Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody Scott Patterson, I amill and podcast one of them productions. iHeart Media, iHeart Podcast, I Heeart Radio And Ladies and gentlemen, this is a momentous occasion because Miss Daniel Romo has returned from delivering healthy and growing and beautiful and cute, and I've seen pictures and it's just the most amazing thing. Welcome.
Speaker 3: I love him. Thank you. I missed you guys so much. I really really did.
Speaker 1: Miss and we missed you too.
Speaker 2: Everyone listening not do not fret. Susanne is still here.
Speaker 3: You were holding down the queen for it when I was gone. I really appreciated it.
Speaker 4: I will turn it back over to you.
Speaker 3: No, you can keep it.
Speaker 2: Did either of you get called queen on last week when we had the live event? Did either of you get queen recognition?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I don't think anyone knew who I was.
Speaker 2: Yes, they do.
Speaker 1: You know what, I didn't introduce you guys, and I was couldn't sleep that night. I was too, But it's like I should have brought you all on stage.
Speaker 3: We are really okay.
Speaker 2: No, I going to be on stage plenty during rehearsal, and I'm terrified of that video footage because I did not work my angles too well.
Speaker 5: Well, you guys got to hide.
Speaker 6: I was put it check in and so everyone kept doing a double take and they're like are you and I'm like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yell, and I got a little bit recognized.
Speaker 1: We took.
Speaker 2: There was people that came all the way from Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Germany, Germany. I gave them pie ye.
Speaker 3: From what the family from Wisconsin. It was the mom and two daughters and one of the one of the girls and I'm so sorry I forgot your name, but she had a baby the same time I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, like literally at the same time. So the one that caused me the double take was there was a god a couple and the guy was dressed like you like Luke because he was tall and he had the outfit pretty solid. A couple of times I was like really.
Speaker 3: Like, I will say, everyone that came to that event showed up like they were like there with their flannel and they were their merge and they were just vibing and having a great time.
Speaker 1: His daughter, by the way, the Luke guy who looked so luky. His daughter was like he was like six three six four. His daughter was six feet tall. She was tall and gorgeous, and she made the dress. She made the dress. I saw that that she was wearing, and it honored Gilmore because one part of it was elegant and ritzy like Emily and Richard. The other was like there was some denim for laurl That was his daughter. That was his daughter.
Speaker 2: I feel bad saying there was a couple, sorry, because I saw her from a distant no way. That is so cute.
Speaker 1: She made this beautiful dress. She makes dresses, and he was so proud of her and so proud of they were. Those people were great. They were so happy to be there with the meat and greet. That was so much fun because they were so happy. There was a lot of.
Speaker 2: Cool like dads gave it to their daughter or I know a husband that surprised his wife for her birthday with the tickets.
Speaker 1: Right, it's so cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, god'scott is Luke's mug. A couple of people actually were like Danielle, I get.
Speaker 1: That mug let's clink musk.
Speaker 2: Here's Warner brothers did do a really good job, so for everybody listening if you do want to watch. We have all the behind this, a lot of the behind the scenes that will be on the stream in a couple of days, right like on the twenty fifth, So yes, Thursday, So Warner Brothers set up an entire boutique. Did you see the pink pea coat.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Yes.
Speaker 4: That was able and it had like an embroidered dragonfly on the sleeve.
Speaker 2: So it was literally a recreation of the coat that Loralai wears in the show. Oh my god, that was I bet that was expensive, but I stock a couple of people buy it.
Speaker 1: That Look, did you did you see the coffee bags? Did you say the red coffee?
Speaker 2: Tell everybody listening what's happening with the coffee because people listening weren't there, so they don't know.
Speaker 1: So people listening who weren't there. Warner Brothers and I and Warner Brothers Studio Tours, Hollywood and I are co branding, collaborating on three blends of coffee for you, the best fans on the planet, the most patient, the most loyal fans on the planet. We've got a light roast, it's a Star's Hollow blend and I believe that that is a signature blend. It's hazel nut.
Speaker 2: Have you tasted all these coffees I have.
Speaker 1: All amped up. There's also a dragonfly in talk Fast Blend. It's two x caffeine. It's double the effeine.
Speaker 2: Like this one that's actually really good.
Speaker 1: This one's super cool. Look at that. They've got the work on the back and the Scottie peas and the Warner Brothers logos.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so cool. You know what's so What would be really fun is it's like somebody has a Gilmore Girls party and then they serve all the coffees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, yes, that's pretty cool. The pas, the resist stalls banks looks diner blend, medium roast. Look at the artwork. So cute?
Speaker 2: Wait, that's so cute. Can people buy it online at the Warner Brothers store online? He asked James PETTITTT.
Speaker 1: I am hearing rumors, and I'm not prepared to make an announcement. Okay, I know it's exclusively sold at the studio. Yeah, okay, right now you can get it. I mean they've got like, you know, thousands.
Speaker 5: It's so funny.
Speaker 6: Yesterday I opened my Instagram and The first city that popped up was the video, and I'm like, is that Scott like I did?
Speaker 5: It doesn't because I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know it's a commercial.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I texted in the group Amy if you want to go look, but yeah, there's like a promo and it's Scott like on the studio tour.
Speaker 1: You haven't seen it, Amy, you haven't seen I've seen the video of you singing with everybody on the no no, no, no no no. The commercial that day when I surprised, Yeah, we made a commercial. Oh my god, they're so brilliant over there. They had a camera, man, they had sound. It took like an hour. That's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: We made a commercial. Somebody bring it up and Amy.
Speaker 5: I'll put in the text again.
