Speaker 1: I do Part two. I'm here with Brian Austin Green. I'm Kathy Schwartz, and we are here with Farmer Sean and we are here to talk about all things from Farmer Wants a Wife. Then season four coming up, So what do you say we get started?
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: It's exciting season four coming out. How did you feel when you when they first reached out to you and they were like, hey, come, come bead Well, I mean.
Speaker 4: I got an Instagram DM one random day. I honestly thought it was a scam, and I told my parents about it. They just started laughing. And then as I was talking to people in Fox, more and more it sounded like a crazy opportunity. So I was like, I'm only young once. I'm gonna go ahead and do it. And I had been single for like a year before I did the show, So I was like, what a what a crazy time in my life and there's I don't think there's gonna be a better opportunity to find my potential future wife.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. Wow. So I got to ask you, do you believe in love at first sight?
Speaker 2: Sorry to believe now you are?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I think love at first sight is a crazy saying because obviously you don't know anyone when you first see him. But I think I kind of believe in this thing called like the invisible string theory, where like two people are just kind of drawn to each other. And I think, when you know, you know.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I got to back up invisible string. If you'd said magnet I was with you.
Speaker 4: It's a visible I don't necessarily know if I fully understand it myself. The way I perceive it is that there's almost like a string between two people and it just draws them closer and closer, and it's just like it's just kind of like when you have chemistry with someone you know you know.
Speaker 3: And you never know when you're supposed to run into somebody, but eventually you always do.
Speaker 2: It's like that meant to be.
Speaker 1: But I heard what you just said, When you know you know, are you one of those guys?
Speaker 4: I absolutely am when you know you know? And if he wanted to, he would, So I think I live by.
Speaker 2: Those I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: So besides the farm, your family also has an amazing farm to table restaurant, the Gathering Table. In your perspective, why is gathering around the table every day so important when building a solid relationship.
Speaker 2: Well, I think.
Speaker 4: I mean, I grew up eating dinner with my family at least five nights a week. It's something that was pretty strong in my family. My dad loves to make dinner, and I just think gathering around a table, especially over good food and good drinks, it's an amazing thing. And it's just all about connecting with the people you love. And I think that's kind of what the restaurant is all about, is bringing people together and especially experiencing good food. And then in this valley and specific is the whole farmer table thing. But then also partnering with local wineries and pairing our food with the local wineries.
Speaker 2: It's such a fulfilling experience.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: With my fiance, we always do we always make sure that we have like full family dinners, and I love it. That's that's one of the times where you get everybody out of their room, everybody out of there stuff, and we sit and we have these games on the table that are just questions you answer, and so we'll pull questions and then you go around the table and you answer, and so I love that it's silly things, but it really it's amazing how it brings things together and forces you guys to just kind of slow down, that you make.
Speaker 1: Time to eat meals with each other because you both live busy lives, have to. Okay, So speaking of cooking, I I met your mom and she gave me some fabulous pistachio cake. And I looked at her because I love to bake. I said, did you bake this?
Speaker 2: She up?
Speaker 1: She said no, And I'm that's.
Speaker 4: Okaynest And my family, my dad is the restaurant connoisseur, so he's the chef in my fan Okay.
Speaker 3: My dad is the one that made me a coffee and asking me what kind of can I just say, you.
Speaker 1: Have not stopped talking about that coffee since I can't stop. Okay, Well, if if you're that easy to please, just give the guy a cup of coffee. Okay. I am not a great cook. I can cook. I love to bake. I baked from scratch. Okay. So here's my question. And I'm not a big eater. I look like I am, but I'm really not. Would you rather date a picky eater or a woman like I who burns everything? She attempts to cook.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I'd rather date a girl that burns everything she attempts to cook, because at least she's trying to cook something, you know, And I think.
Speaker 1: Such a good answers, such a good I'm just going to tell you I already told your mother, So I'm just gonna get silly here for a second and sappy. You know, you are a wonderful guy in my opinion, and I could be your mom, almost your grandmother, but let's call let's go with mom. And I told your mother. Behind every you said this earlier, Brian, behind every good man is a woman. But guess what when you find a good young man like this guy, it didn't happen by magic. It's because you have great parents.
Speaker 2: I totally agree.
Speaker 4: I credit everything in my life to my parents. I mean, they raised me so well and I couldn't ask for better parents. Everything I have, everything I know, is a credit to them.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had your heart broken?
