I'm already nervous. But I don't know. I guess I just never considered that she might have another guy.
Speaker 5: Well, we don't want to put you like not at ease here. We want to help you. So we need to give you some advice. Brooke, what do you think he needs to keep in mind?
Speaker 1: Well, everything we just brought up I want you to ignore, Like, yeah, maybe a lot of the signs are pointing that way right now, but those are all assumptions. And when we get her on the phone, you need to go from the very beginning that feeling of excitement and joy to see her.
Speaker 4: Right, this is a fun surprise.
Speaker 6: Yes, hey, yeah, well, I mean that's what it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And if you come in all accusatory, like who are you, why aren't you doing this? And why don't you pick up on my phone, You're gonna come off as a crazy stalker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Even if you hear Drake in the background of the phone.
Speaker 5: Call when she answers, you need to pretend like nothing weird has happened.
Speaker 2: Did recently drop an album? He could be around something and I heard he likes it with the lights off, so not to say.
Speaker 5: It'd be so Drake got candles everywhere anyway. I don't know if any of this advice is actually helpful to you, Corey, but it's the best that we got.
Speaker 6: Well, it's good to stay positive and remember that everything's not necessarily a disaster.
Speaker 2: That's thinking like a true Canadian. Well done, right there, Okay, no matter.
Speaker 4: What happens, she'll apologize for it. Yeah right, see what they do on that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna start dialing her number and we'll step away and let you make your awkward call.
Speaker 2: Good luck. Oh yes, dialing international, this is weird. Okay, just give me a second. Here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello, oh baby, Oh my god, you answered the phone. Thank God, it's me. Hi, Hi, it's me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I mean are you are? Are you okay? I mean I've been calling you and texting you and you haven't been answering, So I just Hi, What's what's going on?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I've seen your calls and your messages. I've just been taking some time to myself after my trips down to you and stuff.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't I just missed you. And well, I mean look, I guess I gotta I guess I gotta come clean. Uh so, babe, I after you spent your month with me, I loved every minute of it, and so I wanted to surprise you, and I I came to Canada. I'm here right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I know.
Speaker 6: Oh you you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw you on my ring camera.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I mean what's going on? I mean, is there like another guy? Like my friends told me? Just to be optimistic and positive because I thought our time was so great together.
Speaker 3: No, I mean it was great and there's no other guy. I really did enjoy our months together. But I think he needs to go back to the States.
Speaker 6: Well what why do I need to go back to the States.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: On the plane ride back home for me, I wrote you a letter and I mailed it once I landed and it should be driving to you hopefully soon. And I just need you to go back to the States and read the letter and then you can come back to Canada if you want. But it's really important that you read the letter first.
Speaker 6: Uh, trying trying to dig, trying to stay optimistic, but I mean that sounds like a some a lot like a breakup letter.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just it's important for you to just go back to the States and read the letter before anything else.
Speaker 6: Well what why, Because Corey, we're from two different countries literally.
Speaker 3: And it's just I saw how much you loved your hometown, all the home things that you have to offer, and I love Canada. I'm not going to leave my home and I know you're not going to leave your home. So just go back home, read the letter, Understand what's in the letter.
Speaker 6: Okay, well let me propose something because I'm kind of pulling a John Cusack under your window right now. So can you maybe like just tell me what's in the letter and we can have that whole conversation. Quicker, what you're.
Speaker 4: At your apartment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the John Cusack reference wasn't very strong. Yeah, you got to explain that a little bit.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I mean I walked back over.
Speaker 3: I'm just corri wait wait, wait, wait, Corey, what's going on.
Speaker 2: I think she's hearing us, Corey. Oh yeah, she can hear us.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry. I didn't know what to do, and you weren't answering. So it's like a radio show and people they call people and then people answer and call.
Speaker 7: It in the morning, good morning, Hi, Hi, Hey, Sorry, this is awkward.
Speaker 6: I just didn't know what to do, babe, And like I really care about you, and I mean I I know we'd like talked about like moving to the US, and I mean, what's wrong with us? Like I thought we had a great time, Like we we went to sporting events, went to the cheesecake I took you to Applebee's, babe, you showed it all our secrets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I dare you to find one bad thing about the United States of America.
Speaker 4: That's where his mistake was.
Speaker 5: Okay, sorry, we're I know we're joking around, especially.
Speaker 4: Because Canada has most of those changes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Corey obviously feels very strongly about you.
Speaker 2: He's there right now.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I said to him, he's a great guy. We had a great time. But everything that I need to say is in the letter. I'm not gonna air everything out with the radio station. Like this is just bonkers, Like is this what you Americans do? Like? I just I like can't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do like kind of weird stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't like privacy.
Speaker 2: And also letters are not really our thing.
Speaker 4: So no, but that's nice.
Speaker 1: I mean, at least she's like thinking about it now instead of a year into this or two years into this where suddenly you realize she won't move.
Speaker 6: Look, babe, you're you're so important to me. What what if we flip the difference. Let's hang out in Mexico.
Speaker 4: I like it. I mean, say, do you have a lot better tan there?
Speaker 5: I've always thought right in the middle of United States and Canada was Mexico the gap, remember geography, not American strong suits.
Speaker 3: You know, guys, I really appreciate you trying for Corey and I to get back together or whatever by honestly, like I've already said too much that I've wanted to say already. It's in the letter. That's all I'm gonna say. He needs to go back to the States and just leave me in Canada.
Speaker 2: This letter, Yeah, I want to read it.
Speaker 4: I think it's just gonna be sad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think you want to Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to reading this letter. I gotta be honest, except your face.
Speaker 4: Just maybe before the letter, go get some ice cream.
Speaker 2: Put on some drake.
Speaker 6: Yeah I would. I would normally go to a cheesecake factory, but that's kind of ruined.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: One girl did it for you?
Speaker 1: Dang?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, Sage, I mean we appreciate you answering and opening up to us and being honest.
Speaker 4: Gotta respect that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a classic Canadian many super friendly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, direct to the point.
Speaker 2: Want to kidding know, I kind of want to date stage now. Hey, I'm getting I'm getting for.
Speaker 5: You and Jeffrey in the morning, is it just me or did you get the vibe that the intimacy wasn't great between them?
Speaker 2: Oh the phone. It is weird that she stayed.
Speaker 5: With him for a month and then immediately after she's like, I gotta dump this.
Speaker 4: SUFF think that it could be the other way around.
Speaker 1: It could have been so good that she's like, this is amazing, but I can't move for this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, be honest, he sounded like a me first type of guy, or it's like I'll get to you after I got mine.
Speaker 2: No, talking about this was not part of the Probably are you kidding?
Speaker 5: You told me that outside the studio you said, you said, he sounds selfish in bed, don't you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I hate when you do this.
Speaker 5: You set me up, you tell me things off the air, and then act like you didn't.
Speaker 2: I did not, you said. I bet she's never even went once.
Speaker 4: I never even thought that. He never even thought of.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just need to read the letter. I'm sure it's all that.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's a diagram in the letter of what he could have done better.
Speaker 5: I do feel bad about how that played out though, that that was tragic to hear, but it does.
Speaker 2: Sound like it's probably the best for both of the moving forward and.
Speaker 4: A guy when he's down.
Speaker 2: Jack, I'm just saying you said.
Speaker 5: But anyway, if you ever need help in your personal life, awkward or not, reach out to the show. We can help you. You can find all of our content. We're up online wherever you get your podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.