Speaker 1: Second date update. I always thought meeting someone on an airplane was so twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you literally just rolled your eyes.
Speaker 1: Ten years ago I had shaken back and forth, but we've actually had a couple people reach out saying that it's happened to them recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always think it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Now, one guy we couldn't use because he was like, hey, you want my peanuts, And turns out he wasn't talking about his in flight snack. Yeah, it was something else, Jeff. So that situation is in court. We're going to try a different one with a new guy named Brad. Well, let's talk to him. Brad, you didn't leave any of your snack mix on her in the middle of the flight, did you.
Speaker 3: I hope not. No, I don't think so, guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's be more sure of ourselves, Brad, think you know, Brad, Let's start from the very beginning.
Speaker 1: Brad, who is this woman that you met?
Speaker 3: Her name is Tiffany. She's this awesome girl. And look, I'll be honest with you, guys. I just recently got out of a relationship, so I wasn't really even looking for anything happens. I was looking for anything. You know, I'm just sitting down on my flight, getting ready to go back home to see the family and everything, and this hot girl walks on the plane. And you guys know, when you see somebody attractive walking in the plane, you're always like, oh, please sit next to me, Sit next to me.
Speaker 1: There's an empty seat walking down the aisle aboard the plane opening for three hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the attractive one never sits next to me, except for this one time.
Speaker 4: Oh man, when she was like putting her stuff in the overhead were you getting nervous.
Speaker 3: A little bit? And then also got me a little bit more nervous was when she did sit down. Like I had the aisle seat, she had the window seat. So now I'm holding my breath that nobody's coming over to the middle or.
Speaker 4: You just ask really chivalrous, You're like, you know what, you have the aisle. I'll take this middle one and just sacrifice to sit next to her.
Speaker 1: People would be so happy. Yeah, oh my gosh, of course take the middle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was my plan the whole time. And every time somebody walked in, I was like, okay, what did she and I give them to sit in the aisle?
Speaker 1: And you don't need one. So did somebody come?
Speaker 3: No, that's the best part. So with the doors closed, nobody came. What is the se right between us?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Take off her love?
Speaker 3: Wa?
Speaker 2: I mean, how did you strike up a conversation? Was it pretty immediate?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was just you know, I helped her. I try to help her with her bags, and then I asked her, was like, look, do you want the aisle? See, I can switch, you know, just anything, anything I can say just to start the conversation.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, okay. How did the flight go?
Speaker 3: It wasn't great. And when we get we were talking, she had like this cute little like when I made her laugh like hard, he would uncontrollably snort for a second, and of course she'd apologize that's cute.
Speaker 2: And somebody else snorts when they laugh, it's cute.
Speaker 3: I see, I'm definitely feeling this girl. I'm thinking she's feeling me. Like if the vibes are great, the conversation's going great. And look, it was a you know, she's going back to see her family, going back to mine. But it was a long flight. We were both kind of tired, what have you? And conversation kind of died down. I ended up watching this show on my phone and then knocked out and fell asleep for the rest of the flights. So I don't know. I mean, I'm hoping I didn't drool. I'm hoping I didn't part in my sleep.
Speaker 1: Oh you're an ugly?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Like at home? I don't think so. But I mean, you know, you never know when you're sitting on a plane and you have to like sitting uncomfortable positions, and you don't know.
Speaker 1: So at what point during this flight did you get her number?
Speaker 3: Before I fell asleep? So before I fell asleep, I got her number. We were kind of making plants like there was a new restaurant back home, and were like we were going to try it out, and again, everything seemed super enthusiastic. We seem to be filling each other. I knocked out on the plane, which I'm kicking myself. I should have just kept talking to her figure something out instead of watching a show and falling asleep.
Speaker 1: I don't know, playing sleep.
Speaker 2: Didn't you wake up?
Speaker 5: Please here again?
Speaker 3: I mean just gone. I slept all the way until we landed, so I had like ten extra minutes, like nice to meet you. You know, I'll see you later, I'll give you a call, what have you and kind of just went our separate ways.
Speaker 1: Alexis hearing the entire day. What are you thinking? Do you think something happened when he was sleeping?
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know, could have been an ugly sleeper.
Speaker 4: To you.
Speaker 2: Your mouth's opening, you're like making noises on the play. I mean it is kind of a look into the future of your relationship. Somebody's snoring next to you.
Speaker 1: The deal breaker for me.
Speaker 3: Alive.
Speaker 1: So what's going on with you? Guys? Now?
Speaker 3: Now I'm texting and she is responding, but it's not like with the same enthusiasm as originally. I'm trying to hammer down this date and it's like for her somebody keeps coming up or who quite responding? Time minutes.
Speaker 1: You can take a breath, buddy, exactly. Sound like you're really really wound up in that sleep.