Speaker 2: I saw that. Yeah, you can put it on the screen. I don't know if we know how to do that, but they can.
Speaker 1: Like show it right now. They added like superhero like movie magically.
Speaker 2: That's so rad. I did see the video of you that had like a million views, million.
Speaker 1: One point six million sing the.
Speaker 2: Theme song with everybody at the two at the Warner Brothers studio tour.
Speaker 1: You've got to see this thing. You got to see the commercial. So anyway, so I write this commercial because I want to film a commercial over there when I'm going over there that day that I'm surprising fans and we're doing all that stuff. So they like, they come back and they go, yes, love it. So they just tweak it here and there a little bit, but not much, and they made it like a lot better.
Speaker 2: Right, it's very professional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they did a great job. They did such a good They're so easy to work with, they're so easy, they're so happy about this and they're so easy to collaborate with.
Speaker 2: And we're easy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's calm down, calm.
Speaker 2: Down, we're good times. Wait, so we will say, look, we have so we had so much to talk about today and we really did want to do welcome Danielle back and have her share with everybody sort of the three months that she missed. So for everyone waiting, going why are they not recapping the episode? Next week we'll be back to normal. But today we did want to tell you all about everything going on and go more world in our world and let Danielle give her thoughts. So I digres Scott, keep going. I do want to talk a little bit about everything happen backstage.
Speaker 1: Oh that's where the fun was.
Speaker 2: Loing Sebastian and Sally on the couch in the green room, singing television theme songs, like literally just singing mister ed random television.
Speaker 3: Being girl like. Sebastian stole my heart honestly, like he is has power on. Oh my god, you can't help but smile around him.
Speaker 1: He's a big, fun kid, part labrador, part jumping around six foot four to twenty kind of guy who's harmless and fun and stories. Yeah, he's awesome.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when he came in the green room what he said?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I remember so right when he.
Speaker 3: Got there to you podcast lady.
Speaker 2: He goes, wait, you're on the podcast lady, And I was like, yeah, like so so nice.
Speaker 1: He is rock and roll.
Speaker 2: So I mean, first of all, the Vanessa is amazing. Obviously I've known Vanessa. I've known Laura, her sister, for one hundred years, so like seeing Vanessa is just like she's just the coolest. Sally is so iconic and amazing, Like you, I'm just chatting her up like she's my old friend, but simultaneously being like, oh my god, you're like a full icon and then I did ask her if more people stop her for all in the family now or Gilmore Girls, and like Gilmore Girls is neck and neck with all in the family. She said it kind of depends on their age. But she's like, she said, there's been people she sees and the adult or the parent or the grandparent is like creaking out about all in the family, and then the the younger person is like, that's the bed.
Speaker 1: That's That's like Sebastian's answer, it's like, do you get when do you get recognized more for Gilmore Girls or skid Row? He goes, well, if I'm at the mall, oh my god, that was good. And if I'm at like a rock club or hanging out, you know, then it's like, yo, dude, skid row wrong.
Speaker 2: Wait yeah, for people, for people that are going to watch the stream, wait until you hear the story, Satly, don't tell it now. It's too good that Sally tells about Sebastian, like I actually was like.
Speaker 5: And then and then he walked into the room.
Speaker 2: He's like, Sally, what did you tell? Tell that story.
Speaker 1: For exactly exactly good?
Speaker 2: You guys, it was even.
Speaker 1: I want to know so much more about that story though. It's like he told like.
Speaker 3: Half, I don't think that Bet would be able to tell you.
Speaker 2: I love it. There was a couple of times where people people were like, I gotta go get Gill and I go, can you maybe call him Sebastian. It's going to be awkward. I do think we owe super sincere apologies though to Keko because when it started snowing.
Speaker 1: Oh, she got hit in the mouth. I don't know what happened with the snow.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know what happened rehearsal.
Speaker 1: No, No, what what happened was it nailed both Vanessa and Keko. Everybody else in between didn't get nailed with the snow.
Speaker 2: You came back and didn't have one dot of snow.
Speaker 1: On No, because Gus, I'm a schmock man. I mean Keko looked up because she didn't know what it was. She didn't know that there was going to be snow. She was completely surprised, and she's sitting on the end and she looks up with her mouth open. My gosh, the mouthful, Oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh. Yes, literally, we go her an apology and pay for her dry cleaning because she was smothered in snope it's snow.
Speaker 6: Someone told me that the way that air conditioning was hitting it like it was supposed to go into the crowd, like over you guys, into the crowd, and it just went down.
Speaker 2: In rehearsal it went out, which is when it happen, but because when they turned the AC on, because all the people were in there, it like went just down. Poor thing. And she had the cutest outfit on I've ever seen. First of all, I'm sorry, but she looks age.
Speaker 1: No, no, she's it's weird, exactly the same.
Speaker 2: It's weird, if not better. Sally and Keiko look younger, it's actually crazy.
Speaker 4: And Vanessa too, like she did not look like Gilmore. Girls was twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: No is.
Speaker 2: Only go twenty four. I know we've been doing the show for so long that our twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: It's almost quarter century. It's almost twenty fifth in her first.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, but she didn't come on until season six.
Speaker 1: You imagine what one is.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen for the twenty fifth that's.
Speaker 1: Gonna happen at twenty fifth? Yeah? Wow, we'll just have to release a line, is that Amy?
Speaker 3: Remember when Sebastian was like, why are we gonna do some more episodes of No.
Speaker 2: You know all those people in want to do more? They all said yes, and so did you by the way, So like, can we just do more? More and more and more?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: More, no more gilmore girls.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I'm listen, let's just do them ourselves. Well that is that allowed no.