Speaker 2: Oh? Surprisingly?
Speaker 4: I mean I've I've had difficult situations in a relationship, but I've never been broken up with.
Speaker 1: Surprisingly, Yeah, you've never been broken up with?
Speaker 2: Broken up?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 3: So then you didn't have any red flags going into this you weren't concerned of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I guess I felt the control. But I just think in every relationship at least i've been in.
Speaker 1: Is okay, how mad you break up with right now?
Speaker 2: In my life? Probably four? Oh yeah, I really I haven't.
Speaker 4: Been in a lot of relationships in my life, and it's just because my ideologies.
Speaker 2: I I date to Mary, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Every girl you date you date to Mary.
Speaker 4: Well, I wouldn't be in a relation if I didn't think of own potential future spouse. I mean, that's the thing. Is like, I don't just go date a round just for fun. I do it for seriousness.
Speaker 1: Okay, so wait, you are twenty two years old. You are incredibly handsome.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What characteristics do you embody? Forget that you've never been broken up with. What characteristics do you embody that you think would make you a good husband.
Speaker 4: I would say leading the relationship, being the rock my wife can always lean on my children in the future. I think if a man is able to handle everything and his wife can be his biggest supporter. I'm full belief that behind every good man is a good woman, and I fully believe that. But I also think in every good family, there's a good man that leads the entire house.
Speaker 3: Wow, are you ever concerned that because you always dated for marriage, that you didn't necessarily experience everything and you may get into something and then later on down the line feel like I missed out on on life or any of that, or do you think so?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think at least the way I was raised, I mean, I came from a Christian background and I'm a man of faith. So I think I've never been the one to go, like, want to hook up with a bunch of people or go out to a bunch of bars and stuff like that. It's not me, and so I've never had the curiosity to go and do it.
Speaker 1: How important is it to you to date a woman of faith or marry a woman?
Speaker 2: Examely important. That's what I said going into this whole show.
Speaker 4: I said, Hey, that's like check list number one, and if they're not a woman of faith, they can go home.
Speaker 1: Did you literally on your show, I'm just a little teaser here. Did you ask that.
Speaker 4: Question all the time to every girl that was on the farm? Wow, that was one of the first ones I asked each of them.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's well, I got to say, you're a man that stands by your faith and that's to be respected.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. What was the hardest part of this journey for you to navigate? Because you know on my show there were some tough times. What was the hardest part for you?
Speaker 4: I would say for me, it was although I like, I know you the girl I was going to choose, I just think it's never a good feeling to break somebody's heart. So, I mean, when we were at the mixer at the first episode, I knew which girls I was going to bring back to the farm, and the toughest part was sending the girls home and not bringing them back to the farm because I knew which ones I was going to bring back, And I think it was just tough to sit there and break their heart as they're standing there looking.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine. And yet you have to let some go to move forward in your journey.
Speaker 2: That's how the process works.
Speaker 1: Right, And I'm assuming you believe in the process.
Speaker 4: Leaving the process. Wow, especially in the first episode, I mean, we're all sitting there in the barn, and just the layout of it is so incredibly tough, Like all nine girls are sitting up there and you call each one out by name.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a dodgeball game.
Speaker 4: And you sit there and call them out and the girls that you don't pick are still standing there looking at you, and you can just.
Speaker 2: See their heart crushed. And it's just not a good feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they put themselves out there, and I kind of put them myself in their shoes and just like, it's got to be a bad feeling to guess be sent home.
Speaker 3: And yet it's part of it, it's part of it's double edged. Yeah, this is the way some guys.
Speaker 1: Forced to make this choice.
Speaker 3: And it's not personal, it's this is a very specific situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: M So it's coffee and Brian, we're back here. That's me, Brian, it's you, Brian. It is absolutely you haven't changed a bit. I have not. We are back with another farmer, and this time we have farmer Braidon with us. Hi, Braiden, how's going it's going great. We're so glad to have you here.
Speaker 3: It's going great. Look at I show it up today and now I have, like, you know, a nice hat on. We have our cowboy. I'm straight cowboy. I came with my boots. Where are yours?