Speaker 2: He said, lower the oxygen masks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how long has it been since this flight happened.
Speaker 3: It's been about like a week and a half. I mean, not too long, but we should have seen each other by night.
Speaker 1: You're trying to keep the momentum that you had on that flight going before it fizzles out.
Speaker 3: It sounds like, exactly, you gotta while iron's hot.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well I think it's lukewarm right now, but we're gonna still strike.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's let's get the hot water you're going or whatever you do.
Speaker 2: It's an iron, Okay, let's put it poke.
Speaker 1: At the fire. Let's get smelter, don't I don't deal with irons broke anyway, We're gonna come back. We're gonna try and get your second date update with Tiffany right after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks you guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Hold on, man, second date update. Two people meet on a flight, they exchange laughter phone numbers, and then everything goes dark. Whoa, I'm not talking about the first episode of Lost. I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Brad sleep on his flight after meeting Tiffany was a rom com. Yeah, they were hitting it off before his three thousand mile high snoozefest, but after he woke up, he just hasn't been able to keep that momentum going.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Alexis thinks it's because he's an ugly sleeper with a bad credit score, but.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's Okay, maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the bottom line is he's willing to do whatever it takes in order to see her again in person, even reach out to us for help. So good on Brad for going the extra mile.
Speaker 2: Like a mile like.
Speaker 1: I doesn't even think of that. More clever than I even realized.
Speaker 2: Or you are platinum member today. I don't want to hear.
Speaker 1: How we feeling anxious?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll find out one way or another.
Speaker 1: As long as we're not sleepy before we head into this call, then I think we're going to be golden all right?
Speaker 3: Hopefully? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine he falls asleep in the middle of the call too, But.
Speaker 1: That look on us more than anything. But here we go. We're about to call. Are you ready to do this?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Here were going at a dollar number right now? Hello, Hey is this Tiffany? Yes, Hey Tiffany. And this might be weird, but you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tiffany, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's weird.
Speaker 5: That's not weird, very strange, but okay, O.
Speaker 1: Good we are.
Speaker 7: We got over it pretty quick, so we're doing a segment on our show. It's also It's also a weird segment called second Date Update, where we try and help our listeners don't ve help our listeners go out on another date after they had a nice experience with someone. Sometimes three thousand miles three hundred thousand, thirty thousand miles in the air.
Speaker 2: I mean they're not in space, Jeff.
Speaker 1: How high do you fly a plane at?
Speaker 4: You met somebody on a flight, Tiffany.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, Yeah, what is happening?
Speaker 1: What's going on? It hasn't been pressurized, but look, we're calling on behalf of one of our listeners who's been trying to get a hold of you. His name is Brad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, okay, is.
Speaker 4: That a good Okay, Tiffany, is it ever brooke this one time?
Speaker 2: Maybe we're hoping for a positive answer.
Speaker 1: Well, we figured since you know, you're not calling him back or you're being kind of slow with your responses, we just wanted to figure out what's going on because Brad is a little bit confused. He felt like you had a good connection on the plane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was hopeful that something would come of it, all right, Yes, okay, so yes.
Speaker 2: You had a good connection with him too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean to start with, Yeah, we had a really nice conversation, which is so good. I swly a lot and that doesn't often happen, so it was really nice to have somebody who was you know, funny and animated and became interested in stuff. So that was that was nice.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 6: Sometimes when you meet someone on a plane, you have to act like you're enjoying their company and you're not.
Speaker 1: So it's good that you really.
Speaker 4: Did, like, you know, his attention and can I ask like, when you got to your seat and you saw him sitting there, were you like, oh.
Speaker 5: I mean he's yeah, he's cute. I mean, like I said, I fly all the time, so I wasn't like looking for anything like this or thinking about it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, were just okay, So you have this, you know, cute guy on the plane that you admit you had a good connection with. That was very rare for you. What made her being changed?
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I guess he has obvious things happening that I just really I don't like drama and I don't really want to get involved with whatever is happening with him drama.
Speaker 1: We didn't hear anything about that.
Speaker 5: I mean, do you really want to know what happened.
Speaker 4: I mean he does because he does not remember any drama from your guys, like meeting on the plane.
Speaker 1: Then he fell asleep, and that was.
Speaker 5: It, exactly. Yeah, he wouldn't he wouldn't remember what was happening because he was he was asleep during.
Speaker 2: How could drama happened that he was breathing so loud?
Speaker 4: I told you loud, open mouth was the ugly sleeper sleepwalker.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: He's whole plane.
Speaker 5: So he fell asleep. He'd been watching something on his phone, so his phone kind of drops, you know, like between us a little bit. And then I realized this phone is like just blowing up, just non stop text but.