Speaker 4: Write our own where Luke does a podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Seriously, you got to figure it out because people really want more content. I know, Wait, does anybody else have any more funny stories? Before we hear about Danielle and what she's thought for the last three months? But when did we miss? What did I miss? Like, Suzanne, what were you?
Speaker 1: Did you miss? Me? Crying? Did miss when I went? Because Elaine, Elaine my my my right hand, Elaine Espinoza, who's who's fantastic in every way. She got to the venue first, right, I'm stuck in track yeah yeah yeah yeah. So she calls me and she goes, uh, I just walked on the stage. I just walked on the set. I just saw what I heart did, how they set it up, and she goes, you got to prepare yourself. I said, what what is it bad? And she goes, no, no, no, no, no, no, it's like way way good and you prepare yourself because you're gonna cry. So I'm not gonna cry. What are you talking about? So when I get there, she just says, all right, put your stuff down. I had all my stuff and I close and changes clothes and all that stuff, and she said, follow me, and she walked me down the back corridors of the jay Leno what used to be the jay Leno Theater and all that stuff where they filmed the Tonight Show and walking, walking, walking, take a right, walking walking, walking, takes right, and then boom, there it is. And I just covered my mouth like, oh my god. And she's like filming the whole thing, like shooting the whole thing, because she knew I was gonna yeah, you know, I kind of I kind of, I kind of Well.
Speaker 2: What did you think we were gonna do? Just like put a chair out there?
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't know it was going to be like that. I mean, it's like every detail like the lights and the video screens and the and all the graphics in this Dozie's market and the merch store up there.
Speaker 2: We did set up a Dosie's market, and we did have Taylor's ice Cream Shoppy it was cold Stone Creamery, so cold Stone and did a bull like ice cream shop. And then we had the coffee car. We we we did.
Speaker 3: Have a Hamburger truck.
Speaker 1: And we had to food truck.
Speaker 2: At the end we converted the Habit Burger Thank you to the Habit Burger. It was Luke's Diner food truck.
Speaker 1: It was Malamars on stage for days.
Speaker 3: I forgot to take a for you guys.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you of everything we did? I mean, we had the chefs from the official cookbook, and we had snow, and we had the merch store and Dosie's Market and the ice cream shop and the coffee cart, the burger truck. Let me tell you what was the hardest thing? Can get thirty boxes of malamars. I literally I was this close to literally having to buy them on eBay from somebody that weirdly hordes.
Speaker 3: Them on their pantry for twenty years.
Speaker 2: I did not bring myself to do it because I thought that seems sketchy. Finally, I think I found them at Walmart. And I don't even want to tell you it was not cheap to get thirty boxes of malamars. Bedex to the.
Speaker 6: When we before you got there, we were like setting everything up, and Sydney, who worked bus, she goes, I don't know where the malamars are.
Speaker 5: I don't know where they are.
Speaker 2: Because I kept those in my car like they were diamonds. Like I was like, I'm not surrendering the malamars written any boxes.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you need the malamars. And then at the end I told Jackie. I was like, Jackie, I need a box melamars. And I took two, so Danielle have one for you.
Speaker 3: I'm so mad. I forgot that.
Speaker 2: They're actually quite yng We're so nice. So it's the it's the chef, She's the chef. And then it's Elena and Kristin, right, I don't mess that up. Kristin and one sort of yeah, one does like the texture, like the sort of stories, behind the scenes, stories of the cookbook, and the other one is like an amazing chef. And what did they make with you? Danishes and pies.
Speaker 1: Pie? Yeah, beautiful stuff, beautiful stuff, really good. I ate one of the danishes on stage. It was so good I couldn't stop eating it. They couldn't understand what I was saying to him for a while. But look, you know, Amy, what a boss you are up on stage directly.
Speaker 2: I know people very bossy.
Speaker 1: You're you're a natural born director.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I don't I do direct a lot, but I don't.
Speaker 1: But you have but no, no, no, but you have to be you have to take charge. And like this is how it's going. We have a limited amount of time, and let's go and run through it. And like it's like you've done this before.
Speaker 2: You could tell Yeah, I had, I direct a lot, but I don't like it. I don't direct in the booth though, so we had so Jeremy and Brian are these awesome guys that run our theater. So it's a full production. So like people when they watch the stream, like you're not getting like Danielle holding a cell phone, Like it's multiple cameras, a jib, like all the things, all stuff, and so you're watching, you're gonna watch like a full TV show. When you watch the stream, it's like this is not like it's legit, you know.
Speaker 1: It's it's like a special. It's like a special. What you do You're gonna get all those angles and camera angles and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how to direct the way Brian directs, where he's like camera three zoom, camera budd zoom. I only know how to like stage direct.
Speaker 1: We're too close on Petterson? How far can you pull back? How do you fail about Cleveland? It was fun? That was really a great night. I was I was exhausted from the week from all the stuff we were doing and all the coffee and the Warner Brothers. Yeah, and this and the Critics Choice of Wards, and I was just.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, how was the Critics Choice Awards?
Speaker 1: That at that little party? That was okay? Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 2: Actually, and you're for people that watch, are gonna watch. I won't reveal it, but there's like a little bit of a funny bit that Scott does. But your suit was very nice?
Speaker 1: Had a suit? I went through my closet. There were about ten suits. None of them fit that one. Did I bang that one? The selection?
Speaker 2: What did you wear to the Critics Choice Awards?
Speaker 1: I wore that suit. I wore that the same.
Speaker 2: Suit that you wore at the at the Live show.
Speaker 1: No, the Live Show is something that came in second place.