Speaker 1: I these are my boots? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, sneakers on a farm not there, made by Vans.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a whole new thing. Okay, Well two of the three of us have on. But so we know who's really a firmer here and who isn't. I don't like your attitude. Okay, I'm sorry, So let's move just let's just jump in here. Okay. Question for you? What really made you want to take a leap of faith and go on this show? Because there's a lot of dating shows out there you could have chosen. You're a handsome young dude, you could have chosen any of them. What made you want to do this?
Speaker 5: I mean, so I wasn't real familiar with the reality TV world before this, if I'm being honest, and you know, they kind of reached out, kind of fell in my lap, and you know, I didn't know what to expect at first, and honestly, I thought it was fake at first.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, did you think it was a prank or something?
Speaker 2: Ye all?
Speaker 5: And I showed a couple of my buddies and I was like, this is funny, and they're like, well, you're gonna do it. I was like, no, no, no, nobody's.
Speaker 1: You said. You said in Santa Claus is coming.
Speaker 5: Over next Yeah, And so then they finally they're just like, well just answer it. And answered it and they're like, dude, just take a phone call, just see what they say. And then took a phone call and now I'm here.
Speaker 6: So here you are?
Speaker 1: You are season four.
Speaker 6: Of answer your question.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I started running out of reasons not to do it because I was kind of like almost trying to talk myself out of it, just because it's a crazy thing.
Speaker 1: Had you been single a long time?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, I had a brief relationship a little bit before the show, but that was about it.
Speaker 3: How did they how did they know? Do you think that the producers of this to even reach out to you in the first time? How did they know your story and know that you were single and know that you were looking.
Speaker 6: For Well, they asked me, they asked me like, are you single.
Speaker 1: I'm not a producer, but I'm going to go with the obvious answer. Here. He's a damn good looking guy, so let's just see if they need.
Speaker 3: Too for sure, But I would assume then that he was in something, but he was already to ask you, I.
Speaker 1: Ask are you in a relationship? Damn? Okay, I'm happily engaged.
Speaker 5: So they don't want you for season five A possibility.
Speaker 1: Not as yet. Okay, that's not that I'm not a farmer.
Speaker 3: So that's female completely outside the box and what they're looking. So now you're a fifth generation, right, has there has there any been a part ever been a part of you that is, like, I don't want to be in the family business. I don't want to do this. I want to like rebel and do my own thing, and I have all these other ideas or has farming just that.
Speaker 5: Was honestly no, I mean, like the cliche like it's in your blood, you know what I mean? And like I I grew up kind of idolizing my grandpa and idolizing my dad, and I just grew up wanting to be.
Speaker 1: Just like your grandpa A lot a lot they all live.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I spent probably every Sunday with my grandpa growing up, every weekend. Yeah, so he he kind of molded me. My mom says, good. And helping him on the farm, is that, yeah, helping him on the farm or just getting in trouble doing whatever.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking a little more getting in trouble here.
Speaker 5: Teach me all the good things and some of the bad times. You know, that's called life.
Speaker 1: So I we just met today. I've thoroughly impressed with you. I think you're a great guy. I love music, and I understand that you love music as well I do. So do you want to find a woman who's musically inclined or do you not like to take people who are similar to you? Because I'm going to tell you I love music and in dating, if a guy says to me he doesn't like music.
Speaker 3: Well that's a weird thing for somebody to say, I don't like Well say that one, I don't really like music.
Speaker 1: It's like, what do you know? You only have a few senses to use all of them? How's your sense of smell? I'm saying. Then, I love to listen to music. If I'm whatever I'm doing, if I'm out walking, I've got a button, I'm listening, I've got playlists. I love to listen to music. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: It's it important to you? How how simpatico? There's a word for I mean, do you have to be.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's a complete deal break. I mean, if she says she doesn't like music, I think there's something else going on other than just not like music. But like, no, I do love music, you know. I love playing music. I write music when I'm not farming.
Speaker 6: That's kind of.
Speaker 1: My world outside of farm, a hidden desire to be a singer songwriter.
Speaker 5: Not like I'll say this, I'll never be able to like totally give up the farm, Like that's just something I don't think I could ever do, and like, no matter where life would take me, like I would always come back to it.
Speaker 6: And it's such a family thing.
Speaker 5: So I feel like leaving the farm would feel like I'm kind of turning away from my family in a sense. But am I Like Dad, who I work with on the farm, Like he's never forced it on me. He's like, you can go do whatever you want, Like, don't ever feel like you're chaining this farm.