Speaker 1: He's getting texts or okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's just getting tons of texts, and so I just sort of glanced at it, like just to sort of make sure it wasn't like some sort of family emergency or something. Now that there's so much you can do when you're on a plane, but.
Speaker 4: You were worried about that, you were just curious.
Speaker 5: I'm sure. I'm sure it was a little of both. But so then I could see, obviously it's some girl who is just being very aggressive and texting like NonStop, and it was you know, all caps, and there was I mean, I don't know what was happening, but clearly there's some drama going on with some girl and that's not something I want to get involved with.
Speaker 2: So you didn't even know. It could have been a sister, it could have been a cousin, like.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't I don't know for sure, but it is definitely. I mean, if you thought the text, you would have thought the same thing.
Speaker 1: As let's find out for sure right now because you don't know this yet, Tiffany. But Brad is actually on the other line right now listening.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he's not dramatic at all.
Speaker 1: No, he wants to just jump in on this conversation. I'm guessing he's just sleeping.
Speaker 5: Brad.
Speaker 3: You there, Yeah, I'm here. How you doing so?
Speaker 2: Very cool? Calm and collect it.
Speaker 5: So do you if you work out all your drama with your with your other week?
Speaker 4: Okay I do not.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fan of drama either, But there were some loose ends I had to kind of tie up and it's done, Like I don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Wait, look, hold on, wait, hold on, Brad. Look, we always assume that everybody who emails into the show to ask for second dates is single.
Speaker 3: Exactly are you not?
Speaker 1: Like, maybe you're dating multiple women right now, and if you like, if you are, that's okay, but can you confirm that your single?
Speaker 3: I am one single? And by the time the plane landed, I was as well.
Speaker 5: So wait, so like somebody on a plane, you were like breaking up with somebody. It's like for somebody that you had never even really met before. Is that all we were saying?
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't want to sound like a creeper. I'm not. I'm not. I didn't break up with her because of somebody that I'm not on the plane. I'm just her and I we had issues. It wasn't going to go anywhere anyway, Like I was just trying to find I guess the motivation or.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what wait wait wait wait? Was you your ex when you boarded the plane or was she your ex when you got off the plane?
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Emotionally yes?
Speaker 1: People say, oh, we've been emotionally broken up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, And he doesn't like drama, are you kidding? That is?
Speaker 4: And then you fell asleep in the middle of.
Speaker 1: Red was tired from flirting so hard with Red before that. It takes a lot of energy out of you to break up with somebody.
Speaker 2: How long was this relationship It.
Speaker 3: Was six months. There wasn't a whole lot. Okay, that's on the line.
Speaker 5: That's enough to like form quite the attachment on her. I mean, I don't know this girl, but clearly on her side, it meant a lot, and that clearly hurt her. And it's it's pretty cheap to like text somebody when they physically cannot call you back because you're on a plane. I would never trust somebody who did that.
Speaker 4: Well, he didn't cheat, I mean honestly, like, Okay, it's pretty low that he would text her.
Speaker 2: And just break up with her that way, But he didn't cheat like he will. Don't be before he cheats on you. Yeah, were clean.
Speaker 1: I mean, Brooke, you don't know one hundred percent what they did on that plane, So let's not jump to conclusions.
Speaker 3: I didn't cheat. I didn't have two women at one time. It's like a connecting flight. I went from one flight.
Speaker 2: To he just had a layover. This is a layover.
Speaker 5: Don't layover.
Speaker 1: No. The bottom line, Tiffany Brad is a romantic and he saw something that he liked when he boarded on the plane, and he went for it, and he's continuing to go for it by going through us. That's why we're going to offer to send you guys out on another date, well your first date, I guess technically, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 5: Well, how lovely of you, but no, thank you. I had nothing to do with you sleeping, and that will be the last time I see you sleeping, So thank you.
Speaker 1: Quick Brad text her picture of you closing your eyes got Jeffrey in the morning. Maybe my favorite line of that entire second date was quote, I can promise you I was one hundred percent single once the plane lands.
Speaker 2: Unbelievably, it was a long fly.
Speaker 1: Still can't It is crazy. I mean, he may have been sleeping, but Brad was clearly also doing work before that, ditching the old and upgrading to the news.
Speaker 4: I mean, he did cheat or anything, but I gotta say her instincts spot on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she actually saw attack.
Speaker 7: She didn't want to share his business, but she said no, believe me, if you.
Speaker 1: Read it, you would have known.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now his upgrade to the first class person was not approved. He's back to taking the train again looking for somebody new. But we do wish Brad the best of luck. Make sure you go listen to all of our second Date updates by the way, at Brook and Jeffrey, on our YouTube page or anywhere you get your podcasts. You can listen to us on your next flight. You can even break up with us on it.
Speaker 2: There you go. I prefer you not to actually like it. If you could leave us a good review, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Asking you're a little clinging there, brother, It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.