Speaker 2: That was a good suit. Did you wear the suit that got lost on the plane to the Critics Choice Award.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: It is a little bit funny because it is like when Luke's.
Speaker 1: In a it's a different it's a different suit.
Speaker 2: When we see you in a suit, it's the same thing that happens when you're watching Gilmour Girls and you see Luke get dressed up. You're like burh because of it's like we're all basically in our pajamas when we do this. So but I met it's like you wear pants that don't have a tie string. Waste.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you something. I went right up to Bradley Cooper because I saw my st I really like it. I introduced myself and said, you know, a nice job and all that. He just turned around, stared at me and he goes.
Speaker 2: Luke, no stop it. Oh my god, you're making it seem like you're kidding. Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Serious? No, I don't go. I don't get invited to those big award shows because you know, Gilmore was never nominated for anything right.
Speaker 2: And Softboard didn't nail it for you.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, soft Board didn't know. But those those novels are great, you should read them. But all those people they were so welcoming, and.
Speaker 2: He actually said, Luke.
Speaker 1: The only thing he said to me, but he goes, look.
Speaker 2: Cool. Oh my god, like multiple my god.
Speaker 1: The president of the c W was there and we were at his table, and we were invited to sit at his table. That was the invitation. So we were right smack dab middle right in front of the stage. We probably had the best table in the and Kevin Pollock was in the next table. For myself, yeah yeah, yeah, all had a mazel. I'm sorry mazel. They had two tables, and Amy and Dan was in the front one and and some of the actors were in the back one. It was like, so Kevin polk was sitting there and we got so we got to sitting down at our table, and Ken Paul came over and started talking to the President of the c W, Bradley Schwartz, and so then their conversation ends. We sit down and he goes and the president seat w. Bradley says to us, he goes, do I look like Jeremy Renner? And I looked at him. I said, yeah, yeah, you kind of do a little bit, you know, And he says, because Kevin Pollack thought I was Jeremy. He came over and said, God, you're you're looking great. You're doing great. I can't wait for you to come back and tell him or no, because you don't know with it. It didn't tell him.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Wait, first of all, I love when celebrities are mistaken for other people. Oh god, that was oh my god.
Speaker 1: I think he didn't he didn't want to tell him because he did. You know, It's like it's like at that point then he just kind of looked at him and smiled and shot it and said thanks and he went away. Yeah. Yeah, everybody's there. It's like du Lipa was there. I kept that's not I do believe, but somebody had to correct me.
Speaker 2: It was a good show. It was a good show. Chelsea Hiller was funny.
Speaker 1: Big show. She was funny.
Speaker 2: I loved her green dress and black dress, just saying there's some good outfits at that. So did you have a critic at your table too? Did you see Sam Ruben because he must have been in the.
Speaker 1: I saw Sam Ruben on the red carpet, yes, okay, okay, and I saw him the Friday Friday before that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did good when you were on K thank you.
Speaker 1: I really wanted to do good you did? You did? Yeah? Sam. Sam's great, He's easy, you know, he's really Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Well okay, So now that we've you know, given people behind the scenes, Danielle, you're back. Have you been watching every week?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Did you binge it or did you kind of paste it like we.
Speaker 3: Did like four episodes at a time?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I'm a my god, I have a lot of thoughts, Like, I don't even know where to begin. I just do have a lot of thoughts on Logan And someone sent me something This Morning Live is her name, and she is a listener on to the podcast, and she sent me something that has completely blown my mind. But I'm going to wait to till the end because I have thoughts.
Speaker 2: Okay, but so where did you leave us? Where where did Suzanne join and you left?
Speaker 3: So the last episode that I recapped was when Lorlai like proposed to Luke.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, okay, so that it was.
Speaker 3: During that time, So I was really upset that Lorli just like, you know, just nonchalantly was like, will you marry me? You know whatever, blah blah blah, like and we talked about that and whatnot. So seeing the whole wedding planning process kind of unfold while I was gone, it's just weird, like something's not right obviously. And we later find out that Luke obviously has a daughter, which was a big.
Speaker 2: So what did you feel about that?
Speaker 3: I thought it was a slightly at a left field, But I'm like, I like it for Luke, Like I like that he has a daughter, and I like that he's like so into it and that he's really like trying to foster the relationship and not just kind of push it to the side. Obviously. The thing that's weird about it is the fact that he's so weird with Laureli about it, you know, like he's trying to spend the rest of his life with Lurlai, his dream girl up for years, finds out he has a daughter, but is not making the connection to bring April into Laurelized life too. When Loreli's life is Luke's life, does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Like heeah? Of course, we first of all just really fast. What did you think of April when she comes in and grabs the hair and got her helmet and then its Vanessa. I love like our bit of our pal like we love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love Vanessa on it, and I love I love April as a character, and I think from what I've gathered that's kind of like not the most popular opinion on her, But like I like her. I like April. I like that she's spicty. I like that she like keeps Luke on his toes and like, you know, it's just kind of a little smarty pants.
Speaker 2: I think that what we're learning is people actually do like April. They more don't like the way Luke was with Lorali about April, Like what's not to love about April. It's weird that at the time she was so like the most hated ever because it's like, I think we didn't hate How can you hate.
Speaker 3: This little girl? She's so cute and she's just trying.
Speaker 1: To against her. It's love for Luke and Laurela.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, for.
Speaker 1: Sure Get Anything getting in the way of that is going to be you know.
Speaker 4: And when it originally aired, like Get Lived, people have been watching this relationship develop over you know, exactly five years, and now they felt like it was being taken away from them. So back then, I can see why people might be mad at April herself. Right, they just the way stream the entire series in a week and then every month. Yeah, I think people realize Okay, wait, it wasn't really April that was the issue.