Speaker 6: But you know, the songwriting is something very.
Speaker 1: Have you produced any music that's like are you? Are you on your way to Nashville when we finished this.
Speaker 5: I've been in Nashville a little bit, you know, and I got friends down there, and I haven't put out any music on my own, just because I've never claimed to be too much of like a great singer. I make the joke good enough for drunk people. Okay, the more you drink about sound, but no, I play like every dive bar and rule Illinois.
Speaker 3: But I have to imagine this like that working out on the farm is I And I always talk about this with like meditation that for me, meditating is doing like di I y and and gardening and things like that. I would have to imagine that being out on the farm by yourself for a lot of the time, being creative and using music as an outlet, is that they go hand in hand because so many musicians and artists come from that that life.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I mean like that's where a lot of the song ideas come from. Like when you're just this is gonna sound like the most like country cliche thing I've ever said, But like when I'm on the tractor like working ground or something like that, like some just kind of pops in your head and you're just, oh, you got nothing but time to think.
Speaker 3: You know, when you have nobody distracting you, you don't have conversations going on with somebody else, and that's when.
Speaker 1: You when you on the tractor and you and some idea comes to you and is it a theme? Is it words? Is it a is it a series of chords?
Speaker 5: What comes to It's always like when you know I'm not around my guitar or anything, it's always like like a line or a.
Speaker 3: Phrase, like like you never know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm just like usually it's like just an idea or a phrase.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I do yeah, really music, give me a c see.
Speaker 6: I don't know music, so like if you put music like, I can't read.
Speaker 1: So wait when you come off the tractor and and you as well, Brian, do you guys like write down? I don't even know what it's called. Do you train? Subscribe?
Speaker 3: But it depends, so I'm sure for you because you play guitar, you pick up a guitar and then you start working out the.
Speaker 1: Melody of what you heard in your head and do it.
Speaker 3: It's you kind of find whatever tool you can to immortalize what it is you were thinking. Because those ideas they go as fast as they come, so don't put them down right away. Nine times out of ten they're gone and you wake up the next day and you kick yourself.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, so, such a good idea. That's why they.
Speaker 3: Keep a notebook and a pen phone, Like I just put it in app Yeah, phones, man, like having the voice recorder and the phone.
Speaker 1: Like, I want to know meeting us, do you feel like the urge to write a song about meeting us, about hating this experience.
Speaker 6: I'm going after this right for sure?
Speaker 1: You and I to be famous.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be were We're the ones that get forced yeah person into that like that song about how much he.
Speaker 6: Hates No, I'm loving this.
Speaker 2: I'm loving that.
Speaker 3: If you're dating a woman she makes you a playlist of her favorite songs, are you judge your music choices or are you embracing whatever music she likes?
Speaker 5: So the honest answer is yeah, I'm probably judging a lot. It's like, you know, I'm you know, I kind of nerd out about music, you know, I want to know like who wrote the song, like how how they wrote it, what's the story behind? And I'm pretty like anymore. This is kind of the controversial thing is like I can't stand listening to like country radio.
Speaker 3: I just I really because a fan of like of old country compared.
Speaker 5: To yeah and just like kind of like the singer songwriter stuff, like.
Speaker 1: Just like who is your favorite man? That's give me the top what's your favorite genre?
Speaker 6: That country? I can't really can.
Speaker 1: I interrupt here? He said he loves country. Country is a genre. Then I said who your top three? And you said what's your favorite genre? So that's pete and repeat, thank you.
Speaker 5: I mean that's so hard. You know, I grew up on a lot of Alan Jackson. Oh yeah, and uh, but like.
Speaker 6: Like Dean Dylan probably never heard that name.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that name, and I.
Speaker 5: Like every George Straight hit you can think, you know what I mean? Like, and that's just like what I kind of nerd out that because I'm just like, nobody knows who this guy is and he's written every song in all of your favorite songs.
Speaker 1: What do you think of the new like the country? How do I say this pop country that's so prevalent today?
Speaker 5: This is what I say, Like, I I don't mind a lot of it, but when I'm listening to somebody like this is my biggest thing if I like believe it, Like if I believe what you're saying, even if it's like that poppy stuff like if I believe it then if it like it's a feeling. But if it's if I just see you know whoever like singing this song and I can tell they're kind of like playing this act like that's just kind of what turns me, turns me off to it.