Speaker 1: It was Luke's reaction to April that was. Yeah, all right, I'm giving him a free pass on that. You put yourself in his shoes. Twelve years later, thirteen years later, your child shows up totally. Yeah, that's a nuclear bomb on your life. It's a it's it's it's a and you got to focus on it, and you got to get to know her, and you got to sort out how you feel about it and develop a bond and a friendship with your daughter. Who I mean, imagine how that's going to scramble your brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I always point there's just a little bit of hypocrisy of Luke in this time.
Speaker 1: Did you use the H word?
Speaker 3: Because he's so like, like, you need to tell me when you're going to lie, Crystal, you need to And it's like he he has known about Rory forever.
Speaker 7: So you know what, guys, what really kind of struck me about this is, I don't know, it's it's kind of in the writing, right, it's it's just like is I've.
Speaker 1: Never seen Luke be even a little bit hypocritical. Maybe at times he has, but I think I think in this situation he could sort of be boring on that. And you know, I think it's a lot. I think he made a mistake here. I think I think April gets dropped into his life. It's an act of God. What contractual you would call it? Force? Ma sure that nullifies any contract. And I know he made that deal with Laurlai about you know, we have to tell each other everything. And you know, I think what he was referring to was Christopher, you know, and people that she stated before and this kind of thing so that the trust doesn't get destroyed or withered away the way it was prior. And that's the great thing about couples that communicate, is they communicate and so but yeah, he kind of isn't acting like Luke here. And I don't know why the writers did this. There's got to be a good reason for it. I haven't seen the episodes, but I guess you ked say he without bringing Laurel I into the into the fold here right away? You know this is this is untrodden territory if you will for for this character and you know, it's like it just it hurts me personally to see him like this because I you know, I have to say these words. I had to, I had to lay down these lines on the day. I always advocated for April. I always thought it was a terrific storyline. I know the fans do not approve because it caused a rift between Luke and Laurreli that much, I know, So I don't blame them for that. But you know, if you have a daughter you've got you've got to take the time. And I think, yes, he probably took too long to bring Laura into the fold, if he even did it all, but I mean a couple of months. Yeah, I think I think he probably made a little bit of a mistake. But we all make mistakes. I mean a human that's you know, a character asked as flaws. Nobody's perfect as perfect as that character is.
Speaker 2: So how are you feeling about Luke right now, Danielle?
Speaker 3: I understand what Luke's doing so, like, like I have empathy for him, Like I understand he wants to create a relationship with April on his own and have that be a solid base before bringing other people into it. Like, I do sympathize with that, but like I said, said, there's just a little bit of hypocrisy that is happening right now. But like I can't one hundred percent fault him for it, but it's just a little bit bold coming from from Luke that he's been so on, you know, on his so vocal with Laurai about not having secrets if they're going to have a relationship together and build their life together, and now he's doing that. So it's like, if it weren't for all of that in the beginning, I'd be like, yeah, let Luke have a relation, build a relationship with April first, and like foster that and then bring in Laura Lai.
Speaker 1: And you know, I remember being in my trailer and I'm working on this stuff with with George, and I'm like this, does this sound like Luke to you? Does this? Is this going to be a backlash? Is this going to be bad for him? And because it was just it just didn't seem like him and it and it really affected me personally. And I don't know that I even mentioned it to Amy or dan.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 1: We had a lot of conversations. This may have been one of them, but I certainly do remember some key conversations I had with Amy and Dan about certain scenes. Not it didn't happen a lot, you know, it just it doesn't happen a lot. But they always have, you know, they have they know where they're going with the story. It's mapped out, so they can't tell me everything, but that you know, I trust them so implicitly that I just went ahead and did these lines. So and that's you know, that's the great comfort of being on That shows you know that they're going to steer you in the in the right direction, even though it maybe in the moment it feels a little wonk here, it feels a little uh, you know, off color or not even on brand or on character's So that's this is the one time I felt it really imbalanced, and it did affect me personally. I remember going home and and talking to I was living with my wife at the time. Sho and my wife had but we talked about it at length, and we'd stayed up and analyze it. It's death and it's like why are they doing this? And and she, you know, she would say, listen, they're you know, the best of the best writers there are. There's got to be a good reason for it. And I am told by certain sources that there is a very good reason for it. I don't know what it is, but I guess we'll see in the coming episodes. But anyway, I do remember that having a huge impact on me, and you know, gosh, do I want to portray this guy like this? And I just you just have to trust right. I mean, he's going to be a little hypocritical in this in these moments. He's a human being, he's flawed, and those are the kind of characters you want to play.
Speaker 4: So I looked up the actual line because this is what Luke said.
Speaker 2: He says two things.
Speaker 4: Morlaye says, today was the first day I heard Christopher's voice and the yeah blah blah blah. And Luke says, we can't hide things from each other, and then I'm not going to like it when Christopher calls. But we have to tell each other everything. So it wasn't qualified like we have to tell each other everything about our romantic partners. It was no to tell everything about anything, tell each other.
Speaker 2: Everything when I deem it, and that we need to so he's not telling her something. Yep. And it was obviously intentional, like they wrote it intentionally. Yeah, as they decided to make.
Speaker 3: And again, yeah, I'm going to go back and say, I sympathize with Luke. I understand what's going through his brain, but it still makes him a hypocrite.
Speaker 1: This is what I went to fans to understand. The character is is is personal to me. Luke is is personal to me. I created it, I interpreted it, and I'll defend him because you know, he didn't know how to handle it at the time. He was overwhelmed. Maybe he didn't make he I mean, maybe he did make a mistake by not sharing it with Laurel.