Speaker 1: This is a true country music man here. It's like, I'm I love my I mean, you know, I've got my country music literally all the time going. But I like the pop country I do too.
Speaker 6: I mean I like some of it, and like.
Speaker 3: Music is a tough one, like for me, I know, whenever I hear music where you can tell that it's been produced for like perfection, then it loses the emotion that's tied to it, and then I don't like it as much because to me, music invokes emotion. That's the beauty of it. I grew up, I grew up in it. My dad is a he was a country drummer. He was turning off Glenn Campbell. That's so awesome for Campbell, Glenn Campbell, Rhinestone cowboy kidding So my dad, Okay, my dad played drums on that.
Speaker 6: That is so cool. That is so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, I hadn't thought about it, but I do know there's some music purists who don't like exactly describing what you're saying.
Speaker 5: And like I said, I do like you know, I like Morgan Law and like I like that. I was going to ask you, yeah, And it's just like sometimes I don't know if this is like me being bitter or like being a songwriter, but like sometimes you hear a song on the radio and you're like, I could write this in five minutes, you know what I mean? Like this guy's making millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: Like okay, So, speaking of being retired and moving back to farming, I have one question that I still want to ask you going through this experience of being on the Farmer Wants a Wife and how to have its ups and downs. You're a positive guy, you you know, you seem to have a good vibe about you. What did you lean on to get you through the difficult decisions during the show, because I know that they were it had to be tough. You have lovely women. That's got to be tough to let people go. Who what how did you get through it? Well?
Speaker 5: That was the hard and that never like just sending somebody home just felt horrible.
Speaker 2: It just.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean, like it's because sometimes like with this world is like you got to send some people home, like especially early on, that don't really deserve it, you know what I mean, Like it's you don't really have a reason to send them home sometimes just it's just kind of like what you have to do this kind of name of the game. And so that was really tough.
Speaker 1: And did you used to send people? And if you, assuming you.
Speaker 5: Did, honestly, well, they wouldn't let me keep everybody.
Speaker 3: He was like.
Speaker 5: The quick you know, I mean, like honestly, like when it got down, so it became super real for me. And that's like something that I wasn't really expecting. But honestly, again as cliche as it sounds, is like you really just got to like trust your gut and like follow your heart, and like, you know, I just was always thinking about like who am I thinking about right now?
Speaker 6: Like who's like whom I.
Speaker 5: Think when I'm not like around them, and like who's sticking out to me.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, Like you'd go to bed whom I thinking, right, Wow.
Speaker 3: Wake up in the morning, you can't wait to see somebody or you get there. Yeah, I can only imagine yeah.
Speaker 1: I could trust me. I really can only imagine.
Speaker 3: It seems like you would start having those moments that's got to be really, really scary.
Speaker 1: And then also really exciting at the same time. It's like a push and pull because you hate to send people home, but the same time, sending people home is getting you to closer, too closer to the goal of finding, hopefully finding your person.
Speaker 5: One thing I was kind of guilty of, and you know talking with other guys is like it's easy to get this way is sometimes you're you're just constantly thinking about like who you're going to send home because it's like such a hard decision, so you.
Speaker 1: Get you want to get it over with.
Speaker 5: You get hung up on that instead of like thinking about like you know, oh, like it's her, like yeah, you know, so, yeah, there's a lot going.
Speaker 3: On that's unbelievable. I can't imagine. I mean, I'm being honest.
Speaker 1: I was not the chosen one on my show, and so I didn't have to do what you had to do as a lead. Yeah, because I wasn't one. But I think that's got to be really tough to look at people who are potentially theoretically they've been vetted they're all lovely human beings and you to say bye bye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's amazing is you watch the show and you think, oh my god, how are like, how are these women so especially episode one, how are they already so committed and in this? But you forget You don't think about what it's like to be on the other side of that, having to choose people and knowing that you're going to hurt people's feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, can I tell you what I've been thinking? How lucky Brian you and I are to have met today than an amazing you are an amazing guy. We wish you all the best.
Speaker 6: I appreciate.
Speaker 1: We hope your season is everything you want it to be, and that you find the beautiful, lovely, incredible woman so that the farmer has found his wife after We're all hope
Speaker 3: Everyone be sure to tune into the new season A Farmer Wants a Wife on Tuesday, April twenty first, at eight seventh Central on Fox.