Speaker 2: I but.
Speaker 1: You know, if you get so deep into analyzing it, and I guess you know my job as an actor because storyline is given to me and to the cast, and I mean, I think we all certainly did a good job because it did make people upset with Luke. That was the point. But you know, for non actors out there, imagine you're given a part to play and you developed that character further with every episode it's processed, and then scripts come in and the characters different. You know, in order to properly portray a character, you have to actually believe in what that character is doing at the time with their behaviors and emotions, and you become that character and order protit. So so it's believable. Okay, So you have to really believe in what the character is doing or or it won't come off well. And that's always the struggle, and that, in a way is what made people, you know, angry with Luke. And you know, people start throwing these words around, like you know, he's being hypocritical and you know he's not tending to lorealize needs and all that, and that's all, you know, well and good. But this this belief I have in Luke, in this character, it sticks with me. It's still with me, and the and the and the character is still inside me, you know, because I I created it. So anyway I have, I have no idea what's coming. Everybody else does. So you're reliving Luke's mistakes as he is making them, so you don't always know that you're doing something wrong at the time that you're doing it. I mean, that's why they're called mistakes in accidents. So I think we can just sum it up saying that I have a lot invested in this character in this show, and it's very deeply, deeply personal to me, So thanks for indulging me.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. I think you're right, Scott. I think yeah, they did you dirty a little bit in that this character had done all these things to be one way and then all of a sudden, it's like what And it's.
Speaker 1: So odd because I enjoyed it and I loved working with her, you know, and I thought it was there was an interesting dimension. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you.
Speaker 4: Just wish in April relationship that's same like Luke in dad mode is the best thing amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just wish he was told Lorlai right from day one and sort of let her be a part of it a little bit more when it was appropriate. I understand. You don't just go like, Hi, nice to meet you daughter, here's here's my fiance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marmie, you know, And I think as the episodes have played out in the you know, it's been now a couple months that we've known that Lorelai has known, and I see in the beginning, definitely we want to let Luke have some bonding time with this daughter that you know, they have twelve years to catch up on. But there comes a point where I think we really saw it in the last episode with all the Bridesmaid's episode when in the beginning, Laurelai is talking to Lane and Lane is talking about how she plays games with April, and so basically Lane is allowed to get to know to get to know April, anybody that comes into the diner is allowed to interact with April theoretically, but Laurelai is still not even allowed to be in the same room with her. That's weird, And that's where it's starting to get weird, because now we're past the point of, you know, the two of them getting to know each other. Let's widen the circle a little bit. And he does widen the circle to the town, but not Laurela and I that's just again his character.
Speaker 1: Did you ever think that maybe he was just protecting his relationship with Laurela, I that that was a protective instinct was born.
Speaker 2: I get that.
Speaker 3: I get that, and he got was nervous on how this big life change to his own life is going to affect right, I get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know that he was really even conscious that he was doing that, and that's why when Laurel I pointed it out to him at Martha's Vineyard, I was hoping that was going to be a turning point in the next episode we would see Laurela I getting to interact with April. But now we're, you know, two more episodes down the road and we still haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: So Martha's Vineyard episode, Oh yeah, Danielle.
Speaker 3: You guys hated that, but I liked that. I was like, this is entertaining, like Logan the day with the necklace, Like, I liked it.
Speaker 6: I wonder if it was good because you binged it right, like it was like connected to like the episode before and after for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even so Danielle brings that up back when we were backstage the other night. Danielle's like, I liked Fineyard Valentine, and I'm like, what, that's literally the episode no one likes. I really liked it. I go, you mean Malibu Valentine, Like.
Speaker 1: No, I like that.
Speaker 3: Like Luke was like, you know, yeah, we'll do the double date trip, Like let's do it. Why not?
Speaker 2: You know, I mean like it in concept, but the actual episode blows.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 3: It actually made me like Logan, and then we watched a few more episodes and then I quickly went right back to me not liking him.
Speaker 6: Scott just wanted to ask, are you noticing the change in Luke and like how it affected the show more now that you're watching or did you notice.
Speaker 5: While you were while you were doing the scenes.
Speaker 6: Because I feel like, you know, you always say like you didn't see other people's scenes if you weren't in it, or you didn't know the script, So like, are you seeing it play out now or in the moment did you notice what was happening, Like you didn't notice that Luke's character was changing this much while you were filming?
Speaker 1: Well, I obviously knew that April was a big sea change and you know, his his his narrative. You know it was going to change everything. I mean, I mean I knew that, you know, But it wasn't like I was running around saying, hey, you know, why'd you do this to me and give me more to do? And you know I wasn't advising anybody or I didn't have any real thoughts about it. You just trust, right, you just trust trust trust. Yeah, but it's yeah, it's a whole different experience seeing it for the first time. It really truly is. Sorry question, I have more opinions now than I did that.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So before we end on, Logan, I just want to give some snaps to Jess because oh yeah, because of me, a Jess Milo cameo makes my entire day when that happened, and that's why Rory's back at Yale with Alba m she would not be back, she'd be still in her rut. And it just shows that Rory needs Jess. She just does. And that's for me right now. Endgame for Rory is Jess in my opinion. So moving on, Wait, two.
Speaker 2: Questions before you move on. Yeah, the fight scene with the all the Gilmours, like and I think Kenny Ortega directed it where it's spinning round and round and they're at the What did you think of that, because it's like, we haven't gotten to hear your take one of our favorite scenes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's great. It was entertaining. I mean anything Kenny Ortega touches, it's gold, like quite literally, like anytime, I'm like, this episode is amazing. You look it up and it's Kenny Arteka. Yeah, no, it was amazing.
Speaker 2: It was great. And what about the fight that happened before that between Emily and Rory when they just it was ugly at the I.
Speaker 3: Think it was the dar I was honestly surprised with how kind of.
Speaker 2: Rude Rory was.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, like.
Speaker 3: Quite like, look, I understand that Emily's overstepping and she always has, but like, she opened up her home for you and you just like, we're a brad about it, quite frankly, opened up her home, paid for your school, is the only reason why you're in you know where she's at right now, paid for Chiltern, all the things right, and she just kind of disrespected her. Yeah, now very bold and now logan again. Oh okay, Well Vineyard Valentine made me like him. I was like this, this guy's cute. You know, he's got the house and Martha's vineyard. He's bringing Lorla and Luke, he's cooking breakfast, he's got the jewelry giving, you know, saving the day for Luke on Valentine's Day, like doing all the cute stuff, you know, the schmoozy stuff. Did we watch the episode about the wedding yet.
Speaker 2: You mean the bridesmaids. Yeah, yeah, that's where we're we just found with every bridesmaid. Yeah yeah, you've actually watched one past that, but that's.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, one past that. That was that brought me right back. I it's it's always like, if you're on a break, are you able to hook up with other people? You know, there's always that kind of conversation. But it was just kind of a brought me back to Logan, to just disliking Logan. But what has been completely mind blown right now again, I said it live dms me this, so I'm giving her all the credit. But she sent me this video of a theory on Logan, And for this entire series, I have been drawing parallel parallels with Logan and Christopher, and that has always been my thing, Like Logan is Rory's Christopher. She sent me this theory that Logan is actually Rory's Lorelai, and I cannot un see it. I cannot un same. And so literally, because Logan grew up wealthy, is rebelling against his family, does not want his family's legacy or his family's you know, fortune or whatever, is a you know, a rebel and that is Laurel I, and I cannot unsee it.
Speaker 1: You know, I kind of agree. I kind of agree with you because I view Logan as somebody compared to Christopher, as somebody who's far more capable post college, right, whereas Christopher is not, and Laurel I is the same. She's very capable. She's going to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like an edible where you fall in love with what you're comfortable with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so in this theory, uh, it's literally a TikTok she sent me, but it's not a book. But even the music that Logan plays in his apartment is Laurel I's favorite music. And there's like all these like parallel So I don't know if that was intentional, but now that I'm revisiting all the scenes of Logan, there, you know, Rory is falling in love with somebody who resembles her mother, you know, like it's somebody who she loves so much, and that's familiar. Yeah, and that's why she has such a draw to Logan.
Speaker 9: You know, he's so spontaneous, right right, She's so serious and regimented and books smart and scheduled and all those things, and he's you know, jumping off scaffolding with an umbrella, which it doesn't have to be so on the nose, but I do see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Lorelai is more.
Speaker 1: She's quirky, and she's like Finn, like Finn is Kirk.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Taking it that she's finding the.
Speaker 1: Town interesting, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: That's a really good theory.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: So now I'm just like, whoa logan, Isla.
Speaker 5: Have you have you watched an episode since.
Speaker 3: You know this morning?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, literally right before this. That's what I wonder is it as being like whoa?
Speaker 2: Doesn't it? Don't they say you marry your father? So if she doesn't really have a father, then she would marry her mother. That being said, he is also like her father, so she's definitely attractive attracted to familiarity in Logan, well.
Speaker 5: It also could be like that episode when Christopher went to.
Speaker 6: The the apartment and like they were getting along, Like I can now see it like Laura and Christopher had things in common.
Speaker 5: I actually, yeah, I can kind of see that.
Speaker 3: It's so good. I'm trying to just make sure I didn't miss anything. And rewatching.
Speaker 2: I love the theories, the TikTok theories.
Speaker 1: You know, Christopher's father was kind of a hard just like just like Mitcham.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But do you ever see Christopher But do you ever see Christopher as a young guy Logan's age standing up to his to that extent? I mean, we have that.
Speaker 2: One flashback episode, but I can't remember the more. My take on Christopher is he was going to fall in line, he was going to work for Richard, he was going to marry her. He was going to quote do the right thing. Yeah right, But you know, to have a theory doesn't have to be exact. It's pretty good theory.
Speaker 3: It's good right. Anyways, So I've been ruminating on that this morning.
Speaker 2: What did you think when Mitcham just comes in and just rips Logan a new one in front of Luke and lower Lai Anne Rory.
Speaker 3: I'm not surprised, but like, oh, but then the one thing that broke my heart was when Logan was like, I have to go, and he does it, right, he does it? You know, Like that's what broke my heart. I was because he was trying to stand up to him, and you know, like what are you talking about? You know, like I'm here with Rory and her family. Yeah, you know, and and then at the end of the day he he had to go.
Speaker 1: He just gave up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sucked.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's the difference again between the show ending and the movies? Is it ten years?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Seven years? Does anybody remember suzand Sky it was nine?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Got it. Okay, that's going to be very interesting when we get to the movies. That's gonna take it. We're gonna have to really burn then.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Danielle, I guess it's like, what's your sort of rating for the episodes you've watched?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's your measuring stick for all of them, So you have to find a measure representation.
Speaker 3: The measuring stick for the last three months has been I would say, like a eight point two five wedding dresses maybe.
Speaker 1: Maybe torn wedding dresses, maybe like a little dirt at the bottom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you like her wedding dress?
Speaker 3: I mean floor lies.
Speaker 2: The perfect dress, the perfect dress? Yes, you doesn't sound like you really liked it, So.
Speaker 3: I can't for whatever reason, I can't, I can't picture it in my brain, but I remember that.
Speaker 2: That means it wasn't memorable.
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so say wedding dresses.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the definition of grade fashion. You're that you notice the person, not the clothes, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Clothes aren't wearing you Who said that?
Speaker 1: Thank you much?
Speaker 2: Did I get it right?
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 2: She said all the smart, smart fashion stuff. Okay, so let's all figure out where we're at. So Danielle's wan ahead, but we're all going to watch it. So what episode is next? H it's the one after the Bridesmaids.
Speaker 1: The one we're okay.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, you're okay, okay, So we're all back on track. We've got some special stuff for everybody this week, but then next week we're back on track.
Speaker 5: Nearing the end of the season.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so nervous because it's like we only have season seven.
Speaker 6: I feel like I don't even remember season seven. Like the more I think about it, I'm like.
Speaker 5: I remember like all the details.
Speaker 6: Because I think I kind of in my head went from like season six to the movies.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh, I just read the synopsis for the next episode and.
Speaker 2: Surface perfect. A lot of people were asking me, what are we going to do when we finished season seven and we have a plan. We have a plan well off after the movies obviously, people just I.
Speaker 3: Know, you get you told me not to be excited, but I'm still excited for the movies. Yeah, I like the movies.
Speaker 5: I liked the movies too. I think a lot of people didn't.
Speaker 6: But like I actually, before I was on this podcast, I just randomly went back and watched them all just because I wanted to. For me, it was I think, and Susanna, maybe you can attest this for me, like as a fan, it was kind of like the closure.
Speaker 5: I I mean, closure is not the right word, but it was like a nice.
Speaker 2: Visit visit, yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And I can see how people who because I didn't watch the show when it originally aired, so I didn't wait the nine years, so I can see how people who had been waiting that whole time may have like had an mental image of what they thought a revival would be, and I could see how what we got didn't really live up to that. But because I didn't have nine years to.
Speaker 3: Build it up in my brain, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: That might be why it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't bother me as much.
Speaker 4: It's it's completely different than the original series, so you can't go into affecting it to just be a continuation because it's very different.
Speaker 1: Here's what they wanted after nine years. They wanted a big, fat wedding, that's what they want.
Speaker 2: I think they wanted a funny script.
Speaker 1: Well, a big fat wedding. That's that's a gift it could have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could have been a funny script.
Speaker 1: That's a given that. You know, if Amy and Dan are involved, it's gonna be funny.
Speaker 2: I think you might be right for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The My criticism of the movie, which we'll get to, is just it didn't feel gilmoury enough. It was like I just did not love the story and the script that way.
Speaker 1: I want, let's talk about everything thing that's on all our minds. Okay, let's talk about something really important. Okay, because we're really jumping the gun on talking about these movies. I mean, we're supposed to be so, I uh, not to change the subject too much, but what do you think of the Sebastian Bach idea of my band touring with his band in Australia Argentina. I think, I think I.
Speaker 2: Think if Joey Fatone can go on tour with a j MacLean and you can do it.
Speaker 1: Why what is that? Is that their continent and think that's that's two different wo yeah yeah, so what do you think should we do it? Do you think we should get it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course, anything that involves Sebastian Bach, just do it.
Speaker 1: Just that's that's my motto in life. Yeah, just do it because it's going to be memorable and then you'll have a lot of laughs.
Speaker 4: And even if you don't want to do the music, just stand there and tell funny stories and you know people will eat it up because.
Speaker 1: No, I want to do the music part. You play between.
Speaker 2: Only songs from Gilmore Girls. Though you get your band and make them in your way all about, but you learn only songs that were on Gilmore Girls. Right, I'm onto something good?
Speaker 5: Idea sing with the theme song at the l show.
Speaker 2: You do the theme song, you do. There's so many we're going to figure and it's none the richer. You do it all.
Speaker 1: We're going to figure it out and get back to y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay, So next week I'm okay, You're okay.
Speaker 1: Next week so I'm okay, you're okay. All right, So that's going to wrap it up. Queen Danielle is back, and boy is she feisty than ever entered the arena again.
Speaker 2: Guys Scott, thank you. You did a great job hosting. You didn't it.
Speaker 1: Was It was a pleasure and I was exhausted from the week and I didn't know whether I was you know. I filled up with Luke's coffee, just a bunch of steaming mugs, and I had all this energy.
Speaker 2: And did anybody even Twinkies? We had Twinkies pop tarts.
Speaker 1: There were so many.
Speaker 2: Nobody, nobody dudded you during the show.
Speaker 4: I got two boxes of the Malamars and we busted into those as soon as we got home before so I'm like, I gotta try one.
Speaker 2: Oh what did you think of a malamar? They were good.
Speaker 1: I liked that.
Speaker 4: I actually don't even really like marshmallows that much, but I thought the Malamars were good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A great night that was. That was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So if you want to, if you have enjoyed our backstage tails, get the stream It's events.
Speaker 1: Dot veeps slash I hyphen m, hyphen all hyphen get your streaming tickets. You're not going to want to miss this. Go to our link Tree, get your tickets. It's going to be It's a good time. The audience was laughing there, took us as off man that the stories. It was a great night. It was really a great night. Never forget that anyway. Thanks everybody say I'm French, Daniel, Romo, Tyres, suit Amy Sugarman, the best team in podcasting history, and we will see you next time. Best fans on the planet.
Speaker 8: Stay safe everyone, everybody, don't forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.